IRC log for #koha, 2018-11-13

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:02 mtompset @seen tcohen
01:02 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 5 hours and 37 seconds ago: <tcohen> but yeah, there hasn't been much work on that lately
01:02 mtompset @seen Joubu
01:02 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 4 hours, 55 minutes, and 45 seconds ago: <Joubu> mtompset: read the README will help ;) "koha-dpkg-docker - generate Koha packages inside a docker container"
01:04 mtompset Hmmm...
01:12 mtompset Have a great day, #koha
01:38 dpk_ joined #koha
01:59 kidclamp joined #koha
03:31 Courtney joined #koha
03:36 Courtney Hello. I'm a total Koha noob and was wondering if some kind soul would be able to assist. I'm cataloguing a monograph that has been published in two different countries. Is there a way to duplicate the subfield in 008 where you're supposed to enter the country of publication?
03:41 dcook Hi Courtney, that's not so much a Koha question as a MARC/cataloguing question
03:41 dcook
03:41 Courtney Oop, figured it out! Thank you :)
03:41 dcook np
04:53 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:24 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:31 alexbuckley joined #koha
06:08 cait joined #koha
06:49 dpk__ joined #koha
06:51 calire joined #koha
06:54 m23 joined #koha
06:59 corilynn_ joined #koha
07:00 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:00 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
07:03 corilynn_ joined #koha
07:11 magnuse \o/
07:11 cait translation--
07:12 ashimema morning
07:14 magnuse cait: oops?
07:15 magnuse hiya ashimema
07:16 cait just... a lot
07:16 ashimema lol
07:16 ashimema indeed
07:16 cait i am going to say we added too many new system preferences
07:16 cait and people don't format them well for translating making some arbitrary line breaks in yaml
07:17 * ashimema adding preferences for anything and everything is a pet peave
07:17 magnuse are there translations for 18.11 yet?
07:17 paxed the yaml is horrible for writing the descriptions anyway. embedded html yo.
07:17 ashimema what do I need to look for there during QA then cait?
07:17 cait no line breaks within the sentence where it's not necessary
07:17 ashimema not ever paid a great deal of attention to the yaml files in terms of translation
07:17 cait evrey line in the yaml file ends up a string
07:18 ashimema I see
07:18 cait you need it for having the pull downs etc, but no sense to have them middle of sentence with no input in between
07:18 ashimema so painful on the eyes == better for translation :(
07:18 ashimema I will have fallen fowel of that myself
07:18 cait magnuse: bernardo seems to have created them, I've started, but no note to the list
07:18 cait ashimema: kind of :)
07:19 magnuse ah yes, i see it now
07:19 ashimema feels like we could resolved that with tooling
07:19 cait at least they appear in sequence
07:19 ashimema :)
07:21 magnuse what do i have to do to make pootle accept a string with an html link in it?
07:22 ashimema prey to the pootle gods?
07:22 ashimema offer a sacrifice?
07:22 paxed prey :D
07:22 Archie^ good morning koha ;)
07:22 * magnuse goes looking for something to sacrifice
07:23 * ashimema bags not me
07:24 * magnuse didn't say "someone" :-)
07:24 ashimema hehe
07:26 cait you can uncheck the warning
07:27 cait but make sure it really looks right, it caught me typoing a few times and seemed to accept them fine when i didn't
07:29 cait ok bbiab
07:33 calire morning
07:33 paul_p joined #koha
07:34 magnuse guten morgen calire
07:35 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:35 calire hei magnuse
07:38 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
07:39 alex_a joined #koha
07:39 alex_a bonjour
07:46 kohaputti joined #koha
07:52 Scott-CSPL joined #koha
07:52 deb-CSPL joined #koha
07:56 AndrewIsh joined #koha
08:04 reiveune joined #koha
08:04 reiveune hello
08:05 cait joined #koha
08:06 cait kf
08:07 magnuse gah, misbehaving SIP2-server. one process goes up to close to 100% cpu and stays there, then another process does the same etc until they bring the server down. anyone seen that?
08:08 cait thankfully not :(
08:08 magnuse trying to adjust min_servers and min_spare_servers, but that does not seem to help
08:09 magnuse i do have self lending machines spamming the server with "99 SC Status Resuests" though
08:10 cait matts or jajm maybe?
08:12 jajm matts is not there and i never touched the SIP area :/
08:15 magnuse lucky you ;-)
08:16 magnuse i'll try and get rid of the flood of 99-messages first
08:16 fridolin joined #koha
08:17 fridolin hi there
08:17 magnuse bonjour fridolin
08:17 fridolin bonjour, comment va ?
08:17 fridolin here its raining raining ...
08:20 magnuse @wunder bodø, norway
08:20 huginn magnuse: Error: I could not find a valid location for: bodø, norway
08:20 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
08:20 huginn magnuse: Bodo, Norway :: Mostly Cloudy :: 41F/5C | Wind Chill: 34F/1C | Tuesday: Cloudy with occasional showers. High near 45F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 40%. Tuesday Night: Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. Low 41F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 50%.
08:21 sophie_m joined #koha
09:00 laurence joined #koha
09:10 mtj magnuse:  hiya, can you reproduce your sip2 problem?
09:11 * mtj hasnt seen anything like that myself :'(
09:16 ashimema still struggling with SIP magnuse?
09:16 kohaputti anybody interested in faster Elasticsearch indexing: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 ? :P
09:16 huginn Bug 19893: enhancement, P1 - high, ---, glasklas, Signed Off , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
09:20 andreashm joined #koha
09:20 ashimema cait about?
09:20 cc_ joined #koha
09:20 * andreashm waves
09:35 cait about now :)
09:35 cait and in a cheery mood for a change - my api tests this monring finally turned out all green (the non-Koha thing)
09:40 andreashm cait: hurray for that!
09:42 ashimema :)
09:53 magnuse mtj, ashimema: yeah still struggling. can't reproduce. it's on a multi tenant server, the other SIP servers on the same host are not behaving the same way
10:03 ashimema odd
10:03 andreashm magnuse: just read back about your sip2 issue. are the connections closing properly on the problem-server?
10:03 ashimema I've asked Colin C if he may find a moment to pop in and say hello.. he's a bit under the kosh as ever though
10:04 * andreashm is wondering if child-processes is started by more connections opening thn being closed from those calls from the machine
10:04 andreashm but then again, I'm guessing wildly. =)
10:05 magnuse andreashm: possibly not. how would i check?
10:05 magnuse i am really waiting for the self check vendor to tell me if they can send 99 less often
10:06 magnuse as far as i can read from the spec it is just supposed to be sent once per connection
10:06 andreashm magnuse: not sure. grep the processes?
10:07 andreashm or any of the sip logs?
10:12 andreashm magnuse: what number of retries have you set in SIP2config.xml?
10:13 andreashm But it does sound like its something that should be set of the actual machine to send less 99 requests
10:21 * paxed grumbles at the marc modification templates
10:22 cc_ Not sure 99 requests should cause the problem - theres very little processing required to respond - sounds like something at a lower level causing the processing loop
10:23 magnuse andreashm: timeout=100, retries=5
10:24 andreashm magnuse: we have timeout=60, but otherwise seems ok
10:24 * paxed goes test the master and then maybe file some bugs
10:25 magnuse there are 23 clients configured and min_servers='35' and min_spare_servers='0'
10:26 magnuse in the <service> i have timeout="3600", but no client_timeout, i realize now
10:27 magnuse in the <institution> i have timeout="100" and retries="5"
10:29 andreashm what terminator do you have for the institutions? I don't think it matter, but you never know.
10:29 andreashm magnuse: service timeout was big
10:30 andreashm sorry, I meant terminator for the accounts.
10:30 endeto joined #koha
10:31 magnuse terminator="CR"
10:31 endeto Can I access koha over network without IP address i.e using hostname
10:33 magnuse SIP2 was working fine until yesterday, in the middle of the day. i did not change anything on the server
10:33 andreashm magnuse: you could try changing it to CRLF.
10:33 andreashm (not sure what that does though)
10:34 * magnuse tries CRLF
10:36 magnuse andreashm: looks promising so far!
10:37 andreashm cool
10:43 magnuse nah, got two processes at around 99% cpu now...
10:43 ashimema :(
10:47 magnuse closed the sip2 port in the firewall and the high cpu processes went away
10:48 andreashm bummer
10:49 andreashm most be all those requests
10:52 janPasi joined #koha
10:58 magnuse opened the firewall again, and so far no high cpu processes
11:06 endeto how can I access my koha using pages using hostname
11:07 endeto because my ip is dynamic
11:10 endeto can someone helps me to connect to my koha page using hostname but not computer Name
11:11 Archie^ a question: say i'm migrating borrorers into KOHA from a different library. And everything is fine, but after i'm trying to migrate from another library, the reader card should be unique, so how does one migrate data from 2 libraries into KOHA  regarding the card numbers?
11:15 magnuse oh wow, no more misbehaving SIP2 servers, but now Plack is acting up for the same site. two instances of /etc/koha/plack.psgi owned by the site in question, both at almost 100% cpu
11:16 magnuse restart plack for that site and they go back to normal, for a while
11:20 magnuse close the sip2 port and everything looks normal
11:21 magnuse at least some of the self check machines are sending 99's every 10 seconds
11:26 andreashm joined #koha
11:34 ashimema ere: present bug 19893
11:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, glasklas, Passed QA , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
11:35 ere ashimema: Woohoo!
11:36 ashimema sorry it took me a little whilst to get back to it after all the reworking.. it's been manic but I was super keen to get to it :)
11:36 ashimema just looking at the three blocked by it now
11:37 ere ashimema: It's of course better to try to make it good first even though I've been waiting for it for so long too :)
11:37 ere ashimema: I've tried to keep the others up to date, but let me know if there's anything that doesn't apply
11:38 ashimema any particular order you'd like me to attack them in?
11:38 ashimema I'm not sure I'll get to all three today.. got some meetings :(
11:38 ashimema but I'll give it my best shot
11:39 ere ashimema: 20244 would be the first for me, 21331 should be fixed by 19893, then 19365
11:39 ere (though the mapping needs to be changed a bit for 21331)
11:39 ashimema ok.. I'll start on 20244 now and try and get that done before my next meeting :)
11:40 ashimema then move onto the others after that :)
11:40 ere ashimema: awesome, thanks!
11:44 magnuse ashimema++
12:03 coyas joined #koha
12:03 coyas hi
12:03 coyas i need advise
12:04 coyas anyone know a server that is perfect to host koha project
12:04 cait it always depens on your requirements
12:04 cait you need root access
12:05 cait and debian or a debian based distro like ubuntu are good, because you can use the packages
12:05 coyas dedicated server for koha
12:06 cait you can run othr things on it
12:06 cait it depends on load etc if you will want to do that
12:07 coyas ok
12:07 coyas ubuntu dedicated server
12:08 coyas i need to buy one, now with credit card
12:09 coyas one that accept credit card
12:13 coyas hello
12:13 cait we host on our own hardware, sorry, can't help with that
12:14 ashimema Where are you located coyas?
12:14 coyas cabo verde
12:15 kidclamp joined #koha
12:15 ashimema We use Bytemark, though they've just been bought by another company.. and are UK based..
12:15 coyas i am from cabo verde
12:15 coyas in africa
12:15 ashimema You may want to find a provider a bit closer.. or more global
12:15 * ashimema runs off for a school run.. bbiab
12:21 ere ashimema++
12:31 cait kidclamp: pling
12:31 * kidclamp waves
12:31 cait ah you are alive :)
12:32 Archie^ Hey guys, anyone can give me advice? :)
12:33 kidclamp I yam, getting things set and working on catching up :-)
12:36 oleonard joined #koha
12:36 oleonard Hi #koha
12:37 andreashm hi oleonard
12:37 wahanui hi oleopard
12:43 oleonard Post upgrade to 18.05.05 my library is seeing some patrons with restrictions have an override button and some don't. Has anyone seen this?
12:43 papa1 joined #koha
12:43 ere hi kidclamp!
12:43 cait what kind of override?
12:44 oleonard I can see it when logged in as superlibrarian so it's not related to user permissions
12:44 cait ah
12:44 cait it's a permission
12:44 cait i guess i misunderstood, you see some so and so?
12:45 papa1 joined #koha
12:46 kidclamp morning ere
12:46 oleonard Two patrons, same library, same patron category, both restricted. One has an "override restriction" button on the checkout page, the other does not.
12:46 kidclamp are they different types of restrictions? overdue/fines versus manuak?
12:46 Joubu same logged-in librarian?
12:47 oleonard Yes, superlibrarian
12:47 ashimema odd
12:47 oleonard Both restricted by the overdues process
12:48 Joubu compare borrowers.debarred?
12:48 Joubu and borrower_debarments?
12:49 Joubu oleonard: ha no, number of issues
12:50 Joubu the "override restriction temporarily" button is displayed [% IF (noissues && patron && CAN_user_circulate_force_checkout) %]
12:51 Joubu hum, noissues is not the number of issues..
12:52 oleonard I think it's a generic flag set when any number of blocking factors is found
12:52 coyas hi
12:54 coyas who had to install koha on ubuntu 16
12:54 papa1 joined #koha
12:54 coyas and work go
12:54 coyas good
12:55 Joubu oleonard: bug 21796 is related, but will not fix your issue I think
12:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21796 major, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Signed Off , Patron Restriction do not restrict checkouts if patron also has a fee/fine on their account
12:56 oleonard I wondered if that was the factor which was different between them, but both accounts have fees on their account.
12:56 Archie^ hey, there is "categoryCode"  in borrowers table, what does it correlates to?
12:57 Joubu oleonard: guarantees?
12:57 Joubu (if NoIssuesChargeGuarantees is set)
12:57 oleonard We don't use guarantors at all
12:57 ashimema ere about still?
12:58 Joubu oleonard: value of noissuescharge vs value of their fines
12:58 ere ashimema: yep
12:59 coyas koha has support for ubuntu 16.04
12:59 Joubu oleonard: code also says to check borrowers.dateexpiry (is 9999?)
12:59 oleonard Joubu: both have fines above the noissuecharge value
13:00 oleonard Both have the same expiration date
13:01 ashimema in bug 20244 I'm happy with everything except the last patch
13:01 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20244 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Signed Off , Elasticsearch - Indexing improvements
13:01 ashimema if people are using zebra for Z3950/SRU services then they still need to be indexing
13:01 ashimema wondering if we can bind the return to a config check for whether they're hosting a public gateway?
13:03 ashimema kidclamp do you happen to know if there's any easy way to tell if someone is using zebra and elastic at the same time (for hosting a public z server for example?)
13:03 Joubu oleonard: I am short of ideas then
13:03 ere ashimema: True. I think it might be best to leave out the last patch and maybe just document that changes are still written in the queue and it should be cleaned up manually if Zebra is not used.
13:04 oleonard Joubu I'm double-checking for inconsistencies between accounts
13:04 ashimema :)
13:05 ashimema tell ya what.. I'll pull the last patch out so it's not lost entirely (would be nice to sort it at some point).. but I'll pass the rest so we're not holding them up :)
13:05 ashimema thanks ere
13:05 ere ashimema: I obsoleted it, and we can revisit it later if necessary.
13:06 ashimema okies
13:06 ashimema thanks
13:06 ere ashimema: It was a single line anyway, so not much work was lost :)
13:06 ashimema it's more the reminder to revisit it than that code lose ;)
13:06 ashimema but yeah.. all good
13:06 kidclamp not that I can think of ashimema, I suppose it is enabled in the koha-conf so could be checked that way?
13:07 ashimema yeah.. but it's enabled outside of the config block.. so I don't tihnk C4::Context gets it.. I might be wrong.
13:09 ashimema ooh.. zebraconfig :)
13:10 magnuse anyone got any examples of external code talking to the new Koha REST API? with authentication etc
13:11 * magnuse will read back later
13:12 kmlussier joined #koha
13:15 oleonard Joubu: Looks like the common factor is 1) A restriction 2) Not expired 3) Has fines
13:15 papa1 joined #koha
13:15 oleonard These all have the checkout field enabled and no override restriction button.
13:18 Freddy_Enrique joined #koha
13:18 Joubu oleonard: could you try 21796?
13:19 oleonard Yes
13:19 Joubu on 18.05, I added a restriction and I saw the button, then I added a fines and then the barcode input was displayed (and so no button), which does not make sense
13:20 Joubu I applied the patch and the input disapears and the button is there
13:22 oleonard Yes that looks like it fixes it
13:23 StarJammer joined #koha
13:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:29 oleonard I've never seen " ||= " before
13:31 ashimema `true or new value`
13:31 ashimema `//=` is useful too oleonard
13:38 Archie^ right, i'm bit confused regarding migration to Koha from different library. Anyone had experiance with Patron migration?
13:43 ashimema So ere.. did you mean bug 21331 is not longer an issue as it's functionality was folded into bug 19893
13:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21331 major, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, BLOCKED , [Elasticsearch] Concatenated subfields are not indexed correctly
13:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19893 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, glasklas, Passed QA , Alternative optimized indexing for Elasticsearch
13:43 ashimema So I can just mark is as RESOLVED DUPLICATE now?
13:44 ere ashimema: Yes, although one needs to use something like 700(ba) as the rule
13:45 ashimema so did we need a corresponding config updating patch perhaps?
13:45 ashimema to make sure everyone is using the newest defaults..
13:45 ashimema or have I missed the detail there
13:45 * ashimema brain is fried
13:45 ere ashimema: I think such configs are not used in the default mappings
13:45 ere I'll double check
13:46 ashimema and do we need the manual upating to reflect new config options made available by by 19893?
13:47 * ashimema doesn't want this improvement to get lost by it not being documented :)
13:48 ere ashimema: I'll add an update for the mappings in bug 19365 since they seem to affect only authorities which were not working properly in the past in any case.
13:48 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19365 major, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, BLOCKED , doesn't work with Elasticsearch
13:48 ashimema awesome.. thanks ere :)
13:49 ere ashimema: But yes, indeed, manual should be updated to reflect that you can concatenate fields with parenthesis
13:51 ashimema I've added a note and aded he 'manual' keyword as well as cc'ing caroline
13:52 ashimema so hopefully she might be able to take care of it if we don't get to it first
13:52 ere ashimema: thanks!
13:52 ashimema we're getting there now
13:52 ashimema sorry kidclamp.. I'm adding to your pile ;)
13:53 kidclamp that's always a good thing, focusing on things that made the slush anyways
13:53 kidclamp (though I want all the enhancements!)
13:53 ashimema hehe
13:58 magnuse enhance all the things!
14:06 oleonard I'd like to highlight a couple of ugly bugs with simple fixes: Bug 21813 and Bug 21814
14:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21813 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , In-page JavaScript causes error on patron entry page
14:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21814 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , System preferences save button can be hidden by language menu
14:06 oleonard It'd be great to get those fixes into the release
14:14 magnuse looks like the cause of my SIP2 woes was a combination of too much traffic and too long timeouts
14:14 magnuse *knock on wood*
14:20 Margaret joined #koha
14:22 tcohen hola
14:24 AndrewIsh Can anyone who's got a moment pull the latest master and check the issues table for a patron. Are you seeing the columns being mismatched with the column headings after the "Home library" column?
14:25 AndrewIsh Hi tcohen
14:29 tcohen AndrewIsh: are you talking about the UI?
14:29 AndrewIsh tcohen:  Yes
14:30 AndrewIsh I'm seeing this:
14:39 oleonard There is a patch for that I think
14:40 oleonard Bug 21777
14:40 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21777 major, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Checkouts table in circulation is out of alignment (Bug 21562)
14:41 AndrewIsh Ahaaa! Thanks oleonard I'm glad I'm not going mad :)
14:42 oleonard I didn't say that...
14:42 tcohen hahaha
14:42 AndrewIsh Mwuhahaha! :-D
14:52 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:54 ashimema ere are there no side effects from removing .phrase from the ES QueryBuilder?
14:55 * ashimema isn't entirely sure he understands why it was there in the first place
14:56 ere ashimema: Umm.. where was that again? :)
14:56 ere ashimema: I just updated bug 19365 with a new mappings.yaml.
14:56 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19365 major, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , doesn't work with Elasticsearch
14:57 ashimema excellent.. ta
14:58 ere ashimema: Ah, you mean the sort field handling? It was moved deeper into where $f is built
14:58 ashimema line 106 of Koha/SearchEngine/Elasticsearch/
14:58 ashimema ish
14:58 ere ashimema: see "sub _sort_field"
14:58 * ashimema reads
14:59 ere ashimema: _sort_field is where we actually know what the field's like, so that's addressing the now-removed comment about taking into account fields without a phrase type
15:00 ashimema excellent.. I see it now
15:00 ashimema it's actually just a nice refactor :)
15:00 ashimema good work
15:00 * ashimema goes back to reading the code
15:00 ashimema there's lots of nice improvements in here
15:01 ere ashimema: It is, but it also makes the authority search functions work in the UI :)
15:02 ashimema oh.. we also add the 'any' index
15:03 ashimema hmm
15:03 ashimema perhaps a minor update of the _sort_field POD may be in order pretty please?
15:04 ashimema as it now handled __sort, .phrase and .raw
15:05 ashimema actually.. the .raw probably doesn't need worrying about.. but the shift of .phrase logic would be nicely to have documented in the POD
15:06 ashimema more removal of Catmandu in here too.. that's nice
15:06 ere ashimema: will fix
15:07 ashimema thanks ere
15:08 cait someone remember where to find the password for sandboxes? the new one? (web installer)
15:09 ashimema so with that very minor followup I'm good to set this one as PQA too :)
15:09 ashimema it's a nice improvment
15:14 ere ashimema: pod updated, is it now along the lines you wanted?
15:15 ere ashimema: In any case, thanks for working on these! I have to leave but will try to address any remaining issues tomorrow.
15:15 ashimema perfect
15:15 ashimema thanks ere
15:39 calire left #koha
15:54 mtompset joined #koha
15:54 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
15:54 mtompset @seen tcohen
15:54 huginn mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 11 minutes, and 49 seconds ago: <tcohen> hahaha
15:54 mtompset tcohen, failed to get your koha-dpkg-docker working
15:55 mtompset @seen Joubu
15:55 huginn mtompset: Joubu was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 34 minutes, and 47 seconds ago: <Joubu> I applied the patch and the input disapears and the button is there
15:55 tcohen @seen mtompset
15:55 huginn tcohen: mtompset was last seen in #koha 18 seconds ago: <mtompset> @seen Joubu
15:55 mtompset @later tell Joubu was unable to get your koha-dpkg-docker working.
15:55 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
15:55 ashimema any unimarc bods here?
15:56 mtompset I'm not, but I'd still be curious to know your question, ashimema. :)
15:57 Joubu mtompset: certainly
15:57 mtompset tcohen, running Ubuntu bionic. cloned your repo. can't build master.
15:57 Joubu me neither
15:57 ashimema hehe
15:57 ashimema Looking at C4/Heading/
15:58 ashimema just wanted to double check it was deliberate that subfield 'u' was skipped in the mapping for $bib_heading_fields
15:58 ashimema I'm writing a QA followup for bug 19365
15:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19365 major, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Needs Signoff , doesn't work with Elasticsearch
15:59 jajm tcohen, are you currently writing a fix for bug 21823 ? otherwise i can make one
15:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21823 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot update or create translations
15:59 tcohen I'm not
15:59 tcohen I just had a long conversation with bernardo about the current status of the translation pipeline
15:59 coyas joined #koha
15:59 mtompset Joubu, okay, that solves 1/3 of my dilemma. :)
16:00 * mtompset grumbles about the whole translation process having arcane magiks.
16:01 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "mtompset: works for me" (1 line) at
16:02 mtompset no, tcohen do master.
16:04 tcohen I might need to update the base image
16:04 tcohen (the pbuilder one)
16:04 tcohen I'm docker build . -t koha-dpkg:master —build-arg BRANCH=master is building the docker image correctly
16:06 StarJammer joined #koha
16:07 mtompset Yes.
16:07 jajm tcohen, patch attached, is there any other problem in the translation pipeline ?
16:07 mtompset It doesn't, but then when I try to run... it blows up saying it is missing dependencies.
16:08 mtompset I mean the build works, and the run fails.
16:08 ashimema no-one bit for my unimarc question
16:08 tcohen ashimema: I'm very good a googling, shoot
16:08 tcohen haha
16:09 ashimema lol
16:09 ashimema I can google too
16:09 ashimema I'll do that myself.. and not distract you ;)
16:09 tcohen mtompset: the base_master.tgz file needs to be updated
16:09 mtompset oh... also... it's build-arg :)
16:09 tcohen ah, yes
16:10 tcohen mtompset: I will fix both (base image and docs)
16:11 tcohen it's the first time someone else uses this :-D
16:11 ashimema I now have a second unimarc question
16:11 ashimema grr
16:11 ashimema they're breeding
16:11 ashimema fridolin about?
16:13 fridolin ashimema: hi, wats up ?
16:13 ashimema was hoping to pick your brains about unimarc authorities?
16:13 fridolin docker ? i dont use it yet
16:14 mtompset tcohen, I started my own which auto-builds... had same problem.
16:14 fridolin ashimema: ah wats the question ?
16:14 ashimema two questions.. is 'u' deliberately missed out from the subfields string in C4::Heading::UNIMARC module
16:14 ashimema and
16:15 ashimema when creating a UNIMARC authority from a biblio do the subfields map accross in the same way as MARC21.. i.e. they're equal.. so if the bib has subfield v, then the corresponding authority should be populated with subfield v that matches.. there's not any 'fun' mapping that should happen is there?
16:16 ashimema I 'think' that latter can be assumed.. if it's not then koha's already doing it wrong
16:19 mtompset tcohen, because it is kind of what I'm trying to do with our Koha, so we can easily move to AWS.
16:19 mtompset We have automation scripts for scaling, etc.
16:19 fridolin is 'u' deliberately missed out ? dont know
16:21 ashimema just looked suspect as all other letters are in there..
16:21 ashimema but not a problem for this particular bug
16:21 fridolin I dont find it in SQL files
16:22 ashimema coolios
16:22 fridolin Ah there should be :  'u', 'Tonalité (pour la musique)'
16:22 fridolin 230 for example
16:22 reiveune bye
16:22 reiveune left #koha
16:23 ashimema oh.. interesting..
16:23 ashimema so it may well be a mistake it's missing then
16:24 ashimema think I'll record it as a new bug to get a wider opinion rather than it being slid into this patchset
16:24 fridolin yep open a bug and has the UNIMARC gods ;)
16:24 fridolin ashimema: send me the number i'll forward to some collegues
16:24 ashimema brill
16:25 fridolin for second question i dont know
16:25 fridolin UNIMARC is UNIMARC ...
16:26 fridolin some configs dont respect the default frameworks so everything can exist
16:27 fridolin but i think indeed, all subfields in biblio field should equal those in autority
16:27 fridolin sorry i have to go, see U tomorrow
16:27 fridolin left #koha
16:27 tcohen mtompset: I've (tried to) update the base_master.tgz image
16:27 tcohen currently building to test it
16:27 ashimema bug 21825 fridolin
16:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21825 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , UNIMARC Authority subfields missing 'u'
16:28 ashimema ta
16:30 mtompset tcohen, okay. :)
16:30 tcohen once I confirm, I will push the koha/koha-dpkg:master image to the registry
16:32 StarKiller joined #koha
16:35 laurence left #koha
16:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: DBRev <[…]37f51bd41d38b0d8b>
16:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: (follow-up) Fix display input in any situations <[…]ab0d7ed9d808b2303>
16:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Remove debug statement <[…]0c92000df1c8cb4b8>
16:36 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Fix deletion of class sources <[…]f28a172a17bb7b66b>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20356: DBRev <[…]d9efdeabc856345b4>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Fix DB structure <[…]0988a6d070dbf3204>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21782: Release team 18.11 in About <[…]800c55e71e9b9935d>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: (follow-up) Fix filters <[…]536310d21232dffcc>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20966: (follow-up) Add template variable filter; Fix table export <[…]cd6866c1e12b7f6d9>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Fix display input in any situations <[…]b43447f2274edf83f>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Handle non-existent regexs <[…]7b540e51ee9d076cc>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Add missing svc script <[…]c2adf27bb42784776>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Add tests <[…]20a7730a3c4547487>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Mark C4::ClassSource subs DEPRECATED <[…]399bad34bc9b09390>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Add the ability to defined custom methods to split call number in labels <[…]e4a5952480e6afd16>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: UI changes <[…]a50eaa236918d7de4>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: DB changes <[…]031f2c1f3912ec7ed>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20966: Add column configuration to table of orders in a basket <[…]d3b5abb1ca44494bd>
16:37 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 20356: Add EmailSMSSendDriverFromAddress system preference <[…]27f3c39d42bbbcaf8>
16:37 cait left #koha
16:42 kidclamp back in a while
16:49 oleonard AndrewIsh: I submitted an alternate patch for Bug 21516. I hope you don't mind
16:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21516 minor, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Request notes CSS bug makes them unreadable
16:50 AndrewIsh oleonard:  Oooh, interesting, no I don't mind at all! :) I'll check it out, thanks!
16:59 AndrewIsh oleonard:  That looks much better than my attempt, many thanks for taking the time to do that. I'll obsolete my patch and sign off yours :)
16:59 oleonard Great!
17:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #609: UNSTABLE in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/609/
17:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #98: UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/98/
17:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #106: UNSTABLE in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/106/
17:14 Joubu kidclamp: why did you break everything again?
17:15 Joubu ( :D )
17:18 mtompset Isn't breaking all the things part of an RM's job? ;)
17:22 * kidclamp looks at joubu
17:25 ashimema Oh noes.. my queues jumped again
17:25 cait joined #koha
17:37 tcohen mtompset: koha-dpkg:master image updated
17:37 tcohen beware it won't build as-is because t/Koha_ExternalContent_RecordedBoooks.t fails
17:41 cait Joubu++
17:41 cait kidclamp++
17:46 tcohen cait: they break master together?
17:46 cait i hadn't seen that....
17:47 * cait wants to hide
17:55 * ashimema was keeping quiet on the brokeness front... I have supreme confidence in the team to put it back together..
17:56 ashimema But right now.... It's dinner time
17:58 tcohen o/
18:19 coyas joined #koha
18:25 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "Please merge my kohadevbox PR, tcohen" (13 lines) at
18:29 alexbuckley joined #koha
18:57 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Remove deprecated subroutines <[…]5bfa4479b73652d52>
18:57 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15836: Fix failing tests <[…]8b68282888eae8777>
19:09 tcohen wooo
19:17 * magnuse cheers everyone on
19:18 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "kidclamp" (11 lines) at
19:27 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #610: FIXED in 28 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/610/
19:29 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #99: FIXED in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U18/99/
19:31 ashimema oleonard I've added a possible fix for the qa ordering of missing filters
19:31 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:32 cait kidclamp++
19:32 cait even failing his own patches
19:32 alexbuckley hi all
19:32 tcohen @seen drojf
19:32 huginn tcohen: drojf was last seen in #koha 3 weeks, 5 days, 12 hours, 49 minutes, and 39 seconds ago: * drojf waves
19:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #107: FIXED in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/107/
19:34 ashimema hehe
19:35 ashimema master fixed.. woop woop
19:42 oleonard See you later, all
19:55 magnuse anyone got any examples of external code talking to the new Koha REST API? with authentication etc. i have someone wanting to talk to the api, but they can't get it to work and i have not played with the new api myself yet
19:59 mtompset Not I.
20:00 cait me neither yet
20:00 cait ah, coral
20:00 cait coral does with vendors
20:00 magnuse ooh, innaresting!
20:01 cait[…]t-ils-integration
20:01 ashimema good night koha
20:02 magnuse have fun ashimema
20:03 magnuse cait: and[…]nt/KohaClient.php
20:03 magnuse cait++
20:03 cait :)
20:03 cait glad it's helpful
20:05 * magnuse always finds cait helpful
20:05 * magnuse gotta run
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21777: (QA follow-up) Fix colspan in the footer <[…]fa96cdae8ebbc9579>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 17597: Outdated translation credits <[…]8e5ef83b0b0ccfa6a>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21777: Add a regression test <[…]3ec0e6510d6010bbf>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21777: Fix circulation table alignment <[…]da7189acacfc1b050>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21799: Change wording for quantity input field on order receive page <[…]4b084f6ba43f48d11>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: (follow-up) Display a summary line per parent_ordernumber <[…]f167f88fe988d0b8c>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Prevent tests to fail <[…]fcedb032dada63d7c>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: (QA follow-up) Move hint a little bit <[…]06c773964494515a3>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: (QA follow-up) Fix filter and variable declaration in .t <[…]fb8d6e713a2f3a98d>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Display a summary line per parent_ordernumber <[…]01b6dbd40e1254edf>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Fix default sort <[…]0ae98009a643435e2>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Display the quantity and adjust the amounts <[…]da1fdb9037f9d1277>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Do not erase the internal note of the first order <[…]76e75e4a6697083f8>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Add subscription's info when ordering <[…]57edf63f27f061d93>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Add treetable to subscription detail to group orders by parent ordernumber <[…]8b798b04b0db38e1c>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21467: Allow several receipts for a given subscription <[…]58317a9f10f5c38a2>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 9775: Unitprice should be hidden when creating an order <[…]9f9eaa3f5bff0dbed>
21:15 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21282: Sync ordered and spent values with acqui home <[…]ad418717d12eeae37>
21:22 Freddy_Enrique left #koha
21:32 alexbuckley_ joined #koha
21:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #100: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/100/
21:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #611: SUCCESS in 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D9/611/
21:47 kidclamp phew
21:47 kidclamp running off now
21:49 cait well done
21:49 cait kidclamp++
21:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D8 build #108: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D8/108/
22:06 lukeG joined #koha
22:44 CrispyBran joined #koha
22:45 * CrispyBran waves
22:46 CrispyBran @seen mtompset
22:46 huginn CrispyBran: mtompset was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 47 minutes, and 0 seconds ago: <mtompset> Not I.
22:49 CrispyBran Greetings #koha
22:53 CrispyBran This place is hopping!
23:02 * CrispyBran drops a pin
23:22 irma_ joined #koha
23:58 mtompset You think is quiet... check the logs for the weekend.
23:58 mtompset That was quiet!

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary