IRC log for #koha, 2016-04-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 kathryn joined #koha
00:16 irma joined #koha
00:24 Francesca joined #koha
00:30 Francesca joined #koha
00:58 Francesca joined #koha
01:30 Francesca joined #koha
01:33 hanthana joined #koha
02:13 cdickinson joined #koha
02:31 edveal joined #koha
02:37 kathryn joined #koha
02:52 mario joined #koha
03:02 geek_cl joined #koha
03:30 BobB joined #koha
03:51 Francesca joined #koha
03:57 geek_cl joined #koha
04:50 dcook joined #koha
05:09 cait joined #koha
05:44 cait @wizzyrea hm, saw your note in the logs - the userid should not be mandatory on import, just not generate one if have one in your file that's a double up with an existing - if it's different now, that's not intended
05:44 huginn cait: downloading the Perl source
05:50 mario joined #koha
06:04 irma joined #koha
06:42 sophie_m joined #koha
06:48 cdickinson_ joined #koha
06:55 reiveune joined #koha
06:55 dcook Hmm, I should provide more info for http://manual.koha-community.o[…]u.html#sru_search...
06:55 alex_a joined #koha
06:56 reiveune hello
06:56 wahanui salut, reiveune
06:56 alex_a bonjour
06:56 wahanui kia ora, alex_a
06:56 dcook Oh no, if the Europeans are here, it means it's almost time to leave!
06:56 * dcook waves to reiveune and alex_a
06:57 reiveune hi dcook
06:59 dcook Heya :)
07:01 JesseM_a_ joined #koha
07:08 * magnuse waves
07:09 dcook heya magnuse
07:09 dcook Now I definitely need to leave :p
07:09 magnuse hehe
07:10 magnuse i have been in front of my screen for almost an hour, just forgot to wave
07:11 dcook :O
07:11 dcook Well, it's only 5:11pm so it's OK
07:11 laurence joined #koha
07:11 dcook Hungry infant to feed though
07:11 dcook Ciao!
07:14 laurence1 joined #koha
07:25 laurence joined #koha
07:37 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:05 alex_a_ joined #koha
08:08 paul_p joined #koha
08:08 laurence joined #koha
08:10 laurence joined #koha
08:12 laurence joined #koha
08:12 laurence joined #koha
08:39 cait joined #koha
08:48 lds joined #koha
08:49 lds hello
08:49 wahanui hey, lds
08:50 Francesca joined #koha
08:52 lds i have a question whith plack on koha 3.22. i read in "/etc/koha/apache-shared-opac-plack.conf" plack is only available out-of-the-box for Apache 2.4.7+ setups, but the apache version is set to  >= 2.4.8 in <IfVersion >= 2.4.8>
08:54 lds on trusty apache version is 2.4.7, so the configuration set in /etc/koha/apache-shared-opac-plack.conf, dont work, or work ?
08:54 lds my point is dont work
08:55 laurence joined #koha
08:58 paul_p_ joined #koha
08:59 laurence joined #koha
09:07 laurence joined #koha
09:18 laurence left #koha
09:20 laurence joined #koha
09:24 cait lds: quiet this morning , maybe mailinglist?
09:24 lds cait: yep :)
09:29 cdickinson__ joined #koha
09:36 cdickinson_ joined #koha
09:41 cdickinson__ joined #koha
09:47 cdickinson_ joined #koha
09:54 jcamins @later tell dcook Oh, yeah.
09:54 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
09:59 lds ok trouvé
10:08 lds joined #koha
10:15 Francesca joined #koha
10:17 * Francesca waves
10:18 * magnuse waves too
10:37 irma joined #koha
10:54 gmcharlt joined #koha
11:00 magnuse kia ora gmcharlt
11:12 marcelr joined #koha
11:12 marcelr hi #koha
11:16 nlegrand joined #koha
11:16 nlegrand hey #koha
11:17 magnuse hiya nlegrand and marcelr
11:18 marcelr hi magnuse nlegrand
11:18 * cait waves
11:18 cait meeting in a bit less than 4 hours!
11:19 nlegrand hey marcelr cait magnuse o/
11:30 meliss joined #koha
11:44 NateC joined #koha
12:00 wilfrid joined #koha
12:00 oleonard joined #koha
12:01 oleonard Hi all
12:21 ericar joined #koha
12:25 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:41 tcohen joined #koha
12:42 tcohen morning
12:43 oleonard Hi tcohen
12:48 alex_a joined #koha
12:50 alex_a joined #koha
12:52 tcohen hi oleonard
12:53 marcelr hi tcohen oleonard
12:56 tcohen hey marcelr
13:02 laurence joined #koha
13:02 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:04 gaetan_B joined #koha
13:08 talljoy joined #koha
13:11 meliss joined #koha
13:11 laurence joined #koha
13:13 geek_cl joined #koha
13:14 JoshB joined #koha
13:20 edveal joined #koha
13:29 edveal joined #koha
13:29 nengard joined #koha
13:32 tcohen gmcharlt: good morning
13:32 wahanui well, it's morning somewhere, yes
13:34 drojf joined #koha
13:34 drojf hi #koha
13:35 alex_a_ joined #koha
13:36 marcelr hi drojf
13:36 amyk joined #koha
13:37 tcohen hi drojf
13:37 tcohen gmcharlt: have a question, have you managed to successfuly run debian/update-control I tried in Jessie and resulted in odd entries
13:38 gmcharlt tcohen: not yet
13:38 gmcharlt tcohen: at the moment, I don't expect to have much time before Sunday
13:39 drojf i have a poor connection, i may not make it to the meeting
13:39 drojf i'll try
13:39 tcohen i built master packages for using in kohadevbox so we are fine for testing the latest packages-specific things there, but I was worried the update-control script only ran in squeeze
13:43 tcohen joined #koha
13:44 tcohen sorry
13:45 * magnuse wanders off - have a nice meeting #koha!
13:45 tcohen hey magnuse
13:49 nengard left #koha
13:57 drojf joined #koha
13:57 marcelr bgkriegel++
13:58 edveal joined #koha
13:59 marcelr @seen bgkriegel
13:59 huginn marcelr: bgkriegel was last seen in #koha 20 weeks, 5 days, 18 hours, 5 minutes, and 39 seconds ago: <bgkriegel> tcohen++
14:01 drojf joined #koha
14:05 drojf joined #koha
14:14 marcelr cait: i will miss the meeting (unfortunately too)
14:15 cait marcelr: thx for letting me know
14:15 drojf i thought the meeting is now?
14:15 cait marcelr: did you see the feature freeze date?
14:15 marcelr yeah apr 28 ?
14:15 cait marcelr: i think Joubu is not around the next days - any dent in the queue much appreciated
14:15 marcelr i will do qa on friday
14:16 cait drojf: i think 5pm?
14:16 drojf oh. my bad then
14:16 cait hope i am not wrong
14:16 marcelr 15 utc is 1700 here
14:17 cait thx marcelr
14:17 oleonard Oh yay a meeting I will be at!
14:17 drojf so we discuss colors? \o/
14:18 * oleonard votes for all the things
14:18 cait bleen?
14:19 drojf +1 for bleen if my internet does not work when we vote
14:20 cait hw does that look like?
14:20 drojf you should discuss that too
14:21 oleonard Bleen is the color which is better than the one you were thinking of using.
14:40 alex_a joined #koha
14:44 alex_a joined #koha
14:45 mario joined #koha
14:46 marcelr have to go; bye all
14:47 geek_cl joined #koha
14:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:56 tcohen tags-ux--
14:56 tcohen meeting?
14:56 wahanui i think meeting is in two days, i thought was tomorrow. plenty of time then
14:59 drojf joined #koha
14:59 rocio joined #koha
15:00 oleonard khall? Joubu? Here?
15:00 khall yo
15:01 oleonard So, uh... Is there a meeting now?
15:02 khall I thought it was at 3
15:02 oleonard 3PM UTC:[…]g&iso=20160420T15
15:03 * oleonard shouldn't assume to know whether or not khall is in UTC time zone!
15:04 drojf we're all in the utc timezone. just the + or - is different :P
15:04 * oleonard shouldn't assume to know whether or not khall is located at zero degrees longitude!
15:05 cait oh
15:06 cait i am here
15:06 cait forgot the time
15:06 oleonard Or perhaps you forgot your longitude cait?
15:06 cait pullign up the agenda
15:07 cait ok
15:07 cait #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016
15:07 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr 20 15:07:09 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
15:07 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:07 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:07 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_20_april_2016'
15:07 cait #topic Intorductions
15:07 Topic for #koha is now Intorductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:07 cait please introduce yourself with #info
15:07 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, USA
15:07 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
15:07 cait #chair drojf
15:07 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf
15:07 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
15:07 cait just a backup :)
15:08 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:08 drojf i am not a backup
15:08 drojf i have lousy internet
15:08 drojf and will likely drop off
15:08 drojf sorry
15:08 drojf i paid 5 euro for it, thansk deutsche bahn
15:08 jajm #info Julian Maurice, BibLibre
15:08 cait #chair oleonard
15:08 huginn Current chairs: cait drojf oleonard
15:08 jajm hi everyone
15:08 * oleonard has one, doesn't know how to be one
15:09 cait that's ok, I don't know either
15:09 cait ok, moving on?
15:09 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ing_20_April_2016
15:09 cait hm i notice, there is a typo
15:09 oleonard Did we lose khall already?
15:09 cait release 16.05
15:10 * cait fixes
15:10 cait #topic Release 16.05
15:10 Topic for #koha is now Release 16.05 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:10 tcohen is ficed already
15:10 tcohen we need bag
15:10 tcohen or khall
15:11 cait #info Feature freeze will be at the end of the day - April 28!
15:11 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:11 cait from the QAM a few notes too maybe
15:11 cait the Signed Off queue is currently at 61
15:11 ablj joined #koha
15:11 cait this is quite high compared to numbers the last few weeks - everyone is busy!
15:12 cait that is good, but it is possible that we won't manage to get all through QA in time
15:12 drojf so qa is the bottleneck atm?
15:12 cait so everyone on QA team - please try and help get the numbers down
15:12 tcohen -.-
15:12 ablj_ joined #koha
15:12 cait also others, please help with testing and pushing things back in queue with follow-ups when asked as fast as possible
15:12 oleonard 51 in the Passed-QA queue as well.
15:13 cait there are some things i need help with - for example ES and REST
15:13 tcohen I already signed on the ES branch
15:13 tcohen maybe khall?
15:13 cait maybe someone else could give it a test, so youcould count for qa?
15:14 tcohen that could work
15:14 cait #info Additional sign offs for ES requested to free QA tokens
15:14 jajm cait, what kind of help do you need for REST ? maybe I can help
15:15 cait jajm: i have no idea where to start and how to set it up atm :(
15:15 khall tcohen: I'm going to dedicate some time to making sure ES doesn't break Zebra at the very least
15:15 cait so i was hoping someone could take a look at those with a better backgroun
15:15 cait d
15:15 tcohen jajm: we still don't have REST on packages!
15:15 cait if you want me to - i need a really detailed documentation on how to get it to work - ideally for a git installation
15:16 jajm tcohen, why ? what is missing ?
15:17 cait #info 61 in Signed off - help needed for ES and REST related patches specifically
15:17 tcohen pm
15:17 cait bug 15126 - do we have a solution for this?
15:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15126 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Signed Off , REST API: Use newer version of Swagger2
15:18 tcohen cait: we need gmcharlt to weight in
15:19 cait ok
15:20 bgkriegel joined #koha
15:20 cait i'll put that on the list
15:20 cait so anythign else people want to add?
15:21 tcohen i'd like to mention
15:21 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
15:21 tcohen that kohadevbox:ansible has been updated so it now accepts external repositories, handy for testing packaging stuff
15:21 tcohen and it includes Elasticsearch as an option switch
15:22 tcohen so it installs it and people can test the ES branch
15:22 cait #info Need info on status of Swagger2 packages for REST related patches
15:22 cait #info kohadevbox:ansible has been updated so it now accepts external repositories, handy for testing packaging stuff
15:23 cait ok, moving on?
15:23 gmcharlt I will look at feasiblity of porting the swagger package on Monday and Tuesday
15:23 cait #action gmcharlt to look into feasibility of porting the swagger package on Monday and Tuesday
15:24 cait coudl we qa them with a questionmark?
15:24 cait not sure how you'd install the dependencies atm
15:24 tcohen +1
15:24 tcohen just grab the .deb from testing
15:25 cait thx gmcharlt
15:25 cait ok, so anyone taking a look please keep in mind that a condition will be the package
15:26 cait #topic Review coding guidelines
15:26 Topic for #koha is now Review coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:26 cait there have been no new proposals on the wiki
15:26 cait and I think khall just got back, so probably no update on the revamp? :)
15:27 khall cait: afraid not ; ) I'm working on it though
15:27 cait does someone want to make a new proposal?
15:27 khall right now I'm building out a "table of contents" before I start adding anything to it
15:27 khall I do have one
15:27 cait #info khall is working on the draft for a revamped coding guidelines page
15:28 khall We should specify that form validation should use the jquery form validator we have
15:28 cait sounds sensible, are there limitations to it we shoudl note?
15:28 khall unless the form validation will not work with it's limitations
15:28 khall I can't think of any form in Koha atm that would not work with it
15:29 oleonard You *should* be able to define a custom validation rule for anything which isn't already built in.
15:29 khall even better!
15:29 wahanui even better is, like, what oleonard said just after that
15:29 * oleonard did so for Bug 16286
15:29 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16286 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Use validation plugin when adding or editing patron category
15:30 cait can we quickly compose a suggested wording?
15:30 oleonard I've been submitting patches as if that were already the rule, so of course you have my vote :)
15:30 reiveune bye
15:30 reiveune left #koha
15:30 cait i'd also like if some examples could be added on the wiki later
15:31 khall I think it's been a defacto rule
15:31 * cait nods
15:31 khall cait: the new guidelines will definitely have examples for everything where possible!
15:31 cait hm i have also seen something on the bugs abut a 'global' confirm function or something?
15:33 cait wording?
15:33 wahanui i think wording is irritating me too indeed
15:33 cait :)
15:33 cait khall?
15:33 wahanui i heard khall was volunteering to come over and fix it for you, it seems. ;)
15:33 oleonard Yes, in staff-global.js. Many templates write a custom version of that.
15:33 pianohacker joined #koha
15:33 cait maybe we shoudl also document those a bit - what's in staff-global.js
15:33 * khall think he's not understanding something
15:34 khall any form with the class 'validated' uses the validator, is that what you mean?
15:34 oleonard khall: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=16281#c2
15:34 khall that's in the global js
15:34 huginn Bug 16281: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleishaamohia, Failed QA , Remove the use of "onclick" from Reports module
15:34 oleonard separate issue.
15:34 cait yes, separate
15:34 khall yes, there's already a guideline for that
15:34 cait maybe for next time
15:35 khall no, I'm thinking of the onload one
15:35 khall JS7
15:36 cait Proposal: Form validation should be done using the jquery form validator unless the form validation will not work with its limitations. Custom validation rules for anythign which isn't already built in can be defined.
15:36 khall sounds good!
15:36 cait #startvote Add coding guideline about use of jquery form validator as proposed? (yes,no)
15:36 huginn Begin voting on: Add coding guideline about use of jquery form validator as proposed? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
15:36 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
15:36 cait #vote yes
15:36 oleonard #vote yes
15:36 cait #info Proposed wording: Form validation should be done using the jquery form validator unless the form validation will not work with its limitations. Custom validation rules for anythign which isn't already built in can be defined.
15:36 bag morning
15:37 cait khall: ?
15:37 cait anyone? :)
15:37 khall #vote yes
15:38 bag #info Brendan Gallagher Bywater
15:38 cait jajm? tcohen? bgkriegel?
15:38 bag (sorry to be late - slow bus driver this morning)
15:38 jajm #vote yes
15:38 cait drojf?
15:38 wahanui i heard drojf was from Germany and developing Koha on a raspberry pi!
15:38 bgkriegel #vote yes
15:39 cait ending voooote....
15:39 cait #endvote
15:39 huginn Voted on "Add coding guideline about use of jquery form validator as proposed?" Results are
15:39 huginn yes (5): oleonard, cait, jajm, bgkriegel, khall
15:39 cait khall: can you add it please?
15:39 khall will do!
15:39 cait #agreed Coding guideline will be added - yes (5): oleonard, cait, jajm, bgkriegel, khall
15:39 cait #action khall to add coding guideline about jquery form validation
15:39 cait ok, moving on
15:40 cait #topic Any bugs that are in discussion
15:40 Topic for #koha is now Any bugs that are in discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:40 cait we covered a bit of that already earlier I think
15:40 cait any bugs left? :)
15:40 jajm a lot of bugs are still in discussion :)
15:41 cait true
15:41 cait maybe we can start picking some after the release
15:42 cait and put them on the agenda regularly
15:42 cait moving on?
15:42 oleonard Wow... 213 in discussion!
15:42 cait yeah... scary
15:42 cait FQA is pretty high too
15:43 cait #topic General development discussion
15:43 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:43 khall maybe it's time to start triaging some of those. I imagine a good number  of ID bugs have been left for dead.
15:43 cait ID?
15:43 wahanui ID is in $0 and $9.
15:43 khall In Discussion
15:43 wahanui it has been said that In Discussion is probably good
15:43 cait but yah, probably worth starting to go through them, maybe in groups by ten or so
15:43 khall sounds good
15:44 cait joubu suggested a couple of topics
15:44 cait he also sent a list of bugs to the list - some of them performance related
15:45 cait that would be good to have in the next release
15:45 cait 16221 PQA   16140 In Discussion   16166 NSO (Improve L1 cache performance).   16105 NSO (Cache::Memory is loaded even if memcache is used)
15:45 cait hm bug was missing
15:47 cait from the topics listed, shoudl we pick one to discuss more deeply?
15:47 cait or concentrate on pending release issues for now?
15:47 cait #link http://lists.koha-community.or[…]April/042582.html
15:47 cait this was the e-mail with the bug lists
15:48 barton #info Barton Chittenden, bws
15:48 cait hm so quiet
15:48 cait i will move on
15:48 pianohacker hallo
15:48 cait i got no more updates for qa - said everything earlier :)
15:48 cait but i have something else
15:48 tcohen sorry, boss asked for me at his office :-/
15:48 cait #topic Nominations for release team 16.11
15:48 Topic for #koha is now Nominations for release team 16.11 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:49 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_16.11
15:49 cait please take a look... think about it... and sign yourself up :)
15:49 tcohen can i add a comment about coding guidelines?
15:49 cait it's only 2 weeks to the may meeting - but we will try to have elections then I  think - as june will be too late
15:49 cait tcohen: yep
15:50 tcohen back in 2014, we added the .editorconfig file to the source tres
15:50 tcohen tree
15:50 tcohen we should have something about it on the wiki
15:50 pianohacker oh, hey, yes we did
15:50 tcohen most editors support it
15:50 cait what does it do?
15:50 pianohacker tcohen yes, including how to integrate it
15:50 khall indeed!
15:50 tcohen it configures the editor to match the coding guidelines!
15:50 pianohacker tcohen: all of the editor integrations require a plugin, correct?
15:51 tcohen pianohacker: yes
15:51 cait i think maybe have a separate page
15:51 cait and then later we can link it?
15:52 tcohen it is just a single line :-D, but yes
15:52 khall it comes to mind that we don't have a rule about tabs vs spaces, even though that is a defacto rule as well
15:52 * cait hides
15:52 khall we can just point to the .editorconfig as the rules to follow
15:52 tcohen # Unix-style newlines with a newline ending every file
15:52 tcohen end_of_line = lf
15:52 tcohen insert_final_newline = true
15:52 tcohen # 4 space indentation
15:52 tcohen indent_style = space
15:52 tcohen indent_size = 4
15:52 tcohen # New files charset should be UTF-8
15:52 tcohen charset = utf-8
15:52 tcohen that's what's inside of it
15:52 cait i think it was decided actually
15:52 cait the 4 spaces
15:52 oleonard 4 spaces... interesting...
15:52 cait at some irc meeting we probably would have a hard time to locate the logs for
15:53 bag I seem to remember 4 spaces too
15:53 khall PERL6
15:53 pianohacker khall: wait, what? tabs aren't codified?
15:53 khall just found it
15:53 pianohacker (not tabs rather)
15:53 pianohacker oh okay
15:53 khall baby brain ; )
15:53 barton do our perltidy rules match .editorconfig?
15:53 tcohen geany, sublime, atom, vim
15:53 tcohen all of them support it
15:54 khall barton: our perltidy is the default
15:54 pianohacker barton: editorconfig covers a much more narrow spectrum
15:54 pianohacker khall: well, not quite
15:54 pianohacker it doesn't have cuddled else, for one (thank god)
15:54 barton nod, but it would be a pain if there were a mis-match.
15:54 pianohacker or it does, rather
15:54 tcohen
15:55 cait hm is someone volunteering to write up something about use of editorconfig?
15:55 * tcohen volunteers
15:55 cait #action tcohen to write up some documentation about the use of editorconfig
15:55 cait thx!
15:55 cait anything else we should discuss ?
15:56 barton #link
15:56 cait thx barton
15:56 khall afk, brb
15:56 cait #topic Set time of next meeting
15:56 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 20 April 2016)
15:56 cait may 4th is the next genral meeting
15:57 oleonard Bring your light sabers.
15:57 cait 11th maybe?
15:57 cait hehe
15:58 cait UTC 19 doesn't work well, i tihnk partly because of daylight savings
15:58 cait it's ... 5 am? in nz
15:58 cait and quite late here too
15:58 cait 9pm
15:59 bag I’m not around on the 11th
15:59 cait bag:  would another day in this week wrk for you?
15:59 bag not 10-12th
15:59 cait hm 7am nz i think
15:59 bag 13 or 14 yes
15:59 cait i am so bad with timezones
15:59 bag but khall can be here for me
16:01 cait so for the time, any suggestions?
16:01 barton cait: you'd think that we'd all be excellent with timezones by now... but no. I'm right there with you.
16:01 cait I am playing with the meeting thing right now
16:01 cait[…]C%20Meeting&low=c
16:02 cait date is wrong, but lookign for an alternative time suggestion
16:02 oleonard UTC 19 is bad for me. UTC 9 is okay, terrible for anyone west of me in the US.
16:02 barton
16:02 cait 19 had very few poeple last time
16:03 cait so that's mostly why i am looking for an alternative
16:03 cait[…]C%20Meeting&low=c ?
16:04 oleonard Maybe we need to start using something like Doodle to plan meetings (
16:04 cait always good for europe then maybe
16:04 cait well or some timezone with the most people
16:04 pianohacker I do remember trying to do that back in the day and watching the "okay" parts of the day nicely completely miss each other for western US, europe and NY
16:05 pianohacker *NZ
16:05 cait eah
16:05 cait i tried for one past qa team
16:05 cait ad it was impossible
16:05 cait so i have pretty much given up on the idea of qa team meetings online
16:06 cait bad for europe... but what if we tried 21 UTC?
16:06 * oleonard could make that work, probably.
16:06 pianohacker it'd get more of NZ in at least
16:07 cait shall we try?
16:07 pianohacker and it's perfect for me
16:07 cait for 11th now?
16:07 pianohacker sure
16:07 cait #agreed next meeting will be held on April 11, 21 UTC
16:07 cait argh
16:07 cait #agreed next meeting will be held on MAY 11, 21 UTC
16:07 cait not only bad with timezones :)
16:07 cait with dates too!
16:07 cait #endmeeting
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the #koha IRC chat | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
16:07 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr 20 16:07:56 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:07 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-20-15.07.html
16:07 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-04-20-15.07.txt
16:07 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]20-15.07.log.html
16:07 * oleonard thinks #disagreed?
16:08 cait hm with the same text?
16:08 cait next typo :)
16:08 cait i will try
16:08 oleonard cait++ # Thank you for chairing
16:08 cait ah
16:08 cait could someone else take care of putting logs on the wiki maybe?
16:09 oleonard I will cait
16:09 cait thx a lot!
16:11 oleonard That was easy. I should volunteer to do that again.
16:13 tcohen cait: sorry https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]es#Editor_Helpers
16:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: [SIGNED-OFF] Bug 16210: Set X-Frame-Options to SAMEORIGIN in 2 other places <[…]c7b678f9b642fc83f> / [SIGNED-OFF] Bug 16210: Revert OPAC changes from Bug 15111 <[…]b27b31b9a55afd02e>
16:23 bgkriegel RM is forgetting to remove signed-off marks :)
16:25 bag sorry I’m slow today - huh?
16:25 bag I screwed around with my set up yesterday and may have missed something - what do you mean bgkriegel
16:26 bgkriegel I see those marks on[…]oha.git;a=summary
16:27 bgkriegel Normally they are removed, I suppose ([SIGNED_OFF])
16:27 bag ah ok I see what you’re saying
16:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16256 - Can't edit library EAN if you leave EAN empty <[…]399b470ec4a02aaec> / Bug 16208 [QA Followup] - Fix incorrect form parameter names <[…]4b9e05997a70a7978> / Bug 16208 - Can't delete a library EAN if the EAN value is empty <http://git.koha-communit
16:57 cma joined #koha
17:09 cait left #koha
17:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16240: (follow-up for 16082) Do not display message if no borrowernumber passed <[…]71f4c0a5e901e07e3>
17:30 * magnuse has a canoe
17:36 oleonard magnuse: ?
17:38 magnuse just thought i'd mention it ;-)
17:39 * magnuse goes to take it off the roof of the car
17:39 oleonard Congratulations :)
17:46 cait joined #koha
17:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16229: (QA) POD fixes <[…]8111476bbd6f62fc7> / Bug 16229: Add the unsafe flag to set_in_cache <[…]e2afbea9757aed2fa> / Bug 16229: Deep copy on setting in cache <[…]bc87bf2629cc1eed4
17:57 mtompset joined #koha
17:57 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
17:58 mtompset tcohen: *ping*
17:58 tcohen hi mtompset
18:04 oleonard I can't get Koha to flag an authority record as a duplicate even after importing the same record from LOC twice. :|
18:11 mtompset_ joined #koha
18:20 mtompset @seen khall
18:20 huginn mtompset: khall was last seen in #koha 2 hours, 24 minutes, and 5 seconds ago: <khall> afk, brb
18:20 edveal joined #koha
18:36 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16227: Fix regression from bug 15084 - select currencies correctly <[…]3b5f25bee5260ad38>
18:42 kidclamp joined #koha
18:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16285 - write_age() function throws error for patron categories that don't includ... <[…]7ab27e6932359211c>
18:48 drojf joined #koha
18:52 cait joined #koha
18:55 oleonard I would like Bug 10459 to happen please.
18:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10459 minor, P5 - low, ---,, ASSIGNED , borrowers should have a timestamp
18:59 cait me too
19:00 bag oh me too
19:01 mtompset Give me a bit, I'll update it to current atomicupdate methd.
19:03 mtompset i'll rebase it too.
19:08 cdickinson_ joined #koha
19:10 magnuse joined #koha
19:13 * magnuse waves too
19:13 magnuse s/too/again/
19:24 mtompset Greetings, magnuse cait bag
19:26 mtompset bag: The whole let's call a timestamp field timestamp seems like asking for trouble since timestamp is a reserved word. Any objection to changing it to time_stamp?
19:26 bag sure
19:27 mtompset I'll take that as a "good idea. change it."
19:29 mtompset oh shoot... I think I noticed a bug.
19:30 pastebot "mtompset" at pasted "shouldn't that ON UPDATE be on the next line?! (kohastructure.sql)" (15 lines) at
19:38 mtompset oh shoot... shouldn't the QA test tools also run on the SQL and PL in the atomic updates?
19:43 * cait waves
19:43 mtompset cait: bug 10459
19:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10459 minor, P5 - low, ---,, Signed Off , borrowers should have a timestamp
19:43 cait cool
19:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16179: Do not crash if "rate me" is clicked and not rate selected <[…]e10c73dafa4c82890> / Bug 16224: Fix t/db_dependent/Reports_Guided.t <[…]b64fe8d12fc146ff1>
19:59 rangi some good news for the day[…]with-kerbside-cpr
20:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16104: Remove warnings "used only once: possible typo" <[…]af9c6b2e7fa2ece2c>
20:30 kathryn joined #koha
20:37 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15883 - Upgrade jQuery from v1.7.2 in the staff client <[…]4081f0b97f88352f8> / Bug 16055: Do not allow basketgroup deletion unless empty <[…]076348916dd50004b>
20:40 cait left #koha
20:40 rangi heheh oops
20:43 rangi[…]7720d63da9f3b0a80
20:43 rangi check the last sign off :) someone needs to fix the git config :)
20:44 bag yup :)
20:44 bag that was me
20:44 rangi hehe :)
20:44 bag I blew up my kohadevbox
20:44 rangi ah right
20:44 bag reset —hard
20:44 bag missed a few [SIGNED-OFF] too ;)
20:45 bag but I didn’t think it was worth it going back and editting the git history (so I’ll own those mistakes ;)
20:47 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15832: Remove empty string from the filters <[…]c817ff0c4d75ea8dc> / Bug 15832 - Fix filter and items split-up in <[…]45ab51183a62d05cb>
20:56 cait joined #koha
20:57 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15682 - Only allow merging of 2 or more records form lsits (for consistency) <[…]a7a1c90ee0104cdd0> / Bug 15682 - Merging records from cataloguing search only allows to merge 2 records <[…]d2dfe0b2b77d4dd21>
21:04 TGoat joined #koha
21:07 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 14816: Fix multiple selection in item search <[…]bd3a09ae55f3dd4a8>
21:11 rangi[…]22894703570497538  still the best civil defence account anywhere
21:11 rangi[…]20466955761754112
21:12 rangi and still my favourite
21:12 rangi[…]11999841245630464
21:12 rangi shane you egg
21:15 wizzyrea hehe I hadn't seen the buckethead sheep one
21:16 * wizzyrea follows just for the comedy
21:16 wizzyrea getting the occasional retweet just wasn't cutting it
21:16 wizzyrea cait about
21:16 wizzyrea ?
21:16 wizzyrea (not urgent)
21:18 cait kind of :)
21:18 cait i messed up leaving you a message this morning
21:19 cait did you see it anyway?
21:20 wizzyrea I did see your message :)
21:20 wizzyrea so what seemed to be happening (I was a bit under the gun, I need to test more now that it's not urgent)
21:21 wizzyrea I had an import file with no userid column
21:21 wizzyrea and it rejected all 700 borrowers because of duplicate userid
21:21 wizzyrea I could see doing that if you had a userid column and it was empty
21:22 cait that sounds like a bug
21:22 cait and ew.
21:22 wizzyrea well like I said
21:22 cait i think that change was unintended
21:22 wizzyrea I need to test some more I think
21:22 cait we do that all the time - leaving userid and let it generate
21:23 wizzyrea yeah there's a note in the bug
21:23 cait so i don#t want that broken either
21:23 wizzyrea "it would be easy to generate a userid here"
21:23 wizzyrea but it doesn't seem to do it
21:23 cait i thought he was only talking about the duplicate case
21:23 wizzyrea s/bug/patch
21:23 cait when it finds one that is duplicate
21:23 wizzyrea I'd have to look more closely
21:23 wizzyrea at what happened
21:24 wizzyrea but I was a bit worried it would break things for a lot of people
21:24 cait i think we might not have tested the intended change well enogh
21:24 wizzyrea people who do imports anyway.
21:24 wizzyrea it's ok
21:24 wizzyrea :)
21:25 wizzyrea I will attempt to set aside an hour or so to have a look at it today, and file a bug if my findings are the same.
21:25 cait thx!
21:25 wizzyrea (I had a preprocess job to generate the import file that I was using, it was simply easier to fix the incoming data than to track down the bug)
21:27 wizzyrea I wonder if it would be nicer to have the manual in something like a gitlab
21:27 wizzyrea where people could write their changes directly in the interface.
21:27 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 16222: (QA followup) Add /api dir for the API <[…]164b73aa74a38cc96> / Bug 16222 - Add REST API folder to Makefile.PL <[…]41d0e90afb5c69681>
21:31 Karl_H joined #koha
21:37 Francesca joined #koha
21:51 JoshB left #koha
22:20 NateC joined #koha
22:32 BobB joined #koha
22:46 NateC joined #koha
23:32 JesseM joined #koha
23:40 irma joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary