IRC log for #koha, 2012-04-25

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 libsysguy joined #koha
00:43 melia left #koha
02:05 druthb joined #koha
02:06 druthb o/
03:45 vkm joined #koha
03:45 vkm hello good morning all
04:22 vkm i am using Book(BK) for field 942$c than dividing it into three item type if there are 3 copy of the same book in field 952 as reference, Book, General but at the time of searching BOOK only in opac system gives result of all but when restricting with reference system gives only reference item please tell me why, is it may be bcz BOOK is comonly used in bibli
04:37 Oak joined #koha
05:16 cait joined #koha
05:16 cait hi #koha
05:16 adnc joined #koha
05:45 vkm joined #koha
05:57 vkm hello all
06:02 vkm i use 942c for material type (BOOK) and if there are many copy we divide it in Reference, Book bank, Books in field 952 type but at the time of searching Book only from opac it shows reference, book bank, books also but work well when selecting reference only
06:05 vkm i want to also clarify that BOOK type is common in biblio
06:08 vkm should i keep (BOOK) for only 942 and make separate for 952 fields instead of using code of 942c
06:08 laurence joined #koha
06:25 francharb joined #koha
06:25 francharb good morning
06:28 cait hi francharb :)
06:29 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:29 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 7.9°C (8:24 AM CEST on April 25, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
06:30 cait hmmm
06:34 alex_a bonjour
06:43 laurence joined #koha
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:46 Oak joined #koha
06:46 Oak kia ora #koha
06:48 julian_m joined #koha
06:48 cait left #koha
06:48 asaurat joined #koha
06:51 julian_m hello
06:51 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:51 magnuse @wunder boo
06:51 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 4.0°C (8:20 AM CEST on April 25, 2012). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 1.0°C. Pressure: 29.71 in 1006 hPa (Steady).
06:52 Guillaume joined #koha
06:56 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:56 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 12.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on April 25, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 62%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Rising).
06:56 magnuse ooh
06:57 Oak magnuse
07:00 magnuse Oak
07:00 magnuse :-)
07:07 esofiane joined #koha
07:07 Guillaume left #koha
07:08 esofiane Hi everybody
07:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:14 kf joined #koha
07:15 kf good morning #koha
07:15 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:15 esofiane joined #koha
07:18 sophie_m hi #koha
07:18 magnuse bonjour sophie_m
07:18 sophie_m hello magnuse
07:19 samuel joined #koha
07:19 samuel hello everybody!
07:20 magnuse hiya samuel
07:23 rangi evening
07:23 kf evening rangi
07:27 magnuse ata marie rangi
07:31 rangi
07:34 magnuse not quite up to date?
07:34 magnuse but cool anyway
07:35 rangi nope quite old, but yeah cool anyway :)
08:41 magnuse can your ILS do this?
08:41 magnuse ;-)
08:43 kf oh - yeah that's a good video :)
09:03 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
09:03 Amit_Gupta heya gaetan_B
09:03 wahanui gaetan_B is probably looking at bug 7693
09:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7693 minor, P5 - low, ---, gaetan.boisson, Pushed to Master , clear screen button misaligned
09:03 Amit_Gupta heya wahanui
09:05 kf forget gaetan_B
09:05 wahanui kf: I forgot gaetan_b
09:06 kf gaetan_B works at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat
09:06 kf gaetan_B is working at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat
09:06 kf gaetan_B?
09:06 wahanui gaetan_B is, like, working at Biblibre and did the nice new start page together with asaurat
09:06 gaetan_B :)
09:07 * gaetan_B is at an important meeting ;)
09:14 kf oh?
09:14 kf gaetan_B: asking for a raise? ;)
09:16 hdl joined #koha
09:24 clrh hello
09:25 kf hi clrh and hdl :)
09:28 magnuse bonjour!
09:38 Guillaume joined #koha
09:38 Guillaume left #koha
10:03 Amit_Gupta heya kf hdl :)
10:33 user_ joined #koha
10:34 narcisgarcia Hello all, I'm trying to install Koha in a Debian 6 server, and I have some doubt to ask.
10:35 narcisgarcia I'm at this point:
10:35 narcisgarcia[…]ueeze#Quick_Start
10:36 narcisgarcia And I don't find anywhere documented the variables DOMAIN, INTRAPORT, INTRAPREFIX, INTRASUFFIX.
10:37 narcisgarcia - Can I specify "*" to accept any domain?
10:37 narcisgarcia - What means the proposed value "-intra" for INTRASUFFIX?
10:38 narcisgarcia My installation is to be used from internet and LAN.
10:39 Oak joined #koha
10:43 narcisgarcia Hello Oak
10:43 Oak hello narcisgarcia
10:44 narcisgarcia I'm trying to install Koha in a Debian 6 server, and I have some doubt to ask.
10:44 Oak okay, i'll try to help
10:44 narcisgarcia I'm at this point:
10:44 narcisgarcia[…]ueeze#Quick_Start
10:44 narcisgarcia And I don't find anywhere documented the variables DOMAIN, INTRAPORT, INTRAPREFIX, INTRASUFFIX.
10:46 Oak what do you get when you type http://localhost on your browser
10:47 narcisgarcia "The requested URL / was not found on this server."
10:48 narcisgarcia (is not localhost; another server)
10:48 Oak is it a remote server?
10:48 narcisgarcia Can help me some of the utilities which I see installed on /usr/sbin/ ?
10:49 narcisgarcia Yes, I'm on my desktop making the installation on a remote web server.
10:49 Oak on Internet or on a local neteork?
10:50 narcisgarcia My installation is to be used from internet and LAN, but I'm now working on internet.
10:51 narcisgarcia DOMAIN: Can I specify "*" to accept any domain?
10:52 Oak sorry, I have never done that, and I am not sure how you are doing that... your server has an Internet IP? anyway, i hope someone might be able to help...
10:52 narcisgarcia (this is a strange channel, with 45 silent users)
10:53 narcisgarcia Yes, of course my server has a public IP and I can associate internet domain names to it.
10:53 narcisgarcia Oak, thanks for the try.
10:54 narcisgarcia Are you looking for other help?
10:56 Oak what do you mean?
10:57 narcisgarcia I understand that this is a Koha support channel. Do you need support?
10:58 Oak are you a troll?
10:59 * Oak goes for lunch
10:59 narcisgarcia Am I wrong in some detail?
10:59 narcisgarcia What come to do the 40+ users connected to this channel?
11:00 narcisgarcia I'm trying to use a software and I came to a support resource advertised in the community web.
11:01 narcisgarcia Simple.
11:02 narcisgarcia Once seen that this IRC channel doesn't work, I'm going to try with a mailing list/forum.
11:02 liw much of the Koha community is in the US (still asleep) or in NZ/Australia (going to sleep if not asleep already); Europeans are probalby having lunch right now, and that's why it's silent here
11:03 kf liw++
11:03 liw however, being pushy and aggressive when asking for advice from a community is often a good way to cause resentment in those who would help
11:03 narcisgarcia Yes, I'm in Europe. But when I go to sleep I don't leave chat connections on, in the same way I don't leave a phone call open.
11:04 kf narcisgarcia: it's different here
11:04 kf a lotof people stay connected
11:04 kf and a lot of people are at work too
11:04 narcisgarcia Ok.
11:04 liw my e-mail server accepts messages even when I am asleep; so does my irc client
11:05 kf I think you are installing using hte packages, so perhaps this is of some help for you
11:05 kf packages?
11:05 wahanui it has been said that packages is at
11:05 narcisgarcia The sense of a chat is the live talking.
11:05 narcisgarcia Thanks.
11:05 narcisgarcia Yes, I've used the repository documented in the wiki
11:06 narcisgarcia deb squeeze main
11:06 magnuse narcisgarcia:[…]e_Debian_packages
11:06 magnuse that gives you an overview of what the koha-*commands do
11:06 narcisgarcia A Koha instance is like an Apache site profile?
11:07 magnuse yeah, similar
11:07 magnuse you can have many instances on the same server
11:08 narcisgarcia Then I need to remove default Apache profile, If I will not use any other service in the same server?
11:08 magnuse disabling the default apache site is a good idea, yes
11:08 magnuse if you are not using it for something else
11:08 narcisgarcia This Debian server i installed only for Koha.
11:09 magnuse do you have a domain name for the server that you are installing on?
11:09 magnuse ok
11:10 narcisgarcia Yes, I have an internet domain name, but Does koha allow to use different domains or subdomains?
11:10 magnuse using subdomains is usually a good idea
11:10 magnuse you can have
11:11 magnuse the variables you asked about are for telling koha-create what you want the urls of the opac and the intranet to be
11:11 narcisgarcia And ?
11:11 magnuse you can have as many subdomains with koha on them as you want, yes
11:12 narcisgarcia And can I allow any name (*)?
11:12 magnuse no
11:12 magnuse you have to give each instance a name, and that will corespond to a subdomain
11:12 magnuse so lets say your domain is
11:12 magnuse you can then create an instance called koha1 and have that available as
11:13 magnuse to do that you have to set DOMAIN=""
11:13 narcisgarcia If I specify DOMAIN=".net" then I can create an instance "example" for an URL" ?
11:13 magnuse if you then create koha2, it will become
11:13 magnuse hm, i never tried that, but yes i think that should work
11:14 narcisgarcia I need to create "koha2.example" to result in , right?
11:14 magnuse i think i would do it the first way
11:15 narcisgarcia Then, the minimum domain expression is the top level (.net .org ...)
11:15 narcisgarcia Ok.
11:16 magnuse if you want one koha site at and another at, i think you first need to set DOMAIN=".net" and create an instance "example", then set DOMAIN="" and create an instance called "koha"
11:16 magnuse now, koha has two interfaces
11:16 narcisgarcia Then, in the "Quick Start" step of the wiki guide for 3.6, I better can avoid editing "/etc/koha/koha-sites.conf" and use  koha-create, right?
11:17 magnuse as far as i rememeber, you have to create /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf
11:17 narcisgarcia What implies "one interface" or "two interfaces" ? Will share the same database, or will be a "multisite" use of Koha (unrelated between)
11:17 narcisgarcia ?
11:17 magnuse no, each installation has two interfaces with the same database
11:17 magnuse one interface for the public and one for the librarians
11:18 magnuse what most people do is run the librarian interface on port 8080
11:18 magnuse but you could also run it on e.g.
11:18 narcisgarcia Ok, there is not a link like "librarian login" in the same public interface...
11:18 magnuse INTRAPORT, INTRAPREFIX and INTRASUFFIX are for telling koha-create what you want it to be
11:19 magnuse no, no link from the public interface to the librarian interface
11:19 narcisgarcia Then, better I can make a +
11:20 narcisgarcia And both will share the same file /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf ?
11:20 narcisgarcia It's right for me to use only the port 80.
11:20 magnuse not /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf, but /etc/koha/sites/yoursitename/koha-conf.xml
11:21 magnuse there is a small problem there, though
11:21 narcisgarcia in[…]on_Debian_Squeeze talks only about /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf
11:21 magnuse you can't tell koha-create to create totally different subdomains
11:21 magnuse for koha1 it can create and e.g.
11:22 magnuse but you can always tweak the apache site configuration afterwards
11:22 narcisgarcia They are different same as my last example.
11:22 magnuse if you want to change from to
11:23 magnuse ah, i might have misread you
11:23 narcisgarcia Oook, the INTRASUFFIX is to add a suffix to the subdomain word (?)
11:23 magnuse yes!
11:23 narcisgarcia Strange design in Koha.
11:23 magnuse hehe
11:23 magnuse you're wlcome to suggest improvements! :-)
11:24 liw there's a Koha hackfest coming up in Edinburgh, June; improving the initial setup of stuff with the Debian packages would be a good thing to work on, perhaps
11:25 narcisgarcia Improvement to suggest: replace current variables for: PUBLICPORT, PUBLICDOMAIN, ADMINPORT, ADMINDOMAIN.
11:25 mtj narcisgarcia: these installation tools are not Koha - they are separate from Koha
11:25 narcisgarcia OK.
11:25 magnuse mtj: not sure i'd agree with that :-)
11:26 mtj so, strange design in 3rd-party Koha installation tools... ;)
11:26 * liw takes full blame for this :-)
11:26 magnuse how are they 3-rd party?
11:26 narcisgarcia As I understand until now, /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf is a template to be used by  koha-create, right?
11:26 magnuse narcisgarcia: yup
11:27 mtj magnuse: the install tools do not exist in the Koha git repo
11:27 magnuse mtj: yes they do
11:27 narcisgarcia Then I need first to setup /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf and after run koha-create anyway.
11:27 magnuse yup
11:27 mtj oops :) really?
11:28 magnuse mtj:[…]3a40661a6;hb=HEAD
11:28 magnuse moahaha ;-)
11:28 mtj aah, i take that back then! :)
11:28 magnuse ;-)
11:28 narcisgarcia The INTRA* variables only refer to librarian interface and doesn't affect to public acces, right?
11:28 liw is Koha packaged for any other distro than Debian? might be good to generalize those scripts if so
11:28 * magnuse thinks liw deserves a ton of credit, not blame!
11:29 mtj ok, now i shut up... :)
11:29 magnuse narcisgarcia: correct
11:29 kf liw: I don't think is is currently
11:29 magnuse liw: rangi has some packages for ubuntu somewhere, but i think those are the only ones
11:29 narcisgarcia I'm more happy now, thanks to magnuse. I will contribute to this part of the wiki.
11:29 magnuse narcisgarcia++
11:31 narcisgarcia One detail: If I create two instances, they share the database, but they are independent libraries with independent books?
11:32 magnuse no, two instances have separate databases
11:32 kf they are completely independent
11:32 magnuse but you can have more then one library in one instance
11:32 narcisgarcia Ok, It's only a possibility.
11:33 nengard joined #koha
11:33 magnuse kia ora nengard
11:33 nengard goo morning
11:33 nengard or
11:33 nengard good morning
11:33 narcisgarcia Setting INTRAPORT to X, will also the public interface use this port?
11:33 nengard :)
11:33 magnuse goo morning sounds fun too ;-)
11:33 narcisgarcia nengard, good morning.
11:33 kf narcisgarcia: no, only the intranet
11:33 kf not the opac
11:34 narcisgarcia The public interface always use the port 80?
11:34 magnuse the public interface has to be on port 80
11:34 magnuse narcisgarcia: yes
11:34 kf you can enforce login for search with the configuraton, if you are worried about that
11:36 Oak joined #koha
11:36 magnuse Oak
11:37 narcisgarcia Ok, comments added to:
11:37 narcisgarcia[…]ueeze#Quick_Start
11:38 magnuse nice
11:40 jwagner joined #koha
11:42 narcisgarcia Can I use a dot "." in INTRAPREFIX ? For example "admin." ?
11:43 Oak magnuse
11:43 narcisgarcia Then get (public) and (librarians)
11:43 Oak magnuse, can I make barcode appear on OPAC search result?
11:43 Oak wait, found a result in google
11:44 mtj narcisgarcia:  you can configure your koha urls to be as weird as you want them too
11:44 mtj well, as weird as apache will allow them to be
11:44 magnuse narcisgarcia: i think that should work yes
11:45 mtj ... and on any ports you want too
11:45 magnuse Oak: not sure
11:45 Oak hmm
11:45 magnuse well, i'm pretty sure you can't display the barcode
11:46 magnuse unless yu use 3.8 and create images for the barcodes that you display with the new supper cool "local images" functionality
11:47 Oak magnuse, http://koha.1045719.n5.nabble.[…]ay-td4983784.html
11:47 Oak that was in Nov 14, 2011
11:47 Oak it should have been in 3.6.4, no?
11:47 jcamins_away Oak: that's only for logged-in users.
11:48 jcamins_away Also, that's on the details page not the results page.
11:48 Oak nah i know that one
11:48 Oak the guy with the question was talking about what i want
11:49 magnuse ah, why was i thinking barcode-as-image?
11:49 jcamins_away magnuse: 'cause it's cool?
11:49 Oak to display on opac results without logging in
11:49 magnuse jcamins_away: yeah, probably
11:49 jcamins_away Oak: yes, that can't be done.
11:49 Oak why not?
11:49 Oak i mean there must be some good reason?
11:49 jcamins_away No one has cared enough to add it.
11:49 Oak ah okay.
11:50 jcamins_away No, there's no reason not to do it, it's just that no one has wanted it. ;)
11:50 magnuse you could add it by editing the xslt for opac results, i guess?
11:50 jcamins_away Yeah, that'd work.
11:50 jcamins_away Well, sort of.
11:50 magnuse or is the item info not available to that?
11:50 jcamins_away Multiple items would make things really ugly.
11:50 magnuse yup
11:50 jcamins_away Item info is available.
11:50 magnuse ok
11:50 mtj Oak:  that feature has not been submitted to Koha yet
11:50 Oak hmmm
11:51 jcamins_away If OSS Labs submits their code, you should definitely test it and sign off if it works.
11:51 mtj hmm, Savitra says Nucsoft has submitted a patch
11:52 Oak well, I'm about to print barcodes on a sticker sheet, and was wondering how to paste them... i mean a staff member should be able to type the barcode into opac, see the book title, and copy number, and paste that barcode on the book.
11:52 vkm joined #koha
11:52 vkm hello all
11:52 Oak by staff member i mean a data entry guy...
11:52 jcamins_away Oak: why don't you have the staff member use the intranet?
11:52 Oak who does not know Koha
11:52 mtj ... but Savitra gives no bug number
11:53 jcamins_away mtj: I have not seen anything like that submitted in the last few years.
11:53 Oak jcamins_away, well yes i'll teach him how to find out the barcodes in intranet then. yes that's the only way.
11:53 jcamins_away Oak: it's no harder than the OPAC.
11:53 Oak i know
11:53 mtj bug 6774
11:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6774 enhancement, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, amit.gupta, Failed QA , Display barcode on OPAC detail page
11:54 Oak search an item, click "Add/Edit Items", click "Edit" on each copy ...
11:54 jcamins_away mtj: that's the details page, not the results page.
11:54 mtj but is OPAC display page only - not search-results page
11:54 jcamins_away Oak: no...
11:54 vkm i am using 942 for type of book and separating in 952 in case of multi copy like reference reserve etc
11:55 mtj jcamins_away:  yep :)
11:55 Oak is their an easier way jcamins_away ? less steps?
11:55 jcamins_away Oak: yes, just view the record in the intranet.
11:55 jcamins_away Easy as pie.
11:55 vkm but at the time of searching by limiting book only it shows all reserve reference
11:56 jcamins_away There's a table with item information on the regular view in the intranet that lists all the barcodes.
11:56 vkm but if i limit by reserve,reference it shows only that
11:57 Oak jcamins_away, yes! awesome.
11:57 Oak this will do.
11:57 jcamins_away :)
11:58 magnuse jcamins++
11:58 vkm 942 i am using in biblio record as a book only than separating in 952 like reference
11:59 Oak jcamins++
11:59 vkm book (BK) is used in 942 and 952 both
12:00 vkm should i not use BK code in 952
12:02 vkm i think book is commonly used for biblio record for material type so it is searching all reference, reserve etc when i limit by book
12:03 vkm please reply i think the 942 item is commonly used for all the items in code 952 under one biblio record
12:05 vkm so when i limit the search by 942 (BOOK) under which there are several type of books like reserve,reference in 952 so it shows like that
12:07 kf vkm: 942 is only a default value, if your item-level_itypes system preference is set to specific item
12:07 kf vk
12:07 kf there are differnt ways to work with Koha, the system preference is crucial
12:07 kf if you want to have different itemtypes for the items on one record
12:07 kf set it to specific items and (almost) forget about 942
12:08 narcisgarcia Oops, in the wiki talks about /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf but in the man page says /etc/koha/koha-site.conf (without the "s")
12:08 kf if you see weird behaviour perhaps your system preference is set to the wrong value?
12:08 magnuse narcisgarcia: looks like a typo
12:08 vkm means 942c is not mandatory
12:09 narcisgarcia Which is the correct? With "s" or without?
12:09 magnuse narcisgarcia: let me check
12:10 magnuse narcisgarcia: /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf is correct
12:10 narcisgarcia Ok, then the man page for koha-create is to be corrected.
12:10 narcisgarcia Thanks.
12:11 magnuse narcisgarcia: want to report a bug for it?
12:11 vkm at present what i am doing is i made 942c as books and in 952 i am assigning reference because material is related to book
12:12 Amit_Gupta heya magnuse
12:13 magnuse hi Amit_Gupta
12:14 narcisgarcia magnuse, Does that installation of bugzilla publish the email addresses?
12:15 narcisgarcia (for my previous bad experiences with that software)
12:15 magnuse yeah, they do show up
12:15 francharb hi all
12:15 francharb i got a zebra questoin
12:15 magnuse narcisgarcia: i can report the bug if you dn't want to
12:16 francharb is it possible to create an index on a part of the leader?
12:16 francharb (what a question!)
12:16 narcisgarcia magnuse, thanks.
12:16 JesseM joined #koha
12:16 francharb s/leader/biblio leader
12:17 vkm please tell me 942 is mandatory
12:17 narcisgarcia I've read that "marc21" is a fusion of MARC from USA and Canada, and allowing Unicode. "unimarc" is another revision used in Europe (Unicode?). And I suppose "nomarc" refers to don't use MARC standards, right?
12:18 vkm field 942c in koha
12:18 francharb narcisgarcia, nope
12:18 francharb nomarc is for norway marc
12:19 narcisgarcia It's for ZEBRA_MARC_FORMAT
12:19 narcisgarcia Ok for the last one.
12:19 francharb ;)
12:20 magnuse narcisgarcia: it's noRmarc :-)
12:20 narcisgarcia Aha, left the "r"
12:20 magnuse Bug 8008
12:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8008 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, NEW , Typo in man page for koha-create
12:21 narcisgarcia Is MARC21 designed observing UNIMARC, is UNIMARC designed observing MARC21, or are independent forks?
12:21 laurence left #koha
12:22 vkm please advice i have same 3 books have reference,reserve and general book how to enter it
12:23 vkm i am using 942c for biblio record and dividing it in 952 as reference, reserve
12:24 vkm but For general book i use same code as 942c
12:25 kf narcisgarcia: where are you located?
12:26 narcisgarcia In Spain
12:26 kf narcisgarcia: if you want to use unimarc or marc21 will depend on that :)
12:26 kf hmnot sure about spain
12:26 vkm india
12:26 kf unimarc is used in italy and in france I think, germany is using marc21
12:26 kf vkm: I tried to explain it
12:26 narcisgarcia I'm installing Koha for an international library network, and I need that supports a lot of different materials.
12:27 kf vkm: if you use itemtypes on item level, it's not really important what you set in 942 - use the most common itemtype there
12:27 kf narcisgarcia: there are differences in unimarc and marc21 but both support lots of different materials
12:27 narcisgarcia I prefer to use the most flexible and wide used variant of MARC than using the local preferred.
12:28 kf it depends really on which sources you want to use, for exampl library of congress will provide records in mARC21
12:28 kf like the german national library
12:28 kf I think perhaps use marc21 then
12:29 narcisgarcia MARC21/UNIMARC variants affect to string encode or also to fields?
12:29 kf no both are utf8
12:29 kf if that was the queston
12:29 dgl-library joined #koha
12:30 kf I think marc21 should be right according to this:
12:30 dgl-library Hi #koha
12:30 narcisgarcia Then it's a field definition matter...
12:30 kf ... the Biblioteca Nacional de España (National Library of Spain) has decided to adopt the MARC 21 format...
12:30 narcisgarcia Hello dgl-library
12:30 kf narcisgarcia: fields are different for both formats
12:30 tajoli joined #koha
12:30 kf perhaps if you migrate data it's worth finding out what you get from the libraries
12:30 narcisgarcia And in France... what do they use?
12:30 kf UNIMARC
12:31 dgl-library I've got a question about MARC frameworks… We're using the Quick framework, and I'd like to add a MARC field from the Default framework. But it has many subfields. Is there any easy way to import that MARC field into the Quick framework with all the subfields?
12:31 kf but overall Ithink marc21 is more widely used... from what I know
12:31 narcisgarcia Deustchland MARC21, France UNIMARC, España MARC21,... Europe mixed.
12:31 kf dgl-library: no sorry, you can't copy fields over
12:31 kf narcisgarcia: it's the way standards work it seems
12:31 kf ...
12:32 vkm where is the option to set item type in system preference
12:32 kf dgl-library: have you tried the export options for frameworks? you can use spreadsheets for editing, that makes it a bit faster
12:32 tajoli Or you can use SQL
12:32 dgl-library kf: wow. so I have to do it step by step? it could take ……… uh, no, I didn't know about that
12:32 NateC joined #koha
12:32 dgl-library tajoli: another option!
12:32 wahanui another option is to use the packages
12:32 kf dgl-library: which verion of koha are you using?
12:32 kf wahanui: not this time :)
12:32 wahanui kf: excuse me?
12:33 vkm ok i got kf
12:33 dgl-library kf: the current stable release. (3.6.??)
12:33 dgl-library
12:33 tajoli SQL is fast but you can do big mistakes
12:33 kf dgl-library: only checking you have the feature - it's in there :)
12:34 kf it was introduced with 3.6
12:34 dgl-library kf: thanks, I'll give it a try, I think
12:34 dgl-library One more question: Our staff client is working fine, but there is no OPAC. How do I turn it on?
12:35 vkm dear kf item type is set to specific
12:35 magnuse bug 8008 is a super-easy signoff, just saying :-)
12:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8008 trivial, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Fix typo in man page for koha-create
12:36 Oak magnuse++
12:36 magnuse yay!
12:36 vkm already in system preference my question is i am using same item code BK in 942c and 952 also at tha same time under same record use REF for reference also
12:37 vkm circulation fines are workinfg fine
12:37 narcisgarcia All european countries around Spain use UNIMARC (France, Portugal, Italia). Probably I'll use MARC21 because of matching libraries in Spain and may be more wide used in the world (?)
12:38 vkm but when i limit to search by BK Book item opac shows those record which is having REF only
12:38 slef narcisgarcia: no, UK uses MARC21.
12:38 narcisgarcia There is a lot of water between UK and ES.
12:39 slef narcisgarcia: so what? We're still Europe.
12:39 narcisgarcia (without floating libraries)
12:39 vkm but i have used BK in all record in 942c
12:39 * slef goes to lunch
12:39 dgl-library kf: I really need to register with Bugzilla. Found a bug: Export to OpenDocument spreadsheet yields a zero-kb file.
12:40 dgl-library kf: but the other formats worked fine.
12:40 narcisgarcia Where I am, I can go on bycicle to a french library and return to spain the same morning.
12:40 dgl-library kf: so thanks!
12:40 dgl-library narcisgarcia: ¡presumido!
12:40 vkm please tell me 942c is mandatory
12:40 narcisgarcia dgl-library: no, it's because we are very near.
12:40 narcisgarcia (and this makes to doubt about UNIMARC)
12:41 dgl-library narcisgarcia: only joking
12:41 narcisgarcia Of course...
12:41 slef dgl-library: kf: does bugzilla not allow openID login yet? :(
12:42 slef vkm: default item type 942$c is pretty much mandatory but imported records often omit it.
12:42 narcisgarcia Going to lunch... have a nice day.
12:42 slef narcisgarcia: yes, but not to Italy from any part of Spain.
12:43 dgl-library narcisgarcia: lunch in which country today?
12:43 narcisgarcia Well, to Italy I can go with own car in the same time.
12:43 vkm if i have 3 copy of same book , reference, reserve, general book for issue now how to enter it
12:44 narcisgarcia I'm going to lunch in the spanish time (near Italy, and seeing the same sea)
12:44 talljoy joined #koha
12:45 vkm at present under one record i entered as in 942c BOOK than in 952 as Reference,reserve and again BOOK
12:45 narcisgarcia As I said , I'll probably use MARC21, and probably in UK will use the Euro currency... he, he..
12:46 vkm and if i have only one reference book than again i used 942c for book than in 952 used reference
12:52 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "need report help with a report we can run tho find out the average fine paid by anyone whose fines for the year were over $2" (19 lines) at
12:53 dgl-library kf: in the exported XML document, it only shows the MARC field, but not all the subfields
12:54 slef bah lunch not ready
12:55 kf dgl-library: hmm, I have not used the xml format yet, I work normally witht he open office format
12:55 slef back to this funding bid
12:55 kf dgl-library: then you get a spreadsheet with different pages for fields and subfields to edit
12:57 edveal joined #koha
12:57 dgl-library kf: the open office format exported a zero-kb (empty) document every time
12:58 dgl-library kf: sorry! I just saw the other pages
12:58 kf dgl-library: uh :( no idea what's wrong and can't test now - sorry :(
12:58 slef dgl-library: check error logs
12:59 dgl-library slef: my mistake, I didn't see, but the subfields are there.
12:59 dgl-library slef: but about the ods format, you mean? I will check
13:00 vkm please advice i have two books one for reference and another for circulation should i enter it in two different biblio or under one biblio
13:01 vkm if under one biblio than what to enter in 942c field
13:01 dgl-library slef: are the error logs in Log Viewer?
13:02 dgl-library @backup
13:02 huginn dgl-library: I suck
13:02 libsysguy joined #koha
13:03 dgl-library @database dump
13:03 huginn dgl-library: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
13:03 magnuse dgl-library:[…]i/Backing_up_Koha ?
13:04 dgl-library magnuse: thanks! I was just reading and re-reading the table of contents of the manual and couldn't find that
13:04 slef dgl-library: probably a file koha-error_log on the server in a var/log somewhere
13:05 kf vkm: you will get no different answer - use one record and items with different itemtypes - ignore 942 or use the most often used itemtype there. it doesn't matter really
13:07 slef vkm: one biblio with whatever you think will be most common in 942c and items with different 952y item types and item-level item types
13:08 vkm i used BK Book comonly in 942 even the book is reference type so in searching it creates problem
13:09 vkm but used 952 for various type to define
13:10 vkm so when restricting the search by BOOK i got the record having reference only item
13:12 kf vkm: what is your system preference for item-level_itype set to?
13:12 vkm its item type
13:13 vkm not biblio record
13:13 kf then it's probably a bug
13:13 kf in the search, using the itemtype from biblio level for search instead only checking 952
13:16 ago43 joined #koha
13:16 vkm so i am using same type BOOK (BK) in 942c than 952 for different item its ok
13:18 vkm only problem is when i will restrict the search by BOOK i will get result of those record which have BOOK in 942c but only reference at 952
13:19 vkm it seems that Book is peeking from 942c where it is commonly used for all record
13:20 slef vkm: I agree with kf. Sounds like a bug in the search. Report it to your support provider, or to
13:21 vkm i will do some more research
13:30 schuster joined #koha
13:31 schuster I'm baaack....  Laughs maniaclly...  Generally that means I will have questions...  I just don't know what they are yet!
13:33 magnuse well, we got answers, but we dont know what they are yet either :-)
13:33 libsysguy quantum answers
13:34 libsysguy but don't peek
13:34 libsysguy or they'll forever be destroyed
13:55 tajoli left #koha
14:05 * wizzyrea waves
14:05 magnuse o/
14:08 talljoy1 joined #koha
14:08 maximep joined #koha
14:13 talljoy2 joined #koha
14:18 user joined #koha
14:19 user Hello all
14:19 slef hell user
14:19 slef hello user, even
14:19 narcisgarcia Hello again
14:21 narcisgarcia I'm completing the decisions about /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf and there is a variable which I want to know better.
14:21 narcisgarcia ZEBRA_LANGUAGE, for which the man page says "Primary language for Zebra indexing. Possible values are 'en', 'fr' and 'nb'"
14:22 narcisgarcia Does anybody know what implies this language selection?
14:22 narcisgarcia Does matter if the titles registered will be in german, spanish, russian or else?
14:28 chris_n_mbl joined #koha
14:29 nengard need report help with a report we can run tho find out the average fine paid by anyone whose fines for the year were over $2  at
14:32 Oak joined #koha
14:42 Oak can someone see if this works:
14:43 wizzyrea it's pretty poky
14:43 Oak poky?
14:43 wizzyrea and doesn't seem to be answering
14:43 wizzyrea (slow)
14:43 Oak hmm
14:43 Oak thanks!
15:02 narcisgarcia Does anybody know what implies the ZEBRA_LANGUAGE configuration?
15:04 kf I think perhaps the language that is used for some of the settings - like sorting
15:04 magnuse "Specifies primary language of records that will be indexed by Zebra."
15:04 kf not sure about the right codes, I think htere is no specific setting for spanish
15:05 magnuse in Makefile.PL the suggestions are en, fr and nb
15:06 magnuse but i don't remember what it actually does...
15:07 magnuse ah yes, i think it makes sure the zebra config files has the path to the right language here:[…]zebradb/lang_defs
15:08 magnuse or in oter words that the right sort-string-utf.chr is used
15:08 magnuse narcisgarcia: it has to do with how "special characters" are mapped
15:08 magnuse so choose the one that is most similar to spanish
15:08 magnuse (i think en will probably be ok, though)
15:09 narcisgarcia Most similar to Spanish is French, but lacks of ñ
15:10 narcisgarcia I see that there are installed:
15:10 narcisgarcia /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/nb/sort-string-utf.chr
15:10 narcisgarcia /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/fr/sort-string-utf.chr
15:10 narcisgarcia /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/en/sort-string-utf.chr
15:10 narcisgarcia Is it used at effect of sorting strings?
15:11 magnuse looks like it :-)
15:11 narcisgarcia May I create a file shuch as /etc/koha/zebradb/lang_defs/es/sort-string-utf.chr for spanish?
15:11 magnuse worth a try :-)
15:12 narcisgarcia But then, if in the same instance librarians catalogue french titles, english titles, and others, what happens?
15:12 magnuse there are often some spanish people here, but i don't see any now - could ask them what they do
15:12 talljoy joined #koha
15:12 asaurat left #koha
15:12 narcisgarcia Which language is "nb" ?
15:12 magnuse norwegian
15:12 wahanui norwegian is, like, the only exception for the workaround bei F Somers
15:13 magnuse wahanui: forget norwegian
15:13 wahanui magnuse: I forgot norwegian
15:14 narcisgarcia Well, I'm preparing an international (private) network of libraries, and there will be titles of a lot of countries and languages in the same database/instance.
15:14 magnuse narcisgarcia:[…]er-map-files.html
15:14 narcisgarcia Thanks
15:14 magnuse i think i would just use en then, but i can't say i know all the consequences
15:15 wizzyrea lots of libraries have similar situations re: titles and such in foreign languages, and idk what exactly they do, but I am *sure* that *we* just use EN
15:16 narcisgarcia English is the poorest character map. For spanish is better norwegian than english, but the best can be french.
15:17 narcisgarcia There is no foreign language for me, because there is no language in the moon to index.
15:19 narcisgarcia In Spain there are different languages: Castilian (known as spanish), Catalan, Euskara, Galician, Asturian, end some others. Not all of them have the same character set.
15:20 narcisgarcia For example, Castilian has the "ñ" (HTML ñ), and Catalan has the "ç"
15:21 narcisgarcia Most of the european languages (including french, spanish, catalan,..) include the english character set, but have more characters (æñç) and variants (àáâä)
15:21 magnuse makes it that much more interesting
15:22 narcisgarcia Then, selecting any other language than english is a better option, because all the english characters are ever supported.
15:22 magnuse guess that's true, yes
15:24 narcisgarcia If you have a library in London with 10,000 books catalogued, and you think that sometime can have 1 book in french, only for that book is better that you configure Zebra for French.
15:26 sophie_m left #koha
15:27 slef æ is in English too but often transliterated
15:27 slef ä too
15:27 slef ë more common
15:31 narcisgarcia I have a problem:
15:31 narcisgarcia Have run:
15:31 narcisgarcia sudo koha-create --use-db mydatabase myinstance
15:31 narcisgarcia (previously created a database in MySQL)
15:32 narcisgarcia and says:
15:32 narcisgarcia cat: /etc/koha/passwd: File or directory doesn't exist
15:32 narcisgarcia Enabling site mydatabase
15:32 narcisgarcia Run '/etc/init.d/apache2 reload' to activate new configuration!
15:32 narcisgarcia Restarting web server: apache2 ... waiting .
15:32 narcisgarcia Starting Zebra server for bibliokoha
15:33 narcisgarcia # And the web interface says:
15:33 narcisgarcia Software error:
15:33 magnuse i don't think there is a --use-db option? [--create-db|--request-db|--populate-db]
15:33 narcisgarcia Unknown database 'koha_mydatabase' at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 730.
15:34 narcisgarcia Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 33.
15:34 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 33.
15:34 narcisgarcia Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ line 22.
15:34 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ line 22.
15:34 narcisgarcia For help, please send mail to the webmaster ([no address given]), giving this error message and the time and date of the error.
15:34 magnuse ah, sorry, my fault, there is such an option
15:35 narcisgarcia I don't know from where must it take the webmaster address, and the username&password for MySQL.
15:35 narcisgarcia (didn't ask for them)
15:35 wizzyrea it gets the webmaster address from apache
15:36 narcisgarcia The wiki guide doesn't talk about /etc/koha/passwd
15:36 magnuse i think jcamins_away would know more about those options, if he were around
15:36 magnuse see the commit message here:[…]0e48447799004935b
15:37 magnuse narcisgarcia: looks like you should have put the username and password in /etc/koha/passwd
15:37 narcisgarcia In which format?
15:37 magnuse it's much easier to use --create-db...
15:38 magnuse it's in man koha-create: "Pre-selected database credentials are read from this file, if it exists. The format for this file is instancename:username:passwd:database. Database is optional, but the other three are required if you want to use pre-determined database user credentials."
15:38 narcisgarcia But --create-db will need a usr&pwd too.
15:38 magnuse nope, it will create then for you
15:38 narcisgarcia Ok, the man page.
15:38 magnuse username based on the instance name and random password
15:40 narcisgarcia Now I have run:
15:40 narcisgarcia sudo  koha-remove myinstance
15:41 narcisgarcia # And says:
15:41 narcisgarcia Removing Koha instance --
15:41 narcisgarcia ERROR 1396 (HY000) at line 1: Operation DROP USER failed for 'koha_--'@'%'
15:42 alex_a left #koha
15:42 wizzyrea because the user you're trying to remove doesn't exist maybe?
15:42 mbalmer joined #koha
15:43 narcisgarcia sudo  koha-list
15:43 narcisgarcia mydatabase
15:43 narcisgarcia $ sudo koha-remove mydatabase
15:44 narcisgarcia Removing Koha instance --
15:44 narcisgarcia ERROR 1396 (HY000) at line 1: Operation DROP USER failed for 'koha_--'@'%'
15:44 magnuse yeah, that's tricky...
15:45 wizzyrea the *user* you're trying to remove doesn't exist.
15:45 narcisgarcia I'm thinking on delete the server and install a clean Debian and start again.
15:45 wizzyrea or apt-get remove koha-common
15:45 wizzyrea with the option to purge everything
15:46 wizzyrea and reinstall koha-common fresh.
15:46 narcisgarcia APT will purge instances data?
15:46 datadoctor joined #koha
15:46 narcisgarcia I'm afraid to find other several errors like this in the future...
15:47 wizzyrea installing koha often requires a sense of adventure.
15:48 wizzyrea packages?
15:48 wahanui well, packages is at
15:49 narcisgarcia I've used a fresh Debian Squeeze installation, and the pointed repository.
15:49 narcisgarcia I've found other variants like LibLime and UNLP. Are they more stable?
15:49 wizzyrea they don't have packages.
15:50 narcisgarcia Yes, this is the reason for why I selected first the "community" flavour.
15:50 wizzyrea we can't help you with the other flavors.
15:51 narcisgarcia Well I'll do a new try (fresh installation again) to make a simple Koha setup.
15:52 narcisgarcia Will I can do --create-db with an already existing MySQL empty database?
15:52 wizzyrea sure
15:52 wizzyrea just let koha do the work for you
15:54 narcisgarcia And the syntax will be:
15:54 narcisgarcia sudo koha-create --create-db myinstance
15:54 narcisgarcia OR:
15:54 narcisgarcia sudo koha-create --create-db mydatabase myinstance
15:54 narcisgarcia ?
15:55 magnuse sudo koha-create --create-db myinstance
15:56 magnuse koha-create will decide the name of the database for you
15:56 narcisgarcia This may be my additional mistake.
15:57 narcisgarcia Well, I will create a database previously in MySQL, then I need Koha uses the existing database. Do will Koha select the database name fom /etc/koha/passwd ?
15:57 magnuse i think that is how it is supposed to work, but i never tried it
15:58 magnuse just use "sudo koha-create --create-db myinstance" and don't worry about creating the database yourself .-)
16:00 narcisgarcia Now I've tried this:
16:00 narcisgarcia (once created /etc/koha/passwd)
16:00 narcisgarcia $ sudo koha-create --use-db myinstance
16:00 narcisgarcia Enabling site myinstance.
16:01 narcisgarcia Run '/etc/init.d/apache2 reload' to activate new configuration!
16:01 narcisgarcia Restarting web server: apache2 ... waiting .
16:01 narcisgarcia Starting Zebra server for myinstance
16:01 narcisgarcia # No error.
16:01 magnuse looks promising
16:01 narcisgarcia Now I visit the admin web interface and:
16:01 narcisgarcia "Welcome to the Koha Web Installer"
16:01 magnuse yay!
16:01 wizzyrea see, trust in koha.
16:02 narcisgarcia But not trust in documentation!
16:02 wizzyrea the docs say to do what we told you
16:02 narcisgarcia Good for community Koha
16:02 narcisgarcia But now I can't remove my previous instance
16:03 narcisgarcia Now I have an instance called "myinstance" (working) and another called "mydatabase" (bad)
16:04 narcisgarcia The username and password for the web installer, must be the same as for MySQL?
16:04 narcisgarcia (/etc/koha/passwd)
16:05 magnuse narcisgarcia: yup
16:05 narcisgarcia "You are about to install Koha.
16:06 narcisgarcia Please pick your language from the following list. If your language is not listed, please inform your systems administrator."
16:06 narcisgarcia (only "en" to select)
16:06 wizzyrea translations?
16:06 wizzyrea translation?
16:06 wahanui translation is done through the pref files
16:06 narcisgarcia Does this affect only installation process, or also the future interface?
16:06 wizzyrea not helpful, wahanui.
16:06 wahanui wizzyrea: sorry...
16:06 slef narcisgarcia: is there a step 1.2 in the INSTALL text file I think?
16:06 slef left #koha
16:06 slef joined #koha
16:07 narcisgarcia I was following[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
16:07 slef oh well good luck to you
16:07 narcisgarcia Bad begin?
16:08 wizzyrea nope, it just doesn't cover translations
16:08 wizzyrea kf - about?
16:08 slef let me get the lines from the 3.8.0 INSTALL file
16:09 magnuse how to add more languages should be added to
16:09 slef 1.2. Optional foreign language installation:
16:09 slef If you would like more languages and not only English,
16:09 slef cd misc/translator
16:09 slef perl translate install fr-FR # or use your preferred language codes
16:10 wizzyrea on a totally unrelated note: what do you all think of these minor changes?
16:10 wizzyrea
16:10 wizzyrea to the 3.8 ui
16:10 slef I suspect that's "cd /usr/share/koha/misc/translator" on the debian packaged system
16:10 slef but I have not tested it
16:11 wizzyrea (in 3.8 right now, those are white + ugly)
16:11 magnuse narcisgarcia: you will need to do "cd /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/" then "perl translate install fr-FR" (replacing fr-FR with the language you want) before you proceed with the web installer
16:11 wizzyrea magnuse++ slef++
16:11 narcisgarcia Will this be useful for user interfaces?
16:11 wizzyrea yes.
16:11 magnuse yep, it will make the userinterfaces available inthe languages you choose to tinstall
16:11 slef wizzyrea: white?
16:12 narcisgarcia Then, I can repeat the perl command for each language I want to be available, right?
16:12 magnuse yup
16:12 slef narcisgarcia: or just list all the language codes on the line, I think
16:12 slef perl translate install fr-FR en-GB ...
16:12 wizzyrea the area behind "Edit" is white
16:12 narcisgarcia Each user will can select its preferred language sharing the same instance with others, right?
16:12 wizzyrea the area behind the upload button in white.
16:13 melia joined #koha
16:13 wizzyrea nm.
16:13 slef wizzyrea: And you want to make it blue? (I think?)
16:13 magnuse narcisgarcia: yep
16:13 wizzyrea yea
16:13 wizzyrea to match the rest of the UI
16:13 narcisgarcia Oh, good.
16:13 slef wizzyrea: Do we use blue backgrounds anywhere else in koha?
16:13 wizzyrea yes, everywhere in 3.8
16:13 slef wizzyrea: And why do we have so many Edit links anyway?
16:13 * wizzyrea wasn't going to go near that question
16:14 slef oh why isn't my 3.8 blue?
16:14 wizzyrea (but it's so you can edit each section independently)
16:14 wizzyrea hm, not sure?
16:14 slef Have I offended the colour gods?
16:14 narcisgarcia $ cd /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/
16:14 wizzyrea hehe
16:14 narcisgarcia sudo perl translate install fr-FR
16:14 magnuse slef: Ctrl-Shift+R?
16:14 narcisgarcia Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at line 23.
16:14 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 23.
16:14 narcisgarcia Compilation failed in require at translate line 25.
16:14 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at translate line 25.
16:14 wizzyrea yea, it was one of the very last things to go into 3.8
16:15 magnuse narcisgarcia: you need to set some variables, one moment
16:15 slef hrm I'm probably stuck up a branch somewhere
16:15 magnuse slef: just don't saw it off
16:15 slef magnuse: huh? aieeee!
16:15 wizzyrea actually, the way mine looks right now is because of the patches I've submitted on bug 7998
16:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7998 minor, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, Needs Signoff , 3.8 UI cleanup, tweaks to new styles
16:15 narcisgarcia Oohh, documentation! (I'm slowly writing in the wiki what I'm learning now)
16:16 slef narcisgarcia: at a guess: export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha
16:16 slef narcisgarcia: then rerun the perl command
16:16 wizzyrea (but all of that is documented in the install files already)
16:16 narcisgarcia $ export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha
16:16 narcisgarcia $ sudo perl translate install fr-FR
16:16 narcisgarcia Can't locate C4/ in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.10.1 /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.10 /usr/share/perl/5.10 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at line 23.
16:16 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at line 23.
16:16 narcisgarcia Compilation failed in require at translate line 25.
16:16 narcisgarcia BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at translate line 25.
16:17 magnuse narcisgarcia: i think this hould do it:
16:17 slef bah, I'll stop guessing because I've not time to do this properly
16:17 magnuse export PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/; export KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/<​instancename>/koha-conf.xml
16:17 wizzyrea you don't need to sudo
16:17 slef replacing <instancename> with main or whatever
16:17 wizzyrea at least I don't think.
16:17 narcisgarcia Tried. Same error.
16:17 slef wizzyrea: yes, you do, it's writing files in /usr (also evil bad and wrong)
16:18 wizzyrea then the reason he's having trouble is because the environment isn't being carried over to the sudo.
16:18 slef oh yeah
16:18 slef sudo -e perl ...
16:18 slef from memory
16:18 narcisgarcia Ok, I can try in a root session
16:18 wizzyrea you will need to rerun your exports as root before you try.
16:19 slef sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/<​instancename>/koha-conf.xml perl translate fr-FR
16:19 slef that's "easiest"
16:19 narcisgarcia $ sudo su
16:19 narcisgarcia $ env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/<​instancename>/koha-conf.xml perl translate fr-FR
16:19 narcisgarcia $ sudo perl translate install fr-FR
16:19 narcisgarcia Works.
16:20 magnuse hm, guess i never actually tried that either...
16:22 narcisgarcia Where are listed the available languages to build?
16:23 magnuse
16:24 jcamins_away magnuse: what options?
16:24 narcisgarcia And are they in some file or directory to automate the process repeating the perl command?
16:24 magnuse jcamins_away: --use-db to koha-create, but i think we figured it out - or narcisgarcia did :-)
16:24 narcisgarcia (I want to build all languages)
16:25 jcamins Ah, yeah, those are some pretty great features. :)
16:25 jcamins kyleh: around?
16:25 magnuse according to "perldoc translate" you can just run "perl translate install" to build them all - but i never tried that!
16:25 kyleh jcamins: indeed, what's up?
16:25 jcamins I was wondering how you tested bug 7933.
16:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7933 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED WORKSFORME, Fields in marc display not the same
16:25 magnuse jcamins: sure, must spring from the mind of a great wizzard :-)
16:26 narcisgarcia Tried:
16:26 narcisgarcia $ sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/biblio/koha-conf.xml perl translate install
16:26 narcisgarcia But no reaction (no buld, no error)
16:26 magnuse narcisgarcia: did it finnish?
16:27 narcisgarcia No message. No delay.
16:27 magnuse weird, maybe the doc is out od sunc with reality...
16:27 kyleh jcamins: I looked at a record in labeled and plain view, and changed to the fast add framework and looked at it again. The second time it only showed the fields for the FA framework for both. Talked to nengard about it, and she said that the main point was that both should always show the same fields, and it appears to be doing so in master now.
16:28 magnuse oh my, i gotta run! see y'all later!
16:29 jcamins kyleh: cool. Plain view never obeyed the frameworks before.
16:29 narcisgarcia Then, $ ls -1 /usr/share/koha/intranet/cg​i-bin/installer/data/mysql/
16:29 narcisgarcia $ ls -1 /usr/share/koha/intranet/cg​i-bin/installer/data/mysql/
16:29 narcisgarcia atomicupdate
16:29 wahanui atomicupdate is anotherway to update the database, you just link the atomic update to the at final merge.
16:29 narcisgarcia
16:29 narcisgarcia de-DE
16:29 narcisgarcia en
16:29 narcisgarcia es-ES
16:29 narcisgarcia fr-FR
16:29 narcisgarcia it-IT
16:29 narcisgarcia kohastructure.sql
16:29 narcisgarcia
16:29 narcisgarcia nb-NO
16:29 narcisgarcia
16:29 narcisgarcia pl-PL
16:29 narcisgarcia ru-RU
16:29 narcisgarcia sample_only_param_tables.sql
16:29 jcamins (I didn't try again, I was just wondering if there was some trick to make it work)
16:29 narcisgarcia sysprefs.sql
16:29 wahanui rumour has it sysprefs.sql is new for me lol
16:29 narcisgarcia uk-UA
16:29 narcisgarcia
16:29 narcisgarcia
16:30 narcisgarcia $ ls -1 /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/ | grep -ie "pref.po"
16:30 narcisgarcia am-Ethi-pref.po
16:30 narcisgarcia ar-Arab-pref.po
16:30 narcisgarcia az-AZ-pref.po
16:30 narcisgarcia ben-pref.po
16:30 narcisgarcia bg-Cyrl-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia ca-VA-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia cs-CZ-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia da-DK-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia de-DE-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia el-GR-pref.po
16:31 wizzyrea uh, please stop doing that
16:31 narcisgarcia en-GB-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia en-NZ-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia es-ES-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia eu-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia fa-Arab-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia fi-FI-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia fr-CA-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia fr-FR-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia gl-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia he-Hebr-pref.po
16:31 narcisgarcia was kicked by wizzyrea: narcisgarcia
16:31 wizzyrea sorry, will explain when he comes back.
16:31 narcisgarcia joined #koha
16:31 wizzyrea hi
16:32 narcisgarcia mr-pref.po
16:32 wizzyrea sorry
16:32 narcisgarcia ms-MY-pref.po
16:32 wizzyrea no, please don't do that
16:32 narcisgarcia nb-NO-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia ne-NE-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia was kicked by wizzyrea: narcisgarcia
16:32 narcisgarcia joined #koha
16:32 narcisgarcia pbr-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia pl-PL-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia prs-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia pt-BR-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia pt-PT-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia ro-RO-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia ru-RU-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sd-PK-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sk-SK-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sl-SI-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sq-AL-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sr-Cyrl-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia sv-SE-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia ta-LK-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia tet-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia th-THA-pref.po
16:32 wizzyrea narcisgarcia: I'm going to have to ban you
16:32 narcisgarcia tl-PH-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia tr-TR-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia uk-UA-pref.po
16:32 narcisgarcia ur-Arab-pref.po
16:33 narcisgarcia vi-VN-pref.po
16:33 narcisgarcia zh-Hans-CN-pref.po
16:33 narcisgarcia zh-Hans-TW-pref.po
16:33 narcisgarcia I may have found the languages available: in /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/
16:33 narcisgarcia Hey, was a mistake!
16:33 narcisgarcia What happens now?
16:33 jcamins narcisgarcia: DO NOT RUN ls again.
16:33 narcisgarcia I'm sorry
16:33 wizzyrea we have a tool for that :)
16:33 wizzyrea
16:33 jcamins Okay, now we've caught you. :)
16:33 narcisgarcia Ok, learnt.
16:33 wizzyrea thanks :)
16:34 * wizzyrea doesn't often at all exercise kick powers.
16:34 jcamins I don't know much about translations, but I think maybe the problem is that you need to remove "env" from your command line.
16:34 wizzyrea no, he has to have that to sudo install the translations
16:34 narcisgarcia You have the kick button very easy to shot.
16:35 wizzyrea we don't often have people ls -ing in channel ;)
16:35 jcamins wizzyrea: I think sudo has a different way of specifying environment variables.
16:35 jcamins I was tripped up by that.
16:35 narcisgarcia I've tried with the fr-FR and works.
16:35 wizzyrea right, he wants to install *all* of the translations.
16:35 wizzyrea at once.
16:35 narcisgarcia $ sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/biblio/koha-conf.xml perl translate install fr-FR
16:35 wizzyrea do you happen to know how to do that?
16:35 wizzyrea jcamins?
16:35 wahanui jcamins is, like, an outstanding cook, well-traveled and brilliant, trying to think of a solution, or the wizard that forges queries in the deep fires of zebra
16:36 wizzyrea keke
16:36 jcamins Oh, sorry, didn't understand the problem.
16:36 * jcamins was tripped up by env just the other day.
16:37 jcamins translate -a is supposed to do it.
16:37 jcamins translate -a install
16:37 wizzyrea sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/biblio/koha-conf.xml perl translate -a install
16:37 wizzyrea might do it
16:38 narcisgarcia Langs="$(ls -1 /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/ | grep -ie "pref.po" | sed -e "s/-pref\.po//g")"
16:38 wizzyrea or you can just try -a
16:38 narcisgarcia Yes, yes, the las wizzyrea command works. All the languages are being translated.
16:39 wizzyrea woo!
16:40 narcisgarcia But I thing it's a break:
16:40 narcisgarcia Copying /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/op​ac-tmpl/prog/en/js/tags.js...
16:40 narcisgarcia The install seems to be successful.
16:40 narcisgarcia Install templates 'intranet
16:40 narcisgarcia From: /usr/share/koha/intranet/ht​docs/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/
16:40 narcisgarcia To  : /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/​intranet-tmpl/prog/en-USACADEMIC
16:40 narcisgarcia With: /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/en-​USACADEMIC-i-staff-t-prog-v-3006000.po
16:40 narcisgarcia Warning: Can't determine original templates' charset, defaulting to UTF-8
16:40 narcisgarcia Warning: Charset Out defaulting to UTF-8
16:40 narcisgarcia /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/en-U​SACADEMIC-i-staff-t-prog-v-3006000.po: El fitxer o directori no existeix
16:40 narcisgarcia Koha directories hierarchy for en-USACADEMIC must be created first
16:40 wizzyrea
16:40 narcisgarcia (El fitxer o directori no existeix = The file or directory doesn't exist)
16:41 narcisgarcia For a too short text?
16:41 wizzyrea yes please.
16:41 narcisgarcia Ok.
16:41 jcamins narcisgarcia: as a general rule, use for anything more than one or two lines.
16:41 jcamins Does it keep going after that error?
16:41 pastebot "narcisgarcia" at pasted "sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/biblio/koha-conf.xml perl translate -a install" (10 lines) at
16:42 wizzyrea plus so much easier to read  in paste
16:42 jcamins Much, much easier.
16:42 narcisgarcia After these lines, is ended.
16:43 * wizzyrea wonders about the en-usacademic translation.
16:43 wizzyrea did it do stuff before that?
16:43 jcamins What on earth is USACADEMIC?
16:43 wizzyrea one of the translations I'd reckon
16:43 kf I don't think that exists really
16:43 wizzyrea ^^ is probably the problem.
16:43 kf and if it does it's probably outdated
16:43 jcamins It's very outdated.
16:44 wizzyrea it's not listed on
16:44 jcamins That question was really "why on earth is there an en-USACADEMIC translation in the repository?
16:44 kf I probably should know... but I don't know :)
16:45 jcamins You know, someone should run translate -a and report bugs for everything that doesn't work.
16:45 wizzyrea so does it stop installing translations after this one or ...
16:45 wizzyrea bugs?
16:45 wahanui bugs is found at Please fix any bugs you find. :) or reporting them is helpful, too.
16:45 narcisgarcia The follofing command may be better to know which languages are available and have not a break like this:
16:45 narcisgarcia $ Langs="$(ls -1 /usr/share/koha/misc/translator/po/ | grep -ie "pref.po" | sed -e "s/-pref\.po//g")"
16:45 narcisgarcia Then perform a command like:
16:45 wizzyrea no, fixing the problem is better.
16:46 kf I have not seen all
16:46 wizzyrea but for your immediate problem, yes, that might be better.
16:46 kf but could running the translation command as root be the problem?
16:46 narcisgarcia $ for Current in $Langs ; do sudo env PERL5LIB=/usr/share/koha/lib/ KOHA_CONF=/etc/koha/sites/biblio/koha-conf.xml perl translate install $Current ; done
16:46 kf I never do that
16:46 kf always as my koha user
16:46 kf so the templates belong to my koha user... as all ohter files do
16:46 wizzyrea I don't think so, for the packages it has to write in /usr/share/koha
16:46 jcamins kf: not for package/standard installs.
16:46 kf ah
16:47 kf ok, never installed translations for the packages :)
16:47 kf so I can go home now, right? :)
16:47 jcamins I need to do a package with all the translations.
16:47 jcamins kf: yes you may. :)
16:47 wizzyrea yes, shoo.
16:47 kf :)
16:47 kf left #koha
16:48 jcamins Okay, there's an issue with the Turkish translation.
16:58 narcisgarcia I've documented site creation and language building in the wiki.
17:00 wizzyrea ok thanks
17:00 wizzyrea there's an entire manual available from
17:02 Oak joined #koha
17:03 Ccorrales joined #koha
17:13 narcisgarcia
17:18 jcamins kyleh: I figured out the point of confusion. The issue isn't changing *frameworks*, it's changing the hidden value on a particular framework.
17:19 jcamins When you change frameworks, all the fields not in a particular framework are summarily deleted, I think.
17:19 kyleh jcamins: i see, go ahead and reopen the bug then, and I'll have a crack at it.
17:19 jcamins kyleh: I did. :)
17:21 jwagner joined #koha
17:23 narcisgarcia In the web site:
17:23 narcisgarcia
17:23 narcisgarcia Laks of the translated manuals:
17:23 narcisgarcia
17:24 jcamins kyleh: it'll be a challenge to fix, I suspect.
17:24 kyleh jcamins: I have the suspicion that you are right. only one way to find out...
17:25 cait joined #koha
17:27 cait hi #koha
17:32 adnc joined #koha
17:39 narcisgarcia The installation web wizard asks for optional components, and I don't find any documentation about them.
17:41 cait the documentation is on the page
17:41 cait it's about the sample data?
17:44 narcisgarcia Selecting Default Settings - MARC Frameworks: MARC21
17:45 narcisgarcia Optional:
17:45 narcisgarcia Selected matching rules for MARC 21 bibliographic records, including...
17:45 slef trying to move across home... let's see if I crash...
17:45 narcisgarcia 'FA', a 'Fast Add' minimal MARC21 framework suitable for...
17:45 cait slef: no crashing- we have a meeting!
17:45 cait yep
17:45 cait optional = not strictly needed by koha
17:45 cait but someof those are nice to have
17:45 narcisgarcia Simple MARC 21 bibliographic frameworks for...
17:46 jwagner joined #koha
17:46 narcisgarcia But I may need it, and I want to know for example the implies of "matching rules"
17:47 narcisgarcia And I don't want to select options that could complicate the administration or the use.
17:47 narcisgarcia (without a special sense for us)
17:47 cait i would get the sample rules
17:47 cait they are good to see how things work
17:48 jcamins narcisgarcia: if you want to understand what the system does, reading through the manual is a good idea.
17:48 cait it's to match data together, like when you import data
17:49 narcisgarcia Then, if I select matching rules for MARC21, we can import right the mentioned ISBN for example.
17:49 slef cait: I survived!
17:49 cait well done!
17:50 jcamins narcisgarcia: you can make sure that you don't have duplicate records.
17:50 jcamins That is all.
17:50 slef (really should buy a new laptop battery)
17:50 cait slef: and we have even some time left to negotiate who gets to wear the jasper head tonight
17:50 narcisgarcia Ok, good for us that cannot duplicate ISBN records.
17:50 jcamins cait: jester. :)
17:50 cait oh
17:51 cait right
17:51 cait it looked kinda wrong...
17:52 jcamins :)
17:53 cait jcamins: are you at chester's today?
17:53 jcamins cait: I am indeed.
17:53 jcamins He came over to say hi briefly, but left a while ago.
17:53 cait give im my greetings ;)
17:53 cait ooh
17:54 jcamins Apparently I'm boring today. :/
17:55 narcisgarcia Ok, I selected everything except "Sample holidays" and the last US libraries.
17:56 slef jasper is an orange cat, no?
17:56 slef did my email to the main koha list about the meeting go out? I don't remember seeing it.
17:56 cait you might want to leave out the libraries and borrowers - if you want to start configuring your own
17:56 jcamins slef: You're thinking of Chester.
17:56 cait hmmm
17:56 jcamins Who is blue.
17:56 cait I only saw you rmail to the volunteer's list I think
17:57 jcamins slef: I wouldn't recommend wearing a cat on your head.
17:57 slef damn I wonder what happened to the main list email. I'll look for it later?
17:57 slef jcamins: scratchy but good!
17:58 cait trend setting :)
17:59 cait slef: have you heard from Brooke lately?
18:00 slef cait: a little.
18:00 edveal left #koha
18:00 cait ah ok
18:01 slef ok, would anyone else like to chair the meeting? There are four topics as far as I know: Introductions, Roadmap to KohaCon12, Paper reviews, Next Meeting
18:01 cait I tihnk I haven't seen her in a while
18:01 cait if you tell me how, I can tr
18:01 cait y
18:01 slef no, not on IRC much. Seems busy.
18:01 jcamins Busy?
18:01 jcamins Huh.
18:02 jcamins I was sure wahanui would have something to say about that.
18:02 slef cait: watch me this time. You get it next week?
18:02 cait i can do it
18:02 cait only forget how to stat :)
18:02 slef ok #startmeeting
18:02 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:02 cait #startmeeting
18:02 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:02 cait \startmeeting
18:02 cait lol
18:02 thd can we teach wahanui to chair meetings?
18:02 cait ok, try again :)
18:02 slef where's huginn?
18:02 wahanui i heard huginn was a bot too veera, not a person
18:03 cait hm
18:03 slef [18:25]*** huginn ( has quit: Read error: Connection reset by peer
18:03 cait gmcharlt? around?
18:03 slef gmcharlt: help!
18:03 jcamins gmcharlt: around?
18:03 cait lol
18:03 thd :0
18:04 jcamins Or, as slef might put it...
18:04 slef Galen Charlton            <-> Offline
18:04 jcamins gmcharlt: oy! I want a word witchu!
18:04 slef "bugger!"
18:04 * slef switches TV shows
18:04 cait ok
18:04 cait no meetinbot
18:04 cait we are lost!
18:04 slef (the Fast Show, known in the US as Brilliant!)
18:05 * slef looks at the wiki
18:05 slef wahanui: bots?
18:05 wahanui bots are listed at
18:05 narcisgarcia Is there a downloadable version of the manuals?
18:05 thd I think that meetings worked reasonably well in the past before any meeting bots.
18:06 slef yeah but it's nice having the features. Oh well I'll give gmcharlt a log later and see if huginn can be force-fed
18:06 thd :)
18:06 cait yes
18:06 cait let's pretend he is here
18:06 cait will make it easier to generate minutes manually too
18:06 slef wahanui: sysadmins?
18:06 wahanui slef: i haven't a clue
18:06 thd Automation is always nice, especially if it can be force fed.
18:06 slef wahanui: sysadmins is[…]te_Administration
18:06 wahanui OK, slef.
18:07 cait #topic volunteer's meeting - please introduce yourself with #info
18:07 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:07 cait #topic introductions
18:07 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:07 slef #info MJ Ray,, England
18:07 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
18:08 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, Liblime/PTFS
18:08 narcisgarcia I'm configuring  opaclanguagesdisplay (Allow  patrons to change the language they see on the OPAC) and I need to know who are "patrons"
18:08 cait narcisgarcia:
18:09 cait ok, first topic
18:09 cait #topic Roadmap to KohaCon12
18:09 cait slef, do you want to start and give us a short update?
18:09 slef #link[…]aCon12_Volunteers
18:09 slef has updated amounts - thanks to the new sponsors.
18:10 slef cait made a great start on a timetable for the hackfest on
18:10 slef #link[…]ohaCon12_Schedule
18:10 slef which I've shamelessly stolen for the main conference too.
18:10 cait you are welcome
18:11 cait how are the finances? working out?
18:11 slef There was a rush of papers on deadline day, so there are about a dozen needing review.
18:11 slef it's still a bit close
18:11 slef we'll mailshot sponsors as soon as volunteer time allows
18:12 slef At the venue, I think we're making progress on signs, but more to do.
18:12 libsysguy does this look good
18:12 libsysguy delete biblio, biblioitem, item from biblio join biblioitem on biblio.biblionumber = biblioitem.biblionumber join items on biblio.biblionumber = items.biblionumber where biblionumber = ?
18:12 slef On the fishing trip, I don't think we've had any interest.
18:13 narcisgarcia Thanks
18:13 slef Sadly mle_ is ill so I'm a bit limited.
18:13 thd libsysguy: It would look better after the KohaCon 2012 meeting.
18:13 libsysguy shoot didn't even see that
18:14 cait slef: oh :(
18:14 * libsysguy steps out
18:14 slef I think we're at 40 registrations and I expect a flurry once we announce some talks.
18:14 cait 40 is good
18:14 slef Anything else?
18:14 narcisgarcia As I read in the spanish translation, as "branch" Koha refers to a physical library, right?
18:15 jcamins narcisgarcia: there is a meeting going on right now. You should save your questions for after it's finished.
18:15 cait #info about 40 registrations - awaiting flurry when program is announced
18:15 cait slef: nothing from me
18:15 narcisgarcia Ok.
18:15 thd A few fish frolic more freely for now.
18:16 cait moving on to next topic?
18:16 slef ok
18:16 cait #topic Paper review
18:16 slef OK, there's a dozen or so papers waiting for review
18:17 slef I'd like to paste each title and abstract here, and get opinions. Would that be OK?
18:17 cait hm perhaps better paste?
18:17 cait abstracts might be cut off
18:17 slef I think my client will handle it
18:17 jcamins cait: better to paste direct so it goes in the minutes?
18:17 cait ok
18:18 * jcamins doesn't know, that was a question.
18:18 cait slef, start :)
18:18 jwagner if huginn isn't here, we aren't getting auto minutes, right?  Pastebin link might be quicker
18:18 thd What about posting them in some http accessible location?
18:18 cait jwagner: we will try to create minutes
18:18 thd jwagner++
18:19 cait and there are always the normal irc logs
18:19 slef it'll be easier for me to paste them here, but I'll do whatever
18:19 jwagner I'd vote for pastebin -- easier to read
18:19 thd Are the normal logs running?
18:19 slef thd: yes, logbot is here
18:19 wahanui i already had it that way, slef.
18:19 cait thd: yes, that's logbot
18:20 slef ok give me a mo to format these and copy to pastebin
18:20 thd Yes, I see.  I had remembered how often logbot had disappeared or failed in the past.
18:22 cait perhaps while slef pastes
18:22 cait any ideas how to schedule them later on?
18:22 cait grouping by topic? audience?
18:23 pastebot "slef" at pasted "KohaCon12 presentations for review" (269 lines) at
18:23 jwagner Is there one basic track, or simultaneous tracks?
18:23 slef one track
18:23 cait one track
18:23 thd Do we assume that we have no need for concurrent presentations in different rooms?
18:23 thd Exactly, what jwagner wrote.
18:24 slef we don't have a venue that lends itself to that
18:24 slef ok, for each paper:
18:24 slef need to decide:
18:25 cait and not enough papers I think
18:26 slef A. Accept it? Y/N; B. Hi/Medium/Low priority? C. Changes to request, if any? D. Developer or Librarian audience?
18:26 slef so first paper, 10 Data Migration Heuristics, what do you think?
18:28 cait A: yes, B: medium C: no changes d: not sure, but think intended for libraries
18:28 slef A. yes; B. Medium; C. No; D. mixed AFAICT
18:28 slef any more or move on?
18:29 Oak good night my hearties. almost midnight here.
18:29 jwagner I'd say move on
18:29 slef thd, jcamins?
18:30 jcamins A: yes; B: Medium; C: no changes; D. librarians?
18:30 * jcamins didn't realize he was supposed to be answering.
18:30 cait I have a question about the next one right away
18:30 cait is it the same or another speaker than:
18:30 cait Implementation of Koha in Geo-Scientific Information Management 20mins pbosire med/lib
18:30 cait ?
18:30 slef jcamins: I'll take any reviews I can get and sort out disagreements later
18:30 slef cait: checking...
18:30 thd ['A', 'B'->'high', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'both']
18:31 cait thd: for data heuristics?
18:31 slef cait: yes. There are multiple attendees from that place though, so not all geotech talks are him!
18:31 jwagner Good catch, cait -- thought that looked familiar
18:31 cait I think one is implementation, one is use
18:31 thd $dataHeuristics = ['A'->'Y', 'B'->'high', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'both']
18:31 cait but if we want both, should schedule accordingly?
18:32 jwagner If they're from the same site, maybe do a combined paper?
18:32 cait it's a total of 45 minutes then + discussion
18:32 cait we could request that perhaps
18:32 slef ok, so reviews for $utilization?
18:32 jcamins They seem to have four papers?
18:33 slef jcamins: checking
18:33 cait jcamins: what are the other 2?
18:33 jcamins RECORDS CLERK
18:33 slef jcamins: Implementation..., Utilization..., Records Clerk, Koha The Way to Go
18:33 thd $geo-sci = ['A'->'Y', 'B'->'low', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'unknown']
18:34 jcamins And KOHA, THE WAY TO GO...
18:34 cait ok
18:34 cait I think we should sort that out a bit
18:35 cait 4 presentations from the same place is a bit much?
18:35 jcamins I think one combined talk would probably be best.
18:35 jcamins Or two, if they have different audiences in mind.
18:35 jcamins But there would by necessity be a lot of duplication.
18:35 slef $geo-sci = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:35 cait perhaps we could set a time frame and ask for a submission for that time?
18:35 thd If there is a shortage of papers to fill the time, why would several papers from one party be a problem?
18:36 slef also I've no idea what a PB-O-GDC licence is ;-)
18:36 cait slef: wondered about that too!
18:36 cait $geo-sci = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:36 cait :)
18:36 jcamins Peanut Butter Or GNU Documentation License.
18:36 jcamins $geo-sci = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:36 slef jcamins: Or or On?
18:37 jcamins Oh.
18:37 jcamins On.
18:37 jcamins :)
18:37 jcamins And it's GDC and GDL.
18:37 cait sounds yummy
18:37 slef $multiNationalSpecial ?
18:37 jcamins Okay, no idea.
18:37 cait $geo-sci = [ A => Y, B => high (serials), C => no, D => Librarians ];
18:37 cait args
18:38 cait $multinationalSpecial = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:38 cait sorry
18:38 thd Peanut butter license, yaay
18:38 cait lol
18:38 slef $multiNationalSpecial = [ A => Y, B => Hi, C => No, D => Librarians ];
18:38 cait now I messed it up totally
18:38 slef cait: vote early, vote often!
18:38 cait last time: $multiNationalSpecial = [ A => Y, B => high (serials), C => no, D => Librarians ];
18:38 cait that
18:39 jcamins $multinationalSpecial = [ A => Y, B => medium-high, C => None, D => librarians ]
18:39 cait thd? :)
18:40 slef yeah come on thd, you started us all writing []s and so on...
18:40 thd $multinationSpeial = ['A'->'Y', 'B'->'medium', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'librarian']
18:40 slef $kohaAndSRU ?
18:41 cait $kohaAndSRU = [ A => Y, B => medium, C => no, D => mixed ];
18:41 slef $kohaAndSRU = [ A => Y, B => medium, C => 'drop other ideas for now', D => developers ];
18:41 thd $kohaAndSRU = ['A'->'Y', 'B'->'high', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'both']
18:41 jcamins $kohaAndSRU = [ 'A'=>Y, 'B'=>low, C=>emphasize practical applications, D=>mixed ]
18:41 slef $improvedGovernance ?
18:41 cait reading
18:42 slef oh it's Bob Birchall I think... if that helps you remember kohacon10
18:42 cait I do remember - happy memories
18:43 jcamins improvedGovernance = [A=>Y, B=>high, C=>none, D=>everyone]
18:43 cait $improvedGovernance = [ A => Y, B => high, C => no, D => everyone ];
18:43 slef $improvedGovernance = [ A => Y, B => medium, C => probably-no, D => mixed ];
18:44 thd $improvedGovernance = ['A'->'Y', 'B'->'high', 'C'-> 'unknown' , 'D'->'mixed']
18:44 slef $implementationGeoSci ?
18:44 * cait scrolls up
18:44 jcamins $implementationGeoSci = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:44 cait $implementationGeoSci = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:45 slef $implementationGeoSci = [ A => Y, B => Medium, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:45 slef I actually like the look of that. Long abstract for 20mins again though.
18:45 thd $implementationGeoSci = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'low', 'C'=> 'unknown' , 'D'=>'unknown']
18:45 slef $KohaAndDrupal ?
18:45 thd s/->/=>/g
18:46 slef thd: ack, 298 lines changed
18:46 slef $KohaAndDrupal = [ A=>Y, B=>low, C=>no, D=>mixed ];
18:46 cait $KohaAndDrupal  = [ A => Y, B => high, C => "none", D => Librarians ];
18:46 slef teehee
18:46 cait hehe
18:46 cait does it get to be medium now? :)
18:47 jcamins $KohaAndDrupal = [A=>Y,B=>medium,C=>none,D=>both]
18:47 slef I think it's boring to people who don't use drupal, but we'll see what others think.
18:47 thd $KohaAndDrupal = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'medium', 'C'=> 'unknown' , 'D'=>'mixed']
18:47 edveal joined #koha
18:47 slef so medium it is?
18:48 cait guess so :)
18:48 slef $CommunityOrganisationAndSandboxes ?
18:49 cait $CommunityOrganisationAndSandboxes = [A=>Y,B=>high (want librarians using sandboxes),C=>perhaps concentrate on sandboxes and patch workflow? other talks for community,D=>both]
18:49 thd $CommunityOrganisationAndSandboxes = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed']
18:50 slef and I'm not going to vote on that one, sorry.
18:50 jcamins $COaS = [A=>Y,B=>high,C=>more useful to focus on what non-developers can do?,D=>librarians]
18:50 slef $Koha38New ?
18:50 thd s/]/];/
18:52 cait $Koha38New = [A=>Y,B=>medium-high ,C=>none,D=>librarians]
18:52 slef $Koha38New = [A=>Y, B=> high, C=> no, D=> librarians ];
18:52 thd s/\]/\];/ # previous caused syntax error
18:52 jcamins $Koha38New=[A=>Y,B=>medium,C=>none,D=>both]
18:53 thd $Koha38New = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'no', 'D'=>'mixed']
18:53 slef $styling ?
18:53 slef $styling = [A=> Y, B=> high, C=> no, D=> librarians];
18:54 cait $styling = = [A=>Y,B=>medium,C=>no,D=>librarians]
18:54 thd $Koha38New = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'low', 'C'=> 'no', 'D'=>'librarians'];
18:54 slef thd: vote early, vote often!
18:55 jcamins styling=[A=>Y,B=>medium,C=>no,D=>librarians]
18:55 slef $recordsClerk ?
18:55 * thd was still reading the description
18:55 jcamins $recordsClerk = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
18:55 cait wow again
18:56 cait is that number 5?
18:56 slef yep
18:56 chris_n looks like it was a 'ctl-v' type morning
18:56 jcamins This is four, because number five is later.
18:56 slef chris_n?
18:56 wahanui release maintainer for 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6. or late on 3.6.5
18:56 slef wahanui: I KNOW THAT</kenneth-williams>
18:56 wahanui slef: excuse me?
18:56 chris_n slef: pasting in channel
18:56 thd $recordsClerk = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'medium', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed'];
18:56 jcamins chris_n: oh, yeah.
18:57 cait $recordsClerk = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "PLZ combine with others from GDC ", D => Librarians ];
18:57 slef $recordsClerk = [A=>Y, B=>low, C=>no, D=>librarians];
18:58 slef $languageCentres ?
18:58 jcamins languageCentres=[A-Y,B-medium,C-no,D-both?]
18:58 slef $languageCentres = [A=>Y, B=>high, C=>no, D=>mixed];
18:59 cait $languagecentres =  [ A => Y, B => medium-high, C => "noC", D => mixed ];
18:59 thd $languageCentres = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'medium', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed'];
18:59 slef $wayToGo ?
19:00 jcamins $wayToGo = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "Combine with others from GDC", D => Librarians ];
19:00 mle_ ¬¬
19:00 cait $wayToGo = [ A => Y, B => Low, C => "combine with others from GDC ", D => Librarians ];
19:01 thd $wayToGo = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'medium', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'librarians'];
19:02 slef $wayToGo = [A=>Y, B=>medium, C=>'unsure maybe combine with others from GDC', D=>librarians];
19:02 slef $linkingRecords ?
19:03 thd $linkingRecords = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:03 cait $linkingRecords = [ A => Y, B => medium, C =>'none', D => Librarians ];
19:04 slef $linkingRecords = [A=> Y, B=> medium, C=> no, D=> mixed];
19:04 * jcamins recuses himself because he could not in good conscience vote for a paper by one of the people who might have proposed this, but would definitely vote for a paper by anyone else.
19:04 slef now I wonder who it was by :)
19:04 slef but this is why it's blind
19:05 slef so vote if you like
19:05 slef unless they're that scary
19:05 slef $migrating ?
19:05 slef $migrating = [ A=> Y, B=> high, C=> no, D=> librarians ];
19:05 jcamins $migrating=[A-Y,B-medium-high,C-Try to avoid overlap with the first,D-librarians]
19:06 cait $migrating=[A-Y,B-=>medium, C-Try to avoid overlap with the first,D-librarians]
19:06 slef first being the 10 tips?
19:06 thd $migrating = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:07 slef $developingCountry ?
19:07 cait slef: migration heuristics
19:07 jwagner Sorry, I was pulled away on a problem, doesn't look like you need me, though....
19:07 slef cait: yeah that one
19:07 wahanui yeah that one is populated
19:07 slef wahanui: swine!
19:07 wahanui slef: huh?
19:07 jcamins $developingCountries=[A-Y,B-high,C-none,D-both]
19:08 slef $developingCountry = [A=> Y, B=> high, C=> no, D=> both];
19:08 cait $developingCountry=[A-Y,B-high,C-none,D-both]
19:08 thd $developingCountry = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'no', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:08 slef $needMoreInfo ?
19:08 cait yay!
19:08 cait we agreed :)
19:09 slef cait: I believe in miracles... and I think I'll stop there
19:09 cait $needMoreInfo = [A-Y,B-high,C-none,D-librarians]
19:10 slef $needMoreInfo = [ A=> Y, B=> high, C=> maybe-lengthen?, D=> librarians];
19:10 thd $needMoreInfo = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'unknown', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:10 cait $needMoreInfo = [ A=> Y, B=> high, C=> maybe-lengthen?, D=> librarians];
19:10 slef $metadata ?
19:11 cait reading
19:11 jcamins $metadata=[A-Y,B-high,C-none,D-both?]
19:11 slef $metadata = [ A=> Y, B=> medium, C=> source?, D=> developers? ];
19:12 thd $metadata = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'no', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:12 cait $metadata = [ A=> Y, B=> high C=> none, D=> both ];
19:12 slef $makingKohaBetter ?
19:12 cait slef: source?
19:12 wahanui hmmm... source is published you should be able to see it
19:12 slef cait: see wahanui
19:12 cait wahanui: forget source
19:12 wahanui cait: I forgot source
19:12 jcamins cait: it should be provided.
19:13 cait ??
19:13 cait now I am even more confused
19:13 slef awww he gives a correct answer and gets brainwashed
19:13 slef poor wahanui!
19:13 cait isn't that what happens in school too?
19:13 cait cait?
19:13 wahanui That's Ms. Cait to you! or in a very good mood today :)
19:13 cait hm kf?
19:13 wahanui well, kf is cait or really, really sweet. or <reply>she gives me memory loss or a holds expert.
19:13 jcamins cait: they talk about scraping scripts, but it's unclear whether the source for the scripts will be shared.
19:14 cait aah
19:14 slef cait: I wonder how much source code is available. The scraping-to-z39.50 is particularly interesting.
19:14 slef $makingKohaBetter ?
19:14 jcamins I have no idea what this last one is about.
19:14 jcamins (and I read the abstract)
19:14 cait I have an idea who that is - so I guess it will be available
19:14 thd $makingKohaBetter = ['A'=>'Y', 'B'=>'high', 'C'=> 'no', 'D'=>'mixed'];
19:15 cait $makingKohaBetter =  [ A=> Y, B=> medium, C=> maybe shorten?, ask for better description?, D=> ? ];
19:15 slef That'll teach me to rush the abstract through at the last minute! And I'm not going to vote on that one, sorry.
19:15 slef ok, that's the queue processed
19:15 slef I'll just look up who that linking records one is
19:16 slef tajoli@cilea
19:16 slef ok, fuller details will be uploaded to the web soon
19:16 slef thanks for all your help in that marathon!
19:17 slef any questions before we move to next and final topic?
19:17 thd If there may be three presentations by one party, that party should probably not dominate on any one day.
19:18 jcamins thd: even more so with five presentations by the same group!
19:18 thd s/three/multiple/
19:18 cait thd: I feel 5 from same organisation si really bit much - combining them would be good in my opinion
19:18 slef I'll probably suggest a draft schedule to next meeting, if I can make time next Wednesday
19:19 thd Technical presentations should not dominate any non-developer days.
19:19 cait i will do the same for the hackfest if that's ok
19:19 cait #action slef suggest a draft schedule for conf if he can make time
19:20 cait #action cait suggest a hackfest schedule to be discussed - perhaps some variatons
19:20 thd Non-librarian oriented technical discussions may not be the best idea as the first presentation of the day.
19:20 cait I wonder if we should push the more technical ones on the 3rd day
19:20 slef probably a slight bias to that, yes
19:21 cait slef: what's your impression from the registrations - are people staying for both?
19:21 slef but not exclusively... would like to encourage interaction between libs and devs
19:21 slef cait: ooh let me look
19:21 thd I agree with cait except as slef wrote "not exclusively".
19:22 cait i can agree to that too :)
19:22 slef more at both than not
19:22 slef only one hackfest-only registration so far
19:22 cait oh?
19:23 cait mine?
19:23 wahanui well, mine is very good at reminding me of druthb's place on the food chain.
19:23 cait ah, hackfest only
19:23 cait misread
19:23 slef 11 conference-only
19:23 slef rest are dual
19:23 slef which is what I'd expect before papers are announced
19:23 cait i think probably the usual suspects so far? :)
19:24 cait #topic Next Meeting
19:24 slef no some names I don't recognise
19:24 slef next meeting is next Wednesday, 18:00 UTC
19:24 thd wahanui: Is druthb in your menu as edible?
19:24 cait #info next meeting is next Wednesday, 18:00 UTC
19:25 cait #endmeeting ?
19:25 cait :)
19:25 slef and the prize for most surprising statement of the meeting goes to thd!
19:25 slef cait: yep
19:25 jcamins lol
19:26 slef thanks everyone... I may be back later if I can
19:26 wizzyrea I can't even begin to understand that statement
19:26 cait bye slef
19:27 narcisgarcia Oh, I hope this meeting has been productive and pleasant.
19:27 jcamins narcisgarcia: I don't know about pleasant, but we survived it. ;)
19:28 cait jcamins: we had longer less productive irc meetings
19:28 cait :)
19:28 jcamins cait: true.
19:28 narcisgarcia He, he. Would be less pleasant if you didn't survive.
19:28 jcamins lol
19:28 jcamins True.
19:28 narcisgarcia Then it has been much productive.
19:28 narcisgarcia It influences over pleasure.
19:30 narcisgarcia I'm still configuring my new Koha installation, and, of course, I've waited for this moment to ask some...
19:30 narcisgarcia We have two classifications for item tymes: support and format.
19:30 narcisgarcia Support: paper, optical, tape, computer file, etc.
19:31 narcisgarcia Format: text, audio, video, drawing, photo, etc.
19:31 narcisgarcia Is it possible with Koha to have this separation?
19:31 jcamins narcisgarcia: that's described in the 008 field if you're using MARC21, and a different field if you're using UNIMARC.
19:31 cait what jcamins said
19:32 cait it's coded into the bibliographic record
19:32 narcisgarcia I selected MARC21.
19:32 jcamins You'll want to read about whichever flavor of MARC you are using.
19:32 cait and Koha will show it and generate nice icons
19:32 jcamins Okay, you should read...
19:32 jcamins
19:32 narcisgarcia I was defining item types.
19:33 cait itemtypes define circulation rules
19:33 jcamins You can specify whichever item types you want.
19:33 cait not really itemtypes
19:33 narcisgarcia For the moment, I'm setting as item types only the Support.
19:33 cait you should choose your itemtypes according to your circulatoin rules
19:33 cait for example we are using variations of: normal, reference, short loan
19:33 narcisgarcia In the Newbie guide says that this is a main configuration step.
19:34 cait yes, bcause later your rules depend on it
19:34 cait for circulation
19:34 cait so that is important and worth some thoughts
19:34 cait and it's normally causing confusion, because people think itemtypes mean it has to be books, cd, dvd... etc., but it hasn't
19:34 narcisgarcia Circulation is referred to how the (books) move between libraries and personas?
19:34 cait yes
19:35 cait loan period, if there is a rental charge, how many renewals, ...
19:35 narcisgarcia Well, for the moment the supports similarity is good for me.
19:36 wizzyrea I think of it like itemtypes are "types of things" - book, dvd
19:36 narcisgarcia What I cannot do is videoCD, videoDVD, videoTAPE, videoFILE, videoBLURAY, textPOSTER, textBOOK, textFILE, etc..
19:37 wizzyrea collection code is more like genre
19:37 narcisgarcia (because it could be an inifinite type list)
19:37 wizzyrea right, I think you want to use a combination of item type and collection code
19:38 narcisgarcia But then I'll need to find a classification for genres
19:38 cait narcisgarcia: you can use all those differently
19:38 wizzyrea so you don't really have two, you have 3
19:38 cait I think the only important thing is: itemtypes are used for circulation rules, collectons and locations only for searching
19:38 wizzyrea ^^
19:40 narcisgarcia Ok.
19:44 narcisgarcia Another question:
19:45 narcisgarcia (Basic parameters) Libraries, branches, groups
19:45 narcisgarcia Libraries, I understand as a physical building
19:45 wizzyrea don't worry about groups
19:45 narcisgarcia Groups, I understand as a name for more than one library near or related.
19:46 narcisgarcia But branches I don't know and I don't find.
19:46 wizzyrea it's only half implemented and mostly not working - we should tear it out.
19:46 wizzyrea just think of branches the same way you think of libraries.
19:46 wizzyrea and they are defined in the same way.
19:46 narcisgarcia In the translation to spanish and french, branches doesn't exist.
19:46 narcisgarcia I've already defined tho search groups: public and private.
19:47 Guillaume joined #koha
19:47 cait wizzyrea: I think the search groups actually work
19:48 cait in advanced search you can search for more tan one branch that way
19:48 cait like grouping libraries on one campus
19:48 cait or in one city... region, whatever
19:48 wizzyrea neat.
19:56 wizzyrea chris_n: about?
19:57 narcisgarcia PATRONS: I understand that are users categories, right?
19:58 narcisgarcia Does this affect to user rights?
19:58 narcisgarcia (or can?)
19:59 narcisgarcia I this the place where we can classify anonymous users, autoregistered users, and affiliated users, for example?
20:00 chris_n wizzyrea: here
20:00 chris_n css time?
20:00 * chris_n looks at bug 7998
20:00 wizzyrea well yes :)
20:00 cait narcisgarcia: normally it's more like students, teachers, adults, childs
20:00 wizzyrea lol how did you know
20:01 wizzyrea besides the obvious "you got email pertaining to the subject"
20:01 chris_n wizzyrea: well... I was just pulling my hair out trying to adjust some css for my datatables when bz emailed me about that bug
20:01 chris_n opps
20:01 narcisgarcia We don't distinct in age of users.
20:01 wizzyrea the distinctions are arbitrary and defined by you
20:01 chris_n sorry for so boring an explanation :-)
20:02 narcisgarcia And we have public libraries with also private area for private books.
20:02 chris_n wizzyrea: I'll git bz it now
20:02 wizzyrea I don't think I broke anything spectacularly.
20:03 narcisgarcia I see the possibility to create patron types, but not patron categories. Are the same concept in Koha?
20:04 narcisgarcia Sorry; I can create categories, not types.
20:04 chris_n wizzyrea: one patch or more?
20:04 wizzyrea only one now
20:04 chris_n k
20:04 wizzyrea I was working, and squashed them all together
20:05 chris_n yeah, the purple was bit outlandish
20:05 chris_n looks *very* nice now
20:05 wizzyrea just a typo I think
20:05 narcisgarcia Oh, I must leave.
20:05 narcisgarcia Good bye.
20:05 wizzyrea ah later :)
20:05 narcisgarcia And thanks for all the help
20:05 wizzyrea sure thing anytime
20:06 mveron joined #koha
20:06 chris_n wizzyrea: can we round the corners of the text field in the search bar?
20:06 * chris_n does not want much... ;-)
20:06 wizzyrea yes, probably :)
20:06 mveron Good evening #koha
20:06 chris_n rount++
20:06 chris_n round++ #rather
20:07 chris_n this really makes me want every page reworked... but switching to jQuery would allow us to use themeroller
20:09 wizzyrea chris_n: see the followup I just attached to the bug
20:09 wizzyrea for the round corners
20:09 mveron Question about naming conventions (CamelCase) in Sysem Preferences: I see 'IntranetUserCSS' and 'intranetuserjs'. Should new prefs be CamelCased?
20:09 magnus_afk themeroller++
20:09 * wizzyrea is not familiar with themeroller
20:10 chris_n wizzyrea:
20:10 cait mveron: I think more are camelcased than not - so I would perhaps go with that
20:10 chris_n camelcased is probably more readable in this case
20:10 wizzyrea ohh
20:10 wizzyrea nice.
20:11 chris_n wizzyrea: can I just git bz again?
20:11 wizzyrea sure
20:11 chris_n and get the other patch?
20:11 wizzyrea yup it's on top of the first
20:12 chris_n you must be a mind reader
20:12 chris_n I was thinking the button would look good rounded as well
20:12 * chris_n signs off
20:12 * wizzyrea cheers
20:13 wizzyrea the header may still wrap with long translations :/
20:13 wizzyrea but we can make it bigger if necessary
20:13 wizzyrea feel free to squash those
20:13 wizzyrea if you want
20:14 wizzyrea my personal favorite part of this patch is the blue toolbar and the blue menu divs
20:14 wizzyrea it looks snappy. :)
20:15 libsysguy left #koha
20:16 cait screenshots? :)
20:16 wizzyrea :)
20:16 wizzyrea sec
20:17 chris_n do, done, did
20:17 wizzyrea
20:18 wizzyrea
20:18 wizzyrea (do note I didn't fix *everything* there that I might like to)
20:19 chris_n why did I read 'Acevedo' as 'Avocado'?
20:19 * wizzyrea giggles
20:19 * chris_n likes to see all of the bz tabs open in wizzyrea's browser
20:22 chris_n shall I sign off on the third as well?
20:22 cait nice :)
20:23 wizzyrea sure - I suspect that I'll have another omnibus here in a bit
20:23 wizzyrea i found some places that need borders that don't have them.
20:23 wizzyrea
20:23 wizzyrea there cait, that's for you :)
20:23 cait oh :)
20:23 cait wizzyrea++ :)
20:23 wizzyrea the others were too
20:26 chris_n k, all signed off and squashed into one
20:26 wizzyrea YAY
20:26 wizzyrea ty :)
20:27 chris_n themeroller would be nice because one can create one's own theme and apply it easily as well as sharing and maintaining an easy upgrade path
20:28 wizzyrea yea for sure, that would be so nice.
20:28 chris_n gotta run, bbl
20:28 wizzyrea later :)
20:29 wizzyrea chris_n++
20:29 wizzyrea cait: ok?
20:29 cait the blue?
20:30 cait or the ronded edges?
20:30 kathryn joined #koha
20:30 wizzyrea and the slight border around the blue
20:30 wizzyrea and the roundy corners.
20:30 cait yep I like
20:31 wizzyrea i feel a bit funny tinkering with the look of the intranet >.>
20:31 cait the line around the refine search seems a bit different than the lin eon the dop of the search?
20:31 cait what I would ike to see
20:31 wizzyrea well, I think
20:31 cait is us using more classes
20:31 cait so we can change the color of things with a few css statements
20:31 cait simplyfying changes like that
20:31 cait not needing so much tinkering
20:31 kathryn Morning all : )
20:32 wizzyrea hi kathryn :)
20:32 cait hi kathryn :)
20:32 cait so people could apply a new color scheme very easy
20:32 wizzyrea interestingly the definition of those things are exactly the same
20:32 wizzyrea the border on refine
20:32 wizzyrea and the border on the search header
20:34 wizzyrea oh I see why
20:34 wizzyrea cait:
20:35 cait :)
21:11 cait left #koha
21:37 edveal left #koha
21:39 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:43 talljoy joined #koha
21:52 maximep left #koha
22:05 JesseM left #koha
22:39 chris_n wizzyrea++ #I'll squash and sign off later this evening
22:39 chris_n paul_p will have his work cut out when he gets back :-)
23:04 eythian hi
23:04 wahanui hi, eythian
23:04 eythian wahanui: oh, so you're talking to me now, huh?
23:04 wahanui eythian: bugger all, i dunno
23:16 * jcamins_away finds a 30lb hook, discovers that he doesn't have any matching nails.
23:17 jcamins_away I always wondered, growing up, why my father had a toolbox full of screws and nails that he never used.
23:17 jcamins_away This is why.
23:18 jcamins_away Because if you don't have lots of extra, you will be lacking the one tiny piece of metal you need to finish something.
23:19 * jcamins_away goes off in search of a nail that he almost certainly doesn't own.
23:35 mtj anyone spotted this?... ->
23:35 ronald joined #koha
23:36 mtj[…]id=icb.page498373
23:36 mtj heya ronald :)
23:37 mtj 'April 24, 2012 – The Harvard Library announced it is making more than 12 million catalog records from Harvard’s 73 libraries publicly available.'
23:37 ronald heya mtj
23:37 mtj[…]s/?pagemode=print
23:38 mtj wow...  'Harvard plans also to eventually include circulation data on the items as well'
23:40 ago43 joined #koha
23:43 Judit joined #koha
23:43 Judit good morning

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary