IRC log for #koha, 2022-11-16

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
02:09 cait1 joined #koha
02:20 ccordova joined #koha
02:44 alohabot joined #koha
03:51 caroline joined #koha
04:05 fridolin joined #koha
04:19 fridolin joined #koha
04:37 fridolin joined #koha
06:04 Joubu caroline: the DST problem on some dates should be fixed for a long time now, did you report the bug?
06:06 Joubu caroline: did you open a bug?
06:17 fridolin joined #koha
07:07 tcohen joined #koha
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:35 reiveune left #koha
07:39 SupportLibrary[m] Hello. I'm having a little difficulty with the ISBD view. When I change something in the view structure from the OPAC system settings, nothing in the bibliographic record view of the ISBD changes.
07:40 reiveune joined #koha
07:40 reiveune hello
07:56 alex_ joined #koha
07:57 alex_ Bonjour
08:02 ashimema morning koha
08:04 SupportLibrary[m] s/OPAC/Advanced/
08:04 thibaud_g joined #koha
08:04 fridolin left #koha
08:44 thibaut joined #koha
08:44 thibaut Hello
08:50 caroline_catlady joined #koha
08:52 Joubu tcohen: shouldn't we stop pushing and get jenkins happy again?
09:00 Joubu @later tell tcohen 32154 is missing dbic changes!
09:00 huginn` Joubu: The operation succeeded.
09:11 timothy_ joined #koha
09:55 cait joined #koha
09:56 davidnind Support Library: I experimented by add some text between two<br/>s in both ISBD and OPACISBD system preferences - viewing the record page was all I needed for the changes to show
09:57 davidnind Support Library: maybe share what you are using in (not that I really know anything about ISBD)
10:03 cait hello #koha
10:07 SupportLibrary[m] <davidnind> "Support Library: I experimented..." <- Okey
10:51 titicolin[m] joined #koha
10:52 thibaut left #koha
11:03 thibaut_35 joined #koha
11:03 thibaut_35 joined #koha
11:22 oleonard o/
11:22 cait \o
11:25 cait Election meeting today: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_16_November_2022
11:44 oleonard cait very busy with the string bugs :) A sign of a busy translator I assume?
11:45 cait yeah, trying to do some every day... it's quite a piece of work
11:45 cait big piece
11:45 educkett[m] joined #koha
11:45 oleonard I will be working on Bug 32046 today, by the way
11:46 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32046 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , When adding a new records from a staged files, there are style issues
11:49 cait thx!
11:49 cait I'll be back a little later to do more testing
12:22 alex_ joined #koha
13:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:52 tcohen hola #koha
13:53 cait Joubu: around?
13:53 cait got a question about bug 31891?
13:53 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31891 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Regression: show "MARC staging results" with clear link to manage staged batch
13:53 oleonard joined #koha
13:54 cait ah... got it resolved!
13:56 tcohen hola cait
13:57 tcohen cait: strings have been updated with the e-resource stuff
13:57 cait oleonard: I got this on bug 32046:  FAILkoha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog/en/​modules/acqui/
13:57 cait FAIL  js_in_body
13:57 cait A <script> tag found inside head, must be moved to the body (see bug 17858)
13:57 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32046 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , When adding a new records from a staged files, there are style issues
13:57 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17858 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Move staff client JavaScript to the footer
13:57 cait tcohen: thx :)
13:57 cait tcohen++ bgkriegel++
13:57 tcohen bgkriegel++
13:57 cait i am working on staging related bugs
13:57 oleonard cait: It's a false positive. That template is an exception.
13:58 cait oleonard: thx!
13:58 cait ... and it's in the notes too, sorry to bother
13:58 tcohen cait
13:58 tcohen cait++
14:01 alex__ joined #koha
14:02 cait oleonard: I just found out today about the item display < should we make that a bit wider/align left?
14:03 oleonard Under what circumstances does that appear? I haven't seen it.
14:03 cait yeah, it's a bit miraculous
14:04 cait I used the sample records and instructions on bug 32166
14:04 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32166 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Passed QA , When adding to a basket from a staged file we may use the wrong inputs
14:04 cait happy to sign bug 32046 as is and have that as a follow-up later?
14:05 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32046 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , When adding a new records from a staged files, there are style issues
14:05 oleonard Yes, I can work on that next
14:05 cait ok
14:05 cait do you want me to file the bug?
14:05 oleonard That would be very helpful, thank you
14:08 cait bug 32231
14:08 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32231 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Improve display of items, when items are created from staged files
14:27 emlam joined #koha
14:51 emlam joined #koha
14:58 oleonard cait: I still can't seem to see what you're seeing with the staged file items
14:58 cait but yo usee the items?
14:58 cait i had the patch applied, but they appeared on the right before without too
14:59 oleonard No I don't see the items at all
14:59 ashimema Afternoon all
14:59 oleonard Not with the records on 32166, not with my own file that I know has items in it.
15:00 caroline_catlady joined #koha
15:00 ashimema Wide-screen?
15:00 * ashimema is bored at the station waiting for the train home
15:00 cait small screen here
15:01 cait also: I think it's time for IRC meeting?
15:01 lukeg joined #koha
15:01 cait oleonard: it's a screen size issue I think, I was having mine squashed, maybe if you try that?
15:02 cait tuxayo: around?
15:03 cait everyone ready for the meeting?
15:03 cait I can chair if that's ok and tuxayo is not here?
15:03 cait but I think we should have it... so we go ta release team again
15:03 khall joined #koha
15:04 oleonard Who's here?
15:04 oleonard qa_team?
15:04 oleonard qa-team?
15:04 oleonard :|
15:04 thd Broken bots.
15:04 oleonard No wahanui
15:05 thd Who can restart wahanui?
15:05 tuxayo-webchat joined #koha
15:05 tuxayo-webchat hi :)
15:05 tuxayo-webchat sorry, a bit late for the meeting
15:06 cait aah you are here !
15:06 tuxayo-webchat Anyone to cochair? I have to leave in 20min ^^"
15:06 cait I can
15:06 cait but i have to turn off the washing machine sometime in between... sould start 'screaming' now every minute
15:07 tuxayo-webchat ok!
15:07 tuxayo #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 16 November 2022
15:07 huginn` Meeting started Wed Nov 16 15:07:41 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
15:07 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:07 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_16_november_2022'
15:07 tuxayo #chair cait
15:07 huginn` Current chairs: cait tuxayo
15:08 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_16_November_2022 Today's agenda
15:08 tuxayo #topic Introductions
15:08 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:08 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions, Argentina
15:08 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:09 lukeg #info Lucas Gass, ByWater Solutions, Colorado, USA
15:10 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Limited, France
15:10 tuxayo #topic Announcements
15:10 cait kidclamp: ashimema Joubu?
15:10 tuxayo Anything to announce that doesn't fit in the other topics?
15:10 cait nothing from me
15:11 tcohen I've got some RM announcements
15:11 cait you got your own topic :)
15:11 tuxayo Wiki upgrade! Thanks again to the people that did it! ^^
15:11 * tcohen is feeding the kids minutes before school drop
15:12 tuxayo moving on?
15:12 tcohen can I go first?
15:12 tuxayo ok
15:12 cait #info Wiki upgrade is done! Thanks to thd, mtj and tcohen and everyone involved :)
15:12 tuxayo #topic Update from the Release manager (22.11)
15:13 tcohen #info Last translations update done, minor thing
15:13 tcohen #info Please take care of the Major and Critical bugs in the queue ASAP
15:13 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:14 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS-E
15:14 tcohen #info Our CI and KTD tools are being upgraded for the new node.js dependencies introduced by ERM, please keep your KTD updated
15:14 tcohen i.e. ktd pull
15:14 tuxayo ok 👍️
15:14 tcohen that's it, not much time left for the releaes
15:14 tcohen get involved on fixing things, please
15:15 cait +1 :)
15:15 tuxayo > keep your KTD updated
15:15 tuxayo Good to know, since the images are regenerated on every push on main/master. Even if no change.
15:15 tcohen #info the KTD images have been added the node_modules
15:16 tcohen #info to allow offline working
15:16 tuxayo Ah cool
15:16 tcohen also, so we have a more robust way to test things on CI
15:16 ashimema 🙂
15:16 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:17 tcohen thd++
15:17 tcohen thd++
15:17 cait thd++
15:17 tuxayo thd++
15:17 tuxayo Moving on?
15:17 tcohen yup
15:18 tuxayo #topic Elections: Roles for 23.05
15:18 tcohen I'll bother everyone until the release
15:18 tcohen anyway :-D
15:18 tuxayo #info https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_23.05
15:18 tuxayo old stable RMaint missing 😱
15:18 thd Before moving on
15:19 cait yes, we have some roles missing i think
15:19 ashimema Hmm, no 22.05...
15:19 tuxayo Translation Manager 😱
15:19 thd I assume we are still waiting for the mail system to be fixed on the server where the wiki is running.
15:19 cait also translation manager
15:19 ashimema I'd offer but I'm going to have my hands full getting our new Devs up to speed
15:19 cait tcohen: do you know if Bernardo wants to continue?
15:19 tuxayo Packaging Team 😱 Continuous integration infrastructure maintainer 😱
15:20 cait oh ok, yes, that too
15:20 cait mtj: around by chance?
15:20 ashimema And I have a seeking suspicion it is going to be a hard one to maintain for the next cycle with the changes in 22.11
15:20 tuxayo > a hard one to maintain for the next cycle
15:20 tuxayo 22.05? Right ><
15:21 cait I suggest we have elections anyway and maybe a mail askin for those specific roles to list again?
15:21 tuxayo Yeah
15:21 tuxayo At least vote for all the rest
15:21 tcohen Bernardo is in
15:21 ashimema Intention here is to get the new Devs involved in community from day one . Well, tomorrow really as day one was Monday, but they've not got their computers yet 😂
15:21 cait one less worry :) bgkriegel
15:21 tuxayo bgkriel++
15:21 lukeg I signed up for 22.11 rmaint but I am amendable to maintaining any version :)
15:21 cait bgkriegel++
15:22 oleonard composing patches in their heads I hope ashimema
15:22 tuxayo thanks tcohen for reaching
15:22 ashimema Haha
15:22 tcohen he's always open to continue, or step down if there's another volunteer
15:22 tuxayo write patch on paper and fax them!
15:22 tuxayo low tech
15:22 ashimema At a push I might be able to sell maintaining 22.11 as a team here.. would need a conversation with the boss first
15:23 * tcohen remembers writing assembler on a paper sheet for an exam...
15:23 cait java ... hell.
15:23 cait such a talkative language
15:23 cait anyway, good ideas all around
15:23 * ashimema forsee lots of patches to 22.11 in the next few months.. but hopefully mostly easy ones
15:23 cait i thnk 22.11 is gonna be hit hard for a while as we are still fixing styles
15:23 ashimema Yup
15:23 ashimema Agreed
15:23 tuxayo Worst case, we might ask Arthur or Wainui to move up a release but keep the same backport policy than their current commitment. Thus much less backport to 22.05
15:24 cait but those should not be super evil ones
15:24 ashimema But I could us it to sharpen my new Devs git skills ;)
15:24 ashimema With my watchfull eye on top
15:24 * tcohen has to leave
15:24 tuxayo Or ashimema you could also have a restricted backport policy to limit your commitment.
15:24 tcohen +1 on a vote
15:24 ashimema Vote . Well sort the rest between us 😜
15:24 * tuxayo too
15:25 tcohen didn't lukeg volunteer for 22.11?
15:25 ashimema He did
15:25 ashimema 22.05 is missing, he said he could do either
15:25 tcohen ah
15:25 tcohen ok!
15:25 tcohen bbiab
15:25 ashimema I think 22.05 is too high commitment for ptfs-e right now
15:25 tuxayo #startvoteTEST Do you approve the current proposals for th 23.05 Team Yes, No, Abstain
15:26 tuxayo ↑something like that?
15:26 tuxayo *for the
15:26 ashimema Yup
15:26 oleonard =1
15:26 cait i think you need something before Yes
15:26 cait so it recognizes the options?
15:26 tuxayo ashimema: even if treating it like oldoldstable instead of oldstable. Not ideal but if noone have the time to commit full that's a backup plan.
15:27 tuxayo Ah yes lol
15:27 tuxayo #startvote Do you approve the current proposals for the 23.05 team? Yes, No, Abstain
15:27 huginn` Begin voting on: Do you approve the current proposals for the 23.05 team? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
15:27 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
15:27 tuxayo #vote yes
15:27 oleonard #vote yes
15:27 cait #vote yes
15:27 kidclamp #vote yes
15:28 thd #vote Yes
15:28 ashimema #vote yes
15:28 tuxayo cait: the meeting it yours!
15:28 tcohen #vote yes
15:28 * tuxayo runs away => [ ]
15:28 tuxayo see ya
15:28 cait hm
15:28 ashimema Coolios
15:28 cait hope I can end the vote then :)
15:29 cait giving it a few more secons
15:29 ashimema Did he chair you
15:29 cait yep
15:29 ashimema If so you can
15:29 tcohen yes
15:29 cait #endvote
15:29 huginn` Voted on "Do you approve the current proposals for the 23.05 team?" Results are
15:29 huginn` Yes (7): cait, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, kidclamp, tcohen, thd
15:29 lukeg #vote yes
15:29 ashimema Haha
15:29 khall #vote yes
15:29 ashimema Too slow lukeg 😂
15:29 lukeg lol
15:29 * khall shakes fist
15:29 ashimema Super quick vote, lol
15:29 thd Missed a few votes
15:29 cait #agreed The release team for 23.05 is  elected as stated on the wiki page today :)
15:30 ashimema Never seen one that quick
15:30 ashimema Hehe
15:30 cait was i too fast?
15:30 ashimema #koha in race mode
15:30 cait well... apply some speed to your queues!
15:30 cait ok, we are moving on in a moment
15:30 ashimema Nah, we had a solid yes from all.. the last vote will be in the meeting logs too
15:30 cait after celebrations
15:30 cait confetti!
15:31 thd A few too many people not in front of their IRC interfaces.
15:31 cait ok moving on
15:31 cait #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:31 cait lukeg? lilliputech?
15:32 cait Well, lots of pushing happened, so I think we are probably good there
15:32 cait #topic Updates from the QA team
15:33 cait Nothing new here - get to the bad bugs please!
15:33 cait someone still with me? :)
15:33 oleonard Still here!
15:33 ashimema I'm here
15:33 cait #topic Status of roadmap projects
15:33 cait I propose postponing that to next meeting, ok?
15:33 ashimema QA has been fast and furious of late..
15:34 ashimema Lots and lots of small quick bugs..
15:34 ashimema Yeah, postpone that one I reckon
15:34 oleonard +1 to postponing roadmap
15:34 cait #info update on road map is postponed to next meeting
15:34 cait #topic Actions form last meeting
15:35 cait #action cait Update wiki page for LTS
15:35 cait taking over from davidnind again
15:35 cait davidnind to send an email to the mailing lists on roles for 23.05: DONE
15:35 cait For after release, but so we don't lose them:
15:35 cait #action tcohen to schedule/call a "CSRF day" to work on related patches together - deferred until after the 22.11 release
15:36 cait #action tcohen to draft proposal for master→main change and draft of action list
15:36 cait #action oleonard ashimema draft in the developer handbook how to form our  modals. With template of a simple case and a case with form inside.:  focus is currently on staff interface redesign changes, see the draft style guide (WIP)
15:36 cait Next one we can maybe resolve, but in the next topic
15:36 oleonard Too busy chasing bugs in master to work on handbook
15:36 cait #topic General development discussion
15:37 cait #info Question: Can we claim ES7 support now?
15:37 cait kidclamp maybe?
15:38 cait ook
15:38 cait let's keep this for th enext one
15:38 cait I have a feeling we won't make much prorss on the other topics today either, are we ok with postponing?
15:39 cait #info Topics postponed to next meeting (after release)
15:39 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
15:39 thd Moved meetings are tricky?
15:39 cait can someone help me out there? 2 weeks, wednesday, but what time?
15:40 cait thd: yeah, we had missed the one before this
15:40 ashimema Gotta go, dashing for the train now
15:40 cait have a safe trip!
15:41 cait #info Next meeting: 30 November 2022, 15 UTC
15:42 cait thx all for voting!
15:42 thd Checking for what we did previously for next meeting.  The previous next meeting was already scheduled for a date and time next week.
15:42 cait #endmeeting
15:42 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Nov 16 15:42:08 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:42 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-11-16-15.07.html
15:42 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-11-16-15.07.txt
15:42 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]16-15.07.log.html
15:42 lukeg Have a great day all!
15:42 oleonard tuxayo++
15:42 oleonard cait++
15:42 cait thd: ok, i didn't have that info - the script will take it from this one now
15:43 thd I took too long to report that I was looking.
15:49 thd cait: For reference, next meeting had been proposed for 23 Nov. 22:00 UTC.
15:50 cait maybe tuxayo can check on i tlater, wiki page has not been added yet - but as we had a meeting thi sweek, maybe it's ok to have 2 weeks, next week will be busy with release
15:52 thd Yes, the update is not quite automatic.  davidnind runs a script manually from the information generated in the meeting if understand correctly.
15:54 thd By changing the week, I think that we have also now avoided a two meetings in one day conflict with the general meeting coming 7 December.
16:00 bag joined #koha
16:03 lukeg joined #koha
16:04 oleonard cait: I didn't have anything specified in MarcItemFieldsToOrder. That's why I didn't see the item stuff
16:06 cait oleonard: ah yep
16:17 oleonard cait: Probably a dumb distinction, but I felt I needed to follow up on Bug 32046 rather than add the patch on a separate bug because felt it was too broken to wait.
16:17 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32046 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , When adding a new records from a staged files, there are style issues
16:17 cait it's ok :) trust your judgement
16:19 oleonard I'm always learning about things I didn't know Koha did :)
16:26 reiveune bye
16:26 reiveune left #koha
16:26 cait me too
16:46 caroline joined #koha
16:49 fridolin joined #koha
16:49 fridolin left #koha
17:00 ashimema hmm.. tethered mobile connection is a bit rubbish for a ktd pull
17:00 ashimema ooopsies
17:06 cait oops :)
17:18 tcohen holaaa
17:20 tcohen ashimema: I always switch to tethered mobile connection for ktd pull because my 6Mbps connection drives me nuts :-P
17:20 * tcohen is waiting for Starlink
17:20 oleonard :|
17:21 davidnind Starlink is great! Beats the "Rural" broadband I had before by a country mile.
17:22 * tcohen already pre-ordered Starlink
17:22 tcohen just waiting, it is supposed to arrive by december
17:23 davidnind that will be a great Christmas present!
17:24 tcohen :-D
17:28 tcohen @later tell marcelr you might be right, propose a different approach and let's check what's best for later coding using it
17:28 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:34 oleonard i wonder if something like this would work:
17:39 tcohen oleonard: what are we looking at
17:40 oleonard Moving the "edit search" and "search within results" controls into the sidebar on search results
17:40 cait for the left side?
17:40 cait can you collapse/uncollapse those sections?
17:41 cait i thnk i like it, it's a bit easier to spot
18:02 ashimema Nice
18:42 Dyrcona joined #koha
18:58 cait oleonard: mildly bad news
18:58 oleonard :D
18:59 cait
18:59 cait the longer descriptions blow up the input fields
19:00 cait I tihnk in the last iteration it looked better
19:00 cait but the first tab looks much better with the new patch set
19:03 davidnind I just added a comment about the narrow label widths and wrapping to the bug 🙂
19:04 cait heh I noticed when saving mine :)
19:04 * cait hands oleonard the cookie jar
19:05 davidnind and chocolate and coffee as well...
19:05 oleonard This is my cue to leave for the day XD
19:05 oleonard I'll get back to it tomorrow!
19:05 oleonard Thanks for testing
19:12 davidnind oleonard++
19:14 cait oleonard++ davidnind++
19:49 davidnind cait++
20:35 lukeg joined #koha
20:47 lukeg joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary