IRC log for #koha, 2016-03-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 Francesca joined #koha
00:11 wizzyrea hi Francesca
00:14 Francesca hey wizzyrea
00:41 papa joined #koha
01:02 jcamins wizzyrea: I'm reading a fantastic book on French pastry.
01:03 jcamins Art of French Pastry by Jacquy Pfeiffer.
01:07 wizzyrea oooh that sounds nice
01:09 jcamins Super technique-oriented.
01:15 mario joined #koha
01:40 mario joined #koha
01:40 BobB joined #koha
01:50 * Francesca is falling asleep
02:02 josefm joined #koha
02:20 cdickinson joined #koha
02:55 BobB joined #koha
02:59 irma joined #koha
03:03 irma_ joined #koha
03:11 Francesca joined #koha
04:29 Francesca joined #koha
06:03 cait joined #koha
06:32 cdickinson_ joined #koha
06:38 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
07:25 sophie_m joined #koha
07:29 Joubu O/
07:29 wilfrid joined #koha
07:31 reiveune joined #koha
07:31 reiveune hello
07:53 laurence joined #koha
07:53 SamEEE joined #koha
07:58 alex_a joined #koha
07:59 alex_a bonjour
08:01 mario joined #koha
08:24 wizzyrea_ morning europe
08:29 cait joined #koha
08:33 * cait sends Joubu cookies
08:33 * Joubu eats all of them
08:33 cait energy for all the bug hunting
08:38 Francesca joined #koha
08:43 LibraryClaire joined #koha
08:47 LibraryClaire morning #koha
08:50 geek_cl joined #koha
08:51 liz joined #koha
09:17 reza joined #koha
09:18 reza how can I change all the borrowers notification setting? I don't want them to receive the check-in and check-out notification
09:29 paul_p joined #koha
09:34 Joubu reza: have a look at misc/maintenance/borrowers​-force-messaging-defaults
09:35 sophie_m oh, joubu, you make my day :)
09:35 Joubu sophie_m: ? :)
09:36 sophie_m I didn't know this script, it will be very useful for me Joubu
09:36 Joubu sophie_m: it's a very old script!
09:39 sophie_m koha is always full of surprise for me :)
10:05 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:06 gaetan_B hello
10:29 irma joined #koha
10:45 eythian joined #koha
11:36 Joubu @later tell oleonard I would love to get your opinion on bug 15119 :)
11:36 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
11:40 tcohen joined #koha
12:08 Joubu @later tell oleonard, could you that confirm bug 15993 is ok (dropdown menu for 2 entries: delete + edit). Or should we have at least 3 to create a dropdown?
12:08 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:20 drojf joined #koha
12:20 drojf hi #koha
12:25 tcohen joined #koha
12:25 cait i am pro 3
12:25 cait Joubu: i think i'd like having buttons for 2 and only a dro down for 3, because of the extra click
12:25 tcohen morning
12:25 cait you didn't ask me ... but.... :)
12:26 Joubu erk
12:26 cait morning tcohen :)
12:26 Joubu I have passed qa several patches this morning :-/
12:26 tcohen Joubu: I'll try to follow your example
12:26 cait Joubu: it's what oleonard suggested on one of those many bugs - i failed to locate the one last night where he suggestd it
12:27 Joubu tcohen: my example?
12:27 tcohen working on QA?
12:27 Joubu cait: ok I will put them in discussion, waiting for a consensus
12:27 tcohen working hard
12:27 tcohen ?
12:27 tcohen :-D
12:27 Joubu tcohen: yes! :)
12:27 tcohen i will QA mtompset patches first
12:28 Joubu It's a bit scary today, I QA a patch and find a bug in master...
12:28 tcohen he worked a lot on passing the tests I provided
12:28 tcohen hm, yes
12:28 tcohen i found a bug in the sitemapper
12:30 JesseDhammu joined #koha
12:30 JesseDhammu hello
12:30 JesseDhammu i need some help with koha Marc import
12:31 JesseDhammu i have imported my data from marc file, only bibliographic records.
12:31 JesseDhammu but now in cataloge i see the records dose not have any item associated. no Call number and No Barcode number.
12:31 JesseDhammu how to do the rest of the work ..??
12:32 Joubu @oleonard just put 15993, 15990, 15989 and 15995 in discussion. Either we go for the dropdown, or we add 2 bootstrap buttons
12:32 huginn Joubu: I've exhausted my database of quotes
12:32 Joubu erk
12:32 Joubu @later tell oleonard just put 15993, 15990, 15989 and 15995 in discussion. Either we go for the dropdown, or we add 2 bootstrap buttons
12:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:32 Joubu @later tell oleonard sorry for spamming you :D
12:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
12:33 Joubu JesseDhammu: you must check the "import items" options to import items
12:33 JesseDhammu ok
12:34 JesseDhammu so do i need to upload the same mrc file for importing the items ..?
12:35 Joubu If it's a new install, it's certainly better to restart from scratch
12:35 JesseDhammu Joubu: and where is the import items option, in the tools menu or in administration ..?
12:36 Joubu on tools/, you upload your mrc file, then you will have options for check/select
12:38 JesseDhammu Joubu: what is the diffrence between importing bibliographic records and importing Authority records ..
12:39 tcohen JesseDhammu: you need to code the items information as documented on the wiki, on repeatable 952 fields for each item
12:39 tcohen and do the import
12:40 tcohen if you have a unique value on the 001 field
12:40 tcohen you can re-import the same file, and apply a matching rule so data is not duplicated
12:41 JesseDhammu tcohen: i exported the data from CDSISIS
12:41 * tcohen been there
12:41 JesseDhammu and while importing i have checked check and import item record data
12:41 JesseDhammu but it dosent work
12:42 tcohen you should run the command yaz-marcdump file.mrc
12:42 tcohen grab a sample record
12:42 tcohen and paste it in so we can help you
12:44 oleonard joined #koha
12:46 oleonard Hi #koha
12:46 marcelr joined #koha
12:46 marcelr hi #koha
12:47 meliss joined #koha
12:47 pastebot "JesseDhammu" at pasted "CSSSC sample records" (41 lines) at
12:48 tcohen hi marcelr oleonard
12:48 JesseDhammu tcohen: just pasted 2 sample records
12:48 marcelr hi tcohen oleonard
12:49 tcohen JesseDhammu: I don't see any 952 field
12:49 tcohen holdings?
12:49 tcohen holdings fields?
12:50 tcohen https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_fields_%289xx%29
12:50 tcohen follow that guide to build your holdings fields
12:50 tcohen notice there are some mandatory subfields
12:50 JesseDhammu so it means there is some missing data in the exported file from CDSISIS
12:51 tcohen yes
12:51 tcohen well, maybe
12:51 tcohen maybe you have most of the data there, in some non-standard fields
12:51 JesseDhammu ok ,, ill try to export the data again, with 952 field, which could contain, call number, barcode, and item type details ..
12:51 tcohen and you need to put it all together into 952 fields
12:51 tcohen exactly
12:52 JesseDhammu and if i do that and then import the data on koha, would it automatically associate the item with the record..??
12:52 tcohen1 joined #koha
12:53 JesseDhammu tcohen: thanks, ill check it and will let you know if anything happens
12:53 ericar joined #koha
12:53 JesseDhammu thank you very much
13:17 marcelr oleonard: most patches of bug 15084 have been pushed already; see the comments
13:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15084 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Patch doesn't apply , Move the currency related code to Koha::Acquisition::Currenc[y|ies]
13:18 oleonard marcelr: The status of the bug was "passed qa" before I changed it.
13:18 marcelr yes and that is correct
13:18 marcelr it still needs rm attention
13:19 marcelr i guess 15962 can be applied immediately
13:22 oleonard Should the pushed patches have been obsoleted?
13:23 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:27 marcelr oleonard: they probably could have been? depends on what RMaints will do or not do with a bug report
13:28 marcelr hopefully this is an exception; it was pushed but needed several repairs after that
13:28 paul_p joined #koha
13:32 marcelr Joubu: is there any overlap ?
13:33 Joubu marcelr: overlap with what?
13:33 marcelr these acq reports you mentioned
13:33 Joubu yes completely
13:34 marcelr i will try to look at them in a next qa session
13:34 Joubu actually I won't produce code to the acq module until these 2 reports are pushed
13:34 marcelr there is also another one/
13:34 marcelr 13324?
13:35 bag morning
13:35 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]raph.cgi?id=13323
13:36 marcelr hi bag
13:36 bag yes I’m still working on 15084 (it’s on my todo list :)
13:36 marcelr hope that it is the last one :)
13:36 bag hi marcelr
13:37 bag it’s looking like it is and good find on that FK
13:37 bag thanks!
13:37 bag marcelr++
13:37 marcelr np
13:37 tcohen morning bag
13:37 bag morning tcohen
13:39 oleonard You're up early bag
13:39 marcelr Joubu: katrin once started qaing bug 13321; i must have hoped that she would continue..
13:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13321 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Tax and prices calculation need to be fixed
13:40 bag I sure am oleonard - couldn’t sleep so why not work ;)
13:40 tcohen i think everyone always wants to fix tax rates
13:41 hbraum joined #koha
13:41 Joubu tcohen: everybody wants but not when the patches are ready to test
13:42 marcelr tcohen: if you want to qa tax rates, please do so :)
13:43 tcohen no! I meant that i'd be great that i could fix tax rates so they fit my monthly budget :-P
13:43 marcelr :)
13:44 bag heh
13:51 Joubu have to run, see you #koha
13:52 * cait sendsmore cookies to tcohen, Joubu and marcelr
13:53 marcelr cait++
13:53 bag nice
13:54 bag so cookies from here too tcohen Joubu and marcelr
13:54 hbraum joined #koha
13:57 marcelr nothing better than a good breakfast bag
13:58 hbraum_ joined #koha
14:01 JoshB joined #koha
14:04 nengard joined #koha
14:31 cma joined #koha
14:35 mario joined #koha
14:36 laurence left #koha
14:46 cait looks like NateC is creating some noise on twitter :)
14:48 nengard yup!!!
14:48 nengard it's awesome
14:48 nengard[…]=default&src=hash
14:48 nengard it's the CIL keynote panel he's on
14:50 bag yes cait :)
14:57 laurence joined #koha
14:58 laurence left #koha
15:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15084 - Update schema files <[…]4908011d68189c1c4> / DBRev Bug 15084 - Move the currency related code to <[…]2e05b5394e527a442> / Bug 15084: [QA Follow-up] Correct field length of currency <[…];a=commitdiff;h=0
15:37 kidclamp joined #koha
15:38 hbraum joined #koha
15:45 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15988: Moving authority types actions into a drop-down menu <[…]a60c7692f6b0ee726>
15:52 oleonard Quick, someone run a "how to sign off patches" workshop and take advantage of all my trivial patches.
15:53 nengard ooooo
15:53 nengard hehe
15:56 francharb joined #koha
15:57 bag go for it nengard :D
16:02 rocio joined #koha
16:05 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15979 - Use Font Awesome icons subscription deletion confirmation dialog <[…]b3ecc86fe5b1bfdcb>
16:07 TGoat joined #koha
16:13 thd-away joined #koha
16:14 pianohacker joined #koha
16:15 pianohacker hi
16:15 pianohacker Joubu: around?
16:16 hbraum_ joined #koha
16:21 thd-away joined #koha
16:22 bag he took off a bit ago pianohacker
16:22 pianohacker dammit, constant missed connections
16:28 rocio joined #koha
16:36 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15982 - Serials numbering patterns can be deleted without warning <[…]daea039be986727d7>
16:39 cait left #koha
16:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15981 - Serials frequencies can be deleted without warning <[…]25a6dac55cb8d543c>
16:46 wmnickc joined #koha
16:46 kidclamp joined #koha
16:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 15994: Adding font awesome icons to Funds actions <[…]29ad98c40af7584b4>
17:07 oleonard patroncards/ says flagsrequired   => { catalogue => 1 }, but checks CAN_user_tools_label_creator
17:07 oleonard patroncards/ says flagsrequired => { serials => 'routing' } !
17:08 oleonard That must be a copy-and-paste error.
17:12 bag ah seems like it
17:21 oleonard nengard++
17:22 oleonard nengard thanks for Bug 16030, you beat me to it.
17:22 nengard :)
17:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=16030 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Automatic item modifications by age missing from admin sidebar
17:26 thd joined #koha
17:31 misilot joined #koha
17:43 thd-away joined #koha
18:00 talljoy joined #koha
18:05 hbraum joined #koha
18:22 drojf joined #koha
18:22 drojf evening
18:22 drojf meeting in 1.5 hours?
18:27 drojf i added some line breaks to the fundraising wiki page. i hope that#s ok
18:31 bag yup :)
18:51 cdickinson_ joined #koha
19:01 drojf @wunder rome
19:01 huginn drojf: Error: No such location could be found.
19:01 drojf @wunder rome, italy
19:01 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Largo di Torre Argentina, Roma, Italy is 10.4°C (7:53 PM CET on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 67%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.65 in 1004 hPa (Steady).
19:02 tcohen it's already burnt dorjf
19:02 drojf heh
19:02 drojf needs more warm
19:02 oleonard @wunder rome, GA
19:02 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Oak Hill & The Martha Berry Museum, Rome, Georgia is 26.8°C (1:56 PM EST on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 44%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Falling).
19:03 oleonard @wunder rome, NY
19:03 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in E. Garden, Rome, New York is 24.1°C (2:02 PM EST on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 39%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
19:03 oleonard @wunder rome, OH
19:03 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Roaming Shores - Beach 2 Cove, Roaming Shores, Ohio is 20.2°C (2:03 PM EST on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 61%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Falling).
19:03 drojf there is a lot of romes
19:03 oleonard huginn I think you spelled "rome" wrong on that last one :P
19:03 huginn oleonard: I suck
19:10 drojf i ate too much icecream and now i'm cold. life is complicated
19:11 drojf @wunder thessaloniki
19:11 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Thessaloniki, Greece is 11.0°C (8:50 PM EET on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.62 in 1003 hPa (Steady).
19:12 oleonard @wunder 45701
19:12 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Heatherstone, Athens, Ohio is 24.1°C (2:11 PM EST on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.08 in 1018 hPa (Falling).
19:12 oleonard Crazy warm here.
19:13 drojf nice
19:16 tcohen @wunder nice
19:16 huginn tcohen: Error: No such location could be found.
19:16 tcohen @wunder nice, france
19:16 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Nice, France is 9.0°C (8:00 PM CET on March 09, 2016). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 48%. Dew Point: 2.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Rising).
19:16 tcohen brrr
19:17 tcohen drojf: not a good idea
19:19 oleonard Quotes uploader doesn't work for me.
19:22 rangi morning
19:22 oleonard Hi rangi
19:22 tcohen hi rangi
19:23 tcohen later #koha
19:24 rangi cya tcohen
19:24 drojf hi rangi
19:26 bag hi rangi
19:30 rangi is it the meeting in 30 mins?
19:31 bag yes
19:31 * oleonard will leave just then, offers his votes to anyone who wants them
19:32 oleonard Ugh... git blames ME!
19:33 oleonard ...for having broken the quotes uploader in 2013. That's a whole lotta quotes not getting uploaded, ever.
19:34 * oleonard subconsciously broke the quotes uploader on purpose
19:34 rangi heh
19:36 oleonard -    float       : left;
19:36 oleonard Boom, quotes uploads are broken for 3 years.
19:37 rangi easy as that
19:37 rangi I guess it's not a super widely used feature
19:37 oleonard My most nefarious scheme to date.
19:37 rangi heh
19:37 rangi ok, rebasing elasticsearch
19:37 oleonard Or else everyone ignored the fact that there was no preview of the upload and just clicked "Save quotes"
19:38 rangi more likely
19:38 paul_p joined #koha
19:40 rangi this is gonna take a bit, because of Koha::ItemType and Koha::ItemTypes
19:40 rangi but once that is reconciled, the rest should rebase fine
19:43 rangi Koha::Object doesn't have accessors built in eh?
19:45 rangi that kinda sux
19:47 cait joined #koha
19:47 * cait waves
19:52 rangi oh yes it does
19:52 rangi when you drill down
19:53 rangi well Koha::Database does
19:56 BobB good morning
19:56 oleonard Sorry to have to miss the meeting. I hope it is productive.
19:56 bag morning BobB
19:56 oleonard Bye all
19:56 talljoy hiya BobB
19:57 BobB hi bag, talljoy
19:57 andreashm joined #koha
19:58 ikourmou joined #koha
19:59 cait everyone ready? :)
19:59 barton afternoon #koha!
19:59 ikourmou hello!
19:59 barton cait: I'm here with bells on.
19:59 mtompset joined #koha
20:00 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
20:00 cait ok, let's get this started
20:00 cait #startmeeting Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016
20:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Mar  9 20:00:42 2016 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
20:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'genereal_irc_meeting_9_march_2016'
20:00 cait #topic Introductions
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:00 barton #info barton, BWS, Louisville KY, USA
20:00 mtompset #info Mark Tompsett
20:00 talljoy #info Joy Nelson, ByWater Solutions
20:00 cait please introduce yourself using #info
20:01 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
20:01 cait .. and where is wahanui?
20:01 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:01 bag #info Brendan Gallagher, ByWater
20:01 cait today's agenda is
20:01 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_9_March_2016
20:01 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Sydney Australia
20:01 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:01 ikourmou #info Giannis Kourmoulis, AUTh, Thessaloniki, Greece
20:02 cait ok, let's move on in a moment
20:02 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, ESI, USA
20:02 cait ... or two
20:02 cait ok, moving on
20:02 cait #topic Announcement
20:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcement (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:02 cait hm...s
20:03 andreashm #info Andreas Hedström Mace, Stockholm Univ
20:03 cait bag?
20:03 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst
20:03 bag RM update
20:03 bag Goal one is to maintain a low PQA queue - so daily attention
20:03 bag I am learning tons!  Constantly adjusting my workflow.  I know there are some things I've missed so making sure that the workflow adjusts to not miss things
20:04 bag I was under the wrong assumption with packages (my mistake) and have adjusted my workflow.
20:04 bag I understand that it shouldn't be all new packages will be created and I need to do a better job of checking if they are in debian already and if not - start a discussion for alternative methods.  I will be seeking help on any that come up until I feel I've mastered that part.
20:04 bag Again I am learning :)
20:05 * bag prepared his notes ahead of time (so it’s copy and paste)  I’ll slow down to give everyone a chance to read
20:05 bag Schema updates.  I know there are a few problems there - khall and I will be working on that to fix those.  That has been the second weakest part of my workflow and I'm adjusting that and getting better.
20:05 bag As always - please don't hesitate to talk to me - point out anything you think I am missing.
20:05 bag Elastic search branch - is currently being rebased on master by rangi (there is a change in the Koha::ItemType that needs to be adjusted)  Once that is caught up - I will add a weekly rebase to that on master until we are able to move that forward into Koha.
20:05 bag thank you rangi
20:06 rangi bout halfway there
20:06 bag sweet
20:06 rangi joubu also expressed desire to work on ES too, so you might want to touch base with him
20:06 bag yes his patch needs rebase  (looking for number one sec)
20:07 bag https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14899
20:07 huginn Bug 14899: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Mapping configuration page for Elastic search
20:07 cait #info Elastic search branch is being rebased
20:07 cait #info Problems with Schema updates are being worked on
20:09 josefm joined #koha
20:09 cait anything else?
20:09 bag That’s it from me - unless anyone has any questions
20:09 rangi oh, I just finished the rebase :)
20:09 mtompset So your first comment was like about URL::Encode and the like?
20:10 bag ?
20:10 thd bag: Is the koha Debian repository still working for serving packages?
20:10 cait #info Elastic search rebase --- done
20:11 irma joined #koha
20:11 mtompset or is URL::Encode in Debian, but not currently in Koha? ... nevermnd.
20:11 bag yes URL::Encode - there is a suggestion on how to work with packages that are already in koha (I posted the comment to the bug)
20:11 * mtompset nods.
20:12 cait mtompset: hm tried to install it on Ubuntu - but didn't find it
20:12 cait i think there might be ways around using that specific one?
20:12 bag that’s a good example of a place that I need to communicate a bit more :)
20:12 bag added that to my workflow
20:12 nengard #info Nicole Engard, ByWater
20:12 mtompset Which is what bag was getting at, I think. :)
20:13 bag yes URL::Encode is not in debian
20:14 bag ok cait - I think we are ready to move on
20:14 cait ok
20:14 cait #topic Update on Releases
20:14 Topic for #koha is now Update on Releases (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:15 cait bag again? ;)
20:15 cait or one of the rmaints?
20:15 cait jajm, fredericd ?
20:16 cait ok
20:16 cait movin gon then again
20:16 cait #topic GBSD
20:16 Topic for #koha is now GBSD (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:16 cait I was thinking... i tmight be time for another GBSD
20:17 cait If people share that opinion, the next question would be about a possible date
20:17 bag yay!
20:17 cait some people prefer a Friday
20:17 rangi friday for you is saturday for me
20:17 cait in theory, gbsd starts your friday
20:17 rangi yep, but i wont be updating the scoreboard etc on the saturday is all im saying
20:17 cait yeah true
20:18 cait so thatwould be an argument for maybe use another day
20:18 cait also one of the next fridays is a public holiday in lots of countries
20:18 nage joined #koha
20:19 cait maybe a thursday?
20:19 cait 24th?
20:20 cait do i need to bribe the audience with cookies? :)
20:20 rangi heh
20:20 gmcharlt Cookies over IRC?
20:20 rangi any day with sufficient warning is ok for me
20:20 rangi be nice to make it a biggish one, and do a blog post about it
20:20 cait gmcharlt: no calories:)
20:21 gmcharlt good point :)
20:21 bag 24th looks good
20:21 cait so quiet...
20:22 cait i#d add a page tothe wiki and send an email about it
20:22 rangi thanks
20:22 rangi 24th is fine
20:22 Francesca joined #koha
20:22 cait i hope everyone quiet doesn't mean i will be the only one present ;)
20:22 BobB its the day  before Easter
20:22 cait ah
20:22 cait here friday is the holiday
20:22 barton cait -- not to worry :-)
20:23 BobB here too
20:23 cait BobB: so better the week after?
20:23 cait so is that good or bad?
20:23 drojf i though that would be good
20:23 BobB i'm not sure what affect it would have
20:23 drojf less clients to urgently deal with ;)
20:23 BobB but week after is ok
20:23 BobB more time to promote it maybe
20:24 cait the weekafter a friday would work i think
20:24 cait april 1st?
20:24 cait might just be dangerous becauseof the jokes :)
20:24 drojf didn't we just say friday is bad?
20:24 bag :)
20:24 mtompset I thought we said no fridays.
20:24 drojf maybe i am not following
20:24 barton cait: I couldn't think of a better time...
20:24 BobB Thu 31 is ok
20:24 cait aaahsorry
20:24 cait it's me
20:24 drojf i liked the 24th
20:24 drojf i'll do my own then
20:25 mtompset drojf++ # for wanting to do his own GBSD.
20:25 cait ok, quick vote? thursday 31st or thursday 24th
20:25 drojf will be a challenge to get me global :D
20:25 cait and then i will moveon to the next topic, promise :)
20:25 nengard left #koha
20:25 mtompset drojf: Do it for 48 hours straight no sleep, then it is global. ;)
20:26 mtompset 31
20:26 drojf i am too old for that :)
20:26 drojf 24
20:26 mtompset I'm for 31. :)
20:26 bag 24
20:26 * gmcharlt makes note to self - write script to automatically lock out a BZ account if it has been continuously used for more than 12 hours ;)
20:26 barton 24
20:26 * gmcharlt is neutral on 24/31
20:26 cait neutral too
20:27 barton ... and then follow drojf's lead on the 31st, if that's better.
20:27 cait barton: is that a 31 or 24 for you?
20:27 BobB i'm prolly neutral too
20:27 mtompset Ooooo... back to back GBSD's.
20:27 cait you people make it hard tocount :)
20:27 BobB ok, 31
20:27 barton cait: 24
20:27 cait ok
20:28 cait #agreed next GBSD to be on March 24th
20:28 BobB barton you cancelled my vote :)
20:28 cait #action cait to send an e-mail about GBSD
20:28 cait #topic Discussion on proposing a new version numbering for Koha
20:28 Topic for #koha is now Discussion on proposing a new version numbering for Koha (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:28 mtompset Wait... it looked like a tie.
20:28 cait that was long to type...
20:29 bag that was me that added that to the agenda
20:29 rangi everyone who voted needs to signoff at least 3 patches
20:29 rangi </new rule>
20:29 cait i think it was 3-2
20:29 mtompset +1 to that. :)
20:29 bag #info everyone who voted needs to signoff at least 3 patches
20:29 gmcharlt fence-sitters need to do 6 for being indecisive ;)
20:29 mtompset Oh you are right.
20:29 drojf and everyone who voted has to signoff one crypto patch
20:30 rangi heh
20:30 bag I’d like to propose that the next release of koha be - 16.05
20:30 * mtompset cheers, "Here! Here! gmcharlt!"
20:30 bag koha has been on 3.x for about 6 years now
20:30 drojf that sounds ugly
20:30 drojf or, looks
20:30 rangi i like the date based idea
20:30 talljoy you mean as in the year/month?
20:30 bag following a numbering going forward
20:30 talljoy i like that
20:30 drojf and it lacks chocolate/cookie related stuff
20:31 talljoy there is that...
20:31 rangi it has a big advantage of people seeing they are on the 12.05 release
20:31 BobB yes indded
20:31 cait #info Suggestion: use a data based versioning for next release - 16.05
20:31 rangi drojf: they can still have code names too ;)
20:31 cait will make it a lot easier to tell them just how old it really is :)
20:32 talljoy YES!
20:32 bag the numbering has caused problems for us - when we’ve been behind a release or two - and the bug says pushed to master
20:32 rangi yeah, at the moment i have to go look it up ;)
20:32 drojf i like the date based too, because you can immediately see how ancient your version is (well, you can't if you stay on 308 forever). i only don't like 16, i think. don't take it too seriously
20:32 cait bag: hm but why is that a problem with the numbering?
20:32 cait we'd still have master :)
20:33 bag ah yes - but I changed the message in the pushed to master - it now says the time of when it *should* be in the release
20:33 cait drojf: you have an aversion against the number 16?
20:33 rangi 16.05 The source awakens
20:33 drojf i am 16 dysphoric, or what kids call it these days
20:33 drojf 17.11 looks cool on the other hand
20:34 mtompset So... what is expected to be 3.24.0 is going to be 16.05.0?
20:34 bag yes it does more so than 3.30
20:34 bag yes mtompset
20:34 mtompset And each month
20:34 drojf no 3.33? :(
20:34 drojf :P
20:34 mtompset What about oldstable? 16.05.{revision}?
20:34 * gmcharlt has no object to 16.05 (and I've double-checked that it won't cause any problems with Debian package version number comparisons)
20:34 gmcharlt *objection
20:35 cait mtompset: only every 6 months
20:35 drojf will it be 16.05.1 or 16.06 then in the next month?
20:35 rangi drojf: .01 i think
20:35 cait i'd prefer the first i think
20:35 bag ok so I presented the idea.  I was thinking we’d get it out there and then maybe vote at the next meeting
20:35 bag 16.05.01
20:35 drojf rangi: the other way is probably too confusing
20:35 rangi yeah
20:35 drojf with several supported branches and stuff
20:35 cait #info bugfix releases would be numbered 16.05.1 ...
20:35 gmcharlt might I suggest that (at least this time around) we make the vote itself be strictly yes/no?
20:36 cait gmcharlt++
20:36 rangi +1
20:36 mtompset So, release).{realease number}?
20:36 gmcharlt i.e., choice between 16.05.x or 3.24.x, but intentionally *not* opening floor to alternatives
20:36 cait ah
20:36 cait i guess that would make things a lot easier
20:36 bag yes
20:37 mtompset Yes, stop 3.x branch. Yes, use.
20:37 gmcharlt my proposal is a little selfish, to be clear: I have a strong aversion to version numbering debates :)
20:37 mtompset Still need clarification of intermediate fixes.
20:37 drojf gmcharlt: yes lets get it over with as long as it seems we agree
20:38 drojf or we spend months inventing other schemes
20:38 gmcharlt[…]ers-noooooooooooo
20:38 bag ok vote now - or this motion passes for the next agenda “choice between 16.05.x or 3.24.x, but intentionally *not* opening floor to alternatives”
20:39 thd bag: Would there be a single for a nonstable build?
20:39 thd s/single/signifier/
20:39 cait hm
20:40 gmcharlt 17.00 / 17.06, perhaps
20:40 drojf so the vote could just be as simple as "switch to 16.05 style numberin? yes/no"
20:40 mtompset That's the part that confused me too, thd.
20:40 cait gmcharlt: why 00 06?
20:40 cait sorry,not getting it
20:40 mtompset right now even stable, odd unstable.
20:40 gmcharlt 16.05 == May release; 16.00 == stuff prior to May, i.e., unstable
20:41 drojf i'd say thats a detail that can easily be decided on once we vote for the general change
20:41 bag cait 00 is after 11
20:41 bag ahh.. there gmcharlt said it better
20:41 drojf gmcharlt: we have two 16 releases and need to prior-versions
20:41 cait ahok
20:41 cait sorry:)
20:41 gmcharlt drojf: right - 16.00 (unstable) 16.05 (stable) 16.06 (unstable again) 16.11 (stable)
20:41 drojf i'd say 16.04, 16.05 and 16.10 and 16.11. or whatever else
20:41 cait #info unstable /in development could be 17.00 / 17.06
20:41 drojf ok that is kind of the same in reverse
20:42 gmcharlt but more broadly, I agree with drojf that that's a detail we can punt on
20:42 drojf i'd say let the RM decide
20:42 rangi we can call it spaghetti if we want for unstable
20:42 thd Additionally, if an actual release date slips a little does it signify the wrong thing in versioning or would date use be fudged for an easily understood convention not strictly tied to date?
20:42 rangi no one except us devs should be using it
20:42 rangi so its just an internal thing
20:42 gmcharlt rangi: one would hope, anyway ;)
20:42 cait let's be hopeful :)
20:42 rangi lets call it dont_use_this.1
20:42 rangi lets call it dont_use_this.2
20:42 rangi etc :)
20:43 drojf lets not make that nice and simple vote boring and complicated
20:43 gmcharlt rangi: this_has_literal_c4_in_it.1...
20:43 andreashm 16.spagetti?
20:43 cait ok
20:43 rangi but really the external facing number is the important one
20:43 cait so we are going to have a yes/no vote next meeting?
20:43 mtompset ooo... 16.spaghetti.
20:43 bag yes
20:43 drojf can't we have it now?
20:43 mtompset I like that... yy.{whatever signifier we agree on}
20:43 bag I’m fine with voting now - the only complaint is I added this to the agenda yesterday
20:44 cait yeah
20:44 cait that'smy only complaint too
20:44 drojf lets vote now and give the world a chance to debate it next time. and i will accidentally miss the meeting :P
20:44 bag :)
20:44 drojf its not like we have millions of people at the meetings, and it seems we basically agree atm
20:44 gmcharlt vote now, and call it a straw poll if there are serious objections aftwaards?
20:44 thd drojf: As bag rightly proposed in proposing the form of the issue that we should wait to consider further.
20:44 barton drojf: is that accidentally or 'accidentally' ?
20:44 cait ok
20:45 drojf barton: either one or the other, whatever happens first :P
20:45 mtompset So, please restate what is to be voted on.
20:45 cait ok, can someone phrase a yes/no question for me?
20:45 gmcharlt how about this...
20:45 cait not sure why I amalways strugglingwith this
20:46 gmcharlt Shall the next major Koha release change the version scheme to, e.g., 16.05?
20:46 thd Would we be punting the fine details for further consideration of any actual implementation of the concept in any case?
20:46 cait #startvote Shall the next major Koha release change the version scheme to, e.g., 16.05? (yes,no)
20:46 huginn Begin voting on: Shall the next major Koha release change the version scheme to, e.g., 16.05? Valid vote options are , yes, no, .
20:46 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:47 cait obviously... , should not be an option
20:47 rangi #vote yes
20:47 bag #vote yes
20:47 mtompset #vote yes
20:47 cait #vote yes
20:47 drojf yes
20:47 talljoy #vote yes
20:47 thd #vote yes
20:47 gmcharlt #vote yes
20:47 drojf damn
20:47 drojf #vote yes
20:47 rangi heh
20:47 ikourmou #vote yes
20:47 * mtompset laughs at drojf
20:47 drojf i was too excited :D
20:47 mtompset Does anyone say no or abstain?
20:47 * talljoy hands drojf a cookie
20:47 drojf awww thanks talljoy
20:47 gmcharlt nah, drojf was just agreeing with cait's statement that ... isn't a valid choice! ;)
20:48 BobB #vote yes
20:48 drojf gmcharlt: yeah i was reading that, wondering what it was about and tried to vote at the same time :)
20:48 cait i meant the comma :)
20:48 cait ok, closing voooote
20:48 cait #endvote
20:48 huginn Voted on "Shall the next major Koha release change the version scheme to, e.g., 16.05?" Results are
20:48 huginn yes (10): cait, mtompset, BobB, bag, gmcharlt, talljoy, thd, drojf, rangi, ikourmou
20:49 meliss joined #koha
20:49 cait #agreed Koha's release version scheme will be changed to be date based, e.g. 16.05
20:49 cait moving on?
20:49 drojf i doubt there will be 11 people here next time that hate the idea
20:49 bag moving on
20:49 cait probably unlikely
20:49 bag :)
20:49 cait #topic Hackfest in Berlin
20:49 Topic for #koha is now Hackfest in Berlin (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:49 gmcharlt ;)
20:49 rangi im still waiting for work to OK me to go
20:50 gmcharlt (I may be a little excited about that outcome)
20:50 barton gmcharlt: I too am in shock.
20:50 drojf rangi: yay :)
20:50 * talljoy expected the earth to shake
20:50 cait drojf?
20:50 drojf not really anything new from me…
20:50 drojf liw will get back to me in april about a debian packaging workshop
20:51 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lin_Hackfest_2016
20:51 bag I’ll be heavy asleep on the 27th of may so I won’t be able to be there - but see you in greece
20:51 drojf so far very little people registered, namely cait ;)
20:51 cait #info there will be a Catmandu workshop
20:51 drojf so we would have one workshop per person
20:51 drojf :P
20:51 cait drojf: because youneed help advertising obviously
20:52 edveal joined #koha
20:52 drojf i dont know if people fixed their plans for greece already, so its hard to tell if there is more to come
20:52 kathryn joined #koha
20:53 drojf i will appoach german libraries that may be interested at some point if there is very little response from koha devs
20:53 reiveune bye
20:53 reiveune left #koha
20:54 cait i think ther would be some interest here
20:54 cait but it has not been advertised to the german lists so far
20:54 drojf so it would be helpful to know if peopke made their plans already. rome was full within 3 or 4 weeks
20:54 drojf its hard to tell
20:54 BobB would so like to come, its just not possible
20:55 cait ok, moving on?
20:55 drojf cait: it has not been advertised there because all german devs are already coming :P
20:56 cait ah not quite true
20:56 cait also, hackfests can help make new devs
20:56 cait #topic KohaCon
20:56 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
20:56 cait let's start with Greece
20:56 cait thx for the patience ikourmou
20:56 ikourmou ok, no prob
20:56 ikourmou let me give some numbers first
20:57 ikourmou about 135 registrations already
20:57 drojf w00t
20:57 BobB awesome
20:57 mtompset Nice.
20:57 rangi yay!
20:57 ikourmou and more than 25 proposals for presentations
20:57 ikourmou the call for proposals has ended on 7th of March
20:58 gmcharlt :D
20:58 rangi cool 25 is a good number!
20:58 ikourmou so now we have to form the program committee that will evaluate the proposals
20:59 ikourmou we plan to invite some of you (eg koha elders) to form the committee...
20:59 bag nice
20:59 ikourmou we also have opened the "call for sponsorships"
20:59 ikourmou
21:00 cait #link
21:00 cait #info Call for sponsorships is open
21:00 ikourmou I would say that in general everything goes as planned
21:00 cait #info 135 registrations so far
21:00 cait #info 25 proposals for presentations
21:00 cait ikourmou: the updates on the conf page are nice!
21:01 ikourmou but I would really love to have some feedback from the people here
21:01 ikourmou cait: thx
21:01 BobB joined #koha
21:01 ikourmou the venue we have booked has about 175 seats
21:02 ikourmou so we are approaching a limit
21:02 ikourmou sooner more than later
21:02 drojf with 135 already… that may be full soon
21:02 bag 175 is a good number
21:02 drojf what was the biggest kohacon so far? reno?
21:02 BobB_ joined #koha
21:03 * cait is glad she has registered already
21:03 rangi drojf: that or the first one in paris
21:03 thd ikourou: Is 175 merely a seating limit or also a legal/safety limit for the venue?
21:03 * rangi will register .. I may have to try and seek some sponsorship to come though, but ill register
21:03 ikourmou no, just seating
21:04 ikourmou we could expand it by projecting the presentations in the foyer (just a thought)
21:04 drojf ok so we can squeeze 200 in probably? i suppose not everyone is attending all sessions
21:04 thd Stamding room Koha :)
21:05 cait live bloggers get seats... rest standing or on the floor? ;)
21:05 ikourmou ok, we will work sth out, if we reach the limit :-)
21:06 rangi 136
21:06 rangi :)
21:06 ikourmou thx @rangi
21:06 drojf ikourmou: i saw you have several rooms there
21:06 drojf but that would probably be way more expensive too
21:07 ikourmou you mean the building kohacon is gonna take place?
21:07 drojf and/or bookes for other stuff
21:07 drojf yes
21:07 drojf *booked
21:07 ikourmou yes, they will be probalby booked by then...
21:07 drojf are you planning on streaming video or audioi?
21:08 drojf that was in the flyer too ;)
21:08 cait maybe we can talk more about dealing with 'more' once we reach it?
21:08 cait we still have some topics to deal with
21:08 rangi +1
21:08 ikourmou I would like to ask if there are any special considerations for the hackfest?
21:08 cait ikourmou: anything you need us to do/decide/volunteer?
21:08 cait wifi
21:09 ikourmou checked!
21:09 bag good internet
21:09 cait :)
21:09 cait enough power outlets, tables... maybe a projector if that would not be too hard
21:09 ikourmou do we need to define sessions or subjects or anything?
21:09 thd I encourage recording hackfest presentations for sharing with the world not attending in person.
21:10 drojf not really, unless you got a lot of proposals for dev-only events
21:10 ikourmou how do hackfest presentations work?
21:10 cait ikourmou: apart from providing the mentioned things,things usually get organized by the people attending - similar to marseille
21:10 ikourmou ah, ok
21:11 drojf i think liw would also be up for a debian packaging workshop in greece if its possible to decide in april. he just could not hand in a proposal now
21:11 rangi ikourmou: its more like an unconference, the people there on any given day decide what they will work on
21:11 thd Hackfest presentations may be very informal explanations or discussions of some technical matters.
21:11 ikourmou @rangi: that makes thing easier for us
21:11 huginn ikourmou: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
21:12 ikourmou we plan to have streaming for the whole Kohacon
21:13 * pianohacker is better nate than lever
21:13 drojf cool. and fair enough for people not registering in time
21:13 thd ikourmou: Will you be recording the stream for later access?
21:13 bag not sure if you are a better nate pianohacker
21:13 cait #info plan is to have straming for the whole KohaCon
21:13 ikourmou yes, we have some considerations on video size though
21:14 thd s/later/non-realtime/
21:14 drojf you should get consent to have all talks licensed CC or similar
21:14 cait ok, if there is nothing mor urgent
21:14 ikourmou drojf: noted
21:14 cait i'd like to move on
21:14 ikourmou just one more thing...
21:14 ikourmou we plan to propose the formation of Greek Koha Users Group
21:15 drojf cool
21:15 cait :)
21:15 bag cool
21:15 ikourmou that's all from me
21:15 drojf ikourmou++
21:15 rangi :)
21:15 cait ok
21:15 cait for KohaCon bids we currently have one from Dublin, Ireland
21:15 cait and one from the Philippines
21:16 rangi I think Dublin might be out, because of the not twice in the same continent?
21:16 rangi 2 europe in a row
21:16 drojf not really something to discuss the next few months, is itr?
21:16 drojf ah yes that
21:16 drojf i did not write that on the list, because the rules are not clear
21:16 cait not sure how to handle that
21:16 drojf according to the rules we should be in NZ every 5 years
21:17 cait i think it's noted somewher on the wiki at least?
21:17 drojf which would be cool :P
21:17 mtompset Where are these rules?
21:17 rangi heh, yeah 10 is more practical, id like to bid for wellington 2020
21:17 drojf there is a note, but its not a rule, just vague stuff someone noted (at least that is how it sounds)
21:17 bag I sort more feel - if you want to volunteer to host - volunteer - more power to you
21:18 drojf so maybe we should really set it as a rule
21:18 rangi populous regions will always win it that way
21:18 cait yeah
21:18 cait lots of options here in europe
21:18 BobB_ would be nice to bring it to Asia again
21:18 rangi and we'd never end up with places like nigeria, which would be really unfortunate
21:18 drojf we could probably get you kohacons in europe for the next 5 or 10 years
21:18 rangi i think the beauty of kohacon is it moves around
21:18 rangi everyone gets a shot
21:18 drojf yes
21:19 drojf so lets make it a real rule
21:19 mtompset +1 to making it a real rule. :)
21:19 drojf no harm in having bids that dont fit, those are people that may bid again the following year
21:19 drojf but i like the way it was done so far
21:19 drojf dublin tried to bid last year, btw. they were a day late
21:20 cait hope they won't be disappointed
21:20 drojf not sure if that was public, i think they only send it to me
21:20 cait but better to know earlier than later
21:20 drojf well, it is a nice reminder of being actually active in the community you are trying to host a conference for
21:20 bag we don’t seem to get flooded with propsals
21:20 thd The potential issue may have been mentioned in the text of recent calls for proposals on the koha mailing list.
21:21 rangi it took nigeria 3 years to win
21:21 BobB_ yeah and they kept trying till they did
21:21 rangi there is precedence for it taking time
21:21 drojf rangi: and the help of that rule. which is why i thin we should have it/keep it/make it a real rule written down somewhere
21:22 rangi paris, edinburgh, greece
21:22 drojf because locations too far fro the US and EU will have no chance otherwise
21:22 cait ok, so what is the next step here?
21:22 rangi reno, plano
21:22 rangi are the 2 continents that have had it more than once
21:23 BobB_ versus wellington, mumbai, cordoba, ibadan - so far 5 in EU / US and four outside
21:23 drojf cait: 1) vote on it as a rule, not only a guide or whatever it was so far 2) communicate it to dublin and in calls for hosts in genberal
21:24 BobB_ pretty good balance, so what we've done seems to work :)
21:24 cait ok, vote now or next meeting?
21:24 mtompset I think we could vote on the continent rule being explicit and written.
21:24 drojf i'd say vote now, but i think its a bigger issue than version numbering, so maybe an announcement would be fair
21:25 mtompset True enough.
21:25 thd How would the rule be formed to prevent alternating between North America and Europe?
21:25 cait it hink we sould not overcomplicate
21:25 cait not the same continent twice in a row?
21:25 rangi thd: its not twice within 3 years
21:25 drojf thd: that would be a different rule
21:25 cait ah
21:25 rangi thats always been the guideline
21:25 thd rangi++
21:26 cait that'd mean that dublin could be 2018 earliest?
21:26 drojf i never heard of that
21:26 Francesca joined #koha
21:26 drojf is that in the wiki too?
21:26 rangi who knows, we have ruled out bids using that before though
21:26 drojf i haven't :)
21:26 BobB_ rotate from E to W?  :)
21:27 drojf i think
21:27 drojf BobB i think we do not have enough options to have a fixed rule for that?
21:27 thd drojf: It has only been a guideline to follow for avoiding dominance by population which was discussed somewhat a few years ago.
21:27 rangi it came in after the thousand of votes for kohacon11
21:28 rangi we'd be in india every year otherwise
21:28 BobB_ none of whom came to the conference
21:28 thd rangi: As my call for proposals message has put it recently, we have never had to use such a rule in actual practise.
21:28 drojf ok. good to know, i was not aware of that.
21:29 cait maybe we need to vote on this next time
21:29 drojf hm yeah the voring rules for kohacon… i think its not on the agenda this time and i forgot what was last zime, but we need to think about that
21:29 cait so i will info it
21:29 BobB_ cait we are an hour and  a half into the meeting and only half way through the agenda
21:29 cait exactly
21:29 rangi i dont think we can blame cait for that
21:29 rangi :)
21:30 cait #info Vote on a for continent rotation for KohaCons next meeting
21:30 drojf i blame l*bl*me
21:30 BobB_ not blamin' of course, just sayin' :)
21:30 mtompset No one does, but it is rather long.
21:30 cait can we skip the next topic?
21:30 rangi yes
21:30 drojf what is the next topic
21:30 cait #topic International Koha Fund
21:30 Topic for #koha is now International Koha Fund (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
21:31 mtompset drojf: skipped mailing list announcement rules.
21:31 BobB_ bag?  or me?
21:31 bag you start BobB_
21:31 thd The vote counting issue is moot so far for the next KohaCon if we enforce some rule for venue diversity.
21:31 BobB_ ok Fundraising committee is doing two things:
21:31 BobB_ - about to start talking about how to raise to money;
21:32 drojf ah no we skipped two, which both were mine
21:32 drojf so the voting thing was on the list
21:32 BobB_ - and making rules for the Grants committee, in case we get some money!
21:32 drojf ^^
21:32 cait drojf: sorry
21:32 BobB_ So the draft rules for the Grants committee were put on the wiki last night
21:33 BobB_ and are there to be read and commented on
21:33 BobB_ and voted on next month
21:33 BobB_ questions?
21:33 drojf yes
21:33 cait #info  draft rules for the Grants committee were put on the wiki and are there to be read and commented on
21:33 drojf there is mentioning of a closed session. i wonder what things will be within such sessions
21:33 BobB_ thx cait
21:34 mtompset url?
21:34 Francesca joined #koha
21:34 BobB_
21:34 BobB_ scrool down
21:34 cait #link
21:34 BobB_ scroll even
21:35 drojf 2b Meetings of the Committee will be scheduled with at least 2 weeks of prior notice. A public agenda will be published prior to the meeting that will list all of the proposals under consideration. The agenda will specify which portions of the meeting will be open and which will be held in closed session.
21:35 mtompset Ah, right in the minutes, sorry.
21:35 mtompset ^minutes^agenda^
21:36 BobB_ droif I am trying to remember
21:36 gmcharlt as I recall, it's a catch-all
21:36 drojf BobB: not saying that can't be happening, just wondering what it is about, because it is not mentioned elsewhere
21:37 gmcharlt as in, anything that involves money raises the spectre of sensitive issues that should not be promulgated
21:37 BobB_ yes, to give the ocmmittee the option of private discussion, which should be made known rather than done secretly, if you follow me
21:37 gmcharlt and the grants subcommittee is reserving the right to discuss any such matters in closed session -- but to say in advance that it woudl be doing so
21:37 BobB_ gmcharlt well said
21:39 cait drojf: does this answr your question?
21:39 cait BobB: would you be ok with a vote in may? or is there a need to have the vote in April?
21:40 cait we could have the discussion on the mailing list
21:40 BobB_ until there is money in the fund, there are no grants to make, so these rules are not urgent
21:40 drojf yes
21:40 drojf thanks
21:40 bag ah an update on the money in the fund… one sec
21:40 bag we are a little over $300 dollars in the fund and we’ve had 2 donations so far in 2016
21:41 cait nice start
21:41 BobB_ and that is without any effort, so its good
21:41 cait #info $300 dollars in the fund, 2 donations so far in 2016
21:41 cait moving on
21:41 cait can we save the brainstorming for gbsd? :)
21:42 cait and get to set a date for the next meeting?
21:42 bag +1
21:42 cait #topic Set date and time for next meeting
21:42 Topic for #koha is now Set date and time for next meeting (Meeting topic: Genereal IRC meeting 9 March 2016)
21:43 cait wednesday, April 6th ?
21:43 cait 10 UTC?
21:44 drojf works for me
21:44 bag +1
21:44 bag that’s a difficult time to stay awake for 0200 for me
21:44 cait it's the normal rotation
21:44 rangi yep thast fine
21:44 bag I know I know ;)
21:45 cait #agreed Next meeting will be on 6 April, 10 UTC
21:45 cait #endmeeting
21:45 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
21:45 huginn Meeting ended Wed Mar  9 21:45:03 2016 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
21:45 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-09-20.00.html
21:45 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]6-03-09-20.00.txt
21:45 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-20.00.log.html
21:45 cait sorry, bu ti am falling asleep ;)
21:45 BobB_ 8pm - fine for me
21:45 BobB_ thank you cait
21:45 bag thanks cait!
21:45 BobB_ i am waking up :)
21:45 cait stupid timezones :)
21:46 bag time for foodz
21:47 drojf i suppose nobody has evaluated if the two times now work better than the 3 times before or the 2 times per meeting? not volunteering, but i wonder if we have now more or less participation in the meetings
21:47 BobB_ bag we have to schedule a FRC meeting
21:47 drojf @seen mveron
21:47 huginn drojf: mveron was last seen in #koha 1 week, 5 days, 2 hours, 2 minutes, and 35 seconds ago: <mveron> Bye #koha  :-)
21:47 thd drojf: We had three times for an extended period/
21:49 thd drojf: Alternating between three times would lead to the unpopular time having almost no attendance and defeating the purpose of a meeting.
21:49 thd s/would/had/
21:50 drojf thd: i assume so, but i would be interested in the hard facts (numbers of people actually attending) of those periods
21:51 edveal joined #koha
21:51 thd You could check the meeting logs for attendance of meetings held at 2 UTC.
21:52 Francesca joined #koha
21:52 bag BobB_: I will be visint with Romana and Paul next week
21:53 bag can you send out an email BobB_ to suggest next meeting?
21:53 bag Or do we need to wait and see if we have any comments on the grants doc?
21:57 pianohacker oh man, I forgot to jump in at the end of the meeting
21:57 pianohacker I have a NUMBER of issues with the proposed versioning scheme
21:58 cait hm bit late
21:58 pianohacker only kidding
21:58 pianohacker I've wanted this for years
21:59 bag pianohacker++
21:59 bag love it ;)
21:59 bag yes cait pianohacker wants to name them all after piano’s
21:59 pianohacker 16.05: Steinway Edition
22:00 wizzyrea phew I was going to have to get cross with you, pianohacker
22:00 wizzyrea :)
22:00 wizzyrea (not really)
22:00 wizzyrea I am happy about the new versioning system thoug!
22:00 wizzyrea though*
22:01 wizzyrea \o/
22:02 tcohen joined #koha
22:02 tcohen hey
22:03 wizzyrea hi tcohen
22:03 tcohen joined #koha
22:03 tcohen minutes?
22:04 bag Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-03-09-20.00.html
22:07 tcohen catmanduuu uworkshooooop
22:08 tcohen i hate you all
22:08 rangi https://librecatproject.wordpr[…]-viaf-identities/
22:08 bag yeah I’m a little jealous of that one - maybe we can get that repeated in greece
22:08 rangi did you see that tcohen ?
22:09 tcohen rangi: reading
22:10 tcohen oh
22:10 tcohen awesome
22:12 rangi it is
22:16 tcohen will we release on even years only?
22:16 tcohen :-P
22:16 reza joined #koha
22:17 Francesca hello
22:18 wizzyrea Hi Francesca :)
22:18 Francesca i'll be seeing you all tomorrow (feels like forever)
22:18 SamEEE joined #koha
22:19 SamEEE joined #koha
22:30 chrisvella joined #koha
22:54 wizzyrea sweet as!
22:55 mtompset "single fat LDF server (256 GB RAM)." -- *I'M* Jealous.
22:56 drojf bag, tcohen: You cannot get the catmandu workshop in greece, because johann is busy preparing stuff for ELAG the following week. doing it in greece was the first idea, i would not have interfered with that
22:57 mtompset tcohen: I don't if you had time to look up from the other stuff you are tinkering with, but bug 15870 is signed off.
22:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15870 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Signed Off , Add Filter for MARC to respect visibility settings
22:57 bag yeah totally understand that drojf
22:58 drojf that said, i am suppose he would do it again another time if there is interest (and probably some funding for travel costs, depending on the location)
22:58 drojf *i suppose
23:01 drojf he is organizing a catmandu something something release meeting in april, but i think that is mainly for catmandu core developers
23:02 reza joined #koha
23:04 drojf anyway we should try and do more things together with librecat people. btw their ES store dev version suppoirts ES 2.0 now, not sure if that is relevant for us?! what version are we targetiing?
23:05 rangi 2
23:05 drojf ok cool
23:05 rangi getting lunch bbiab
23:05 cait left #koha
23:09 bag drojf: how long are you in rome?
23:09 drojf bag: monday to thursday
23:10 drojf and you?
23:10 bag cool I land monday and fly out saturday
23:12 bag :)
23:12 drojf i think i arrive early afternoon on monday and leave around the same on thursday. really looking forward to it. it was on short notice but it fits in very well for me :)
23:14 drojf bag: you don't have to talk, just supervise? ;)
23:14 bag I think I am talking a little about ES in the very beginning
23:15 bag but talljoy gives a good presentation about bibframe :)
23:15 drojf yeah i am looking forward to the workshop :)
23:15 bag ok time for me to head home
23:16 drojf time for me to go to bed :) see you here later or in rome!
23:17 drojf good night #koha
23:25 Francesca joined #koha
23:54 jamesb joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary