IRC log for #koha, 2012-05-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:09 jcamins 3.6.x has been updated.
00:09 jcamins Maybe.
00:10 jcamins Yes.
00:10 melia left #koha
00:11 jcamins @later tell chris_n I pushed an updated version of the script to my Github repo.
00:11 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
00:13 jcamins rangi: there are scripts you might find useful in my github repository:
00:13 jcamins I may have already told you that.
00:13 rangi thanks
00:15 JesseM joined #koha
00:19 jenkins_koha Starting build #45 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
00:20 jcamins jenkins_koha: if 3.6.x does not build successfully, I shall be very put out.
00:20 jenkins_koha jcamins did you mean me? Unknown command 'if'
00:20 jenkins_koha Use '!jenkins help' to get help!
00:21 jcamins rangi: if we used DBIx::Class, could we theoretically install Koha using sqlite?
00:21 rangi theoretically yes
00:22 rangi you could do some nice TAP type testing too, without a real db
00:22 jcamins Mwahahahahaha! (that was an evil laugh)
00:22 jcamins That was my thought.
00:22 rangi Test::DBIx::Class
00:23 rangi the nice thing with DBIx::Class is
00:23 rangi its not an all or nothing thing
00:23 rangi like a lot of ORM
00:23 rangi you can use it where it makes sense, and ignore it where it doesnt
00:24 jcamins The problem with my release test script is that it requires MySQL to be configured.
00:24 rangi *nod*
00:24 jcamins But I'm not trying to set up a system that is 100% functional.
00:24 jcamins I want to test that the installer works.
00:24 rangi mytap
00:25 jcamins i.e. after running through the install, I have a database.
00:25 rangi <-- not for this purpose but interesting nonetheless
00:26 jcamins Interesting.
00:34 chris_n 'evening
00:35 chris_n jcamins: thanks
00:36 chris_n jcamins: pushed
00:37 jcamins chris_n: thanks!
01:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #45: SUCCESS in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/45/
01:02 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7284: Authority matching improvements
01:02 jenkins_koha * mjr: bug 7284: fix package build problem, move BEGIN into new
01:02 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7284 follow-up: Update DBRev
01:02 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7493 [REVISED] Deleting a record with comments breaks "Recent Comments"
01:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7493 follow-up: Update DBRev
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7284 major, P3, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Authority matching algorithm improvements
01:03 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7271 - change sort in to sort by home library instead of holding branch
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7629 - Update sco.css to include CSS Gradients and prevent error upon missing background image file
01:03 jenkins_koha * srdjan: Bug 6488: Display OPAC search result count conditional to OpacHiddenItems syspref
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7631 - Self checkout renewal fails because of reference to non-existent subroutine in
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7645 - System preferences editor save button obscured by language chooser
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7636 - error when trying to email cart when opacuserlogin set to don't allow
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7493 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Deleting a record with comments breaks "Recent Comments"
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7271 normal, P3, ---, wizzyrea, Pushed to Master , Revert getitems default sort to homebranch instead of holding branch
01:03 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7665 - Bibs with no ISBN's show broken images for covers when using Syndetics cover images
01:03 jenkins_koha * f.demians: Bug 3216: UNIMARC author facets
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7609: Improving links to find analytics and volumes when using UseControlnumber (MARC21)
01:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7699: Restricted until datepicker broken
01:03 jenkins_koha * stephane.delaune: Bug 5749 Fix borrower address display in intranet
01:03 jcamins Yay!
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7629 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Update sco.css to include CSS Gradients and prevent error upon missing background image file.
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7644 - Invalid markup in staff client language chooser
01:03 jenkins_koha * 7368 Typo in cart_to_shelf
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6488 critical, P2, ---, srdjan, RESOLVED FIXED, opachiddenitems not working in master
01:03 jenkins_koha * dcook: Bug 7618 Escape HTML special characters for SQL displayed above results in Report module
01:03 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome David Cook, you're 178th
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7656 - "undefined" pop-up message when putting hold on reference item
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7670 - make required fields red
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 4976 - Status of item returned with is empty in Intranet
01:03 jenkins_koha * srdjan: bug_7140: Added item description to complement icon to search result and biblio detail pages
01:03 jcamins Success!
01:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7724: Skip Linker test if Zebra isn't set up
01:03 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome gaetan, you're 179th !
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7631 critical, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Self checkout renewal fails because of reference to non-existent subroutine in
01:03 jenkins_koha * januszop: Bug 5657: Changes made to sub merge to eliminate errors occuring when updating bibio records in batch (after updating multiple authority records)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7749: Not all OKs on the start page are translatable
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7645 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , System preferences editor save button obscured by language chooser
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7734: NO_LIBRARY_SET should be translatable
01:03 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7092 - Complete-subfield searches TraceCompleteSubfields syspref not working correctly
01:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7092 follow-up: Update DBRev
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7597 - Part 1 - fines not recording the right info in the stats table
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7636 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , error when trying to email cart when opacuserlogin set to don't allow
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7597 - Part 2 - move sub writeoff to C4::Accounts
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7597 - Part 3 - fines not recording the right info in the stats table
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7665 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Bibs with no ISBN's show broken images for covers when using Syndetics cover images.
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7597 - Part 4 - Change C4::Acounts::WriteOff to WriteOffFee
01:03 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7597 - Part 5 - Remove my from $branch, which was masking previous declaration
01:03 jenkins_koha * maxime.pelletier: Bug 7581: Singlebranchmode was always 0 causing the branch to be null and the reservations in the OPAC not to work in singlebranchmode.
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7700: Cart's more details view shows identity numbers
01:03 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7753: serials-home displays library name instead of code
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7746: "No Public Lists." not translatable.
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3216 normal, P2, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , UNIMARC author facets
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7738: "Display more constraints' in subfield configuraiton is not properly translatable
01:03 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 5180: FIX autocomplete on overdues report
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7609 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Improving links to find analytics and volumes when using UseControlnumber
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 5482 - Translation problem in guided reports - Item field names
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5482: Update colums.def file
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7699 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Restricted until datepicker broken
01:03 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 5482 [Follow up] Translation problem in guided reports - Item field names
01:03 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 6125: repairs dateaccessioned plugin
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5749 normal, P4, ---, stephane.delaune, Pushed to Master , The display of borrower adresses composed of streetnumber, streettype and address is broken
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 5841: Routing slip not displaying publication date
01:03 jenkins_koha * f.demians: SIGNED-OFF Bug 7590 Cataloging authorities search result page is broken
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add unique ids and a module class to all acquisitions pages
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add unique ids and a module class to all authorities pages
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add unique ids and a module class to all administration pages
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (cart)
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7644 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, Invalid markup in staff client language chooser
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (batch, error)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (catalog)
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7618 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Pushed to Master , HTML special characters break result table and incorrectly show SQL in Run This Report
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (cataloguing)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (circulation)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton (lists, suggestion, z39.50)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customization (patrons)
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7656 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , "undefined" pop-up message when putting hold on reference item
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7670 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , make required fields red in
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customization (serials)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customization (tools)
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4976 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Status of item returned with is empty in Intranet
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7724 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Tests requiring Zebra should be skipped if Zebra isn't set up
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customization (patroncard, labels)
01:03 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760 - Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customization (reports, ...)
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5657 normal, P3, ---, januszop, Pushed to Master , biblio records update fails when updating multiple authorities linked with the same biblio
01:03 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7780: make silent/verbose flag for translation installing
01:03 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7702: [SIGNED-OFF] MARC21 heading tests should not run under UNIMARC
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7749 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Not all OKs on the start page are translatable
01:03 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7734 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, NO_LIBRARY_SET should be translatable
01:04 jenkins_koha * gaetan.boisson: Bug 7761 - cleaning up empty declarations from staff-global.css
01:04 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7760: More ids and classes for the staff interface
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7727 - NORMARC XSLT OPAC detail view shows double tabs
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7837 - nb-NO z3950servers.sql misses column names
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7092 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Complete-subfield searches TraceCompleteSubfields syspref not working correctly
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7597 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , fines not recording the right info in the stats table
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7695 - Change boolean operator from "and" to "AND"
01:04 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7485 - Cannot edit barcode on Fast Add
01:04 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 4819: Add ids to OPAC detail page
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7436 - Set itemtypes.rentalcharge = 0 in sample data for nb-NO and de-DE
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7581 major, P3, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Holds not working in OPAC in singlebranchmode
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7537 - Implement TraceCompleteSubfields, TraceSubjectSubdivisions and UseICU for NORMARC XSLT
01:04 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7617: Sort authority results by authid
01:04 jenkins_koha * serhijdubyk: Bug 6434 - Ukrainian and Russian MARC sql-tables
01:04 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 1662: Is there a difference between Full and Simplified for Serials History
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7700 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Cart's more details view shows identity numbers
01:04 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7866: z39.50 search list ordered by rank
01:04 jenkins_koha * wizzyrea: Bug 7888 - Permission for "change password" button in circ toolbar should be "borrowers" instead of "staffaccess"
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7753 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , when displaying serials, library name should be showed and not code
01:04 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7858 - Missing packages from install_misc/ubuntu.packages
01:04 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7876 - Add ids to divs and spans with ids in
01:04 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7482: overdues report downloads without names
01:04 jenkins_koha * tajoli: Bug 7143: Italian translation teams
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7445 - Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
01:04 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7758 - Koha allowing LOST items to check out without alert
01:04 jenkins_koha * dpavlin: Bug 6701 - login timeout is in seconds
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7746 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, In staff 'No public lists.' is not translatable
01:04 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7893 - add package dependencies
01:04 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7935: Introduce sys pref to control 'browse results' in OPAC
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7738 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, "Display more constraints" in subfield configuraton is not properly translatable
01:04 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7935 follow-up: Update DBRev
01:04 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Updating euskara and french translation teams
01:04 jenkins_koha * serhijdubyk: Bug 7838 - Add sort-string-utf.chr for Ukrainian and Russian
01:04 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7940 - Placing a hold on a single item from the staff cart causes errors
01:04 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 7831 : Sort budgets for selection in new order
01:04 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 8020 [3.8.x/MASTER] - update changelogs to get to 3.8
01:04 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7924 - Fix handling of command line arguments in koha-remove
01:04 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Update 3.6.x release notes template
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5180 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Autocomplete broken on overdues report
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5482 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, Pushed to Master , Translation problem in guided reports - Item field names
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6125 normal, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Plugin for date acquired does not work on ACQ framework
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5841 normal, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Routing slip not displaying publication date
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7590 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Cataloging authorities search result page is broken
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7760 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7780 normal, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, Pushed to Master , fix translator tool verbosity
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7702 minor, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Test for C4::Heading::MARC21 should only run under MARC21
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7761 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gaetan.boisson, Pushed to Master , cleaning up empty declarations from staff-global.css
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7727 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, RESOLVED FIXED, NORMARC XSLT OPAC detail view shows double tabs
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7837 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , nb-NO z3950servers.sql misses column names
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7695 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, RESOLVED FIXED, Boolean operator AND in XSLT gets translated
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7485 critical, P1 - high, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Cannot edit barcode on Fast Add
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4819 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Pushed to Master , Add ID attribute to certain areas of OPAC so jquery can be used to hide them
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7436 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Set itemtypes.rentalcharge = 0 in sample data for nb-NO and de-DE
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, RESOLVED FIXED, Implement TraceCompleteSubfields, TraceSubjectSubdivisions and UseICU for NORMARC XSLT
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7617 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Authority search results should optionally be sorted by system order
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6434 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Many changes for Ukrainian and Russian sql-tables
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1662 normal, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Is there a difference between Full and Simplified for Serials History
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7866 minor, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Rank not used in Z39.50 search page
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7888 minor, P4, ---, wizzyrea, Pushed to Master , Permission for "change password" button in circ toolbar should be "borrowers" instead of "staffaccess"
01:04 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7858 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Missing packages from install_misc/ubuntu.packages
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Add ids to divs and spans with ids in
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7482 major, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , overdues report downloads without names
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7143 enhancement, P3, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Bug for tracking changes to the about page
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7445 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , Clicking on a tag gives "Language ... does not exist"
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7758 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , Koha allowing LOST items to check out without alert
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6701 normal, P5 - low, ---, dpavlin, Pushed to Master , language on timeout system preference is wrong
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7893 critical, P1 - high, ---, mjr, Pushed to Master , Missing build-dependency on libdatetime-format-dateparse-perl and libreadonly-perl
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7935 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, RESOLVED FIXED, Introduce sys pref to control 'browse results' in OPAC
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7838 major, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Pushed to Master , Add sort-string-utf.chr for Ukrainian and Russian
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7940 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , Placing a hold on a single item from the staff cart causes errors
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7831 minor, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Pushed to Master , In neworderempty budget drop down budgets should appear in a rational order
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8020 normal, P4, ---, robin, Pushed to Stable , Prepare debian packages for 3.8 release
01:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7924 major, P1 - high, ---, magnus, Signed Off , Fix handling of command line arguments in koha-remove
01:05 rangi heh
01:06 libsysguy man huginn must be really tired
01:12 ronald joined #koha
01:14 chris_n huginn++
01:15 jcamins Shari's home, so I think I'll go rest on my laurels having successfully updated 3.6.x.
01:16 libsysguy later jcamins
01:52 libsysguy rangi around?
01:52 rangi yup
01:52 libsysguy so I know we are trying to phase out C4::Dates right?
01:53 rangi yep thats the plan
01:53 libsysguy do you know the correct course of action for replacing the format_date() function
01:53 rangi must admit havent thought about it much
01:53 libsysguy ok
01:53 libsysguy i didn't know if there was already something in place or not
01:54 rangi afaik nothing yet
01:54 libsysguy ok cool
01:56 rangi probably Koha::Dates::format_date() and using hte datetime stuff
01:56 rangi but thats just a guess
01:56 libsysguy ok, I saw a DateUtils in there but it said in the doc that it was basically just there to hold things in place during the transition
01:56 rangi *nod*
01:57 libsysguy so Dates needs created
01:57 libsysguy challenge accepted :p
01:57 rangi :)
02:11 jcamins libsysguy: use the T::T filter for formatting dates.
02:12 rangi that currently uses format_date ... so when we have a replacement, it will need to use that
02:16 libsysguy ahh
02:16 libsysguy dang it now i feel the need to go back and fail that patch
02:17 rangi which patch?
02:17 wahanui which patch are we talking about?
02:17 libsysguy bug 8035
02:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8035 critical, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Signed Off , bibs with comments show an error in opac
02:17 rangi oh yeah
02:17 rangi it shouldnt do that
02:17 * libsysguy apologizes
02:18 rangi you can fail it and point at
02:18 rangi[…]#Displaying_dates
02:19 rangi $_->{datereviewed} = format_date($_->{datereviewed}); that line should be fixed
02:19 libsysguy rangi++
02:19 rangi and the date formatted in the teemplate
02:21 libsysguy I knew I had been seeing format_date less and less but I didn't know what the alternative was
02:22 rangi currently the plugin uses format_date .. but it means we only have to do it in one place
02:22 libsysguy makes sense
02:24 rangi jcamins_away: the 690 thing worked perfectly thanks
02:24 rangi libsysguy:!/play[…]a+Hacking/8190140
02:25 libsysguy is this for my upcoming project
02:25 rangi :)
02:28 libsysguy this also makes for good finals studying music fwiw
02:28 rangi oh are finals soon?
02:28 libsysguy this week, had my first one today
02:28 libsysguy one tomorrow and one friday
02:28 rangi ahh good luck
02:29 libsysguy thanks, I'll need it
02:29 libsysguy actually I shouldn't say that…im really not that worried heh
02:33 rangi :)
03:25 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:28 Amit_Gupta heya bag
04:04 glernil joined #koha
04:12 ronald hi koha I tried restoring the sql file from koha 3.4 to koha 3.6 but I got this error ' ERROR 1005 (HY000) at line 3282: Can't create table 'koha_siche.letter' (errno: 150) ' . Anybody knows what it is?
05:15 cait joined #koha
05:31 sophie_m joined #koha
05:36 Oak joined #koha
05:55 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:03 laurence joined #koha
06:10 magnuse kia ora #koha!
06:12 bag heya magnuse
06:12 wahanui it has been said that magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza.
06:12 magnuse hiya bag
06:13 bag hmm.. bag?
06:13 wahanui I LIKE BASEBALL
06:13 bag YAY
06:13 magnuse :-)
06:13 bag my favorite is still mtj?
06:13 bag mtj?
06:13 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
06:13 bag or
06:13 magnuse yay
06:13 bag rangi?
06:14 magnuse hehe crazy people :-)
06:18 cait :)
06:18 cait morning all
06:18 alex_a joined #koha
06:18 alex_a bonjour koha
06:27 cait hi alex_a
06:28 alex_a hi cait
06:29 magnuse bonjour cait and alex_a
06:30 magnuse cait: back to work today?
06:34 Oak joined #koha
06:35 Oak Ahoy me hearties
06:35 stuartyeates joined #koha
06:40 magnuse Oak
06:40 Oak magnuse
06:46 cait magnuse: yes
06:50 julian_m joined #koha
06:50 julian_m salut
06:50 wahanui niihau, julian_m
06:52 cait brb
06:52 cait left #koha
07:01 asaurat joined #koha
07:01 asaurat hi
07:01 wahanui niihau, asaurat
07:01 Amit_Gupta heya wahanui, asaurat
07:21 kf joined #koha
07:21 paul_p joined #koha
07:22 paul_p hello #koha
07:23 kf hi paul_p and hi #koha
07:26 matts hello #koha !
07:26 kf hm only 340 mails after 3 days vacation..
07:26 kf hi matts
07:27 Oak welcome back kf
07:27 kf thx Oak :)
07:27 Oak :)
07:28 hdl joined #koha
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:35 reiveune hello
07:35 wahanui what's up, reiveune
08:03 druthb joined #koha
08:03 druthb o/
08:04 hdl druthb: up early....
08:05 druthb it's after 11 AM here, hdl.  :)  I'm not in my usual timezone.
08:05 hdl druthb: really where are you ?
08:06 druthb Amman, Jordan.  :D
08:16 mimi joined #koha
08:18 mimi hi, am trying to create cards using card creator and in the batch creation this is the error am getting(WARNING: The database returned an error while saving batch 0. Please have your system administrator check the error log for details.) where can i access this log
08:24 samuel joined #koha
08:24 samuel hello everybody!
08:25 samuel something strange for me this morning: when i want to add  a book, i've the following error "Can't call method "subfield" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 2919."
08:26 mib_d83t3c joined #koha
08:29 slef samuel: most likely a corrupt record. Where did the details come from?
08:29 mimi am unable to create a patron cards using the patron card creator
08:30 mimi its suggesting i check the error on the logs. where can i view them?
08:30 samuel it's an import by z39.50
08:30 mib_d83t3c i'm looking for an upgrade guide from 3.6 to 3.8 ?
08:34 kf mimi: the error logs are text files - it depends a bit on your setup where they are
08:34 kf you have to access them on your server and can't do it from within Koha
08:35 kf they are probably stored in /var/logs/...
08:35 mimi thanks, let me check
08:37 samuel yes, it's in /var/logs/koha/koha-error.log
08:37 samuel i'll check it
08:38 kf mib_d83t3c: check the release notes for guidance - what kind of installation did you do? (packages, dev, standard?)
08:41 druthb gonna be attaching my first patch on Bug 8061 momentarily.  :D
08:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8061 major, P5 - low, ---, ruth, NEW , Koha's templates do not cope well with right-to-left languages
08:42 samuel for me, it's a package, as we are in a period of test. When  i look at the log , i see ": Table 'koha.systempreferences' doesn't exist ......"
08:43 mib_d83t3c Thanks, it's a dev installation.
08:45 samuel i logout, i come back in 5 minutes
08:48 samuel joined #koha
08:54 kyleh_ joined #koha
08:55 kf samuel: have you run the web installer?
08:55 samuel kf: yes, without any problems
08:56 samuel when i look at the log, it's always the same error "'koha.language_descriptions' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 339."
08:56 samuel after "'koha.systempreferences' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 542."
08:57 samuel 'koha.language_descriptions' doesn't exist at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 345
09:30 kf sorry samuel
09:30 kf at work
09:30 kf not sure what's going wrong there
09:30 kf which version are you looking at?
09:32 samuel me too, don't worry
09:33 samuel
09:36 Oak joined #koha
09:41 druthb hi, Oak. :)
09:42 Oak hello druthb :) electricity... here comes and goes
09:42 druthb :)
09:42 kf samuel: perhaps thelanguage chooser acting up again? :(
09:45 samuel kf: which language?
09:45 wahanui which language is "nb" ?
09:46 kf samuel: was wondering if it's something with the language chooser - installed languages vs. languages in the system preference and so on
09:46 kf because all your errors seem language related
09:47 fredericd samuel: In you MySQL DB, do you have language_* tables?
09:48 kf oh
09:48 kf perhaps you didn't check the language/bidi support when running through the web installer?
09:49 samuel fredericd: i've the following tables: language_descriptions                  | | language_rfc4646_to_iso639             | | language_script_bidi                   | | language_script_mapping                | | language_subtag_registry
09:51 kf samuel: do they have content?
09:51 kf you shoudl always have the tables, as they are in kohastructure, but you might not have the correct sample data
09:53 samuel yes
09:55 fredericd even in language_descriptions?
09:56 samuel yes
09:59 fredericd samuel: strange. Don't you have 2 Koha DB, and your koha-conf.xml file pointing to the wrong DB?
10:00 samuel only one, i can send you my conf by email, if you want
10:00 Amit_Gupta heya fredericd
10:00 wahanui fredericd is, like, translation manager for 3.8
10:20 samuel left #koha
10:20 samuel joined #koha
10:21 reiveune1 joined #koha
10:54 kf someone around who can test something on current master for me? needs working email!
10:57 Amit_Gupta heya kf
11:42 jwagner joined #koha
11:42 laurence left #koha
11:54 chris_n @later tell sekjal arghhh
11:54 huginn chris_n: The operation succeeded.
12:15 asaurat joined #koha
12:17 oleonard joined #koha
12:26 * chris_n greets oleonard
12:26 jcamins kf: around?
12:26 oleonard Hi everyone
12:28 ago43 joined #koha
12:29 JesseM joined #koha
12:30 mib_yh2146 joined #koha
12:30 mib_yh2146 hello all , i am try to install  liblime_koha-4.08.23 on fedora 14
12:31 chris_n when translate says "Koha directories hierarchy for de-DE must be created first" what have I failed to do?
12:31 oleonard Sorry mib_yh2146 this channel is for talking about Koha, not Liblime Koha
12:31 oleonard mib_yh2146: I suggest you drop Liblime Koha and get real Koha
12:31 chris_n +1
12:31 jcamins +1
12:32 jcamins chris_n: in just a moment I'll run into the same problem you have, so we'll troubleshoot it together. :)
12:32 mib_yh2146 i am kinda newbee  to it , what's diff b/w two ?
12:32 chris_n jcamins: are you testing bug 8062 also?
12:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8062 critical, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Cart email broken for non english templates
12:32 oleonard Koha is the real open source project with 100s of contributors
12:32 oleonard Liblime Koha is a fork which is only supported by one company
12:33 mib_yh2146 ah, got it then should better have koha real one
12:33 mib_yh2146 Thanks oleonard
12:33 Guillaume joined #koha
12:33 collum joined #koha
12:33 oleonard Any time mib_yh2146
12:34 chris_n jcamins: there must be something missing...
12:34 chris_n Template process failed: file error - /home/cnighswonger/Repositories/koha.​3.2.labels/koha-tmpl/intranet-tmpl/pr​og/de-DE/modules/installer/
12:34 chris_n when running webinstaller
12:34 jcamins chris_n: no, bug 8061.
12:35 jcamins You did the translate install step?
12:35 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8061 major, P5 - low, ---, ruth, Needs Signoff , Koha's templates do not cope well with right-to-left languages
12:35 kf jcamins: here, kinda
12:35 chris_n ahh
12:35 chris_n[…]ha_on_your_server
12:35 jcamins kf: druthb knew how to download a new po file. :)
12:36 jcamins chris_n: uhhh... I'm 75% sure that's wrong.
12:36 kf chris_n: perhaps don't try de-DE:( po files are borked in master
12:36 jcamins chris_n: yeah, scroll up.
12:36 kf ah right
12:36 kf there is a zip file download link on the review tab
12:36 * kf has finished reading back now :)
12:37 kf any other questions? and thx everyone who is trying to confirm my bug against master!
12:37 jcamins chris_n: you're looking at the instructions for 3.0.6.
12:37 jcamins chris_n: for 3.2, it's just perl translate install ar-Arab
12:37 chris_n sadly that does not work
12:37 * chris_n is running master
12:37 kf chris_n: did you executei t in the misc/translator directory
12:37 kf ?
12:37 chris_n yes
12:37 kf hmm
12:37 kf is only german not working?
12:37 chris_n ./translate install de-DE
12:37 druthb the 3.8/master Arabic file is *thoroughly* broken.  Don't know about other langs.
12:38 jcamins chris_n: that's bad.
12:38 kf say perl translate install nb-NO
12:38 jcamins I'm on 3.6-testing. I'll let you know how it goes.
12:38 kf jcamins: thx!
12:38 kf evil bug :(
12:38 kf fr-FR should probably work too
12:39 jcamins kf: I'm testing 8061.
12:39 jcamins Translation works fine on 3.6-testing.
12:40 chris_n ouch
12:40 chris_n its really broke now
12:40 gmcharlt good morning
12:41 chris_n fixed
12:41 julian_m joined #koha
12:41 * kf is worried now
12:42 chris_n it appears that attempting to install de-DE will cause early-morning distress :)
12:42 kf fatal errors in po files...
12:42 chris_n nb-NO appears to work fine at this point
12:42 kf I missed fredericd's deadline by a few hours :(
12:42 kf it annoys me endlessly
12:42 kf but my own fault
12:42 kf the file from pootle shoudl work fine, but in master it's broken until the next big release *sigh*
12:43 * kyleh wonders why [% USE KohaDates %] isn't just placed in a universal include file, rather than each template individually.
12:43 jcamins kf: you know what we need?
12:43 kf hm?
12:43 jcamins A script for fetching updated po files from pootle.
12:43 chris_n hi gmcharlt
12:44 kf oh
12:44 kf I wrote a batch script for that
12:44 jcamins I would accept a script like that into 3.6.x.
12:44 kf only no idea on which vm it lives currently..
12:44 jcamins Did you file a bug and submit it?
12:44 kf honestly it was the first bash script I ever wrote
12:44 kf with hardcoded paths and all
12:44 jcamins kf++ # for sharing this script
12:44 kf not really submittable :)
12:45 kf and I have no idea where it is currently... which is also annoying
12:45 kf but it shoudl not be too hard to write another script?
12:45 kf jcamins: another problem is, that the po files outdate
12:45 kf the po files on pootle get updated constantly
12:46 kf so say you are running a 3.6.3 - you can't use the file for 3.6.
12:46 kf 4
12:46 kf it will work most of the time, but it can happen that you end up with untranslated things
12:47 jcamins kf: the reason I would accept it for 3.6.x is that there are some languages which are only just starting to get translated.
12:48 kf yeah, I only say you have to be cautious
12:48 kf because it will overwrite the 'released' po files
12:48 kf and you might not want that
12:48 tcohen joined #koha
12:49 jcamins If someone wants to use one of those languages, before the po file gets included in a release, they *have* to download it.
12:50 jcamins Might as well make it easier, right?
12:50 jcamins True.
12:50 kf yeah
12:50 kf as I said
12:50 kf what I did needs to be rewritten- and I lost the script I had ... so perhaps we should file a bug
12:53 kf jcamins: and if you could test the cart it woudl be great :) or someone else on master
12:54 jcamins kf: chris_n is working on that. :)
12:54 kf chris_n has an email problem - so I am searching for another volunteer :)
12:54 chris_n sorry :-(
12:54 jcamins Oh.
12:54 * chris_n 's sandbox is generally in a state of disarray atm
12:54 kf chris_n++ for trying and learning about translations :)
12:55 chris_n :)
12:55 jcamins I will see if e-mail works for me.
12:55 * chris_n thinks the webinstaller interface is a nightmare on the backside
12:59 jcamins chris_n: agreed.
13:03 oleonard I was testing the cart and discovered that I don't have email sending working in my relatively new VM
13:04 oleonard Is there an Idiot's Guide to getting Ubuntu set up to send emails?
13:04 Oak joined #koha
13:04 druthb I'm headin' out for a hike back to the hotel, then dinner.   See y'all soonly.
13:07 kf oleonard: I don't know one :(
13:08 oleonard Oh, I guess the short answer is "install postfix"
13:08 talljoy joined #koha
13:14 chris_n email?
13:15 chris_n email is postfix
13:15 chris_n email?
13:15 wahanui email is postfix
13:15 chris_n forget email
13:15 wahanui chris_n: I forgot email
13:15 * chris_n runs out of ideas
13:16 Guest1047 exim?
13:16 oleonard So anyway, I was able to send a cart from the French templates
13:16 kf and the mail looks right?
13:16 oleonard Yes, although it's not in French :|
13:16 kf oh weird!
13:17 oleonard Oh, because the template isn't translated :P
13:17 NateC joined #koha
13:18 kf oleonard: well, that's an explanation
13:18 kf I think something in the trnaslations process is breaking it... not the po files, but something else
13:19 oleonard It's an unfortunate omission
13:19 kf oleonard: it used to be translatable
13:20 kf is the french po file complete? is it the same for norwegian?
13:21 kf hm.
13:22 oleonard nn-NO?
13:23 * oleonard realizes his fr-FR templates might be out of date
13:23 kf nb-NO :)
13:23 kf it would be great if you could check
13:23 oleonard I figured it had an N in it anyway ;)
13:23 kf there are too - it's not easy! :)
13:24 kf jcamins++ oleonard++ :)
13:24 kf thx a lot!
13:25 oleonard No problem. I'm avoiding my Accounting homework.
13:25 jcamins Hehe.
13:25 kf oleonard: you have those too? :)
13:25 * kf is at work, so can't do accounting now
13:26 * libsysguy is at work and is still doing homework
13:27 * chris_n wonders why the webinstaller templates have the privilege of ignoring shift-F5
13:27 chris_n ctl-f5 rather
13:38 jcamins $ git qa 7977
13:38 jcamins :D
13:38 * chris_n threatens webinstaller with a re-write
13:38 kf bug 7977
13:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
13:38 jcamins Woohoo!
13:38 jcamins chris_n++
13:38 kf chris_n: wizzyrea has a wiki page with ideas :)
13:39 chris_n some sort of weird caching foo going on here which makes it hard to debug
13:39 maximep joined #koha
13:39 francharb joined #koha
13:43 asaurat joined #koha
13:46 jcamins chris_n: 7977 looks good to me.
13:46 jcamins Is there anything additional I should be checking?
13:46 mib_d83t3c joined #koha
13:47 chris_n jcamins: not that I can think of
13:47 chris_n basic functionality
13:47 chris_n coherent instructions/help
13:47 nengard joined #koha
13:47 chris_n I've addressed most all of owen's points
13:48 chris_n so I think that's it :)
13:48 jcamins All looks good to me.
13:48 oleonard I don't know chris_n, I didn't fly to work today on a unicorn :P
13:49 chris_n lol
13:49 asaurat I did!
13:49 asaurat but then I woke up
13:50 kf lol
13:50 asaurat and eventually flew on a flying poney like everyday -_-
13:50 chris_n oleonard: all unicorns revert to mice after midnight
13:52 julian_m joined #koha
13:53 jcamins chris_n: running the unit tests now.
13:54 chris_n jcamins: make sure you run them on a very fresh install... as in one you have not accessed opac in yet
13:54 chris_n once the timestamp fields are updated in the sample data, the test will fail on that field
13:54 kf oh
13:54 jcamins chris_n: oh, oops.
13:54 chris_n there's just no way around it
13:54 jcamins chris_n: tjat
13:55 jcamins *that's not so good.
13:55 kf asaurat: can you help me with soomething? I am looking for someone to test bug 8062 on master
13:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8062 critical, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Cart email broken for non english templates
13:55 * chris_n also figured that unit tests are designed to be run in conjunction w/the installer
13:55 jcamins I run the unit tests every time I test anything.
13:55 chris_n all db_dependent tests will fail once the sample data is changed
13:55 asaurat kf: ok
13:56 jcamins chris_n: oh, you meant sample data in general.
13:56 kf asaurat: it needs a working translation and mail working :)
13:56 chris_n jcamins: db_dependent tests are only designed to pass on pure sample data
13:56 jcamins Yes, I have an installation which is just the sample data.
13:56 oleonard Melding sendt!
13:56 asaurat kf: ah, but there is no patch, what do you need ?
13:57 kf checking it's broken in master too
13:57 asaurat ok
13:57 oleonard kf: Confirmed in master
13:57 kf I could only confirm up to 3.6.4
13:57 kf oleonard: oh! thx!
13:57 * chris_n goes back to hammering webinstaller
13:57 kf did I miss your message?
13:57 jcamins chris_n: I don't like that viewing the OPAC causes the tests to break.
13:57 kf oleonard++
13:57 oleonard No, I just now remembered my translation process finished
13:57 oleonard No subject, no message body
13:58 kf eew
13:58 kf but yes, that's what I expected
13:58 chris_n jcamins: sorry, but that's the nature of the beast... anything other than pure sample data will break db_dependent tests
13:58 chris_n which is why they are optional :-)
13:58 kf oleonard: you tested on master? then I will update the bug accordingly - which language? :)
13:58 kf or will you?
13:58 jcamins chris_n: but all the tests other than this one work when I'm signing off.
13:58 jcamins Eh.
13:58 jcamins I'll sign off anyway.
13:58 oleonard I can update it. Which number?
13:59 jcamins I'll add a SKIP to this test for sign off.
13:59 chris_n sadly there is no other way to check the choose by date aspect
13:59 chris_n afaict
13:59 kf 8062
13:59 kf and thx again :) oleonard++
13:59 jcamins chris_n: what about testing tomorrow?
13:59 chris_n but I'm very open to other options
13:59 chris_n lol
13:59 kf asaurat: bug is confirmed :) but thank you! asaurat++
14:00 chris_n jcamins: the real problem there is that tomorrow never gets here :-)
14:00 asaurat kf: ok you're welcome =)
14:01 jcamins chris_n: oh, no way to specify the date.
14:02 oleonard kf: I just noticed I got 100s of lines of errors when I ran the translation script
14:02 chris_n the problem stems from the sample data having a timestamp of 0
14:02 jcamins chris_n: couldn't you set any quotes with a timestamp of today to a timestamp of 0 for the tests?
14:02 oleonard "Use of uninitialized value $key in hash element at /usr/share/perl5/Locale/ line 472, <IN> line 89328."
14:03 chris_n probably, but isn't munging the sample data to ensure the test passes akin to cheating the test?
14:03 chris_n however, we can do that if that is what folks feel needs to be done
14:03 kf oleonard: yes, there seems to be a problem - magnuse reported that too :( I had not much time to test recently
14:03 * chris_n likes *always* passing tests
14:04 jcamins I will try this idea. Hold on.
14:05 jcamins chris_n: not really. We do that with a lot of the other tests already.
14:05 jcamins This is slightly more destructive, but if you're running unit tests on an active installation, you clearly don't mind.
14:05 jcamins Or we could even stash the date.
14:05 jcamins That's a better idea.
14:05 * chris_n cheers jcamins on
14:08 jcamins Oh, but there could be multiple quotes with a timestamp of today.
14:08 jcamins Okay, destructive is the way to go.
14:09 jcamins How do you destroy mysql statement handles?
14:10 * oleonard offers jcamins a torch
14:10 jcamins Oh, it's not necessary.
14:11 jcamins chris_n: why do we need Test::Deep?
14:12 chris_n in order to allow regexps in testing deep data structures
14:13 chris_n if you don't have it those tests will be skipped
14:13 jcamins Ah.
14:13 * chris_n wrestles webinstaller into submission
14:14 chris_n in this case it averts other date-related failures
14:14 chris_n but can be very useful in other cases as well
14:14 jcamins subtest doesn't work.
14:16 chris_n ?
14:17 pastebot "jcamins" at pasted "chris_n: error from unit test" (21 lines) at
14:17 jcamins Something to do with DBI, I think.
14:19 jcamins Nope.
14:19 chris_n it runs fine here... I'll do a fresh install and check again
14:21 chris_n my new "check all" button on the framework/sample data page makes installing test data a breeze
14:22 jcamins I have an old version of Test::More, probably.
14:23 jcamins I will try installing a new version.
14:23 jcamins Yup. That fixed it.
14:23 libsysguy left #koha
14:23 * chris_n does find an anomaly
14:24 pastebot "chris_n" at pasted "Test weirdness" (47 lines) at
14:24 chris_n I'll need to check on that one
14:24 chris_n first pass fails a test while an immediate second pass passes
14:26 jcamins I have the same thing happening, now that I've updated Test::Simple.
14:31 chris_n fixing now
14:32 jcamins You can either attach a follow-up, which I'll squash into the test patch, or replace the test patch.
14:35 chris_n jcamins: I've attached the fix to 7977
14:36 chris_n you can squash... otherwise I'll have to reorder the bug attachments... :P
14:36 chris_n the problem stemmed from the way I was ref'ing the sub
14:36 jcamins I'll be reordering them anyway.
14:37 chris_n cool
14:37 jcamins Well, reposting.
14:38 jcamins Okay, that fixed it.
14:43 chris_n jcamins: stand by for a further fixup for Koha.t
14:44 jcamins chris_n: standing by.
14:45 * oleonard grumbles about not being able to specify a remote image for a collection code
14:45 chris_n ok, squash that one into Koha.t as well
14:45 * chris_n just learned something about importing functions which he did not know before
14:45 chris_n that will ensure that future tests of C4::Koha work as well
14:46 jcamins Squashed.
14:47 chris_n I did not know that 'use foo qw()' imports *only* the subs mentioned in qw() omitting @EXPORT
14:47 * jcamins did not know that either.
14:48 chris_n by adding ':DEFAULT' to qw() you get @EXPORT and whatever else you choose there
14:48 chris_n for module tests it probably makes sense to import the entire shebang
14:49 jcamins Bug 7977 is signed off.
14:49 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Signed Off , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
14:50 jcamins unimarc?
14:50 wahanui unimarc is[…]ted-documentation
14:50 chris_n jcamins++
14:53 kf ah no paul
14:54 kf ccode at biblio level? I don't think this should work
14:54 jcamins ccode isn't stored at biblio level.
14:55 jcamins itype can be at biblio-level, not ccode.
14:55 jcamins What does opac-topissues do?
14:55 oleonard Most checked out items
14:55 paul_p joined #koha
14:56 jcamins Oh my.
14:56 * jcamins gouges his eyes out.
14:57 jcamins Let this be a warning to you all!
14:57 jcamins Don't look at the source of!
14:57 kf jcamins: yes, that's what I am saying - it should not work. It's probably configured that way someohow... but the code does not know
14:57 kf jcamins: are you blind now? want a cookie?
14:57 * jcamins slams his head on the desk repeatedly, trying to dislodge the horrifying SQL from his cranium.
14:58 jcamins Yes please!
14:58 * kf hands ysou a cookie and puts a pillow on the desk
14:58 jcamins paul_p: ccode isn't stored at biblio level. It's itemtype that can be biblio- or item-level.
14:59 paul_p jcamins = yes, ccode CAN be stored in biblioitems.itemtype. Just connect your ccode authorised_values to the field that uses biblioitems.itemtypes, and it works like a charm ! (except for opac-topissues)
14:59 kf paul_p: but why would one want to do that?
15:00 paul_p this ccode thing is really a pain... (error in implementation)
15:00 kf doesn't it break circulation in other places?
15:00 paul_p kf = not at all.
15:00 kf and why not use itemtypes if you want ccode to act like itemtype?
15:00 paul_p and many libraries supported by us are doing that.
15:01 jcamins paul_p: how do you have itemlevel itypes set?
15:01 kf paul_p: I understand they are doing it, I only don't understand why
15:01 kf paul_p: the reasoning for exchanging ccode and itemtypes
15:01 paul_p kf = because we have many libraries that have a different issuingrule for a given biblio (1 that can't be issued, and 3 that can't), but that's a book, so they don't want to record it 3 times -at item level-
15:01 paul_p (1 that can't be issued, 3 that can)
15:02 paul_p to = biblioitems.itemtype = 'book' and items.itype ='NOCHECKOUT' or 'NORMAL'
15:02 paul_p and ccode is empty
15:02 kf paul_p: I still think this sounds like a bad idea
15:02 paul_p well items.ccode field is empty
15:03 paul_p kf = how could you setup Koha then ?
15:03 kf I think I would use a different field, but it will not hlep your problem here
15:03 oleonard paul_p: Why not items.itype ='NOCHECKOUT' or 'NORMAL' and items.ccode = 'book' ?
15:03 kf I think the biblio itemtype is not something I have seen in other ils so far, so noone ever requested it
15:03 kf we do it all on item level
15:04 kf which is also necessary because of the union catalog situation
15:04 wahanui okay, kf.
15:04 paul_p oleonard = because if the library has 5 items of this document, then they all are books and it's useless to store 5 times items.ccode='book'
15:04 kf items are local, bibliographic records are central (from the union catalog, same for all)
15:04 kf forget which
15:04 wahanui kf: I forgot which
15:04 paul_p (at least in UNIMARC, if one is a book and one a large-print book, then it's supposed to be a different biblio)
15:05 kf paul_p: that's the same here - but I think people are using ccodes different
15:05 kf or can use them different
15:05 kf not only to reflect the type of item... so they might be different for each item
15:05 oleonard paul_p: What is objectionable about that redundancy? Data entry? the appearance in the OPAC?
15:05 paul_p kf = so for you bibliotems.itemtypes is always empty ?
15:05 kf paul_p: I set it to the mostly used itemtype by default
15:05 paul_p oleonard I think both.
15:06 kf becaus this way it will appear as default on the item form
15:06 kf and there used to be bugs if it was empty (with holds) but I think they are fixed now
15:07 oleonard For us item type and ccode are *usually* redundant and no one has complained :[…]iblionumber=48473
15:08 paul_p oleonard = some UNIMARC addicts have (but, as you know, frenchies are always complaining ;-) )
15:09 slef paul_p: can I have a word?
15:09 paul_p s/UNIMARC addicts/UNIMARC addict french libraries customers of BibLibre/
15:09 kf paul_p: I can see some reasons to do it... but I think the code is not made for it
15:09 paul_p slef of course
15:12 paul_p kf = well, I've a long lasting feeling that there's a mess with all this code...
15:13 kf paul_p: define all this? :)
15:14 reiveune1 bye
15:14 reiveune1 left #koha
15:14 jcamins paul_p: opac-topissues is certainly horrifying.
15:15 paul_p I think the itemtype should always have been for ... the item type, and something else should have been introduced for issuing rules that differ from itemtypes. Now we have itemtypes for item type or issuing rules, and the item type is sometimes in authorised values. Having icons added into authorised_values is a symptom that there is something wrong. With the QA we have now, it would not make his way into Koha (at least with me as RM !)
15:16 kf paul_p: hmm
15:16 slef what are the best slots at a conference? Opening each half-day?
15:16 kf paul_p: I don't think I fully agree - I think the naming is perhaps wrong, but ideally the itemtype should come from the marc21/unimarc record
15:16 slef I am going mad with this schedule
15:16 paul_p but that's another topic, and probably almost impossible to change now.
15:17 kf paul_p: I see itemtypes not as ITEMtypes... I always tell the libraries to treat them as loan types
15:17 kf and put everything else they want for search into collections and locations
15:18 kf and they like the small icons that are generated using the marc21 fields (with the exception that there is one buggy combination I have to track down sometime)
15:18 paul_p kf = so in fact, you agree with me ;-) (in Koha 1.x and 2.x the "document type" was in biblioitems.itemtypes. It has been introduced at item level to have different issuing rules)
15:18 paul_p (biblioitems => biblio level)
15:18 paul_p in Koha 2.x = biblioitems.itemtypes = material type AND issuing rule applied.
15:19 kf ok, I might agree that the naming is unfortunate and perhaps we needed something else - but it's done now :) and I always thought it was intended that you could have circulation rules on biblio level (although it does not make sense for academic libraries here)
15:20 asaurat left #koha
15:21 oleonard Is there no UNIMARC material type designation? That sounds like what you're talking about paul_p
15:22 paul_p oleonard = the material type designation can be in 200$b, but that's used in BNF records, and sometimes/often, libraries want a different value, like "printed material" for BNF being "book", "children book", "fiction book" for the library. So we usually put it in a X9X field
15:23 oleonard What would you use a new biblio-level document type for?
15:24 paul_p oleonard = itemtypes or ccode, depending on your setyp. And it really works well already. Except for opac-topissues.
15:25 oleonard Well if opac-topissues is all this is about then re-write it since it's such a mess
15:25 * paul_p feel a bugfix will be needed, something like "if syspref is ccode, then check if ccode is attached to items.ccode or biblioitems.itemtype"
15:25 paul_p (and do the JOIN accordingly)
15:25 oleonard But if in general itemtypes+ccodes are not enough to solve everyone's problems then what do we need to add?
15:25 kf paul_p: and that is why I say it "feels wrong"
15:25 kf paul_p: because the proposed fix will bend the rules
15:26 paul_p kf = bend the rules ?
15:26 kf hm
15:26 kf not sure how to explain what I mean, trying to find words
15:27 kf I think it's changing something in a way that it was never designed to do, and in a way that will not be obvious or logical
15:28 kf and it's going to explode in another place next time
15:28 kf with a new feature added
15:28 kf and it's even mroe complicated
15:28 kf because advancedsearchtype is no longer a single value
15:28 kf uhoh
15:29 kf you can have itemtypes, locations and collections searchable at the same time now
15:29 kf so how is it going to choose?
15:29 paul_p kf = I don't want to add a new feature ! just fix opac-topissues to handle properly this configuration.
15:29 paul_p mmm... you're right, we will probably have a problem here (and everybody will, because the code says : $if (advanced_search_types eq 'ccode')
15:30 kf yeah
15:30 paul_p so, it's broken for everyone !
15:30 kf well everyone using more than one search otpion and having top issues activated :)
15:30 paul_p yep
15:30 slef[…]_Schedule#Timings first draft posted
15:31 kf I also think the combination of item-level_itypes activated + forcing it to use a biblio level value is probably going to be bad
15:32 jcamins slef: thanks for scheduling my talk at the end of the day.
15:32 jcamins I forgot to ask you to do that.
15:32 slef jcamins: which one was yours? :)
15:32 slef I think I started off with it there (guessing at timezone) but probably moved it 3 times since.
15:32 jcamins "But my patrons need more information!"
15:33 Guillaume left #koha
15:33 slef oh right... no I didn't move that one around too much
15:34 slef jcamins: remind me, are you presenting over videolink?
15:34 kf paul_p: I think doing it right would require lots more work - I mean making it flexible enough to have this mix of item leel and biblio level work in all cases - but as it's broken now anyway, we will need it fixed oen way or the other
15:34 kf paul_p: thinking if you can fix it that it works with oyur setup and other configurations it will always be an improvement over what it's doing now :)
15:34 paul_p kf well, just fixing opac-topissues for this particular case is easy. Rewrite everything is ... well ... too big...
15:34 jcamins slef: I'll use Skype or some other video conferencing program if all works, but I'm also going to write the paper in advance and send it to someone who will be at KohaCon, so that we have a backup plan for when technology undoubtedly fails us.
15:35 kf paul_p: I agree, but I am not sure cheating the configuration this way will not cause you more headache in the future
15:35 kf paul_p: not talking about topissues, but perhaps other places
15:36 kf it's only it feels wrong to me still perhaps :)
15:36 slef jcamins: can you put "(remote presentation)" or similar on the abstract on the wiki please?
15:36 paul_p kf = as I said, many libraries are using this configuration safely here. But I agree we will have to double check any update in this area !
15:36 kf probably key is to not assume a mapping, but have the code check for it each time
15:42 jcamins You know, a better solution for topissues would probably be to use the reports webservice.
15:43 slef ----------------------Attendance Details------------------
15:43 slef Conference (5-7 June 2012):     -
15:43 slef Hackfest (9-11 June 2012):      -
15:43 slef
15:43 slef guessing that's not a valid registration then...
15:43 jcamins slef: probably not.
15:51 melia joined #koha
15:54 chris_n can someone remind me why we permit the unchecking of "mandatory" data in webinstaller?
15:55 jcamins chris_n: I have no idea, but I have wondered about that in the past.
15:55 chris_n it seems sort of counter productive to the entire hope of a working installation
15:55 jcamins Agreed.
15:58 kf chris_n: perhaps because it's not knowig that it's mandatory
15:58 kf for example it pulls the label from the folder name
15:58 kf that's why some languages have different names for the directories
15:59 chris_n kf: right
15:59 kf and I think it's listing them alphabetically? and whatever you put there will work (.txt + .sql file)
15:59 chris_n so the question is: should mandatory things not have the option of being unchecked?
15:59 kf so not easy to fix
16:00 kf yes, but where do you tell it what is mandatory?
16:00 chris_n it sorts them correctly afaict
16:00 chris_n ie. things under the "mandatory" header are indeed mandatory... at least in en
16:00 kf yeah, I meant when you name the folder not mandatory, but something else
16:00 kf mandatory is before optional in the alphabet :)
16:01 chris_n no, I think there is code on the backend to discern because the mandatory foo comes up checked by default
16:01 chris_n so somewhere it has to know
16:01 kf ah
16:01 kf hm yes
16:01 kf perhaps has the names of the sql files?
16:01 kf somewhere?
16:01 kf good point :)
16:01 kf ok, now I go!
16:01 kf bye all :)
16:01 chris_n bye
16:02 chris_n well, I have added a "check-all" option which preserves whatever comes up checked by default when unchecked
16:02 chris_n hmm... does that make sense?
16:03 jcamins I think so, yes.
16:07 kf left #koha
16:09 francharb joined #koha
16:09 francharb hi
16:15 adnc joined #koha
16:24 mib_1z43xy joined #koha
16:26 evyugi joined #koha
16:30 libsysguy joined #koha
16:31 evyugi hi, I just started installing koha on ubuntu 11.10 and am very new to all this, are there anyone that can offer me some assistance?
16:33 jcamins evyugi: if you have a specific question, you should just go ahead and ask. Anyone who can help will do so.
16:35 jcamins paul_p: when will you be doing your next round of pushing to master? I'm very much looking forward to bugs 7248 and 7249 being pushed.
16:35 oleonard And 5184!
16:36 slef bug 5184?
16:36 wahanui bug 5184 is the priority
16:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5184 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, oleonard, Passed QA , Upgrade jQuery to the latest version
16:37 slef jcamins: meta-question?
16:37 wahanui just ask, don't ask if you can ask and if the right people are not here, they won't answer or you can use huginn's @later to leave a message
16:37 jcamins Oh yeah, that's a great one too.
16:37 jcamins slef: yes?
16:37 slef jcamins: see wahanui ;)
16:37 jcamins Ooh, that's a good one.
16:38 slef could do with some rewriting, but you get the idea
16:38 evyugi i'm using the wiki guide, and at the last step to configure koha via admin page, and getting this software errors:Software error:
16:38 evyugi Access denied for user 'kohaadmin'@'localhost' (using password: YES) at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 730.
16:38 evyugi Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 33.
16:38 evyugi BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 33.
16:38 evyugi Compilation failed in require at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ line 25.
16:38 evyugi BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ line 25.
16:38 gaetan_B joined #koha
16:39 evyugi please pm me if u can help
16:39 slef please don't ask for pm... the answers should be shared
16:39 evyugi ok, if that convinent too
16:39 slef evyugi: have you created a kohaadmin user in your mysql?
16:39 evyugi yes i have
16:39 jcamins evyugi: which wiki guide?
16:39 slef have you checked that it can connect with mysql?
16:40 slef oh no
16:40 slef use INSTALL.ubuntu not the wiki
16:40 evyugi
16:40 slef the INSTALL file will match the version you downloaded
16:40 slef the wiki might not
16:40 evyugi oh, that in the tar right?
16:40 jcamins evyugi: if you are using Ubuntu 11.10, you should use the packages.
16:40 slef yep, just in the top folder
16:40 jcamins packages?
16:40 wahanui it has been said that packages is at
16:41 slef oh yeah, packages are good too
16:41 mib_1z43xy I saw the same message yesterday on my first-time install, i found that i had the wrong database name, koha instead of what I made it kohadb
16:43 evyugi @slef should i uninstall everything and restart? i'm still new to all this
16:43 huginn evyugi: I suck
16:43 slef wow, INSTALL.ubuntu is for 9.04
16:43 slef evyugi: I think fixing is better than wiping, but it's up to you.
16:44 evyugi is there one for 11.10?
16:44 oleonard INSTALL.ubuntu.lucid is for 10.04 LTS
16:44 jcamins However, the packages are much easier.
16:44 slef oleonard: is that the latest LTS?
16:44 jcamins evyugi: if you are already running into problems with installation, you are almost certainly better off using the packages.
16:44 slef evyugi: see jcamins
16:44 oleonard slef: I think the latest release is the newest LTS
16:45 jcamins Bah.
16:45 jcamins I just screwed up the git repo.
16:45 slef jcamins: I didn't know you had write access to it!
16:45 evyugi k, ill try that
16:45 jcamins Sorry folks.
16:45 jcamins slef: I'm RMaint.
16:46 slef jcamins: oic. I can never remember so I go
16:46 slef RMaint?
16:46 wahanui RMaint are rangi and jcamins
16:46 jcamins gmcharlt: any chance you could delete the 3.6.x-rmaint/testing branch?
16:46 jcamins My script had a typo.
16:46 slef back in 75mins for kohacon12 meeting
16:49 jenkins_koha Starting build #46 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
16:58 francharb joined #koha
16:59 jcamins I think maybe I need to use WWW::Mechanize to automate marking things as pushed to stable.
17:00 Oak joined #koha
17:01 oleonard Under what conditions does a user's CGISESSID change? Is it tied to the session controlled by the "timeout" system pref?
17:06 jcamins magnus_afk: should bug 7537 have been pushed to 3.6.x?
17:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7537 normal, P5 - low, ---, magnus, RESOLVED FIXED, Implement TraceCompleteSubfields, TraceSubjectSubdivisions and UseICU for NORMARC XSLT
17:07 jcamins @later tell magnuse Should bug 7537 have been pushed to 3.6.x? I can revert it if you want me to, but I need to know soon.
17:07 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
17:09 mib_1z43xy I keep getting a error when doing "apt-get update"    GPG error the following signatures wew invalid ...
17:09 mib_1z43xy were invalid
17:09 gaetan_B joined #koha
17:10 mib_1z43xy this is from file
17:10 mib_1z43xy i've downloaded it several times with the same result
17:11 mib_1z43xy i've apt-key del Indexdata then added it again with the same result when updated
17:12 mib_1z43xy any ideas what i need to do?
17:12 jcamins mib_1z43xy: if you're on a recent version of Ubuntu, you don't need to install the GPG signatures.
17:13 jcamins It's also safe to ignore that error, which is what I do.
17:13 gmcharlt jcamins: done
17:13 jcamins gmcharlt: thanks!
17:14 mib_1z43xy thanks but i did try to ignore it and the result i have now is that i .... i don't think indexing is working
17:15 jcamins searching faq?
17:15 wahanui searching faq is, like, at
17:15 jcamins ^^ you'll want to read that document. It is *very* unlikely that the problem you are encountering is a result of the package installation, unless the problem is that Zebra hasn't been installed at all.
17:15 mib_1z43xy i installed all sample data durinf install and then added 5 additional marc21 records and still can't get any results from the opac search page
17:16 mib_1z43xy its install, ldzebra
17:16 mib_1z43xy i'll check out the faq
17:17 mib_1z43xy btw, i followed INSTALL.Debian guide
17:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #46: SUCCESS in 43 min: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/46/
17:33 jenkins_koha robin: Bug 7824 - [3.6.x] show the first name correctly in the OPAC user update screen
17:37 mib_1z43xy the FAQ helped me solve it, thanks very much!
17:56 nengard is bugs.k-c down?
17:58 nengard okay ? bugs.k-c is down
17:58 jcamins nengard: seems to be down, yes.
17:59 hankbank joined #koha
17:59 nengard who manages that?
17:59 nengard hosts that?
17:59 jcamins It's on the wiki.
18:00 nengard rangi wizzyrea gmcharlt bugs.k-c is down
18:00 nengard you're the ones listed with access on the wiki :)
18:00 slef hi
18:00 wahanui hi, slef
18:00 slef anyone here for kohacon IRC meeting?
18:01 * jcamins isn't, but he'll pretend. :)
18:01 jwagner I guess, if I can be of any help
18:01 nengard hehe
18:01 slef #startmeeting
18:01 wahanui if there is a meeting then Brooke must want me
18:01 huginn Meeting started Wed May  9 18:01:41 2012 UTC.  The chair is slef. Information about MeetBot at
18:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic.
18:01 slef #topic Introductions
18:01 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
18:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions
18:02 slef Please, introduce yourself by starting with #info like wahanui just did.
18:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
18:02 slef #info MJ Ray, (support service provider, England)
18:02 jcamins #info Jared Camins-Esakov, C & P Bibliography Services
18:03 jwagner #info Jane Wagner, LibLime/PTFS
18:03 nengard #info Nicole C. Engard, ByWater Solutions
18:03 bag #info Brendan Gallagher ByWater Solutions
18:04 slef cool
18:04 slef #topic Roadmap to KohaCon2012
18:04 Topic for #koha is now Roadmap to KohaCon2012
18:04 slef #info It's one month today!
18:04 nengard Woo hoo
18:04 slef I'll cover scheduling in the next topic
18:05 slef I think mle_ is testing the internet connection any day now.
18:05 slef we've had a couple more registrations and a couple more sponsors in the last week
18:06 slef but we're still a bit tight on sponsorship. Does anyone have a spare hour or two to help pester people?
18:06 slef And can anyone help to announce the conference schedule after the meeting or tomorrow?
18:06 thd slef: Do you have a list of candidates to pester?
18:07 slef thd: yes, I have a spreadsheet of names and email addresses.
18:08 slef thd: might you have spare time to do a mailmerge?
18:08 nengard is there a list somewhere of how many (who) are registered?
18:08 thd How short is the current sponsorship from the projected cost?
18:09 slef nengard: yes, but the list is currently internal in the co-op. I think it's 46 excluding hosts.
18:09 nengard thanks
18:10 slef thd: somewhere between 1100 and 1500 short, depending on where in our forecast certain things are.
18:11 slef that is, what the difference is between forecast and actual costs
18:11 slef sorry... four council meetings yesterday... not at my most coherent today
18:12 slef #help could someone do an emailmerge to ask for more sponsorships?
18:12 slef #help could people repost the announcement of the conference schedule to more mailing lists, social networks and websites?
18:12 thd Is there anything which might be offered as an additional encouragement for the principal existing sponsors?  Of course, they should not need an additional inducement.
18:12 nengard slef what do you mean by conference schedule? The final schedule? or just that we're having a conference and when and where etc?
18:13 nengard I can email the lists I'm on to announce the conference if that's what you mean - I can even link to a schedule of events if we have one ready
18:13 thd nengard: the next topic will cover[…]ohaCon12_Schedule
18:13 slef thd: suggestions? I fear we can only just deliver what we have offered Full Monty sponsors already.
18:13 nengard I did post the conference to a few sites already
18:13 nengard thd well slef did just ask for help on that :)
18:14 slef nengard: it may not be the final schedule, but more info on the talks than currently on the main website.
18:14 Oak night
18:14 sophie_m left #koha
18:14 slef ok, seems like a good point to...
18:15 slef #topic Scheduling
18:15 thd How much of the total cost is securing the venue?
18:15 Topic for #koha is now Scheduling
18:15 slef thd: £960 off the top of my head.
18:15 slef that's the basic hire cost I think
18:15 thd Can we stay with funding a little more?
18:15 slef we'll come back to it
18:15 thd OK
18:16 slef if that's OK?
18:16 slef cool
18:16 slef[…]_Schedule#Timings
18:16 slef #link[…]_Schedule#Timings
18:16 slef first draft of the timings
18:16 slef I've shortened the names. I need to restructure the table to get the full names in without it becoming messy.
18:17 slef But hopefully that gives an idea of what will be on when.
18:17 slef Are there any obvious mistakes?
18:17 slef I was going a bit word-blind by the time I finished it
18:17 slef There are also a few slots with space, as reviewers asked for changes in a few papers
18:18 nengard am I reading this right? I'm not speaking? (not complaining .. just asking)
18:19 slef so they'll fit in the sessions at Tue 1400, Wed 1000, Thu 1130
18:19 slef nengard: you should be. Let me find you.
18:19 nengard Weds afternoon maybe?
18:19 slef nengard: Wed 16:00 Koha Training
18:19 nengard K - I was reading the list at the top
18:19 slef nengard: Thu 14:00 Freedom and Community
18:19 nengard it says my talk was in review
18:19 slef oh that's stale sorry
18:20 jcamins nengard: on Thursday.
18:20 nengard oh! twice :) okey dokey - that sounds more like KohaCon to me :) hehe
18:20 slef I should have remerged the papers list
18:20 slef look under Timings and Abstracts
18:20 jcamins Oh, Wednesday, too.
18:20 nengard no prob, I understand now
18:21 slef nengard: I think you're one of four presenters appearing twice, but the other three are short talks or conference+hackfest.
18:21 slef but that's just trivia really
18:21 nengard :)
18:22 slef OK - any other feedback on the schedule?
18:22 nengard I'm wondering if an intro to what open source is should come in day 1?
18:23 nengard it doesn't fit with the schedule the way it is, and I don't mind talking when you have me, just wondering about the content
18:23 thd nengard++
18:24 nengard maybe swap with installs/analytics?
18:24 nengard although installing is an intro type thing too
18:24 slef I'd like to keep Freedom and Community with Organisation, so it needs a 90min block, whereas installs/analytics is a 60min block
18:25 nengard so ? migrating?
18:25 slef Swap it with Migrating+spare (Tue 1400)?
18:25 slef That's the obvious move
18:25 nengard works for me
18:26 slef Or maybe move Thu 1400 -> Tue 1400, Tue 1400 -> Wed 1400, Wed 1400 -> Thu 1400
18:26 slef if you see what I mean
18:26 nengard also makes sense
18:26 slef basically, the question is this:
18:26 nengard and i think it fits
18:26 thd Migrating should perhaps also come relatively early.
18:26 slef is it better to have similar content on the same day, or mix it up a bit?
18:27 nengard i think there are arguments for both ways
18:27 nengard having similar content on one day makes it so that the day has a "theme"
18:27 slef 10 Heuristics (Tue 1130) is also about migrating
18:27 slef BLDS journey (Mon 1030ish) is too
18:27 thd I think at the last couple of meetings the issue was raised about not having too many non-librarian oriented technical presentations in one day.
18:28 slef arrrgh
18:28 nengard I'm seriously not too fussed about it either way, was just wondering if I introduce people to open source on day 3 if it fits
18:28 slef Wed 1130, Tue 1030ish
18:28 slef I don't cope well with Tuesday starts ;)
18:28 nengard intro to opensource is not techie - it's very librarian-oriented
18:28 nengard if that helps
18:28 slef well, All About People and Using Sandboxes are introducing people to FOSS without using the words
18:28 nengard right
18:29 gaetan_B hmmm, can someone tell me what are the different possible values for reserves.found and what they mean ?
18:29 nengard so do you need my second talk at all?
18:29 slef I'm agnostic about when to schedule it.
18:29 nengard gaetan_B it's in the manual :)
18:29 nengard in an FAQ in an appendix
18:29 slef nengard: I thought it was nice to put what Koha does in context with the proper names and all.
18:29 slef what koha-community does, rather
18:29 gaetan_B nengard: oh... that's practical, i guess i should have looked there first ;) thanks !
18:30 slef thd: that would suggest to keep it mixed up, then.
18:30 nengard okey dokey - keep it as it is and avoid any headaches :)
18:31 thd Yes, mixed but with the introductory presentations at least weighted towards the front of the schedule.
18:31 slef nengard: can you cope with adapting your talk on the fly to reference the other talks as examples of what you're describing? ;-)
18:31 nengard yuppers
18:31 slef nengard: I thought if anyone can cope with it...
18:31 nengard I'm a pro :)
18:32 slef thd: right, I think we're on the same page. Anything glaringly misplaced to you?
18:33 slef nengard: also, be warned that I may move you forwards in the schedule as a quick fix for anyone who causes me problems ;-)
18:33 nengard LOL
18:33 nengard Go for it
18:33 * slef looks at Mr Videolink over there
18:34 slef ;)
18:34 thd I think with moving Freedom+Community, Organisation to the beginning it seems well balanced.
18:34 jcamins slef: that's why I'm providing a non-remote version.
18:34 slef ok, I'll shuffle those two afternoons about a bit after the meeting
18:34 nengard oh! jcamins is Mr. Videolink?
18:34 * nengard was totally confused
18:35 thd I might move migrating to one of the morning slots.
18:35 slef #agreed to shuffle Tuesday and Thursday afternoons
18:35 nengard :)
18:36 thd slef: You had said that there are empty slots.
18:36 thd Where are those?
18:36 wahanui those are good.
18:36 nengard okay I need to step out, let me know if/how I can help via email ttyl
18:36 slef thd: if I were to do that, I'd swap Wed and Thu mornings and put it in the free slot alongside SRU.
18:37 slef thd: slots waiting for reviewed papers are  Tue 1400, Wed 1000, Thu 1130
18:37 thd slef: If you were to do what?
18:37 slef thd: if I were to move migrating to a morning.
18:38 slef thd: as I think migrating wants to be early, but it's mean to put it too near 10 migration heuristics
18:39 slef shall we move on/back to funding?
18:39 thd slef:  Do you mean by 'mean', too much technical discussion back to back?
18:40 slef thd: I think it's a bit mean to put talks that could contradict each other too close together on the schedule.
18:40 slef thd: also whoever speaks second may suffer migration fatigue among the audience
18:40 thd How would they contradict one another?
18:41 thd I think that you mean another word than 'contradict'.
18:41 thd I think I have the sense of what you mean now.
18:41 slef "I'm going to cover what both libraries and developers should know about getting from a proprietary ILS to Koha, and some gotchas that always happen along the way." and "This paper introduces a list of 10 migration heuristics designed to provide readers with a variety of strategies and tools for completing successful data migrations."
18:41 slef also they're both workers for vendors
18:42 slef just seems good to keep them some space
18:42 slef ok, moving on
18:42 thd Maybe you do mean 'contradict' in some manner.
18:42 thd Yes, moving on.
18:42 slef #topic Sponsorship
18:42 Topic for #koha is now Sponsorship
18:42 slef ok, over to you thd! ;)
18:43 hdl joined #koha
18:43 slef What do you want to know? But please don't be offended if I don't want to answer in public immediately for commercial reasons.
18:43 thd What inducements have been offered to the highest level of sponsorship?
18:43 slef * Your organisation’s logo in the conference programme
18:43 slef * A paragraph of text in the conference programme
18:43 slef * Your logo on the conference website
18:43 slef * Your logo on a poster at the conference
18:43 slef * The opportunity to place an insert in the conference pack or flyers on seats
18:46 thd Does the logo imply name listed as major sponsor in non-image format?
18:46 slef not quite sure what you mean?
18:47 slef is the website presentation
18:48 thd Does everyone have their names in the form of a logo such that the logos would immediately be understood to those previously unfamiliar with the logos?
18:49 slef I've not checked them all but I can't think of one immediately. Can anyone?
18:49 slef I've not checked them all but I can't think of one immediately where that isn't the case. Can anyone?
18:49 slef I meant
18:50 * jcamins cannot.
18:51 thd One thing which I can think of is mentioning the sponsor names in at least the official recordings of the conference presentations.
18:52 slef #idea mentioning the sponsor names in the official recordings of the conference presentations
18:52 slef good idea!
18:52 slef we're pretty sure there will be such recordings, one way or another
18:53 slef thd: any more?
18:53 thd One moment on telephone.
18:54 slef thd: can I ask that we discuss this in ordinary IRC another time?
18:55 slef I'm taking silence as consent, in the circumstances.
18:55 thd One moment.
18:55 thd Phone call over.
18:55 slef you've got 1 minute
18:56 thd How much were the premium sponsorships?
18:56 slef £500
18:56 thd How many have been obtained?
18:56 slef 3
18:58 thd As difficult as it may be, I think that you may need to appeal to already existing sponsors to add additional funds by as much as an equal amount to what they had paid already.
18:59 slef ok, noted
18:59 thd I would put the idea out that you would like to encourage that if sufficient additional sponsorship is not forthcoming.
19:00 slef ok, so 1. approach those who haven't yet donated; 2. if still short, approach existing sponsors?
19:01 thd You can at least offer to mention the gratitude of the host to sponsors who doubled or whatever their scheduled sponsorship level to help the conference meet the budget.
19:01 thd Maybe those who double their sponsorship could have a special gold star where their logos are listed.
19:02 slef if we need to
19:02 thd The principle sponsors are also probably the principle financial beneficiaries of the conference activity.
19:02 slef I'm not sure I agree with that.
19:03 thd My statement there was speculative.
19:03 slef ok, noted. Shall we move on to next meeting and close?
19:03 jcamins +1
19:04 slef #topic Next Meeting
19:04 Topic for #koha is now Next Meeting
19:04 thd I consider the benefit to be very widely dispersed but my experience from past organising is that very few people are often willing or able to pay enough for a benefit which they do not expect that they need to pay.
19:04 slef #info Next Meeting Wed 16 May 2012 19:00 UTC - slef may be travelling and he is unsure if mle will be back in time, so can someone offer to chair, please?
19:05 thd Is mle still sick?
19:05 slef #endmeeting
19:05 Topic for #koha is now Koha 3.8.0, 3.6.4 and 3.4.8 Now Available | Koha Community Website - | General IRC meeting, 13 June 2012 at 18:00 UTC+0
19:05 huginn Meeting ended Wed May  9 19:05:13 2012 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
19:05 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-05-09-18.01.html
19:05 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]2-05-09-18.01.txt
19:05 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-18.01.log.html
19:05 slef thd: I was meaning that he might not be back from his appointments earlierin the day.
19:06 thd Oh, I am pleased that he is in good health again :)
19:08 thd For the public record, I have been visiting the doctor rather than ignoring some low level infections which can spike unpleasently.
19:09 * slef goes in search of food before editing the schedule again.
19:10 thd On the issue of funding, I understand that it was probably not an option, however, future conferences should be well advised to reduce costs by obtaining an institutional partner to provide free hosting for the conference venue.
19:11 thd I know that free venue hosting can sometimes be difficult, even for an event proposed by a professor at the same institution.
19:13 thd I suggest listing the estimated budget shortfall in additional requests for sponsorship.
19:14 oleonard Is this: an improvement over this: ?
19:16 francharb oleonard, hopefully
19:16 francharb ;)
19:17 chris_n` joined #koha
19:18 slef thd: UK libraries and universities often even charge their own staff for hosting events now, although usually at lower rates than the public.
19:19 slef thd: we should maybe try to avoid hosting in a country in recession in future ... how's that crystal ball polishing up? ;-)
19:20 thd I have found that the City University of New York often charges its own staff to host a venue.
19:20 thd Most of the world is in recession and maybe for some time.
19:20 * slef ponders dinner
19:21 * slef notes he said that 10mins ago
19:21 * slef JFDIs
19:21 thd I have had favourable information about the relative isolation of some economies in Oceania.
19:21 * jcamins had never heard that abbreviation before.
19:21 jcamins I like it.
19:25 slef jcamins: I think it is from he samesource as TICIFU
19:26 slef the same source
19:26 * thd understands very few IRC abbreviations including the last two.
19:27 * jcamins isn't sure what TICIFU means. It'll come to him.
19:27 slef searches VERA if you need I think
19:27 slef Typical ICI FU
19:28 slef Up
19:28 jcamins Ah.
19:29 jcamins Well, that was not the expected result.
19:29 jcamins Good.
19:29 jcamins No Bugzilla spam.
19:31 slef spam?
19:31 * jcamins is trying to write a script to automate part of the buzilla updating.
19:31 jcamins Right now it doesn't actually do any updating.
19:32 * thd needs to depart.
19:32 jcamins However, the output was entirely unexpected, so I worried briefly that it might've done stuff anyway.
19:33 slef jcamins: It Still Does Nothing
19:34 jcamins slef: good.
19:34 slef ISDN
19:50 libsysguy left #koha
20:00 nengard left #koha
20:02 jcamins Woohoo!
20:03 wizzyrea joined #koha
20:04 cait joined #koha
20:04 cait hi #koha
20:04 jcamins Whoops. I may have updated a few bugs twice.
20:04 jcamins Sorry 'bout that.
20:05 oleonard rangi around?
20:05 chris_n` joined #koha
20:05 rangi Only slightly just arrived in Levin all day meetings today
20:07 rangi What's up Owen?
20:08 oleonard I'm not sure how to explain it well, but I'm wondering if I can define something in T:T (a block?) at the top of a template or in an include and then add something to it later in the template and have it render all in one go
20:08 jcamins "Please stop that lunatic from automatically updating bugzilla!"
20:09 rangi Look up process and block oleonard
20:09 rangi In the tt man pages online
20:09 rangi I think they will do it
20:09 cait oleonard: what are you trying to do? it osunds interesting :)
20:09 * oleonard will look
20:10 oleonard I'm wondering if we can do some CSS/script optimization by consolidating things at the template level in some cases
20:11 kathryn joined #koha
20:11 oleonard If my page needs to add another CSS include it puts it out of optimal sequence with regard to the other CSS files
20:12 cait ok
20:12 rangi Yeah look up my caching plugin too
20:12 cait I am not sure I can follow :)
20:12 cait but I can find that plugin for you oleonard
20:13 rangi You could cache it so logic not repeated every time
20:13 cait bug 7387
20:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7387 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Add Template::Toolkit plugin to allow caching of includes
20:14 hdl joined #koha
20:19 chris_n` joined #koha
20:20 hdl1 joined #koha
20:30 hdl joined #koha
20:31 chris_n` joined #koha
20:33 chris_n` joined #koha
20:34 bag left #koha
20:34 bag joined #koha
20:37 wizzyrea well that doesn't happen often
20:38 cait hey wizzyrea :)
20:38 cait so silent here
20:39 chris_n` joined #koha
20:39 wizzyrea ya
20:39 wizzyrea I saw my name was highlighted but it went off of my scrollback
20:40 cait wasn't me
20:40 wizzyrea guess I'll have to read the logs
20:40 wizzyrea logs?
20:40 wahanui logs is
20:41 wizzyrea oh, tons of stuff pushed today
20:41 wizzyrea I guess
20:41 cait jcamins working on 3.6.5 :)
20:42 wizzyrea ok nothing really important :)
20:42 gaetan_B joined #koha
21:05 chris_n` joined #koha
21:17 chris_n` joined #koha
21:18 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:36 cait left #koha
21:46 chris_n` joined #koha
21:49 chris_n` joined #koha
21:55 YoungPublicLibrarian joined #koha
22:15 maximep left #koha
22:15 kathryn morning :  )
22:23 JoeLib001 joined #koha
22:24 JoeLib001 Hello. :-)
22:25 JoeLib001 I have a question about serials and holdings.
22:26 JoeLib001 I have gone through the painful process of cataloging each of our 1200+ titles and am trying to figure out where I need to put the holdings information.
22:26 JoeLib001 Do I have to have a subscription?
22:26 JoeLib001 Do I need an item associated with the record?
22:27 JoeLib001 Well, that's two, but really one. :-)
22:32 NateC joined #koha
22:44 YoungPublicLibrarian joined #koha
23:27 papa joined #koha
23:40 libsysguy joined #koha
23:54 melia left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary