IRC log for #koha, 2015-04-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:15 papa joined #koha
00:49 ngourlay joined #koha
01:15 BobB joined #koha
02:00 rangi[…]85601901972082688
02:00 rangi i think maybe we dont need to pick up all the nexpress updates :)
02:01 rangi but ill help find them if they want to fly me over :)
02:01 rangi @later tell tcohen definitely if we can find a time that suits all 3 of us
02:01 huginn` rangi: The operation succeeded.
02:08 eythian goodness, no branches have had any change since yesterday. Everyone must be on holiday.
02:13 wizzyrea lol.
02:14 cdickinson joined #koha
02:16 eythian <-- holy crap, is that ever a cover version
02:45 JoshB joined #koha
03:41 Francesca joined #koha
03:42 * Francesca waves
03:42 wizzyrea hey Francesca
03:42 wahanui I love the 11th doctor!
03:42 eythian Hi Francesca. cdickinson is at your desk.
03:43 cdickinson I thought this desk was put in for me... oh well
03:43 Francesca I'm at home so no worries
03:43 Francesca is rangi around
03:43 cdickinson No, unfortunately, he had to leave cause one of his kids was sick
03:44 Francesca ok
03:44 Francesca I might flick him an email
03:45 Francesca I'm on midterm break at the moment so lots of spare time
03:46 cdickinson midterm break for uni? So am I, though I really don't have spare time haha
03:47 Francesca yeah I've got a few assignments I should do
03:48 Francesca what are you studying?
03:48 cdickinson Network Engineering, 4th year
03:48 cdickinson going to be working on Koha as part of my honours project
03:49 Francesca cool
03:49 Francesca I just do some volunteer part time work for koha
03:49 Francesca I'm studying music studies, first year in a BMus
03:50 eythian Francesca is making the soundtrack for the project...
03:51 dcook :D
03:51 Francesca lol
03:51 wizzyrea and making our various web properties pretty.
03:51 Francesca hey dcook
03:52 Francesca Making websites look pretty is fun
03:52 cdickinson lol
03:52 Francesca I don't take any IT papers at uni, gotta keep my skills up somehow
03:52 cdickinson at least I'd know her soundtrack would be nice, cause getting into music at Vic is super competitive :P
03:53 Francesca lol yeah it is
03:53 Francesca but I'm not taking performance
03:54 cdickinson what are you doing, then?
03:54 * cdickinson assumed that's what people take music for...
03:54 Francesca music studies
03:54 Francesca So just general theory papers, music history papers
03:55 cdickinson oh, okay
03:55 Francesca I wanted to do performance though
03:55 Francesca just didn't get in
03:55 cdickinson ;-;
03:55 cdickinson well, you got in at all, that is an achievement
03:55 cdickinson a couple of my engineering mates tried and failed
03:56 Francesca it is really hard
03:56 Francesca and I was going for classical voice which is one of the hardest
03:57 dcook hey Francesca :)
03:57 * dcook is a bit slow thanks to many uncooperative Tomcat instances...
03:58 cdickinson wow, I can't imagine, but yeah, I'll take your word for it
03:58 cdickinson still keeping up with that, though?
03:58 Francesca yup
03:58 Francesca I sing with Orpheus
03:58 Francesca and have voice and piano lessons outside of uni
03:59 eythian <-- this Orpheus?
04:00 Francesca nope
04:01 Francesca this one
04:01 cdickinson oh, cool
04:02 eythian that is fairly different to Nick Cave
04:02 Francesca lol yeah
04:02 * Francesca doesn't know who nick cave is
04:03 cdickinson November 19, damn, wasn't in town on that day, cause I would have seen it otherwise
04:04 Francesca I only joined this year so I wasn't invloved
04:04 Francesca I was singing with my high schools auditioned choir before that
04:06 cdickinson ah, right
04:07 cdickinson but that is really awesome though, good luck with all that
04:07 Francesca thanks
04:09 cdickinson meanwhile I'll just sit here and get up to speed with Koha and everything haha
04:10 Francesca lol, I'll go and find another website to pretty up
04:14 wizzyrea actually Francesca
04:14 wizzyrea I had a thought
04:14 Francesca ok
04:14 wizzyrea about something in Koha you could look at
04:14 Francesca ok
04:14 wizzyrea 1s
04:14 Francesca hold on
04:15 Francesca gotta start my vm
04:15 wizzyrea bug 11574, he asked for the staff client and I gave him the OPAC (ok, that was dumb of me)
04:15 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11574 normal, P5 - low, ---, liz, Passed QA , Clean up printing of lists in OPAC
04:15 wizzyrea but it might not be terribly hard to do a similar thing for the lists in the intranet
04:15 wizzyrea it's mostly CSS and adding display: none; type things
04:16 wizzyrea to the print.css (and/or creating the print css for that page)
04:16 Francesca hmmm i could fix that
04:16 wizzyrea we'll want to make a new bug, and link it to that one
04:16 Francesca and do a print stylesheet as well
04:16 wizzyrea yeah, exactly
04:16 wizzyrea have a think about it
04:16 wizzyrea or a go, if you're feeling like it
04:17 Francesca I think I could do it
04:17 wizzyrea \o/
04:17 Francesca I've just started my vm up
04:17 wizzyrea you can use what I did on 11574 as an example
04:18 wizzyrea or what mark ended up doing
04:18 francesca_ joined #koha
04:18 * francesca_ waves
04:18 cdickinson for a second I thought your Internet died
04:18 francesca_ got my vm up and running now so I can work on ubuntu
04:18 cdickinson but then you're not on ADSL2+ like I am
04:19 francesca_ yeah well my main operating system is mac os x
04:19 cdickinson :P
04:19 cdickinson I have no preference, really
04:20 cdickinson my main on my PC is Windows because PC games, and have everything else as VMs because dual-booting is a pain
04:20 francesca_ actually dont have a txt editor on here so i might switch back to mac
04:20 wizzyrea gedit?
04:20 wahanui gedit is that like vi
04:21 francesca_ can't zoom in
04:21 cdickinson gedit is the GNOME environment's default text editor
04:21 eythian you probably have a dozen text editors on there
04:21 francesca_ i have brackets on mac
04:21 francesca_ so I can just use that
04:21 cdickinson zooming in? can't you change the DPI on Ubuntu? :P
04:22 wizzyrea pft. be nice.
04:22 eythian you can certainly change the font size in gedit.
04:22 Francesca I'm just blind
04:23 Francesca well nt really
04:23 Francesca just got bad eye sight
04:23 cdickinson gedit can be a little hard to find what you need
04:23 cdickinson in terms of settings
04:25 Francesca so what webpage am I looking at?
04:25 wizzyrea well you'll have to have a running koha, I can possibly show you on the demo though
04:25 Francesca oh
04:26 Francesca I don't have a running koha
04:26 wizzyrea well that's  your step 1 :)
04:26 cdickinson hehe
04:26 wizzyrea Francesca: this will probably look a bit familiar
04:26 wizzyrea
04:27 wizzyrea you'd do that inside your VM
04:27 Francesca yup
04:27 * Francesca goes to start up the vm again
04:28 wizzyrea[…] < when you click "print list" that is the interface he's talking about.
04:29 wizzyrea user: staff pass: staff1
04:29 wizzyrea what I usually do, is print the output to PDF. In Ubuntu, you do that by
04:29 wizzyrea selecting "Print to file" as your printer
04:29 wizzyrea it'll spit out a pdf.
04:30 Francesca yup ok
04:30 Francesca Just switching to my vm now
04:30 wizzyrea yep nw
04:30 francesca_ joined #koha
04:30 francesca_ right can't see all that stuff in here
04:31 * francesca_ switches back to mac for links
04:38 Francesca my internet doesn't appear to work in the vm
04:38 Francesca is it possible to do the stuff on a mac
04:38 cdickinson but francesca_ is online?
04:38 cdickinson or did you make another VM?
04:39 wizzyrea Francesca: you can try doing it with the kohadevbox
04:39 Francesca whats the kohadevbox?
04:39 wahanui i think the kohadevbox is at
04:39 wizzyrea
04:40 wizzyrea note I have no idea if anyone has tried with osx yet.
04:40 eythian it would be terrible
04:41 Francesca the vm is acting up
04:41 wizzyrea yeah just close it out ;)
04:41 eythian You know how it's tricky on redhat? OSX is 1000x worse for getting things installed.
04:41 wizzyrea maybe a job for one day when you can come in
04:41 wizzyrea for a vagrant VM?
04:41 Francesca I can come in anytime
04:41 wizzyrea there's a build for osx :P
04:42 Francesca on midterm break at the moment so free pretty much every day
04:42 wizzyrea ah cool
04:42 Francesca I might look at different vm software
04:42 Francesca virtual box is very slow
04:42 wizzyrea well no, don't do thatl.
04:42 Francesca ok
04:42 eythian virtualbox shouldn't be slow
04:43 wizzyrea we'll get you sorted out :)
04:43 wizzyrea just maybe not over chat.
04:44 Francesca well I'm pretty much free for the next 2 weeks
04:44 Francesca so I can come when it suits you
04:44 wizzyrea hm maybe Friday afternoon?
04:45 Francesca yup
04:45 Francesca thats fine
04:45 wizzyrea cooool
04:45 * Francesca has been distracted by the arrival of a wet kitten
04:45 cdickinson after the bug is fixed, beer o'clock :p
04:46 Francesca cool
04:46 Francesca my cat is now trying to eat the zipper off my jacket
04:48 Francesca wizzyrea: any particular time on friday afternoon?
04:48 Francesca wizzyrea: any time in particular on friday afternoon
04:48 Francesca whoops
04:48 wizzyrea I don't have a preference :)
04:48 Francesca sweet
04:48 wizzyrea I hope for quiet friday afternoons, generally.
04:48 Francesca I'll just stick my head in after lunch maybe
04:48 Francesca don't blame you
04:48 wizzyrea yeah that'd do :)
04:49 Francesca one of my cats has now completely cuddled up inside my raincoat
04:49 cdickinson problem?
04:49 wahanui problem is probably it's human beings doing it. Rebuild your indexes.
04:49 Francesca They're not generally allowed to do that
04:50 Francesca wizzyrea: I've done print styles before so the bug shouldn't be too hard
04:50 wizzyrea sweet :D
04:50 Francesca my raincoat is alive
04:50 wizzyrea naughty kitty.
04:51 cdickinson in this weather, it might be better if it was, active protection from rain x_x
04:51 Francesca I've been putting up lots of photos of the cats on fb recently
04:51 Francesca lol yeah
04:51 Francesca I'm inside however
04:52 Francesca right well I'll see you all on friday
04:53 Francesca cdickinson I look forward to meeting you
04:53 wizzyrea cya :)
04:53 cdickinson Sounds good, me too, see you on Friday :)
04:54 * Francesca waves goodbye
04:59 papa joined #koha
05:00 papa1 joined #koha
05:02 dcook Hmm, maybe it's just me, but HTTP::OAI looks like it might have some changes in Perl 5.20...
05:03 eythian but it isn't core...
05:03 dcook Well, I should say something it relies on seems to have changed
05:04 dcook Hmm, but I don't think that thing is core either
05:04 dcook This OAI harvester was working fine before this upgrade...
05:05 eythian hmm ok
05:05 eythian that surprises me
05:05 eythian does the module pass its tests?
05:05 dcook Which? The one I made or the HTTP::OAI one?
05:05 dcook Well, obviously not mine..
05:05 eythian http::oai
05:05 wahanui it has been said that http::oai is pretty bare bones
05:05 * dcook goes and takes a look
05:06 eythian though, according to the doc it's a stub
05:06 dcook Yeah, HTTP::OAI has an interesting structure..
05:07 dcook Hmm, I don't even know where the tests would be
05:08 dcook I think CPAN is missing a lot of info as well..
05:09 dcook The error I'm getting at the moment is: Can't locate object method "responseDate" via package "HTTP::Headers" at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.20.1/HTTP/ line 644
05:10 dcook Which means either I screwed up somewhere or HTTP::OAI is screwing up somewhere, me thinks
05:10 dcook I think we've upgraded HTTP::OAI versions and that's already thrown up one thing that was my mistake
05:15 dcook Oh man... it looks like HTTP::OAI::Harvester isn't happy with something...
05:16 cdickinson joined #koha
05:16 dcook But when it gets an error it returns a HTTP::Response object rather than a HTTP::OAI::ListRecords object like it's supposed to...
05:21 dcook Actually, maybe it is supposed to return a HTTP::Response object... it's just not documented... and I didn't handle that error properly
05:21 dcook Still shouldn't be making an error in the first place though..
05:25 dcook eythian: might you know which version of HTTP::OAI do the packages use?
05:26 eythian[…]e=all&section=all
05:26 dcook I'll have to double-check but I think Koha's OAI server might not work with HTTP::OAI version 4.03
05:26 dcook Had a feeling it be version 3. Hmm..
05:27 dcook Actually, 3.23 and 3.27 are older than what's on CPAN as well. Interesting..
05:27 eythian well debian doesn't update the versions within a release
05:27 eythian so it probably sat at 3.27 for a while, and it was grabbed by jessie
05:27 dcook With good reason
05:30 * dcook wishes that time grew on tree in his office
05:31 eythian heh
05:32 dcook Yes, HTTP::OAI 4.03 seems to cripple Koha's OAI server
05:33 dcook Lovely :D
05:33 eythian goody
05:33 dcook Let's see how fast I can work up a fix :p
05:33 dcook Error message: Can't call method "start_element" on an undefined value at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.20.1/HTTP/OAI/ line 53.
05:33 dcook O_O
05:33 dcook Well, when you put it like that...
05:36 dcook Hmm, I can do this..
05:40 dcook wth...
05:40 cait joined #koha
05:40 dcook Ahh wait..
05:40 dcook yo cait
05:40 eythian hi cait
05:40 eythian go back to bed
05:40 wahanui[…]9rdlo1_r2_400.gif
05:41 dcook yes, go back to bed... preferably back in time!
05:41 eythian[…]ideo/1063/640.mp4 <-- a GoPro on a sparrow
05:43 dcook What the ever living...
05:43 dcook This module makes no sense :S
05:43 dcook and no documentation...
05:43 * dcook 's brain may explode
05:44 dcook Or rather, the documentation is for the old version
05:45 eythian ug that's annoying
05:45 dcook Profoundly
05:45 dcook The documentation says to use "$r->generate;"
05:45 dcook Unless I'm looking in the wrong spot..
05:45 dcook It seems to expect "$r->generate($driver);" now
05:46 dcook Or rather... requires $driver..
05:46 * dcook has no idea what $driver is supposed to be
05:50 p_vdk joined #koha
05:52 papa joined #koha
05:55 dcook Good call, eythian
05:56 dcook Looks like someone ran the tests for 4.03 and is getting the same error
05:56 eythian ah good
05:56 dcook Although it looks like the test for 4.03 are also not so great either
05:56 eythian that's possibly related to why it's not in Debian then, if it doesn't pass the tests it doesn't build.
05:56 dcook Makes sense
05:56 dcook 3.28 was all right, but 4.03... yeesh
05:59 dcook Actually, it might be that 4.03 is more strict in quite a few cases
05:59 dcook I think that we might have implemented the module incorrectly in some spots
06:01 eythian time for me to go, later
06:02 dcook laters
06:10 dcook Wow... these HTTP::OAI tests are horrible
06:22 magnuse joined #koha
06:23 Viktor joined #koha
06:24 * magnuse waves
06:28 dcook hola magnuse
06:29 paul_p joined #koha
06:39 magnuse hiya dcook
06:43 codavid joined #koha
06:43 codavid left #koha
06:43 dcook @later tell eythian Just ended up downgrading from 4.03 to 3.28 in the end, as 4.03 seems to not at all be production ready...
06:43 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
06:45 sophie_m joined #koha
06:49 dcook Whelp, at least I know that I wasn't the problem :p
06:58 magnuse dcook: HTTP::OAI?
06:58 wahanui HTTP::OAI is pretty bare bones
07:00 dcook magnuse: Yep
07:00 dcook It's a set of modules that are used to create the OAI server
07:00 dcook (Also what I use for the OAI client/harvester which is how I first  noticed problems...)
07:02 dcook Version 4.03 makes things explode :(
07:03 akafred wizzyrea: You wrote "It's worth noting that clearing the cache, cookies, and sessions should be standard procedure after *every* upgrade for every staff interface user." That sounds a bit ... wow. Why?
07:03 dcook akafred: The cache because of cached CSS and Javascript
07:04 dcook It can screw things up for major upgrades
07:04 dcook Of course, that's why some folks append query strings to their CSS and Javascript which is tied to their version to force cache updates...
07:04 * dcook might submit that patch someday
07:04 dcook Similar reasoning for cookies and sessions I'm sure. The structure of each might've changed with the version upgrade, so it makes sense to wipe them with the upgrade
07:04 * dcook retreats back into the shadows
07:06 Jul joined #koha
07:10 ashimema morning
07:11 magnuse kia ora ashimema
07:11 dcook hey ashimema
07:11 wahanui i guess ashimema is on qa now .)
07:11 fridolin joined #koha
07:12 magnuse meeting in slightly less than 12 hours, if i am not mistaken:[…]ting_8_April_2015
07:12 magnuse bonjour fridolin
07:12 fridolin bonjour tout le monde
07:12 dcook salut fridolin
07:12 ashimema I'm all done in on meetings at the minute..
07:12 BobB That will be 5am here magnuse.  I will be an apology.  :)
07:12 ashimema must have spent 9 hours or so on the phone yesterday all in all..
07:13 ashimema too many tc's
07:13 fridolin I just come out from a day at the hospital so I a bit sleepy
07:14 fridolin nothing big, just had a ankle broken
07:16 akafred Hm. Seems mod_expires can be used: debian/templates/apache_shared.conf contains: <IfModule mod_expires.c>ExpiresByType application/javascript "access plus 12 hours"... But that still leaves the cookies.
07:16 akafred fridolin: Ouch!
07:18 dcook fridolin: Hope you're feeling slightly better today!
07:18 fridolin yep
07:18 magnuse fridolin: ouch! hope it mends well!
07:18 fridolin thanks ;)
07:19 ashimema yikes.. hope that heals nice for you
07:19 magnuse ashimema: "tc's"?
07:19 fridolin It was a local anastesia on one leg
07:19 ashimema tc's = 'tele-conferances'
07:19 dcook akafred: Interesting. I don't know if I've encountered that one. I've seen a few cases where things like that aren't always honoured by browsers
07:19 ashimema i.e. telephone meetings
07:20 * dcook needs to head home!
07:20 dcook also to clone myself so one of us can stay at work
07:21 magnuse ashimema: ta
07:21 cait joined #koha
07:21 akafred Requiring users to delete cookies and cache routinely on upgrades is kinda ... harsh.
07:22 dcook Well, it's certainly suboptimal in my books :)
07:22 dcook We usually have to get them to clear their cache on major upgrades though
07:22 dcook Actually, the mod_expires might be problematic when their are proxy servers in the way as well
07:23 dcook We have a few hospitals with some heavy duty cacheing that can be tough to beat without using query strings on the CSS and Javascript...
07:26 dcook I've never seen a problem with not clearing cookies or sessions though I don't think...
07:26 dcook Or nothing too glaring if they did exist
07:26 akafred ... which is why one usually use the cache-control-header along side the expiry header.
07:27 * dcook shrugs
07:27 dcook I call 'em like I see 'em :p
07:28 dcook Anyway, I'm off
07:28 dcook night all
07:28 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
08:11 Viktor joined #koha
08:22 Joubu Could we get a signoff on bug 13936 please? It's a critical and a patch is sent for 1 week now
08:22 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13936 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Fix patrons search on using the checkout tab
08:23 nlegrand Hey #koha
08:24 cait hi nlegrand
08:24 cait yeah in general - some bugs need sign off people!
08:24 cait and the one joubu points out is a good start - bug 13936
08:25 nlegrand :)
08:25 nlegrand I'm ok to try it
08:25 cait :)
08:25 Joubu it's really easy to test and confirm the issue :)
08:26 nlegrand Joubu: ho that's a bit why I proposed to do it ^^
08:26 cait nlegrand: it's a good tactics - grab the easy ones before someone else does ;)
08:30 nlegrand ^^
08:30 nlegrand cait: shhhhhhh
08:30 nlegrand Joubu: done :)
08:30 Joubu nlegrand: thanks!
08:31 Joubu nlegrand: you forgot your signoff line
08:31 Joubu signoff-by
08:31 nlegrand oups
08:33 cait nlegrand: i have another easy one
08:33 nlegrand Joubu: it should be better now
08:33 nlegrand cait: :) ok
08:33 Joubu yep!
08:33 cait bug 13957
08:33 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13957 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Patron autocomplete shows NULL in list of results
08:33 cait same area
08:33 cait kind of - just the circulation tab this time :)
08:43 wicope joined #koha
08:47 kivilahtio joined #koha
08:50 Viktor joined #koha
08:56 magnuse nlegrand++
09:12 nlegrand joined #koha
09:15 cait any ideas why my overdue notice wouldn't print?
09:15 cait ooh, got an idea
09:17 cait hm that's didn't fix it :(
09:17 cait I have an overdue item - due date yesterday, my notice trigger is set to 1 as delay... no holidays in the calendar, running the overdues script with -t
09:22 Joubu cait: a print notice?
09:23 Joubu no error? try with the verbose flag
09:25 cait i think it might be because email was not checked - in the triggers
09:26 cait it works on our other installations, just my test installation is stubborn
09:26 Joubu cait: you have to check at least 1 mtt
09:28 nlegrand joined #koha
09:28 nlegrand re
09:28 cait yep i think that was the problem, cross fingers :)
09:28 cait nlegrand++ :)
09:28 Callender joined #koha
09:29 nlegrand :)
09:29 nlegrand I messed around some more with bug 13957 but it's signed off ^^
09:29 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13957 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Patron autocomplete shows NULL in list of results
09:30 cait Joubu: that was exactly the problem- finally got my overdue notice out :)
09:51 khall joined #koha
10:52 Viktor joined #koha
10:59 khall mornin all!
11:18 magnuse kia ora khall
11:18 khall mornin magnuse!
11:18 Callender joined #koha
11:41 andreashm joined #koha
11:42 Viktor_away joined #koha
11:53 Viktor_away joined #koha
11:57 mario joined #koha
11:57 mario Morning khall
11:58 khall mornin!
12:02 mario morning barton
12:03 barton morning mario!
12:13 tcohen joined #koha
12:15 tcohen morning #koha
12:16 tcohen cait: maybe something that uses then
12:29 cait tcohen: huh?
12:32 tcohen about SMTH authentication
12:32 tcohen P
12:32 tcohen :P
12:35 cait not sure i get it :) but you can probably forget about my later too
12:35 cait it was just something i fell over reseraching
12:35 Viktor_away joined #koha
12:46 paul_p joined #koha
12:50 tcohen morning paul_p
12:50 paul_p hi tcohen (& others)
12:56 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:02 JoshB joined #koha
13:13 talljoy joined #koha
13:14 carmen joined #koha
13:22 drojf joined #koha
13:23 drojf hi #koha
13:25 tcohen hi drojf
13:27 drojf hi tcohen. still quiet around here?
13:27 tcohen yup, it seems
13:29 drojf there is a meeting today, right?
13:29 drojf ah found it[…]ting_8_April_2015
13:31 cma joined #koha
13:34 tcohen is julian fiol around?
13:34 tcohen Jul?
13:35 Jul tcohen : Yes ?
13:36 tcohen i commented on bug 13940
13:36 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13940 trivial, P5 - low, ---, julian.fiol, Failed QA , Testing C4::OAI::Sets
13:36 * cait waves at drojf
13:37 tcohen tiny and simple fixes needed
13:37 drojf hi cait :)
13:37 tcohen Jul: ok?
13:38 Jul tcohen : Ok thanks, i'm coming to see that
13:38 tcohen just add a followup with (QA followup) on the subject, i'll sign and push it
13:41 tcohen Joubu: bug 13497
13:41 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13497 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , The pref AddPatronLists should be removed
13:42 Joubu tcohen: yep?
13:42 wahanui yep.
13:42 tcohen what are we breaking?
13:44 Joubu hum?
13:44 Joubu I hope nothing :)
13:57 fridolin Does someone use "Keyword to MARC mapping" to customize ?*
13:57 fridolin Could we consider it is obsolete ?
14:01 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13879: Fix sort on patron search (guarantor and linked to orders) <[…]9adfa18559de03a21> / Bug 13923: The prefetch used on existing constraint <[…]79cfc6327a3c3d420> / Bug 13850: Fix typo in C4::Ris <[…]?p=koha.git;a=com
14:05 alex_a joined #koha
14:08 rsz joined #koha
14:12 tcohen khall: could you please attach a patch with fixed pod for the sysprefs package bug? need to calm mtompset down
14:12 khall absolutely!
14:12 tcohen i mean, have a constructive exchange on the bug instead of grumpy comments
14:12 tcohen i'm sorry for that
14:12 khall np! I should have caught that
14:15 chris_n khall++ # for getting the ball rolling
14:15 tcohen khall++
14:16 cait fridolin: it's still in use - the keyword supported is SUBTITLE i think
14:16 cait fridolin: it should be in quite a few places in the code
14:20 fridolin thanks cait
14:20 fridolin cant we replace this by a classic "Koha to marc mapping" ?
14:26 khall for what it's worth, I have no problem changing the namespace of Koha::SysPref. I just hope we can agree on something without *too* much debate ; )
14:27 khall I think Koha::Config::SysPrefs seems just fine.
14:29 rsz joined #koha
14:31 rsz joined #koha
14:31 cait fridolin: not really - it's a display thing that is framework specific
14:31 cait fridolin: why do you want to kill it?
14:32 cait khall: koha::Admin::Sysprefs maybe?
14:32 cait ignore capitalization
14:32 khall ahh! More choices! ; )
14:32 cait administration?
14:32 cait i haven't read the bug mail today yet, so not sure what i am getting myself into :)
14:33 talljoy1 joined #koha
14:35 rocio joined #koha
14:36 rsz joined #koha
14:36 khall
14:39 tcohen call for dev meeting?
14:40 Joubu khall: imo Koha::Config::SysPrefs is perfect
14:41 khall yeah, I like it
14:41 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7561: Redirect to the add items form if it's a fast cataloging <[…]36931d96dfabcce4d> / ug 7561: Fast cataloging - Allow add/edit items and delete record <[…]41b06bdfa635b1f07> / Bug 8246: Allow deleting record if no more items <http://git.koha-community
14:43 talljoy1 joined #koha
14:47 * tcohen likes 7561!
14:56 cait bug 7561
14:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7561 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , cannot fast catalog with fast cataloging permissions
14:56 TGoat joined #koha
15:05 cbrannon joined #koha
15:10 chris_n bug 13967
15:10 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13967 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , System preferences need a package
15:12 * chris_n doesn't really care what its call so long as it works better than what is currently in place ;-)
15:13 drojf joined #koha
15:13 Joubu tcohen: maybe bug 9978 would be a good candidate for 3.20
15:13 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9978 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Update GNU licenses header in Koha files from GPL2 to GPL3
15:14 tcohen sure!
15:16 TGoat Koha .. if anyone sees that druthb_away has entered the room and can remember will you please ask her to contact Todd @ ByWater @ 775-335-7940. I'd really appreciate it :D I'll create another @later for her. Thank you!
15:17 tcohen I'd also like the Koha::Version patch
15:17 cait TGoat: maybe try emailing her if you haven't yet?
15:17 TGoat @later tell druthb druthb_away .. Please contact Todd Goatley-Seals @ ByWater. Call 775-335-7940. Thanks!
15:17 huginn` TGoat: The operation succeeded.
15:18 cait in order to get her laters she needs to say something in channel
15:18 TGoat I like huggin better :D
15:18 cait just logging in probably won't do it
15:21 * chris_n goes off on a transient sign-off tangent
15:23 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11239 - show hour of due date in history circulation <[…]fed2d34d148d9ffd3> / Bug 13882: Tidy t/Borrower.t to fix whitespace errors <[…]42faa6fffcbdbeeee> / Bug 13882 : Adding new unit tests in t/Borrower.t <
15:32 cait bug 13919 - would be good to get a sign off
15:32 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13919 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Renewal possible with item level hold on item
15:46 fridolin left #koha
16:02 rsz joined #koha
16:11 cait left #koha
16:40 cait joined #koha
16:56 mario joined #koha
17:07 ColinC joined #koha
17:08 ColinC left #koha
17:12 rsz_ joined #koha
17:36 chris_n` joined #koha
17:38 thd-away` joined #koha
18:03 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13896: (QA followup) fix koha-{stop|restart}-zebra too <[…]e113bacb779b9f91d> / Bug 13875: Columns configuration - Allow underscore in table name <[…]2ae8faaf8fcfe6654> / Bug 13864: Fix height for Colvis entries <
18:09 ribasushi joined #koha
18:38 tcohen is there any unimarc people around?
18:39 thd tcohen: What do you need to know about UNIMARC?
18:39 tcohen i'm looking at bug 13912
18:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13912 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , System preference for default place of publication (country code) for field 008, range 15-17
18:39 tcohen i don't like the solution
18:39 tcohen and I know "we've done that before" (i.e. for language positions)
18:41 tcohen i'd like a dialect-gnostic solution
18:41 tcohen so I was thinking of propsing it be done framework-wise
18:41 thd tcohen: How would you prefer a default country code be specified?
18:42 tcohen for example, adding more options when editing a framework
18:42 tcohen we currently have fw code (e.g. BKS) and description (e.g. Books, Booklets, Workbooks)
18:42 thd tcohen: Do you mean via a plugin specified by the framework?
18:42 tcohen we could have some stuff that is shared between dialects
18:43 tcohen like default main language, default country, etc
18:43 thd tcohen: What do you mean by "shared between dialects"?
18:43 tcohen heh
18:43 thd tcohen: Do you mean shared between MARC21, UNIMARC, etc.?
18:44 tcohen if unimarc has a fixed position on some field that correlates to 008 15-17
18:44 cait hm not sure about per framework
18:44 tcohen then have a more general "default country"ç
18:44 tcohen framework-wise :-P
18:45 tcohen ideas?
18:45 wahanui ideas are good :)
18:45 thd tcohen: There is no provision within the Koha MARC frameworks to specify a default value for anything.
18:45 tcohen cait: people cataloguing student thesis might want german as default, and english for book
18:45 tcohen thd: i know
18:45 cait hm we have a default value
18:46 cait in the frameworks
18:46 cait woudl that work here?
18:46 cait did we try?
18:46 tcohen thd: i'm thinking if we could easily extend it
18:46 * thd now understands what tcohen wants.
18:46 tcohen cait: don't know what you're talking about
18:46 cait you can set subfields and also control fields to a defualt value in the framework
18:47 tcohen thd: idiomatic issues, as usual :-D
18:47 cait i wonder why we need the pref - maybe the plugin is interfering?
18:47 cait or it's not needed?
18:47 cait i am not sure i understand, i better try to sort my brain before the meeting
18:47 tcohen cait: it works for subfields
18:48 thd Koha MARC frameworks can currently specify plugins and value lists.
18:48 tcohen but we are talking about fixed lenght fields
18:48 cait i have done that too
18:48 cait i think
18:48 tcohen cait: don't hack your own koha to do nasty things
18:49 tcohen thd: does it make any sense?
18:50 tcohen i'm not sure how much would be shared between dialects
18:50 thd tcohen: A framework specific plugin could be modified to use default values contextually.  A new column might be needed to specify the default value for the framework.
18:50 * cait didn't hack anything
18:50 tcohen thd: that's what I was thinking
18:50 cait i think i am missign something here
18:50 tcohen cait: you put a default value for all your positions
18:50 cait what do we want to do that is currently not possible?
18:51 tcohen cait: bug 13912
18:51 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13912 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Passed QA , System preference for default place of publication (country code) for field 008, range 15-17
18:51 tcohen we already have DefaultLanguageField008
18:52 tcohen my fear is that if we accept this kind of features we would leave unimarc behind
18:52 tcohen feature-wise
18:53 tcohen like it happened with the XSLT funtionalities
18:53 tcohen (at some point)
18:53 barton_tablet joined #koha
18:53 thd A solution using existing features might be to populate some value lists and have a Koha MARC framework specified plugin use an appropriate value list with containing one element or an ordered set with a default.
18:54 wnickc joined #koha
18:54 ColinC joined #koha
18:55 thd tcohen: Certainly features should be created in MARC semantics [Koha marcflavor] agnostic manner.
18:55 Joubu (or put $("#f15-17").val("XXX"); into the js pref ...)
18:55 barton joined #koha
18:56 tcohen Joubu: librarians don't (usually, there are exceptions) have your super powers
18:56 cait hm ok, can't send email, can't get records from z39.50... after people changed security settings
18:56 tcohen .-P
18:56 thd Joubu: Certainly, however, modifying the plugin directly would be less accessible to non-programmer cataloguers.
18:56 tcohen ^^^ that
18:56 tcohen heh
18:56 cait i like Joubu's
18:57 Joubu thd: not in the plugin, in the js pref
18:57 cait and we have a jquery library :)
18:57 Joubu thd: a tip could be added to the wiki
18:58 Joubu it's not a good solution, I know. But better than a pref per subdivision of the 008 field...
18:58 thd Joubu: Is there a form to control input and prevent breaking the JavaScript preference?
18:59 tcohen maybe we should re-engineer the plugins, so they expose their fixed lenght fields to the fw edit tool
18:59 Joubu there are no check on prefs
18:59 thd We should teach all Koha cataloguers to code and all Koha programmer's to catalogue :)
19:00 Joubu and what about add the support of regex in the fw default values?
19:00 Joubu Certainly quite tricky...
19:00 cait i think we should have the meeting? :)
19:00 thd Is there a meeting now?
19:01 cait[…]ting_8_April_2015
19:01 Joubu default value for 008 would be "?????? xxu???????eng"
19:01 cait unless my calculations are wrong... wouldn't be the first time
19:01 Joubu I get a lot of silly idea tonight
19:01 cait no reminder on the mailing list - we miss oleonard
19:01 cait maybe someone could send a quick note now?
19:02 thd I checked for a reminder last time and thus did not send my own but forgot to look this time.
19:02 cait so... meeting? now? :)
19:03 barton_tablet joined #koha
19:03 thd cait: The mailing list is moderated somewhat.  There are no quick reminders to the mailing list unless you have the attention of a moderator.
19:03 cait hm in my experience it's pretty fast
19:03 cait i think only moderated if not subscribed
19:04 tcohen Joubu: we need to talk to users to come up with the best ideas me think
19:04 Teejay joined #koha
19:04 cait anyway
19:04 cait we should begin?
19:04 Teejay #info Tunji Adepeju Projektlink Konsult, Nigeria
19:04 cait Teejay: one sec please :)
19:04 thd Hmmm, cait maybe you should send a reminder if your posts appear in real time.
19:05 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 8 April 2015
19:05 huginn` Meeting started Wed Apr  8 19:05:19 2015 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
19:05 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
19:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:05 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_8_april_2015'
19:05 barton joined #koha
19:05 thd Teejay: someone needs to issue the startmeeting command.
19:05 cait #introductions
19:05 cait ah sorry
19:05 cait #topic Introductions
19:05 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
19:05 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:05 cait please introduce yourself with #info
19:05 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
19:05 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
19:05 slef #info MJ Ray,, England
19:05 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
19:06 ColinC #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
19:06 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
19:06 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany, almost asleep
19:06 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [nolonger freezing]
19:06 JesseM #info Jesse Maseto ByWater Solutions
19:06 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre
19:06 akafred #info Kjetil "Fred" JD, OPL, Norway
19:07 cait drojf: it's only 9!
19:07 Teejay #info Tunji Adepeju Projektlink Konsult, Nigeria
19:07 magnuse #info Magnus Enger. Libriotech. Norway
19:07 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville, KY, USA
19:07 drojf cait: that does not help :D
19:07 larryb joined #koha
19:08 larryb #info Larry Baerveldt, ByWater Solutions
19:08 cait ok :)
19:08 cait changing topic
19:08 tcohen agenda?
19:08 wahanui agenda is a wiki
19:09 cait #link[…]ting_8_April_2015
19:09 cait #topic Announcements
19:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:09 * barton is getting visited randomly by the reboot fairy. If I disappear, it is because he/she/it is having fun at my expense.
19:10 khall I've got a couple announcements
19:10 cait :)
19:10 khall First, Brendan wanted me to extend his apologies to everyone for not being able to be here today. He's out sick.
19:11 cait oh, hope he feels better soon
19:11 tcohen oh
19:11 magnuse get well soon, bag!
19:11 khall The second one is that I started a gofundme to help out Tomas:
19:12 khall This was done without his prior consent or knowlege ; )
19:12 khall If anyone can chip in, I'm sure it would be appriciated!
19:12 cait khall++
19:13 tcohen i love you folks, i'm still crying at the office, embarrased
19:13 cait something else? :)
19:13 khall I just let him know a few minutes ago, I didn't want to surprise him *that* much
19:13 magnuse khall++
19:14 tcohen thanks guys
19:14 khall Many of us ByWater folks have already chipped in. Thanks to everyone who's donated so far!
19:14 talljoy :-D we love you tcohen
19:15 cait we do :)
19:15 cait i should do infos, bad chair
19:15 cait #info khall started a gofundme to help Tomas buy a new laptop:
19:16 cait #info apologies from bag for not being able to attend
19:16 cait moving on?
19:16 cait #topic Updates on releases
19:16 Topic for #koha is now Updates on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:16 cait i notice i put my proposal in the wrong line :)
19:17 * cait fixes that
19:17 cait something 3.16 or 3.18?
19:17 barton joined #koha
19:17 cait i think our release maintainers are not here for those 2?
19:17 tcohen 3.20 is in good shape so far, I expect to resume pushing features and enhancements tomorrow
19:18 magnuse tcohen++
19:18 tcohen i'm calling for a dev meeting next wednesday
19:18 cait tcohen++
19:18 tcohen to make a couple decisions
19:18 cait 15th?
19:18 wahanui hmmm... 15th is your fault...
19:18 cait #info 3.20 is in good shape, tcohen is going to push more patches tomorrow
19:18 tcohen and also coordinate efforts towards making important stuff in in time
19:19 Joubu tcohen: Did you create the wiki page yet?
19:19 Joubu with the topics you want to discuss
19:19 tcohen no, I'm doing it on the Trello
19:19 cait can i info a date and time? :)
19:19 akafred ... and a trello link
19:19 tcohen it would be a two sessions meeting
19:20 tcohen i haven't put things there yet :-D
19:20 tcohen here goes the link
19:20 tcohen
19:22 cait #info Developer meeting, Wednesday, 15 April
19:23 rangi only sorta here
19:23 rangi dealing with kids
19:23 tcohen will update the wiki for the email list announcement
19:23 tcohen hi rangi
19:23 davidnind joined #koha
19:23 cait ok
19:23 rangi nothing much to report about 3.18, 3.18.6 is shaping up fine, quite a few good fixes in it, string freeze on the 15th as normal
19:23 cait #action tcohen will update the wiki about the dev meeting
19:24 cait rangi++
19:24 tcohen rangi++
19:24 cait tcohen++
19:24 khall rangi++
19:24 cait ok, I have 2 things
19:24 cait one of the 'bottlenecks' in qa are the sip related patches
19:25 cait to improve the situation a bit, I suggest that can ColinC can also pass QA on SIP related patches
19:25 cait he has been QA manager in the past - i think he knows what to do :)
19:25 tcohen if he's not around, it is the right time to make this decision
19:25 akafred :)
19:26 talljoy heh
19:26 khall lol
19:26 rangi we can decide that if he wants to we are ok with it
19:26 cait it's ok with him- he said :)
19:26 ColinC I'm ok with it
19:26 akafred ColinC++
19:26 cait ColinC++
19:26 tcohen ColinC++
19:26 cait thx a lot :)
19:26 khall ColinC++
19:26 cait khall: I DID check with him before ;)
19:26 talljoy ColinC++
19:26 cait hehe
19:27 khall do first, permission later, that's my motto
19:27 magnuse ColinC++
19:27 cait heh
19:27 cait so i think we can have that as agreed? :)
19:27 thd What are the times of the devel meeting on the 15th?
19:27 cait or does someone insist on a formal vote?
19:28 tcohen thd: 15 UTC and 22 UTC as usual
19:28 Joubu That's a good thing, I think only khall knows the SIP code in the QAers...
19:28 tcohen unless this time works for kiwis
19:29 rangi yeah the 22UTC one is ok
19:29 cait #ageed ColinC is now able to Pass QA on SIP related patches - thx ColinC!
19:29 tcohen =D
19:29 * rangi is out again
19:30 cait #info Times for the Dev meeting are 15 and 22 UTC
19:30 cait moving on?
19:30 Joubu still in the announcements?
19:30 cait nope update on releases
19:30 Joubu I submited quite a few bugfixes for old bugs (#<7000) last week.
19:30 cait aaaah thx Joubu
19:30 Joubu Most of them are trivial to test/qa. It could be very good to see them ready for 3.20
19:31 Joubu this is related to release, isn't it?
19:31 cait yep
19:31 cait actually that was kind of my second thing :)
19:31 barton joined #koha
19:31 cait #info Lots of bugfixes for old bugs <#7000 are waiting for sign off - please help get them into 3.20
19:32 cait Joubu++
19:32 tcohen Joubu++
19:32 cait it's awesome to see those old one finally bite the dust
19:32 Viktor_away joined #koha
19:32 tcohen should we have a saved search for those?
19:32 cait in general the 'needs sign off' queue has grown quite a bit again since marseille
19:32 cait we had it down to about 100
19:32 magnuse Joubu++
19:32 cait and we are up to almost 170 again
19:32 magnuse i think it was at 99, briefly
19:32 cait 47 bug fixes
19:33 Joubu I think you can filter by NSO + not enh and not ft + author=me
19:33 tcohen good
19:33 magnuse would a bug squashing day motivate anyone?
19:33 cait please make time
19:33 cait one bug a day.. or every other day... that would help a lot
19:33 andreashm joined #koha
19:33 cait actually.. that's my third thing :)
19:34 tcohen magnuse: please :-D
19:34 cait we are going to have a "QA sprint" or "QA day" friday next week - 17 April
19:34 cait I am going to send an email to the mailing list
19:34 cait so the mission for that is... fill up our queue!
19:34 cait well... our mission is to empty it out, but I hope for many sign offs before :)
19:35 cait #info The QA team is going to have a 'QA sprint/QA day' on April 17 - mailing list email coming soon
19:35 cait #action cait to send an email to the mailing list about the QA event
19:35 cait magnuse: gbsd?
19:35 wahanui i heard gbsd was Global Bug Squashing Day -[…]bug_squashing_day
19:36 magnuse i can organize a gbsd if people want - but should it be before or after the qa sprint?
19:37 Joubu before
19:37 tcohen magnuse: next monday?
19:37 cait hmm not sure, maybe before?
19:37 tcohen so we fill their queue
19:37 magnuse monday 13th?
19:37 khall if that's enough time I say go for it!
19:38 Joubu bugfixes in the NSO queue is[…]eeds%20Signoff%20[bugs]&query_format=advanced&v​1=enhancement&v2=new%20feature
19:38 magnuse ok, i'll announce it tomorrow
19:38 Joubu sorry for the ugly link...
19:39 cait #info bug fixes that need sign off[…]eeds%20Signoff%20[bugs]&query_format=advanced&v​1=enhancement&v2=new%20feature
19:39 cait wonder if the minutes will explode now :)
19:39 cait can in #info the gbsd?
19:39 khall heh
19:39 magnuse feel free :-)
19:40 cait #info GBSD on Monday April 13
19:40 cait ok,moving on to nominations?
19:40 tcohen yup
19:41 cait #topic Nominations for 3.22
19:41 Topic for #koha is now Nominations for 3.22 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:42 cait #link[…]ki/Roles_for_3.22
19:42 cait elections are going to be held at the next regular meeting i think - may
19:43 cait lots of people have already signed up, thx everyone!
19:43 thd I am about to add a reordered version of my previous revised proposal for wiki curator,[…]20_Thomas_Dukleth .
19:43 tcohen yeah, thanks everyone
19:44 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13939: ILS-DI function GetServices doesn't work when the item/biblio is available... <[…]667fb489bea6343f9> / Bug 13800 - Diacritics not mapped <[…]b465467cffd032169> / Bug 6950: Hide the resort option when searching for a tag <http://git.koha-community.
19:44 cait we are missing a translation manager currently, rmaint 3.16 and RM
19:44 cait ssh huginn
19:45 thd One wiki issue for an immutable category assignment is stumping me and I will ask about it on the mailing lists.
19:46 tcohen I need to leave, sorry for that
19:46 cait but i think we will find volunteers to fill those roles
19:46 tcohen will read the logs!
19:46 tcohen and thanks, everyone
19:46 cait #info release team shaping up - still looking for translation manager, rmaint 3.16 and RM
19:47 cait anything else here?
19:48 cait #topic KohaCon15
19:48 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:48 cait Teejay: still around?
19:48 Teejay Yes
19:49 Teejay We are expecting response to Call for Papers
19:49 cait #info Call for papers - http://kohacon15.projektlinkko[…]/call-for-papers/
19:50 Teejay Nigerian Librarians are already registering for the conference
19:50 talljoy yay!!
19:50 cait :)
19:51 Teejay Early registration by International participants will allow for Visa processing
19:51 cdickinson joined #koha
19:52 cait Teejay: do you know how long the visa process usually takes?
19:52 Teejay Say about a month
19:53 cait #info international participants should register early to allow for enough time for visa processing
19:53 cait anything else  should add to the meeting logs?
19:54 Teejay Other arrangements are progressing
19:55 cait thx for giving us an update :)
19:55 cait moving on?
19:55 Teejay Thank you so much
19:56 cma joined #koha
19:56 cait #topic KohaCon16
19:56 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon16 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:56 cait drojf: ?
19:56 cait actually not sure - i thought we had set dates
19:56 cait does someone have a link?
19:56 cait date for proposals i mean
19:57 cait #info from last meeting's logs: AGREED: solicit     Kohacon16 bids in April, with voting in September (slef,     10:43:22)
19:57 thd They were in the last meeting.
19:57 cait not sure solicit = stat?
19:57 cait start
19:58 thd I intend to create a page and put a call on the mailing list at the beginning of the week.
19:58 cait thx thx
19:58 cait thx thd
19:58 cait #action thd to put a call for bids on the mailing list at the beginning of next week
19:59 cait next topic?
19:59 wahanui i heard next topic was a tricky one...
19:59 cait #topic Next steps in Fundraising
19:59 Topic for #koha is now Next steps in Fundraising (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
19:59 cait is someone here to talk about the progress on this?
20:00 talljoy khall?
20:00 wahanui khall is volunteering to come over and fix it for you, it seems. ;)
20:00 khall lol
20:00 khall I know that there have been 4 volunteers
20:01 cait #link
20:01 khall Brendan believe this is enough to get things moving and he's glad to have everyone on board!
20:02 cait #info we got 4 volunteers!
20:02 magnuse yay!
20:03 cait khall: do you know of the mou signing has been done?
20:03 khall I'm afraid I'm not aware of that one way or the other
20:03 cait np :)
20:03 cait moving on?
20:04 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
20:04 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
20:04 khall If everyone approves of the names on the list, bag will tall for a meeting next week to get the committee moving forward
20:04 cait I see on the logs from last meeting:
20:04 cait mtj and slef to backport bug 12954 if no-one does it faster
20:04 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12954 is not accessible.
20:05 cait someone to fix typo on
20:05 cait first hasn't been done yet, but rmaints might hold it until shortly before release, not sure
20:05 khall cait: would a vote of approval be appropriate?
20:05 cait the second... i don't remember what it was about
20:06 cait khall: ah sorry, we can switch the topic back in a moment
20:06 khall np!
20:06 cait does someone remember the typo? :)
20:07 cait ok
20:07 cait we will just consider it done i guess :)
20:07 cait #Topic Next steps in Fundraising
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Next steps in Fundraising (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
20:07 davidnind http://meetings.koha-community[…]11-10.02.log.html 10:15:53
20:07 Joubu cait: I think it was a typo on the bug number 12954
20:07 cait quick survey - do people agree to have a vote?
20:07 Joubu it seems to be fixed
20:08 cait thx Joubu
20:08 davidnind this has been fixed
20:08 cait khall: is this just general agreement to the names listed so far?
20:08 khall yes
20:08 cait any veto on having a vote?
20:08 cait and does someone remember the command? :)
20:08 cait thx davidnind :)
20:09 cait i found it
20:10 cait #startvote vote yes if you agree with the list of names for the fund committee as listed on the wiki page, please.
20:10 huginn` Unable to parse vote topic and options.
20:10 cait hmm
20:10 cait maybe needs to be a question?
20:11 cait #startvote Do you agree to the list of names for the fund committee as listed on the wiki page?
20:11 huginn` Begin voting on: Do you agree to the list of names for the fund committee as listed on the wiki page? Valid vote options are Yes, No.
20:11 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:11 cait not sure i phrased that well, hope you all know what i meant
20:11 talljoy #vote Yes
20:11 khall #vote Yes
20:11 ColinC #vote Yes
20:11 akafred #vote yes
20:12 magnuse #vote Yes
20:12 Joubu #vote yes
20:12 thd #vote Yes
20:12 davidnind #vote Yes
20:13 magnuse and the names are: Brendan Gallagher, Galen Charlton, Bob Birchall, Romana Franziska Wallner  - unless i am mistaken?
20:13 cait #vote yes
20:13 cait thx magnuse, yes
20:13 cait getting a bit late here :)
20:13 cait #info the listed names at this point are: Brendan Gallagher, Galen Charlton, Bob Birchall, Romana Franziska Wallner
20:14 hankbank joined #koha
20:15 cait #endvote
20:15 huginn` Voted on "Do you agree to the list of names for the fund committee as listed on the wiki page?" Results are
20:15 cait hm
20:15 * cait glares at huginn
20:15 cait i count 9
20:15 davidnind #showvote
20:15 gmcharlt @quote random
20:15 huginn` gmcharlt: Quote #92: "<schuster> Why even learn when there is a genius in the room..." (added by jwagner at 01:43 PM, August 27, 2010)
20:15 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
20:15 cait hm he is alive
20:16 cait #agreed 9 votes yes - no other votes
20:16 cait hm
20:16 cait #agreed We agree on the list of names with 9 votes yes - no 'no' or other votes
20:17 cait #topic Set time for next meeting
20:17 Topic for #koha is now Set time for next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 8 April 2015)
20:17 cait may 6th?
20:17 cait that would be a wednesday again
20:18 Joubu yep
20:18 thd Would that be 10 UTC?
20:18 cait i am not sure
20:18 Joubu yep
20:18 Joubu 18 March 2015 was at 10:00 UTC
20:18 cait ok
20:19 thd I disfavour late afternoon or evening times for the first Wednesday of the month.
20:19 cait Please indicate if this time and date are ok for you: Wednesday, May 6th - 10 UTC
20:19 cait thd: not sure what time that is for you -- do you disfavour the suggestion?
20:19 thd I favour the suggestion.
20:20 cait ok
20:20 cait i think everyone has fallen asleep by now :)
20:20 talljoy not i
20:20 thd 10 UTC is early for me but that is fine.
20:20 davidnind fine with me[…]g&iso=20150506T10
20:20 khall lol
20:20 cait #agreed next meeting is going to be Wednesday, May 6th - 10 UTC
20:20 cait thx everyone!
20:20 cait #endmeeting
20:20 Topic for #koha is now Nominations for 3.22-roles are open:[…]ki/Roles_for_3.22 | Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
20:20 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Apr  8 20:20:49 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:20 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-08-19.05.html
20:20 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-04-08-19.05.txt
20:20 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]08-19.05.log.html
20:20 Joubu thanks cait
20:21 ColinC thx
20:21 cait thx all for attending
20:21 * Joubu is going to eat...
20:21 davidnind cait++
20:21 thd magnuse: are you still here?
20:21 cait and for helping me out here and there :)
20:21 Teejay Good nite
20:21 magnuse thd: barely :-)
20:21 magnuse cait++
20:21 ColinC left #koha
20:22 magnuse and don't forget
20:22 thd magnuse: You may have some special insight about the following MediaWiki syntax.
20:22 khall thanks to everyone who's donated so far! You all rock!
20:23 magnuse community++
20:23 thd magnuse: [[Category:whatever parentcategory|{{PAGENAME}}]]
20:24 * khall has to run! later all!
20:24 magnuse thd: what are you trying to do there?
20:24 larryb left #koha
20:24 thd magnuse: Do you know what the purpose of the use of the MediaWiki magic word 'PAGENAME' would have?
20:24 davidnind left #koha
20:24 thd magnuse: I am merely trying to understand what you were trying to do in when you used such syntax in 2010.
20:24 magnuse thd: if i recall correctly, that would be substituted with the name of the current page
20:25 magnuse thd: lol. i did that?
20:25 thd magnuse: Yes that seems reasonable.
20:25 magnuse got an example? where did i use it?
20:26 thd magnuse: Yes, the problem which I have been trying to solve is that all IRC meeting pages in the wiki have the category 'IRC meeting' applied mysteriously.
20:26 thd fetching example
20:28 cait hm i think not mysteriously
20:29 cait or not sure, thought it was one of the categories
20:30 thd magnuse:[…]iff=1048&oldid=23
20:30 cait hm could that happen by listing them on the page automatically?
20:30 cait like a backlink?
20:31 cait actually,... i should sleep instead :)
20:31 thd cait: Yes, certainly one of the categories.  The mysterious part is that the category has been applied to the page automatically without there being any evidence of automatic invocation in the pages themselves.
20:31 cait hm i think i used to set that - by checking it
20:32 cait so i might have done it manually, not sure about an automatism
20:32 thd cait: Yes, but checking it is redundant with the mysterious automated assignment.
20:32 magnuse yeah, i would think it was done manually
20:32 magnuse sorry goota put kiddo to bed
20:32 cait is a page with that title
20:33 thd You can remove all categories from a page and disable the CategorySelect extension or examine the source without a login and yet the mysterious assignment persists.
20:34 thd cait: Maybe you have found the problem.
20:34 thd Thanks cait
20:35 thd I will try toggling the categories in the page to see if the namespace difference between wiki pages and categories is not being respected.
20:55 wizzyrea hi
20:55 wizzyrea hi
20:58 cait hi wizzyrea
20:59 wizzyrea was there something on the website that needed fixing?
20:59 cait from the meeting?
20:59 wizzyrea yeah
20:59 cait i think it was a typo that got fixed
20:59 thd cait: You found the solution.  The namespace distinction between wiki pages and categories with the same name is not being respected for category assignment to wiki pages as interpreted by Category Breadcrumb and possibly other aspects of our wiki installation.
20:59 wizzyrea just saw something about a typo
20:59 wizzyrea I am glad you understand what you just said there, thd.
21:00 thd cait+++
21:00 cait i don't understand either, but glad you found out what you needed to know :)
21:02 thd Hmm, the explanation might actually be different on closer examination.
21:05 thd wizzyrea: In the Koha MediaWiki installation, if you create a wiki page with a particular name and a category with exactly the same name, any pages linked from the wiki page with the name have the category applied to them automatically.
21:06 thd wizzyrea: The problem is that if the category is then applied manually to the affected wiki pages, the category is redundantly repeated.
21:08 thd I will try renaming the wiki page sharing the same name as the category as a workaround for the time being.
21:09 thd The page rename will entail a link from the old name.
21:14 thd Actually, changing capitalisation should be enough for a workaround.
21:16 wizzyrea Ah.
21:17 thd wizzyrea: I had wondered about the issue for years without spending enough time to address it properly.
21:19 thd wizzyrea: I had discovered why everything else appears incorrect in navigation but this had me stumped until cait noticed the commonality of wiki page and category names.
21:23 wnickc joined #koha
21:27 edveal joined #koha
21:33 wizzyrea aha, well glad you got that sorted then :)
21:37 cait night
21:37 cait left #koha
21:39 wizzyrea gnite cait
22:32 cdickinson joined #koha
22:36 eythian hi
22:52 wizzyrea i feel like I'm losing my mind
22:55 eythian people often say that after I say 'hi'
22:56 eythian @later tell marcelr ... I see you're having problems over there.
22:56 huginn` eythian: The operation succeeded.
22:59 cdickinson lol
22:59 cdickinson I think there was a file she was trying to open and it wasn't working
23:00 cdickinson that would upset me too... though only Windows gives me such troubles
23:04 dcook joined #koha
23:25 BobB joined #koha
23:42 papa joined #koha
23:55 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary