IRC log for #koha, 2015-03-12

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 papa joined #koha
00:06 papa joined #koha
00:09 Joubu joined #koha
00:16 JoshB joined #koha
00:16 NateC joined #koha
00:31 mtompset_ joined #koha
00:32 mtompset Nice blip that was. :)
00:50 BobB good afternoon all (as it may be for you and will be for me in 10 mins or so)
00:51 BobB does enabling ICU chains for searching in say, Korean script have any negative consequences for searching latin-based languages in the same catalogue?
00:52 BobB and if so, will the elastic search work address that?
00:52 rangi i think all the ICU experts are asleep
00:52 BobB yeah, prolly
00:52 eythian I'd ask dcook
00:53 eythian becaues I always ask him for zebra questions
00:53 eythian I don't know if he even knows the answers, or just goes and looks it up.
00:53 BobB what about elastic search eythian?  Are you testing that for Arabic, etc?
00:53 eythian I'm not yet
00:53 BobB ok, thx
00:54 eythian but, it ought to work reasonably well straight from the get-go I think
00:54 eythian it also understands some languages so will be able to do a bit better with them
00:56 BobB i'm asking for a project where the translations haven't been done yet: two new langauges, so it won't be any time soon, I expect
00:56 eythian ah right
00:56 BobB how long does it take to create a translation, from scratch?
00:56 BobB weeks or months?
00:57 eythian @later tell drojf hey wait, you're going pro now? awesome :)
00:57 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
00:58 eythian BobB: I'd guess weeks of FTE, but I'm not really sure.
00:58 BobB cool, thx
00:58 rangi it depends entirely on if the people have done translations before
01:00 Francesca hey
01:00 eythian @later tell drojf wordpress has munched the GPG key on your site, btw, -- has become — for example. "gpg: geen geldige OpenPGP gegevens gevonden."
01:00 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
01:01 BobB rangi: almost certainly not
01:01 rangi yeah then it will take a wee while
01:03 * Francesca waves at rangi
01:03 rangi hey Francesca
01:03 wahanui I love the 11th doctor!
01:04 Francesca I've got everything cloned now
01:04 Francesca but I still have no idea how to set up hea-app on the vm
01:05 rangi hmm maybe you could drop aleisha an email, she set it up on hers
01:05 Francesca gotta find her email first but sure
01:05 Francesca all I need is to have it running so I can test any CSS changes I make
01:05 rangi yup
01:05 rangi i cant remember how she set it up
01:06 Francesca I'll get in touch with her
01:06 rangi cool thanks
01:07 Francesca when I get it working I'm planning to change the colours to match up with the other sites I did some work on
01:07 rangi sounds good
01:08 Francesca sorry I keep missing you on tuesdays btw
01:08 rangi no problem
01:08 Francesca I know thats the day we set up to chat on here
01:08 Francesca I keep getting sick
01:10 rangi whenever you get time is fine
01:12 Francesca I've been coming on here at random times and I keep missing yo
01:12 Francesca you
01:13 Francesca but I go on mid semester break just before easter so I'll have lots of time then
01:16 rangi sweet
01:47 eythian[…]con-man/x/4049159 <-- firefly etc. nerds
02:34 ngourlay joined #koha
02:36 dcook eythian: Half the time I know the answer, half the time I know where to go to find it ;)
02:37 mtompset @seen wizzyrea
02:37 huginn mtompset: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 2 days, 2 hours, 24 minutes, and 30 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> I could probably convince the family that a trip to a hackfest in oz would be a good thing to do.
02:38 mtompset Is there someone else, other than wizzyrea who has the ability to add paid support listings?
02:38 dcook BobB: As for ICU, it would depend on what the transliteration is doing, I suppose
02:38 * dcook did a lot of reading about ICU a while back when he found that ICU phrase tokenization bug
02:42 Francesca joined #koha
02:59 eythian oh dear. I just spent from last night til now trying to work out why I couldn't seach authority records.
02:59 eythian I just discovered that "peter" works, and "Peter" doesn't.
02:59 rangi oh
02:59 eythian arg
02:59 rangi case sensitivity eh
02:59 eythian yeah
02:59 rangi there must be a switch to switch that off eh?
02:59 eythian this is fixable, but I thought I'd already fixed it
03:00 dcook Bizarre
03:00 mtompset perhaps you did, but the bug fix hasn't hit master? or you forgot to submit the bug, and you did an upgrade?
03:01 eythian that's not really how elasticsearch development is working at the moment
03:03 eythian lowercase tokenising is default, but it doesn't seem to apply to search terms.
03:03 eythian That surprises me
03:05 dcook When did you make it the default?
03:05 dcook Maybe it just needs a reindex?
03:06 eythian ages ago
03:06 dcook Hmm
03:06 eythian I'm thinking it's lowercasing when it indexes, but it's not lowercasing when it does the comparison.
03:06 dcook That's how it sounds
03:06 dcook But that's also bizarre :S
03:07 eythian analyser_standard => {
03:07 eythian tokenizer => 'standard',
03:07 eythian filter    => 'lowercase',
03:07 eythian }
03:07 dcook Unless it uses a different config file?
03:07 eythian that is being applied to everything indexed
03:07 eythian where we're going, we don't neen config files
03:07 eythian *need
03:07 dcook hehe
03:08 dcook But surely you'd need to tell it that you need to lowercase your search terms?
03:08 dcook Unless it knows to use the analyser_standard I guess..
03:08 dcook But why would it know?
03:08 eythian well, I don't know
03:08 * dcook had fun playing with words-icu.xml a while back...
03:08 eythian I really need to get the elasticsearch book, go to the quiet room, and read the whole thing.
03:09 dcook hehe
03:09 dcook Yeah, I've pondered doing similar things
03:09 * dcook still hasn't gotten past the first few chapters of PBP
03:09 dcook And I even bought the ebook
03:09 eythian this should be able to handle a lot of things by magic
03:09 eythian and we can plug in analysers if we like
03:10 eythian I really want to push more logic to the index phase rather than the search phase.
03:11 dcook Yeah, that'd be nice
03:11 rangi that makes sense
03:11 dcook Well, depending on what we're doing I guess
03:11 dcook Rather do it once than a million times..
03:11 eythian there's places where values are derived from parts of a record.
03:11 dcook I forgot you could plug in different analysers
03:11 eythian we can just chuck those into the record when we index it
03:13 dcook :D
03:13 dcook What's an example?
03:13 wahanui rumour has it an example is probably a status change
03:14 eythian when searching authorities, we take a set of bits of it, based on the type, and make it into a long string like aThisbThancThe next thing
03:14 dcook :S
03:14 dcook Interesting
03:14 wahanui i guess Interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
03:14 eythian there's also a BuildSummary method that does a lot of complicated things.
03:16 dcook Ooo, we could index all sorts of stuff
03:16 dcook Non-MARC stuff
03:16 eythian yeah
03:16 dcook Yeah?
03:16 dcook Sweet
03:16 eythian that's what I've been hinting at for a while now :)
03:17 dcook Hehe. It took me a while.
03:17 dcook I missed lunch :/
03:17 dcook And now that I'm comfy, I'm hestitant to get up a make a sammich
03:17 dcook I used to think I needed a lackey, but maybe I just need a really smart dog...
03:17 dcook The dude who taught me how to weld had a dog named Whiskey
03:17 dcook Could open the fridge, fetch him a beer, close the fridge, and bring back the beer
03:18 dcook Admittedly, a toasted sandwich might be more complicated...
03:18 * dcook doesn't think the dog could pour whiskey either
03:18 eythian that dog needed some new tricks
03:18 eythian but, the beer one is certainly useful
03:20 dcook I know, right?
03:20 dcook Of course the lackey could go and buy beer...
03:20 dcook What's the drinking age in New Zealand?
03:20 dcook If I start growing a child now, how long until they can fetch me beer? :p
03:21 eythian longer than if you just hired one
03:21 eythian dcook: 18 here
03:24 dcook Well, I don't want a hired hand sitting in my living room at 10pm
03:24 dcook Of course, if they just kept the fridge stocked...
03:24 dcook Actually, I think Coles does deliver alcohol... although it might just be wine?
03:24 dcook Nah, they deliver beer too...
03:24 dcook But not same day delivery
03:24 * dcook shakes his head with disappointment
03:26 eythian you have students there, right? There's bound to be a 30 minute delivery service.
03:26 nlegrand joined #koha
03:26 dcook Hmm, I do work by 2 different universities...
03:27 dcook There's actually a wine shop next door I think
03:27 dcook But they're too pricy
03:27 * dcook would probably have to walk 5 minutes to buy a case
03:27 dcook And I'm too comfy at the moment :p
03:28 eythian the problems you have :)
03:28 dcook It's a tough life
03:29 dcook Ok, bbiab
03:29 dcook Well, brb. It won't take that long..
03:30 * eythian waits for dcook to return with a case of wine
03:40 dcook Just sandwiches :p
03:41 dcook Now just need moar hands
03:44 eythian[…]s-icu-plugin.html <-- dcook
03:45 eythian I'm not using that at the moment
03:46 dcook Mmm interesting
03:51 dcook I'll have to look more deeply another time :)
03:51 eythian does that mean you're not going to solve my problem here?
03:51 eythian damn
03:52 mtompset Have fun, eythian. :)
03:53 mtompset Have a great day, #koha dcook eythian rangi
03:53 dcook haha
03:53 dcook I think I'd have to look more at a functional ES to start trying to help solve the problem :)
03:57 eythian[…]ce-is-broken.html <-- zebra needs a page like this
04:01 dcook Mmm I like that
04:02 dcook Although not sure what "enough data" might be :p
04:04 dcook Inverse document frequency took me a minute to puzzle out
04:04 dcook I was like "But... but if it's in lots of indexes, surely it's relevant!"
04:04 dcook Then I realized that doesn't make sense
04:04 dcook "The pickle"
04:04 dcook The will appear in everything, so it's certainly way less relevant than "pickle"
04:04 dcook "The" will*
04:04 * dcook goes back to pretending not to be distracted by eythian and his ES ways
04:04 eythian heh
04:05 eythian annoying, as far as I can tell, I can't do a proper phrase search across all fields.
04:05 eythian because _all only seems to work with "real" fields, and my phrase field is sorta a synthetic one.
04:06 * eythian tries something...
04:07 eythian damn, that didn't work.
04:23 dcook IE is so terribad...
04:24 eythian yeah
04:25 eythian @karma IE
04:25 huginn eythian: Karma for "IE" has been increased 0 times and decreased 18 times for a total karma of -18.
04:26 dcook IE--
04:26 dcook For good measure
04:26 dcook Hmm..
04:26 IE IE--
04:26 huginn IE: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
04:26 IE hehe
04:27 dcook Even IE doesn't think it's very good...
04:27 * dcook is easily amused
04:39 eythian yay!
04:40 eythian phrase searching across all fields now works
04:40 eythian turns out you can create a fake field and tall everything else to copy their content into it
04:40 eythian *tell
04:40 dcook :D
04:40 eythian so I could make one with the parameters I want, and now I just have to remember to use _allphrase instead of _all where appropriate.
04:40 * dcook isn't sure what this all means but yay for working
04:40 eythian which isn't ideal, but it'll do.
04:41 eythian still haven't sorted the case issue, but I think I'll cheat and lc() it from perl for now.
04:41 dcook What's an example? :)
04:41 dcook :o
04:41 eythian $ curl -XPOST  'http://koha-es:9200/koha_robin[…]_search?pretty=1' -d '
04:41 eythian {
04:41 eythian "query" : {
04:41 eythian "term" : { "_allphrase" : "Vial, Peter" }
04:41 eythian }
04:41 eythian }'
04:41 eythian will find an authority that has that name in a field
04:41 eythian but searching for "Vial, Pete" won't result in anything (which is what I want)
04:42 eythian previously, I had to search the specific field that was in, I couldn't search _all as that was tokenised
04:42 eythian (err, modulo caps, I copied the wrong test)
04:43 eythian well, not only that, I had to search in say, 'Heading.phrase'
04:43 eythian as my .phrase fields aren't tokenised.
04:44 dcook Hmm, might have something about the case thing..
04:44 dcook What query are you using for Peter?
04:45 eythian what do you mean?
04:45 eythian the query is the bit that follows "query" above.
04:45 eythian It's not the case thing
04:45 eythian oh, you might have an idea?
04:45 eythian I'd like ideas.
04:45 dcook Haha
04:45 dcook[…]ase-filter-search
04:45 dcook Admittedly I don't really understand ES (yet)
04:46 dcook But it's saying something about term not being analyzed? :S
04:47 rocio_away left #koha
04:47 eythian an
04:47 eythian ah
04:47 eythian that does sound like my issue
04:48 eythian I really really don't want to use the query type if I can help it.
04:48 * dcook isn't even sure what that means :)
04:48 eythian it feels more freeform than I want for authority searching.
04:48 dcook Mmm
04:48 eythian it's what I'm using for biblio searching, it lets you use more lucene style queries
04:49 dcook But you want to be more specific?
04:49 eythian yeah
04:49 eythian the authority stuff seems to be (perhaps overly) precise
04:49 eythian really, it should probably respect the caps all the way through to be properly precise, but that's going too far I feel
04:50 dcook I wonder about that sort of thing all the time
04:53 dcook Hmm this seems relevant but you probably already know all this:[…]ing_analysis.html
04:53 eythian yeah
04:53 dcook I wonder why the term query wouldn't be analysed :S
04:53 eythian my issue was that I was expecting the search analysers to be provided
04:54 eythian *applied
04:54 dcook Can you provide them?
04:54 eythian I have
04:54 eythian s/provided/applied/ aboce
04:54 eythian above
04:54 eythian I'm losing the ability to connect brain to keyboard
04:54 dcook keyboard brain!
04:55 eythian when you first build an index, it loads the field mappings from the database and generates a big pile of elasticsearch mappings to create the index with
04:58 dcook Hmm, I think I'd have to read more to know more
04:59 dcook I figured the analyser probably wasn't being applied..
04:59 dcook For the term query
05:05 dcook Hmm suddenly I'm craving donuts...
05:09 eythian I'm double booked this evening. Fortunately, both events chose the same location.
05:09 eythian this works out well
05:11 dcook I hope your computer isn't the location for both :p
05:11 eythian no :)
05:11 dcook :D
05:11 dcook I barely know what day of the week it is...
05:11 dcook Thursday...
05:12 dcook Chore night I guess
05:12 eythian I don't like how authority searching has modes, of which two are "is" and "exact"
05:13 eythian it turns out when it says "exact", it doesn't quite mean that.
05:13 eythian however "is" means exact
05:14 * dcook shudders
05:15 eythian I bet almost no one ever uses these options anyway
05:15 eythian but, they need to be implemented...
05:20 dcook Or patches sent to remove them from Koha/Zebra :p
05:20 eythian heh
05:23 dcook Hmm hate when a fix doesn't work..
05:24 dcook Aha... found a workaround
05:24 * dcook must be talking about IE, if he's willing to go with a workaround
05:24 eythian it's the only option so often
05:24 dcook Yeah, it's sad making
05:25 dcook I want to say there is a "bootstrap-ie7.css" file out there... I think we've even used it. I should rack it down again
05:26 dcook Aha... found it
05:26 dcook Take that IE7
05:27 eythian IE7...isn't that deprecated by now?
05:27 dcook Only like...technically
05:28 dcook I think once people actually leave Windows XP, it might be over
05:28 dcook There are so many government departments that would probably work way better on Linux
05:28 eythian yeah, we had to support a government dept on XP up until far too late last year
05:29 dcook :(
05:29 dcook I'm not 100% sure that I actually need to in this case
05:29 dcook Done it enough with DSpace in the past for it to be not too much of a thing though
05:30 eythian ah right
05:30 eythian time for me to go
05:30 eythian later
05:30 * eythian &
05:30 dcook ta
05:32 dcook Hmm, already using the bootstrap-ie7.css apparently...
05:43 Francesca joined #koha
05:45 connectiontest joined #koha
05:56 Francesca joined #koha
06:32 papa joined #koha
06:41 indradg joined #koha
07:01 m23 joined #koha
07:05 jenkins_koha Starting build #61 for job Koha_3.18.x_U14 (previous build: FAILURE -- last SUCCESS #59 11 days ago)
07:12 mveron joined #koha
07:12 mveron Good daytime #koha
07:12 mveron @wunder Allschwil
07:12 huginn mveron: The current temperature in Basel, Switzerland is -1.0°C (8:00 AM CET on March 12, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028 hPa (Steady).
07:13 mveron What a bright day!
07:20 josef_moravec joined #koha
07:22 mveron hi josef_moravec :-)
07:32 Francesca joined #koha
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:36 reiveune hello
07:39 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
07:39 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
07:39 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.18.x_U14 build #61: FIXED in 33 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_3.18.x_U14/61/
07:39 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 13473 - Plugins fail
07:39 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 13753: koha-indexer contains invalid statement
07:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13473 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Stable , Plugins fail when loading templates
07:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13753 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Stable , INDEXER_DAEMON default is incorrect in koha-indexer
07:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #62 for job Koha_3.18.x_U14 (previous build: FIXED)
07:42 reiveune joined #koha
07:55 alex_a joined #koha
07:56 alex_a bonjour
08:00 fridolin joined #koha
08:00 fridolin hie all
08:05 Jul joined #koha
08:08 brendan_ joined #koha
08:08 drojf joined #koha
08:09 drojf morning #koha
08:13 jenkins_koha Starting build #63 for job Koha_3.18.x_U14 (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:15 mveron Hi drojf :-)
08:15 drojf hi mveron :)
08:15 mveron and hi everybody :-)
08:15 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
08:16 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 3.0°C (8:50 AM CET on March 12, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Pressure: 30.51 in 1033 hPa (Rising).
08:16 drojf spring went over soon :(
08:16 mveron it will come back...
08:17 drojf i hope so ;)
08:18 akafred The Koha Plugin system, would that be a natural place to extend Koha with country specific features? Are there limitations to it's use?
08:19 drojf akafred: can't answer the question about the plugin system, but what kind of country specific features are you thinking of?
08:21 akafred Hm. Poor example. Let me try another one: Could an NCIP server possibly be a plugin?
08:21 akafred (Or even, is the one that exists a plugin?)
08:22 rangi no and no
08:22 rangi theres no point in tying an ncip server that tightly to koha
08:24 rangi there's just a Koha driver, (and an Evergreen one) and whatever else to the NCIP server
08:24 akafred Could the Koha driver be a plugin?
08:25 rangi eh?
08:25 rangi its a driver for NCIP
08:25 rangi so no, that wouldnt make any sense
08:26 akafred Hm. Where can I learn more about plugins? And the NCIP-server?
08:26 rangi plugins are for extending koha
08:26 rangi you dont need to extend anything in koha to do ncip
08:27 rangi all you need is a server that speaks the incredibly stupid pile of xml that ncip is
08:27 drojf lol
08:27 rangi and calls the appropriate functions in whatever ils you have behind it
08:27 rangi it really really is a horrible standard
08:28 rangi[…]13df3c76da67f1820
08:28 rangi all that
08:28 rangi to look up a borrower
08:28 liw rangi, I think you have been misled and have not read the Important Hacker Memorandum that sets down the rule that anything that uses XML is pretty and perfect
08:28 rangi and thats the simplest message there is
08:29 rangi liw: :)
08:29 rangi akafred: a good example of the plugins, is the EDS plugin
08:29 akafred rangi: Would you prefer it to be MARC? ;-)
08:30 rangi actually i would
08:30 rangi it's that bad
08:30 rangi you have to actually implement natural language parsing
08:31 nlegrand hey #koha!
08:32 akafred is it xml that is the problem, or the ncip standard?
08:33 rangi the standard
08:33 wahanui it has been said that the standard is to rewrite it with Javascript, which isn't a great solution.
08:33 rangi <Value>Hold For Pickup And Notify</Value>
08:33 rangi <RequestedActionType>
08:34 akafred Yep.
08:34 rangi the standard does not specify what can be between the value tags
08:34 akafred They have made it too general.
08:34 rangi consequently every single ILL system does it different
08:35 rangi basically you win nothing except complexity over SIP2
08:35 rangi also, most ILL systems dont care about security and the standard leaves it out
08:36 rangi so its http in the clear, with no authentication or sessions
08:36 rangi it's AWESOME
08:36 rangi ncip?
08:36 wahanui i heard ncip was NISO, SIP is 3M
08:36 rangi ncip?
08:36 wahanui http://kohadevreactions.tumblr[…]g-on-ncip-kohails
08:36 rangi that's exactly what working with it is like
08:37 drojf :D
08:37 rangi plugin
08:37 rangi and in action
08:37 rangi
08:38 * mveron did a first tiny step for Bug 13813...
08:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13813 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Remove deprecated module C4::Dates from system
08:38 rangi you can choose between discovery and the catalogue in the drop down
08:39 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
08:39 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
08:39 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.18.x_D7 build #69: FIXED in 27 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]oha_3.18.x_D7/69/
08:39 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Revert "Bug 13789 - facets with accented utf-8 characters generate double encoded links"
08:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13789 major, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , facets with accented utf-8 characters generate double encoded links
08:41 cait joined #koha
08:42 rangi mveron++
08:45 mveron rangi:  For possible changes to, it would be great to have  Bug 13601 QAed / pushed
08:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13601 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Get rid of DateTime::Format::DateParse
08:52 * cait waves
08:52 * rangi isnt part of the QA team
08:52 rangi but i can push it to 3.18.x if it is needed and once its pushed to master
08:54 cait rangi - when is the freeze for translation again?
08:54 magnuse joined #koha
08:54 rangi 15th
08:54 * magnuse waves
08:58 cait oh so soon
08:58 cait and weekend
08:58 cait i found some more paging issues, but they should be translation safe
08:58 cait will test
08:59 cait making screenshots for the user meeting of course turned up some more finding (such things always do)
09:00 magnuse rangi: i know you explained it once before, but i didn't take notes... :-( what's the difference between the two scripts in the bin of NCIPserver?
09:00 magnuse and
09:01 * mveron waves to cait :-)
09:02 cait hi mveron
09:02 wahanui hi mveron are you ther yet
09:02 mveron ...and to magnuse and all the others...
09:02 rangi one starts up an http server (dancer)
09:02 rangi one starts up a server listening on a port
09:03 rangi to be fully compliant you have to support, http, https and raw
09:03 magnuse ooh "The Oslo Perl Mongers are happy to invite you to the Nordic Perl Workshop, May 8-10th 2015. This year is special in that the NPW is being organized as a part of the Nordic Open Source Developers' Conference ("
09:03 magnuse ah, so one is http(s) and one is raw, gotcha
09:03 rangi cos ... well who knows why really, someone really liked 1969 and it's protocols maybe
09:03 magnuse lulz
09:03 magnuse yeah, library tech tends to do that
09:04 rangi right time for sleep for me
09:04 magnuse sleep tight rangi!
09:04 mveron Good night, rangi
09:05 cait night rangi
09:06 drojf night rangi, moin cait and magnuse
09:07 atheia joined #koha
09:07 Viktor joined #koha
09:08 magnuse moin drojf atheia Viktor
09:09 Viktor Hi Magnuse!
09:09 sophie_m joined #koha
09:13 nlegrand it's still not possible to check all late orders list as bug 7481 proposed?
09:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7481 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, CLOSED DUPLICATE, Select all/Deselect all on the late orders list (Claim order button)
09:15 Viktor joined #koha
09:19 cait nlegrand: i think you can do all for one vendor at once
09:19 cait i thought
09:20 nlegrand cait: I can't an a 3.18 and master right now
09:20 cait let me find it
09:20 nlegrand thanks ^^
09:20 cait use the filter on the left
09:20 cait and limit to a vendor
09:20 cait then the uncheck all/check all will appear :)
09:21 nlegrand cait: great! Thank you :)
09:21 cait :)
09:25 nlegrand another question about Koha process dev, if we open a public market and pay someone for some dev, is it ok to ask them to put it on the bugzilla and for us to sign it when we're satisfied? (still thinking about separate quota for on-site checkout)
09:28 magnuse you can sign it off, but i think it would need an independent signoff too?
09:28 magnuse or disinterested
09:28 nlegrand :)
09:30 nlegrand That's good enough for me :)
09:37 cait nlegrand: you shoudl totally ask them to submit
09:37 nlegrand :)
09:38 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
09:38 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
09:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.18.x_U12 build #46: FIXED in 48 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_3.18.x_U12/46/
09:38 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Revert "Bug 13789 - facets with accented utf-8 characters generate double encoded links"
09:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13789 major, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , facets with accented utf-8 characters generate double encoded links
09:46 akafred Joubu:[…]e-Driver/pull/189 ..... Still WIP, but ...
09:48 Joubu akafred: ok thanks, will try to have a look
09:48 Joubu s/try to// :)
09:49 akafred No sweat, just fun that they started work on it immediately after I mentioned it :-)
10:01 * magnuse spins up a new linode to run an ill demo on
10:16 BobB joined #koha
10:26 atheia Hej magnuse (rather belatedly *sheepish*)
10:33 magnuse atheia: hej is swedish, hei is norwegian ;-)
10:36 atheia magnuse: ah, sincere apologies! Let me try again:
10:36 atheia hei magnuse! :-)
10:36 akafred Currently Oslo uses the proprietary ILS as their "Identity Provider" (using a SIP2 service as the authentication service). As we are building more services and also other systems need auth/identity this becomes a bit cumbersome (few have SIP2 as a possible auth mechanism ...). What Identity Providers are others using for Koha + other stuff to (reduce number
10:36 akafred of sign-in mechanisms)? What do you recommend?
10:39 barton|a1ay joined #koha
10:39 magnuse much better atheia ;-)
10:41 magnuse akafred: koha supports LDAP, CAS, Shibboleth. so i guess those protocols are used for that sort of thing
10:41 gerundio joined #koha
10:44 akafred Yep, I have seen that , but I am curious which are actually used, and which are recommended.
10:45 magnuse i think biblibre has been working on cas, so maybe someone there knows
10:45 magnuse and i think ashimema did the work on shib?
10:46 ashimema you called
10:47 magnuse :-)
10:47 magnuse you worked on shibboleth, right?
10:48 magnuse what is that used for? do you run a shibboleth server that holds all your users?
10:48 magnuse or are there other systems using it as a protocol?
10:48 ashimema Biblibre has a few customers using CAS I believe.. universities mostly.
10:48 ashimema We have a few customers using Shibboleth, Law Firms, Universities and Colleges
10:49 ashimema We havn't yet seen a public wanting to do it.. and I can't see why they would.. unless they were using Shib as an OAuth gateway.. which is perfectly viable (i.e. login with google account details for instance)
10:50 ashimema We run one test IdP shibboleth wise.. for my development work.. but we in theory offer IdP hosting as a service (where we could use an IdP hosted by us to ensure seamless sign on to all our apps (and anyone elses using Shib/SAML2) in one step
10:51 ashimema The drawback of shibboleth is that the IdP hosting has to be bomb proof.. as there is no easy mechanism of fallback
10:52 * magnuse lets akafred ask the followup questions
10:52 ashimema It's the tidiest (in my opinion) single sign on solution if your IdP is bombproof.. if you're IdP is not bombproof you will get directed off to a broken service and never get directed back again.
10:52 ashimema Shibboleth = SAML2, SAML2 = Shibboleth btw
10:52 ashimema akafred.. hopefully that gives you some places to start
10:53 ashimema I'd love to see Koha have a full OAuth2 implementation in the near future too.. as my feeling is that's the way forward in general..
10:54 ashimema also.. Shibboleth is simply the medium of transport really.. you still require LDAP/Active Directory or some other storage mechanism behind it at the IdP end
10:55 akafred Yep, I am starting to figure that out.
10:56 ashimema feel free to quiz me.. I know auth pretty well these days..
10:56 ashimema (and am still the koha auth module maintainer for a little while yet.. though I really need to catch back up on my duties on that front)
10:56 akafred Awesome. We'll probably have to go more into this in a while.
10:56 akafred ashimema++
10:56 magnuse why not use ldap directly if you have to have that in the wings anyway?
10:57 ashimema I'd say if you can guarantee 99%+ uptime on your IdP then shibboleth it a really nice way to go.. it's so seamless (And that would mean I'd have another person to punt bugs to test at ;) )
10:58 akafred :--)
10:58 ashimema Suppose it's about what you're wanting to achieve on that front magnuse.
10:59 ashimema Shibboleth and CAS I believe both offer 'Single Sign On', whereas LDAP offer 'Single Login/Password Combination over Multiple Sign On)
10:59 magnuse ah, ok
10:59 magnuse makes sense
10:59 magnuse akafred: you might want to look into FEIDE too, that is somehoiw related to SAML
11:00 magnuse i am not sure if it saml under another name, or if it is saml + norwegian adaptations
11:01 ashimema LDAP also requires the Identity information to be exchanged between parties.. thus your local application is given some level of information about users by the ldap provider.. people like SAML/Shibboleth if they're in hyper paranoid zones.. as at no point does a username/password pass through a srvice providers clutches.
11:01 ashimema workflow to explain the above
11:01 magnuse nice
11:02 ashimema LDAP: Give me your username and password and I'll pass them along to someone who can varify they're right
11:02 ashimema SAML/Shibboleth: Go and ask so and so to tell me you are who you say you are.
11:03 ashimema thus in the shibboleth model, the service provider is never privy to such information.. they just get given a secret handshake to varify you are who you say you are..
11:03 ashimema all good fun.
11:04 ashimema (OAuth is similar to shibboleth/saml but uses a different browser side agreement system)
11:05 akafred If you use shibboleth, do you do user creation outside Koha?
11:07 akafred Also with LDAP?
11:11 ashimema your using LDAP/Active Directory or whatever as your definitive source of users.. so yes.. that's where the user should be stored
11:12 akafred Stored I understand, but created by some other mechanism, or would Koha actually create new users in LDAP (if allowed)?
11:12 ashimema You could however if you so chose to do so, have Koha's borrowers table act as you're background store of users and put a shibboleth IdP in front of it.
11:12 ashimema H,,,
11:12 ashimema I don't think Koha supports push to ldap directory
11:12 ashimema as far as I'm aware at least..
11:13 ashimema and i don't think there is a push mechanism for shibboleth.. as far as I know
11:13 akafred Ok.
11:13 ashimema I'm sure there's probably a way... but they'd need coding ;)
11:13 ashimema koha at the minute is only designed to be an Auth consumer.. not an auth provider really..
11:14 akafred Have you tried using it as a auth service/provider?
11:14 akafred I mean backed by the borrowsers table?
11:15 ashimema i.e. all the auth mechanisms are really about allowing koha to consume other's authentication.. though of course SIP2, and the API's allow for authenticating against koha thus can sort of act as a provider
11:15 ashimema I've not yet.. haven't had a customer asking for it..
11:15 akafred Ok.
11:15 akafred Good info.
11:16 ashimema Would be interested to try ;)  SimpleSamlPHP (that's that open fiede project magnus mentioned earlier) does exactly that..
11:16 ashimema it's an IdP for which you can plugin any back end database you want provided you can code a bit of php
11:21 octo19 joined #koha
11:24 octo19 Hello, we use an old version of Koha. I need to be able to find out what version of Koha we have and how easy it is to upgrade. We are having issues with edits to entires not being saved and the inability to add new entires.
11:24 octo19 Thank you in advance for any help
11:35 akafred ... and gone ... I guess the answer would have been to start by looking in the "About Koha"-page in Intra?
11:36 octo19 joined #koha
11:37 drojf akafred: try again :)
11:41 octo19 Sorry, just learning this. Is the 'About' page accessible via the web interface or only CLI?
11:43 octo19 The boss is on my tail to get these problems solved :)
11:43 drojf joined #koha
11:45 mveron octo19: Go to the 'About' page in staff client
11:47 octo19 mveron I don't see that option.
11:48 octo19 is that in CLI?
11:48 mveron Web interface
11:48 wahanui rumour has it Web interface is working right this moment
11:51 collum joined #koha
11:52 meliss joined #koha
11:53 octo19 Got it. Version
11:53 mveron :-)
11:54 octo19 However it seems the admin page is on a different version than the user interface? is that possible?
11:55 mveron What do you mean by the user interface? OPAC?
11:56 octo19 Yes
12:00 drojf why do you think it is a different version? that seems very unlikely
12:01 octo19 The admin interface looks different than OPAC
12:01 drojf well, it's a different interface :P
12:02 magnuse they do llok different, yes
12:02 mveron With 3.12 the bootstrap theme was introduced for the OPAC . It was possible to switch between different themes using a system preference. Meanwhile it is bootstrap only.
12:03 octo19 ah ok. makes more sense.
12:04 octo19 does anyone have an idea as to why the entires we edit or add do not show up?
12:05 drojf is your zebra server running? is the zebra cron job for indexing running?
12:08 octo19 How can I check that?
12:08 octo19 drojf
12:10 drojf a 'ps aux | grep zebra' could be a start. also it would be good to know what kind of installation you are using. are you using ebian packages (on debian or ubuntu)?
12:10 mveron octo19:Maybe you see on the About page a Tab "System information". If yes, the Tab "Server information" should say something about your Zebra server not running. Not sure, maybe this was introduced in a later version.
12:11 drojf *debian packages
12:14 octo19 droif it looks like it is running...we are using debian.
12:14 octo19 mveron the zebra server status on that page seems to be tells me what version of zebra, etc.
12:15 * mveron Has a meeting, sorry
12:27 cait drojf: was introduced later i think
12:27 cait hm mveron i meant
12:28 cait octo19: updating in general might be a good idea since your version is quite old, but it might not solve your issues
12:28 cait sounds like the problem might be in your setup
12:29 octo19 I think updating is my next step...I'll try that and see what happens
12:29 cait if you save records and can't search for them - the problem is most likely the zebra not being set up correctly
12:30 cait an update wouldn't fix that - but it's still not necessarily a bad idea
12:30 kmlussier joined #koha
12:32 bshum joined #koha
12:33 ngourlay joined #koha
12:33 NateC joined #koha
12:34 tcohen joined #koha
12:34 magnuse hola tcohen
12:34 tcohen hi magnuse
12:34 cait hola tcohen
12:35 tcohen akafred: yes, they presented it on KohaCon14
12:35 tcohen hi cait
12:36 octo19 so zebra controls the index and library entry portion of Koha?
12:36 cait your records are saved into the database
12:36 cait but in order to find them again, you need zebra
12:36 octo19 ah ok
12:37 cait tcohen: nice photos :)
12:37 octo19 if it wasn't obvious, I was not the one who set this up :)
12:43 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:47 magnuse hiya Dyrcona - i see you have been working on rangi's NCIPServer?
12:47 Dyrcona It's more like he was working on mine, but whatevs.... He just got there first. :)
12:48 Dyrcona We need to merge the two branches and change his code to conform to how I altered the calling conventions.
12:49 Dyrcona magnuse: Did you have any particular question in mind?
12:49 magnuse yeah, that was what i wanted to ask you about
12:50 magnuse if you had a plan for reconciling your work
12:50 magnuse i plan to contribute to/work on that code in the next 2-3 months, and it would be nice to have unified base to work on
12:51 Dyrcona OK. We'll have to bug rangi about it later to see who will do what and when.
12:51 Dyrcona I'd prefer he do the Koha side of things, 'cause I don't really know Koha that well.
12:52 magnuse at least not as well as rangi, eh? ;-)
12:52 nengard joined #koha
12:52 Dyrcona Not nearly as well as rangi... ;)
12:52 magnuse hehe
12:52 magnuse do you think it will take a lot of work?
12:53 Dyrcona A few hours, I'd imagine.
12:53 Dyrcona I could do it as long as I'm careful to make sure that the same data goes to the same calls.
12:53 Dyrcona I don't really have a system to test it with though, just Evergreen.
12:56 laurence joined #koha
12:58 magnuse Dyrcona: would you prefer to nag rangi into doing it?
12:58 Dyrcona I could, or it might mean more coming from you, particularly since you want to work on it.
12:59 Dyrcona It's tricky sometimes coordinating with the time zone differences, and it might be easier for me in that respect.
13:00 edveal joined #koha
13:00 magnuse yeah, i have very little overlap with rangi. but i could try and nag a little
13:00 mario joined #koha
13:01 magnuse and what needs to be done is merge the branch user/dyrcona/better_abstraction into master?
13:01 Dyrcona Yeah.
13:02 Dyrcona I'd probably make a new branch based on that one to make the Koha changes and then merge the new branch.
13:03 JoshB joined #koha
13:12 carmen joined #koha
13:20 magnuse Dyrcona: am i right in thinking that the ncipserver currently only really supports http(s), and that the raw support is really just a placeholder (# place holder code, just echo at the moment)?
13:20 Dyrcona Yes, that is correct.
13:21 Dyrcona I don't think anyone actually does raw NCIP.
13:21 Dyrcona All of the implementations I've ever seen use HTTP(S) as the carrier.
13:22 magnuse ok, thanks
13:22 magnuse just making sure i don't misinterpret something
13:23 Dyrcona No problem.
13:49 drojf joined #koha
13:49 drojf hello again :)
13:51 mveron hello drojf  :-)
13:57 drojf got more questions about ILL in koha in the webinar. i think it's a deal breaker :/
13:58 collum joined #koha
13:58 magnuse drojf: have you seen the work ptfs-europe have been doing?
13:59 drojf magnuse: not sure
13:59 drojf where would i find that?
14:00 Jul_ joined #koha
14:01 oleonard joined #koha
14:03 drojf magnuse: ah i guess you mean
14:05 drojf at the moment i am not sure what to do for ILL germany. it seems to be all based on a proprietary format. it's great when the ILL servers and ILS come from the same vendor ^^
14:07 magnuse yup, correct wiki page
14:07 magnuse yeah, i don't know how things work in germany
14:07 magnuse cait was part of our ill discussion in marseille, so she probably has some thoughts about it
14:10 cait huh?
14:10 cait my head is not working today
14:11 codavid joined #koha
14:11 codavid left #koha
14:11 magnuse cait: what would it take for koha to support german ill, and is the work done by ptfse a step in the right direction
14:11 magnuse i think that was the question...
14:12 cait there is not a general standard i think as it depends how you do ill and with which sevice center you are working
14:12 magnuse awesome!
14:12 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, magnuse
14:12 cait i think generally it's looking interesting
14:12 cait but hard to tell how much we could use easily
14:14 drojf cait: my findings are that slnp is standard procedure, proprietary and owned by oclc. and there is some kind of email template if slnp cannot be used.
14:15 drojf i am not sure how the email thingy works but it sounds pretty oldschool and not really like automation
14:15 cait yeah it hink you can't put slnp into koha
14:15 cait it would have to be a plugin or something... probably not public
14:16 cait unless you can get agreement from oclc
14:16 drojf i sent oclc an email asking about documentation and implementation in free software ;)
14:16 * drojf is young and wild
14:16 drojf lol
14:16 cait and?
14:16 drojf no answer yet
14:16 drojf but it was just 2 days ago
14:17 drojf i will ask wildau too. they use sisis sunrise, that's where slnp comes from. it may be possible they are doing some secret stuff about that
14:18 drojf anyway i think it's pretty bad to use a proprietary standard for that :(
14:19 magnuse drojf++
14:19 magnuse libraries should not use proprietary standards. end of discussion.
14:23 drojf cait: have you done migrations from bibliotheca2000 to koha?
14:23 cait we will, but not yet
14:24 drojf looks like it was never mentioned on the mailing list
14:27 drojf i wonder if i should hand in a talk for bibliothekartag 2016 titled something like "open access, open source, open fernleihe? use an open ILL protocol already"
14:28 * magnuse cheers drojf on
14:28 drojf heh :)
14:29 rocio joined #koha
14:43 Jul_ joined #koha
14:44 reiveune joined #koha
14:46 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #652: FAILURE in 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/652/
14:48 Jul- joined #koha
14:50 JoshB joined #koha
14:50 edveal joined #koha
14:50 tcohen joined #koha
14:50 NateC joined #koha
14:50 meliss joined #koha
14:50 magnuse joined #koha
14:50 wahanui joined #koha
14:50 ashimema joined #koha
14:50 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:57 Jul_ joined #koha
15:01 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #653: STILL FAILING in 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/653/
15:03 ribasushi joined #koha
15:07 reiveune joined #koha
15:16 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #654: STILL FAILING in 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/654/
15:22 jenkins_koha Starting build #655 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: STILL FAILING -- last SUCCESS #651 1 day 19 hr ago)
15:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #655: STILL FAILING in 1 min 23 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/655/
15:22 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add hea cron
15:22 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add links to cron to usagestats prefs
15:22 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update implementation checklist
15:22 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: delete language directories
15:23 reiveune joined #koha
15:52 reiveune joined #koha
16:49 drojf joined #koha
16:52 * drojf throws wine gums into #koha
16:54 magnuse joined #koha
16:59 laurence left #koha
17:07 * ashimema scrabbles for wine gums
17:20 cait drojf: do you have chocolate too?
17:22 drojf cait: not today. but way too salty potato chips. crisps for the british part of the channel ;)
17:22 cait hm ok
17:22 * cait runs off with the ptoato chips
17:23 drojf hey! :D
17:24 drojf be careful. they are really salty. meh
17:48 paul_p joined #koha
17:54 fridolin left #koha
18:01 rocio joined #koha
18:03 collum|2 joined #koha
18:09 mtompset joined #koha
18:10 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
18:10 mtompset @seen gmcharlt
18:10 huginn mtompset: gmcharlt was last seen in #koha 1 day, 6 hours, 5 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <gmcharlt> slef++
18:58 mveron joined #koha
18:59 mveron Hi again #koha
19:00 drojf hi mveron
19:00 wahanui hi mveron are you ther yet
19:00 mveron hi drojf
19:00 drojf i followupped bug 13826
19:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13826 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , OPAC: Display RSS icon on list of recent comments
19:00 Viktor joined #koha
19:00 drojf maybe you want so signoff too
19:01 drojf because i added a slash
19:01 drojf i squashed it together
19:02 mveron Oh, thanks. It was to early in he morning....
19:04 * cait is still trying to read the meeting minutes
19:04 cait very slow today
19:04 drojf mveron: to test just see if the text after the rss icon is the same size (it was bigger with your patch)
19:05 mveron drojf: Yeah, looks OK now...
19:09 mtompset Greetings, mveron drojf cait.
19:09 mveron Hi mtompset :-)
19:09 drojf hi mtompset
19:10 * mveron ...goes back to Bug 13813 ...  Still lot stuff to be done...
19:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13813 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Remove deprecated module C4::Dates from system
19:10 mtompset Anyone have ideas on how to tweak a string into a utf8 one?
19:12 drojf mveron++ # wow you already did a lot of them
19:12 mveron :-)
19:14 mveron drojf: This set is easy to test, because the patches do not depend from each other.
19:17 mveron mtompset: What do you want to do?
19:18 mtompset mveron: I have an XLS spreadsheet. There are some funky characters in it.
19:18 mtompset I am using Spreadsheet::ParseExcel to read it.
19:18 mtompset And then building a MARCXML file.
19:19 mtompset the problem is these characters aren't being read/converted properly.
19:19 mtompset For example.
19:19 mtompset Gazlavay a wuɗndakwar kalah, Yaa sərkakwa mey ŋga Gazlavay = Dieu nous aime beaucoup, Nous apprenons la Parole de Dieu
19:19 mtompset That's what Dumper should show.
19:20 mtompset Gazlavay a wuWndakwar kalah, Yaa sYrkakwa mey Kga Gazlavay = Dieu nous aime beaucoup, Nous apprenons la Parole de Dieu
19:20 mtompset That is what Dumper does show
19:20 mtompset The W, for example, is a CTRL+B and W.
19:22 mveron mtompset: I would try to save from Excel to a csv file and see what happens there. Or open / save it with LibreOffice with various settings.
19:22 mveron Is it just one file or is it a repeating task?
19:22 * mveron does not like Excel very much
19:25 mtompset Not helpful... the CSV loses the information.
19:25 drojf mtompset: ?
19:26 mtompset That's only partly helped?
19:26 mtompset I did look there.
19:26 mtompset I got one string working, but not all of them.
19:26 drojf hrm
19:27 drojf encoding is one of the worst problems of our time ;)
19:27 mtompset AMEN to that!
19:30 mveron mtompset: But it displays OK in Excel?
19:31 magnuse joined #koha
19:31 mtompset Yes.
19:31 mveron Maybe[…]when-saving-files
19:33 mveron They say that thre is a bug in Excel, workaround is use OpenOffice Calc and then export as CSV file (edit filter settings, choose UTF-8 encoding).
19:34 carmen joined #koha
19:34 m23 joined #koha
19:37 mtompset I'll try something later. Schedule is demanding I go pick up my wife.
19:37 mtompset Thanks for the ideas at least.
19:37 mveron Welcome :-)
19:37 mtompset Have a great day, #koha mveron drojf cait
19:39 * magnuse waves again
19:40 mveron Hi magnuse
19:41 magnuse hiya mveron
19:47 meliss joined #koha
20:19 paul_p joined #koha
20:51 carmen_webinar left #koha
20:51 carmen joined #koha
20:52 mveron Good night / daytime #koha
20:52 nengard left #koha
21:07 magnuse rangi: around?
21:08 rangi yup
21:08 rangi morning
21:11 magnuse kia ora!
21:12 magnuse rangi: do you have plans for how to merge the work Dyrcona has done on NCIPserver into master?
21:17 magnuse specifically the user/dyrcona/better_abstraction branch
21:17 rangi its a matter of round tuit
21:17 rangi i have tests in t/
21:17 rangi they need to be increased
21:17 rangi then merge the changes, and check all the tests still pass, and fix where they dont
21:17 rangi is the basic plan
21:18 rangi its unlikely to happen in the nearish future as i have no funding to do more ncip work
21:18 magnuse i'll send you some tuits when i find mine
21:18 rangi and i have more interesting thigns to do in my free time :)
21:18 rangi yeah that all looks good to me
21:18 magnuse lol
21:19 rangi (the better abstraction)
21:19 magnuse i have had some trouble getting the tests to run, but i probably have to play a bit more with environment variables
21:20 magnuse i need to add some more services, so it would be nice to do that on top of a consolidated project...
21:21 magnuse oh and i found a bug in templates/ - the nesting of xml elements and tt directives is a little off
21:22 magnuse so at least if there is no processingerror, the output is not well formed xml
21:22 rangi ah yep
21:24 magnuse would you like me to email you patches for things like that, or put the code on gitorious and get pull requests or wuld you rather not be bothered?
21:26 rangi patches would be fine
21:26 rangi i need to set up one day
21:26 rangi but that wont be today
21:26 rangi sometime before they turned it off tho
21:26 magnuse or maybe Dyrcona would like to take the lead...
21:26 magnuse turned it off?
21:27 rangi[…]will-shut-june-1/
21:27 magnuse ouch
21:27 rangi least its agpvl3 so i can just run my own
21:27 magnuse yay!
21:27 rangi manage if they turned off github
21:27 rangi imagine even
21:27 rangi (they are turning off google code)
21:27 rangi too
21:27 magnuse hehe, yeah, that would not be good...
21:27 rangi http://google-opensource.blogs[…]-google-code.html
21:28 magnuse wow
21:29 magnuse even more people going to github then, probably
21:30 magnuse oh rangi, one more thing about ncip... did you say NCIPServer as it stands today can only act as a server, not a client?
21:30 rangi thats right
21:30 magnuse (not sure those are the correct terms for ncip)
21:30 magnuse hm, i need it to be both
21:31 magnuse that will probably be interesting...
21:31 rangi you want it to initiate ncip requests too?
21:31 magnuse yup
21:31 rangi id do that as a separate project
21:31 rangi they are quite different
21:32 rangi but you might subtree in the NCIP libs
21:32 rangi there are a lot of ncip clients already
21:33 magnuse hm, i'll have to do some more research on that, then
21:33 rangi basically a client just writes xml messages
21:33 rangi and sends them to a server
21:34 rangi and gets another xml message back
21:35 magnuse sounds simple enough - how hard can it be ;-)
21:35 rangi heh
21:36 rangi for koha, id do it with TT
21:37 magnuse yeah, i like that approach
21:40 magnus_mobile joined #koha
21:41 eythian hi
21:41 magnus_mobile sorry about that, laptop ran out of juice
21:42 eythian @wunder nzwn
21:42 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 21.0°C (10:30 AM NZDT on March 13, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.95 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
21:44 magnus_mobile @wunder boo
21:44 huginn magnus_mobile: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 3.0°C (10:00 PM CET on March 12, 2015). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Falling).
21:47 magnus_mobile thanks for your input rangi. i better catch some sleep
21:47 magnus_mobile have fun!
21:47 rangi sleep well
21:58 BobB joined #koha
22:04 edveal left #koha
22:09 ngourlay joined #koha
22:11 dcook joined #koha
22:12 rtm joined #koha
22:12 * rtm slaps burdsjm around a bit with a large fishbot
22:13 rtm hello
22:13 burdsjm hello!
22:13 rtm Hi!
22:13 rtm this is an active channel?
22:13 eythian yep
22:13 burdsjm yep
22:13 eythian sometimes, anyway
22:14 rtm you discuss here problems and questions about koha?
22:14 burdsjm it's more of a read this chat and question my choice of profession
22:14 burdsjm channel
22:14 burdsjm absolutely
22:14 rtm ok
22:15 rtm thanks
22:15 burdsjm I do more in the ByWater Support channel
22:15 rtm i will check the channel logs
22:15 burdsjm Who is your provider?
22:15 rtm no
22:15 burdsjm then this is it :)
22:16 rtm i'm just interested in learning about koha
22:16 rtm ok :)
22:17 burdsjm well welcome!
22:17 wahanui Welcome to
22:17 rtm thanks
22:18 PabloAB joined #koha
22:19 eythian it does sound that way, yeah
22:20 eythian hmm, I'm losing some messages from the koha list
22:21 rangi getting spam filtered?
22:21 rangi i got all of the recent ones
22:22 eythian one was
22:22 eythian e.g. that 'database error' thread, I'm missing my reply and David's first reply, but got his second.
22:24 rangi hmm i seem to have them all
22:25 eythian weird
22:32 PabloAB Hi
22:32 eythian hi
22:32 wahanui bonjour, eythian
22:32 PabloAB I recently add a new bug report (13829 Syntax highlighter on source code textareas). Just playing around now...
22:33 eythian bug 13829
22:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Syntax highlighter on source code textareas
22:33 eythian not a bad idea
22:33 PabloAB I cant find a syspref or easy/elegant way to add a jquery plugin to head html tag...
22:34 eythian I don't know if the head block is user modifiable
22:34 PabloAB befor jumping directly to code
22:36 PabloAB hmm, that's what I'm looking for .Then I can just add CSS and JS code via sysprefs
22:36 rangi nope afaik the head is in an include
22:36 rangi i dont think you can touch it with a syspref
22:39 PabloAB Just for a moment I thought jquery/plugins/jquery.highlight-3.js could help me... maybe this plugin could be replaced for other one that do the full job
22:39 rangi perhaps yep
22:39 PabloAB anyway, thanks a lot for the answer :)
23:23 papa joined #koha
23:28 cait left #koha
23:54 JoshB joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary