IRC log for #koha, 2018-09-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 Kabuki joined #koha
00:42 kathryn joined #koha
01:08 kmlussier joined #koha
03:20 hjb2 joined #koha
04:15 paxed @wunder joensuu
04:15 huginn` paxed: Joensuu, Finland :: Overcast :: 57F/14C | Wednesday: Considerable cloudiness with occasional rain showers. High 64F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy this evening followed by increasing clouds with showers developing after midnight. Low 53F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 40%.
05:29 calire joined #koha
05:32 calire hi #koha
05:35 cait joined #koha
05:41 sophie_m joined #koha
05:45 paxed cait: i'm working on making the acq page load the pending table dynamically on search
05:46 cait nice
06:04 ashimema Mornin' #koha
06:04 calire hi ashimema
06:04 ashimema ooh.. I forgot about the documentation meeting..
06:04 ashimema oops
06:05 paxed well, that seems to work. just need some polish, and actual user testing.
06:05 fridolin joined #koha
06:06 fridolin hi there
06:06 calire hi fridolin
06:11 * ashimema wonders why we don't just use camel_case names for images in the manual.. there's no need for a complicated numerical categorisation scheme..
06:13 laurence joined #koha
06:18 ashimema anyone know if there live streaming planned for kohacon?
06:20 cait joined #koha
06:25 cait1 joined #koha
06:27 cait2 joined #koha
06:31 magnuse \o/
06:32 calire hey magnuse
06:41 aleisha joined #koha
06:41 cait2 left #koha
06:53 kohaputti joined #koha
06:53 andrew_ joined #koha
06:54 alex_a joined #koha
06:55 laurence joined #koha
06:55 alex_a bonjour
07:07 paul_p joined #koha
07:10 cait joined #koha
07:13 paxed cait: looks like our main acq person wants my improvements asap
07:14 Evidox joined #koha
07:17 Evidox Hello, I havev an issue with recovering koha database from mysql folder as my client's server hard disk crashed. They had not made any backups since the use of Koha ILS. So my option was to recover database from MySQL database files (copy from old to new installation). But the problem i am having is that on loading the staff client interface, the web installation restarts and after selecting defaults, i get a Software Error like this:  DBIx::Class::Storage::
07:23 andreashm joined #koha
07:23 * andreashm waves
07:25 cait paxed: understandable
07:25 cait morning all
07:26 andreashm hi cait
07:27 andreashm and hi #koha
07:30 * cait grumps about bugzilla spammers
07:30 greenjimll joined #koha
07:30 cait lately they target tickets with print/printer and leave spammy comments with bad links
07:36 andreashm anyone know if the code for placing a hold where a patrons expirydate is today, has changed recently? (we noticed a change upgrading to 17.11)
07:36 andreashm using the rest endpoint, with 16.05 it was ok to place a hold where the patrons expiry was the same date, now with 17.11 it doesn't work.
07:37 andreashm any changes to the api (hold endpoint), or place reserves?
07:40 * andreashm digs into Bugzilla
07:42 cait andreashm: not aware, sorry. could it be your configuration for expired patrons changed?
07:43 cait there is the pref and the category type setting
07:47 andreashm cait: prefs seem ok
07:48 andreashm it's possible to plöace a hold with expirydate = the same date the hold is placed from the staff interface, but not through the api.
07:48 andreashm wondering if this is a bug, or done on purpose? or if we missed something. =)
07:48 andreashm place, not plöace
07:49 andreashm (this is a very minor issue, but still)
07:51 cait maybe file it under rest api - could be adate inclusive/exclusive thing somewhere
07:56 andreashm possibly.
07:57 cait meeting - bbl
07:57 paxed cait: basically, i changed the pending orders table to work like the member search - show nothing, until you search, do the search on server side
08:20 alexbuckley joined #koha
08:28 Evidox joined #koha
08:36 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #54: SUCCESS in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/54/
08:38 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #54: SUCCESS in 29 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D9/54/
08:53 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #52: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/52/
08:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:35 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:42 laurence left #koha
09:59 alex_a joined #koha
10:23 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #55: SUCCESS in 21 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/55/
10:23 kellym joined #koha
10:24 Evidox I have a problem with koha database recovery.
10:24 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #55: UNSTABLE in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D9/55/
10:26 Evidox My client's hard disk crashed and they had  never made backups, therefore there is no database dump available. My option was to copy from MySQL files of the crashed disk and paste in the new one.
10:26 Evidox I was able to recover it but while running Web installer. It returned an error like this:
10:28 Evidox DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::_dbh_execute(): Table 'koha_library.search_field' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/ line 110.
10:30 cait1 joined #koha
10:33 eythian Evidox: if you have a database dump, you shouldn't need to run the web installer.
10:33 eythian (unless things have changed since I last looked at it.)
10:39 Evidox i couldnt do the dump as the hard disk had crashed and therefore not bootable
10:39 Evidox I also tried using a live CD but it didn't work
10:43 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #53: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/53/
10:52 laurence1 joined #koha
10:52 laurence1 left #koha
11:11 andreashm joined #koha
11:13 tuxayo joined #koha
11:17 cait joined #koha
11:18 valterbarreira[m] joined #koha
11:27 cait left #koha
11:28 oleonard joined #koha
11:29 oleonard Hi all
11:30 calire hi oleonard
11:30 wahanui hi oleopard
11:33 eythian wahanui: good bot
11:33 wahanui :)
11:43 alex_a joined #koha
11:54 ncbaratta joined #koha
12:00 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:17 marcelr joined #koha
12:17 marcelr hi #koha
12:19 kidclamp hi marcelr
12:19 marcelr o/
12:25 oleonard Hi marcelr and kidclamp
12:25 marcelr hi oleonard
12:25 wahanui hi oleopard
12:28 kidclamp hi oleonard
12:28 wahanui hi oleopard
12:28 oleonard I had a dream last night that I got to Portland and rangi reminded me that I'd signed up to do a presentation
12:30 kellym_ joined #koha
12:36 oleonard In the Hackfest description it says "There will be plenty of breaks for coffee, snacks and mingling" and I read it at first as "coffee, snacks and snuggling." I may be getting a little TOO excited for KohaCon.
12:44 magnuse tee hee
12:45 fridolin kidclamp: hi, I'm preparing my trip so I will not be at meeting today.
12:45 fridolin nothing special concerning RMaint :D
12:48 * oleonard imagines fridolin polishing his stainless steel shock-proof hat box
12:48 fridolin XD i bring my brown hat indeed
12:49 fridolin I have trained my english with Netflix, I'm ready guys ;)
12:49 cc_ joined #koha
12:50 oleonard Oh good you can catch me up on Star Trek Discovery
12:54 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:58 ashimema joined #koha
12:58 ashimema lol
13:01 kidclamp meeting time!
13:01 kidclamp #startmeeting General IRC meeting 5 September 2018
13:01 huginn` Meeting started Wed Sep  5 13:01:40 2018 UTC.  The chair is kidclamp. Information about MeetBot at
13:01 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:01 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_5_september_2018'
13:01 kidclamp #topic Introductions
13:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:02 thd joined #koha
13:02 kidclamp #info Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
13:02 cc_ #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe
13:03 calire #info Claire Gravely, BSZ
13:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
13:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
13:05 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_5_September_2018 Agenda
13:05 kidclamp #topic Announcements
13:05 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:06 kidclamp KohaCon! It is soon! Huzzah!
13:06 kidclamp anyone else :-)
13:06 calire \o/
13:07 oleonard \o\ \o/ /o/
13:08 ashimema :(
13:08 mtompset joined #koha
13:09 * ashimema wonders if his irc connection has gone bad again
13:09 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
13:09 kidclamp #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]/Kohacon18/Social kohacon social info
13:09 kidclamp no ashimema , just distracted
13:09 kidclamp :-)
13:09 ashimema phew
13:10 kidclamp #topic Update on releases
13:10 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:10 kidclamp Frido said all things are happy for him
13:10 kidclamp ashimema?
13:10 wahanui somebody said ashimema was RMaint for 18.05 ?
13:11 cait joined #koha
13:11 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
13:11 ashimema all good here.. just catching up after a weeks leave.
13:11 * ashimema thanks kidclamp for covering the final release bits in his absence last week
13:12 kidclamp ashimema++
13:12 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ
13:12 * oleonard thanks ashimema for not dying in a terrible IRC-related road accident
13:12 ashimema that's it from me
13:13 kidclamp I am getting the queue as clean as possible before Kohacon
13:13 ashimema lol
13:13 kidclamp there are several majors /critical/blockers that could use attention
13:13 cait my theory is that it will fill quickly at the hackfet, recommend the qa team to clean up too :)
13:13 kidclamp pushing ES work along, would still like to see Mana and Stock Rotation move forward
13:13 * ashimema is also happy he didn't fall off his bike (into a canal or otherwise) whilst irc'ing on his bike.
13:14 kidclamp yes, everyone should get things setup for fast movement at kohacon
13:14 ashimema SR is moving forward nicely now.. thanks tcohen
13:14 kidclamp the SCSS and XSS patches mean many rebases and we are slowly cleaning up issues caused by those
13:14 cait yes, rebase, update test plans, etc.
13:14 ashimema (and bag)
13:14 kidclamp thanks to all, I am excited for this release :-)
13:14 oleonard Oh my god the rebases.
13:15 * calire prepares for sign-offs
13:15 kidclamp #info Stable branches are good, master is coming along, please see majors and prepare patches before kohacon
13:15 ashimema poor oleonard.. but you'd prefer it this way than the other ;)
13:15 oleonard Idea: new Koha Academy, 100% rebasing.
13:15 kidclamp poor ashimema has to deal with all the rebases for backports :-)
13:16 ashimema I knew what I was getting into when I started QAin'g them ;)
13:16 ashimema lead by example aye :S
13:17 kidclamp moving on :-)
13:17 kidclamp #topic Updates for the About page
13:17 Topic for #koha is now Updates for the About page (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:17 cait that was me
13:18 cait there was a request from bulac to be added to the about page that led to some dicussion
13:18 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D8 build #56: SUCCESS in 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D8/56/
13:18 cait at themoment we have different sections on the page
13:18 cait we add new devs, but not libraries
13:18 cait we've got a special thanks at the very top
13:19 cait then the release teams, the devs, then contributing companies and institutions and additional thanks
13:19 cait so the question was mostly about how we want to handle instiutions and where they shoudl go
13:19 jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
13:19 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_D9 build #56: FIXED in 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_18.05_D9/56/
13:19 ashimema that page is a bit of a mess..
13:19 ashimema been ages since I've properly looked at it.
13:20 cait one ideas was to add all the libraries from the release notes that used the sponsored-by line
13:20 cait maybe a little messy, but i think important
13:20 cait recognition is about the only thing the community can offer
13:20 ashimema totally agree we should add them
13:21 tuxayo New tab?
13:21 ashimema sponsored by used to go into the timeline..
13:21 ashimema not seeing any mentions since 2009 though
13:22 oleonard I think using "sponsored by" in the future to add to "Contributing companies and institutions" is a good idea
13:22 ashimema would be nice to get that up to date with appropriate features and their sponsorship in my opinion.
13:22 cait +1
13:22 oleonard I wonder though what to do with "special thanks" and "additional thanks"
13:23 cait ashimema: i don't think it did - only for big stuff at the beginning, but not continuiously (timeline)
13:23 ashimema not sure I like the 'Special thanks' section to be honest... are those contributor still more special than any other contributors?
13:23 cait hlt? sure
13:23 ashimema it would be nice to have it in there though cait :)
13:23 thd What counts as "special" and why do we need a distinction between "special" and "additional"?
13:23 cait i thnk without the early adopters we wouldn't be here now
13:24 andrew_ Hey all. Can anyone explain why calls to KohaTable that previously worked, now need a .api() call preceding them? For example, something like: var table = KohaTable('#selector', {...};'').....   would have worked fine, but now it needs .api() between table & search, i.e. table.api().search('').... I've tried to track back the relevant change, but failed :(
13:24 oleonard Maybe we should have only HLT under special and move other orgs under "Contributing companies"
13:24 oleonard andrew_: IRC meeting now
13:25 andrew_ Doh, of course, sorry
13:25 thd I prefer something like "initial work sponsored by".
13:25 ashimema I dunno.. I'd say 'Special' has a place for regularly sponsors/contributors over a certain level or something?
13:25 cait hard to measure that something
13:26 cait it's a bit of a possible mine field
13:26 oleonard Yeah, and brings ongoing maintenance of a different kind
13:26 cait maybe we just move up the instiuttions and merge?
13:26 cait hm oh
13:26 cait i think i see a schema
13:26 ashimema just seems odd the ones that are in there.. the OPAC star ratings sponsorship one for example.. that seems a relatively small contribution to warrant an up the top mention.. maybe I'm just being a bit harsh
13:26 cait move the libraries up
13:26 cait and leave the companies below
13:26 ashimema indeed
13:26 cait most of the contributing are companies
13:26 ashimema Yeah.. that could work for me
13:27 cait ok so we have
13:27 cait add sponsored-by libraries to the top from release notes
13:27 cait add libraries from contributing to top
13:27 mtompset Perhaps monetary/hardware vs. software changes?
13:27 cait leave companies at the bottom
13:28 cait too hard
13:28 mtompset Yes, probably is too hard.
13:28 cait i think if someone wants to have what they sponsored it's ok, but often it would be too hard to track
13:28 kidclamp maybe link to a wiki page "Special thanks" and anyone who wants can go crazy there
13:28 ashimema what about sponsored features in the timeline.. should that be covered in such a decision?
13:29 kidclamp I like adding sponsored by tot he timeline, someone will need to script or be patient to make it retroactive
13:29 mtompset -- Hmmm.... I'm not really for that.
13:29 ashimema why so mtompset?
13:29 mtompset the wiki idea, that is.
13:29 ashimema oh.. did you mean the wiki link?
13:29 * ashimema has caught up
13:30 mtompset Sorry for not being clear. :)
13:30 * ashimema wonders how the 'Translations' tab is kept up to date whilst we're talking this stuff
13:30 oleonard I think "sponsored by" in the timeline doesn't make sense now that we're putting "sponsored by" in bugzilla -- we get into judgement about what is a big enough sponsorship to put in the timeline
13:31 kidclamp would it not just be the first?
13:31 mtompset oleonard, true. Though, counting the number of sponsored-by bugs for a given sponsor doesn't require judgments.
13:31 kidclamp devs get in for any patch, any sponsorship can go in
13:31 cait not for the wiki idea either
13:31 cait i like that the abotu page gets qa
13:32 kidclamp the overhead cost is low for adding
13:32 ashimema indeed
13:32 cait i think the sponsoring int he timeline is not happening anyway
13:32 cait so we can ignore that
13:32 mtompset kidclamp, the problem with the wiki idea is that it is open to more abuse. There are parties which may add themselves for every single bug patch they submit.
13:33 mtompset But we could have another sponsored-by timeline?
13:33 cait i think keep it out of timeline
13:33 ashimema I'd prefer to see what feature was sponsored in the timeline myself.. rather than 'first feature'.. anywho.. that's just another piece of fun to add
13:34 cait it's nto a good place, because of dates and all
13:34 kidclamp Sure, I don't like the idea of having to judge who gets what special thanks
13:34 thd Sponsorship could also be added to attribution comments in file headers, although, the audience who would see those is small.
13:34 kidclamp so wiki would be more of a fun page
13:34 kidclamp would allow for low level thanks
13:34 ashimema wow.. there's been 200 new devs since I joined the effort
13:34 ashimema blimey
13:35 kidclamp "Kidclamp thanks cait for touring german castle"
13:35 cait the last entry in timeline is dec 2017... it needs more work
13:35 cait ?
13:35 cait oh
13:35 cait lol
13:35 cait you are welcome?
13:35 ashimema huh
13:36 cait oftn it might be a bug fix that is sponsored
13:36 cait relaly hard to keep updated
13:36 ashimema April 16th 2018 is the last entry I see in the timeline
13:36 cait i think just the name still, we are not good with updating stuff
13:36 cait ashimema: ... right. looking at 17.11 *hides*
13:36 kidclamp #chair cait
13:36 huginn` Current chairs: cait kidclamp
13:36 mtompset Does that make you feel old now, ashimema? ;)
13:37 cait so do we have a decision?
13:37 marcelr :)
13:37 mtompset on what exactly again?
13:37 cait are we ok with adding BULAC at least? to special thanks for elastic etc
13:37 kidclamp +1
13:37 cait updates for the about page
13:38 marcelr no objection to thank somebody
13:38 kidclamp but I don't want to have this conversation every time we want to add someone :-)
13:38 mtompset Were they the ones that pushed it?
13:38 marcelr its just 20 mins kidclamp
13:38 mtompset pushed for it, that is.
13:38 thd +1
13:38 kidclamp :-b
13:38 calire +1
13:38 mtompset If so, yes.
13:38 ashimema +1
13:39 cait they've tested a lot and are users... so no objection from me
13:39 jenkins Project Koha_18.05_U18 build #54: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_18.05_U18/54/
13:39 cait financial side i can't tell
13:39 kidclamp they did extensive testing are using in production and sponsored biblibre mtompset
13:39 mtompset Then, why are we even discussing this? It should be a +1 obviously.
13:39 ncbaratta_ joined #koha
13:39 cait ok, so special thank for bulac and add sponsored by at least to contributing?
13:39 ashimema yup.. throw them in
13:39 cait ok
13:39 cait so ewe can move on with that bug, all I want :D
13:40 * cait dreams of empty queues sometimes
13:40 cait moving on? i got something about kohacon
13:40 kidclamp Whose job to add to Contributing? RM? We can figure that later, or just allow those who care to do so
13:40 cait could be a good academy task too
13:40 cait for kohacon
13:41 kidclamp #info Agreed to add BULAC to special thanks and begin adding entities that sponsor devs to teh 'Contributing' section
13:41 kidclamp move on cait ;-)
13:41 cait thx
13:42 cait I just noticed that we had another bid added for KohaCon19
13:42 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon19_Proposals
13:42 cait it's too late as we already are in voting phase
13:42 cait how should we handle it? undo and move to a new page? but can't assume they want to bid for 2020 too
13:42 ashimema ooh
13:42 ashimema that page looks messed up to me now
13:42 marcelr yeah
13:42 marcelr restore older one?
13:43 cait yeah it looks like they accidentally added to the header row
13:43 cait i really have my hands full, would someone be willing to send an email maybe?
13:43 mtompset We were already in voting phase... restore old page, put them up on KohaCon2020 page, and then ask them if they are willing to do it for 2020.
13:43 cait i can undo the wiki change i think
13:44 ashimema not even sure I can actually work out who they are
13:44 cait there is email addresse
13:44 cait addresses
13:44 ashimema ah yes.. it's merged into the heading
13:44 thd I can create a new wiki page for 2020 and ask them to contribute their.
13:44 kidclamp thanks thd
13:44 ashimema 'Islamic University Islamabad Pakistan'
13:44 cait thx thd
13:44 ashimema yeah.. go for the thd
13:45 cait thd will you undo the changes to 19 when done?
13:45 ashimema thanks
13:45 cait then i won't touch it
13:45 thd Yes
13:45 cait thd++
13:45 kidclamp #action thd will contact International Islamic University  about moving their kohacon bid to 2020 as it was submitted after voting phase began
13:46 cait all from me now thx!
13:46 kidclamp Anyone else have topics before we set next meeting?
13:46 kidclamp #topic Next meeting
13:46 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 5 September 2018)
13:46 kidclamp October 3rd, 20 UTC?
13:46 cait hm maybe check if the docs meeting is there
13:47 cait sec
13:47 kidclamp i don't see it on calendar (yet anyways)
13:47 cait it's 2 October 2018, 21:00 UTC - all good
13:47 cait we had discussed several dates yesterday
13:48 kidclamp #info Next meeting: 3 October 2018, 20 UTC
13:48 cait kidclamp++
13:48 kidclamp #endmeeting
13:48 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
13:48 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Sep  5 13:48:21 2018 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
13:48 huginn` Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-05-13.01.html
13:48 huginn` Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]8-09-05-13.01.txt
13:48 huginn` Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]05-13.01.log.html
13:48 kidclamp Thanks all!
13:48 calire kidclamp++
13:49 oleonard kidclamp++
13:49 ashimema kidclamp++
13:49 mtompset And now that the meeting is over...
13:49 mtompset Is anyone familiar with bug 20300?
13:49 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20300 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Import authorities data fail in module Stage MARC record for import
13:50 oleonard andrew_: Still around?
13:50 andrew_ oleonard: Yep, one moment...
13:51 andrew_ oleonard: Apologies for gatecrashing the meeting, I knew it was on, brain fade!
13:51 oleonard No problem. I had to have a stern talk with jenkins too.
13:51 oleonard andrew_: Where are you seeing the problem?
13:52 kidclamp mtompset:  that line means the file is excluded from plack - so any errors should be in the intranet-error.log
13:53 andrew_ oleonard: I've been seeing it with ILL, I've been addressing some problems for customers. It's specifically being used in bug 20600, when I developed that it all worked fine, but I'm now seeing it breaking and me having to start using table.api().whatever
13:53 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Provide the ability for users to filter ILL requests
13:54 andrew_ oleonard: I'm just trying to get my head around when it changed and how#
13:54 kidclamp mtompset: this patch can help you see what the error is too: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=19417
13:54 huginn` Bug 19417: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Failed QA , Improve display of errors from background job during stage for import
13:56 oleonard andrew_: Do you have an example in existing code?
13:57 andrew_ oleonard:  This patch, which was done by you coincidentally. Every instance of "table." needs replacing with "table.api()."
13:58 andrew_ oleonard:  https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]77697&action=diff
13:58 andrew_ oleonard:  Oh, actually...
13:59 andrew_ oleonard:  I'm just looking at the versions in use where I'm seeing problems and it's, so I'm wondering if I've got it the wrong way round. The requirement for .api() is a legacy thing that I didn't encounter when I developed for Bug 20600 on master
13:59 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Provide the ability for users to filter ILL requests
14:00 andrew_ oleonard:  And when it's backported to 17.11, the api() requirement still exists maybe?
14:01 andrew_ oleonard:  I'm very confused, if you can't already tell
14:01 oleonard I've never seen this problem before. Have you seen a place in existing 17.11.x code which requires this fix?
14:05 andrew_ oleonard:  This is the only example I could find[…]
14:07 andrew_ oleonard:  It looks like it was implemented that way, rather than being changed as a fix
14:08 andrew_ oleonard:  I'm wondering if it's something to do with the way the KohaTable object is being instantiated that's different to all the other occurrences
14:14 mtompset joined #koha
14:15 fridolin left #koha
14:15 oleonard andrew_: Unfortunately Bug 20600 needs a rebase
14:15 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Signed Off , Provide the ability for users to filter ILL requests
14:16 andrew_ oleonard:  Ah, I'm not surprised, it was a while ago. I'll do that now, thanks for highlighting that :)
14:19 andrew_ What's the procedure now for rebasing on top of the new staff-global.css?
14:20 oleonard Make changes to staff-global.scss only. RM will commit compiled staff-global.css
14:20 * ashimema has been extracting css changes, converting them to scss and adding them into the .scss file
14:20 ashimema but.. I'm awaiting feedback on that aproach from oleonard ;)
14:21 oleonard Sounds right to me ashimema
14:22 ashimema :)
14:22 ashimema it's pretty manual though andrew_ .. as the css is no minified git really won't help you much
14:23 andrew_ So if I'm rebasing, should I just skip the conflicting patch for staff-global.css and copy the changes into staff-global.scss?
14:25 ashimema yuo
14:25 ashimema yup
14:26 andrew_ Roger, thanks
14:26 calire left #koha
14:29 deb-CSPL joined #koha
14:43 alex_a joined #koha
14:51 killer_bee[m] joined #koha
14:51 davidnind[m] joined #koha
14:53 laurence joined #koha
15:08 oleonard Speaking of the About page: Bug 21317
15:09 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21317 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Format long lists under Koha Team tab as columns
15:09 ashimema nice
15:15 edveal joined #koha
15:41 cait left #koha
15:43 kidclamp https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=16219
15:43 huginn` Bug 16219: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , should allow sql paramters to be passed on the command line.
15:52 andrew_ oleonard:  I've now rebased Bug 20600, so it will hopefully apply now!
15:52 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, andrew.isherwood, Needs Signoff , Provide the ability for users to filter ILL requests
16:12 DigitalGoddess joined #koha
16:17 oleonard kidclamp: Did this comment? https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=20217#c16
16:17 huginn` Bug 20217: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Make header's catalog search menu into a split button
16:18 cait joined #koha
16:25 mtompset @seen tcohen
16:25 huginn` mtompset: tcohen was last seen in #koha 2 days, 0 hours, 59 minutes, and 39 seconds ago: <tcohen> tuxayo: I think so
16:25 mtompset The whole zebra reset_all stuff is noisy busted in the kohadevbox. :(
17:13 Shane-S joined #koha
17:14 Shane-S is there a way to restore deleted patrons or even see a listing of removed patrons? My librarian likes to remove people immediately...but a couple came back...would like to keep their checkout history if possible vs making a new patron
17:17 Shane-S I would guess the best method is to expire them instead of delete the patron?
17:20 tuxayo Shane-S: The deletedborrowers http://schema.koha-community.o[…]tedborrowers.html
17:20 tuxayo This table should still have everything.
17:21 tuxayo But you have to check that the checkout history isn't deleted on cascade...
17:21 tuxayo There is a lot of hope that everything is still there
17:23 tuxayo > I would guess the best method is to expire them instead of delete the patron?
17:23 tuxayo Shane-S  Expire and use in a cronjob `misc/cronjobs/` with the right params to remove the patrons expired since one year for example.
17:26 laurence left #koha
17:29 kmlussier joined #koha
17:30 Shane-S tuxayo: ty, I will advise her on that and then maybe I just manually run that script at the end of a school year. We have had a few people leave and come back after a year, but most are within a year that they come back.
17:35 ncbaratta joined #koha
17:35 kidclamp yes oleonard and it worked for me now
17:36 oleonard Cool.
17:38 mtompset Has anyone done a vagrant destroy; vagrant up lately? I believe the koha-conf.xml file is not correctly rewritten busting reindexing (if you haven't switched to elasticsearch?) when you reset_all.
17:38 mtompset cut and paste and tweaked some lines into my koha-conf.xml to fix it. :)
17:44 caroline_ joined #koha
17:45 thd kidclamp: I moved the late proposal from KohaCon19 Proposals to KohaCon20 Proposals, however, they are not likely to receive my email because is liable to classify messages from my mail server as junk because I do not have the expected anti-spam security configuration for my mail server mx records.  I would like you to forward my message if you would please.
17:45 kidclamp sure, send it my way
17:45 caroline_ Hi everybody!
17:45 oleonard Hi caroline_
17:46 caroline_ LeeJ emailed me about the pakistani proposal, is this what you're talking about?
17:46 thd kidclamp: Their second contact has a nonworking email address listed.
17:53 kidclamp yes caroline_
17:53 caroline_ +1
17:54 thd Yes, International Islamic University, Islamabad, Pakistan.  I corrected and moved the proposal to KohaCon20 Proposals.
17:54 thd https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#Proposals_Period
17:54 thd https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon20_Proposals
17:55 caroline_ perfect. I wouldn't have added it to the poll anyways since it has already been going on for several week and ~300 ppl have already answered
17:56 thd Even if the poll had not started but the proposal was still late it would have been too problematic to add.
17:57 thd We would have needed a current discussion for how to count prioritised votes for more than two choices in the absence of an outright majority.
17:57 caroline_ right
17:59 caroline_ Is it normal that the minutes from this morning's meeting are not on the wiki yet? Does it take a couple of days to get on there?
17:59 thd They had some terrible formatting along with many spelling errors but I transformed it for KohaCon20 to be neat and readable.
18:00 * thd disappears to do errands for his neighbour
18:00 kidclamp they do usually go right up, probably it means I didn't obey Joubu's direction caroline_
18:00 cait thd++
18:02 cait i think he might have to run the script manually? not sure
18:02 cait caroline_: hast the links )
18:02 caroline_ kidclamp: hopefully, Joubu is not too tough with disobeying colleagues ;)
18:02 cait an dusually reminds me that i talk too much here
18:03 kidclamp I am much less afraid of Joubu than I used to be
18:03 oleonard But not completely unafraid.
18:04 kidclamp I am not a fool, I don't want an angry Joubu
18:04 * oleonard nods sagely
18:04 caroline_ Joubu = iron fist in a velvet glove?
18:05 cait heh
18:05 edveal joined #koha
18:06 cait I am not sur eif htat's really possible
18:09 ashimema poor joubu
18:13 cait i mean making him angry
18:14 cait but better not try
18:17 Serendipity joined #koha
18:27 edveal I have a kohadevbox question, is there anyone that can help me. tcohen, helped me get it set up again but the indexer is not running. I have added things to the catalog but nothing is coming up in search results.
18:27 kidclamp sudo koha-indexer --start kohadev
18:28 cait are you using zebra or elasticserach?
18:28 cait but probably what kidclamp said :)
18:28 kidclamp good point, if ES may just need a full reindex
18:29 oleonard kidclamp: When you're driving to Portland can you swing by Ohio and pick me up?
18:30 kidclamp I will do that when I drive to Portland
18:30 kidclamp though this trip I am flying
18:31 * oleonard turns off the porch light
18:31 edveal do I run that from in kohadevbox or koha?
18:46 mtompset I wonder, edveal, did you see some warnings about _CAPS_THINGS_ when you attempt a reindex?
18:46 mtompset Because I found my koha-conf.xml busted when I tried to get my stretch kohadevbox up this morning.
18:48 edveal No I am just getting command not found.
18:52 mtompset so you did a vagrant up and a vagrant ssh... and then you type that command and get command not found?
18:54 edveal Yes and now I am getting this:  [FAIL] Error: Indexer already running for kohadev: failed!
18:57 cait @wunder portland
18:57 huginn` cait: Portland, OR :: Clear :: 50F/10C | Wednesday: Sunny. High 89F. Winds light and variable. Wednesday Night: A clear sky. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.
18:57 caroline_ ooh 10C that's cold!
18:58 cait eeek yah
18:58 caroline_ I saw that it would be around 20-25 next week when I checked
18:58 cait colder than i thought it would be
18:58 cait same, even a bit more in weather report here
18:58 mtompset @wunder brampton
18:58 huginn` mtompset: Brampton, Ontario :: Partly Cloudy :: 86F/30C | Heat Index: 93F/34C | Wednesday: Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High near 90F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy skies. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low 66F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
18:58 mtompset @wunder orangeville
18:58 huginn` mtompset: Orangeville, Ontario :: Clear :: 87F/30C | Heat Index: 92F/33C | Wednesday: Partly cloudy. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. High 87F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy this evening with more clouds for overnight. A stray shower or thunderstorm is possible. Low 61F. Winds WNW at 10 to 15 mph.
18:59 cait @wunder Konstanz
18:59 huginn` cait: Konstanz, Germany :: Clear :: 69F/21C | Wind Chill: 69F/21C | Wednesday: Mainly clear. Lows overnight in the upper 50s. Wednesday Night: A few passing clouds. Low 57F. Winds light and variable.
18:59 oleonard Bye #koha
18:59 caroline_ heat index 34C mtompset I feel for you
18:59 mtompset That's much nicer weather, cait.
18:59 cait1 joined #koha
19:00 mtompset I stay indoors. No biggie for me... well, maybe this afternoon when I walk around a parking lot for exercise.
19:00 caroline_ here indoors 24C, wind chill (aka AC) 16C
19:00 mtompset Anyone care to sign off bug 21281?
19:00 huginn` Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21281 blocker, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Label Template - Creation not working
19:01 cait2 joined #koha
19:04 cait3 joined #koha
19:12 cait1 joined #koha
20:18 rangi morning
20:18 caroline_ good morning rangi!
20:26 andreashm joined #koha
20:26 * andreashm waves
20:26 rangi hi andreashm
20:26 caroline_ hi andreashm!
20:26 andreashm hi rangi
20:26 andreashm and caroline_
20:30 kathryn joined #koha
20:33 cait morning rangi
20:39 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:43 rangi andreashm: how's the presentation writing going?
20:46 andreashm rangi: well, I've started at least. =)
20:46 andreashm and you?
20:47 * cait1 grumps and hides
20:47 rangi sorta :) the one im doing by myself is getting there, but the one cait and I are doing together we probably won't get done until we are there
20:47 andreashm double-cait?
20:47 * cait1 waves
20:47 rangi the timezone diffs make working on it hard
20:47 cait1 how else i am supposed to get everything done?
20:47 cait1 yeah, you just get to work at 10 pm... lazy
20:48 andreashm cait1: finally it all makes sense. =)
20:48 rangi heh
20:48 cait1 :)
20:49 andreashm so I heard whispers of an international sweets/snacks-table at the con (or was it the hackfest)?
20:49 rangi usually the hackfest
20:50 andreashm nice
20:50 rangi im hoping someone from finland will bring salmiakki again
20:50 * andreashm will bring something
20:50 rangi cool!
20:54 * cait1 hopes she still can pack some clothes
20:54 rangi i get 2 bags at 23kg
20:54 rangi 1 for clothes 1 for candy
20:55 rangi (not really, but I could :))
20:56 * andreashm got booked on a ticket without check-in bagage!
20:57 andreashm thank you for that, tendered travel agency
20:58 andreashm but I'll make room for something. maybe some salt liquorice for rangi. =)
20:58 rangi yay!
20:58 cait1 no check in .... ugh
20:58 andreashm cait1: yeah, not great.
20:58 rangi i unfortunately don't know much about Swedish candy
20:59 rangi hopefully I can rectify that next year ;)
20:59 cait1 we got a cheaper airline... i am not sure we will get fed without paying, but at least 23 kg
20:59 andreashm rangi: similar to the finish. but more tasty! =)
20:59 rangi :)
20:59 rangi they have (in america) Swedish Fish
20:59 cait1 andreashm: could you add a bag online maybe? probably got to pay extra i guess
20:59 rangi
20:59 andreashm cait1: yeah, I can pay extra for one
21:00 andreashm rangi: I had some when I was in the u.s. this summer
21:00 rangi :)
21:00 andreashm there's similar here. liquorice ones too.
21:00 andreashm there are
21:01 rangi cool
21:01 rangi I got a taste for salty licorice from visiting the Netherlands in 1998
21:01 rangi it's quite hard to get in NZ though
21:01 cait1 andreashm: sent you an email earlier (the only thing i did so far for slides...)
21:02 rangi ok, i gotta go, see you all in a few days!
21:02 andreashm cait1: yes I saw. I'll reply soon!
21:02 * andreashm gotta go to. time for bed
21:03 cait1 sleep well!
21:05 andreashm thanks, you too
21:11 irma_ joined #koha
21:49 wizzycray joined #koha
21:52 cait1 left #koha
22:21 caroline_ @later tell kellym Check https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]shots_with_gitlab let me know if you have questions
22:21 huginn` caroline_: The operation succeeded.
22:23 caroline_ bye everyone!
22:45 wizzycray hi
22:45 wahanui hello, wizzycray
23:24 mtompset Greetings, wizzycray rangi. :)

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary