IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 rgbv joined #koha
00:10 rangi hiya rgbv
00:10 rgbv hi rangi
00:13 rgbv hey, the koha news that we've added to the slip isn't printing on the quickslip, but it is on the slip in 3.10.3... any ideas how to get it to show up on the quickslip?
00:16 sivoais_ joined #koha
00:16 dcook_ joined #koha
00:17 dcook_ Neato. Thanks for the Andchat recommendation, eythian :D
00:17 eythian no problem
00:20 dcook_ joined #koha
00:21 rangi hmm i think it only prints on the slip by design ... im not sure about that though i will check with wizzyrea when she gets back
00:24 rgbv it used to print on both, we had library contact details on it, quite useful for us, thanks for having a look :)
00:26 eythian it comes from a notice template now doesn't it?
00:27 rangi could be, you might have to edit the template to add the news thingy
00:27 rangi might be worth trying rgbv
00:28 fredy joined #koha
00:28 rgbv ok, is that ?
00:29 eythian no, a notice
00:29 eythian Tools -> Notices
00:30 rangi ah yes we moved them all into the admin interface so you dont need to edit files
00:30 rangi thats right
00:30 rangi good thinking eythian
00:30 rgbv ahh, right, missed that one, you're on to it eythian
00:36 hankbank joined #koha
00:40 quocuy joined #koha
00:55 mtj haay eythian, what about this one? ->[…]/Random/
00:55 mtj re: bug 9611
00:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9611 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Failed QA , Changing the password hashing algorithm from MD5 to more secure Bcrypt
00:56 eythian mtj: cjh is writing a simple wrapper around /dev/random that's probably the lowest maintenance method
00:57 cjh currently it is around /dev/random and /dev/urandom depending upon how you ask it :)
01:00 mtj hmm, i dont think Bytes::Random::Secure is a deb package yet… :/
01:01 mtj so thats an added hassle , if we use it
01:01 mtj ah, its in sid ->[…]andom-secure-perl
01:02 mtj hiya cjh :)
01:03 mtj i like the simple wrapper plan, too
01:03 cjh we could also package the dep ourselves, but a seed doesnt have to be cryptographically secure as long as it is unique and non-predictable.
01:04 cjh so I went with the thing wrapper (it was what Crypt::Random was doing, but it had Math::Pari deps which are impossible)
01:04 bag hey mtj
01:05 cjh mtj: I was planning to mention this sometime, thanks for bringing it up :)
01:05 mtj hey bagz
01:09 mtj cjh, i thought there might have been a case for Crypt::Random::TESHA2 being weakish, but good enuff for a seed
01:09 cjh we could also try crypt::openssl::random which is in squeeze but requires a good seed
01:13 jcamins Bah.
01:13 jcamins I wrote a non-object-oriented function in PHP.
01:13 jcamins I can't figure out how to use it.
01:13 cjh mtj: we would have to package it ourselves, but it doesnt look obviously too hard.
01:14 mtj cjh, yeah that too :/
01:14 mtj anyhoo… something to think about :)
01:17 dcook jcamins: Using PHP? :o
01:17 dcook Does anyone know off-hand when the SQL report web service was introduced? 3.10?
01:18 jcamins dcook: yeah, I hate it.
01:18 rangi yep
01:18 dcook Thanks, rangi
01:18 dcook jcamins: Then why use it?
01:18 rangi dcook: well that was the first release it was in anyway
01:19 cjh mtj: thanks for the digging around :)
01:19 * jcamins shrugs
01:19 dcook rangi: I just need to know if it'll be available when we move a particular library over to 3.10 :)
01:21 rangi yep
01:21 dcook Sweet :)
01:22 dcook Actually, I've been wondering a bit about using jQuery to call the web service and output the results on an existing page
01:24 dcook That would require jQuery's ajax method, yes?
01:24 rangi thats what i wrote it for yes
01:24 rangi :)
01:24 dcook Cool beans :)
01:25 rangi throw some js in opacjs
01:25 cjh we used it to make all sorts of pretty graphs in jquery :)
01:25 rangi or opacmain
01:25 rangi etc
01:25 rangi and voila a graph on your opac
01:25 dcook A graph you say?
01:25 rangi yep
01:25 rangi look up jqplot
01:26 dcook Mmm, looks familiar ;)
01:26 dcook I was thinking of calling up some data and then outputting it into a table using the jquery Datatable
01:27 rangi yep, could do that too
01:27 rangi you could totally graph the circ requests and show that in the staff client
01:27 eythian I forsee a world of 3D pie charts :/
01:27 rangi broken down by station/machine
01:27 rangi and see which ones are busy
01:28 rangi mostly i did it for newbooks
01:28 rangi on the opac
01:28 rangi cos its much easier than the ways we have now
01:28 rangi and you can cache the results too
01:28 rangi so you dont hammer the server doing reports
01:29 dcook Mmm, I had forgotten about the caching
01:29 dcook Yeah, I like it for new books as well
01:29 dcook But really...possibilities are subject to imagination
01:29 jcamins You know, I don't have any trouble writing recursive algorithms in Perl.
01:30 jcamins So why is it that they're so damn hard to write in JS and PHP?
01:30 dcook C'est une bonne question, jcamins
01:30 dcook What's the issue with the PHP one?
01:30 dcook I had some issues at first, but I got one working the other day.
01:31 jcamins dcook: I'm not sure yet.
01:38 jcamins Other than the obvious issue that I hate programming.
01:39 eythian hate PHP, it can take it
01:40 eythian wahanui: rex manning is <reply>Rex Manning day is the 8th of April.[…]-rex-manning-day/
01:40 wahanui OK, eythian.
01:47 dcook jcamins: You hate programming?
01:50 jcamins dcook: yes.
01:51 mtj i have recently (since xmas) starting dabbling in writing a video game in perl-sdl
01:51 cjh mtj: awesome!
01:51 wahanui That'll be $1 for the awesome jar, cjh
01:51 cjh gets me everytime.
01:51 mtj ^^ its making programming more fun for me
01:52 dcook You're the second "techie" person that I've heard say that in recent memory. I remember you saying that you decided not to be a software developer before you headed to college, but...I figured you didn't like the IT world. Why don't you like programming? (If you don't mind me asking)
01:52 jcamins Okay. This is bizarre.
01:52 jcamins PHP's equality operators...
01:53 jcamins uhhh...
01:53 jcamins wtf?
01:53 dcook == vs === ?
01:53 jcamins Right.
01:53 jcamins == did not work.
01:53 dcook When were you using it?
01:54 dcook Usually == should work, but I know if you're using stripos or strpos you'll need to use ===
01:54 jcamins Ah.
01:55 dcook[…]rs.comparison.php
01:55 jcamins That's why.
01:55 cjh jcamins: have you read[…]al-of-bad-design/ ?
01:56 dcook Mmm, I was wondering where that blog post resides...
01:56 jcamins I think I have, yes.
01:59 sivoais joined #koha
02:00 jcamins I don't particularly like Perl so I decided to use a different language, and PHP seemed the best choice.
02:00 cjh :o
02:00 eythian hahahahahaha
02:00 eythian hahahahah
02:00 eythian ahahaha
02:00 eythian heh
02:00 cjh eythian++
02:00 jcamins eythian: but consider the options.
02:00 eythian yes, and yet you picked PHP
02:01 jcamins Python: "Hi, see this space? IT MEANS SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT."
02:01 eythian PHP: "bluuuuurg."
02:01 jcamins Ruby: "Screw you, I'm not going to compile."
02:01 jcamins Haskell: wtf?
02:02 mtj i really like the way python code looks, its the least squiggly of the bunch
02:02 mtj ^^ my 2 cents :)
02:03 trea joined #koha
02:03 trea joined #koha
02:04 jcamins I can always rewrite in Perl if I decide that's the best option.
02:05 rangi go
02:05 dcook Cataloguing interface?
02:05 eythian You should rewrite it in Perl. PHP is not the best option.
02:05 rangi :)
02:06 jcamins Yeah.
02:06 jcamins eythian: but Perl isn't exactly a thrilling option either.
02:06 cjh rangi: do you mean 'go do it' or 'go the language' ?
02:07 rangi seriously do it in go
02:07 cjh :)
02:07 rangi :)
02:07 eythian PHP will make you stupider.
02:07 rangi
02:07 cjh I have only played with go a little bit, but I really like it. Have to write something serious in it at some point.
02:07 rangi *nod* me too
02:07 cjh is really cool
02:07 cjh and that is how the koha-go port began...
02:08 wizzyrea Kohago is a cool-ish name
02:08 wizzyrea it probably means "poop" in some languatge.
02:08 cjh heh
02:08 wizzyrea language.
02:08 wahanui rumour has it language is filed letter by letter word by word
02:08 wizzyrea you knew what I meant
02:09 jcamins Actually... go looks surprisingly not awful.
02:09 jcamins Not very Ruby-like.
02:09 cjh it is kind of python-esque, but with {} and some cool ideas around concurrency and types.
02:11 eythian jcamins: you should be using it as a chance to work with Perl 6 anyway
02:12 cjh there is also perl5i and/or modern perl, they have the advantage of actually existing.
02:14 eythian Perl 6 exists
02:14 eythian apt-get install rakudo
02:15 cjh oh wow, parrot apparently exists too. The future is here.
02:15 eythian It's been there for quite some time :)
02:16 jcamins dcook: and, in answer to your earlier question, programming is about telling the computer how to go about solving problems that shouldn't exist.
02:16 eythian why should problems not exist?
02:17 jcamins Oh, problems should exist.
02:17 jcamins What shouldn't exist are the problems that I spend all my time "solving" as a programmer.
02:17 dcook Mmmm
02:18 jcamins If I'm lucky, in the past decade and a half I might have written three things that were not simply reimplementations of something that has already been done a million times.
02:18 dcook Admittedly, this is something that I ponder from time to time
02:19 eythian well, you just need to solve them in a portable way once and for all then :)
02:19 dcook I'm not sure that's what he means though, eythian
02:19 eythian I suspect it's not, no :)
02:20 jcamins Hehe.
02:20 dcook I wonder sometimes about all the duplicated code and wasted effort. The re-engineering that everyone does to make "their program" work.
02:21 dcook But I suppose that's no different than anything.
02:21 jcamins But take this simple recursive array search that I just wrote..
02:22 jcamins There is *nothing* about this algorithm that is new.
02:22 jcamins I don't even have an unusual data structure.
02:22 dcook I had that exact same thought when I wrote my recursive array search the other day :p
02:22 jcamins It looks something like this: { 'object' => {'children' => [ 'otherobject' => ...
02:23 dcook Depending on what you were doing, I suppose you could've used the RecursiveArrayIterator class?
02:24 jcamins Probably.
02:24 dcook That said, wouldn't it be rather odd if your algorithm were new?
02:25 jcamins Sadly they appear to have forgotten to have explained what to do with that class.
02:25 jcamins Sure, but why am I writing them?
02:25 dcook Because you're trying to solve an existing problem with a slightly different solution
02:25 jcamins Why are billions of dollars spent *every day* to have people write them?
02:25 dcook Hmm
02:26 dcook Stubbornness, lack of collaboration, ignorance, independence,
02:26 dcook I'm sure you could boil down all the world's problems to a rather select few
02:26 dcook you = one
02:26 jcamins Yes.
02:27 dcook Capitalism also helps with the spending :p
02:27 jcamins True.
02:27 dcook Even if you were writing something new, it would still be an attempt to solve an existing problem, me thinks
02:28 dcook But that something new would be an "innovation"
02:28 dcook Rather than...
02:28 eythian what you should do is create a new language that makes it really easy to develop and share generic solutions...
02:28 jcamins eythian: lol
02:28 dcook hehe
02:30 jcamins But that's why I hate programming.
02:30 dcook Fair enough. I appreciate the explanation :)
02:38 jcamins Also, I'm easily bored.
02:39 dcook I think I love programming, because it gives one the ability to solve problems, and if you think locally's all good
02:40 dcook Locally being the library world or even a particular library
02:40 dcook But I've always been library mad ;)
02:40 dcook Easily bored, hence only 100 pierogi? :p
02:41 jcamins Right.
02:42 dcook So what made you decide to get your librarian master's?
02:43 jcamins Books are interesting.
02:43 jcamins I love books.
02:44 jcamins And text generally.
02:49 bag MLS's rule!!!
02:49 bag heh
02:50 cjh major league soccers?
02:50 bag jcamins: my answer is I'm always a librarian first :)
02:50 bag and that's what I put whenever I'm asked my profession
02:50 bag cjh: do you say football or soccer?
02:51 * wizzyrea was wondering the same thing
02:51 dcook bag: same
02:51 cjh bag: mostly soccer.
02:51 * wizzyrea looks quizically at cjh
02:51 cjh although football is understood
02:51 dcook
02:52 cjh hahaha
02:52 cjh apparently
02:52 dcook People mostly say soccer though in my experience
02:52 dcook Although I don't know about actual fans...
02:52 bag well there is something really exciting going on in baseball right now - Yu Darvish is 3 outs away from a perfect game
02:52 dcook jcamins: Seconded on loving books and text.
02:53 bag those are pretty rare…
02:53 dcook "really" and "exciting" and "baseball"
02:53 dcook I figured that would be no results found...
02:53 cjh when I was a kid I was in a 'soccer team', and at work I have been invited to 'indoor soccer'.
02:53 bag not in my world dcook
02:53 cjh bag: I have no idea what that means, I will take your word for it :)
02:54 bag perfect game is that no one ever reaches first base…  27 batters up and 27 batters out
02:54 eythian cjh: it's sorta like cricket, but a bit stranger.
02:54 dcook Whoa...
02:54 bag it's happened about 20 times ever in the sport…
02:54 bag so about 20 times in say 80,0000 games
02:54 cjh eythian: I dont really understand cricket either :)
02:54 dcook I'll admit that is pretty awesome
02:55 cjh bag: thanks for the explanation of the awesomeness
02:55 dcook Baseball is pretty straightforward. Also remarkably boring to play when you're a child. Watching pro baseball can be entertaining though..
02:55 dcook It's the opposite of curling. Not very fun to watch, but lots of fun to play.
02:55 bag In other words, at the beginning of every major-league game, an average pitcher facing a lineup of average hitters has a .000983 percent chance of pitching a perfect game.
02:56 wizzyrea hey, um, does anyone know
02:56 cjh wizzyrea: yes.
02:56 wizzyrea the original server side receipt printing
02:56 bag 200,304 games played (as of the date of his column) X 2 (number of starting pitchers in each game) = 400,608
02:56 wizzyrea is that broken now or... does that still work or... did we rip it out or...
02:57 bag it should have been ripped out
02:57 wizzyrea should have been and wasn't or it was ripped out and you don't want to commit to saying that :P
02:57 bag let me check that bug..  what was it custom slips...
02:58 bag wizzyrea bug 7001
02:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7001 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , User Configurable Slips
02:58 * dcook likes the idea of "emailed slips", although always chose to print the slip at his public library anyway. Convenient bookmark...
02:58 bag well the user can choose to get "emailed slips"
02:58 bag on checkout and checkin
02:59 wizzyrea hm no
02:59 bag but I also prefer the bookmark
02:59 wizzyrea the almighty rangi says that it was out for a while, but is back in again in 3.10
02:59 dcook jcamins: Are you still planning to go to Reno in October?
02:59 bag 1 out to go!!!
02:59 * dcook crosses his fingers for bag
03:00 wizzyrea whoa, why so many prefs in local use?
03:00 wizzyrea do they just need to be sorted?
03:00 cjh dcook: I find using it as a bookmark helps me remember when it is due ;)
03:00 * wizzyrea hadn't looked in there in a long time
03:00 bag OH NO hit…
03:00 bag no longer perfect or no hitter
03:00 bag gave up a hit with one out to go
03:00 bag :(
03:00 dcook bag: :(
03:00 jcamins dcook: most likely.
03:00 wahanui it has been said that most likely is not logrotated
03:00 wizzyrea curses.
03:01 wizzyrea forget most likely
03:01 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot most likely
03:01 jcamins wizzyrea: local use contains all the removed sysprefs.
03:01 dcook O_o
03:01 wizzyrea like opacmainuserblockmobile?
03:01 wizzyrea seems like that one ought to be erm, where it belongs?
03:01 dcook I guess there is no harm with them sitting in the database/local prefs gathering dust...
03:02 jcamins wizzyrea: it also contains sysprefs that should be elsewhere, apparently.
03:03 wizzyrea i'm looking in there, seems there's LOTS of stuff that has gone missing.
03:03 jcamins That is quite possible.
03:03 jcamins And, server-side printing is gone, gone, gone.
03:03 jcamins Srdjan was working on reviving it.
03:03 rangi it is there
03:03 rangi it works now
03:03 wizzyrea ^^^ that guy would know
03:03 jcamins rangi: really?
03:03 rangi yep
03:04 jcamins Then why is there a bug report saying "server side printing needs to be put back in since it was removed"?
03:04 rangi the link to set your printer isnt there
03:04 rangi srdjan put most of it back in
03:04 rangi bug 8056 is most of it
03:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8056 critical, P5 - low, ---, srdjan, RESOLVED FIXED, CircAutoPrintQuickSlip set to clear doesn't work
03:04 jcamins Oh, I didn't realize that.
03:05 jcamins The bug for setting the branch printer makes it sound like that's the printing functionality.
03:05 rangi if ( $print eq 'yes' && $borrowernumber ne '' ) {
03:05 rangi if ( C4::Context->boolean_prefere​nce('printcirculationslips') ) {
03:05 rangi my $letter = IssueSlip($branch, $borrowernumber, "QUICK");
03:05 rangi NetworkPrint($letter->{content});
03:05 rangi in circ/
03:05 jcamins I never tried it, just thought "gee, pity that we still don't have it back" every time I look at the unpushed bug.
03:05 rangi so if you hit return
03:05 jcamins Which, granted, is rarely.
03:06 jcamins wizzyrea: I don't have much in local use at all.
03:06 rangi it will print the slip using the slip notice even
03:06 rangi and admin/ is there
03:06 jcamins Cool.
03:06 wizzyrea well wtf is different about mine then.
03:06 rangi to set the printer
03:06 rangi but there is no link to it afaict
03:07 jcamins That's a really neat feature, but not one that I was going to be spending time on, even when I thought it was all commented out..
03:07 rangi its always worked for hlt
03:07 jcamins s/\.\././
03:07 rangi i had to keep putting it back every release
03:07 jcamins Why did it get taken out in the first place?
03:08 jcamins I only tried it once, around 3.2, and it worked.
03:08 jcamins wizzyrea:
03:08 wizzyrea people always think "nobody does that anymore"
03:08 rangi yeah
03:08 rangi i dont understand this, rip it out
03:08 jcamins Then I didn't pay attention, and next I knew there was a bug saying "restore eliminated server-side printing functionality."
03:08 wizzyrea "it's in my way!"
03:08 rangi heh
03:09 rangi so what needs to be done is that link needs to show to
03:09 jcamins I'm not sure about the MaxFineIsReplacementPrice.
03:09 jcamins Didn't I push that?
03:09 rangi if the syspref is on
03:09 rangi and thats about it i think
03:09 jcamins No, apparently I didn't.
03:09 jcamins I must have failed it.
03:10 jcamins Oh, yeah.
03:10 jcamins It worked, but was backwards, which is worse than it not doing anything.
03:11 jcamins FrameworksLoaded interests me.
03:11 jcamins What was it for originally?
03:12 jcamins bag: that was your fault. Just so we're clear. If you hadn't posted on Facebook, it would have been a perfect game.
03:12 jcamins :P
03:12 jcamins Who were we rooting for, BTW?
03:16 bag yeah I guess so :(
03:16 bag well we weren't rooting for a team - just history - to watch a perfect game
03:17 jcamins Maybe next game.
03:17 bag jcamins: I'm a mets fan - right in your neighborhood
03:17 jcamins There's always a 1 in 4000 chance.
03:17 bag but I usually always have a baseball game on when I'm in the office
03:18 dcook All right. Lunch time, me thinks
03:18 dcook Sorry that it wasn't a perfect game, bag :(
03:18 bag so jcamins if you ever go to a baseball game - root for three things.  a perfect game, one player to hit four homeruns in a game (been done about 20 or so times - just as rare as a perfect game)  Or one player to hit five homerruns - never been done in MLB
03:19 bag there was a college player who hit 6 homeruns in one game
03:19 bag and a double :P
03:19 jcamins Wow.
03:19 bag but they use metal bats
03:20 jcamins Hm.
03:20 jcamins Bed time, methinks.
03:20 bag also another one is an unassited triple play - about as rare as the perfect game
03:20 jcamins Good night.
03:20 wahanui I watch you sleep.
03:20 cjh heh
03:20 bag I saw an unassited triple play to end a baseball game in queens - that has only happened twice :P
03:20 bag ok enough about baseball
03:20 bag bag?
03:20 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL
03:21 bag heh
03:21 wizzyrea wizzyrea?
03:21 wahanui well, wizzyrea is a Cylon, and they all have plans.
03:21 * wizzyrea nods
03:25 rangi `/ws 15
03:25 rangi heh
03:28 mtj hey wiz, about?
03:29 wizzyrea ya sorry :) my client doesn't ping for "wiz"
03:53 wizzyrea i just read something AWESOME
03:54 wizzyrea and i have to share it
03:54 wizzyrea oh wait
03:54 wizzyrea i hate this time of year.
03:54 wizzyrea :(
03:54 wizzyrea never mind.
03:54 wahanui Good, I'm glad you figured it out. I didn't understand, and probably never will, being a bot.
03:54 eythian wizzyrea: you can't do that
03:54 eythian it's against the rules
03:55 eythian oh, or was it that google is releasing Google Nose?
03:55 wizzyrea no.
03:55 wizzyrea it was that george takei was going to be in the star wars reboot thingie.
03:55 wizzyrea but it was a prank
03:55 cjh lol
03:55 wizzyrea and I was sad.
03:55 eythian ah
03:55 wizzyrea pout face.
03:58 ibeardslee heh
03:59 ibeardslee but that would be awesome wouldn't it?
04:00 ibeardslee awesome with not just a capitial O, but with all caps
04:02 wizzyrea I know!
04:02 wizzyrea hey I didn't even have to contribute to the awesome jar.
04:21 dcook wizzyrea: I feel your pain
04:23 * dcook wants to keep testing and signing off on bugs, but other work to do...
04:23 dcook Down to just 23!
04:24 dcook If oleonard fixes up bug 9887 soon, that could be 3 or 4 down relatively quickly as well
04:24 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9887 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Use DataTables on circulation page
04:25 dcook Signing off is addictive!
04:25 * dcook goes back to work
05:11 cait joined #koha
05:21 V996149 joined #koha
05:26 * dcook waves to cait
05:26 cait hey dcook
05:42 * magnuse tries to waves but is drowning in snow
05:43 * dcook waves to the snowman
05:45 magnuse :-)
05:45 magnuse @wunder boo
05:45 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is -2.0°C (7:20 AM CEST on April 03, 2013). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 100%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Windchill: -10.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Falling).
05:45 magnuse s/Light Snow/snow storm/
05:45 dcook @wunder Sydney Australia
05:45 huginn dcook: The current temperature in Sydney, New South Wales is 18.0°C (4:00 PM EST on April 03, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
05:46 magnuse yeah yeah, rub it in ;-)
05:46 dcook hehe
05:46 dcook You'll have spring soon though!
05:46 magnuse ah, meeting in 4 hours 16 minutes[…]General%20Meeting
05:46 magnuse dcook: hope so! :-)
05:46 magnuse and we have lots of light now
05:46 dcook Mmm, right. I should check to see if my phone's IRC client times out...
05:47 dcook What's the latitude of Bodo?
05:48 magnuse um 67°18′20″N 14°32′57″E
05:48 magnuse according to
05:48 cait welcome back magnuse :)
05:49 magnuse kia ora cait!
05:49 cait had a good trip back home?
05:49 magnuse um, no
05:49 magnuse but we got home almost ontime
05:49 magnuse so it's all water under the bridge now
05:50 magnuse and leonard was amazing
05:50 magnuse so patient
05:52 cait oh
05:52 cait had problems with the flights?
05:52 magnuse yeah, we were put in a transfer queue when we were chekcing in again at OSL
05:52 magnuse and it was barely moving
05:53 magnuse and we were told there was no jumping the queue to catch the plane, we would just have to loose it
05:53 cjh wow
05:53 magnuse then we asked someone else at the very last minute and then we DID get to jump the queue
05:53 magnuse but then we had to run like crazy
05:53 dcook O_O
05:54 magnuse and i was held up a bit by security
05:54 cait inoslo?
05:54 cait crazy.
05:54 magnuse and elin ran ahead to the gate and was told, i'f your husband is not here in 2 minutes you will loose the plane
05:54 magnuse and then we got on board
05:55 magnuse *and had to sit there for 20 minutes before the plane took off*
05:55 magnuse cait: yup, in oslo
05:55 cait what did you do?
05:55 cait smuggle food?
05:56 magnuse well i did have some very suspicious baby food in a bag
05:56 magnuse they swabbed(?) it
05:56 magnuse checking for traces of explosives, i think?
05:57 dcook_ joined #koha
05:57 cait baby food.
05:57 dcook Couldn't have possibly been for a baby
05:57 cait you wil laugh about it tomorrow, maybe :)
05:59 magnuse yeah, or the day after
05:59 cait glad you made it
06:00 magnuse the interesting thing was when i went through security in nice i forgot i had a half-a-liter bottle of water in the baby bag - and they did not complain about it!
06:00 dcook After a 3 month backpacking trip through Europe, I had an airport security person tell me that they actually couldn't detect whether my metal water bottle had liquid or not inside
06:01 dcook I imagine that means a lot of security people just waved me through most of the time
06:01 cait when I had the fudge
06:01 cait from scotland in my backpack
06:01 cait my bag got searched each airport on the way back...
06:01 cait apparently that looks very suspicious
06:02 magnuse hehe, guess that might look like plastic explosives on a scanner...
06:02 magnuse ooh, wow the big BIBSYS rfp is out, they are not looking for an ILS but an LSP
06:04 cait lsp?
06:04 dcook library services platform?
06:04 magnuse LSP is Library Services Platform
06:05 magnuse yup
06:05 * dcook sighs
06:05 * magnuse too
06:06 cait aha
06:06 mib_ojw8sb joined #koha
06:06 alohabot Hi mib_ojw8sb, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
06:11 dcook[…]_%20isqv24no4.pdf
06:11 laurence joined #koha
06:11 bahmed joined #koha
06:13 dcook I think they have a point when they say that the ILS was created around the idea of managing print collections
06:13 dcook But I'm not seeing anything about how an "LSP" would help manage digital collections
06:13 dcook Or even what they mean by "digital collection"
06:14 cait dcook: i think that's one of the problems
06:14 dcook Agreed
06:14 cait it's like everyone is asking for erm
06:14 dcook erm as in electronic records management?
06:14 cait and noone can explain to me, what it shoudl be doing exactly
06:14 cait resources
06:14 cait yep
06:14 dcook Yeah, that sounds about the same
06:15 dcook It could have a few different meanings
06:15 cait maybe we should have one. it will show a picture of a cat.
06:15 dcook That's another thing...records management is so totally different from regular collection management
06:15 dcook hehe :p
06:16 dcook Personally, I rather see multiple platforms working together...
06:16 dcook DSpace and Koha seem to work pretty well together
06:16 cait that's something different again :)
06:16 cait repositories
06:16 cait I think
06:16 cait what they are asking about is how to handle their ebooks and ejournals that they only have in databases and not really the files to store
06:17 dcook But is it?
06:17 dcook I'm not sure that they are making that distinction
06:18 cait well here it is
06:18 dcook From what I've seen of Kuali OLE, it looks like they're trying to be a metadata and file repository
06:18 dcook Which...makes some sense theoretically
06:18 cait wewill have to wait to find out how it works
06:18 dcook True true ;)
06:20 dcook Amazing how the "new" features of III's Sierra seem to be fairly old features in Koha...
06:21 dcook It would be great if Koha supported EAD and other metadata formats though...
06:22 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
06:22 bamalik joined #koha
06:23 quocuy joined #koha
06:23 bamalik hi
06:23 quocuy hi
06:23 wahanui hola, quocuy
06:24 quocuy yesterday we met, right wahanui
06:24 bamalik I intends to create virtual union catalogue using koha, any help?
06:24 quocuy what do u mean? virtual union catalogue
06:24 quocuy first time i hear that
06:25 bamalik virtual union catalogue means a opac of two or more libraries in different citities
06:27 bamalik Hi quocuy, are there?
06:28 dcook All right. Time to go, me thinks. I might be here in spirit later for the meeting...
06:30 quocuy here
06:30 christophe_c joined #koha
06:30 quocuy sorry
06:30 christophe_c hello #koha
06:30 quocuy bamalik are they using 1 installation of Koha
06:31 quocuy or not?
06:31 wahanui well, not is maybe removed from my search
06:31 sophie_m joined #koha
06:31 quocuy Ah, today evening (in russian-i mean), will we meet here?
06:32 cait yes
06:34 bamalik two installations of koha
06:35 quocuy so u have to copy them from one to one?
06:37 bamalik no, add libraries in koha administration module with ip address
06:39 bamalik i made a lot of search on internet, but not hands-on help
06:39 quocuy wait, u told me that u are using 2 libraries with 2 installation
06:39 quocuy so i don't understand about add libraries with ip address, why do u want to do that?
06:40 quocuy are u trying to create a branch library?
06:41 bamalik sorry, perhaps i don't choose proper terms
06:41 reiveune joined #koha
06:41 reiveune hello
06:41 wahanui bidet, reiveune
06:42 bamalik there is method of virtual union catalogue by YAZ client or something
06:44 quocuy ok, i don't know about this :), ask chris_n, he's leader
06:44 bamalik hi chris_n
06:46 magnuse bonjour christophe_c sophie_m reiveune
06:46 sophie_m hi magnuse
06:46 sophie_m back to Norway ?
06:46 reiveune salut magnuse :)
06:46 magnuse yup
06:46 magnuse and the snow
06:46 wahanui the snow is probably thawing :)
06:46 christophe_c hello magnuse
06:46 magnuse wahanui: nopw, it is not
06:46 wahanui OK, magnuse.
06:47 magnuse s/nopw/nope/
06:48 bamalik hi any body on the channel,  I intends to create a virtual union catalogue using koha, any help?
06:49 magnuse bamalik: i thnk you need to explain a bit more about what you actually want to achieve with that
06:51 cait bbl
06:51 cait left #koha
06:53 rangi quocuy: there isn't a 'leader' of koha, chris_n certainly contributes a lot and was the release maintainer for a couple of releases
06:54 magnus_meeting kia ora rangi!
06:54 bamalik thanks, i want to make a union catalogue of our two campsus libraries. one is centralized union catalogue, which contains catalogues of different libraires in the same system
06:55 rangi quocuy: and if you want to ask about any of the features he added, then certainly chris_n is a good one to ask, however he is most likely asleep now since he is in the east coast of the USA
06:55 rangi magnus_meeting: heya :)
06:56 bamalik other is vurtual union catalogue is a decentralized, electronically accessible catalogue through network based on the ip of distant system.
06:56 quocuy haha
06:56 quocuy sorry
06:57 quocuy i'm not mean that leader, miss word
06:57 rangi quocuy: jcamins is the current release manager, so he is a good one to ask about 3.12 it all depends on what you want to know
06:57 quocuy thanks rangi
06:58 quocuy i chat with him yesterday
07:00 rangi bamalik: first one is easy, you just set up branches
07:00 rangi second option you will have to do some development to achieve
07:01 francharb joined #koha
07:01 quocuy i think he wants to have different OPAC for 2 libraries, so he had to use 2 installation of Koha
07:01 rangi hmm no you can achieve that with one koha
07:01 francharb good morning #koha
07:02 bamalik thanks rangi, any idea about development
07:02 quocuy how can we change Opac (header, footer) for each branch library? impossible now, i think
07:02 quocuy morning francharb
07:02 rangi nope you can do it with rewrite rules in apache quocuy
07:03 rangi bamalik: no, you would have to provide a lot more info
07:03 rangi i mean a lot
07:04 quocuy rangi, is there a guide to help me rewrite rules in apache?
07:04 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:04 quocuy it's such a new thing, if can, i'm really happy with this
07:05 gaetan_B hello
07:05 quocuy now i'm using 1 installation, create lots of Koha site, setup new databases, not good for my poor VPS
07:06 bamalik rangi: what type of info
07:07 rangi bamalik: i still have no idea what you are actually trying to d
07:07 rangi o
07:07 lds joined #koha
07:08 quocuy me, too :)
07:10 cait-m_ joined #koha
07:11 cait-m_ joined #koha
07:12 cait-m_ joined #koha
07:12 bamalik can you differerentiate b/w  centralized union catalogue and  virtual union catalogue,
07:14 cait-m_ joined #koha
07:14 cait-m_ hmm
07:14 quocuy rangi
07:16 bamalik imagine that two libraraies have their own catalogues on seperate servers in different cities and i want to make a union catalogue
07:17 cjh is that like federated search?
07:17 bamalik what means by federated search?
07:35 viktorsarge_ joined #koha
07:36 viktorsarge_ joined #koha
07:38 viktorsarge_ (test)
07:38 paul_p joined #koha
07:59 cait-m_ joined #koha
08:01 rangi so i did this
08:01 rangi[…]395cb38a3992b214d
08:01 rangi which produces this
08:01 rangi http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]e_dsc&format=opds
08:01 cjh that link gives me an error
08:01 cjh Can't use an undefined value as a HASH reference at /home/chris/git/koha.git/opac/ line 732.
08:02 rangi following this spec
08:02 rangi
08:02 rangi hmm really
08:02 rangi not getting that error
08:02 rangi weird
08:03 cjh http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]e_dsc&format=opds
08:03 rangi yep, wfm
08:03 cjh I get that error in both chromium and firefox (tried ff as it shouldnt have a cache or *anything*)
08:04 rangi how odd
08:04 rangi http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]e_dsc&format=rss2
08:04 gerundio joined #koha
08:04 rangi how about that?
08:04 cjh same error
08:04 rangi or http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]owledge+the+poems
08:04 rangi or http://opac.koha.workbuffer.or[…]koha/
08:04 rangi hehe
08:05 cjh fixed
08:05 cjh what did you do?
08:05 cjh now the first url gives me text \o/
08:05 rangi nothing
08:05 wahanui nothing is a requirement, we have guidelines though
08:05 rangi yay
08:05 rangi its pretty rough
08:06 rangi but the idea is any search you can get in opds format
08:06 kf joined #koha
08:06 rangi and it will pull out the ones that have ebooks
08:06 rangi then there are apps that can consume that
08:06 cjh that would make wrapping a discovery layer (or whatever they call those these days) over the top really easy
08:07 rangi like alkido
08:07 * kf waves
08:07 kf got internet, lost all my bookmarks :(
08:07 rangi if you have alkido or calibre or stuff like that
08:07 rangi it can consume those feeds
08:07 cjh kf: congrats :) / badluck :(
08:08 cjh rangi: awesome work
08:08 rangi its pretty rough
08:08 rangi but it took me 2 hours
08:08 rangi so wouldnt be hard to tidy up
08:08 cjh and it is progress
08:09 rangi i meant aldiko
08:09 cjh searching for alkido worked for me, google 'did you mean' has your back :)
08:20 magnuse rangi++
08:20 magnuse that sounds awesome
08:27 Franziska joined #koha
08:27 StefanoBargioni joined #koha
08:29 bigbrovar_ joined #koha
08:43 wizzyrea joined #koha
08:43 * wizzyrea waves
08:44 wizzyrea 1:20 to meeting right?
08:46 magnuse wizzyrea: yeah, i think so
08:46 magnuse[…]General%20Meeting thinks so too
08:48 rangi yep
08:49 magnuse election time!
08:50 * kf waves
08:51 magnuse rangi++ for the separate numbers for bugs on
08:51 * magnuse waves to kf
08:51 * magnuse thinks "wave at" sounds too violent
08:58 kf yeah rangi++ for that
09:32 magnuse oh noes, kf come back!
09:32 kf joined #koha
09:33 oleonard joined #koha
09:33 magnuse yay, kf came back
09:33 magnuse and kia ora oleonard!
09:33 magnuse early morning? ;-)
09:33 oleonard Normal time for me to be up, just early to be here :)
09:33 oleonard But yeah, it's early *yawn*
09:34 kf i am here
09:34 kf and I can access internet websites now
09:36 tajoli joined #koha
09:36 magnuse kf: sounds nice :-)
09:36 magnuse hiya tajoli
09:36 tajoli Hi all
09:37 wizzyrea oleonard!
09:37 wahanui hmmm... oleonard is still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
09:37 wizzyrea :D
09:37 magnuse guess we wished hard enough then
09:38 mtj haaay, interesting ->
09:38 magnuse kia ora mtj
09:39 magnuse community++
09:39 mtj kia ora magnuse and all
09:42 samuel joined #koha
09:42 samuel joined #koha
09:42 samuel hi everybody :-)
09:42 magnuse hi samuel
09:43 samuel short question: i've installed koha by git (first time) and i've a problem to install french language. I've the following error :"./translate -p install fr-FR readdir() attempted on invalid dirhandle $fh at line 59. readdir() attempted on invalid dirhandle $fh at line 87. Koha directories hierarchy for fr-FR must be created f
09:43 kf hm haven't seen that in a while
09:43 kf which version did you install?
09:43 samuel i choose dev install
09:44 samuel
09:44 wizzyrea =p?
09:44 wizzyrea -p?
09:44 wahanui i guess -p is 'prompt for password'
09:44 kf what did you type to install?
09:44 kf i mean which command produces the problem :)
09:45 samuel ./translate -p install fr-FR
09:45 samuel it's the first time i've this problem
09:45 kf why -p?
09:45 cjh "Koha directories hierarchy for fr-FR must be created f" I guess that ends in 'first', does that mean you have to create the lang first?
09:46 * wizzyrea has never used -p
09:46 kf me neither
09:46 wizzyrea samuel, what do you think -p does?
09:46 wizzyrea or why are you using it?
09:46 samuel ok, i will try but when you do ./translate --help, you find this command
09:46 rangi With -p option, only preferences .po file is
09:46 rangi updated.
09:47 rangi is what the help says
09:47 vfernandes joined #koha
09:47 rangi you almost certainly don't want that in this case
09:47 * wizzyrea just read it
09:48 wizzyrea not 5 seconds ago, and agrees with rangi
09:48 wizzyrea leave off the p and see if it goes better.
09:48 samuel without the 'p' option, i 've this "readdir() attempted on invalid dirhandle $fh at line 59. readdir() attempted on invalid dirhandle $fh at line 87. /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/: Input must be a file or directory. (Symbolic links are not supported at the moment) Try `/home/koha/misc/translator/tmpl_process3
09:49 wizzyrea I always use the instructions here:[…]ANET_staff_client
09:49 kf had this happening to me ages ago
09:50 bgkriegel joined #koha
09:50 kf but wasn't able to resolve, t worked when I reinstalled that test machine
09:50 wizzyrea perhaps a bad clone?
09:51 bgkriegel hi all
09:51 wizzyrea hi bgkriegel
09:51 wizzyrea :)
09:51 rangi well if you did a dev install
09:51 rangi /usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en wont exist
09:51 samuel wizzyrea: thank you for the link
09:51 rangi that is the path of a package/tarball install
09:52 rangi i think your koha-conf.xml is messed up, or you are pointing at the wrong one
09:52 wizzyrea good point, you'd need to use the kohaconf in your koha-dev directory
09:52 wizzyrea koha-dev/etc
09:53 magnuse ...if that is what you called it
09:53 thd Does git not have checks to prevent a bad clone?
09:53 * jcamins straggles in groggily.
09:53 kf someone marc savvy around? I look for a field to store norm numbers.. (din and iso standard numbers)
09:53 kf oh there is jcamins :)
09:54 * wizzyrea passes out coffee for the north americans
09:54 * kf is mising lunch ;)
09:54 cjh thd: it should be quite hard for a git clone to be subtly broken
09:54 * wizzyrea passes out food for the europeans
09:55 kf yay :)
09:55 rangi thd: its not likely to be a bad clone
09:55 * wizzyrea recalls the KDE story
09:55 cjh its 11pm here, which turns out is far past my bed time...
09:55 * wizzyrea hands out snuggly blankies and tea for the oceaneans
09:55 rangi wizzyrea: that was disk corruption propogated by mirroring ... not quite the same thing :)
09:55 cjh wizzyrea: they were using --mirror and had disc corruption, so they were mirroring the corruption.
09:56 * wizzyrea sighs
09:56 kf wizzyrea: :)
09:56 wizzyrea right but we wouldn't know that was happening until we started seeing bad clones.
09:56 wizzyrea or I'll just shut up.
09:56 wizzyrea that's probably better.
09:56 kf i think more likely to be missing something else
09:57 gmcharlt @quote random
09:57 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #94: "<chris> the more i explain, the more ppl know, and the less i have to do in the future ... its purely selfish hehe" (added by kf at 08:45 AM, September 13, 2010)
09:57 ColinC joined #koha
09:57 cjh wizzyrea: it is possible, but it would affect all of us (when we did a fetch things would yell and scream)
09:57 * jcamins gives gmcharlt his share of wizzyrea's coffee.
09:57 cjh wizzyrea: a blanket sounds amazing.
09:59 kf as I have run into the problem ages ago
09:59 kf I think it's just something missing in that installation
09:59 wizzyrea but you are all right of course. it's probably not a bad clone, he is probably looking at the wrong koha-conf
09:59 kf it was a server side problem, quite sure
10:00 * kf got her bookmarks back!
10:00 kf ok, now that I am less grumpy, shoudl we start the meeting? :)
10:00 cjh \o/
10:00 rangi 3 mins left?
10:00 kf oh right
10:00 stefano_b joined #koha
10:00 Franziska joined #koha
10:01 kf so if someone feels liking signing up for bug wrangler right now... there still is time :)
10:01 magnuse what she said!
10:02 oleonard We don't need no stinkin' badges
10:02 * gmcharlt nominates everyone not present for bug wrangler
10:02 slef oleonard: yeah, they're culling them around here, blaming them for spreading bovine TB
10:02 cjh heh
10:03 wizzyrea badgers or badges?
10:03 oleonard I have no idea what you just said slef
10:03 slef oh. badgers.
10:03 kf oh
10:03 kf gmcharlt: where was the link to the voting thing?
10:03 kf it's on my other computer and I guess we will need it
10:03 * cjh thought slef was making a joke
10:03 slef huginn: last --regex /meetbot-ci/ --nolimit
10:03 huginn slef: Error: I couldn't find a message matching that criteria in my history of 1000 messages.
10:03 wizzyrea is it in the log?
10:03 slef huginn: you suck
10:03 huginn slef: I suck
10:04 slef huginn: last --regex /meetbot/ --nolimit
10:04 huginn slef: [10:00:32] <slef> huginn: last --regex /meetbot-ci/ --nolimit
10:04 kf gmcharlt showed me last time, maybe
10:04 slef
10:04 slef voting is
10:04 gmcharlt slef++ # beat me to it
10:04 slef the co-op uses a fork of it a lot
10:04 slef to build consensus
10:05 BobB joined #koha
10:05 slef repeat the vote until all agree or give up
10:05 magnuse kia ora BobB
10:05 kf that sounds tirening
10:06 magnuse consensus by exhaustion :-)
10:06 slef kf: nah, seems to work.
10:06 kf so chairing... should I try? or does someone else want to?
10:06 BobB hi magnuse
10:06 oleonard In America we don't repeat the vote until consensus, we repeat the campaign until all give up
10:06 BobB hi #koha
10:06 slef kf: thing to do is to try to give a safe space for objections to be addressed.
10:06 rangi seeing there are no contentious positions
10:06 rangi why dont we just ask for objections for each role
10:06 rangi and if none, its done
10:06 jcamins I think that is a good idea.
10:06 kf we can do that
10:06 magnuse +1
10:07 kf it will be faster
10:07 gmcharlt +1
10:07 kf but not so many +1 :)
10:07 samuel +1
10:07 rangi there are none that we have decide btween people
10:07 kf I am going to start the meeting now
10:07 kf #startmeeting
10:07 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
10:07 huginn kf: Error: A meeting name is required, e.g., '#startmeeting Marketing Committee'
10:07 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
10:07 kf #startmeeting Koha IRC Meeting
10:07 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr  3 10:04:26 2013 UTC.  The chair is kf. Information about MeetBot at
10:07 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:07 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:07 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'koha_irc_meeting'
10:07 kf welcome all
10:07 kf #topic Introductions
10:07 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:07 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
10:08 samuel joined #koha
10:08 kf please introduce yourself with #intro
10:08 slef #info MJ Ray,, England
10:08 tajoli #info Zeno Tajoli, CINECA - Italy
10:08 kf oh #info
10:08 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries
10:08 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services, RM for 3.12
10:08 kf #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ Germany
10:08 rangi #info Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
10:08 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
10:08 gmcharlt #info Galen Charlton, Equinox Software, USA
10:08 ColinC #info Colin Campbell, PTFS Europe Ltd.
10:08 Joubu #u
10:08 bgkriegel #info Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel, Córdoba, Argentina
10:08 stefano_b #info Stefano Bargioni, Pontificia Università della Santa Croce - Rome
10:08 wizzyrea #info Liz Rea, Catalyst IT
10:08 cjh #info Chris Hall, Catalyst It, New Zealand
10:08 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx
10:08 Franziska #info Franziska Wallner, The American University of Rome
10:08 tcohen joined #koha
10:08 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart, BibLibre, France
10:09 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, UNC, Argentina
10:09 kf question: shoudl we do the elections first?
10:10 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
10:10 rangi fine by me
10:10 Franziska fine with me
10:10 tajoli yes, for me
10:10 magnuse sure
10:10 kf #topic Roles for 3.14
10:10 Topic for #koha is now Roles for 3.14 (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:11 kf #agreed we will ask for objections, if none, the candidate is elected
10:11 gmcharlt #info[…]ki/Roles_for_3.14
10:11 kf was not sure how to prhase that
10:11 kf hope it sounds about right :)
10:11 gmcharlt kf: 'tis fine
10:11 cjh sounds perfect.
10:11 sekjal joined #koha
10:12 kf ok, let's start with the most important role
10:12 kf we have gmcharlt as candidate for release manager
10:12 clrh #info Claire Hernandez, BibLibre, France
10:12 kf are there questions about his proposal?
10:12 paul_p #info paul Poulain BibLibre, France
10:12 paul_p sorry for being a little bit late
10:12 rangi probably too late for questions? that was last meeting?
10:13 sekjal #info Ian Walls, former QAM
10:13 kf right
10:13 kf are there any objections?
10:13 * oleonard wouldn't dare
10:13 rangi heh
10:13 * wizzyrea either
10:13 slef no
10:13 rangi if you object you have to do it
10:13 rangi :-)
10:13 wizzyrea speak now or forever hold your peace
10:13 cjh gmcharlt++ very well written proposal
10:13 kf yep, no objections, happy we have you volunteering
10:14 paul_p no objection as well
10:14 wizzyrea yes, very happy you are volunteering, thank you (and your wife. And your cats.)
10:14 kf #agreed Galen Charlton is declared Release Manager 3.14
10:14 gmcharlt thanks everybody; I shall endeavor to repay your trust
10:14 magnuse woohoo!
10:14 rangi may god have mercy on his soul
10:14 magnuse hehe
10:14 tcohen heh
10:14 kf good luck :)
10:14 jcamins Amen.
10:14 cjh hahaha
10:15 kf next is translation manager
10:15 kf druthb / D Ruth Bavousett has offered to continue
10:15 mib_4fnx1g joined #koha
10:15 alohabot Hi mib_4fnx1g, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
10:16 kf any objections?
10:16 gmcharlt no
10:16 kf I think the problem with the objectiosn is that I am not sure how long to wait :)
10:16 magnuse maybe a countdown?
10:16 slef kf: 1 minute IMO
10:16 rangi no objections from here
10:16 magnuse 3
10:16 magnuse 2
10:16 magnuse 1
10:16 magnuse done
10:16 magnuse ?
10:16 rangi heh
10:16 wizzyrea i think if someone is objecting they'd do it quickly.
10:16 rangi 1 min is a good time
10:16 slef wizzyrea: yeah, but IRC lags.
10:16 slef wizzyrea: the co-op's rough practice has been 1 minute of silence
10:17 kf #agreed D Ruth Bavousett is elected Translation Manager for 3.14
10:17 magnuse yay!
10:17 slef wizzyrea: although members can plead later
10:17 gmcharlt druthb++
10:17 rangi yay!
10:17 kf next is Nicole Engard /nengard for documentation manager :)
10:17 kf and druthb++ :)
10:17 oleonard I thought she was elected for life
10:17 kf any objections to that? :)
10:17 slef No objection BTW. I'm curious about the translation infrastructure, but that's going on in email.
10:17 tcohen heh
10:18 slef no objection to nengard... glad she continues
10:18 tcohen gmcharlt++ and druthb_away++ (sorry, not-enough coffe lag)
10:18 kf #agreed Nicole Engard is reelected for Documentation Manager
10:18 kf please stop me when I am too fast :)
10:18 gmcharlt nengard++
10:18 kf ok, next we have 2 candidates for installation documentation manager
10:18 wizzyrea nengard++ druthb++
10:19 kf nengard++ :)
10:19 kf Samuel Desseaux /samuel and Mason James /mtj
10:19 kf any objections?
10:19 jcamins None from me.
10:19 wizzyrea they are sharing the role?
10:20 magnuse do they want to share?
10:20 thd wizzyrea: yes
10:20 samuel no problem for me to share :-)
10:20 kf mtj: ping?
10:20 magnuse yay
10:20 thd wizzyrea: yes, manager and "will help"
10:21 francharb` joined #koha
10:21 kf hm bit difficult as mtj is not here
10:21 wizzyrea he was here just a bit ago!
10:21 kf I think common practice so far was sharing the role
10:21 jcamins I had understood that mtj's intention was sharing the role.
10:21 magnuse yeah, we can force him to share
10:21 gmcharlt likewise
10:22 rangi i have no objections to however they figure out they want to do it :) itd be good to get it done though
10:22 magnuse yup
10:22 kf :)
10:22 kf ok, i suggest we make them share the load then ;)
10:22 gmcharlt +1
10:22 kf #agreed Mason James and Samuel Desseaux will be Installation Documentation Managers for 3.14
10:22 wizzyrea mtj++ samuel++
10:22 kf want to get this moving :)
10:22 gmcharlt mtj++
10:22 gmcharlt samuel++
10:22 kf next is database documentation manager - nicole again
10:23 samuel :-)
10:23 kf should have done that with the other :)
10:23 kf samuel++ mtj++ from me too
10:23 slef binary search for objections? ;-)
10:23 rangi that role should be decreasing
10:23 rangi which is good
10:23 rangi ie, nengard is catching up
10:24 wizzyrea aside, I feel like we should make a rule that the dev who adds a new column be required to add the doc for it.
10:24 rangi yep
10:24 kf most do
10:24 jcamins Don't we?
10:24 wizzyrea i mean formalise that.
10:24 kf we can put it in the coding guidelines
10:24 wizzyrea that.
10:24 jcamins Huh. It's msising.
10:24 jcamins *missing
10:24 jcamins Fixing that now.
10:24 rangi cool
10:24 kf #action add to coding guidelines: devs have to document changes to the database schema
10:24 wizzyrea jcamins++
10:24 gmcharlt jcamins++
10:25 * kf assumes
10:25 kf #agreed Nicole Engard elected for Database Documentation Manager 3.14
10:25 jcamins We can go ahead and vote.
10:25 rangi no objections to nicole doing it
10:25 cjh wizzyrea++ good spot
10:25 tcohen nengard++
10:25 rangi but its super easy for anyone else to do whenever they are looking at kohastructure.sql too
10:25 gmcharlt nengard++
10:25 wizzyrea yep, super ez
10:25 rangi so lets try and have her manage, not have to write everythign too
10:25 wizzyrea ^ this
10:26 gmcharlt ^^ this this
10:26 thd wizzyrea rangi++
10:27 kf ok, next is QAM
10:27 drojf joined #koha
10:27 kf morning drojf ;)
10:27 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, late
10:27 drojf hu kf :)
10:27 drojf hi
10:27 wahanui bonjour, drojf
10:28 * gmcharlt jumps in
10:28 kf thx gmcharlt
10:28 gmcharlt any objections to kf's proposal to continue as QAM?
10:29 rangi who could object after 101 passed qa in march !
10:29 wizzyrea ikr!
10:29 magnuse indeed!
10:29 wizzyrea for reals we'd be mad to object.
10:29 sekjal kf++
10:29 kf a week of hackfest certainly helped there - sadly there is not one every month :)
10:29 cjh kf++ keep up the magic
10:29 davidnind joined #koha
10:30 * gmcharlt calls it
10:30 gmcharlt #info Katrin Fischer continuing on as QAM for Koha
10:30 gmcharlt kf++
10:30 wizzyrea kf++
10:30 drojf kf++
10:30 kf thx :)
10:30 tcohen kf++
10:30 gmcharlt cait++ # and since you're really two people, we get twice the work! ;)
10:30 magnuse kf++
10:30 kf ok, quickly moving on - quality assurance team!
10:30 magnuse hackfest_every_month++
10:30 cjh the proposed QA team looks awesome
10:31 kf totally awesome
10:31 kf any objections?
10:31 rangi cept that chris guy, i object to him
10:31 cjh yeah, I hear he is pretty sloppy with QA.
10:31 kf rangi: your objection is marked invalid
10:31 jcamins Nice try.
10:31 rangi dang
10:31 wizzyrea it's a sad state to be in if you find yourself objectionable.
10:31 drojf anyone got a wiki link for me?
10:31 cjh drojf:[…]ki/Roles_for_3.14
10:31 kf[…]ki/Roles_for_3.14
10:32 drojf thx :)
10:32 mib_5x4kfi joined #koha
10:32 alohabot Hi mib_5x4kfi, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
10:32 * kf hopes for a bright future with short QA queues :)
10:32 rangi seriously tho, no objections
10:32 kf ok, let me type that then
10:33 cjh bag++ khall++ first timers :)
10:33 kf #agreed Marcel de Rooy, Chris Cormack, Jonathan Druart, Brendan Gallagher, Mason James, Paul Poulain and Kyle M Hall are going to be the QA team for 3.14
10:33 kf hope no typos :)
10:33 rangi i think im the only person to get fired from QA
10:33 paul_p lol
10:33 kf noe we can move on to the release maintainers, can we do them in bulk?
10:33 wizzyrea by yourself!
10:33 kf rangi: you will have to try very hard to make that happen :)
10:34 gmcharlt no objection to voting on the RMaints all at once
10:35 kf ok, so I am asking for all of them - any objections?
10:35 kf very glad to see so many first timers myself!
10:35 Franziska joined #koha
10:35 tcohen my gf objects
10:35 jcamins None from me.
10:35 wizzyrea lol tcohen
10:35 bgkriegel ouch
10:35 gmcharlt none from me
10:35 jcamins lol
10:36 magnuse lol from me
10:36 wizzyrea i mean, really? tell her we will send her um........ cookies and... fudge
10:36 rangi none from me
10:36 paul_p none from me as well
10:36 wizzyrea and... um.... gah I don't know what she likes. Flowers?
10:36 tcohen cookies wizzyrea
10:36 cjh wizzyrea: do all objections get cookies?
10:37 paul_p except, maybe : welcome south-america ;-)
10:37 wizzyrea only if they are partner related
10:37 drojf i won't object if i get cookies
10:37 bgkriegel :)
10:37 kf cjh: don't think about it!
10:37 kf #agreed Release Maintainers will be: Tomás Cohen Arazi (3.12.x), Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel (3.10.x) and Chris Hall (3.8.x)
10:37 kf packaging manager: Robin Sheat /eythian
10:38 kf any objections?
10:38 rangi nope
10:38 wizzyrea he's the best, no objections.
10:38 gmcharlt no objections
10:38 wizzyrea well you're all the best.
10:38 manny joined #koha
10:38 kf no objections from me, eythian++
10:38 drojf any objection is considered volunteering :P
10:38 wizzyrea kek
10:39 kf #agreed Robin Sheat named as Packaging Manager 3.14
10:39 rangi ah thats why mine didnt work, i got in a recursive loop
10:39 drojf lol rangi
10:39 wizzyrea hehehe
10:39 kf ok, live cd and vm manager
10:40 kf hm question from me - are those really different things?
10:40 rangi no objections, but i am not sure what those roles are supposed to do :)
10:40 drojf i wanted to ask... what is a avm manager?
10:40 jcamins I believe so, yes.
10:40 drojf *vm
10:40 wizzyrea if they are willing to do it, I'm willing to let them
10:41 * magnuse imagines the vm manager making vm "images" that can be downloaded and loaded into e.g. virtualbox
10:41 tcohen different things
10:41 drojf it wouldn't hurt to give a short description of the role if it is newly introduced, i think
10:41 jcamins I think the idea is that the VM manager is responsible for packaging the VM, and the live CD is manager is responsible for packaging the live cd/dvd, which require different tools, skillsets, and possibly configurations.
10:41 magnuse what he said
10:42 drojf jcamins: "the VM" as in "the official Koha VM"?
10:42 jcamins drojf: I suspect no one is sure what the roles were for, since the people who added them in 3.10 never showed up to explain.
10:42 kf so we think both are valid - do we have objections?
10:42 jcamins "the VM" as in "a demo VM that includes Koha."
10:42 paul_p sorry, but I have to leave now to grab some food for lunch before an important meeting. se ya !
10:42 kf do we want to postpone the discussion and ask for proposals?
10:42 drojf jcamins: ok. i won't stop anyone from doing that
10:42 jcamins No.
10:42 wizzyrea naw
10:43 magnuse nah
10:43 gmcharlt +1 to ask for details, but no need to postpone
10:43 sekjal it'd be really good to have someone responsible for keeping the Koha Live CD/DVDs up to date
10:43 kf ok, so no objections, I am starting to type the agreeds :)
10:43 wizzyrea ^
10:43 kf #agreed Live CD/DVD Manager: Nguyen Quoc Uy
10:43 kf #agreed VM Manager: Samuel Desseaux
10:43 wizzyrea also I think it should be understood that this person is in charge of the canonical live CD/DVD
10:43 wizzyrea and the canonical VM
10:44 kf #action ask on mailing list for details about roles of live cd/dvd manager and vm manager
10:44 drojf sekjal: it would be cool if that someone would frequent the irc though
10:44 sekjal drojf: agreed
10:44 drojf that did not really happen with the last dvd manager i think
10:45 kf ok 2 more to go people
10:45 kf Bug Wrangler: magnuse
10:45 drojf yay, last bug wrangler standing
10:45 kf any objections?
10:45 * gmcharlt removes magnuse's wiki editing privileges for now ;)
10:45 * wizzyrea really appreciates slef's emails about bugs to check
10:45 rangi no objections
10:45 gmcharlt no objections
10:45 kf wizzyrea: I agree! slef++ for those
10:45 kf and no objections about magnuse
10:45 gmcharlt slef++
10:46 wizzyrea sorry that was kind of random.
10:46 tcohen magnuse++
10:46 kf #agreed Magnus Enger is Bug Wrangler for 3.14
10:46 kf do we have some other last minute candidates? :)
10:46 gmcharlt magnuse++
10:46 wizzyrea magnuse++
10:46 kf magnuse++
10:46 * magnuse blushes
10:47 kf else... last but not least: Newsletter Editor: Daniel Grobani
10:47 kf any objections?
10:47 wizzyrea he does fantastic newsletters.
10:47 magnuse and yeah, more bug wranglers would be good
10:47 gmcharlt none from me
10:47 magnuse danielg++
10:47 gmcharlt danielg++
10:48 kf #agreed Daniel Grobani to continue as Newsletter Editor
10:48 BobB The new Koha team is awesome!
10:48 kf ok, I will mess with the sequence a bit today
10:48 slef :) next old bugs email in a bit, but rangi suggested a few
10:48 kf and ask for news about kohacon next
10:48 slef so I held off, to hope people will look at them
10:48 wizzyrea do you select those by hand?
10:49 kf #topic Kohacon2013
10:49 Topic for #koha is now Kohacon2013 (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:49 slef nah it's a script I probably ought to put on the wiki now it's stable
10:49 wizzyrea cooooool
10:49 slef or in our public git
10:49 kf someone here for kohacon?
10:49 magnuse putting_things_on_the_wiki++ :-)
10:49 rangi call for presentations deadline is 15 april
10:49 rangi 2 weeks!
10:49 wahanui somebody said 2 weeks was not good nor bad, but thinking makes it so.
10:49 rangi submit your talks
10:49 oleonard Waaay too early for the west coast
10:49 rangi hurry up
10:49 rangi i know where you live
10:49 rangi etc
10:49 kf #info only 2 weeks until presentations deadline!
10:50 tcohen is that a definitive deadline kf?
10:50 dcook joined #koha
10:50 thd How many presentations have proposed currently?
10:50 * oleonard solicits suggestions for UI/template/frontend presentations they might like to see
10:50 BobB hi dcook
10:50 rangi not many i think around 7 or 8 thd
10:51 dcook Hey BobB
10:51 rangi ppl always wait until the last minute tho
10:51 kf tcohen: They set a deadline to make it possible to plan, if you are not sure about it, maybe contact Nancy directly?
10:51 * magnuse needs to figure out if he will be able to go to reno or not...
10:51 rangi thats why you have to make deadlines
10:51 wizzyrea oleonard: eradicating yui, the bootstrap path to zen.
10:51 kf yep
10:51 wizzyrea or something.
10:51 tcohen thanks kf
10:51 rangi otherwise you get to october and ppl are still procrastinating :)
10:51 magnuse hehe
10:51 kf yeah, and noone can plan their trip because no program :)
10:51 rangi yep
10:52 wizzyrea you can always unconference!
10:52 * wizzyrea runs away giggling
10:52 kf ok, I think wemove on now :)
10:52 slef magnuse: comiserations. Pretty sure I won't, as another non-profit client seems to have gone nuts. They just offered to pay like a third of their bill :-/
10:52 dcook I'm up for presenting something. I just don't know what yet. Something for newbs
10:52 wizzyrea actually I like unconferences
10:52 jransom joined #koha
10:52 kf #topic Updates on 3.8 and 3.10
10:52 Topic for #koha is now Updates on 3.8 and 3.10 (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:53 kf rangi? still awake?
10:53 oleonard Hi jransom
10:53 slef wizzyrea: we might try to co-host a UK unconference this year. Tips welcome! ;)
10:53 kf ;)
10:53 magnuse slef: ouch!
10:53 wizzyrea oo fun
10:53 BobB hi jo!
10:53 jransom waves sleepily at everyone :)
10:53 wizzyrea hi jransom
10:53 cjh hey jransom
10:53 wahanui jransom is the boss at the library that started koha :-)
10:54 gmcharlt hi jransom
10:54 kf wahanui botsnack cookie
10:54 wahanui thanks kf :)
10:54 kf and hi jransom
10:54 rangi yep
10:54 magnuse (slef: the ouch was for the nutty client, not for the unconf, of course)
10:54 rangi both will be released on time
10:54 dcook Hey jransom. Good to see you again
10:54 rangi on the 22nd of april
10:54 slef magnuse: (I guessed.)
10:54 rangi nothing more to add really
10:54 kf rangi++
10:54 gmcharlt rangi++
10:54 jransom congrats galen yoy miver and shaker you - well deserved
10:55 magnuse rangi++
10:55 gmcharlt jransom: thanks! :)
10:55 kf #info 3.8.x and 3.10.x releases on schedule
10:55 kf jransom: and now also our next RM :)
10:55 wizzyrea rang++ many years of hard work, not enough karma in the world to make up for it
10:55 * kf hands wizzyrea an i
10:55 magnuse too true
10:55 wizzyrea rangi++ there we go
10:55 dcook Rangi++
10:55 kf ok, last
10:55 tcohen rangi++
10:55 kf #topic Update 3.12
10:55 Topic for #koha is now Update 3.12 (Meeting topic: Koha IRC Meeting)
10:55 jransom I saw that on twitter - and thus swung on by
10:56 dcook I offer beer in Reno :p
10:56 jcamins 3.12 is on schedule.
10:56 jcamins #info String freeze for 3.12 starts May 1
10:56 jcamins I am currently reporting a blocker which will result in the reversion of bug 7740 if it is not fixed with alacrity.
10:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7740 new feature, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Highlight items in own library in search results/detail page in OPAC
10:56 * magnuse tries to inspire himeself to translate 3.12
10:56 slef dcook: man cannot live by beer alone. But it's fun to try!
10:57 jcamins As we get closer and closer to release time, I will revert faster and faster, so if you find a blocker, fix it before I do!
10:57 jcamins And that's about it.
10:57 wizzyrea @quote add slef: man cannot live by beer alone. But it's fun to try!
10:57 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #239 added.
10:57 oleonard On the first try even wizzyrea!
10:57 * tcohen hears voices in his head, saying "unit teeeeestssss"
10:57 * wizzyrea made sure it would work
10:58 jcamins Any questions?
10:58 kf jcamins++
10:58 magnuse jcamins++
10:58 bgkriegel jcamins++
10:58 gmcharlt jcamins++
10:58 tcohen jcamins++
10:58 wizzyrea jcamins++
10:59 kf ok, no questions :)
10:59 wizzyrea 3.12 gonna be the best yet!
10:59 kf do we have anything else on the agenda that I missed? or can we set the date for the next meeting?
10:59 kf and please someone help to figure out the time correctly
10:59 slef kf: 02:00 UTC
11:00 kf ew
11:00 gmcharlt looks like all of the action items from the previous meeting have been handled
11:00 slef jcamins: please could you use the summary box on wiki edits?
11:00 jcamins slef: if I remember, sure.
11:00 rangi hmm little issue with 3.12
11:00 kf #info reminder: use summary box when editing wiki pages
11:00 rangi we should use more marc
11:00 wahanui http://02varvara.files.wordpre[…]no-bear.jpg?w=800
11:01 kf ok, date
11:01 magnuse lol
11:01 wizzyrea looool
11:01 kf next meeting will be in may
11:01 kf what about...
11:01 magnuse maybe we could store the borrowers as marc records?
11:01 kf 7th?
11:01 wahanui it has been said that 7th is worth a try
11:01 drojf magnuse: yay!
11:01 gmcharlt magnuse: there are systems that do that, actually
11:01 BobB magnuse: lol
11:01 kf thx wahanui
11:01 wahanui yw
11:02 * kf watis for objections
11:02 gmcharlt +1 Tuesday, 7 May
11:02 drojf a marcalendar would always know when to do a meeting
11:02 magnuse gmcharlt: moahahaha
11:02 kf #agreed Next Koha IRC Meeting will be Tuesday 7 May - 02:00 UTC
11:03 magnuse yay
11:03 kf #endmeeting
11:03 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 3 April 2013 at 10:00 UTC
11:03 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr  3 10:59:45 2013 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
11:03 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-04-03-10.04.html
11:03 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]3-04-03-10.04.txt
11:03 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]03-10.04.log.html
11:03 gmcharlt kf++
11:03 magnuse kf++
11:03 tcohen cait++
11:03 wizzyrea joined #koha
11:03 * gmcharlt stumbles back to bed
11:03 BobB 0200 UTC  is quite civilised if one is not a European or an African
11:03 oleonard gmcharlt: :P
11:03 * oleonard stumbles off to work
11:04 jcamins Well done.
11:04 jcamins Exactly one hour.
11:04 jransom bib: what time for you ?
11:04 kf jcamins: not too bad eh? :P
11:04 tajoli left #koha
11:04 dcook Irc while on phone in the rain means I'm totally not on the right street anymore...
11:04 BobB jransom, noon here
11:04 manny left #koha
11:04 jransom very civilized
11:04 * magnuse hands jcamins a s/bib/BobB/
11:04 jcamins magnuse: thanks...
11:05 kf time to have lunch before conference call
11:05 kf bbl :)
11:05 BobB I thought 'bib' was 'bob' with a kiwi accent.  :)
11:05 * thd returns to sleep for the third time this morning  :)
11:05 tcohen time to have breakfast bye
11:05 magnuse BobB: lol :-)
11:05 jransom lol
11:05 jransom night all
11:05 wahanui goodnight jransom. You'll be back.
11:05 BobB :)
11:06 BobB thanks everyone, good night.
11:06 drojf time to wake up
11:06 bgkriegel to work, bye
11:06 dcook Oh wow...I'm really walking in the opposite direction of home now
11:06 dcook .
11:06 * rangi goes to sleep
11:06 davidnind left #koha
11:06 dcook Night BobB
11:07 tcohen bye rangi
11:07 wizzyrea someone needs a hug.
11:07 wahanui http://media-cache-ec3.pintere[…]205a2a0819323.jpg
11:08 Franziska joined #koha
11:08 * wizzyrea goes to slee..zzzzzzzzzz
11:09 jcamins On the subject of presentations at KohaCon, anything folks would like to hear me talk about?
11:10 wizzyrea joined #koha
11:10 magnuse jcamins: the search rewrite?
11:10 wahanui the search rewrite is, like,[…]earch_Rewrite_RFC
11:10 dcook Hmm. Good question, jcamins
11:10 jcamins magnuse: ooh, not a bad idea.
11:11 dcook Actually yeah. It would be nice to learn more about how it currently works and your vision for it
11:12 * oleonard back soon
11:12 jcamins Currently it doesn't work. That's why I proposed a rewrite. :P
11:13 jcamins But, good point.
11:13 dcook :p
11:16 bigbrovar___ joined #koha
11:16 jcamins @later tell oleonard You know what might be nice? One of those static save bars on the patron edit screen.
11:16 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
11:22 magnuse heh, a math geek friend just pointed out this: "Since version 3, TeX has used an idiosyncratic version numbering system, where updates have been indicated by adding an extra digit at the end of the decimal, so that the version number asymptotically approaches π. This is a reflection of the fact that TeX is now very stable, and only minor updates are anticipated. The current version of TeX is 3.1415926; it was last updated in March 2008."
11:22 * magnuse does not think koha is quite ready for that though :-)
11:23 jcamins magnuse: probably not.
11:24 jenkins_koha Starting build #1134 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
11:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_9981' into 3.12-master <[…]9fd0712eb6d3add7f> / Bug 9981: Handle sort1 field when duplicating patron <[…]f0c0ed39f710b8df5> / Merge branch 'bug_4862' into 3.12-master <[…]tdiff;h=19d042a83
11:29 jaysql joined #koha
11:30 wahanui i heard koha was a free software ils see for more info
11:30 jaysql i found a bug in koha:)
11:31 dcook joined #koha
11:32 dcook_ joined #koha
11:32 jcamins jaysql: we generally try to keep the channel polite.
11:33 magnuse yay for network policy
11:33 dcook_ Convenient
11:33 dcook_ Ahhh! Big puddle
11:34 dcook_ Glad I didn't swear in frustration...
11:35 magnuse hehe
11:36 dcook_ Almost home. Time to log off.
11:36 dcook_ Eythian++
11:36 dcook_ Andchat is a neat app :)
11:36 dcook_ Night all :)
11:36 magnuse good night dcook_
11:38 drojf oh the candidate for tourette syndrome manager was late for the meeting
11:38 jcamins lol
11:38 jcamins We should get cait ops.
11:39 drojf yay, more power to the qam
11:39 jcamins All power to the QAM! Soviets! Whatever!
11:39 magnuse excellent idea
11:41 jwagner joined #koha
11:50 kf_lunch ?
11:50 kf_lunch yes, give me ops! :P
11:54 magnuse who does that?
11:54 jcamins I think rangi.
11:54 magnuse ah
11:58 magnuse hm, that's weird
11:58 jcamins Uh-oh.
11:58 magnuse yeah...
11:58 magnuse i upgraded the "master" package install
11:58 magnuse and get lots of db errors
11:59 jcamins Oh?
11:59 magnuse they are all Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<)
12:00 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt" (48 lines) at
12:00 magnuse current version is 3.11-1~git+20130328115425.5fe6d9f7
12:01 magnuse last update was during the hackfest, so ~2 weeks ago
12:01 jcamins Hm.
12:01 jcamins Could you have accidentally deleted the Version syspref?
12:01 magnuse lemme check
12:02 magnuse ah, the install is completely broken
12:02 magnuse only has 64 tables
12:02 jcamins That doesn't seem good.
12:04 magnuse nope
12:04 magnuse ah, the server was out of disk space for a while
12:04 jcamins That'd do it.
12:04 jcamins Or, could do it, anyway.
12:05 magnuse yeah, probably related
12:06 * magnuse drops and recreates the db
12:11 magnuse jcamins: will you do more beta packages? they are really good for testing things
12:11 jcamins magnuse: probably.
12:11 jcamins I don't have a particular milestone in mind at this point, but a lot more people install them than I expected.
12:12 magnuse i could build them myself, of course :-)
12:15 jcamins :)
12:16 * magnuse fires up virtualbox
12:24 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:24 tcohen joined #koha
12:32 tcohen morning #koha
12:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1134: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1134/
12:34 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 9971 - Plugins system is broken!
12:34 jenkins_koha * Chris Nighswonger: Bug 9535 - Patron card creator "Remove duplicates" function doesn't work
12:34 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9970 - Add datepicker default configuration to OPAC patron entry form
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9971 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Plugins system is broken!
12:34 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9877 - Use DataTables on funds administration page
12:34 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: Bug 9877: Followup: FIX if the table is empty.
12:34 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9683: Allow disable rewrite apache mod
12:34 jenkins_koha * Liz Rea: bug 4862 - Change label of Browse by subject or author to Authority search
12:34 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9981: Handle sort1 field when duplicating patron
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9535 major, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Pushed to Master , Patron card creator "Remove duplicates" function doesn't work
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9970 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add datepicker widget default configuration to OPAC patron entry form
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9877 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on funds administration page
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9683 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Allow disable rewrite apache mod
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4862 minor, P5 - low, ---, liz, Pushed to Master , "Browse by subject" is misnamed
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9981 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Sort1 not automatically cleared when duplicating a patron
12:36 magnuse success! \o/
12:37 jcamins 58 more patches to reach #5.
12:37 jcamins And I'll never hit #4.
12:42 magnuse sure you will!
12:42 magnuse just keep on hacking
12:42 jcamins I doubt it.
12:42 magnuse which stats are you looking at?
12:43 jcamins gmcharlt has 1300 patches, and he'll be the one doing the the merges starting soon.
12:43 jcamins​s/koha-master/authors.html
12:43 * jcamins is perfectly okay with cheating on his statistics and counting merge commits.
12:44 jcamins And git log.
12:44 jcamins git log --author=camins --pretty=oneline | wc
12:45 magnuse volunteer as rm lots of times in the future? :-)
12:45 jcamins lol
12:45 jcamins That does not seem likely, does it?
12:45 tcohen the vast majority wouldnt object i think, and we are a democratic community
12:45 jcamins Hehe.
12:46 jcamins Yes, but a small, vocal minority would.
12:46 * magnuse aspires to getting ahead of wizzyrea
12:46 jcamins Three patches to go!
12:46 * magnuse has been keeping an eye on the numbers on ohloh, which are different
12:48 jcamins They look about the same to me.
12:49 magnuse the git page says 72 for me, ohloh says 69
12:49 magnuse maybe ohloh is not quite up to date, though
12:49 jcamins Yeah, it's 9 days old.
12:50 magnuse ah, that would do it
12:52 magnuse oh well, time for walkies
12:52 magnuse or "wading through the snow"-ies
12:54 oleonard joined #koha
12:55 kf_lunch magnuse: don't get lost!
12:55 oleonard joined #koha
12:56 edveal joined #koha
12:56 * oleonard grumble grumble mibbit grumble
12:56 kf_lunch h oleonard :)
12:56 oleonard Someone seems to have blocked IRC on my network today.
12:57 kf_lunch ew
12:57 oleonard No idea who or why.
12:58 drojf to stop the terrorists
12:58 NateC joined #koha
12:59 mib_wedfwa joined #koha
12:59 alohabot Hi mib_wedfwa, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
13:01 mib_hello joined #koha
13:01 alohabot Hi mib_hello, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
13:03 mib_hello /msg nickserv Hoangthuy1
13:05 quocuy msg nickserv register Hoangthuy1
13:07 oleonard_ joined #koha
13:08 jcamins quocuy: you missed the forward slash at the beginning.
13:09 clkirby joined #koha
13:11 quocuy why/?
13:11 quocuy what time is it? i think 1 hour more will be the meeting?
13:12 oleonard 10UTC was three hours ago quocuy :(
13:13 quocuy ???
13:14 quocuy so i missed the meeting?
13:14 drojf yes
13:15 jcamins quocuy: you need to put a slash before the msg command.
13:15 drojf and you need to change your passwort
13:15 oleonard[…]ing,_3_April_2013 <-- links to the minutes and the log if you're interested quocuy
13:16 quocuy ok, thanks
13:16 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 7 May 2013 at 02:00 UTC
13:16 quocuy it's ok, i already did it :)
13:18 * oleonard prepares a vast tribute of riches to bestow upon the new RM, just to be on the safe side
13:18 tcohen how often are the squeeze-dev packages updated?
13:18 quocuy Ok AGREED: Live CD/DVD Manager: Nguyen Quoc Uy (kf, 10:40:10) i saw it
13:18 jcamins tcohen: about once a week.
13:19 jcamins Give or take.
13:19 tcohen 10:40:10 <kf> #agreed Live CD/DVD Manager: Nguyen Quoc Uy
13:19 oleonard quocuy: Yes, you don't have to be present to win :)
13:19 jcamins Indeed, we often prefer that people not be present, so that we can volunteer them for things.
13:19 quocuy ok, thanks :)
13:20 jcamins gmcharlt, for example.
13:20 jcamins Okay, not really. He did run for RM.
13:20 oleonard I didn't really think Bug 9887 would make it on the first try.
13:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9887 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Use DataTables on circulation page
13:20 * oleonard will try again
13:21 oleonard dcook++ # for testing
13:24 oleonard Congratulations duly-re-elected translations manager druthb
13:24 druthb o/
13:24 druthb Thanks, oleonard.
13:24 druthb I intended to be there, in the interest of not getting drafted for something *else*, but it just wasn't happenin'.
13:25 oleonard Everyone not present was bestowed the title "Co-bug-wrangler"
13:25 jcamins Except you, druthb.
13:25 jcamins You're chief bug wrangler.
13:26 druthb I hope you doubled my salary in the process.
13:26 jcamins Of course.
13:26 druthb wahoo!
13:26 oleonard What the heck, let's double it again!!
13:27 druthb oleonard++
13:28 quocuy i'll often be here, just today miss meeting about time. Ok i read all the meeting, you guys so humorous :)
13:30 jcamins Does anyone have an e-mail address for Chris Hall?
13:30 oleonard jcamins: Look in Bugzilla?
13:31 jcamins Mostly I'm seeing conversations between Chris Cormack and Kyle Hall.
13:31 jcamins Found it.
13:31 jcamins chrish.
13:31 * oleonard does all his snooping through Bugzilla
13:31 quocuy only 2 weeks until presentations deadline! what presentation? :)
13:31 oleonard KohaCon13
13:31 wahanui KohaCon13 is[…]KohaCon13_Summary
13:32 oleonard Where are you located quocuy?
13:32 druthb Guess Id better get mine put together then, hm.  I promised Nancy a preso.
13:32 jcamins druthb: I'm not sure what I'm talking about.
13:32 jcamins Someone suggested the search rewrite.
13:32 quocuy i'm in russia
13:33 quocuy so it seem i can't help?
13:33 druthb I know vaguely what I'm gonna do, jcamins, just haven't figured out an abstract for it.
13:33 druthb Or a title.
13:33 wahanui well, a title is right in the breadcrumbs
13:33 jcamins Oh?
13:33 oleonard wahanui: That means the title is rattling around in my keyboard?
13:33 wahanui i haven't a clue, oleonard
13:34 druthb wahanui:  botsnack rat poison
13:34 wahanui :)
13:34 * druthb chuckles evilly.
13:34 jcamins I need to figure out what part of KohaCon I'm going for.
13:35 druthb jcamins: Yah.  I want to talk about what development has been done/is being done/needs to be done toward a truly multilingual Koha.
13:36 aquaman joined #koha
13:36 oleonard Are the already-submitted proposals available to see somewhere?
13:40 quocuy sorry all, an old question, is there some way to change header and footer on OPAC for each branch library?
13:41 quocuy today, some one told me that, it's possible do it with changing something in apache and mysql.
13:42 jcamins There is a way to do that, using an environment variable, but I don't remember exactly how off the top of my head.
13:43 quocuy there is no guide in the internet, i think.
13:43 quocuy i have search and ask about changing template depend on branches libraries
13:44 druthb 488 round trip from IAH via AA, 472 via UA.
13:44 quocuy now my poor VPS working with 25 Koha-site, almost they used it to test before using, with one installation
13:45 druthb sheesh.  plane tix are outrageous!
13:45 jcamins They sure are.
13:46 magnuse if we all spent the money we spend on planetix on developing teleportation instead...
13:47 * magnuse uses the -r option to build-git-snapshot and gets some files in the destination dir and some in the dir above the current dir
13:48 jcamins magnuse: yeah, that happens to me too.
13:48 oleonard magnuse: ...we could all be human flies by now?
13:49 magnuse oleonard: that, or we could spend some time debugging it too
13:49 druthb Amtrak: Bus and train, 51 hours from Houston to Reno, 67 hours back, $279 each way.  Never mind that.
13:50 magnuse druthb: lots of time for hacking ;-)
13:50 druthb no internet.
13:50 magnuse gah
13:50 druthb Also no showers.  Bad idea, for this fat chick.
13:50 magnuse bring a long cable
13:52 oleonard Hah, internet on a train in America? :P
13:54 druthb There are some.
13:54 jcamins Yes, they all involve tethering. :P
13:55 druthb The Northeast Corridor and Acela service do, and they've recently added it on the Sunset Limited.
13:58 tcohen joined #koha
13:59 maximep joined #koha
14:02 rambutan joined #koha
14:06 magnuse bug 9985
14:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9985 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , The -r option to build-git-snapshot works only half way
14:07 talljoy joined #koha
14:09 sophie_m joined #koha
14:11 kf_lunch jcamins: cjh
14:12 druthb Hi, kf_lunch.
14:12 magnuse ooh, 10k-15
14:13 kf_lunch magnuse: ?
14:13 * kf_lunch nick kf
14:14 * druthb chuckles.
14:14 magnuse 10000 - 15
14:14 wahanui 9985
14:15 magnuse hm, what's the policy about me closing bugs i reported and patched?
14:16 gmcharlt magnuse: if the patches were committed to the relevant release branches, I don't think there's any reason why you can't close those bugs
14:16 gmcharlt if I'm understanding your question correctly
14:16 * magnuse gotta run, will look for replies later
14:16 kf_lunch ^^ agreed
14:16 druthb +1
14:16 magnuse thanks gmcharlt and kf
14:16 kf_lunch and for normarc noone else will... so
14:17 oleonard Is the answer different if it's about bugs reported by someone else being closed by the patch-submitter?
14:18 kf_lunch i think we once said ideally the bug reporter should close
14:18 kf_lunch but I don't see that happening
14:18 kf_lunch I personally think we should automatically close all bugs after release that were pushed to this version.
14:18 kf_lunch hm not sure that sentence makes sense :)
14:18 * oleonard got it
14:19 kf_lunch :)
14:19 kf_lunch and now I have to
14:19 talljoy1 joined #koha
14:19 oleonard And that idea makes sense too, since after something is "pushed to master" any bugs found should be addressed in a new bug report
14:19 kf_lunch yep
14:19 kf_lunch and it will clean up the bug lists when you search for something
14:21 tcohen i was told that being rmaint meant free cookies, where do i get them?
14:21 drnoe joined #koha
14:21 jcamins tcohen: when I was rmaint, you baked them yourself. :P
14:21 druthb at KohaCon, tcohen.
14:23 tcohen hmmm
14:23 druthb wahanui:   cookies?
14:23 wahanui Cookies are delicious delicacies
14:23 druthb well, okay.
14:24 jcamins magnuse: close 'em!
14:24 jcamins Even if someone else opened the bug.
14:24 jcamins Reporters never close their own bugs.
14:24 gmcharlt (would be nice if more reporters did, though)
14:25 kf_lunch left #koha
14:31 jcamins gmcharlt: it would be, but we have hundreds or thousands of bugs that haven't been closed because the reporters never do.
14:31 * jcamins heads to distant Brooklyn.
14:32 tcohen it is not always clear if they shuold be closed
14:32 gmcharlt jcamins: indeed; reporters closing their bugs (after testing to confirm that the issue has been resolved) is just an ideal
14:33 tcohen several times i just didn't know if the bug should remain open for the previous versions release maintainers
14:33 tcohen so they know about it
14:34 gmcharlt hmm, yeah, that is one thing I like about Launchpad -- it makes it easy to keep track of the status of a bug on multiple release branches
14:34 tcohen should we close bugs as soon as they've hit master?
14:35 * gmcharlt makes a note to see if we can figure out a way to get bz to do that more easily
14:41 oleonard I'd like to see this question followed up on. The list of bugs reported by me which are "patch pushed" are mostly assigned to me as well.
14:41 oleonard The question about maintenance releases sounds tricky, unless they're clearly enhancements.
14:58 paul_p joined #koha
15:06 nengard joined #koha
15:06 tcohen joined #koha
15:07 * druthb hands tcohen the Velcro, and waves to nengard
15:08 nengard hiya druthb and all
15:08 tcohen hi nengard
15:09 tcohen recently re-elected documentation manager
15:11 nengard :)
15:11 mtompset joined #koha
15:11 nengard not much of a surprise
15:11 nengard but I am happy to continue doing it :)
15:11 tcohen heh
15:11 nengard it's fun for me
15:11 mtompset Greetings, nengard. :)
15:11 mtompset Greeting, tcohen.
15:11 mtompset Congrats again on the RM position.
15:11 tcohen RMaint
15:12 mtompset Maint, Maint... next you'll be RManager in a few short months. ;)
15:13 tcohen I am not THAT crazy
15:13 tcohen heh
15:18 reiveune bye
15:18 reiveune left #koha
15:20 quocuy hi nelgard
15:21 quocuy You are my idol:)
15:21 quocuy i often watched your video before
15:22 mtompset nengard is the monarch of documentation! :)
15:22 nengard :)
15:29 quocuy i know :)
15:36 jwagner joined #koha
15:50 nengard Thanks quocuy :)
15:54 jenkins_koha Starting build #36 for job Koha_Docs_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:54 jenkins_koha Starting build #317 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs_3.10.x build #36: SUCCESS in 19 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]a_Docs_3.10.x/36/
15:55 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add holds faq
15:55 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #317: SUCCESS in 18 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/317/
15:55 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add holds faq
15:58 cait joined #koha
15:59 * oleonard congratulates cait on surviving the dentist
16:04 melia joined #koha
16:05 oleonard If something is checked out shouldn't it always have items.onloan = 1?
16:06 oleonard I mean = <date> ?
16:06 cait oleonard: I came out with 2 more appointments...
16:06 cait so that might be too early to congratulate me
16:06 oleonard :(
16:06 cait oleonard: yep it should
16:06 cait and if ti doesn't - we got a bigger problem
16:07 cait bbl
16:11 gmcharlt call for information:[…]ha-stand-counted/
16:11 oleonard onloan is getting set to NULL when the item is marked 'long overdue (lost)'
16:12 oleonard Seems like a bug to me.
16:25 talljoy joined #koha
16:25 talljoy @seen bag
16:25 huginn talljoy: bag was last seen in #koha 13 hours, 4 minutes, and 30 seconds ago: <bag> heh
16:36 gerundio joined #koha
16:39 talljoy1 joined #koha
16:42 cait_afk oleonard: hm maybe it should be removed from the patron account too?
16:43 oleonard Not the way we use it.
16:44 talljoy2 joined #koha
16:47 rambutan test
16:47 rambutan gmcharlt's survey is racking up responses already
16:55 drojf opac time limit?
16:56 oleonard drojf: timeout system pref?
16:56 drojf oleonard: i mean[…]-1/#comment-17259
16:57 drojf or i misunderstand and that is about general internet access being limited
16:57 oleonard drojf: For managing public computer usage
16:57 oleonard And yes, general internet access
16:57 drojf ok that makes more sense than "you got three minutes, get your books NOW NOW NOW!" :D
16:58 gmcharlt heh
16:59 gmcharlt dunno, maybe that should be an added option to Koha to join the gamification of the library bandwagon
16:59 gmcharlt book races!
16:59 drojf yay :)
17:02 drojf speaking of gamification, i would still like to see ghosts walking through the libraries, and pills in the corners turning them blue for a while
17:04 gmcharlt reminds me of the Evanston Public Library; when they remodeled a while back, the director had the builders put in a few easter eggs in the children's room
17:04 gmcharlt e.g., touching a specific spot on a column would make nature sounds play
17:05 drojf heh that's cool
17:06 tcohen jcamins, can I sign on wizzyrea's folowup for bug 9894 or should a third party do?
17:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9894 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , 'hidden' value is hard to understand in frameworks
17:07 drojf if i'd design a library i'd put in some secret rooms with doors that only turn once you touch that one special book. offering fancy secret reading rooms with different themes
17:08 drojf a library or my future house ;)
17:10 rambutan and make the "magic book" remotely programmable, so that it can be changed periodically?
17:11 rambutan you know, an arduino or Pi could do this--trip a release on the door or something simple
17:14 drojf i'm getting way too many ideas about that :)
17:15 oleonard tcohen: That's okay as far as I know
17:16 cait_afk tcohen: all ok
17:17 jcamins tcohen: please do.
17:20 * drojf goes home
17:23 drnoe joined #koha
17:37 tcohen cait_afk, jcamins: am i allowed to do a small fix to the patch when signing?
17:37 cait_afk it depends a bit on the fix
17:37 cait_afk what's wrong? :)
17:38 tcohen it is not behaving correctly when drawing the page with info from the DB (i.e. the -8 value)
17:38 cait_afk um
17:38 cait_afk not sure
17:38 tcohen it works fine when changing stuff from the UI
17:38 cait_afk maybe afollow up?
17:39 tcohen I'll send wizzyrea the patch so she re attachs it
17:39 tcohen its simpler
17:58 gerundio joined #koha
18:04 rambutan joined #koha
18:07 celery joined #koha
18:13 celery left #koha
18:17 talljoy joined #koha
18:24 gaetan_B joined #koha
18:30 drnoe joined #koha
18:31 tcohen joined #koha
18:44 tcohen joined #koha
18:49 magnuse yeah, a status that says "this patch has been pushed to master and the rmaint has looked at it and will not include it in the stable release" or something similar would be nice - make it easier to close bugs that are just "pushed to stable"
18:49 magnuse gah
18:49 magnuse *that are just "pushed to master"
18:50 cait_afk hm I think if they are pushed to master and enh you can close
18:50 cait_afk and have been sitting there for a while - rangi looks at the queue all the time
18:50 magnuse yeah, but how long is a while, especially around easter...
18:51 cait_afk I think he has caught up
18:51 drojf joined #koha
18:51 cait_afk but maybe leave him a note? guess he shoudl be around soon
18:51 cait_afk wb drojf
18:51 drojf thx cait_afk
18:51 * cait_afk gives up
18:51 * cait_afk nick cait
18:51 magnuse welcome back, cait ;-)
18:51 cait hmpf :)
18:52 drojf heh
18:54 magnuse @later tell rangi: planning to push Bug 9772 - "Displayed Norwegian chars correctly in the patron category dropdown on the Patrons page" to stable? if not, i'll close it
18:54 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
19:01 talljoy1 joined #koha
19:09 jenkins_koha Starting build #318 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:09 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #318: SUCCESS in 17 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/318/
19:09 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: update circ and fine rules
19:10 bag good day
19:10 cait hi bag
19:10 bag heya cait
19:10 cait you got elected ;)
19:11 bag coolness
19:11 wahanui i think coolness is a factor way the hell down druthb's list, though it's on there.  The ability to do druthb's editing in druthb's Editor Of Choice instead of that wonky one in WP was a big selling point, as was being able to version-control the whole site with git, and automate the upload.  So far, I'm happy as a clam with this.  I've got about another hours's work, and it'll be ready for me to throw WP overboard.
19:11 jcamins lol
19:11 bag now you'll be asking me more questions :P  (which is a good thing :) )
19:11 cait um
19:11 cait hm? questions?
19:12 bag well more like can you QA something dood :P
19:12 bag not so much questions :)
19:12 cait oh I will try :)
19:12 cait learn to delegate is top on my list :)
19:12 bag looking forward to it
19:12 bag I'm a newbie so we'll start me off slowly :)
19:14 cait I think coding guidelines and qa script are good places to start :)
19:16 druthb d00d!
19:18 cait bag: but beware of the super powers that come with the job... finding bugs everywhere!
19:21 drojf koha…has…bugs? nooooo!
19:25 magnuse hiya bag!
19:25 bag hey magnuse
19:25 wahanui i think magnuse is a Norwegian giant.
19:25 magnuse yay!
19:25 rangi morning
19:26 cait morning rangi :)
19:26 magnuse kia ora rangi!
19:26 cait wahanui: yeah, he totally is!
19:26 wahanui cait: excuse me?
19:26 cait wahanui, i agreed with you!
19:26 wahanui cait: what?
19:26 cait must be the rat poison druthb fed you... poor bot
19:26 rangi heh
19:26 rangi magnuse: huginn is trying to tell rangi:  something :)
19:27 druthb wahanui:  botsnack milk & cookies
19:27 wahanui :)
19:27 druthb cait:  QAMsnack grilled cheese
19:27 magnuse rangi: planning to push Bug 9772 - "Displayed Norwegian chars correctly in the patron category dropdown on the Patrons page" to stable? if not, i'll close it
19:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9772 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Displayed Norwegian chars correctly in the patron category dropdown on the Patrons page
19:28 cait yum
19:28 rangi ah yep lemme check it applies
19:28 magnuse what huginn was trying to say
19:29 * magnuse tries to find useful koha-stuff to do, instead of all the catching up on other things he *ought* to be doing
19:29 rangi :)
19:29 mib_hello joined #koha
19:29 alohabot Hi mib_hello, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
19:31 rangi there we go, it doesnt apply clean
19:34 magnuse thanks rangi, i'll try and do a new patch
19:34 nengard left #koha
19:35 kathryn joined #koha
19:36 magnuse ...but probably not tonight
19:37 rangi :)
19:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #93 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:46 kathryn hi all :)
19:47 cait hi kathryn :)
19:47 drnoe2 joined #koha
19:47 kathryn hiya cait
19:54 * magnuse cheers Bug 9172 on
19:54 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
20:00 drojf1 joined #koha
20:01 rambutan joined #koha
20:10 drnoe joined #koha
20:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #93: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/93/
20:20 jenkins_koha Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9554: single quote in didyoumean
20:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9554 normal, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , single quote in didyoumean
20:21 oleonard I'd better stop my incessant chatter and get out of here.
20:21 oleonard Bye #koha
20:21 rangi heh
20:21 rangi cya oleonard
20:25 gerundio joined #koha
20:36 bgkriegel joined #koha
21:12 talljoy joined #koha
21:20 eythian hi
21:20 wahanui bonjour, eythian
21:24 rambutan hi
21:24 wahanui niihau, rambutan
21:24 rambutan 안녕 wahanui
21:28 talljoy1 joined #koha
21:45 cait left #koha
22:04 drnoe left #koha
22:19 rambutan joined #koha
22:20 cjh morning-is
22:20 cjh h
22:21 dcook joined #koha
22:37 MrAgent075 joined #koha
22:40 aquaman joined #koha
22:42 rambutan[…]17,2417399,00.asp
23:01 aquaman1 joined #koha
23:02 rambutan @seen nengard
23:02 huginn rambutan: nengard was last seen in #koha 7 hours, 11 minutes, and 32 seconds ago: <nengard> Thanks quocuy :)
23:12 maximep left #koha
23:16 laurence left #koha
23:25 qu-bit joined #koha
23:34 sivoais_ joined #koha
23:35 aquaman joined #koha
23:50 jcamins Number 3460 in the mtgox verification queue!
23:58 aquaman joined #koha
23:59 jcamins LC offers Z39.50 access to authorities?
23:59 jcamins Cool!
23:59 rangi it does? that is handy

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary