IRC log for #koha, 2022-09-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:08 fridolin joined #koha
01:41 fridolin joined #koha
02:16 dcook ORMs... arggggh
02:25 dcook But also how we use it...
04:02 Oak joined #koha
05:02 fridolin joined #koha
05:58 fridolin joined #koha
06:01 alex_ joined #koha
06:01 alex_ Bonjour
06:01 wahanui what's up, alex_
06:06 reiveune joined #koha
06:55 cait joined #koha
07:00 cait good morning #koha!
07:07 fridolin yellowwwww
07:08 * dcook waves
07:08 dcook I hope everyone has a better Koha day than I did heh
07:13 cait fridolin: violet!
07:25 fridolin ^^
07:35 Kush joined #koha
07:36 cait jajm: back on the redesign for a bit now
07:36 cait If someone wants to join:[…]/koha/
07:38 jajm cait: i'm about to push a new patch for the header search bar
07:39 jajm done
07:40 cait i'll look at the other things first, just started
07:40 cait i like the new sidebar look
07:40 cait[…]edesign/issues/30
07:44 cait jajm: is there something I could do to make your life easier to see which tested ok? so far I comment, because I can't change the labels I thnk
07:49 paulderscheid[m] morning #koha
07:49 cait good morning paulderscheid[m] :)
07:58 jajm cait: i'll look at github settings to see what i can allow people to do, but a comment is enough i think
07:59 cait ok, happy to do that, just wanted to check with you what you'd prefer
08:45 ashimema +1
08:53 cait jajm: does it makes sense to reset the sandbox now for the search bars?
08:56 jajm cait: i think so
08:56 cait ok, on it
09:12 cait jajm: maybe we shoudl also do a test of the search bar with an RTL script (Arabic or Hebrew) ?
09:13 cait i can't install those from the action menu in the sandbox
09:13 ashimema that's a good call cait
09:13 ashimema We should add an RTL lang to the sandbox options..
09:13 cait also... mobile - I believe hte last iteration has an issue with small screens (maybe before too)
09:15 jajm just tried with ar-Arab... it's completely broken of course :)
09:15 cait no super good news for small screens either
09:15 cait adding screenshots right now
09:17 ashimema is 'ar-Arab' a good one to have as an option on the sandboxes cait?
09:17 ashimema or would Hebrew be better?
09:18 ashimema or both I suppose..
09:18 ashimema it's a simple template change to add support
09:18 cait i think ar-Arab is the more complete one
09:18 cait at least it used to be a while ago
09:18 cait so we might get more 'effect'
09:19 cait while you are on it... maybe ukrainian?
09:19 cait that would also be interesting for the diacritics and script
09:19 ashimema whats the code for ukrainian?
09:19 cait uk
09:20 cait in pootle... not sure about koha sec
09:20 cait uk-UA
09:20 ashimema ta
09:34 cait someone ideas about a 500 error on returning items?
09:41 saa joined #koha
09:43 saa after upgrading my koha from 19.05 to 21.11 I am unable to issue return and my intranet error log shows error AH01215: Use of uninitialized value in string eq at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 784.: /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/errors/ I  am unable to see my libraries name under libraries in global system preferences
09:43 saa can someone help to sort out this error
09:50 saa [cgi:error] [pid 6606] [client] AH01215: Argument "" isn't numeric in numeric gt (>) at /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intranet-​tmpl/prog/en/modules/admin/ line 631
09:50 saa can someone help
09:50 saa i am getting this error
09:56 saa after upgrading i am unable to see libraries name how to sort out this error
09:57 saa can someone help
10:10 cait bbiab
10:10 cait saa:  tat's only a warning - your error shoudl be elsewhere
10:11 cait you have a problem with the API
10:11 cait that#s what the missing library list points to
10:12 cait ok then
10:15 saa joined #koha
10:16 saa cait can u help me to sort out issue of API
10:16 saa can u help me
10:16 saa i am unable to see my library name
10:16 saa in my kohaadmin page
10:22 saa cait why cannot i see my library name on my kohaadmin page
10:27 saa i would greatly appreciate your help
10:35 cait tehre have been several mails on the mailng ist about this
10:35 cait i think a held back pacakge is the issue most of the time
10:36 cait mtj still awake amybe?
10:36 cait check this thread here maybe: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29964
10:36 huginn` Bug 29964: normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , SMTP server list not populating
10:37 cait it's abut SMTP serves, but that's the same issue
10:42 cait[…]2-08-23#i_2446340
10:43 cait one solution is also outlined here:[…]-June/057978.html
10:45 oleonard joined #koha
10:45 cait hi oleonard :)
10:46 oleonard o/
11:30 cait jajm: taking a break... giving others a chance to comment
11:38 mtj hi cait, i will write that API troubleshooting guide now...
11:39 oleonard jajm: I still like the original design with centered table headers and columns but it only works if you can designate certain individual columns as being left-aligned.
11:42 oleonard The new search bar design works better to accommodate multiple fields but it's still unusable if you have both IntranetAddMastheadLibraryPulldown and IntranetCatalogSearchPulldown enabled (and your browser isn't maximized)
11:48 jajm should we move all secondary inputs into the "extra" filters area then ?
11:49 cait mtj: you'd do me a great favor
12:03 tcohen hola #koha
12:26 tcohen hola mtj cait
12:29 mtj hola tcohen 🐷
12:33 cait jajm: i think the extra filters is good
12:33 cait jajm: the idea to move there...
12:49 marie-luce joined #koha
12:51 khall_ joined #koha
12:57 khall joined #koha
13:02 arthur_ joined #koha
13:03 liliputech hi koha!
13:03 wahanui hi koha! is probably there a table in which i can see if a borrower has borrowed any books (or if library lended out any books) ?
13:05 cait hi liliputech
13:07 cait new stange thing... pull downs on advanced search, my coworkers swear it#s a different font?
13:07 magnuse huh, trying to install 22.05 with debian packages on ubuntu 20.04. the webinstaller says i have no Search::Elasticsearch and need "Minimum version: 6.80". apt-cache policy says i have 6.00-1 of libsearch-elasticsearch-perl. what am i missing? mtj?
13:07 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:07 magnuse hiya liliputech
13:08 cait hm isn't 6.0 lower than 6.8?
13:09 mtj magnuse: hiya.. 1 tic
13:09 magnuse cait: i would think so
13:09 khall joined #koha
13:13 khall_ joined #koha
13:13 cait but then the warning is right, isnt't it?
13:13 cait and I think you got to install elastic seaparate from Koha as it's not mandatory yet?
13:13 mtj magnuse: you are installing from koha repo? not koha-staging?
13:13 cait ah mtj *hands over*
13:13 magnuse mtj: yeah
13:14 magnuse mtj: deb 22.05 main
13:14 magnuse what is in my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
13:20 mtj ok ta
13:23 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "More details about "missing" Search::Elasticsearch" (36 lines) at
13:23 magnuse mtj: ^
13:27 mtj magnuse: ill push up the 6.80 package, just testing..
13:28 mtj its related to bug 25669
13:28 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25669 normal, P5 - low, ---, kevin.carnes, Needs documenting , ElasticSearch 6: [types removal] Specifying types in put mapping requests is deprecated (incompatible with 7)
13:29 mtj patch was pushed, but ES package wasnt updated from 6.00 to 6.80
13:39 magnuse mtj: still getting "Candidate: 6.00-1" from apt-cache cpolicy?
13:39 magnuse (after apt-get update)
13:40 magnuse ah, you didn't push yet :-)
13:40 magnuse sorry, i gotta run, will try again tomorrow
13:40 magnuse mtj++
13:42 mtj magnuse: youy can grab v6.81 from here, and install manually...
13:42 mtj https://debian.koha-community.[…]asticsearch-perl/
13:42 mtj ill wait for tests to finish before i push
13:43 mtj https://debian.koha-community.[…]1-1-koha1_all.deb
13:57 thd joined #koha
13:59 lukeg joined #koha
13:59 thd tcohen: Are you around?
14:05 tuxayo joined #koha
14:05 tuxayo He
14:05 tuxayo Hi
14:05 ashimema hola
14:06 ashimema ooh.. is there a meeting any minute?
14:06 ashimema yes..
14:06 ashimema I'll send my apologies now.. gotta go on the school run unexpectedly as the other half is running late.
14:06 ashimema bbiab
14:07 cait oh meeting time
14:07 jajm cait: i think i won't submit another patch today for bug 30952, so if you want to reset your sandbox, it's a good time to do so ;)
14:07 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30952 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , New design for staff interface
14:08 cait jajm: I can't spedn more time today - but can try to come back to it tomorrow
14:08 cait tuxayo: are you chariing?
14:09 cait anyone around for ht emeeting?
14:10 thd Yes
14:10 paulderscheid[m] o/
14:10 thd Not awake but around.
14:11 cait I can try chairing, give me another minute
14:11 cait #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 14 September 2022
14:11 huginn` Meeting started Wed Sep 14 14:11:54 2022 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:11 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:11 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_14_september_2022'
14:11 tuxayo Sorry, a bit late to open everyhting.
14:11 tuxayo cait: yes
14:12 cait #topic Introductions
14:12 cait #chair tuxayo
14:12 huginn` Current chairs: cait tuxayo
14:12 cait Please introduce yourself using #info
14:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:12 cait want to take over tuxayo?
14:12 paulderscheid[m] #info Paul Derscheid, LMSCloud GmbH, Munich, Germany
14:12 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:12 tuxayo If you want to have a chillier meeting, I can :
14:12 tuxayo * :)
14:13 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]14_September_2022 Today's agenda
14:13 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:13 cait we can work together :)
14:13 tuxayo ↑↑ agenda just updated so reload if you had it
14:13 * ashimema is on the school run so excuse the mobile typos
14:13 tuxayo ok cait :)
14:13 cait qa_team
14:14 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Limited, France
14:14 cait hm wahanui?
14:14 wahanui i am a conch
14:14 tuxayo rmaints?
14:14 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:14 cait qa_team?
14:14 wahanui i heard qa_team was cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
14:14 tuxayo qa_team?
14:14 wahanui i guess qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
14:14 cait maybe anoter minute
14:14 mtj hi folks, im about-ish
14:15 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:15 cait moving on.... :)
14:15 mtj hi thd, perhaps we can chat about wiki stuff after meeting?
14:15 cait #topic Announcements
14:15 thd yes mtj
14:15 liliputech #info Arthur Suzuki, BibLibre, France
14:15 tuxayo Anything to announce that doesn't fit more the other topics?
14:15 cait #info KohaCon next week! If you are attending, feel free to add yourself to arrivals and departures on the wiki: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/KohaCon22_Social
14:16 cait #link KohaCon22 website - presentations will also be streamed to YouTube
14:16 cait #info National Library of Finland to host KohaCon23 in Helsinki, Finland!
14:16 cait anyone else? :)
14:16 tuxayo :D
14:17 cait tuxayo: shall we move on?
14:17 tuxayo k
14:18 tuxayo #topic  Update from the Release manager (22.11)
14:18 cait tcohen: around?
14:18 tuxayo Let's bring back of the topic later if they show up
14:18 tuxayo #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:18 cait yep
14:18 tuxayo rmaints?
14:18 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:18 cait i think I have seen tuxayo ...
14:19 tuxayo ^^
14:19 tuxayo Need some catch up for oldoldstable/21.05.x.
14:19 tuxayo Otherwise, nothing much to say.
14:20 cait liliputech?
14:20 wahanui somebody said liliputech was not around - so I think we'll postpone that one again
14:20 cait forget liliputech
14:20 wahanui cait: I forgot liliputech
14:20 cait move on?
14:20 tuxayo #topic Updates from the QA team
14:20 tuxayo qa_team?
14:20 wahanui qa_team is probably cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
14:20 cait Riiiiight, that's me :)
14:20 cait (and more)
14:21 cait #info QAM is looking for some topic expert for LDAP - we got about 4 bugs waiting both queues since forever and I am calling for help!
14:22 tuxayo Patch testing session with french speakers last week had okay results compared to the time spend. Let's see how it goes with english speakers.
14:22 ashimema Are those ones I've already touched?
14:22 ashimema Have a feeling they are
14:22 cait #info QA Team is down another person with kohaputti leaving - thanks a lot for everything! You'll be missed!
14:22 ashimema Glad your patch testing sessions are going well tuyaxo
14:23 tuxayo #info monday 26th, patch testing session:[…]ember/058422.html
14:23 cait LDAP patches are specifically bug 30646, bug 17215, bug 29930 and bug 11808
14:23 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30646 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Add option to send WELCOME notice for new patrons added at first login via LDAP/SAML
14:23 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17215 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, janik.hilser, BLOCKED , Cardnumbers of patrons created using LDAP Replication not using autoMemberNum if configured
14:23 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29930 normal, P5 - low, ---, janik.hilser, Needs Signoff , Auth with LDAP: Update tag leads to unwanted updates
14:23 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=11808 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maryse.simard, Needs Signoff , When searching for a cardnumber in the intranet, also try to search for it on the LDAP server if one is configured and add/update user
14:24 cait tuxayo: do you want to info something about your patch testing session?
14:24 tuxayo I infoed the next one
14:24 tuxayo So it's okay
14:24 cait ah missed that in the bug noise
14:24 cait in other news... QA team please QA and testers please test :)
14:24 cait move on?
14:25 tuxayo #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:25 cait do you have the link by chance?
14:25 tuxayo #info
14:25 cait perfect
14:25 tcohen hi all
14:25 cait you are jsut on time
14:25 tuxayo thd, tcohen , mtj, anothing about the wiki migration
14:25 cait roadmap update? :)
14:26 cait yes, maybe start with wiki migration
14:26 thd I fixed a bug for generating the postmigration database.
14:26 thd I fixed a bug for generating the postupdate database.
14:27 mtj i have been AWOL for a bit re: wiki stuff, will have a catchup with thd
14:27 tcohen I'm catching up with things after being absent-ish last week
14:27 cait is it a matter of finding another date now?
14:28 cait I am keen to start properly categorizing wiki pages once we got the new editor for it :)
14:28 tcohen thd provided an export of the migrated data, which he also fixed yesterday
14:28 * ashimema had totally failed at working on roadmap as a priority this cycle
14:28 mtj thd++
14:28 tcohen the plan is to load it in
14:28 tcohen ASAP
14:28 ashimema Excellent
14:28 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
14:29 * tcohen is opening the roadmap, sorry
14:29 tcohen OK, yeah
14:29 cait we have a bunch on the actions from last meeting today - maybe only touch those that have news
14:29 thd I have also been testing MediaWiki Canasta Docker container but do not have sufficient experience working with Docker containers.
14:30 ashimema +1
14:30 tcohen * Task queue
14:30 cait #info Wiki update is to continue ASAP - thd fixed another error and we hope for news very soon
14:31 tcohen We've made good progress here. The important stuff has moved, adding an API for displaying jobs info is NQA
14:31 tcohen moving stage MARC import into the task queue is PQA, we are doing great
14:31 thd The bug fix was a newly introduced bug and trivial for moving some code a few lines.
14:32 cait #info Staff interface redesign (bug 30952) is being worked on intensely. You can use patches on bug to set up a sandbox, issues for the branch are tracked on github:[…]e-redesign/issues (lots of screenshots to see)
14:32 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30952 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , New design for staff interface
14:32 tcohen About the ERM and Vue, I've asked Agustin to look at the Vue integration done on that development. Any other Vue expert please take a look
14:32 cait #info Task queue: is moving along: API for jobs info is NQA, moving MARC import is PQA
14:32 tcohen C4::Biblio and C4::Items refactoring has moved steadily
14:33 tcohen lots of things already in master and old code removed
14:33 cait #info ERM Any Vue experts: Please have a look at the ERM development
14:33 tcohen CSRF prevention: we should do a 'CSRF day' in which we all chat about it, test it to make sure all is covered, and push it
14:34 cait #info Rewrite of C4::Biblio and C4::Items is progressing with some bigger patches pushed lately
14:34 cait do you want me to action you for calling that day?
14:34 cait :)
14:34 tcohen ok
14:34 ashimema ++
14:34 tcohen ashimema: anything to say about availability/policy in the Koha::* namespace
14:34 cait #action tcohen to schedule/call a "CSRF day" to work on related patches together
14:35 ashimema I need to get back on to it.. made lots of progress then went on vacation ;)
14:36 tcohen Not on the roadmap, but OAuth2/OIDC can already be tested, though it has on UI and the oauth providers need to be configured using the API <.<
14:36 tcohen[…]mits/oauth_client
14:36 tcohen working on the login form right now
14:36 cait maybe also note ont he bug?
14:36 cait I had been asked about that one :)
14:36 tcohen That branch is not expected to be polished :-D
14:36 tcohen ok, I will
14:36 cait thx
14:36 cait tcohen++
14:37 tcohen wow, time flies!
14:37 ashimema I've reviewed that one and it's all pretty solid looking to me
14:37 cait #info OAuth2/OIDC work is progressing, see[…]mits/oauth_client
14:37 ashimema Will be much easier to fully reviews once we have a simple configuration ui
14:37 tcohen absolutely, it should be submitted by the end of the week
14:37 cait great news overall!
14:37 cait team++
14:37 ashimema Awesome
14:38 cait ready to move on?
14:38 tcohen that's all, thanks everyone for the great submissions
14:38 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
14:38 tcohen also
14:38 cait ups
14:38 tcohen joonas++
14:39 ashimema joonas++
14:39 tuxayo joonas++
14:39 cait joonas++
14:39 tuxayo «ashimema needs to remove an introduced warning on bug 28854 tests (or test for its existence) »
14:39 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28854 new feature, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, RESOLVED FIXED, Add ability to create bundles of items for circulation
14:40 cait RESOLVED fixed... done?
14:40 ashimema I think I did that one
14:40 tuxayo "introduced warning"
14:40 ashimema Yup
14:40 tuxayo So it need a followup?
14:40 ashimema Done
14:40 cait follow-up pushed to master
14:40 tuxayo ok
14:40 cait next: liliputech (deferred from previous meetingx2) discuss koha CI (docker  image built + manual build) hosting on gitlab instance provided by  BibLibre's partner AFI.
14:41 tuxayo #action liliputech (deferred from previous meetingx3) discuss koha CI (docker  image built + manual build) hosting on gitlab instance provided by  BibLibre's partner AFI.
14:41 tuxayo @later tell liliputech any news about that?[…]2-09-14#i_2450094
14:41 huginn` tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
14:41 tuxayo next: «Katrin to update LTS wiki page with current information from last dev meeting»
14:42 cait I am sorry, I missed doing that
14:43 cait @action cait to update LTS wiki page
14:43 huginn` cait: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
14:43 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
14:43 tuxayo #action Katrin to update LTS wiki page with current information from last dev meeting
14:43 cait ah right
14:43 tuxayo next: «tcohen will make a counter proposal about public_read_list() »
14:43 cait do we have a bug number for that one?
14:44 tcohen I will go with Martin's idea of making it raise an exception
14:44 tcohen consider the action ended
14:44 ashimema I can't remember what we discussed around it.. oops
14:44 cait ashimema will file a bug making Koha::Object::public_read_list throw an exception
14:44 tuxayo ok
14:44 ashimema But happy to submit making it their an exception
14:45 ashimema Will do once gone from school run
14:45 cait rename the master branch to 'main'
14:45 cait I think this could have been a topic actually
14:45 tuxayo yes it is
14:45 cait hm we do have it int he next section too
14:45 cait ok, so maybe we move?
14:45 tuxayo I forgot to move it
14:46 tuxayo I moved it 5 min ago so juste refresh
14:46 cait #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
14:46 tuxayo #action ashimema will file a bug making Koha::Object::public_read_list throw an exception
14:46 tuxayo «Renaming "master" branch. To "main" for example»
14:46 cait Rename "master" branch - suggestion: main
14:46 cait heh
14:46 * tcohen likes
14:46 cait I thnk if we do it, maybe at the beginning of the cycle
14:47 mtj i bumped into a security bug recently, will log a bug
14:47 cait it might need quite a lot of changes in scripts etc so better to do that early cycle
14:47 tuxayo main gets the most support. Catalyst uses that since a 1year+ and no confusion issue in day to day usage.
14:47 cait I also liked dev or development as a suggestion
14:48 cait because it eplains a bit better - but was told main was some kind of new standard?
14:48 ashimema main is good..
14:48 ashimema Mmm
14:48 mtj #info im working on a wiki doc to fix API proiblems, will upload today
14:48 cait mtj++
14:48 cait will be so happy to have something to point people to :)
14:48 tuxayo «main was some kind of new standard?»
14:48 tuxayo Indeed
14:48 ashimema Dev is also fine with me
14:49 ashimema I find both main and trunk a little ambiguous
14:49 ashimema But most Devs will understand without any explanting
14:49 tcohen it's Gitlab's default
14:49 ashimema Expplanation
14:50 mtj 'main' does seem to be a newish popular choice, so... im happy with that :)
14:51 cait I am ok with it too
14:51 cait what i'd like is make sure we have all things working still...
14:51 cait like have some easy to go instructions for people like me what to change on local repos etc. :)
14:52 tuxayo Is main okay enough to go with it or does someone feel like doing a poll between that and the other choices?
14:52 ashimema Worth a global search on master in the wiki
14:52 mtj #info i'll aim to chat to arthur about the koha CI stuff on AFI
14:53 ashimema I'd just go for it
14:53 cait I am not sure what all is involved and how much this woudl disrupt workflows - so happy to just follow someone taking the lead really
14:54 tcohen what would be the benefits compared to using
14:54 cait happy to help with wiki changes when triggered to do so
14:54 tcohen is a good question
14:54 tuxayo So #agree about renaming "master" to "main"?
14:54 cait tcohen: isn't that a different topic?
14:55 tcohen about mtj's comment, sorry
14:55 cait oh right
14:55 tcohen let's make a vote please
14:55 cait tuxayo: yo or me?
14:55 tuxayo ok
14:55 cait you :)
14:57 tuxayo #startvote Renaming master branch to main? Yes, No, Another name would be way better, Asbtain
14:57 huginn` Begin voting on: Renaming master branch to main? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Another, name, would, be, way, better, Asbtain.
14:57 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:57 tuxayo oh no
14:57 tuxayo #endvote
14:57 huginn` Voted on "Renaming master branch to main?" Results are
14:57 cait the typo in abstain?
14:58 tuxayo #startvote Renaming master branch to main? Yes, No, Another_name_would_be_way_better, Abstain
14:58 huginn` Begin voting on: Renaming master branch to main? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Another_name_would_be_way_better, Abstain.
14:58 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:58 tuxayo Thanks cait
14:58 tuxayo #vote yes
14:58 cait #vote Yes
14:58 tcohen #vote Yes
14:58 thd #vote Yes
14:59 ashimema #vote Yes
15:00 bag joined #koha
15:00 cait tuxayo: got to step out for a moment
15:00 tuxayo k
15:00 tuxayo last seconds to vote
15:01 liliputech joined #koha
15:01 tcohen bag, kidclamp, khall, lukeg
15:02 oleonard #vote Yes
15:03 cait end vote?
15:03 tuxayo #endvote
15:03 huginn` Voted on "Renaming master branch to main?" Results are
15:03 huginn` Yes (6): cait, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, tcohen, thd
15:04 cait we do have quite a bit more topics but are over time already
15:04 tuxayo Last minute call to some people made me wait a bit :)
15:04 cait coudl those be postponed or is there something that needs resolving urgently?
15:04 tuxayo «how much this woudl disrupt workflows»
15:04 tuxayo My guess is likely not much after fixing all CI jobs. Locally it's about reminding to checkout main instead of master and deleting the local master. Which might cause some submission of patches that don't apply due to people not knowing/forgetting the change. The RMaint scripts should be ok.
15:04 mtj tcohen: re gitlab versus self-hosted - im not too sure of differences
15:04 cait my muscle memory will make this terrible for a whiel :)
15:05 cait (remembering to checkout main)
15:05 tuxayo #agreed Renaming master branch to main
15:05 cait so about the next topics?
15:05 tuxayo Who to volunteer to coordinate the change?
15:05 cait aah right!
15:06 cait who is taking the hat?
15:06 mtj tcohen: gitlab may allow us to use more 'runners', but we might hit limitations with gitlab too
15:06 tcohen I'm doing it
15:06 mtj tcohen++
15:06 tuxayo tcohen++
15:07 tuxayo tcohen: action for next meeting to have a date for the switch and list of stuff to change on that moment?
15:07 tcohen yes
15:08 tuxayo #action tcohen Date proposal for master→main change and draft of action list
15:09 tuxayo last topic about the CI stuff and we postpone reste?
15:09 cait sounds good to me
15:09 cait unless ES7 is a simple yes or no :)
15:09 mtj no :)
15:10 tuxayo It's about calling for volunteer to use it in production
15:10 tuxayo «what would be the benefits compared to using»
15:10 tuxayo This dates from the time it was uncertain for
15:11 tuxayo If people are motivated switch to community hosted, why not.
15:11 mtj #info i think we should aim to have koha 22.11 with ES7, running on deb11 and higher
15:12 tcohen +1
15:12 cait mtj: can you outline what is missing to achieve that?
15:13 mtj cait: all tests are passing now, so just updating doco and announcements
15:14 tuxayo I recall it was mentioned for ES 7 (and OpenSearch also I guess): A few instances using it in production to confirm nothing major is wrong.
15:14 tcohen I've gotta leave to take kids to school. Just a last comment: I'm favor of completely deprecating a distro support for new releases if not doing so would drain our energies
15:15 tcohen *an old distro version support*
15:15 mtj perhaps we suggest ES6 on koha-22.05 with deb10
15:15 cait we found bug 31471 testing package installation and kohadevbox - not sure if it relates to version, but seemed a good time to get some attention :)
15:15 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31471 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Duplicate check in cataloguing doesn't work with Elasticsearch
15:16 mtj ...and we suggest ES7 on koha-22.11 with deb11
15:16 cait is there something we should #info?
15:16 cait bit lost on this topic
15:17 tuxayo mtj: I'm not sure there is that much choice for a lot of implementer that it's useful to suggest a precise conbination.
15:17 tuxayo «is there something we should #info»
15:17 tuxayo Not yet, it's still unclear
15:18 mtj #info perhaps we suggest ES6 on koha-22.05 with deb10,  and ES7 on koha-22.11 with deb11
15:18 tuxayo «we suggest ES6 on koha-22.05 with deb10»
15:18 tuxayo ES 6 should be discouraged for all supported branches as soon as we announce ES 7 I think. Because ES 6 is not maintained since more than a year I think?
15:20 tuxayo 2022-02-10 actually
15:20 mtj #info good news is we do have ES7 tests passing on 22.05 and 21.11
15:21 ashimema dare I raise it.. but would switching from master to main also serve as a good juncture to finally carry out the repository split we've been considering for years
15:21 tuxayo And down to 21.05
15:21 tuxayo ashimema: It doesn't look like it would help. Not much has to be done locally by people having repos.
15:23 tcohen ashimema: just got back upstairs with that thought LOL
15:23 tuxayo mtj: Is that ok we aim to advertise ES7 for 22.11 release (and one all branches) and do it sooner if we get real world feedback.
15:23 ashimema great minds
15:24 * tcohen goes back downstairs
15:24 tuxayo So that people that will stay stuck on 21.05 know that ES7 is supported in case of new ES security release.
15:25 mtj tuxayo: sounds like a good plan to me
15:26 tuxayo #info Advertise support for ES7 for all branches on 22.11 release. Or sooner if ES7 real world feedback is enough in the meantime.
15:26 tuxayo ES7 topic closed
15:26 cait ok
15:26 tuxayo CI seems also
15:26 cait postpone mysql?
15:26 tuxayo Yes, postpone all the rest
15:27 cait ok :)
15:27 tuxayo I'll do it
15:27 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone « Are we supporting MySQL? (either 5.7 or 8.0) - CI only tests MySQL 8 on main/master. »
15:27 cait we shold also check if the calendar has updated after the meeting script has been run
15:27 cait tuxayo++
15:27 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone « SQL8 of our coding guidelines state that SQL should not be in .pl, but should be in the module in C4 or Koha. This would mean that SQL in the Koha namespace is allowed and there is no mention of DBIC in the coding guidelines right now. »
15:28 mtj tuxayo: i think tcohen said mysql 5.x has some nasty autoincrement problems
15:28 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone «Update guidelines with the replacement of jQueryUI Datepicker with flatpickr - introduced in bug 29239. And document the usage in the wiki»
15:28 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29239 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Replace jQueryUI's timepicker with flatpickr
15:28 tuxayo mtj: too late :P
15:28 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
15:29 cait 2 weeks wednesday?
15:29 tuxayo «we shold also check if the calendar has updated after the meeting script has been run»
15:29 tuxayo I think David N had to update the calendar manually
15:29 cait 28 September 2022
15:29 cait yeah, different people running the script had issues with it lately
15:29 tuxayo When is KohaCon again?
15:29 cait next week
15:29 wahanui next week is unknown for me.
15:30 cait so that woudl be after
15:30 tuxayo Ok 28 September then
15:30 tuxayo Let me check the last meeting
15:30 cait wahanui: feeling the same way
15:30 wahanui cait: i'm not following you...
15:30 cait the problem is, if the meeting script doesn't finish, the wiki is not updated witht he meeting minutes either
15:31 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 28 September 2022, 21 UTC
15:31 tuxayo Wait before ending
15:31 tuxayo Next meeting at this timeframe 12 october 14 UTC? (same hour)
15:33 tuxayo Let's go with it for now
15:33 tuxayo #info Next Americas-Europe slot meeting: 12 October 2022, 14 UTC
15:33 tuxayo #endmeeting
15:33 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Sep 14 15:33:25 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:33 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-09-14-14.11.html
15:33 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-09-14-14.11.txt
15:33 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]14-14.11.log.html
15:33 cait hm hope that works in the format
15:33 tuxayo Thanks all for attending
15:33 tuxayo cait++ thanks for co chairing
15:33 cait yep thanks for attending :)
15:34 cait tcohen: can you run meeting script?
15:34 tuxayo «hm hope that works in the format»
15:34 tuxayo The goal is to find it next meeting easily in the logs just to copy paste.
15:34 tuxayo Not for it to be parsed.
15:35 tuxayo Maybe that breaks stuff? ^^"
15:35 cait it does get parsed too :)
15:35 cait by the meetings script to create the new wiki page
15:36 tuxayo mtj: 5.7 there is still 1 year of upstream support but if no one asks for it we can not support it and even discourage it due to autoincrement issues.
15:37 tuxayo «it does get parsed too :)»
15:37 tuxayo Ho this is bad, ok I'll use ##action to still have it but to not mess thing
15:39 reiveune bye
15:39 reiveune left #koha
15:51 cait bye all!
15:53 cait left #koha
16:29 cait joined #koha
16:37 oleonard Sorry for missing 99% of the meeting, folks, pretty distracted here today
17:38 wajasu nice democratic voting. rename master to main.  just don't rename it ever again.  i'm getting to old to have the rug pulled out from under me when I get to each repo to develop.
17:39 wajasu i did find a nice article that you can configure in yout git config what that master/main is called.
18:12 sijobl joined #koha
18:12 ribasushi joined #koha
18:12 dcook_ joined #koha
18:17 alohalog` joined #koha
18:17 mtj joined #koha
18:25 thd tcohen: This morning as the meeting was ending I discovered that while Canasta may have automatically set 'db' for a newly created database name it used mediawiki as a database name restored from a dump.  The database connection problem which I had last night was for wrong database name.
18:32 liliputech joined #koha
19:00 tuxayo lukeg around?
19:21 fridolin joined #koha
19:42 lukeg joined #koha
19:56 ashimema joined #koha
20:08 ashimema joined #koha
20:13 rangi[m] joined #koha
20:19 dpk_ joined #koha
21:14 fridolin left #koha
22:04 thd tcohen: ElasticSearch indexing for the Wiki worked using 1 GB of RAM and reindexed the wiki in  less than 5 min. inside the Canasta Docker container.
22:06 davidnind[m] joined #koha
22:06 domm[m] joined #koha
22:06 Lea[m] joined #koha
22:06 KodoKorkalo[m] joined #koha
22:06 mtj[m] joined #koha
22:06 paulderscheid[m] joined #koha
22:06 SlackIntegration[m] joined #koha
22:06 SushiJames[m] joined #koha
22:06 tuxayo joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary