IRC log for #koha, 2014-10-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 papa joined #koha
00:05 rangi hows cordoba today tcohen ?
00:08 tcohen joined #koha
00:09 tcohen back online?
00:10 rangi yep
00:17 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13115 - Holidays.t will fail some unit tests on Sundays <[…]00c705c05b57f4991> / Bug 13114: Prevent Shibboleth Patches from spamming logs <[…]cf15284fae042a711>
00:58 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
00:58 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
00:58 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_D7 build #192: FIXED in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ha_Master_D7/192/
00:58 jenkins_koha * Martin Renvoize: Bug 13114: Prevent Shibboleth Patches from spamming logs
00:58 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 13115 - Holidays.t will fail some unit tests on Sundays
00:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13114 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Disabled Shibboleth authentication spams logs
00:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13115 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Holidays.t will fail some unit tests on Sundays
01:18 talljoy joined #koha
01:52 tcohen night every1
01:55 eythian later
02:29 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
02:29 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
02:29 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U14 build #179: FIXED in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U14/179/
02:41 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
02:41 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
02:41 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12 build #196: FIXED in 54 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U12/196/
04:54 ashimema_zzzzz /nick/
05:03 ashimema joined #koha
05:15 laurence joined #koha
05:22 cait joined #koha
05:27 cait morning #koha
05:34 magnuse morning cait and #koha
05:34 cait morning :)
05:34 magnuse :-)
05:34 magnuse @wunder boo
05:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 3.0°C (7:20 AM CEST on October 22, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 52%. Dew Point: -6.0°C. Windchill: -4.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
05:35 cait @wunder Konstanz
05:35 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 4.7°C (7:30 AM CEST on October 22, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 5.0°C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Rising).
05:35 pastebot "paxed" at pasted "paxed@x:~/kohadev/koha$ rgrep" (9 lines) at
05:35 cait not much warmer :(
05:35 paxed ^ anyone know why that would happen?
05:35 magnuse nice day for a home office
05:37 magnuse cait: how can your windchill make it warmer?!?
05:37 magnuse paxed: not sure i understand the problem?
05:38 cait me neither
05:38 paxed not picking up the CASE 'FU' (the "Accruing fine" text won't show up)
05:38 cait did you grep for Accruing fine too?
05:38 paxed yes
05:38 cait i remember translating that
05:40 paxed this is probably a $SOME_SOFTWARE $DIFFERENT_VERSION problem. goddamnit, and not an error message in sight anywhere.
05:41 cait hm can't find accruing on pootle
05:41 cait *sigh*
05:42 cait hm mybe it's not there yet
05:43 cait hm now i found it
05:44 cait paxed: seems ok on pootle http://translate.koha-communit[…]ks&sfields=source,target&unit=11153160
05:58 paxed well, it should get picked up by translate update, but it doesn't, for some reason.
06:16 cait hm not sure
06:17 paxed i've tried deleting the po-file and recreating it, and still no go.
06:47 reiveune joined #koha
06:47 lds joined #koha
06:47 reiveune hello
06:49 magnuse bonjour reiveune
06:50 reiveune salut magnuse cait
06:52 cait hi reiveune and bbl
06:52 cait left #koha
06:53 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
07:05 sophie_m joined #koha
07:13 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:13 gaetan_B hello
07:30 paul_p joined #koha
07:33 lds joined #koha
07:37 paul_p hello #koha
07:43 magnuse bonojur paul_p
07:51 cait joined #koha
07:53 alex_a_ joined #koha
09:00 magnuse now sets up qa-test-tools for you
09:34 cait paul_p: around?
09:34 paul_p cait yep
09:35 cait paul_p: thinking about hackfest :)
09:35 paul_p cait one is over, everybody thinking about the next one ;-)
09:36 cait of course :)
09:39 magnuse oh yeah!
09:45 cait paul_p: pm
09:45 cait :)
10:16 gohil joined #koha
10:24 gohil left #koha
10:54 lds_ joined #koha
11:08 khall mornin!
11:15 magnuse hiya khall
11:15 khall mornin!
11:16 cait morning khall
11:16 khall mornin cait!
11:17 cait khall: i am still confused by the need for an new link in acq for bug 10877
11:17 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10877 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add "Order Record" processing
11:18 cait I think what you describe there is already done when you use the 'ordr from staged'
11:18 cait you don't have to have items in those files either - and you can use MarcFieldsToOrder to help create your items (quantity, budget, etc.)
11:18 cait I don't see the difference
11:19 cait the only difference i see is the prepopulating of the branche and itemtypes, but i think that culd maybe be just a checkbox somewhere
11:20 khall Cait, order records are a type of staged record, but they behave a differently. When you get to the "editor" after you select a record, that editor behaves differently if it is an order record
11:21 cait you write it prepulates a few fields - but wouldn't it be enough then to mark the record as order record on import?
11:21 cait without having a different entry link to access it?
11:21 cait use the staged marc file link and add a column that indicates which files are 'order' files
11:21 cait and then treat it accordingly?
11:21 khall yes, I suppose you are right. I'll have to take a look at the bug and see what I can do. I was thinking that
11:22 cait sory to be annoying :)
11:23 cait it just doesn't feel quite right at the moment
11:24 jwagner joined #koha
11:33 edveal joined #koha
11:42 collum joined #koha
11:48 laurence left #koha
11:49 oleonard joined #koha
11:51 oleonard Hi #koha
11:51 khall hi oleonard!
11:52 khall cait: is there a page on the wiki for this meeting? I can't find one
11:53 oleonard[…]g_22_October_2014
11:53 meliss joined #koha
11:54 khall thanks oleonard!
11:55 kmlussier joined #koha
11:56 oleonard I'm glad I checked the time. I didn't remember it was different this time.
12:03 francharb joined #koha
12:14 tcohen joined #koha
12:18 tcohen morning!
12:21 oleonard Good morning tcohen and francharb
12:21 tcohen hi oleonard
12:21 francharb good morning oleonard
12:21 francharb good morning tcohen
12:22 tcohen hi francharb
12:25 oleonard Looking at Bug 11926...
12:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
12:25 oleonard "Share data volumetry on the Hea Koha community website." Although "volumetry" appears to be a real word I had to look it up.
12:26 oleonard Would "Share data on the Hea Koha community website" be just as accurate?
12:26 oleonard ...or is there a nuance I'm missing?
12:32 magnuse maybe a distinction between actual data for individual libraries on the one hand and aggregate/average data on the other?
12:33 magnuse dunno though, just a hunch
12:34 tcohen oleonard: i'd say "statistical data"
12:34 tcohen not plain data
12:35 oleonard Oh, I see that elsewhere it uses "usage data." Better?
12:35 akafred joined #koha
12:36 tcohen oleonard: i'm fine with that
12:37 tcohen just want t make it obvious that it is anonymous data, somehow
12:37 tcohen also that is an opt-in feature
12:37 tcohen is matthieu saby here?
12:38 tcohen matts_away?
12:38 wahanui hmmm... matts_away is leaving the party :)
12:38 cait oleonard: my gues is that volumetry refers to the item, biblio and other counts on the website
12:38 cait but maybe also the prefs?
12:38 magnuse tcohen: msaby is probably not around, i don't think he is working a lot on koha anymore
12:39 cait tcohen: matts is matts is from biblibre :)
12:39 tcohen cait: 9828 doesn't apply cleanly, and it doesn't contain tests :-/
12:39 akafred Hi :-) Are there any videos, slides, minutes, transcripts from Kohacon14? Or did you have to be there? :-)
12:39 cait bug 9828
12:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9828 minor, P5 - low, ---, mathsabypro, Passed QA , Zebra indexes useless subfields in UNIMARC 6XX
12:40 tcohen i think it is easy to rebase
12:40 cait hm we didn't ask for tests so far for index changes
12:40 magnuse is there an equivalent to OPACItemHolds for the intranet? to enforce placing holds on individual items or next available?
12:40 cait akafred: there are, sec
12:41 cait ohoh
12:41 cait when is the meeting?
12:41 oleonard 19 minutes
12:41 magnuse in 20 minutes, i think?
12:41 cait akafred:[…]ohacon14/Schedule
12:41 magnuse what he said
12:42 cait tcohen: maybe we need to remind people to upload their slides :)
12:42 cait will ask rangi about ours
12:42 tcohen cait: yes
12:42 tcohen i think your's is online
12:42 cait yeah, but not sure if that's a long term thing
12:43 * oleonard wonders, "Self-destructing slides?"
12:45 tcohen cait: where should i upload my slides?
12:46 cait if it works i think to the wiki
12:47 cait like here?[…]KohaCon13_Program
12:51 thd tcohen: you should be able to upload slides to the wiki.
12:51 francharb joined #koha
12:52 thd tcohen: the wiki does have file type constraints for uploaded files.  Let me know if those need adjustment for your slides.
12:52 * oleonard shouldn't have looked at that page, is now sad again
12:53 * cait sends cookies
12:54 tcohen thd: had read you later :-( i already uploaded to slideshare
12:54 tcohen and added a link
12:55 thd Having them online in some manner is the most important issue.
12:56 tcohen :-D
12:56 thd Having them online with a free software platform would be better than a non-free one.
12:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:58 tcohen thd: how do i upload another slide?
12:58 tcohen (not mine)
12:58 * thd checks
12:59 tcohen maybe "Upload file"
13:00 * tcohen has been lazy, sorry thd
13:00 thd
13:00 barton morning, #koha.
13:01 oleonard So, uh... Meeting time?
13:02 thd tcohen: Are you leading the meeting?
13:02 barton that's what the topic says :-)
13:02 paul_p yep, seems it's 13UTC ;-)
13:03 dani joined #koha
13:03 * tcohen didn't have it on his calendar
13:03 paul_p no brooke yet ?
13:03 oleonard gmcharlt awake yet?
13:03 tcohen i can be here only 1 hour
13:03 tcohen 6:03 am for gmcharlt
13:03 edveal Morning #koha
13:03 tcohen hi paul_p
13:04 paul_p tcohen only 1 hour mean we will be efficient, and back to hacking soon ;-)
13:04 thd It is even a little early for brooke's time zone.
13:05 paul_p tcohen agenda is here :[…]g_22_October_2014
13:05 tcohen #startmeeting General IRC meeting 22 October 2014
13:05 huginn Meeting started Wed Oct 22 13:05:13 2014 UTC.  The chair is tcohen. Information about MeetBot at
13:05 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
13:05 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:05 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_22_october_2014'
13:05 tcohen #topic Introductions
13:05 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:05 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
13:05 oleonard Someone must have thought this was a good time for a meeting :|
13:05 tcohen Please introduce yourselves, using #info name
13:05 paul_p #info Paul Poulain, BibLibre
13:05 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Universidad Nacional de Cordoba
13:05 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
13:05 barton #info Barton Chittenden, Bywater Solutions, Louisville KY USA
13:05 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
13:06 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Oslo Public Library
13:06 khall #info Kyle M Hall, ByWater Solutions
13:06 edveal #info Ed Veal, ByWater Solutions
13:07 tcohen ok, moving on
13:07 dani #info Dani Elder, ByWater Solutions
13:07 fridolin joined #koha
13:07 fridolin hie all
13:07 tcohen will wait for frido
13:07 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
13:07 fridolin tcohen: here I am
13:07 meliss #info Melissa Lefebvre, ByWater Solutions
13:08 tcohen moving on
13:08 tcohen #topic Announcements
13:08 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:08 magnuse good turnout from bywater :-)
13:08 tcohen any announcements?
13:08 tcohen paul_p?
13:08 wahanui hmmm... paul_p is the 3.8 release manager, and is very tall, and does not like coffee.
13:09 magnuse and has a beard!
13:09 paul_p mmm... not that I see (am I forgetting something ?)
13:09 bgkriegel joined #koha
13:09 paul_p (STRONG wind in Marseille today, but that's not an announcement for this meeting ;-) )
13:10 tcohen heh
13:10 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba
13:10 cait tcohen: you found msaby :)
13:11 cait oh
13:11 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
13:11 tcohen heh
13:11 tcohen cait: no
13:11 tcohen #topic Update on old releases
13:11 Topic for #koha is now Update on old releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:11 tcohen khall: 3.12?
13:11 wahanui rumour has it 3.12 is due to be released on May 22, 2013. Master entered a feature slush on March 15, 2013, and will enter a feature freeze on March 22, 2013 and a string freeze on May 1
13:11 cait #link :[…]g_22_October_2014
13:12 tcohen fridolin: comments on 3.14?
13:13 khall 3.12 is getting to the point where there are few if any applicable patches
13:13 fridolin nothing special
13:13 tcohen #info Kyle says 3.12 is getting to the point where there are few if any applicable patches
13:13 fridolin I wich I could spend more time on intergrating patches
13:14 tcohen #info Fridolin says he doesn't have enough time to spend on integrating patches
13:14 tcohen are there any big bugs on those releases that need our attention?
13:14 tcohen i.e. help backporting?
13:15 tcohen remember we are here to help :-D
13:16 bgkriegel joined #koha
13:16 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
13:16 paul_p hey, one annoucement that everybody has probably seen : if you've a "forbiden date" for the Hackfest in Marseille in feb/mar 2015, drop me an email !
13:16 tcohen omnipresent bgkriegel
13:17 tcohen ok, anyone wants to say something about 3.16?
13:17 paul_p I plan to choose the date in november
13:17 cait for a moment I read... a date in november :)
13:18 tcohen #info Marseille's dates will be chosen in November 2014, please answer Paul's email on "forbidden dates" before November
13:18 tcohen ok, update on 3.18
13:19 * tcohen hopes 3.18 shines
13:19 tcohen :-P
13:19 paul_p tcohen = any patch needing attention you'd like to see included ?
13:19 paul_p (for 3.18) ?
13:19 tcohen that's what i was looking for
13:20 paul_p I'd like to rise the "hea" patch, it's a very useful addition, no side effect, and will give us a lot of interesting informations about Koha users !
13:20 tcohen paul_p: HEA is already integrated in my local branch
13:20 paul_p i've seen your email about some description, will send
13:20 tcohen waiting for some wording review
13:20 paul_p (will add a comment on the bz)
13:20 * oleonard is doing so now
13:21 tcohen oleonard++
13:21 barton link to HEA in bugzilla?
13:21 magnuse are there dates for 3.18 feature freeze etc yet?
13:21 oleonard Bug 11926
13:21 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
13:21 tcohen #link[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926
13:21 huginn Bug 11926: new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
13:21 barton oleonard++
13:22 paul_p tcohen = anything pending around plack or Unimarc & dom changes ? anything about facets in zebra ?
13:22 tcohen i was about to say
13:22 tcohen #info tcohen urges people to look at the plack related patches
13:23 tcohen #info Zebra facets should be tested a lot :-D
13:23 tcohen also, there are several UNIMARC patches that recently failed to apply
13:23 tcohen (my fault, because of the changes I made on the XSLT files)
13:23 cait thre is also a follow up for facets that needs signoff i think
13:23 wahanui okay, cait.
13:23 cait the pref for choosing the number of facets?
13:23 tcohen yes
13:24 magnuse tcohen: are there dates for 3.18 feature slush/freeze etc yet?
13:24 tcohen there will be another nso for warning the user in the about page for conflicting zebra facets configuration
13:24 cait paul_p: do you thik someon could take a look at the tests failing for bug 10860?
13:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10860 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Failed QA , On-site checkouts (was In-House Use)
13:25 paul_p tcohen you mean someone excluding joubu that is afk for 3 weeks ? I don't think so. everybody too busy at BibLibre
13:26 paul_p s/tcohen/cait/, sorry
13:26 khall paul_p: I'll take a look at it. If it's something simple I can take care of it
13:27 * paul_p bet the test fail because of some missing data in the db...
13:27 paul_p thx khall
13:27 khall np!
13:27 magnuse khall++
13:27 barton magnuse -- he gets that all the time ;-)
13:28 tcohen magnuse: feature freeze will be friday 31
13:28 cait or maybe because of the db changes and some test needs adjusting khall++
13:28 cait khall: i am very interested in that feature, woudl be nice to see it move
13:29 cait tcohen: #info? :)
13:29 cait #info Feature freeze will be Friday 31 October
13:29 tcohen info Feature freeze for 3.18 is October 31
13:29 oleonard Wow that's really soon.
13:29 magnuse it is!
13:29 tcohen time goes by!
13:30 magnuse it sure does
13:30 tcohen i expect you all email me about those features you expected for 3.18 and are close to be finished
13:30 tcohen so we find the way
13:30 tcohen we still have a week and a half
13:31 tcohen and the PQA queue doubles the SO one in amount of bugs
13:31 magnuse me would like to see bug 11401 go in, but that is only of interest to norwegian libraries...
13:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11401 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Needs Signoff , Add support for Norwegian national library card
13:31 cait and feature freeze is not push freeze... but we need to have a deadline
13:31 cait to wrk thorugh the things in pqa i think
13:31 tcohen magnuse: that one is on the list
13:31 cait and give tiime for translators
13:31 magnuse yay
13:31 tcohen fell free to ask me for any help you might need to make it faster
13:32 tcohen that's an opt-in feature that wouldn't break any other feature
13:33 paul_p I'm also really willing to see the updatedatabase improvement, written by me, rewritten by marcel, going in.
13:33 paul_p will be a wunderbach improvement for sandboxes !
13:33 magnuse yeah, that would be cool
13:33 tcohen paul_p: link?
13:33 wahanui i heard link was broken. Also, we don't know what tools you're using to create the marc, but there is probably an option in that tool.
13:33 magnuse and how about the big utf8 bug?
13:33 magnuse bug 11944
13:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
13:34 tcohen i'll be working on it today and tomorrow
13:34 magnuse woohoo!
13:34 paul_p bz 13068
13:34 magnuse tcohen++
13:34 paul_p bug 13068
13:34 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13068 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Signed Off , New feature for DB update and sandbox
13:34 bgkriegel_ i can add 3.18 to translation server soon, to give more time to translators (after feature freeze)
13:35 tcohen bgkriegel++
13:35 tcohen #action Bernardo will add 3.18 soon on the translation server
13:36 paul_p tcohen about 13068, I'll sign-off asap (new signoff needed I think, as it's almost a complete rewrite). khall would you be OK to QA it after ? (ill' drop you an email once I've signed off)
13:36 tcohen #info Tomas has asked people who wrote new features / enhancements to drop some lines for the release notes, please contact him if you have something to say
13:36 tcohen paul_p: that's fine
13:36 cait bgkriegel++ :)
13:37 khall paul_p: absolutely!
13:37 tcohen it is mostly a change in the updatedatabase maintenance workflow
13:37 tcohen ok, moving on?
13:37 khall paul_p: ping me here as well once it's signed
13:37 * magnuse gotta run, sorry
13:38 bgkriegel_ If someone has time (magnuse) perhaps a look to Bug 7939
13:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7939 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Needs Signoff , Separate po files for different MARC dialects
13:38 tcohen before we move on, PLEASE CONTACT ME for anything 3.18 related, better sooner than later
13:38 fridolin1 joined #koha
13:38 tcohen ok
13:38 cait also tell me if one of your patches is more important than another, so we can give it prio in qa
13:38 paul_p tcohen = can I get coffee with my 3.18 please ?
13:38 paul_p :D
13:39 tcohen sure :-D
13:39 tcohen #topic Code of Conduct
13:39 Topic for #koha is now Code of Conduct (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:39 cait tcohen: alfajores please :) I am running out
13:39 tcohen #link
13:40 tcohen thd: you proposed some ammendments
13:40 tcohen #link[…]ugust/040462.html
13:40 tcohen #info The current code of conduct was distributed to KohaCon14 atendees
13:41 thd I also submitted a patch against the repository.
13:41 tcohen and fortunately we didn't need to use it
13:41 thd We hope that we would always never need to use it.
13:41 tcohen is your patch applied to the one in galen's repo?
13:42 tcohen i don't see it
13:42 thd The patch is against the repo but gmcharlt does not seem to have taken the time to post a branch with the patch.
13:43 tcohen ah
13:43 tcohen so we cannot vote on it??
13:43 thd The content of the patch is the same as the text changes in my email except:
13:44 thd I correct a misspelling ant-harassment to anti-harassment and
13:44 thd the verbose phrase for 24 hours to 24 hours.
13:45 thd Yes I think that we should be able to vote on it as a whole or the parts in my email individually.
13:47 thd Does anyone have questions about my proposed amendments or specific amendments to it?
13:47 talljoy joined #koha
13:48 thd No had raised any on the mailing list when I had last checked.
13:48 mario joined #koha
13:48 thd I suggest that we vote on the proposed amendments  as a whole.
13:48 tcohen i have no personal objections to the ammendments
13:49 paul_p same thing for me
13:49 thd If it fails we can enquire if there are objections to particular parts which might be changed.
13:49 barton yep. I'm good with the ammendments -- I really want to be able to harass ants again.
13:49 cma joined #koha
13:49 tcohen heh
13:49 talljoy heh
13:50 tcohen thdta
13:50 tcohen hi talljoy
13:50 talljoy hi tcohen
13:50 tcohen smuxi autocomplete seems, funny
13:50 paul_p (and my opinion about this code of conduct is that we never had any problem, so adopting a coc may be good, but no need to discuss it for years ;-) )
13:50 talljoy #info Joy Nelson ByWater Solutions
13:50 barton paul_p++
13:50 tcohen if there are no objections...
13:51 thd paul_p: My only concern is that if we would ever have a problem that we should have something more refined than the existing version.
13:51 paul_p thd = let's fix it when we face it then
13:51 paul_p "if it work, don't fix it" ;-)
13:51 tcohen yeah
13:51 tcohen ok, we agree on the changes
13:51 barton +1
13:52 paul_p +1
13:52 thd paul_p: I actually do not think that the existing language "works".
13:52 dani +1
13:52 tcohen +1
13:52 thd +1
13:52 bgkriegel_ +1
13:52 talljoy +1
13:52 edveal +1
13:52 tcohen #agreed Thomas Dukleth ammendments to the CoC
13:53 tcohen #info CoC can be improved in future iterations
13:53 tcohen of course heh
13:53 tcohen #topic KohaCon14
13:53 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon14 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
13:54 tcohen #info KohaCon14 was a huge success for the local community, lots of universities
13:54 thd Maybe at some point someone will find some language to apply the wording to the mailing list etc. other than by some ambiguous invokation statement.
13:54 paul_p kohacon14 was awful. Very poor welcoming from argentinian ppl. Should we say more ?
13:54 paul_p :D :D :D
13:54 tcohen :-/
13:54 talljoy lol
13:54 * talljoy is not sure who paul_p met....
13:55 tcohen #actions Tomas will try to upload all presentations for the wiki
13:55 paul_p very small meat pieces in our plates, very cloudy weather. everything was wrong...
13:55 thd :)
13:55 talljoy naughty boy
13:55 paul_p (and a choir singing, oh my god, it was so awful...)
13:55 tcohen #action Tomas will try to upload all presentations for the wiki
13:56 * talljoy wonders who gave paul_p coffee this morning
13:56 paul_p talljoy reminder= I don't drink coffee ;-)
13:56 talljoy that's my point!
13:56 tcohen #action We are finishing the production of a short film about the Koha project/community history
13:56 paul_p and it's 4PM here
13:57 tcohen btw, bgkriegel_ we need to attend that interviews in 5 minutes
13:57 paul_p ok, back to being serious.
13:57 bgkriegel_ yeah
13:57 paul_p in case there's any newbie here: I was kidding. It was wonderful !
13:57 tcohen :-D
13:57 francharb joined #koha
13:57 barton tcohen: that sounds cool... who is producing it?
13:57 tcohen barton: :-D
13:58 paul_p barton = I don't know, all what I know is that we've all been interviewed one by one. and at the end, we had some words to say, they'll probably make a patchwork from them
13:58 talljoy "I AM THE KOHA"
13:58 paul_p barton (I've been itw in french. the result will be funny...)
13:59 tcohen we are putting subtitles to it
13:59 paul_p I hope ;-)
13:59 paul_p next topic ? (tcohen: look at your watch)
13:59 * barton looks forward to seeing that.
13:59 tcohen barton: we appointed two proffesionals to make the video
14:00 tcohen #chair paul_p
14:00 huginn Current chairs: paul_p tcohen
14:00 tcohen :-D
14:00 tcohen already late!
14:00 tcohen #topic KohaCon15
14:00 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
14:00 thd :)
14:00 paul_p hey, no, I don't want to chair!
14:00 talljoy hahahahaha
14:00 paul_p (and I really don't know how to do it !!!)
14:00 tcohen bbl :-D
14:01 thd paul_p:  There is almost nothing left.
14:01 paul_p KohaCon15, we've only one candidate, no news from them for some months. What should we do ?
14:01 cait i think write them an email :)
14:01 paul_p should we drop them an email to ask for confirmation of their application ?
14:01 paul_p ok, cait, we agree ;-)
14:02 thd Yes, exactly.
14:02 paul_p if you want, I'll do that.
14:02 cait that's ok for me
14:02 paul_p anyone objecting ? any objection ?
14:03 paul_p #action paul will drop a mail to nigerian candidate for KohaCon15, to check if they're still voluntering, as they're the only candidate, if they are, they win
14:03 cait #action paul_p is going to contact the Nigerian KohaCon15 applicants to get confirmation that they will organize KohaCon15 (no vote this year, as only one application)
14:03 cait heh :)
14:03 thd paul_p: type #action paul_p will send email asking only submitter about status of application for KohaCon15
14:04 talljoy i think we got that triplicate
14:04 paul_p next topic then:  Actions from General IRC meeting 24 September 2014
14:04 paul_p I don't see any action. Am I missing something ?
14:04 thd paul_p: use #topic
14:04 rambutan joined #koha
14:05 paul_p talljoy I hope I won't forget ;-)
14:05 paul_p #topic Actions from General IRC meeting 24 September 2014
14:05 Topic for #koha is now Actions from General IRC meeting 24 September 2014 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
14:05 paul_p am I missing something ?
14:05 paul_p ... 3
14:05 oleonard I don't see anything paul_p
14:06 paul_p ... 2
14:06 paul_p ... 1
14:06 paul_p ok, next topic then
14:06 paul_p #topic Removing/amending "Preferably, patch writer and patch signer should not be from the same company or institution."
14:06 Topic for #koha is now Removing/amending "Preferably, patch writer and patch signer should not be from the same company or institution." (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
14:07 paul_p this topic has been discussed a lot in Cordoba, brendan wrote an email about the discussion on #koha-devel
14:07 paul_p any objection or comment ?
14:08 paul_p so let's vote ?
14:08 talljoy +1
14:08 khall +1
14:08 barton +1
14:08 paul_p +1 (of course)
14:08 meliss +1
14:08 dani +1
14:08 rocio joined #koha
14:08 oleonard -1
14:08 cait 0 - but let's try and see
14:09 edveal +1
14:10 paul_p no other vote ?
14:10 * thd distracted
14:11 paul_p ok, adopted then. (someone will have to explain me how to express results in the minutes...)
14:11 thd paul_p: use #info I think
14:11 cait or #agreed
14:11 talljoy yes ^
14:11 thd what cait wrote
14:12 paul_p #agreed amending patch workflow +1 = 7 votes, -1 = 1 vote, 0= 1 vote
14:12 paul_p (is it OK ?)
14:12 paul_p (properly written I mean)
14:12 talljoy try it in french....
14:13 paul_p #topic Set time and date of next General IRC meeting
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Set time and date of next General IRC meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 22 October 2014)
14:13 * thd is unclear exactly what the amendment is.
14:13 paul_p thd = (look at koha-devel, brendan's email)
14:13 thd adding or removing?
14:13 cait thd: it will be possible to do an internal sign off on a patch
14:13 talljoy amending a guideline
14:13 barton thd: removing.
14:14 cait thd: so one developer of a company develops the patch, another can sign it off
14:14 oleonard "Proposal for a change in guidelines for the sign-off process in the Koha-community" was the subject
14:14 thd That is what I had thought sadly ;(
14:14 talljoy thd can always be reverted if abused.
14:15 thd I understand the legitimate motivation for lack of time and attention from others.
14:15 cait that's what was agreed on
14:15 paul_p I've been the one promoting this change for the longest time. Believe me, I would be the 1st to propose to revert it if things goes wrong !
14:15 cait and to revisit it every release
14:15 talljoy yes
14:16 talljoy paul_p how is the next meeting time selected?
14:16 cait i will also push back patches for a second sign off if i feel it needs another set of eyes (like we do now with big patches too)
14:16 cait we move by 8 hours backwards i think
14:16 paul_p talljoy usually -8 hours. So 5UTC
14:16 talljoy okay and the date?
14:16 talljoy 1 month forward?
14:16 cait yep, about a month forward
14:16 cait with some variation of the day
14:17 paul_p next meeting 5UTC, at which date ? nov 19th ?
14:17 talljoy no objection
14:17 cait close to release :)
14:17 paul_p yep.
14:17 paul_p close to release
14:17 cait sounds goot to me
14:17 oleonard Is 5UTC a good meeting time for a good number of people?
14:17 talljoy not i
14:17 cait need to check
14:17 paul_p oleonard kiwis like it, others don't ;-)
14:18 paul_p 5UTC will be 4AM here.
14:18 talljoy midnight or so for me
14:18 paul_p (in France I mean)
14:18 cait eek
14:18 cait so not a good time for europe
14:18 paul_p sorry, 6AM. not so bad, but not good either
14:18 talljoy not good for europe or north america
14:18 cait hm 6 would be ok, but are you sure?
14:18 thd When did we decide to rotate instead of two meeting times in the same day?
14:18 oleonard We didn't, that was the previous procedure.
14:18 barton that would be midnight US EST.
14:19 oleonard Two meeting times didn't seem to work because of low turnout in the second meeting?
14:19 paul_p I thought the 2 meeting times was for dev meetings. Am I wrong ?
14:19 thd oleonard: When did we decide to revert to the previous procedure?
14:20 paul_p (the 2nd chairman will also leave the keyboard soon... in 10mn max)
14:20 thd paul_p: No, before the last general meeting we had two times for the general meeting also.
14:20 oleonard I don't think we should choose a meeting time when none present will be able to attend.
14:21 oleonard I think we should propose a widely acceptable time and encourage those for whom it doesn't work to propose a second meeting (with volunteer chair)
14:21 thd Exactly, which is why was choose two different times for the same meeting.
14:22 thd s/was choose/we had been using/
14:22 thd Is 5UTC widely acceptable?
14:23 barton no.
14:23 paul_p what about 8UTC ? Should be OK for kiwis, and OK for europe. not exactly 8h shift, but 5
14:23 thd 2 UTC was not widely acceptable and had led to empty meetings.
14:23 talljoy oleanard care to get up at 3am?
14:24 paul_p thd = it's wrong for everyone except aussies, kiwis, japan & china. But we have no chinese of japanese contributors...
14:24 oleonard talljoy: Nope
14:24 talljoy there is no such thing as a good time
14:24 fridolin joined #koha
14:24 fridolin sorry reboot
14:24 talljoy paul_p i say we go with the standard meeting protocol setting.
14:24 talljoy it's going to be bad for someone somewhere.
14:25 paul_p yep, I agree.
14:25 thd tallyjoy: which is why I thought two times seemed to be working much better than rotation.
14:25 talljoy i nominate you to host the second meeting then thd
14:25 thd Ok, I will host a second meeting on the date.
14:26 thd When should that be?
14:26 talljoy pick your time
14:26 paul_p nov 19th, then
14:26 paul_p 5UTC and ... (thd, pick your time)
14:26 thd What was the second time we had recently?
14:27 thd 22 UTC was it?
14:27 talljoy 22UTC it is on 11/19
14:27 oleonard That was the second time which was supposed to work for NZ
14:28 paul_p thd : UTC, it's 5 / 13 / 21
14:28 paul_p (8 hours difference x3)
14:29 paul_p thd ?
14:29 wahanui thd is probably concerned that CCL, Pazpar2, and Zebra support should not be an either that or Solr/Lucene option.  We need CCL and Pazpar2 for metasearch and we currently need Zebra for a Z39.50/SRU server. or concerned that indentation styles which do not collapse in vim lead to overly long lines which cannot always be broken across multiple lines.
14:29 thd 21 UTC is also fine and might be better for local time adjustments.
14:29 thd I suggest both UTC 5 and UTC 21 on 19 Nov.
14:30 barton +1
14:30 paul_p #action next meeting november, 19th, will be made twice at 5UTC (chairman volunteer expected !) and 21UTC (thd chairing)
14:30 paul_p how do I declare the meeting end ?
14:30 thd paul #endmeeting
14:30 * paul_p newbie at chairing...
14:30 paul_p #endmeeting
14:30 Topic for #koha is now Please read the new code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/. The next Koha General IRC meeting is 22 October, 13:00 UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
14:30 huginn Meeting ended Wed Oct 22 14:30:51 2014 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:30 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-10-22-13.05.html
14:30 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]4-10-22-13.05.txt
14:30 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]22-13.05.log.html
14:30 talljoy paul_p++
14:31 barton paul_p++
14:31 paul_p will update wiki immediatly
14:31 thd paul_p++
14:31 barton paul_p:
14:32 paul_p ok, leaving now !
14:35 oleonard I have some revisions for the preference descriptions in the  Hea patch, but I'm not sure if we should address the question of making it clearer that the feature is optional
14:36 thd When is the next technical meeting?
14:39 oleonard There is no upcoming dev meeting listed in the wiki as far as I can tell.
14:39 oleonard And no minutes posted for the last one listed:[…]16_September_2014
14:39 thd Was a time for the next technical meeting discussed in Argentina?  I did not find it on the mailing list or wiki.
14:41 oleonard cait still around?
14:41 thd There were minutes even if not posted.  The issue was deferred to consideration at KohaCon and the mailing list.
14:41 cait on the phone sec
14:41 oleonard No rush
14:45 barton hey, there's a patch that I *thought* that I had run across a few days ago, but now I can't find it... something about moving the determination of 'available' out of zebra on the search results page... does that ring a bell with anyone?
14:54 paul_p oleonard = about the hea patch, feel free to revise description. they've been made by a french speaking person ;-)
14:54 paul_p (and the feature is optional, but the better spelling we have the better it is ;-)
14:55 oleonard paul_p: It creates kind of a maintenance problem for the future, requiring that the list of system preferences be updated as they are added
14:56 paul_p oleonard yep, it's not a bug it's a feature ! not all sysprefs must be shared
14:57 oleonard Yes. I can see why you wanted to make a custom list.
14:57 paul_p oleonard that's why the list has been written in hea patch. things like "libraryname" or "authorized IPs" should not be included
14:58 oleonard paul_p: I'm think we should change the UsageStatsShare preference to be simply UsageStats so that it shows up first in the list of UsageStats* preferences
15:00 paul_p oleonard I've nothing against it (except it will have to be updated on all our customers that have it, and sophie will not be happy ;-) )
15:04 oleonard Here's a question for anyone listening: The Hea patch lists "public" and "university" as the only two options for "library type." What would you add?
15:04 oleonard school, private, special?
15:05 cait oleonard: here now
15:06 cait oleonard: hm i think rangi might have been working on a foloow up for that
15:06 cait i think more would be better, adding school, special like you said
15:06 cait maybe research
15:06 oleonard cait: I was wondering if your concern about the LibraryName and LibraryURL being mandatory was addressed in a follow-up yet
15:07 cait it didn't seem to be mandatory, but I am not clear on the use yet :(
15:07 oleonard "The library name will be shown on the Hea Koha community website. If this field is empty data will be sent anonymously."
15:07 cait it seemed to work for me without giving them - you can test with
15:08 cait activate it and then run the cronjob and your library data will show up there
15:08 cait oleonard: sounds optional
15:08 cait
15:08 cait it's not shown currently, but maybe it's planned for the future
15:09 oleonard I wonder if a blank option should be available for UsageStatsLibraryType
15:09 cait hm i like the idea
15:12 oleonard Hm, is that possible?
15:15 oleonard OFF: "" seems to work
15:15 cait hm would think it should
15:16 cait oleonard: the problem is joubu not being around before feature freeze - i think we can improve, but shoudl not push it back if possible
15:18 oleonard What do you mean by push it back? Ask for revisions?
15:18 reiveune bye
15:18 reiveune left #koha
15:18 khall paul_p: I was able to fix up bug 10860, but it took a lot more work than I thought it would. I think I had to edit so much code I'm disqualified from QA'ing it!
15:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10860 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , On-site checkouts (was In-House Use)
15:19 oleonard paul_p if you're still around, is there a reason why you chose to have UsageStatsLibraryType default to "public" instead of being empty?
15:19 cait khall: i can try :)
15:19 khall cait: please do!
15:20 cait i will also try to work through the gst patches
15:20 cait hopefully i am not getting stuck on dependencies
15:21 khall the on-site checkouts should be very straight forward
15:21 cait and khall++ :)
15:21 thd cait: Do you know anything about the next time for a technical meeting?
15:22 cait thd: hm nothing on the wiki?
15:22 cait i am not sure actually
15:22 cait i think we missed the last one
15:22 thd I also missed the last one.
15:22 oleonard thd: We call those developer meetings, or dev meetings
15:22 cait oleonard: not trying to rewrite it... if we find a big flaw, of course
15:23 thd oleonard: Yes, I could not bring the word to mind earlier because it was starring at me.
15:23 thd :)
15:23 oleonard Okay I will defer updates to the library types option til later
15:24 cait maybe make a separate bug?
15:24 cait it's quickly done, not sure if it needs changes on the hea server atm
15:34 fridolin see u
15:34 fridolin left #koha
15:35 oleonard Follow-up attached to Bug 11926
15:35 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
15:35 cait :)
15:35 cait bye all
15:35 cait !
15:35 cait left #koha
15:43 oleonard tcohen: The new facets feature is in master now?
15:47 oleonard Oh I see, Bug 11232
15:47 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11232 new feature, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to Master , Retrieve facets from Zebra
15:50 oleonard I should manually update koha-conf.xml?
15:52 gaetan_B bye
16:04 oleonard Zebra facets means that facets are drawn from the whole result set now right?
16:10 oleonard Sharks are cartilaginous fish, right?
16:13 oleonard As a comet gets close to the Sun, it loses some of its mass due to sublimation, right?
16:17 oleonard Stuck in web installer loop.
16:17 oleonard Also, talking to myself apparently.
16:31 cma hey oleonard, I'm here but not sure of the answer to your question.  I think I saw a push for that on the dashboard recently.
16:48 carmenh joined #koha
17:04 tcohen hey oleonard-away
17:16 dani left #koha
17:24 wnickc joined #koha
17:25 carmenh left #koha
17:29 carmenh joined #koha
17:37 tcohen @later tell oleonard you could "upgrade" your config files
17:37 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
17:40 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 13104 - Changing date or time format on a production server will create duplicate... <[…]04d4507f0f20c6586> / Bug 12005 : Creating a new zebra connection for each time we need one <[…]6eca02bb0076242be> / Bug 12884: Get rid of redefined subroutine warning
17:49 oleonard "upgrade" my config files tcohen?
17:50 tcohen sorry
17:50 tcohen are you talking about your dev setup?
17:50 oleonard Yes
17:51 tcohen have you tweaked somehow your indexes?
17:51 oleonard No
17:52 tcohen what I did was rm -rf ~/koha-dev ; perl Makefile.PL :-P
17:52 tcohen but maybe an upgrade might do it right
17:53 tcohen like in perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /path/to/koha-install-log
18:06 tcohen oleonard: success?
18:06 wahanui success is a good thing jenkins
18:12 oleonard How do I know that the facets I'm seeing are Zebra facets?
18:16 akafred joined #koha
18:21 magnuse oleonard, tcohen: you will need "make upgrade" too, i think?
18:22 tcohen oleonard: take a look at the zebra server logs
18:22 magnuse @wunder boo
18:22 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo Vi, Norway is 2.0°C (8:00 PM CEST on October 22, 2014). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Rising).
18:23 tcohen something similar to this maybe: [log] facet first phase real=0.00 cat=index
18:23 magnuse yup, light snow it is...
18:25 tcohen oleonard: do u have use_zebra_facets=1 on koha-conf.xml?
18:30 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11926: DBRev <[…]26521c55600d40678> / Bug 11926 [Follow-up] HEA - Render community koha statistic usages <[…]32000b91f097fc664> / Bug 11926: Follow-up - Fix new cronjob's file permissions <[…]?p=koha.git;a=com
18:33 magnuse hea in da house!
18:42 tcohen does this sound ok?
18:42 tcohen "The use_zebra_facets entry is missing in your configuration file. Falling back to legacy facets calculation."
18:44 tcohen and what about this one?
18:44 tcohen "You have set use_zebra_facets but the <zebra_bib_index_mode> is not set to dom. Falling back to legacy facets calculation."
19:09 tcohen @later tell rangi I need a rel_3_18_candidate tag
19:09 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
19:18 * magnuse would buy a book on dbix::class if anyone would write it
19:39 wnickc joined #koha
19:39 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
19:39 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
19:39 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12_MariaDB build #125: FIXED in 57 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]_U12_MariaDB/125/
19:39 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 9368 [ALTERNATE] - specific behavior of yr and acqdate indexes
19:39 jenkins_koha * Alex Arnaud: Bug 11926: Render community koha statistic usages
19:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9368 normal, P3, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , specific behavior of yr and acqdate indexes
19:39 jenkins_koha * Paul Poulain: Bug 11926: Package updates
19:39 jenkins_koha * Julian Maurice: Bug 11926: URI-encode data sent to statistics server
19:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11926: Add a cronjob
19:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11926: Add new sysprefs and fix encoding issues
19:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11926: Add the items table
19:39 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 11926: DB changes
19:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11926 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
19:39 jenkins_koha * Bug 11926: Follow-up - remove SearchEngine pref / fix POD
19:39 jenkins_koha * Bug 11926: Follow-up - Fix new cronjob's file permissions
19:39 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 11926 [Follow-up] HEA - Render community koha statistic usages
19:39 jenkins_koha * Tomas Cohen Arazi: Bug 11926: DBRev
19:54 mtompset joined #koha
19:54 mtompset @later tell oleonard Check out the secondary patch I put up on bug 12916. It is the missing test files.
19:54 huginn mtompset: The operation succeeded.
20:14 mjk joined #koha
20:14 mjk i have a weird problem
20:15 mjk i just restored my koha databases after a system failure and now huge ammounts of items seem to be missing
20:15 wizzyrea ooh a weird problem!
20:15 wizzyrea are the items in your data dump?
20:15 mjk when i run a report from the admin interface they appear to be there
20:15 mjk but when i do a search, they can't be found
20:16 wizzyrea do you possibly need to clear the index and reindex?
20:16 wizzyrea or reindex generally
20:16 mjk how does that work.
20:16 mjk i rtied koha-rebuild-zebra already
20:16 mjk *tried
20:16 wizzyrea if you installed using packages you can sudo koha-rebuild-zebra -v --full <sitename>
20:16 wizzyrea with what flags?
20:17 mjk -f
20:18 wizzyrea maybe you need a koha-start-zebra <sitename>
20:18 wizzyrea ps ax | grep zebra would tell you if it's running
20:19 mjk that did it
20:19 mjk thanks
20:19 wizzyrea \o/
20:19 mjk you saved the nesfa librarty ;)
20:19 wizzyrea highfive
20:19 wahanui o/* HIGHFIVE *o
20:19 mjk *librrary
20:19 mjk *library
20:19 wizzyrea[…]1r7bwg3o4_250.gif
20:20 wizzyrea ^ mrw
20:20 wizzyrea fixed it is <reply>[…]1r7bwg3o4_250.gif
20:20 wizzyrea fixed it!
20:20 wahanui[…]1r7bwg3o4_250.gif
20:20 wizzyrea woot.
20:25 rangi morning
20:27 rangi @later tell tcohen done
20:27 huginn rangi: The operation succeeded.
20:33 mtompset wizzyrea: So, you saw that episode of Dr. Who?
20:33 carmenh joined #koha
20:37 meliss joined #koha
21:02 jcamins Bah, I hate airplanes.
21:03 jcamins ... thought you ought to know.
21:03 jcamins And airports.
21:03 wahanui jcamins: That doesn't look right. Try 'airport code for CITY' or 'airport name for CODE' instead.
21:04 jcamins airport name for mco
21:04 wahanui jcamins: KMCO is Orlando International Airport, Orlando, Florida USA
21:04 wizzyrea :)
21:04 jcamins Huh. What a peculiar piece of functionality.
21:04 magnuse lol!
21:04 magnuse airport name for boo
21:04 wahanui magnuse: I can't find an airport for KBOO.
21:04 magnuse huh?
21:05 talljoy ha
21:05 talljoy airport name for dfw
21:05 wahanui talljoy: KDFW is Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas USA
21:05 talljoy Yeehaw
21:05 talljoy jcamins that is an obscure bit of functionality
21:06 magnuse wassup with the extra k?
21:06 jcamins magnuse: country code?
21:06 talljoy nope
21:06 magnuse k as in ameriKa?
21:07 talljoy all flights entering the US have airport codes with a 'K' in front of  the original three-letter code (Key West then gets to be called KEYW).
21:07 talljoy Read more:[…]-10#ixzz3GuUrUHjr
21:07 eythian <-- the US must celebrate it on the metric day
21:07 talljoy so the bot is 'merica centric
21:08 magnuse ew... ;-)
21:08 eythian airport name for NZWN
21:08 wahanui eythian: NZWN is Wellington International Airport, Wellington, Wellington New Zealand
21:09 eythian You just need the ICAO code
21:09 eythian (as opposed to IATA
21:09 eythian )
21:09 eythian airport name for ENBO
21:09 wahanui eythian: ENBO is Bodø Lufthavn, Bodø, Nordland Norge (Norway)
21:10 talljoy perfect!
21:10 wahanui i think perfect is the enemy of good
21:10 magnuse ah...
21:10 talljoy eythian++
21:10 talljoy perfect-o
21:10 talljoy take that wahanui
21:10 akafred These codes are for pilots, not passengers...
21:11 eythian (though, everywhere I've been tends to use the IATA code for passengers)
21:11 eythian yeah, that
21:11 wahanui well, yeah, that is cool - a way to enhance the OPAC without bloating Koha...
21:11 magnuse yeah, let's enhance the opac with airport codes!
21:11 magnuse we could have "airport code of the day", perhaps?
21:12 eythian heh
21:12 magnuse guess the "quote of the day" feature could be used for that
21:12 cait joined #koha
21:12 magnuse rangi++
21:12 cait hi #koha
21:12 cait oh, what did he do? :)
21:13 magnuse cait++ in advance for qa'ing bug 11401
21:13 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11401 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Signed Off , Add support for Norwegian national library card
21:13 eythian I'm not really a fan of the current set of quotes, so replacing with airport codes would be fine :)
21:13 akafred IATA airport codes are fun. They get reused ... Airline codes (the two letter ones) are even more fun ... they are not unique.
21:13 rangi we should use the ones the students in argentina did
21:13 cait airline for what?
21:13 magnuse is there a current set of quotes?
21:13 magnuse cait: better check the logs
21:13 cait probably
21:13 cait :)
21:13 eythian magnuse: there is, they're all from American presidents or something.
21:13 rangi[…]l-bibliotecology/
21:14 eythian magnuse: hey, did you get a chance to check out those packages are all fine?
21:14 magnuse we could build out the quote of the day feature so it displays daily ICAO codes to pilots and IATA to everyone else?
21:14 jcamins magnuse: I think they're the top N most famous quotes from presidential speeches.
21:14 * magnuse missed that
21:15 magnuse probably in the en sample data or something?
21:15 eythian well, it's an optional thing you can load at install time
21:15 eythian regional author quotes is a brilliant idea
21:15 magnuse eythian: not conciously... things worked when i installed those packages, but i did not conciously think about them working at them time
21:16 eythian magnuse: well, I'll count that as working :)
21:16 magnuse i'll give them another spin in the kohadevbox just to be sure
21:16 eythian cool ta
21:16 magnuse at least i didn't see them not working :-)
21:17 magnuse there, added it to my todo-list
21:17 eythian cheers
21:18 eythian if you're running Debian unstable, it'll be in the repo now too.
21:18 eythian testing in about a week (there's a 10-day migration period)
21:19 eythian Hmm, I should do a packaging binge today, only a few days for the jessie freeze deadline.
21:19 rangi ah ha!
21:19 rangi
21:20 magnuse eythian++
21:22 rangi bgkriegel:  <-- are any of these good ?
21:22 cait are you going to subscribe to yerba delivery?
21:22 rangi i remember rosamonte
21:23 rangi wtf
21:23 rangi[…]/category&path=47
21:23 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:23 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 6.3°C (11:20 PM CEST on October 22, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Rising).
21:23 cait rangi: you don't like karamalz?
21:24 rangi just wondering why there is a germany section :)
21:24 * magnuse is happy to have found REESE'S Peanut Butter Cups at a local shop and REESE'S NUTRAGEOUS Candy Bar at a local gas station
21:24 cait magnuse: ben and jerry's peanut butter cup ice cream... is all i am going ot say
21:25 magnuse the same local store sells ben and jerry's - i'll have to investigate
21:25 magnuse rangi: because germany is a country in south america?
21:25 rangi apparently so :)
21:26 eythian they're both places far away, so it seems reasonable
21:27 magnuse tee hee
21:28 cait heh
21:28 cait cute,the website uses the article icon we use
21:31 * magnuse desperately needs some sleep - have fun, #koha!
21:32 eythian bye
21:33 cait bye magnuse
21:33 jcamins I should've been boarding the plane fifteen minutes ago. Grr.
21:34 jcamins (45 minute delay... already)
21:34 jcamins Boarding will be at 6:10... unless it's not (yes, that was their official announcement: "we will be boarding at 6:10, unless we board at a different time")
21:36 cait where are you going?
21:36 eythian can't accuse them of lying.
21:36 eythian unless they cancel it, I guess.
21:42 rangi oh i put totals at the bottom of the signoffs and passed qa etc on the dashboard now
21:43 jcamins On the plus side, they said they're not going to take away my carry-on.
21:43 jcamins cait: home.
21:43 cait oh
21:43 cait and where have you been? :)
21:43 jcamins Orlando.
21:43 jcamins No DisneyWorld, though.
21:44 cait rangi:  cool!
21:44 cait jcamins: you are not making this easy for me hm? :)
21:45 * cait pretends to no longer be curious :)
21:45 jcamins cait: I'm at the conference in Orlando.
21:46 jcamins Well, now I'm in the airport.
21:46 jcamins But that's where I was.
21:46 jcamins The one that I thought was last week, but wasn't.
21:47 rambutan Well, Orlando is not so far away that you couldn't walk home if you had to, right? Good pair of walking shoes and some Burger King?
21:47 jcamins lol
21:48 jcamins Let's see what Google Maps says.
21:50 jcamins 360 hours.
21:50 jcamins No problem.
21:51 jcamins 15 days.
21:51 jcamins Of continuous walking.
21:51 eythian easy
21:51 rambutan ltr all
21:51 rambutan left #koha
21:54 eythian oh hey, I just regenerated the dependencies, and a whole pile have gone. That's good!
22:00 * wizzyrea rejects the idea that burger king counts as food.
22:10 jcamins And it's apparently *pouring* in New York.
22:10 jcamins Wish I had a raincoat or an umbrella.
22:11 talljoy joined #koha
22:12 jcamins Bah, humbug.
22:13 jcamins I hope we don't sit in the plane for hours now that we're boarding.
22:14 eythian OK, third time lucky I'll get master building I hope.
22:24 BobB joined #koha
22:28 eythian and, new master packages uploaded.
23:01 kmlussier joined #koha
23:18 chrisvella94 joined #koha
23:27 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary