IRC log for #koha, 2018-11-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 * CrispyBran waves
00:07 CrispyBran Good night #koha
00:16 caroline joined #koha
01:07 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
01:10 irma_ joined #koha
01:26 tcohen hi
01:26 wahanui hola, tcohen
01:45 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
02:38 alexbuckley joined #koha
04:10 mtompset joined #koha
04:22 cait joined #koha
06:32 cait joined #koha
06:37 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:50 calire joined #koha
07:06 fridolin joined #koha
07:06 fridolin hi there
07:25 magnuse \o/
07:42 Archie^ Good morning Koha
07:45 sophie_m joined #koha
07:49 magnuse hiya fridolin Archie^ sophie_m
07:49 sophie_m hello magnuse and #koha
07:50 alex_a joined #koha
07:50 alex_a bonjour
07:53 Archie^ Hey guys i had issue yesterday, still could not figure out the way to metagate it. During migration  of multiple libraries  how would one migrate multiple patrons with same card numbers?
07:53 paul_p joined #koha
07:54 reiveune joined #koha
07:54 reiveune hello
07:55 Archie^ Hi reiveune
07:56 laurence joined #koha
07:56 laurence left #koha
07:57 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:12 magnuse Archie^: if you have different people with the same cardnumber, you have to change some of the cardnumbers
08:13 Archie^ yeah i got that from the text in upload. But is there any other way?
08:14 magnuse no, cardnumbers in Koha have to be unique
08:16 cait joined #koha
08:22 ere morning everyone!
08:26 magnuse hiya ere and cait
08:27 ere hi magnuse
08:27 * ere had his git repo crash :/
08:29 magnuse ouch!
08:30 ere git fsck just segfaults, time to re-clone... fortunately I think I didn't have anything major in progress
08:48 sophie_m joined #koha
08:57 Infra_3600 joined #koha
09:02 tuxayo ere (IRC): ouch, segfaulting git O_o
09:03 tuxayo ere (IRC): just in case, haven't you used sed or other things like that in the code? With a friend we broke many times a repo before relizing that I was happning just after we were using sed...
09:04 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:06 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 papa1 joined #koha
09:09 ere tuxayo: Thanks but no, my VM crashed and that somehow mangled the repo too.
09:14 tuxayo ere (IRC): :(
09:15 ere tuxayo: Luckily I have a suffienctly fast connection so it didn't take whole day to clone the repository anew :)
09:17 alex_a joined #koha
09:21 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:28 ashimema lol
09:30 alex_a joined #koha
09:51 ere ashimema: I'm working on adding tests for 19365...
09:52 ashimema thanks ere :)
09:52 ashimema it's annoying I know.. but I wouldnt' want the fine additions you've made to get splatted at a later date
10:04 greenjimll joined #koha
10:13 andreashm joined #koha
10:13 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:14 * andreashm waves
10:14 paul_p_ joined #koha
10:18 ere ashimema: No problem, the tests are useful even if they're pain to write
10:23 kohaputti joined #koha
10:53 kohaputti joined #koha
11:01 alex_a_ joined #koha
11:43 alex_a joined #koha
11:53 nil joined #koha
11:54 nil left #koha
11:59 Joubu hi
11:59 Joubu ashimema: for gitlab what we do is: create an issue (number 42), push to branch "issue_42" with comment title "Issue #42 - "
12:00 Joubu the #42 will link directly the PR with the issue
12:00 ashimema thanks.. that's helpful to know
12:00 Joubu can you force push adding the #?
12:01 ashimema sure
12:01 * ashimema tries to remember which issue we're talking about.. the qa script one?
12:01 Joubu[…]/6#note_116999873
12:01 Joubu branch issue_8
12:01 ashimema ta
12:02 Joubu ashimema: ha but, wait
12:02 Joubu on the issue there is a link:[…]st-tools/issues/8
12:02 Joubu " 1 Related Merge Request "
12:02 Joubu ha no, it's your comment
12:03 * Joubu drinks more mate
12:03 ashimema aha.. that's better
12:03 ashimema cheers Joubu
12:04 Joubu ashimema: note that we have the same issue in our Koha tests :)
12:05 Joubu ashimema: maybe it would be better to fix it in t::lib::QA::TemplateFilters::missing_filters
12:05 laurence joined #koha
12:05 ashimema funny.. i thought you might say that just after I'd submitted it
12:05 laurence left #koha
12:05 ere ashimema: Tests should now be in a much better shape in bug 19365. There were a few to fix and a set of new ones have been added. I also cleaned up the files the tests were scattered in a bit.
12:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19365 major, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , doesn't work with Elasticsearch
12:07 ashimema thanks ere
12:09 ashimema what confused me Joubu was that we're not building the array in line order to start with.. it certianly looked like we actually were
12:09 ashimema at a cursory glance
12:10 marcelr joined #koha
12:10 marcelr hi #koha
12:10 Joubu kidclamp: no credit for 18.11 release?
12:10 Joubu ashimema:[…] - search for "Credits"
12:10 Joubu "We thank the following libraries who are known to have sponsored new features in Koha 18.05.05:
12:11 Joubu Bug 20720: Using git Sponsored-by lines to update 'about'
12:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20720 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to Stable , Add libraries (sponsors) to the about page
12:11 Joubu :D
12:11 ashimema yeah, I spotted that
12:12 ashimema was going to ask Joubu why the regex is `^.*Sponsored-by` rather than `^Sponsored-by` in the script that generates that
12:12 ashimema you look for Sponsored-by anywhere in the line rather than just git trailers
12:13 * ashimema wanted to switch to using the git inbuild trailers commands.. but they're horribly unusable :(
12:16 Joubu "I"?
12:16 Joubu not sure I wrote that code :)
12:16 Joubu but yeah, should be adjust
12:16 ashimema oh.. I assumed it was you.. my bad
12:16 Joubu we should have a specific routines to parse the git trailers
12:17 ashimema I should have git blamed first ;)
12:17 ashimema yeah..
12:17 ashimema unfortunately the build in git routines to extract trailers are a bit pants
12:17 ashimema they miss half of them :(
12:17 * ashimema spend a fair chunk of time trying to work with them a couple of weeks back
12:18 ashimema did you see my utf8 merge request on the release tools?
12:23 Joubu nope
12:27 ere kidclamp: I don't know about normalization of call numbers, but would it make sense to sort by "IFNULL(cn_sort, callnumber)" or "IFNULL(cn_sort, callnumber), callnumber" in case cn_sort is set but empty?
12:28 kidclamp I don't know if one should ever be unset (unless through db manipulation)
12:28 kidclamp and mixing would create interesting ranges I believe
12:29 ere kidclamp: Well, if you sort by "cn_sort, callnumber", the latter won't have any effect unless it's a tie, no?
12:30 ere Not that it would be so important as one could always write the original value to cn_sort too if normalization fails..
12:30 oleonard joined #koha
12:30 tcohen morning
12:31 ere kidclamp: And I didn't mean to mix normalized and non-normalized, but perhaps you're right and it doesn't make sense to have a fallback.
12:32 oleonard Hi all
12:32 ere kidclamp: Well, yes, you're right. :) And that's it for me for today..
12:33 Joubu @later tell ere use COALESCE instead of IFNULL
12:33 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:36 ashimema[…]/merge_requests/4 Joubu (IRC)
12:37 ashimema it's a bit over the top actually
12:43 Joubu ashimema: what errors are you trying to fix?
12:44 Joubu ha, issue 1 :)
12:49 kmlussier joined #koha
12:51 ashimema that and I was getting a bunch of nasty characters in names
12:52 ashimema[…]e632d218fb2a28c7c
12:52 ashimema that's what it fixed for me
12:53 ashimema but perhaps it was a locale thing on the system I've been using to generate the note for this.. my dev server didn't seem to have the same issue
13:08 cait marc renders a bit funnily - with a copyright sign in the name
13:08 cait Marc Véron AG (1)
13:09 cait I think the mail to name file for companies needs a bit of updating :)
13:10 ashimema haha
13:10 ashimema yup
13:10 ashimema I'm working on all sorts of little fixes at the minute for things like that
13:10 ashimema it's lunch time after all ;)
13:10 kidclamp ashimema++
13:10 tcohen ashimema++
13:11 cait Bug 20720: Using git Sponsored-by lines to update 'about' < got into the credits :)
13:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20720 minor, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to Stable , Add libraries (sponsors) to the about page
13:12 ashimema haha
13:12 ashimema[…]/merge_requests/5
13:12 ashimema that resolves that exact issue cait
13:14 cait :)
13:24 oleonard Is there a standard resolution to "unable to unlink old '' (Text file busy)" with git?
13:32 oleonard Solved it by halting my devbox and doing the git checkout in the host
13:34 mtompset Oops... forgot to shutdown last night. Morning, #koha.
13:34 cait never had that, sorry oleonard
13:35 mtompset Back in a bit... (seems like ubuntu reboots are almost as common as windoze)
13:36 oleonard Ubuntu? More like SNOOZEbuntu, amirite?
13:46 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:48 irma joined #koha
13:48 dj joined #koha
13:48 BobB joined #koha
14:00 oleonard Is there a meeting now?
14:00 ashimema is that now?
14:00 * ashimema can't remember what time it was
14:01 kidclamp yes, meeting!
14:01 oleonard My calendar says it is, but you know how omnipotent AI's can be.
14:01 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 14 November 2018
14:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov 14 14:01:45 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
14:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_14_november_2018'
14:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
14:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:01 ashimema no-one added their name
14:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
14:02 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
14:02 davidnind joined #koha
14:02 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
14:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
14:02 * magnuse gotta run in 30 minutes
14:02 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
14:02 kidclamp this should be quick, this was just to elect 18.05 maint and translation manager
14:03 * oleonard waves to 3AM in New Zealand
14:03 magnuse https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.05
14:03 magnuse davidnind++
14:04 davidnind waves, sleepily
14:04 oleonard Is fridolin here?
14:04 fridolin yep
14:04 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
14:04 kidclamp #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:05 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_14_November_2018 Agenda
14:05 * fridolin current RMaint 17.11.x
14:05 kidclamp #info feature freeze is here, fix all the bugs!
14:05 fridolin David have a coffe or a bier
14:05 kidclamp anyone else?
14:05 oleonard I would like to announce that I'd like to get signoffs on a couple of bugs with simple fixes: Bug 21813 and Bug 21814
14:05 davidnind tea?
14:05 ashimema haha
14:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21813 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , In-page JavaScript causes error on patron entry page
14:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21814 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , System preferences save button can be hidden by language menu
14:05 ashimema +1
14:05 ashimema fix all th things
14:06 oleonard I think those two could make the release if we get them tested.
14:07 ashimema release notes are being rebuilt regularly now.. so point out the errors and lets get cleaning those up too
14:07 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
14:07 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:07 kidclamp fridolin ashimema
14:07 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
14:08 ashimema sorry.. someone dragged me to the door
14:08 ashimema bloomin cold caller
14:08 ashimema right.. no updated from me past what we said last week
14:09 ashimema manically catching up on the queue but as fast as I empty mine you fill it back up kidclamp ;)
14:09 fridolin jenkins broken on 17.11.x but its from jenkins
14:10 fridolin otherwise nothing special
14:10 kidclamp and I am just polishing the release etc. thanks to all for hard work in getting things fixed and ready to go
14:11 kidclamp #info stable releases continue, master is being prepared for release
14:11 kidclamp #topic Roles for 19.05 - 18.05 Rmaint and translation manager
14:11 Topic for #koha is now Roles for 19.05 - 18.05 Rmaint and translation manager (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:12 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:12 kidclamp Indranil has volunteered if bernardo isn't around and bernardo said he would go if no one else does - so we elect them both?
14:12 kidclamp :-)
14:13 kidclamp for 18.05 JesseM and lukeG volunteered with Kyle backing them up
14:13 ashimema sounds like a plan to me.. spread the load
14:14 * ashimema thinks kidclamp has been bullying colleagues 😉
14:14 kidclamp little old me?
14:15 Joubu yes, both sounds good to me
14:15 Joubu Bernardo needs to share his knowledges
14:15 georgew joined #koha
14:15 kidclamp ok, ready to vote then?
14:16 oleonard I vote we vote
14:17 ashimema go for it
14:17 kidclamp #startvote Do we accept the 19.05 roles for 18.05 Rmaint and Translation manager teams as listed on the wiki page roles for 19.05? Yes, No, Abstain
14:17 huginn Begin voting on: Do we accept the 19.05 roles for 18.05 Rmaint and Translation manager teams as listed on the wiki page roles for 19.05? Valid vote options are Yes, No, Abstain.
14:17 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:17 kidclamp #vote Yes
14:17 Joubu #vote yes
14:17 oleonard #vote Yes
14:18 ashimema #vote Yes
14:18 magnuse #vote Yes
14:18 davidnind #vote yes
14:18 Joubu "as listed" :) when? what was listed?
14:18 kidclamp they are listed there now
14:18 ashimema it got listed just before he wrote the vote ;)
14:18 * ashimema refreshed to check
14:19 kidclamp heh, you voted before asking
14:19 kidclamp last call
14:19 oleonard As listed -- Oh no kidclamp is now dictator for life!
14:19 kidclamp bwahahahahahaa
14:19 Joubu so Indranil is not on the list
14:19 kidclamp #endvote
14:19 huginn Voted on "Do we accept the 19.05 roles for 18.05 Rmaint and Translation manager teams as listed on the wiki page roles for 19.05?" Results are
14:19 huginn Yes (6): Joubu, magnuse, davidnind, oleonard, ashimema, kidclamp
14:20 kidclamp he is, they are both listed for translation manager
14:20 * oleonard starts growing the now mandatory handlebar mustache
14:20 * ashimema just saw kidclamps job title at bywater and giggled
14:20 kidclamp #chair Joubu
14:20 huginn Current chairs: Joubu kidclamp
14:21 Joubu https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_18.11
14:21 Joubu "Translation Manager "
14:21 kidclamp https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_19.05
14:21 * Joubu hides
14:21 Joubu lol, sorry
14:21 kidclamp heh
14:22 kidclamp congratulations (condolences) to all
14:22 Joubu already 19.05!
14:22 kidclamp you want to introduce a new topic Joubu/
14:22 Joubu I would like to add more confusion, yes
14:23 Joubu #topic just yet another topic
14:23 Topic for #koha is now just yet another topic (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:23 kidclamp hah
14:23 Joubu maybe it does not make sense, but I am wondering if we should add a "rule" in the community
14:23 Joubu about the ML
14:24 Joubu should not we ask people to contact Koha developers *before* sending advertisement on the list?
14:24 kidclamp context?
14:24 Joubu if they do not, we could send a standard message saying that this tool/app/stuff is unknown by us and that we do not recommend using it
14:24 Joubu "Koha opac" app, for instance
14:25 ashimema yeah.. I'd be happy with that
14:25 Joubu I seem important to warn the user that we have no idea what these stuffs are
14:25 Joubu It*
14:25 oleonard How would we define 'advertisement?'
14:26 oleonard How would we police it?
14:26 ashimema we couldn't really
14:27 Joubu when Koha is written "KOHA" could be a first validation step
14:27 kidclamp I like protecting users, I don't like the idea of trying to limit posts
14:27 Joubu it's not limiting post
14:27 Joubu it's just: either or contact us first, or we will reply with a standard message to tell people we do not know what it is
14:27 ashimema I'm not sure about a rule preventing posts..
14:28 ashimema but I equaly don't have an issue with some clause saying that nothing said on the list is endorsed by the list
14:28 Joubu it happened 3x this year. Sometimes it's free software, other times it's not
14:28 kidclamp what will we do when they contact us?
14:28 oleonard And who is "us" ?
14:28 Joubu koha-devel
14:29 Joubu I am not asking to take a decision know, just asking if it makes sense first
14:29 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
14:29 Joubu then if we should think about it
14:29 kidclamp I think a clause saying we don't endorse the list makes sense, and maybe a response to say that we don't endorse products and user should be awar who tey are installing from
14:31 kidclamp are there guidelines for the list somewhere?
14:31 Joubu I do not think so
14:31 oleonard Not on the signup page
14:32 kidclamp I think this should be a list discussion maybe? I don't think we have enough people here, I am more for general guidelines about posts, but then we need moderators
14:32 Joubu yes sure, I wanted to launch the discussion, nothing more :)
14:32 kidclamp Joubu++
14:33 ashimema Joubu++
14:33 Joubu we could also have other things, like: if you want to report a bug, answer the following questions: 1. Koha version, 2. exact error message, etc.
14:34 ashimema ML guidelines/code of conduct would be good.. I wouldn't advocate any official moderation but rather if anyone feels sometihng goes against the guidlnes, make a case and discuss and one of the general meetings before a ban or similar
14:34 * oleonard would favor an automated rule rejecting posts which were cross-posted to more than one list
14:34 kidclamp yes, and something about "You found a security bug? please do not post instructions on exploiting it to the public list"
14:35 kidclamp #action Joubu will send an email to the mailing lists about setting guidelines for the mailing lists
14:35 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
14:35 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 November 2018)
14:36 kidclamp Dece,mber 5, 2018, 20 UTC?
14:36 ashimema +1
14:36 davidnind +1
14:36 kidclamp i did three weekes since this was a 'bonus' meeting
14:37 oleonard +1
14:37 Joubu do not mess the next meeting info! :D
14:37 davidnind we love our meetings :)
14:37 ashimema lol
14:38 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 5 December 2018, 20 UTC
14:38 kidclamp last chance to be recorded for posterity
14:38 kidclamp #endmeeting
14:38 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:38 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov 14 14:38:52 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:38 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-11-14-14.01.html
14:38 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-11-14-14.01.txt
14:38 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]14-14.01.log.html
14:38 Joubu kidclamp: I love you
14:38 kidclamp thanks all!
14:39 Joubu too late
14:39 magnuse AndrewIsh, ashimema: i will try and work on bug 21834 tomorrow. if you have any objections, please add them to the bug
14:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21834 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Display illrequests.orderid in the table of ILL requests
14:39 kidclamp awww...I love you too Joubu
14:39 * magnuse wanders off
14:39 Joubu <3
14:39 magnuse kidclamp++
14:39 oleonard Someone sign off on Bug 18584! My son's first patch
14:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18584 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Our legacy code contains trailing-spaces
14:39 davidnind kidclamp++
14:39 kidclamp @wunder 05001
14:39 huginn kidclamp: White River Junction, VT :: Mostly Cloudy :: 24F/-4C | Wind Chill: 18F/-8C | Wednesday: Some clouds this morning will give way to generally sunny skies for the afternoon. High 29F. Winds NW at 10 to 20 mph. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy skies. Low 12F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
14:40 Joubu -4°C, really?
14:40 * kidclamp is considering going for a run, brrr
14:40 oleonard @wunder 45701
14:40 huginn oleonard: Athens, OH :: Clear :: 28F/-2C | Wind Chill: 21F/-6C | Wednesday: A mix of clouds and sun during the morning will give way to cloudy skies this afternoon. High 36F. Winds light and variable. Wednesday Night: Cloudy with periods of freezing rain after midnight. Some sleet may mix in. Low near 30F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 100%.
14:41 oleonard Oh yay freezing rain
14:41 kidclamp drive safe oleonard
14:41 Joubu @wunder Buenos Aires
14:41 huginn Joubu: Buenos Aires, Argentina :: Clear :: 73F/23C | Wednesday: Sunny to partly cloudy. High 76F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low 64F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph.
14:41 AndrewIsh magnuse:  Sounds good to me. Though a word of warning, I'd strongly advice in favour of doing it on top of the outstanding ILL enhancements dependency tree (of which bug 18589 is at the top). Otherwise you're likely to run into some serious merge pain further down the line as what you're proposing will seriously conflict with stuff in that tree.
14:41 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18589 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Show ILLs as part of patron profile
14:42 ashimema oleonard++
14:42 AndrewIsh magnuse:  There are 6 or 7 outstanding bugs in that tree, you'll need to apply them all, but they should all apply cleanly if applied in the correct order. I just did it and it was fine.
14:42 magnuse thanks AndrewIsh
14:43 kidclamp that sounds liek aperfect day Joubu - what are you doing indoors?
14:44 oleonard kidclamp: Neither you nor Joubu are allowed to go outside unless you take a laptop with you and keep working!
14:45 Joubu heh, will be off a part of the day I think. Especially after 3 days of rain, and weather forecast is bad the the next 3 as well!
14:47 kidclamp I take my phone, that is like a computer right?
14:47 kidclamp and I do get push notifications for IRC messages
14:51 oleonard Hmf
14:51 oleonard Thanks ashimema :)
14:51 ashimema :)
14:52 ashimema I never managed to get Izzy onto bug 21615 yet :(
14:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21615 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , "Stock rotation" is at the wrong place in the Tools left side menu
14:53 davidnind left #koha
14:53 tcohen @wunder cordoba, argentina
14:53 huginn tcohen: Cordoba, Argentina :: Clear :: 69F/20C | Wednesday: Mainly sunny. High 82F. Winds NE at 10 to 15 mph. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low 59F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.
14:56 greenjimll And I manage to slip into the office after a memorial service for one of our Profs just after the meeting has finished. Am I still a bug wrangler? <checks wiki> Yep, looks like I am.
14:59 marcelr bug 21774 needs some attention
14:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21774 critical, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Cloned item subfields disappear when editing an item
15:04 Archie^ joined #koha
15:12 calire left #koha
15:13 Michek joined #koha
15:13 Michek start only with the user remove the password is possible, thanks
15:13 Michek start only with the user remove the password is possible, thanks
15:13 wahanui i already had it that way, Michek.
15:14 oleonard Michek: You want to remove a user's password from their account?
15:15 Michek Yes, so that it starts only with its user
15:15 Michek without password
15:16 oleonard Is you goal to let the user log in without a password?
15:17 Freddy_Enrique @wunder lima, peru
15:17 huginn Freddy_Enrique: Lima, Peru :: Mostly Cloudy :: 64F/18C | Wind Chill: 64F/18C | Wednesday: Partly to mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms developing this afternoon. High 67F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Wednesday Night: Showers early, then cloudy overnight. Low 53F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40%.
15:17 Freddy_Enrique !
15:17 Michek yes
15:17 Freddy_Enrique thunderstorms...what is that?
15:18 Joubu tormentas
15:18 Michek s you goal to let the user log in without a password?
15:18 Freddy_Enrique Hi there Joubu :)
15:18 Freddy_Enrique Uhm, never seen one here
15:19 Michek :(
15:19 Joubu Michek: why do you want that?
15:19 Freddy_Enrique Guys, I meant to ask. Anyone here is a member of ALA?
15:20 Archie^ Freddy_Enrique: what's ALA?
15:20 Freddy_Enrique American Library Association
15:20 Michek use token, if it makes me easier without a password
15:34 fridolin left #koha
16:12 reiveune bye
16:12 reiveune left #koha
16:25 kmlussier joined #koha
16:36 Micke joined #koha
16:36 Micke Unifying Koha's login with other software is possible, thanks
16:38 Micke Unifying Koha's login with other software is possible, thanks
16:38 wahanui i already had it that way, Micke.
16:39 Micke ?
16:39 corilynn_ Freddy_Enrique, I am a member of ALA
16:39 oleonard Micke: wahanui is a bot. You can ignore it.
16:40 oleonard Micke: Have you searched the Koha wiki for information?
16:40 oleonard
16:44 Freddy_Enrique corilynn: I've just realized there's a peruvian member in ALA. OMG. Tell me, how is it? is it really beneficial being part of it?
16:45 corilynn Freddy_Enrique it's so/so. With all professional organizations you get out what you put in. I've been a little too focused on grad school and job hunting to put in
16:46 corilynn but I have to be a ALA member to be a ALCTS member, and they have the webinars I need to do my job :)
16:47 corilynn Freddy_Enrique
16:48 kidclamp @seen caroline
16:48 huginn kidclamp: caroline was last seen in #koha 4 days, 18 hours, 11 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <caroline> bye everyone!
16:50 Freddy_Enrique oh.... Thanks corilynn :)
16:51 corilynn np, Freedy_Enrique
16:53 cait left #koha
17:08 AndrewIsh oleonard++
17:08 AndrewIsh Thanks for the sign-off :)
17:08 oleonard 👍
17:16 caroline joined #koha
17:20 oleonard Hi caroline
17:20 caroline hi!
17:20 caroline Currently at a conference. Ping me if needed
17:21 kidclamp was just wondering if you have a gitlib repository for  plugins?
17:21 oleonard kidclamp was just @seen'ing you
17:22 kidclamp github
17:22 caroline hi kidclamp!
17:23 kidclamp hi caroline
17:23 caroline did you need me for something?
17:30 nuentoter joined #koha
17:30 nuentoter o7 morning koha world
18:19 cait joined #koha
18:26 caroline joined #koha
18:57 * cait waves at caroline
18:58 cait ordered tons of new wool today :)
18:58 * caroline waves to cait
18:58 caroline :D
19:15 paul_p_ joined #koha
19:24 oleonard Bug 21751 is a pretty good fix for that problem, I think. Don't know if it counts as a bugfix where the release is concerned
19:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21751 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , fixFloat toolbar not displaying properly in Chrome
19:31 paul_p_ joined #koha
19:34 caroline joined #koha
19:45 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:09 cait oleonard-away: still there?
20:09 wahanui there is a patch about validating the input and displaying issues on somewhere too
20:09 cait probably not :)
20:09 alexbuckley hi all
20:11 tcohen hi
20:11 wahanui bidet, tcohen
20:12 tcohen I love the new OPAC look and feel
20:12 alexbuckley it is great :)
20:16 cait you should tell calire
20:16 alexbuckley hi cait
20:19 paul_p_ joined #koha
20:23 * cait waves
20:33 tcohen calire++
21:09 caroline joined #koha
21:10 cait i have no idea how to distinguish rotating collections and stock rotation in translation
21:10 cait we already used the german literal translation of 2 for 1
21:10 cait ... and is it not kidn of the same thing<ß
21:10 cait ?
21:25 corilynn yo, kidclamp, when does the freeze end and the enhancement party start back up?
21:26 kidclamp Freeze until release, then a bug only period, then enhancements
21:26 corilynn right, thought on dates?
21:28 kidclamp Nov27 is release, may do bugs only for 2 weeks, need to settle with ashimema on what works for him since he has to do rebasing
21:30 corilynn kewl, so I'll expect that I can go back to nursing my patch mid to late Dec
21:37 ashimema Sounds about right to me
21:37 ashimema I'm not seeing any especially nasty refactor type bugs on the immediate horizon.. those tend to be the sort that make rebasing more challenging as an ongoing thing.. but at the same time, the earlier they're in in a cycle the more tested they'll be by release.. so it's always going to be fun for someone 😉
21:37 * ashimema goes back to his evening chill time
21:38 cait translating is... boring
21:38 ashimema Hugs cait
21:40 ashimema I'd say it's less about my rebasing pain and more about making sure we can keep the throughput from SO and QA for mostly bugs during that busy first week or two.. in general bugs should always be prioritised there with enhancement generally taking a back seat to them.
21:40 * ashimema would love to concentrate on enhancements and code cleanup all the time... But is pragmatic
21:47 cait :)
22:09 paul_p joined #koha
22:10 Joubu @later tell tcohen I assigned you a card on the virtual tool we do not have, "koha-testing-docker - Do not forget to backport #27 into 17.11" ;)
22:10 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
22:14 Joubu @later tell tcohen maybe it's #97 and the commit message is wrong, commitid is 84f9c1c1f539d45e27b28344967ea4dda4917f4f
22:14 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
22:20 ashimema Huh
22:42 Freddy_Enrique left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary