IRC log for #koha, 2012-04-27

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 BobB joined #koha
00:23 hdl joined #koha
00:40 Kickaha1 left #koha
01:41 Milts_NZ joined #koha
01:42 Milts_NZ Hey Idlers, is there anyone I can talk to about stopwords in Koha?
01:42 druthb Hi, Milts.  :)
01:43 Milts_NZ hey :D
01:43 Milts_NZ we're playing with stopwords, and it seems to make little difference... is it correct that you can't use stopwords if Zebra is turned on?
01:43 Milts_NZ because without them our relevancy ranking is pretty off...
01:44 druthb The short answer is, if you're using NoZebra, there are stopwords, but you have bigger problems, as that is deprecated, and really shouldn't be used.  If you're using Zebra, there are no stopwords.
01:44 Milts_NZ ah I was wondering that. We are using Zebra.
01:44 druthb I've not observed that problem here; lemme grab a couple of settings for you to check.
01:44 mtj ooh, that sounds like it needs a bug logged
01:44 druthb what does?
01:44 wahanui does is calculate the discount on this price or the tax is removed before to calculte the discount on the price before taxes?
01:45 druthb wahanui: forget does
01:45 wahanui druthb: I forgot does
01:45 Milts_NZ I've got a screenshot of a search for the title of an item uploaded here:[…]=8740fa83bc35.png
01:46 Milts_NZ and it appears 6th in the list with all the items before it seemingly appearing because they have "a" and "the" in the titles
01:46 druthb we get best results with QueryAutoTruncate set to "only if * is added", QueryFuzzy "Try", QueryStemming "Try", QueryWeightFields "Enable".
01:47 druthb Now, in the default install, defaultSortField/defaultSortOrder are set to relevance/ascending, which doesn't make much puts the *lowest* relevance first.
01:47 Milts_NZ OK. We don't have QueryFuzzy and QueryStemming on, maybe they would help
01:47 Milts_NZ ooooo o.0
01:47 druthb I always end up setting defaultSortOrder and OPACdefaultSortOrder to "descending," which makes better sense for relevance.
01:48 Milts_NZ will that also make a difference when searching in the staff side?
01:48 druthb defaultSortOrder is the staff sidd, OPACdefaultSortOrder is the OPAC
01:48 druthb *side
01:49 mtj druthb: a patch to remove stopwords, after nozebra code is  deleted
01:49 druthb no need to reindex when you change those; it Just Works.
01:49 druthb mtj++   once NoZebra is gone, yeah, all the stuff that only works for NoZebra needs to go away tooooo
01:50 Milts_NZ druthb: Thanks, playing with the sort order's done it
01:50 druthb Glad to have been of service Milts.  I set up new installs all the time, and that's just one of my setting-up steps.
01:52 Milts_NZ druthb: SpaceLibrarian also says Hi and THANKS
01:52 druthb :D  Tell her hello for me!
01:53 mtj ...bug logged :)
01:53 Milts_NZ :D
01:53 melia left #koha
01:54 Space_Librarian joined #koha
01:54 * Space_Librarian appears in a blinding flash of light
01:54 druthb I have trouble teaching librarians occasionally that you don't do CCL queries with Koha...just throw words at it, like you do Google, and it mostly Just Works.
01:54 * druthb squees happily!
01:54 Space_Librarian hey druthb :D
01:55 Space_Librarian Thanks for the epic fix.
01:55 * druthb blushes.
01:55 Milts_NZ druthb: there should be a popup when you open Koha for the first time with a list of 'best default settings'
01:55 druthb T'weren't nothin', sweetie.    Just something I've learned about new installs, having done so many of 'em.
01:55 Milts_NZ because without you, we would have been lost for a long time
01:55 Space_Librarian I get the feeling much of our Initial Set-Up wasn't ever actually Set-Up... so what Milts_NZ says would be great.
01:56 Space_Librarian druthb++
01:56 druthb even a manual chapter, or something on the wiki or something, might be helpful.  But if the mode is "relevance", the default oughta be "Descending" as installed anyway...that's always seemed a lil silly.
01:59 mib_unjygw joined #koha
01:59 Milts_NZ From a 'slightly lost end user' perspective it seems _quite_ silly
02:00 mtj pssst... log a bug...
02:00 Milts_NZ I've logged 2 in the last month, isn't there some kind of quota?
02:00 Space_Librarian I think Milts_NZ may be getting tired of my saying "log a bug" too
02:01 Space_Librarian :p
02:01 druthb I logged one yesterday, so this'll be my second this month, too.
02:03 druthb Bug 8012 filed.
02:04 druthb I suppose since I said "trivial to fix", you'll be wanting a *patch* or something, too, mtj?  :P
02:07 druthb It looks like there was an attempt to fix this, by handling the "NULL" initialized value in the syspref at the template.  But why not just initialize the value correctly?
02:08 mtj see, after a little bit of practice - i can log a bug in about the same time it takes me to bitch about something borken on #irc
02:09 druthb Since you can't set NULL in the interface, it really makes little sense to me why the value is initialized NULL.
02:10 mtj not saying that y'all are 'bitching' :)
02:13 * druthb walks out onto the high dive, in a hurricane, with nothing but a small tumbler of water where the pool should be, blindfolded...
02:15 mtj druthb: nope, no patch wanted from me :)  logging the issue is 'GOOD-ENUFF' (tm applied for)
02:15 druthb It looks to me like the basic case that Fridolyn raises in bug 6092 needs to be handled, for systems where that is still set to NULL, as well as setting the values in the installer (Bug 8012)
02:15 druthb Still a pretty trivial patch, IMO.
02:20 mtj keep digging that hole, ruth  :)
02:20 druthb mtj:  :P
02:21 druthb I require frozen yogurt, and chocolate.  Perhaps chocolate frozen yogurt.  Back directly, and then I'll consider writing a patch to clear up both of these bugs.
02:23 * Space_Librarian now wants gelato
02:24 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: I look forward to signing off on your patch adding 773 to the OPAC results. :)
02:26 * Space_Librarian blinks and scurries off to check the patches
02:27 jcamins_away Space_Librarian: did you write that patch yet?
02:27 jcamins_away I didn't notice it yet if you did!
02:27 Space_Librarian I'm trying to remember if I did or not!
02:27 jcamins_away Doesn't look like it.
02:28 jcamins_away I certainly was under the impression that you hadn't.
02:28 jcamins_away But there's still time!
02:30 Space_Librarian Yes, yes there is. Now. to remember what I was going to do...
02:30 jcamins What we really need is for the 773 to show up in OPAC results.
02:31 jcamins As it happens, I can point you to an example of what might be wanted.
02:31 jcamins Convenient, isn't that?
02:31 jcamins :)
02:31 Space_Librarian what was I going to do. That's right. That's what I was going to do. Will investigate it now.
02:31 Space_Librarian Very convenient.
02:31 Space_Librarian Point me in the right direction!
02:32 * Space_Librarian has delegated all work and wants something to do that is productive.
02:32 jcamins[…]CResults.xsl#L510
02:32 jcamins That's even not a staggeringly awful URL. :)
02:33 Space_Librarian it isn't indeed
02:34 jcamins So you can combine that example with the code we have in the OPAC Details page to get something like what you want.[…]7f73;hb=HEAD#l634
02:34 jcamins ^^ that's a pretty awful URL.
02:34 * Space_Librarian does something about a github login
02:35 Space_Librarian re: the ^^ URL - O.o
02:35 jcamins My first link shouldn't require a login.
02:35 jcamins Did it demand that you login?
02:35 jcamins If it did, I'll try and fix that.
02:36 Space_Librarian nope? the first link too me straight to the code
02:36 Space_Librarian took*
02:36 jcamins Oh, good. :)
02:36 jcamins That's what it was supposed to do.
02:37 Space_Librarian excellent
02:37 jcamins druthb_away: BTW, speak for yourself, I use CCL for most of my searching in Koha.
02:37 jcamins And regularly curse our "implementation."
02:39 * jcamins sighs- wish I had more time for signing things off just now.
02:40 * Space_Librarian offers a TARDIS for use
02:40 jcamins Yes!
02:40 jcamins Thank you!
02:42 jcamins :)
02:42 Space_Librarian just don't let wizzyrea anywhere near it, you'll never get it back.
02:42 jcamins lol
03:04 Milts_NZ Thx all for the help, have a great day/evening/night/morning (depending)
04:02 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
04:02 Amit_Gupta heya bag
04:41 Oak joined #koha
04:41 Oak kia ora #koha
05:00 cait joined #koha
05:20 Oak joined #koha
05:21 Amit_Gupta heya cait
05:21 cait hi Amit_Gupta
05:24 francharb joined #koha
05:24 francharb good morning
05:24 cait good morning francharb :)
05:32 Oak Guten Morgen cait :)
05:33 Guillaume joined #koha
05:38 cait hi Oak :)
05:50 Oak :)
06:23 alex_a joined #koha
06:23 alex_a bonjour
06:36 alex_a1 joined #koha
06:45 laurence joined #koha
06:51 julian_m joined #koha
06:53 hdl joined #koha
06:53 reiveune joined #koha
06:53 reiveune hello
07:01 hdl joined #koha
07:05 magnuse kia ora #koha!
07:08 asaurat joined #koha
07:11 clrh hello all
07:13 magnuse vonjour clrh
07:13 magnuse or "bonjour", your choice :-)
07:13 kf joined #koha
07:14 kf hi #koha
07:14 magnuse guten morgen kf
07:16 reiveune left #koha
07:18 sophie_m joined #koha
07:22 esofiane joined #koha
07:23 esofiane Hi everybody
07:24 magnuse hiya esofiane
07:24 magnuse danielg++
07:24 magnuse @seen danielg
07:24 magnuse no?
07:24 wahanui no is failing unit tests
07:24 magnuse oh well
07:24 clrh I prefer bonjour magnuse ^^
07:24 * magnuse will try to remember that
07:26 laurence joined #koha
07:40 newa34 joined #koha
07:40 newa34 helo everyone....
07:41 newa34 I am having "Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 606 " error with newly installed koha 3.8
07:41 newa34 can make search on Staff Client but on OPAC this error appeared ....any idea any one??
07:45 magnuse newa34: never seen that before, are you using pazpar2?
07:46 Amit_Gupta heya magnuse
07:46 newa34 yes i have selected pazpar2 during installation
07:46 kf hi magnuse and all
07:47 magnuse hiya Amit_Gupta
07:49 newa34 i think i did had nearly same error during koha 3.2 but...on later version i havent got it...during tat time it was some sort of package missing...but this time i can find there is no any package missing required for koha installation
07:49 kf perhaps try turning off the pazpar2 preference
07:49 kf try a search for grouped in the system preferences
07:49 magnuse when i set OpacGroupResults = Use i get the same error
07:49 newa34 i am installing it on Debian(Squeeze)
07:49 kf ah yep that one
07:49 Amit_Gupta heya kf
07:50 newa34 ok i will try it now...few minutes plz
07:50 magnuse but i never tried setting up pazpar2, so i can't be of much help here
07:53 newa34 magnus u were worked when i turned off OpacGroupResult
07:54 newa34 need to figure out more abt pazpar2....anyway thax alots magnuse
07:55 magnuse no problemo!
07:59 kf magnuse++
08:00 magnuse hey, i didn't do much!
08:00 kf Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 606 is Try to turn of the OpacGroupResults system preference.
08:00 kf Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 606?
08:00 kf wahanui: Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ is <reply> Try to turn of the OpacGroupResults system preference. :)
08:00 wahanui OK, kf.
08:00 magnuse i wonder if it is a bug or just missing setup, though
08:00 kf Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/
08:00 kf hmpf
08:01 kf Could not find opac-search.xml in /usr/share/koha/opac/cgi-bin/opac/ at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ is?
08:01 kf wahanui is being mean
08:01 magnuse it's friday...
08:03 magnuse hey, it's friday!
08:03 magnuse pizzaday!
08:03 newa34 Do anyone have Idea about GMAIL SMTP for carts....?
08:04 newa34 some of the frens post patch with concept of Centralize mail system for koha 3.6 is it now included on 3.8? or need to patch to have ta feature
08:25 reiveune joined #koha
08:26 Guillaume joined #koha
08:26 reiveune left #koha
08:27 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
08:30 reiveune joined #koha
09:23 babu joined #koha
09:23 babu hi to all
09:27 kf search faq?
09:27 wahanui search faq is at[…]on/faq/searching/
09:29 babu BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at C:/Usr/koha229/opac/cgi-bin/koha/ line 7.
09:30 vfernandes joined #koha
09:30 kf babu: are you trying to install Koha on windows?
09:32 vfernandes Hi Koha community
09:33 vfernandes one question: on UNIMARC Koha souldn't the field 099 in the marcxml be filled automatically?
09:34 vfernandes in UNIMARC the field 099 have two subfield: the creation date (date-entered-on-file) and the last modification date
09:35 vfernandes but when I create a new record (or when editing) the field isn't filled in the marcxml
09:35 vfernandes the values for that subfields are in the biblio table, but should also be in the column marcxml of biblioitems
09:36 vfernandes anyone knows how to solve this?
09:46 vfernandes no one?
09:46 wahanui no one is saying a word, soooooo
09:46 kf vfernandes: sorry, I don't know about UNIMARC
09:46 kf we are using MARC21 only
09:47 kf so no idea about your problem
09:47 vfernandes right...but shouldn't koha fill that field automatically?
09:48 kf I don't know
09:49 vfernandes ok thanks anyway kf... maybe should be better to send a email to the koha list
10:00 samuel joined #koha
10:00 samuel hi everybody!
10:01 kf hi samuel
10:42 hdl joined #koha
10:45 sophie_m joined #koha
10:45 newa34 ok gudday all ..see u all soon
10:55 alex_a joined #koha
11:00 laurence joined #koha
11:20 jwagner joined #koha
11:23 sophie_m1 joined #koha
11:24 sophie_m1 left #koha
11:24 sophie_m1 joined #koha
11:27 sophie_m1 joined #koha
11:39 nengard joined #koha
11:48 julian_m joined #koha
11:49 julian_m joined #koha
11:56 hdl joined #koha
12:13 asaurat1 joined #koha
12:13 oleonard joined #koha
12:14 hdl1 joined #koha
12:26 oleonard So.
12:28 kf hi oleonard :)
12:28 oleonard Hi kf
12:29 kf it's friday :)
12:30 oleonard Yes.
12:30 * kf offers a cookie for a smile
12:31 oleonard :)
12:32 * kf hands over the cookie
12:33 * oleonard would take it if he could as it would go well with this coffee
12:33 tcohen joined #koha
12:34 kf oleonard: if you believe strong enough... it will work
12:38 oleonard Strange, when the selection is moved from one radio button to another the change() function doesn't fire on the one the selection moves away from
12:39 kf in circ?
12:39 oleonard I'd like to hide the "restricted unil" date entry form on memberentry if "Restricted: No" is checked.
12:40 NateC joined #koha
12:40 kf yeah
12:40 kf that woudl be good I think
12:43 alex_a left #koha
12:44 alex_a joined #koha
12:51 edveal joined #koha
12:57 magnuse this is encouraging:[…]36x-vs-master.png it's the response times for two koha opacs, green is 3.6.4, blue is current master
12:59 kf oh cool
12:59 kf is this memcache or plack or something? or just as is?
13:00 magnuse pretty much as is
13:00 magnuse the blue one has tt caching turned on
13:00 magnuse no memcache or plack
13:00 kf oh nice!
13:01 magnuse it might look different for things like search, but it's moving in the right direction
13:03 kf yep
13:07 oleonard Bug 8014
13:07 * oleonard taps his foot, looking around
13:07 jcamins_away Ooh, cool!
13:07 jcamins_away (in response to magnuse's graph)
13:07 magnuse hehe
13:08 jcamins_away For those who have been eagerly awaiting the results of my research, it looks like our fridge uses a bit more than 1/3 of the electricity we consume in a month.
13:08 magnuse oops
13:09 oleonard Wow. did you use one of those plug-in meters?
13:09 * magnuse would consider a new fridge
13:09 jcamins_away oleonard: yup.
13:09 oleonard[…]blionumber=253660
13:10 jcamins_away magnuse: that's why I decided I needed a meter.
13:10 jcamins_away oleonard: cool!
13:10 magnuse jcamins_away: cool
13:10 magnuse oleonard: cool
13:10 magnuse oops "In transit from Wells (Albany) to Glouster since 09/30/2011"
13:10 jcamins_away The next step is to find out whether a new fridge would improve things significantly.
13:11 oleonard magnuse: Yeah, we have issues with our cargo delivery contractor :(
13:11 magnuse how old is the old one?
13:11 magnuse oleonard: :-(
13:11 jcamins_away magnuse: uhhh... thirty or forty years?
13:11 jcamins_away I think.
13:11 magnuse then i think a new one will improve things sigificantly, yes :-)
13:11 * oleonard agrees!
13:12 oleonard Also: Holy smokes that's an old fridge!
13:12 jcamins_away oleonard: it certainly is. The internet doesn't seem to know that this type of fridge was ever made.
13:13 jcamins_away (other than a few vague references to "we bought the fridge sometime in the seventies")
13:13 magnuse hehe
13:13 magnuse don't expect the next one to last that long, though... :-(
13:13 oleonard "in the bleary haze of a cocaine-and-disco hangover"
13:14 magnuse hehe
13:15 oleonard The ad read, "Can hold up to 100 cans of Tab!"
13:16 jcamins_away magnuse: yeah, I know. :(
13:17 jcamins_away The question is whether the electricity usage is high enough for a new fridge to pay for itself.
13:17 magnuse i'd bet it is
13:18 maximep joined #koha
13:18 jcamins_away Using more than 1/3 of our electricity does seem rather significant.
13:18 magnuse yup
13:19 jcamins_away Sadly they're staggeringly expensive.
13:21 oleonard They can be, but I don't think they have to be (although I don't know how efficiency will affect the price offhand)
13:21 jcamins_away According to GE, a new refrigerator uses approximately 1/4 as much electricity.
13:22 jcamins_away oleonard: unfortunately we have a very narrow kitchen, so we need a "deluxe" size.
13:22 * magnuse would have guessed a deluxe was bigger than normal
13:23 jcamins_away It's not actually called deluxe.
13:23 jcamins_away But based on the price, it's considered a deluxe size.
13:23 magnuse ah
13:24 talljoy joined #koha
13:25 Culiforge joined #koha
13:26 Culiforge could someone provide some assistance getting zebra going on a fedora 14 system?
13:28 jcamins_away Culiforge: I don't think anyone here uses Fedora, sorry.
13:28 * jcamins_away wanders off
13:28 sophie_m joined #koha
13:33 slef Culiforge: I rarely do fedora. What's the problem?
13:33 slef meta-question?
13:33 wahanui just ask, don't ask if you can ask and if the right people are not here, they won't answer or you can use huginn's @later to leave a message
13:33 slef except huginn's missing
13:34 slef but there's logbot
13:42 Culiforge slef: well, when I installed on ubuntu, everything went great but the school here wants it on fedora and I couldn't talk them out of it
13:43 Culiforge slef: but I can't seem to get zebra to run much less start at boot
13:45 * wizzyrea doesn't use fedora
13:45 * wizzyrea waves
13:46 oleonard Hi wizzyrea
13:47 Culiforge wizzyrea: nor do I .... fedora would be so much better if it were deb based... :o
13:47 wizzyrea but I'd have to take a guess and say that permissions are what's tripping you up
13:47 wizzyrea unless your specific error messages imply differently
13:52 Culiforge
13:53 wizzyrea that looks more like a typo in koha-conf.xml
13:54 chris_n bug 8000
13:54 wizzyrea huginn has gone awol
13:54 * chris_n pokes wahanui
13:54 * chris_n pokes huginn
13:55 * oleonard hands chris_n a "Get to know your bots" pamphlet
13:55 * chris_n pokes gmcharlt
13:55 chris_n lol
13:55 wizzyrea he's at eg12conf
13:55 Culiforge wizzyrea: but there shouldn't be colons in xml tags should there?
13:56 wizzyrea right 7999 and 8000 are not the same
13:56 wizzyrea similar, but not the same
13:56 Culiforge wizzyrea: or section tags rather.. the koha-conf.xml template from the install has none
14:00 wizzyrea hm yea idk then.
14:02 hdl joined #koha
14:03 wizzyrea well I have a strange problem after my ubuntu upgrade
14:03 jcamins Oh! Yes! I'm upgrading Ubuntu!
14:04 Culiforge I notice there's  #koha on when I google fedora and koha together, that's where most of the hits come from.... anyone have opinions on whether that might be a good place to ask?
14:04 jcamins Upgrade is finished.
14:04 jcamins Culiforge: that's the Koha mailing list.
14:04 wizzyrea that channel is this channel
14:04 Culiforge jcamins: so no one there?
14:05 wizzyrea no one's home
14:05 jcamins The IRC channel moved over to here.
14:05 wizzyrea :)
14:05 Culiforge ah, ok
14:05 wizzyrea oh bother, I guess pastebot is broken too?
14:06 pastebot "jcamins" at pasted "wizzyrea: I'm testing pastebot" (1 line) at
14:06 wizzyrea wtfrack
14:06 oleonard Oh boy, I have an old problem back after upgrading Ubuntu: laptop display won't wake up after being closed :(
14:06 wizzyrea boo!
14:06 wizzyrea mine worked mostly ok I think
14:07 wizzyrea well, it broke my hibernation again
14:07 oleonard Probably means some proprietary driver problem.
14:07 wizzyrea but that's easily fixed.
14:07 wizzyrea (that's my fault anyway.)
14:08 wizzyrea anyway:
14:08 wizzyrea same in /usr/local/share/perl
14:09 jcamins Does anyone remember what attribute is keyword?
14:09 wizzyrea but in /usr/lib/perl I have 5.14.2
14:09 jcamins (off the top of your head)
14:09 wizzyrea i'm so confused.
14:09 wizzyrea kw?
14:09 jcamins I meant the numeric one.
14:09 jcamins 1012, something like that?
14:09 wizzyrea oh, no
14:10 * jcamins is checking.
14:10 jcamins 1016
14:12 pastebot "nengard" at pasted "report help needed - anyone around that can help me out with this one?" (47 lines) at
14:14 slef I mailed gmcharlt about huginn
14:14 slef not opened that mailbox since
14:14 slef I guess that's my next job
14:15 slef Culiforge: I don't think you want -c for an xml config
14:15 slef Culiforge: can you try the zebra start up script from koha's bin folder?
14:15 JesseM joined #koha
14:16 slef Culiforge:
14:16 slef Culiforge: you may need to "yum install daemon" or something like that to make it work.
14:17 slef Culiforge: and if you have ever successfully run zebrasrv as root, permissions will be screwed up with 95% probability, sorry
14:17 slef Culiforge: unless you're running all of koha as root which sounds like a Really Bad Idea to me.
14:18 jcamins Terrible idea.
14:18 libsysguy joined #koha
14:19 jcamins Another terrible idea is running master in production.
14:19 jcamins libsysguy: oh, hey, I didn't see you there!
14:19 libsysguy heh
14:19 libsysguy he its not so bad
14:20 libsysguy think of all the cool new stuff you get
14:20 libsysguy :p
14:20 wizzyrea cool *partly broken* stuff.
14:20 slef jcamins: aw shush customers like the dual functions of latest cool features and firey death!
14:20 wizzyrea >.>
14:20 wizzyrea <.<
14:20 * wizzyrea gave up her hat of fiery death
14:20 slef is the RMaint keeping 3.8.x stable with swift bugfixes?
14:20 Culiforge slef: tried it with the conf file same result... I'll follow your suggestions and see what comes up
14:21 wizzyrea if we can get some through farkin qa he would
14:21 slef Culiforge: can you hire someone who has Fedora experience?
14:21 wizzyrea plus paul is on vacation
14:21 jcamins slef: not as stable as 3.6. :)
14:21 slef paul != rmaint is he?
14:21 wizzyrea no, but often the workflow goes through master first
14:21 slef and I need 3.8 so I can probably do some QA
14:22 wizzyrea patch -> signoff -> qa -> master -> stable
14:22 slef bah Single Point Of Failure
14:22 wizzyrea slef: first patches specifically for 3.8 that I know of, are 3998
14:22 wizzyrea sorry, 7998
14:22 * oleonard is hoping to bust up master with some good stuff
14:22 libsysguy yayy cool stuff from oleonard
14:22 gmcharlt joined #koha
14:22 wizzyrea yay gmcharlt!
14:23 libsysguy don't break anything oleonard
14:23 wizzyrea no worries, no hurries gmcharlt - but huginn is broken and we miss him
14:23 * libsysguy gives oleonard the hairy eyeball
14:23 slef libsysguy: too late. oleonard already killed huginn
14:23 libsysguy oleonard!!!
14:23 wahanui oleonard is, like, still here, if you just wish hard enough. or Koha's master UI designer
14:23 slef libsysguy: in the library with the lead piping.
14:23 * oleonard gives libsysguy css and js libs outside of translated paths
14:23 * oleonard ..and jqueryUI
14:24 libsysguy w00t!!
14:24 huginn joined #koha
14:24 * libsysguy loves some jqueryUI
14:24 gmcharlt @quote random
14:24 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #178: "jcamins: IIS kills kittens" (added by wizzyrea at 05:20 PM, January 10, 2012)
14:24 * gmcharlt blinks
14:24 libsysguy can I use the theme roller?
14:24 jcamins gmcharlt: it's true, isn't it?
14:24 gmcharlt jcamins: well, ys
14:25 wizzyrea @quote random
14:25 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #182: "rangi: chiclet makes me think all you could type on it is bridget jones diary novels" (added by wizzyrea at 07:35 PM, January 25, 2012)
14:26 * wizzyrea giggles that was a funny day
14:26 wizzyrea i'm really quite flummoxed by this perl problem on my laptop.
14:26 wizzyrea maybe I need to remove it altogether and reinstall.
14:26 slef wizzyrea: what one's that? looking at scrollback
14:26 slef wizzyrea: if you cut your finger, do you amputate it?
14:27 wizzyrea well, on my new ubuntu upgrade (from 11 to 12) @INC is looking for 5.14.2 but in /usr/local/share/perl only exists 5.12.4
14:27 wizzyrea it's bewildering
14:27 wizzyrea it depends really on how bad the cut is :P
14:28 slef wizzyrea: /usr/local/bin/perl -V ?
14:28 francharb joined #koha
14:29 wizzyrea 5.14.2
14:31 wizzyrea and the paths all point to 5.14.2, but in /usr/local/lib/perl, as well as usr/local/share/perl, i only see 5.12.4
14:31 Culiforge quote: slefCuliforge: can you hire someone who has Fedora experience? well.. the netadmin wanted me to use fedora because that's what the school district uses... He offered to assist but it takes 3 days to get a response from him....
14:32 wizzyrea oh boy.
14:32 Culiforge yeah
14:32 wizzyrea install virtualbox on your fedora machine and run debian in that :P
14:32 oleonard Makes one wonder what the point is of going with his choice
14:32 * wizzyrea can play bofh too
14:33 slef oleonard: maybe he has monitoring and updates set up for fedora servers. But I doubt it.
14:33 Culiforge 'cause he believes rpmtools and redhat is the way to do it
14:33 wizzyrea i used to use redhat and fedora - but it makes no sense compared to debian.
14:33 wizzyrea imo
14:33 slef That's his choice and I respect his freedom to choose, but his freedom to swing his arm stops when it is infringing my face.
14:34 slef ;)
14:34 wizzyrea well and before that I used the garden of razorblades that is OpenBSD.
14:34 Culiforge woot!
14:34 slef @quote add <wizzyrea> well and before that I used the garden of razorblades that is OpenBSD.
14:34 huginn slef: The operation succeeded.  Quote #202 added.
14:34 slef wizzyrea: Swiss Army Chainsaw, huh?
14:34 wizzyrea ow my leg.
14:35 slef :)
14:35 wizzyrea :D
14:35 slef arrrgh 17/30ths of the way through time and 0% of mail completed... biab
14:35 jcamins 17/30s?
14:36 Culiforge hopefully the NAT will be set up before the end of the school year so I can bang my head on this project from home
14:44 kf @quote random
14:44 huginn kf: Quote #148: "<oleonard> sekjal wants EVERYTHING in a matrix! <sekjal> I'm like the Anti-Neo" (added by wizzyrea at 05:11 PM, August 25, 2011)
14:45 kf lol
14:46 hdl sekjal's name is neo
14:46 wizzyrea hehe that's a great one
14:54 wizzyrea @quote random
14:54 huginn wizzyrea: Quote #193: "<libsysguy> I don't always reterminate....but when I do the terminator is near a stud // * wizzyrea considers if this is a real statement or something to do with the movie." (added by slef at 02:56 PM, March 22, 2012)
15:01 julian_m joined #koha
15:06 edveal Does anyone know if the users home library is or can be passed via SIP?
15:07 wizzyrea the first question?
15:07 wahanui somebody said the first question was "What are you trying to do?" or or what is the goal?
15:08 * oleonard is linting json
15:08 * wizzyrea imagines oleonard with a sticky tape roller, going after his computer
15:09 oleonard Speaking of which, maybe today is the day I'll give my keyboard a bath.
15:09 jcamins wizzyrea: wouldn't that be *de*-linting?
15:09 wizzyrea true enough
15:11 * jcamins pictures oleonard with a large bag full of cat hair, throwing it on his computer.
15:19 alex_a left #koha
15:20 kf bye all and nice weekend!
15:20 kf left #koha
15:31 asaurat1 left #koha
15:34 jcamins Why is it that every authority file other than LC's has useful information in it?
15:36 jcamins Seriously, every single one.
15:45 reiveune bye
15:45 reiveune left #koha
15:48 chris_n QOTD: "Someone who says little things don't bother them has never tried to sleep in a room with one mosquito."
15:51 francharb see ya
15:51 oleonard chris_n: As my wife would say, "Someone who says little things don't bother them has never tried to sleep in a room with a man who hears one mosquito"
15:52 chris_n lol
15:52 jcamins lol
15:53 melia joined #koha
15:54 laurence left #koha
15:54 sophie_m left #koha
15:56 edveal I am using this to auto populate a password field.  But I want to add .toUpperCase and am having no luck. Any use .toUpperCase?
15:56 edveal $(document).ready(function(){
15:56 edveal $("#entryform #surname").blur(function(){
15:56 edveal $("#entryform #password").val($("#entryform #surname").val());
15:56 edveal });
15:56 edveal });
15:59 oleonard You're trying to convert the surname to uppercase when populating the password field?
16:01 jcamins oleonard++ # the save button that sticks to the header in the cataloging module is great
16:02 jcamins You know, it is my considered opinion that we should cache the usage statistics for authorities.
16:03 jcamins Specifically, we should use memoize_memcached.
16:03 cait joined #koha
16:03 jcamins That would be good.
16:03 cait hI :)
16:03 jcamins Or we should use Koha::Cache.
16:03 jcamins That would also be good.
16:03 jcamins I'm pretty flexible about the specfics.
16:04 cait I have no idea what this is about- but Koha::Cache yay
16:04 jcamins *specifics
16:04 jcamins cait: we should cache authority usage statistics.
16:05 cait hm
16:05 cait we should cache report results
16:05 cait like that nice patch from chris did
16:05 edveal oleonard yes that is it. The field is filled in Surname case and we want it to be all uppercase when it is moved to password.
16:05 jcamins That too.
16:05 cait that fell over the edge when they changed something.. :(
16:06 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "Try this in the Firebug console" (3 lines) at
16:06 oleonard edveal: ^^
16:07 edveal Thanks that will help.
16:08 jwagner oleonard, shouldn't that third line be #surname instead of #firstname?
16:09 oleonard No, I just wanted to show the transformation in an obvious way since edveal wanted to put it in password where it will be masked
16:16 wizzyrea why exactly is the biblioitems.isbn field only size 30
16:17 jcamins wizzyrea: no idea.
16:17 wizzyrea i mean, that sucks if you're trying to report out ISBN's, you have to extract them from the marcxml if there are more than a couple in there
16:17 wizzyrea well 3, actually.
16:17 jcamins wizzyrea: why don't we normalize ISBNs?
16:18 jcamins I mean, their storage in the database.
16:18 cait don't know
16:18 wizzyrea don't ask me
16:18 cait why is edition not mapped by default?
16:20 jcamins cait: another mystery!
16:21 * cait nods
16:21 jcamins You know, I would really like an authority module that could directly interface with LCNAF/PND/etc.
16:22 jcamins Or VIAF.
16:22 * wizzyrea is critted by acronyms for 9999
16:22 * wizzyrea dies
16:22 jcamins lol
16:23 jcamins Library of Congress Name Authority File, Personennamendatei, Virtual International Authority File.
16:24 jcamins Great, viaf is dead.
16:24 cait jcamins: no more pnd
16:24 cait gnd now
16:25 cait also includes swd and gkd (corporates and topic(?) authorities)
16:25 cait gemeinsame normdatei I think
16:25 cait it's very cool :) and very new
16:26 jcamins cait: :)
16:27 jcamins You know what we need for this to work?
16:27 jcamins We need marcelr's SRU search stuff.
16:27 jcamins I need time to test it and sign off on it.
16:27 cait I tsted it
16:27 cait it worked beautifully
16:27 jcamins I know.
16:27 cait only problem was unimarc :(
16:28 jcamins But we could always do with more sign offs.
16:28 cait he talked about breaking it into smaller pieces
16:28 cait yep true
16:28 cait probably needs rebase now tho
16:28 jcamins Yeah, I know. :(
16:28 cait we changed the interface on that page
16:28 cait and I am sure also changed other things
16:28 cait but I absolutely want it
16:28 cait in koha
16:28 cait for 3.10
16:29 jcamins Yes.
16:29 cait and json for cached reports...
16:29 jcamins And a rewritten authorities module.
16:29 cait oh yes
16:29 jcamins Or mostly rewritten authorities module.
16:30 cait and semantikoha things in opac
16:30 cait and... hm.
16:30 jcamins I'd also love for chris_n to finish his new cataloging editor.
16:30 cait can I send a longer wish list? :)
16:30 cait oh yes
16:30 cait open bugs down to 300
16:30 cait where bus is bugs and not enhancements
16:30 jcamins Auto-suggest in the OPAC.
16:30 cait alphabetic register search...
16:30 cait ok... I know it's a libarian feature
16:30 cait but would be nice if it worked actually
16:30 jcamins Useful authority display in the OPAC.
16:31 cait that too
16:31 cait we should start a wish list :)
16:31 jcamins Are you worried we might not be able to think of things we want in the future? :P
16:32 cait hm no
16:32 cait actulaly.. no
16:32 jcamins Oh, BTW, cait, I talked about your union catalog at a Code4Lib meeting the other day.
16:33 cait oh you did?
16:33 jcamins Yup.
16:33 cait in which context?
16:33 cait and did you say something nice? :)
16:33 jcamins About the way you link out to wikipedia, and have useful authorities.
16:33 cait ah yes
16:34 jcamins Speaking of which, I just had an idea.
16:34 cait we could do the wikipedia links
16:34 cait it's open source I think
16:34 jcamins If we had more semantic classes in our XSLT output, we could do that easily.
16:35 cait I think it's based on this
16:35 jcamins Ummm...
16:35 jcamins Have you shown that to magnuse?
16:35 cait um no
16:35 cait I think I didn't think of it
16:36 * cait does it now
16:36 jcamins magnuse is a great guy, so I'm sure he'll forgive you. ;)
16:36 cait yeah, he really is a great guy
16:38 jcamins That SeeAlso is really cool, BTW. :)
16:38 cait it's from jakob voss
16:43 cait jcamins: what was your idea?
16:43 jcamins That was my idea.
16:43 jcamins That we could do that if we had better semantic classes.
16:44 cait oh right
16:44 oleonard This behavior of authorities autocomplete seems less than optimal:
16:45 jcamins oleonard: it certainly does.
16:46 jcamins I guess I never tested selecting records with a see from.
16:46 * oleonard is re-doing YUI autocompletes in jqueryUI
16:46 jcamins Woohoo!
16:46 jcamins oleonard++
16:49 oleonard From my very small sample it looks like such records could be chopped off after the "<br />":
16:49 oleonard 'summary' => 'Leonard, Arthur Gray, b. 1865<br />&nbsp;
16:50 jcamins Yes.
16:50 cait oleonard: the whole display is build bad :(
16:50 * jcamins hopes it'll improve in 3.10.
16:50 cait it's building the html in .... a .pm
16:50 cait and
16:50 cait it contains untranslatable strings
16:51 cait as the see and see also come from... the .pm
16:51 jcamins I don't expect it will be 100% fixed, but at least it should be improved.
16:51 cait I wonder who did that and why why why... *sigh*
16:51 oleonard Of course, you right.
16:51 jcamins cait: *really*? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
16:51 jcamins Wait, no it isn't.
16:51 cait yes, really
16:51 jcamins But it's up there.
16:51 cait I filed a bug
16:51 jcamins I believe you. That was more of a rhetorical question.
16:51 cait it's a insanely bad piece of code (in my eyes)
16:52 oleonard Oh boy, second spontaneous firefox crash of the day :P
16:52 cait because ... yeah. strictly against building html code in pm files containing strings
16:52 jcamins Everything about the record editors is insanely bad.
16:52 jcamins I'm strictly against building HTML code in anything other than templates.
16:52 cait dito
16:53 cait the item form thing does it too
16:53 cait and it's throwring warns
16:53 jcamins Oh LCNAF, how useless you are.
16:53 * cait went there to fix them once... but couldn't figure it out
16:54 jcamins Useless, do you hear me? Useless!
16:54 * chris_n blinks
16:55 cait hi chris_n
16:55 chris_n jcamins: I'll be squashing the qotd work down and attaching it to the bug this afternoon
16:55 chris_n heya cait
16:55 chris_n I did a bit more tweaking on the UI yesterday
16:55 chris_n did I mention I dislike UI work? ;-)
16:55 jcamins chris_n: I'll try and take a look later this afternoon.
17:01 oleonard $seeheading.= "<br />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<i>used for/see from:</i> ".$field->as_string();
17:01 oleonard There it is.
17:02 jcamins Ummm...
17:02 jcamins Oh god my eyes my eyes
17:02 jcamins :)
17:02 jcamins Is there no way to stick that in the template?
17:04 oleonard Wow, and that's really old code too (relatively speaking)
17:04 chris_n ich
17:04 talljoy joined #koha
17:06 oleonard Pre-2006 at least
17:13 cait oleonard: it's evil
17:14 cait eeeevil
17:14 cait perhaps before you spent time on fixing the autocomplete... we should fix it
17:14 cait or someone fixes it .. and will break autocomplete again
17:16 * cait is only trying to get someone to fix it... *confessing*
17:18 jcamins :O
17:20 jcamins (that was shock that you'd do such a thing)
17:20 cait heh
17:21 cait it's on my list of things I want to look at.... but the list is long
17:21 cait so I wouldn't mind at all if someone else took care of it
17:21 cait there is also a nice bug filed for it already
17:21 jcamins \o/
17:22 cait bug 7943
17:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7943 normal, P5 - low, ---, frederic, NEW , Untranslatable strings in OPAC's authority search
17:22 cait there is also the problem
17:22 cait that all authorities show up as default
17:22 cait in staff detail view and in opac auth result list at least
17:22 cait maybe in more places
17:23 cait brb restart :)
17:23 jcamins Looking at the code, that's actually intentional, but I don't think it should be.
17:31 cait joined #koha
17:31 cait re
17:32 jcamins mi
17:36 cait mi?
17:36 jcamins I thought we were singing.
17:36 cait :)
18:03 adnc joined #koha
18:04 jcamins Have I mentioned recently how far behind LCNAF lags the rest of the world? The name authority file of Spain is a joy to behold.
18:10 oleonard jcamins: You can think of LCNAF as being like our schools, or our health care system. We make them just okay, but not too good because after that: socialism.
18:11 jcamins oleonard: lol
18:11 jcamins Thanks.
18:11 jcamins That clarifies a lot.
18:19 wizzyrea lol wow.
18:19 libsysguy i like that explanation
18:27 * oleonard thinks he has the authorities autocomplete working correctly with jQueryUI now.
18:27 jcamins Woohoo!
18:27 jcamins oleonard++
18:27 oleonard One more instance in cataloguing\value_builder\​ :|
18:32 oleonard This is a very odd script:[…]1b66f7128;hb=HEAD
18:32 jcamins oleonard: it is.
18:32 oleonard Why design a script to which you can pass a table for queries and then make it die if you pass the wrong table?
18:33 jcamins oleonard: I fear to speculate.
18:39 cait the name is weird too?
18:40 oleonard ?
18:40 cait ysearch
18:40 cait what is the y?
18:40 jcamins Yahoo.
18:40 cait oh
18:40 oleonard The first autocomplete script was called "ysearch" and each one after that has been named the same thing.
18:41 cait ok
18:41 cait hm
18:41 oleonard I wonder why this doesn't work: http://localhost:8888/cgi-bin/[…]emtype&query=CIRC
18:41 mveron joined #koha
18:41 oleonard Looking at the script it seems like it ought to
18:45 jcamins oleonard: that is odd.
18:45 wizzyrea ! the new UI only works in en I guesS?
18:45 wizzyrea guess?
18:45 wizzyrea or is that part of your work getting them out of translated paths
18:45 oleonard Hunh?
18:45 wizzyrea nm, I answered my own questions.
18:46 jcamins wizzyrea: you need to rebuild your translations.
18:46 wizzyrea right, I follow now
18:46 * wizzyrea was accidentally in "en-nz"
18:46 wizzyrea "oops I tripped and landed in NZ"
18:46 * wizzyrea wishes
18:46 oleonard Oh no, Nutella isn't healthy?![…]ps-health-claims/
18:46 wizzyrea damn, it's not working
18:46 wizzyrea not healthy, tasty tho.
18:47 * oleonard knew Nutella wasn't healthy from the amount of shame he feels when spooning it from the jar into his mouth
18:48 chris_n don't tell my kids!
18:48 * wizzyrea laughs at you all
18:49 * oleonard doesn't suppose anyone has a UNIMARC demo lying around
18:49 wizzyrea biblibre does
18:49 wizzyrea I think it's running master, not sure tho
18:49 wizzyrea well
18:49 wizzyrea and the sandboxes
18:49 wahanui the sandboxes are
18:49 wizzyrea oleonard: use the sandboxes :P
18:50 wizzyrea (do try not to eat the sand though)
18:50 jcamins oleonard: lol
18:50 * wizzyrea had a "only when you have kids" statement to add to the file
18:51 wizzyrea "Don't put the silly putty in your underwear"
18:51 jcamins You know what would be nifty?
18:51 wizzyrea put it in your pocket!
18:51 * wizzyrea is afraid it has to do with silly putty and underwear
18:51 ago43 joined #koha
18:51 * wizzyrea is thusly afraid to ask
18:51 jcamins lol, no.
18:51 jcamins A bit of jQuery to insert a Google (or other) map of locations described in a record.
18:51 wizzyrea ok what would be nifty
18:52 wizzyrea yes, that would be nifty
18:52 jcamins If only the 751 had a unique class.
18:52 jcamins After I've finished making sure that I have 751s in all my records, maybe I'll do that.
18:55 chris_n ok, squashing time
18:57 wizzyrea well, here, if nutella is too bad for you, make it yourself: http://www.allthelivelongday.c[…]elnut-spread.html
18:58 * oleonard isn't sure where he would find 200g of hazelnuts around here
18:58 wizzyrea I think we have them here in the bulk bin at the natural grocery
18:58 wizzyrea but i'm not totally certain about that
18:59 jcamins oleonard: I'd walk down the street.
18:59 jcamins To the store.
18:59 oleonard :P
18:59 * wizzyrea thought jcamins was going to say "and pick them up off of the sidewalk"
19:00 jcamins Heh.
19:00 jcamins No, though sometimes they do pour nuts on the sidewalk by accident.
19:00 wizzyrea not those kind of nuts.
19:02 wizzyrea *crickets*
19:09 jcamins Wait...
19:09 jcamins 751 doesn't even show up?
19:09 * jcamins had not noticed this before.
19:10 * oleonard confirms that this works:[…]=itemtype&query=d
19:10 jcamins Okay, there is only one thing for it.
19:10 jcamins We are embedding the MARCXML in the OPAC.
19:10 jcamins And by "we" I mean "me."
19:10 jcamins And by "embedding" I mean "providing an option to."
19:11 jcamins Is no one else offended by this?
19:11 jcamins (the absence of 751)
19:11 * oleonard is not smart enough to be offended
19:12 jcamins Sure you are.
19:12 jcamins It's easy.
19:12 jcamins Just repeat after me:
19:12 jcamins "Argh!"
19:12 jcamins Do it a few times and you'll feel nice and offended.
19:12 sekjal joined #koha
19:13 jcamins How does one embed MARCXML into a web page?
19:18 wizzyrea sekjal - bug 7998 plox and thank you
19:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7998 minor, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, Signed Off , 3.8 UI cleanup, tweaks to new styles
19:18 jcamins You're kidding me... XHTML doesn't really do namespaces?
19:18 * wizzyrea puts him to work
19:19 sekjal wizzyrea:  on it
19:19 wizzyrea sekjal++
19:20 jcamins Okay, fine, we'll slurp the data using
19:20 wizzyrea oh speaking of slurping.
19:20 * wizzyrea has to do an export
19:20 * jcamins mutters angrily about totally missing the point of XML.
19:21 jcamins Also, hi sekjal!
19:21 sekjal hi, jcamins
19:21 chris_n what language is git bz speaking when it borks thusly: Not an ancestor of HEAD, can't add bug URL to it
19:22 jcamins chris_n: no idea.
19:22 jcamins never seen anything like that.
19:22 chris_n so much for the easy route :-P
19:22 * oleonard is anxious to submit this patch but keeps finding rough edges
19:22 oleonard impatient!
19:24 sekjal wizzyrea:  done
19:24 jcamins Does anyone know where to find the code for the nifty collection analytics that the highschool students at Catalyst's open source academy did?
19:24 * sekjal 's brain is mush today
19:25 jcamins Dark chocolate whole wheat zucchini brownies.
19:25 jcamins :)
19:26 wizzyrea <3 thanks sekjal
19:26 * chris_n spams patches@
19:26 wizzyrea chris_n: did you not include the bug number?
19:27 wizzyrea git bz attach xxxx HEAD
19:27 chris_n no, the bug # is there
19:27 wizzyrea hm
19:27 jcamins Fwoomp!
19:27 chris_n but I did forget to put it in the patches to the list... arghhh
19:27 chris_n that stinks
19:27 chris_n only for the recipients, of course...
19:32 * chris_n looks for sign-offs on bug 7977 now
19:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7977 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, cnighswonger, Needs Signoff , Add a "Quote-of-the-day" feature to the OPAC homepage
19:33 chris_n :-)
19:39 rangi @wunder nzwn
19:39 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 15.0°C (7:00 AM NZST on April 28, 2012). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 77%. Dew Point: 11.0°C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Rising).
19:39 oleonard Happy Saturday rangi
19:40 rangi It's pouring here
19:40 jcamins rangi: oh, I'm glad you're here.
19:40 jcamins Did the open source academy students put their code for the collection analytics somewhere?
19:41 rangi It was all jQuery and reports
19:41 jcamins I'm interested in the jQuery. :)
19:41 rangi But it needs the reports webservices to be pushed
19:42 jcamins Wasn't that already pushed?
19:42 rangi Which stalled for some dumb reason
19:42 rangi Nope
19:42 * cait hmpfs
19:42 jcamins Hmph.
19:42 sekjal rangi: did I derail that in QA?
19:42 sekjal I don't recall
19:43 cait the discussion aorund: we don#t need a system preference for memcache derailed it I think
19:43 cait while I still would like that a lot
19:43 rangi Nope it depends on koha::cache which got blocked by ppl shifting the config of memcache into env variables
19:44 jcamins Ah.
19:44 rangi Which kinda sux for multiple sites
19:44 jcamins This explains why Koha::Cache vanished.
19:44 cait or everyone not having access to the env variables...
19:44 * sekjal reads the report...
19:44 rangi Yep
19:44 sekjal helps when you actually read things
19:45 jcamins Right, so in order for this to work, the patch for Koha::Cache needs to check the environment variable?
19:45 rangi Yep
19:45 jcamins And then...
19:45 rangi Well koha::cache::memcached anyway
19:46 mbalmer joined #koha
19:46 rangi I want to write koha::cache::reddis too
19:46 mbalmer Koha zum Gruss!
19:46 rangi And even filecache
19:47 jcamins So the requisite steps are:
19:47 jcamins 1) Rebase.
19:47 jcamins 2) Have Koha::Cache::Memcached check the environment variable.
19:47 jcamins 3) ?
19:47 mbalmer mveron, ayt?
19:48 rangi Remove the syspref
19:48 cait *sigh*
19:48 mveron mbalmer: Yes, I am
19:48 jcamins Okay, is there a step 4?
19:48 rangi So hosted clients have to pay their vendor
19:49 rangi Thats the bit I hate
19:49 mbalmer mveron, I think I will mail a description of the printing thingie to devel@ tomorrow
19:49 mveron mbalmer: OK
19:50 chris_n rangi: so is there any real advantage to having this in envvars?
19:50 cait I think the reasoning was to cache the conf file
19:50 rangi Caching the config file
19:51 cait could we make other things depend on the syspref maybe?
19:51 cait so only caching the conf file would dpeend on the vars?
19:51 cait ok... perhaps talking nonsense
19:51 chris_n so its a trade off between ease of configuration and speed, right?
19:51 rangi Under persistance that benefit goes away
19:52 chris_n ahh
19:52 sekjal right now, the conf file is XML, parsed by XML::Simple
19:52 sekjal which sucks
19:52 chris_n will persistance be default with 3.10?
19:52 rangi Since in persistant env you read it only once
19:53 sekjal chris_n: I think that's a goal
19:53 chris_n so are we not better off to skip the envvar foo and make it a syspref?
19:53 jcamins I think I need to ground my chair.
19:54 * chris_n hands jcamins his electrician's gloves
19:55 jcamins Or I could just wear electrician gloves for typing.
19:57 jcamins mveron: don't mark a bug as fixed until the code fixing it is in master.
19:57 jcamins Mark it either a duplicate, or mark that it depends on the bug that fixes it.
19:59 rangi Hmm we need koha::branches
19:59 rangi Then the new branches plugin would be a lot better
19:59 jcamins What new branches plugin?
20:00 rangi I saw it the other day
20:00 mveron jcamins: OK, done, and thanks for advise, still learning  :-)
20:00 rangi Getbranchname
20:00 jcamins :)
20:00 rangi So u can do it in the template
20:01 rangi Kyle did it
20:01 rangi It's still cool
20:01 jcamins :)
20:01 rangi But would be cool if didn't use c4
20:01 * sekjal would like to get multi-level branch groups working, so consortia can mimic their internal structures
20:02 rangi Yeah that would be cool
20:03 sekjal and wire that to circ rules so rules could be defined at upper levels of the hierarchy, and then 'trickle down' to all children
20:03 rangi My idea is $branch=koha::branch->new($code)
20:03 sekjal or be overridden by branch-specific exceptions
20:03 rangi If no code its an empty object
20:04 rangi If code is valid, you now have accessors to all its values
20:04 rangi Can change one then run
20:05 rangi $branch->update
20:05 JesseM left #koha
20:05 rangi Writing code on my phone sux
20:05 rangi I hope my laptop arrives soon
20:05 jcamins rangi: you're coding on your phone?
20:06 rangi I gave up
20:06 jcamins Understandable.
20:06 wahanui rumour has it Understandable. is why i was running it against a local copy
20:07 jcamins The time has come to map stuff.
20:07 wizzyrea forget understandable
20:07 rangi $branch->parent
20:07 rangi And child
20:07 wizzyrea forget understandable.
20:08 wizzyrea wahanui: forget Understandable.
20:08 wahanui wizzyrea, I didn't have anything matching understandable
20:08 rangi For sekjal
20:08 * wizzyrea gives up
20:08 sekjal rangi:  cool
20:08 jcamins Bah.
20:08 stuartyeates joined #koha
20:09 jcamins Now to use jQuery to retrieve an XML document and locate a particular piece of data in it.
20:11 rangi Hmm can a branch have multiple parents?
20:12 jcamins Wow, jQuery makes handling DOM really easy, doesn't it?
20:12 rangi Yep
20:13 sekjal rangi: depends on the data structure we want to enforce
20:13 sekjal tree v. thesaurus
20:13 rangi Right
20:13 sekjal I lean towards tree
20:13 oleonard Have a good weekend everyone
20:13 * oleonard waves
20:13 rangi *nod*
20:13 cait bye oleonard
20:13 sekjal bye, oleonard
20:13 cait you too
20:13 rangi Cya
20:14 jcamins Now if only I could figure out how to specify that I want a 751 with a subfield 4 with the value pup.
20:14 jcamins Oh, cool.
20:14 jcamins :contains
20:16 cait publication place?
20:17 jcamins Yup.
20:17 jcamins Okay, this is a little tricky.
20:18 jcamins I have here an AJAXy thing.
20:18 jcamins I don't really know how to debug it.
20:25 libsysguy left #koha
20:27 mveron joined #koha
20:33 Culiforge1 joined #koha
20:42 nengard left #koha
20:43 * mveron Playing around with Firefox language settings regarding Bug 3754, has to shut down FF andChatZilla
20:43 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3754 critical, P5 - low, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED , Language detection doesn't take really care of syspref
20:50 cait left #koha
20:55 sekjal okay, time for rest.  have a good weekend, #koha
21:06 edveal Anyone know if there is a way to turn the links off on the Koha self-check system? Apparently a user can click on the title link and it takes them to the opac and then they can log off the self-check system.
21:07 wizzyrea oughta be doable with jquery?
21:09 edveal You would think but can't get jquery to the selfcheck yet.. Someone has a patch to fix that though!  :)
21:17 wizzyrea hehe yea i forgot about that :)
21:17 wizzyrea then you're down to modifying the templates
21:17 wizzyrea in my mind it's fixed :P
21:17 edveal That was my fear... Thanks!
21:18 edveal And it will be fixed!  :)
21:18 jcamins Speaking o fixing things, I look forward to paul_p pushing your fixes.
21:18 jcamins *of
21:18 jcamins Also, does anyone have a teeny tiny icon of a map that's CC licensed?
21:19 wizzyrea i look forward to that too.
21:19 wizzyrea actually I'm not sure if the jquery on selfcheck ever made it through qa
21:19 jcamins Ah, perfect.
21:19 jcamins MP.png
21:20 jcamins :)
21:22 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:24 jcamins Okay...
21:24 jcamins Adding max length to the framework editor?
21:24 jcamins Terrible idea.
21:25 jcamins Now when you add a subfield, you can't change it in the editor and there's no indication why.
21:30 magnuse ouch!
21:30 magnuse g'night #koha!
21:43 mveron joined #koha
21:46 wizzyrea @later tell sekjal bug 7953 ok now?
21:46 huginn wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.
21:49 wizzyrea also anyone who wants to sign off on that is certainly welcome.
21:50 Soupermanito left #koha
21:52 mveron I wondered why I loose Staff client and Opac language selection between browser sessions. Found out, that the Cookie KohaOpacLanguage expires when the browser is closed.
21:52 mveron This behaviour is due to sub setlanguagecookie, whre no expiry date is given (-expires => '')
21:52 mveron Is this by design? If yes, what is the reason for?
21:52 edveal left #koha
21:52 jcamins Success!
21:53 jcamins :D
21:53 jcamins mveron: that seems like a bug.
21:54 mveron jcamins: I supposed so. Will file it.
21:56 jcamins mveron: if it is by design, someone will tell you so and close the bug.
21:57 mveron jcamins: ...or discuss it. If I select a language, I expect to find it back in the next session. The librarians in our group complained about.
21:57 jcamins How do you get mouseover text on an image?
21:57 jcamins mveron: yeah, I'm having a lot of trouble coming up with any explanation that makes that into a feature not a bug.
21:58 jcamins In fact, I feel like that might be a regression of a bug that was fixed before.
21:59 mveron jcamins: I found some bugs related to automatic language detection and one about insecure use of Cookie for language selection
22:00 mveron but I did not have the impression that expiry date is a security issue
22:08 jcamins jquery wiki?
22:08 jcamins jquery?
22:08 wahanui jquery is probably client side, so it doesn't have anything to do with the templating system
22:08 jcamins jquery library?
22:08 wahanui jquery library is found at[…]ki/JQuery_Library
22:14 jcamins Does anyone want to see something cool?
22:14 jcamins[…]map_the_publisher.27s_location
22:16 jcamins ^^ that is cool
22:16 * jcamins adds a slightly less sophisticated map to his demo.
22:17 mveron Cool. Really.
22:18 jcamins Tolja. :)
22:30 mveron Wow
22:35 jcamins I also started organizing the jQuery library somewhat.
22:35 jcamins It was getting unwieldy.
22:35 jcamins @later tell magnuse[…]map_the_publisher.27s_location
22:35 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
22:39 * mveron Has to logout from all browser sessions to test solution for  Bug 8019
22:39 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8019 major, P2, ---, veron, ASSIGNED , Preserve language choice between Browser sessions
22:50 maximep left #koha
23:03 mveron joined #koha
23:04 jcamins mveron: what other useful enhanced content could be added to the OPAC?
23:05 mveron Preserve language choice?  - Bug 8019  ready for signoff :-)
23:05 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8019 major, P2, ---, veron, Needs Signoff , Preserve language choice between Browser sessions
23:06 mveron jcamins: I think there would be some possibilities with lists.
23:07 jcamins How do you mean?
23:08 mveron As far as I see they are displayed in the Drop down list only, would be nice to have a page where thy could be displayed in an organized way.
23:08 jcamins Ah.
23:08 jcamins That's not what I meant.
23:08 jcamins I meant like what I did with the mapping, and linking out to wikipedia.
23:08 mveron Ok, understood, you mean jQuery things?
23:09 jcamins Right.
23:09 * mveron Pondering...
23:10 chris_n jcamins: console.log(foo) is your friend
23:11 mveron Don't get it.... ?
23:11 jcamins chris_n: yeah, I got it working.
23:11 jcamins See my very cool demo. :)
23:12 mveron Ah, mistaked
23:12 chris_n jcamins: where?
23:13 chris_n mveron: sorry, that was directed @ jcamins jQuery :)
23:15 chris_n jcamins: cool
23:16 chris_n maybe zoom in on the address?
23:16 jcamins chris_n: that'd be hard since it's not in the data. ;)
23:17 jcamins Right now I'm working on adding Wikipedia links for authors.
23:17 chris_n very nice work
23:18 jcamins I'm having some issues getting it to cooperate both for names with dates *and* names with... wait, names with dates?
23:18 mveron jcamins: Wikipedia - Good idea!
23:18 * jcamins ponders
23:18 jcamins That makes no sense at all.
23:18 jcamins Does it?
23:19 jcamins No, it doesn't.
23:20 jcamins PG just has invalid records.
23:20 chris_n PG?
23:20 wahanui rumour has it PG is not universally faster (try running Drupal on it, for example.) Also, MySQL wasn't chosen so much as happened due to critical mass
23:20 chris_n lol
23:20 jcamins Project Gutenberg.
23:22 mveron jcamins: Project Gutenberg would be nice as well
23:22 mveron Oh, very late now. Good night everybody!
23:29 jcamins chris_n: any suggestions for additional nifty links I can jQuery into existence?
23:30 chris_n internet archive?
23:30 chris_n google books
23:30 jcamins Ooh, yeah.
23:30 jcamins Actually, no need for jQuery there.
23:30 jcamins I could just use the Search for this title in.
23:30 jcamins Wait, don't we already have that?
23:31 chris_n we have an additional search iirc
23:31 chris_n on the item page
23:31 jcamins We have Google Scholar, not Google Books.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary