IRC log for #koha, 2016-01-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:27 JoshB joined #koha
00:36 bag @later tell magnuse - any comment on this one?[…]_bug.cgi?id=15169
00:36 huginn` bag: The operation succeeded.
00:36 huginn` Bug 15169: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Add for NORMARC transformation to new metadata formats
00:39 xarragon_ joined #koha
01:02 ribasushi joined #koha
01:17 JoshB joined #koha
03:16 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:17 Amit_Gupta hi all
03:24 Francesca joined #koha
03:50 Francesca joined #koha
04:07 Francesca joined #koha
04:21 hanthana joined #koha
04:44 Francesca joined #koha
04:48 Francesca joined #koha
05:14 Francesca joined #koha
06:02 cdickinson_ joined #koha
06:51 laurence joined #koha
07:11 magnuse joined #koha
07:16 mape joined #koha
07:32 drojf joined #koha
07:34 drojf morning #koha
07:52 reiveune joined #koha
07:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:52 reiveune hello
07:52 alex_a bonjour
07:53 mape_ joined #koha
07:54 jajm hello
08:03 wilfrid joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:13 gaetan_B hello
08:13 cait joined #koha
08:14 Francesca joined #koha
08:17 cait morning #koha
08:36 * magnuse waves
08:45 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:47 LibraryClaire morning #koha
08:58 mape joined #koha
09:00 Joubu hi
09:00 wahanui what's up, Joubu
09:10 cait morning Joubu :)
09:10 * LibraryClaire waves
09:11 magnuse @later tell bag thanks, i have added bug 15169 to my todo list
09:11 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
09:14 janeto joined #koha
09:26 mape_ joined #koha
10:08 mape joined #koha
10:18 mape joined #koha
10:22 khall joined #koha
10:26 mape joined #koha
10:44 mape joined #koha
10:57 Joubu There are 2 bugs (1 critical and 1 blocker) waiting for signoff: bug 15358 and bug 6657
10:57 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15358 blocker, P1 - high, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , does not populate values to merge
10:57 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6657 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Making 999 visible in framework duplicates 999 entry and affects index
11:00 mape_ joined #koha
11:04 mape_ joined #koha
11:08 mape joined #koha
11:13 khall left #koha
11:17 khall joined #koha
11:26 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:32 mape joined #koha
11:37 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
11:38 denials joined #koha
12:46 ericar joined #koha
12:47 meliss joined #koha
12:47 oleonard joined #koha
12:48 oleonard Hi #koha
12:49 druthb Hi, oleonard!
12:49 * cait waves
13:05 oleonard @wunder 45701
13:05 huginn` oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is -15.8°C (8:05 AM EST on January 13, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 64%. Dew Point: -21.0°C. Windchill: -16.0°C. Pressure: 30.22 in 1023 hPa (Steady).
13:32 NateC joined #koha
13:34 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:12 cma joined #koha
14:17 geek_cl joined #koha
14:21 mario joined #koha
14:23 amyk joined #koha
14:28 oleonard First IRC meeting since I'm "back" and I'm going to miss it because I'll be in-transit.
14:28 oleonard cait++ # for sending the reminder
14:28 cait i almost forgot :)
14:29 cait oleonard: driving a car?
14:29 oleonard Yes, leaving to pick up the kids from school
14:29 cait hm ok, excused ;)
14:29 wahanui cait: Sticky bits on disk.
14:29 cait excuse?
14:29 wahanui cait: user to computer ratio too high.
14:31 cait excuse?
14:31 wahanui cait: Runt packets
14:36 talljoy joined #koha
14:39 rocio joined #koha
14:44 cma joined #koha
14:55 cait Joubu++ FK patches
15:04 NateC_ joined #koha
15:06 nlegrand joined #koha
15:18 mario joined #koha
15:25 JoshB joined #koha
15:52 TGoat joined #koha
16:00 reiveune bye
16:00 reiveune left #koha
16:12 pianohacker joined #koha
16:23 drojf joined #koha
16:29 cbrannon joined #koha
16:56 cait left #koha
16:56 dbyrum joined #koha
16:56 dbyrum_ joined #koha
16:57 edveal_stanwood joined #koha
16:58 noshie joined #koha
16:59 Sue joined #koha
16:59 ppalmer joined #koha
17:04 Sue left #koha
17:15 ericar_ joined #koha
17:17 ericar__ joined #koha
17:24 mario joined #koha
17:32 JoshB left #koha
17:36 eythian @wunder Amsterdam, nl
17:36 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Aalsmeerderbrug, Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands is 5.0°C (6:30 PM CET on January 13, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Steady).
17:37 circ-user-1YnZJ joined #koha
17:37 circ-user-1YnZJ hello
17:38 circ-user-1YnZJ do you know how can i add phpmyadmin to koha admin page?
17:42 oleonard circ-user-1YnZJ: You could add an HTML link to the  IntranetmainUserblock system preference and it would show up on the Koha staff client home page
17:44 cma joined #koha
17:47 circ-user-1YnZJ i mean how can i add phpmyadmin to koha
17:47 circ-user-1YnZJ ?
17:48 circ-user-1YnZJ i jsut want to make an backup database
17:49 Colinc joined #koha
17:54 oleonard circ-user-1YnZJ: Are you asking how to install phpmyadmin on your koha server?
17:57 circ-user-1YnZJ yes
17:58 circ-user-1YnZJ and link its to koha admin page
17:58 circ-user-1YnZJ some where around about koha, koha administrator
17:58 circ-user-1YnZJ i want to see its as a tap box
17:59 oleonard How to install phpMyAdmin isn't really a question for a Koha support channel. It would be better to consult the phpMyAdmin documentation
18:10 drojf meeting in two hours?
18:30 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:41 talljoy joined #koha
18:42 rocio joined #koha
18:44 cma joined #koha
18:55 ericar_ joined #koha
19:04 ericar_ joined #koha
19:16 andreashm joined #koha
19:22 noshie joined #koha
19:23 geek_cl joined #koha
19:30 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15337: Make itemtypes retrieved with GetItemTypes ordered by descriptions <[…]c29f5736230e9d68f> / Bug 15337: Add tests to ensure that GetItemTypes will return element ordered by desc <[…]27662ddbb03080ae1>
19:36 cait joined #koha
19:40 cma joined #koha
19:45 cait 15 minutes to koha meeting!
19:45 hbraum joined #koha
19:46 bag w00t
19:50 Colinc joined #koha
19:52 andreashm joined #koha
19:53 * andreashm waves
19:54 cait 7 mins!
19:54 tubaclarinet joined #koha
19:55 bag sweet thanks magnuse
19:55 bag bug 15169
19:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15169 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Add for NORMARC transformation to new metadata formats
19:55 oleonard Sorry to miss the meeting. See y'all later.
19:56 cait bye oleonard
19:58 jmsasse joined #koha
19:59 irma_mobile joined #koha
20:00 cait everyone has his  coffee/beer/beverage of choice ready?
20:00 barton_phone joined #koha
20:00 cait #startmeeting Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016
20:00 JesseM :) coffee
20:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jan 13 20:00:50 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
20:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'koha_general_irc_meeting_13_january_2016'
20:00 cait Welcome all!
20:01 blou joined #koha
20:01 cait today's agenda is at[…]g_13_January_2016
20:01 cait #link[…]g_13_January_2016
20:01 cait #topic Introductions
20:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
20:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:01 cait please introduce yourself like wahanui just did, using #info
20:01 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto - ByWater, USA
20:01 blou #blou, a bot not quite so sentient
20:01 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Australia
20:01 andreashm joined #koha
20:02 bag #info Brendan Gallagher - ByWater Solutions
20:02 Colinc #info Colin Campbell, ptfs-europe
20:02 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
20:02 blou #info Philippe Blouin, inLibro
20:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:02 khall #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
20:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, UK
20:02 hbraum #info Heather Braum, NEKLS/NExpress, Lawrence, KS, USA
20:02 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm University Library
20:02 jmsasse #info Joel Sasse Plum Creek, USA
20:02 cait :)
20:02 cait nice!
20:02 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT, NZ
20:03 barton_kohameeting #info Barton Chittenden, BWS, Louisville KY USA
20:03 cait ok, let's move on  to our first topic for tonight :)
20:03 cait #topic Announcements
20:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:04 cait anyony any announcements?
20:04 tubaclarinet #info Christopher Davis, Uintah County Library, Utah, USA
20:04 cait anyone...
20:04 wahanui anyone is free to organize one at any time :-)
20:04 rangi next week is the group work for the academy
20:04 rangi please add the keyword Academy in the keyword field to any bugs that you think might be ok for them to look at
20:05 cait #info next week is group work week for the academy at Catalyst IT - please add the academy keyword to any bugs you think would be ok for them to look at
20:05 cait ok = not too hard to fix?
20:05 rangi yeah, preferably don't touch the db ;)
20:05 cait :)
20:05 cait anything else?
20:05 wahanui anything else is just being crap
20:05 drojf i got feedback for the pre-kohacon meeting in berlin. there is only one short day now (thursday)
20:05 rangi but id rather have more, even if we go, oh thats too hard, than have only a few to pick from
20:06 bag are there currently any that are marked?
20:06 rangi if that makes sense
20:06 rangi yep
20:06 Joubu rangi: to signoff, submit a patch or both?
20:06 rangi if you do a search in bugs for that keyword, you will find them ;)
20:06 rangi Joubu: both please
20:06 wahanui rumour has it both is best :)
20:06 Joubu rangi: ok great :)
20:07 cait #info Pre-KohaCon meeting in Berlin has room secured - only one short day now (Thursday)
20:07 cait moving on?
20:07 drojf there may be a catmandu workshop
20:07 cait :)
20:08 drojf or in greece, depends
20:08 bag :)
20:08 cait moving on!
20:08 cait #topic Update on releases
20:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:08 andreashm oh catmandu
20:08 wahanui it has been said that catmandu is pretty super awesome
20:09 cait jajm, wizzyrea, fredericd? bag?
20:09 bag I have some - should I go first?
20:09 rangi i think wizzyrea is still on the bus
20:09 cait yep please start bag
20:09 bag Jenkins (once tcohen is back in the office I will spend sometime with him so we can get master stable again)
20:10 bag I am really interested in XSS patches from Joubu ( needs QA[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 )
20:10 huginn` Bug 13618: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
20:10 bag qa team that would be awesome if we nudge that along
20:10 cait I am on it, I think it's pretty close now
20:10 khall excellent!
20:10 bag sweet
20:11 irma joined #koha
20:11 bag Change in the wording on the bug (when changing the status to pushed to master).  I want to put (Pushed to Master - Should be in the May 2016 release)  - any objections?
20:11 wahanui bag: that doesn't look right
20:11 wahanui joined #koha
20:11 Joubu bag: it's a very hard one, cait found bugs when I was sure there were not...
20:11 irma #info Irma, CALYX Sydney : sorry I am late
20:11 Joubu bag: we will certainly found some others when pushed
20:12 bag yeah Joubu I think there are going to be some - I will be cautious when pushing - but would like that early early in the release cycle :)
20:12 Joubu but at least if it's pushed not to close to the release, we will have time to get them!
20:12 rangi nope
20:12 Joubu :)
20:12 rangi that was nope to bag, no objections to changing the text
20:12 rangi not nope to that bag ;-)
20:13 Joubu bag: yep good idea
20:13 bag cool it was brought to my attention that it was sort of hard to go back a few years and see a message “that was pushed to master”  but when?  heh
20:13 bag currently my goal is to keep the PQA queue low
20:13 rangi dont forget you have the release notes text area now too
20:13 Joubu when you have it, but you don't know where :)
20:13 bag Patches - it's all fair game now.  Anything that is passed QA is a candidate to be pushed
20:14 bag we also Created Elastic Search branch for easy testing.  ([…]478_elasticsearch )
20:14 bag bug 12478
20:14 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12478 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, robin, NEW , Elasticsearch support for Koha
20:14 Joubu master is quite unstable at the moment, but we have patches in the queue
20:15 Joubu (I don't have the numbers, sorry)
20:15 bag it’s pretty close to master and I will work on trying to make sure that branch is close to current
20:16 bag yes it’s unstable - I want to work on that in the next couple of weeks.  I was waiting for tcohen to come back so I can learn more about Jenkins - then I’m sure we’ll have some spots to attack
20:16 bag would be great to get it stable
20:16 Joubu Why is the branch called new?
20:16 cait1 joined #koha
20:16 cait1 test
20:16 Joubu it is the same as the one on the catalyst repo, right?
20:16 cait1 sorry, i lost connection to IRC
20:16 cait1 reading back now quickly
20:17 Joubu (rebased I meant)
20:17 bag hmmm something to do with how gmcharlt_ set up the permissions
20:17 bag yes it is the same as the catalyst repo currently
20:17 rangi i think you need to get your nick back before you can continue the meeting cait1
20:17 cait1 hm already exists
20:18 cait1 we need to kill the othe rcait
20:18 kathryn joined #koha
20:18 rangi we cant
20:18 cait1 ugh
20:18 rangi it needs to timeout/fall off
20:18 cait was kicked by bag: cait
20:18 davidnind joined #koha
20:18 rangi we can only kick it from the channel
20:18 rangi which doesn't actually help
20:18 bag yeah whoops
20:18 rangi the nick still exists
20:18 rangi :)
20:18 cma_ joined #koha
20:18 drojf you can kill it if you have a password
20:18 cait1 hm let me try to remember
20:19 davidnind joined #koha
20:19 cait1 and +1 for adding the expected version to the RM push notes on bugs
20:19 cait ok back :)
20:19 davidnind joined #koha
20:19 bag ok that’s really it from me.  any questions?
20:19 cait #info XSS patches on bug 13618 should be pushed soon - will have all to look out for bugs
20:19 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13618 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Prevent XSS in the Staff Client and the OPAC
20:20 cait i got 2 things i already told while disconnected (noone saw) :)
20:20 cait sec
20:20 cait bug 15358
20:20 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15358 blocker, P1 - high, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , does not populate values to merge
20:20 bag yes saw that - it’s a blocker
20:20 Joubu that's a bad on
20:20 cait bug 6657
20:20 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6657 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Making 999 visible in framework duplicates 999 entry and affects index
20:20 bag I’ll ask nick to test that
20:21 cait Are in need for good testing and speedy sign-off please
20:21 bag khall: can you ask nick to take a look at that one?
20:21 khall will do!
20:21 cait so we can get that fixed for the next maintenance releases
20:21 bag hmm maybe both of those khall
20:21 cait authority merge and authority add broken
20:21 khall can do
20:22 Joubu There is bug 15568 too
20:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15568 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Circ rules are not displayed anymore
20:22 Joubu (which is not really major)
20:22 khall on the list
20:22 bag cool
20:23 cait #info please help with good testing and speedy sign off for evil bugs: 15358, 6657 (authorities) and 15568 (admin)
20:23 cait anything else?
20:23 wahanui hmmm... anything else is just being crap
20:23 bag also I am completely open to anyone that has ideas on promotion of more sign-offers :)
20:23 bag I am working on getting more bywater peeps to do sign-offs (getting the right tools inplace first)
20:24 cait i think one problem is that we have a lot of hard to test things - architecture and internals
20:24 Joubu bug 15570 affects stable releases
20:24 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15570 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , circ/ is broken
20:24 bag and will be putting an appeal to the librarians that work with bywater
20:25 cait :)
20:26 cait bag: maybe organizing a test day like lyon did could help
20:26 cait helping people to set up sandboxes for bugs they have picked before
20:26 bag cool :) noted
20:27 cait ok, one last thing :)
20:27 andreashm setting up sandboxes sounds like a good wau to make sign-offs easier
20:27 bag once I am not traveling so much - I’ll be trying some virtual “help” too
20:27 tubaclarinet I know there's <[…]9/koha-sandboxes/> but a video of it would be stellar!
20:27 cait hm a tutorial video is a good idea!
20:28 cait #idea create a tutorial video about setting up a sandbox, testing and signing off with it
20:28 barton nengard has been looking at 'guide on the side' for training/documentation purposes, but I think that we could use it for testing as well
20:28 bag cool I’ll ask nicole to create a video
20:28 cait #idea organize a test day where libraries can pick bugs to test before and help them testing them (setting up sandboxes, fixing conflicts)
20:28 barton +1 for video
20:28 cait a webinar might work too
20:29 tubaclarinet Please include in the video troubleshooting like symptoms of the wrong database, etc.
20:29 tubaclarinet FWIW
20:29 cait maybe we could add an faq section to the wiki page
20:29 barton good idea tubaclarinet.
20:29 cait about problems
20:29 cait if you see... ... that did not work, because...
20:29 tubaclarinet faq section = :-)
20:30 cait some other thing I'd like to get done - ashimema has volunteered to join the QA team again (yay!) - so i'd like to do a quick vote to see if we can make this happen :)
20:30 bag +1
20:30 cait #startvote Are you ok with ashimema joining the QA team for 3.24? (yes,no)
20:30 huginn` Begin voting on: Are you ok with ashimema joining the QA team for 3.24? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
20:30 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:30 cait #vote yes
20:30 Joubu #vote yes
20:31 davidnind #vote yes
20:31 khall #vote yes
20:31 barton #vote yes
20:31 drojf #vote yes
20:31 jmsasse #vote yes
20:31 bag #vote yes
20:31 hbraum #vote yes
20:31 BobB #vote Yes
20:31 cait ending vote...
20:32 cait #endvote
20:32 huginn` Voted on "Are you ok with ashimema joining the QA team for 3.24?" Results are
20:32 huginn` yes (10): Joubu, davidnind, cait, jmsasse, barton, BobB, khall, bag, hbraum, drojf
20:32 Colinc #vote yes
20:32 andreashm #vore yes
20:32 andreashm ah, damn, to late
20:32 andreashm and misspelled. =)
20:32 cait #agreed Martin Renvoize joins the QA team for 3.24 - 12 yes votes
20:33 cait moving on to the next?
20:33 bag nice
20:33 cait #topic Comments on Circ Rules Revamp
20:33 Topic for #koha is now Comments on Circ Rules Revamp (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:33 ikourmou joined #koha
20:33 bag khall ^^^
20:33 cait #link[…]ackend_Revamp_RFC
20:33 indradg joined #koha
20:34 khall We'd really like to nail down any issues with the circ rules revamp if there are any
20:34 khall anyone who is interested please read the rfc
20:34 khall if you've already read it and have any questions now, I'm here to field them
20:34 tubaclarinet rfc = request for comment?
20:34 bag yes
20:35 khall I think this is very important in the long term as our movement to increasing amounts of circ rules has maid the current interface untenable
20:35 cait I think i am slightly in favour of a more table like thing ot be honest
20:35 cait but that's me
20:35 indradg #info Indranil Das Gupta, India.
20:35 khall cait: we already have a table like thing ; ) The primary goal is to move to a more flexible approach that allows for simpler rule sets
20:35 cait I'd like something where I can easily compare rules for different itemtypes or different categories
20:35 khall this approach doesn't jive all that well with a table based approach
20:36 Joubu I think we need oleonard :)
20:36 khall cait: that's already on my list!
20:36 cait i am not sure how that would work with the mock up
20:36 ikourmou #info Giannis Kourmoulis, Thessaloniki Greece
20:36 khall I think a second screen that gives a matrix of types categories and libraries with what the rule will be ( and where that rule is coming from ) would be a good companion
20:36 andreashm I have read the RFC... I'm a bit concerned that having a lot of issuing rules will make this new appoach hard to overview
20:37 BobB indradg it must be early for you!
20:37 BobB like middle of the night?
20:37 andreashm khall: that seems like a good approach
20:37 khall andreashm: that is what the second screen I propose will take care of
20:37 khall thanks!
20:37 indradg BobB: 2:10 am
20:37 BobB :)  well done!
20:38 barton cait -- how would you feel about some sort of explicit 'compare circ rules' functionality?
20:38 cait khall: could youmaybe mock up the second screen too?
20:38 cait to get a better idea?
20:38 hbraum my consortia is sponsoring this development, although i’m very much letting pianohacker and khall take the reins on this. we’ve currently got 1200 issuingrule lines, so they have a good test case for lots of rules already.
20:38 * andreashm would like that too
20:38 khall cait: yes, I can do that
20:38 andreashm hbraum: ouch
20:38 hbraum and looking at the current mockup, a second screen overview would be helpful, I agree.
20:38 cait #action khall asked nicely to add another mock-up for an overview kind of page
20:38 bag yeah 1200 lines is crazy
20:39 khall The first step is to change the internals without changing the externals. If anyone has an issue with the proposed schema please let us know asap
20:39 cait it will be a bit harder to get a nice excel sheet out :)
20:40 cait that's what we do now - because you can make it sortable
20:40 cait if there is no longer a need for it... that might be not too bad
20:40 khall this would be a table too, so very sortable
20:40 rangi first thing id do is create a script where you can pass a itemtype, categorycode and branch, and get back what the rule applied would be
20:40 rangi then you can change the internals
20:40 rangi run that again
20:40 rangi and prove it hasn't suddenly changed
20:40 khall rangi: agreed, unit tests ++
20:41 barton khall: I've got most of that written.
20:41 rangi that script could then have a web frontend put on it later, so librarians could choose from a drop down, and see what rule would be applied .. rather than having to read everything
20:41 rangi why was this book issued for 4 weeks .. oh it used this rule
20:41 khall rangi: you're reading my mind ; ) We've discussed that idea
20:41 cait #idea have a script that gives you the circ conditions for branch, itemtype and patron category entered
20:41 rangi 70% of support queuries gone :)
20:42 khall I think that should definitely be built in
20:42 bag more time to signoff!!!
20:42 Joubu bag: heh, we have found what you wanted
20:42 hbraum rangi ha! no kidding.
20:43 barton In design discussions, we talked about making the lookup available on the circ page too, just for reference.
20:43 cait hbraum: nekls++ btw for sponsoring - much needed
20:43 cait for libraries with only 150 and less rules too :)
20:43 cait ok, any more ideas or can we move on?
20:44 cait full agenda tonight, but i don't want to rush youtoo much :)
20:44 khall going once
20:44 hbraum yw! the overall development scope of the project will also help branch specific circ-related rules get applied through this, right khall?
20:44 khall hbraum: yes!
20:44 cait i'd lke to move up a topic - Kohacon16
20:44 khall it will hopefully be a grand unification theory for Koha circ rules
20:45 khall agreed, let's move on
20:45 bag thanks khall
20:45 cait #topic KohaCon16 - Greece
20:45 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon16 - Greece (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
20:45 cait ikourmou?
20:45 ikourmou i'm here!
20:45 cait I think we are all curious for an update :)
20:46 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, Catalyst
20:46 ikourmou we are working on the ocnference, we started with forming a committee
20:46 ikourmou the dates are set
20:46 ericar_ joined #koha
20:46 ikourmou from 30th of may
20:46 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, NZ
20:46 ikourmou to 4th of june
20:46 cait #info dates are set - may 30 - june 4
20:47 ikourmou 3 first days of presentations, then a day off for a roadtrip for sightseeing
20:47 ikourmou and then teo days for the hackfest
20:47 ikourmou the venue is already booked
20:47 laurence left #koha
20:47 ikourmou and the webpage for the Kohacon16 will be live next week
20:48 ikourmou I would like to ask you people for a couple of things...
20:48 JesseM ikourmou++
20:48 ikourmou there will be a call for presentations i suppose
20:49 ikourmou what is the best way to deal with it?
20:49 cait hm you could look at how it was done the last years maybe
20:49 cait i think probably put it on the website, but alos send to the mailing lists
20:49 ikourmou do we have to specify subjects in advance?
20:49 rangi nope
20:50 rangi apart from, should be Koha related :)
20:50 drojf1 joined #koha
20:50 cait i think you can probably keep it simple :)
20:50 rangi it's nice to get as many local presentations as you can too
20:50 ikourmou ok, there are some thoughts on presentation subjects from the organising team here
20:51 ikourmou aso, when would we start accepting registrations?
20:51 cait I think getting out the cfp would be highest prio now
20:52 cait some people onl yget funding for travel if they get to speak
20:52 cait or it's easier for them
20:52 cait and also with an idea about the program, more people might register - not sure
20:52 ikourmou ok, it could be done by next week
20:53 rangi often it makes it easier for people to get funding
20:53 ikourmou you mean a more specific program than i mentioned above, i suppose
20:53 rangi to attend
20:53 rangi if they can say "theres a presentation about linked data and Koha .. we want to do that" to their boss ;)
20:53 rangi if that makes sense
20:54 ikourmou ok, i understand
20:54 cait ikourmou: i think if you have some specific topics oyu'd like to get presntations about you could put that in the cfp, but laeave it open for other ideas as well?
20:54 ikourmou yes, that's what we were thinking
20:55 rangi cool
20:55 cait cool :)
20:55 BobB re the conference dates, an early announcement to the mailing list is always good - announce early and announce often
20:55 drojf1 ikourmou: i think it is not uncommon to get a few people from the community to help decide on the presentations once the call for papers is over. if you need help with that feel free to ask
20:56 ikourmou BobB: already sent to koha mailing list and to koha news
20:56 BobB keep doing it, just sayin'
20:56 ikourmou BobB: will do again with the webpage address, thx
20:57 BobB yes, very good
20:57 wizzyrea ikourmou: please let me know when  you have stuff for the community kohacon16 page
20:57 ikourmou thanks, drojf1, that was my next question
20:57 wizzyrea stuff = a url, specific copy you'd like there
20:57 wizzyrea otherwise you're leaving it up to me :)
20:57 ablj joined #koha
20:58 ikourmou and another question:
20:59 ikourmou if we get to many proposals for presentations, what is the best way to choose?
20:59 ikourmou or should we try to fit them all to the schedule?
20:59 rangi that's up to you
20:59 rangi but one question to ask is, are you definitely coming
21:00 rangi when i ran kohacon10
21:00 rangi we got a lot of proposals, then a lot couldn't come
21:00 rangi so it's easy to drop those ones out
21:00 magnuse joined #koha
21:00 ikourmou ok, i will note this - hadn't thought of it :-)
21:00 drojf1 you may get a lot of papers from a single institution, who you could ask to share slots. if you got the same topic covered by a library and a support provider, choose the library
21:00 bag magnuse: knuckles
21:00 rangi after that, we had enough :)
21:01 drojf1 or make them collaborate ;)
21:01 BobB if you have the capacity, you can run parallel sessions too
21:02 rangi which is kinda horrible imho
21:02 rangi :)
21:02 rangi i think single track conferences are so so so much better than multi track
21:02 irma that would not be my choice ... parallel sessions
21:02 cait yeah... having to pick... aah
21:02 fredericd #info Frédéric Demians, Tamil
21:02 cait :)
21:02 magnuse bag: HI
21:02 wahanui que tal, magnuse
21:03 rangi however, sometimes you can ask if someone would rather present as part of the hackfest
21:03 cait having some kind of discussion/roundtable thing or question and answers is also good to fill slots
21:03 rangi having said all this .. it's never been a problem in the past
21:03 irma single track conferences ++
21:03 cait maybe worry, once the papers come in :)
21:03 rangi and having too many presentations will be a new and exciting problem to solve :)
21:03 cait oh, and set a deadline - i think i tmakes people actually write abstracts
21:03 cait can still extend if necessary
21:04 ikourmou we were thinking of placing "introductory" presentations in the morning sessions, leaving the more specialised ones for the afternoon
21:04 rangi that makes sense to me
21:04 ikourmou another question:
21:04 drojf1 sleeping in ++
21:04 ikourmou Is there something we should take care of, regarding travel arrangements?
21:05 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
21:05 ikourmou especially for people oustide the EU?
21:05 rangi I have always found a page, that lists airports close
21:05 BobB the conference should be accessible for librarians and newbies; very technical presentations can be left to the hackfest
21:05 rangi really helpful
21:05 rangi and maybe a link to VISA requirements etc
21:05 rangi also, for some people they make ask you for an invitation letter
21:05 wizzyrea does greece ... yeah that
21:06 BobB ikourmou I would like a scholarship to attend the conference please, $5k should do it :)
21:06 rangi so having a letter you can sign and scan is handy too
21:06 rangi (it helps with some people getting a VISA)
21:06 ikourmou BobB: I 'll see what we can do :)
21:07 BobB thanks ikourmou, I will wait patiently
21:07 ikourmou ok, noted (VISA info and invitation letter). thanks
21:08 cait i forgot to add #info... but curious people wil read full minutes i hope
21:08 cait #info forgot to add more infos... lots of KohaCon infos in full meeting logs
21:08 BobB cait +1
21:08 cait ikourmou: any more questions? or questions for ikourmou?
21:09 rangi http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]etting-to-ibadan/  <-- a page like that is handy
21:09 ikourmou rangi: yes, i've seen that
21:09 Joubu Are there good beers in Greece?
21:10 rangi heh
21:10 rangi[…]/Kohacon13/Social  <--- i brought my own
21:10 wizzyrea that's probably the most important question
21:10 ikourmou is there anything that you would like sto stress out in general? especially you people that already organised a conference before...
21:10 rangi but pages like that on the wiki are good to create too, also
21:10 rangi[…]ohacon13/Arrivals
21:11 ikourmou Jobu: a lot of microbreweries, i hope you will find interesting
21:11 Joubu rangi: I will try to bring them!
21:11 Joubu ikourmou: great :)
21:12 cait #info there are lots of microbreweries in Greece
21:12 bag I’m sold can we have kohacon next week?
21:12 cait best advertising for kohacon...
21:12 cait heh
21:12 cait i am all fo rit
21:12 cait but i think we need to move on
21:12 ikourmou ok, thank you people for the advice :)
21:13 cait #topic Update from the International Fund Committee
21:13 Topic for #koha is now Update from the International Fund Committee (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
21:13 bag not much besides - we tried to put together a meeting - but with holidays we weren’t able to find one
21:13 bag still working on the next meeting
21:13 ikourmou hope to see you in Greece!
21:13 cait ikourmou: please get in contact if we can help in any wa
21:13 cait y
21:13 bag thanks ikourmou
21:13 cait #info looking for dates for the next meeting
21:13 BobB there are two things to do re fundraising
21:14 BobB organise a meeting
21:14 BobB and write rules for the HLT Grants committee - Galen and I are to do that
21:15 BobB bag do you have any info on how much has been raised at HLT?  I suspect not a lot yet?
21:15 cait #info Galen and BobBto write rules for the HLT Grants committee
21:15 bag I don’t have that - but I can ask Jo and will report for the next meeting
21:15 cait #action bag to ask how much has been raised so far
21:15 cait and report...
21:15 wahanui i guess report is for Overdues that we want to mail out from the library, not use peoples' emails. It needs to show the patrons' information and just the items that are overdue all on a single page. Each page needs to have one patron only. Can anyone help me with this?
21:15 BobB cool, I'll have another go at scheduling a meeting
21:16 BobB wahanui, read the manual
21:16 wahanui BobB: i'm not following you...
21:16 pianohacker wahanui: forget report
21:16 wahanui pianohacker: I forgot report
21:16 cait #action BobB to schedule the meeting
21:16 cait any questions?
21:16 pianohacker also hi y'all
21:17 cait moving on :)
21:17 cait #topic Let's Encrypt
21:17 Topic for #koha is now Let's Encrypt (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
21:17 drojf1 we are running a little late already, i'm trying to make this short. i think it would be good to support letsencrypt as soon as possible
21:18 drojf1 gmcharlt introduced me to eric hellman who is going to look into letsencrypt adoption by library projects for the library freedom project, they are pretty interested in this too
21:18 cait just a warning - if no protests i'd like to move the kohacon voting discussion nd the INSTALL.debian topics to the next meeting
21:18 drojf1 i basically have two questions: 1) it's only debian script changes, can we have it in stable before 3.24 (when it's tested ok)? 2) should it become default eventually, or would that be considered antifeatureish?
21:18 cait drojf1: does it have any new dependencies?
21:19 cait i think that hs been the major blocker for backporting - or one of them currently
21:19 drojf1 not in debian yet, beuase there is no package
21:19 * magnuse would vote for getting it into 3.22.x
21:19 drojf1 atm you need to checkout from git. i dont know how long this will take until its in the repo
21:20 drojf1 the bug is 15303, i added a new patch today and it can be tested (please)
21:20 wizzyrea +1 to make it very easy to SSL
21:20 drojf1 i will open another for koha-letsencrypt to do it with existing installations
21:20 drojf1 but in the long run i think it would be good to have this as a default (which can be overidden of course)
21:21 magnuse +1 to make it default
21:21 cait maybe: backport but make it optional
21:21 ikourmou left #koha
21:21 cait and think about default for next release?
21:22 davidnind I think it needs to be optional, for those behind firewalls
21:22 drojf1 i would propose: backport, as optional. and label it experimental maybe, because you need to checkot the client yourself and stuff
21:22 rangi yeah
21:22 cait davidnind: i think it would always be - just thinking about the default setting
21:22 magnuse make it easy to enable for existing sites and default for new sites
21:22 cait i think i didn't phrase it right
21:22 drojf1 oh. it should always be optional!
21:22 drojf1 a default an be overridden of course
21:22 cait i meant non-default - not optional :)
21:23 drojf1 it wont work for everyone, that is for sure
21:23 drojf1 and some people will use their own certs, etc
21:23 alex_ joined #koha
21:24 drojf1 but if we backport it now we also have more testers and can fix stuff before it may be a default
21:24 drojf1 it's not interfering with koha codebase apart from the debian scripts
21:24 cait jajm is not here tonight, so we can't reall ymake a decision i think
21:24 drojf1 true
21:25 cait but we can get an idea about what poeple tend to maybe
21:25 cait is someone against backporting?
21:25 cait or has questions? doubts?
21:25 rangi id wait until its packaged, it's kinda moot at this point ;)
21:26 rangi (ie making a dependency, it needs to be debian packaged before we could that anyway)
21:26 Joubu I'll read the patch first :)
21:26 rangi but certainly showing how to install it with Koha, is a great idea
21:26 wizzyrea ^
21:26 cait #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303
21:27 huginn` Bug 15303: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
21:27 drojf1 i'll try to find out about the package situation
21:28 rangi  <-- uses letsencrypt fwiw
21:28 cait btw drojf++
21:28 rangi thats my kids school
21:28 rangi yep
21:28 magnuse yeah drojf++
21:28 rangi drojf++
21:28 indradg +1 for backporting
21:29 cait #info please help testing the patches for Letsencrypt on bug 15303
21:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
21:29 cait any more questions?
21:29 drojf1 ok that sabout it for now
21:29 drojf1 that's about
21:30 cait are people ok with wrapping it up for today?
21:30 rangi yep
21:30 davidnind yep
21:30 drojf1 +1
21:30 BobB yes
21:30 Colinc yep
21:30 cait we didn't cover INSTALL.debian and KohaCon17, KohaCon voting - so pushing those to next time
21:30 cait #topic Next meeting
21:30 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: Koha General IRC Meeting 13 January 2016)
21:31 drojf1 we will push the voring stuff until the next vote :P
21:31 drojf1 *voting
21:31 cait #info INSTALL.debian, KohaCon17, and KohaCon voting mechanism are postponed to the next meeting
21:31 cait drojf1: or first on agenda next time :)
21:31 cait what about february 3rd?
21:32 drojf1 sounds good to me (3rd)
21:32 davidnind +1
21:32 magnuse +1
21:32 cait what time?
21:32 wahanui i think time is like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff. or generously donated to giving support in #koha but if you need more help faster than we can give it try
21:32 Colinc +1
21:32 rangi +1
21:32 cait 10 UTC?
21:32 wahanui rumour has it 10 UTC is a good time, but is very early on east coast USA
21:33 magnuse +1
21:33 drojf1 +1
21:33 cait #agreed Next IRC meeting will be on February 3, 10 UTC
21:33 cait #endmeeting
21:33 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:33 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jan 13 21:33:49 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:33 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-13-20.00.html
21:33 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-01-13-20.00.txt
21:33 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]13-20.00.log.html
21:33 cait thx all for attending
21:33 davidnind cait++
21:33 Joubu thanks cait
21:33 drojf1 cait++
21:34 hbraum thx cait
21:34 jmsasse cait++
21:34 eythian[…]am-cheese-museum/ <-- cait
21:34 blou joined #koha
21:34 talljoy joined #koha
21:34 dbyrum joined #koha
21:34 amyk joined #koha
21:34 denials joined #koha
21:34 khall_away joined #koha
21:34 xarragon_ joined #koha
21:34 ibeardslee joined #koha
21:34 StomproJ joined #koha
21:34 kmlussier joined #koha
21:34 dpk joined #koha
21:35 cait heh, waiting until the meeting ended, eythian?
21:35 wizzyrea hehe
21:35 eythian yep
21:35 rangi he was too busy eating cheese
21:35 wizzyrea ^.^
21:36 barton good meeting, cait.
21:36 wizzyrea now I want cheese.
21:36 cait pleas tell me you dressed up and got a photo?
21:36 eythian I know where you can get some
21:36 eythian cait: i didn't, sorry
21:36 wizzyrea I mean that's a perennial thing
21:37 cait you can go back
21:37 cait !
21:37 wizzyrea you should because I think we all need to see you in a dutch cheesemonger outfit.
21:37 * barton goes in search of cheesy commestibles.
21:37 drojf1 eythian: you are still the default contact for debian scripts in BZ. i hope you enjoy my emails (and maybe that should be changed?)
21:37 rangi hmm i think they probably are bouncing too
21:38 eythian drojf1: no biggie, they go to catalyst so I can't see them
21:38 rangi we should change that
21:38 drojf1 ah
21:38 drojf1 great :D
21:38 wizzyrea probably gmcharlt would be a better endpoint?
21:38 rangi *nod*
21:38 rangi gmcharlt_: no objections to that?
21:38 wizzyrea I know he really wants more email :P
21:38 cait it's probably time again to revisit some of the defaults
21:40 Michael__ joined #koha
21:41 Michael__ left #koha
21:41 drojf1 i have a patch to automatically set up a .onion domain (tor network) for the opac too
21:41 * drojf1 goes all crypto on koha
21:42 rangi :)
21:42 * eythian &
21:43 drojf1 can we have .onion as a default? ;)
21:56 magnuse joined #koha
22:17 mario joined #koha
22:24 drojf1 good night #koha
22:32 cait looking for comments on bug 13542 .. :)
22:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13542 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Subscripton is only table to store userid instead of borrowernumber
22:37 dbyrum_ left #koha
22:37 dbyrum left #koha
23:31 rocio left #koha
23:33 irma joined #koha
23:59 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary