IRC log for #koha, 2013-05-23

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:16 Quoc joined #koha
00:17 Quoc Hi every one
00:18 jcamins Hello.
00:20 pianohacker well, fine
00:20 pianohacker *sniff*
00:20 eythian be like that!
00:22 Quoc joined #koha
00:22 * pianohacker whistles innocently
00:22 pianohacker anything we can help you with, Quoc? :)
00:22 Quoc There is a meeting here today, after 10hour, isn't it?
00:23 jcamins Not to my knowledge.
00:23 jcamins There's one tomorrow about Kohacon.
00:23 Quoc Last meeting i was late 2hours because of checking current time.
00:23 eythian title claims the 5th for the next general one.
00:24 Quoc Ah, it is about kohaconf. Understand
00:24 pianohacker Quoc: are you on a Linux/Mac system, by any chance?
00:24 Quoc Yes
00:25 eythian Also in Russia it looks like.
00:25 Quoc I am using koha on u ubuntu and trying to introduce it in my country, vietnam
00:25 eythian oh weird, your IP looks russian.
00:25 eythian The internet is a strange beast sometimes.
00:25 pianohacker ah, nvm, we're sending links to a timezone converter now
00:25 Quoc Rght, i am learning PhD in russia
00:25 eythian ah, that'll do it.
00:26 pianohacker Quoc: sorry, was going to send you a tip on how to convert times in Linux, but that seems to have gone out of vogue
00:26 eythian pianohacker: there's a site for that, you know
00:26 pianohacker yup, see it attached to the email now
00:27 Quoc It is ok, i can check it on internet
00:27 pianohacker so used to mjr's date -d @ followups that I'd forgotten
00:27 pianohacker what happened to mjr, btw?
00:27 eythian I dunno. Timezones maybe?
00:27 Quoc It is now 12 27 UTC now?
00:27 eythian hmm, yeah I think that's right
00:27 jcamins pianohacker: slef is still around occasionally.
00:28 pianohacker gotcha
00:28 pianohacker haven't had an argument about javascript with him in a while, those were always fun
00:29 Quoc Thanks all and see u
00:30 pianohacker bye Quoc, have a good day
00:34 druthb Hrm....The translation server, and the gateway for SSH-ing into it, are both unavailable at the moment.  rangi, that will delay things.
00:35 dcook joined #koha
00:35 dcook Morning #koha
00:35 dcook cjh: Just saw the reference to gitify in my scrollback :p
00:35 druthb @later tell tcohen Both the translation server, and Jacinto, are not working, as of 23 May, 0035 UTC
00:35 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
00:35 dcook That's certainly a plan
00:36 dcook Ack, my plan*
00:36 cjh excellent :)
00:37 pianohacker druthb: that's frustrating. who hosts that anyway?
00:37 dcook I might've caught some heat about staying up installing Koha with the Deb packages last night, but...'twas fun. Looking forward to more Debian-related playing
00:37 cjh haha
00:37 druthb University of Cordoba.  tcohen set us up with that, and it's worked *splendidly*
00:38 druthb (until now)
00:50 druthb @later tell tcohen ...and at 0050, it's back!  yay!
00:50 huginn druthb: The operation succeeded.
01:08 NateC joined #koha
01:09 drnoe joined #koha
01:21 drnoe joined #koha
01:29 drnoe joined #koha
01:30 drnoe left #koha
02:33 mtompset Have a good day, everyone. :)
02:38 dani left #koha
02:48 Irma1 joined #koha
03:31 pianohacker night
03:32 wizzyrea gnite
03:52 zebran00b joined #koha
04:10 cait joined #koha
04:11 * cait waves
04:11 wizzyrea mornin cait
04:12 cait hi wizzyrea
04:13 eythian hi cait
04:13 cait hi eythian
04:13 zebran00b any package experts got a minute to field two questions re: debian install?
04:13 trea shoot
04:14 zebran00b 1) If I carry out the instructions on[…]on_Debian_Squeeze and then follow the instructions in DEBIAN.install, which step in DEBIAN.install do I start on, 1.5?
04:15 wizzyrea uh you don't
04:16 eythian zebran00b: you look in /usr/share/doc/koha-common/README.Debian
04:16 trea ^
04:16 eythian I should really go through and make sure that's up to date.
04:17 zebran00b ah. In that case, let me read that and then see if I still have a question 2.
04:17 wizzyrea I'm wondering if install.debian should change to have the package instructions only
04:17 wizzyrea well, as totally discrete from doing a dev install
04:17 zebran00b question 2 was "should I follow all instructions as root user, or at some step switch to the new kohauser?"
04:18 eythian for the packages, there is no new kohauser
04:18 zebran00b wizzyrea: as someone who has no interest in a dev install, I like this idea
04:18 eythian you do everything with sudo and they tools take care of making you the right user.
04:18 wizzyrea it's magic.
04:18 wizzyrea really.
04:19 * zebran00b *jazz hands!*
04:19 zebran00b great, thanks gang
04:19 wizzyrea yeap
04:41 jenkins_koha Starting build #122 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:50 dcook The Debian packages are totes like magic
04:50 dcook Last night's install went great
04:51 rangi they usually do
04:51 dcook I have a few tweaks to add to the wiki but that's about it
04:51 rangi and the upgrades are even easier
04:51 rangi :)
04:51 dcook Mmm, I was going to ask about upgrades
04:51 rangi sudo apt-get update
04:51 rangi sudo apt-get install koha-common
04:51 rangi or if you want to upgrade everything
04:51 dcook Then web installer takes over?
04:51 rangi not even needed
04:52 dcook Intriguing...
04:52 rangi the packages run the
04:52 dcook so running install koha-common takes care of that?
04:52 rangi yep
04:52 dcook So you upgrade all your instances at once
04:52 rangi or sudo apt-get upgrade
04:52 rangi yep
04:52 dcook Sweeeeet
04:52 rangi it puts them all into maintenance mode
04:52 rangi automagically
04:52 * dcook should remember to add that to the wiki as well
04:53 dcook I suppose once you start deviating from the mainstream things would be more difficult
04:53 dcook Although I guess in that case...
04:54 rangi you can roll your own packages
04:54 cait you cna build your own packages
04:54 cait :)
04:54 dcook You'd be doing your development in Git, building your own packages, and then installing from your own repository
04:54 dcook Yeah ^_^
04:54 rangi in debian/build-git-snapshot
04:54 rangi yep
04:54 rangi thats how we do it
04:54 eythian that's how..
04:54 eythian snap
04:54 cait and we will... in progress of switching
04:55 dcook That's really awesome :)
04:55 dcook At this stage, I don't know why anyone would want to use anything but Debian packages
04:55 dcook cait++
04:55 wizzyrea neither do we - but people still persist.
04:55 eythian development is the main legit reason
04:55 cait oh not me in that case :)
04:55 wizzyrea not even that really with gitify
04:55 dcook eythian: How do you mean?
04:55 eythian being forced to use a non debian environment
04:55 eythian dcook: well, if you are doing dev, you're running from git
04:56 cait my_coworker++ hehe
04:56 dcook You've got me confused, eythian!
04:56 eythian dcook: reasons why people wouldn't use the packages.
04:56 dcook If you're doing dev, you're either using a git clone or gitified git
04:56 cait dcook: he does that to people
04:57 dcook Mmm, you mean if someone was only developing
04:57 rangi eythian: speaking of packages ive pushed tags for 3.8.13 and 3.10.6
04:57 eythian yeah. My dev VM doesn't have the packages installed.
04:57 eythian rangi: OK
04:57 eythian I'll start 3.10 building now
04:57 dcook So you do your dev on your dev VM...
04:57 rangi and the tars are in
04:57 dcook Push to a communal git repo
04:57 dcook (I assume)
04:57 * eythian no longer cares about 3.8, I think.
04:57 dcook Then build packages from that?
04:57 eythian dcook: more or less, yeah
04:57 rangi cool, ill announce when the packages are ready for 3.10.x
04:58 rangi ill announce 3.8.13 now and hold of on 3.10.6 until the packages are ready
04:59 eythian OK
05:01 rangi thanks
05:02 eythian build starting
05:03 rangi sweet
05:03 rangi ill cook food for the horde
05:10 dcook wizzyrea, cjh: So with gitify, it takes your package install and then creates a new git repo using it as a base, or...?
05:11 eythian rangi: 3.10.6 uploaded now
05:12 cjh dcook: it takes an instance you made with the packages and points it at a supplied git clone
05:12 cjh dcook: so I often run it as sudo koha-gitify threeeightx /home/chrish/devel/koha
05:12 cjh dcook: so now my instance threeeightx uses /home/chrish/devel/koha instead of /usr/share/koha
05:14 cjh dcook: that means if I go into /home/chrish/devel/koha and checout a new branch, my instance is now using that branch (as it points at it, no copy is mad)
05:14 cjh s/mad/made/
05:14 cjh s/checout/checkout/ # :(
05:15 dcook Ahhh, that's great!
05:16 dcook cjh++
05:16 cjh if you wanted you could point instance at a different git clone, but I usually just have 1 or 2 that all my instances point to.
05:16 cjh point each instance* # this typing thing isnt working for me tonight...
05:16 dcook Part of me wants to try installing Koha from Git/tarball now just to see how to do it...but using anything other than the packages now just seems...needlessly difficult
05:17 cjh koha-create, koha-mysql and koha-dump make my life so much easier :)
05:17 dcook I can see why :)
05:18 dcook I'd really like to move from opensuse to Debian at some point..
05:18 dcook When I saw the list of deps coming down when I was installing koha-common...
05:18 dcook I instantly was 100x more grateful for using packages
05:20 eythian yeah, that's the most useful thing really
05:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #122: SUCCESS in 42 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_3.10.x/122/
05:23 jenkins_koha * D Ruth Bavousett: Language update for 3.10.6
05:23 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Release notes for 3.10.6
05:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #317 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
05:39 zebran00b joined #koha
05:39 laurence joined #koha
05:39 zebran00b has the debian package been tested on wheezy? Or should I stick with squeeze to be sure?
05:42 zebran00b nevermind, saw the mailing list post
06:00 drojf joined #koha
06:01 rangi evening
06:01 rangi drojf:
06:01 rangi hmm without :
06:01 dcook hey ya drojf
06:01 cait hi drojf,  hi rangi
06:02 drojf good morning rangi, dcook and cait
06:03 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #317: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/317/
06:03 jenkins_koha * D Ruth Bavousett: Language update for 3.8.13
06:03 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: 3.8.13 release notes
06:04 drojf rangi++ # more kohas!
06:05 rangi heh
06:05 rangi my last ones for a while :)
06:06 magnuse rangi++
06:07 drojf looks like my laptop power supply is really dead now. that's not good :(
06:07 magnuse "a while"? ;-)
06:08 cait drojf:  :(
06:09 drojf with more twisting and turning, it works again. i have been doing that for too long, i should either try to really fix it or get a new one :D
06:10 gmcharlt joined #koha
06:12 zebran00b joined #koha
06:24 drojf i'm good at killing cables these days. on tuesday i made my headphones explode into three parts when they got caught in a pollard i walked by :(
06:25 magnuse ouch!
06:25 * magnuse looks up pollard
06:25 drojf i had to look it up to, in english :D
06:25 drojf and i mean bollard
06:25 drojf its poller in german
06:25 cjh jonathan pollard?
06:26 magnuse ah, "pullert" in norwegian, it seems :-)
06:26 * dcook had never heard of bollard before
06:26 cjh badluck about the headphones :(
06:26 dcook But now I have a new word :D
06:26 * dcook agrees with cjh
06:27 drojf like this, but not as beautiful ^^[…]ondon_Bollard.jpg
06:27 cjh heh I had that open :)
06:27 drojf :D
06:27 dcook Interesting
06:27 wahanui rumour has it Interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
06:27 dcook I saw this:
06:27 dcook Errm
06:27 dcook The top one
06:27 wahanui i think the top one is patches waiting signoff/qa
06:27 magnuse tcohen++ for documenting release maintenance on the wiki
06:27 * dcook falls for wahanui every time
06:27 dcook tochen++
06:27 dcook tcohen++
06:28 dcook They both deserve it
06:28 dcook I really should read that...
06:32 magnuse about the bollard or about rmaint work? ;-)
06:33 drojf lol
06:34 dcook :p
06:40 Irma1 left #koha
06:41 sophie_m joined #koha
06:42 christophe_c joined #koha
06:42 christophe_c hello #koha
06:43 rangi hi christophe_c
06:48 christophe_c hello rangi
06:50 reiveune joined #koha
06:50 reiveune hello
06:50 wahanui que tal, reiveune
06:55 cait left #koha
06:57 francharb joined #koha
06:59 jajm_ hello
06:59 wahanui que tal, jajm_
07:00 alex_a bonjour
07:06 zebran00b joined #koha
07:07 zebran00b ok, package installation going smoothly except I can access instancename.domain, but not instancename-intra.domain.
07:08 dcook night folks
07:13 zebran00b joined #koha
07:13 marcelr joined #koha
07:14 marcelr hi #koha
07:14 asaurat joined #koha
07:14 asaurat hi!
07:16 marcelr hi asaurat
07:19 kf joined #koha
07:19 huginn GERMS!!!!
07:19 wahanui germs is
07:19 kf good morning wahanui
07:19 kf good morning #koha ;)
07:21 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:21 gaetan_B hello
07:22 marcelr hi kf and gaetan_B
07:22 kf hi marcelr and gaetan_B
07:22 marcelr kf: what do you think about the new text in bug 9824?
07:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9824 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha, Signed Off , Hide basket with no expected items in basket list by bookseller
07:23 kf hm it's quite long
07:23 kf it's clear tho :)
07:24 kf maybe better ask a native speaker later on?
07:24 marcelr np
07:29 zebran00b joined #koha
07:30 zebran00b er, I'm using the debian package and I think I had the wrong koha-sites.conf settings when I created my instance. How do I delete the instance and make a new one?
07:32 kf marcelr: would you be ok with switching 9824 to needs sign off? i think it woudl be a bit more clean and somoene, maybe oleonard could take a look at the strings
07:38 marcelr kf: done
07:39 kf thx :)
07:39 kf marcelr++
07:40 marcelr i'd rather get patches in the other direction :)
07:40 samueld joined #koha
07:40 kf :) think that will be the majority
07:40 samueld hi everybody :-)
07:40 marcelr hi samueld
07:40 kf hi samueld
07:42 samueld i've a question of ldap (if someone can answer): how password have to be encoded? We try to connect koha with our ldap. It seems to have a dialog between both but i think there's a problem of password
07:44 kf hm, we didn't test ldap yet
07:44 kf i was under the impression that you didn't need to store the password locally
07:47 samueld we have also this impression but at this stage, koha can't add a member from ldap
07:48 kf do you have the other mandatory fields set up? branchcode, categorycode?
07:48 kf cardnumber?
07:48 wahanui somebody said cardnumber was passed in with the call to
07:49 samueld yes, the mapping is complete
08:12 francharb` joined #koha
08:45 alex_a joined #koha
08:47 reiveune joined #koha
08:47 asaurat joined #koha
09:09 rangi peep this[…]p?s=Koha&p=all&c=
09:13 mtj woah, nice one!
09:13 rangi it will get more interesting over time
09:14 mtj from here? ->
09:15 cjh neato!
09:15 rangi yup
09:15 rangi with a bit of hackery
09:15 rangi to make it work with our bugzilla not just meego :)
09:15 mtj rangi++
09:17 samueld oups, my zebra don't works any more. How can i fix it as a service? I've follow the instructions on the documentation but i keep the problem
09:18 rangi fg
09:18 rangi heh
09:18 samueld ln -s /home/koha/bin/ /etc/init.d/koha-zebra-daemon
09:18 samueld update-rc.d koha-zebra-daemon defaults
09:23 mtj wow, those bam stats are pretty handy
09:23 rangi samueld: what is the actual error you are having?
09:26 samueld when i do a research, it fails. Thats'a point i don't really understand. How can i fix my zebra as a service?
09:31 mtj heya samueld, are you using the deb packages?
09:31 samueld no, it's a git install
09:32 mtj aah, ok
09:32 mtj for my git/dev installs… i just start zebra manually
09:33 mtj $ zebrasrv -f ~/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml
09:34 mtj … or is it the zebra *indexing* you want to automate
09:35 samueld ok, i make the test
09:36 samueld ok  but if i log off the server, it is disconnected
09:36 mtj use nohup
09:37 mtj $ nohup zebrasrv -f ~/koha-dev/etc/koha-conf.xml &
09:39 samueld ok, it seems to be good
09:41 mtj ah cool… its a simple technique, but it works well for dev/testing
09:42 zebran00b joined #koha
09:44 zebran00b Installed the debian package, but can't figure out apache settings. One way I get the OPAC and no staff client, another way I get vice versa. Help?
09:48 drojf joined #koha
09:48 tweetbot joined #koha
09:49 francharb joined #koha
09:54 francharb joined #koha
09:57 zebran00b joined #koha
09:58 zebran00b anybody know why after package install domain:80 would point to default HTML page in /var/www instead of OPAC?
09:59 magnuse zebran00b: did you disable the default apache site?
10:01 zebran00b how do I do that?
10:02 kf sudo a2dissite default I think
10:02 magnuse sudo a2dissite 000-default
10:02 magnuse something like that
10:02 kf ah :)
10:02 kf magnuse++
10:02 magnuse have a look in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ and see what is listed there
10:02 zebran00b right, I saw 000-default in sites-enabled. Nice all magnuse+++
10:03 magnuse whoa - lots of flooding in the south of norway
10:03 kf ouch :(
10:04 kf lakes and rivers pretty full of water here right now too
10:05 zebran00b big storms out there?
10:05 magnuse lots of rain at least, and probably smelting snow from the mountains
10:08 zebran00b stay dry fellas, thanks again
10:39 alex_a_ joined #koha
10:42 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "Getting an error for squeeze-old packages" (14 lines) at
10:43 jcamins magnuse: is squeeze-old new?
10:43 magnuse i changed "squeeze" to "squeeze-old" in /etc/apt/sources.list, and when i try to "apt-get update" i get an error
10:43 magnuse jcamins: good morning :-)
10:43 magnuse i thought...
10:43 jcamins But what's squeeze-old?
10:43 magnuse squeeze-dev = master
10:43 magnuse squeeze = 3.12
10:44 magnuse squeeze-old = 3.10
10:44 jcamins Huh.
10:44 magnuse now that 3.12 is out
10:44 jcamins I didn't realize that eythian changed the name.
10:44 jcamins It used to be oldstable.
10:44 magnuse oh, perhaps i'm confused
10:45 magnuse yeah, i'm probably doing it wrong
10:45 magnuse yup
10:45 magnuse pebkac
10:45 magnuse my bad
10:47 kf does someone know maybe if you can repeat the print of hold slips?
10:48 kf if the printer messed up or the borrower stole it or whatever?
10:55 fredy joined #koha
11:01 jcamins kf: I'm not sure, sorry.
11:02 kf jcamins: np thx
11:36 BobB joined #koha
11:58 edveal joined #koha
11:58 oleonard joined #koha
11:59 oleonard Hi #koha
11:59 magnuse kia ora, oleonard!
11:59 oleonard Looks like mibbit has dropped OFTC.
12:00 jcamins oleonard: OFTC blocked mibbit.
12:00 jcamins I think someone told me why, but I confess to not listening.
12:01 jcamins oleonard: I have a question. Should yui-main be an ID?
12:01 jcamins It seems weird, since everything else is a class.
12:02 jcamins I guess there is a reference to #yui-main in the YUI CSS files.
12:02 kf hm maybe because main is only one?
12:02 jcamins That's kind of inconsistent.
12:03 jcamins kf_mtg: I guess.
12:08 marcelr hi oleonard; do you as native speaker agree with the small textual change on bug 9824 ? katrin had some doubts.. someone else signed it off already
12:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9824 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha, Signed Off , Hide basket with no expected items in basket list by bookseller
12:09 oleonard I have doubts
12:09 marcelr hi jcamins; would you mind to take another look at bug 8952 ?
12:09 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8952 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, agent.075, Signed Off , Add http:// to url in social media links on opac-detail
12:10 marcelr oleonard: how would you improve the text?
12:11 oleonard How about simply "Show active baskets only" and "Show all baskets" as the links
12:11 jcamins marcelr: sure.
12:11 marcelr would be good for me
12:11 oleonard No explanatory text necessary outside of the links.
12:11 marcelr i will update the patch
12:12 marcelr thx
12:16 jcamins marcelr: I confirm that when I apply that patch the social media links all point to https even though I'm using http.
12:16 marcelr jcamins: should be a problem on other places too?
12:17 marcelr where this use_https was used?
12:17 jcamins Nope.
12:17 marcelr very strange
12:17 jcamins That's the only thing that changed.
12:18 marcelr well, will have a look later then; put it on bugzilla; thx
12:21 talljoy joined #koha
12:23 NateC joined #koha
12:24 NateC hello #koha :)
12:31 lds joined #koha
12:37 oleonard @later tell wizzyrea No more OFTC on mibbit. I was able to connect through
12:37 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
12:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:52 drnoe joined #koha
12:58 tcohen joined #koha
12:59 Dani joined #koha
13:01 jcamins Does anyone know the template variable for the currency symbol?
13:01 kf_mtg hm
13:01 kf_mtg i don't think we have one yet
13:01 kf_mtg well we have, but it should really be a plugin
13:01 kf_mtg for formatting
13:01 Dyrcona #koha never sleeps.
13:02 kf_mtg Dyrcona: nope :)
13:02 jcamins Except I don't have a number I want formatted.
13:02 kf_mtg but it's not always makeing sense, like me now
13:02 jcamins I _just_ want the symbol.
13:02 jcamins $, £, whatever.
13:03 kf_mtg one of the problems is, that not all libaries use the symbol there, often it's iso codes
13:03 kf_mtg which makes sense - else you could not differentiate between the different $
13:03 jcamins In those cases the symbol is EUR, USD, CAD, whatever.
13:04 kf_mtg ok, really, ignore me. I just came out of a meeting
13:04 * kf_mtg nick kf
13:04 jcamins We set it in Currencies and exchange rates but I'm having some trouble figuring out how we then use it.
13:05 * kf_mtg is not surprised
13:05 kf_mtg we removed the currency symbol from a lot of templates
13:05 kf_mtg if you look at a patron record for example, you will see we don't use it there
13:05 kf_mtg i think thre is no real solution for your problem in koha now
13:05 kf_mtg what we need is another include/plugin etc.
13:06 jcamins Oh, we just don't use a symbol _at all_.
13:06 jcamins Thanks.
13:06 kf_mtg um right
13:07 jcamins I think we changed that since 3.6, didn't we?
13:07 kf_mtg hm
13:08 kf_mtg i think we had already removed the $ from everywhere in 3.6
13:08 jcamins Hmm. I guess this screenshot is older, then.
13:08 kf_mtg I remember there used to be hardcoded $
13:10 jcamins Yeah, I remember that. I thought that there was a way to change it for a while.
13:11 NateC joined #koha
13:14 kf_mtg @later tell gmcharlt we did some batch changes in bugzilla this morning - bugs pushed in 2012 > closed fixed and later pushed patches up to may 2013 > resolved fixed, there are about 100 bugs in pushed status right now :)
13:14 huginn kf_mtg: The operation succeeded.
13:14 kf also for the logs
13:14 kf :)
13:16 * druthb waves at kf
13:16 kf hi druthb :)
13:16 druthb :D
13:22 nengard joined #koha
13:29 jcamins Alas, no oleonard.
13:33 McCloud joined #koha
13:41 druthb Well, looks like I'm going to make KohaCon after all, maybe.  It's looking promising for me to come in for a couple of days, anyway.
13:44 maximep joined #koha
13:48 oleonard joined #koha
13:57 nengard kohacon program updated:[…]KohaCon13_Program
13:57 nengard to include druthb
13:58 druthb nengard++
13:58 kf :)
13:59 gmcharlt @quote random
13:59 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #1: "<pianohacker> resolve, rather, I doubt it needs lotion" (added by gmcharlt at 03:05 AM, May 31, 2009)
13:59 gmcharlt kf++
14:00 druthb kf++
14:01 kf gmcharlt: so it was ok? :)
14:01 gmcharlt yep
14:03 * McCloud[A] is now away - Reason : Auto-Away after 30 minutes
14:03 oleonard Thanks for the update McCloud[A]
14:03 jcamins Heh.
14:04 * druthb waves to oleonard.
14:04 jcamins oleonard: ooh, you're back!
14:04 oleonard Yes, I'm back!!
14:04 jcamins Good!
14:04 jcamins I have a question for you.
14:04 * oleonard is 100% ears
14:05 gmcharlt there's an image!
14:05 druthb beat me to it, gmcharlt.
14:05 druthb gmcharlt++
14:05 jcamins If I want to record a payment using entirely Javascript, do you prefer A) a Javascript prompt, B) a Bootstrap modal, or C) something non-modal?
14:06 jcamins I prefer C) something non-modal, but I feel like Koha tends to take a more modal approach to actions.
14:06 oleonard I don't think we're very consistent, so I think you should choose what you prefer
14:06 oleonard the top of my head, not knowing what the context is.
14:07 jcamins I'll take a screenshot.
14:07 jcamins ... maybe...
14:07 * jcamins waits for Jing.
14:07 oleonard One must do a lot of that mustn't one?
14:07 jcamins
14:08 jcamins The blue "Record fine payment" link.
14:09 jcamins It's for recording a fine. And I'm trying to figure out what form that fine recording should take.
14:09 oleonard And your choice would be for the link to trigger a form to appear within the tab?
14:09 jcamins Yeah.
14:10 oleonard Seems reasonable to me
14:12 jcamins Thanks.
14:13 NateC left #koha
14:15 kf jcamins: you didn't ask - but i think form in tab sounds good :)
14:15 jcamins :)
14:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10036 - adding header search to additem page <[…]5b6f18d268b5a2f60>
14:17 oleonard I think we could do more with modals, but I've been too focused on other things to see how well the Bootstrap version could work for what we do.
14:17 oleonard Greybox has turned out to be hard to beat.
14:18 jcamins I don't really have any issues with greybox, aside from my categorical dislike of modals.
14:19 oleonard I would simply like to see our number of dependencies go down, that's all.
14:19 jcamins Agreed... that would be really nice.
14:20 oleonard I think modals are going to be necessary in the OPAC to be more mobile-friendly (Cart, cart download, list download, add comment, etc.)
14:21 jcamins If you don't want to embed them on the page with AJAX, yeah, probably.
14:21 oleonard Yeah not all of those will need to be solved the same way.
14:28 jenkins_koha Starting build #1195 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:43 jcamins oleonard: something like this seem reasonable:
14:43 jcamins ?
14:44 oleonard Yes, although I wouldn't show the table headers if there's no data
14:44 jcamins Right.
14:44 kf :)
14:44 jcamins I haven't added showing the transaction in the table yet, just showing the table.
14:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10310: Followup Prevent submitting form with enter does not work with IE <[…]04ea9e6f888b4b9ff> / Bug 10310: Prevent submitting form with enter does not work with IE <[…]7ba38d68208eb2ca7>
14:48 jcamins On the subject of hiding things, the correct way to handle something that is only displayed by Javascript is to put an inline "display: none;" right?
14:49 jcamins We do that elsewhere.
14:49 slef only if you don't want it accessible otherwise; more often, you want to display it, then hide it when javascript is run.
14:49 jcamins slef: in this case, it is for JS-based offline circ, so if JS isn't running, it shouldn't show up, ever.
14:50 drojf joined #koha
14:50 rambutan1 joined #koha
14:52 oleonard jcamins: Just to nit-pick, it doesn't have to be inline either if you want to add it to the CSS file.
14:54 jcamins Okay, so that's considered good practice, then, changing it in the CSS file?
14:55 oleonard From a customization point of view, it's more flexible. Not sure if that factors into this case.
14:55 jcamins (instead of inline)
14:55 jcamins All the styling I'm doing in staff-global.css.
14:55 oleonard Inline styles override custom CSS
14:56 jcamins Right, but so does $('#elem').show()
14:56 kf hm looking at the rain outside... i think I should stay a while longer
14:56 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10313 Fix link to invoice from orders <[…]967d4c8cf3ce83570>
14:57 kf @wunder Konstanz
14:57 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 8.2°C (4:55 PM CEST on May 23, 2013). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 86%. Dew Point: 6.0°C. Windchill: 7.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
15:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 9806: Remove single pixel on the basketgroup table <[…]05f77a3f1a7a3a148> / Bug 9806 : QA Followup - use template plugin for branch names <[…]fbea60e300380452c> / Bug 9806 : Add new columns to basket groups lists <
15:09 pianohacker joined #koha
15:10 magnuse @wunder boo
15:10 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 19.0°C (4:50 PM CEST on May 23, 2013). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 37%. Dew Point: 4.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
15:10 mcooper joined #koha
15:11 slef magnuse: not fail
15:11 slef @wunder EGCL
15:11 huginn slef: The current temperature in Gedney Hill, Spalding, United Kingdom is 8.6°C (4:01 PM BST on May 23, 2013). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 5.0°C. Windchill: 8.0°C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
15:11 slef magnuse: not fair, I mean.
15:13 paul_p joined #koha
15:16 Dyrcona @wunder 01845
15:16 huginn Dyrcona: The current temperature in North Andover, Massachusetts is 17.5°C (11:13 AM EDT on May 23, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.91 in 1013 hPa (Falling).
15:19 oleonard kf I'm pretty sure Bug 10316 is a duplicate
15:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10316 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Some patron search options missing in advanced search on patron record
15:21 pianohacker slef: hi there
15:21 wahanui privet, pianohacker
15:21 jcamins It strikes me there is not actually any reason not to show the "Pay fines" form all the time.
15:23 slef pianohacker: hello. I'm not really here until July :-/
15:24 pianohacker slef: I greet your ghost happily
15:29 asaurat left #koha
15:31 magnuse sorry slef
15:33 kf oleonard: i have to confess i had that thought too but didn't find it
15:34 jcamins I find it absolutely baffling that there is no functionality for retrieving URL parameters built into JS or at least jQuery.
15:34 oleonard Yeah I agree jcamins
15:35 jcamins Is there a way we do that elsewhere?
15:35 oleonard I don't think so, although I could be misremembering.
15:35 oleonard Seems like something I've dealt with before, but maybe for something else...
15:35 jcamins It kind of offends me to add an entire jQuery plugin.
15:38 reiveune bye
15:38 reiveune left #koha
15:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 9722: DBrev to add OpacShowHoldNotes syspref <[…]ab107e10738fcace8> / bug 9722: (followup) allow patrons to see hold notes in their summary <[…]01190e7944083ce99> / Bug 9722: Toggle display of hold notes with Edit notes button <http://git.koha
15:41 * jcamins contemplates combining the offline circ pages into one.
15:42 jcamins I'm having a devil of a time figuring out how to exchange data between multiple pages using Javascript, and it strikes me this might be because really it should just be one page.
15:42 gaetan_B bye !
15:43 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1195: SUCCESS in 1 hr 15 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1195/
15:43 jenkins_koha Owen Leonard: Bug 10036 - adding header search to additem page
15:43 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10036 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , adding header search to additem page
15:44 jenkins_koha Starting build #1196 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:02 melia joined #koha
16:05 talljoy joined #koha
16:08 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: bug 10052: DBrev <[…]8a8e74b1a4c1e48eb> / Bug 10052: QA Followup <[…]51a25ecffc0bc92f2> / Bug 10052 Followup for and <[…]8294bb6542a9d5567
16:09 kf gmcharlt++
16:12 drojf joined #koha
16:38 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 10129: Babeltheque does not depend on COinSinOPACResults <[…]fb629fc09229d534c>
16:39 oleonard kf: Better like this?
16:41 kf yep :)
16:41 kf not sure about the username, the complaint was focused on the passwords :)
16:42 oleonard Seemed like I might as well keep it consistent
16:42 oleonard[…]ut-over-the-phone
16:43 kf lol
16:47 paul_p joined #koha
16:59 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1196: SUCCESS in 1 hr 14 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1196/
16:59 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10310: Prevent submitting form with enter does not work with IE
16:59 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10310: Followup Prevent submitting form with enter does not work with IE
16:59 jenkins_koha * Colin Campbell: Bug 10313 Fix link to invoice from orders
16:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10310 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Prevent submit form pressing enter should be improved
16:59 jenkins_koha * Mathieu Saby: Bug 9806 : Add new columns to basket groups lists
16:59 jenkins_koha * Mathieu Saby: Bug 9806 : QA Followup - use template plugin for branch names
16:59 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9806: Remove single pixel on the basketgroup table
16:59 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 9722: Allow users to add notes when placing a hold in opac
16:59 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 9722: Allow users to add notes when placing a hold in opac (dbrev)
16:59 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10313 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , selecting an invoice from the historic orders page does not take you to that invoice
16:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9806 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, mathieu.saby, Pushed to Master , Show more information on basketgroups lists
16:59 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 9722: Toggle display of hold notes with Edit notes button
16:59 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 9722: (followup) allow patrons to see hold notes in their summary
16:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9722 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Allow users to add notes when placing a hold in opac
16:59 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 9722: DBrev to add OpacShowHoldNotes syspref
17:00 jenkins_koha Starting build #1197 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:10 rambutan1 meeting?
17:10 rambutan1 ah, can't do that...
17:12 drojf meeting?
17:13 drojf oh, the kohacon meeting. not really important for me, sadly.
17:14 pianohacker left #koha
17:14 pianohacker joined #koha
17:14 * oleonard suggests drojf picture going through US customs to make himself feel better
17:15 drojf oleonard: LOL yeah, i was considering coming with a notebook without harddrive, buy a usb stick there and install a fresh debian to get around the "we can have all your data if we want to"-policy
17:16 oleonard It's an ugly situation.
17:16 oleonard Of course even after that you have to consider your internet and phone traffic to be monitored at all times
17:17 drojf that is not different over here :/
17:17 kf bye all
17:18 oleonard I did not know that drojf
17:19 kf left #koha
17:19 mtompset joined #koha
17:19 drojf you know, there is all that terrorism everywhere. ony the surveillance state can protect us :(
17:20 * mtompset smirks.
17:20 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
17:20 drojf of course that surveillance state did a great job looking the other way when the only real terror group killed people… noenazis are not a problem ^^
17:20 drojf *neonazis
17:20 drojf hi mtompset
17:22 mtompset drojf: Do you think it wise to discuss nazis neo or otherwise on this channel? It could turn into a Reductio Ad Hilterum type argument. ;) But seriously, touchy topic.
17:23 drojf with all that surveillance… we should not discuss anything on the internet :D
17:25 oleonard mtompset: Touchy topic? You should see when we talk about Live DVDs.
17:25 * mtompset laughs.
17:26 mtompset Point noted, oleonard.
17:27 drojf rofl
17:28 drojf yay, got a raspberry pi camera module
17:28 drojf how do i catalogue a live stream in MARC?
17:30 pianohacker well, you could figure out the actual correct metadata
17:30 pianohacker or do the current  popular trend and just punt it into 856u
17:30 pianohacker @marc 856
17:30 huginn pianohacker: The information needed to locate and access an electronic resource. The field may be used in a bibliographic record for a resource when that resource or a subset of it is available electronically. In addition, it may be used to locate and access an electronic version of a non-electronic resource described in the bibliographic record or a related electronic resource. (Repeatable) (1 more message)
17:33 drojf hm yes maybe i can tweak the embedded video patch a little ;)
17:34 drojf once i find out how that thing works at all
17:36 mtompset catalogue a live stream? By the time you catalogue it, it could be over.
17:38 gmcharlt heh
17:43 mtompset Okay... let's say I authenticate against a SAML source and it returns attributes to Koha, what's the best way to map those to relevant borrowers fields? in koha_conf.xml like the ldapserver?
18:12 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1197: SUCCESS in 1 hr 12 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1197/
18:12 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 10052: Db revision for intranetstylesheet
18:12 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 10052: Make intranetstylesheet and intranetcolorstylesheet behave exactly like their opac counterparts
18:12 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 10052 Followup for and
18:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10052 minor, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Make intranetstylesheet and intranetcolorstylesheet behave exactly like their opac counterparts
18:12 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 10052: QA Followup
18:12 jenkins_koha * Galen Charlton: bug 10052: DBrev
18:12 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 10129: Babeltheque does not depend on COinSinOPACResults
18:12 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10129 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Babeltheque does not depend on COinSinOPACResults
18:12 jenkins_koha Starting build #1198 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
18:13 NateC joined #koha
18:27 jcamins cooking help?
18:27 wahanui cooking help is, like,
18:31 drojf lol
18:33 mtompset Why would we want cooking help?
18:44 cait joined #koha
18:47 cait bgkriegel++ :)
18:57 paul_p joined #koha
18:59 mcooper joined #koha
19:05 sophie_m left #koha
19:18 Ccorrales joined #koha
19:20 lds joined #koha
19:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1198: SUCCESS in 1 hr 11 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1198/
19:32 thd-away` joined #koha
19:58 rangi thats pretty sweet
19:58 rangi cos they will graduate, go work at law firms
19:58 rangi and say, why dont we have koha here
19:59 cait :)
20:00 rambutan joined #koha
20:02 rangi[…]php?s=Koha&p=Koha
20:03 rangi so the inflow is bugs moving into new/assigned/needs signoff/reopened etc
20:03 jcamins Nice!
20:03 rangi outflow = resolved, pushed, closed
20:03 rangi the first day is a bit false
20:03 rangi ie everything moves into inflow
20:03 rangi and we did close a massive bunch
20:04 rangi but on average days itd be nice to have them around the same :)
20:05 ebegin_ joined #koha
20:05 oleonard I want to run a T:T thing by you guys while rangi is here
20:05 kathryn joined #koha
20:05 oleonard In the Bootstrap OPAC redesign I'm trying to keep JS at the end of each template
20:05 ebegin_ left #koha
20:05 jcamins oleonard++
20:06 ebegin joined #koha
20:06 cait morning kathryn :)
20:06 oleonard What I've worked out is to have this at the end of the footer include: [% PROCESS jsinclude %]
20:06 kathryn hiya cait :)
20:06 rangi cool
20:06 ebegin Hey ! Is there a rules for not posting jobs on the mailing lists ? :)
20:06 rangi thats how i'd do it
20:06 oleonard Then each individual page template has [% BLOCK jsinclude %][% END %]
20:07 oleonard ...or a block with actual JS in it.
20:07 rangi *nod*
20:07 jcamins oleonard: that makes sense to me.
20:07 rangi and now the caching template fragments has been pushed
20:07 rangi you could even in future
20:07 jcamins With the proviso that I'd think about using an include if the JS is shared.
20:07 rangi
20:07 rangi it
20:07 rangi ebegin: is it a koha job?
20:07 jcamins ebegin: there is no such rule.
20:08 oleonard jcamins: The main footer include has most of the JS stuff in it, but some individual pages need their own JS stuff
20:08 ebegin Yes, a Koha job, of course ! :)
20:08 rangi i dont see a problem with that
20:08 jcamins oleonard: then, yes, that's perfect.
20:08 ebegin Thanks ;)
20:08 rangi someone will im sure, but i wouldnt let that stop you
20:08 rangi :)
20:08 drojf there is always someone…
20:08 rangi *nod*
20:08 oleonard Cool, I'm glad that sounds sane, because it seems to work well.
20:08 rangi hmm new bugzilla out, i need to upgrade
20:09 oleonard I just didn't much like needing the empty BLOCK on some pages.
20:09 oleonard No big deal though.
20:09 drojf oleonard: and the working well part made you think it sounds insane? :D
20:09 * ebegin is looking for 2 full time programmers in beautiful Montreal, just to let you know :)
20:09 rangi oh sweet
20:10 rangi jcamins: can you remember the bug number for the caching template fragments?
20:10 cait ebegin: sounds like a big project :)
20:10 cait rangi: i will find it
20:10 jcamins rangi: ummm...
20:10 jcamins No.
20:10 oleonard drojf: Even a Rube Goldberg machine can be considered to "work"
20:10 cait bug 7387?
20:10 jcamins ebegin: I'd better not tell my wife... she loves Montreal!
20:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7387 new feature, P1 - high, ---, chris, RESOLVED FIXED, Add Template::Toolkit plugin to allow caching of includes
20:10 * druthb codes up a Rube Goldberg Koha emulator in Java.
20:11 rangi awesome thanks cait
20:11 druthb "If you have a problem, and decide to deal with it in Java, then you have a ProblemFactory."
20:11 rangi oleonard: i dunno if that would be any use to you
20:11 drnoe joined #koha
20:11 ebegin jcamins, you'll love it too ;)
20:12 druthb "If you decide to deal with it in Perl, then you have more than one way to have a problem."
20:13 oleonard rangi: Can you elaborate on what are good cases for include caching?
20:13 rangi any time the include has to be populated with a lot of data
20:13 jcamins ebegin: oh, I did love Montreal when we visited. :)
20:13 ebegin cait : We do have indeed few projects in process and some other to come too. I don't want to be busy working 60+ hours a week for the rest of my life
20:13 rangi or it does calculations etc
20:14 * jcamins doesn't know what that means... "not working 60+ hours a week." ;)
20:14 rangi oleonard: ie i could see a good case for caching the news as an include
20:14 cait ebegin: that sounds a lot wiser than i feel during my work days right now :)
20:15 rangi oleonard: it changes rarely, you could easily cache it for an hour, then instead of fetching the news items from the db each page view, it just pulls the rendered html straight out of memcached
20:15 oleonard rangi: That's a good example because it's the same for different users.
20:15 jcamins Or fastmmap. :)
20:15 rangi oleonard: exactly
20:15 rangi jcamins: yep that too :) any cache backend
20:16 jcamins My goodness. That's a torrential downpour.
20:16 rangi oleonard: however you can cache per user too
20:16 jcamins I think possibly if it slows down I will use that as my cue to leave.
20:16 rangi the cache key can be template + sessionid etc
20:16 rangi so if there is something slow to render
20:17 rangi but doesnt change much with a user
20:17 rangi thats good too
20:17 rangi what it does is shift load off apache and the db
20:17 rangi the more things are cachable the more adding another frontend server helps
20:18 rangi it wont automatically be faster, but it will survive a lot more traffic
20:18 rangi </rant>
20:18 oleonard That's an interesting distinction.
20:18 rangi *nod*
20:19 rangi a lot of people see caching as a speed thing
20:19 rangi its not really
20:19 rangi its a scale thing
20:19 jcamins In fact, it's really not.
20:19 rangi it will become a speed thing only under load
20:19 rangi ok im outta here bbl
20:20 oleonard Me too. Where l in bbl is in 16 hours.
20:27 pianohacker joined #koha
20:37 thd-away joined #koha
20:38 gglitch joined #koha
21:07 cait @later tell oleonard could you take a look at bug 10184 maybe? From the history it looks like oyu set it failed QA before Frederic's comment, maybe you can add a quick note what the problem is?
21:07 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
21:19 nengard left #koha
21:30 cait too tired to stay awake for the kohacon meeting i think :(
21:30 cait good night all!
21:31 cait left #koha
21:31 bag was there a bug recently with something that said erroneous log messages or something?  I thought I saw that falsh by
21:31 bag flash
21:46 John_C joined #koha
21:57 nancyk joined #koha
21:59 nancyk joined #koha
22:00 John_C hello
22:00 rangi hi John_C
22:00 nancyk #startmeeting KohaCon 13 May Planning Meeting
22:00 huginn Meeting started Thu May 23 22:00:45 2013 UTC.  The chair is nancyk. Information about MeetBot at
22:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
22:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 May Planning Meeting)
22:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'kohacon_13_may_planning_meeting'
22:01 nancyk #info NancyK Chair
22:01 rangi #info Chris C, catalyst IT
22:01 nancyk hey chris is it just us again?
22:01 bag #info Brendan Gallagher , Bywater
22:02 bag nope!!!
22:02 bag nancyk++
22:02 trea #info Thatcher Rea, Bywater Solutions
22:02 cjh #info Chris Hall, Catalyst IT
22:02 John_C #info John Crockett, Washoe County Library System
22:02 bag hey John
22:02 melia #info Melia Meggs, ByWater Solutions
22:03 larryb joined #koha
22:03 John_C Hi Brendan!
22:03 larryb #info Larry Baerveldt, ByWater Solutions
22:03 dani #info Danielle Elder, ByWater Solutions
22:04 nancyk #topic Agenda I forgot to make one.  So I will report, and take any suggestions or questions
22:04 Topic for #koha is now Agenda I forgot to make one.  So I will report, and take any suggestions or questions (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 May Planning Meeting)
22:04 nancyk #info There are approximately 63 people registered for KohaCon 13
22:04 rangi nice, its building up nicely
22:04 bag oh great!
22:04 pianohacker #info Jesse Weaver, ByWater Solutions
22:05 bag I'd love to see 150
22:05 nancyk #info A Digital Flier will soon be ready to pass around.  It will invite people to come to KohaCon 13, especially those not yet using Koha
22:05 rangi i imagine a lot of htose are overseas so far .. cos they have to decide earlier :)
22:05 bag nancyk: NateC will ove you :)
22:05 bag s/ove/love
22:05 rangi nancyk: great idea
22:05 bag :P
22:05 nancyk He already does.
22:06 nancyk #info Call for Sponsors will be sent out next week and will be on the web site and wiki.
22:06 drnoe #info David Noe, ByWater Solutions
22:06 bag nancyk++
22:06 nancyk #info The Saturday trip will most likely be to Lake Tahoe, with a paddlewheel boat tour of Emerald Bay.  I hope to get a donation for the transport up and back.
22:07 melia yay! Emerald Bay is lovely
22:07 rangi w00t!!
22:07 bag sounds awesome - rangi you'll love that
22:07 nancyk #info There may also be a Makerspace tour at UNR University of Nevada Reno on Saturday for those who want to stay in town.
22:07 rangi cool
22:07 nancyk #topic Any suggestions or questions?
22:07 Topic for #koha is now Any suggestions or questions? (Meeting topic: KohaCon 13 May Planning Meeting)
22:08 rangi programme is starting to look good
22:08 rangi all i might suggest
22:08 rangi is ask anthony (since he is coming all the way from taiwan)
22:08 rangi if he would like a bit more time
22:09 rangi im happy to take some off my talk if that helps
22:09 nancyk ok, good
22:09 bag are MakerSpaces big other places?  - that's a hot word here now and libraries are thinking/offering everyone space in their libraries around here.
22:09 rangi yeah
22:10 bag cool thanks rangi
22:10 rangi usually tho, the makers are resourceful enough to get their own space :)
22:10 * bag just curous
22:10 nancyk UNR has the makerspace as part of their library
22:10 bag yeah that's what I'm thinking of nancyk
22:11 nancyk It sure has been a busy month, but we seem to be on schedule
22:11 rangi yeah, it seems to be going well
22:11 nancyk Anyone watch the Burning Man video on the KohaCon web page?
22:11 rangi yup :)
22:12 rangi oh speaking of video
22:12 bag yup
22:12 rangi that might be a sponsorship opportunity
22:12 bag oh hey nancyk how are we doing with number of presentations?  you think we have enough going on to fill it up?
22:12 bag also how are we doing on the sponsorship?
22:12 rangi bag: its filled up :)
22:13 rangi[…]KohaCon13_Program
22:13 nancyk yes, Nicloe did some switching around today, and it is full
22:13 nancyk oops Nicole
22:13 bag nice
22:13 rangi but yeah i was thinking sponsorship for someone to video the presentations
22:13 rangi so they can go online after
22:13 rangi might be a nice thing
22:14 nancyk working on that, but don't want to advertize it until we get our reservations
22:14 rangi *nod*
22:14 rangi i have my flights booked, havent booked hotel yet, will do that asap
22:14 bag 1:30-2:30 Roundtables (Pick one): OPAC or Cataloging   ( I choose Cataloging )
22:15 nancyk good, I will be nervous until the hotel gets their rooms filled
22:15 rangi ill skip out for a beer during that one :-)
22:15 bag nancyk: how short are we of the hotel getting booked out?
22:16 rangi unless its how can we catalogue so that people can actually find stuff, not satisfy some arcane standard, in which case ill stay :-)
22:16 nancyk checking on that later today
22:16 bag cool let me know - maybe melia and nicole would like their own rooms ;)
22:16 nancyk i plan on giving a general report to the list
22:17 nancyk even though I live 18 miles away, I have booked 5 nights, and will be waiting for everyone when they get there
22:17 rangi cool
22:18 bag AWESOME!!!
22:18 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, bag
22:18 rangi i read they have a complimentary shuttle
22:18 rangi which is cool :)
22:18 nancyk Nicole deserves her own room because she is awesome
22:18 bag agreed
22:19 rangi ill just be happy if my bag arrives before i have to present this time :)
22:19 nancyk Bus service up and down Virginia St. will be handy
22:20 bag well I will be there before you present rangi I guarantee it
22:20 rangi :)
22:20 hankbank joined #koha
22:20 * bag :)
22:20 nancyk We are having a reception for NLA at our branch Thurs night, with tours of the bomb shelter.
22:21 rangi cool
22:21 nancyk You all canb come too, cost $25 for food music and audlt drinks
22:21 bag bomb shelter?  sounds cool
22:22 rangi cool
22:22 John_C and pub quiz also
22:22 nancyk John C is NLA president this year
22:22 bag oh that's rad - I love pub quiz's
22:22 John_C adult drinks= locally brewed beer and wine
22:22 rangi oh im sure i asked this before
22:23 bag oh congrats John_C
22:23 rangi powerpoints and wifi
22:23 bag John_C++
22:23 rangi in the conference room
22:23 rangi that all covered?
22:23 rangi (you can never have too many power points)
22:23 nancyk yes, we took care of the bandwidth for everyone and equipment
22:23 bag or enough wifi
22:23 rangi excellent
22:24 nancyk #info what about hackerfest?  I feel like I have almost ignored them except for space wifi and food
22:24 bag nancyk++
22:24 bag coffee
22:24 rangi thats all we need
22:24 bag coffee
22:24 bag coffee
22:24 rangi oh yeah and caffeine
22:25 rangi nancyk: we pretty much usually self organise on the wiki
22:25 rangi sometimes there's a few presentations
22:25 rangi if ppl have cool tricks to show
22:25 rangi but mostly its just people working on things together
22:25 laurence left #koha
22:26 rangi a nice space with coffee and internet is all that we need ;)
22:26 nancyk ok we have it, with coffee!
22:26 rangi i will probably try to run a 'librarian to developer in 2 hours'
22:26 rangi session at the hackfest
22:26 rambutan #info Greg Lawson - Rolling Hills Consolidated Library
22:26 rangi as a follow up from my 'what have you done for me lately' talk
22:26 nancyk i want to see that
22:26 rangi but only if there is interest .. play it by ear :)
22:27 bag ok nancyk lattes?
22:27 bag heh - sorry had to go beyond coffee
22:27 nancyk Starbucks nearby
22:27 bag (I'm kidding - we can get our own lattes)
22:27 larryb donuts
22:28 larryb and powerbars to counteract the donuts
22:28 nancyk Jelly Donut store nearby
22:28 rangi ill bring some beans
22:28 rangi if someone has a grinder and a french press :)
22:28 bag beans = farts
22:28 bag oh those types of beans
22:28 bag HA
22:28 bag bag--
22:28 huginn bag: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
22:28 rangi  <-- that
22:29 bag looks good
22:29 rangi ill drink it outside starbucks :)
22:29 rangi nancyk: i cant think of anything else, i think you have it all under control
22:30 bag nancyk++  #agreed
22:30 nancyk Yes, it seems so
22:31 nancyk I'll have another short meeting next month to update everyone
22:31 nancyk #endmeeting
22:31 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 5 June 2013 at 18:00 UTC
22:31 huginn Meeting ended Thu May 23 22:31:20 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
22:31 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-23-22.00.html
22:31 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-05-23-22.00.txt
22:31 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]23-22.00.log.html
22:32 eythian hi
22:32 wahanui hello, eythian
22:37 dani left #koha
22:48 larryb left #koha
22:56 bag anyone up for a signoff?
22:56 bag[…]_bug.cgi?id=10320
22:56 huginn Bug 10320: enhancement, P4, ---, jweaver, ASSIGNED , Show results from library's OverDrive collection in OPAC search
22:56 rangi ill give it a try but probably not until after work
22:57 bag sweet awesome - well it's more for pianohacker than me :)
22:57 bag so pianohacker would be happy to sign off on something for you :)
22:58 bag hint hint pianohacker ^^^^^
22:59 drnoe left #koha
23:15 pianohacker Yo!
23:22 papa joined #koha
23:22 eythian hi papa
23:26 rangi bugizlla going doing for a sec, upgrading
23:27 rangi[…]tes.html#v44_feat
23:29 rangi actually no im not doing it now, ill do it tonight when i have more time
23:30 rambutan[…]opian-yirgacheffe   = $40.54 USD if I and Wolftram Alfa are correct.
23:31 rambutan At that rate, I'll need to slip about 18 pounds of Armor Star bacon into rangi's backpack on the way home as a reciprocal guesture
23:40 maximep left #koha
23:43 NateC joined #koha
23:47 rangi $12.50 nzd rambutan ?
23:47 rangi or you thinking a full kilo?
23:48 rangi[…]ala-huehuetenango  <-- my current fave
23:48 cjh mmmmhhhhmm people's coffee
23:50 rambutan no, I standardized to one pound
23:51 rangi 453 grams
23:51 rangi brb
23:53 dcook joined #koha
23:55 dcook gmcharlt++
23:55 cjh heh morning
23:55 dcook hehe morning
23:55 dcook Fixing typos is small gain, but I'm sooo glad for IndependentBranches to be fixed
23:56 cjh wthdrawn :D
23:56 dcook Yep
23:56 dcook When I first encountered Koha (version 3.2), I was struck by how unpolished it seemed
23:56 dcook But it's really come along in leaps and bounds, and I think this is a big (while being small) part of that
23:56 dcook But yes...
23:56 dcook morning ^_^
23:58 rambutan left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary