IRC log for #koha, 2014-10-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 chrisvel1a94 joined #koha
00:30 kmlussier joined #koha
00:35 mtompset Have a great day, #koha.
01:07 rocio left #koha
01:35 eythian So I need to design an API for Koha to allow borrower management.
01:35 eythian I'm thinking of extending ILS-DI, unless there are better ideas.
01:37 eythian Hmm, I might use the /svc API as it already understand authentication.
03:02 carmenh joined #koha
03:02 carmenh left #koha
03:10 tgoatley joined #koha
03:22 chrisvella94 joined #koha
04:35 tgoatley joined #koha
04:44 rangi i think extending the svc/ bit is probably be the best
04:50 eythian yeah, that's what I settled on, ils-di being more for opac operations
04:56 cait joined #koha
05:26 sophie_m joined #koha
06:38 tgoatley joined #koha
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:42 cait joined #koha
06:53 RowdyChild|Away joined #koha
06:56 alex_a joined #koha
06:57 alex_a bonjour
06:57 wahanui salut, alex_a
06:58 lds joined #koha
06:59 Oak joined #koha
07:00 * Oak waves
07:00 Oak Ahoy cait
07:00 Oak magnuse
07:03 papa joined #koha
07:14 cait ahoy magnuse :)
07:14 cait hi Oak
07:26 Oak how are ya cait :)
07:26 Oak I saw the uploaded pictures and looked like you guy had a great time at KohaCon.
07:28 Oak guys, is this a bug?[…]tober/041131.html
07:34 ashimema joined #koha
07:35 cait Oak: sorry, not at my desk much right now :)
07:35 cait it was awesome in Argentina :)
07:35 Oak coool :)
07:36 Oak np cait, later.
07:37 laurence joined #koha
07:37 cait Oak: not a bug that you can't set waiting manuall
07:37 cait y
07:37 cait you can check in the book again and then it should print a slip again
07:37 cait with the new patron and go back into waiting
07:39 Oak cait: what if I pressed ignore on that check-in screen?
07:39 Oak now, how will an email be generated to the next in queue patron that the book is waiting for pickup?
07:40 Oak oh i get it.
07:40 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:40 Oak you mean to check-in an already checked-in book....
07:40 gaetan_B hello
07:40 wahanui hola, gaetan_B
07:41 Oak cait: hmm. got it.
07:41 Oak hello gaetan_B
09:05 paul_p joined #koha
09:22 cait Oak:  you can check it in again i think
09:22 cait ah sorry, running around lots today
09:28 Oak cait: np. got it.
09:28 Oak :)
09:28 Oak things must have piled up at work after you guys return from KohaCon
10:55 irma joined #koha
11:04 magnuse cait, Oak: today is my stay-at-home-with-kiddo-day, so i'm not really here :-)
11:25 Oak okay magnuse :) nice!
11:26 Oak later guys.
11:34 tcohen joined #koha
11:34 cait :) tcohen!
11:51 oleonard joined #koha
11:54 oleonard Hi #koha
11:58 meliss joined #koha
12:00 ashimema Hi #koha
12:12 collum joined #koha
12:14 talljoy joined #koha
12:18 francharb joined #koha
12:19 francharb good morning #koha
12:22 talljoy good morning #koha
12:22 tcohen joined #koha
12:23 talljoy good morning tcohen
12:23 oleonard Why is "sudo service koha-zebra-daemon start" giving me the error "Invalid --user argument: 'koha.koha' (unknown user koha)"
12:23 tcohen morning talljoy
12:27 tcohen @later tell rangi i'm seeing this error on jenkins http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]er_D7/193/console
12:27 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
12:32 Topic for #koha is now Please read the new code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/. The next Koha General IRC meeting is 19 November at 5UTC and 21UTC. Welcome to the IRC home of Koha Please use for pastes.
12:33 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:34 tcohen
12:42 kmlussier joined #koha
12:44 tcohen bug 11944
12:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11944 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , Cleanup Koha UTF-8
12:44 tcohen t/Charset.t is failing with that
12:44 cait hm interesting
12:44 wahanui interesting is probably sometimes good and sometimes bad
12:45 cait maybe we are testing weird behaviour? which tests fail?
12:45 cait ashimema++
12:45 cait bug 13019 need ssignoff...
12:45 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13019 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add base classes on which to build Koha objects
12:46 paul_p joined #koha
12:47 tcohen "verify octets are not valid UTF-8"
12:48 tcohen ah
12:48 tcohen it is using the utf8* tools
12:50 tcohen ah, no
12:51 oleonard Anyone know why is "sudo service koha-zebra-daemon start" giving me the error "Invalid --user argument: 'koha.koha' (unknown user koha)" ?
12:54 tcohen grep koha /etc/passwd
12:54 tcohen grep -q koha /etc/passwd || echo "User koha not defined"
12:56 oleonard I see, thanks tcohen
12:56 tcohen if you are on a dev setup
12:56 tcohen maybe you should change the init script to match the current user
12:56 tcohen (yours)
12:57 tcohen cait: can u confirm the biblibre/ft/bug_11944 branch is failing Charset.t?
12:57 ashimema nice desktop tcohen
12:57 tcohen :-D
12:59 ashimema cait.. was just about to copy my thoughts about bug 13019 added to bug 12892 to the other bug..
13:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13019 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Add base classes on which to build Koha objects
13:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12892 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Holds Waiting: not showing from check out screen
13:00 ashimema hopefully it might get some movement on them again ;)
13:03 cait tcohen: not right now sorry, working on something
13:03 cait i can try when i get home?
13:03 edveal joined #koha
13:04 oleonard tcohen shall not be refused! FEAR HIS WRATH!
13:04 tcohen hmpf
13:04 tcohen no alfajores for cait
13:06 ashimema tcohen, have you cast your eye's over the koha::objects stuff much.. ?
13:06 * cait got her own still :P
13:07 ashimema wondered if you could give any comments on the bug ;)
13:07 tcohen we've worked with that during the hackfest
13:07 tcohen with Joubu and rangi
13:07 ashimema what were your feeling/thoughts
13:08 ashimema none of them went onto bugzilla ;)
13:08 tcohen i don't like the code, but it seems pretty handy
13:08 tcohen the result was compact and readable code
13:09 ashimema have you seen pianohackers work on Koha::Services?
13:10 tcohen ashimema: no
13:10 ashimema[…]c84667fe633868fda
13:10 tcohen cait: IsStringUTF8ish is used for several marc conversions, so a sensitive one
13:11 ashimema They relate fairly nicely to the Objects..
13:11 ashimema and make me start asking questions of the objects again..
13:11 * ashimema should probably go get back to normal work again
13:12 cait I don't care by now how we do it
13:12 cait but we need to move in one direction
13:13 tcohen ashimema: impressive
13:13 ashimema my gut is telling me that with the current koha:objects stuff we're basically going to end up building dbix::class again.. on top of dbix::class
13:13 ashimema which seems a bit maddening..
13:14 * ashimema would like to point out that he's spent the last three weeks or so buildig a module on top of both koha::objects and koha::services
13:14 ashimema to see how they fit together.
13:14 tcohen ashimema: what i saw was some syntactic sugar for building more readable code, but havent gone through it
13:14 jcamins ashimema: my gut said that too.
13:14 tcohen the RM shouldn't host a conference at the same time
13:15 ashimema haha.. poor tcohen..
13:15 ashimema sending cookies
13:15 tcohen you get too worried about organizational stuff, and cannot focus on Koha
13:16 tcohen well, it is Koha, but away from the technicall stuff
13:16 ashimema
13:16 ashimema there's my crazily hasty work to date on implimenting a new module using both koha::objects and koha::services.
13:16 ashimema if anyone's interested..
13:17 tcohen anyone working on the UTF8 patches, please take a look at IsStringUTF8ish mis-behaving on the branch
13:17 cma joined #koha
13:17 ashimema it's in many messy commits thus far..  and need tidying still.. but as a proof of concept on working with those two it's not too bad.
13:21 tcohen what will you call the endpoint?
13:21 tcohen /api/v1/ ?
13:21 tcohen please?
13:21 ashimema haha.. could do ;)
13:22 tcohen please :-D
13:22 ashimema at the moment I've just added an /svc/ill
13:22 ashimema but i was planning to do exactly as you suggest.. /api/*version*/ill
13:23 ashimema along those lines at least..
13:23 ashimema I'de like a really clear distinction between 'the new way' and 'the old way'/'the old ways'
13:23 cait :)
13:23 tcohen do u need the 'iññ' namespace at all?
13:23 cait tcohen: maybe leave a comment on the bug if you haven't yet - might wake up dpavlin
13:23 tcohen sorry ill
13:23 jcamins iññ?
13:24 * ashimema is really opinionated about api's now
13:24 tcohen jcamins: it's a wrongly written 'ill' word
13:24 ashimema ill is not so much a namespace as a route
13:24 jcamins Ah.
13:25 ashimema though perhaps it could just be /api/version/router (with all routes defined in that file).. but I like to have seperation on concerns more than that..
13:25 ashimema so.. you'de query the api via /api/*version*/ill[thing you want to do]
13:26 tcohen but if you are implementing /checkout for ill, maybe is not ill specific
13:26 tcohen that's what I meant
13:26 ashimema 'get ~/ill/:id' for example returning the entire ILL object with specified id
13:26 tcohen @later tell gmcharlt is it possible that the idea of IsStringUTF8ish is to be loose regarding UTF-8 validity?
13:26 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
13:27 ashimema the ill object is meant to only handle the 'requests' workflow..
13:27 cait i like having it by module i think - it will be good as it grows
13:27 tcohen ok
13:27 ashimema I'de expect the 'checkout' action to get passed on to a ~/circ/ api route
13:27 cait being more obvious what we are doing there
13:27 ashimema does that make sense?
13:27 * cait thinks it does
13:28 jcamins tcohen: _I_ want an iññ namespace.
13:29 ashimema my Koha::Service::ILL module is a bit of a hackup at the minute though.. very much a work in progress..
13:29 ashimema There's stuff in there that should really be factored out into the other modules/namespaces..
13:30 tcohen cait: will you ask Holger for some notes about his feature?
13:30 ashimema and i've also kinda decided I don't like the 'Request' object being under a Borrower object.. it made sense at first.. but makes less sense now we've worked on it somemore ;)
13:31 ashimema When do you need those shib ntoes for tcohen.. trying to schedule stuff around leave next week ;)
13:31 tcohen asap
13:31 cait tcohen: there is a wiki page :)
13:31 ashimema k.. will do it before I go away then
13:31 ashimema thanks
13:32 cait tcohen:[…]matic_renewal_RFC
13:40 cait hmmm what would you tell a library that asks how to import checkouts, subscriptions etc. into koha?
13:40 cait do we have scripts somewhere? i thought there were some migration tools somewhere, but too blind to spot them right now
13:40 cait question on the german mailing list
13:42 ashimema from a random system.. they'll probably need to write their own scripts.. that's kinda the support providers bread and butter ;)
13:42 ashimema there isn't just a standard form to stick it in koha via a pre-written script out there..
13:43 ashimema best stating point might be eythian's repo..
13:43 ashimema he's got a repo of such scripts.. but it's only a starting place ;)
13:46 cait hmmm
13:46 cait i think i am going to tell them that they are normally written to the database with custom written scripts
13:46 cait and point to the database structure?
13:49 tcohen cait: that's a good answer
13:51 ashimema good answer cait
13:52 paul_p joined #koha
13:54 * cait rewards herself with alfajores
13:55 cait or more one... what's the singular?
13:55 tcohen alfajor
13:56 cait aah
13:56 cait my next spanish calss is tomorrow... i am worried :) didn't learn my vocabulary!
13:57 cait hm vocabulary words?
13:57 * oleonard googled alfajores and is hungry now
13:58 oleonard[…]memade-alfajores/
14:01 cait mmh
14:05 ashimema I've written a quick splurge on Shib tcohen..
14:05 ashimema on trello..
14:05 ashimema might be a bit sprawling.. shout if you would like me to cut it down.
14:06 ashimema man those look tasty
14:09 * cait thinks htat jcamins should make some alfajores and share with oleonard :)
14:14 * jcamins thinks that any alfajores he makes would need chocolate to offset the stress of the fact that he's having his bathroom renovated in four weeks.
14:14 jcamins A lot of chocolate.
14:14 jcamins In fact, I think the alfajores might be too much work.
14:15 jcamins Just send me all the chocolate.
14:15 cait lol
14:18 * oleonard makes a big batch of chocolate-filled alfajores, then scrapes out all the chocolate to send to jcamins
14:18 cait hm
14:27 laurence left #koha
14:34 rocio joined #koha
15:16 tgoat joined #koha
15:17 lds_ joined #koha
15:24 cait left #koha
15:29 reiveune left #koha
15:29 oleonard khall around?
15:29 khall waht's up?
15:30 oleonard I'm confused about Bug 12632
15:30 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12632 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Hold limits ignored for record level holds with item level itemtypes
15:30 oleonard It makes sense that a hold limit by itemtype doesn't work if the two records lack a biblio-level itemtype?
15:31 khall yes, if you haven't set a biblio-level itemtype you'll get the same pre-patch behavior
15:33 oleonard And the pre-patch behavior is that hold limitations by itemtype don't work for item-level holds?
15:33 oleonard Sorry, don't work for item-level itemtypes?
15:37 khall that is correct
15:38 oleonard So the fix is intended to enable hold limitation by itemtype for records which have both biblio-level itemtype and item-level itemtype?
15:38 oleonard ...but only if they are identical?
15:38 khall not, they don't don't to be identical
15:39 khall If the hold is an item-level hold, it will use the limitations based on the item's itemtype
15:39 khall if the holds is record-level, it will use the limitations based on the record's itemtype
15:39 khall but it makes the most sense to have them match
15:40 oleonard Pity the library which has circulating and non-circulating items attached to the same record.
15:42 oleonard having item-level itemtypes should make biblio-level itemtypes irrelevant
15:43 khall that would be nice, but record level holds are getting in the way ; )
15:44 khall oleonard: this new system still won't let the system trap and non-circulating item for a hold
15:44 khall s/and/a
15:50 Robin joined #koha
15:54 cbrannon joined #koha
16:00 oleonard I'm thinking of testing Bug 5010 but I'm not sure I have enough provisions to make it through the test plan
16:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5010 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Needs Signoff , Fix OPACBaseURL to include protocol
16:01 hbraum joined #koha
16:01 oleonard Hi hbraum
16:02 hbraum hi oleonard :) i know i need to be in here more often!
16:03 gaetan_B byez
16:07 cbrannon Hi hbraum!
16:07 hbraum hi cbrannon! I’m actually in IRC…for a few minutes…shocking, I know :)
16:07 cbrannon You rebel.
16:07 hbraum heading out in 30 minutes to train a new staff member at one of our libraries.
16:07 hbraum i plead the fifht.
16:08 hbraum fifth.
16:09 cbrannon hbraum, I did something bad.
16:10 hbraum uh oh…what did you do?
16:11 cbrannon I haven't been able to touch my Koha VM since the meeting.  I can't remember my credentials!  So, I am trying to build a new one.  And I can't for the life of me remember which set of instructions we worked with at the meeting.  Do you?
16:13 hbraum Let me get a couple of things done and then see if I still have my notes somewhere. And I haven’t touched mine either.
16:13 ashimema brannon.. surely you can boot into single user mode and change the root passwords ;)
16:14 ashimema for the existing vm that is..
16:14 cbrannon Thanks.  I'll keep scouring.  I just remember what we used at the meeting seemed to work the best.
16:14 ashimema sorry.. randomly butting in ;)
16:15 cbrannon ashimema, if I was a seasoned pro at debian, perhaps.  I'm still getting adjusted to the environment.
16:16 ashimema[…]set_root_password
16:16 ashimema[…]ebian-ubuntu.html
16:17 ashimema tere's a few guides to it.. us admins are notorious for forgetting such important information aye ;)
16:17 ashimema anywho.. feel free to do whichever.. though this may say you the time of starting form scratch ;)
16:17 ashimema have fun
16:19 cbrannon Thanks.  I've bookmarked these resources.  However, I still need to build from the ground up.  I want to make sure I understand it all, and I need a box on my desktop.  Last one was on my personal laptop.
16:20 cait joined #koha
16:20 ashimema coolios.. well shout if you ever need any deb help.. there's plenty of us here that'l happily advise ;)
16:20 ashimema have fun :)
16:26 hbraum cbrannon looking now…
16:29 lds joined #koha
16:32 hbraum cbrannon this is all i can find at this time; not sure how complete the notes are. I know we did more, though that day…[…]/edit?usp=sharing
16:32 hbraum i’ve got a couple of things about webim and iceweasel? browser? but those notes aren’t making much sense at this point.
16:33 hbraum i have to make handout copies and head out the door — library is 45 minutes away. Good luck!
16:33 hbraum bye
16:49 mtompset joined #koha
16:49 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
16:49 mtompset I have a question about the last meeting.
16:49 mtompset Specifically 2015.
16:49 mtompset Kohacon.
16:49 wahanui rumour has it kohacon is
16:50 mtompset When is the last day to get a proposal in?
16:52 oleonard Friday 15 August 2014 was the deadline.
16:52 mtompset Ah.
16:53 mtompset Thanks for the information. It is so hard to rally my Filipino friends and colleagues.
16:55 mtompset Crispin put up Zambia.
16:56 mtompset Chrispin Simasiku Sitali  put up Zambia without other information.
17:00 oleonard The only information we got from Zambia was the email to the list. I wasn't even they who updated the wiki page.
17:00 oleonard So it hasn't been considered to be a genuine proposal.
17:01 oleonard I think someone may have emailed for more information, but I could be wrong.
17:05 cait oleonard-away:  is right, i think brooke put it up on the wiki, but we neverheard more
17:06 cbrannon joined #koha
17:08 mtompset If I pushed for a Filipino proposal up in the next 2-3 weeks, is that time enough for it to be considered for Kohacon 2015?
17:09 cait kohacon15 votes haven't opened yet i think
17:09 cait um
17:09 cait sorry
17:09 cait 2015 is nigeria
17:10 cait unless they say they don't want to do it
17:10 cait and it's a ibt early for 2016 maybe
17:10 mtompset When does the proposal have to be in by?
17:10 mtompset Need a deadline.
17:10 mtompset To force people to follow up.
17:22 cait there is no deadline set yet for 2016
17:22 cait that's more than a year away
17:35 oleonard if we followed the same schedule then the deadline for 2016 would be around August 2015
17:43 jmsasse joined #koha
17:44 wnickc joined #koha
18:00 oleonard The list of non-enhancement bugs needing signoff is really not that big: I count 43
18:02 rangi yeah kohacon15 is decided already
18:02 rangi unless they say they no longer want it
18:03 rangi they have put up 3 really good proposals 3 years in a row
18:05 oleonard Hi rangi
18:05 rangi heya oleonard
18:05 wahanui oleonard is not really here.  He said so.  He did!
18:06 rangi oleonard: i put the number on the dashboard to make it so you dont have to count :)
18:06 tcohen joined #koha
18:06 rangi Needs Signoff - 186 43 bugs
18:06 rangi i also added totals to the signoffs, and qa columns now so we can see monthly and yearly totals :)
18:07 tcohen rangi: where?
18:07 tcohen (hi :-D)
18:08 rangi tcohen: on the dashboard
18:08 rangi Total - 100
18:08 rangi exactly 100 signoffs in october .. at the moment
18:08 tcohen oh, I see
18:08 tcohen awesome
18:18 cait :)
18:18 cait rangi++
18:22 sophie_m left #koha
18:50 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:59 oleonard Bye #koha
19:01 cait oleonard++ :)
19:13 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 11586 follow-up, FA framework update <[…]dfc373688aeed04ed> / Bug 11586 follow-up <[…]f3001faf7952d3d58> / Bug 11586: Better default framework for UNIMARC - zebra conf <[…]fc3191aabb74cc28d
19:41 tgoat joined #koha
19:48 alvet_ joined #koha
19:49 Rich_T joined #koha
19:50 Rich_T anyone running Koha via hosting company such as Go Daddy?
19:55 mtj Rich_T, some folks use linode and digital-ocean hosting for Koha
19:56 mtj not sure about go-daddy tho
19:57 druthb I don't think it'd work well in a shared-hosting environment; no real easy way to run services and such, like Zebra.   But in a VPS system, sure.
19:58 mtj ah yeah, i thought go-daddy might offer a VPS service,  rather than shared-hosting
19:59 druthb they might.  Linode works Very Well, and at very reasonable prices.
20:00 mtj indeed
20:06 * mtj waves to druthb_away
20:06 mtj ...long time no chat - hope things are well for you :0)
20:46 rangi also godaddy ... ewwww
20:47 rangi they should spend less time shooting elephants and hiring booth babes and more time making a service which doesnt suck
21:01 rangi hmm i need tcohen or bgkriegel here to take the first few hits of the mate for me, so i get the more mellow ones
21:02 cait heh
21:10 cait hm
21:10 cait looking for a usable project management software
21:10 cait found nothing so far
21:10 cait well plan - but that's awful
21:11 * wizzyrea doesn't have any particularly good recommendations there.
21:13 rangi taiga?
21:14 rangi
21:14 rangi
21:32 cait rangi: thx, looking
21:32 eythian I've had a bit of a play with it, it seems pretty functional and simple.
21:32 eythian also, hi
21:32 cait hi eythian :)
21:42 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
21:42 bgkriegel_ Hola!
21:42 rangi hi bgkriegel_ :)
21:42 bgkriegel_ hi rangi :)
21:43 rangi is pipore an ok brand for mate?
21:43 rangi it seems to taste ok to me .. but im a novice :)
21:43 bgkriegel_ yeah, it's ok
21:44 bgkriegel_ it's piporé, strees on last e, a guarani word
21:44 bgkriegel_ @wunder cordoba, argentina
21:44 huginn bgkriegel_: The current temperature in Bo Alto de San Martin, Cordoba City, Argentina is 33.6°C (6:40 PM ART on October 23, 2014). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 31%. Dew Point: 14.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
21:44 rangi ahh right
21:44 bgkriegel_ hot
21:44 rangi @wunder nzwn
21:44 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 9.0°C (10:30 AM NZDT on October 24, 2014). Conditions: Light Rain Showers. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
21:44 rangi not hot
21:44 wizzyrea downright chillly.
21:45 bgkriegel_ hehe
21:45 bgkriegel_ and will be hotter, if forecast is right :(
21:46 rangi  <-- ill try the Rosamonte next time
21:46 cait @wunder Konstanz
21:46 huginn cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 7.3°C (11:45 PM CEST on October 23, 2014). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 90%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
21:47 cait rangi: i win :(
21:48 wizzyrea it's suave
21:48 rangi hehe i got the traditional one, not suave
21:49 wizzyrea haha
21:52 cbrannon Trying to install koha on VMWare.  Got it installed, but not sure how to get to the staff interface.  If I type "localhost" I see the maintenance page, but can't figure out how to get to the staff side.
21:52 cbrannon Anyone have any ideas?
21:53 bgkriegel_ cbrannon: http://localhost:8080/?
21:54 eythian cbrannon: how did you install it?
21:57 cbrannon eythian: pretty much the way described here:[…]tep:_Install_Koha
21:58 cbrannon Except I can't do the first part with the ip addresses.  These instructions are on a ubuntu desktop.  Can't find any instructions installing in VM on a windows desktop.
21:58 cbrannon with Debian Squeeze
21:58 eythian It's more or less the same.
21:59 cbrannon localhost:8080 just says unable to connect
21:59 eythian yeah, the packages use virtual hosts by default, so you need to modify your /etc/hosts like in the instructions.
22:00 eythian I think it's something like /windows/system32/etc/hosts or similar on windows.
22:00 eythian (also, I wouldn't have gone with squeeze, wheezy has been out for a year or so now.)
22:01 cbrannon I've no idea how to point my host desktop to my vm.
22:01 wizzyrea I recall it was a bit tricky the last time I did it which was ages ago.
22:02 eythian cbrannon: you're going to have to make sure that your desktop can access the IP allocated to the virtual machine.
22:02 eythian I don't know vmware, so can't help there.
22:14 bgkriegel joined #koha
22:24 tcohen joined #koha
22:24 tcohen hi there
22:24 eythian hi tcohen
22:24 rangi hi tcohen
22:25 bgkriegel_ question: fieldmapping table is empty by default?
22:25 bgkriegel_ hi tcohen
22:25 tcohen hi bgkriegel_
22:25 rangi what is that table even for?
22:25 rangi[…]topic.php?id=6509  <-- we need our own song too
22:25 bgkriegel_ checking bug 13083
22:25 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13083 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Hard-coded " by " in
22:25 eythian it's that keyword buisiness
22:26 rangi ahh
22:26 rangi hmm
22:26 eythian | id | field                     | frameworkcode | fieldcode | subfieldcode |
22:26 eythian +----+---------------------------+-----​----------+-----------+--------------+
22:26 eythian |  2 | subtitle                  |               | 245       | b            |
22:26 bgkriegel_ it use GetRecordValue, which do a selct from fieldmapping
22:26 rangi ah right, i remember now
22:26 rangi yeah
22:26 rangi yeah im pretty sure its empty by default
22:26 eythian that subtitle one I think is an optional thing that can be installed
22:26 bgkriegel_ but mine is empty, so i don't get expected results
22:27 bgkriegel_ eythian: no :) only russian and ukranian installs have something
22:28 cait hm we have no sample values for it, i think ti should not have negative effects if it is empty
22:28 cait it's an optional feature
22:28 eythian hmm, maybe that's changed then, this db I'm looking at has the subtitle thing, and I've definitely seen that elswhere.
22:28 bgkriegel_ is there a way to put some values on it from staff, or only using sql?
22:29 eythian I think it's the keyword thing
22:29 eythian hmm
22:29 eythian maybe not
22:29 rangi yeah from staff the keyword thingy in admin .. or tools?
22:29 eythian I don't know
22:29 eythian admin
22:29 eythian the db I'm looking at has two entries
22:29 eythian but only one shows in the staff client
22:29 tcohen Keywords to MARC mapping on Admin
22:29 eythian oh, the other is specific to a framework
22:30 rangi /cgi-bin/koha/admin/ that one
22:30 bgkriegel_ ok :)
22:30 tcohen exactly
22:31 tcohen the whole tags thing should be refactored into zebra/es
22:31 cait tcohen: should be any tests failing atm?
22:31 tcohen cait: no
22:31 cait hm
22:31 tcohen there's a situation with Serials.t
22:31 tcohen that fails "sometimes"
22:31 tcohen still cannot figure
22:31 cait my t/db_d/Holds.t are exploding
22:32 cait and i already truncated reserves and old_reserves :(
22:32 tcohen cait: not failing here, or on jenkins
22:32 tcohen output?
22:33 cait
22:35 eythian if no protocol is specified, gopher:// is assumed.
22:35 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted "mine" (48 lines) at
22:35 tcohen eythian++
22:35 cait gr
22:37 bgkriegel_ Q: Bug 13120, w3c validator complains but not for oleonard id's, but for some '&' not expressed as '&amp;' in urls, seems some code on facets
22:37 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=13120 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Invalid HTML generated by MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl
22:40 rocio1 joined #koha
22:43 papa joined #koha
22:46 tcohen cait: can i help u debugging it?
22:47 cait :) too late today, but thx foroffering
22:48 cait night all
22:48 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
22:48 cait left #koha
22:48 tcohen night cait
22:56 rocio1 joined #koha
23:03 tcohen eythian: what should we do about 12689
23:08 eythian bug 12689
23:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=12689 blocker, P3, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Search.t fails to run on Squeeze
23:08 eythian tcohen: it's fixed
23:08 eythian fixed it a while back
23:09 tcohen how is that?
23:09 eythian I just didn't close the bug
23:09 tcohen :-D
23:09 tcohen ok
23:09 eythian I added an updated module to the repo
23:09 tcohen oh
23:09 eythian I would like to start deprecating squeeze some time soonish, really.
23:10 eythian (though, we have a lot of stuff still on it, so this won't be really soon.)
23:11 * tcohen agrees
23:12 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
23:12 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
23:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U14 build #183: FIXED in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U14/183/
23:13 edveal joined #koha
23:15 tcohen eythian: thanks for closing it
23:15 eythian np
23:16 rocio joined #koha
23:23 jenkins_koha Yippee, build fixed!
23:23 wahanui o/ '`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
23:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Master_U12 build #200: FIXED in 54 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Master_U12/200/
23:24 tcohen rangi: grs1 deprecated, should we just remove it from the install options?
23:25 rangi hmmm for new installs? id be inclined to say yes, but id check with the people doing icu and stuff .. its all fine with that eh?
23:27 tcohen it is worth asking, of course
23:28 tcohen we have deprecated grs1, meaning we are not patching it unless on the stable branch 3.16, since june)
23:28 tcohen we are not deleting grs1 support, it should at least be announced with enough time
23:29 rangi yep
23:29 tcohen i will just make DOM the default everuwhere
23:29 rangi sounds good to me
23:30 tcohen adn add a message to the about page
23:30 tcohen if the user is still on GRS-1
23:38 tcohen is install_misc/environment_Makefile.PL used?
23:42 rangi i was using it
23:42 rangi when i had jenkins doing a full install
23:42 rangi but not sure if others are
23:43 tcohen ok, will patch it to use DOM too, just in case

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary