IRC log for #koha, 2013-10-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:12 dcook Downside of touchscreens...
00:13 dcook Trying to input passwords that you only remember through muscle memory is a real pain...
00:18 wizzyrea oy.
00:19 wizzyrea the NSA isn't on furlough.
00:19 wizzyrea NSA is still operational.
00:19 wizzyrea They are considered "essential"
00:19 dcook The military is also still being paid
00:36 tcohen joined #koha
01:07 banana joined #koha
01:08 dcook joined #koha
01:13 banana Aaron O. - online?
01:13 tcohen joined #koha
01:37 drnoe_away left #koha
01:46 dcook joined #koha
02:05 dcook joined #koha
02:05 dcook ...
02:05 * dcook pokes Xchat
02:05 dcook Be good.
02:08 tcohen joined #koha
02:17 banana left #koha
02:26 * eythian now wonders who Aaron O. is.
02:27 rangi hmm?
02:28 eythian <banana> Aaron O. - online?
02:28 rangi ahh :)
02:28 * wizzyrea wonders who banana is
02:29 jcamins rambutan
02:29 wizzyrea ah
02:32 rangi hmm tweetbot is broken again
02:33 eythian nah, it's a glitch in the matrix
02:41 tcohen how can I administer some eye drops to my cat Florencio?
02:42 jcamins tcohen: sedative?
02:42 jcamins Chain mail?
02:42 dcook Two person team?
02:42 dcook One person wrap him in a towel and hold him close to their body
02:42 dcook Person two hold eye dropper and eyelids
02:43 wizzyrea put the cat in a pillowcase
02:43 wizzyrea head out
02:43 wizzyrea or
02:43 wizzyrea use the binder clip trick
02:43 dcook Binder clip trick? That sounds horrible
02:43 jcamins Oh, yeah, the binder clip trick is a good one.
02:43 wizzyrea
02:45 tcohen i guess the two person team should work
02:45 dcook That is horrifying...yet intriguing...
02:45 wizzyrea lol.
02:46 tcohen florencio doesn't surrender to the clip trick
02:46 tcohen (not always)
02:46 wizzyrea mom cats carry their babies like that, kitties know to go limp when pinched in that way
02:46 wizzyrea florencio is a good name for a cat
02:47 dcook Admittedly, I haven't had to use eye droppers, but we usually wrap Starbuck in a towel to incapacitate his limbs, then that person holding the towel holds him close and the other person gives him meds
02:47 wizzyrea I think, if it worked well on your cat, the amount of time that the clip is on probably is less irritating for the cat than the procedure being administered.
02:47 dcook Hmm, good point, wizzyrea
02:47 dcook Starbuck is a little stress ball...
02:48 wizzyrea I had a cat with poor rear end hygiene, to wash her rear we had to put the front end in a pillowcase
02:48 wizzyrea so she couldn't see the water.
02:48 wizzyrea and that seemed to go fine.
02:48 wizzyrea since you need front end access though, that wouldn't work for you
02:49 tcohen i've just read that some people suggest to do it from behind, gently moving his head up
02:51 dcook Mmm
02:51 dcook We used something similar when giving pills
02:52 dcook Plus the towel for good measure :p
02:52 dcook Did the vet give you any tips?
02:53 tcohen they told us to use a towel
02:53 rangi someone tweet something else
02:53 rangi im bored of that highlighting all the time
02:58 wizzyrea lol.
03:02 wizzyrea there you go.
03:02 dcook !
03:02 dcook That's awesome!
03:02 dcook wizzyrea++
03:02 * dcook would be keen to hear more about that
03:03 wizzyrea bug 10944 >.> needs signoff even!
03:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10944 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Mixed content warnings in opac results and detail with Amazon images on https
03:03 wizzyrea and that doesn't fix it in the user pages, I'm getting ready to do that work now
03:04 dcook Hmm...
03:05 dcook How long ago did we start using "using_https"?
03:05 wizzyrea i think it is not in 3.8
03:05 wizzyrea 3.10 probably
03:05 dcook Tabarnac..
03:06 dcook I imagine that one might be sandboxable though..
03:06 wizzyrea if the sandboxen use https
03:06 dcook Right, that would make a difference
03:06 dcook Durr
03:07 dcook Ah, but you give good instructions
03:09 dcook On that note, I should grab lunch
03:36 wizzyrea ping mtj
03:37 wizzyrea question for anyone really
03:38 wizzyrea is there a preference on ssl images, that we use using_https or simply replace standard content with https content where we can
03:38 wizzyrea afaik there is no harm in calling an https image in a page that isn't secured
03:38 wizzyrea and you'll avoid the mixed content warnings (and get the lock) if you *are* using ssl...
03:39 wizzyrea the fixes are easier if we don't have to check for using_https - I don't mind either way
03:49 dcook That's probably an eythian question
03:49 wizzyrea well I asked him :)
03:49 wizzyrea I wanted to know if there were generally opinions about this
03:50 dcook As far as I know, there's no reason not to use the images via SSL
03:50 dcook I think the speed might be diminished a little bit but probably not by much
03:51 wizzyrea speed is the only thing I could think of
03:52 wizzyrea ff23 greatly increases the amount of checking firefox does on such things
03:52 wizzyrea re: http images/things in https pages.
03:52 wizzyrea (of course people who are up to date are running 24 now)
03:53 wizzyrea i am honestly surprised that we don't see more complaints
03:53 eythian I'm not sure how many people routinely deploy https
03:54 wizzyrea maybe a lot of people just set the exceptions and/or live with a broken web
03:54 wizzyrea IE trains people to do that.
03:55 dcook Or don't use https
03:55 dcook IE...*shudders*
03:55 dcook Hmm, gnome3 doesn't look right on the laptop...
03:58 dcook Nowhere near as fancy as my desktop at home..
03:59 wizzyrea video drivers?
03:59 * dcook thinks so
03:59 dcook It says it's the "fallback" experience
03:59 dcook Which is probably why it looks more like gnome2
04:00 dcook I had the same thing happen on the VM I have on this desktop at work
04:04 dcook Oh well. Maybe I'll play around when I'm bored at the airport.
04:04 dcook Hmm the Google snippet for says
04:05 dcook As the title
04:10 eythian how odd
04:11 rangi mtj: your bot is broked
04:12 dcook Only 24 minutes to fly from Vancouver to Victoria...
04:12 * dcook goes and actually has lunch this time
04:12 jcamins Didn't dcook say he was going to have lunch several hours ago, back when it was still a reasonable hour for me to go to bed?
04:13 eythian yeah
04:27 eythian @later tell mtj your twitterbot is bust
04:27 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
04:34 Oak joined #koha
04:34 * Oak waves
04:54 laurence joined #koha
04:59 * dcook hopes that jcamins is sleeping by now
05:00 dcook tweetbot_, I think you're a bit of a broken record, eh?
05:14 Oak joined #koha
05:16 cait joined #koha
06:12 * dcook wonders if someone should just kick that bot...
06:15 * magnuse waves
06:16 dcook hey ya magnuse :)
06:16 * dcook didn't realize it was already that time of day ;)
06:17 dcook I ended up downloading Virtualbox and installing Wheezy on the laptop
06:17 dcook Just need to download git bz, gitify, install Koha, and I'll be all ready :D
06:22 magnuse hiya dcook
06:22 magnuse hehe
06:23 dcook I love that moment when you want to follow someone on Twitter and then you realize that you've actually been following them for ages :p
06:24 magnuse hehe, sounds familiar
06:27 * magnuse needs a new main pc
06:28 dcook Needs or wants? :p
06:29 magnuse needs! definitely
06:29 * dcook wants a fancy new monitor for his home pc...although he rarely uses it...
06:29 dcook Maybe another laptop to increase the number of computers in the house
06:29 magnuse i'm wasting too much time waiting for this one to figure things out
06:30 dcook Time for a new computer! :D
06:30 dcook On a related note, are you going to Kohacon, magnuse?
06:30 dcook I noticed you're a sponsor but I couldn't remember if you were coming
06:30 magnuse no, i get to stay at home
06:30 magnuse but i have sposnsored a little, yes
06:31 magnuse so y'all gotta have fun on my behalf :-)
06:31 * dcook thinks Norway should host Kohacon15 *nod* *nod*
06:31 dcook I' something on your behalf
06:31 dcook I was going to say have a beer, but you don't like beer, right?
06:32 magnuse ooh, you know me well :-)
06:32 magnuse maybe not 15, but 18 perhaps?
06:32 dcook I might have papers scattered on my desk but my brain is a fortress!
06:33 * dcook wonders what version of Koha will exist in 2018
06:33 dcook 5 might have wings by then
06:33 * dcook wishes someone would've recorded people's predictions for the year 2000
06:33 magnuse hehe
06:35 magnuse it's weird how i'm always thinking "how could people ever use koha without this new feature?"
06:36 magnuse wow[…]rees-slope-point/
06:36 magnuse nz++
06:36 dcook hehe
06:36 dcook Yeah, sometimes I wish that all of our libraries were up on 3.12
06:39 reiveune joined #koha
06:39 reiveune hello
06:45 dcook salut reiveune
06:45 dcook magnuse: That's wild!
06:46 reiveune salut dcook kathryn magnuse :)
06:47 magnuse bonjour reiveune
06:47 rangi
06:47 rangi interesting
06:47 wahanui i guess interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
06:47 magnuse hm, for some reason my fingers expect xchat to do tab-complete on the word bonjour...
06:47 dcook rangi: Is that the search engine that is getting a lot of press?
06:48 * dcook seems to remember reading something this morning..
06:49 magnuse um interesting results for "koha"
06:50 rangi dcook:
06:51 rangi magnuse: it learns from what people with the plugin visits
06:51 dcook I was wondering how it was going to track dwell time
06:51 dcook rangi: What am I looking for on this page?
06:53 rangi if you did the postgres course
06:53 rangi you could follow it with
06:53 rangi
06:55 dcook Sounds cool, but I'll still be in Vancouver
06:55 dcook Thanks for the links and the thought though :)
06:56 dcook 11 Nov will be flight hangover rather than Kiwicon hangover ;)
06:56 rangi no worries, ill send you the link when we do the january/feb ones
06:56 dcook Awesome. That would be great :)
06:57 dcook The wife and I have been talking about taking a trip over to Wellington
06:57 dcook Well, maybe NZ in general, but I have a special interest in Wellington, of course
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 * magnuse recommends nz of all his heart
07:01 dcook It's so close!
07:01 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:01 magnuse not for me, sadly
07:01 gaetan_B hello
07:01 magnuse hiya gaetan_B
07:02 dcook bonjour alex_a et gaetan_B
07:02 dcook You're much closer to Europe though, magnuse :p
07:03 magnuse yeah, that is true. marseille, for example ;-)
07:04 magnuse @wunder boo
07:04 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 12.0°C (8:50 AM CEST on October 02, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 8.0°C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Steady).
07:04 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:04 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 18.0°C (8:30 AM CEST on October 02, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.83 in 1010 hPa (Steady).
07:05 dcook hehe, yep
07:05 dcook @wunder syd
07:05 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Bardwell Park, Sydney, New South Wales is 25.7°C (5:05 PM EST on October 02, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 25%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.74 in 1007 hPa (Steady).
07:05 lds joined #koha
07:05 dcook When does it usually snow in Bodo?
07:06 samueld joined #koha
07:07 magnuse it can be quite unpredictable
07:07 magnuse last winter the snow came kind of early, maybe in november?
07:07 magnuse but the last winters before that there was almost no snow before xmas
07:08 magnuse so january, february, march are the most snowy months, i guess
07:09 dcook Really?
07:09 wahanui Really is off now
07:09 dcook Intriguing...
07:09 dcook That doesn't sound too bad at all
07:09 * dcook thinks it's snowy in Canada 13 months of the year
07:10 magnuse hehe
07:10 dcook @wunder reno, nevada
07:10 huginn dcook: The current temperature in MidTown, Reno, Nevada is 12.4°C (12:00 AM PDT on October 02, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 40%. Dew Point: -1.0°C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Steady).
07:10 magnuse we can have 6 months of snow, though
07:10 dcook Mmm, maybe it is more similar than I think
07:11 magnuse since we are on the coast, it's normal for the temperature to vary wildly from -10C to +10C through the winter
07:14 magnuse everythin you ever wanted to know about the weather statistics for Bodø, but was afraid to ask:[…]8/statistics.html
07:16 dcook hehe
07:19 * dcook wishes that Canadians understood metric better
07:19 dcook All I know is that those temperatures look pretty nice
07:19 magnuse yeah, not too bad
07:19 magnuse thanks to the gulf stream
07:23 samueld hi everybody
07:28 magnuse hiya samueld
07:35 kf joined #koha
07:37 kf good morning #koha
07:49 magnuse kia ora kf
07:54 tweetbot_ was kicked by rangi: come back when you are fixed
07:54 kf hi magnuse :)
08:01 dcook Yay rangi!
08:06 kf hi dcook
08:09 dcook hey kf :)
08:09 dcook Hmm, apparently I have 84 people from grad school on my FB...
08:10 * dcook swears he didn't talk to that many different people during that time
08:10 kf so why did you befriend them?
08:12 magnuse it's fun?
08:13 dcook Seemed like the thing to do at the time?
08:13 dcook Everyone else was doing it? :p
08:13 kf aha
08:13 kf I think I don't have to say more ;)
08:21 rangi hmm i cant think of anything worse
08:21 rangi how about instead of becoming the marc experts, we use the fact LOC is down, to move on
08:22 rangi (re list email)
08:23 kf hmwhich one?
08:24 rangi the main list
08:24 wahanui i heard the main list was at
08:25 kf aah
08:25 kf well first you pretend to be the experts an dmean well, and then you kill it
08:25 rangi heh
08:25 kf i thought it worked like that?
08:27 dcook Yeah, there really isn't much to be gained by becoming marc experts
08:27 dcook Or rather...
08:27 dcook Nothing to be gained by becoming a marc authority
08:28 dcook Same thing, different silo
08:28 dcook As an aside, "promise them beer, and they will come".
08:29 rangi heh
08:29 * dcook tries to imagine a metadata schema that uses beer as an acronym
08:49 magnuse anyone attending the hackfest will be able to hear a bit about how to leave marc behind and emrace current technology
08:52 magnuse Bibliographic Encoding and Encryption for Re-use
08:55 dcook Nice, magnuse!
08:55 dcook I like it ;)
08:55 kf :)
09:14 paul_p joined #koha
09:24 rangi magnuse: so we gpg encrypt each record ? :)
09:24 mtj oops, sorry about the tweetbot going crazy before everyone
09:25 rangi magnuse: actually if we could come up with another e ... gpg signing would be pretty sweet
09:25 magnuse hehe
09:26 magnuse Exchange?
09:27 rangi hmm
09:28 rangi how about
09:29 rangi Borrowers Encoded and Encrypt Records
09:29 rangi Encrypted even
09:29 magnuse ooh, now we're talking
09:29 kf i'd like that
09:29 rangi where we store borrowers data encrypted with their gpg key so only they can see it
09:29 kf guess our data privacy person woudl too
09:29 kf hm ah right
09:30 kf not sure how that would work :)
09:33 rangi well it could just be as simple as we never send it to them without encrypting it first
09:33 rangi since drojf has already done that
09:33 rangi :)
09:34 kf right, sounds good... but ithink it still needs a sign off
09:34 rangi yep
09:35 rangi i was plannign to qa it, so would like someone else to sign off
09:35 rangi ive signed off too many that i now cant qa
09:35 magnuse rangi++
09:36 kf rangi: makes sense, i know the problem
09:36 kf i think i woud like to discuss an idea for module maintainers again
09:36 kf thinking about sip and ldap especially
09:37 kf but for 3.16
09:37 kf or 4
09:38 kf hm maybe unimarc
09:39 rangi yeah
09:40 rangi right sleep time
09:40 kf night rangi
09:40 liw sleep well, rangi
09:43 dcook night rangi
09:43 * dcook should head off as well..
09:44 magnuse maybe normarc?
09:48 Oak @later tell Brooke[…]our-the-hurry-and
09:48 huginn Oak: The operation succeeded.
09:48 Oak @later tell cait[…]our-the-hurry-and
09:48 huginn Oak: The operation succeeded.
09:49 Oak rangi++
09:49 dcook City and Colour \o/
09:49 dcook Dallas Green has the voice of an angel...
09:49 dcook hehe
09:49 dcook Ok, I should go too
09:49 dcook Night all
09:49 wahanui goodnight dcook. You'll be back.
09:56 paxed Arggh.
09:56 paxed looks like accidentally uploaded the fr-FR translation file to pootle instead of fi-FI ...
10:00 paxed now how do i cancel all those suggested translations? i dodn't see any way other than manually going through all of them. which is just impossible.
10:03 kf let me take a look
10:04 kf hm
10:04 kf it looks like there are only 29 suggestions for 3.12?
10:05 kf paxed: not sure i see the problem, maybe write an email to the koha-translate mailing list
10:07 paxed i guess there wasn't more than that then, and i went through those and removed the french ones.
10:08 paxed also: this is my first time actually using pootle. and i'm not liking it... but at least it's better than the launchpad translation system.
10:09 kf i guess it's a question of available options
10:09 kf web based translation systems are not a huge market
10:10 kf and Pootle is still being developed and quite ok
10:17 paxed i'm a commandline guy. i hate most of web 2.0 stuff
10:33 kivilahtio__ I agree with paxed regarding the translation tools. Pootle is for non-technical people, but the way Koha deals with some translation strings is just beyond non-technical capabilities. Or can a non-technical translator really translate Koha without looking into code?
10:37 kf I think so
10:38 kivilahtio__ bug 7376
10:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7376 critical, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Failed QA , Transfer limits should be checked at check-in
10:38 kf lots of the translators are not programmers
10:38 kivilahtio__ is paul_p working in this?
10:38 kivilahtio__ knock knock paul_p
10:38 kf maybe tr ysending an email if you get no reaction here - not sure how much he is around right now
10:38 * paul_p awakes :D
10:38 kivilahtio__ paul_p: wow I thought you are travelling the world!
10:39 kivilahtio__ paul_p: commented that bug, I would like to extend the bug
10:39 paul_p kivilahtio__ nope, I was in Rome yesterday & monday, but now I'm back.
10:39 kivilahtio__ paul_p: just asking so I am not stepping your toes
10:39 paul_p yikes, this bug fall in a pit...
10:39 paul_p I'll assign it to joubu now
10:40 kivilahtio__ actually I have some urgent stuff with data migration as well, but just curious if this is moving forward?
10:41 kivilahtio__ paul_p: this bug is a tricky one for sure :)
10:42 paul_p kivilahtio__ nope, because I "lost" this bug (and don't have a minute to dedicate to it). So I assign it to jonathan, he'll have a look
10:42 paul_p kivilahtio__ yes, it's a tricky one.
10:48 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
10:58 * kf waves to JDatTeTakere
11:17 paxed kf: unlikely. for example, non-coders have no idea what "%%" in the translation string means. (or at least i saw a comment in the finnish translation about "missing two s from %%" ...)
11:33 BobB_ joined #koha
11:35 * magnuse has never had to look at code to do translations
11:35 magnuse weird characters like %? just copy them over
11:39 paxed well, norwegian is a germanic language, ...
11:40 paxed need to change the word order in the sentence? don't see how a non-coder can do that without trial and error.
11:41 magnuse ah yes, that might be a headache
11:41 paxed also, agglutination.
11:42 drnoe joined #koha
11:42 lds joined #koha
11:44 kivilahtio__ I wonder how they did it Arabics?
11:44 kivilahtio__ ...with Arabics
11:46 jcamins I'm sure there are some strings that didn't translate well, but for well-chosen strings, you just have to translate "around" the %s.
11:46 JDatTeTakere Sorry busy working on my KohaCon13 paper that I didn't notice your wave.
11:50 kf JDatTeTakere: shouldn't you be sleeping? :)
11:51 kf JDatTeTakere: looking forward to meet you soon - we arrive on the same day . well almost, i will be there quite late
11:51 meliss joined #koha
11:52 magnuse hey, i want to meet JDatTeTakere too! ;-)
11:53 Betimi joined #koha
11:53 Betimi Can I ask a question ?
11:54 paxed jcamins: if only it was translating "around" the %s - but i'm irritated how actual TT code gets inserted as %s, or even worse, as actual translatable text...
11:54 jcamins paxed: yeah, that's annoying, but I think not nearly as common as the %s's.
11:56 kf sometimes something slips
11:56 kf most likely bad constructs int he templates
11:56 kf feel free to send patches
11:56 kf I like the %s - they allow me to change the word order/grammar
11:56 Betimi Why I can't delete 2 records from catalog
11:56 Betimi even when I click them it doesnt open
11:56 Betimi it shows an error
11:56 kf your indexes are probably out of date
11:57 Betimi runtime error: file /usr/share/koha/intranet/htdocs/intrane​t-tmpl/prog/en/xslt/MARC21slimUtils.xsl line 76 element param xsltApplyXSLTTemplate: A potential infinite template recursion was detected. You can adjust xsltMaxDepth (--maxdepth) in order to raise the maximum number of nested template calls and variables/params (currently set to 250).
11:57 kf check if your rebuild_zebra is running regularly or try to reindex
11:57 kf oh
11:57 kf not sure about this error
11:57 kf you can try turning off the xslt view to get a look at those records
11:57 Betimi index is working because when I deleted other things from catalog they dont show more in search
11:57 kf which version are you using?
11:58 Betimi 3.12
11:58 collum joined #koha
11:59 paxed kf: again, you'd have to be a coder to know how the TT code works.
12:00 paxed (and having the placeholder comment as "%1$s: END" doesn't help at all, when the IF/whatever isn't included...)
12:00 Betimi kf: Can I remove them if I disable xslt
12:01 kf i think so, the display should work then
12:03 Betimi how I disable it ?
12:05 BobB joined #koha
12:08 magnuse Betimi: search for "xslt" in the systempreferences
12:08 wahanui joined #koha
12:18 JDatTeTakere Sleeping? It's only 1.18am :-)
12:19 JDatTeTakere I'm looking forward to meeting KF and magnuse in equal amounts.  No fighting over the newbie.
12:19 magnuse but i'm not going to reno...
12:19 jcamins magnuse: you're going to KohaCon?!?
12:19 jcamins Aww.
12:19 jcamins That's what I thought.
12:20 magnuse ok, i'll stop whining about it now
12:20 JDatTeTakere'll have to come to NZ then magnuse
12:20 * jcamins is disappointed.
12:20 kf magnuse was in nz :)
12:21 JDatTeTakere When - for the KohaCon in Wellington?
12:21 magnuse yup
12:21 * kf met magnuse there for the first time :)
12:21 magnuse and i'd be very happy to go there again!
12:21 * kf too
12:21 magnuse that is true
12:21 magnuse almost 3 years ago now
12:21 magnuse wow
12:21 JDatTeTakere Come and visit Te Takere...we just had our vist birthday.
12:21 magnuse more or less on the day 3.2 was unleashed
12:22 JDatTeTakere First!  Must need to be asleep.
12:22 * magnuse would love to see te takere
12:22 kf yeah, another kohacon in nz? :)
12:22 * magnuse even helped pay for it, a little bit ;-)
12:22 JDatTeTakere I'll bring photos  might be able to do a show and tell for those who are interested.
12:22 magnuse kohacon_in_nz++
12:22 JDatTeTakere Which bit did you help pay for Magnuse? ;-)
12:22 kf JDatTeTakere: that woudl be quite nice - we saw the library in levin and stand in front of one of the branches I think
12:24 JDatTeTakere What was the ground floor of the old Levin Library is now the Youth Space.  Through a bright yellow door is the rest of Te Takere.  It's massive and very, very beautiful.
12:24 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:24 JDatTeTakere Of course, I'm a little biased.
12:24 magnuse JDatTeTakere: probably about 1 litre of concrete somewhere :-)
12:25 JDatTeTakere That must make you almost a NZ landowner magnuse
12:26 magnuse hehe
12:26 JDatTeTakere My cats are misbehaving - I think they want me to go to bed. Fun talking to you guys. KF we should have breakfast on the 14th...or maybe lunch, depending on jetlag.
12:32 JDatTeTakere left #koha
12:33 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
12:34 JDatTeTakere left #koha
12:36 kf :)
12:39 blou C4 ?
12:39 wahanui C4 is a high explosive :-) or "Cheap & Cheerful Copy of (the ILS program HLT used to use)"
12:40 blou Koha ?
12:40 wahanui i heard Koha was a free software ils see for more info
12:40 blou :)
12:40 kf wahanui botsnack cookie
12:40 wahanui :)
12:40 blou well, that helged
12:40 blou helped
12:40 * kf tries wishing very hard for oleonard
12:41 blou Holà #koha
12:41 kf oleonard?
12:41 wahanui it has been said that oleonard is not really here.  He said so.  He did!
12:41 kf oleonard?
12:41 wahanui oleonard is probably not really here.  He said so.  He did!
12:41 kf oleonard?
12:41 wahanui oleonard is, like, still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
12:41 magnuse let's all wish really hard!
12:45 blou Anyone (beside wahanui) that could point me to some philosophical discussion/document regarding the difference between C4:: and Koha::
12:45 jcamins koha namespace?
12:45 blou Might be a bit early for N-A koha# to discuss philosophy before coffee
12:45 jcamins blou:[…]oha_Namespace_RFC and[…]amespace_QA_Rules
12:45 blou thank you!
12:45 jcamins Hm.
12:46 jcamins That first one has almost no basis in reality.
12:46 jcamins coding guidelines?
12:46 wahanui coding guidelines are[…]Coding_Guidelines
12:49 blou Lot of direction toward Koha:: and the way to modify it, but no explanation on C4.  I know it's the "original", but do we
12:49 blou 1) try to make it disappear
12:49 blou 2) leave it at peace
12:50 blou 3) it's ok to add stuff in it.
12:50 blou The Calendar "class" really started the confusion... :)
12:51 blou ... the questionning.
12:54 NateC joined #koha
12:58 kf blou: where there is already a module, like Koha::Dates use that I woudl say
12:58 kf if you add a new module, do it in Koha
12:58 kf ideally
12:58 kf and else you can still add to C4 - what do you want to do?
12:58 kf (and that's how i understand it, but jared might disagree :) )
13:01 jcamins Koha:: should be used whenever possible, but code going into Koha:: should not have any dependencies on code in C4:: (other than C4::Context, C4::Boolean, and C4::Debug).
13:05 banana joined #koha
13:07 tcohen joined #koha
13:08 tcohen morning #koha
13:08 banana morning tcohen
13:08 tcohen banana?
13:08 rambuten banana is my fallback nick at home
13:09 rambuten I'm logged on as rambutan at work, so I can't get that nick (I'm still at home eating cereal)
13:09 tcohen_ joined #koha
13:10 blou kf, jcamins: thanks!  Exactly the info/direction I was looking for.
13:11 tcohen =D
13:23 blou Newbie, naive and uninformed question: No commit to the master in past 5 days.  Any bug on my git, or some Dev freeze?
13:24 blou I _always_ suspect my environment, but this time I haven't touched anything, I'm sure of it!  :)
13:25 jcamins The RM has been busy with other things.
13:25 blou ha! thanks jcamins!   So that goes in the Newbie and uninformed categories then...  :)
13:40 talljoy joined #koha
13:47 rambuten left #koha
13:50 maximep joined #koha
13:51 kivilahtio__ blou: Good thing you asked that question. It was verry helpful for me as well.
13:59 tcohen do we use variables within templates?
14:01 jcamins Sometimes.
14:01 JDatTeTakere joined #koha
14:02 drnoe left #koha
14:09 drnoe joined #koha
14:10 tcohen jcamins: "used for/see from" entries shouldn't point to a search, right?
14:10 tcohen (plain text only)
14:13 jcamins That's correct.
14:16 tcohen when's this supposed to be used?: (Earlier heading)
14:22 jcamins I can never remember, but dbs has a mirror of the MARC format documentation.
14:23 jcamins
14:23 tcohen the template functions that show auth search results have a
14:23 tcohen UNLESS ( type=='seefrom' || type=='seealso' ) ...
14:24 tcohen add a span
14:24 tcohen with that sort of stuff
14:25 laurence left #koha
14:30 tcohen jcamins: i don't know what to search for in that site, i'm not used to authorities
14:30 jenkins_koha Starting build #125 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:30 jcamins tcohen: look at the documentation for $w on the 5xx fields.
14:31 tcohen jcamins++ # for teaching tcohen
14:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10965: fix breakage when loading sample itemtypes during install <[…]507a2672b0987d795> / Bug 10925: fix LDAP auth failing if DEBUG is enabled <[…]470f39ff9cf080d22>
14:48 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10949: restore ability to successfully print hold slips <[…]52db083e90ccc6ffe>
14:48 kf gmcharlt++
14:48 * jcamins considers responding to the e-mail from Tom Hanstra and decides to let someone else.
14:52 * kf encourages jcamins to do it
14:52 * gmcharlt has saved jcamins from it
14:53 jcamins kf: it was never going to happen.
14:53 jcamins Because the enthusiasm I could muster was limited to "I use packages, and you should too."
14:55 tcohen yay, didn't know i could rearrange patch order during rebase / squash
14:55 tcohen rebase++
14:56 gmcharlt (and grep for the comment about git rebase --interactive)
14:56 oleonard joined #koha
14:56 tcohen thanks gmcharlt for the pointer :-D
14:56 oleonard Hi #koha
14:57 tcohen kf
14:58 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10967: fix minor POD error <[…]a44789c7cadd0445e>
15:05 kf Joubu++
15:05 kf # qaing offline circ
15:06 oleonard qa++
15:07 kf :)
15:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 5645: improve converting simple search to Z39.50 search <[…]055707b15b461d24b>
15:22 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #125: SUCCESS in 52 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/125/
15:22 jenkins_koha Jonathan Druart: Bug 10925: fix LDAP auth failing if DEBUG is enabled
15:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10925 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , LDAP Auth fails if DEBUG is enable
15:23 jenkins_koha Starting build #126 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:28 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10948: make reference labels translatable in OPAC auth results <[…]b3a421f7ce08224f1>
15:33 tcohen hmm, gonna need to rebase 10691 because of that one jcamins :-/
15:33 jcamins bug 10691
15:33 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10691 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , 5xx not properly linked by authid in authority search result list
15:33 jcamins Heh. Sorry.
15:34 kf jcamins: i know how you can make tcohen feel better about it - sign off! :)
15:34 jcamins Hehe.
15:34 jcamins Not now- I need to leave in a few minutes.
15:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10806: make the staff benchmark script check authentication failure. <[…]533fa7b6b0f17e40b>
15:40 rambutan Tom Clancy died?
15:52 oleonard If you believe the New York Times:[…]s-dies-at-66.html
15:55 rambutan
16:08 kivilahtio__ wow, you have gone in great depths just to prevent migrating the primary keys!
16:08 kivilahtio__ ....gone to great depths....
16:09 kf I don't think that's koha specific...
16:10 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #126: SUCCESS in 47 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/126/
16:10 jenkins_koha * Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel: Bug 10965: fix breakage when loading sample itemtypes during install
16:10 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 10949: restore ability to successfully print hold slips
16:10 jenkins_koha * Ketan Kulkarni: Bug 10967: fix minor POD error
16:10 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: Bug 5645: improve converting simple search to Z39.50 search
16:10 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 10948: make reference labels translatable in OPAC auth results
16:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10965 major, P5 - low, ---, bgkriegel, Pushed to Master , Sample itemtypes can't load on new install
16:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10949 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , hold request not retrieved when printing hold slip
16:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10967 trivial, P5 - low, ---, ketan, Pushed to Master , POD ERROR in acqui/
16:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5645 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Z39.50 search from search results not parsing query correctly
16:10 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10948 normal, P5 - low, ---, nunyo, Pushed to Master , Some strings in the authority result list turned out untranslatable
16:10 jenkins_koha Starting build #127 for job master_maria (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:11 kivilahtio__ kf: Even when migrating patrons, my defined borrowernumber is ignored in C4::Members::AddMember  and  C4::SQLHelper::InsertInTable. I think it is deliberately left out, as there is code which deliberately removes it :)
16:11 kivilahtio__ kf: But I got it fixed no less. It is an interesting journey inside the legacy C4 modules
16:12 kivilahtio__ kf: But I just don't understand why primary keys shouldn't be migrated?
16:12 kivilahtio__ kf: nevermind that. It hopefully wont be an issue in the future
16:12 kf hm there are a lot of good presentations on migrating koha I think
16:12 oleonard kivilahtio__: Probably because one should let the database handle its own primary keys, since they are meant to be for "internal" use
16:13 kivilahtio__ kf: Migrating patrons and thei outstanding fines, circulations and reservations as well?
16:13 kf[…]tionkudoscon-2011
16:13 kf this is one of them
16:13 kf well more abut the basics
16:13 kf but we have migrated all thos ewithout any primary keys :)
16:13 kivilahtio__ I understand if you only migrate biblios and items inside the biblio record
16:13 kivilahtio__ kf: then maybe I am doing something horribly wrong
16:14 kf not sure if it's wrong, we are of different opinion there
16:14 kf we let koha handle it's own numbers, and prepare the data in a way that we can load it - it's a different approach
16:15 kivilahtio__ kf: ah using barcodes
16:15 kivilahtio__ kf: that is a pretty good idea.
16:16 kivilahtio__ kf: I'll try doing that in my next phase. We had huge issues in calculating our barcodes from our legacy system, so maybe thats why I havent thought about that at all
16:16 kivilahtio__ but that was one great diashow
16:17 kf thre are more, pretty much evey kohavon the last 3 years i think
16:18 kivilahtio__ how about field 001 duplication? if our legacy system has analytic records linked in field 001 -> 773w, then field 001 has value of 4054. At some point new biblios try to share the old 001?
16:19 kivilahtio__ kf: so say we migrate 4050 biblios, when our librarian adds the 4054th biblio to the catalog, where does the field 001-number come from?
16:21 kf you could set it to the biblionumber, there is a patch for doing that
16:21 kf currently koha doesn't generate one
16:21 kf have to run! :)
16:21 kf left #koha
16:38 drojf joined #koha
16:39 drojf good evening #koha
16:50 reiveune bye
16:50 reiveune left #koha
16:52 jenkins_koha Project master_maria build #127: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]master_maria/127/
16:52 jenkins_koha Jonathan Druart: Bug 10806: make the staff benchmark script check authentication failure.
16:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10806 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , The staff benchmark script does not check authentication failure
17:04 rambutan joined #koha
17:14 cait joined #koha
17:17 gaetan_B bye !
17:33 tcohen does this look better than default?
17:33 cait hi tcohen
17:33 cait how is the before?
17:34 tcohen "see also:" and "see from:" labels on each occurence
17:34 cait yes, this looks better :)
17:55 cait1 joined #koha
18:00 tcohen how about this one cait1?
18:00 cait1 italic? nice :)
18:03 tcohen should it be capitalized?
18:09 cait1 not sure
18:17 bgkriegel joined #koha
18:27 paul_p joined #koha
18:34 drojf1 joined #koha
18:39 tcohen bgkriegel, cait1:
18:40 bgkriegel super cool!
18:41 cait1 looks nice to me:)
18:51 cait1 :)
18:54 tcohen i'm definitely not good at describing library stuff in english (neither in spanish of course)
18:55 tcohen but i filled it at bug 10987
18:55 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10987 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Too many 'see also' and 'usedfor/see from' labels occurences
18:59 oleonard Re: Bug 10986, I wonder if one could periodically extract language information from all existing biblio records and build the limiters that way
18:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10986 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, philippe.blouin, ASSIGNED , Limit the list of languages in advanced search through system preferences
19:03 tcohen bye #koha
19:22 thd-away joined #koha
19:23 rambutan joined #koha
19:27 * oleonard glares at rambutan
19:28 cait1 what did he do?
19:29 oleonard Cheering for RDA on the mailing list is a punishable offense!
19:30 * cait1 goes to look and agrees
19:30 wizzyrea erm
19:31 * cait1 wonders if rda toolkits are down too
19:34 rambutan ME?
19:34 wahanui i heard rambutan was not from NZ
19:34 oleonard Aren't they run by ALA? They're not the government, they're just a helpful group who charges libraries to read a specification that librarians didn't write and which librarians don't want.
19:34 rambutan magnuse suggested it (didn't he?)
19:34 cait1 rambutan: nope
19:35 Topic for #koha is now Pizza thurs today!
19:35 cait1 oleonard: i don't care so much for the rules... but I strongly dislike it's not an open standard
19:35 rambutan Quote: "and embrace current technologies"
19:35 kathryn oopsoops!
19:35 kathryn ww topic change!
19:35 cait1 lol
19:35 kathryn morning everyone!
19:35 cait1 hi kathryn :)
19:35 kathryn :D
19:35 wizzyrea RDA isn't a technology, it's a cataloguing standard
19:35 kathryn pizza for everybody!
19:36 cait1 trying to save rambutaN?
19:36 cait1 mmh pizza
19:36 Topic for #koha is now QA sprint, run Forrest run! |[…]-library-software
19:36 cait1 thx wizzyrea
19:36 oleonard kathryn can make promises, but getting pizza to me while it's still hot is a tall order
19:37 wizzyrea also, RDA isn't the technology (even if it were a technology) that magnuse was referring to
19:37 wizzyrea he's talking about the semantic web and linked data and a host of other things
19:37 wizzyrea that are actually new technologies.
19:37 wizzyrea newer*
19:37 pizza cold pizza is still good if it has lots of sauce
19:37 kathryn yea, oleonard, well actually if I knew everyone's address and local suppliers...but that would be my day over!
19:38 wizzyrea and it's only just begun!
19:38 wizzyrea :)
19:49 kathryn :(
19:50 kathryn ah well rambutan, another day, there will be pizza
19:51 rambutan pizza and coffee
19:51 rambutan breakfast of champions
19:58 cait1 for me no coffee please, just the pizza
19:58 tcohen joined #koha
20:01 tcohen bgkriegel:[…]etin/O/bie103.htm
20:02 tcohen *hint: grep Koha
20:04 mtompset joined #koha
20:04 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
20:05 mtompset I have a question regarding plugin popup window behaviour.
20:06 mtompset If I use firefox with javascript disabled, the clicking the plugin icon does not popup a window.
20:06 tcohen seems reasonable
20:06 mtompset If I use IE with scripting disabled, the clicking the plugin icon DOES popup a window.
20:07 tcohen i'm pleased to see the Dude in kohadevreactions
20:07 tcohen http://kohadevreactions.tumblr[…]rogue-and-creates
20:07 mtompset Is there some setting I am missing in IE?
20:08 jcamins Well, at least the Unshelved people appreciate that their badges are absurd:
20:08 oleonard IE doesn't respect your "scripting disabled" setting mtompset?
20:08 mtompset Perhaps I should restart it then try...
20:09 mtompset oh right... the whole tabs thing doesn't work if I restart.
20:10 magnuse pizza?
20:10 wahanui i guess pizza is in the oven.
20:10 magnuse yay!
20:10 mtompset Yep... stuck with the "Loading" message in IE, but firefox loads.
20:11 oleonard What are you trying to do mtompset?
20:11 mtompset Why are browser behaviours so vastly different?!
20:11 mtompset I'm trying to test bug 6874.
20:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6874 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , File upload in MARC
20:11 mtompset with and without javascript enabled.
20:11 mtompset I did trigger Julian's non-javascript code, but you have to turn it off in the middle of the process.
20:12 mtompset Which seems kind of pointless.
20:12 mtompset You are either going to have it on all the time, or off all the time.
20:12 mtompset most people aren't crazy enough to turn it on and off randomly in the middle of processing something.
20:13 pianohacker joined #koha
20:13 mtompset I can't seem to get Julian's non-javascript code to trigger under firefox.
20:15 mtompset It is reasonable to assume that plugins require javascript on, right?
20:16 oleonard The whole staff client requires JS
20:16 bgkriegel tocohen: good!
20:17 mtompset oleonard: it does? Firefox with javascript disabled is functional for a lot of it.
20:17 oleonard Good. But it is not guaranteed to work.
20:17 mtompset Oops...
20:17 mtompset oleonard: and not look ugly. :)
20:18 * pianohacker ponders making the new editor functional without JS and giggles slightly unstably
20:19 cait1 pianohacker: an accessible one would be reallynice
20:19 mtompset pianohacker: Any sorts of tabbing requires javascript or lots of page duplication. :P
20:20 mtompset well, not duplication, but a page for each tab selected.
20:22 pianohacker 20 lines of perl, ~1000 lines of JS? ehhhh
20:23 pianohacker no tabbing
20:23 pianohacker I will be _lynched_ if I add tabs to this
20:30 tcohen syntax highlighting pianohacker ?
20:36 pianohacker tcohen: yeah, though most of the non-marc infrastructure is provided by the library I'm using
20:36 jcamins pianohacker: non-marc sounds wonderful.
20:37 pianohacker heh, not what I meant, but I wish :)
20:37 pianohacker non-marc-specific would be more accurate
20:42 pianohacker cait1: you saw followup on bug 10486, right?
20:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10486 new feature, P5 - low, ---, jweaver, Needs Signoff , Allow external Z39.50 targets to be searched from the OPAC
20:42 cait1 it is not signed off
20:42 cait1 i saw it... but we are running out of time
20:43 cait1 hm i am probably not making much sense :)
20:44 pianohacker eh, bot liked it. Push that puppy! :)
20:45 rangi hehe the bot only checks it applies cleanly
20:47 wizzyrea i really appreciate the work rangi's done on that bot
20:47 cait1 yep it's a nice bot
20:47 wizzyrea so helpful to know if any given patch has actually recently applied
20:47 cait1 we should name it
20:47 wizzyrea rangi++
20:48 jcamins cait1: "Dotty"?
20:48 cait1 jcamins: ?
20:48 tcohen is bot subject to bribery?
20:48 jcamins For a name.
20:48 cait1 oh
20:48 cait1 why dotty?
20:49 pianohacker Hmm. Who's petter? I think we're on the same flight from denver :)
20:49 jcamins 'Cause it's kind of like "Dobby" and kind of like "Bot."
20:49 wizzyrea dobby isn't a bad name actually
20:50 wizzyrea helpful house elf :)
20:50 rangi pianohacker: you should note that, he is from oslo public library
20:51 rangi they are doing some funky cool things
20:51 rangi pianohacker:[…]for_presentations
20:52 pianohacker okay, cool. Hopefully we're actually on the same flight, and find each other
20:52 rangi *nod*
20:52 jcamins Look for someone from Norway.
20:52 wizzyrea rangi: what would be a good maori name that implies helpfulness/care?
20:52 rangi unlikely that there are 2 flights that land at the same time from denver
20:52 pianohacker hmmmm. Really wish I were staying for the hackfest...
20:52 rangi wizzyrea: manaaki
20:53 wizzyrea ^^ is what we should name our bot
20:53 rangi
20:53 wizzyrea thanks :D
20:54 wizzyrea pronounced how it looks?
20:54 rangi mah nah key
20:55 jcamins wizzyrea: my favorite response to that is "yes, if you pronounce things like they're Maori (or whatever language)."
20:58 wizzyrea that works for languages that use a latin alphabet I guess.
20:59 jcamins wizzyrea: I've heard people use that for other alphabets, too.
20:59 * gmcharlt will rename the bot in exchange for a chocolate fish
20:59 gmcharlt ;)
21:00 wizzyrea mostly that question implies "are there any oddities in the pronunciation that would be different from the language we are having this conversation in"
21:00 * wizzyrea gives gmcharlt a chocolate fish
21:00 * wizzyrea makes a note to send some with rangi for the hackfest
21:02 * talljoy makes a note to look for rangi to bum some chocolate fish from.
21:03 rangi wizzyrea:[…]tereo/manaaki.mp3
21:05 wizzyrea :D
21:05 wizzyrea thanks :)
21:05 rangi oh and of course
21:06 rangi[…]nd/tereo/koha.mp3
21:06 rangi i expect you all to get it right at kohacon :)
21:06 wizzyrea be sure to get the emPHAsis on the right sylLAble
21:06 rangi after the south african corrected me on ubuntu on the eifl-foss webinar, i made a point of correcting him twice on koha
21:07 jcamins Heh.
21:07 rangi 2 can play that game buddy
21:07 wizzyrea oh what is the proper way
21:07 senator deb ee an
21:07 * senator resumes lurking
21:07 rangi heh
21:07 * wizzyrea giggles
21:08 rangi
21:08 rangi oo boon too
21:08 wizzyrea not uh bun too
21:08 rangi yeah
21:08 wizzyrea or oo bun too
21:09 * wizzyrea notes it
21:09 wizzyrea also, don't name your software after your girlfriend.
21:11 coffee anyone aware of any Koreans planning to attend KC13?
21:12 rangi nope
21:13 rangi ill make the bot run the tests, when i can get a nice way of doing that going, it wont be before kohacon though
21:13 eythian hi
21:14 rambutan hi eythian
21:19 rangi pianohacker: there is a free shuttle to the hotel, so you and petter should be able to catch the same one at least
21:19 pianohacker rangi: thanks, do you know if it runs that late?
21:19 rangi yup
21:19 pianohacker sweeeet
21:19 rangi every 30 mins apparently
21:20 cait1 yep
21:20 cait1 15 and 45
21:20 wahanui 60
21:20 pianohacker hahahaha
21:20 rangi[…]s-airport-shuttle
21:21 pianohacker 3.14 and 2.718
21:21 wahanui 5.858
21:21 wizzyrea 1257 and 5953
21:21 wahanui 7210
21:21 rangi runs from 4.30am until 12.14am
21:21 * wizzyrea giggles
21:21 rangi 12.15 even
21:21 pianohacker rangi++
21:21 rangi i guess you need to tip tho eh?
21:21 * rangi doesnt understand your funny customs :)
21:22 wizzyrea for that? I probably wouldn't
21:22 rangi i just walk round giving everyone money
21:22 rangi cos i have no idea what im doing
21:22 cait1 lol
21:22 cait1 we better keep an eye on you then
21:22 eythian qr code is <reply>https://lh6.googleusercontent.[…]10-no/JJ71iDv.gif
21:22 eythian wahanui: qr code is <reply>https://lh6.googleusercontent.[…]10-no/JJ71iDv.gif
21:22 wahanui i already had it that way, eythian.
21:22 wizzyrea restaurants, yes; bellhops, yes; drivers of hotel shuttles... probably not
21:23 rangi ah ok
21:23 rangi unless they are cool and play good music in their shuttle?
21:23 cait1 heh
21:23 rambutan depends on if they help you load luggage
21:23 cait1 oh good point
21:23 wizzyrea mmm yes, agreed on that point
21:24 wizzyrea help meaning "pick it up for you" not "open the trunk"
21:24 hankbank joined #koha
21:24 rangi ah ok
21:24 jcamins wizzyrea: you don't need to tip drivers?
21:24 wizzyrea and yea, if they're cool and play good music, nobody will probably turn down a tip
21:24 jcamins I mean, shuttle drivers.
21:24 * jcamins didn't know that.
21:24 wizzyrea I haven't ever observed this, but I'm from the uncultured midwest
21:24 rangi hehe
21:25 rangi too complicated!!!
21:25 rangi :)
21:25 jcamins I know nothing about tipping.
21:25 wizzyrea ^
21:25 cait1 i guess different for cabs
21:25 cait1 then for free hotel shuttles?
21:25 wizzyrea I could ask my friend who drove an airport shuttle for a while
21:25 jcamins Yeah, you tip cabs.
21:25 wizzyrea do you?!
21:25 wizzyrea really?!
21:25 wahanui really is off now
21:25 rangi oh yeah you definitely do cabs
21:25 * wizzyrea is never going to new york ever.
21:26 wizzyrea well I've already been there
21:26 rangi i know that one
21:26 jcamins I never take taxis for that reason.
21:26 wizzyrea but I didn't (fortunately) take any cabs.
21:26 jcamins Well, that and that they're just generally expensive.
21:26 rangi i once caught one from teh bus station in toledo, to the hotel by the conference center
21:27 rangi it cost about as much as my flight from nz
21:27 rangi (i exaggerate slightly)
21:27 jcamins Heh.
21:27 wizzyrea well after the conversion you're probably close.
21:27 wizzyrea (I exaggerate slightly)
21:27 jcamins I was talking to someone the other day who took a cab from DC to New York.
21:27 wizzyrea oh my lord.
21:27 rangi wtf
21:27 jcamins I want to say the fair was... $700?
21:28 wizzyrea that seems less than I would have expected. That or it's closer than I think.
21:28 jcamins DC and New York are incredibly close.
21:28 jcamins Well...
21:28 jcamins maybe not "incredibly."
21:28 rangi yeah i rode the greyhound from nyc to washington dc
21:28 jcamins But I know people who commute.
21:28 rangi that was an experience
21:29 rangi[…]t/confprogram.php  <-- what i was doing in toledo
21:29 wizzyrea ooo
21:30 jcamins 11674*4
21:30 jcamins 11674 * 4
21:30 wahanui 46696
21:31 jcamins I wonder why wahanui requires spaces.
21:32 wizzyrea cait i've been meaning to ask you about your money on card report - it takes ages to run do you just cron/email that?
21:32 wizzyrea cait1 i guess ^^
21:32 rambutan tan 30
21:32 rambutan tan(30 radians)
21:33 cait1 wizzyrea: money on card?
21:33 cait1 wizzyrea: help my memory?
21:33 wizzyrea yep sec
21:33 wizzyrea[…]Library#Patrons_w.2F_Fines
21:34 cait1 hm
21:34 cait1 it's not slow on our small databases
21:35 cait1 i think it coudl be made faster maybe?
21:35 wizzyrea i suspect there are a gazillion accountlines entries in this particular database
21:35 wizzyrea no worries
21:35 cait1 sorry, not much help there i guess :(
21:35 wizzyrea is alright
21:38 jcamins wizzyrea: I think there are a couple other things that you tip for in New York but not in the rest of the country.
21:38 jcamins I can't remember what things, but I think there are some things.
21:39 wizzyrea it's rather optional to say, tip your hairdresser, they always give you the opportunity but it's not required.
21:39 eythian wizzyrea: check to make sure it's using indicies properly?
21:39 wizzyrea really, if you thought your haircut was really good and you're walking out feeling like a million bucks, then yea a tip is probably worthy.
21:39 wizzyrea hm
21:40 eythian wahanui: tips are weird.
21:40 wahanui OK, eythian.
22:01 mtj hey wizzyrea, did you get your question to me answered, from yesterday?
22:01 wizzyrea oh it was aobut the tweet bot
22:01 wizzyrea he seemed stuck
22:04 thd-away` joined #koha
22:07 mtj ah yep, sorry about that  :/
22:07 wizzyrea :) is np
22:07 mtj i'll test him outta channel for a few days, before i bring him back online...
22:08 wizzyrea twas kind of a busy twitter day for #kohails yesterday
22:08 jcamins mtj: what is the goal of tweetbot, btw? I only ever notice it when it's spamming the channel.
22:09 jcamins I presume it's doing something during the NZ day, when I'm not around.
22:09 mtj it queries twitter every 5-ish  mins, and posts #kohails tweets to this channel
22:10 jcamins Ah.
22:11 mtj its goal is to titilate and inform
22:12 mtj …but when my linode vm runs out of disk, it also drives people batshit :(
22:12 jcamins Heh. What else do you run on it?
22:13 edveal joined #koha
22:13 eythian should put nagios checks on it :)
22:13 thd-away joined #koha
22:14 mtj yeah, i know know!
22:14 mtj i might fix it proper this time
22:15 jcamins Go for it!
22:16 thd-away` joined #koha
22:18 mtj but pleease kick him quick, if he ever goes crazy again
22:19 wizzyrea ah ok
22:20 thd-away` joined #koha
22:20 wizzyrea he'll not try to reconnect if kicked?
22:20 NateC joined #koha
22:20 mtj sorry, i think i mean banned, not kicked
22:22 wizzyrea ah okies
22:22 edveal Does anyone know if Koha considers an item as "available" if it is available for pick to fill a hold and another patron wants to place it on hold, yet on shelf holds is off? Is that clear as mud?
22:22 thd-away joined #koha
22:23 rangi no idea, you'd have to test it to see :)
22:23 rangi id guess no
22:23 rangi because onshelf doesnt actually check its on the shelf
22:23 rangi it checks its not on loan
22:24 rangi and it wont be onloan if its just waiting
22:24 wizzyrea ^^
22:24 wizzyrea waiting items are not on loan, and so show as availab.e
22:24 wizzyrea available*
22:24 wizzyrea onshelf holds would disallow further holds
22:24 wizzyrea (if it's off)
22:24 cait1 hm
22:25 edveal Thank you that was what I thought just wanted to verify.
22:25 wizzyrea it'll do that until it's checked out
22:25 thd-awa`` joined #koha
22:25 wizzyrea a librarian can override that though, i think.
22:27 NateC joined #koha
22:31 maximep left #koha
22:37 thd-away joined #koha
22:54 wizzyrea @later tell dcook[…]ne-sound-remedyyy
22:54 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
23:04 papa joined #koha
23:29 dcook joined #koha
23:36 drojf1 joined #koha
23:46 dcook joined #koha
23:46 dcook morning #koha
23:50 dcook joined #koha
23:54 dcook morning for realz this time?
23:55 mtompset Nope... it was evening still. :O
23:55 mtompset Oops. :P
23:55 mtompset Greetings, dcook.
23:55 * dcook looks outside
23:56 dcook 'tis a bit gray
23:56 dcook hey ya

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary