IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 Oak joined #koha
00:18 Shane-S joined #koha
00:21 Shane-S so I need a little help I made a mistake in a patch, and I want to correct it, how would I append my change to the patch in git?
00:21 eythian Shane-S: git commit --amend is possibly what you need
00:22 eythian it changes the previous commit to incorporate the new stuff
00:22 Shane-S hmm...well I made a second patch since then (different file though) is there a way to add it to an older patch?
00:22 Oak kia ora #koha
00:22 Oak @wunder islamabad
00:23 huginn Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 7.0°C (5:00 AM PKT on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
00:23 Shane-S or should I just made a new patch specifing the files again?
00:23 eythian Shane-S: make a new commit, then do git rebase -i master, reorder things and squash the two patches that should go together.
00:24 eythian (maybe replace master with whatever you've based this branch on)
00:24 Shane-S that just went over my head...still new to this, I will try and just re-add the file to a new patch will that work?\
00:24 eythian probably not
00:24 eythian because it's been added
00:25 sturmtruppen another newbie question...
00:25 sturmtruppen /usr/bin/zebraidx(32637) [warn] Cannot open `zebra.cfg' [No such file or directory]
00:25 sturmtruppen ???????????????
00:25 eythian Have a go with the rebase, it gives you some instructions in the editor that comes up
00:25 eythian sturmtruppen: how have you installed things?
00:25 Shane-S where are you getting that sturmtruppen ?
00:26 sturmtruppen hi everyone
00:26 sturmtruppen i installed by git
00:26 Shane-S did you use aptitude last night?
00:26 Shane-S didn't*
00:26 sturmtruppen after a new collocation of a book, i try /usr/bin/zebraidx -d koha
00:27 eythian sturmtruppen: don't do that
00:27 sturmtruppen yes, last night. New day, new virtual machine, new installation method
00:27 eythian wahanui: faq
00:27 wahanui faq is found at
00:27 eythian look at the stuff at the bottom of the faq
00:28 eythian you can't use zebraidx directly
00:28 Shane-S sturmtruppen: well if you installed by git and followed a guide it would have listed -z -b -a somewhere, never seen zebraidx anywhere for making it index books
00:28 Shane-S it should also have made you make it cron/crontab job
00:29 sturmtruppen ok, now i read.
00:29 sturmtruppen back in 5
00:30 Shane-S rebasing huh.. I have some reading myself :P
00:30 * Shane-S new I would f* up with git somehow
00:31 eythian you can always recover
00:31 eythian that's why it's good.
00:32 Shane-S eythian: do you know much about patching? not sure what I do with bug 7646 this is why I am re-patching, I forgot </style> DOH!
00:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7646 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Failed QA , Printing w/o the SQL Code showing
00:33 Shane-S wait had a genius idea...what if I just add a "space" to the other file, then git will see a change
00:33 Shane-S then I can re-add it to git right?
00:34 * Shane-S admits its probably an idiots idea..
00:34 eythian Shane-S: no, it doesn't really work like that
00:34 eythian you're not adding files, you're adding changes.
00:35 Shane-S so it would assume my changes aren't diff then the master?
00:35 eythian well, it's looking relative to the previous commit
00:36 eythian if I get this right, you have three commits: A, B, C. A and C should be joined up, B is something different, right?
00:38 Shane-S I have A B and a fit to A
00:38 Shane-S fix
00:38 Shane-S only 2 patches made so far by me
00:39 Shane-S A is not related to B in any way , it (B) is in OPAC, A is in Reports
00:40 Shane-S I stupidly did A from a copy and paste, and missed the </style> closing tag and made the patch
00:40 * Shane-S notes it was HIS work, but copied from a pastebin submission before I got git to patch
00:41 eythian create C with your new fix, and use the rebase command to glue A and C together
00:41 Shane-S okay...reads more on rebase
00:42 eythian it's complicated, but once you understand how that works, a lot more about git becomes clear
00:42 eythian Then you'll be the one explaining how things work to people :)
00:42 jenkins_koha Starting build #648 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 1 j 8 h ago)
00:43 Shane-S looks like I should make my patch, as per normal, then use git rebase -i to get an insteractive squash option?
00:45 eythian <eythian> Shane-S: make a new commit, then do git rebase -i master, reorder things and squash the two patches that should go together.
00:45 eythian ;)
00:45 Shane-S *gives it a try...
00:49 sturmtruppen ok, i run -b -r -v
00:50 sturmtruppen done, but i obtain a warning: Record didn't contain match fields in (bib1,Local-number)
00:50 sturmtruppen and i don't found the book on catalog
00:50 eythian I see that warning sometimes, never sure if it's important.
00:50 Shane-S you say re-order, can I not to do squash, pick, squash (I have 3 patches at the top that all said pick, I assume I change what needs to be combined)
00:50 eythian Try adding another -v to the rebuild,. it'll give you more info
00:51 eythian Shane-S: squash doesn't make sense for the first one,.
00:51 eythian it squashes it into the previously picked commit
00:51 sturmtruppen -b -v, same warning
00:51 eythian so you want to reorder and do p,s,p or p,p,s or something
00:51 Shane-S oh, what do I put if I don't want any change (the second line is a GOOD patch)
00:51 eythian pick
00:52 eythian but move it around
00:52 eythian to put the two to combine next to each other
00:52 eythian make one pick and the second squash
00:52 Shane-S ah okay, hence reorder, got it now
00:52 eythian sturmtruppen: no, another -v
00:52 eythian so there's two of them
00:53 sturmtruppen no results found
00:55 eythian yes, but the important part is if it told you how many records it added.
00:55 sturmtruppen Records exported: 1
00:56 sturmtruppen that's right because i inserted only one record
00:56 Shane-S eythian: last question said I had success how can I check?
00:56 eythian Shane-S: git log will tell you
00:56 eythian sturmtruppen: OK, so your indexing seemed to work.
00:57 eythian Do you have the zebrasrv process running?
00:57 sturmtruppen how can i see it?
00:57 eythian ps ax|grep zebrasrv
00:57 sturmtruppen i'm very newbie
00:58 sturmtruppen 2576 pts/2    S+     0:00 grep zebrasrv
00:59 eythian it's not running, you'll have to look in your instructions about how to set it up
00:59 sturmtruppen on the faq?
01:00 eythian no, the instructions you're using to set up koha
01:03 sturmtruppen i have no zebra.conf file... and i do not understand why....
01:03 sturmtruppen zebra.cfg, sorry
01:04 eythian you don't need one
01:04 eythian if you follow the instructions you used to install Koha, it'll tell you how to set up zebra
01:04 Shane-S damnit, it didn;t merge!
01:05 Shane-S it just killed the other patch
01:05 sturmtruppen i installed from git.
01:05 eythian Shane-S: unless you deleted the line, it will still be there
01:06 eythian sturmtruppen: then follow the instuctions that you used to install from git to set up zebra
01:06 Shane-S where are the log...cause in my kohaclone/,git/logs I just have HEAD and prefs
01:07 eythian you type git log
01:07 sturmtruppen i understand. here are and tomorrow morning i have to go to work. sorry if seems i'm a bit stupid or slow now...
01:08 eythian sturmtruppen: it's not easy to give specific instructions because it depends on how things are set up, hence doing it the way that's described in the instructions
01:09 sturmtruppen ok. thanks for your patience but i'm too tired. I have only few hours to rest.
01:09 eythian then sleep and continue it later :)
01:09 sturmtruppen good night. i'm ko.
01:09 eythian cya
01:09 Shane-S just shows my 2 patches with Mar5 and Mar7 dates, nothing for today, and then other peoples commits
01:09 jenkins_koha joined #koha
01:10 eythian that's fairly confusing
01:10 eythian it should be the two two
01:10 eythian you did have all three lines in there when you saved the rebase file?
01:10 Shane-S yeah, pick, then squash, and a pick
01:10 eythian top two rather
01:11 Shane-S I copied line 3 to line 2, and added squash in place of pick
01:11 Shane-S when it asked me to pick a name, I commented out the second files name and left the  1st
01:12 Shane-S it only asked for the 2 that I have pick and squash on, the 3rd line, the different patch, wasn't in the name part
01:12 Shane-S Should I remake correction to patch 1 and try to rebase again?
01:13 eythian got a server down, busy dealing with that
01:14 Shane-S okay np, I will have to figure it out
01:14 eythian git revlog will let you always get back to where you were
01:15 Shane-S maybe it is because I didn't make it a patch...I just got to commit, I never did format-patch?
01:19 Shane-S damn...tried re-adding that line and it didn't work
01:19 eythian no, commiting makes a patch internally
01:25 Shane-S I just tried git reflog, get merg e3.... to the point where it had commit: added missing </style> and then I do git status, it doesn;t show my moded file anymore
01:25 Shane-S says I am 6 commits ahead of master though
01:26 * Shane-S thinks he should wipe it out and just start from a 0 status and remake the patch it is only 12 lines of code in 2 files
01:32 Shane-S git fetch origin ; git reset --hard origin/master will that do it for me?
01:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #648: STILL UNSTABLE in 52 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/648/
01:41 melia left #koha
01:43 eythian Shane-S: sorta
01:43 eythian not as you'd expect though
01:43 eythian fetch just downloads, you need to checkout a branch
01:43 Shane-S I think I got it
01:44 eythian also, if you don't have --hard, then your changes will still be there.
01:44 Shane-S even though status didn;t show me anything, when I did rebase it came up with the commit
01:44 Shane-S and I just did a diff, and my change was in there
01:44 Shane-S so now its time to upload the patch (again) and see
01:44 eythian git status doesn't show commits
01:46 Shane-S damn still not there, do I have to re-make the patch after I rebase and squash?
01:47 Shane-S cause my git diff show the changes
01:51 Shane-S yep that was it...didn't know it was not re-making the patch
01:52 eythian git diff shows you the difference between the working copy and what's been added to git
01:52 Shane-S thanks for the help eythian , hope you get the servers back up
01:52 eythian so if diff shows it up, then you haven't committed it, so git log and such will not show it up
01:54 Shane-S but doing git format-patch master worked, wouldn't that have failed had it not been committed?
01:55 eythian yep. Which suggests there's some information I don't have that I'd need to explain it.
01:56 Shane-S well end result is it works, reflog helped, so thanks :P
01:57 eythian cool
01:57 eythian it's a lifesaver of a command
01:57 Shane-S I am off to bed now :)
02:01 rangi @later tell nengard http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Docs/6/console
02:01 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
02:09 jcamins rangi: reindex didn't fix it?
02:09 rangi naw the build trashes the indexes
02:09 rangi ill have to think up a new plan
02:09 rangi it does a full make
02:10 jcamins Hm.
02:10 rangi it tests the whole install process, not just the unit tests
02:10 rangi and in doing so, trashes our indexes
02:10 jcamins Hm. That should work properly, then.
02:10 rangi and to reindex each time takes too long
02:10 jcamins Ohh.
02:11 jcamins Right.
02:11 jcamins Yeah, that's an issue.
02:11 rangi because there are 80k biblio etc
02:11 jcamins Yeah... not suitable.
02:11 rangi ill have a think i think i can get a zebra running and then have the tests hit it
02:19 jcamins I have to install X to *build* DSpace?
02:22 rangi ouch
02:24 eythian X or xorg-common?
02:24 wizzyrea1 joined #koha
02:24 eythian nothing should depend on X, but things requiring xorg-common is pretty common if it needs font handling stuff to produce PDFs or whatever.
02:51 druthb joined #koha
02:51 druthb o/
03:41 mtj hi all.. i have a .tt / translate question...
03:41 mtj is this an acceptable bit of template code...?
03:42 mtj <form name="tagform[% SEARCH_RESULT.biblionumber %]" method="post" action="/cgi-bin/koha/">
03:43 mtj see.. i would have thought 'not'  - as it has a .tt directive embedded in an html element
03:43 mtj yet, 'prove xt' passes the code with a success ?!?
03:44 mtj so... is prove correct here, or incorrect?
03:45 mtj i really hope to be "proven" wrong  here :p
03:48 mtj .
03:49 mtj hmm, looking at some existing .tt files - my hunch is that simple .tt directives are ok in html elements
03:50 mtj i assume the problem is with many *nested* .tt directives in a single html element ?
04:13 Oak joined #koha
06:15 sturmtruppen joined #koha
06:15 sturmtruppen hi eythian, hi everyone
06:19 sturmtruppen back again to fight vs zebrasrv... and i gonna lose!
06:21 Oak i'll bring the bugle
06:22 sturmtruppen thanks
06:22 sturmtruppen :)
06:24 cait joined #koha
06:29 cait good morning #koha
06:30 sturmtruppen morning cait
06:30 cait morning sturmtruppen
06:31 sturmtruppen i decided to use git installation, but i have problem with zebrasrv
06:32 cait what is the problem
06:32 wahanui i guess the problem is its human beings doing it
06:32 cait ?
06:32 sturmtruppen not starting
06:32 sturmtruppen zebra.cfg not found
06:32 cait hmm
06:33 cait I am not sure
06:33 cait permissions?
06:33 cait all zebra files should be owned by the user who owns the koha files
06:34 sturmtruppen i installed by root...maybe is that the problem?
06:34 sturmtruppen by root...seem to be in a kinder garden...
06:35 dgl_library joined #koha
06:36 cait perhaps
06:36 cait most of the times the problems i had were permissions
06:36 sturmtruppen do you know where i can found a git guide to installation of koha?
06:40 mbalmer joined #koha
06:52 cait sturmtruppen: hm
06:52 cait sturmtruppen: sorry, not really here yet
06:53 dgl_library sturmtruppen (horrible name, btw), is this what you're looking for?[…]eeze_(Git_Method)
06:53 cait that looks good
06:53 dgl_library you'll need to copy the bit in parenthesis as well
06:53 dgl_library anyway… hi everyone, I was on here about 18 hours ago asking about problems with my Koha installation. it seems the problem was that the superuser "kohaadmin" doesn't have proper privileges and so can't do everything it's supposed to do. I wonder if anyone knows of a way to manually fix kohaadmin's privileges in the database?
06:54 sturmtruppen already followed, but there is no part about zebrasrv...
06:54 cait sturmtruppen: sorry not really here yet
06:55 dgl_library afk
06:55 sturmtruppen dgl_library: do you the comic "sturmtruppen"?
06:55 cait sturmtruppen: you did run the web installer?
06:55 dgl_library nope
06:55 dgl_library afk … lunch
06:56 sturmtruppen cait: yes, already done the previously installation.
06:56 cait ok, so you have koha running  but you need to get searchworking?
06:57 sturmtruppen i removed the installation, i'm starting again from scratch this morning
06:57 sturmtruppen git has just finished
06:57 cait ah ok
06:57 cait after you did the git clone
06:57 sturmtruppen[…]eeze_(Git_Method)
06:58 cait you run the makefile
06:58 cait and select a dev install
06:58 cait I think you decided to go with igt because oyu want to change things possibly?
06:59 sturmtruppen because i used git with OpenFOAM and was a good way to learn. Here i hope it's the same
06:59 cait if you want to develop or have local customizations git is good
07:00 cait it's not really different to other install methods
07:00 cait after you did the git clone
07:00 cait sorry, have to get ready for work
07:00 sturmtruppen i'm newbie. first thing learn how to customize koha working. than try to apply what i've learned
07:01 sturmtruppen then
07:02 laurence joined #koha
07:06 alex_a bonjour
07:09 cait sturmtruppen: you will get there - I am onl ynot really awake yet
07:09 cait morning alex_a
07:09 sturmtruppen morning alex_a
07:10 sturmtruppen cait: i need a coffe first
07:11 alex_a sturmtruppen: coffe, good idea
07:11 alex_a morning cait and sturmtruppen
07:11 sturmtruppen ls
07:12 sturmtruppen sorry, wrong monitor... i really need coffe!
07:12 alex_a :)
07:25 cait left #koha
07:44 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:47 Oak magnuse
07:47 magnuse Oak
07:49 magnuse long time no see!
07:49 Oak :)
07:49 Oak was busy with exams...
07:50 reiveune joined #koha
07:50 reiveune hello
07:50 Oak hola reiveune
07:55 reiveune joined #koha
07:58 julian_m joined #koha
07:58 julian_m hello
07:58 wahanui privet, julian_m
08:02 sophie_m joined #koha
08:04 dgl_library is there anyone online at the moment who knows how to manually fix user privileges for kohaadmin?
08:06 magnuse dgl_library: what kind of privileges are you thinking of?
08:08 paul_p joined #koha
08:08 dgl_library magnuse: my installation is somehow faulty (and wizzyrea thought it might be the privileges)… when logged in as kohaadmin, if I go to the Home screen, there's no link under Cataloging except Authorities. nothing about adding items. and on the Patrons screen, when editing a particular patron, if I go to More > Set Permissions, there are no permissions to set.
08:09 dgl_library so maybe kohaadmin somehow doesn't have sufficient access privileges or something like that?
08:09 magnuse ah
08:10 mtj dgl_library: create a new user, in koha
08:10 magnuse and because of that you can't create a regular user and give it superlibrarian privileges?
08:10 mtj ... and give that user 'super-user' privs
08:11 mtj try adding a new user, then give that user super-privs?
08:11 asaurat joined #koha
08:15 francharb joined #koha
08:15 hdl joined #koha
08:16 francharb hello world
08:16 francharb ;)
08:17 Oak Bonjour francharb
08:17 hdl1 joined #koha
08:20 clrh hello
08:20 wahanui bonjour, clrh
08:22 Guillaume joined #koha
08:22 magnuse bonjour france
08:24 francharb ;)
08:36 paul_p joined #koha
08:46 dgl_library magnuse: sorry, I was away. are you saying creating a new Patron or a new user?
08:48 magnuse i was thinking about creating a new Koha-user of type Staff, with superlibrarian privileges
08:48 dgl_library I can create Patrons of type Staff
08:49 magnuse but i guess you can't give anyone any privileges?
08:49 dgl_library but I can't see any option to create users.
08:49 dgl_library correct.
08:49 magnuse weird
08:49 dgl_library what's the URL for creating users? I'll see if I can access it directly
08:50 mtj dgl_library:  user and patron are the same thing
08:50 magnuse i think you already said you can create patrons?
08:50 dgl_library yes
08:51 mtj so create a patron/user... give it super privs?
08:51 dgl_library just can't give them privileges
08:51 mtj the log-in as that user
08:51 mtj s/the/then/
08:51 mtj ah, ok... :/
08:51 magnuse dgl_library: and you have tried dropping and re-creating your database?
08:52 dgl_library I can create a patron of type staff. then I go to that user's details screen. More > Set Permissions
08:52 dgl_library The screen says "Set Privileges for Smith, John"
08:52 dgl_library And there is a button that says "Set Flags" and a Cancel link ---- nothing else
08:53 dgl_library Both the button and the link take me back to the previous screen.
08:53 dgl_library weird, eh?
08:53 magnuse have you checked if there is anything in the database table that holds the privileges?
08:53 magnuse very weird
08:53 dgl_library I can't really tell what's what in the database
08:54 dgl_library I was hoping there might be a database expert here
08:54 magnuse can you log in to mysql from the command line?
08:54 dgl_library yes
08:55 magnuse let's see if we can figure out some sql then
08:56 dgl_library I also downloaded the full database dump and can read it in a text editor
08:57 magnuse try "select * from userflags;"
08:58 magnuse and "select * from permissions;"
09:08 francharb joined #koha
09:08 dgl_library ok, will try now
09:08 dgl_library magnuse: sorry, how do I start?
09:09 magnuse ah, log in to mysql from the command line
09:09 magnuse mysql -u <kohadbuser> -p <kohadb>
09:09 dgl_library I mean, how do I open the right database from the command line.
09:10 magnuse replace <kohadbuser> and <kohadb> with the choices you made when you created the database
09:10 dgl_library ok
09:11 dgl_library select * from userflags;
09:11 dgl_library yields an empty set
09:11 magnuse ok, that's your problem, then
09:11 dgl_library select * from permissions;
09:11 magnuse that table did not get filled when you ran the web installer
09:11 dgl_library is empty too
09:11 dgl_library hmm!
09:11 dgl_library can I fix that manually?
09:11 dgl_library or……?
09:12 luisb joined #koha
09:12 kf joined #koha
09:12 magnuse guten tag kf
09:12 kf h magnuse :)
09:12 magnuse dgl_library: let me check...
09:12 magnuse did you do an "ordinary" english installation?
09:14 dgl_library no - I decided to go the "simple" way and use the Koha Virtual Appliance (Unconfigured version), which is Koha (English) on debian
09:14 magnuse and how did you "get" koha - packages, archive, git?
09:14 magnuse ah, ok
09:14 magnuse hm, i don't know exactly how that is put together
09:15 paul_p joined #koha
09:15 mtj yeah, me neither....
09:15 magnuse when you are on the command line, after logging in to the virtual machine, what do you see if you type "ls"?
09:15 mtj kyle.h from bywater did those, afaik
09:16 Oak kf, i know you are at work, but can I take your 5 minutes? need to ask one silly question?
09:16 magnuse is there a directory called "kohaclone" or something similar?
09:16 Oak and welcome back.
09:16 Oak Hello paul_p
09:16 Oak and luisb
09:16 kf Oak: sure
09:17 paul_p hi all (wifi connection crazy today...)
09:17 dgl_library bywater meaning of the "other" koha? because I contacted him before and he said it's the koha-community version
09:18 dgl_library command line: after doing "sudo -i" I see: root@koha:~# ……
09:18 dgl_library and then…
09:18 kf paul_p++
09:18 dgl_library "ls" is empty except for 2 sql files I've dumped
09:19 magnuse try "pwd"?
09:19 dgl_library magnuse: /root
09:19 magnuse ok, try "sudo find / -name "userflags.sql"
09:19 dgl_library that's not the normal koha user, though… shall I reboot and start again?
09:20 magnuse hm, you're logged in as root
09:20 magnuse is there another user on the virtual machine?
09:20 dgl_library I logged in as root a while ago
09:20 dgl_library yes, kohaadmin
09:20 wahanui well, kohaadmin is the db user
09:20 magnuse called "koha" or something?
09:20 dgl_library the search yielded lots of results
09:20 dgl_library yes
09:21 magnuse oh?
09:21 magnuse try "su kohaadmin"
09:21 dgl_library the user is called koha-console
09:21 magnuse ok "su koha-console" then
09:21 dgl_library unknown id: "kohaadmin"
09:21 dgl_library k
09:22 dgl_library that starts something called the "koha management console"
09:22 dgl_library I will quit that
09:22 magnuse ok'
09:22 dgl_library koha-console@koha:~$
09:23 magnuse then "pwd" again
09:23 dgl_library /home/kohaconsole
09:24 dgl_library sorry, it's /home/koha-console
09:24 magnuse ok, what does "ls" show you there?
09:24 paul_p kf why ++ ?
09:24 dgl_library ls is blank except for an sql dump I saved there
09:24 magnuse hmpf :-)
09:24 dgl_library aha
09:24 dgl_library cd /home
09:24 dgl_library ls
09:25 dgl_library koha koha-console
09:26 magnuse try "ls /home/koha"
09:27 magnuse i'm trying to find a good source for the sql files that should have been loaded by the web-installer
09:27 kf paul_p: mail on the list
09:27 magnuse oh and did you actually run the webinstaller, or was that already done for you?
09:27 kf paul_p but guess there are more reasons when I think about it :)
09:27 paul_p kf thx ;-)
09:29 kf paul_p: I think the release date was well known - and we really need 2 weeks for translation and 2 weeks to find evil bugs.
09:31 mtj dgl_library:  i woud simply start again, with a fresh VM
09:32 mtj take a mysqldump before the install
09:33 kf paul_p: not much time anyway, and lots of things to test
09:33 mtj ... and practice installing your 'un-configured' Koha
09:34 mtj dgl_library: something has gone wrong with your install... i would just start again - from a known, unconfigured point
09:36 mtj dgl_library: if  you are missing user_flags and permissions table-data, you will probably be missing other data too :/
09:36 mtj the easy fix, is to start again, from a working state
09:37 mtj and try the install again... perhaps you will have more success this time? :)
09:38 mtj if things go wrong... just reload you backup .sql dump again
09:55 Enorian joined #koha
10:13 dgl_library joined #koha
10:17 dgl-library joined #koha
10:17 dgl-library sorry, connectivity problems here. will be logging off again for a short time and then I'll be back.
10:31 paul_p OK, i'm pushing bug 7001... and call for large tests !
10:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Passed QA , User Configurable Slips
10:31 paul_p pousse master
10:34 magnuse yay!
10:34 kf woot :)
10:41 kf nice big improvement
10:42 dgl-library joined #koha
10:43 kf 3.8 is going to be great :)
10:43 kf authority matching, slips, nice acq enhancements
10:46 jenkins_koha Starting build #649 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 1 j 18 h ago)
10:50 vfernandes joined #koha
10:50 vfernandes hi guys :)
10:51 vfernandes one little question: i'm using bulkmarcimport to migrate biblio records... the 001 shouldn't be filled with the biblio.biblionumber? Using unimarc...
10:54 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 7001 follow-up for DBRev <[…]4b5ac82e0283f6493> / bug_7001: Issue and Reserve slips are notices. <[…]bc76efa3cc9cc00d7>
10:58 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5668] Star ratings in the opac <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5668>
11:13 dgl-library magnuse: are you still here?
11:19 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
11:19 Amit_Gupta heya magnuse
11:24 dgl-library1 joined #koha
11:26 dgl-library2 joined #koha
11:27 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #649: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/649/
11:27 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7001: Issue and Reserve slips are notices.
11:27 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7001 follow-up for DBRev
11:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
11:29 jcamins Yay!
11:30 jcamins (7001)
11:33 jcamins Oh look... there is another non-open source mobile interface for Koha.
11:33 dgl-library2 magnuse: ?
11:36 dgl-library joined #koha
11:37 magnuse dgl-library: sorry, i was away for a bit
11:37 magnuse jcamins: we better start building a proper one, eh?
11:38 dgl-library magnuse: no problem, so was I. anyway, we were about to try and see if we could hack those user permissions manually in mysql
11:38 magnuse i think mtj's advice migh be better than mine - to start over from scratch
11:40 dgl-library ugh. well anyway I've been working on that option in the background already.
11:40 dgl-library (fearing the worst)
11:40 jcamins magnuse: unfortunately, *open source* mobile interfaces would seem to be something that are hard to get funded.
11:41 magnuse dgl-library: trouble is, if those two tables are empty, who knows what other tables are empty?
11:41 magnuse jcamins: hm, eny reason why that should be hard than funding an open source ils?
11:41 dgl-library magnuse: yeah, I've been mulling over that same thought exactly
11:42 jcamins magnuse: I would've have thought so, but what do I know? SMFPL released their code, but there are, what, four other libraries who did it and are not releasing their code?
11:43 kmkale joined #koha
11:44 magnuse yeah, too bad
11:52 vfernandes guys anyone knows how to do analytic linkage in UNIMARC?
11:52 jcamins vfernandes: it involves the 461.
11:53 vfernandes yes i know that's using 461... but how it works
11:53 jcamins vfernandes: I have no idea, sorry.
11:53 jcamins To be honest, I'm impressed that I even know that it uses 461. ;)
11:54 vfernandes :)
11:54 vfernandes where i can find more info about this?
11:55 jcamins I have no idea, sorry.
11:55 jcamins unimarc?
11:55 wahanui unimarc is[…]ted-documentation
11:56 vfernandes i need to know which subfield i need to fill in order to the linkage appear on the OPAC
11:57 jcamins You could take a look at UNIMARC2OPACDetail.xsl.
11:57 jcamins I don't know for sure that it shows up at all, though.
12:12 jwagner joined #koha
12:18 Amit_Gupta heya jwagner
12:18 Amit_Gupta * paul.poulain: bug 7001 follow-up for DBRev
12:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
12:20 mbalmer hmm, need to install koha on my laptop _before_ marseill… ;)
12:20 magnuse mbalmer: sounds like a good idea :-)
12:20 jcamins mbalmer: might be a good idea.
12:20 kf yeah, good plan ;)
12:20 kf magnuse: will you be around sometimeon the weekendß
12:20 kf ?
12:22 magnuse hopefully, but can't promise
12:24 mbalmer I am installing from git on a development server right now.
12:24 mbalmer almost there...
12:31 mbalmer just the web page does not yet show up
12:36 vfernandes where i can find zebra indexation log
12:36 vfernandes ?
12:37 vfernandes i've having a problem with cronjobs
12:37 jcamins vfernandes: there is no log.
12:37 vfernandes i'm having a problem with rebuild zebra
12:38 jcamins Run it from the command line and see what error messages you get.
12:39 vfernandes when running in the crontab the scripts runs but the new records is not indexed... when running the same command in the shell it works fine and the record is indexed
12:39 vfernandes in the command line everything works fine
12:39 mbalmer grr, "The requested URL / was not found on this server"
12:39 vfernandes using the crontab the record is not indexed....
12:40 jcamins vfernandes: you should get e-mailed the output.
12:41 vfernandes the output of the script is correctly "Records exported: 0 .^M1 Records exported: 1"... so the problem should be in the indexation
12:41 ago43 joined #koha
12:42 jcamins vfernandes: you can add a -v (or two, or three) to the crontab.
12:42 jcamins Unfortunately, there is no log.
12:42 vfernandes i'm doing -v on the crontab command and redirecting the output to file
12:42 jcamins That's a good idea.
12:43 vfernandes but the reindex zebra log does not shows in the file
12:43 jcamins vfernandes: add a second -v
12:43 vfernandes i will try
12:53 vfernandes :/ didn't show the reindex output :/
13:00 mbalmer server works now.  \o/
13:03 collum joined #koha
13:06 ago43 joined #koha
13:07 chris_n very cool:[…]
13:09 magnuse mbalmer: yay!
13:11 mbalmer I think MySQL sysprefs.sql contains a syntax error in line 337
13:11 mbalmer at least that is what the online installer said
13:11 kf oh
13:11 kf not good
13:11 kf which pref?
13:11 jcamins chris_n: if only it were open source.
13:11 mbalmer the line reads:
13:11 mbalmer >>>>>> kc/master
13:11 jcamins Ouch!
13:11 kf merge error
13:11 mbalmer looks like a conflict not properly solved
13:11 jcamins Merge marker.
13:12 mbalmer yeah
13:12 kf must be fairly recent
13:12 kf I updated yesterday I think
13:12 kf mbalmer: could you send a patch to fix it?
13:12 jcamins Okay, time to go over to the new apartment again, and see what the contractors are up to.
13:12 magnuse[…]97af;hb=HEAD#l337
13:12 kf jcamins: have fun :)
13:12 magnuse good luck jcamins_away
13:12 jcamins_away Thanks!
13:12 mbalmer kf, no, because I don't know if sth is missing around there.
13:13 mbalmer the one who did it should do it, to be safe
13:13 NateC joined #koha
13:13 mbalmer maybe he/she removed sth else?
13:13 kf I think it probably happened when adding the new slip feature
13:13 mbalmer how I can I "clear" an existing installation, so that I can re-install it after the bug is fixed?
13:14 mbalmer kf, you only notice the problem when doing a fresh install
13:14 kf[…]eda319a9f7c84072d
13:14 kf would be safe to just remove
13:15 mbalmer yeah, looks so.
13:16 mbalmer I wonder if the installer stopped there or if mysql continued on the next line
13:17 mbalmer hmm, it sopped.
13:17 mbalmer so how can clear my current installation, do again get the webinstaller?
13:18 kf hm
13:18 kf truncate the table and run the sql file manually
13:18 kf perhaps
13:18 kf or if you just started
13:18 kf drop database xxx , create database xxx and run the webinstaller again
13:20 mbalmer I think I have a git problem, though:
13:20 mbalmer checked out master, created a vnode branch.  updated and installed the german translation there.
13:20 mbalmer then checked out master again.
13:20 oleonard joined #koha
13:21 mbalmer now git status shows me all that files in the vnode branch
13:23 kf hm
13:23 kf all the files or only the german files
13:24 kf mbalmer: after you did the trnaslation
13:24 kf you have to commit the files
13:24 mbalmer no, the german files the translator created.
13:24 kf or tell git to ignore them
13:24 kf yep
13:24 mbalmer ah, ok.
13:24 kf i sometimes use a .gitignore file
13:25 kf it's easier than comitting them and keeps them from showing up and annoying me
13:29 mbalmer but that only works for new files, not for modified ones.
13:29 mbalmer anyway, I fixed that sysprefs sql.  is that worth a Bug in gnats?
13:30 kf I think I woudl make it a follow up
13:30 kf mbalmer: what only works for new files?
13:31 kf ah, modified po files?
13:35 magnuse kf: if you use .git/info/exclude you don't have to track .gitignore in git :-)
13:35 mbalmer no it installed nicely.
13:35 mbalmer so where do I put that patch?
13:36 kf I would do it as a follow up
13:36 kf for the slip printing
13:36 kf because that's what caused the problem
13:36 magnuse bug 7001
13:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
13:36 kf bug 7001
13:37 mbalmer errm, I commit to my "bug" branch, then some magic git command will create the patch file, roght?
13:37 kf hm
13:37 kf you sould get git bz
13:37 kf when you don't have git bz
13:37 magnuse[…]Control_Using_Git
13:37 kf you can do: git add , git commit, git format-patch, git send-email... but that#s a lot of things tod o
13:37 magnuse[…]_bz_configuration
13:37 kf and you still have to attach the file to bugzilla
13:37 kf so git bz is the magic you want to use
13:38 kf mbalmer: make sure you have your email settings and things correctlsy
13:40 magnuse git-bz++
13:41 mbalmer yeah, I will got through that as soon as I have time.  For now I just liked to create a diff against the master branch from the bug branch where committed the syspref fix.
13:41 * magnuse just added git bz to a vm - took about 1 minute
13:42 chris_n jcamins: has anyone asked them to contribute?
13:42 mbalmer here, minutes are rare ;)
13:43 chris_n truth
13:43 magnuse swiss time, eh?
13:43 * magnuse is probably confusing mbalmer with someone else... bever mind
13:43 chris_n most of the time my minute account is in arrears
13:44 kf mbalmer: it will really save you lots of trouble to check out git bz
13:44 kf but
13:44 kf for now
13:44 kf git add
13:44 kf git commit
13:44 kf git format-patch origin/master I think
13:44 mbalmer ah format-patch !
13:45 chris_n jcamins: nm, I just did it
13:45 mbalmer since this one is trivial, I even signed it off (also, because I tested it)
13:45 kf hm no
13:45 kf don't sign it
13:45 kf just send it without sign-off
13:45 kf writing and signing off makes no sense, it might be trivial enough
13:45 kf and you shoudl always test code you authored
13:46 kf but it's trivial
13:46 kf paul_p might pick and push it without requiring sign-off or qa
13:46 mbalmer so how do I remove my "signed off"?
13:46 paul_p kf yes ?
13:46 mbalmer I put a comment: "accidentally signed off" ;)
13:46 kf git commit --amend
13:46 kf and delete the lines
13:46 kf you could just have deleted the sign-off line ;)
13:47 kf paul_p: there is a merge mistake in sysprefs.sql
13:47 kf mbalmer is sending a patch you can push
13:47 paul_p really ? yikes ...
13:47 kf[…]eda319a9f7c84072d
13:47 mbalmer okidoki.
13:47 mbalmer s/can push/should push asap/ ;)
13:47 paul_p grrrr... mbalmer, send me the patch, i'll push it immediatly
13:48 mbalmer one second...
13:48 paul_p & /me will improve his pre-commit hook...
13:49 * kf hands paul_p chocolate
13:49 paul_p mmm... it's already here, but non blocking. /me move to blocking test..
13:49 mbalmer paul_p, sent
13:49 paul_p (I mean it was detected and announced, but the patch can be commited though
13:49 paul_p )
13:51 kf mbalmer: where did you sent it?
13:51 mbalmer if you don't play with git all day, you immediately forget all about it, need to refresh my brain a bit, I guess
13:52 mbalmer kf, directly to paul's biblibre address, as he told me to
13:52 mbalmer paul_p: grrrr... mbalmer, send me the patch, i'll push it immediatly
13:52 paul_p kf he send it to me directly.
13:52 paul_p push on the way...
13:52 kf ah ok :)
13:52 paul_p pushed !
13:53 kf mbalmer++ paul_p++
13:53 mbalmer gracias!
13:53 paul_p and going back to bug 7144
13:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7144 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Passed QA , Floating collection
13:54 kf cool :)
13:54 kf good to see the big things going in now - better than later
13:54 kf gives us some time
13:55 kf paul_p: will Jonathan fix the lateorders or waiting for srdjan? (I spent a lot of time testing this feature... hate to see it broken)
13:55 paul_p kf I don't know, we will see. But i'm ready to revert 7001 if we can't find a volunteer !
13:57 nengard joined #koha
13:57 kf paul_p: that's the general problem with big changes... we have to find ways to do them... but have to be very careful :(
14:00 kf probably no really fail safe way to do it
14:02 jenkins_koha Starting build #650 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 1 j 21 h ago)
14:02 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Remove a merge marker. <[…]1ce3624887ea7ee53>
14:06 kf hmm
14:06 kf the status Checked for suggestions... what is it made for?
14:08 magnuse kf: where? bz?
14:08 kf hm no, suggestion moduel in acq :)
14:10 magnuse ah, no clue then
14:14 magnuse mbalmer: is that your first patch that makes it into koha?
14:14 kf magnuse: he is already listed I think :)
14:15 magnuse ah yes, number 167
14:15 magnuse never mind then
14:20 JesseM joined #koha
14:22 mbalmer and I hope many patches will come in the future, because we started our "operations" in switzerland for real.
14:23 mbalmer so Koha needs to be swissified a bit.
14:23 mbalmer (Chocolate user interface, holes in the cheese, watches, etc.. ;)
14:24 mbalmer we still need a nice logo, though.
14:26 maximep joined #koha
14:30 sekjal joined #koha
14:30 * magnuse volunteers to sign off on any patches implementing a Chocolate user interface!
14:33 kf hehe
14:33 sekjal morning, #koha
14:33 kf morning sekjal :)
14:33 magnuse kia ora sekjal
14:35 mbalmer I am thinking of adding support for network receipt printers and network label printers (for media barcode labels)
14:35 mbalmer so the perl code would talk directly to the printers via tcp/ip
14:36 kf mbalmer: I think there was noce code for network printers
14:36 kf there are still some traces... perhaps you will want to clean that up
14:36 mbalmer noce?
14:36 kf once
14:37 mbalmer ah ;)
14:37 * sekjal is excited about the possibility of a touch-gesture enabled Shelf Browser for mobile OPACs
14:37 kf I think there used to be a field on branches and on the "set library" screen
14:37 oleonard That was for Unix printers, not sure if that's the same thing
14:37 mbalmer we have intermec label printers here in the lab
14:37 kf mbalmer: there are some nice options for label printing in koha that you can activate in the sysprefs
14:37 mbalmer you can talk to these printers via tcp
14:40 * mbalmer has to many ideas
14:41 mbalmer to little time, to much perl
14:41 hdl1 kf: checked status has been asked by SAN Ouest provence, just to state that the suggestion contains enough information to try and ask for the book.
14:41 kf hdl1: thx
14:41 kf :)
14:41 kf meh
14:41 kf ie--
14:42 kf broke my whole layout
14:42 * kf wants to cry
14:42 kf it still works perfectly in firefox
14:42 mbalmer marseille question:  do most people work in Koha on their laptops or access remote Koha installations?
14:42 kf I have no idea how to debug this stupid thing
14:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #650: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/650/
14:42 jenkins_koha marc: Remove a merge marker.
14:42 kf mbalmer: I have one on my laptop, can work in thte train and everywhere, without needing internet connection
14:42 hdl1 mbalmer: remote koha installation
14:43 mbalmer I think I will use both a bit
14:43 kf oleonard: around?
14:43 hdl1 we have some virtual machines.
14:43 mbalmer on my laptop plus remote.  remote if I need help from my librarians...
14:45 oleonard Yes
14:45 oleonard Speaking of IE:[…]erabilities/10621
14:45 oleonard It's all in the URL really.
14:45 kf oleonard: could you perhaps help me out a little bit?
14:46 oleonard I'd be happy to try
14:46 kf thx a lot!
14:46 mbalmer friends don't let friends use IE..
14:46 kf pm'd you the url
14:46 kf mbalmer: yes... but you can't control users sadly
14:47 mbalmer .. but ignore you can them
14:47 kf not if the customers asks for it to work in ie
14:47 * mbalmer knows he is not being helpful right now
14:49 janPasi hmm... the cronjob in debian doesn't seem to run zebra properly
14:49 marcelr joined #koha
14:49 janPasi it doesn't update the index as it should
14:53 marcelr paul_p: you almost emptied the Passed QA list!
14:54 marcelr paul_p: still some time for finishing the qa on 7310? it still applies with one trivial merge conflict on sysprefs.sql
14:55 kf oleonard++
14:57 paul_p marcelr I QA the 7310 if you QA some Biblibre patches ;-)
14:57 marcelr you know i keep doing so :-)
14:57 paul_p (investigating but 7408 atm, and still not sure i'll push it...)
14:58 marcelr what is your doubt?
14:59 kf bug 7408
14:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Passed QA , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
14:59 kf marcelr: any news about your cool sru feature?
14:59 marcelr not really
14:59 kf I am really interested to be able to use xslt to fix some known problems
14:59 kf where is it stuck? do you want me to bribe someone with chocolate in marseille?
14:59 marcelr i think i will split it up
15:00 sekjal paul_p:  what's the issue with 7408?
15:00 marcelr get the marc conversion out of it
15:00 paul_p sekjal comment/question on the bug in a few seconds
15:00 marcelr hi sekjal
15:00 sekjal k, will check
15:00 sekjal hi, marcelr
15:02 kf separate sru from the crosswalk?
15:02 marcelr if crosswalk= marc->unimarc then yes
15:03 marcelr you could still do it but just put it in a xslt paramete
15:03 marcelr r
15:03 paul_p oh ! I think I just got it now !
15:03 marcelr good
15:05 paul_p expired reserve = reserve with an expiry date set, not reserve that are waiting for too long. The expiry date being set optionnally by the patron !!!
15:05 * wizzyrea waves
15:05 paul_p that's where I was misunderstanding !
15:05 paul_p hi wizzyrea
15:05 marcelr hi wizzyrea
15:06 marcelr thx for signoff on 7661
15:07 jcamins_away o/
15:07 marcelr hi jcamins
15:07 wizzyrea oh, you're welcome :)
15:07 tcohen joined #koha
15:09 mbalmer crazy, debian with a KDE desktop uses almost 2 GB of RAM
15:09 wizzyrea just guessing but I imagine ubuntu is the same or more.
15:09 jcamins mbalmer: KDE depends on QT.
15:09 mbalmer I know.  But still.
15:10 maximep really ? 1.4 gigs KDE/Gentoo here and firefox, opera and amarok are open :S
15:10 jcamins xmonad ftw!
15:10 maximep I wish I found some way to use my 8 gigs
15:11 jcamins maximep: you want to use up 8GB of RAM?
15:11 jcamins Easy peasy.
15:11 jcamins Run three VMs, each with 2GB of RAM.
15:11 wizzyrea Run NExpress. :P
15:11 kf oleonard++
15:11 maximep heh, my virtualbox is set to 2.5 gigs
15:12 kf marcelr: sorry, not sure I understand :(
15:13 maximep hmmm but my KDE is optimised for low ram usage
15:13 magnuse gah, translation fail! the and on this line is supposed to combine subjects, but gets translated into norwegian "og":[…]8507;hb=HEAD#l476
15:13 magnuse is there a way to tell the translate script to ignore a piece of xslt?
15:14 jcamins maximep: KDE optimised for low RAM... is that like optimising a Windows ME computer for low power consumption? (i.e. turn it off;)
15:15 maximep well, on windows you just shutdown all unused services
15:15 maximep same for kde
15:15 maximep only windows I have a license is windows ME :p
15:15 jcamins maximep: you poor, poor thing.
15:16 * wizzyrea has a win7 license that came with her laptop. But meh.
15:16 wizzyrea Don't use it. Windows is annoying.
15:16 maximep never used win7. Looks better
15:16 maximep I should look at win8
15:16 jcamins wizzyrea: can you transfer the license into a VM?
15:16 jcamins That'd be useful.
15:17 wizzyrea I probably could yea
15:17 oleonard Win7 is certainly better than Windows ME!
15:17 wizzyrea well yes
15:17 wizzyrea there is that
15:17 wizzyrea can't really play games in a VM though
15:17 maximep 98 is better than ME
15:17 asaurat XP is better than 98
15:17 maximep well of course
15:17 wizzyrea at least dual booting it can take advantage of the killer video card in there (even ubuntu can't do that [yet])
15:17 asaurat XP is to me the least horrible Windows =)
15:18 wizzyrea XP was really quite good for a while
15:18 jcamins wizzyrea: I play online scrabble... that's about it. ;)
15:18 wizzyrea ^.^
15:18 wizzyrea i haven't booted it in a month or so.
15:18 wizzyrea no reason to
15:19 jcamins wizzyrea: true. Scrabble works on pretty much any OS. :)
15:20 asaurat XP still supports good and maintained versions of DirectX, maybe not the latest but well... good enough for me :p
15:20 asaurat enough for a 3D Scrabble I guess =)
15:21 asaurat and dual boot Ubuntu for serious stuff and open source games ;)
15:23 oleonard a 3D first person shooter version of Scrabble maybe?
15:25 asaurat boss battle against the letter Z, if its value is tripled that means a quick "game over"
15:26 kf wizzyrea++
15:27 kf asaurat: sorry for being confusing on the managed by bug
15:27 kf asaurat: I think the main question is: what does managed by mean?
15:27 asaurat I just don't know this part well yet =)
15:27 kf asaurat: and when we want that to be recorded
15:27 wizzyrea ! what did I do?
15:27 kf wizzyrea: besides being awesome? :)
15:27 kf testing the clubs thing
15:28 kyleh joined #koha
15:28 wizzyrea oh, well, um, thank you. :)
15:28 asaurat well, its seems logical to consider that Managed by would be some kind of "Modified by"
15:28 wizzyrea well it's kyleh's feature. It works pretty well afaict
15:28 kf asaurat: yes... I think I was thinking of it like that
15:28 kf asaurat: I think I would comfortable with managed for sugg that have another status than asked or empty
15:28 kf because I can't set a status when creating a sugg
15:29 kf only after saving for the first time
15:29 asaurat empty ?
15:29 kf not sure, perhaps asked
15:29 kf I have not checked how it looks in the database
15:29 kf but shoudl be asked, you are right
15:30 asaurat probably, I'll check this
15:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #651 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 1 j 23 h ago)
15:32 paul_p magnuse++
15:33 talljoy joined #koha
15:33 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 7408 follow-up fixing trailing ` <[…]7a12148671fa1dddd> / Bug 7408 - Don't cancel found reserves. <[…]a9b728ef1125a2717> / bug 7408 follow-up DBRev number <[…]eff5c044a520a14f9
15:33 paul_p kf : we just recieved something from norway, that you should enjoy ;-)
15:34 kf hm?
15:34 kf magnuse decided to come to the hackfest after all?
15:34 hdl1 nope.
15:34 kf oh
15:34 hdl1 But sent chocolate.
15:34 kf ooh
15:34 paul_p nope, but he sent us some chocolate ;-)
15:35 kf and you think it will survive until I get there?
15:35 * kf thinks about stephane
15:35 hdl1 we'll keep some for you.
15:35 kf ;)
15:35 asaurat lolll
15:36 kf magnuse++ .)
15:36 kf I am still wondering what I could bring :)
15:36 oleonard Oh, somehow I had it in my head that magnuse was coming. Now I'm disappointed.
15:36 kf oleonard: I am too :(
15:37 * jcamins is disappointed that he can't come. :(
15:37 paul_p I just choose the week where the norway librarians association has his yearly conference
15:37 reiveune kf: I promise, I will leave one (or two) for you
15:37 reiveune :)
15:37 kf reiveune: lol
15:38 * oleonard suspects no one wants him to bring any American chocolate...
15:38 magnus_afk oleonard: awww...
15:38 asaurat you can bring beef jerky or root beer ;)
15:39 * magnus_afk takes the dogs for a walk
15:39 jcamins oleonard: when are you leaving?
15:39 oleonard A week from today
15:40 kf oleonard: could you pack jcamins in your luggage?
15:40 oleonard If he had his papers I could put him in a dog crate
15:40 * jcamins folds up pretty small.
15:41 jcamins lol
15:42 kf lol
15:42 kf make it a cat create
15:42 kf crate
15:42 kf i think that will work
15:43 wizzyrea paul_p: what was up with 7001?
15:43 marcelr mail on dev list about it
15:43 marcelr reverted
15:43 kf broke late orders
15:43 kf apparently :(
15:44 kf late order management - bug 7291
15:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7291 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , claims management improvement
15:44 kf hm
15:44 kf no, wrong bug number
15:44 wizzyrea well that would not have been in there when I was testing
15:44 kf wizzyrea: it was, but did you test acq? :(
15:44 kf bug 5347
15:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, late order management
15:45 kf that's the one
15:45 jcamins Isn't the usual procedure here to report a new bug, and fix it, since we're well away from feature freeze?
15:45 paul_p wizzyrea the bug 7001 stood for a long time, and the late order patch has been pushed in january
15:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
15:45 kf jcamins: I don't think so
15:45 kf jcamins: I think as it added a regression
15:45 jcamins kf: really?
15:45 wizzyrea it was waiting on qa since january. :(
15:45 kf jcamins: I want this to go in too, but if we start adding things again that break other things... I think it's not good :(
15:46 paul_p jcamins: it happends only once or twice before, and was easily fixed. Seems this one will require a larger/harder fix.
15:46 kf the email sending part... we have to get that right
15:46 kf will probably touch other features too?
15:46 paul_p (in fact, this patch was too large. Should have been splitted in smaller parts)
15:47 slef rangi or anyone else: know c2 or got experience getting data out of it? ;)
15:47 slef @seen rangi
15:47 huginn slef: rangi was last seen in #koha 13 hours, 25 minutes, and 55 seconds ago: <rangi> ouch
15:48 kf slef: 4:48 for him...
15:48 kf let him sleep
15:48 slef kf: awwww, someone just mentioned c2 and I wondered... c2... c4... can you remember the story?
15:48 slef C4?
15:48 wahanui it has been said that C4 is a high explosive :-)
15:48 kf paul_p: perhaps, but would still be good to make it go in now... and do different for the future
15:48 slef wahanui: C2?
15:48 wahanui wish i knew, slef
15:48 slef wahanui: you suck
15:48 wahanui slef: huh?
15:48 kf twice as explosive
15:49 kf slef: wasn't c2 what hlt used? might be on a wrong track here
15:49 wizzyrea kf, would you want the order slips to be configurable in the same way as the others?
15:49 wizzyrea perhaps that's the best route
15:49 slef kf: that's what I was thinking
15:49 kf wizzyrea: oh wow, good queston
15:49 slef kf: but c2 is not a good search term.
15:49 kf I have not looked at this... yet. hm.
15:49 paul_p kf agreed, I don't want to ask for a rewrite, just not to break what's already in
15:50 kf wizzyrea: I think, perhaps not, because you can have more than one letter already - so not sure it can do this!
15:50 hdl1 you could try and look at joe ransom's slides in NZ.
15:50 hdl1 If it is online
15:50 marcelr wizzyrea: please check on 6875; what issue was fixed for branchoverdues?
15:50 wizzyrea missing subroutine
15:50 paul_p wizzyrea = the problem is not here. the problem is that the formatting of late orders is now broken
15:51 paul_p wizzyrea joubu added a <order> tag, that has been removed. plus some utf8 handling. (Plus some refactoring).
15:52 wizzyrea well hopefully srdjan will be able to fix it up
15:52 paul_p I think we've been caught in a case where a rebase had a conflict and srdjan fixed it without noticing the changes
15:52 wizzyrea ^ probably
15:52 slef hdl1: good idea!
15:53 kf paul_p: yep, that sounds right
15:53 wizzyrea I guess it doesn't matter as long as it's finished by feature freeze.
15:53 kf wizzyrea: would still be nice to have some testing time
15:53 kf but I tihnk srdjan will try to fix it quick
15:54 wizzyrea well someone else is going to have to look at acquisitions
15:54 wizzyrea I've tested the thing at least 5 times now, and had librarians try to break it. This last version passed (except this acquisitions problem)
15:55 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6875] de-nesting C4 packages <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6875>
15:55 kf I can test it
15:55 wizzyrea that would be cool :)
15:55 kf but first needs to be fixed.
15:56 wizzyrea yep, srdjan won't be up 'til 5pm my time.
15:56 wizzyrea or working, anyway
15:58 kf hmm
15:58 kf we could try to write a better bug report
15:58 slef ok, travelling again
15:58 wizzyrea yes, I'm sure srdjan would appreciate that :)
15:58 kf but if paul_p reverts...
15:58 slef end of show :)
15:58 kf ok, too tired
15:58 kf bye slef
15:59 wizzyrea yea, my thought is that it makes it harder to fix if it's reverted
15:59 wizzyrea (people shouldn't be running on master!)
15:59 wizzyrea (only for the very brave!)
15:59 wizzyrea (and very cavalier)
16:00 paul_p well, I think I could let srdjan a few days before reverting. The problem being that I can't push anything that has an updatedatabase (I already did for 7408, and can't revert 7001 without reverting 7408)
16:01 wizzyrea what do we have in the queue for updatedatabase?
16:01 jcamins The bug I just fixed.
16:01 wizzyrea which?
16:01 paul_p wizzyrea bug 7144
16:01 jcamins Not sure what else.
16:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7144 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Passed QA , Floating collection
16:01 sekjal running on master is a great way to catch bugs... but then you have bugs :/
16:01 jcamins wizzyrea: I don't remember.
16:01 jcamins Bug 7587?
16:02 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7587 critical, P1 - high, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Wrong table name for local cover images
16:02 jcamins Woohoo! I got it right!
16:02 wizzyrea :)
16:02 sekjal wizzyrea:  does Srdjan work the weekend, to you know?
16:02 wizzyrea @quote add sekjal: running on master is a great way to catch bugs... but then you have bugs.
16:02 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #192 added.
16:02 wizzyrea sekjal: good point, but then again it's saturday there
16:03 wizzyrea so he'd start on our sunday.
16:03 paul_p OK, it's the we for me as well in a few hours, I think it can wait for monday...
16:04 kf wil try to do some tests on master
16:04 wizzyrea can you do one thing and make sure that srdjan knows exactly what and where to look for the problem?
16:04 wizzyrea and what to test
16:04 kf paul_p: perhaps you could add what jonathan found to the bug?
16:04 wizzyrea ^^ yea, this
16:04 paul_p kf good idea, will do
16:04 kf about braking encoding and the tags?
16:05 sekjal if srdjan can't get to fixing it in time, perhaps then someone else would be able to find/fix the issue
16:05 wizzyrea ^^
16:08 paul_p joubu++ ([…]g.cgi?id=7001#c90)
16:08 kf sekjal: I think fixing means putting code back in here
16:08 huginn Bug 7001: enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
16:09 kf sekjal: that got lost in a merge
16:09 kf so it means finding that bit again and reconstruct
16:09 kf not only searching for a bug, putting a feature bag
16:09 kf back
16:10 kf hm paul_p. hm didn't you say it broke the <order> syntax too?
16:10 wizzyrea joubu++
16:10 kf joubu++ .)
16:11 oleonard How many mobile versions are we up to now? 6 or 7?
16:11 kf wizzyrea: he is incredible patient too - if you look at the bug for late order management
16:11 kf bug 5347
16:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, P2, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, late order management
16:11 jcamins oleonard: something like that.
16:11 marcelr joubu is not his irc name?
16:11 kf similar history to the slip printing
16:12 wizzyrea and not a single one of them will commit to actually submitting it
16:12 wizzyrea WHY
16:12 wizzyrea :)
16:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #651: STILL UNSTABLE in 40 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/651/
16:12 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7408 - Expire holds that have been waiting too long
16:12 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7408 follow-up DBRev number
16:12 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7408 - Don't cancel found reserves.
16:12 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7408 follow-up fixing trailing `
16:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
16:12 jcamins paul_p: so you know, it turns out the problem with jenkins is that the jenkins script deletes the index every time it runs.
16:13 jcamins paul_p: rangi is pondering a solution that doesn't involve eliminating a unit test.
16:14 * sekjal is imagining the Shelf Browser in a mobile OPAC that responds to finger swipes... mmmm, shiny
16:15 kf sekjal: it's too slow :(
16:15 jcamins sekjal: I'm imagining a single mobile interface that is open source, and everyone works on together.
16:16 kf jcamins: magnuse has done some interesting things for this
16:16 kf jcamins: using jquery mobile and some other projects he has worked on
16:16 paul_p kf joubu did some tests, and it seems that was not broken, just hidden. he had to leave to catch his train, he will investigate on monday (and hopefully test a patch sent by srdjan ;-) )
16:16 sekjal kf:  I think that can be fixed by not automatically loading a new page each time the center book si changed
16:17 kf sekjal: yeah, that is annoying anyway
16:17 paul_p jcamins++ !!!
16:17 jcamins kf: I know. I'm referring to the number of people who have announced mobile OPACs and not shared them.
16:17 sekjal jcamins: creating a mobile template in koha-tmpl/opac-tmpl wouldn't be too hard.  we'd just have to maintain another template
16:17 jcamins sekjal: I know.
16:17 jcamins But I, for one, think that template should be open source.
16:18 sekjal agreed 150%
16:18 oleonard Or we could design a new OPAC template from the ground up using responsive principles which would eliminate the need for more than one template
16:18 jcamins oleonard: that'd be pretty awesome, but I can't help but think that it might be a little over-ambitious.
16:19 * oleonard doesn't think so
16:19 sekjal one key thing:  we need to keep inbound/outbound parameters for each page as consistent as possible
16:19 jcamins oleonard: really?
16:19 jcamins oleonard++ # because that was volunteering if I ever heard it
16:19 oleonard yeah, I really don't think it's overly ambitious. But I've never tried it before so maybe I'm crazy
16:19 sekjal prog5 (since it's surely be an HTML5 template.... :) )
16:20 paul_p oleonard & jcamins we already made a CSS for limoges, adapted for mobile phones
16:20 kf oleonard: continually rewriting the template to make use of the new options we have with tt would be nice...
16:20 sekjal could be developed in parallel to our current template
16:20 kf oleonard: I hoped to throw around some ideas with you at the hackfest... memberentry is one of my candidates
16:21 kf oleonard: because I still have some major translatability issues with that
16:21 kf you can translate it, but the grammar will be poor
16:21 sekjal so we could commit changes and share them without having to wait for it to be "done".  the new template would be a 'use at your own risk' thing throught at least one dev cycle
16:21 oleonard I can already tell a week isn't going to be enough hackfest :)
16:21 kf oleonard: too true :(
16:22 paul_p oleonard & kf = have you seen that we will be 32 ?
16:22 mbalmer 32 ?
16:22 mbalmer wow
16:22 paul_p a lot of french libraries are coming, i'm really happy about that !
16:22 oleonard paul_p: Should I bring my own chair? :)
16:22 paul_p yep, our office will be a little bit small...
16:23 kf paul_p: it will be cozy
16:23 paul_p oleonard you want to know the truth ? we counted them, and we have only 31 comfortable chairs ! (+ 8 that are not comfortable at all)
16:23 * jcamins cheers
16:23 kf lol
16:23 jcamins The authority linking is *so* nice.
16:23 * kf will make sure to be there early each day
16:23 mbalmer paul_p, get some cheap couch from IKEA ;)
16:23 paul_p (some of the coming ppl come only for 3 days, for the last 2 days, we will be less)
16:24 kf make sure to order enough sushi/pizza ;)
16:24 mbalmer and Pastis!
16:24 paul_p kf no problem with that, don't worry
16:24 paul_p mbalmer really, you want some pastis ?
16:24 * sekjal really wishes he could be there for the hackfest
16:24 mbalmer paul_p, after the hacking, of course ;)
16:25 asaurat kohastis 3.7.323.hips
16:25 Shane-S joined #koha
16:26 * oleonard learned everything he knows about Marseille from "Asterix and the Banquet"
16:26 kf oleonard: at least you can speak some french...
16:27 * mbalmer hopes the quarter around the old harbour is nice
16:27 kf mbalmer: ah, I saw you are still listed at hotelmoderne in paul's spreadsheet
16:27 mbalmer paul_p, I am actually in the Newhotel Vieux Port
16:27 Shane-S bug 7646, I finally got a patch that works I hope...anyone free that could test the patch? I had a heck of time using git rebase to learn how to fix a patch last night
16:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7646 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ssammons, In Discussion , Printing w/o the SQL Code showing
16:28 oleonard Shane-S: Mark the report as "needs signoff" so people know it's ready for testing
16:29 paul_p mbalmer beware = for a swiss man, Marseille look like a dirty city. but the "vieux port" is one of the most typical place of Marseille. And close from our office
16:29 mbalmer kf, I can't edit that spreadsheet, in fact I can't even read it (no google account)
16:29 tcohen a perl monk there? need some comfirmation
16:29 Shane-S oleonard: even if I am not 90% sure, because I had git issues, I'm nervous the patch won't work, diff looks good though
16:29 mbalmer paul_p, it should only be a 15 min walk.
16:30 paul_p Shane-S you could use a sandbox to check yourself that the patch cleanly applies
16:30 tcohen is this: if (blessed($variable) && $variable->isa("Class::Package"))
16:30 paul_p Shane-S
16:30 tcohen a good way of knowing an object is an instance of a classs?
16:30 oleonard Shane-S: Or you can test the patch yourself by creating a new branch based on master and trying to apply it
16:30 kf mbalmer: i put it in
16:30 mbalmer thanks
16:30 clrh have a good we, bye
16:31 kf bye claire :)
16:31 mbalmer is there any other info needed, like phone numbers or so?
16:31 kf there is the company (empty for you) name, email , ric nick counry arrives on leaves on hotel
16:31 kf and you are added to the database workshop ;)
16:32 asaurat left #koha
16:32 mbalmer that sounds reasonable
16:32 mbalmer company is not important, I guess.
16:32 kf I think you leave earlier now?
16:32 jcamins ric?
16:32 kf Thursday 12am (or Friday 17pm)
16:32 mbalmer kf, yes, friday afternoon
16:32 alex_a left #koha
16:33 mbalmer flight is around friday 15:something
16:33 kf oups, wrong line
16:33 kf I wrote friday afternoon
16:41 marcelr sekjal: looking at 7031 now
16:41 jcamins bug 7031
16:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7031 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Signed Off , More options for AdvancedSearchTypes
16:44 sekjal thanks, marcelr
16:44 marcelr sekjal: why opac images in staff for item types (quick question)
16:45 sekjal I'm not sure... I think there was a followup patch to resolve that
16:45 marcelr ok will look into it further ;)
16:46 sekjal I think it may have been a copy/paste error
16:47 marcelr in catalogue/
16:47 sekjal I cobbled that patch together over the course of several months, mostly in train stations
16:47 marcelr :-)
16:48 sekjal brb
16:51 oleonard Anyone know the reasons behind Bug 7689?
16:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7689 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stephane.delaune, Needs Signoff , add possibility to hide my tags in opac
16:52 oleonard Clicking "hide my tags" reloads the page and hides the table of the user's tags. But... why?
16:52 sturmtruppen joined #koha
16:52 melia joined #koha
16:54 jcamins Shane-S: developers can't sign off on their own patches.
16:54 * Shane-S was just doing what the sandbox page said :(
16:55 jcamins Shane-S: it's okay.
16:55 oleonard Shane-S: The sandbox page is aimed at people who are testing other people's patches :)
16:56 Shane-S feel free to use it :P I just added a fine and a fines report from[…]Library#Patrons_w.2F_Fines to test it
16:58 Shane-S oleonard: I haven't used tags, but is there something wrong with wanting to hide a feature?
16:58 alaquerre joined #koha
16:58 oleonard It's unusual to add a link to an OPAC page specifically for hiding content on that page.
17:02 * Shane-S goes to see what the feature is/does
17:02 alaquerre Hi everyone, is there a way to sort, by default, the subfield in the acquisition and cataloging so the number will be display after the letter ?  Right now we have $1, $4, $a, $b, $e etc.  We would like to have it : $a, $b, $e, $1, $4.  People told correct in 3.2, and incorrect since we moved in 3.6.
17:02 jcamins Not to my knowledge.
17:03 sekjal subfield order is important in MARC
17:03 reiveune bye
17:03 reiveune left #koha
17:03 jcamins sekjal: it is, but I don't think there's any way to adjust the default.
17:04 sekjal jcamins:  no, probably not
17:04 Shane-S couldn't the web output be loaded into a JS array to allow it to be sorted in the browser, but not actually change the backend?
17:05 jcamins Shane-S: really the cataloging editor just needs to be entirely rewritten because it's...
17:05 jcamins unpleasant.
17:06 alaquerre People here told me by default it need to be letter first and after that number.  It's a Marc21 standard.  Example :
17:06 jcamins alaquerre: unfortunately, that's not possible.
17:07 jcamins alaquerre: the code for the cataloging interface is quite horrifying.
17:08 wizzyrea yea, it's hipwaders area
17:08 alaquerre jcamins : Okay. would it be something the community would like to eventually get ?
17:08 jcamins alaquerre: yes, I think we'd all like to see it rewritten, but that's kind of a big undertaking.
17:08 wizzyrea a cataloging rewrite? ^^ what he said
17:09 wizzyrea and it would almost require a working group
17:09 jcamins And an army of saints.
17:09 kf hm
17:09 alaquerre Well, that's too much for our group right now :-P
17:09 kf perhaps we could make it a parallel thing?
17:09 wizzyrea lol
17:09 kf have another editor... until the other is no more used
17:09 kf :)
17:09 oleonard Someone should write up a proposal to form a committee to choose preliminary members of the working group development board.
17:09 jcamins kf: yes, that would be best.
17:09 kf lol
17:10 kf koha_fridays++
17:10 wizzyrea oleonard: cynical much?
17:10 Guillaume left #koha
17:10 wizzyrea :)
17:10 * jcamins has written four cataloging interfaces, and does not want to take on this.
17:10 * kf will meet oleonard!
17:10 kf lol
17:10 * kf is so excited about marseille
17:10 wizzyrea :)
17:10 jcamins *take this on
17:10 kf jcamins: can we plug in one of them into koha?
17:10 * wizzyrea is reminded of that 80's song take on me
17:10 jcamins I'd like a nice Javascript-y Connexion-like interface.
17:11 jcamins kf: yeah, but they're special-purpose.
17:11 jcamins kf: go home!
17:11 kf hehe
17:11 wizzyrea accessibility?
17:11 kf thx :)
17:11 kf bye all - cya later!
17:11 wizzyrea bye!
17:11 sturmtruppen hi #koha
17:11 kf left #koha
17:11 wizzyrea hi
17:12 jcamins wizzyrea: I think accessibility would be better with an interface like that.
17:12 alaquerre Ok thanks for your input.  I understand that under my little idea there is big problem. Have a good weekend everyone.
17:12 jcamins Just. Type. What. You. Want. :)
17:13 jcamins Versus right now... find appropriate box. Move box. Enter text. Realize that you entered text in the wrong box. Try to change subfield. Discover that your fields are in the wrong order. Realize you have no choice about that. Bang head on desk.
17:13 * oleonard thinks to wonder what pianohacker is up to these days
17:13 jcamins In order to have anywhere near as many steps for my suggested new interface, I had to make each word a separate step. That seems like a win to me. :)
17:14 wizzyrea college. Girls.
17:14 wizzyrea (I hope.)
17:14 wizzyrea (or boys, whatever.
17:14 wizzyrea the follies of youth
17:14 jcamins oleonard: exactly, something like pianohacker's interface, only integrated with authority control, authorised values, etc.
17:15 jcamins And with integrated Z39.50 because...
17:15 jcamins I like integrated Z39.50. :P
17:16 oleonard Yeah, it sounds all so simple until you, you know, describe it.
17:16 tcohen bye #koha, have a nice weekend
17:16 wizzyrea bye :)
17:16 jcamins oleonard: no, it'd be very simple to use.
17:16 jcamins :P
17:17 Shane-S oleonard: I am baffled by that bug as well, commented as such, I can't even come up with a purpose and I can very much a let user have what they want type :P
17:21 luisb joined #koha
17:22 oleonard Hi luisb
17:24 hdl1 jcamins: something like biblios ?
17:25 jcamins hdl1: right, only not based on an obsolete technology.
17:25 jcamins And somewhat less buggy, ideally.
17:26 jcamins And ideally the integrated Z39.50 would work directly off the editor window.
17:28 hdl1 jcamins: biblios looked to some folks some great improvement over Koha cataloging module. opencataloger was also an other project for that.
17:28 hdl1
17:28 hdl1 based on xul
17:29 jcamins hdl1: it was a great improvement, and I was disappointed when it became clear that Google Gears wasn't going anywhere.
17:29 jcamins Unfortunately, opencataloger appears to have been abandoned 4 years ago?
17:30 hdl1 jcamins: yes. because some company preferred to create just an other project.
17:30 oleonard biblios was probably doomed more by Liblime's failure to monetize it. They could have overcome the Gears dependency if they'd wanted to.
17:31 jcamins oleonard: true.
17:31 hdl1 oleonard: if ppl are willing to take over the code and improve it, at least code is there.
17:33 hdl1 see ya
17:35 jcamins Time for lunch, I think.
17:40 wizzyrea oleonard: for some reason, this makes me think of you:[…]d/~3/jXTlcfRkRh4/
17:41 oleonard Naw, I was never such a color nerd as to know my Pantone numbers :)
17:42 wizzyrea hehe
17:42 wizzyrea you know there's a pantone for "Tardis Blue"
17:42 wizzyrea hm, maybe not pantone... sec
17:42 sekjal idea: a Koha tool for recording arbitrary statistics (like door counts, headcounts in areas of the library, or reference transactions)
17:42 wizzyrea 2955c
17:43 wizzyrea that's the BBC-approved color
17:44 cait joined #koha
17:44 oleonard sekjal: What would be the advantage of doing that from within Koha?
17:44 wizzyrea you could have a door counter that talked to the ILS via sip I guess
17:44 wizzyrea that would be cool
17:45 sekjal oleonard: to bundle more of your library stat data in one DB
17:45 sekjal so you could look at circ stats in the context of doorcount, for example
17:47 Shane-S someone get that libraries made scheme quote...sekjal seems to be following it :P
17:47 sekjal and, as wizzyrea points out, if there could be a SIP2 or other standard interface for it, various devices could be connected
17:47 wizzyrea @quote get 123
17:47 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
17:47 * sekjal is looking for a unified stats solution for his library
17:47 wizzyrea maybe something like fulfillment for stats
17:47 wizzyrea crystal reports-like
17:48 wizzyrea but that can talk to koha
17:48 wizzyrea "hey dude, what're the stats?"
17:48 Shane-S but you want the data IN koha and no communicating to an external statistical DB?
17:49 Shane-S Sound to be like you could make collections interfaces for those fancy sports tires that are out there now?
17:49 * Shane-S not the "wheel" analogy
17:49 Shane-S note*
17:50 jcamins March 31, 2013.
17:50 sekjal Shane-S: not every library will have an external stats DB; why not include it with Koha, and let users decide if it's worth using in their environment
17:50 jcamins Big day.
17:50 wahanui big day is 9/10/11
17:50 jcamins wahanui: forget big day.
17:50 wahanui jcamins: I forgot big day
17:50 jcamins Big day is March 31, 2013.
17:50 jcamins big day?
17:50 wahanui big day is March 31, 2013.
17:50 wizzyrea why's that
17:51 jcamins March 31, 2013?
17:51 wahanui March 31, 2013 is, like, RDA implementation day
17:51 wizzyrea O.o
17:52 Shane-S sekjal: I was just tossing that out there, if others want it, why not add it, just don't think its worth re-inventing the wheel if there are "plugins" so to speak
17:53 laurence left #koha
17:53 jcamins Choosing March 31 for that seems...
17:53 jcamins Wrong.
17:53 jcamins Wouldn't April 1 have been a better choice?
17:53 sekjal jcamins: better than Feb 31
17:53 * jcamins almost wrote "bitter choice." Would've been appropriate.
17:53 jcamins sekjal: true.
17:53 jcamins Well, maybe.
17:53 * Shane-S wonders why people are worrying about 2013, I hear we are all doomed in 2012 anyway *snickers(
17:54 jcamins Actually, February 31 might have been better.
17:54 jcamins @quote search rda
17:54 huginn jcamins: No matching quotes were found.
17:54 jcamins @rda?
17:54 huginn jcamins: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
17:55 Shane-S wizzyrea: I am not pressuring, just curious as you have that paid service, my book covers in results break your paid service covers?
17:56 * Shane-S is staring at quotes for computers so he is kinda bored waiting for a call back
17:59 jcamins Shane-S: new server?
17:59 Shane-S no, waiting on my budget for that, getting a 2U server that I can virtualize with 32Gb Ram :)
17:59 Shane-S Right now I am waiting for the sales rep to call me back on 30 netbooks
18:00 Shane-S I want to know why the order is "stuck"
18:00 jcamins Because anyone who is ordering 30 netbooks should be upsold to a smaller number of higher margin items?
18:02 Shane-S Lol doubt it, love my netbooks, for 5-12 year old's they work great. iPads even better for 5-8
18:02 Shane-S I get more complaints from adults going...they kids can't read the screen...and I respond...I can so why can't they...oh wait it is YOU who can't :P
18:03 Shane-S I am a mean techie @ work ;)
18:03 wizzyrea alert, alert, bofh!
18:03 wizzyrea j/k :)
18:03 wizzyrea and no - sorry I've been rushing around all week like a crazy person.
18:04 dgl-library joined #koha
18:04 * wizzyrea waves towards the himalayas
18:04 Shane-S okay, I just want to fix it if it does break, but I don't forsee that as all I did was add CSS classes
18:07 Shane-S Oh what field is book price pulled from?
18:07 Shane-S its is pulled from the item or biblio is better questions
18:07 cait depends where
18:07 Shane-S I mean one book could cost $25 and then another cost $10, but both be the same book
18:08 cait in circulation from the item, replacement cost
18:08 Shane-S well for our needs, in reports
18:08 collum joined #koha
18:08 cait when oyu stage records in ACQ somewhere from the record
18:11 Shane-S Anyone know if you can set checkout alerts for content/grade/age level?
18:11 kyleh calling all developers: looking for opinions. I'm looking at integrating the koha mobile-phone opac support that stow-munroe has created and I have a simple but important questions: Should the mobile site have separate perl scripts for everything, or should the mobile opac use the standard opac scripts with just a separate set of templates. Stow-Munroe used separte opac scripts, but they are just direct copies of the originals with
18:11 kyleh the template names changed. I'm leaning toward having the mobile site just be another set of templates. That way, we keep the code DRY. I can then engineer a way for koha to use the mobile templates instead of the standard opac templates when the site is reached from a mobile phone ( probably using some apache configuration ).
18:11 cait not yet
18:11 cait but there is a bug abou tit
18:12 cait Shane-S: search bugzilla for it - restriction
18:12 jcamins kyleh: separate templates, single scripts.
18:12 Shane-S kk will do
18:12 wizzyrea kyleh: what jcamins said
18:12 cait yep
18:13 cait sep templates
18:13 oleonard kyleh: How does the browser detection work?
18:14 maximep our opac version is so much more simple : we just did a separate css
18:14 jcamins maximep: unfortunately, you can't release it.
18:15 kyleh oleanard: I'll figure that part out afterward : )  I'm imagining another section in the apache file for the mobile stuff, and have apache set an environment variable that we can use to tell the template getter to use the mobile templates instead of the standard opac templates.
18:15 maximep jcamins: ? I think we will
18:16 jcamins maximep: I thought you weren't allowed to release your changes?
18:17 wizzyrea that would be cool if you could
18:17 maximep client is working hard to enable us to release all our changes
18:18 cait jcamins: they already released some things :)
18:18 jcamins cait: I know, but I thought there was some sort of contract issue that limited them to the previously-released things.
18:18 oleonard maximep's approach is the one I have been advocating
18:18 jcamins oleonard: I thought you were advocating an entirely new template?
18:19 cait can't we do both? :)
18:19 oleonard jcamins: I think it can be made even more flexible if we rebuild using a different CSS framework
18:19 oleonard jcamins: But the principle is the same: different CSS being applied at different viewport widths
18:19 jcamins oleonard: I see.
18:20 maximep really only 2 lines + css
18:20 jcamins maximep: that's very cool. It'd be awesome if you could release it. :)
18:21 maximep I think it's planned
18:21 maximep not finished yet
18:21 jcamins maximep: that's okay... there's nothing wrong with sharing work-in-progress. Just use a public git repository.
18:27 alaquerre joined #koha
18:30 alaquerre Another question for everyone : When we do the acquisition, is it possible to see the item fields on placing order + reception ?  Couple of peoples here would like to have access to items field at each step.  ( Placing order : select budget, document type.  On reception : place barcode, price etc. )   We currently need to use one or the other...
18:32 cait alaquerre: not yet
18:32 cait but that's in the works
18:32 cait alaquerre: there is a patch waiting for that to be signed off even I think
18:32 alaquerre Is it done, do you need
18:32 alaquerre ..
18:32 alaquerre ok - nice then.
18:32 cait there are some other enhancements in the works to make the items look nicer
18:33 cait in acq
18:33 cait let me find it for you :)
18:33 alaquerre ok
18:33 cait bug 3966
18:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3966 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Needs Signoff , receiving items should allow for entering barcode
18:33 cait bug 7178
18:33 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7178 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Improve order item creation
18:33 oleonard Lunch time
18:33 cait there are screenshots too :)
18:34 cait but it looks even better now
18:34 mbalmer Lunch time there, Dinner time here ;)
18:34 alaquerre btw : to make sure maximep is saying the truth - We will release mobile opac once it's ready.  Let's say in 1 month from now.
18:34 alaquerre thanks cait!
18:35 cait alaquerre: cool - perhaps will be in 3.10 :)
18:35 cait 3.8 is already so near!
18:35 alaquerre I dont want to put pressure on maximep here :-)
18:36 maximep =)
18:38 dgl-library I have a question about the Koha "Quick Start":[…]ueeze#Quick_Start
18:38 wizzyrea shoot
18:38 alaquerre cait: that's exacly what we need for the acquisition.  Thanks for the help. chow!
18:38 cait alaquerre: glad I could help :)
18:39 dgl-library wizzyrea: thanks. not hosting this on a domain. strictly local LAN. do I need to specify a domain?
18:40 dgl-library as in… DOMAIN=""
18:40 dgl-library INTRAPORT="80"
18:40 dgl-library INTRAPREFIX=""
18:40 dgl-library INTRASUFFIX="-intra"
18:40 wizzyrea that's a good question, my guess is no
18:40 jcamins Yes.
18:40 wizzyrea see, ha
18:40 jcamins Sorry, was distracted.
18:40 jcamins Set it to localhost
18:40 jcamins Take out INTRASUFFIX.
18:40 jcamins Set INTRAPORT to 8080.
18:40 wizzyrea ok, now I don't feel so dumb, because I was going to suggest that. We really ought to add that to the docs.
18:41 jcamins Add Listen 8080 to /etc/apache2/ports.conf.
18:41 jcamins We should, yes.
18:41 dgl-library jcamins: thanks! yes, would be good to have that in the docs
18:41 dgl-library where/how do I add Listen 8080 to /etc/apache2/ports.conf?
18:42 jcamins dgl-library: just at the end. After the Listen 8080
18:42 jcamins Sorry.
18:42 jcamins After the Listen 80
18:42 dgl-library what about INTRAPREFIX?
18:43 jcamins leave that blank as well.
18:43 dgl-library and I leave INTRASUFFIX blank, or remove the whole line?
18:44 wizzyrea dgl if you refresh
18:44 wizzyrea you should see the changes
18:44 wizzyrea to the wiki
18:44 wahanui to the wiki is, like, best, when it's there
18:44 jcamins dgl-library: you leave that blank.
18:44 wizzyrea jcamins, please proof ;)
18:44 wizzyrea[…]ueeze#Quick_Start
18:45 dgl-library wizzyrea: wow, that was fast — nice work!
18:45 jcamins Looks good.
18:45 jcamins I think.
18:45 jcamins Yup, looks right to me.
18:45 dgl-library jcamins: thanks for the info!
18:46 jcamins You're welcome. :)
18:48 jcamins It's GSOC application time.
18:51 * jcamins nominates someone else to propose Koha as a mentor organization.
18:52 * wizzyrea suggests "cataloging rewrite"
18:52 wizzyrea ha ha ha ha ha
18:52 wizzyrea oh.
18:54 jcamins wizzyrea: will you be our GSOC administrator? :)
18:54 wizzyrea sure why not.
18:54 wizzyrea do we need a vote?
18:54 wizzyrea lol.
18:54 jcamins Probably.
18:55 wizzyrea nuts.
18:55 jcamins Also an application, and a list of ideas, and stuff.
18:55 wizzyrea oh well maybe next year
18:55 jcamins There's still time.
18:56 wizzyrea 4 hours and 17 minutes, to be exact.
18:56 wizzyrea 15 minutes
18:56 jcamins lol
18:56 jcamins Yup. :)
18:56 dgl-library so the relevant bit of ports.conf should look like this, right?
18:57 dgl-library NameVirtualHost *:80
18:57 dgl-library Listen 80
18:57 dgl-library Listen 8080
18:57 jcamins Yup.
18:57 dgl-library I don't need to change NameVirtualHost to localhost?
18:57 jcamins Nope.
18:57 dgl-library great. thanks
18:57 jcamins You won't be using name-based virtual hosts.
18:58 dgl-library hmm, gedit opened it read-only…
18:58 wizzyrea sudo gedit
18:59 dgl-library wizzyrea: ok
19:00 dgl-library I think I did something wrong in debian, because my user is not in the sudoers file
19:00 dgl-library I always have to use the Root Terminal tool instead (in Gnome)
19:00 jcamins dgl-library: Debian doesn't use sudo by default. You have to add your user to sudoers yourself.
19:01 dgl-library ok
19:13 dgl-library does everything need to be run as sudo/root, including koha-create?
19:14 jcamins dgl-library: the koha-* commands need to be run as root.
19:14 dgl-library thanks
19:16 dgl-library not sure if I've run into a snag here or not, but when following the step "sudo a2enmod rewrite" I got this result:
19:16 dgl-library Enabling module rewrite.
19:16 dgl-library Run '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart' to activate new configuration!
19:16 dgl-library dgl@library-server:~$ /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
19:16 dgl-library Restarting web server: apache2apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:16 dgl-library apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:16 dgl-library (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address [::]:80
19:16 dgl-library (13)Permission denied: make_sock: could not bind to address
19:16 dgl-library no listening sockets available, shutting down
19:16 dgl-library Unable to open logs
19:16 dgl-library Action 'start' failed.
19:16 dgl-library The Apache error log may have more information.
19:16 dgl-library failed!
19:16 dgl-library I mean, I got that result when I ran the command: /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
19:17 jcamins That has to be run with sudo.
19:17 wizzyrea anytime you restart apache it has to be done as sudo or root
19:18 wizzyrea well anytime you touch the apache config, really
19:19 dgl-library I see
19:21 dgl-library I guess that worked… the result was: Restarting web server: apache2apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:21 dgl-library ... waiting apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:21 jcamins Yeah, that's fine.
19:21 dgl-library great
19:22 dgl-library do I have to run "koha-create --create-db mylibrary" from within a certain directory?
19:22 jcamins Nope.
19:22 jcamins Just with sudo.
19:23 jcamins Or as root.
19:24 dgl-library does this look successful?
19:24 dgl-library cat: /etc/koha/passwd: No such file or directory
19:24 dgl-library Koha instance is empty, no staff user created.
19:24 dgl-library Enabling site dgllibrary.
19:24 dgl-library Run '/etc/init.d/apache2 reload' to activate new configuration!
19:24 dgl-library Restarting web server: apache2apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:24 dgl-library ... waiting apache2: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain name, using for ServerName
19:24 dgl-library .
19:24 wahanui i already had it that way, dgl-library.
19:24 dgl-library Starting Zebra server for dgllibrary
19:25 jcamins Looks like you're all set up. :)
19:25 dgl-library :) :)
19:27 dgl-library one more question about localhost — if I'm eventually going to set a specific IP address for the koha server so other machines on the LAN can access it, would I enter that ip address as DOMAIN= or is it still localhost?
19:27 jcamins Hm.
19:27 jcamins I don't think it matters.
19:28 jcamins You just have to modify the Apache config file to listen on the correct address.
19:28 dgl-library ok. my guess would also have been that I don't need to mess with it.
19:28 jcamins (the config file is /etc/apache2/sites/sites-available/dgllibrary )
19:28 dgl-library but apache is on the same box as koha (and mysql), so isn't it still localhost?
19:29 jcamins dgl-library: you need to modify that file if you want Apache to listen on a particular address that isn't localhost.
19:29 jcamins That was a note for the future, not an instruction.
19:30 dgl-library ah, gotcha
19:30 dgl-library ok, signing off for now. thanks so much jcamins and wizzyrea for so patiently walking me through this!
19:33 jcamins Here's a weird one.
19:33 jcamins A system that I've been happily using all day just gave me this error: Global symbol "$borrowernumber" requires explicit package name at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi​-bin/cataloguing/ line 75.
19:34 cait hm
19:34 jcamins It's an easy workaround.
19:34 jcamins Don't use that page.
19:34 jcamins That's why I didn't notice it before. I rarely go to the cataloguing home page.
19:38 oleonard jcamins: Any idea what the cause is? It doesn't happen to me
19:38 jcamins oleonard: none. This isn't master.
19:38 jcamins That's two different thoughts.
19:39 jcamins My guess would be the C4-decycling.
19:40 jcamins I would also guess that when I update the problem will go away.
19:42 dgl-library joined #koha
19:44 dgl-library jcamins: sorry, back for a quick question. after a reboot, I see I now have a new unix user called something like "koha instance dgllibrary" … Is there ever a reason why I should log in as that user, such as when I do the web setup? (I don't remember picking a password, btw)
19:44 jcamins dgl-library: no, never.
19:45 dgl-library ok. thanks for clarifying that.
19:45 dgl-library adios for now — signing off again
19:49 oleonard nengard around?
19:50 nengard yes
19:50 oleonard In what browser are you seeing Bug 7693?
19:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7693 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , clear screen button misaligned
19:50 nengard firefox
19:50 nengard on mac
19:50 oleonard Firefox 10.x?
19:52 nengard is that the most recent? :)
19:52 oleonard Yes. 10.0.2 is what I have.
19:55 nengard then yes
20:02 * jcamins heads home early.
20:04 cait left #koha
20:04 talljoy1 joined #koha
20:19 nengard left #koha
20:24 Shane-S joined #koha
20:25 mbalmer paul_p?
20:25 wahanui paul_p is the 3.8 release manager, and is very tall, and does not like coffee.
20:29 mbalmer bah
20:36 maximep maximep?
20:37 maximep AND SCREAMING AT YOU
20:39 bag mtj?
20:39 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
20:39 bag heh
20:39 bag @wunder 93109
20:39 huginn bag: The current temperature in K6LCM-Westside/Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 27.1°C (12:38 PM PST on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 10%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Pressure: 30.11 in 1019.5 hPa (Steady).
20:39 bag yeah it's HOT here
20:39 maximep @wunder cyqc
20:39 huginn maximep: Error: No such location could be found.
20:39 bag @wunder wellington, nz
20:39 huginn bag: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 13.0°C (9:00 AM NZDT on March 10, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
20:39 maximep @wunder CYQC
20:39 huginn maximep: Error: No such location could be found.
20:39 maximep arg
20:39 maximep @wunder CYQB
20:39 huginn maximep: The current temperature in Quebec, Quebec is -2.0°C (3:00 PM EST on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: -11.0°C. Windchill: -7.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Rising).
20:40 maximep beautiful day and kind of warm here
20:41 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence ks
20:41 huginn wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 16.2°C (2:40 PM CST on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 26%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Pressure: 30.47 in 1031.7 hPa (Steady).
20:41 wizzyrea not bad :)
20:41 wizzyrea pretty nice really
20:42 bag yup but doesn't compare with 27!!!
20:42 bag heh
20:42 sekjal @wunder 01373
20:42 huginn sekjal: The current temperature in Plain Road East, South Deerfield, Massachusetts is 5.7°C (3:04 PM EST on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 50%. Dew Point: -4.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 29.79 in 1008.7 hPa (Steady).
20:43 bag ouch another crushing defeat for SB!
20:43 maximep 27 is ridiculous
20:43 maximep -2 is good enough for me
20:43 oleonard @wunder 45701
20:43 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 7.0°C (3:40 PM EST on March 09, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 35%. Dew Point: -7.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.23 in 1023.6 hPa (Steady).
20:43 wizzyrea 16's really not bad. Pretty nice.
20:43 bag darn another win :)
20:43 wizzyrea 27 is getting close to "too warm"
20:43 bag for early spring :)
20:43 oleonard More like Quebec than Kansas here today
20:43 bag but today will probably be the hotest day or the year :)
20:44 wizzyrea well, to be fair kansas is unseasonably warm :)
20:44 bag s/or/of
20:44 bag @gcalc 27 in F
20:44 huginn bag: Google's calculator didn't come up with anything.
20:44 bag heh
20:45 maximep @gcalc 27C in F
20:45 huginn maximep: Google's calculator didn't come up with anything.
20:45 maximep wuuuuuuut
20:45 maximep 80.6
20:46 oleonard @gcalc 27 c in fahrenheit
20:46 huginn oleonard: Google's calculator didn't come up with anything.
20:46 oleonard Hunh, works in Google.
20:47 bag @gcalc 27 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit
20:47 huginn bag: Google's calculator didn't come up with anything.
20:47 bag stupid
20:48 Johnindy joined #koha
20:49 maximep @gcalc 2+2
20:49 huginn maximep: Google's calculator didn't come up with anything.
20:49 maximep right.
20:49 wizzyrea 2+2
20:49 oleonard 2+2?
20:49 wahanui 4
20:49 wizzyrea there it is
20:49 maximep 2+2*2?
20:49 wahanui 6
20:49 oleonard 27 degrees Celsius in Fahrenheit?
20:50 maximep nice
20:50 maximep most people get 2+2*2 wrong
20:50 oleonard 2+(7-3*9)+4/3?
20:50 wahanui -16.6666666666667
20:50 oleonard That's what I thought too.
20:53 maximep pretty good
20:58 Johnindy_ joined #koha
20:58 Johnindy_ joined #koha
21:17 maximep left #koha
21:27 JesseM left #koha
21:37 sekjal looks like the weekend has begun
21:37 Johnindy joined #koha
21:41 sekjal later, #koha!
22:17 wizzyrea joined #koha
22:30 Soupermanito joined #koha
22:34 magnus_afk g'night #koha!
22:34 wizzyrea ! you are not in bed already?
22:34 magnus_away nope, not quite
22:34 * wizzyrea shoos you that way
22:34 magnus_away 11.30 pm here though
22:34 magnus_away yeah, yeah i'm gone now :-)
22:34 * wizzyrea nods
22:34 wizzyrea I figured!
22:39 NateC joined #koha
22:58 wizzyrea woot! time to go!
22:58 wizzyrea later
23:06 talljoy joined #koha
23:07 bag bug 7402
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7402 normal, P3, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , invoice not showing received titles
23:07 bag bug 7420
23:07 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7420 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Add max fines to circulation matrix
23:36 sturmtruppen joined #koha
23:41 NateC joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary