IRC log for #koha, 2013-04-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:20 jcamins Ginger-wasabi cookies are done.
00:20 jcamins Now for double-chocolate mint.
01:57 Dalian1 joined #koha
02:14 Dalian1 Hi, can we hide titles from OPAC ? we have textbooks we need to put them in the system in order to be able to make the check-out, check-in. Make reports for overdue textbooks, etc. These textbooks shouldnt appear in OPAC search.
02:16 jcamins Dalian1: yes. Look up OPACSuppress in the manual.
02:18 jcamins It's very straightforward.
02:18 jcamins You set the syspref, and then you mark the records suppressed in field 852.
02:19 jcamins Ah- one thing. You have to suppress one record *before* turning on the syspref.
02:19 jcamins (at least one)
02:29 Dalian1 Great. For now I will keep this answer but maybe I will be bakc on this issue later. Thank you ; )
04:15 longrider joined #koha
04:21 longrider HI
04:21 wahanui bonjour, longrider
04:22 longrider Anybody is here?
04:22 longrider I have question regarding RFID With koha.
04:23 longrider I have to integrate RFID with koha
04:23 longrider How can I do that?
04:24 longrider I found SIP server in koha.
04:25 longrider I do not have SIP Elumator which connect SIP with RFID
04:26 longrider Is there any open source SIP source SIP Elumator?
04:26 longrider Hey wahanui
04:27 longrider Do you have any Idea regarding this.
04:52 longrider anyone
06:12 longrider joined #koha
06:33 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
07:08 cait joined #koha
07:22 cait hi #koha
07:31 kohakhan joined #koha
09:23 Oak joined #koha
09:23 * Oak waves
09:23 cait hey Oak
09:23 Oak hey cait
09:24 Oak how is marcus?
09:24 cait hehe he is fine
09:24 Oak :)
09:24 cait was visiting his grandfather yesterday
09:24 Oak cool
09:24 Oak oh i get it
10:03 longrider joined #koha
10:03 longrider HI
10:03 longrider is anybody here?
10:14 cait h longrider - probably not going to get crowded in here today
10:14 cait it's easter holiday
10:14 cait in europe
10:25 longrider yah
10:25 longrider hello  cait are you here?
10:25 cait yes
10:26 longrider I have to integrate RFID with koha.
10:27 cait yes
10:27 cait koha supports sip2
10:27 longrider my RFID supplier only provided me workstation driver
10:28 cait are you using a self check machine or a reader at the circ desk?
10:28 longrider How can in connect RFID with SIP2 server.?
10:28 longrider I have reader at the circ desk.
10:29 longrider I have not self check machine
10:30 cait ah
10:30 cait then you won't need sip
10:30 longrider I can connect koha with sip.
10:30 cait at the circ desk sip probably won't work
10:30 cait you should really talk to your vendor about options
10:31 cait what some of our libraries do is using a small software from their vendor
10:31 cait that works with keyboar shortcuts
10:31 longrider my vendor only provided me SDK and a demo software.
10:31 cait so when they place books on the reader and press f5 or similar, the books are checked out
10:31 cait and f6 checked in
10:32 longrider No
10:32 longrider the did not provided me like that.
10:32 cait so you place your cursor in the field for scanning the barcodes and then according to the key the books are .. sanitized or desanitized (and I probably spelled that wrong again)
10:33 cait vendors are different
10:33 cait maybe try the mailing list
10:33 cait and describe what kind of integration you want to do and what you got
10:34 longrider At present I can only doing activate the tag and deactivate the with the demo software.
10:35 cait i am not sure I can help you more
10:35 cait i told you what we do
10:35 cait but i don't know anything about the software you got
10:36 longrider What type of software I needed for this.
10:36 longrider Please tell me.
10:36 cait i can't
10:36 cait you should really work with your vendor
10:36 cait or ask on the mailing list if someone has the same equipment
10:36 cait the audience ther eis much bigger than here
10:37 longrider What type of information I have to write in RFID tag.
10:37 longrider ?
10:38 longrider Another question I have to clear.
10:40 longrider Is SIP only works with self check machine?
10:42 longrider Is it like that If I use circ desk I do not need to use SIP?
10:42 longrider Please tell me If you Know.
10:44 longrider 4Hey cait
10:44 longrider 4Please help me.
10:44 cait longrider, I already tried helping you
10:45 longrider 4My vendor is not helping me
10:45 cait but you will have to do some more research aobut how rfid works
10:45 cait before you start figuring it out with Koha
10:45 cait and as I said, i think asking your questions on the mialing list would be a good idea
10:45 cait not sure where you are located, but maybe there is a library nearby that could help you
10:46 longrider 4Is it like that If I use circ desk I do not need to use SIP?
10:46 cait you don't need to no
10:46 cait but i am not quite sure if there are not programs now that can do it
10:46 cait we once had hat wth another ils
10:46 longrider 4Ok
11:11 jwagner joined #koha
11:17 halcyonCorsair joined #koha
11:29 nengard joined #koha
12:18 oleonard joined #koha
12:18 oleonard Hi #koha
12:18 cait hi oleonard :)
12:32 nengard hiya all
12:35 edveal joined #koha
12:35 NateC joined #koha
12:37 cait hi nengard and druthb
12:37 druthb Hi, cait!
12:37 talljoy joined #koha
12:39 * druthb waves to nengard and talljoy
12:39 talljoy hi druthb!
12:40 druthb @wunder 77063
12:40 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Briargrove Park, Houston, Texas is 16.9°C (7:35 AM CDT on April 01, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 30.00 in 1016 hPa (Rising).
12:40 talljoy rainy? or just that humid?
12:40 druthb Rained here yesterday afternoon, and overnight some.
12:40 druthb Overcast and light fog now, expecting sun later.
12:41 talljoy nice
12:41 druthb Off-and-on chance of rain in the evenings all week here.  It's the monsoon season, apparently.
12:42 talljoy heh
12:53 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:30 * chris_n pokes jcamins
13:30 cait chris_n: I think he just left
13:32 chris_n well; I was going to query him as to the chances of getting the bug 9535 fix in 3.12
13:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9535 major, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, ASSIGNED , Patron card creator "Remove duplicates" function doesn't work
13:33 cait bug fixes can go in
13:33 cait we are only in feature freeze
13:33 cait and this is def a bug :)
13:35 chris_n and its super-simple to fix to boot
13:35 cait why were you wondering if ti could go in?
13:36 cait i looked at your comment but was not sure if I should try and make a patch, was hoping someone else might so I get to test it )
13:52 BigRig joined #koha
13:52 maximep joined #koha
13:57 chris_n cait: only wondering because I've lost track of where the release cycle is
13:57 cait ah :)
13:57 cait no plenty of time for bug fixes
13:57 chris_n it will be later in the week before I can munge up a patch due to scheduling
14:09 WaqarAzeem joined #koha
14:15 maria19 joined #koha
14:21 NguyenQuocUy joined #koha
14:42 logbot joined #koha
14:42 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software Next general IRC meeting 3 April 2013 at 10:00 UTC
15:00 oleonard Last night must have been crazy. #koha is totally hung over today.
15:10 * druthb is bleary-eyed
15:10 datadoctor FYI: Peeps-infused vodka is a really bad idea.
15:10 druthb I would suppose, too, that vodka-infused peeps are also a bad idea.
15:11 datadoctor <chuckle>
15:11 druthb Two fine things, best enjoyed separately.
15:13 oleonard cait, I'm not sure what is going wrong for you with Bug 8278
15:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
15:13 cait oleonard: :(
15:14 cait i was afraid it was only me
15:14 oleonard I guess the plugin must be tied to the right field because you're able to trigger the popup...
15:14 cait it just won't autocomplete for me
15:14 cait ep
15:14 cait the popup pops up
15:14 cait i type letter by letter and after x it shows the little search symbol at the end
15:14 cait it just never suggests anything
15:14 cait altohugh i made sure those are in the database
15:17 oleonard cait: Maybe check the JSON output of the script directly? /cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/​biblioitems&field=publishercode&term=Klett
15:17 cait hm have to finish somethng else first
15:18 cait maybe in half an hour?
15:19 oleonard No hurry. Thanks.
15:23 * jcamins pokes back.
15:31 JesseM joined #koha
15:41 jcamins Hey, was there a syspref to hide certain fields from the notes box on the OPAC?
15:41 jcamins I feel like I saw something like that.
15:42 cait yep
15:42 cait there is one
15:42 cait I translated the description
15:42 cait look for 5..
15:42 jcamins NotesBlacklist.
15:43 cait yep
15:43 cait :)
15:43 * cait thinks her brain is werid
15:43 cait would be so much easier if I had remembered the name instead :)
15:54 gmcharlt @quote random
15:54 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #7: "Snow_Fox: a rift opens in space the information is shuffled to dev_hyperspace rift then closes" (added by wizzyrea at 03:28 PM, June 18, 2009)
15:54 druthb @quote random
15:54 huginn druthb: Quote #235: "libsysguy: I feel like working on koha is like cooking at the fire station. First one to complain is the next one to cook." (added by wizzyrea at 07:55 PM, March 07, 2013)
16:00 datadoctor I'm loving the new Koha user interface for tablets, especially the animated logo:
16:00 jcamins Animated logo?
16:00 datadoctor so colorful...
16:00 Nik joined #koha
16:01 jcamins Ummm...
16:01 jcamins Have I ever seen that before?
16:01 jcamins DId I push that?
16:01 * druthb suggests that jcamins look at a calendar.
16:01 cait datadoctor: great job :)
16:01 jcamins lol
16:01 jcamins Thanks.
16:01 cait druthb: tsk :)
16:01 datadoctor How long do I wait before I drop the April fools?
16:01 cait you let him off too easy
16:01 jcamins datadoctor: well-played.
16:02 druthb Having been tortured by such things a few too many times, I tend to be kind.
16:02 cait we should put that on the blog :P
16:02 jcamins Did you do that all with CSS?
16:02 druthb Oh, totally!  It's a good 'un.
16:05 jcamins Okay, I have learned something useful.
16:05 jcamins Do not use Alt-arrow keys for previous and next shortcuts.
16:06 maximep why not :S
16:07 datadoctor With a little HTML5 you will be able to completely customize your interface for tablet, as well as adding a pac-man style animated game for slow times in reference.
16:07 druthb datadoctor++
16:07 jcamins maximep: because you will make Mac users want to kill themselves.
16:07 melia joined #koha
16:08 * druthb waves to melia
16:08 datadoctor No Alt key on Mac :(
16:08 melia hiya druthb
16:08 cait jcamins: and that's bad? *hide*
16:08 jcamins datadoctor: yes there is.
16:09 maximep what ? isn't there an alt on mac ?
16:09 maximep also known as option
16:09 jcamins Right next to the control.
16:09 jcamins cait: yes, that's bad. :P
16:10 * cait makes a note about that being bad
16:12 jcamins datadoctor: I'm legitimately curious about how you did that. Was that Photoshop, or did you use CSS to make a mockup?
16:13 * cait thinks photoshop
16:14 cait or gimp
16:14 cait there are white holes in koha and some of the other letters :)
16:15 datadoctor I cut, pasted and colored with GIMP. I was thinking about how tablet users enjoy moving things around, and imagining that all the screen elements could be dragged around. It wouldn't be that hard to "skin" Koha using css backgrounds and style sets. Maybe that will be my next project! :)
16:16 jcamins datadoctor: I actually like the idea of floating things like that on the tablet.
16:18 oleonard Does "hard due date" work in conjunction with or instead of a set loan period?
16:18 jcamins Either.
16:18 datadoctor It is fun to drag items around on a tablet, however device detection is not standardized, so delivering the right content for the right device is difficult.
16:19 oleonard Oh, so if you specify both they work together? "14 days or before 2013-04-30" ?
16:19 jcamins Right.
16:21 datadoctor We tend to use a one-interface-resizes-to-fit-all methodology - and tablets get caught in the middle between deskop-size and phone-size.
16:23 cait oleonard: i am ready to retest now :) have yo time to guide me? :)
16:23 oleonard Yes
16:24 oleonard cait: I was suggesting you check the JSON output of the script directly: /cgi-bin/koha/cataloguing/​biblioitems&field=publishercode&term=Klett
16:24 cait ok
16:24 cait so first have to find my branch
16:25 jenkins_koha Starting build #314 for job Koha_Docs (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:25 jenkins_koha Project Koha_Docs build #314: SUCCESS in 1 min 7 sec: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_Docs/314/
16:25 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: add plugin system
16:25 jenkins_koha * Nicole C. Engard: fix typo
16:27 cait oleonard: got the brnach, now checking configuration
16:27 cait oleonard: gives me nothing but an empy page
16:27 cait http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/[…]ercode&term=Klett
16:28 oleonard Weird, you should get some output even if there are no results
16:29 cait is there anything else I can try?
16:31 cait hm weird
16:31 cait loading that page logs me out of koha?
16:31 cait session timed out
16:31 cait every time i load that link have to log in again
16:32 oleonard Not for me. I wonder if that is part of the problem.
16:33 cait sorry, totally out of ideas
16:33 cait I tried it again from cataloguing, still the same
16:35 cait oleonard: i will try in chromium
16:36 cait same
16:36 oleonard Are you logging in as a superlibrarian?
16:36 cait no
16:36 cait i always use an admin user without superlibrarian
16:36 cait because our libraries don't get superlibraian and I want to make sure I see what they see
16:37 jcamins Вщуы ше цщкл зку-зфеср,
16:37 cait wrong window?
16:37 cait or only wrong keyboard? :)
16:37 jcamins Wrong keyboard.
16:37 cait eah
16:37 jcamins Does it work pre-patch?
16:37 cait the russian made no sense
16:37 cait will try
16:38 cait no
16:38 cait nope
16:38 cait nothing
16:39 cait could someone else try?
16:39 jcamins I have had intermittant problems with the auto-complete, but I was unable to say conlclusively it didn't work because I use Plack.
16:39 jcamins And it was not something I felt like troubleshooting.
16:39 jcamins Also, sometimes it works.
16:39 cait where else do we have autocomplete?
16:39 cait i think somewhere in authorities?
16:40 jcamins Yeah.
16:40 jcamins I don't remember exactly where, though.
16:40 cait same
16:40 cait authority plugin
16:40 cait I get the little wheel
16:40 cait but no suggestions
16:40 cait meh.
16:41 cait ok
16:42 cait I get a bunch of errors when trying to do autocomplete with authorities
16:42 cait
16:44 jcamins Hm.
16:44 jcamins Looks like a bug.
16:44 cait and that's for autocomplete in 260:
16:44 cait
16:44 jcamins If we're lucky, the problem is in C4 because I'm familiar with the authorities search code.
16:45 cait maybe my weird data strikes again?
16:45 jcamins Most likely.
16:45 wahanui i guess most likely is not logrotated
16:45 cait I have lots of saints and medieval names as authorities
16:45 cait got some of the manuscript data
16:45 datadoctor Could it be something related to the specific bibliographic framework?
16:45 jcamins Well- actually, based on the warning, I think it's bad input to the authority search routine.
16:45 cait benedict von nursia and the like
16:46 * cait didn't put bad input!
16:46 cait :)
16:46 jcamins But possibly due to the fact that you are trying to get it to autocomplete with the weird data you have.
16:46 cait the 260 should not look at my weird authorities
16:46 cait and that's working neither
16:46 cait not working... hm
16:49 jcamins If you were talking about a Soviet talking about the Soviet Union, would they say "Motherland" or "Fatherland"?
16:49 cait ??
16:49 oleonard cait: Looks like you're right to not test with superlibrarian, because I think that's part of the problem
16:49 cait oleonard: interesting
16:49 wahanui interesting is sometimes good and sometimes bad
16:50 oleonard I see the same problems as you if I log in as a regular user with cataloging privileges
16:50 jcamins cait: I can't remember.
16:50 nengard okay I belive I am done with bug 9850
16:50 cait oleonard: but that's great :)
16:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9850 normal, P5 - low, ---, nengard, Needs Signoff , Koha 3.12 Help Files Update
16:50 nengard just need a few more sign offs
16:50 cait oleonard: because now I am not crazy! yay!
16:50 nengard and then if the patch to put the version in the URL works for the translators I can apply that to all of the help files
16:50 cait jcamins: I am not very soviet sorry
16:51 oleonard jcamins:[…]soviet+motherland
16:51 cait heh
16:52 jcamins Thanks.
16:55 cait so where are my patches? :P
16:57 jcamins No idea.
16:57 jcamins Where?
16:57 cait I meant hte autocomplete fixing patches :)
16:57 jcamins Oh.
16:57 jcamins Well, they're not coming from me today.
16:57 * cait makes a sad face
17:05 oleonard I don't know enough about how it works to say smart words, but it looks like there's something about the cookie-based session handling that isn't working
17:05 cait oleonard: sounds pretty smart to me
17:05 jcamins bug 9904
17:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9904 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, In Discussion , Link to plugins management should not be in global navigation
17:06 oleonard Did I miss the fact that there isn't a link to plugins under 'Tools' ? Maybe I just assumed.
17:07 cait oh
17:07 cait I assumed too :(
17:07 oleonard Oh no it's there.
17:08 oleonard In what way are plugins a feature which require repeated day-to-day access? I ask because I honestly don't know.
17:09 oleonard khall? nengard_lunch?
17:09 khall yo
17:10 * jcamins goes to eat some lunch.
17:10 oleonard khall: In what way are plugins a feature which require repeated day-to-day access? I ask because I honestly don't know.
17:12 khall It's not that uploading plugins will be a daily affair, but accessing them certainly may be. The two existing links both filter the types of plugins. Removing that link removes the only way to access all plugins at once. If that link was removed, it should have been moved elsewhere instead.
17:12 oleonard What two existing links?
17:13 oleonard Does the link in tools filter?
17:13 khall the plugin link on the reports page, and the plugin link on the tools page. Yes, both filter
17:13 khall The example plugin shows in both because it is both a tool and a report.
17:15 khall This problem will be exacerbated if we add new functionality to the plugins system ( like barcode filtering ). We should definitely have a link that gives access to all the plugins at once
17:16 jcamins Fennel salad is delicious!
17:17 bag yay opening day of baseball!!!
17:17 cait fennel_salad++
17:17 cait khall: how does that work with permissions?
17:17 cait i think reports and tools are separate?
17:18 khall right now there are permissions for running reports, running tools, configuring all plugins, and installing/uninstalling all pluggins
17:19 cait so the link in the toolbar would be to install/uninstall
17:19 cait I am thinking
17:19 cait we could put that on the admin page maybe
17:19 oleonard I still think this problem needs to be solved in a way other than adding to the global nav
17:19 oleonard You could offer more than one link on the tools page for instance
17:19 khall that's what jcamins suggested, I am inclined to agree
17:19 cait below the did you mean plugins
17:20 khall I think the admin page would be more appropriate and less confusing
17:20 cait similar enough for me that I woud look there
17:20 jcamins I actually was not aware of the link in the global navigation at all when I tested it.
17:21 cait what about.... khall offers a patch moving the link there... oleonard checks if it looks ok, I QA and jcamins pushes? :)
17:21 jcamins I was going through the Tools section all along.
17:21 nengard_lunch I didn't read all the way back - but here's how I see it. Plugins is a module - from the Plugins Module you can access the Tools Plugins and the Reports Plugins
17:21 nengard_lunch otherwise you have to go to Tools or the Reports specifically to access the plugins
17:21 cait nengard_lunch: you can only go in there if you can configure them
17:21 cait that sounds administration to me
17:21 nengard_lunch I too made the mistake I think oleonard is - thinking that Plugins are tools
17:21 jcamins Definitely sounds like administration.
17:21 nengard_lunch There are Tools Plugins and there are Reports Plugins and there is a new Plugins module that is accessed to access them both
17:22 cait no not access
17:22 jcamins And in that dropdown on the home page they won't get found.
17:22 oleonard How are plugins a module? Aren't they tools which help operations in other modules?
17:22 cait you can only acess that if you are allowed to configure
17:22 jcamins I think perhaps there are two bugs here.
17:22 khall ok, I'll submit a patch to add the link to the administration
17:22 nengard_lunch Administration makes sense
17:22 cait I think reports, tools and configuration part in administration
17:23 jcamins One is that the link should be in administration.
17:23 khall put it this way, a normal librarian will never see the configuration and installation options, no matter where they look
17:23 jcamins nengard is suggesting a second bug, which is that there is no centralized plugin space that doesn't require administrative privileges.
17:23 khall but a plugin administrator will
17:24 cait hm I think there is a separete permission now for circulation rules
17:24 khall it would be silly to force the admin to look in two different places to see what plugins have been installed
17:24 cait long term we could handle the administration page like we do with the tools page
17:24 jcamins khall: agreed. I'm just thinking for 3.14 maybe there needs to be *another* page.
17:25 khall jcamins, another page for what?
17:25 jcamins khall: nengard just described users wanting to see all the plugins.
17:26 jcamins Right now, the only page that shows all types of plugins is for administration.
17:26 khall ok, I think I understand
17:26 jcamins That seems logical to me, but if, in fact, there is a situation where regular librarians need to see all plugins, there needs to be a new page to enable them to do that.
17:27 cait i think it would all probably depend on he plugin functionality
17:27 cait where it really makes sense
17:27 oleonard Are plugins used by accessing them directly from one of those lists? Or are they managed from those lists?
17:27 khall That's pretty much what the link that was removed did
17:27 khall oleonard, both
17:28 khall If someone has plugins management rights, they see links for configuration and uninstallation
17:28 * cait wants cookies
17:28 * cait goes to search the kitchen for some
17:29 khall so, it still sounds like the plugins link should be added back to the 'more' pulldown
17:29 jcamins khall: I think there needs to be another page added for that link to point to.
17:29 khall it can't go in admin, because the person may not have rights to that, it can't be in tools, because the person may not have rights to that, it can't be in reports because the person may not have rights to that either.
17:29 khall jcamins, I see.
17:30 jcamins Something that anyone with any plugin permissions can see.
17:30 jcamins And probably get a link on the home page, because in that More menu, links might as well not exist, as far as I'm concerned.
17:30 khall and that's what was removed! ; )
17:30 khall Should we add it to
17:30 jcamins That would be my preference.
17:31 jcamins If it's necessary to have it be global, it needs to be somewhere other than More.
17:31 cait if it is on mainpage, it has to be in global somehow
17:31 jcamins To me, "More" means "this is a duplicate link."
17:31 khall ok.
17:31 cait to me more is every module that is not circ patrons and search :)
17:31 cait so did we agree on something now?
17:31 khall Does anyone know where the images for our mainpage 'buttons' are sourced from?
17:32 cait yep
17:32 cait check the about page
17:32 cait you wil lhave to update this one
17:32 khall thanks cait!
17:32 khall Ok, so now, should I add it to just, or to that *and* 'More'?
17:32 cait i think more is only a nother display for what can be accessed from global
17:32 oleonard khall: What are some examples of plugins?
17:33 cait but are we still talking about the configuration page?
17:33 cait or about a new page that shows all plugins installed together?
17:33 khall oleonard, CCFLS is using something like a dozen plugins, but I'll have to rewrite them for the new system.
17:33 cait and I meant mainpage and global navigation should be the same... (still no cookies)
17:34 oleonard khall: Can you name a few plugins and tell me what they do?
17:34 jcamins cait: what would cookies be used for?
17:34 khall Examples: Catalog Card generator, Magazine generateor, overdues notice generator
17:34 cait jcamins: to make me happier
17:35 khall Access PAreport A Report of the data neccessary to fill out the Access PA report form.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Acquisitions Reportreport Acquisitions ReportKyle M Hall02/24/2011
17:35 khall Bulk Edit Item Locationstool A utility to edit item locations in bulk.Kyle M Hall03/08/2011
17:35 khall Catalog Card Printertool A utility to print catalog cards.Kyle M Hall03/24/2009
17:35 khall Clubs & Services - Active Membersreport Lists the patrons enrolled in a club or service, broken down by type and active/inactive.Kyle M Hall06/22/2010
17:35 khall Clubs & Services - Members by Items Issued & Data1report Creates a table of member activity broken down by enrollment data1 and items issued.Kyle M Hall06/22/2010
17:35 khall Clubs & Services - Patronsreport Lists the patrons enrolled in a club or service, with activity.Kyle M Hall06/22/2010
17:35 khall Clubs & Services - Patrons by Municipalityreport List the number of enrolled patrons by Municipality.Kyle M Hall08/09/2011
17:35 khall Daily Reportreport A daily report that displays useful statistics that vary day to day.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Delete Items by Barcodetool A utility to delete items by scanning barcodes.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Delete Magazinestool A utility to delete magazines in bulk.Kyle M Hall06/23/2010
17:35 oleonard What I'm thinking now is that we don't have a "plugins list" page for librarians, we just list the plugins themselves under reports and tools. List them by name, maybe in a separate box
17:35 khall Expired Patronsreport Generates a list of patrons with expired cards.Kyle M Hall02/11/2009
17:35 khall Inventory / Stocktakingtool A tool for taking inventory.Kyle M Hall11/04/2011
17:35 khall Issues by Callnumber Range - Annualreport A report giving issuing activity over the last 12 months, broken down by category code.Kyle M Hall02/01/2009
17:35 khall Issues by Category Code - 12 Month Analysisreport A report giving issuing activity over the last 12 months, broken down by category code.Kyle M Hall02/01/2009
17:35 khall Issues by Category Codereport A report giving checkout/renewal activity over a given period of time, broken down by category code.Kyle M Hall06/08/2010
17:35 khall Issues by Category Code ( All Categories ).report A report giving checkout/renewal activity over a given period of time, broken down by category code, including those with 0 issues.Kyle M Hall06/08/2010
17:35 khall Issues by Item Typereport A report giving checkout activity over a given period of time, broken down by item type.Kyle M Hall02/01/2009
17:35 khall Issues Listreport A report listing all checkout/renewal activity over a given period of time.Kyle M Hall07/16/2010
17:35 khall Items by Callnumber Rangereport A report giving issuing activity over the last 12 months, broken down by category code.Kyle M Hall02/01/2009
17:35 khall Items by Category Codereport A report giving the number of catalogued items for each category code.Kyle M Hall06/29/2010
17:35 khall Items by Category Code with Activityreport A report giving the number of catalogued items for each category code, with the number of items which have been issued in the past 12 months.Kyle M Hall10/24/2011
17:35 khall Items by Circulationreport A report for generating lists of items by circulation in a given period of time.Kyle M Hall01/28/2009
17:35 cait khall is spamming us
17:35 khall Items by Issuesreport A report of items by number of issues.Kyle M Hall01/29/2009
17:35 khall Items by Total Circulationreport A report for generating lists of items by circulation in a given period of time.Kyle M Hall01/28/2009
17:35 cait :P
17:35 khall Last Used Item Barcodereport Displays the last used item barcode.Kyle M Hall02/11/2009
17:35 khall Lost Itemsreport A report for generating lists of lost items.Kyle M Hall01/28/2009
17:35 khall Materials by Copyright Datereport A report for generating lists of items by copyright date.Kyle M Hall01/28/2009
17:35 khall Overdue Noticesreport This report generates a list of overdue notices based on the supplied information.Kyle M Hall02/17/2009
17:35 khall Patrons by Age Groupreport A report that list patrons by age groupKyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Patrons by Categoryreport A breakdown of library patrons by category code.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Generate Patrons Listreport Generates a list of patrons matching the given criteria, either in html or csv format.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 khall Periodicals Generatortool A tool to generate MARC files and label files for periodicals.Kyle M Hall12/13/2010
17:35 khall Spine Label Printer (BML)tool A utility to print spine labels on standard label sheets.Kyle M Hall03/23/2009
17:35 khall Spine Label Printer (MPL)tool A utility to print spine labels on standard label sheets.Kyle M Hall03/23/2009
17:35 oleonard Yeah okay that's enough.
17:35 khall Ready Items for Shelvingtool A utility to clear temporary location and not for loan statusKyle M Hall03/08/2011
17:35 khall Set Item Locationtool A utility to set an item's location quickly by scanning barcodes.Kyle M Hall11/30/2011
17:35 khall Shelf List ( For Overdue Items )report This report generates a shelf list for checking for items accidentally re-shelved without being returned.Kyle M Hall02/16/2009
17:35 khall Unused Item Barcode Gapsreport Lists the ranges of barcodes that have remained unused though barcodes exist later in the sequence.Kyle M Hall01/27/2009
17:35 cait stooop :)
17:35 khall apologies ; )
17:35 khall oleonard, I had thought of that, but the list could get very long
17:36 oleonard I think "plugins" doesn't make much sense from a librarian point of view
17:36 oleonard So if some of these are things that will get frequent use, how can we incorporate them into the workflow sensibly?
17:37 khall oleonard, I can imagine all the tool plugins having a 'block' under the existing 3 columns
17:37 khall if we can flow them from one column to the next that would look nice and be more like what you are thinking of
17:38 khall On the reports page, we have room for a 3rd column, so that would be simpler
17:38 cait hm some of them look like they should be integrated n existing features/modules
17:38 cait or already are
17:39 khall CCFLS is still running 3.0ish Koha
17:41 khall I'm working on getting them up to speed
17:43 khall ok, so I'll add a Plugins link to for now. I can work with Owen to figure out a nicer way to display the installed plugins later
17:45 cait khall: before you get to work on it - I think I would not like it to be only on mainpage
17:45 khall cait, where else?
17:45 cait mainpage mirrors what is in the global navigation
17:45 cait so if it was not htere, I think that would be confusing
17:45 cait I'd really like adminitration best for now I think
17:45 cait unti lwe figure it out
17:45 cait and without you having to change something about the way it works
17:46 cait jcamins: oleonard?
17:46 wahanui oleonard is not really here.  He said so.  He did!
17:46 cait right... now they are all hiding
17:46 oleonard I would think either tools or admin
17:48 cait we could still change it for 3.14 - once we have a better idea how people are using them
17:48 khall the problem being both of those require permissions a plugin admin may not have
17:48 cait khall: why?
17:48 cait funds are on admin too and perm belongs to acquisitions
17:49 cait and there is a subpermission for circulation conditions now
17:49 khall each of those pages have their own set of permissions required for access. Those permissions do not imply nor are implied by the permissions for plugin management
17:50 cait not sure I get that
17:50 khall cait, ok it sounds like there is precedence set, so I'll go for administration then
17:50 khall at least that way I don't have to find an icon ; )
17:50 cait maybe a puzzle piece
17:53 * cait didn's say anything
17:55 khall heh
18:01 khall[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9964
18:01 huginn Bug 9964: minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Add plugins management link to the Administration page
18:07 rambutan joined #koha
18:22 talljoy1 joined #koha
18:33 trendynick joined #koha
18:39 khall oleonard, I think this may be closer to what you are looking for:[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9965
18:39 huginn Bug 9965: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Improve integration of report plugins with existing reports
18:40 oleonard khall: Are there existing reports plugins which work in master?
18:42 khall I'm afraid not. I'll have to write some!
18:42 khall The one should be enough for testing purposes though
18:45 bgkriegel joined #koha
19:14 nguyenquocuy joined #koha
19:14 nguyenquocuy Hi every one
19:14 oleonard Hi nguyenquocuy
19:15 nguyenquocuy i'm joining this for the first time, Oleanard
19:15 cait hi nguyenquocuy
19:15 nguyenquocuy yes, i have a question, please help!
19:16 oleonard We cannot help you nguyenquocuy. You have not asked a question!
19:17 nguyenquocuy why not?
19:17 oleonard Because you have not asked a question yet :)
19:17 datadoctor that
19:17 nguyenquocuy aha
19:17 datadoctor is a good question
19:18 cait nguyenquocuy: don't let them confuse you, just ask :)
19:18 nguyenquocuy i installed koha packages on ubuntu, and made some instances. But one instance got long name (>9 letters), KOHA said, can't create...
19:18 cait ah, I think I know why that is
19:18 cait thy mysql password can't be longer than x letters
19:18 nguyenquocuy no, that;s not problem
19:19 cait are you sure?
19:19 cait ah not the password
19:19 cait the username
19:19 wahanui hmmm... the username is koha_instancename
19:19 cait and the instances add some prefix to that
19:19 nguyenquocuy problem is, that instance  appears in koha-list
19:19 nguyenquocuy and the zebraserver stop working with that
19:19 datadoctor The username and password may be limited to 16 characters each.
19:20 datadoctor In mySQL
19:20 nguyenquocuy yes, i know that, but why does it still appears in koha-list, and i can't remove it
19:20 cait datadoctor: that's what I was told, and I think it automatically adds _koha or something to your instance name
19:20 cait so that would make 9
19:20 jcamins nguyenquocuy: it appears in koha-list because there is a directory in /etc/koha/sites/longinstance
19:21 jcamins *at
19:21 nguyenquocuy so if i remove that folder, it will dissappear?
19:21 nguyenquocuy ok, give me 1 min to try
19:22 jcamins You are also going to have a dangling file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/longinstance
19:22 wahanui okay, jcamins.
19:22 jcamins you?
19:23 cait you are?
19:23 cait You?
19:23 wahanui You are welcome, I also tried the other - moving js out of translated paths or going to have a dangling file in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/longinstance
19:23 cait ah
19:23 nguyenquocuy ok, exactly jcamins,
19:23 jcamins So if you remove the dangling symlink from Apache, you should be back to where you started.
19:23 jcamins And now you know to use shorter instance names. :)
19:24 nguyenquocuy ok, understood. Thanks. And why does zebra server stop working with that?
19:24 kathryn joined #koha
19:24 jcamins Because it created the directory before configuring everything.
19:25 jcamins I think.
19:25 jcamins So Zebra was trying to load configuration files that didn't exist.
19:26 cait good morning kathryn
19:27 kathryn hello cait :)
19:27 chris_n wahanui: forget You
19:27 wahanui chris_n: I forgot you
19:28 nguyenquocuy Oops, yes, when i type koha-rebuild-zebra..., i received "grep: /etc/apache2/sites-available/thhiepthanh3: No such file or directory" and " unable to locate Koha configuration file koha-conf.xml at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 360"
19:28 * chris_n thinks that may be bad english
19:29 nguyenquocuy hello chris_n
19:30 nguyenquocuy i saw you lots of time in mailing list :)
19:32 datadoctor nguyenquocuy, are you able to use zebra at this point?
19:32 datadoctor In other words, how are your search results?
19:33 nguyenquocuy now it's working. When i removed longinstancename, it works.
19:33 datadoctor Great!
19:33 nguyenquocuy i just don't know how to remove it before, and jcamins told me, remove folder in /etc/koha/sites
19:33 nguyenquocuy thanks all!
19:35 nguyenquocuy the " sudo koha-remove {instance}" doesn't work with longinstance name :)
19:35 jcamins Yeah, it would be good to add more checking to koha-create and koha-remove.
19:37 nguyenquocuy yes. I comes from vietnam. I have just taken a roll in Koha-Live DVD 3.14, and try to understand more about Koha, especially backup and zebra server
19:38 jcamins Wait, what live DVD?
19:40 nguyenquocuy yes, make Koha live DVD andCD
19:40 jcamins Oh, I see.
19:40 jcamins I thought you were saying that you *installed* the live DVD for 3.14.
19:40 jcamins And that worried me, since 3.12 isn't out yet. :)
19:40 nguyenquocuy i joined in team, leader by Virmal, he said i can do it in 3.14
19:41 nguyenquocuy now is time for learning more and more :)
19:41 jcamins Excellent!
19:41 nguyenquocuy haha, sorry, my bad english
19:41 jcamins No, I'm mostly focusing on other things.
19:41 jcamins So it's easy for me to misunderstand things.
19:42 nguyenquocuy ok. i'm trying to make Koha be come popular in my country, it's not easy.
19:42 nguyenquocuy where do you come from, jcamins?
19:42 jcamins I live in New York (city).
19:43 nguyenquocuy i'm living in russia now, but i'm vietnamese
19:43 nguyenquocuy nice to see you!
19:43 jcamins Где в России?
19:44 datadoctor nguyenquocoy - Koha is one of the best open source softwares that I have seen. Everyone should try it! :)
19:44 jcamins :)
19:44 nguyenquocuy как ты по-руский говоришь?
19:44 nguyenquocuy классно
19:45 nguyenquocuy i'm living in Rostov-on-Don
19:45 cait datadoctor++ heh :)
19:45 nguyenquocuy yes, datadoctor, i agree with u
19:46 jcamins Я изучал русски в университете. Сейчас же я перевожу русский плакаты.
19:46 jcamins I've only been in Russia for 10 days.
19:46 jcamins Moscow.
19:46 nguyenquocuy when have you been in russia?
19:46 nguyenquocuy i have lived here for 6-7 years :)
19:46 jcamins Wait. 17 days.
19:47 jcamins I was in Moscow for 17 days starting Christmas Eve 2007.
19:47 nguyenquocuy finish university and now PhD
19:48 nguyenquocuy have u been in Red square? it was nice, wasn't it?
19:48 jcamins It was. We went ice skating on Christmas day.
19:48 jcamins It was wonderful.
19:48 jcamins And cold.
19:48 nguyenquocuy :)
19:48 jcamins What are you studying?
19:49 rangi morning
19:49 nguyenquocuy electric-controll and information system
19:49 cait morning rangi :)
19:49 nguyenquocuy morning rangi
19:49 jcamins Morning.
19:49 wahanui Ah, morning. The cat must be wanting breakfast.
19:51 chris_n the cat was scratching the door @ 2am this morning wanting breakfast :P
19:52 druthb The last time my cat did that, I had a lengthy conversation with him, reminding him gently that in certain parts of the world, cat is a delicacy.
19:52 druthb …and that Global Express shipping has gotten cheaper, of late.
19:52 jcamins druthb: did he believe you?
19:52 jcamins Or did he say "I'm still bigger than you, feed me now!"?
19:52 druthb He didn't, but his co-conspirator (the Pixel-cat) did..
19:53 * cait thinks druthb can probably be quite scary
19:53 druthb naah!
19:53 jcamins cait: yeah, but Captain Midnight is big enough that I suspect nothing short of a saber-tooth tiger would phase him.
19:54 cait hmm
19:54 druthb 10 kg of fluff n bad attitude.
19:55 jcamins Hard to say which is more prevalent?
19:56 jcamins nguyenquocuy: you'll notice that #koha tends to spend a lot of time talking about cats and food, particularly dessert.
19:56 jcamins It is possible that I may have something to do with this.
19:57 jcamins ... on the subject of which, the wasabi-ginger chocolate chip cookies were a failure.
19:57 hello joined #koha
19:57 jcamins Not enough wasabi!
19:57 druthb aw!
19:58 nguyenquocuy it's Ok :)
19:58 nguyenquocuy it's time to relax
19:59 MrAgent075 joined #koha
20:00 nguyenquocuy jcamins, i'm using koha 3.8.7 for testing, and wanna upgrade to 3.8.11, but when i type sudo apt-get update, i got this error
20:01 nguyenquocuy A error occurred during the signature verification. The repository is not updated and the previous index files will be used. GPG error: oldstable InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 3C9356BBA2E41F10  W: Failed to fetch
20:01 nguyenquocuy what's up?
20:02 jcamins Ah, yeah, we updated our signatures.
20:02 jcamins packages?
20:02 wahanui i guess packages is at
20:02 jcamins ^^ on that page there is a command that includes "apt-key" somewhere in it.
20:02 jcamins Rerun that command.
20:02 nguyenquocuy not in[…]ubuntu_-_packages ? i often use this guide
20:02 nguyenquocuy ok, i'll check it
20:03 jcamins It's probably in both.
20:04 nengard left #koha
20:06 nguyenquocuy i saw it, did it change recently?
20:06 jcamins I'm not sure. I mostly ignore the installation instructions.
20:06 jcamins Actually, I mostly ignore the wiki.
20:07 jcamins Too many patches!
20:08 nguyenquocuy yes, and where are u working now?
20:08 * oleonard is spending too much time on Bug 8278 considering no one uses the feature
20:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
20:08 talljoy joined #koha
20:09 jcamins Right now I'm doing some translation and cataloging for a dealer in "vintage posters." Since I have my own business, I am somewhere different every day of the week.
20:10 * oleonard wants to see the local cover images for that catalog!
20:10 jcamins oleonard: it's not in Koha. :(
20:10 jcamins Actually, I'm doing a lot of the cataloging off of photographs.
20:10 jcamins They have a professional photographer.
20:10 nguyenquocuy are u a programmer? jcamins
20:11 jcamins It's nice. No trying to handle a 2m x 3m poster in a space the size of a bathtub.
20:11 * cait giggles
20:12 cait that would make a good video :)
20:12 jcamins I would say "no," but given the amount of my code in Koha... I leave it for you to decide. :)
20:12 jcamins cait: hehe.
20:12 cait oleonard: but more should probably - it's a nice feature :)
20:12 cait if it would work
20:13 nguyenquocuy :)
20:13 jcamins rangi: bug 9928 is for you.
20:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9928 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Passed QA , no way to see all purchase suggestions at all
20:14 rangi thanks
20:14 jcamins Thank you!
20:14 jcamins The more you take out of the PQA queue, the less I have!
20:14 jcamins I have 10.
20:14 nguyenquocuy i have a website for public Koha in vietnam, how can i bring this windows (i mean irc chat) directly to my website?
20:15 wizzyrea you can make a mibbit widget and have a connection that way
20:15 jcamins I think mibbit is your best bet.
20:15 nguyenquocuy or just need to point a link here?
20:15 cait morning wizzyrea
20:15 wizzyrea sec
20:15 nguyenquocuy ok/
20:15 wizzyrea[…]t&channel=%23koha
20:16 wizzyrea that link would probably do
20:16 wizzyrea there's also a widget on this page
20:17 nguyenquocuy yes, i'm reading :)
20:19 nguyenquocuy is this widget, which we are using to chat here?
20:19 nguyenquocuy i'm in
20:20 jcamins For the record, the people who came up with the idea of using "milliard" for "billion" (or vice versa) should be ashamed of themselves.
20:20 oleonard rangi: There is some session-related weirdness with Bug 8278 that I though you might be able to help me with. I just added some details to the bug.
20:20 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8278 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Replace YUI autocomplete in UNIMARC 210c plugin
20:21 rangi ill try to take a look oleonard
20:21 oleonard Thanks
20:21 * oleonard will see you all later
20:21 wizzyrea milliard?
20:24 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, I blame the French.
20:27 hello joined #koha
20:28 Guest910 hello
20:28 wizzyrea oh, guess it's working.
20:29 mib_e4l0hc joined #koha
20:29 alohabot Hi mib_e4l0hc, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
20:29 mib_e4l0hc hello
20:29 jcamins What's working?
20:30 wizzyrea mibbit.
20:30 mib_e4l0hc sorry, it's me nguyenquocuy, i'm testing with this widget in my website
20:30 mib_e4l0hc it only works
20:30 jcamins Ah.
20:30 mib_e4l0hc how easily!
20:30 mib_e4l0hc thanks
20:33 wizzyrea :) you're welcome
20:34 * jcamins heads home.
20:34 wizzyrea later :)
20:35 * druthb waves to wizzyrea, n sends a hi from her Minion, too
20:35 wizzyrea hey! how's it goin?
20:35 wizzyrea how is the new job?
20:35 druthb good, good!
20:36 druthb Love it here.  Great folks, doing neat things, good bennies, and the energy is just amazing,
20:38 druthb Some things never change, though…I've inherited a project that no one else really wants. :P
20:38 cait oh
20:39 wizzyrea ah yep
20:41 * druthb buzzes off for the day.  see y'all soon!
20:41 wizzyrea later!
20:56 hihi joined #koha
20:59 mib_lnbfj2 joined #koha
20:59 alohabot Hi mib_lnbfj2, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
20:59 mib_lnbfj2 hi
20:59 wahanui hello, mib_lnbfj2
21:00 maximep joined #koha
21:01 mib_axn1yf joined #koha
21:01 alohabot Hi mib_axn1yf, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:06 datadoctor joined #koha
21:09 mib_usmqzv joined #koha
21:09 alohabot Hi mib_usmqzv, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:29 rambutan joined #koha
21:35 mib_4y8mgc joined #koha
21:35 alohabot Hi mib_4y8mgc, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:38 mib_xble6z joined #koha
21:38 alohabot Hi mib_xble6z, Welcome to #koha. Feel free to use the '/nick yourname' command to choose a different name. alohabot, wahanui, and huginn are bots. If you need any help, just ask - there's usually someone around to help :)
21:38 * jcamins thinks someone is playing with mibbit. :)
21:39 mib_xble6z it's me :), still learning something
21:39 mib_xble6z sorry if disturb u :)
21:40 jcamins Not at all.
21:40 jcamins I just think you're playing with mibbit. :)
21:40 mib_xble6z :)
21:42 jcamins Bah, humbug. All the patches that require review are difficult.
21:42 jcamins Okay, not quite all.
21:51 mib_xble6z jcamins, i have a question :)
21:52 mib_xble6z this is my new widget with mibbit
21:52 mib_xble6z <iframe width="670" height="350"  src="[…]reamlib-community"></iframe>
21:53 mib_xble6z i used the same server as like here. My question is, does server save my chat with another in vietnamese? how can i access it? Here i see Koha logged, the chat every day
21:54 jcamins No. You'd have to set up a log bot.
21:54 mib_xble6z how?
21:54 jcamins I don't really know how to do that.
21:55 mib_xble6z yes, it seem not easily to figure out
21:55 jcamins Here's a log bot:
21:56 jcamins gmcharlt: what do you use for your logbot?
21:56 mib_xble6z so i have to install this thing in my VPS?
21:56 jcamins Yes.
21:57 jcamins Though if you search you might be able to find hosted log bot services.
21:57 mib_xble6z and what next? point widget to my server?
21:57 gmcharlt jcamins: nothing :) rangi runs the logbot
21:57 cjh there is also the public logs:
21:57 mib_xble6z thanks
21:57 jcamins gmcharlt: yeah, but you run #evergreen's, don't you? And rangi isn't here.
21:58 gmcharlt #koha's bot is
21:58 riba joined #koha
21:59 mib_xble6z yes, jcamins sent me this, so there is some works to finish.
22:00 cait jcamins: why is rangi not here?
22:00 jcamins cait: taking the kids to school?
22:00 eythian I can see him from here
22:00 cait heh
22:00 jcamins Oh.
22:00 jcamins Never mind, then.
22:01 cait he just ignores us :P
22:01 rangi hmm?
22:01 mib_xble6z :)
22:01 mib_xble6z so after i install ilbot, what's next?
22:02 * jcamins doesn't know, sorry.
22:02 jcamins I think you tell the bot to log into your channel.
22:02 cait hm why another logbot btw?
22:02 wizzyrea has anyone else had an issue where pasting something into, say, opacnav, it doesn't get saved correctly? maybe that's an ubuntu only issue.
22:02 jcamins wizzyrea: yes.
22:02 cait wizzyrea: did yo have only one pref on that page?
22:02 wizzyrea no
22:02 cait because I had that happen yesterday
22:02 jcamins I always thought it was a Mac-only issue.
22:02 wizzyrea cool so it's not just me
22:03 cait I couldn't reproduce it properly but it has happened
22:03 mib_xble6z i have never faced that issue
22:03 mib_xble6z i'm using ubuntu, too
22:03 wizzyrea cool they tell me it's a browser thing
22:03 wizzyrea because there are no keyboard strokes
22:03 wizzyrea it doesn't detect that there's something to save
22:04 wizzyrea so just bang a space on the end or something.
22:04 wizzyrea they = eythian and rangi
22:04 jcamins Yeah.
22:04 jcamins That was my workaround.
22:04 gmcharlt Evergreen uses the SupyBot channel logger, and a local PHP script written by tsbere to display them:[…]ry;f=irc_logs.php
22:05 * tsbere is not used to getting alerts from his IRC client for #koha discussions
22:05 gmcharlt :)
22:06 jcamins tsbere: you think that's weird, just wait until senator, Dyrcona, gmcharlt, and jeff are all talking in here.
22:06 eythian wahanui: tsbere is <reply>if you say tsbere three times, he will appear.
22:06 wahanui OK, eythian.
22:06 senator boo
22:06 * gmcharlt makes note to schedule next Evergreen dev meeting to be held in #koha ;)
22:06 cait heh
22:06 jcamins Guaranteed to give you a good three minutes of confusion while you wonder how your windows got swapped.
22:06 mib_xble6z is there a package install ilbot?
22:07 mib_xble6z in ubuntu, i hope.
22:07 tsbere It was partially the timing of it all. I literally logged in remotely to grab a file I left on my desktop at the office and while I was opening folders the client pinged me. ;)
22:09 jcamins mib_xble6z: doesn't look like it.
22:10 gmcharlt mib_xble6z: looks like not
22:10 gmcharlt oops
22:11 mib_xble6z ok, let me have a look at install guide
22:21 cait @wunder Konstanz
22:21 huginn cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 2.0°C (12:00 AM CEST on April 02, 2013). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 61%. Dew Point: -3.0°C. Pressure: 29.70 in 1006 hPa (Falling).
22:22 eythian @wunder nzwn
22:22 huginn eythian: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 18.0°C (9:00 AM NZDT on April 02, 2013). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 83%. Dew Point: 15.0°C. Pressure: 29.98 in 1015 hPa (Steady).
22:22 wizzyrea is nice.
22:22 eythian it's uncharacteristically warm for this time of year I think
22:22 cait opposite here
22:22 eythian yeah, we're keeping your summer sorry
22:22 eythian you're not getting it back for a bit yet
22:22 jcamins It's spring here.
22:23 jcamins It was *pouring* as I walked back from the subway.
22:23 cait heh
22:23 jcamins It stopped as I reached my building.
22:23 cait eythian: hand over summer - I expect to see some spring tomorow! :)
22:23 cait and now i amgoing to sleep
22:23 cait night all
22:23 wahanui goodnight cait. You'll be back.
22:23 wizzyrea lol <3 love that bot.
22:23 cait left #koha
22:24 eythian[…]n/wellington-city <-- cait, done
22:24 eythian oh
22:24 * wizzyrea holds summer hostage in the southern hemisphere
22:25 wizzyrea actually I'm about ready for a change :P
22:26 eythian well, supposed to be three days of showers from tomorrow.
22:26 eythian then back to normal
22:26 ibeardslee howling southerlies with horizontal rain?
22:27 eythian no, not that normal. The new normal.
22:29 JesseM_away left #koha
22:41 jcamins Ugh.
22:41 jcamins I knew 6554 was going to be a problem.
22:42 jcamins On the plus side, after two days of on-and-off testing, I found the problem.
22:42 eythian it looks like a big one, anyway
22:42 jcamins Yeah.
22:42 jcamins Wait.
22:42 jcamins Actually, I found a different bug.
22:42 jcamins Hey, this is good!
22:42 jcamins I think 6554 passes!
22:43 jcamins damaged is a TINYINT.
22:43 jcamins Or...
22:44 jcamins Yes.
22:44 jcamins Also, authorized values aren't compatible with Plack.
22:44 wizzyrea that is very not good.
22:44 eythian that's an issue
22:44 jcamins Well, I suppose they're compatible.
22:44 jcamins As long as you don't want to change them.
22:44 jcamins Ever.
22:45 rangi sounds like an easy fix, change the in module cache to actually use a sensible caching mechanism and/or make setting one flush the cache (or inject the new value)
22:46 jcamins Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure the problem is the pl files.
22:46 jcamins Or, at least, part of the problem.
22:54 jcamins Okay, I'm pushing 6554.
22:54 jcamins If there are problems, someone will spot them.
22:54 rangi cait++ # 101 bugs passed QA last month from her and now look signed off is below 100, and below needs signoff for the first time in over a year
22:54 bag awesome
22:54 bag cait++
22:56 wizzyrea \o/ that is serious winning.
22:56 wizzyrea cait++
22:56 jcamins And then there's 9572.
22:57 wizzyrea bug 9572
22:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9572 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Opac info tooltip from branches is not well positioned
22:57 jcamins And 9613.
23:00 MrAgent075 cait++ [ woot!! :D ]
23:01 wizzyrea bug 9613
23:01 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9613 minor, P5 - low, ---, fridolyn.somers, Passed QA , items namespace missing in XSLT
23:01 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_6554' into 3.12-master <[…]92e651f3aef588209> / Bug 6554 Followup for circulation patron search <[…]68af314985c80a1c7> / Bug 6554: Followup for <[…]c78b905811ed4869a
23:09 jenkins_koha Starting build #1132 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
23:09 mib_xble6z sorry to jump into your conversation, can u tell me how to install module perl CGI in ubuntu server?
23:10 mib_xble6z i used sudo cpan> install CGI , failed,
23:10 jcamins Don't use CPAN.
23:10 jcamins Ever, really.
23:10 mib_xble6z used sudo apt-get install libcgi-perl , failed
23:10 wizzyrea how did it fail
23:11 mib_xble6z koha@mail:~$ sudo apt-get install libcgi-perl Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree        Reading state information... Done Package libcgi-perl is not available, but is referred to by another package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or is only available from another source  E: Package 'libcgi-perl' has no insta
23:11 mib_xble6z i'm trying to install ilbot in my VPS
23:12 mib_xble6z yes, i often use sudo apt-get, but some time, doesn't work, so i tried cpan :)
23:12 jcamins What I would do now is look at and search for
23:15 eythian libcgi-pm-perl
23:15 mib_xble6z ok, give me 1 min to try
23:15 eythian though, it's also provided by perl-modules
23:15 eythian so you probably already have it
23:15 mib_xble6z thanks, done
23:16 mib_xble6z how to u find that? i still have some module can't install
23:16 eythian $ apt-file search
23:16 mib_xble6z ok
23:20 mib_xble6z and if i wanna search for this Encode::Guess, what should i type? apt-file search it has the same problem
23:21 jcamins
23:21 mib_xble6z the last one?
23:21 wahanui the last one is the first one if you look backwards.
23:22 jcamins Yup.
23:22 mib_xble6z oops, how interesting
23:25 eythian or Encode/
23:25 eythian if you want to be more specific
23:26 mib_xble6z koha@mail:~$ apt-file search libencode-perl: /usr/lib/perl5/Encode/ libtext-csv-encoded-perl: /usr/share/perl5/Text/CSV/E​ncoded/Coder/ perl: /usr/lib/perl/5.14.2/Encode/
23:26 mib_xble6z there are 3 module, which to choose?
23:27 eythian There are only two
23:27 eythian the middle one isn't what you're looking for
23:27 eythian and of the two, one is perl itself
23:27 mib_xble6z ah, they are in /usr/lib/perl
23:32 aquaman1 joined #koha
23:38 maximep left #koha
23:45 papa joined #koha
23:46 jcamins mib_xble6z: why did you think the modules were missing?
23:46 jcamins eythian: BTW, any idea why mtj wrote a patch that installs the separately packaged modules?
23:47 jcamins I haven't seen him around in a while.
23:48 mtj heya, jcamins  - about :)
23:48 jcamins mtj: oh, why did you write a patch changing the dependency to not be on perl-modules? I didn't follow what the difference was.
23:49 mtj the idea is pretty simple, its based on the assumption that newer is better
23:50 mtj thats about it… :p
23:50 jcamins Hm.
23:51 * jcamins is not sure he agrees with that assumption.
23:51 jcamins I'm not sure I disagree, either.
23:52 mtj if in doubt…. use the newer package
23:53 mtj afaict, they have bug or security fixes
23:54 eythian perl-modules will also get security fixes if needed
23:54 jcamins I had understood that perl-modules was supposed to get security fixes too.
23:55 eythian and in fact, on ubuntu it may get fixes where the individual package doesn't
23:55 mtj well, the one thing i am curious/unsure about is…. why those fixes were not just added to perl-modules
23:56 jcamins My understanding was that they hadn't necessarily been vetted for security.
23:56 mtj … rather than creating a whole new package for the fix
23:57 jcamins Not that I particularly follow these things.
23:57 eythian On Ubuntu, won't get security updates because it's in universe, whereas the version in perl-modules will as it's in main.
23:57 mtj hmm, well in that case… the older modules in perl-module may be more secure after all  :)
23:59 mtj ah, ok - thats a pretty good point

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary