IRC log for #koha, 2010-08-11

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:23 saorge left #koha
00:23 saorge joined #koha
00:55 robin Who runs the Koha git server?
00:55 robin Fetching kc
00:55 robin[0:]: errno=Connection refused
00:55 robin fatal: unable to connect a socket (Connection refused)
01:00 larsw hi, robin
01:00 robin larsw: hola
01:35 chris yeah someone one something rebooted the server, gitweb is up, the gitserver isnt
01:35 chris gmcharlt or brendan
01:35 chris both of whom will be asleep
01:36 chris try that
01:37 * chris goes back to rfp
01:45 cait1 joined #koha
01:46 cait left #koha
02:17 cait1 left #koha
02:40 jcamins joined #koha
02:52 chris im pretty sure that Christopher White is not actually running Koha
02:53 bgkriegel joined #koha
02:57 jcamins If my nick has been bobbing on and off IRC, I do apologize.
02:57 jcamins Network troubles, and we weren't able to log in long enough to disable autorecon.
02:58 chris jcamins: you arent even noticeable in the noise of everyone else ;)
02:58 chris ppl bounce in and out a lot
02:58 jcamins Good.
02:59 jcamins I just read that e-mail. It does seem odd.
02:59 chris i do know that one of hte things LEK did, is rename db columns
03:00 chris just another thing to make reintegration hard
03:00 chris sure fixing typos is good, but if its lasted 9 years, i think we could just leave it :)
03:00 jcamins Heh.
03:01 jcamins What a mess, upgrading.
03:02 chris yup
03:02 jcamins I guess maybe that was the point.
03:02 chris i think so
03:03 chris if you are gonna lock ppl in, the point is to make the lock difficult to pick
03:03 jcamins Yeah, I guess.
03:27 bgkriegel left #koha
03:52 Amit joined #koha
03:52 Amit heya chris
04:01 richard hi Amit
04:01 richard bit of a towelling for india in the cricket
04:02 Amit heya richard
04:02 Amit hmm only 88 runs it is shameless
04:03 Amit richard: India also loose ODI ranking one NZ 2nd India 3rd
04:04 richard that is surprising. i didn't realise that nz were in a position to be that high
04:04 Oak joined #koha
04:10 Amit hmm
04:11 Amit richard: NZ is good in bowling department
04:16 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
04:58 richard left #koha
05:27 darling left #koha
06:03 magnus joined #koha
06:17 laurence joined #koha
06:34 alex_a joined #koha
06:42 * magnus finds as hit #4 on google today, after, wikipedia and some hockey team
06:43 chris moving up slowly :)
06:50 magnus slowly but surely :-)
06:52 wasabi reminds me to add ''  meta-tag stuff to my website...
06:53 wasabi fyi:
06:57 Oak left #koha
07:31 paul_p joined #koha
07:51 cait joined #koha
07:51 cait morning #koha
07:55 magnus morning cait
07:55 cait hi magnus :)
07:57 Oak joined #koha
08:10 Oak left #koha
08:13 davi joined #koha
08:19 Oak joined #koha
09:10 Oak left #koha
09:15 Oak joined #koha
09:18 * magnus wonders if koha has any kind of presence at IFLA2010
09:20 chris not that im aware of
09:28 cait hi chris
09:35 chris hi cait
09:42 cait :)
09:46 cait someone around who wants to help me with a perl problem? :)
09:46 chris maybe :)
09:47 cait ah :)
09:47 cait ok, bug 5003
09:47 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5003 normal, P5, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW, Can not search for organisation by name
09:47 cait the problem is, that always searches for patron category A
09:48 cait because it does not know if its started from an C or P account
09:48 cait I tried to pass the category_type as url parameter, but I am not sure how to get this parameter into a variable in - what I tried is not working :(
09:51 cait working on a paste :)
09:52 chris k
09:54 cait
09:58 chris that looks ok to me
09:59 * chris will try something
10:00 chris so you end up at the search box right?
10:02 chris [Wed Aug 11 22:02:10 2010] [error] [client] [Wed Aug 11 22:02:10 2010] C at /home/chris/git/koha.git/m​embers/ line 50.
10:03 chris seems to be passing it through for me
10:03 chris but when i search, it doesnt (which makes sense because its not set in the form in the template)
10:04 chris so what you need to do is pass that variable through to that template, then set it as a hiddent input
10:06 cait ah
10:06 cait thx chris, I will try that
10:09 hdl joined #koha
10:26 hdl left #koha
10:42 smustafa joined #koha
10:42 smustafa hello everyone...
10:42 smustafa I need help with my zebra + koha 3.1 latest
10:43 smustafa When I run rebuild_zebra -a -b -z
10:43 smustafa I get nothing, no errors, no display nothing
10:43 smustafa and when I search Koha, still no results show
10:43 smustafa :( :(
10:45 chris run it with -a -b -r -v
10:46 chris for the first run
10:46 chris that will reset and rebuild the indexes, in verbose mode
10:46 chris and if any errors occur you will see them
10:47 smustafa sighs..
10:47 chris if no errors, then you need to check you zebrasrv log (assuming zebrasrv is running of course .. search wont work without that) to see the error
10:47 smustafa let me try
10:48 chris wth the -z switch and without -v it will only update whats been changed (ie whats in the zebraqueue) and with no output, its designed ot be silent to be run as a cron job
10:48 smustafa wow
10:48 smustafa that actually did something!!!
10:49 smustafa thanks alot dear
10:49 wasabi yep, -r is 'reset'
10:49 chris -z will be doing something too, if you have changes waiting to be indexed in your zebraqueue
10:49 smustafa I didnt
10:49 smustafa because I used the same machine that had my koha 3.0 before but simply deleted the folder and re-installed the DEV of koha 3.1
10:49 smustafa I think thats why :)
10:50 chris then it was doing exactly what you told it to, nothng :)
10:50 smustafa thanks alot chris
10:50 smustafa it works now :D
10:50 smustafa let me check the OPAC
10:50 chris cool
10:50 smustafa its perfect
10:50 smustafa thank you :D
10:50 smustafa now I am happier than before hehe
10:58 jcamins joined #koha
11:03 cait smustafa: I wrote a patch for your LC call number search problem - perhaps you want test it
11:04 smustafa Cait, i don't know how to apply patches to my local branch
11:04 smustafa :(
11:04 smustafa but I did see the code of the patch and I will implement it on my code
11:05 smustafa thank you by the way Cait, I will also use the way you implemented it to add another field called search by DLC number
11:05 smustafa My director wants that also...
11:06 cait perhaps you want to try to apply it, that's the command I always use:
11:06 cait git am -s -3 -i -u name_of_patch
11:07 cait but don't ask me about the options :)
11:07 smustafa tehehe
11:07 smustafa whats the name of your patch?  does it say it in the e-mail?
11:08 cait its attached to the bug
11:08 cait bug 5092
11:08 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5092 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, NEW, No results when searching by LC Call Number: in Z39.50 Server
11:09 cait click on the link "proposed patch" in the attachemet table at the top of the page to save it as .patch file
11:09 smustafa ok let me see
11:09 smustafa ahh I have to apply by file? Not remotely?
11:10 smustafa shoot let me search git
11:12 cait it is not in head yet
11:12 cait I would use a branch for testing
11:12 smustafa oh I see, so I do git am -s -3 -i -u /usr/share/patch_filename.patch
11:12 smustafa something like that
11:13 cait look ok to me
11:16 smustafa It worked great thank you so much cait
11:16 smustafa now I learned how to apply file patches also :D
11:16 smustafa woho
11:17 cait I learned from chris :)
11:17 smustafa hehe chris helps everyone
11:17 cait yes, he is great
11:17 cait chris++
11:17 cait will be back in a few minutes
11:18 paul_p chris answers so many questions, that I suspect there are 2 or 3 chris in fact :D
11:18 paul_p ( hello cait & smustafa )
11:18 smustafa :)
11:18 smustafa alright guys, I will be leaving
11:18 smustafa take care and thanks for helping out :) :)
11:18 smustafa left #koha
11:25 jwagner joined #koha
11:33 cait hi paul_p
11:43 Amit left #koha
11:49 druthb joined #koha
12:10 owen joined #koha
12:13 owen Hi #koha
12:17 cait hi owen :)
12:21 cait chris: yay it works :)
12:30 nengard joined #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:37 cait bye all ! :)
12:37 cait left #koha
12:38 Nate joined #koha
12:38 jwagner owen, Bug 5113 -- Kurt's on an older mainstream version.  The problem is fixed in later versions.
12:38 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5113 normal, P5, ---, jwagner, NEW, Some OPAC search results not hyperlinked in Internet Explorer 8
12:39 owen jwagner: Thanks, I knew you were the one who would know
12:41 jwagner Not sure where/what the fix was, but it's OK in both head and harley
12:46 briceSanc joined #koha
13:00 owen I was just testing Bug 2585 to see if it was still an issue, and I'm getting weird results for a record which uses an authority record for its author
13:00 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2585 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, ASSIGNED, XSLT bib details: search links for authorized names can be incorrect
13:01 owen The XSLT OPAC detail view shows duplicate author links
13:02 owen One links to the author name (?q=au:Author,Name). The other links to what appears to be an authority search by number?
13:02 owen "?q=an:2"
13:05 owen I don't use authorities records outside of testing, so I don't know if this is typical or not
13:05 owen Has anyone else seen this?
13:06 nengard owen, i've seen it, but not as duplicates - i've seen it as one or the other way
13:07 nengard i think it should always do an author search - not an authority search
13:07 nengard let me go see what i get in my system
13:08 nengard where are you seeing duplicates? I only see one link and in my case it's going to authority
13:08 owen OPAC, XSLT on, detail page.
13:14 nengard on the OPAC, XSLT on, detail page for me I see the author links at the top - but i only see them once - not twice ....
13:14 jcamins_a Good morning.
13:15 nengard sorry - got to run - will be back later
13:16 nengard left #koha
13:18 owen Should the import tool in the staff client work for authority records, or am I dreaming?
13:19 jcamins_a It's a good dream.
13:20 jcamins left #koha
13:20 jcamins_a is now known as jcamins
13:24 schuster joined #koha
13:25 owen Should the bulkmarcimport command line tool work without errors or am I dreaming about that too? :(
13:26 owen DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Column 'authtypecode' cannot be null
13:28 jcamins I never tried it, but I think it's supposed to.
13:29 owen I thought I'd download an authority record from LOC to see if it was my hand-entered authority record that was causing my problem
13:30 sekjal joined #koha
13:30 druthb left #koha
13:32 owen False alarm, I was trying to import the wrong record
13:36 juergen joined #koha
13:39 owen Okay, after successfully importing an author authority record at attaching it to a record I'm getting different results than my hand-edited one
13:39 owen No duplicate now, but the link points to the authority search
13:40 Elwell left #koha
13:41 Elwell joined #koha
13:53 mib_btkt1 joined #koha
13:55 mib_btkt1 Good afternoon. Does anyone know how difficult it is too add other marc tags to OPAC? e.g 856 tag or even custom tags? I was looking at the opac-detail.tmpl and an MARC21 xsl page but nothing!
13:56 owen mib_btkt1: Modifying the xsl page is probably the best way to approach it, but it's not exactly simple
13:56 jcamins mib_btkt1: if you want to change the OPAC display, it's very straightforward if you know XSLT.
13:56 owen mib_btkt1: 856 should display already though
13:57 eric_b joined #koha
13:58 mib_btkt1 Sorry 856 was just an example! So editing the xsl file is the way to go? What about manipulating existing tags? E.g the Subject(s) is included subfields I want seperated out to other tags etc?
13:59 owen mib_btkt1: The xsl file is the best way to go if you want to get down to handling specific MARC tags and subfields. The sky's the limit, as long as you can figure out the XML
14:00 ebegin left #koha
14:00 mib_btkt1 Thanks, I just can't find the "Subject (s)" text anywhere in  that document. On a side note, has anyone ever thought of a GUI for adding/removing tags? Something I might look at one day!
14:01 jcamins mib_btkt1: look in MARC21slim2OPACDetail.xsl.
14:01 owen Line 384, to be specific
14:01 owen (for subject handling)
14:01 jcamins Oh, one other thing... you have to make sure that you have the XSLT display enabled.
14:02 laurence left #koha
14:03 jcamins The settings are OPACXSLTResultsDisplay and OPACXSLTDetailsDisplay.
14:04 mib_btkt1 thanks, away I go!!!
14:04 jcamins Good luck.
14:30 magnus left #koha
14:32 mib_btkt1 That worked out fine for me thanks! One more small thing, I just upgraded to 3.06 and noticed that the "Checked Out to" on the holdings table isn't there anymore, it used to show the current borrowers name
14:32 mib_btkt1 any ideas?
14:36 ebegin joined #koha
14:38 eric_b left #koha
14:43 schuster left #koha
14:45 jwagner is now known as jwag_mtg
14:50 schuster joined #koha
14:56 sekjal left #koha
14:56 jcamins Does Koha have an entry screen for non-mongraph 008s?
14:56 jcamins monograph, rather
15:14 sekjal joined #koha
15:17 * chris_n read jcamins ' question as "non-monogrammed 008s"
15:18 * jcamins read his question as "monocled 008s" only second after writing it
15:34 brendan joined #koha
15:36 briceSanc hello
15:37 sekjal morning, briceSanc
15:37 briceSanc When you import biblios with : How to manage duplicates ? Because there is no ISBN on biblios
15:37 briceSanc hi sekjal !
15:38 briceSanc sekjal, ready for the meeting at 3:00pm ?
15:38 sekjal briceSanc: I'm ready any time before then; I've got a call at 3pm.
15:40 briceSanc ok
15:40 briceSanc i will be availaible in 30min
15:40 sekjal briceSanc: sounds good
15:42 sekjal and in answer to your question, when you use, it populates both the biblio and biblioitems tables (ISBN living in the biblioitems table)
15:42 sekjal there is a utility in the newer versions of bulkmarcimport to do ISBN matching, but I haven't tried it myself yet
15:50 briceSanc yes it's the -i option
15:57 juergen left #koha
16:02 schuster owen about?  I have a jquery question
16:02 owen Yes
16:02 schuster Or for anyone that might be able to help...  I want to hide the published on (8/10/10) in the opac with the notes...  suggestions?  I'm going to have to learn jquery I guess, but not today.
16:03 owen Do you have an example I can see?
16:03 schuster We are going to highlight a database a month using a widget but my boss doesn't want the published on to display.
16:03 wizzyrea i'm not sure what you're referring to
16:03 schuster Give me a sec.
16:06 sekjal briceSanc: brb
16:06 sekjal left #koha
16:06 schuster ok yes
16:06 schuster I'd also like to move the World Book Encyclopedia to above the description if possible.
16:07 owen Can you be specific schuster?
16:07 schuster did you go to the
16:08 schuster I want to hide/remove - (published on 08/08/2010)
16:08 wizzyrea $("#news").find("p:contains('published').hide() possibly
16:08 schuster There is a table there - as well the widget is in the last column, but World Book Encyclopedia is in a column all by itself and then the "news/description" is in the middle column.
16:09 wizzyrea don't forget the semicolon, like I did :P
16:09 owen Oh, I thought you were talking about a biblio record
16:09 wizzyrea so
16:09 wizzyrea $("irc://").fi​nd("p:contains('published').hide();
16:09 wizzyrea erm
16:09 wizzyrea no
16:10 wizzyrea $("#news").find("p:contains('published').hide();
16:11 wizzyrea (I haven't tested that)
16:12 owen $("#news").find("p:contains('published')").hide();
16:12 sekjal joined #koha
16:12 wizzyrea I knew I was missing something there :P
16:14 owen schuster: I think that "published" text was displaying above the table because of invalid markup somewhere (inside your news item?)
16:22 wizzyrea Is there an "export these preferences as a template" deal anywhere?
16:22 wizzyrea (i know i know, i should just pull out the table. That works great if you actually have access to your DB.)
16:22 owen That's the only way I know of
16:23 wizzyrea ok.
16:23 schuster I would put that in the opacuserjs? or where?
16:23 wizzyrea yep, opacuserjs
16:25 schuster hmmm that removed my widget... but didn't touch the published.
16:28 schuster OK hmmm I see it adjusted the location based on the HTML coding I had put in to "format" the text in the box.
16:32 wizzyrea schuster: that worked on mine.
16:32 wizzyrea not sure what's up with yours.
16:34 schuster OK thanks that gives me something to play with.  I'm adjusting my code and based on my formating of the code it moves where the "published" goes...
16:40 sekjal briceSanc: sorry for the delay; had to install some updates and reboot, lest I disappear in the middle of conversation
16:43 owen If I mark a suggestion as "accepted," shouldn't an email message end up in my message_queue table for that patron?
16:54 owen is now known as owen-away
17:01 aarkerio joined #koha
17:02 aarkerio hi! Inside installer (step 1) I am getting:  Modules in red must be installed before you may continue PDF::API2::Simple
17:02 aarkerio but in fact PDF::API2::Simple is installed
17:04 aarkerio I installed : apt-get install libpdf-api2-perl
17:04 wasabi aarkerio: ignore it
17:04 wasabi ;)
17:04 aarkerio I can't installer only shows "recheck" button
17:06 aarkerio mmm, I installed using cpan and all is OK, thx!
17:06 wasabi yeah, i  use cpan for that tricky module too
17:07 wasabi cpan gives me 'PDF::API2  2.015'
17:07 aarkerio ubuntu package is old
17:09 cfouts joined #koha
17:11 owen joined #koha
17:12 owen-away left #koha
17:12 owen is now known as owen-away
17:18 Oak left #koha
17:24 cfouts_ joined #koha
17:28 cfouts left #koha
17:28 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
17:28 jwag_mtg is now known as jwagner
17:45 juergen joined #koha
17:46 owen-away left #koha
17:54 cfouts_ joined #koha
17:54 thd-away` is now known as thd
17:56 cfouts left #koha
17:56 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
17:59 thd cfouts: are you here in person?
18:03 thd cfouts: nevermind.  I just solved my momentary problem.  High heat impairs my thinking.
18:05 juergen left #koha
18:13 Colin joined #koha
18:21 tcohen left #koha
18:24 cfouts_ joined #koha
18:26 cfouts left #koha
18:26 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
18:40 ricardo joined #koha
18:41 ricardo Hi everyone! I'll have a quick dinner now and so, I may "arrive" at the IRC meeting a bit late. Feel free to start without me, though... I'll review the Log when I get back!  :)
18:41 ricardo is now known as ricardo_a
18:46 cait joined #koha
18:46 cait hi #koha
18:46 jwagner Hi cait
18:46 Colin Hi
18:47 cait very slow internet connection :( my father moved the access point, hope it will not kick me out :)
18:48 cait t
18:49 VickiTeal joined #koha
18:50 aarkerio hi! how can I create a CSS theme for OPAC?
18:52 wizzyrea Owen's blog is a good place to start
18:52 wizzyrea
18:52 wizzyrea he goes over most of the customization options at one point or another in his posts
18:53 gmcharlt good afternoon/morning/etc
18:54 cfouts_ joined #koha
18:54 gmcharlt[…]g,_11_August_2010
18:54 gmcharlt 1.  Update on Roadmap to 3.2.
18:54 gmcharlt 2. Update on Roadmap to 3.0.
18:54 gmcharlt 3. Update on Roadmap to 3.4.
18:54 gmcharlt 4. Follow-up on actions from General IRC Meeting, 7 July 2010.
18:54 gmcharlt 5. Agree times of next meetings.
18:54 gmcharlt starting with intros
18:54 * gmcharlt = Galen Charlton, 3.2 RM
18:55 aarkerio thx!
18:55 * cait = Katrin Fischer, BSZ
18:55 * wizzyrea Liz Rea - NEKLS
18:55 Colin Colin Campbell - PTFS Europe
18:56 sekjal Ian Walls, ByWater Solutions
18:56 cfouts left #koha
18:56 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
18:56 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York much much too hot City
18:56 jwagner Jane Wagner, PTFS
18:57 slef MJ Ray member
18:57 VickiTeal Vicki Teal Lovely, South Central Library System, Madison, WI US
18:58 gmcharlt 3.2 - in terms of blockers, 4310 is the main one with no pending resolution
18:58 wizzyrea but 4310
18:58 thd slef: where are you at the moment?
18:58 wizzyrea bug 4310
18:58 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4310 blocker, P5, ---, henridamien, NEW, No Migration for budgets from 3.0 to 3.2
18:59 slef damn hot in miami too :-)
18:59 * jcamins = Jared Camins-Esakov
19:00 thd slef: I sent you an email
19:00 slef I'm sat under a wifi mast in ocean beach park. Why?
19:00 slef not seen it :-(
19:00 thd slef: I missed your message about being in NYC
19:00 thd slef: maybe we could still meet if you are returning to the UK via NYC
19:01 slef nope. Maybe next time
19:01 thd sorry
19:01 gmcharlt other blockers have resolutions to apply or (like bug 5099) can be downgraded
19:01 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5099 blocker, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, Avanced Search page unavailable when OpacGroupResults is used
19:01 CGI516 joined #koha
19:01 slef no worries
19:01 gmcharlt bug 3536 has a patch that sekjal has been testing
19:02 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3536 blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED, Checked In item requiring transfer does not consistently trigger transfer prompt
19:02 wizzyrea *cheer*
19:03 sekjal the patch brings us closer to solving the bug, but I'm still finding a double-transfer issue when the new system preference is set a certain way
19:03 sekjal my comment on the bug report has more details
19:03 gmcharlt so RC1 by Monday; later than I hoped in July, but the acq bug will be worked around
19:04 slef I think I'm back on koha end of next week so I'll try to test and death rc1
19:04 gmcharlt paul_p (if around) - any update on 3.0?
19:04 thd gmcharlt: What method would be used to work around a migration problem?
19:05 slef debug not death. Predictive text fail
19:05 thd :)
19:05 gmcharlt thd: retaining (and renaming) the previous tables so that the original data is around for manual cleanup if need be
19:06 CGI516 Could anyone help me with creating new z39.50 servers?
19:06 thd slef: what IRC client has predictive text?
19:06 slef what are the bug numbers? Smartphones are good but I can't easily browse and type
19:06 thd CGI516: after the meeting someone maybe even me will be happy to help.
19:07 gmcharlt ok ... moving on to 3.4
19:07 slef phone not client
19:07 gmcharlt slef: 4310
19:07 gmcharlt chris: about?
19:07 CGI516 Sorry...didn't know there was a meeting going on.  Thanks
19:07 wizzyrea he left his apologies on the wiki
19:07 briceSanc is there a special room for General IRC Meeting ?
19:07 slef gmcharlt I mean total nos blockers criticals and so on
19:07 gmcharlt briceSanc: no, just regular #koha
19:08 briceSanc k
19:08 thd briceSanc: you are in the meeting
19:08 thd briceSanc: welcome
19:09 briceSanc welcome all, i'm Brice Sanchez (SYS-TECH company, Qu�bec, Canada). I'm on KOHA since 1 month and we work in order to install KOHA in 20 school before July 2011
19:10 gmcharlt slef: 3.2 crit = 12, maj = 18
19:10 briceSanc and i'm developper
19:10 slef cool ta
19:11 gmcharlt hi briceSanc , and welcome
19:12 aarkerio I am from Mexico! Cancer Institute:
19:12 gmcharlt aarkerio: welcome!
19:12 gmcharlt contining on to license vote
19:13 thd Unfortunately, I have been absent for a few weeks and not attending to the license vote schedule.
19:14 thd I actually managed to break my computer.
19:14 gmcharlt ok - I think we'll need to reset the vote schedule, then
19:14 aarkerio I vote GPLv3
19:14 thd slef has also been more recently absent, although, with non-broken hardware I assume.
19:15 Lee joined #koha
19:15 CGI516 left #koha
19:15 schuster David Schuster - Plano ISD(school district 67 schools on Koha)
19:16 thd I am still migrating my previous computing environment to a new computer with gparted constantly dying on me.
19:16 owen joined #koha
19:16 gmcharlt thd: ok, I'll send an email about the vote schedule at some point
19:17 ricardo_a is now known as ricardo
19:17 ricardo back
19:17 slef oops network broke for a mo there. Reading log
19:17 ricardo ricardo = Ricardo Dias Marques, author of installation guide of Koha in openSUSE and contributor/approver to Portuguese translation, Portugal
19:17 thd My data was never a problem.  I simply could not display it in a room less than 110 degrees F
19:18 VickiTeal Please be sure to send to koha general list. Thanks.
19:18 gmcharlt VickiTeal: of course
19:19 VickiTeal Thanks. I'm not on developer's list. ;-)
19:19 slef is the vote schedule on wiki somewhere?
19:19 gmcharlt I think this is shaping to be a quick meeting, which does balance out the 2 hour meeting regarding the licensing
19:19 thd VickiTeal: we agreed at the meeting about a relicensing vote that discussion was to take place on the general list.
19:19 gmcharlt slef: not as far as I know, but that would be the home once it's finalized
19:20 VickiTeal OK!
19:20 slef ok. I looked and thought it was just me failing with that wiki again
19:20 * chris_n = Chris Nighswonger, FBC
19:21 chris_n sorry for being late
19:21 gmcharlt chris_n: I think you showed up just in time for setting the next meeting time
19:21 gmcharlt :)
19:21 thd there was a call to summarise the many votes about the relicensing vote held during the relicensing meeting
19:21 chris_n lol
19:22 gmcharlt the first Wednesday in September is the 1st
19:22 hdl joined #koha
19:22 chris_n the 1st is good by me
19:22 gmcharlt ok - 19:00 UTC+0 on the 1 September 2010?
19:22 slef
19:22 ricardo gmcharlt: Fine by me
19:22 thd +1
19:22 chris_n +1
19:23 slef ok afaik
19:23 Colin ok
19:23 slef +1
19:23 VickiTeal +1
19:23 hdl looks like I am too late.
19:23 jcamins +1
19:23 slef there are really odd-looking birds here
19:24 cfouts_ joined #koha
19:24 gmcharlt slef: the flamingoes?
19:24 gmcharlt hdl: hi
19:24 chris_n pink?
19:24 hdl hi
19:24 thd hdl: you did not miss much but an issue cam up about migrating acquisitions
19:24 gmcharlt hdl: still time for a 3.0 update
19:24 slef scrawny little brown ones
19:24 thd s/cam/came/
19:25 hdl I am packaging it. Will release it this week
19:25 gmcharlt hdl++
19:25 ricardo hdl: Will release what, exactly?
19:25 hdl 3.0.7
19:26 ricardo hdl: Cool! :)
19:26 slef I'll try to post one to
19:26 hdl actually : it is already on git.
19:26 jwagner hdl, this is the latest stable version, correct?
19:26 hdl But I will write releasenotes.
19:26 hdl jwagner: yes
19:26 hdl should be at least.
19:26 cfouts left #koha
19:26 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
19:27 hdl I am working on budgets migrations. too
19:28 ricardo Nice... Should I try to backport the small patch I contributed today for master branch regarding:
19:28 ricardo Bug 5116
19:28 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5116 minor, P5, ---, ricmarques, NEW, Duplicate and missing entries in ""
19:28 ricardo ?
19:28 thd hdl: gmcharlt had suggested a workaround on migrating acquisitions to store old data in renamed tables.
19:29 thd gmcharlt is your suggestion for the absence of any acquisitions migration script or merely the imperfection of such a script.
19:29 gmcharlt the latter
19:29 gmcharlt but looking forward to hdl's work on the budget migration
19:29 briceSanc jwagner, I have received and read your mail, i just need time to answer
19:30 hdl ricardo: send it to me.
19:30 hdl I have little data to test aqorderbreakdown migration correctly,
19:31 hdl if any good soul is willing to send good test data, I will take it.
19:32 ricardo hdl: OK, I'll write a patch for 3.0.x and send it for the Koha 3.0.x branch to the "koha patches" mailing list and "Cc"ing you. Does that sound good?
19:33 hdl yes
19:33 ricardo hdl: Cool, thanks
19:33 ricardo gmcharlt: Not urgent but, when you have the time, could you give your feedback regarding:
19:33 ricardo http://lists.koha-community.or[…]ugust/034334.html
19:34 jwagner Is the meeting over?
19:34 ricardo jwagner: Oops, sorry... You're right. I'll shut up now  :)
19:35 hdl will read logs.
19:35 jwagner No, I didn't mean that -- just wasn't sure
19:35 hdl back to vacation time
19:35 jwagner I think we were finished, just checking
19:36 thd CGI516: are you still here?
19:36 slef
19:37 ricardo jwagner: Yep, maybe we are finished... gmcharlt: Do you want to formally "close" the meeting, if that's the case?
19:37 slef probably too dark
19:37 gmcharlt yep, I think we're done
19:37 gmcharlt thanks, all
19:38 ricardo gmcharlt: Thank you
19:38 * thd goes back to memory leaks in gparted
19:38 Lee left #koha
19:38 ricardo thd: Memory leaks in Gparted? What version are you using?
19:38 slef ok see you next week. Or in #spi in 15
19:39 Colin left #koha
19:40 hdl left #koha
19:41 thd ricardo: I am using the latest version of gparted which is packaged with parted magic.
19:41 owen left #koha
19:44 ricardo thd: OK, so I'll assume it's the current gparted version (0.6.2). I don't have experience of "memory leaks" but I think I'm at least "one version behind". Could your hard drive be "dying" and, if that's the case, could it be causing problems to gparted (just guessing)?
19:44 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:45 thd ricardo: no this is happening on many computers including one with a new hard drive
19:45 thd also, I have been testing hard drives and RAM vigorously
19:46 thd I have not lost any data when gparted has failed.
19:46 thd I had to resort to backup in the past when parted failed 3 years ago.
19:48 gmcharlt ricardo: clone over http is now working again
19:48 collum joined #koha
19:49 ricardo gmcharlt: Cool  :) Many thanks. Did you also set it up as a cronjob, or would that be a bad idea?
19:49 gmcharlt update-server-info wasn't the problem - that gets run as a post-update hook
19:49 gmcharlt it was a change in the apache config that broke it; few enough users of clone-over-http that I don't thnk anybody had noticed
19:50 thd ricardo: I cannot be certain that some other part of parted magic than gparted is having memory leaks.  However, memory leaks and other problems are obvious.
19:50 owen joined #koha
19:51 ricardo thd: You're booting Gparted from some kind of a Boot media, like a Boot CD, right? If you're not, try to do that.
19:51 thd ricardo: I would not think of using gparted from the disk on which it is operating.
19:52 ricardo thd: Yeah, I figured as much, but wanted to be sure  :)
19:52 thd ricardo: I use a boot media and the OS is running entirely in RAM.
19:52 ricardo thd: right
19:54 thd Rebooting cures all problems when waiting more than enough time for any write to have finished does not.
19:54 cfouts_ joined #koha
19:55 ricardo thd: Right... Oh well, I guess I can't help you, sorry. Try to see if the bug is posted to the "Bugs" forum of "Parted Magic" -
19:55 thd ricardo: I am able to accomplish what I need to do but it is taking many days because I constantly have to restart the process.
19:56 ricardo thd: Is anything available in the "error console"? I forget where the error console lives... Alt+F9 or ALT+11, maybe?
19:56 thd ricardo: If I had the hardware to support some other type of volume management and trusted the integrity of data on such systems my problem would be simpler.
19:56 ricardo s/ALT+11/ALT+F11
19:56 cfouts left #koha
19:56 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
19:57 owen I guess I didn't miss much meeting
19:57 thd owen: very little communicated during the meeting.
19:57 ricardo owen: Congratulations! You're right! You missed a pretty speedy meeting  :)
19:58 * owen isn't sure whether that's good or bad
19:58 thd ricardo: I expect that everything would be in /var/log on the virtual file system.
19:59 ricardo thd: That makes sense, although I'm not sure of that
20:00 thd owen: I think that there has been somewhat less to report and discuss because of the time of year.
20:01 ricardo thd: *nod*
20:02 ebegin I remember that there was a section about the default authorized value on the wiki.  I can not find it.  Anybody remember where it is?
20:02 schuster left #koha
20:02 owen the default authorized value of what?
20:03 thd I will try to look for the problem next time it occurs.  I am almost finished after several days work reorganising partitions.
20:03 ebegin of authorized value :)  Those that are hardcoded
20:04 ricardo thd: OK. I'm sorry that you had to put up with that
20:04 ebegin Like LOST... 1 : Lost, 2: Long Overdue, 3: Lost and paid for, etc.
20:05 briceSanc During the IRC meeting, the relicensing discuss was for the Wiki or for the Koha software ?
20:05 owen briceSanc: For Koha
20:06 briceSanc ok and what are the main change of the licence ?
20:07 thd ricardo: I could use merely 2 or 3 partitions like most people but I want different mount options and other controls which only come from a much greater degree of partitioning.
20:07 CGI824 joined #koha
20:07 CGI824 left #koha
20:08 ricardo thd: Sure, I meant that I'm sorry that you to put up with those problems of Parted Magic / gParted
20:08 thd ricardo: just life with very complex systems
20:08 thd :)
20:09 jwagner ebegin, I think the default authorized values are an option during installation -- is that what you're asking?
20:09 thd ebegin: you have referred to some value lists with no formal specification.
20:10 ricardo ebegin: I believe the default value of an authorised list is defined / chosen on each of the (Cataloging) frameworks that use it
20:10 ebegin jwagner, that's correct. But there was a list somewhere on the wiki (maybe it wasn't move on the new version)
20:11 thd ebegin: Item status values are not formally specified which makes it impossible to design a feature which exploits the values in a normalised manner.
20:11 ebegin I fell back on the sql data
20:11 ricardo ebegin: Check the "Default value" field of the "Advanced constraints" section of a Cataloging framework that you use, for a field that uses / should use some "authorised values" list
20:12 thd ebegin: Item status value meanings vary between libraries although there are some partial presumptions implied in the code.
20:13 thd ebegin: 0 and 1 have explicit meaning for item status.  Values beyond that are John Conway's humorous data type errrm :)
20:15 thd ebegin: there may be some common practise in Koha MARC 21 libraries for item status values but it differs from common practise for Koha UNIMARC libraries.
20:16 ebegin Another example of an hardcoded value is -1 for Ordered in the NOT_LOAN authorised value.
20:16 ebegin Anyway, thanks guys.  I found what I was looking for :D
20:17 briceSanc owen, is there a web place where i could be informed about the relicensing of Koha?
20:18 thd briceSanc: If you search for AGPL on the mailing list archives you should find the past discussion.
20:18 ricardo ebegin: Where did you find it, then?
20:18 ebegin in the sql data of the installer :D
20:19 thd briceSanc: Future discussion in relation to ballot design, voting etc. has been agreed to be held on the general mailing list.
20:21 thd briceSanc: Expect more discussion on the mailing list in about a week.  My hardware capacity to participate had been interrupted recently.
20:21 briceSanc ok thanks for your answer
20:21 jwagner left #koha
20:22 * thd returns to moving partitions
20:22 thd is now known as thd-away
20:22 VickiTeal left #koha
20:24 cfouts_ joined #koha
20:24 ricardo ebegin: OK, thanks for the info
20:26 cfouts left #koha
20:26 cfouts_ is now known as cfouts
20:31 richard joined #koha
20:32 richard hi
20:32 * chris wanders in
20:39 owen Hi chris
20:41 chris power all back i see
20:41 owen Dunno, I went home :)
20:41 chris :)
20:44 ricardo Hi chris! Long time no see :)
20:44 chris heya ricardo, hows things?
20:44 ricardo Hello richard
20:45 richard HI ALL
20:45 richard oops
20:45 richard darn caps lock
20:45 jcamins is now known as jcamins_a
20:46 ricardo chris: Lots of work... Being kept busy at work with many things regarding Linux Server admin, besides Koha (so I can now only work with / study Koha sometimes)
20:47 chris ahh, i hear that
20:47 ricardo chris: Is "I hear that" an idiomatic expression for "I have the same problem" ?  ;-)
20:48 chris yeah, can also mean 'you have my sympathy'
20:48 ricardo chris: Thanks!  :)
20:49 briceSanc left #koha
20:50 ricardo chris: I was looking to "" today... I believe there's a small bug there (and maybe - but just maybe - another one "hiding" that would not be so small). Let's see if I can make something out of this---
20:50 chris cool
20:51 ricardo chris: And how's your life?
20:51 chris stupidly busy, but good apart from that ;)
20:51 ricardo chris: ahh, i hear that  ;-)
20:51 * owen like busy if it's the right kind
20:52 * ricardo agrees with owen
20:54 cait left #koha
20:55 ricardo Wasn't there some kind of message to the bot to have weather info...
20:55 ricardo !weather
20:55 wizzyrea @wunder lawrence, ks
20:55 ricardo !lisbon
20:55 munin wizzyrea: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is 39.5�C (4:02 PM CDT on August 11, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 39%. Dew Point: 23.0�C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007.0 hPa (Falling). Excessive heat warning in effect until 8 PM CDT Friday...
20:55 owen @wunder 45701
20:55 munin owen: The current temperature in Ohio University, Athens, Ohio is 23.9�C (4:55 PM EDT on August 11, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 22.0�C. Pressure: 29.70 in 1005.6 hPa (Steady).
20:56 ricardo wizzyrea: Thanks!  :)
20:56 wizzyrea :)
20:56 ricardo @wunder lisbon
20:56 munin ricardo: Error: No such location could be found.
20:56 ricardo @wunder lisbon, portugal
20:56 munin ricardo: The current temperature in Lisbon, Portugal is 27.0�C (9:30 PM WEST on August 11, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 21%. Dew Point: 3.0�C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
20:56 owen wizzyrea: C'mon over, it's cooler here today.
20:56 ricardo OK... Kansas wins (ouch!)
20:56 ebegin @wunder montreal, canada
20:56 munin ebegin: The current temperature in Montreal, Quebec is 26.0�C (4:00 PM EDT on August 11, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 13.0�C. Pressure: 29.92 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
20:56 ricardo Althoug it's already 10 PM here in Lisbon
20:56 wizzyrea oh seriously, yea, I'm coming to your house, owen
20:56 chris @wunder wellington,nz
20:57 munin chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 10.0�C (8:00 AM NZST on August 12, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 82%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
20:57 wasabi left #koha
20:57 ricardo chris: Chilly....
20:57 chris its winter :)
20:57 ricardo I think we "spooked" wasabi
20:57 richard it was 4 degrees yesterday mornign
20:57 ebegin 10 C? That is not winter... :) winter is - 20 overhere :)
20:57 ricardo richard: Where?
20:58 richard in wellington nz. i'm about 30 minutes walk from chris
20:58 ricardo richard: Ah... That must help to keep you in good shape  ;-)
21:00 richard um, i've only visited him once at his work. we work together on some things but often compete
21:01 owen is now known as owen-away
21:01 collum left #koha
21:02 chris coopetition as paul would say
21:02 ricardo "richard" vs "chris": "FIGHT!"... this must be said with the "voice-off" from "Mortal Kombat"  ;-)
21:02 chris heh
21:03 richard coopetition is a good description
21:04 sekjal left #koha
21:08 chris im glad bernardo is fixing all the typos in the templates, thats neat
21:10 ricardo chris: *nod*
21:43 darling joined #koha
21:48 ricardo Hi darling! I always wished to say that...  ;-)
21:51 darling hehe, I got in trouble at work for using my real name as my irc nick so changed it to that
21:51 Nate left #koha
21:52 ricardo darling: ...and then you chose another nick that can get you in all other sorts of trouble. Nice!  ;-)
21:55 ricardo darling: I'm just joking, of course  :)
21:56 chris he's on the phone :)
21:56 * chris works about 10 metres away from darling
21:58 moodaepo @wunder 56001
21:58 ricardo chris: And "darling" 's nick never got you in trouble with your wife? "Hey 'darling', wait a minute... I have my wife on the phone!"  ;-)
21:58 munin moodaepo: The current temperature in MSU Physics Dept, Mankato, Minnesota is 32.1�C (5:05 PM CDT on August 11, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 27.0�C. Pressure: 28.86 in 977.2 hPa (Rising).
22:00 cait joined #koha
22:08 chris ricardo: not yet :)
22:08 chris heya cait
22:08 cait hi chris :)
22:08 cait reading logs
22:11 chris was a pretty quiet meeting (i wasnt there but read the logs too)
22:13 cait was sitting in the garden with my father
22:14 cait so got a bit distracted :)
22:14 jcamins_a cait: I don't blame you. A garden sounds wonderful.
22:14 jcamins_a Especially if it's not horribly humid.
22:15 cait it is quite small, because the house is in the old part of the city, but its very green :)
22:15 cait and we had wine too
22:16 * jcamins_a is very jealous. There's very little green where he lives in New York.
22:17 brendan left #koha
22:21 cait Konstanz has a great countryside and the lake of course, but I have no garden or balcony, so I enjoy the garden here when visiting my family
22:22 jcamins_a A countryside sounds nice too.
22:25 cait :)
22:25 cait I think living in NY has its own advantages
22:25 jcamins_a Yes, but it helps if you like cities. ;)
22:27 cait tourism site of konstanz - pictures :)
22:32 cait ok, time to sleep :) bye all
22:32 chris night cait
22:32 jcamins_a Good night.
22:33 cait ah, before I forget:  chris++ for your help on my patch(es) :)
22:34 chris np
22:35 cait learning a lot by fixing those bugs, hope it will help me with my bigger projects too :)
22:35 cait left #koha
22:43 ricardo Running off as well... Take care, everyone!  :)
22:43 ricardo left #koha
23:25 cfouts left #koha
23:38 davi left #koha
23:44 * owen-away votes Konstanz for the next Koha conference
23:45 chris :)
23:45 chris it probably is europes turn again
23:47 owen-away Or maybe Bodo, Norway?
23:52 chris that would be sweet

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary