IRC log for #koha, 2021-10-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #430: FAILURE in 2 min 49 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/430/
00:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #368: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/368/
01:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D11 build #18: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D11/18/
01:26 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
01:26 wahanui Congratulations!
01:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #431: FIXED in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/431/
01:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U21 build #1: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_U21/1/
02:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #43: ABORTED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/43/
02:22 fridolin joined #koha
03:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #93: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D11/93/
04:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #8: FAILURE in 2 min 42 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D12/8/
04:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #75: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D9/75/
05:07 lmstrand joined #koha
05:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #44: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/44/
05:09 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
05:09 wahanui Congratulations!
05:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #9: FIXED in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_21.05_D12/9/
05:17 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
05:17 wahanui Congratulations!
05:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1780: FIXED in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1780/
05:18 fridolin1 joined #koha
05:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #214: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/214/
05:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1791: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1791/
05:56 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
05:56 wahanui Congratulations!
05:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #205: FIXED in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/205/
05:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #420: SUCCESS in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/420/
06:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #150: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/150/
06:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #327: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/327/
06:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #77: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U16/77/
06:17 lds joined #koha
06:27 reiveune joined #koha
06:27 reiveune hello
06:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #71: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1.05_U_Stable/71/
06:36 alex_a joined #koha
06:41 sophie_m joined #koha
06:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #73: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U18/73/
06:49 cait joined #koha
06:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D11 build #168: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D11/168/
06:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #79: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U20/79/
06:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U_Stable build #46: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0.11_U_Stable/46/
06:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D9 build #144: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.11_D9/144/
07:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U20 build #141: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U20/141/
07:09 Joubu mtj: Are you trying to fix the selenium failures?
07:23 cait tuxayo: still not translation updates
07:24 cait to explain... we are in string freeze, but no updates happened yet on Pootle and we are running out of time
07:24 cait or there are really no string changes... but I am not sure that's liley, line changes move strings too and change the files
07:37 Joubu cait: is it usually manually done by Bernardo?
07:38 Joubu Knowing him, I am pretty sure there is a script and he does not do it manually every month
07:41 cait i'd say the same, but we had issues another month too
07:41 cait not sure if it was last or the month before
07:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_U16 build #122: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_U16/122/
07:42 cait if the automatism is broken, we need to check on it
07:43 ashimema mornin'
07:43 cait morning ashimema
07:43 ashimema I have access to the translate server.. but not sure what needs doing
07:44 cait I think Joubu did something now
07:44 cait to manually start
07:44 ashimema there's not much in the cron
07:44 ashimema that's where I would expect to see this stuff
07:44 ashimema coolios
07:45 cait German is usually complete, so a good one to check
07:45 Joubu ashimema: I am on it
07:45 ashimema awesome
07:45 ashimema thanks Joubu
07:45 cait yes, thank you
07:45 cait Joubu++
07:45 ashimema must admit, every time I look at this stuff, things seem to have changed
07:46 ashimema and I struggle to remember how it all fits together
07:46 ashimema we should document it all some time
07:46 cait I have a meeting in a few minutes, but I can check again after
07:48 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
07:48 wahanui Congratulations!
07:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #45: FIXED in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/45/
07:58 Joubu It's very slow, it will take hours
08:12 ashimema the wiki is soooo slow these days
08:13 fridolin1 hi there
08:13 fridolin1 see you at meeting later
08:13 fridolin1 it will be 4am for me ^^
08:21 ashimema no-one interested in bug 27378 ?
08:21 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27378 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Enable compliance with EU Cookie Legislation via cookie consent
08:21 ashimema yikes
08:21 ashimema may have to move the meetings times around a bit next cycle aye fridolin1
08:22 alex_a joined #koha
08:23 fridolin1 its on the menu :)
08:24 mtj hey folks
08:25 mtj Joubu: yep, im trying to fix the selenium failures
08:27 mtj looks like there is some problems with Selenium::Remote::Driver and selenium v4
08:27 mtj[…]Driver/issues/452
08:28 mtj we may have to wait a while, until it is fixed
08:29 mtj[…]comment-852257114
08:29 mtj great to see that tuxayo has already spotted the problem
08:33 mtj Joubu: setting selenium to v3 in docker, gives us a workaround for now...
08:36 Joubu yep, just seen that. thx
08:39 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:39 mtj ashimema: there is a long running perldocs cronjob on the wiki server, that needs nice-ing
08:39 ashimema i see
08:39 ashimema thanks mtj
08:39 ashimema I wasn't aware of that
08:39 * ashimema is really hopeing beyond hope that we get a wiki upgrade next cycle
08:40 magnuse i just found the list of languages in koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/prog​/en/xslt/MARC21Languages.xsl am i right in thinking that the way to translate this is to add the codes with translated names to the LANG authorized value category?
08:43 Joubu the way to translate xsl files in 'en' should be the usual translation process (po)
08:46 cait magnuse: NOPE
08:46 cait argh
08:46 cait sorry, capslock
08:46 cait they show up in the po files, you don't need to do anything
08:46 magnuse hehe
08:46 cait there is an include to translate these and a script that updates them
08:46 magnuse ah ok, thanks Joubu and cait
08:47 cait he script is to update the xslt with new language codes - so you don't usually need that
08:47 magnuse dunno why i thought there was something dpecial going on there
08:47 cait it is special... because it works really nicely :)
08:47 cait although first time translation of all those languages was quite a task
08:47 magnuse heh yeah
08:49 Joubu cait: de-DE for 21.05 has been updated, can you confirm?
08:49 magnuse i guess the weird thing was they were not translted in a swedish setup, and i thought they were pretty complete, but i guess they are not
08:51 cait checking now
08:52 cait yes, we got strings there
08:52 cait
08:52 cait magnuse: hm could it be a NORMARC/MARC thing?
08:52 cait I am nto sure which po file they are in
08:54 Joubu misc/translator/po/sv-SE-marc-MARC21.po
08:54 Joubu then search for "MARC21Languages.xsl"
09:05 magnuse cait: nah, they use marc 21
09:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.11_D10 build #151: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.11_D10/151/
09:38 ashimema anyone know who OK wiki join requests these days?
09:39 Joubu cait
09:40 ashimema cait around?
09:40 wahanui cait around is cait cait1 cait2 cait3 cait4 cait5
09:45 tundunf joined #koha
09:45 tundunf hello!
10:14 alex_a joined #koha
10:18 oleonard Hi #koha
10:22 oleonard I discovered a bug with our JS-driven translation in the staff client...sometimes the "lang" variable ends up being "default"
10:23 oleonard If we load localization data using this check: [% IF lang && lang != 'en' %] ... Nothing will get loaded even if the interface isn't English
10:23 oleonard jajm around?
10:25 oleonard What's strange is that I see this problem on two versions of the same page: When adding a patron, the lang variable is correct. When editing a patron it isn't.
10:26 oleonard (discovered when trying to revive bug 26244)
10:26 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26244 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Move translatable strings out of and into JavaScript
10:27 Joubu oleonard: yes, I reported that somewhere, maybe not on its own bug
10:27 Joubu it's linked with the warning in the log
10:27 Joubu [2021/10/20 10:26:54] [WARN] File not found : default/js/locale_data.js at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/Template/Plugin/ line 84.
10:27 Joubu because we are passing vars to the template using lang => borrowers.lang
10:28 Joubu 816 $template->param(%data);
10:28 Joubu that (bad) line
10:29 oleonard Ah, so it's overwritten
10:29 Joubu oleonard: see also 28768
10:29 Joubu same problem, same error, same cause
10:29 Joubu different page however :)
10:32 oleonard So the solution is to fix that line...and then rewrite most of the template :(
10:33 Joubu shouldn't be hard, but tedious
10:37 oleonard $template->param( borrower => %data ); ?
10:42 oleonard Joubu? ^^
11:05 Joubu oleonard: we should use patron that is passed at the end of the script
11:05 Joubu then patron.$attr in the template
11:05 Joubu but there is a %newdata vs %data in the .pl that needs attention
11:16 marcelr joined #koha
11:16 marcelr hi #koha
11:18 PerplexedTheta joined #koha
11:23 kidclamp joined #koha
11:34 oleonard I would personally run on the hamster wheel that keeps splitter going if that would help
11:41 oleonard Under what circumstances is borrowers.lang set?
11:44 alex_a joined #koha
11:51 tcohen hi all
11:52 PerplexedTheta joined #koha
11:52 oleonard Hi tcohen
11:54 Joubu oleonard: lang for a patron can be set from the edit patron form when TranslateNotices is turned on
11:55 PerplexedTheta joined #koha
11:55 oleonard Thanks Joubu I hadn't seen that before.
11:57 tcohen Joubu: should it be always enabled?
12:03 Joubu I don't know. It should only be available if the library translated their notices
12:15 marcelr any people testing bug 19532 while it still applies ??
12:15 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
12:22 ashimema I won't be.. not enough time and if rather see the ByWater plugin submitted really
12:26 marcelr ashimema: you made a good comment some time ago
12:26 marcelr on that report
12:26 marcelr :)
12:28 ashimema A massive amount has gone under the bridge on that bug..
12:28 marcelr under the bridge?
12:28 ashimema Can't remember what I said, but I do remember trying really hard to help it move forward but getting blocked at every turn
12:29 ashimema Oh, is that another English term that doesn't translate
12:29 marcelr you said that it should be based on reserves and not next to it
12:29 marcelr very short
12:29 ashimema 'a lot of water gone under the bridge'.. i.e. things have moved on.. forget the past and move on too.. sorta thing
12:31 ashimema It's funny.. with my current bookings work I've come at it could completely fresh.. but I'm not drawing loads of comparisons with holds and wondering if I've made the same mistake myself
12:31 ashimema Thats all still work in progress though
12:32 ashimema Queues Vs Date periods.. are they different enough.. in my case
12:40 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:40 cait ashimema: i have someone asking for your booking feature :)
12:41 cait is it correct that the first patches don't allow limiting by branch or making bookins from opac?
12:41 cait 29002
12:42 cait oh i just came into the right discussion it looks like?
12:42 cait still looking for someone to help with wiki?
12:43 ashimema There's loads more on my local Dev branch Cait.. wahts posted was just a taster to show it's started
12:44 cait ok, that's waht I'll answer them then
12:44 cait we are just in migration so a little early to make them testers, but maybe a little later
12:44 ashimema Right now I've not tied it in with circ rules at all... Aim is to do so,bl but our customer is single branch and the deadline is crazy tight to show them the minimum
12:44 cait understandable
12:45 cait i think opac side and branch limit would maybe be logical additions later
12:45 ashimema Opac side is in the works.. hardest bit is working out how to expose it nicely .
12:45 ashimema That and bib Vs item level.. that's a real mind breaker at the moment
12:46 ashimema Similar kind of limits to holds too.. like how many bookings in a period different user may make
12:46 ashimema Thats all on the cards.. I should write a clear spec but it's kinda evolving as the customer keeps changing their mind
12:46 marcelr bug 29002
12:46 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29002 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, NEW , Add ability to book items ahead of time
12:47 marcelr ah loan slots interesting
12:48 marcelr i just did not know what a booking should be, ashimema
12:48 Joubu isn't it just a hold with a specific status?
12:49 marie-luce joined #koha
12:50 marcelr yeah it seems so but together with a guarantee
12:51 marcelr lots of fun when holds, article requests, recalls and bookings come together !
12:52 Joubu marie-luce: Hey, did you see my comment about the patron's notes?
12:52 ashimema Indeed
12:53 ashimema I wanted to attack it as entirely fresh/ pastures
12:53 ashimema Because I didn't want to challenge or re-writing holds
12:53 ashimema Anyways
12:54 ashimema We'll see how it goes
12:54 cait marcelr: i think you hit the nail on the head :)
12:54 cait a guarantee that the item will be there and available for a certain time slot
12:54 cait like booking rooms
12:55 ashimema yup
12:56 ashimema holds is a queue
12:56 cait Joubu: we might have an issue:
12:56 cait there is an error
12:56 cait MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not  able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are  disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.
12:56 ashimema bookings is guaranteed dates.. no queue
12:56 cait translation no longer possible :(
12:56 marcelr ashimema: guarantee until the corner, do you know that?
12:56 marcelr when you buy an older car..
12:56 ashimema ?
12:57 marcelr when you pull to the left, the guarantee is over
12:57 marcelr meaning what about if the item is still unavailable for the booking ?
12:57 marcelr not returned in time
12:57 ashimema then you have a problem
12:58 ashimema but a booking is more of a contract than a loan
12:58 ashimema no renewals
12:58 ashimema no extensions
12:58 ashimema like a hotel room booking
12:58 ashimema you vacate the room at the end of your stay.. you don't just decide to stay longer
12:58 marcelr ah we'll find you another book, dont worry, haha
12:59 ashimema for context.. this customer actually loans whole collections out to schools for entire terms
12:59 marcelr interesting
12:59 ashimema so they deliver the collection to the school at the beggining of term and then collect it again at the end.
13:00 marcelr we are already used dates for the holds a bit like bookings
13:00 ashimema cait still around?
13:00 ashimema awesome.. looks like you already let my colleagues in to the wiki 🙂
13:00 marcelr i need this book in the readingroom between date A and B
13:00 ashimema no escaping community now
13:01 ashimema do you only allow one hold on an item at a time?
13:01 ashimema for that period?
13:01 marcelr no the first is the winner
13:02 marcelr current holds logic
13:02 ashimema i certainly see the parallels
13:02 marcelr right
13:05 PerplexedTheta Yes - thanks for letting us into the Wiki, and hello IRC :-)
13:10 * magnuse waves to PerplexedTheta from norway
13:13 * PerplexedTheta waves back. Remembering how to use IRC again!
13:14 Joubu cait: temporarily fixed
13:20 Joubu cait: server is running out of disk space again, trying to reach Bernardo via Tomas
13:21 tcohen nkg
13:21 tcohen bgkriegel is trying to solve it
13:23 tcohen he says the mysql binlogs fill the disk
13:23 tcohen he's doing some cleanup
13:25 koha-jenkins joined #koha
13:27 * oleonard is unhappy with the bad feelings associated with Bug 19532
13:27 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
13:28 cait Joubu: thank you!
13:28 cait Joubu++ bgkriegel++
13:29 cait maybe that's why the automatism didn't work either?
13:31 tcohen the MariaDB server it uses, is set with a primary/replica setup. It seems there was a problem with the replica, and thus the binarylogs filled the disk. That's why the automatic runs were failing as well
13:34 tuxayo hi :)
13:37 sta joined #koha
13:44 oleonard tcohen: Can you use the API to search for a vendor by  name?
13:44 tcohen err, I think so
13:44 thd joined #koha
13:45 tcohen Koha version?
13:45 oleonard I'm working in master and thinking about autocomplete for vendors on the subscription add page
13:45 tcohen sure
13:45 tcohen[…].html#tag/vendors
13:46 tcohen I think we need to add the q= parameter to that route
13:46 tcohen Joubu: can I add the q param to all missing routes in master for 21.11?
13:46 tcohen I've been doing it as-needed, but a global approach should really be done
13:46 * ashimema would absolutely love to see that happen
13:47 ashimema I've also been doing it on an ad-hoc basis but it would be lovely to be able to just say 'it works for all cases' in the docs
13:48 tuxayo @later tell mtj oops sorry for the time you spent investigating that. I forgot to tell that our test suite was going to break when Selenium 4 is shipped by default. I let that happen to have an alarm for when v4 is mature enough so we can switch to it. I opened and took bug 29285 for that.
13:48 huginn` tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
13:49 ashimema oleonard around?
13:50 oleonard Yes
13:50 ashimema I've never really pondered it before
13:50 ashimema but..
13:50 ashimema is there a reason we generally put the left menu div's at the bottom and use col-sm-pull to position them rather than just putting them at the top in semantic order?
13:51 tcohen If the RM approves, I will file a bug and submit the patch
13:52 oleonard ashimema: Because I didn't think putting the menu at the top was the correct order. I'm not sure how you define "semantic" here.
13:52 ashimema fair
13:52 ashimema semantic probably isn't the best name
13:53 ashimema but generally html pages are built left to right top to bottom in my experience..
13:53 ashimema it doesn't really matter.. I just wondered why we did it this way.
13:53 oleonard The intention was to put relevant content higher on the page
13:54 ashimema good a reason as any
13:54 ashimema thanks 🙂
13:55 Joubu tcohen: yes, please
13:55 tuxayo meeting in 5 min!
13:55 Joubu (q param)
13:55 tcohen Joubu++
13:55 tuxayo rmaints?
13:55 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
13:56 tuxayo qa_team?
13:56 wahanui qa_team is probably cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
13:56 ashimema aloha
13:56 ashimema wonder if poor fridolin woke up
13:56 cait oh hey :)
13:58 Joubu We need a IRC meeting facilitator, or at least somebody else to take over me
13:58 Joubu I won't chair and update the wiki page next cycle
13:58 cait maybe good to ask around in a moment in the meeting?
13:58 ashimema I totally failed at it this time so wasn't going to step up
13:59 cait one more minute!
14:00 * tcohen prepares the champagne
14:00 marcelr that is a facilitator :)
14:00 kellym joined #koha
14:00 kellym a
14:00 cait fasten your seat belts...
14:00 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 20 October 2021
14:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed Oct 20 14:00:56 2021 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_20_october_2021'
14:01 cait #topic Introductions
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:01 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions, Cordoba, Argentina
14:01 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum, The Netherlands
14:01 kellym #info Kelly McElligott, ByWater Solutions
14:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:01 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_20_October_2021 Today's agenda
14:01 cait Please intoduce yourself using #info!
14:01 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:01 cait #chair ashimema
14:01 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema cait
14:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:02 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Corporation, France
14:02 caroline_crazycatlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Quebec, Canada
14:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, Mosquitos City
14:02 cait It's been a little while, so have some patience with me :)
14:02 petrova #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:03 cait ok moving on!
14:03 cait #topic Announcements
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:04 cait Any announcements? Please just speak up now, I will info
14:04 Joubu I've started brewing again
14:04 tcohen JOubu++
14:04 tuxayo any recent news about the KohaCon?
14:04 cait #info Joubu has started brewing again
14:04 ashimema 🍻
14:04 caroline_crazycatlady XD
14:05 cait tuxayo: I haven't seen much, but I thought registration was open
14:05 ashimema I think an invitation to attend email went out last week
14:05 tuxayo Indeed
14:05 ashimema it ended up in my spam
14:05 cait #info Kohacon21 registrations are open at
14:06 ashimema mostly calling for sponsors looking at it.
14:06 cait does someone know if it#s hybrid / online only registration possible?
14:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #204: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/204/
14:06 ashimema as I've not managed to get any feedback from them at all I think we can only assume it's in person only
14:06 cait it's unfortunate - maybe somethign to discuss for the bidding process later today
14:07 cait moving on?
14:07 Joubu I don't think I received the email
14:07 cait maybe only to possible sponsors?
14:07 ashimema it was marked as spam for me Joubu
14:07 ashimema and it wasn't to me personally.. it was to the company info address
14:07 Joubu would be good to point it to Michael for the monthly newsletter
14:07 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens
14:07 khall joined #koha
14:07 tuxayo I think in was in the call for candidatures, to be hybrid
14:07 cait hi kidclamp ;)
14:08 cait tuxayo: yes, but we need to make that maybe a little stronger?
14:08 tuxayo yes!
14:08 ashimema yup, it was indeed tuxayo
14:08 cait good chance to improve on process
14:08 cait let's move on
14:08 cait #topic Update on releases
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:08 cait rmaints?
14:08 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
14:08 ashimema personally.. as it's over xmas week here I won't be able to attend online or in person
14:08 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
14:09 cait you know who you are, any updates?
14:09 cait ah maybe
14:09 Joubu #info 21.11 Feature freeze is end of next week!
14:09 cait #info While we are in string freeze the strings weren't updated yet due to technical issues for the next versions
14:10 tuxayo nothing to report for 20.05.x
14:10 tuxayo thanks cait for noticing that and digging
14:10 cait so far only strings for 21.05 appeared for de-DE
14:10 cait is that worth pushing release a little?
14:11 cait about 500 strings
14:11 tuxayo It's scheduled for around the 25h, is that enough?
14:11 cait no tusre how fast it will be fixed, but maybe worth another email to translators
14:11 tuxayo Should there be new strings for other releases as well?
14:11 cait my guess is if nothing shows up they just assume it's done already
14:12 cait i am not sure, it was quite a bit for 21.05, but I am not quite done yet
14:12 Joubu the script is currently running, it will take several hours
14:12 tuxayo ok, it's WIP
14:13 tuxayo #action tuxayo send a new call for translators after the Pootle sync is finished
14:13 cait #info Translators: keep an eye out for new strings showing up tonight or tomororw
14:13 cait thx tuxayo :)
14:13 cait ok, moving on?
14:13 tuxayo so no postponing the release?
14:13 cait when is it planned for?
14:13 cait 25th might still be ok
14:13 tuxayo the 25th
14:13 cait hm although, weekend, not sure
14:13 tuxayo just because the 23th was a saturday
14:14 cait if we could inform them tonight i think 2 days would probably be ok
14:14 cait and then make sure it works out normally next release?
14:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #701: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/701/
14:14 tuxayo I'll ask the RMaint if the 27th is ok
14:14 cait ok
14:14 tuxayo so it will be a week from now
14:15 tuxayo As it's the last release of this cycle
14:15 cait #action tuxayo to check on pushing the release dates to 27th to give translators chance to catch up
14:15 cait true
14:15 tuxayo thanks
14:15 cait it might be the last updates for a version
14:15 cait moving on
14:15 cait #topic KohaCon22 bidding process
14:15 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon22 bidding process (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:15 cait I am not sure but I might have added that one
14:15 cait I think it's already time again
14:15 cait so people get a bit of time for planning...
14:16 cait as a reference
14:16 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon21_Proposals KohaCon21 bidding page
14:16 cait Maybe some questions:
14:16 tuxayo «Venue: National Library of Pakistan (Both In person and Online) »
14:17 ashimema good point
14:17 cait 1) are we still aiming for a hybrid one 2022?
14:17 tuxayo So it's suposed to be hybric
14:17 tuxayo *hybrib
14:17 tuxayo I'll ask for confirmation
14:17 cait it's uspposed to be in November too...
14:17 cait but asking woudl be good, I didn't receive a reply on Twitter
14:17 oleonard If they completely changed the dates who knows what else they changed.
14:18 ashimema Yup, I asked by email and twitter about the date change
14:18 ashimema neither got a response
14:18 cait harsh :(
14:19 cait I think we all hope to travel again in 2022... but shoudl we keep hybrid as an option for the bidding?
14:19 cait it enables people to attend that couldn't otherwise... so I'd like if we made a strong notion for streaming
14:19 marcelr isnt hybrid here to stay?
14:19 ashimema I think it's nice to have the hybrid option
14:19 tuxayo +1
14:19 cait +1
14:19 caroline_crazycatlady I agree it should at least be streamed or recorded
14:19 ashimema but it certainly adds a challenge for the organisors
14:19 tcohen no, marcelr. we will we through this victoriously
14:19 tcohen hah
14:19 ashimema agreed
14:20 cait woudl someone volunteeer to put up a bidding draft?
14:20 cait (other than me preferrably?)
14:21 cait maybe as an action for next meeting we could check over the processes page and update our gudielines?
14:21 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sses_for_KohaCons
14:21 thd The pandemic is not yet expected to be significantly over next year for worldwide vaccination levels.  Maybe less of a concern for the rich world.
14:21 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sses_for_KohaCons Processes for KohaCons
14:21 cait we could put something about having to inform community about major changes to bid
14:22 thd Every conference should be hybrid if it can be irrespective of pandemics.
14:22 oleonard My only hesitation about requiring hybrid is that it might exclude some folks who lack the resources for it.
14:22 oleonard But I would like to have hybrid be a requirement.
14:23 cait if we get more than one bid it could well influence the outcome
14:23 cait if oly one volunteer a little harder if it's not a requirement i guess
14:23 cait recording maybe as an alternative option?
14:23 tuxayo Indeed including attendants that can't travel might exclude some organizer than can't take the addition workload.
14:23 thd Changes create a real problem for people planning to attend but I also remember venue availability problems for the organisers.
14:23 tuxayo Still worth pushing for hybrid IMHO
14:24 cait thd: it hink the main issue is the lack of information
14:24 oleonard I wonder if we could say that we would withhold support from a conference if they are not responsive to communication after the bid has been accepted (support being publicity, mostly)
14:24 cait and that the chosen dates are such a clash with holidays
14:24 thd Yes, communication is paramount.
14:25 cait #info Discussion: withhold support from a conference if they are not responsive to communication after the bid has been accepted (support being publicity, mostly)
14:25 ashimema Agreed about changes... it's not really a community conference at this point to me.. the date change is huge and the lack of communication throughout doesn't really mean I think of it as koha-community at all.
14:25 thd We do not know about excessive spam prevention measures in email.  Sometimes, the telephone is useful when other means are insufficient.
14:26 ashimema regarding hybrid approach.. I think we as a community should be able to support that even if the organising group cannot.. there are some fairly big companies here who I'm sure could contribute technologies required if needed.
14:26 cait it's a good thought
14:26 ashimema X sponsored the videoconferencing this year.. for example.. so I don't think it should be seen as a blocker
14:26 fridolin joined #koha
14:27 cait #info Discussion: hybrid/recording - optional or required?
14:27 ashimema we should perhaps make that clear.. if you're offering to organise the conference you don't have to do it entirely in a vacuum.. ask for help 😉
14:27 cait #idea would it be possible that companies help providing technical equipment/help for streaming if required?
14:27 fridolin hi sorry late
14:27 cait thx for being here so early actually :)
14:28 cait 4am?
14:28 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:28 fridolin indeed ^^
14:28 cait i think we had a requirement to sent a representative to IRC meetings
14:28 cait what channel/who shoudl they communicate to?
14:28 cait especially if we vote to have less general meetings
14:28 cait we don't have a council or anything you could address
14:28 marcelr yeah that would be expected
14:29 cait and I am still lookign for someone to put up bidding page :)
14:29 cait i can try to put up a draft... and then ask for feedback on IRC?
14:30 marcelr cait++
14:30 cait #action cait to put up a bidding for KohaCon22 draft page
14:30 caroline_crazycatlady Ican copy the 2021 page if no one else can
14:30 thd If we vote to have fewer general meetings some issues may need to be raised in a developer's meeting even if that is to schedule a general meeting or kohacon meeting etc.
14:30 * cait immedately hands over to caroline_crazycatlady
14:30 caroline_crazycatlady lol
14:30 cait #action cait hands over to caroline_crazycatlady, but offers proof reading/help
14:30 cait moving on?
14:30 caroline_crazycatlady I'll do it right away, otherwise i'll forget
14:30 tuxayo > the chosen dates are such a clash with holidays
14:30 tuxayo Yes, with christian related countries. We could ask the proposal to avoid (even when changing afterwards) these dates + Chinese new year and the most relevant ones for Islam related countries. (Ramadan ?)
14:31 cait #action ALL suggestions for changes to KohaCon process page until next meeting
14:31 tuxayo ok
14:31 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
14:31 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:31 cait #info There were no actions (that will change)
14:32 cait #topic Vote about rescheduled General IRC meetings
14:32 Topic for #koha is now Vote about rescheduled General IRC meetings (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:32 ashimema 🙂
14:32 cait I am not too happy about 2 per year, but could do with less
14:32 tuxayo which is the KohaCon process page ?
14:32 cait would be quarterly or bi-monthly be an idea?
14:32 cait i linked earlier, sec
14:32 marcelr when will they be ?
14:32 ashimema I was coming around to once a quarter
14:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #320: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/320/
14:32 ashimema 4 per year
14:32 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]sses_for_KohaCons
14:32 ashimema with the option of adding ad-hoc ones as required
14:33 ashimema I think 12 per year is just too many and means none are well attended
14:33 marcelr timezones..
14:33 cait i thnk with kohacon in mind 4 is minimum
14:33 cait also... elections
14:33 cait one month before release and 3 months in between?
14:33 kidclamp if 4 per year, should we return to 2 time per meeting? so all times zones can attend?
14:34 koha-jenkins joined #koha
14:34 fridolin good idea
14:34 marcelr +1
14:34 tuxayo 2 time per meeting?
14:34 oleonard Alternating when the meeting is
14:34 tuxayo twice the same day at different hours?
14:34 tuxayo oh ok
14:34 marcelr no
14:35 oleonard No, two meetings in the day?
14:35 cait #startvote How many general meeetings should we hold annually? (12, 4, 2)
14:35 huginn` Begin voting on: How many general meeetings should we hold annually? Valid vote options are , 12, 4, 2, .
14:35 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:35 * ashimema asks the question.. what are we discussing at these meetings
14:35 cait i think 2 in a day are not really great for elections
14:35 marcelr the number of meetings lol
14:35 Joubu discuss the date and time of the next meeting
14:35 cait only for info
14:35 ashimema perhaps we should stick to monthly but only hold them if there's a minimum number of agenda items to cover?
14:35 tuxayo KohaCon, Election, the number of meeting
14:35 thd I am concerned that we are excluding people but the second meeting times became so little attended that they may not have been thought worthwhile by attendees.
14:36 oleonard #vote 4
14:36 thd #vote 4
14:36 Joubu #vote 2
14:36 cait #vote 4
14:36 ashimema #vote 4
14:36 fridolin #vote 4
14:36 marcelr #vote 4
14:36 tuxayo #vote abstain
14:36 huginn` tuxayo: abstain is not a valid option. Valid options are , 12, 4, 2, .
14:36 tuxayo I know!
14:36 cait oh sorry
14:36 cait i forgot abstain
14:37 kellym #vote 4
14:37 tuxayo no worries :P
14:37 kidclamp #vote 4
14:37 cait i'll give you another moment
14:37 tcohen #vote 4
14:37 nugged #vote 4
14:38 cait closing vote....
14:38 tuxayo It's just that I don't know what to pick so I leave it to you folks
14:38 cait #endvote
14:38 huginn` Voted on "How many general meeetings should we hold annually?" Results are
14:38 huginn` 2 (1): Joubu
14:38 huginn` 4 (10): cait, oleonard, ashimema, marcelr, kidclamp, fridolin, tcohen, nugged, thd, kellym
14:38 cait #agreed General IRC meetings to be held quarterly / 4 times a year
14:38 cait ok, next is when
14:38 cait is one month before release early enough for team vote?
14:38 cait that would be
14:38 marcelr and the time zones
14:39 cait April, July, Oktober, Janury
14:40 cait i think if we mainly hold elections and use it for community decisons twice a day won't work well
14:40 cait better to maybe rotate times... and less often gives it maybe more importance
14:40 tuxayo yes ^^"
14:40 cait ok with months?
14:40 oleonard April, July, October, & January sounds good to me.
14:40 marcelr yes
14:40 fridolin +1
14:40 thd Joubu: If two of four meetings are considered non-critical and very poorly attended, we may yet have two meetings per year.
14:41 cait #agreed General meetings will be held April, July, Oktober, January
14:41 cait we are getting closer
14:41 cait first Wednesday each month?
14:41 marcelr great
14:41 cait or is that bad for january?
14:41 cait then maybe second wednesday
14:42 marcelr greater
14:42 thd I prefer something other than the first Wednesday.
14:42 fridolin second is better
14:42 cait #agreed Date is the second Wednesday of a month
14:42 thd ... something other than the first Wednesday in genral.
14:42 cait closing in
14:42 cait times
14:43 cait i think this is too big
14:43 cait can we decide on the time for hte next meeting in Janaury?
14:43 cait and then move on from there?
14:43 ashimema sounds good to me
14:43 marcelr rotate 8 or 12 hours ?
14:43 cait we could make it a first topic
14:43 thd cait++
14:43 cait and ask people to supply their suggestions beforehand
14:43 cait i'll set a reminder
14:44 cait #action cait to set a reminder about sending a reminder emai for next general IRC and adding drafts for things
14:44 cait what was today?
14:44 cait as a starting point?
14:44 cait 14:00 UTC  ok?
14:44 cait will be an hour earlier then I think here... daylight savings
14:44 ashimema yup
14:45 cait #agreed The January meeting will be held on 14 UTC, later meeting times to be decided
14:45 cait great
14:45 cait moving on? :)
14:45 fridolin yup
14:45 cait #topic Elections / Roles for 22.05
14:45 Topic for #koha is now Elections / Roles for 22.05 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 20 October 2021)
14:46 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_22.05 Roles for 22.05
14:46 cait ok, first thing: I'd like to vote for the whole "list" togehter, but not if there is a veto
14:46 marcelr we miss packgaging and translation ?
14:46 cait and if there are any questions about candidates, we should deal with that now
14:46 cait yes, missing roles we also need to discuss
14:46 caroline_crazycatlady #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon22_Proposals
14:47 Joubu dev install in English!
14:47 marcelr caroline_crazycatlady++
14:47 ashimema is Wainui really going to continue supporting 19.11?
14:47 cait yes
14:47 tuxayo oops, there is a hole in the RMaint proposals. I would say Wainui can still RMaint 20.05.x and have an in-house 19.11.x if catalyst needs it. But I forgot to ask.
14:47 cait See rangi's mail from yesterday
14:47 Joubu yes, it's on the list
14:47 cait i don't think they offer for themselves
14:47 tuxayo ok, I'll see
14:48 cait it' sgoing to be our first LTS possibly
14:48 Joubu we won't call it LTS until we have a more global discussion, but yes, that would be a plan
14:48 cait so maybe having the 'hole' is ok ?
14:48 Joubu ofc
14:48 * ashimema sees no email from chris
14:48 Joubu koha-devel
14:48 Joubu security improvements topic
14:49 cait heh
14:49 tuxayo > so maybe having the 'hole' is ok ?
14:49 tuxayo Right, actually that doesn't block anything technically, does it?
14:49 cait she knows the version, has everything set up, they offer to continue - makes sense for me
14:49 fridolin i think we should avoid working on 20.05, we can have a gap
14:49 cait ok, but then we shoudl remove it and have a discussion about LTS next dev?
14:49 oleonard[…]org/msg12593.html
14:49 tuxayo It kinda forbids 19.11.x => 20.05.x upgrade but hopefully it's not needed
14:49 cait or ... mailingl ist of course
14:50 cait it shoudl not
14:50 cait our database updates are idempotent for a while
14:50 cait or shoudl be
14:50 Joubu first ML, this email should get more attention, also about the other questions/suggestions
14:50 cait so that shoudl not hurt updates
14:51 cait #info Please check the discussion on a LTS version of Koha in the security improvements thread on koha-devel
14:51 tuxayo > our database updates are idempotent for a while
14:51 tuxayo if 19.11.x get a DB change next cycle, then it would work if and instance move to 20.05.x afterwards
14:51 tuxayo But we could say that's ok
14:51 tuxayo 20.05.x is dropped, that's all
14:51 cait hm we might want to discourage jumping to 20.05.. yeah
14:52 cait but i don't think a database change is likely for now - we will see
14:52 * ashimema thinks if we're going LTS we should reduce the number of other stables we support
14:52 fridolin sure, Ubuntu for example you must jump from old LTS to new LTS
14:52 cait maybe step by step?
14:52 ashimema more QA people, less maintainers
14:52 fridolin you cant go to an instable between
14:52 cait can we postpone LTS discussion to dev meeting?
14:52 marcelr yes
14:53 cait #action tuxayo to add LTS to next dev meetings agenda
14:53 fridolin sure
14:53 tuxayo ok
14:53 cait so, any other questions for roles/volunteers?
14:53 oleonard Can we continue with a team vote even though there are gaps? I don't think there would be any contention about volunteers after a vote.
14:53 cait sorry, can you rephrase?
14:53 thd Can we draft anyone now quickly  for empty roles?
14:54 cait contention?
14:54 tcohen I added myself to CI
14:54 marcelr tcohen++
14:54 cait The big gaps are tranlation manager
14:54 cait packaging team
14:54 cait irc meeting
14:54 tuxayo same confusion for me ^^ «contention about volunteers»
14:54 cait but the first 2 are crucial
14:54 cait i think having a vote and then appointing them more iformally maybe?
14:54 marcelr does bernardo stop?
14:54 cait or agree to meet again in a week
14:55 cait i haven' theard about him stopping, he might just have missed the wiki page
14:55 ashimema 'contention' - meaning 'nobody would be upset at people volunteering later.. we'd all likely vote them in'
14:55 tcohen he's typing his answer on WhatsApp
14:55 cait tcohen: do you know? call him? heh
14:55 Joubu Bernardo is always late for the role
14:55 ashimema yup
14:55 tcohen he's in
14:55 ashimema would be nice to have some new blood in translations
14:55 marcelr solved
14:55 ashimema but bernardo keeps it ticking along
14:55 oleonard Is Liz Rea currently website maintainer?
14:55 cait she is running the website
14:55 cait her infrastructure i think
14:55 jzairo joined #koha
14:55 Joubu mtj will certainly continue as packager manager
14:56 cait i've been making some updates on content
14:56 cait like listings for the support providers
14:56 Joubu otherwise he would have told us I think
14:56 tuxayo ashimema: thanks for clarification. yes, no risk of contention I think.
14:56 cait ... and doing permission updates for translators
14:56 ashimema we have had new volunteers for website work before.. but they never managed to actually take over
14:56 * cait needs less hats
14:56 * ashimema needs less hats too
14:56 marcelr winter comes
14:56 ashimema I've also helped with website over the years and have access..
14:57 fridolin we need more heads
14:57 oleonard I can help maintain the web site if folks can get me set up.
14:57 cait not more hats, more heads!
14:57 jzairo I’d be happy to help fill the role for IRC meeting facilitator
14:57 cait #info Koha needs more heads for districuting hats
14:57 ashimema how aobut 'website mainters'
14:57 tcohen I provided a big server for running community things
14:57 ashimema share the load and help Liz
14:57 cait jzairo++
14:57 cait quck, sign her up!
14:57 tcohen that is only running the API docs right now
14:57 ashimema oh nice one 🙂
14:57 caroline_crazycatlady jzairo++
14:58 tcohen it has 15.5GB of spare RAM
14:58 ashimema you'll do a much better job than i did jzairo 🙂
14:58 cait the issue with website is it also runs the manuals
14:58 ashimema we can shift the manuals easily enough
14:58 cait jzairo: can you add yourself to wiki or do you want us to do it?
14:58 jzairo I can update the wiki now!
14:58 cait thx!
14:58 tcohen I volunteer to help with CI/CD of the manuals on this new server
14:58 cait ok, i see we also got a translation manager
14:58 cait that leaves packaging as the next urgent?
14:59 Joubu thx jzairo!
14:59 * tcohen thinks we should volunteer eythian
14:59 cait heh
14:59 Joubu put mtj
14:59 Joubu I am sure he forgot
14:59 marcelr mtj++
14:59 ashimema agreed
14:59 * cait is very happy to see that QA has heads!
15:00 cait Joubu: will you? ;)
15:00 Joubu if we are not all editing the page at the same time
15:00 cait i'll prepare the vote statement
15:00 oleonard And afterwards we will tell him he forgot that he put himself down for the job
15:00 cait that's the plan :)
15:01 Joubu added
15:01 fridolin "it's a trap"
15:01 cait jzairo: to get you started later: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Chairing_meetings
15:01 Joubu Who's Jake?
15:01 cait which jake?
15:01 Joubu Wiki team member
15:01 oleonard There are Two Jakes?
15:01 ashimema two?
15:01 wahanui two are relatively straight forward ,and I've talked about them before in other forums (only 10 min each)
15:02 Joubu Aude as well?
15:02 ashimema Jake is one of ours
15:02 tcohen bernardo complained we collisioned
15:02 ashimema as is Aude
15:02 ashimema Aude is going to shadow Lucy on docs.. pick up how it works and start contributing (and intends to help write a advent post about it)
15:02 caroline_crazycatlady Aude sounds like a french name
15:02 ashimema it is 😉
15:03 ashimema I meant to introduce them but it was a bit of a rush this morning 😉
15:03 fridolin oui c'est le cas
15:03 caroline_crazycatlady i thought she was with biblibre :)
15:03 Joubu PTFS-e in force
15:03 ashimema Jake has lots of Wiki experience so wants to lend a hand there under my guidance 😉
15:03 * ashimema isn't a bully.. honest
15:03 caroline_crazycatlady lots of new names in PTFS-E
15:03 marcelr if you say so
15:03 ashimema that's two out of the three new hires 😉
15:04 caroline_crazycatlady good for you! :D
15:04 tuxayo congrats, send welcome to all 3! :D
15:04 ashimema we lost 3 this year too though 😉
15:04 oleonard ashimema should share his whip-cracking skills at the next in-person gathering
15:04 * ashimema hopes to bring at least two to hackfest
15:05 cait i'd be ready to start the vote
15:05 cait is the wiki page ready?
15:05 oleonard ashimema: two whips??
15:05 jzairo thanks you
15:05 cait #startvote Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.05 as stated on the wiki? (yes, no, abstain)
15:05 huginn` Begin voting on: Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.05 as stated on the wiki? Valid vote options are , yes, no, abstain, .
15:05 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
15:06 cait just vote so we get this done with please ;)
15:06 oleonard #vote yes
15:06 kidclamp #vote yes
15:06 cait #vote yes
15:06 tcohen #vote yes
15:06 fridolin #vote yes
15:06 caroline_crazycatlady #vote yes
15:06 ashimema #vote yes
15:06 Joubu we should add marcelr somewhere
15:06 nugged #vote yes
15:06 tuxayo #vote yes
15:06 kellym #vote yes
15:06 Joubu #vote yes
15:06 thd #vote yes
15:06 cait Joubu: he is QA
15:06 Joubu not enough :
15:06 Joubu :)
15:07 petrova #vote yes
15:07 tcohen I added our Rocio to the Doc team, be gentle with the newbie please
15:07 cait giving it a litttle bit more time
15:07 caroline_crazycatlady another new person! :D
15:08 * cait loves new persons
15:08 PerplexedTheta Just picked this one up - I'm Jake (Hi!)
15:08 cait nice to meet you!
15:08 oleonard Two Rocios?
15:08 cait only one i thin
15:08 cait k
15:08 caroline_crazycatlady Hi Jake!
15:08 fridolin hi Jake
15:08 tuxayo PerplexedTheta welcome! ^^
15:08 caroline_crazycatlady There is one Rocio at bywater I think
15:08 caroline_crazycatlady that makes two ;)
15:09 cait ok
15:09 cait you are drifting off
15:09 cait #endvote
15:09 huginn` Voted on "Do you agree with the Release Team for 22.05 as stated on the wiki?" Results are
15:09 huginn` yes (13): Joubu, cait, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, kidclamp, fridolin, tcohen, caroline_crazycatlady, nugged, petrova, thd, kellym
15:09 Joubu Rocío and Rocio
15:09 cait we got a release team!
15:09 cait confetti!
15:09 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
15:09 oleonard *whew*
15:09 tuxayo !confetti
15:09 * fridolin clap clap
15:09 tuxayo 🎉
15:09 cait #agreed The release team as stated on the wiki at this time was elected.
15:09 Joubu good luck fridolin!
15:09 fridolin Thanks a lot
15:09 cait you'll need it! ;)
15:10 cait i like the time plan, it was a little worry
15:10 cait hope that works out for you
15:10 fridolin big step for me
15:10 tuxayo the time plan?
15:10 cait i'll have to figure out when that is here actually
15:10 Joubu I'll let you schedule a meeting for the handover
15:10 oleonard fridolin: I hope Joubu's iron fist fits you.
15:10 cait tuxayo: in frido's proposal
15:10 tuxayo ok!
15:10 fridolin ^^
15:10 cait Joubu: can you help me with the next meeting bit?
15:10 cait I always get that wrong
15:10 cait January 12 14 utc
15:10 Joubu #info Next meeting: X November 2021, 14 UTC
15:10 Joubu ha
15:11 Joubu general
15:11 Joubu #info Next meeting: 12 January 2022, 14 UTC
15:11 cait #info Next General meeting: 12 January 2022, 14 UTC
15:11 Joubu no
15:11 Joubu next meet
15:11 cait what did i do?
15:11 cait oh
15:11 Joubu #info Next meeting: 12 January 2022, 14 UTC
15:11 cait #info Next meeting: 12 January 2022, 14 UTC
15:11 cait you said general! :)
15:11 Joubu :)
15:11 nugged fridolin: looking forward to chat more one day too – you'd have our assistance from Finland :) 🤝
15:11 cait almost in time
15:12 cait good meeting everyone!
15:12 fridolin nugged: thanks you are great
15:12 cait cya in January! ;)
15:12 cait #endmeeting
15:12 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:12 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Oct 20 15:12:20 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:12 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-10-20-14.00.html
15:12 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-10-20-14.00.txt
15:12 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]20-14.00.log.html
15:12 oleonard Thank you very much for chairing cait
15:12 oleonard cait++
15:12 fridolin cait++
15:12 Joubu cait++
15:12 caroline_crazycatlady cait++
15:12 tuxayo Thanks all, cait++
15:12 caroline_crazycatlady all++
15:12 cait it felt... familiar... good old times heh :)
15:12 thd cait++
15:12 tuxayo Thanks a lot to those who reached people last minute to fill the wiki page
15:12 nugged 🤗
15:13 Joubu fridolin: I'll let you schedule a meeting for the handover
15:13 cait yep, good effort
15:13 tuxayo fridolin++
15:13 fridolin Joubu: oki thanks
15:14 * fridolin 👑
15:14 fridolin i'm very proud to where it
15:14 fridolin long live the community
15:15 tuxayo ^o^
15:15 oleonard I have a question about Mana before everyone disappears... You can search Mana for a subscription, but it looks like you can't do anything from there?
15:16 ashimema Nice one
15:16 ashimema cait++
15:16 fridolin see you
15:17 fridolin left #koha
15:17 ashimema community++
15:18 oleonard Oh no everyone disappeared
15:18 tuxayo indeed ^^"
15:23 tcohen cait++
15:23 tcohen Joubu++
15:23 tcohen fridolin++
15:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #702: UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/702/
15:27 reiveune bye
15:27 reiveune left #koha
15:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #205: SUCCESS in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U18/205/
16:30 cait left #koha
17:15 Oak joined #koha
17:28 cait joined #koha
17:54 fridolin joined #koha
18:00 fridolin hi there
18:00 wahanui what's up, fridolin
18:54 tuxayo lol we will have oldoldoldoldstable next cycle.
19:03 jzairo left #koha
19:49 khall joined #koha
20:12 cait hm someone still here and could try something on master?
20:12 cait turn on local covers and upload one from images tab in staff detail gives me a 500
20:14 cait Joubu: still around?
20:22 cait i think this is related to my devbox not being aware of CGI::Session::Serialize::yamlxs... or it not being there
20:37 cait ok, my PERL5LIB in koha-httpd.conf was missing the lib directory... not sure if that's because of kohadevbox or because something is missing for new installs?
20:51 khall joined #koha
21:27 tuxayo > turn on local covers and upload one from images tab in staff detail gives me a 500
21:27 tuxayo I'll try
21:40 tcohen tuxayo: eyes on bug 29275 and friends are welcome. it is hurting sites with thousands of checkouts on bibs
21:40 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29275 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , is very slow when there are many historical issues
21:42 tuxayo tcohen: ok :) I'm postponing my hold rules checker for next cycle, I can't get a club hold test finished quick enough. I hope Selenium 4 will help.
21:42 tuxayo So I'll go back to testing other's bugs. It's more fun ^^
21:43 tcohen let me know if I can help you as well
21:43 tcohen tomorrow, now clocking out
21:43 tcohen bye all!
21:43 tuxayo bye!
21:52 khall joined #koha
22:04 claw joined #koha
22:50 tuxayo @later tell cait works for me
22:50 huginn` tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
22:50 tuxayo oops read to fast the next message, you actually solved it
22:55 tuxayo well, in the record detail page I see the image and below it I see the loading spinner still there. Forever.
22:55 khall joined #koha
23:30 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
23:30 wahanui Congratulations!
23:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_MDB_Latest build #703: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]0_MDB_Latest/703/
23:32 tuxayo mtj around? Are you ok to continue packaging for next cycle?
23:56 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary