IRC log for #koha, 2015-04-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 chrisvella joined #koha
00:03 edveal joined #koha
00:04 JoshB joined #koha
00:05 oa10712 Are there any known issues with some of the barcode types? Neither of the 2of5 formats have been rendering properly on the .pdfs. Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask
00:06 eythian it's the right place to ask, I just have no answer for your question.
00:08 dcook oa10712: No idea. We just use Code39, and that works great.
00:08 dcook You might try one of the mailing lists though
00:08 dcook[…]ha-mailing-lists/
00:08 oa10712 Ok, I will try there next. Thank you
00:08 dcook np
00:27 oa10712 joined #koha
00:31 papa joined #koha
00:35 eythian @wunder nzwn
00:35 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 21.0°C (12:00 PM NZST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Falling).
00:35 eythian dew point of 16° is weird.
00:36 JoshB joined #koha
00:52 ngourlay joined #koha
01:03 dcook @wunder syd
01:03 huginn` dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 22.0°C (10:30 AM AEST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 57%. Dew Point: 13.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
01:03 dcook Not too shabby
01:04 dcook eythian: I'm starting to feel some of your authorities pain
01:04 dcook Ahh, wait. I think I figured it out... sort of.
01:04 dcook No... maybe not
01:05 dcook A "Main entry" search returns the result... but not "Anywhere", "Heading match", or "Main entry ($a only)".
01:07 cdickinson joined #koha
01:12 dcook Aha. Indexing issue..
01:12 dcook Surprising though..
01:18 nengard joined #koha
01:20 JoshB joined #koha
01:56 edveal joined #koha
02:21 rsz joined #koha
02:49 eythian rangi: what's the release date (roughly) for 3.20?
02:50 rangi may 22
02:50 rangi argentinian time, so the 23rd for us
02:51 eythian OK good. I'm going to push for retiring squeeze and precise for that release.
02:51 dcook @later tell ashimema Huh... just ran into the DBIx::Connector thing as well...
02:51 huginn` dcook: The operation succeeded.
02:51 rangi sounds good to me
02:51 eythian we've got a patch that would require an unreasonable amount of effort to backport modules for
02:51 rangi yeah
02:51 eythian and jessie release is April 25.
02:51 rangi yeah
02:52 dcook What's the plan for Zebra and Jessie?
02:52 eythian I don't have one.
02:52 eythian Short of packaging a new version myself, it's a tricky one.
02:53 rangi post freeze, we can agitate to get the new version in, its just bugfix eh?
02:53 rangi or did they load in new features as well?
02:53 dcook rangi: yeah, it's just a bugfix
02:53 dcook I don't think they did anything else in 2.0.60 but that fix
02:53 rangi yeah, then we can probably get the zebra maintainer for debian to put the new version in
02:53 dcook Sweeet
02:53 eythian yeah, that's quite possible
02:54 dcook That'd be ideal
02:54 dcook Doesn't Ubuntu drop a new version soon as well?
02:54 rangi yep april
02:54 rangi 15.04
02:55 eythian should fire up koha on a beta of that
02:55 dcook good idea
02:55 dcook I think 15.04 will have Zebra 2.0.59 as well
02:56 rangi most likely its usually pretty close to whatever is in debian testing
02:57 dcook Once Debian have 2.0.60, would we contact the Zebra maint for Ubuntu then?
02:57 dcook I don't suppose they would package it separately
02:58 eythian hmm
02:58 eythian I'm not sure
02:58 rangi they usually just pull from debian anyway
02:58 eythian well, they snapshot from unstable
02:59 eythian yeah, vivid is getting 2.0.59
02:59 eythian I wouldn't expect debian to update to 2.0.60, but they pay pull in the fix
02:59 eythian *may
02:59 eythian even better if someone else does it and attaches a debdiff...
03:00 dcook debdiff?
03:00 eythian like a diff, but for debs
03:02 rangi interestingly
03:02 rangi vincent danjean
03:02 rangi was the first person to try to package Koha
03:02 rangi (the debian maintainer for zebra)
03:02 rangi[…].44-3.1/changelog
03:03 rangi i reckon theres a reasonable chance we could get the fix in
03:04 dcook It would be great. Otherwise, people using ICU might get a bit of a shock
03:05 dcook I think eythian already has an open bug report?
03:05 eythian[…]rt.cgi?bug=777515
03:10 JoshB joined #koha
03:26 JoshB joined #koha
03:39 cdickinson joined #koha
03:45 rocio left #koha
03:50 bshum joined #koha
04:04 AmitG joined #koha
04:07 rangi[…]85292014079451137
04:07 dcook Hmm, it went for blue skies to storm to blue skies again here..
04:08 cdickinson looking at that, it'll stop raining eventually, but yeah, I feel sorry for everyone else here at work haha
04:12 AmitG hi
04:12 AmitG rangi
04:15 dcook Hmm getting that problem that cait pointed out the other day..
04:15 cdickinson he just left :(
04:16 eythian dcook: cait points out too many problems for that to be a useful specifier.
04:16 dcook hehe
04:17 dcook It was the one about having a problem opening "updatedatabase_2015-04-07T14:16:45.log"
04:17 dcook It looks like it was just a permission issue
04:17 dcook Hmm...
04:18 dcook That might be more of a problem for package installs... this is a git install
04:20 dcook Hmm... had a time out during the database update as well... but that might be a proxy issue
04:20 eythian oh yeah
04:20 eythian I saw that too
04:21 dcook Hmm... is Apache run as root on Debian?
04:21 dcook The logs all seem to be owned by root...
04:22 eythian sorta
04:23 eythian normally it launches as root and changes to www-data, but we subvert that process in the packages
04:23 dcook O_o
04:23 dcook Interesting
04:23 wahanui rumour has it Interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
04:23 eythian it launches as root to read things like SSL keys on startup
04:24 eythian at least, I think that's how it works.
04:24 dcook Makes sense that it would start off as root and switch
04:24 dcook How do we subvert it though?
04:24 dcook Actually, something I've been meaning to try..
04:25 dcook The help files are in theory editable
04:25 dcook But I would think that would cause problems with a package install..
04:25 dcook Well, not necessarily problems, but the sharing of user-generated HTML
04:25 eythian we have it change to the specific koha user based on the virtual host
04:25 eythian yeah
04:26 eythian they either shouldn't be editable, or (better) they should save somewhere so that they only apply to that instance.
04:26 dcook I like the latter idea :)
04:26 wizzyrea I suppose it's not a terrible notion to keep the edited help in the db
04:26 wizzyrea ?
04:26 wizzyrea and fall back to the templates (or display it in addition)
04:26 eythian that is probably better
04:27 eythian messing with the filesystem is always a pain
04:27 wizzyrea not sure why we did that in the first place :/
04:27 wizzyrea pretty sure I wasn't involved at the time.
04:27 wizzyrea :P
04:27 dcook hehe
04:28 dcook How do we change the Apache user with the packages?
04:28 dcook I'm so intrigued now..
04:29 dcook AssignUserID?
04:30 eythian it's a feature of MPM-ITK
04:30 bshum joined #koha
04:30 eythian in fact, it's its primary feature
04:30 dcook That's neat
04:32 dcook I guess that means that the package installs shouldn't run into that "updatedatabase...log" problem
04:32 dcook Although I wonder why the intranet-error.log is owned by root rather than my devkoha user
04:33 dcook I suppose they're probably part of different processes
04:33 dcook With ErrorLog happening at a higher level than the processes executed using the user designated by AssignUserID
04:34 * dcook stops rambling
04:34 dcook This is what happens when I get hungry...
04:34 dcook Or when I'm breathing..
04:34 eythian the logs should be owned by the koha user
04:34 eythian oh
04:35 eythian maybe not
04:35 eythian no, mostly owned by root
04:35 eythian I guess they get opened when the server starts up before it's vhosted
04:38 dcook Imagine so
04:38 dcook I wonder then...
04:38 dcook What the "updatedatabase...log" will be owned by
04:38 eythian I think I had the problem that it was never created
04:38 eythian and that's why it was dying.
04:38 dcook Yeah, that's the problem I had
04:39 dcook Our Apache runs as its own user though, so when I fixed the permissions for my install, that did the trick
04:39 dcook But that's a non-package install
04:40 dcook Might be worth someone installing the master packages and seeing what happens when new database updates come down
04:40 eythian I don't know what will happen with the packages.
04:40 eythian though, master packages are in the repo, someone could test them :)
04:40 dcook True true :)
04:41 dcook Well, I think they'd need to install the master packages and then need to wait for an update
04:41 eythian yes, I suppose
04:41 dcook Unless the atomic update has changed installs as well
04:41 eythian or just put an old db in
04:42 dcook Possibly yeah
04:42 dcook I admit I haven't followed this atomic update thing much
04:44 eythian I don't think it's actually in place yet is it?
04:45 dcook It looks like it's in master
04:45 dcook As that log is part of it
04:45 dcook The last two entries in mine are:
04:45 dcook DEV atomic update : hourlyloans.sql
04:45 dcook DEV atomic update : oai_sets.sql
04:45 dcook Which... I don't know whether or not they're even supposed to be there
04:45 eythian oh, very recent
04:46 eythian hmm
04:46 bshum joined #koha
04:46 wizzyrea that moment when you think to yourself "gosh, it's been a long time since I haven't been able to make THAT work" and then you realise zebra isn't running.
04:46 wizzyrea derrrrrrr
04:47 eythian possibly since bug 13068?
04:47 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13068 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , New feature for DB update and sandbox
04:47 dcook Good ol' Zebra
04:47 eythian wizzyrea: I do that all the time
04:47 dcook eythian: Yeah, I think that's the one
04:47 dcook Hmm, it looks a bit weird
04:47 wizzyrea believe it or not, that is actually comforting. :P
04:47 eythian it's why I have on my ES list to give a sensible response if you can't connect to the ES server.
04:47 eythian rather than "no results"
04:47 wizzyrea <3
04:47 dcook hehe
04:47 wizzyrea my hero
04:47 dcook eythian++
04:48 wizzyrea eythian++ for sure
04:48 dcook I really need to grab a super late lunch...
04:48 dcook Laters if I don't see you NZers when I get back
04:48 eythian bye
05:12 eythian ug virtualbox has stopped working properly for me
05:12 eythian time to find a new virtualisation system
05:29 bshum joined #koha
05:37 dcook eythian: That doesn't sound good :(
05:37 eythian and I can't make libvirt work either
05:38 dcook :(
05:38 dcook I admit I've been delaying upgrading Vbox as I didn't want to break anything..
05:38 dcook Not that I use it for anything too important any way though..
05:39 eythian I'm wondering if the module has got itself into a weird state.
05:39 eythian I might try rebooting.
05:39 dcook Not a bad idea
05:39 malik__ joined #koha
05:39 malik__ Hello to All
05:39 dcook hey malik__
05:40 malik__ can anyone help me ragarding sms service in koha
05:40 dcook Alas, I don't know anything about that one.
05:41 dcook You might have better luck on one of the listservs: http://lists.koha-community.or[…]/mailman/listinfo
05:41 malik__ i have API of a sms service provider in pakistan but i can't configure it
05:41 malik__ okk let me check
05:46 eythian joined #koha
05:49 eythian ah, that seemed to fix it.
05:50 dcook :D
05:50 eythian I probably could have fixed that without a reboot actually, it just didn't give me useful error messages to diagnose the problem.
05:50 eythian I think a kernel update had removed stuff so that new vms couldn't start.
05:52 dcook Yeah, sometimes I debate the merits of restarting vs finding the root problem..
05:52 dcook Well, think about debating :p
05:52 eythian probably all it would have needed was to reinstall the dkms module and do a restart on the service
05:56 malik___ joined #koha
05:58 malik___ can anyone help me ragarding sms service in koha
05:59 malik___ in Pakistan
06:00 magnuse joined #koha
06:00 * magnuse waves
06:00 dcook hey magnuse :)
06:00 eythian hi magnuse
06:00 magnuse hiya dcook
06:01 magnuse kia ora eythian
06:02 magnuse eythian: about the covers enh, rangi says "still being tested/refined patches submitted soon" :-)
06:02 dcook :D
06:02 eythian ah cool.
06:05 eythian @wunder nzwn
06:05 huginn` eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0°C (5:30 PM NZST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 18.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
06:05 eythian light rain my butt
06:06 eythian which I'd brought a jacket
06:06 magnuse @wunder boo
06:06 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 6.0°C (8:00 AM CEST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.70 in 1006 hPa (Rising).
06:06 magnuse spring is here, someone just forgot to turn on the heat...
06:06 magnuse @wunder marseille
06:06 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Realtor, CABRIES, France is 5.1°C (7:58 AM CEST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Rising).
06:06 magnuse hah!
06:06 eythian I think we still have your heat here.
06:07 dcook @wunder syd
06:07 huginn` dcook: The current temperature in Bardwell Park, Sydney, New South Wales is 19.2°C (4:07 PM AEST on April 07, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 46%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.77 in 1008 hPa (Steady).
06:07 eythian not willing to give it back
06:07 dcook ^
06:07 eythian pfft, you win due to rounding!
06:10 dcook hehe
06:10 dcook It was pretty warm out there
06:10 dcook I think I was actually sweating when I got back from lunch
06:10 eythian at least you don't have 94% humidity.
06:10 eythian I blame daylight saving going away.
06:10 dcook That's true
06:10 eythian that's clearly messed with the weather.
06:10 dcook People always say it's so humid here, but I think they might be wrong..
06:11 dcook heh
06:11 dcook Reminds me of last night
06:11 dcook I was all "It's 6pm! Where did the sun go?!"
06:11 * dcook comes from the land of no daylight savings time
06:11 eythian heh
06:13 cdickinson joined #koha
06:16 magnuse we have been saying to our son all through winter "look, it's dark outside, time to go to bed". during easter he started notcing that it is no longer dark when we tell him it is time to go to bed...
06:18 eythian OK, now I have a jessie VM for testing koha on. I think it's time to go brave the elements and actually do the testing tomorrow.
06:18 eythian later
06:18 dcook :D
06:18 dcook later eythian
06:18 dcook magnuse: uh oh!
06:27 magnuse dcook: time to teach him how a clock works :-)
06:31 Viktor joined #koha
06:32 magnuse kia ora Viktor
06:33 Viktor Kia ora Magnuse!
06:34 magnuse sweden++ for creating awesome music
06:35 magnuse wizzyrea++ for volunteering as rmaint
06:46 p_vdk joined #koha
06:53 ashimema joined #koha
07:00 ashimema joined #koha
07:00 magnuse kia ora ashimema
07:01 Jul joined #koha
07:02 Viktor joined #koha
07:20 wicope joined #koha
07:25 Joubu Morning #koha
07:28 nlegrand Ooh! Aah! #koha!
07:29 * magnuse waves
07:31 cait joined #koha
07:33 magnuse kia ora cait
07:33 magnuse oh i forgot cait++ for awesome qa
07:34 cait not sure it's awesome - we will see when the devs have read the comments
07:34 kivilahtio does anybody know what is the status regarding this[…]fund-volunteers/?
07:35 kivilahtio have the sub-committee members been nominated already?
07:35 cait there is a wiki page
07:35 cait i think 4? or so have signed up
07:35 cait and we got irc meeting on wednesday - i think bag or BobB might give us an updae then
07:36 cait hm today is april 7th
07:36 kivilahtio so tomorrow
07:38 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:38 gaetan_B hello
07:39 kivilahtio hello
07:39 wahanui salut, kivilahtio
07:39 kivilahtio wahanui: my friend!
07:39 wahanui kivilahtio: sorry...
07:39 sophie_m joined #koha
07:40 cait hm yeah but also the deadline should be over - that bag wrote in the blog post
07:40 kivilahtio cait: so it seems
07:40 kivilahtio I guess we wil lsee tomorrow
07:41 cait yep guess so
07:44 paul_p joined #koha
07:54 magnuse[…]ting_8_April_2015
08:10 tomk joined #koha
08:27 wicope joined #koha
08:42 andreashm joined #koha
08:48 andreashm hi #koha
08:51 magnuse joined #koha
08:59 andreashm hey magnuse!
08:59 wahanui hmmm... magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
08:59 andreashm haha
08:59 magnuse :-)
09:04 andreashm is there a way to automatically generate invoices for lost books in Koha? anyone know?
09:09 sophie_m ? andreashm
09:13 andreashm sophie_m: doesn't that just generate a fee? not an invoice? I need to look more closely at that script.
09:14 sophie_m yes, it's a fee, sorry
09:20 cait hm would be a good enh to also generate a notice there i
09:22 andreashm yeah
09:23 andreashm so the only way to create invoices in Koha for late/lost books is to do it manually?
09:41 Viktor joined #koha
09:51 cait right now, yes
09:51 cait i think it would be not too hard maybe to have a new notice, but not sure
09:53 andreashm thanks cait
09:55 andreashm but how to other libraries handle invoicing, even manually? do they generate the lost books report and go by that on what to invoice, or is there some other smart way to generate list of what books to invoice? =)
09:55 cait hm i think one way might be an sql report and then generate a letter with an office suite
09:55 kivilahtio andreashm: I have some code lying around
09:56 kivilahtio andreashm: lemme just think a bit on what you are trying to achieve
09:56 kivilahtio andreashm: I am currently working on rewriting the overdue and claiming module we have
09:57 kivilahtio andreashm: There are some critical issue in the way Koha handles 3rd party integrations and I am trying to find a way around them
09:57 cait Joubu: close to the tax patches now :)
09:57 kivilahtio maunly handling situations gone wrong
09:59 andreashm kivilahtio: at the moment, in our old prop. system, we run a report on books that have recently been marked as lost (long overdue) and then invoices are automatically generated. so we can then send them via email or snail mail. there are to many to handle manually.
09:59 andreashm (or, it can be done of course, but would require a lot of hours of work)
09:59 Joubu cait: :)
10:01 cait i'd really like to find someone for the sip emulator and the syspref caching...
10:02 andreashm cait: yeah, an sql report might be the answer. and then we could probably fix the invoice generating and sendout in our Viola system. but other libraries in Sweden have asked about this feature too, and I was hoping something was built into Koha.
10:03 cait andreashm: i'd encourage you to look in bugzila and write an enh request :)
10:03 cait if there isn't one yet
10:03 andreashm cait: I'll do just that - search bugzilla atleast.
10:08 kivilahtio andreashm:[…]odule_rewrite_RFC
10:16 andreashm kivilahtio: thanks. but won'tsome of that clash with[…]otice_Enhancement
10:16 andreashm ?
10:17 cait kivilahtio: hm, not sure, does it cover the lost item process? (what happens after the overdues) yet?
10:20 andreashm_away of for lunch, bbl
10:20 kivilahtio cait: we have a cronjobs for setting items to lost status?
10:20 cait yep
10:20 cait longoverdue i think
10:20 cait we don't use that yet, but it's a rather old one
10:21 cait oh it has pictures now - i have to reread the spec
10:21 kivilahtio yup, it looks pretty nice
10:23 cait longoverdues? it recently got a bunch of confguration options as system preferences
10:27 cait meh - is it possible that for calculating the pickup date we don't check the holidays calendar?
10:28 cait yep... it totally looks like that is the case
10:35 kivilahtio cait: yes
10:36 kivilahtio cait: I think we have a commit for that somewhere
10:39 cait found it 12535
10:39 cait ah sorry
10:39 cait ug 12353
10:39 cait bug 12353
10:39 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12353 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, olli-antti.kivilahti, In Discussion , Reserves last pickup date needs to respect holidays, and everybody need to know the last pickup date for reserves, even notices.
10:39 cait guess it's stuck
11:26 collum joined #koha
11:37 meliss joined #koha
12:16 rocio joined #koha
12:22 tcohen joined #koha
12:46 tcohen morning...
12:48 octo19 joined #koha
12:49 octo19 Hello. How do I force an update of the Koha library via CLI? I want to make a cron job that updates every minute.
12:51 tcohen you mean have your records indexed?
12:52 octo19 yes
12:53 tcohen how did you get your Koha instlaled?
12:53 tcohen what instructions did you follow?
12:54 octo19 I inherited our current system. I have no idea how it was installed. I can tell you it is version 3.12 and running in openSUSE 12.3.
12:55 octo19 I am trying to update koha and openSUSE but the readout keeps telling me everything is outdated so it can't update.
12:56 edveal joined #koha
12:56 edveal left #koha
12:57 tcohen can't you install ubuntu?
12:57 octo19 Sure, but I need the database we already have to transfer
12:57 tcohen you are looking for a cron configuration running the indexer
12:57 octo19 is that easy?
12:57 octo19 yes I am
12:57 tcohen it is really easy
12:58 tcohen to move koha to another box
12:58 octo19 Koha recommends Debian, but I know more about Ubuntu. Is one easier than the other?
12:59 tcohen they are both the same
12:59 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:59 tcohen regarding the install procedure
12:59 octo19 I want to have a system with little-to-no user involvement.
13:00 nlegrand octo19: I'm a bit puzzled, you're looking to update the software or the search engine indexation?
13:00 tcohen[…]ubuntu_-_packages
13:00 octo19 Currently our koha system is running in a VM
13:00 tcohen follow that ^^^^^^
13:00 tcohen to get an instance created
13:00 tcohen once you figure how to do it
13:01 tcohen just delete its database
13:01 tcohen and put a dump from the old one
13:01 tcohen instead
13:01 octo19 nlegrand i need to both, but my initial question was to update the index.
13:02 octo19 tcohen ah so adding the debian repo to ubuntu will make everything run smoothly?
13:02 tcohen exactly
13:02 akafred (I would say debian is a little bit less hassle.)
13:02 nlegrand octo19: ok :) did you check the crontab of the unix account dedicated to koha ?
13:02 tcohen please pick 14.04
13:03 rocio left #koha
13:03 tcohen or debian 7, which is on top of which Koha is usully tested
13:03 octo19 akafred less of a hassle to run or install?
13:03 akafred install
13:03 JesseM joined #koha
13:04 JoshB joined #koha
13:04 talljoy joined #koha
13:04 octo19 nlegrand yes i checked the user and root crontabs
13:04 tcohen the only difference is that Ubuntu 14.04 ships with apache 2.4 in which you'd need to run a command from the appendix before doing the koha-common install
13:05 tcohen[…]g_apache2-mpm-itk.
13:06 octo19 what version of apache do i need for koha?
13:06 octo19 or does it matter?
13:07 meliss joined #koha
13:07 nengard joined #koha
13:08 tcohen octo19: don't worry about that
13:08 tcohen follow the instructions and you are safe
13:08 tcohen if you feel like trying debian
13:08 tcohen[…]ki/Koha_on_Debian
13:09 tcohen follow that, which have been updated recently
13:09 octo19 great.
13:09 octo19 tcohen thanks for the tips!
13:10 nengard left #koha
13:13 edveal joined #koha
13:14 cait tcohen++
13:28 cma joined #koha
13:30 rsz joined #koha
13:31 magnuse tcohen++
13:41 alex_a joined #koha
13:50 edveal joined #koha
13:51 edveal left #koha
14:04 amyjeankearns joined #koha
14:08 burdsjm__ joined #koha
14:08 cdickinson_ joined #koha
14:08 phasefx_ joined #koha
14:13 ashimema joined #koha
14:17 mario joined #koha
14:17 cait Joubu++ fixing all the bugs
14:22 JesseM joined #koha
14:34 cait Joubu: maybe you could take a look at bug 13957? i think it might be related to the recent changes for patron search
14:34 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13957 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Patron autocomplete shows NULL in list of results
14:35 cait but... there are lots of bugs to pick from... /me has a bug filing day today
14:35 cait searching bugzilla can make you a bit paranoid about bugs :)
14:38 carmen joined #koha
14:40 Joubu cait: will have a lookg
14:42 cait filing the suggestions/bugs that came up during our user meeting a few weeks ago (finally)
14:52 cait Joubu++ super fast :)
14:54 cait Joubu: there is a similar bug in acq - int he table of received items
14:54 cait all the empty fields go null
14:55 cait bug 10388
14:55 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10388 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , acq edited items showing 'null's
14:57 cait :)
14:58 Joubu cait: I don't reproduce this one
14:58 cait hmm did you edit the item?
14:58 Joubu but on the screenshot, barcode is "null" on the first row, but "" on the second
14:58 cait using the edit link on the recieve page
14:58 cait it happens when you edit it, for example to add the barcode label
14:58 Joubu no..., trying again
14:59 Joubu ok got it :)
14:59 cait sorry for feeding you with bugs :) just thought if this is similar might be an easy one now
15:00 Joubu yep, should be easy to fix too
15:03 TGoat joined #koha
15:10 gaetan_B bye
15:58 hanthana joined #koha
16:05 p_vdk left #koha
16:31 misilot With the patron import, if I want to blank out passwords can I sent NULL in the csv import file?
16:32 cait just leave it empty
16:32 cait ''
16:33 cait and the passwrod field should have a ! later i think - indictaing there is no password set
16:33 misilot cait: ok thanks. Trying to build the template to hand to another department to get user loads
16:39 misilot are streetnumber and streettype actually used? I don't see them in the edit user, so just curious
16:44 cait streettype appears when you cnfigure them in the admin area
16:44 misilot cait: ah ok thank you
16:44 cait streetnumber should be visible - but maybe check borrowerunwantedfields of you don't see it
16:45 misilot cait: yup it is hidden. thanks for answering my curiosity :)
16:47 misilot dateenrolled should get auto populated on import?
16:48 cait it will be set automatically with today's date if not in your data
16:48 misilot ok thanks
16:50 misilot that's great :) lots of records will be updated once I get this working :)
16:50 cait be careful - if you want to update a borrower with the passwords
16:51 cait i think they might be overriden/set to null if you have the column in the spreadsheet
16:51 cait I'd test with a single borrower
16:51 misilot I want them to be cleared, since we will be using LDAP or CAS for authentication of our users
16:51 cait loading new patrons is easy... updating existing ones is a bit more tricky in my experience
16:51 cait ah
16:51 cait all good then
16:51 cait have to leave, bye all
16:51 misilot bye and thank you cait
16:51 cait np :)
16:51 cait left #koha
17:56 * magnuse waves
18:03 cait joined #koha
18:17 * magnuse waves at cait
18:25 * magnuse gets ignored by cait
18:25 barton|lunch afternoon, cait
18:26 barton cait: I wonder if you could take another look at[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6499 ?
18:26 huginn` Bug 6499: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Failed QA , MARC21 035 -- Other-control-number --  Indexing & Matching
18:39 barton @seen cait
18:39 huginn` barton: cait was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 47 minutes, and 4 seconds ago: <cait> np :)
18:43 cait was cooking dinner
18:44 cait not sure when i will get to it barton - maybe reset to needs signoff with a note for now?
18:44 tcohen @later tell rangi would you join me on a talk with randal schwartz?
18:44 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:48 Viktor joined #koha
18:49 magnuse tjänare Viktor
18:50 Viktor Hej magnuse :)
18:51 magnuse tcohen: i think rangi said he would probably not find time for it, but worth another shot :-)
18:53 barton cait: will do, thanks.
18:53 * tcohen knows magnuse
18:53 cait asking for another tester
18:53 tcohen I'm giving a shot
18:54 * tcohen needs to set a date
18:54 cait hm?
18:54 cait now you got me curious :)
18:54 nengard joined #koha
19:05 carmen joined #koha
19:19 magnuse tcohen: awesome to see koha and you on the list of upcoming guests :-)
19:21 barton cait: I updated bug 6499, including a new test procedure and some notes about some 'gotchas' that I've run into along the way.
19:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6499 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, barton, Needs Signoff , MARC21 035 -- Other-control-number --  Indexing & Matching
19:21 wnickc joined #koha
19:26 Viktor joined #koha
19:33 wnickc hi all
19:38 tcohen bye #koha
19:45 cait barton: cool
19:56 cait khall_away: around?
20:00 ashimema_ joined #koha
20:02 * cait waves
20:03 pianohacker joined #koha
20:04 pianohacker Hi #koha
20:07 barton hi pianohacker!
20:08 pianohacker heh, hi barton
20:10 TGoat @later tell druthb_away to please call Todd from ByWater @ 775-335-7940. Thanks
20:10 huginn` TGoat: The operation succeeded.
20:11 bag hey TGoat she may not write anything in channel as druthb_away - probably better to leave that as druthb instead
20:11 TGoat thanks!
20:12 TGoat @later tell druthb to please call Todd from ByWater @ 775-335-7940. Thanks
20:12 huginn` TGoat: The operation succeeded.
20:12 nengard left #koha
20:22 * cait waves
20:24 cbrannon joined #koha
21:05 cait wow
21:05 cait what happened to the manual?
21:06 cait pretty!
21:08 pianohacker yeah, that's cool. I like the layout
21:12 barton if I want to report a bug regarding koha-gitify, how do I categorize that? Installer? Tools?
21:14 cait it seems like some got reported on github
21:14 cait
21:16 wizzyrea barton: do it on github.
21:16 wizzyrea no one will see it in our bz.
21:16 wizzyrea koha gitify is a separate project to koha. Just like kohadevbox.
21:17 barton gotcha.
21:37 barton wizzyrea:
21:38 wizzyrea yep, feel free to submit a patch too, if you like.
21:38 barton nod.
21:39 wizzyrea please tell me you're not trying to use gitify in production.
21:40 barton no, but it's still pain to have all of the zebra indexes break in test environments.
21:40 wizzyrea good because that would be nuts.
21:41 barton wizzyrea: didn't you know that all of the bywater folk were a bit touched?
21:41 barton ;-)
21:41 * wizzyrea pleads ignorance
21:41 barton lol
21:52 edveal joined #koha
22:26 khall_away left #koha
22:32 eythian hi
22:32 wahanui que tal, eythian
23:07 * dcook waves
23:14 eythian hi dcook
23:15 dcook heya eythian
23:50 JoshB joined #koha
23:57 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary