IRC log for #koha, 2012-11-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 eythian wahanui: php is also
00:02 wahanui okay, eythian.
00:17 cait-m joined #koha
00:24 stefan-l joined #koha
00:28 tcohen joined #koha
00:33 mtj robin, stop taunting the bot
00:33 eythian it was looking bored
00:35 mtj wow, that veekun post is detailed
00:36 eythian it is
00:36 mtj aah, ive read this one before
00:37 mtj the 'toolbox' analogy :)
00:38 mtj hmmm, i might write an email to koha-dev encourging people to start deving/testing koha stuff, on mariadb
00:38 rangi cant hurt
00:38 eythian not a bad idea.
00:39 jcamins_away Worth a try.
00:39 tcohen should work out of the box
00:39 jcamins chris_n tried Koha w/MariaDB.
00:40 mtj i did the switch the day after we last meet (japanese with kate) and so far… no problems at all?!
00:40 jcamins I think he ran into two problematic queries that he patched, and that was it.
00:40 jcamins Or something like that.
00:42 mtj yeah, i heard he bumped into some incompatible sql, back then - ive get to find any...
00:42 jcamins I think he fixed it.
00:42 mtj … and ive being running maria for 6 weeks now (just checked)
00:43 mtj ive even been QA-ing on my master+maria setup  (sshhh)
00:45 jcamins That's good.
00:45 jcamins You'll catch more problems.
00:45 mtj my reasoning is… it's wise to start testing on maria *before* mysql/oracle explodes
00:46 jcamins Agreed.
00:47 jcamins Where would I have put my magnifying glass and loupe?
00:47 mtj if a bunch of us devs switched to mariadb now, we could be testing koha+maria as we do our everyday koha work
00:48 mtj its a 'two birds, with one stone' thing :)
00:48 jcamins Answer: right next to my computer, you dummy.
00:48 * jcamins sighs.
00:48 jcamins I hate it when I do that.
00:57 Manderson jcamins: what might cause a zebra index to become corrupted?
00:58 jcamins Manderson: many things.
00:58 Manderson I was just reading about how to recover from a corrupted index, but I'm wondering what the liklihood of something like that happening is?
00:58 jcamins Sneezing is a common one.
00:58 jcamins No, in all honesty I have no idea. It does happen not infrequently, though.
00:59 Manderson Wondering if it has to do with contention..?
00:59 Manderson Bulk imports occuring simultaneously or maybe concurrent cataloging?
01:00 Manderson Trying to decipher your last sentence...
01:00 Manderson "It does happen not infrequently"
01:00 Manderson happens frequently? :)
01:01 eythian no, just not infrequently
01:02 Manderson :P
01:04 jcamins Nope, nothing to do with contention.
01:04 jcamins Indexes aren't updated in realtime.
01:04 jcamins Well, that's not entirely true.
01:04 jcamins If you manage to deadlock two indexing processes, you'll corrupt your indexes.
01:05 jcamins You'll also almost certainly crash your server.
01:05 jcamins That person is treating Bugzilla like we're a support vendor.
01:06 rangi yep, i think replying and saying, please ask on the mailing list for support questions or contact a support vendor
01:07 * jcamins would not manage to do it diplomatically.
01:07 rangi ill have a go
01:07 jcamins And eythian's translation of my sentence was accurate.
01:07 jcamins It doesn't happen frequently, it just doesn't happen infrequently.
01:07 mtj jcamins?
01:07 wahanui it has been said that jcamins is too young to be the President of the United States.  Which is a pity, because he had the votes at the 3.12 election.
01:07 eythian There's a big gap inbetween the two edges.
01:08 jcamins mtj: yes?
01:09 mtj ah, sorry - i was fishing for wahanui's recent quote for you…. but its changed
01:10 eythian wahanui: literal jcamins
01:10 wahanui eythian: jcamins =is= RM for 3.12, and just about the only one crazy enough to work on major projects in both authorities and search.|brilliant|too young to be the President of the United States.  Which is a pity, because he had the votes at the 3.12 election.
01:10 rangi there did my best
01:11 mtj rangi++ perfect
01:12 rangi bug 9031
01:12 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9031 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Overdue items crossing DST boundary throw invalid local time exception
01:12 rangi he's right, wtf arent we storing in utc ?
01:13 jcamins I'd think we ought to, at least.
01:13 rangi however im sure as hell not going to try and implement that now :)
01:14 eythian It's not always the best idea (though it might be in this case.) E.g. you might want "17:00" to mean 5pm no matter the time zone for some cases.
01:14 jcamins eythian: I don't think that's how it would work.
01:15 jcamins We store times only in one locale.
01:15 eythian hmm, true
01:15 rangi yeah we just use whatever the servers locale is
01:16 rangi however to change that to utc, would involve a lot of changes
01:16 rangi i think ill just sign off some patches instead
01:16 jcamins Good plan.
01:16 jcamins rangi++
01:18 Manderson Thanks for the input, guys!
01:28 Manderson When I catalog something manually, or import it from Z3950, it doesn't show up in the catalog, but if I do a bulk import, all those will show up - any idea what's going on?
01:28 rangi you dont have your cron jobs set up to reindex?
01:28 jcamins Yes.
01:28 jcamins You don't have your cron job set up, and you're reindexing when you do a bulk import.
01:29 jcamins Right, that's it!
01:29 * jcamins is done answering questions until he's _sure_ rangi isn't responding too.
01:29 rangi lol
01:29 Manderson that's the script, correct?
01:29 rangi yep
01:29 rangi should run it with -z
01:29 rangi have a look at crontab.example file
01:29 Manderson Of course, when I ask you, it now does it.
01:30 jcamins It only runs every n minutes.
01:31 Manderson Ok, it got the one that I manually cataloged, but the ones I've attempted to import via z3950 still haven't been indexed...
01:31 Manderson jcamins: I just ran in manually
01:32 jcamins With -r or -z?
01:32 jcamins If -r didn't pick them up, you neglected to click "save."
01:33 Manderson I'll try that
01:34 Manderson That picked them up!
01:35 jcamins Yay!
01:38 Manderson Thank you - this is a learning process for me :)
01:42 mtj anyone got a good suggestion for logging bugs for warning messages in koha
01:42 mtj ive created an 'omnibus' bug here -> bug 8817
01:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8817 normal, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , omnibus bug for warning messages
01:43 mtj so, do we log a new bug for every warning message spotted, or just paste them all in that bug?
01:44 mtj any opinions? i was thinking an omnibus bug might be a little less hassle for people...
01:45 mtj … thus encouraging them to log annoying warning they spot
02:33 eythian wahanui: is it beer o'clock yet?
02:33 eythian wahanui: isitbeero'clockyet?
02:33 eythian wahanui: isitbeeroclockyet?
02:34 eythian wahanui: are you there?
02:34 wahanui wish i knew, eythian
02:37 jcamins beer o'clock?
02:38 eythian it's approaching.
02:38 jcamins wahanui: beer o'clock is a vital part of the Koha development process.
02:38 wahanui OK, jcamins.
02:45 mtj yeah, im def. thinking about beer about now…
02:46 mtj (not quite sure that i've earned one yet :/ )
02:46 * jcamins is making rum chocolate chip cookies.
02:51 mtj tahini and homemade peanut-butter on sourdough , over here
02:52 mtj and a little dash of butter
02:56 jcamins Mmm.
03:00 rangi @marc 003
03:00 huginn rangi: The MARC code for the organization whose control number is contained in field 001 (Control Number). []
03:00 rangi jcamins: shoudl 003 be mandatory?
03:00 rangi i could try to read the specs
03:03 mtj heres are related Q… should 942-itemtype be a required field, when cataloging?
03:04 jcamins rangi: I'm not sure, honestly.
03:04 mtj it is currently - and it bugs me stupid! i wanna send a patch to disable that, on new installs
03:04 jcamins mtj: that makes sense to me.
03:04 rangi mtj: dont do that
03:04 jcamins Oh, no, don't do that.
03:04 mtj no?
03:04 rangi unless your patch respects the syspref
03:04 jcamins rangi says not to.
03:04 jcamins Ohhh.
03:04 jcamins Right.
03:04 rangi with itemlevelitemtypes
03:05 rangi otherwise all your circ, is a mess
03:06 mtj so, item-level_itypes is set to item, not bib -  by default
03:06 jcamins rangi: in principle, 001 should have biblionumber and 003 should have some sort of library identifier, always.
03:07 mtj … therefore, that 942-itemtype should be set off, too?
03:07 jcamins mtj: the problem with that is that if you switch the syspref, the framework won't respect that.
03:08 mtj hmm, yeah i can a bug around this… :/
03:08 jcamins The way kados decided to do frameworks was damn stupid.
03:09 jcamins Wouldn't be such a problem if we did things sanely.
03:09 mtj the real fix is to finally remove 'item-level_itypes' syspref , and hardcode it to 'item'
03:10 jcamins I'm not sure I agree with that.
03:10 rangi i definitely dont
03:10 rangi i wish people would stop removing features people use
03:10 rangi because they dont use them themselves
03:11 rangi at least 70% of the bugs i have fixed in the last 7 years
03:11 rangi is putting shit back
03:11 rangi and theres still stuff like catalogue maintenance that i havent put back yet
03:11 mtj yeah, i gotta agree :/
03:11 rangi so dont remove that feature then :)
03:12 mtj so, idiot-mode here -  what does having a koha with item-level_itypes set to bibs, do?
03:12 rangi circulation rules use that itemtype
03:13 mtj is that a feature?
03:13 rangi yes
03:13 rangi thats why it is there
03:14 jcamins Who QAed 8989?
03:15 mtj i just did
03:15 jcamins Thanks.
03:16 rangi mtj: jcamins just reminded me the display is a lot nicer with biblio level itemtypes
03:16 rangi but now im done for the week
03:17 mtj hows your big gay red-shirt day going over there, chris?
03:17 rangi most ppl were like me and forgot i think
03:18 jcamins Red shirt?
03:18 jcamins Are you going to get killed on an away mission? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
03:19 mtj[…]day-today-5206860
03:23 mtj for me, 'item-level_itypes' and 'independant_branches' have been two things ive never really understood in Koha :/
03:26 mtj but then again… i dont know any Koha dev that would say they do completely understand either of those 2 sysprefs
03:30 druthb joined #koha
03:31 druthb o/
03:33 druthb wahanui: jcamins?
03:33 wahanui jcamins is RM for 3.12, and just about the only one crazy enough to work on major projects in both authorities and search.
03:33 druthb @seen jcamins
03:33 huginn druthb: jcamins was last seen in #koha 14 minutes and 26 seconds ago: <jcamins> Are you going to get killed on an away mission? Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!
03:33 * druthb must now go look at the logs, to see what *that* was about...
03:50 stefan-l left #koha
04:22 jcamins tests++
04:22 jcamins A test saved me from pushing a broken master.
04:28 jcamins Oh, wait.
04:28 jcamins That's weird.
04:28 jcamins Never mind.
04:33 jcamins Okay, pushed a couple of patches.
04:34 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Merge branch 'bug_8832' into 3.12-master <[…]77ed44cb0c83a09df> / Bug 8832: Increment version number <[…]053d76ccfc041a436> / Bug 8989 - Availability facet needs an id <[…]415443505e687220e
04:35 jcamins mtj: did you QA your own patch on bug 6428?
04:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6428 normal, P2, ---, nunyo, Passed QA , refered column 'items.coded_location_qualifier' does not exist
04:35 mtj no
04:35 jcamins Okay.
04:35 jcamins Good. :)
04:36 mtj i qae-ed Nuño's patch
04:36 jcamins I'm having some trouble following that bug.
04:37 jcamins You wrote a patch, it was signed off, it failed QA, and then Nuno wrote a counter-patch that was signed off and passed QA?
04:40 mtj yep, pretty much
04:40 jcamins Got it.
04:41 mtj my patch was to remove coded_location_qualifier stuff from the frameworks, as it was never used...
04:41 mtj nuno's patch was just to add the coded_location_qualifier col to items table
04:42 mtj ultimately his patch probably was the best choice
04:43 mtj it was simplier to fix, and allows people to use that marc-tag in the future
04:43 jenkins_koha Starting build #936 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
04:53 Irma joined #koha
05:35 druthb wahoo!  Got a pootle server breathing!
05:41 * druthb does a happy-geek dance.
05:51 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #936: SUCCESS in 1 hr 8 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/936/
05:51 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 8832: Update the gist pref and hide the tax rate value if not needed
05:51 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8972 - Due Date set to 100 years ago
05:51 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 8989 - Availability facet needs an id
05:51 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 8832: Increment version number
05:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8832 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , can't enter a tax rate on vendor or when ordering
05:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8972 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Due Date set to 100 years ago.
05:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8989 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Availability facet needs an id
06:11 BobB_ joined #koha
06:12 stefan-l joined #koha
06:20 druthb_away joined #koha
06:24 laurence joined #koha
06:28 francharb joined #koha
06:29 druthb bip++
06:30 francharb good morning all
06:30 druthb g'morning, francharb! :)
06:30 francharb 0/ druthb
06:44 druthb_away joined #koha
06:47 * druthb scratches her head.
06:52 * magnuse waves
06:55 druthb_away joined #koha
06:57 magnuse hang in there druthb :-)
06:57 druthb Hi, magnuse. :)
06:57 druthb I've been tweaking bip. :)
06:58 magnuse ah
06:58 magnuse that would do it :-)
07:00 druthb I'm lovin' it!
07:00 * magnuse found the config file for bip somewhat daunting
07:00 magnuse but it kinda cool once it's running
07:01 druthb yep.
07:01 druthb I used the autoconfig script, and that helped.
07:01 druthb Then had to coax Pidgin on my laptop to talk to it...
07:02 magnuse and now you can forget about it and just let it do its job :-)
07:02 druthb a-yup.  I need to coax AndroIRC on my tablet yet, but that'll keep.
07:03 druthb_ joined #koha
07:03 druthb_ :P
07:04 magnuse yay you can talk to yourself now :-)
07:04 druthb I do that all the time.
07:04 druthb_ She does that all the time.
07:04 magnuse lol
07:04 druthb :)
07:07 magnuse ooh #dancer has a bot that says things like "Welcome mib_y3vb63!  Feel free to use /nick yournickhere to select a nicer nick.  If you need any help, ask away - there's usually someone around to help."
07:07 magnuse that's nice
07:07 * magnuse is assuming it's triggered by the mib_ part
07:08 druthb probably.
07:13 * druthb heads to bed.
07:24 alex_a bonjour
07:25 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:33 alex_a bonjour magnuse
07:34 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 11.0°C (8:00 AM CET on November 09, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
07:34 magnuse @wunder boo
07:34 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 2.0°C (8:20 AM CET on November 09, 2012). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: -2.0°C. Pressure: 29.62 in 1003 hPa (Steady).
07:34 alex_a ouch
07:34 magnuse hehe
07:34 magnuse not too bad
07:34 julian_m joined #koha
07:40 paul_p joined #koha
07:43 sophie_m joined #koha
07:45 magnuse bonjour julian_m paul_p sophie_m
07:45 julian_m hello magnuse
07:45 reiveune joined #koha
07:45 sophie_m hi magnuse
07:46 reiveune hello
07:46 magnuse hiya reiveune
07:46 reiveune salut magnuse :)
07:48 magnuse ooh, the global bug squashing weekend is already started:[…]squashing_weekend
07:55 Joubu joined #koha
07:56 Joubu hello #koha
07:57 magnuse hiya Joubu
07:58 paul_p joined #koha
07:59 cait joined #koha
07:59 magnuse Needs signoff: 108
07:59 magnuse In discussion: 80
07:59 magnuse Failed QA: 98
07:59 cait morning
08:00 magnuse Patch does not apply: 36
08:00 magnuse hiya cait
08:15 matts hi !
08:15 cait hi matts :)
08:16 lds joined #koha
08:18 magnuse Severity: blocker, critical, major, normal, minor, trivial + Status: In Discussion, Needs Signoff + Version: 3.10, master = 42 bugs
08:18 magnuse[…]10&version=master
09:04 lds joined #koha
09:58 lms1 joined #koha
09:59 sophie_m joined #koha
10:54 paul_p joined #koha
11:23 paul_p joined #koha
11:35 cait-m joined #koha
11:36 cait joined #koha
11:40 cait1 joined #koha
11:46 magnuse huh, i can't install the "Development Version" of the packages on Debian 6.0.6?
11:47 magnuse where's eythian when you need him? ;-)
11:50 cait1 bug 5229
11:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5229 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , OPACItemsResultsDisplay preference does not work with XSLT results
11:50 cait1 bug 7441
11:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7441 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Patch doesn't apply , search results showing wrong branch?
11:50 cait1 bug 5079
11:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5079 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, elliott, Needs Signoff , Make display of shelving location and call number in XSLT results controlled by sysprefs
11:52 magnuse cait++
11:54 magnuse hm, sounds like  OPACItemsResultsDisplay would still let all the branch names be shown, not just "Available copies: 24"?
11:54 cait1 magnuse: maybe, but could be a third setting?
11:54 magnuse yeah
11:59 magnuse not sure if bug 9028 is a duplicate of 5079, i have marked them as "See Also" at least
11:59 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9028 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Optionally show only the number of available copies in result lists in OPAC
11:59 magnuse will investigate further, but not now
12:00 paul_p joined #koha
12:13 jwagner joined #koha
12:20 cait-m joined #koha
12:22 tcohen joined #koha
12:24 cait1 left #koha
12:26 magnuse @later tell jcamins: shouldn't "sudo apt-get install koha-common" work on debian 6.0.6?
12:26 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
12:27 jcamins_away magnuse: yes.
12:27 jcamins_away And it does for me.
12:28 jcamins What error are you getting?
12:28 magnuse jcamins: not for me. i'm on a freshly installed linode
12:28 magnuse one sec
12:29 pastebot "magnuse" at pasted "installing squeeze-dev" (70 lines) at
12:30 magnuse i'm doing squeeze-dev, not squeeze
12:30 magnuse looks like CHI is the problem
12:30 jcamins I had that problem.
12:31 jcamins It was the architecture.
12:31 jcamins I thought eythian and I fixed it.
12:31 magnuse ah the multiarch thing i saw someone talking about?
12:31 jcamins Yeah.
12:31 magnuse ...but didn't understand much of
12:32 * jcamins either.
12:32 jcamins I got from eythian that the package was i386 only, so I built x64 packages.
12:32 jcamins Unfortunately, it looks like they still aren't installing without some sort of magic.
12:34 magnuse do you know the magic?
12:34 jcamins No. :(
12:34 magnuse or is that reserved for eythian the high wizard of packages? ;-)
12:34 magnuse ah
12:34 jcamins I can't find it in my bash history.
12:36 jcamins Oh, maybe that has to do with the fact that I use pbuilder on Ubuntu now...
12:37 tcohen @wunder Cordoba, Argentina
12:37 huginn tcohen: The current temperature in Cordoba Aerodrome, Argentina is 20.0°C (9:00 AM ART on November 09, 2012). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 66%. Dew Point: 16.0°C. Pressure: 29.64 in 1004 hPa (Rising).
12:37 jcamins I think I still have the build scripts.
12:37 tcohen morning #koha
12:39 * jcamins isn't sure how to fix it this morning.
12:40 jcamins The easy thing to do is simply delete CHI from the dependency list when building the package.
12:40 magnuse "sudo dpkg --print-architecture" says amd64
12:41 magnuse hm, i'm trying to just install the official packages, not build my own, this time
12:44 NateC joined #koha
12:44 magnuse kia ora NateC!
12:45 jcamins I suspect I built the amd64 packages incorrectly.
12:47 magnuse could 32 bit be better? this is way over my voodoo level...
12:48 jcamins 32-bit is definitely a lot easier.
12:48 magnuse ah
12:48 jcamins I understand it Just Works.
12:48 magnuse yay :-)
12:49 magnuse i'll try that
12:50 magnuse i just want to have a server where my customers can test 3.10 with their own data
12:53 jcamins Then, yeah, i386 would probably be more convenient.
12:55 magnuse okelydokely, and thanks jcamins
13:06 magnuse this looks like it is going smoother, yes :-)
13:11 ericar joined #koha
13:15 oleonard joined #koha
13:18 oleonard Hi #koha
13:20 magnuse time from booting a fresh linode to logging in to koha as myself: 30 minutes :-)
13:21 * magnuse needs some fresh air now
13:28 lds joined #koha
13:35 cait joined #koha
13:36 edveal joined #koha
13:44 oleonard I wish the update page that said "We're updating you from to" was the page that showed what updates were going to be performed.
13:45 oleonard Seems sensible to give you an idea of what is going to happen.
13:46 cait oleonard: hm?
13:46 oleonard When you have to update the database?
13:46 cait aah
13:47 cait so before doing it, already show the comments for the updates?
13:48 oleonard Yes, the comments in
13:49 oleonard Just an idle thought.
13:51 * cait nods
13:53 talljoy joined #koha
13:53 chris_n too bad installer does not bold or red this: Warning to Koha System Administrators: If you use borrower attributes.....
13:57 oleonard chris_n: We should put in a memo to corporate asking authorization to requisition a work order to develop a spec on defining a committee to explore that option
13:59 chris_n lol
13:59 * chris_n wonders what oleonard had for breakfast
14:01 druthb too many carbs, it sounds like.
14:01 oleonard Or maybe not /enough/!
14:01 cait oleonard: I think he spent too much time at meetings maybe
14:02 cait left #koha
14:13 cait-m joined #koha
14:13 sophie_m joined #koha
14:27 oleonard Man, Firefox has been crashy crashy this week. I wish I knew whether it was the browser or the addons.
14:31 cait joined #koha
14:49 maximep joined #koha
14:53 oleonard Between Bug 9034 and Bug 9044 the detail page is starting to look like this:[…]23_7f5213360f.jpg
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9034 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Add sorting and filtering on items table (catalogue/
14:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9044 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Allow to select items on catalogue/ and trigger actions
14:54 cait lol
14:54 cait well, that's not really good
14:55 cait do you have ideas how to make it work? :(
14:55 cait maybe we need prefs or permissions to be able to create an easier view?
14:56 oleonard I'd like to see 9044 tied either to patron category or to a permission
14:56 sophie_m joined #koha
14:56 oleonard I'm not sure how to handle 9034... Perhaps only trigger the filters if there are more than X attached items?
14:57 cait oleonard: sounds like a good thought to me
14:57 cait but what is X?
14:58 oleonard I don't know.
14:58 oleonard It's only my assumption that the filter feature is being added for a library that has so many items they can't easily find it by scanning the list
14:59 cait yep
14:59 cait I think hte bigger university libraries with lots of branches maybe
14:59 cait or for use with serial items
15:02 oleonard We really need a system of user preferences to go along with user permissions.
15:04 jcamins oleonard: updatedatabase as it works now does not provide any possibility of listing upgrades that will be performed.
15:04 jcamins That's one of the arguments for the non-linear updates.
15:05 cait jcamins: hm, but couldn't it be done? even with linear?
15:07 jcamins cait: it'd still require a complete rewrite of the update system.
15:07 jcamins And "non-linear" doesn't mean that updates would be applied out of order by default.
15:07 cait hm ok
15:13 jcamins @later tell rangi Would it be possible for you to set it up so that we can step bug statuses on Bugzilla backwards? (Pushed to Master->Passed QA, Passed QA->Signed Off, Signed Off->Needs Signoff)
15:13 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
15:13 chris_n oleonard: bug 9017
15:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9017 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Quote of the day: Table footer not translated
15:13 oleonard Yes?
15:14 cait jcamins: love that idea
15:14 oleonard I see chris_n, thanks.
15:15 cait getting ready to switch trains... again
15:15 cait bye
15:21 vfernandes joined #koha
15:21 vfernandes hi guys
15:21 vfernandes it's possible to improve Zebra searches?
15:22 jcamins vfernandes: yes, that's why I have proposed a search rewrite.
15:22 jcamins Search rewrite?
15:22 wahanui Search rewrite is probably[…]earch_Rewrite_RFC
15:22 jcamins ^^ there is the proposal.
15:22 jcamins I'm starting 1(b).ii. and 1(b).iii.
15:22 vfernandes http://catalogo.biblioteca.isc[…] it takes sometimes 15 seconds to return results
15:22 jcamins If you mean, "is there an easy way to improve things?" the answer is no, unfortunately.
15:23 jcamins It's not Zebra that takes so long.
15:23 jcamins I thought you meant improving the results.
15:23 jcamins You can disable COinS on the results page, and itemtype icons.
15:24 jcamins And reduce the number of results shown per page.
15:24 jcamins Simply upgrading the system might be what's called for, of course.
15:24 jcamins It's the number of results.
15:24 jcamins You have 150 on a page.
15:25 vfernandes yes that's what the client wants
15:25 jcamins With COinS enabled.
15:25 vfernandes COinS?
15:25 oleonard 150 is a lot!
15:25 jcamins Yeah. I don't know what it stands for CO in Span, I think.
15:26 jcamins *stands for; CO...
15:26 jcamins ContextObject in Span.
15:26 jcamins Just rolls off the tongue, doesn't it?
15:27 vfernandes how to disable COinS
15:27 jcamins Unfortunately, I think I have some bad news for you... the syspref was added in 3.4, as I recall.
15:27 Manderson Does Koha support multiple catalogs?
15:27 jcamins Yup.
15:27 jcamins Manderson: what do you mean?
15:28 jcamins vfernandes: since you're on 3.2.10, I don't think there's anything you can do about performance.
15:28 Manderson Well, if I had three different library catalogs and I wanted to combine them into one 'logical' library without disturbing the other outside catalogs.
15:28 jcamins Tell the client they need to reduce the number of results per page if they want it to be faster.
15:28 jcamins Manderson: if you mean federated searching, yes.
15:29 vfernandes ok thanks jcamins
15:29 jcamins Koha supports federated searching via Z39.50.
15:29 Manderson Well, meaning, if I got a copy of their actual mysql database, could I import that as a new database on the same server as mine?
15:29 Manderson different name of course
15:30 jcamins Ah.
15:30 jcamins You could, but shouldn't.
15:30 JesseM joined #koha
15:30 jcamins If the canonical source of data isn't Koha, don't put the data into a Koha installation.
15:31 jcamins You'll just go crazy trying to deal with syncing.
15:31 Manderson What I am thinking is that I could import them, and have them running on their own z3950 server so that it would be a federated search
15:31 Manderson of course, I'd have to have a separate zebra server for each one, I suppose
15:31 jcamins It'd be possible, but I'd say it'd be a pretty terrible idea.
15:32 jcamins You'd have to sync the data daily with the actual catalog.
15:32 jcamins Better to just query the actual catalog directly.
15:32 Manderson This is what we go through now, unfortunately.
15:33 * jcamins wouldn't be able to use IRC if he had to do that... he would've bludgeoned himself to death with the nearest blunt object.
15:33 jcamins Why do you do that? I think probably Koha offers you a solution that isn't awful.
15:34 Manderson Our customers get a full copy of another library's catalog. The other library is on a closed network, so we don't have access to it.
15:34 Manderson But our customers want to query their data...
15:34 Manderson *sigh*
15:34 Manderson it's an awful setup.
15:35 jcamins You're right.
15:35 Manderson hahhaha
15:35 jcamins the problem?
15:35 wahanui somebody said the problem was that on order is not treated differently than the other not for loan values
15:35 jcamins the problem?
15:35 wahanui the problem is, like, that on order is not treated differently than the other not for loan values
15:35 jcamins problem?
15:35 wahanui problem is it's human beings doing it. Rebuild your indexes.
15:35 jcamins There we go.
15:35 Manderson LOL
15:35 jcamins Koha can't fix political issues.
15:35 jcamins So, yeah, totally doable.
15:35 Manderson But you think it would have to be via Z3950 server and separate zebra indexes?
15:37 Manderson that's how I have it planned in my head
15:39 jcamins Well...
15:39 jcamins how many records?
15:39 Manderson Millions.
15:39 jcamins Yes.
15:39 jcamins You wouldn't want to import that many every week.
15:39 Manderson Pretty large data sets.
15:39 Manderson We do it multiple times per week
15:40 Manderson We're CCRRRRAAAAZZZYYYY
15:40 Manderson :)
15:40 jcamins Yeah, separate Zebra index is the way to go.
15:40 jcamins Is there availability information in those records?
15:40 francharb hey there
15:40 francharb hope everyone is doing well
15:40 jcamins Hi francharb!
15:40 francharb jcamins, hi!
15:41 Manderson jcamins: availability information?
15:41 wahanui somebody said availability information was passed in directly by C4::Search.
15:41 francharb hey, jcamins I'm trying to understand this :[…]ent#Improved_Koha.27s_authority_linker_cron_job_.28mi​
15:41 jcamins Manderson: item information.
15:41 wahanui item information is, like, interesting
15:41 Manderson YEs
15:41 francharb but it's not clear to me
15:41 jcamins Manderson: that's a shame. :P
15:42 francharb Can I ask you some question?
15:42 jcamins francharb: what are you having trouble with?
15:42 jcamins Of course!
15:42 francharb first : it 's the relation between and the syspref
15:42 francharb Do I need to set up the cronjob to make the linkers work?
15:43 jcamins obeys the syspref.
15:43 jcamins No.
15:43 jcamins You need the cron job only if you are reloading authorities.
15:43 jcamins Or loading authorities after bibs.
15:43 francharb ok! understood! :)
15:44 jcamins Oh, and, of course, you have to run it once when you first start using Koha.
15:44 francharb ok
15:44 francharb then, I have hard time to understand " CatalogModuleRelink "
15:44 francharb I found your patch
15:44 francharb and explanation as well about this one
15:44 jcamins However, you may not even need it with UNIMARC, since your authorities generally involve only one subdivision.
15:45 jcamins CatalogModuleRelink sets whether the linker is run after a librarian manually edits the record.
15:45 francharb ok
15:46 jcamins So if a librarian manually links a heading to the authority for Camins-Esakov, Jared--Bibliography then changes it to Camins-Esakov, Jared--Coin collections, if CatalogModuleRelink is set to "Do," the heading will get linked to the authority for Camins-Esakov, Jared--Coin collections.
15:46 francharb jcamins, it means the linker doesn't work only for new authorities but with every authorities previously catalogued, right?
15:46 jcamins It will not change existing bib records unless you tell it to.
15:47 francharb ok
15:47 jcamins But it will use your entire authority file for linking.
15:48 francharb jcamins, when you say "manually link a heading" what does it mean? the librarian use the authority plugin to retrieve the authority, right?
15:48 jcamins Exactly.
15:48 francharb ok
15:49 francharb jcamins, so what the difference with " LinkerRelink "?
15:49 francharb s/so what/so what is/
15:49 francharb ;)
15:49 jcamins With LinkerRelink set to "Don't," no link will ever be changed.
15:50 francharb so with your previous example, the link won't change?
15:53 jcamins Right.
15:53 francharb even if you turn CatalogModuleRelink to "Do"?
15:54 * jcamins can't remember. Let me check.
15:54 francharb ok
15:55 francharb (thank you for you patience!) ;)
15:55 cait-m joined #koha
15:55 jcamins That's correct. If LinkerRelink is set to "Don't," the linker will _never_ relink a heading.
15:57 francharb thank you very much! I think I have enought information to explane it to the librarians I'm working with and see if it's relevant for them!
15:57 francharb thanks!
15:57 francharb :)
15:57 jcamins You're welcome.
15:58 jcamins Detailed bug reports explaining when it doesn't work are always welcomed.
15:59 francharb sure! :)
16:03 reiveune bye
16:03 reiveune left #koha
16:19 francharb jcamins, it all became clearer but I still have a little bit of greyness in the final understanding! I'm going to rewrite your example. could you tell me if i'm right?
16:19 francharb CatalogModuleRelink sets whether the linker is run after a librarian manually edits the record.
16:19 wahanui i already had it that way, francharb.
16:19 francharb So if a librarian manually links a heading to the authority for "Camins-Esakov, Jared--Bibliography" (meaning that he used the authority plugin to chose it within the authority file) then changes it to "Camins-Esakov, Jared--Coin collections" (meaning that he changed the heading within the biblio not using the authority plugin). if CatalogModuleRelink is set to "Do," the heading will get linked to the authority for "Camins-Esa
16:19 francharb kov, Jared--Coin collections" because the linker goes through the autority file, find the good one and is able to relink the autority to the heading.
16:19 jcamins Exactly.
16:19 francharb \0/
16:20 francharb thank you
16:20 francharb it's clear now!
16:20 jcamins You're welcome. :)
16:20 jcamins Yay!
16:20 francharb :)
16:23 cait joined #koha
16:30 Manderson Can someone give me an estimate for how large the zebra indexes can get for larger catalogs? Are we looking at hundreds of megabytes? Gigabytes?
16:30 Manderson Let's just say with a DB containing 1M biblio records with associated items.
16:30 cait more gb then mb then
16:30 cait I think
16:31 jcamins 1M records...
16:31 Manderson Wonder if there's a ratio of index size to db size
16:31 jcamins There is not, exactly.
16:32 jcamins Assume 1GB per 50k records.
16:32 Manderson Wow! Really?
16:33 jcamins Let me put it this way:
16:33 jcamins right now you can requisition for 1TB drives and stick them in the server.
16:33 jcamins *four
16:33 jcamins (for a total usable space of 2TB.
16:34 jcamins When the index fails 990k records in due to loss of disk space, you'll be _really_ unhappy.
16:34 * jcamins would actually double that allowance, come to think of it.
16:34 Manderson ouch
16:35 jcamins *lack of disk space
16:35 jcamins wtf is with my English?
16:35 Manderson I'm not too much concerned about actual storage space as I am about how big the indexes are...
16:35 cait we index a lot of things
16:35 jcamins We have a huge number of indexes.
16:35 cait jcamins: you are talking to me too much, it damages your english
16:35 jcamins I'd say 99% of the indexes are likely to be unused.
16:35 cait hm maybe 80
16:36 cait %
16:36 jcamins cait: this is an external database.
16:36 cait but soem are probably only used under very special circumstances
16:36 jcamins So we're looking at keyword, title, subject, and maybe author.
16:36 cait jcamins: hm?
16:36 cait I am not sure i can follow you right now
16:37 jcamins In Manderson's case, he's planning for a database used only for federated search via PazPar2.
16:37 Manderson Is the list of what is actually indexed on the wiki? Or should I go rooting in the zebra.cnf?
16:37 jcamins So a lot of the indexes we use in Koha probably won't actually be used.
16:37 francharb jcamins, last question (sorry! I feel like being annoying! ;^) : I was reading and there is this comment  "# By default we probably don't want to relink things when cataloging". Do you remember what you meant? I can't see when the relink can be processed if not during cataloguing actually...
16:37 magnuse and then there is shadow indexing
16:37 jcamins magnuse: that's the doubling.
16:37 cait jcamins: aaah now I get you
16:37 jcamins francharb: that's the way it worked before the patch.
16:37 cait jcamins: in that case it should be possible to slim it down a lot
16:38 jcamins cait: yeah, but does that really seem like a good idea?
16:38 * jcamins thinks not.
16:38 cait jcamins: you are confusing me.
16:38 cait but it could be the annoying train travel
16:38 * cait waves at francharb
16:38 cait but... the train is moving again at least
16:38 francharb hey cait ! :)
16:38 jcamins cait: slimming it down would involve local changes to Zebra config files.
16:39 jcamins Local changes are anathema to easy troubleshooting.
16:39 cait jcamins: yes, that is true -but if the database is only used for search and nothing else... shouldn't it be possible ot keep them in control? (the changes)
16:39 cait jcamins: true
16:39 jcamins cait: I'd rather spend a couple hundred on hard drives.
16:39 francharb jcamins, what? before you're patch, the relink was or wasn't during the cataloguing?
16:40 jcamins Manderson: you can see the indexes in etc/zebradb/marc_defs/marc2​1/koha-biblio-zebradefs.xsl
16:40 cait hey magnuse
16:40 jcamins francharb: before my patch, headings were never relinked during cataloging.
16:40 jcamins francharb: possibly they were supposed to, but there was a bug and the linking didn't actually occur.
16:40 cait magnuse: I think the trip from oslo to stuttgart was shorter than the trip from reutlingen to konstanz....
16:41 francharb ok jcamins
16:41 wahanui i guess jcamins is RM for 3.12, and just about the only one crazy enough to work on major projects in both authorities and search.
16:41 francharb jcamins, after this one, I swear, I
16:41 francharb will stop asking question
16:41 jcamins Hehe.
16:42 francharb is there another way to relink heading than during cataloguing?
16:42 francharb with the cronjob?
16:42 jcamins By running
16:42 jcamins Right.
16:42 jcamins That used to be the only option, and it used to take days and days and days because there was a massive memory leak in C4::AuthoritiesMarc.
16:43 cait :) but you fixed it!
16:43 Manderson jcamins: thank you, I'll take a look
16:43 jcamins I did, yes.
16:43 jcamins Memory leaks are also anathema to troubleshooting.
16:43 francharb thank you jcamins, that was my last one!
16:43 cait heh
16:43 francharb for today! ;)
16:43 francharb ;)
16:43 francharb :)
16:43 jcamins :)
16:44 francharb I'm going to check the cronjob now! \0/ and then time for a break! :)
16:44 * cait sends francharb and jcamins cookies
16:44 francharb cait, ++
16:44 francharb :)
16:45 cait ok, almost home now - bbl
16:45 cait left #koha
16:47 * druthb pouts.  She didn't give me cookies.
16:47 * jcamins should wear more ascots and cravats.
16:47 jcamins Perhaps this should be my new year's resolution.
16:47 druthb o.O
16:47 druthb O.o
16:48 oleonard jcamins' new look:[…]/5/54/Freddie.gif
16:49 francharb ascots and cravats++
16:49 jcamins No, not that kind.
16:49 jcamins I want the high kind.
16:49 * francharb wants to knit more to do that :[…]s-cowls/birdwing/
16:50 jcamins francharb: oooh. That's pretty nice looking.
16:50 francharb during winter I'm scarves obsessed
16:50 francharb :)
16:50 francharb jcamins, I know!!!
16:50 francharb :)
16:50 * oleonard confirms it--never saw francharb without his scarf
16:50 francharb one day, hopefully, I will be a better knitter to do that
16:51 francharb oleonard, :)
16:51 jcamins I think I could do that.
16:51 francharb rooo! I'm jealous!
16:51 francharb :)
16:52 oleonard For the next Hackfest jcamins can send hand-made scarves instead of fudge
16:52 jcamins Looks pretty straightforward... mostly just ribbing and decreasing.
16:52 jcamins And increasing, of course.
16:52 jcamins What gets me are the cables.
16:52 magnuse cait-m: weird distances in germany? :-)
16:53 jcamins Also piecework, though that's small enough that I think I could manage it all at one tension.
16:53 francharb there are 3 parts knitted togother... It's maybe easier than I think... humm! I'm will check that with my knitting friend!
16:53 francharb :)
16:55 magnuse oy, why are you people not talking about food?
16:55 jcamins magnuse: I think it's 'cause my scarf nearly blew away as I was walking down the street.
16:56 magnuse distractions!
16:56 jcamins And because I don't wear T-shirts.
16:56 oleonard In that case jcamins you need a scarf that won't blow away:[…]Fourth_Doctor.jpg
16:57 jcamins lol
17:00 francharb cronjob checked! linker thing understood! Guess I can take a break now... \0/
17:00 francharb see ya
17:01 * magnuse wishes francharb_afk could teleport that understanding into his own head
17:02 melia joined #koha
17:03 jcamins magnuse: it's really very simple. The frotzen kvortzen and spazzen.
17:03 magnuse jcamins: i need to add support for authorities to normarc. normarc does not have a authorities format. does reusing the marc21 frameworks and associated paraphernalia sound too crazy?
17:03 jcamins Makes perfect sense to me.
17:04 magnuse ah, well that should be ok then, with the kvortzen and the spazzen
17:04 magnuse jcamins: cool
17:04 magnuse when i did the bulk of the normarc work i put it off because there wasn't a normarc framwork, and then i promptly forgot all about it, until the "get to know koha" day on wednesday
17:04 francharb_afk magnuse : I can try to do a documention from a librarian perspective like 'i'm cataloguing, i do this, that... if CatalogModuleRelink is set to "Do", then.... if not...
17:05 magnuse francharb_afk: that would be super awesome!
17:06 francharb_afk that's what I'm going to do in french. I can translate it in english. I let you know when it's done! I guess next week. ;)
17:06 francharb_afk time to go
17:06 francharb_afk seee ya
17:06 jcamins I am missing four manuscripts.
17:07 * chris_n tries to calm a patron who was fined $3200.25
17:07 chris_n turns out a librarian fat-fingered the year of the due date: 1912
17:08 magnuse chris_n: retroactive fines - yay!
17:09 chris_n it was a big disappointment to the librarians who thought they now had funding for lots of new stuff ;-)
17:10 jcamins chris_n: there was just a patch for that.
17:10 * chris_n considers an amortization module for fines
17:11 chris_n jcamins: at least a check to verify that the due date is in the future
17:11 chris_n jcamins: was it for fines or circulation?
17:12 * chris_n could add a check while fixing the due date field verification foo
17:12 jcamins chris_n: it was for circulation.
17:12 jcamins I just pushed it.
17:13 jcamins Bug 8972
17:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8972 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Due Date set to 100 years ago.
17:13 magnuse it's still possible to set due dates in the past right? but you have to use the calendar, so no typos?
17:14 oleonard magnuse: Yes
17:14 magnuse goody!
17:25 chris_n is the ability to set past due dates ever justified?
17:26 jcamins chris_n: certainly for testing.
17:27 * chris_n thinks it should either be impossible or very, very hard
17:27 jcamins Oh, yes: if you inadvertantly check the box to discharge items without them actually being there to check in.
17:27 jcamins We have a warning.
17:28 jcamins If your librarians ignore all the warnings, there's not a lot you can do.
17:28 chris_n hmm... maybe take their cookies and milk away?
17:28 jcamins Right.
17:29 oleonard Yeah I've used due dates in the past after accidentally checking something in
17:33 cait-m joined #koha
17:34 * magnuse waves to cait-m
17:36 magnuse anyone tried to use the viaf autosuggest javascript thing with a more recent version than 3.2?
17:37 magnuse this, to be precise:[…]_NAME_authorities
17:37 jcamins I have not.
17:37 jcamins However, it sounds really cool.
17:37 jcamins Maybe I should.
17:37 cait joined #koha
17:37 jcamins Hm.
17:37 jcamins We already have jQueryUI.
17:38 magnuse it does sound cool, but i'm not seeing the search box
17:38 magnuse the wiki says "Version: tested on Koha 3.2 "
17:42 jcamins Yeah, I don't see it either.
17:48 magnuse did you get an error about return not being in a function or something?
17:49 jcamins Nope.
17:49 jcamins I just didn't get anything at all.
17:49 * magnuse looked for it in the firebug console
17:50 Joubu have a good w-e #koha !
17:50 Joubu bye
17:50 Joubu left #koha
17:50 magnuse au revoir Joubu
17:50 magnuse gah, too late
17:58 laurence left #koha
18:02 magnuse jcamins: in ~30 minutes i will have imported and indexed the ~600k marc autority records from MeSH in a public installation, if you want to have a look
18:04 jcamins magnuse: thanks!
18:05 magnuse i did it on my local computer already, so it should work, but i'm not sure i'm seeing what i should expect to see
18:09 jcamins Uh-oh.
18:09 druthb Anyone who has translation accounts:  Please check out   #userid and pw should be the same as
18:10 cait can log in - looks good to me so far :)
18:11 druthb The only thing that box is doing besides Pootle, is my bip proxy. :)
18:11 cait :)
18:11 cait druthb++ !
18:11 druthb linode++
18:12 jcamins druthb++
18:12 druthb fredericd++  #making the transfer easy.
18:12 jcamins fredericd++
18:12 druthb This is a test--I want to do some smoke-testing of things, then we'll offically cut over and move the DNS.
18:12 magnuse druthb++
18:13 * magnuse can log in too, and has the right permissions as far as he can tell
18:14 * magnuse wanders off to make pizza, but will let jcamins know when the indexing is done (~150k records done in ~10 minutes so far...)
18:14 jcamins Mmmm. Pizza!
18:14 magnuse :-)
18:15 * druthb will be auditing the list of superusers--if you want to still be one (or be promoted to one) you've gotta talk to me about it.  Otherwise, I'm lockin' the doors.
18:15 rangi jcamins: i can take the workflow things off
18:16 rangi i think paul put it on, im not a huge fan, but others seem to like it
18:16 jcamins rangi: preventing people jumping makes sense, I guess, but it seems like we spend a lot of time trying to move things back one step.
18:16 rangi well telling them not to jump also works :)
18:16 jcamins Actually, everything needs to be able to go to Needs Signoff.
18:17 jcamins Yeah, might as well turn off the workflow.
18:19 tcohen eythian, did u find the problem with koha-index-daemon ?
18:19 cait rangi: I am not a fan of the workflos
18:20 rangi hmm i cant see how to actually turn them off
18:21 rangi but now every state can go to needs signoff
18:21 rangi and passed qa can go back to signed off
18:22 jcamins Thanks.
18:23 cait :)
18:36 rangi[…]i-bin/
18:39 magnuse snapshot of the last hour:
18:40 jcamins rangi: why don't my updates to Pushed to Master show up there?
18:40 rangi jcamins: cos thats not what i wanted to track?
18:40 rangi its probably someone changed the status
18:41 rangi so it doesnt match the query now
18:42 jcamins rangi: but there's a column for Pushed.
18:42 jcamins Oh, I see.
18:42 jcamins That's to the status "Pushed," not "Pushed to Master."
18:42 jcamins Got it. :)
18:43 rangi try that
18:44 jcamins That fixed it. Thanks!
18:44 rangi its doing the old pushed, and pushed to master as well
18:44 rangi now
18:46 jcamins @wunder 11375
18:46 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in APRSWXNET Jackson Heights NY US, Corona, New York is 10.6°C (1:12 PM EST on November 09, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 40%. Dew Point: -2.0°C. Pressure: 30.05 in 1018 hPa (Falling).
18:46 druthb @wunder 66046
18:46 huginn druthb: The current temperature in Near Lawrence High School, Lawrence, Kansas is 21.9°C (12:45 PM CST on November 09, 2012). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 24%. Dew Point: 0.0°C. Pressure: 29.80 in 1009 hPa (Falling).
18:46 rangi @wunder nzwn
18:46 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0°C (7:00 AM NZDT on November 10, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 72%. Dew Point: 7.0°C. Pressure: 30.06 in 1018 hPa (Steady).
18:47 rangi partly cloudy my butt
18:49 NateC joined #koha
18:49 cait raining?
18:51 oleonard Unbearably sunny?
18:51 druthb windy.  Since, well, it's Wellington...
18:55 rangi nope no wind and blue sky
18:58 cait oh
18:58 rangi i wonder what the rea's are doing today
18:58 jcamins rangi: trying to figure out where they are? :P
19:03 rangi hehe
19:05 rangi hmm 1 blocker ..
19:05 rangi ill try to get rid of that
19:06 jcamins rangi++
19:06 cait rangi++
19:06 rangi the 4 majors
19:06 magnuse rangi++
19:06 rangi i got rid of the other blockers and criticals yesterday
19:06 rangi if we get to the end of weekend
19:06 rangi with only enhancments in needs signoff
19:06 magnuse gah, not enough space for the indexing...
19:06 rangi that would be awesome
19:06 magnuse rangi: yup, it certainly would!!
19:07 jcamins Sure would be.
19:08 rangi of the 103
19:08 rangi 82 are enhancements
19:08 rangi so its totally doable
19:08 jcamins rangi: FWIW, if I were RMaint I would probably not take 8378 for 3.8. Isn't that a commingled bugfix/enhancement, where the bugfix was only needed for Master?
19:08 rangi as long as ppl focus on that
19:08 rangi bug 8378
19:08 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8378 minor, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , <fine> syntax not working on overdues anymore
19:09 rangi ah yep
19:09 rangi i think so
19:10 jcamins And a bunch of the NSOs are for 3.12.
19:10 jcamins Well, 4.
19:10 cait I have testing notices high on my list
19:10 rangi bugs?
19:10 wahanui well, bugs is found at Please fix any bugs you find. :) or reporting them is helpful, too.
19:10 cait for master... maybe should do it for 3.8.x too?
19:11 rangi 4 of the bugs are NSO ?
19:11 cait hope to get to it tomorrow, but the distance study deadline is so close too :(
19:11 rangi sorry 4 bugs are 3.12?
19:11 jcamins Yeah, string changes.
19:11 rangi that makes it even easier
19:11 rangi ah right, so 3.10.1 really
19:11 rangi cool
19:11 jcamins Right.
19:11 rangi easy peasy
19:11 jcamins So I'd love signoffs and QA on those, but only after the others are done.
19:11 rangi thats 17
19:12 rangi that are for 3.10.0 and lower
19:12 rangi and are bugs
19:12 rangi if we cant get them out of needs signoff, we arent actually trying
19:12 jcamins 16. Bug 8378 was already pushed to master.
19:13 rangi right
19:14 rangi hmm i think that might actaully be needed for 3.8.x
19:14 * jcamins is probably going to be able to spend all day tomorrow pushing... a shame that most of the QA team finished working a while ago.
19:14 jcamins In that case, someone should sign off on it. :)
19:14 rangi i think the fine syntax got broken pre 3.8.0
19:14 rangi yep, and not me
19:14 rangi cos then it will only have me looking at
19:14 rangi it
19:14 rangi maybe cait can
19:14 rangi *hint hint*
19:14 rangi its testing notices :)
19:15 cait lol let me read back
19:16 jcamins rangi: when did cait become so cagey and learn not to agree before reading back? ;)
19:16 cait ok, can I get a short one sentence summary of your discussion around the fine syntax bug plz?
19:16 rangi hehe
19:16 jcamins I guess this is the result of being QAM.
19:16 jcamins cait: it needs to be signed off, and neither rangi nor I will be doing it.
19:16 cait yeah, always suspicious and on my toes from now on...
19:17 cait aha
19:17 cait I can't sign off, I am the only qa team member left who is going to take a look at it
19:17 cait so it has to be rangi I gues
19:17 cait s
19:17 cait or some other volunteer who happens to stick his head in here
19:17 jcamins Nah, rangi is the one who will be pushing it.
19:17 rangi its a 3.8.x patch only so i cant sign off
19:18 jcamins I might try if I get through pushing everything that's passed QA tomorrow, but I expect by then I'll be too tired to sign off.
19:18 rangi :)
19:19 cait hm but if I sign off .... I can't pass qa
19:19 cait what am I missing?
19:19 jcamins I don't think it needs to go through QA again?
19:19 cait ah
19:19 rangi yeah it passed qa on master
19:19 cait hm
19:20 cait right now it's needs sign-off
19:20 rangi yes, for only teh 3.8.x patch
19:20 jcamins Right, the patch for 3.8.x needs to be signed off.
19:20 jcamins Once it's signed off, rangi can push it.
19:20 jcamins 'Cause the code was already reviewed.
19:21 rangi yep
19:21 cait ok
19:21 cait I willl put it on my list
19:21 rangi thanks
19:49 jcamins You ignored the recommendations to not use punctuation and are now surprised that you're having problems?
19:49 * jcamins ignores the message.
19:51 rangi hmm?
19:51 jcamins Our favorite troll.
19:51 rangi ah yes
19:52 rangi i see it now
19:52 rangi no more blockers!
19:52 jcamins Hooray!
19:52 jcamins rangi++
19:53 rangi thats probably all ill get done until the evening
19:53 rangi gotta entertain atarau
19:55 jcamins You could teach him how to break Koha! :P
19:55 rangi heh
19:55 jcamins That's got to be entertaining "here, son. Daddy spends all his time trying to make this work. I bet you can't break it!"
19:55 rangi dont follow anyones advice
19:56 rangi and repeatedly do what you were told was a bad idea
19:56 rangi i think every 3 year old has that sussed
19:56 jcamins lol
19:57 oleonard I put Bug 9034 into "discussion" if anyone cares to weigh in
19:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=9034 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, In Discussion , Add sorting and filtering on items table (catalogue/
20:02 rangi ill try to have a look this evening oleonard
20:06 oleonard Has anyone seen this before? We get it fairly often:
20:06 oleonard Things which are both checked out and waiting?
20:07 rangi that can happen
20:07 rangi if the person overrides the reserve and doesnt cancel it
20:07 rangi it stays in the state it was in
20:08 rangi so if its marked waiting, then someone issues it
20:08 rangi they get the warning which they can override
20:08 rangi it should probably get moved back out of waiting
20:08 rangi of course the person will then get another email when it goes back to waiting
20:08 rangi its a messy one
20:09 rangi there isnt really a nice solution i can think of
20:09 rangi except blocking ppl issuing thigns that are marked waiting, to anyone other than who it is waiting for
20:09 rangi but then you get an angry person at the circ desk
20:10 cait hm but if it's waiting it has been checked in for th eother person
20:10 cait I think not giving it to someone else then is the right thing to do
20:10 cait if it's still on the shelf and someone brings it... that's bad luck, but no harm done
20:10 cait noone travelling to the library to pickup a hold that is no longer there
20:10 oleonard rangi: That's what I assume happens, but it seems like it happens more often than it should
20:10 jcamins We have a syspref to prevent items being checked out to other people when they're on hold, don't we?
20:12 rangi i think you perhaps can still override
20:13 lms1 left #koha
20:13 rangi id have to try
20:15 BobB joined #koha
20:34 NateC joined #koha
20:40 NateC joined #koha
21:36 JesseM joined #koha
21:38 JesseM_ joined #koha
21:48 francharb_afk joined #koha
22:04 ras0ir joined #koha
22:14 Manderson Still struggling with why Zebra isn't indexing new records. I have to manually rebuild the index...
22:14 Manderson Not a big deal for small numbers, but that is a non-starter when the catalog grows
22:15 ras0ir you have cronjobs installed?
22:15 Manderson Yes
22:15 Manderson with the flags -b -a -z
22:16 Manderson and turning on verbose logging, I see that a record gets exported...
22:16 Manderson I'll post it in pastebin
22:17 Manderson
22:17 Manderson (That's with -v -v verbosity)
22:32 maximep left #koha
22:37 bag rangi you still around?
22:50 edveal left #koha
23:12 bag @seen sekjal
23:12 huginn bag: sekjal was last seen in #koha 3 weeks, 0 days, 7 hours, 16 minutes, and 33 seconds ago: <sekjal> this is one of the first times I've listened to music at work… that's definitey something I miss from my home office days

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary