IRC log for #koha, 2019-11-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:16 inlibro joined #koha
00:54 bdonnahue joined #koha
01:16 inlibro joined #koha
02:16 inlibro joined #koha
02:21 lukeG joined #koha
03:16 inlibro joined #koha
04:16 inlibro joined #koha
05:16 inlibro joined #koha
06:05 chris joined #koha
06:17 inlibro joined #koha
06:31 calire joined #koha
06:48 fridolin joined #koha
06:54 davidnind joined #koha
07:17 inlibro joined #koha
07:28 magnuse talljoy++ for volunteering!
07:36 laurence joined #koha
07:36 magnuse woohoo, all the build statuses on the dashboard are green!
07:56 reiveune joined #koha
07:56 reiveune hello
07:58 andreashm joined #koha
08:05 liliputech_asu joined #koha
08:05 alex_a joined #koha
08:06 alex_a Bonjour
08:07 magnuse bonjour france
08:17 inlibro joined #koha
08:23 liliputech_asu bonjour magnuse :)
08:37 henryb joined #koha
08:50 laurence joined #koha
08:53 lilipute1h_asu joined #koha
09:09 ashimema wow.. even MySQL8 is clean!
09:17 inlibro joined #koha
09:17 Joubu ashimema: we should screenshot the "build statuses" on thedashboard right now and replace the badges with it
09:17 * Joubu is already writing the pull request
09:19 magnuse hehe
09:19 magnuse hiya lilipute1h_asu
09:37 ashimema haha
09:38 ashimema I'm so pleased with MySQL8 passing.. thanks for your work there Joubu
09:40 Joubu D10 is still failing however
09:41 ashimema mmm, I am waiting on Mirko for an update on packaging..
09:41 ashimema it's a dependancy mess I believe
09:59 Joubu @later tell rangi the translated versions of the manual are still not there. I was expecting a `git pull` on the server this night that would have triggered the gitlab-ci make_html, rsync commands. Am I missing something or just need to wait a bit more?
09:59 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
10:13 vfernandes joined #koha
10:17 inlibro joined #koha
10:18 magnuse ashimema: i have you ever seen something like bug 24043?
10:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24043 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , ILL module can't show requests from more than one backend
10:19 ashimema hmm, I haven't.. I'll ask andrew
10:19 magnuse awesome!
10:25 * magnuse launches himself into lunch
10:27 davidnind left #koha
10:27 paul_p joined #koha
10:28 ashimema Andrew Isherwood 10:26
10:28 ashimema Sounds like the request status doesn't align with those defined in the backend, perhaps. Very hard to say without seeing it in action. I'd put some JS breakpoints in to see what meta.settings.oInit.originalData looks like for each row
10:43 Joubu @later tell rangi bugzilla 5.0.6 patch for the graph colors attached on bug 23672. They had the wonderful idea to perltidy all their files and switch from 4 spaces to 2 spaces indentation... (gonna add that idea to our next dev meeting agenda ;))
10:43 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
11:05 ashimema @seen lari
11:05 huginn ashimema: lari was last seen in #koha 5 days, 14 hours, 16 minutes, and 37 seconds ago: <lari> Bug 23998
11:16 paxed the Koha_Plugin_Hooks wiki page doesn't seem to be up to date
11:18 inlibro joined #koha
11:30 * ashimema wonders if we should have a 'Plugin' section in bugzilla.. to track bugs in hooks, new and enhanced hooks
11:33 cait joined #koha
11:36 Joubu ashimema: there is "plugin architecture", not sure what is is
11:36 Joubu "Bugs associated with adding, updating, removing and fixing code related to plugin infrastructure with core Koha."
11:36 ashimema I literally just added it ;)
11:37 * ashimema is going through release notes and spots lots of plugin related enhancements and things lost amonght the 'architecture' category
11:37 Joubu ha :)
11:37 ashimema I'm just going to label up all plugin hooks and enhancements with that component now.. should make tracking a little easier as it's a fast moving area of koha.. much like REST api is now.
11:39 ashimema I added 'architecture' into the name to try and make it clear it's not that we're supporting the plugins themselves.. but that this only concerns stuff in core pertaining to allowing plugins to be built
11:46 khall_ joined #koha
11:56 cait hm is bug email working?
11:57 * ashimema hasn't check his email today
11:57 * cait waves
11:58 cait https://lists.koha-community.o[…]/mailman/listinfo
11:59 ashimema wierd
11:59 cait yes
11:59 caroline_catlady joined #koha
11:59 cait it looks like a mailserver problem
11:59 cait the email you sent came through on koha - but that's the katipo server
11:59 cait not biblibre's
11:59 cait jajm: around?
11:59 cait or lilipute1h_asu maybe?
12:02 ashimema did you see talljoy has stepped up for 19.11 rmaint :)
12:02 cait no i didn't
12:02 cait had a bit of a slow start, i think i am getting a cold :(
12:03 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:04 cait does someoen know who cares for the mail server at biblibre? laurent?
12:05 ashimema pass
12:07 cait hm
12:10 cait fridolin: ?
12:10 cait matts: around?
12:10 cait paul_p: ?
12:11 cait reiveune: ? :)
12:11 reiveune ?
12:11 * cait makes a lot of IRC clients light up
12:11 cait hey :)
12:11 ashimema Joubu might still have access?
12:11 reiveune hi :)
12:11 cait we noticed that thre is a problem with the mail server: https://lists.koha-community.o[…]istinfo/koha-bugs
12:12 cait it seems mails are not coming through from the biblibre mail server - can you ping the person responsible?
12:12 reiveune ok
12:12 cait thank you
12:13 Joubu I don't
12:17 Joubu cait: what about bug 24027, last 2 comments?
12:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24027 normal, P5 - low, ---, nugged, ASSIGNED , Adding multiple items is slow
12:18 inlibro joined #koha
12:18 cait Joubu: sorry, not sure i understand the issue yet and lacking time to test right now
12:19 Joubu page is too heavy when thousands of items are displayed on the add items form
12:22 Joubu kidclamp maybe? ^
12:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:28 kidclamp There is a pref on the details page to show or not if there are many
12:28 kidclamp Maybe similar?
12:28 alex_a joined #koha
12:31 Joubu kidclamp: do we? Do you remember the name of the pref?
12:31 kidclamp opac only, sorry
12:31 kidclamp OpacMaxItemsToDisplay
12:31 Joubu we have for the batch item mod/del
12:32 kidclamp https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=13680
12:32 huginn Bug 13680: minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Items list on edit items page separates add items form from header and sidebar
12:32 kidclamp relatedish
12:33 kidclamp the problem though is that we do want to see the items so we can choose which to edit
12:34 oleonard joined #koha
12:34 Joubu yes but not similar, 24027 is about perf issues
12:35 khall joined #koha
12:37 oleonard Hi #koha
12:37 cait hi oleonard
12:37 wahanui hi oleopard
12:40 * oleonard is happy to have a working devbox again after two weeks without
12:42 thd joined #koha
12:48 * magnuse prepares for a deluge of patches from oleonard
12:48 oleonard :D Lots of other work to do, so if you do see them you know I'm procrastinating, magnuse
12:49 * oleonard should never have fixed his devbox
12:56 tcohen hola
12:56 oleonard Hi tcohen
12:58 tcohen hehe, hope I can see you procrastinate a bit
12:58 fridolin cait: indeed its Laurent, please mail me I'll forward
12:58 caroline_ joined #koha
12:58 caroline_ hiyee!
12:59 ashimema ooh.. docs meeting soon..
12:59 ashimema I'd forgotten about that :)
13:00 * caroline_ is fending off cats from eating her breakfast
13:01 Marie-Luce joined #koha
13:01 cait fridolin: i think reiveune emailed him
13:02 reiveune yes i do
13:02 fridolin oki super
13:02 cait fridolin: no mails comin in from the mailing lists today
13:02 fridolin it happens ;) mailling is more and more difficult these days
13:02 cait maybe the server just needs a reboot
13:03 * caroline_ apologizes for any weird messages sent by her cats stepping on the keyboard
13:03 caroline_ ;)
13:03 * thd needs a reboot.
13:03 caroline_ since davidnind doesn't seem to be around, should we start the meeting anyway?
13:03 Marie-Luce Hi everyone
13:04 caroline_ it's been a while since I've chaired... hopefully it goes well...
13:05 caroline_ #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019
13:05 huginn Meeting started Thu Nov 14 13:05:03 2019 UTC.  The chair is caroline_. Information about MeetBot at
13:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
13:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_14_november_2019'
13:05 caroline_ #topic Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
13:05 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes) (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
13:05 caroline_ #Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Montréal, Québec
13:06 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:08 Marie-Luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro, Montréal, Québec
13:08 caroline_ ashimema, cait ?
13:10 caroline_ #topic Review of action points
13:10 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
13:11 caroline_ First is review of Manager role
13:11 caroline_ #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]tation_management
13:12 ashimema_ joined #koha
13:12 ashimema_
13:12 caroline_ ashimema and I started documenting the role
13:12 caroline_ if you have anything to add, please do :)
13:13 caroline_ Yesterday at the general meeting, we voted on the new team
13:13 caroline_ However, anybody who wants to join the team mid-cycle is welcome!!
13:13 caroline_ Send me an email or a @later if you're not sure how to contribute
13:14 ashimema_ #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:14 caroline_ davidnind and I will be sharing the docs manager role
13:14 ashimema_ If people do join caroline_, let me know and I can add them into the release notes that get generated
13:14 caroline_ davidnind will continue the stellar job he has been doing for orienting the docs strategy
13:15 caroline_ davidnind++
13:15 ashimema_ I'm excited by the two of you working it between you.. we benefit from both your strengths :)
13:15 caroline_ and I will do the nitty gritty, like populate Taiga and merging requests
13:16 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:16 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
13:16 caroline_ lol ashimema I think you have a problem with your IRC client again XD
13:17 caroline_ branching off for a second
13:17 thd changing identity should give a problem
13:17 caroline_ thd has taken the role of wiki curator
13:17 caroline_ and will continue his hard work of updating the wiki
13:17 caroline_ thd++
13:18 inlibro joined #koha
13:18 * thd has long been secret curator except for a long bout of spending all his time helping elderly neighbours and friends with serious problems.
13:18 caroline_ I'm not very technical, but if there is anything I can do to help, I'm happy to (I can test)
13:19 thd Testing should be very soon.
13:19 caroline_ :( I hope your neighbours are better...
13:19 blou joined #koha
13:19 Marie-Luce I've some spare time, but I'm not too sure how can I help
13:19 thd Sadly my neighbour passed on which gives me time for Koha again.
13:20 caroline_ :(
13:20 Marie-Luce sorry to hear this
13:20 thd I kept her going eight years when her diagnosis was six months.
13:21 caroline_ back to DM role, ashimema_ has also been documenting the DM transition workflow
13:22 sev_q joined #koha
13:22 sev_q Hello #oha !
13:23 caroline_ davidnind and I have both been dm before, so I'm not sure this applies for this cycle, but we will have to test it eventually
13:24 caroline_ #topic Project updates
13:24 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
13:25 caroline_ current ongoing projects are : content development guide
13:25 caroline_ #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Development_Guide
13:25 thd I hope that many tests for wiki migration and then updating will be automated with diffs etc.
13:27 caroline_ Wiki update and curator role is also an ongoing project
13:27 caroline_ :)
13:27 caroline_ also Git guide for non-developers (Marie-Luce, maybe you could help with this as you are new to git)
13:28 caroline_ #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]for_documentation
13:28 khall joined #koha
13:28 * ashimema_ will read that one and see if anything stands out.. not looked at it in a while
13:28 caroline_ also Automated screenshots, Joubu and davidnind were both working on this independently I think
13:29 caroline_ Not sure there's been any progress
13:29 caroline_ And finally, three other of davidnind's babies, Installation guide, Getting started guide and Reorganising manual contents
13:30 Marie-Luce I can work on git guide for documentation. It will be a good way to learn
13:31 caroline_ It was not mentionned in the agenda, but davidnind also worked on a documentation strategy plan, which I'm in love with
13:31 caroline_ #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]umentation_-_Plan
13:31 caroline_ It's a complete rethinking of the documentation for Koha
13:32 ashimema_ Interesting.. I'll have a read of that shortly
13:32 caroline_ He talked a bit about it in his talk at KohaCon19
13:33 ashimema_ I was leading an alternate talk I think during that one :(
13:33 ashimema_ so missed it.
13:33 caroline_ aw... :(
13:34 caroline_ Wasn't it during the conference part?
13:34 ashimema_ Translation workflow is slowly starting to come together too
13:34 ashimema_ I think it was one of the workshops
13:34 ashimema_ I might be wrong
13:34 caroline_ he did a workshop too, but he did a talk
13:35 caroline_ anyway, I'm conscious of the time... Translation workflow was a subtopic in What's been done so far
13:35 caroline_ which we're getting to
13:36 caroline_ #topic What's been done so far
13:36 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
13:36 caroline_ lucyvh, myself and cait have been submitting merge requests for the manual
13:37 caroline_ keep up the good work team!!
13:37 caroline_ Now we'll embark on the changes for 19.11 and I hope we can do 20.05 at the same time
13:37 caroline_ we're a bit behind
13:37 ashimema_ have you guys got a process worked out for maintaining the different versions?
13:38 ashimema_ I'm still a little out of touch on the docs flow front.
13:38 caroline_ I wanted to ask, from now on, since we'll be working in several versions at the same time, make sure to write which version(s) your change applies to so I can merge it on the right manual
13:38 caroline_ #action caroline_catlady will work on a system for managing several manual branches at the same time
13:39 ashimema_ I 'think' gitlab will let you do that at the merge request end.. i.e. ask to merge into branch x instead of merge into master
13:39 caroline_ #info when submitting merge requests, please indicate which koha version it applies to
13:39 caroline_ It does
13:39 caroline_ And I can also cherry pick on to another branch
13:39 caroline_ technically, everything should go on master
13:40 ashimema_ do you tend to do all your work in gitlab, or do you have a local copy of git which you use for managing ?
13:40 caroline_ unless something was removed
13:40 ashimema_ brill
13:40 caroline_ I work on the manual from a local repo, but the managing stuff I do on gitlab
13:41 ashimema_ I'm happy to give some lessons on cherry-picking and things if you like
13:41 caroline_ gitlab makes it very easy (there's litterally a button that says cherry pick and you choose which branch)
13:41 caroline_ but I'm open to learning how to do it command line to :)
13:42 ashimema_ great :)
13:42 * ashimema_ isn't so familiar with gitlab ui.. :)
13:42 caroline_ ok, about the translation workflow!
13:42 caroline_ what did we decide?
13:42 cait oops, missing hte meeting?
13:43 caroline_ hi cait!
13:43 cait hi
13:43 cait too late?
13:43 caroline_ we're getting to the translation workflow for the manual
13:43 caroline_ I saw the discussions, but I don't know if we decided anything yet
13:44 cait I didn't get any feedback on the paper Martin and I wrote - ashimema, have you touched base with bernardo since?
13:45 ashimema_ well, initially I just wanted to try and make sure the regular rebuilds of the manual were working for the various branches.. at the moment I think the only 'living document' is the master branch.. but it's been getting pushed regularly to the 19.05 manual
13:45 cait one thig maybe to discuss is when to branch out the manuals
13:45 * cait has to keep an eye on her lunch cooking
13:45 ashimema_ once I've got that side of it sorted I wanted to look at automating pulling in translations from
13:47 ashimema_ I'm currently reading the scripts on the translate server to get a better understanding of how it all fits together before proposing next steps ;)
13:47 caroline_ for the manual branches, I suggested that we create one as soon as the cycle begins so we can work on it as the developpers add things
13:47 ashimema_ I think 19.11 should be branched off on the day of the release (same time as I branch the koha code branch off)
13:48 caroline_ but it means more work on managing branches for the dm
13:48 ashimema_ then the 'master' manual branch effectively follows 20.05
13:48 ashimema_ that's how we work in koha code development
13:49 ashimema_ so 'master' == 20.05 before it's released.. then 20.11 once 20.05 is released.. then 21.05 etc etc.
13:49 caroline_ ok makes sense
13:50 ashimema_ so master is the living document.. then things that aught to be backported (i.e are 'fixes' and not 'additions/enhancements/new features') get cherry-picked into the 'stable' docs branches
13:50 ashimema_ the issue I see here is that if I'm not mistaken you guys generally are a few months behind on documentation?
13:50 caroline_ ok so right now, we should have master and 19.11 and before
13:51 caroline_ yes -_-
13:51 ashimema_ so in effect you're rapidly playing catch up for the first few months of each cycle
13:51 caroline_ I'd like us to be more up to date...
13:51 ashimema_ that would be great
13:51 caroline_ That's why I want to work on getting the release notes in taiga for everyone to work on
13:51 caroline_ asap
13:52 ashimema_ is there's anything we can do with bugzilla or whatever to help track what 'bugs' get backported into the stable branches.. so you know better what manual changes also need corresponding backports?
13:52 ashimema_ what do you mean 'getting the release notes in taiga'?
13:53 caroline_ oh I hadn't thought of that part... but the bugs that usually get backported don't need documentation since theyre fixing things that should already work
13:53 ashimema_ well.. usually ;)
13:53 ashimema_ but sometimes a fix clarifies some usage or changes wording
13:53 caroline_ I read through the release notes diffs and add tasks in taiga for bugs that mean changes in the manual
13:53 ashimema_ cait , any comments on there..
13:54 ashimema_ once a release is done should the manual be pretty much static?
13:54 caroline_ I think so, unless were behind like right now
13:54 ashimema_ oh cool.. I'm still working on tidying up the release notes btw ;)
13:54 cait i think we are not quite there yet
13:55 cait but in the future maybe - we could have a 'docs' freeze :)
13:55 ashimema_ trying to go through every bug and traige it to make sure it's labelled correctly in terms of component, severity, enhancement/new feature or bug etc and then add small summaries for enhancements and new features.
13:55 cait howhard is it to cherry-pick with the gitlab giu?
13:55 caroline_ not hard at all
13:55 cait cool
13:55 caroline_ I can do it :)
13:56 cait i think there are some 'pros' to branching
13:56 ashimema_ agreed
13:56 cait - help links from Koha go to the manual - so if there is no 19.11 manual... do they work?
13:56 cait - we could publish a link to the 19.11 manual in the release notes
13:57 cait - we will have a 19.11 manual on the website...
13:57 cait so a lot of pros to branching out i think
13:57 thd On many large projects documentation is somewhat behind the code which is almost inevitable.  A docs freeze if it could work would not realistically work at the same time as a code freeze.
13:57 khall joined #koha
13:57 ashimema_ For a cycle a few cycles back we did have a development version of the manual running.. that was cool as, as a developer you could look at the manual for new features to see if they existed or not (and links worked I believe)
13:57 caroline_ Can we branch out on the day of feature freeze?
13:58 ashimema_ branching at feature freeze would be fine by me.. though I'm not sure if it would win you much...
13:58 cait it would win some time maybe
13:58 cait for bernardo to set up the manual po projects etc
13:59 ashimema_ if you're still expecting the workflow to be 'merge to master -> backport to branches' then you'd just be making that 'backport to branches' step a requirement a few weeks earlier in the process
13:59 ashimema_ that is certainly true cait..
13:59 ashimema_ that makes allot of sense actually..
13:59 ashimema_ we could branch 19.11 manual now so that translation can start now..even if the manual isn't complete yet?
14:00 thd If only all code patches required complete documentation for the manual.
14:00 cait usually, when the strings don't change, you don't have to retranslate, only changes
14:00 cait so you can start translating and most of it will stay the same
14:01 caroline_ we do do a lot of de-capitalization and review (anyway, I do)
14:01 ashimema_ I do think that a monthly string freeze anouncement for the manual would be good... I imagine the first 2 maybe 3 months of a new stable the manual for that version gets updated a lot (doing catch up).. having translators know they need to go and translate the updates once a month is likely going to yield better results that expecting they'll be watching the repo and translating as you go.
14:01 cait i think ideally a change to a stable branch should trigger a po file update
14:01 ashimema_ haha.. funny you should say that thd.. that's been on my list for a while.
14:01 ashimema_ I've actually added some bugzilla searches to try and encourage the big commiters to keep up with documenting their new features.
14:03 caroline_ I don't want to interrupt this conversation, but I'm aware that we are over our hour
14:03 cait whatever we do, let's write up the process :)
14:03 cait caroline_diplomatic! :)
14:03 ashimema_ +1
14:03 caroline_ I was going to suggest to write it up and discuss next meeting?
14:03 cait ok, do we have something to #info or #agreed?
14:04 caroline_ I don't feel like we've agreed on anything
14:04 ashimema_ indeed
14:04 caroline_ cait, can you write the pros to branching and ashimema_ can you write the cons?
14:04 cait so .. next step?
14:05 cait hm
14:05 cait I can try to writ eup something and Martin can add to it
14:05 cait but I will take a bit - i have some errands to run first
14:05 cait where shoudl we put it?
14:05 caroline_ During this cycle, I will see how hard it is to manage several branches, and I will be better able to make a decision
14:05 ashimema_ Joubu is around now.. I think he's also got allot to input in that area.. we can get his input a bit too
14:06 caroline_ yes, much expertise stored in Joubu :)
14:06 cait wiki?
14:06 ashimema_ +1
14:06 caroline_ wiki or google docs, whatever is fine
14:06 cait ok
14:06 caroline_ it's just a working document
14:06 cait ashimema: can oyu set up a page and send me the link maybe?
14:07 thd google docs is non-free software eating your soul.
14:07 Joubu about the translation, we are dealing with it on the issue. Bernardo, Chris and me. We will write down how it works, when we will remember :D
14:07 Joubu[…]-manual/issues/13
14:07 caroline_ thd framapad then? :)
14:07 thd :)
14:08 cait start something please :) I am willing to add to whatever
14:08 lukeG joined #koha
14:08 Joubu Something else, I am certainly off topic, sorry:
14:08 caroline_ #action ashimema_ will create a wiki page to discuss branching out the manual
14:08 ashimema_ stick it on the wiki
14:09 caroline_ #action cait will discuss branching out on the wiki
14:09 ashimema_ I'll catch you up in PM Joubu
14:09 Joubu k
14:09 caroline_ I will skip the next steps as that is pretty much what we just did and go to final topic
14:09 caroline_ #topic Set time of next meeting
14:09 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 14 November 2019)
14:10 caroline_ 11 december is already taken up by general meeting I think
14:10 caroline_ do we want 12 december?
14:11 caroline_ could we do it later so david can join?
14:11 ashimema_ sounds good to me.
14:11 thd I may miss a mid December meeting while travelling to California for a couple of weeks.
14:11 ashimema_ December meetings are always challenging.. that time of year and all
14:12 ashimema_ I'd just schedule it and hope people can attend ;)
14:12 caroline_ yeah parties and stuff :)
14:12 ashimema_ yup
14:13 thd I will definitely attend if the electricity is working and I can otherwise.
14:13 caroline_ #info Next meeting: 12 December 2019, 19 UTC
14:13 caroline_ #endmeeting
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:13 huginn Meeting ended Thu Nov 14 14:13:48 2019 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:13 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-14-13.05.html
14:13 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]9-11-14-13.05.txt
14:13 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]14-13.05.log.html
14:14 caroline_ phew!
14:14 caroline_ I saw the translation rate has gone down for my language :)
14:14 ashimema_ caroline_++
14:14 ashimema_ thanks :)
14:14 oleonard caroline_++
14:14 caroline_ 95% translated
14:15 caroline_ thank you all for your time, sorry it was longer that usual
14:16 caroline_ ok I'm off to the office, bbl
14:17 cait caroline_catlady++
14:17 * oleonard brb
14:18 inlibro joined #koha
14:21 oleonard joined #koha
14:26 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:28 cait there are too many caroline_catlady today
14:28 oleonard No such thing
14:29 cait true
14:32 * thd has to go to work today and needs more sleep
14:33 bdonnahue joined #koha
14:34 ashimema_ @later tell rangi Any chance you could look at the apache config on a few of the translated manuals, like[…]e/html/index.html are giving a 403 permissions error
14:34 huginn ashimema_: The operation succeeded.
14:39 bdonnahue joined #koha
14:48 marieluce joined #koha
14:50 Joubu @later tell rangi found that error: "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'Stemmer'" from gitlab, I guess that would explain something went wrong during the generation of the manual translations
14:50 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:54 Joubu @later tell rangi, ok added to the .gitlab-ci for 19.05 and see what's happening next, I am stopping molesting you now.
14:54 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
14:56 alex_a_ joined #koha
15:00 Joubu @later tell rangi (maybe not *right now*) We need gitlab-ci for stable branch actually, Martin and me are on it. So basically you clean your window with all what I told you today ;)
15:00 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:09 caroline_catlady hello again!
15:11 calire left #koha
15:16 tcohen later
15:18 inlibro joined #koha
15:25 liliputech_asu joined #koha
15:30 oleonard Oh no kohadevbox working but sync_repo not :(
15:31 oleonard Somehow my work from yesterday is in the VM but changes from today don't show up there
15:33 cait :(
16:01 alex_a joined #koha
16:06 * ashimema_ prays
16:07 cait joined #koha
16:08 cait argh, laptop ran out of battery
16:08 cait mailing list server is still dead?
16:09 oleonard Oh is that why there's no bugzilla traffic?
16:10 * oleonard is accustomed to a steady trickle at least
16:10 ashimema_ yup
16:10 * talljoy goes to find more bugs to assign to oleonard
16:11 ashimema_ well.. that and I've not looked at bugzilla today.. been working on other things that were put off before string freeze
16:11 ashimema_ today has been my catch up on other things day
16:11 ashimema_ ooh talljoy is here :)
16:11 * oleonard couldn't work on a bug even if he wanted to, which he does
16:11 ashimema_ thanks for stepping up to fill the gap in our rmaints talljoy :)
16:11 talljoy sorry about your devbox
16:11 talljoy my pleasure ashimema
16:12 ashimema_ tcohen had an issue earlier with sync_repo oleonard..
16:12 ashimema_ not sure what it was.
16:12 talljoy i look forward to it, if the community doesn't object to throwing my name in
16:12 oleonard Oh I didn't see that news, talljoy! Thank you very much
16:12 ashimema_ certainly not, welcome aboard, the more he merrier.
16:13 ashimema_ if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask..  I'll be dropping an email around to the rmaints some time in the next week or so to 'onboard' everyone.. basically reminding people where documentation for the role is, offering any assistance, asking for public keys so I can get you all setup for pushing etc..
16:13 ashimema_ I'm trying to be organised this time around :)
16:14 talljoy organized is a good thing!
16:16 ashimema_ cait I think between Joubu and I we may have got translations building properly for the manual..
16:16 ashimema_ I'm just watching the job running now
16:17 ashimema_ building the manual is a very long job it seems
16:17 cait oleonard: yeah i miss the emails too ... lots of my workflow depends ont he mails
16:17 cait I sent an email to lds from Biblibre, ashimema - cc
16:18 cait and thx talljoy!
16:18 cait let me know if I can help
16:18 inlibro joined #koha
16:19 talljoy i will cait!
16:19 cait ashimema sounds good
16:20 cait ashimema: working on the po file transfer already too or just building the manuals for now?
16:20 ashimema_ a little of both
16:20 ashimema_ right now half the manuals on the website go to a 403 dead end page
16:20 ashimema_ I'm fixing that at the minute
16:21 ashimema_ If that works, next job is to get each of the branches building and pushing to the right branch.. i.e at the moment the development version of the manual gets pushed to the 19.05 links on the website
16:21 ashimema_ I'm fixing that
16:21 ashimema_ then.. it'll be automating pulling in translations
16:23 cait keeping fingers crossed
16:23 cait and a big thanks to everyone owrking on this
16:24 cait ashimema++ Joubu++
16:25 caroline_catlady yes thank you! ashimema_++ Joubu++
16:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #55: UNSTABLE in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_U18/55/
16:27 ashimema_ interesting..
16:27 ashimema_ who prompted a Jenkins build
16:28 ashimema_ oh.. 19.05.. not me :)
16:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #56: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D9/56/
16:29 fridolin left #koha
16:30 bag !bang
16:30 AnnaBoten There is no hunt right now! You can start a hunt with the 'start' command
16:31 cait hi bag
16:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D8 build #54: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_19.05_D8/54/
16:40 * caroline_catlady will forever imagine bag as yosemite sam entering the salloon guns ablazin'
16:40 bag hehe
16:40 bag I don’t have the correct mustache
16:41 talljoy or hat
16:41 caroline_catlady or ginger hair
16:41 oleonard[…]rf0pgty/giphy.gif
16:42 caroline_catlady oleonard: exactly! lol!
16:42 caroline_catlady yosemite bag
16:42 bag :D
16:44 cait :)
16:50 alex_a joined #koha
16:59 * cait translates and sighs
16:59 * cait sends cookies to caroline_catlady
16:59 caroline_catlady ooh free cookies!
17:00 caroline_catlady why are you sighing?
17:00 caroline_catlady too much work?
17:06 cait ... and boring!
17:07 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
17:07 caroline_catlady I find it's a good mindless activity when I need to switch off
17:08 caroline_catlady speaking of translating, what is the difference between a "key map" and a "keyboard shortcut"?
17:12 cait caroline_catlady not sure...
17:12 cait maybe the shortcut is what you create by the key map?
17:12 caroline_catlady ok... I think I will just use the translation for keyboard shortcut...
17:13 caroline_catlady trying to translate "More documentation on defining key maps"
17:13 caroline_catlady I don't feel like the documentation is very useful to the end user but whatevs
17:15 laurence left #koha
17:19 inlibro joined #koha
17:22 bdonnahue joined #koha
17:32 bdonnahue joined #koha
17:36 bdonnahue joined #koha
17:46 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:06 tcohen ashimema: it would be great if 19.11 had the OAuth2 dependencies issue solved :-D
18:08 tcohen @later tell fridolin please consider 22280 for 19.05.x
18:08 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:19 inlibro joined #koha
18:45 reiveune bye
18:45 reiveune left #koha
19:02 bdonnahue joined #koha
19:11 kathryn joined #koha
19:13 * cait waves
19:18 kidclamp @later tell fridolin I don't think 23484 belongs in 19.05
19:18 huginn kidclamp: The operation succeeded.
19:19 inlibro joined #koha
19:19 oleonard Hi kidclamp
19:19 kidclamp hi oleopard
19:31 cait bug 23484
19:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23484 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Pushed to stable , Holds to pull ( uses removed default_branch_item_rules table
19:31 cait hm ouch
19:31 cait kidclamp: you should email him, he asked me to email him if there is something like that last meeting
19:37 kidclamp kk
19:40 oleonard I'd like to announce that my devbox is NOT fixed (it's fixed) because SAYING it's fixed (it is) might jinx the whole thing
19:40 cait understood
19:40 cait unfixed, totally
19:41 caroline_catlady still not fixed, got it
19:47 oleonard HAHAHA IT'S NOT ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨
19:48 oleonard rsync doesn't recognize new changes to the host files after the devbox starts
19:51 oleonard ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ)
19:52 wizzyrea is that you putting the table back down
19:52 wizzyrea or getting ready to flip it
19:53 oleonard Putting it back down... but nobody saw me flip the table so I can see the confusion
19:55 oleonard Codemirror's documentation is making me want to flip that table again
19:56 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:59 * oleonard will exercise the furniture more tomorrow
20:02 bdonnahue joined #koha
20:19 inlibro joined #koha
20:23 wizzyrea hazard warning, I'm going to be breaking the manuals on the website for a short time
20:24 andreashm joined #koha
20:31 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
20:33 wizzyrea should be back now
20:40 wizzyrea do please sing out if anything seems wrong there - we just needed a bit more space on the server!
20:40 wizzyrea so I gave it some!
20:43 ashimema wizzyrea. What did you do to the manuals?
20:47 * ashimema_ just wonders as he's been trying to get the translations working a fair chunk of this afternoon
21:02 wizzyrea added disk space so that the website would continue working :)
21:02 wizzyrea afk kiddo pickup time
21:05 ashimema_ Aha, I see..
21:05 ashimema_ Did my last build cause full disks.. if it did.. sorry about that.
21:19 caroline_catlady cait still around?
21:19 inlibro joined #koha
21:20 caroline_catlady or I think wizzyrea could answer my question
21:21 caroline_catlady I trying to document what bug 7088 does, and there are a lot of comments and the test plan is a bit confusing...
21:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7088 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, RESOLVED FIXED, Cannot renew items on hold even with override
21:21 caroline_catlady I don't have the checkbox to renew my item, is that normal?
21:22 andreashm joined #koha
21:22 caroline_catlady
21:23 caroline_catlady and before you ask, yes,  AllowRenewalOnHoldOverride is on Allow
21:24 caroline_catlady and I have superibrarian permissions
21:31 lisettelatah caroline_catlady I think you have to click the "Override renewal restrictions:" checkbox below the table.
21:31 cait kind fo around, reading back
21:31 cait lisettelatah: was missing your name on the release team list! ;)
21:32 lisettelatah cait, I forgot to go add it until he'd called for the vote. I was thinking the meeting was next week for some reason and just happened to be in chat when it started.
21:32 caroline_catlady aaahh! Thanks lisettelatah! I hadn't noticed the checkbox
21:32 caroline_catlady thanks so much!
21:32 cait lisettelatah: i think noone would complain if you added it now :)
21:33 lisettelatah cait: if you're sure, I'd be happy to be a bug wrangler again.
21:33 cait rangi: caroline_catlady: are we sure? :)
21:33 caroline_catlady we are sure
21:33 caroline_catlady (that was a royal we btw, I'm not speaking for rangi)
21:34 cait lol
21:34 rangi yep, just add it
21:34 cait for a second I thought this wouldn't work :)
21:34 lisettelatah thanks! I'll do it right now!
21:36 lisettelatah cait: Thanks for reporting that capitalization bug yesterday. It came right when I was looking for a first patch to write.
21:38 cait :)
21:38 cait i was just looking for your tweet
21:38 cait can you give me the number?
21:39 cait bug 24033 might be another not too hard one
21:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24033 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fix column labelling on basket summary page (ecost)
21:40 cait never mind, i found it :)
21:43 lisettelatah thanks for another one, I'm looking at the code for that page now.
21:48 cait lisettelatah: it might take a bit until it can go in - we just got into "String freeze"
21:48 cait but it will go in for sure
21:48 ashimema_ More than happy to have lisettelatah on team..
21:49 cait passing qa on your patch now - so it will be ready to go after release
21:51 lisettelatah cait thanks for letting me know. I knew the string freeze was coming when I wrote it yesterday, I so I knew it wouldn't likely be done before that.
21:51 lisettelatah thanks ashimema_
22:02 bdonnahue1 joined #koha
22:09 bdonnahue2 joined #koha
22:09 ashimema_ Yay, wizzyrea fixed the last step that was failing for us in the manual translations
22:10 ashimema_ wizzyrea++
22:10 caroline_catlady wizzyrea++ ashimema++
22:10 caroline_catlady isn't it late for you ashimema_ ?
22:10 ashimema_ It is.. but I couldn't help myself but look
22:11 ashimema_ So.. see more have both 19.11 and 19.05 building in all languages woop woop. 😀
22:11 wizzyrea wait what
22:11 wizzyrea lol
22:11 wizzyrea what'd I do?
22:11 ashimema_ Your adding disk space
22:11 wizzyrea oh made space.
22:11 wizzyrea :D
22:12 wizzyrea well jeez kids
22:12 wizzyrea you shoulda told me sooner.
22:12 wizzyrea i mean all you gotta do is ask :P
22:12 ashimema_ It meant that when I triggered a rebuild safety that it passed instead of failing..
22:12 ashimema_ Missy have been the rsync that was dieing
22:13 wizzyrea wait wait your builds were failing bc of the server out of space?
22:13 ashimema_ I had no idea that was the issue.. well, I had a hunch this afternoon but you asked if before I managed to ask you .
22:13 ashimema_ 😀
22:13 wizzyrea oh, ha it was just coincidence that I logged in today
22:14 ashimema_ The build had a final step of rsyncing to the server
22:14 wizzyrea lol
22:14 ashimema_ Butmm gitlab runners don't give us the full build log so we could uldnt actually read the relevant error
22:14 ashimema_ Fun
22:15 wizzyrea hm not fun well I am glad to have been helpful :)
22:15 wizzyrea the problem helped me through a rather long and tedious meeting. >.>
22:16 ashimema_ It's made me happy.. but hopefully made lots of other people more happy.. I can't read Spanish anyways myself.. lol
22:16 ashimema_ Hehe,
22:16 ashimema_ Right cloxking off now. Bed time
22:16 ashimema_ See ya
22:19 inlibro joined #koha
22:28 wizzyrea a question you can answer later, is how many more translations we should expect - because the new disk I put in is already 64% full ^.^
22:28 wizzyrea another 10G is $1 more a month.
23:20 inlibro joined #koha
23:30 sophie_m joined #koha
23:30 davidnind joined #koha
23:53 corilynn anyboo around for a process question?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary