IRC log for #koha, 2016-09-28

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 magnuse joined #koha
00:28 magnuse joined #koha
00:28 mtj i have an curious question about applying patches...
00:29 mtj ..why is it that sometimes when a patch wont apply, you get the option of attempting to apply it manually
00:29 mtj .. but other times, you dont get the option?!
00:30 mtj i guess its the patch tool, having more success with one patch, over another?
00:36 mtj herm, i think i just answered my question :)
00:44 mtj ooh, git apply -v is good, i'm learning stuff
00:45 dcook wizzyrea: Definitely creepy
00:47 mtj agree :)
00:49 dcook Speaking of patches, you got to love when an update breaks something on your computer...
00:53 wizzyrea was it windows 10? because I have a windows 10 machine at home (for games! Don't judge me!) that just won't update and I'm about to throw it out our (very high) window.
00:53 dcook wizzyrea: yep, windows 10
00:54 dcook In my case, it just uninstalled my display adapter driver and replaced it with a faulty one...
00:54 dcook In its defence, it technically is an unsupported driver... but it works well
00:55 dcook Actually, I think it tried to install a driver which didn't exist, and then it took me it had no drivers installed..
00:55 dcook Also this is a work machine (Don't judge me!)
00:55 dcook Of course, at the exact same time, my Debian box was having the longest fsck of all time
00:55 wizzyrea hehe
00:55 wizzyrea I'm sorry, I'm completely 12 inside.
00:55 dcook I didn't try the Ubuntu laptop because I was given a baby when it was clear I wasn't able to use either desktop
00:55 wizzyrea my first thought was "how nice for it!"
00:55 dcook lol
00:56 dcook I did interrupt it a few times, but that just made it go longer!
00:56 dcook I was all "Debiannnnn let me go out and play..."
00:56 wizzyrea #realproblems
00:56 dcook yep
00:56 dcook Of course, now that my computer is back online, all I can do is whinge about how it was offline :p
00:57 dcook Oh, and my smart power strip isn't being so smart...
00:57 dcook It won't activate 3 plugs until the master plug draws a certain amount of power
00:57 wizzyrea ...
00:57 dcook And... the master plug is working and surely the computer is drawing enough power but the rest of the plugs aren't switching on
00:58 dcook Which has happened before... and seemed to magically fix itself...
00:58 wizzyrea I don't even know what to say about that.
00:58 dcook Maybe I should get a new power strip?
00:58 dcook And maybe I should look at my desktop's power supply...
00:59 wizzyrea I don't understand the purpose of that kind of smart powerstrip
00:59 wizzyrea what is the (intended) purpose? How is it *supposed* to work?
00:59 dcook In theory, you save power when your master plug does off
00:59 dcook The whole phantom load thing
00:59 wizzyrea oh so like
00:59 dcook For instance, my washing machine sometimes makes a really loud buzz when it's turned off
01:00 wizzyrea if you have a computer, and a bunch of peripherals
01:00 dcook But if I turn it off at the wall, the buzz goes away. I assume it's doing something with some power even when it's "off"
01:00 wizzyrea you can automatically cut power to the peripherals when the computer is off
01:00 dcook Yep
01:00 wizzyrea that's a sensible thing.
01:00 dcook That's what I was thinking
01:00 dcook Although in hindsight, I'm probably not saving that much power by doing it
01:00 wizzyrea I wonder if it's something like a software update has changed the power saving modes
01:01 dcook Well, the power strip is for the Debian computer
01:01 wizzyrea so it's not, say, pulling so much power at any given moment.
01:01 dcook The Windows computer is on a dumb strip
01:01 dcook I'm wondering if maybe the power supply is failing and its not drawing as much power?
01:01 wizzyrea yeah could be.
01:06 dcook TFW a product's discount price is the same as what the normal price used to be...
01:10 tcohen joined #koha
01:18 dcook :3
01:18 dcook I know people hate smartphones, but it's pretty cool when your wife takes a video of your baby crawling and sends it to you over the air
01:18 dcook I'd never seen them crawl before :3
01:20 tcohen joined #koha
01:27 jcamins eythian++ # for working at the site that enabled me to book my apartment in Cordoba
01:32 dcook
01:35 dcook wizzyrea: Of course, there's always Occam's razor. The male plug for the master female slot wasn't in all the way.
01:36 dcook In enough to draw power to itself, but probably not far enough in to connect whatever circuit it needed to connect I'm guessing
01:45 wizzyrea who hates smartphones?
01:47 magnuse joined #koha
01:52 dcook wizzyrea: I don't know. Humans of some kind.
01:53 dcook They're ruining the world and such
01:53 dcook The other day, I was in the elevator and everyone was staring at their smartphones, and I thought...
01:53 dcook How nice is it that we don't have to force small talk where we all just laugh uncomfortably
01:54 dcook It's a building of many small offices, so it's not like any of us really know each other anyway
01:54 dcook Although... one time someone did make small talk and I said something about having never noticed them before
01:54 dcook And they mentioned that they see me every day ont he way to work O_O
01:54 wizzyrea eek
01:56 dcook Yeah, I think we're all probably watched more than we realize O_O
01:56 dcook But not in a tin foil hat kind of way :p
01:56 wizzyrea heh.
01:56 wizzyrea oh, probably in the tin foil hat kind of way too.
01:56 dcook haha. probably.
02:29 mario joined #koha
02:54 JoshB joined #koha
03:03 tcohen joined #koha
03:10 tcohen yo
03:23 wizzyrea hi
03:31 JoshB left #koha
04:11 irma joined #koha
04:55 cait joined #koha
05:34 petter joined #koha
05:45 rkrimme1 joined #koha
05:53 Francesca joined #koha
06:13 laurence joined #koha
06:22 fridolin joined #koha
06:23 fridolin hie
06:31 * magnuse waves
06:32 * magnuse starts the trek south to meet joann in an hour
06:33 laurence left #koha
06:51 Francesca joined #koha
06:52 reiveune joined #koha
06:52 reiveune hello
06:52 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:01 sophie_m joined #koha
07:12 mario joined #koha
07:14 wilfrid joined #koha
07:38 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:38 gaetan_B hello
07:38 wahanui salut, gaetan_B
08:39 Joubu @later tell tcohen on bug 17318 I'm just asking for info, not for a follow-up ;)
08:39 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
08:54 drojf joined #koha
08:54 drojf morning #koha
09:02 eythian jcamins++ for paying a tiny fraction of my salary ;)
09:59 * drojf throws cookies
10:02 drojf not even cookies work. what is wrong with you people? :(
10:10 * Joubu has already plenty of cookies
10:14 drojf sorry, i did not know there is excessive cookie supply already, i would have brought something else
10:14 drojf but mine are gluten free and extra dry. lol
10:16 Joubu chocolate would work better, for sure
10:22 * drojf makes a note
10:23 drojf how is french chocolate?
10:23 drojf i think i will bring haribo winegums for the hackfest
10:38 Joubu drojf: I am from Belgium, I won't say anything about French chocolate...
10:38 drojf heh
11:19 Tylathos joined #koha
11:19 * Tylathos waves
11:20 eythian drojf: you should swing by here and get a Dutch bike lock ;)
11:20 drojf i just got a german bike lock
11:21 drojf and no swinging time :/
11:24 eythian yes, you had a german bike lock and your bike got stolen.
11:31 drojf :(
11:51 meliss joined #koha
12:08 eythian @later tell wizzyrea[…]80863124547047424
12:08 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
12:11 kidclamp joined #koha
12:15 kmlussier joined #koha
12:18 paul_p joined #koha
12:18 nengard_ joined #koha
12:26 magnuse joined #koha
12:31 nengard @later tell tgoat thanks!! I haven't seen it yet
12:31 huginn nengard: The operation succeeded.
12:32 nengard paul_p!!!!!
12:32 wahanui paul_p is, like, the 3.8 release manager, and is very tall, and does not like coffee
12:35 cait joined #koha
12:35 cait :D
12:44 nengard cait!!
12:45 * cait is a happy today
12:45 cait hi nengard
12:45 cait :)
12:45 nengard :)
12:47 Tylathos hi cait :)
12:49 edveal joined #koha
12:52 * magnuse waves from joann's first talk in norway :-)
12:53 * cait waves back
12:53 cait hope it goes well!
12:56 rsantellan joined #koha
13:00 rsantellan joined #koha
13:03 atheia joined #koha
13:03 cait left #koha
13:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:07 sophie_m joined #koha
13:11 talljoy joined #koha
13:13 oleonard joined #koha
13:13 oleonard Hi all
13:14 eythian hi oleonard
13:14 wahanui hi oleopard
13:22 JoshB joined #koha
13:32 nengard hiya oleonard
13:32 mario joined #koha
13:32 mario joined #koha
13:35 magnuse left #koha
13:48 Joubu @later tell khall please have a look at bug 17368 and the PR for koha-plugin-kitchen-sink
13:48 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:51 drojf joined #koha
13:52 amyk joined #koha
14:03 sophie_m lds : les mentions "déménagement" dans le page[…]e_upgrade:2016:10 elles ont du sens ? c'est pas déménagement pour tous les hébergés ?
14:03 sophie_m sorry wrong chan :-[
14:11 rkrimme1_ joined #koha
14:20 oleonard Librarians here: "What is this error I'm getting on the cataloging page?" Me: "You accidentally switched to the advanced editor." Them: "Oh, so how do I make the error go away?"
14:20 oleonard M: "It's not an error, it's a MARC editor." Them: "Never mind, the error fixed itself."
14:21 kidclamp hah
14:22 oleonard On the other hand, the "real" catalogers (those not just doing fast cataloging) are excited about the advanced editor.
14:23 oleonard It'd be nice to be able to set a patron-level permission on use of the advanced editor
14:23 CrispyBran joined #koha
14:25 kidclamp oleonard - you aren't the first to say so
14:26 oleonard Am I at least in the top 5? Top 10?
14:26 CrispyBran kidclamp
14:26 wahanui well, kidclamp is a stealthy spy from the realm of mutant turtles.
14:27 CrispyBran good morning
14:27 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
14:27 CrispyBran do you know if the sandboxes are out of order?  I can't seem to get any to work.
14:28 kidclamp all three providers?
14:30 CrispyBran BibLibre is non-responsive, and ByWater form for setup appears differently and doesn't do anything after filling out the form.  It says it does, but nothing happens.  PTFS Europe looks like it might be working, on the second one, but the first one looks like ByWater's.
14:32 kidclamp ByWater I can ping Kyle tomorrow, he set them up and I haven't had a chance to look into setup - others you would have to ask BibLibre or PTFS - I don't rememebr seeing anything on the lists
14:33 kidclamp but you should have your VM setup CrispyBran ;-)
14:35 CrispyBran DON'T get me started on the VM.  :)
14:37 oleonard CrispyBran: ?
14:37 CrispyBran kidclamp, do you know if VALNet has their plack activated, and if so, do they have the proper setting in the config set that we were missing?
14:37 CrispyBran oleonard?
14:37 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
14:37 oleonard CrispyBran: Is your VM a sore subject?
14:38 Joubu CrispyBran: sandbox1 from PTFS-E looks ok
14:38 CrispyBran yes
14:38 Joubu there is something wrong on the setup page, the CSS is not there, but otherwise the form does what it is supposed to do
14:39 Joubu "The current setup on this sandbox is = Sandbox setup by unknown with database 1 and bug on Wed Sep 28 14:36:42 2016"
14:39 Joubu http://kohastaffsandbox.ptfs-e[…]n/koha/
14:40 Joubu atheia: I may have kicked your install, sorry :-/
14:41 CrispyBran Okay, I just tried sandbox 1 for ByWater, and nothing is happening.  I just tried sandbox 1 for PTFS Europe, and it says I have set it up, but nothing is happening.  Staff interface is still install screen.
15:01 rocio joined #koha
15:02 TGoat joined #koha
15:04 drojf @wunder marseille
15:04 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Lotissement le Pitalugue, Vitrolles, France is 26.8°C (4:55 PM CEST on September 28, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 51%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
15:05 drojf oh wow
15:05 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
15:05 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 20.0°C (4:50 PM CEST on September 28, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 56%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
15:05 drojf feels like 10
15:07 paul_p joined #koha
15:10 drojf is there a sane way to overwrite (not add) items from a mrc file? i think the web thingy only allows add or ignore?
15:16 drojf oleonard: i am still waiting for a library to celebrate the advanced cataloguing editor. so far i usually have to explain marc basics
15:17 drojf (we still have lots of libraries on MAB, the german predecessor)
15:17 kidclamp drojf - there is an option for 'Replace items if matching bib was found'
15:17 drojf kidclamp: ah there is? then i must have missed it (i did not need it before). thats awesome! thanks
15:17 kidclamp I think bib has to match and barcode for the item
15:17 drojf perfect
15:17 drojf koha++
15:17 drojf kidclamp++
15:18 kidclamp you can also do it via marcedit- in that case I think biblionumber/itemnumber must match
15:21 rsantellan Hi, is there a way on koha 16.05 to fallback on the searches to db?
15:21 rsantellan I only have the zebra or elasticsearch options
15:27 atheia Joubu No problem — was just testing housebound stuff :-)
15:27 atheia CrispyBran are still having issues with the PTFS sandboxes?  I try to maintain them and was just using them successfully.
15:27 atheia Let me know if you want a hand!
15:33 kidclamp rsantellan, you mean like performing a mysql search? that is not an available option
15:33 kidclamp but you can do that via reports
15:34 rsantellan kidclamp, I will have to work harder to make zebra work then.
15:34 rsantellan I can't seem to load any data in zebra
15:34 kidclamp zebra running?
15:34 kidclamp is zebra running?
15:35 * kidclamp was hoping for this:[…]-1335553706-6.gif
15:36 rsantellan is running, but I can't find any record. I have run multiple times and nothing
15:36 fridolin left #koha
15:36 rsantellan my zebra is taking a break I believe  :)
15:39 rsantellan if I start in one console zebra (zebrasrv -f $KOHA_CONF) and run sudo ./koha-rebuild-zebra -f koha in another there is no log that is doing anything on zebra server
15:40 kidclamp try stopping and restarting zebra
15:40 kidclamp sudo koha-stop-zebra koha
15:40 kidclamp sudo koha-start-zebra koha
15:41 mario_ joined #koha
15:46 rsantellan is running, but I can't find any record. I have run multiple times and nothing
15:46 rsantellan I just pass the -v flag to see what is happening
15:47 kidclamp sorry rsantellan, not sure of the issue, anything in logs?
15:48 rsantellan not, nothing on the logs! that is the problem, there is nothing on the logs and the search don't return anything
15:49 CrispyBran atheia: sandbox 1 shows that I set it up, but if you go to staff you can see that it is not.
15:51 atheia CrispyBran I will investigate.  Would you mind trying sandbox 0 instead for now to see if yo uhave the same issue there?
15:51 CrispyBran joined #koha
15:52 atheia Joubu added some notes on Housebound.  Hope they help you understand what's going on :-)
15:52 atheia CrispyBran I will investigate.  Would you mind trying sandbox 0 instead for now to see if yo uhave the same issue there?
15:52 atheia (in case you missed that because of temporary departure from channel)
15:53 CrispyBran Trying it now.
15:56 rsantellan kidclamp: the log says that Records exported: 82988 has been exported to zebra and 15:54:34-28/09 zebraidx(3487) [warn] Record didn't contain match fields in (bib1,Local-number)
15:56 CrispyBran atheia: sandbox 0 works.  Appears to be the ONLY sandbox working today.
15:56 rsantellan kidclamp: doing a search return a 15:55:38-28/09 zebrasrv(4) [warn] ir_session (exception) on the output.log
15:57 atheia CrispyBran Good to know, will see if I can update the database in sandbox 1
16:03 kidclamp mveron++
16:23 atheia CrispyBran please let me know when you're done testing, so I can have a quick play around with the sanbox 0 too.
16:32 atheia CrispyBran nm, fixed sandbox 1 now — thanks for your report!
16:32 atheia CrispyBran++
16:57 reiveune bye
16:57 reiveune left #koha
17:05 cdickinson_ joined #koha
17:10 drojf anyone using 952$f for anything? it is supposed to be non repeatable but it keeps adding fields when i use it
17:12 drojf i can't delete the last one either. it just keeps the value
17:16 drojf ok, it does not approve entering a value and then changing the framework to use an authorized value. that might be a problem for all of those fields
17:27 CrispyBran atheia++
17:56 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:39 kathryn joined #koha
19:11 cait joined #koha
19:15 * cait waves
19:32 LibraryClaire joined #koha
19:41 rangi morning
19:41 rangi ohh look its the new german LibraryClaire !
19:42 oleonard Hi rangi
19:42 rangi heya oleonard
19:42 wahanui oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
19:44 LibraryClaire o/
19:44 LibraryClaire hi rangi
19:46 LibraryClaire was checking the fridge was turned on :D
19:46 * LibraryClaire is not good at adulting
19:47 rangi hehe, was it?
19:48 LibraryClaire I think so, but I think it wasn't on as cold as I expected. some poking at cables was done etc
19:48 * cait waves :)
19:48 * LibraryClaire waves
19:48 drojf joined #koha
19:48 drojf hi. is the meeting now or in an hour?
19:49 cait rangi: i think she was always a bit german :P
19:49 rangi i think 1 hour
19:49 drojf oh ok i think i won't make it
19:49 cait too tired?
19:49 rangi is that right cait ?
19:49 drojf yep
19:49 cait tsk
19:49 * oleonard might make it to the first part, not sure
19:50 drojf how many parts are there?
19:51 drojf cait: other people complain if it is not during their 9 to 5 work hours :P
19:51 drojf my work hours are 0 to 24 unfortunately :(
19:51 oleonard drojf: If I'm there, that's the first part. When I leave, that's the second part.
19:51 cait until we all live in one timezone.. that imght get a little hard
19:51 cait maybe we should buy an island
19:51 drojf oleonard: ah, yes
19:51 cait an all move there :)
19:52 drojf reichenau?
19:52 cait not sure that would be affordable... also cold in winter
19:52 cait but good veggies
19:52 drojf veggies? what do they grow there?
19:53 LibraryClaire vegetable island!
19:55 cait hm almost everything i tihnk
19:56 oleonard If we lived on vegetable island we would live in perpetual fear of invasion from Japan's Rabbit Island.
19:56 drojf and then we could eat rabbits. finally
19:56 cait ew
19:57 CrispyBran hasenpfeffer?
19:59 eythian <-- this guy might invade though
20:00 eythian (search for rabbit in the page)
20:12 * cait might fall asleep during th emeeting
20:12 cait someone willing to chair/co-chair?
20:13 * LibraryClaire is jetlagged
20:13 cait @excuse
20:13 huginn cait: My excuse for today is "tsunamis in the wave-division multiplexer"
20:14 cait hm, it's just late here :)
20:19 Francesca joined #koha
20:31 JesseM joined #koha
20:44 mario joined #koha
20:49 LibraryClaire night #koha
20:49 rangi cya LibraryClaire
20:53 * rangi grabs a coffee before the meeting
20:53 cait ah, now i missed her
20:54 mkuhn joined #koha
20:54 * drojf grabs a bed before the meeting
20:55 mkuhn * puts a perl under the mattress of drojfs bed
20:56 cait heh
20:56 cait let's see if he is a real programmer and feels it?
20:57 mkuhn hm, wasn't that about seven perls, or even seven mattresses?
20:57 cait i think one pea
20:57 cait and lots of mattresses?
20:58 mkuhn ok, i know about ruby and python and perl, but never heard of pea ;-)
20:58 cait get ready, grab a coffee - meeting in 2 mins
21:00 cait let's start
21:01 cait #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016
21:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep 28 21:01:02 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
21:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
21:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_28_september_2016'
21:01 cait #topic Introductions
21:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
21:01 cait today's agenda:
21:01 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst NZ
21:01 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]28_September_2016
21:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
21:02 cait noone else?
21:03 rangi heh
21:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
21:03 mkuhn #info
21:03 cait cozy meeting
21:03 Joubu (more or less aroud)
21:04 mkuhn #info Michael Kuhn (will now keep quiet and listen only)
21:04 cait meeting with 4?
21:04 rangi just go super fast
21:05 cait ok
21:05 Joubu I don't have much to say and it's a bit late here ;)
21:05 cait #topic annoucnments
21:05 Topic for #koha is now annoucnments (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:05 drojf if it only takes 5 minutes i am here too
21:05 cait same here
21:05 cait so introduce yourself!
21:05 cait any announcements?
21:05 drojf hm no i am afraid you will make me chair
21:05 cait not from me
21:05 drojf :P
21:05 rangi we are doing work on bug 17255
21:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=17255 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, ASSIGNED , Upgrade Elastic Search code to work with version 2.4+
21:05 cait cool!
21:05 drojf yay
21:06 rangi and have overdrive records being searched via elasticsearch now
21:06 cait #info Catalyst IT working on bug 17255 - updating Elastic Search code to work with version 2.4+
21:06 cait is there a timefame for it?
21:06 cait mostly wondering if it could be testable in marseile
21:06 drojf rangi: there is still a catmandu 1.x repo somehwere on my server
21:06 rangi which will be submitted as patches once elastic is upgraded
21:06 rangi before hackfest
21:06 rangi so people can use/test it there
21:07 cait nice
21:07 cait moving on?
21:07 Joubu would be cood to get a patch for the install process
21:07 rangi the only other thing is i wont be doing anymore 3.20.x releases except for security
21:07 drojf but for latest ES i think you need pretty late catmandu
21:07 cait #info No more 3.20.x releases except for security
21:07 rangi drojf: yup
21:08 cait moving on
21:08 cait we got nothing for the next topic
21:08 rangi nope
21:08 cait i am going to move to general dev
21:08 drojf there was a bug/feature grabbing underscore names
21:08 drojf which i thiunk catmandu fixed after i made the repo
21:08 cait #topic General development discussion
21:08 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:08 cait kidclamp is not here
21:09 cait i tihnk he wanted to propose some new keywords for makring easy bugs
21:09 rangi yeah i think its a good idea, marking them academy is fine
21:09 cait ok
21:09 rangi also there is a page on the wiki
21:09 cait #info marking easy bugs 'academy' for beginners is fine
21:09 cait hm?
21:09 rangi https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/I_want_to_help
21:09 rangi up date this too
21:10 cait #info you can also update https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ki/I_want_to_help
21:10 rangi eg weve done the OMGWTFBBQ one now
21:10 cait :)
21:10 cait we need a new one
21:10 cait ok
21:10 cait anyone interested in the discussion about minified files?
21:10 drojf a new search engine
21:11 * Joubu has been disconnected
21:11 cait nothing happened ;)
21:11 cait Joubu: interested in discussion about minified files?
21:11 drojf right in time for minified things
21:11 rangi yeah thats something we need to figure out
21:11 cait i have some concerns
21:11 cait I know that minified means that conflicts are hard to solve
21:11 Joubu not really cait
21:12 * drojf minifies awakeness
21:12 cait i think that's why some devs want to not have them in the repo
21:12 cait but when i understand correctly
21:12 rangi i think minify on release
21:12 cait that'd mean that the testers need to run some build tools
21:12 rangi make it part of the release process
21:12 cait and we would have to make that super easy
21:12 rsantellan huginn: I installed version 2.4 and with all debs and fails to create the index, I can provide testing for the bug 17255
21:12 huginn rsantellan: I've exhausted my database of quotes
21:12 drojf rsantellan: huginn is a bot
21:13 cait because easy for devs... hard for testers is bad
21:13 rangi yes
21:13 rsantellan awkward moment!!
21:13 eythian (git hooks that reminify on checkout?)
21:14 drojf rsantellan: happens every day
21:14 cait hm also need something for sandboxes
21:14 rsantellan so for anybody I can provide some help in elasticsearch matter
21:14 cait that's my main concern
21:14 cait we can move on now if people want to
21:15 rangi yup
21:15 cait #info cait is concerned about change in workflow for testers - should still be easy to test bugs, need tools/instructions for that
21:15 cait ok
21:15 cait #topic Updates from the QA team
21:15 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:16 cait Joubu: do you have sth?
21:16 cait i noted 2 bugs on the wiki
21:17 cait #info Bug 15434 - Make search results breadcrumbs human readable
21:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15434 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Make search results breadcrumbs human readable
21:17 cait there was some critique about this being client side
21:17 cait instead of server side
21:17 cait i am hoping we can get to a conclusion on this one
21:17 cait hm come to...
21:18 cait the other is
21:18 cait #info Bug 16126 - Display base-level amounts on the acquisition module home page (see screenshots attached)
21:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16126 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, remi.mayrand-provencher, Signed Off , Display base-level amounts on the acquisition module home page
21:19 cait which i'd like to get some opionions on
21:19 * Joubu has been disconnected again...
21:19 Joubu sorry but it seems that my box is gettting crazy
21:19 cait the question here is: should the acq funds table be the same on the funds and hte acq start page or should the latter be a more simplified version
21:19 * cait hands Joubu duct tape
21:20 Joubu about bug 15434, I don't really like it, and would like to see a ES version it is not compatible
21:20 rangi hmm yep
21:21 Joubu I don't remember the patch exactly actually
21:21 Joubu I'd be keen to make it in if it does
21:21 Joubu about 16126, I don't like it and I don't understand it
21:21 Joubu the complete view is on another page
21:21 cait sorry, not sure i got the point
21:21 cait can you rephrase?
21:22 cait for the first
21:22 Joubu which one? :)
21:22 cait the search breadcrumbs
21:22 Joubu iirc the breadcrumbs is zebra compatible only
21:22 cait ok
21:23 Joubu the breadcrumbs patch*
21:23 cait so what would be a path forward?
21:24 sameeenz joined #koha
21:24 will1410 joined #koha
21:24 Joubu sorry but got disconnected again
21:25 Joubu I will need to have a look again
21:25 cait for the funds: maybe we shoudl check permissions - can somoene who can#<t edit funds still access the complete table?
21:25 Joubu if ES compatible, I can pass QA on it if nobody is against it
21:25 cait i amn not sure about that, but can check some other night
21:25 Joubu otherwise ask to the author if he is willing to provide a ES version
21:25 cait what about the discussion client/server side?
21:26 Joubu I don't like it, but don't have a counter patch to provide neither
21:26 Joubu so if it works...
21:26 cait k
21:26 cait similar for me
21:26 cait i can see server side might be nice... but this would still be an improvement
21:27 cait and it's a real long standing issue
21:27 cait #action Joubu to take a look at ES compatibility of bug 15434
21:27 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15434 normal, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, Signed Off , Make search results breadcrumbs human readable
21:27 Joubu about the funds, it would be good to get an answer from the author
21:28 Joubu he did not answered, and is not around
21:28 cait #action cait to check on permissions for fund views (bug16126)
21:29 cait true
21:29 cait ok moving on
21:29 cait #topic Koha and Qvarn
21:29 Topic for #koha is now Koha and Qvarn (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:29 cait rangi: you turn :)
21:29 rangi i dont think there are enough people for that to be worthwhile today im afraid
21:31 rangi ill re add it, and maybe do a mail in the meantime
21:31 cait hm ok
21:31 cait #action rangi to readd or email about Koha and Qvarn
21:32 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
21:32 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 28 September 2016)
21:32 cait suggestions?
21:32 wahanui suggestions are still there
21:32 rangi probably something that works for europe next
21:32 cait thenext general meeting is 5 october
21:33 cait the week after is marseille
21:33 cait what abut the 19th?
21:34 cait 10 utc?
21:34 wahanui i guess 10 utc is a good time, but is very early on east coast USA
21:34 cait 14 utc?
21:35 cait the general one is at 10
21:35 cait Joubu: help?
21:35 wahanui hmmm... help is at if no-one here can help.
21:36 JoshB left #koha
21:36 rangi 10utc i could make
21:36 cait ok
21:36 rangi 14utc i cant, but the USA can
21:37 cait 19th ok?
21:37 rangi yep
21:37 Joubu will be too late as well
21:37 cait Joubu: hm?
21:37 Joubu would have been good to have a dev meeting before the hackfest actually
21:38 rangi what about at the hackfest
21:38 rangi on the first day
21:38 cait we tired that before
21:38 cait i think it didn<#t really work so well
21:38 Francesca joined #koha
21:38 Joubu k
21:38 cait i think it was close to lunch break
21:38 cait might have been the problem :)
21:39 cait we could have a marseille pre meeting?
21:39 cait would you want to organize one?
21:39 Joubu not really
21:39 cait 10 utc ok then?
21:40 cait the work before hackfest i will be too busy to run a dev meeting
21:40 cait if someone else does, fine by me
21:40 drojf that is next week
21:40 Joubu it seems that these meetings don't bring a lot of people
21:40 Joubu so yes first day of hackfest could be ok
21:40 cait the rest api one was a bit better
21:40 drojf i'll be gone for "vacation"
21:40 cait maybe we need to have topic meetings
21:40 cait but can we go for 19th 10 utc for now?
21:40 cait rangi proposed a topic, so that would give him a chance to talk about it
21:41 cait #agreed next meeting will be on 19 October, 10 utc
21:41 cait i am falling asleep :)
21:41 cait we need to end here
21:41 cait #endmeeting
21:41 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:41 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep 28 21:41:39 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:41 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-28-21.01.html
21:41 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-09-28-21.01.txt
21:41 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]28-21.01.log.html
21:41 Joubu (I am very sorry but the disconnections are aweful)
21:41 cait thx for coming
21:41 cait it's late
21:41 cait !
21:42 cait night all
21:42 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
21:42 will1410 joined #koha
21:43 mkuhn goodnight
21:44 JesseM_ joined #koha
21:58 Jesse2_ joined #koha
21:59 drojf good nihgt #koha
21:59 drojf night even
21:59 Francesca joined #koha
22:02 will1410 joined #koha
22:10 mario joined #koha
22:28 library joined #koha
22:45 rocio back
23:23 dac joined #koha
23:23 chrisvella__ joined #koha
23:33 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary