IRC log for #koha, 2016-01-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:34 davidnind joined #koha
01:32 davidnind joined #koha
02:07 kathryn joined #koha
02:12 alex_ joined #koha
02:25 kathryn joined #koha
02:26 kathryn_ joined #koha
02:59 alex_ Hi all. I have followed the “Starting at Catalyst Koha Team” guide ([…]talyst_Koha_team) for instaling Koha on Ubuntu, several times unsuccesfully. After I clone and set up my KohaDevBox I have the problem of not being able to find the koha-conf.xml file either at this path (/etc/koha/sites/kohaclone/koha-conf.xml) or anywhere else on my computer for that matter. And so I cannot log into th
02:59 alex_ e staff interface of Koha because I do not have a username and password which are held in this file. Does anyone have any suggestions?
03:03 wizzyrea are you in the vagrant box?
03:03 wizzyrea i.e. did you vagrant ssh
03:04 wizzyrea because the config file you need is inside your virtual machine
03:05 wizzyrea aside, vagrant up really ought to report that user/pass at the end of it's run
03:14 wizzyrea alex_ ^
03:16 jcamins wizzyrea: is there anything I can substitute for the corn starch in hot chocolate?
03:16 wizzyrea err
03:16 wizzyrea you mean hot chocolate mix?
03:16 jcamins No.
03:16 jcamins I want to make hot chocolate but I don't have cornstarch.
03:16 jcamins One word? Two words?
03:16 jcamins One.
03:16 wizzyrea I have never ever used cornstarch
03:17 jcamins Then you have not lived!
03:17 wizzyrea or corn starch.
03:17 wizzyrea I have heard of people who use something like masa
03:17 jcamins Tapioca.
03:17 wizzyrea if you have that?
03:17 wizzyrea it might work
03:17 jcamins Arrowroot powder would be better, but I don't have any.
03:17 jcamins I also have potato starch, I guess.
03:18 wizzyrea ew that would taste earthy I reckon
03:18 jcamins Whoah! Recipe that _calls for_ potato starch.
03:18 jcamins :D
03:18 wizzyrea is this like italian style hot chocolate or something?
03:19 wizzyrea[…]le-Hot-Chocolate/
03:19 wizzyrea because that calls for potato starch :
03:19 wizzyrea :P
03:19 wizzyrea and looks basically like pudding?
03:19 wizzyrea (american pudding, not nz pudding [which is generic for 'dessert'])
03:19 wizzyrea afaict.
03:20 wizzyrea hrmph. leave me hangin.
03:20 jcamins Yeah, that's the recipe I was looking at.
03:20 jcamins I have sweet potato starch, not regular potato starch.
03:21 jcamins Meh. Close enough.
03:21 wizzyrea hehe
03:21 jcamins If I'm making things up, might as well go all the way.
03:22 wizzyrea lol.
03:22 wizzyrea I would totally call the consistency of that "pudding"
03:24 jcamins It's very similar to pudding.
03:24 jcamins The only difference is that I drink it out of a cup. :)
03:25 wizzyrea sep-tu-a-centennial pudding in a cup!
03:28 wizzyrea[…]80da-991a968307ae a la
03:29 alex_ wizzyrea when I "vagrant ssh" and "ls" to look inside the virtual machine all that is shown is logs directory.
03:29 wizzyrea Ah, I have seen this
03:29 wizzyrea you have not set up your config files
03:29 wizzyrea so vagrant destroy that one
03:30 wizzyrea[…]80da-991a968307ae
03:30 wizzyrea er no
03:30 wizzyrea
03:30 jcamins Sweet potato starch foams a lot. FYI
03:30 wizzyrea and make sure you've done this
03:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:30 wizzyrea jcamins: duly noted :D
03:31 alex_ Have "vagrant destoy" ed
03:31 wizzyrea so do those things to the config files
03:32 wizzyrea and then vagrant up
03:32 wizzyrea and vagrant ssh
03:32 wizzyrea you can also do a koha-pass within the devbox to get the password
04:33 alex_ Thanks wizzyrea. I have done vagrant up and vagrant ssh, and have found the password with koha-pass. But where how can you find the koha login username?
04:48 davidnind try koha-user within the devbox to get the user id
05:19 mario joined #koha
05:20 irma joined #koha
05:23 mario joined #koha
05:50 alex_ Thanks davidnind. After entering the username and password into Koha I got the following error message "Software error:
05:50 alex_ Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/ line 2054.
05:50 alex_ For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error. "
05:53 davidnind Hi alex_ I haven't used the KohaDevBox yet - was just going from the instructions at
05:55 davidnind You may wish to see if there are any issues on the github site that cover the message you are getting, otherwise someone more experienced than will have to help :)
06:10 davidnind left #koha
07:13 davidnind joined #koha
07:14 cait joined #koha
07:42 wilfrid joined #koha
07:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:52 alex_a bonjour
07:54 jajm hello
08:01 reiveune joined #koha
08:02 reiveune hello
08:02 wahanui bidet, reiveune
08:03 drojf joined #koha
08:03 drojf morning #koha
08:03 marcelr joined #koha
08:03 marcelr hi #koha
08:04 drojf hi marcelr
08:05 marcelr drojf: i saw your comment about the backup and uploads
08:05 marcelr why not open a new report for that?
08:07 drojf marcelr: will do
08:28 Joubu hi
08:29 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:29 gaetan_B hello
08:29 wahanui salut, gaetan_B
08:34 marcelr hi Joubu and gaetan_B
08:50 cait joined #koha
08:58 cdickinson_ joined #koha
09:02 * magnuse waves
09:02 drojf hi magnuse, Joubu and gaetan_B
09:04 drojf bug 15303
09:04 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15303 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Letsencrypt option for Debian package installations
09:04 drojf bug 15540
09:04 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15540 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, Needs Signoff , Debian package option to set up an .onion address (Tor hidden service) for the OPAC
09:04 drojf bug 8897
09:04 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8897 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mirko, In Discussion , Optional GnuPG encryption of outgoing emails
09:04 drojf three crypto bugs :D
09:09 ashimema morning #koha
09:09 drojf hi ashimema
09:09 ashimema wow.. are people really wanting overdue mails to be encrypted these days..
09:10 drojf i do
09:10 ashimema and really wanting their OPAC to be on tor.
09:10 drojf i do
09:10 drojf facebook is on tor
09:10 ashimema lol.. your German right ;)
09:10 ashimema that wasn't meant in a bad way btw..
09:10 LibraryClaire joined #koha
09:10 ashimema you guys have way better privacy laws than us ;)
09:10 ashimema I can understand facebook..
09:10 LibraryClaire morning #koha
09:10 ashimema I suppose it's the whole general 'no track' debate
09:11 ashimema I can't say I care if the govournment knows I'm borrowing 'A breif history of time by stephen hawking' or not ;)
09:11 ashimema or that I'm a bad person and it's a day overdue for example ;)
09:12 ashimema however.. Facebook.. I'd prefer the world didn't know everything I was upto (but then.. that's why I don't post my entire life on facebook ;) )
09:12 ashimema morning LibraryClaire
09:12 ashimema hugs drojf
09:12 drojf for facebook i think it's mainly access for people in regions where facebook is blocked. if you offer a .onion domain, you can have different spam settings there too. a lot of tor traffic collides with the regular settiungs
09:13 drojf you can easily be considered terrorist by reading chemistry books these days *sigh*
09:13 drojf at least if you have a non-"german"-sounding name
09:14 LibraryClaire hey ashimema
09:14 wahanui ashimema is on qa now .)
09:17 ashimema I am?
09:17 drojf oh yes, you are
09:17 ashimema did I miss another meeting?
09:17 drojf oh
09:17 drojf lol
09:17 drojf yes
09:17 drojf we voted that last night
09:17 ashimema I forgot to reapply this cycle and bag promised to raise it at the next meeting to add me back ;)
09:17 ashimema oh.. cool.
09:17 dac joined #koha
09:17 ashimema oops.. bloomin kids.. I totally missed that one.. again!
09:17 drojf congratulations. or thank you for doing qa. ;)
09:17 ashimema hehe
09:17 JesseM_a_ joined #koha
09:18 * ashimema goes to read the minutes
09:18 ashimema hmm
09:18 ashimema is 2016 not there yet: ?
09:19 drojf oh
09:19 drojf
09:19 drojf that works anyway
09:19 ashimema :)
09:20 janeto joined #koha
09:21 * ashimema wonders if he sohuld investigate TOR again some time
09:22 drojf ashimema:[…]tate_of_the_onion library freedom project starts around 45:00
09:24 ashimema loving the intro's
09:24 ashimema lol.. 'radical militant librarian'.. what an awesome title
09:24 LibraryClaire I was thinking that haha
09:25 irma joined #koha
09:25 ashimema LibraryClaire.. you should adopt it ;)
09:25 LibraryClaire we have the radical librarians collective here
09:25 ashimema hehe
09:25 ashimema so long as your not being radically militant toward me ;)
09:25 LibraryClaire haha
09:26 ashimema s/your/you're/
09:26 drojf lol
09:27 LibraryClaire hah
09:27 LibraryClaire *twitch*
09:27 * ashimema should wathc his typos more in a librarian heavy space.. they tend to spot errors more than other communities ;)
09:27 ashimema ack
09:27 LibraryClaire I'm terrible
09:29 LibraryClaire So, if I wanted to do some bug testing from a librarian angle, is there an easy way to spot suitable bugs? Or just trawl through and find one?
09:29 ashimema yikes.. that's a hard question
09:30 ashimema we tend to have a bit of a labelling fest around the catalyst academy time of year to help with that..
09:30 ashimema but those are most likely nearly all done now.
09:30 drojf which is now
09:30 drojf or, soon
09:30 ashimema or rather.. about to be done by them ;)
09:31 drojf but we could really need improvement in that area
09:31 ashimema cait might have some good bugzilla search hints..
09:31 ashimema we definitely do
09:34 LibraryClaire ok, no worries, I've been meaning to have a proper look since the training in Dec
09:34 LibraryClaire only just catching up with myself now
09:35 LibraryClaire I don't want to dive into something that's beyond my abilities to judge
09:36 ashimema in fact.. that came up in last nights meeting by the looks: http://meetings.koha-community[…]-01-13-20.00.html
09:36 ashimema 4d LibraryClaire :)
09:36 LibraryClaire aah
09:36 LibraryClaire ooh, yes
09:37 LibraryClaire I was reading through the wiki instructions yesterday, haven't tried setting up the sandbox yet as I started browsing bugs and never re-emerged ;)
09:38 ashimema string bugs are usually good places to start.
09:38 ashimema bug 15573
09:38 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15573 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Signed Off , String and translatability fix to Patron Card Creator
09:38 ashimema except it's already signed off :(
09:38 LibraryClaire hehe
09:39 ashimema second sign off's never hurt though ;)
09:40 LibraryClaire don't they need two?
09:40 ashimema they need one signoff and one qa
09:40 LibraryClaire ah, gotcha
09:40 ashimema but with two, it tends to make qa people more happy :)
09:41 ashimema it's alway good to konw more eyes have been on the ball
09:42 LibraryClaire ok, I'll have another dig around at some point
09:43 ashimema bug 15577 and bug 15576 might be good ones
09:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15577 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Link in OPAC doesn't redirect anywhere
09:43 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15576 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Link in OPAC redirects to the wrong page
09:43 ashimema[…]y_format=advanced
09:43 ashimema that'll limit to 'needs signoff' status at the very least.. but I bet cait has lots of tips of narrowing that down a bit
09:44 ashimema bug 15574 too
09:44 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15574 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Better wording for error message when adding tags
09:44 ashimema those all look reasonably trivial to work on :)
09:44 LibraryClaire cool, thanks :) I just didn't want to go jumping in on something that needed higher expertise
09:44 ashimema and all look pretty up to date
09:44 ashimema I 'think' aleisha is a catalyst academy person too.. :)
09:45 LibraryClaire ah, cool cool :)
09:46 * LibraryClaire needs more tea
09:46 * ashimema always needs more tea
09:47 LibraryClaire :)
09:51 LibraryClaire not sure 2 teas within 30 mins of each other will end so well though o.O
10:04 davidnind left #koha
10:19 drojf what is the irc bouncer thingy people in here use? i had one at some point, but then stopped using it
10:21 wilfrid joined #koha
10:21 Joubu drojf: znc
10:23 andreashm joined #koha
10:23 * andreashm waves
10:23 * LibraryClaire waves back
10:25 drojf Joubu: thanks. i wonder if i used that, and on what server that was. lol. because it probably still is somehwere and i could use it now
10:25 drojf someone should draw a map of my servers
10:45 drojf oh, it may have been on a raspi
10:52 * andreashm is thinking about the possibility of recall in Koha.
10:52 andreashm Not a full recall but the "friendly reminder" proposed by bug drojf 13846
10:53 andreashm ouch, where did drojf come from? damn keyboard
10:53 andreashm bug 13846
10:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13846 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Email patron asking to return an item that has been placed on hold
10:55 drojf hm?
10:55 drojf ah
10:55 drojf :)
10:55 andreashm which seems easy enough.
10:56 drojf go andreashm!
10:56 andreashm but the problem is when there are multiple copies of a book loaned out. who will Koha send the e-mail too?
10:56 andreashm I guess some sort of recall logic would have to be developed?
10:57 andreashm Or is there something existing in the hold logic that could be used?
10:57 andreashm khall?
10:57 wahanui rumour has it khall is volunteering to come over and fix it for you, it seems. ;)
10:57 khall ; )
10:58 andreashm btw, khall has made some development regardings holds for us, to improve the functionality. if anyone is interested check out bug 15532, bug 15533 and 15534
10:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add ability to allow only items whose home/holding branch matches the hold's pickup branch to fill a given hold
10:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15533 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Allow patrons and librarians to select itemtype when placing hold
10:58 andreashm bug 15534
10:58 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15534 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add the ability to prevent a patron from placing a hold on a record with available items
10:59 khall indeed!
10:59 andreashm great work!
10:59 andreashm will try to test asap
11:01 andreashm khall: did you see my recall question above? =)
11:01 khall andreashm: no, I'll read back
11:02 andreashm thanks
11:03 * cait waves - was in a meeting reading back now
11:04 andreashm hi cait
11:04 andreashm I'm pondering recall again
11:04 andreashm =)
11:04 khall andreashm: have you seen bug 8688?
11:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8688 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fcapovilla, Failed QA , Add a recall button to the biblio record details page.
11:05 khall it sounds like you want something automatic though
11:05 andreashm khall: nope, looking at it now (thanks!)
11:05 andreashm khall: we would want it to be automatic. to be used together with automatic renewals
11:06 khall I see
11:16 andreashm khall: I would guess that a full recall logic ("who to send the reminder to") would have to be developed for this, not just adding a new type of notice to send out?
11:16 andreashm 8688 is interesting, but not really what we would need.
11:16 khall right, since you want to be automatic
11:16 andreashm khall: alright, thanks!
11:16 khall and you need to select a specific item holder
11:16 khall np!
11:17 andreashm specific item holder?
11:26 cait recall - we are interested
11:26 cait if you dive into that
11:27 andreashm yeah.
11:27 cait I also have some notes on that toic... the question of 'who has to return the book' is quite an intersting one
11:27 andreashm just that recall rules might make it a bit more heavyweight development than I envisioned
11:28 cait i discussed it with a library not too long ago... would have to dig up my notes
11:28 andreashm we were discussing that the other day. it can get tricky.
11:29 cait something like... the item must be loanable for the person which it's recalled for... then the same library... then who had it the longest so far...
11:29 andreashm we're also not sure we would want Koha to handle that... perhaps Viola will do it again (or rather, the service layer between Koha and Viola)
11:29 cait something like that maybe
11:29 andreashm cait: yeah, something like that
11:29 andreashm but then there are always: what if the person with the book never returns it... should after some period of time, someone else get a recall notice?
11:30 andreashm there can be many ifs and buts
11:30 andreashm I'd be interested to see your notes
11:30 andreashm I don't have mine written down, but probably could try to do that if you want to exchange notes
11:30 andreashm ?
11:31 cait andreashm: interesting question
11:32 cait andreashm: normally a recall would also shorten the due date
11:32 cait andreashm: the ones i know about... an then they get overdues
11:32 andreashm yeah, most of the time.
11:32 cait andreashm: possibly not for the friendly version... but you could maybe send reminders then
11:33 andreashm adding functionality for a full recall (shortened due date etc.) could possibly be added after.
11:33 andreashm should the basic logic be in place.
11:33 drojf_ joined #koha
11:34 andreashm cait: did you see the hold bugs I posted earlier (that khall has done for us)? Think some stuff that would interest you in there. One more to come later as well.
11:36 Joubu khall: Are you planning to push bug 15294 and bug 15295 soon?
11:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15294 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Move the C4::Branch related code to Koha::Libraries - part 1
11:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15295 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Move the C4::Branch related code to Koha::Libraries - part 2
11:36 khall Joubu: yes, I'd like to!
11:37 khall I'll have to ask bag to, he has the job of pushing to master atm
11:37 Joubu khall: ok thanks
11:37 khall np!
11:45 Joubu @later tell tcohen it seems that the 2 failures on master comes from files which are not part of Koha (http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]uild/testReport/) junit_translations.xml
11:45 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:30 geek_cl joined #koha
12:41 Joubu khall: I am waiting for an answer from you on several bug reports, I usually don't change the status and let it to "Sign off". Do you want me to change it to reflect the status (assigned/in discussion) or it's just a matter of time?
12:42 khall Joubu: either I haven't gotten to those replies in my inbox, or possibly I missed them. Just add a ping comment on them and I should get to them
12:42 Joubu k
12:47 meliss joined #koha
12:48 oleonard joined #koha
12:49 oleonard Hi #koha
12:50 Joubu khall: any idea why CancelReserve is setting found to NULL before moving the row to old_reserves? (bug 14968)
12:50 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14968 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Signed Off , found shouldn't be set to null when cancelling holds
12:51 khall hmm, that sounds seem right!
12:51 Joubu I tend to agree with the patch, but this behavior exists since the creation of C4::Reserves (2007)...
12:52 khall Joubu: I certainly don't see fixing this being a regression as it only adds more data that shouldn't have been removed in the first place
12:52 khall that is, I don't think fixing this will require a syspref or anything like that. You patch looks like a fine fix to me
12:52 Joubu Actually I don't see the point to look at this info when the hold is cancelled
12:53 Joubu khall: ok thanks, passing qa then
12:53 khall somebody may possibly want to know the state the hold was in when it was canceled
12:53 Joubu well, failing it for the lack of tests
12:53 khall heh
12:53 khall yeah, a regression test would be good
12:54 ericar joined #koha
12:56 alex_a joined #koha
12:58 magnuse @wunder boo
12:58 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -9.0°C (1:50 PM CET on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: -13.0°C. Windchill: -18.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
12:58 magnuse @wunder las palmas, spain
12:58 huginn` magnuse: Error: No such location could be found.
12:59 magnuse @wunder las palmas de gran canaria
12:59 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Gran Canaria, Gran Canaria, Canary Islands is 23.2°C (12:58 PM WET on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 74%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Falling).
12:59 magnuse w00t!
13:00 LibraryClaire magnuse: holiday time?
13:01 magnuse LibraryClaire: yup, leaving tomorrow, for a week
13:02 LibraryClaire magnuse: nice! :D
13:02 LibraryClaire @wunder LCY
13:02 huginn` LibraryClaire: The current temperature in London City, United Kingdom is 5.0°C (12:50 PM GMT on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
13:05 cait meetings meetings meetings
13:05 cait LibraryClaire: everything in the module templates is usually also a good test candidate
13:05 druthb @wunder 77447
13:05 huginn` druthb: The current temperature in Blueberry Farm, Hockley, Texas is 10.3°C (7:05 AM CST on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
13:05 cait LibraryClaire: or generally if you look for the modules - some you might be more comfortable with than others
13:05 eythian @wunder 1052HG
13:05 huginn` eythian: Error: HTTP Error 404: Not Found
13:06 eythian Needs to learn more postcodes
13:06 eythian @wunder Amsterdam, nl
13:06 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Schiphol, Badhoevedorp, Netherlands is 5.2°C (1:53 PM CET on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 85%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.50 in 999 hPa (Falling).
13:07 oleonard @wunder 45701
13:07 huginn` oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is -1.9°C (8:06 AM EST on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: -10.0°C. Windchill: -2.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
13:12 magnuse eythian: seen ?
13:12 wahanui I haven't seen '', magnuse
13:15 eythian Well, I hadn't...
13:18 LibraryClaire cait: thanks
13:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:33 NateC joined #koha
13:46 cait LibraryClaire: I think it's probably a bit of trial and error - if you scroll down in bugzilla there is an option to change the default columns, so you could add severity and module etc. if it's not visible
13:53 laurence joined #koha
13:53 LibraryClaire cait: thanks, I'll keep looking :)
13:54 laurence left #koha
13:55 nengard joined #koha
14:04 talljoy joined #koha
14:07 cait LibraryClaire: don't give up :) please! :)
14:08 LibraryClaire cait: hehe, severely lacking in sleep today, but as soon as my brain turns on I'll have a proper go :D
14:08 * LibraryClaire is running on the power of tea and chocolate
14:22 magnuse should a missing <upload_path> in koha-conf.xml affect upload of local images?
14:28 mario joined #koha
14:46 cma joined #koha
14:50 amyk-away joined #koha
14:56 rocio joined #koha
14:59 amyk-away joined #koha
15:01 bag bug 15295
15:01 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15295 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Move the C4::Branch related code to Koha::Libraries - part 2
15:04 JoshB joined #koha
15:08 Shane-S joined #koha
15:08 bag bug 14610
15:08 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , Add ability to place article requests in Koha
15:08 Shane-S When I try to update damage status for an item, it isn't saving. Any clues where to start looking?
15:09 Joubu Shane-S: the Koha log file :)
15:13 pastebot "Shane-S" at pasted "item $VAR1 = { 'withdrawn' =>" (1 line) at
15:13 Shane-S No clue....just looks like a record, not an error
15:14 vfernandes joined #koha
15:14 vfernandes hi :)
15:15 vfernandes can I allow one patron to have two holds/reserves on the same record?
15:16 Joubu vfernandes: not yet, see bug 14695
15:16 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14695 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Failed QA , Add ability to place multiple item holds on a given record per patron
15:17 Joubu Shane-S: Which Koha version are you using?
15:18 Shane-S ...but it has been an issue I upgraded from 3.08 and I have had to fix stuff occasionally...normally can get it working somehow..
15:19 kidclamp joined #koha
15:19 Joubu Shane-S: Are you able to confirm it's not a display issue (i.e. the value is not updated in the DB)?
15:20 Shane-S uh...that would require ssh...hang on
15:20 Joubu using a report?
15:25 Shane-S report shows damage status all "0" not sure if that is a sum or what
15:25 Shane-S i picked item# barcode, damaged as the fields
15:25 Shane-S I didn't check the box when it it asked about sum
15:28 Joubu select distinct(damaged) from items; return only 1 row with 0 ?
15:29 Shane-S Yeah, just did that via MySQL
15:31 Shane-S opac log has no errors for today
15:31 talljoy joined #koha
15:33 Shane-S any log I can view via SSH that might be more detailed.
15:36 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15294: Koha::Libraries - Rewrite the admin scripts <[…]beb2d82cef9e6f416> / Bug 15294: Koha::Libraries - Move existing Koha::Branch[es] <[…]f5d6a664d8bf0599a>
15:38 bag morning
15:42 talljoy joined #koha
15:42 Shane-S cait: you helped me with a records issue before, any thought what might cause an item to not be updating it's status? Joubu that "Yeah" was to the 1 row with a 0
15:43 Joubu looking at the html, you can see the dropdown with 2 values: 1 and 0?
15:43 Joubu or 0 and ""?
15:44 Joubu if you have 1 and 0, something wrong happens on updating the row, you should have an sql error in your koha log file
15:44 Shane-S Joubu: I ran that directly in mysql and it gave me a single result or 0
15:44 Shane-S I can try it in a report...hang on
15:45 Joubu Shane-S: no, when you edit the item, have a look at the damaged dropdown options
15:46 Shane-S Joubu: the damage drop down is populated when I try and edit. I even added a new entry into damaged values to make sure
15:46 Shane-S the new value of "PARTS" shows on the edit item page
15:46 Shane-S but when I pick it, and save, the item damage status hasn't changed
15:48 Joubu Shane-S: so let's check the log file :) Sorry but I cannot help if I don't know the error
15:49 Shane-S that was what I pasted was from the modify log viewer
15:50 Shane-S I pick 2 (my patron ID), catalog, modify, todays date (both fields)
15:50 Joubu It does not contain the sql error
15:50 Joubu The errors are in the Koha log file, on the server
15:51 pastebot "Shane-S" at pasted "2016-01-14 10:40:02 Shane Samm" (1 line) at
15:52 Shane-S okay in /var/log/koha/site?
15:55 * Joubu is checkouting 3.20.02
15:56 Joubu works
15:57 Shane-S I I said, had issue because I have been upgrading.
15:57 Joubu And everything else is correctly updated?
15:57 Joubu lost/withdrawn?
15:57 Shane-S Can't really say..let me try some other fields
15:58 Shane-S Had issues adding patrons earlier this year, people helped with that, had to do some package checks and a zebra re-index.
15:59 Shane-S sadly I don't remember what we have done..I just know cait, oleonard  have helped me resolve some issues. Normally not hard...just an obscure issue that stems back to being on 3.08 and going 3.12 and then to 3.20
16:00 Shane-S always far between issues....and always a little thing.
16:00 Shane-S Maybe I should just run and upgrade again
16:01 cait some authorised values are numerical
16:01 cait i have fallen into that trap
16:01 cait lost... notforloan
16:01 cait damaged
16:01 wahanui damaged is a TINYINT.
16:01 cait yes exactly
16:01 cait so if you have PARTS as a code, that will save in authorised values... but not in the item
16:01 cait you needt o pick a numerical code
16:01 Shane-S oh...I did PARTS
16:02 Shane-S and the old codes where alpha as well
16:02 TGoat joined #koha
16:02 cait hmm that's a little weird
16:02 Shane-S I will try fixing that, thank you
16:02 Shane-S easy enough fix
16:03 Joubu That's why I have asked you if you have only 1 and 0 in the dropdown list, I should have insist more on that, sorry
16:04 reiveune bye
16:04 reiveune left #koha
16:04 Shane-S The drop down on the item page listed the description not the value
16:07 Shane-S That fixed it, sorry Joubu thank you for the help...I guess I was missing what you were asking.
16:08 Shane-S I just made them all 01-10
16:09 Joubu Shane-S: heh yes :) I meant: look at the html source code, from your browser
16:09 Joubu anyway, it's fixed!
16:10 Shane-S oh...sorry...when you said HTML I just assumed the webpage not mysql
16:11 pianohacker joined #koha
16:19 cait left #koha
16:26 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15295! Koha::Libraries - Remove ModBranchCategoryInfo <[…]66bee2c486573a5db> / Bug 15295: Koha::Libraries - Remove GetBranchesCount <[…]1814f3c783c54a19c> / Bug 15295: Koha::Libraries - Remove GetCategoryTypes <
16:35 alex_a_ joined #koha
16:59 cait joined #koha
16:59 * cait waves
17:02 gaetan_B bye
17:08 kidclamp Joubu around?
17:08 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15469: Same fix for the "entire record" tab <[…]4d009a376ae5edbc1> / Bug 15469: Fix authority header search <[…]037b7a0bbab8e29c9>
17:14 Joubu kidclamp: more or less
17:15 kidclamp bug 15568 - altered the patch, probably shoudl have done as follow up now that I conisder
17:15 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15568 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Circ rules are not displayed anymore
17:17 Joubu kidclamp: heh, yes I always prefer a follow-up, especially to highlight the changes you have done
17:17 Joubu unless it's very small/trivial
17:20 kidclamp It is, but I can redo, add followup and sign off on yours
17:20 kidclamp Joubu^
17:20 Joubu I'd prefer, yes. thanks!
17:28 rocio left #koha
17:28 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15394 - Tidy up error messages in OPAC lists <[…]4964d61486a3c9ccb>
18:09 cdickinson_ joined #koha
18:18 edveal_stanwood joined #koha
18:21 Seri-EBE joined #koha
18:22 ses joined #koha
18:22 LibraryClaire joined #koha
18:38 magnuse anyone else having problems with local cover image upload on 3.22.1?
18:40 magnuse after hitting "Upload file" i get "Upload status: Failed"
18:40 pianohacker magnuse: check the ownership of your upload directory
18:42 magnuse pianohacker: it's drwxr-xr-x 2 disdk-koha disdk-koha 4096 des.  28 19:45 uploads
18:42 magnuse same as plugins
18:43 magnuse in the firebug console, the response is given as "{"errors":{"900290 Forside.jpg":2},"fileid":null,"status":"failed"}"
18:45 magnuse same if i chmod to 0777
18:45 magnuse nothing in the intranet error log
18:55 alex_ joined #koha
18:56 magnuse hm, can't reproduce on current master
19:14 rangi what about on current 3.22.x ?
19:14 rangi and good morning
19:14 wahanui the only good morning is a dead one
19:34 magnuse rangi: isn't 3.22.1 the latest and stablest?
19:35 rangi yeah but more has been pushed since its release
19:35 rangi[…]refs/heads/3.22.x
19:35 rangi so im wondering if it is still broken for what will be 3.22.2 next week
19:35 rangi if so, we need to get that in before then
19:36 kathryn joined #koha
19:39 magnuse ah yeah, i'll check in a while
19:41 bklein joined #koha
20:19 eythian Hans Gruber has died 🙁
20:20 cait :(
20:24 magnuse rangi: can't reproduce on origin/3.22.x
20:24 JesseM joined #koha
20:26 magnuse can't reproduce on v3.22.01 on my laptop either - must be somethng specific to that one server, then
20:28 magnuse fun
20:29 rangi hmm those are hard to catch
20:50 NateC joined #koha
20:54 amyk-bbiab joined #koha
21:16 rangi the academy kids are all learning about db at the moment, it's pretty easy to blow your own foot off as they are finding out
21:26 amyk_ joined #koha
21:26 dac joined #koha
21:27 meliss1 joined #koha
21:27 mario joined #koha
21:32 TGoat joined #koha
21:33 amyk_ joined #koha
21:34 TGoat joined #koha
22:06 cdickinson joined #koha
22:13 nengard left #koha
22:23 JesseM joined #koha
22:27 eythian Ug snow
22:28 eythian @wunder Amsterdam, nl
22:28 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Aalsmeerderbrug, Aalsmeerderbrug, Netherlands is 2.7°C (11:15 PM CET on January 14, 2016). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.44 in 997 hPa (Rising).
22:28 eythian It's not rain, huginn`
22:29 JesseM_ joined #koha
22:33 eythian wahanui: Netflix is <reply>video ezy and chill
22:33 wahanui OK, eythian.
22:46 magnuse joined #koha
23:15 JesseM joined #koha
23:30 grharry joined #koha
23:38 pianohacker testbuilder++
23:38 pianohacker this makes writing unit tests so much less bad
23:38 dac That's good to hear :)
23:41 pianohacker and I'm venturing into the depths of acq, so I want thick test armor
23:41 dcook Good luck
23:41 dcook You're going to need it O_O
23:41 pianohacker yeah. Simple change with possibly large ramifications: bug 15531
23:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15531 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, ASSIGNED , Add support for standing orders
23:43 dcook Btw, so glad you're doing that
23:43 dcook We had someone want standing orders years ago, but there was no budget to do it..
23:44 papa joined #koha
23:44 pianohacker dcook: sweet!
23:44 dcook I'm having just a little squee myself atm..
23:44 dcook I thought that I had to go into a particular office just so that I could get access to their network because of all the firewalls and proxies and whatnot..
23:45 dcook But I have a mobile modem which can get me into one network, then I can SSH into one computer there and create a SSH tunnel, which allows me to use RDP to get access to a Windows box, which can then access some other computers on another network in another location...
23:46 dcook IT folk: doing whatever they can not to leave their own workstation
23:46 dcook :)
23:46 pianohacker even if it involves enough action at a distance to make einstein spin in his grave
23:46 dcook hehe
23:47 dcook Unfortunately, it's other IT folk that make it so tough to access those computers..
23:47 dcook There must be a name for that..
23:47 dcook Developers vs Operations?
23:47 dcook I don't even know if it would be Operations..
23:47 dcook Infrastructure?
23:47 wahanui Infrastructure is all done, you can add a url fetch ratings blah blah
23:48 pianohacker devops?
23:49 dcook Nah, that's Development + Operations
23:49 dcook In this case, it's developers wanting to do things, and other IT people saying "No! Why would you want to do things! Can't the computers exist in isolation in their own room and never talk to anyone else?!"
23:50 pianohacker I think the term for that is just Kafkaesque :)
23:50 pianohacker anyway, gotta hit the road. Bye all :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary