IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 mtj so, i guess the patch could be rewritten to force perl-module selection, rather than ignore it
00:00 Irma joined #koha
00:00 eythian no, it should ignore it
00:01 eythian >  Other packages should not depend on `perl-modules' directly, they
00:01 eythian should use `perl' (which depends on `perl-modules') instead.
00:02 eythian Also, perl-modules has a bunch of "conflicts" and "replaces" which I'm a little afraid will make things quite complex
00:02 eythian however I'll ask the debian perl people, see what they say
00:02 mtj hmm, i mean ignore the alternate 'newer' package, and use the older module in perl-module
00:03 mtj … as the alternate 'newer' package may not get security updates
00:03 jcamins lol
00:03 jcamins This is awesome.
00:04 jcamins "And today, April 1, 2013 my library switches to creating only new RDA records. Hooray!!!"
00:04 rangi id just stick with perl-modules, it gets much more eyes on it
00:04 rangi so safer
00:04 jcamins I'm not sure if that's intended to be an April Fool's joke or not, but it's hysterically funny either way.
00:04 mtj rangi, yeah, i think i agree now too
00:05 mtj jcamins, its a good one  :p ^^
00:05 rangi :)
00:07 mtj i'll rewrite the patch so it selects the perl-module version, rather than the alternative version
00:07 eythian no don't
00:07 eythian if it's in perl-modules it should ignore it
00:08 eythian see the comment on apt-cache show perl-modules
00:08 eythian (I'm not sure if we're doing that now, but we probably should be)
00:08 jcamins I don't think we are.
00:08 mtj eythian, what comment where?
00:08 jcamins We have libcgi-perl | perl-modules in the control file
00:09 jcamins I think.
00:09 eythian mtj: the comment that says you shouldn't depend on it
00:10 eythian jcamins: hmm. That's probably not the most best thing to do
00:10 mtj ah, click
00:12 jcamins Wow, you know what I have decided I don't like?
00:12 eythian spaghetti?
00:12 eythian why don't you like spaghetti, jcamins?
00:12 jcamins No, I was thinking the fact that HTML5 is not a subset of XML.
00:12 eythian what did it do to you?
00:12 eythian oh, yeah. that's by design I think
00:12 jcamins Yes, because w3c hates me.
00:13 eythian It's probably personal.
00:13 jcamins Oh, I know it's personal.
00:13 mtj eythian, i think i understand what you are suggesting
00:14 mtj there's no need to explicitly list the perl-modules package, because its a dep of the perl package
00:14 eythian mtj: I'll talk to the debian perl folks, see what they recommend.
00:14 eythian yeah
00:15 mtj cool
00:16 eythian jcamins: I have issues with XML being used for HTML. On one hand, it's good and precise. On the other, it's really easy to mess up and cause the whole document to not render.
00:16 jcamins If HTML5 isn't really XML-compatible, it seems kind of silly to use XML as the basic storage format.
00:16 jcamins Better to use JSON natively.
00:17 mtj everyone agrees that removing the current 'either|or' lines from the control file is a good thing?
00:17 jcamins Except, oh, wait, there's no agreed-upon way to serialize an HTML5 DOM tree to JSON?
00:17 jcamins Nnnnnngggggg.
00:17 eythian mtj: I'm not sure
00:17 mtj ok ok
00:18 jcamins eythian: in principle I get it. In practice, it feels like they pulled the carpet out from under us without bothering to check if there was a floor underneath the carpet.
00:18 eythian mtj: keep in mind we have to support a few different distros, so we can't always expect that everything is the same in perl-modules
00:18 eythian on the other hand, we sorta do expect that and it seems to work.
00:20 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1132: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1132/
00:20 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9443 [Revised] Use DataTables on MARC frameworks administration
00:20 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 8943 - Add table sorting to labels
00:20 jenkins_koha * Kyle M Hall: Bug 8943 - Add table sorting to labels - Followup - Sort pulldowns in batch export.
00:20 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9917 - Routing list tab on patron account should depend on syspref/permission
00:20 jcamins Do I look like someone who wants to write a DOM de-/serializer?
00:20 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9954 - CVS profile encoding not selected in edition
00:20 jenkins_koha * Jonathan Druart: But 9791: Remove single pixel on datatable tables
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9443 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Use DataTables on MARC frameworks administration page
00:20 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9946 - opac-topissues with no time limit
00:20 jenkins_koha * Dobrica Pavlinusic: Bug 6554 - make Koha internally utf-8 clean
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8943 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to Master , Add table sorting to labels
00:20 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 6554 QA Followup
00:20 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 6554: Followup for serial search
00:20 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 6554: Followup for acquisitions
00:20 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 6554: Followup for
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9917 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Master , Routing list tab on patron account should depend on syspref/permission
00:20 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 6554 Followup for circulation patron search
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9954 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , CSV profile encoding not selected on editing
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9946 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , opac-topissues with no time limit
00:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6554 critical, P3, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , Resolve encoding problems with corrected UTF8 handling in templates
00:20 jcamins Too close to midnight.
00:20 eythian jcamins: I'm sure that it's already been done
00:20 dcook joined #koha
00:21 jcamins eythian: me too. I'm searching for an implementation as we speak.
00:21 dcook allo #koha
00:21 eythian jquery might have one
00:23 jcamins That'd be useful.
00:23 mtj jcamins, eythian : thanks for the packaging advice, too
00:23 jcamins Unfortunately it seems not to.
00:23 * jcamins grumbles.
00:28 jcamins Here I found something... and I don't like it.
00:29 jcamins Everyone seems to have conveniently ignored the fact that HTML5 != XHTML
00:30 jcamins "Just treat it like XML" is a great way to end up with a non-round-trip-able object.
00:32 eythian ah, joy
00:34 BobB joined #koha
01:52 jcamins In what world is the Document Object Model anything other than profoundly stupid?
01:53 jcamins I hadn't appreciated quite how... astonishing... the stupidity of that model is.
01:54 dcook O_o
01:55 eythian it is really quite something special
01:59 eythian in what context have I seen strings like "u-nz---" before?
02:01 jcamins eythian: 043
02:03 eythian jcamins: thanks, I was thinking perhaps I was misassociating it with punycode or similar
02:19 eythian > Private OPAC requires authentification before accessing the OPAC.
02:19 eythian That's not a word!
02:19 mib_xble6z jcamins, are u there?
02:20 dcook hehe
02:20 mib_xble6z i'm installing ilbot on ubuntu server
02:20 mib_xble6z hello
02:20 wahanui privet, mib_xble6z
02:20 mib_xble6z and when i go to i got this error
02:20 cjh authentification sounds secure.
02:20 mib_xble6z Can't locate in @INC (@INC contains: lib /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at /var/www/dreamlib/irc/ line 8. BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /var/www/dreamlib/irc/ line 8.
02:21 mib_xble6z privet
02:21 mib_xble6z kak ti?
02:21 mib_xble6z wahanui
02:21 wahanui yes, mib_xble6z?
02:21 mib_xble6z wait me join again
02:22 quocuy joined #koha
02:22 quocuy hello
02:22 quocuy can you check my website at ?
02:23 eythian you probably need to find whatever provides and install it
02:23 quocuy got error with
02:23 quocuy yes, i used apt-file search
02:23 quocuy but can't find it
02:25 cjh is provided in ilbot/lib, so you prob need to set PERL5LIB path to include wherever ilbot/lib is installed
02:25 quocuy ah, understand, and how can i do that?
02:26 quocuy copy to these folder, which was shown?
02:26 eythian No.
02:26 eythian you need to set up your perl path to find your log bot.
02:27 cjh quocuy: you probably want your apache config to have a line like SetEnv PERL5LIB "/path/to/illib/lib"
02:27 quocuy ok, i'll try it now.
02:27 eythian it's possibly set up in .htaccess
02:29 quocuy .htaccess in folder cgi?
02:29 eythian the one that the instructions refer to
02:30 quocuy yes
02:33 quocuy i add that line into /etc/apache2/apache2.conf, and reload, but nothing happens
02:35 cjh quocuy: you need to restart apache after making changes to apache config
02:35 cjh quocuy: on debian systems: sudo service apache2 restart
02:37 eythian if you put it there, what did you do with the .htaccess?
02:40 quocuy Can't locate in @INC (@INC contains: lib /home/koha/Dropbox/ilbot-master/lib
02:40 quocuy .htaccess i didn't do so much, make a password and username for
02:41 cjh does the user it is running as have permissions to acess home/koha/Dropbox/ilbot-master/lib ?
02:42 eythian it's probably running from a different directory
02:42 eythian we can't tell from that error
02:43 quocuy aha, let me change that directory
02:49 quocuy You were right, i copied folder to another location, it pass that error, and now, another :(
02:52 jcamins Javascript arrays/objects are another weird thing.
02:53 quocuy it looks lbad, right? I have no idea. I follow his guide till now.
02:54 eythian jcamins: they are pretty odd things
02:54 eythian like a lot of javascript
02:54 eythian quocuy: there are two errors there, fix the actual one first.
02:55 quocuy you can check here , there are lot of things, but this guide need to use only 2 folder, cgi and lib
02:55 jcamins If I have an object like this: { 'thing': { 'children': [ ... ] } there doesn't be any way to get 'thing'
02:55 quocuy why another one stay there?
02:56 jcamins *doesn't seem to be
02:56 quocuy where can i get started to fix these error?
02:57 wizzyrea jcamins isn't it impossibly late for you
02:57 cjh jcamins: do you mean the value of thing, or the key 'thing' ?
02:57 jcamins wizzyrea: it's not even 11.
02:57 jcamins cjh: the key 'thing'
02:57 wizzyrea oh. ok.
02:57 cjh jcamins: assuming this is js, you can iterate over every key in an object
02:58 jcamins cjh: that's what I thought.
02:58 cjh for( var key in obj ) /* where obj is the obj in question */
02:58 cjh jcamins: does this not work?
02:59 jcamins cjh: okay...
02:59 jcamins that's weird.
02:59 cjh you may also want to test obj.hasOwnProperty(key) to make sure it isnt inherited
02:59 cjh jcamins: now that you are talking about it, it suddently works?
02:59 jcamins cjh: no.
02:59 jcamins It's now in an infinite loop.
03:00 eythian quocuy: the error says your missing a file, you're probably missing a file.
03:01 eythian quocuy: also note that this isn't an ilbot help channel, so we're probably not able to be very helpful. We can only tell you things that are obvious anyway.
03:01 jcamins There we go.
03:01 jcamins It's out of the loop.
03:01 eythian jcamins: welcome to javascript
03:01 cjh heh
03:01 quocuy yes
03:02 jcamins ... and the properties do not match the object I'm looking at.
03:02 jcamins Grr.
03:02 quocuy ok, i really appriciate
03:03 quocuy maybe need more time to google. That man, he wrote a short guide, not clear as koha-guide :)
03:04 quocuy it's hard for someone not professional like me to do exctly
03:04 jcamins It lists 0, length, prevObject, and context
03:04 eythian jcamins: if it's a browser DOM object, it may be full of all manner of crazy
03:04 jcamins eythian: it's not. I created it.
03:04 eythian ah
03:05 eythian perhaps they came from the prototype
03:05 cjh jcamins: when you said 'the properties do not match the object I'm looking at', what did you mean?
03:06 pastebot Someone at pasted "el = [Object article: Array[0]" (6 lines) at
03:06 jcamins cjh: ^^
03:07 jcamins Ah-ha.
03:07 jcamins el[0] is the object that I was expecting.
03:08 jcamins Ummm...
03:08 jcamins why?
03:08 jcamins Ah-ha.
03:08 jcamins I see.
03:08 jcamins Talk about weird.
03:08 jcamins *Everything* is in an extra array.
03:09 eythian <eythian> jcamins: welcome to javascript
03:09 jcamins lol
03:09 jcamins Thanks.
03:10 eythian you're not somehow creating an extra array?
03:10 eythian I don't see how, but...
03:11 jcamins I must be.
03:11 jcamins But I don't really care, just so long as it is consistent, which it seems to be.
03:12 eythian I've always done it by going var foo = new Array(); and then putting things in
03:12 eythian or new Array(a,b,c)
03:12 eythian although I suppose you want a hash, not an array really
03:12 eythian hey
03:12 eythian shouldn't it then be el={a:'a', b:'b'};
03:12 eythian ?
03:13 eythian rather than [ ... ]
03:13 cjh if it is an array of 3 parts, it should have commas. I am not quite sure what that syntax is.
03:13 jcamins eythian: yes, but I created it using curly braces.
03:13 jcamins That was what Chrome displayed.
03:13 eythian jcamins: your pastebin suggests otherwise.
03:13 eythian hmm
03:14 jcamins You're right.
03:14 jcamins el[0] is displayed by Chrome with curly braces.
03:14 jcamins Oh well.
03:17 jcamins I hate Javascript.
03:17 cjh heh
03:17 jcamins Actually, I hate all web programming.
03:17 jcamins It actually makes win32 look pleasant.
03:18 mtj no HEREDOC in javascript, is my latest peeve :/
03:19 jcamins Mine is "recursing over any sort of tree structure in order to create an object is basically pointless because Javascript will add DOM properties to a string."
03:19 jcamins It's a string.
03:19 jcamins It says "G.C."
03:20 quocuy sorry all, i found these chat on google
03:20 quocuy 21:53 Alex-SF      i get an error page 21:53 Alex-SF      "This page contains the following errors: 21:53 Alex-SF      error on line 2 at column 1: Extra content at the end of the document 21:53 Alex-SF      Below is a rendering of the page up to the first error." 21:53 mlei         ah, yeah, index isn't updated yet 21:53 mlei         i'm not sure how often m
03:20 jcamins So why does it have five million properties?
03:21 quocuy "i'm not sure how often mysql updates the index"
03:21 eythian jcamins: it's a string object, don't forget
03:22 eythian objects are supposed to have a bunch of fields
03:22 eythian "supposed"
03:22 quocuy i created ilbot.mysql, but maybe i need import the ilbot.mysql, which i downloaded?
03:22 jcamins quocuy: MySQL doesn't update indexes. MySQL is just a database.
03:23 MrAgent075 joined #koha
03:23 jcamins eythian: right... I return to my original thesis.
03:23 jcamins Javascript sucks.
03:26 * MrAgent075 is thinking about Responsive Design on Koha.
03:26 jcamins MrAgent075: avoid Javascript. It is the devil.
03:26 wizzyrea oh boy.
03:27 cjh heh
03:27 MrAgent075 jcamins: Totally Agree on That. The Language is just too damn confusing to work with. [commences High-5]
03:28 eythian I actually don't mind it too much outside a browser. But it's by no means a favourite.
03:28 jcamins eythian: outside a browser I don't use Javascript. :P
03:29 cjh fwiw: I think it is theoretically a nice language, I just hate how it is used :)
03:29 eythian I once built a system that embedded an API accessed through Rhino for end users to include javascript snippets.
03:29 jcamins cjh: theoretically, it's fine, but theory doesn't involve me using it.
03:30 jcamins All I want to do is iterate through a DOM tree and create a Javascript tree structure.
03:30 eythian also so we could do rapid modification without a code/compile/deploy phase.
03:30 eythian YOU ASK TOO MUCH!
03:30 jcamins That does not require that I copy EVERY SINGLE PROPERTY IN THE DOM.
03:30 jcamins Yeah, I know.
03:30 wizzyrea did you see the thing
03:30 eythian jcamins: wait, is this actually a DOM tree?
03:30 wizzyrea where they did fabric physics with javascript?
03:31 eythian wizzyrea: I build a video markup system in javascript+xml too :)
03:31 jcamins eythian: I'm starting over again, so, yeah, I'm back to a DOM tree.
03:31 eythian ah right, I was going to say then you should use the DOM methods
03:31 eythian which suck, but should work
03:31 jcamins Yeah, I did.
03:31 wizzyrea
03:31 jcamins And it seemed to work.
03:31 jcamins But going the other way isn't working, so I'm just starting over.
03:32 * jcamins tears the fabric to bits.
03:32 jcamins Am I missing something obvious?
03:33 jcamins I feel like lots of people should have written snippets to traverse the DOM.
03:33 eythian[…]hrough-a-dom-tree <-- like that?
03:34 * jcamins looks.
03:35 jcamins Well, good news.
03:35 wahanui rumour has it good news is it looks like it's running properly
03:35 jcamins That looks almost exactly like the code I just deleted in a fit of pique.
03:35 * MrAgent075 is questioning tearing fabric to bits, unless they will serve a greater purpose in later future.
03:35 eythian heh
03:36 jcamins The bad news, of course, is that this probably won't help in this case.
03:36 * jcamins uses it again anyway.
03:37 jcamins Any idea what the _SU3 means?
03:38 eythian I have no idea, might just be where the code was pasted from
03:38 eythian[…]?p=20991&seqNum=6 <-- you could try this jcamins :D
03:40 jcamins I hated VBScript too.
03:42 mtj jcamins, fwiw, i think i started using jquery for DOM stuff
03:42 jcamins mtj: yeah, my version was jQuery based but did the same thing.
03:42 jcamins I couldn't care less whether it uses DOM directly or uses jQuery.
03:42 mtj
03:42 mtj theres a bunch of DOM stuff there… ^^
03:43 jcamins Yeah, but the problem is not really the traversing.
03:43 jcamins It's doing something with the traversed elements.
03:44 mtj aah, ok
03:44 jcamins Ooh, I finally came up with the right keywords.
03:44 jcamins[…]e-object-from-dom
03:45 jcamins "javascript dom walkable object"
03:45 jcamins No, please don't ask me how I came up with that.
03:46 eythian How did you...oh
03:46 jcamins lol
03:56 jcamins Right...
03:56 jcamins This time it created an object without any extraneous properties.
03:56 jcamins That is good.
03:56 jcamins Unfortunately, now I can't seem to get any actual data out of it.
03:58 jcamins At least that was easy to solve.
03:58 jcamins I think.
03:59 eythian wahanui: javascript
03:59 wahanui javascript is required for interactions with clicks
03:59 eythian wahanui: javascript is also an implementation of INTERCAL on Interstates
03:59 wahanui okay, eythian.
04:01 jcamins Well, hallelujah! It seems to be giving me basically the data structure I expected.
04:02 jcamins And it turns out the problem is that I wasn't setting object = {} at the beginning of the block every time.
04:02 jcamins I was tricked into thinking I didn't need to since when I failed to do that it still worked.
04:03 cjh INTERCAL's come from is genius.
04:04 eythian ah, so you were working with an undefined rather than an empty object
04:06 jcamins Right.
04:06 jcamins I would've thought there would have been an error.
04:06 jcamins But apparently not.
04:06 eythian I think undefined is just another object
04:07 eythian with some special properties, but not many
04:07 jcamins ^^ there you have it.
04:07 jcamins javascript--
04:07 jcamins And now I just need to deserialize my JSON as HTML
04:07 jcamins And then I'm going to bed because it is late.
04:08 eythian you'll dream of javascript
04:08 jcamins Only nightmares.
04:10 * dcook is curious as to which programming languages jcamins actually likes
04:10 eythian PHP I'm sure
04:11 dcook :p
04:11 dcook likes = doesn't hate
04:11 dcook I've had a friend recently say that she despises web programming as well. Given the current state of the world, I often wonder what this means...
04:11 dcook Well, in her case, she tends to just program enough to make her machines work, but in terms of on going development...
04:12 jcamins dcook: I liked working with C, to be honest.
04:12 jcamins And a limited subset of C++ was okay.
04:12 jcamins Hmm.
04:13 mtompset joined #koha
04:13 jcamins Very limited.
04:13 quocuy sorry, just wanna say, i found it. The use mysql.conf file, but it was wrong, so i added my database into this file, and it works
04:13 tamayaom joined #koha
04:13 eythian quocuy: cool
04:13 mtompset Greetings, Manny, you made it. :)
04:13 tamayaom wow
04:13 quocuy thanks
04:14 mtompset Greetings, jcamins.
04:14 * jcamins curses.
04:14 jcamins I HATE JAVASCRIPT!
04:14 quocuy :)
04:15 jcamins An array and a hash are exactly the same thing as far as the language is concerned, except they have to be treated differently?
04:15 mtompset first question?
04:15 wahanui "What are you trying to do?" or "What is the goal?"
04:15 mtompset second question?
04:15 wahanui i heard second question was "What is the exact error message?"
04:15 mtompset third questions?
04:15 mtompset third question?
04:15 wahanui third question is "What version of Koha are you using?"[…]ion-koha-running/
04:15 mtompset fourth question?
04:15 wahanui hmmm... fourth question is "Are we there yet?"
04:15 * mtompset laughs, "I like that fourth question."
04:16 eythian jcamins: well, an Array is a special object
04:16 eythian every object is a hash
04:17 manny joined #koha
04:26 quocuy sorry, after install ilbot, what is next? what should i do with this widget "<iframe width="550" height="350" scrolling="no" src="[…]0for%20Vietnamese"></iframe>"
04:29 eythian you will have to work out how to point it at your channel.
04:30 quocuy my server is, you can check it, but when i use it, it could not connect
04:32 eythian You're going to have to configure it to do what you want
04:32 eythian e.g. listen in your IRC channel
04:33 quocuy
04:34 eythian OK, you'll have to do some reading on how IRC and OFTC work, as mibbit is hiding stuff from you that will probably be confusing.
04:35 quocuy yes, exacty. OK, i'll take a look now
04:36 eythian In particlar you'll have to give the ilbot your server name ( and your channel name (not sure what that is)
04:37 * mtompset waves bye, "Have a good day (24 hour period)!"
04:38 dcook Got to love when national companies have Java errors printing all over their web pages...
04:38 dcook Fills me with confidence in their online services...
04:38 jcamins Remember, quocuy, we're Koha developers not IRC bot developers. I, for example, have never even considered trying to run an IRC bot.
04:40 quocuy Ok, i just trying to use it to run a koha-background in vietnamese
04:41 * jcamins supports that, but can't help with administering it. I simply do without logging on other IRC channels.
04:43 quocuy yes. Thanks for your helping! It's time to go to university now, 8'40AM. See U all again!
04:44 quocuy BB
04:58 thd-away` joined #koha
05:20 cait joined #koha
05:21 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
05:31 cait hi #koha
05:35 dcook hey cait :)
05:35 cait hi dcook :)
05:37 dcook Good day so far? ;)
05:39 cait hm slept through 2 alarm clocks... but apart from that :)
05:44 mib_subqcn joined #koha
05:44 alohabot Hi mib_subqcn, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
05:56 MrAgent075 joined #koha
06:01 cait dcook: how are you?
06:03 dcook cait: Alas, busy as always. Wishing I had more time to work on Koha, but have other projects on the go.
06:03 cait ah
06:03 cait hope they go well :)
06:03 dcook On the plus side, I borrowed a PC box, so I'm hoping to install Koha via Debian packages later this week at home ^_^
06:03 dcook Thanks, cait :)
06:06 dcook How about you? How was Marseille?
06:06 dcook Looks like lots got done on the bug front!
06:07 cait yep quite a busy week
06:07 cait and some more since we are back
06:07 cait the lists look a bit less duanting right now
06:09 dcook Agreed. I like how the dashboard also shows the number of bugs and sorts by bug status
06:09 dcook While there are still quite a few needing sign off, there are only 29 bugs...and quite a few of those look pretty straightforward
06:18 cait yeah :) it's getting better
06:18 cait sorry, getting ready for work
06:19 dcook No worries. I'm just about to head to the park to read my book
06:20 rangi evening
06:21 cait nice
06:21 cait too cold here for that
06:21 cait evening rangi
06:21 dcook China Miéville's 'The City & The City'. Generic crime fiction with a splash of sci fi
06:21 dcook It's autumn here though, so it'll be too cold soon enough. Jealous of your looming spring ;)
06:21 Oak joined #koha
06:21 dcook night rangi and cait
06:21 dcook hi Oak :)
06:22 cait looming spring...
06:22 cait @wunder Konstanz
06:22 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 1.0°C (8:00 AM CEST on April 02, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 70%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.69 in 1005 hPa (Rising).
06:22 rangi @wunder nzwn
06:22 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 18.0°C (7:00 PM NZDT on April 02, 2013). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 68%. Dew Point: 12.0°C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012 hPa (Steady).
06:22 cait you win :)
06:23 * Oak waves
06:24 cait heya Oak :)
06:40 jenkins_koha Starting build #91 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
06:42 reiveune joined #koha
06:42 reiveune hello
06:48 alex_a joined #koha
06:48 alex_a bonjour
06:50 cait bbl :)
06:57 rangi ni reiveune , Oak and alex_a
06:58 alex_a hello rangi
06:58 reiveune hi rangi
07:05 asaurat joined #koha
07:05 Dalian1 joined #koha
07:06 lds joined #koha
07:07 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:08 gaetan_B hello
07:08 Dalian1 Hi, I want to know if Koha offers this feature that allows library staff when they scan the ISBN barcode it will retrieve for them some bibliographic informations about the book. This option seems very appreciated by library users with other ILS.
07:09 Dalian1 Hello ! what do you think ?
07:10 sophie_m joined #koha
07:10 laurence joined #koha
07:12 francharb joined #koha
07:12 rangi yes it does
07:12 rangi and it has for years ;)
07:13 francharb good morning
07:13 rangi hi francharb
07:13 francharb 0/ rangi
07:16 christophe_c joined #koha
07:16 christophe_c hello #koha
07:19 kf joined #koha
07:21 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #91: SUCCESS in 41 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/91/
07:21 jenkins_koha Kyle M Hall: Bug 9928 - no way to see all purchase suggestions at all [3.10.x]
07:21 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9928 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Pushed to Stable , no way to see all purchase suggestions at all
07:23 Oak hello rangi :)
07:23 Oak Bonjour kf, alex_a
07:23 Oak Bonjour reiveune and all
07:23 alex_a salut Oak
07:23 reiveune salut Oak
07:24 Oak :)
07:24 Dalian1 So just to make sure about this feature, with Koha it is possible to scan the ISBN barcode and then it will create right away a bibliographic notice for the book. Do you know from where this bibliographic information comes from ?
07:26 rangi where you set it up to come from
07:27 kf hi all
07:27 rangi http://manual.koha-community.o[…]n.html#z3950admin
07:46 rangi i wonder if someone could look at bug 6506
07:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6506 critical, P5 - low, ---, peterAtKohaBugzilla, Needs Signoff , deleting patron history missing errors
07:47 rangi i can't sign off on it
07:47 rangi or bug 4862
07:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4862 minor, P5 - low, ---, liz, Needs Signoff , "Browse by subject" is misnamed
07:55 jenkins_koha Starting build #92 for job Koha_3.10.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:59 rewangbhutan joined #koha
08:01 lspitaels joined #koha
08:01 rewangbhutan hi
08:01 wahanui hello, rewangbhutan
08:01 rewangbhutan how r u
08:03 rewangbhutan hi u there
08:28 laurence joined #koha
08:31 mtj rangi, i'll give 6506 a whirl
08:35 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.10.x build #92: SUCCESS in 40 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.10.x/92/
08:35 jenkins_koha Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9954 - CVS profile encoding not selected in edition
08:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9954 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , CSV profile encoding not selected on editing
08:35 jenkins_koha Starting build #293 for job Koha_3.8.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
08:37 rangi thanks mtj
08:53 mtj np, signed off ^^
08:54 Viktor joined #koha
08:54 rangi hi Viktor
08:55 Viktor hi rangi
09:00 mtj rangi, 4862 signed-off too...
09:01 mtj heya Viktor  :)
09:01 Viktor Hi mtj!
09:02 rangi yay!
09:05 Dalian1 Thank you for your help. Cheers ! ; )
09:13 laurence joined #koha
09:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.8.x build #293: SUCCESS in 39 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]b/Koha_3.8.x/293/
09:15 jenkins_koha Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9954 - CVS profile encoding not selected in edition
09:15 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9954 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Stable , CSV profile encoding not selected on editing
09:33 gerundio joined #koha
10:53 drojf joined #koha
10:53 drojf good day #koha
11:00 drojf joined #koha
11:01 drojf left #koha
11:01 drojf joined #koha
11:10 kf hi drojf :)
11:13 Viktor joined #koha
11:23 jwagner joined #koha
11:29 Viktor joined #koha
11:35 nengard joined #koha
12:10 NateC joined #koha
12:19 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:21 oleonard joined #koha
12:23 oleonard Hi #koha
12:27 oleonard Joubu: I know you did a lot of work on getting the uk_date sort working on many pages, but I think the sort on title attribute is probably the method we should use
12:27 oleonard Especially if we're doing more date-formatting in the template now with a plugin.
12:27 jcamins oleonard: do you have a list somewhere of all the jQuery/jQueryUI widgets that we use on the OPAC, and where to find an example?
12:28 oleonard There is a list on the wiki, although it may need to be updated.
12:28 oleonard coding guidelines?
12:28 wahanui coding guidelines are[…]Coding_Guidelines
12:29 oleonard[…]_jQueryUI_widgets
12:29 oleonard I haven't revisited that page in a while
12:30 jcamins That's for the intranet, isn't it?
12:30 oleonard Yes, it was written from that point of view.
12:31 jcamins Okay... I don't know how to run the SIP unit tests.
12:31 oleonard jcamins: What would you like to see?
12:31 jcamins Do I care?
12:32 jcamins oleonard: I need to look at bug 9572, and I want to make sure I don't miss any widgets we use on some obscure page.
12:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9572 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
12:32 oleonard Ah.
12:32 jcamins I know we use tab widgets on the detail pages, and datepickers on the member entry page, but I don't know if there are other things.
12:32 oleonard I don't think there's anything else. I'll double-check.
12:33 Joubu oleonard: yes, no problem. It was in order to understand what you really want to do.
12:33 Joubu I think it is a little bit odd to have a span containg data for sorting. But it doesn't really bother me.
12:37 mib_nqsyrg joined #koha
12:37 alohabot Hi mib_nqsyrg, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
12:37 edveal joined #koha
12:39 jenkins_koha Starting build #315 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
12:39 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #315: SUCCESS in 21 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/315/
12:39 jenkins_koha Nicole C. Engard: add plugin permissions
12:40 oleonard jcamins: I don't see any other jQueryUI use in the OPAC besides tabs and datepickers
12:42 jcamins Well, good. That's nice and easy.
12:47 jcamins oleonard: didn't we have a little calendar icon to indicate a datepicker in the OPAC previously?
12:47 oleonard Yes, do you not see it?
12:47 * oleonard checks
12:47 jcamins I do not.
12:47 jcamins It's not on master, either.
12:48 kf hm it's in ccsr
12:48 kf i tested it because it was broken there
12:48 jcamins It is in CCSR.
12:48 kf do you allow hold dates in future?
12:49 jcamins Both before and after 9572.
12:49 kf it's on the hold page
12:49 jcamins I'm looking at the date of birth datepicker.
12:49 kf oh, i did check it on the holds page
12:49 kf maybe we forgot to implement it there?
12:50 oleonard Yeah I don't see it there either. But I don't know that I ever saw it there before.
12:50 jcamins We remembered on CCSR.
12:50 jcamins But as long as I'm not going crazy, I don't mind.
12:50 jcamins Hm.
12:50 jcamins The jQueryUI upgrade breaks the ratings under CCSR.
12:51 jcamins Oh, wait...
12:51 jcamins I see.
12:52 jcamins I think the jQuery tooltip thing needs to be added.
12:52 oleonard The OPAC patron update page doesn't include where some datepicker defaults are set (like the icon image)
12:52 jcamins Actually, I think it just needs to be put somewhere else.
12:52 jcamins Wait, no, it's in lib.
12:53 jcamins I was looking at the wrong path.
12:53 jcamins Or...
12:53 jcamins hm.
12:54 jcamins Ah.
12:54 jcamins ... no.
12:55 oleonard The patron entry form in the OPAC discriminates against people who are over 120 years old.
12:56 jcamins We should move jQueryUI out of the theme directory.
12:58 oleonard I'm still waiting on Bug 9172 :P
12:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9172 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Move TinyMCE library outside of language-specific directory
12:58 jcamins Ah.
12:58 * kf takes the liberty to mark it as a bug
12:58 drojf joined #koha
12:58 oleonard (not that they conflict)
12:58 kf there is a comment from mason about deleting one line
13:03 jcamins git++
13:03 jcamins git show --color=auto --word-diff
13:04 kf git++
13:07 jcamins Okay, time to head into the city.
13:07 jcamins Bye.
13:07 kf bye jcamins
13:07 oleonard I see the lines which mason talks about, but I also see similar instances elsewhere in Koha
13:08 nengard anyone want some easy sign offs / QA - the help files are done and 1/2 signed off
13:08 nengard bug 9850
13:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9850 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Needs Signoff , Koha 3.12 Help Files Update
13:08 oleonard #========================= at line 537 of
13:08 oleonard Doesn't that line cause the same problem?
13:08 kf oleonard: I woudl guess so
13:08 kf the qa script only looks at the files the patch touches
13:09 oleonard I don't really want to change those lines in because that's part of the TinyMCE package
13:09 jenkins_koha Starting build #1133 for job Koha_master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #1131 2 days 7 hr ago)
13:09 kf oleonard: makes sense to me - not it on the bug
13:10 kf oleonard: is it the qa script that fails or the normal test suite?
13:10 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_2835' into 3.12-master <[…]2cbeeb0916f151661> / Bug 2835 - Inconsistent use of colon at the end of sentences <[…]5e7e866eb02d4671a> / Merge branch 'bug_9947' into 3.12-master <[…];a=commitdiff;h=d
13:11 oleonard I think it's the qa script kf
13:11 kf oleonard: that's good, so jenkins won't complain
13:22 * oleonard is happy everyone got their way on Bug 9571
13:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9571 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Fix width for textareas in Edit Item screen
13:22 sophie_m joined #koha
13:24 David joined #koha
13:26 David Hello .. I am receiving emails from the koha listserv .. but when I send I never get my message and do not get replies... but I do see other people's messages.. can someone help?  Email is .. and sending to :
13:26 kf hi David
13:26 kf have you checked you are properly subscribed to the list?
13:26 David Hi
13:26 wahanui privet, David
13:26 kf I think htat you don't get your own emails is a configuration thing
13:27 David How do I check that?
13:27 David I receive the other emails'
13:27 kf try to log in here:
13:27 David privet wahanui .. are you in Russia?
13:28 oleonard wahanui is a bot
13:28 kf David: wahanui is our friendly bot - he helps us remember things and greets
13:28 kf mailing lists?
13:28 wahanui mailing lists are at[…]ha-mailing-lists/
13:28 kf see :)
13:30 David Ok, I just started over and requested a new username and password.   Thanks all!
13:31 kf hope it helps
13:51 maximep joined #koha
14:02 drojf joined #koha
14:14 chris_n kf: patch for bug 9535 awaits sign-off
14:14 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9535 major, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Patron card creator "Remove duplicates" function doesn't work
14:18 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
14:18 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #1133: FIXED in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]Koha_master/1133/
14:18 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 9952: translation of the "tab 0" in MARC detail
14:18 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9571 [Alternate] Fix width for textareas in Edit Item screen
14:18 jenkins_koha * David Cook: Bug 9571 - Fix width for textareas in Edit Item screen
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9952 trivial, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , MARC tab: tab 0 is not translated correctly
14:18 jenkins_koha * Adrien Saurat: Bug 9838: fix on 04patron_status.t
14:18 jenkins_koha * Marcel de Rooy: Bug 9609: Rebuilding zebra reports double number of exported records.
14:18 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 9572 - Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
14:18 jenkins_koha * Jared Camins-Esakov: Bug 9572 follow-up: duplicate jQueryUI upgrade in CCSR
14:18 jenkins_koha * Fridolyn SOMERS: Bug 9947 - Creating item for received serial prefills enumchron subfield
14:18 jenkins_koha * Owen Leonard: Bug 2835 - Inconsistent use of colon at the end of sentences
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9571 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , Fix width for textareas in Edit Item screen
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9838 trivial, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , SIP tests : fix in 04patron_status.t
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9609 trivial, P5 - low, ---,, Pushed to Master , Rebuild zebra reports double numbers for exported records with -z option
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9572 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9947 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Pushed to Master , Creating item for received serial prefills enumchron subfield
14:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2835 trivial, P3, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Inconsistent use of colon at the end of sentences
14:18 drojf if i made a patch for master to add or change zebra indexes (grs1), what would be the correct way to do the same for DOM? recreate biblio-koha-indexdefs.xml from the changed record.abs file and then recreate biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl from that and file a patch with the new versions of these files?
14:19 kf chris_n++ :)
14:19 kf drojf: nope, don't do that
14:19 kf jcamins: ping?
14:19 kf drojf: as I understood, the scripts are for record.abs to indexdefs thing were only thought to be used for migration of the indexes
14:20 kf not for later use
14:20 kf i think probaly only the second step? jared would know or gmcharlt
14:20 drojf isn't that kind of what i am trying to do? migrate a newer version
14:21 kf I think I meant introducing the new dom indexing
14:21 kf I think we have fixed some things in the xml file since
14:21 drojf oh if that is the case i shouldn't be doing it that way, that is true
14:22 * oleonard will test 9535 so that kf might qa it
14:22 drojf i could add it manually of course, but the file said it was generated so i thought adding things manually seems wrong
14:23 drojf only the xsl says it is generated, the other only has comments about lines in record.abs
14:29 drojf i think you are right kf, making changes manually and then running xsltproc koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl for the second part is what seems to be the correct way
14:33 gmcharlt right, for producing biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl
14:33 gmcharlt there would be a case to be made, actually for not keeping biblio-zebra-indexdefs.xsl in the repository, and just generating it when needed during installs
14:34 * jcamins would support that case.
14:34 drojf makes sense
14:38 jcamins So, anything interesting happen while I was on the subway?
14:40 oleonard We fixed all the bugs.
14:41 nengard I need git help again ... shocker
14:41 nengard I need to get manual3.10.x back to match what's in git
14:41 nengard Auto-merging en/manual.xml
14:41 nengard CONFLICT (content): Merge conflict in en/manual.xml
14:41 nengard Automatic merge failed; fix conflicts and then commit the result.
14:42 nengard I don't care about the conflicts - I don't want those changes
14:42 jcamins Excellent.
14:42 jcamins nengard: git reset --hard origin/3.10.x
14:42 jcamins Or whatever your remote or branch is called.
14:43 nengard geeze - I need to write that one down :)
14:43 nengard thanks
14:43 jcamins And note that if you do that the changes will not be recoverable.
14:44 nengard don't care :)
14:44 nengard don't want them
14:44 nengard they're all wrong
14:44 nengard :)
14:44 jcamins Okay.
14:44 rambutan joined #koha
14:44 jcamins Just thought I should caution you about that.
14:45 jcamins Because that command is way more destructive than the usual reset.
14:49 * chris_n wonders what brand of bug spray oleonard is using today
14:50 jcamins chris_n: do you happen to remember what the symptoms of bug 5366 were?
14:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5366 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Koha does not work right with MariaDB
14:51 chris_n jcamins: I was attempting to recall the particulars, but cannot
14:51 chris_n mariadb syntax enforcement is more strict
14:51 chris_n iirc
14:51 jcamins Yeah, I'm just surprised I haven't noticed those problems.
14:52 chris_n I think there is a patch or two floating around
14:52 jcamins Yeah, they're on that bug.
14:52 jcamins :)
14:52 chris_n actually they may have been committed
14:52 jcamins I don't think so.
14:52 * chris_n is really out of touch, sorry
14:52 jcamins I think I tried applying them and they still applied.
14:52 chris_n I don't have mariadb on a dev machine atm or I would retest
14:53 chris_n but if it works for you, maybe it was something data-wise for me
14:53 jcamins Well, I couldn't say for sure that it works for me.
14:53 jcamins I'm using Plack so half the time things don't work anyway.
14:54 jenkins_koha Starting build #316 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
14:54 chris_n I seem to recall that inserts were not working as expected causing koha to either throw errors or fail silently...
14:54 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #316: SUCCESS in 20 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/316/
14:54 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update info on upgarding a child patron
14:54 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update patron images
14:54 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: update more patron module images
14:54 chris_n and that's not a lot of help
14:55 jcamins Well, either I'll try and figure out what was going on, or we'll wait until someone else encounters the same problem.
14:55 jcamins Probably the latter.
14:55 jcamins Or, I suppose, we could simply test the patches for regressions and push them.
14:55 jcamins Maybe that's the way to go.
14:56 jcamins Oh, wait.
14:57 jcamins It's import.
14:57 chris_n look back at my patches does not invoke any revelatory memories
14:57 jcamins Maybe that's related to...
14:57 jcamins @query plack
14:57 chris_n except that not null fields should probably have defaults assigned
14:57 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7172 major, P1 - high, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Omnibus for Plack variable scoping problems
14:57 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8866 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Plack - remove unneeded dbh->disconnects OMNIBUS
14:57 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8908 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Starman/Plack hangs when faced with zombie Zebra
14:57 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8970 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , MARC import gives error under Starman/Plack
14:57 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9048 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Quote editor does not work under Plack
14:57 jcamins Bug 8970.
14:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8970 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , MARC import gives error under Starman/Plack
14:58 chris_n wow... a zombie zebra
14:59 chris_n live ones are bad enough
15:00 chris_n jcamins: it seems the patches are pretty benign; there is some debug foo which should probably be removed from them
15:00 chris_n otherwise they should not introduce any regressions
15:02 jcamins Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
15:14 oleonard nengard: There are a few lines in your patch for circ help files which change "library" to "branch." Was that intentional?
15:14 nengard i copied from the manual
15:14 nengard so it must be like that in the manual
15:14 nengard and someone updated the help for 3.10 but not the manual :)
15:14 nengard I can submit a follow up
15:15 nengard after i update the manual
15:15 oleonard Okay
15:15 clkirby joined #koha
15:19 clkirby I'm new to Koha. I saw there was an RFC for "Batch Modification Biblio Record Level". Has this been developed?
15:20 jcamins I believe it failed QA, and will be reconsidered for Koha 3.14.
15:20 jcamins However, there is some code, so the prognosis is not bad. :)
15:22 oleonard Bug 5725
15:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5725 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, julian.maurice, Failed QA , Batch modifications for Biblios
15:23 jcamins I think there is another related bug.
15:23 jcamins @query modification
15:23 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1088 enhancement, P2, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , expand independant branches functionallity
15:23 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]ow_bug.cgi?id=737 enhancement, P2, ---, magnus, NEW , Map of library in search system
15:23 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6532 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , way to move items in batches
15:23 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6546 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Batch modification tool should accept a biblionumber
15:23 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6668 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Marc batch edit will freeze after deselecting all items and saving,
15:23 oleonard Bug 8015?
15:23 jcamins @query marc modification
15:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8015 enhancement, P4, ---, kyle.m.hall, ASSIGNED , Add MARC Modifications Templates
15:24 jcamins Yes.
15:24 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6668 minor, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Marc batch edit will freeze after deselecting all items and saving,
15:24 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8015 enhancement, P4, ---, kyle.m.hall, ASSIGNED , Add MARC Modifications Templates
15:24 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2774 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Path to theme is hard-coded in many places
15:24 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8304 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, matthias.meusburger, Signed Off , composed authorities Rameau management
15:24 huginn jcamins: Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7167 new feature, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, Passed QA , updatedatabase improvements
15:24 oleonard Yes, 5725 is marked as depending on 8015
15:25 jcamins Oh, I thought they were opposing implementations. Huh.
15:25 oleonard I think they might be actually
15:25 kf bye all
15:25 kf left #koha
15:26 oleonard Is there an acceptable way of making a tiny correction to a patch as I sign off on it? Literally a one character text change.
15:27 reiveune bye
15:27 reiveune left #koha
15:30 drojf oleonard: i think i have mentioned correcting a typo in a signoff message and gotten away with it
15:30 chris_n oleonard: I have just noted the changes in the commit message as well
15:30 oleonard Do you squash your commit, or what?
15:30 jcamins Yeah, that is fine.
15:30 chris_n squash
15:32 jcamins Just amend the commit.
15:34 jcamins Or squash.
15:34 jcamins As you prefer.
15:34 jcamins Or squash.
15:34 jcamins Bah.
15:35 jcamins Key lag.
15:35 oleonard I don't think I understand what you mean by 'just amend the commit' jcamins
15:36 jcamins If you make the changes, add the changed files using git add, if you use `git commit --amend` your changes will get added to the patch.
15:36 jcamins So you don't need to do a squash step.
15:36 oleonard Ah, the git add step is the one I wasn't thinking of
15:37 * oleonard is too used to git commit -a
15:43 jcamins I never use git commit -a.
15:43 jcamins git add -u sometimes, but never commit -a.
15:44 drojf what is wrong with commit -a?
15:45 jcamins It will automatically delete files that I have removed from my working tree.
15:46 drojf oh!
15:47 jcamins Which, granted, is easy enough to fix with a simple reset, but I often delete PO files and regenerate them.
15:49 jcamins Robert Louis Stevenson wore the kind of tie that has two square ends and tied it so that the front-most end was shorter and a little to the left of the other.
15:49 * jcamins knows everyone was curious.
15:54 paul_p joined #koha
15:54 drojf jcamins: you had a tie club meeting? :)
15:54 jcamins drojf: no, but a portrait of him was the frontispiece of a book I just cataloged.
15:56 drojf slightly less fascinating now :P
15:56 jcamins I bet there _is_ a tie meet-up in New York.
16:00 drojf at a bar called "the tiebreaker" :D
16:01 jcamins Heh.
16:03 melia joined #koha
16:03 rambutan      #h-online discussion of MySql et al
16:03 mtate joined #koha
16:09 asaurat left #koha
16:12 cait joined #koha
16:12 mtate joined #koha
16:13 mtate joined #koha
16:17 mtate joined #koha
16:38 * drojf goes home
16:40 rambutan Experiences of Migrating to Open Source Integrated Library Systems  de Vandana Singh
16:40 rambutan[…]article/view/2268
16:41 rambutan current issue of ITAL
16:43 jcamins Did they at least get the link to Koha right?
16:45 oleonard There don't appear to be any links at all
16:45 jcamins Well, at least they didn't get it wrong.
16:47 rambutan No, I had to google all the links
16:48 rambutan concur
16:51 * jcamins goes to eat some lunch.
16:52 laurence left #koha
17:04 cait joined #koha
17:19 rambutan Galen Charlton is chair, LITA - Open Source Systems Interest Group? I don't recall that info crossing my desk.
17:20 jcamins rambutan: that's what it said in the movers and shakers article.
17:20 rambutan And I missed the poll.   ex post facto I vote for OpenSuse
17:21 rambutan I'm gonna have to start watching that LITA group better.
17:21 * jcamins gets a sense that no one actually cares about free *nix OSes.
17:21 gmcharlt rambutan++
17:22 rambutan I usually go to the LITA conferences.
17:22 * cait waves
17:24 rambutan gmcharlt: are you going to the LITA conference in June?
17:25 rambutan hi cait
17:27 gmcharlt rambutan: yes, I'll be going to ALA Annual this year
17:27 jcamins cait: "Folge"?
17:28 rambutan I think I'll go see if mommy and daddy have any money to send me.
17:28 jcamins "series"
17:28 jcamins LEO worked.
17:29 cait jcamins: now I feel replaced by a cheap online dictionary
17:29 jcamins Hehe.
17:29 jcamins I will make you feel better:
17:29 jcamins What is capitalized in "Die Briefe an Gräfin Sizzo
17:29 jcamins "?
17:30 cait looks correct
17:30 jcamins \o/
17:30 cait the letters to countess(?) Sizzo
17:30 jcamins Ah. Gräfin = female Graf?
17:30 cait and now I feel like you don#t really need me :)
17:30 cait yep
17:31 jcamins Nifty! I learned a new German word!
17:31 cait and such an.. useful one
17:37 khall RFC: we have a library that would like to be able to type due dates in for circulation purposes, rather than being forced to use the calendar. I know this would open up the possibility for bad due dates to be entered. However, if it was a system preference that was off by default, would a patch to add this be allowed?
17:37 * khall looks at cait
17:37 cait why me? :)
17:37 jcamins I would have no objection, for 3.14.
17:37 cait I think you were able to do that and (bywater) killed it :)
17:38 cait because someone typed wrong due dates
17:38 khall cause your a tough customer ; )
17:38 cait khall: look for a bug report from melia
17:38 jcamins Yeah, I seem to recall Melia reporting that as a bug.
17:38 jcamins I had always thought it a feature.
17:38 khall Yeah, I don't think it's a great idea, but if they are willing to take the risk while fully understanding the risk...
17:38 cait me too
17:38 melia and now that we've made it so that they can't type wrong due dates, someone is complaining that they liked typing it in better than using the calendar. sigh.
17:39 cait melia:  not your fault - libaries 123...
17:39 cait :)
17:39 cait khall: didn't wnat to blame you - just saying I woudl like a pref for that
17:39 khall cait, definitely a pref. I wouldn't have it any other way!
17:40 jcamins cait: "Gesichte von Friedrich von Schiller" or "Gedichte von Friedrich von Schiller"?
17:40 jcamins I think the first makes sense.
17:40 melia maybe sys pref with a note that you must type in a 4 digit year? or is it possible to only allow them to type in a 4 digit year?
17:40 cait Geschichte or Gedichte
17:40 cait the story of or the lyrics from
17:40 melia (the probably before was that they typed just 2 digits for the year and got a due date in 1913 instead of 2013)
17:40 jcamins Ah, probably gedichte then.
17:40 jcamins Thanks.
17:43 cait jcamins: could also be gesichter.... faces...
17:43 cait :P
17:43 jcamins lol
17:43 jcamins I think it's probably Gedichte.
17:43 cait but I guess you are probably right about the lyrics
17:43 cait :)
17:46 cait melia: should be possible to check that with javascript - but has to take into account different date formats
17:49 melia yep that sounds good, cait
17:52 * druthb chucks some Rice-a-Roni at melia.
17:52 melia lol Rice-a-Roni
17:53 * druthb thinks melia is a better San Francisco Treat than Rice-a-Roni.
17:53 melia haha thanks druthb :)
18:00 rambutan joined #koha
18:09 talljoy joined #koha
18:11 oleonard Oh Liblime Academic Koha is up to 5.4! That version numbering shows real restraint.
18:11 jcamins melia: are there any plans to release the RDA stylesheets that ByWater is using?
18:12 hankbank joined #koha
18:12 melia jcamins: you might ask nengard or bag or edveal about that when they're around, but none of them are here right now. I don't know much about RDA myself, sorry.
18:13 jcamins Personally, I don't see the need for a custom stylesheet.
18:13 jcamins RDA isn't actually useful to real users.
18:13 jcamins I'm just surprised to see ByWater advertising one.
18:13 * druthb loses the betting pool.  She'd bet that someone would have pointed that out before now.
18:14 jcamins druthb: I pointed that out years ago.
18:14 jcamins Then I ignored it.
18:14 oleonard rangi says it every chance he gets :)
18:14 jcamins And now I'm going back to ignoring RDA.
18:14 druthb 'bout as useful as a screen door on a submarine.
18:14 jcamins lol
18:15 jcamins Do you have an endless supply of those "as useful as" analogies?
18:15 druthb not endless.  But large.
18:15 druthb Some suitable for mixed company, some not.
18:17 rambutan druthb: <submarine joke> <-- funny
18:17 jcamins Hehe. .Dinner party disasters. That sounds like a fun book.
18:18 cait or the poor horror :)
18:18 druthb thanks, rambutan.  :)
18:22 gmcharlt thinking of doing a blog post similar to what I'm proposing to do for Evergreen:
18:22 gmcharlt I'd appreciate thoughts on the idea and the wording
18:22 * jcamins is all for it, and suggests changing the wording to mention Koha instaed of Evergreen.
18:23 gmcharlt jcamins: well, yeah :)
18:23 oleonard jcamins: :P
18:25 druthb @quote random
18:25 huginn druthb: Quote #144: "library_systems_guy: (xslt) looks like html and lisp had an ugly baby." (added by wizzyrea at 08:48 PM, June 30, 2011)
18:34 cait gmcharlt: i like the idea
18:34 cait :)
18:35 rangi Hmm wasn't Jeff asking about all the koha API last week?
18:36 jcamins Yup.
18:36 jcamins He's doing a presentation on library APIs and potential avenues for inter-ILS cooperation.
18:37 jcamins I think.
18:37 rangi There's your list there gmcharlt :)
18:37 rangi I'm pretty sure he got them all
18:37 jcamins I thought the goal was to find *users* of those APIs.
18:38 gmcharlt jcamins: indeed, it is
18:38 gmcharlt and I have been talking with jeff as well
18:38 rangi Well having a list of them all is a good start, it looks like there are a few more than in the evergreen list
18:40 rangi I like the idea
18:44 rangi My stop bbiab
18:49 rangi @wunder nzwn
18:49 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0°C (7:00 AM NZDT on April 03, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 78%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Steady).
18:49 rangi Gah
18:50 rangi It really needs to rain for about 3 days solid
18:50 jcamins Still hasn't rained?
18:51 rangi Not enough to be useful
18:52 cait mostly cloudy... maybe there is hope?
18:52 talljoy1 joined #koha
18:59 oleonard Joining on biblio.biblionumber = items.itemnumber turns out to not be so useful.
19:00 cait heh
19:00 cait long day?
19:00 cait it was here
19:00 * cait is going to retest 7518
19:00 cait bug 7518
19:00 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7518 normal, P3, ---, fridolyn.somers, Signed Off , searches with quotation marks don't work
19:04 rangi back
19:05 cait bah, my zebrea is annoying
19:05 cait not searching
19:05 rangi oleonard: did you see i think i fixed that 8278 one?
19:05 oleonard Oh yeah, I did. Looks like it was something dumb which I should have caught :(
19:05 jcamins Look on the good side... if you don't use Plack, a Zebra problem will probably not cause the server to go bananas.
19:06 * cait reindexes
19:07 kathryn joined #koha
19:10 cait morning kathryn
19:10 kathryn morning cait and all :)
19:10 kathryn greetings of the appropriate hour...
19:11 cait ugh
19:11 cait 21:07:10-02/04 zebraidx(9363) [warn] isamb: Inconsistent register (2)
19:11 cait zebraidx: isamb.c:1102: insert_leaf: Assertion `*lookahead_mode' failed.
19:11 cait ??
19:12 jcamins I've seen that when ICU is configured wrong.
19:12 jcamins My usual solution is to just rerun the installer.
19:12 cait jcamins: I just did rerun the installer
19:12 jcamins Ouch.
19:12 cait to activate icu
19:12 jcamins And you used -r?
19:12 cait nope, but I am doing it with -r now
19:12 cait thx :)
19:13 jcamins Ah.
19:13 cait hope it helps, waiting
19:13 jcamins 15 hours to the meeting.
19:13 druthb ooooh…middle-of-the-wee-hours, for us, then
19:13 cait oh
19:13 cait voting meeting
19:13 cait 15...
19:13 jcamins By the way, I'm number 6!
19:13 cait ah, lunch time
19:14 jcamins If I refuse to give over the master branch for another week or two, I could be number five! :)
19:14 jcamins I don't think I'll do that, though.
19:14 oleonard gmcharlt++ # for the reminder
19:15 * gmcharlt stocks up on coffee
19:16 cait jcamins: thought you already have it a bit longer?
19:16 jcamins cait: I have it until I pass it off to gmcharlt.
19:16 cait good news, reindex finished without werid messages this time :)
19:17 cait ok, bad news, my search still does not owrk :(
19:17 jcamins :(
19:17 cait ideas welcome
19:18 cait can't do qa when zebra is sick
19:18 rambutan 5:00 am
19:18 jcamins What changed?
19:19 cait i reran the makefile process switching to icu
19:19 cait but I don't know if it worked earlier today
19:19 jcamins Well, when did it last work?
19:19 cait hm
19:19 cait yesterday
19:19 wahanui yesterday is all wizzyrea's troubles seemed so far away
19:19 cait lol
19:20 jcamins And you restarted Zebra, right?
19:20 cait yep
19:20 cait but doing it again to make sure
19:20 cait no change
19:21 cait how annoying
19:22 rangi hm 11pm tonight
19:22 cait oh interesting
19:22 wahanui interesting is, like, sometimes good and sometimes bad
19:23 * druthb pokes wahanui
19:23 cait search is broken without queryparser
19:23 cait yep
19:23 cait totally broken without query parser
19:23 cait does that make any sense?
19:24 jcamins No.
19:25 jcamins And it worked with QP disabled for me yesterday.
19:25 jcamins So if something new broke it, it's something I *just* pushed.
19:25 jcamins Which should make it easy to revert.
19:26 cait maybe it's the combinaton of search prefs I have
19:26 jcamins Such as auto-truncate with ICU?
19:26 cait exactly
19:26 jcamins Yeah, search works for me both with and without QP.
19:27 jcamins Tsk tsk.
19:27 jcamins :P
19:27 cait wow
19:27 cait can I file that as bug?
19:27 cait automatic truncating works
19:27 cait not automatically truncating = search dies
19:29 jcamins Yes, that sounds like a bug.
19:29 drnoe joined #koha
19:29 oleonard But I fixed all the bugs this morning!
19:30 drnoe left #koha
19:30 jcamins It's supposed to be broken in the other direction.
19:32 drnoe joined #koha
19:32 cait jcamins: i amnot ure which I prefer
19:32 cait bug 9976
19:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9976 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , QueryAutoTruncate can break search when ICU is activated
19:33 cait but: the automatic truncation works.
19:33 cait the left truncation that is.
19:33 cait Gesch finds geschichte without any problems
19:35 * cait wonders why oleonard is not a bug wrangler
19:35 cait because he IS one
19:35 oleonard I'll be a bug wrangler whether everyone wants me to be or not ;)
19:36 cait magnus is the only one so far
19:36 cait trying to recruit some more :)
19:36 gmcharlt ninjas!
19:36 gmcharlt what we need are more bug ninjas!
19:36 jcamins I encouraged someone to run for bug wrangler.
19:36 cait heh
19:38 oleonard jcamins: Did Myshkin say he was more of a birder?
19:38 cait bird wrangler?
19:38 jcamins oleonard: yeah.
19:38 jcamins He's downright fierce when birds get close to the window.
19:39 rangi oleonard: RDA sux! (just reading back, didnt want to dissapoint you)
19:40 cait I still can't reproduce bug 7518
19:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7518 normal, P3, ---, fridolyn.somers, Signed Off , searches with quotation marks don't work
19:40 jcamins Oh, right.
19:40 jcamins That's because you're using ICU.
19:40 jcamins I just realized.
19:41 cait I was told I had to use icu to reproduce
19:41 cait i couldn't reproduce it with grs
19:41 * cait is confused now
19:41 talljoy joined #koha
19:41 * druthb blames talljoy
19:41 talljoy lol
19:41 talljoy :-P
19:42 jcamins Hm.
19:42 jcamins I thought I fixed the problem with ICU.
19:43 cait jcamins: which of the many problems?
19:43 jcamins The quotation mark problem.
19:44 jcamins I thought this was a patch for the "single double quotation mark in the middle of a CCL query when ICU is disabled results in breakage and misery" problem.
19:44 jcamins Ignore me, because apparently it isn't.
19:48 trea joined #koha
19:48 cait a single quotation mark?
19:48 * cait tries that
19:49 jcamins No, a single double quotation mark.
19:49 cait yep, still looks fixed
19:49 jcamins Well, good.
19:49 cait gesch "drucktechnik
19:49 cait works
19:49 jcamins Ask Fridolyn to reconfirm the problem on master?
19:52 * cait is mean and fails it for not being able to reproduce
19:52 cait did exactly that
19:53 * druthb ignores cait thinking she's being mean.
20:15 oleonard Bye #koha
20:15 wizzyrea byee!
20:24 trea joined #koha
21:28 mtj hey wizzyrea, you about?
21:31 eythian mtj: she's not
21:31 mtj heres a random idea...
21:31 eythian mtj, jcamins: re the packaging changes:
21:31 mtj what do people think about swapping out C4/Installer/ with a nice human readable .yaml file
21:32 eythian <dam> eythian: bad (unnecessary), if the version in perl-modules is enough
21:32 eythian <Dom> dam: eythian: and will be a noop if they are unversioned (since the Provides will satisfy the dep) and catch[…]fied-by-perl.html if versioned
21:32 mtj oooh, good info
21:32 eythian so we should only do it if we need a newer version than that in perl-modules.
21:33 eythian and if that happens, we need to make some changes anyway because the concept of that isn't supported.
21:34 mtj right
21:35 mtj twas good to get a definative answer on that one
21:39 alex_a_ joined #koha
21:44 cait left #koha
21:53 mtj eythian, i'll change the packaging patch to do that then ^^
21:54 eythian to do versioning?
21:55 eythian I wouldn't unless it was necessary, in which case I'd do it case-by-case. I'm not sure I trust Koha's dep versions as real minimums. You'll also have to check every one to make sure it matches up with the debian version (it should, but may not)
22:06 maximep left #koha
22:16 mtj no no… to explicitly ignore alternative perl packages, and always use perl-module instead
22:16 mtj eythian ^^
22:17 eythian Ah right.
22:17 eythian Well, if perl-modules is an option, then it should just ignore that dependency as we know it'll be there anyway
22:17 mtj yep
22:17 mtj thats what a really meant
22:18 mtj s/a/i
22:19 dcook joined #koha
22:19 jcamins mtj: I think changing the format for dependencies is an excellent idea.
22:20 mtj cool, me too...
22:20 jcamins Ideally there should be some way to specify rpm and apt packages, for those dependencies which cannot be derived from the file name.
22:21 eythian we can always derive them from the filename for apt. Not sure about rpm.
22:22 jcamins eythian: there were a few packages you had special cased.
22:22 jcamins Did we manage to fix that?
22:22 eythian yeah, that was because I hadn't set the k-c repo to work with apt-file
22:22 eythian it's fixed now
22:22 jcamins Oh.
22:23 jcamins Excellent!
22:29 rambutan left #koha
22:36 jcamins dcook: BTW, I pushed both your original patch and oleonard's counter-patch. Could you please just take a quick look and confirm it looks good to you?
22:37 dcook jcamins: sure
22:38 jcamins Thanks. It looked good to me in FF and Chrome on a Mac, but I know that Owen's counter-patch didn't look quite right to you.
22:42 dcook I appreciate you taking the time to ask :)
22:43 dcook Yeah, I thought the counter-patch was a bit off in FF and Chrome, so I preferred the CSS.
22:43 dcook This looks good though.
22:44 bag hey afternoon all
22:44 bag late start for me today
22:45 dcook hey bag
22:45 bag hey there dcook
22:46 dcook Have a good Easter?
22:46 bag oh 3am meeting time for me….  don't think I will make it :(
22:46 bag yes Easter was nice - we had some lamb..  how about yours?
22:47 jcamins bag: good, I was planning on volunteering you for all the unpleasant tasks. :P
22:47 jcamins gmcharlt too.
22:47 jcamins And melia.
22:47 bag sweet :)  bring it on
22:47 melia heh
22:47 bag I'll split them up with melia and gmcharlt
22:47 dcook It was pretty good. We had a spicy vegan nut loaf and roast veggies. And beer...a bottomless cooler of beer.
22:48 bag HA nice
22:48 bag just a little white wine here
22:48 jcamins I keep on forgetting that it was Easter on Sunday.
22:49 bag yeah we celebrate the meal and nothing more than that really.  more excuses to cook a fancy sunday dinner
22:50 dcook Same here, although now that I think about it...we had the Easter meal on Friday or Saturday (as folks had to work later in the weekend).
22:51 dcook Sunday...I think that was spent bushwalking. Lots of wraps and chocolate. Finally tried out tempeh with some spices. Quite the fan now.
22:51 dcook Hmm 9pm meeting time. That's almost doable, except I have plans tonight. Foiled!
22:51 * jcamins adds dcook to the list of people he will volunteer for unpleasant tasks.
22:51 dcook hehe
22:52 * eythian plans to try to make it, what with all the delegation going on...
22:52 dcook I wonder if I can use mibbit from my phone...
22:53 dcook Might be bad form socially
22:53 eythian dcook: just install an IRC client on your phone.
22:54 * jcamins waits impatiently for the pierogis to heat up.
22:54 dcook eythian: Any that you would recommend?
22:54 dcook O_O
22:54 * dcook is infinitely jealous of jcamins at this moment
22:54 eythian dcook: I use AndChat.
22:54 eythian it works well
22:54 dcook Australia is pretty great in a lot of ways, but they are woefully deficient in the pierogi department...
22:55 dcook Sweet. I'll try it out, eythian :)
22:56 dcook I have a rather ancient smartphone, but finally upgraded to Gingerbread last night, so that seems to have improved things
22:57 jcamins dcook: they're really easy to make.
22:58 jcamins I mean, it took a while, unsurprisingly, since I made about 100.
22:58 jcamins But it wasn't difficult.
22:58 dcook Are they good?
22:58 dcook I've had many a subpar pierogi, so I'm a bit...jaded
22:59 dcook Mind you, no one can make them as well as my Ukrainian grandmother, so maybe I'm just spoiled
22:59 dcook She might be magic
23:00 dcook Not that I doubt your cooking abilities, jcamins :p
23:01 jcamins Very good.
23:01 jcamins I've had better, but that's the fault of what I put in them.
23:01 jcamins Which was "oh, whatever I have on hand."
23:01 * jcamins goes to eat them!
23:03 dcook Bon appétit!
23:04 dcook Is this a recipe or jcamins' brain dish?
23:14 jcamins jcamins' brain.
23:15 jcamins Well, I might have used a recipe for the dough.
23:16 jcamins Yeah, I think I did, actually.
23:16 jcamins I followed the recipe in my Afghan cookbook.
23:17 dcook Delicious?
23:20 jcamins Yes.
23:56 trea left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary