IRC log for #koha, 2012-03-20

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 melia left #koha
00:08 sekjal okay, the QAQ is well under control... moving on to the Needs Signoff bugs
00:10 eythian_ joined #koha
00:18 rangi libsysguy_dinner: giving them all nice bug 5549 :
00:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, tdavis, Failed QA , Hourly Loans
00:18 rangi commit messages too
00:18 rangi so that its much easier to debug/check
00:19 rangi all flu jabbed, back into it
00:24 jcamins Hehe.
00:24 jcamins I forgot I used the word "agitas" in a commit message.
00:24 jcamins That was a nice commit message.
00:28 * sekjal is losing steam
00:29 jcamins sekjal: I'll find a nice easy one for you.
00:29 jcamins Bug 7702.
00:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7702 minor, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Test for C4::Heading::MARC21 should only run under MARC21
00:29 eythian_bucklame jcamins: apparently he wants something steamy
00:29 jcamins Bug 7617 isn't too difficult either.
00:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7617 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Needs Signoff , Authority search results should optionally be sorted by system order
00:29 jcamins eythian_bucklame: hmm.
00:30 eythian_bucklame "Add a default XXX item type" or something perhaps
00:30 jcamins lol
00:30 jcamins You could offer your opinion on bug 7065 or bug 4045.
00:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7065 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Needs Signoff , reserves table needs a primary key
00:31 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4045 critical, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , No check for maximum number of allowed holds.
00:31 sekjal jcamins:  I think this will have to be the last.  I'm feeling like I did right before I broke Circulation for day
00:31 jcamins Fair enough.
00:33 eythian_bucklame sekjal: so you're suggesting implementing a random "fall back to paper" mode, to keep people on their toes? :)
00:33 libsysguy im baaaacccckkk :) for a second
00:33 sekjal for 7702:  shouldn't a MARC21 only test only work for MARC21, not just 'not UNIMARC'?
00:33 jcamins eythian_bucklame: ooh, Voyager has that!
00:33 eythian_bucklame haha. So does Liberty apparently.
00:33 sekjal eythian_bucklame:  huh?  which what and the who now?
00:34 jcamins sekjal: possibly. It works properly with NORMARC, so rather than messing with magnuse's domain, I set it to not UNIMARC.
00:34 eythian_bucklame sekjal: break circulation for a day so that librarians don't forget how to do it manually
00:34 sekjal eythian_bucklame:  ah, yes, that...
00:34 sekjal yes
00:34 sekjal that was the plan
00:34 rangi sekjal: ... did you want all the release notes removed? because thats what this patch from libsysguy does
00:35 sekjal rangi:  that doesn't sound like a good thing
00:35 rangi yeah i think ill leave that patch out
00:35 sekjal my interest is in making things be consistent
00:35 sekjal either all the release notes, or none of them
00:35 libsysguy ohh i misunderstood
00:36 * libsysguy will understand sekjal one day :-/
00:36 rangi i think outside the scope of 5549
00:36 rangi jcamins has luckily opened a bug for that already
00:36 rangi so i think ill not touch the release notes at all with 5549
00:36 rangi and that one can fix that
00:36 libsysguy gotcha
00:36 libsysguy so if you're already at that one
00:36 sekjal libsysguy: you're doing awesome... I've been told I'm not the easiest person to communicate with sometimes
00:37 libsysguy you've been trucking
00:37 rangi yeah im nearly done
00:37 libsysguy the curse of the CS degree :p
00:37 jcamins I reported a bug about the missing release notes.
00:37 libsysguy gotcha
00:38 libsysguy ok going to spend some time with the gf
00:38 libsysguy bbl
00:42 Soupermanito joined #koha
00:43 sekjal okay, I'm done for the night.  looking forward to wrapping up 5549, hopefully tomorrow
00:44 jcamins Yay!
00:44 jcamins Have a good night.
00:44 jcamins And enjoy your conference.
00:44 sekjal thanks, you too
00:44 sekjal (for the night, not necessarily the conference)
00:44 sekjal (unless you're attending one)
00:44 sekjal (then I hope it's enjoyable)
00:44 jcamins lol
00:44 jcamins Go to sleep.
00:44 sekjal k
00:44 sekjal night, #koha
00:48 rangi[…]heads/merged_5549
00:48 rangi done
00:48 rangi all apart from the test
01:01 talljoy yo
01:03 rangi yo
01:03 talljoy what's up?
01:03 rangi hourly loans
01:03 wahanui hourly loans are indeed on the horizon, that would help you. Patron records can be kept indefinitely (though probably you'd want to archive them periodically
01:03 talljoy sweet
01:16 Oak joined #koha
01:16 Oak kia ora #koha
01:18 jcamins I heard a rumor that it's your birthday. Is that true?
01:18 ago43 joined #koha
01:19 Oak :) it's on 21st March
01:20 jcamins So tomorrow.
01:20 Oak yes.
01:22 rangi who wants an easy signoff?
01:23 rangi bug 7408
01:23 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Needs Signoff , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
01:23 Oak I'll do it. But will do it after 5-6 hours. if someone does it before then... okay.
01:26 Oak i mean i'll talk to cait first, she'll know if should do it or not. someone does it before me, no problem.
01:28 rangi its just a typo fix
01:29 rangi hmm we need some sample items in the sample data
01:30 Oak in any case... still, at least after an hour from now. electricity is about to go out here.
01:46 Judit hi
01:46 Judit i have something weird here, and couldnt find it in bugzilla
01:47 Judit the help pages on the staff client
01:47 Judit Template process failed: file error - /home/koha/kohaclone/koha-tmpl/intr​anet-tmpl/prog/en/modules/help/.tt: not found at /home/koha/kohaclone/C4/ line 126.
01:47 Judit same happens here:
01:47 rangi all pages or just the
01:47 rangi yeah its because that page doesnt have a proper name
01:48 Judit main
01:48 rangi click on somethign then go back
01:48 rangi and it will now work
01:48 rangi there is a bug for it
01:48 rangi cant remember what it is
01:48 Judit aha
01:48 Judit works now
01:48 Judit thanks
01:48 Judit so we have a bug for it
01:48 Judit okay then
01:48 rangi its only when you dont have a page
01:48 rangi ie you are at
01:48 rangi not
01:49 rangi http://intranet.bywatersolutio[…]/koha/
01:49 Judit i see
01:49 rangi so it doesnt know which help file to show
01:49 Judit fair enough
02:20 Judit1 joined #koha
02:55 Judit joined #koha
03:05 Judit joined #koha
03:11 Judit1 joined #koha
03:23 Judit joined #koha
04:11 hdl joined #koha
04:12 wajasu joined #koha
04:16 stuartyeates joined #koha
04:30 hdl joined #koha
05:15 hdl @later tell dpavlin some nice reading to go further into PSGI integration into Koha[…]orks-to-psgi.html
05:15 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:15 hdl @later tell lducos some nice reading to go further into PSGI integration into Koha[…]orks-to-psgi.html
05:15 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:15 hdl @later tell lds some nice reading to go further into PSGI integration into Koha[…]orks-to-psgi.html
05:15 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:16 hdl @later tell dpavlin other reading :[…]ce-td7340344.html
05:16 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:16 hdl @later tell lducos other reading :[…]ce-td7340344.html
05:16 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:16 hdl @later tell lds other reading :[…]ce-td7340344.html
05:16 huginn hdl: The operation succeeded.
05:26 rangi Evening
05:26 rangi Hackfest going well hdl?
06:09 cait joined #koha
06:40 rangi hmm
06:46 rangi just had to block another couple of ip from download
06:49 mtj oh really ... ?  :/
06:49 rangi i think most likely badly configured software
06:49 mtj someone ddos-ing the Koha git server?
06:49 rangi naw, you cant do a ddos with 1 ip :)
06:50 rangi and its the bugs/download server
06:50 rangi its most likely just someones download tool being retarded
06:50 mtj heh s/ddos/dos/ :)
06:50 rangi downloading almost all of a file,
06:50 rangi then starting again
06:51 rangi no load on the server, but if i 403 it, they might notice and fix it :)
07:04 cait @wunder marseille
07:04 huginn cait: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 4.0°C (7:30 AM CET on March 20, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 81%. Dew Point: 1.0°C. Windchill: 3.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Rising).
07:04 cait hm
07:04 rangi @wunder nzwn
07:04 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0°C (7:00 PM NZDT on March 20, 2012). Conditions: Rain Showers. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0°C. Pressure: 30.15 in 1021 hPa (Steady).
07:08 cait can I come over?
07:10 rangi heh its pretty yuck
07:11 cait yeah, but warmer!
07:11 cait :)
07:30 kmkale joined #koha
07:31 kmkale I am migrating a large Koha installation to newer hardware. Is it safe to truncate the sessions table before taking the backup?
07:32 kmkale This table has grown huge
07:32 rangi yep thats safe to do
07:32 kmkale thanks rangi :)
07:32 rangi there is a cron job you might like to set up on th enew hardware
07:33 kmkale the database cleanup one?
07:34 rangi yep
07:34 rangi 16 1 * * * $KOHA_CRON_PATH/ --sessions --zebraqueue 10
07:35 rangi also
07:35 rangi you can use memcached for sessions
07:35 rangi tis much faster, and you dont have those issues anymore :)
07:35 rangi there is a syspref for it
07:35 reiveune joined #koha
07:35 reiveune hello
07:35 wahanui salut, reiveune
07:36 kmkale Thanks rangi
07:39 magnuse kia ora #koha
07:44 kmkale Namaste magnuse :)
07:44 magnuse namaskar kmkale
07:44 kmkale got to run. BBL
07:45 magnuse yay!
07:47 rangi i actually left a comment on there its still waiting moderation :)
07:47 magnuse me too
07:47 rangi :)
07:47 magnuse bet it's the same comment, more or less :-)
07:48 laurence joined #koha
07:48 rangi that its typical of companies that have stopped innovating to use FUD
07:48 rangi that was the gist of mine
07:49 magnuse ah, ok, mine was there's plenty of support companies to choose from if ever you need one
07:49 magnuse guess we had two different angles then :-)
07:49 rangi :)
07:49 rangi complementary
07:50 julian_m joined #koha
07:50 magnuse yup
07:50 magnuse ah france is waking up
07:50 magnuse @wunder marseille
07:50 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Marseille, France is 7.0°C (8:30 AM CET on March 20, 2012). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 3.0°C. Windchill: 6.0°C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030 hPa (Steady).
07:51 magnuse ooh, nice temperature for for sitting in a room full of glowing computers
07:51 rangi heh
07:52 alex_a bonjour #koha
07:52 magnuse bonjour alex_a
07:53 alex_a there's no more magnuse's chocolate at biblibre this morning
07:54 magnuse awww...
07:55 reiveune left #koha
07:56 magnuse i better bring more next year...
07:57 mbalmer joined #koha
07:58 mbalmer bonjour
07:59 wizzyrea joined #koha
07:59 eythian joined #koha
07:59 cjh_ joined #koha
07:59 janPasi joined #koha
07:59 Callender joined #koha
07:59 magnuse joined #koha
08:02 eythian_bucklame joined #koha
08:03 oleonard joined #koha
08:03 magnuse hiya eythian_bucklame and oleonard
08:03 eythian_bucklame hi
08:04 oleonard Late hour for you eythian_bucklame ?
08:04 rangi hi oleonard and eythian_bucklame
08:04 * oleonard isn't used to calculating your time from France :)
08:04 eythian_bucklame not terribly late, 9pm. Just sitting playing games on my laptop.
08:04 magnuse bucklame - the city that never sleeps...
08:07 Joubu joined #koha
08:07 Joubu hello
08:08 rangi hi Joubu
08:08 magnuse hiya Joubu
08:08 asaurat joined #koha
08:09 cait joined #koha
08:09 * magnuse waves to cait and asaurat
08:09 rangi hi matts asaurat and cait
08:10 matts hi !
08:10 cait hi magnuse and rangi :)
08:11 asaurat hi !
08:14 clrh hello
08:14 wahanui hi, clrh
08:14 Guillaume joined #koha
08:16 rangi hi Guillaume and clrh
08:17 clrh hello rangi
08:21 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:22 sophie_m joined #koha
08:31 paul_p joined #koha
08:31 rangi heya paul_p
08:32 rangi if you have a sec today, bug 7408
08:32 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Signed Off , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
08:32 rangi there was an error in syspref.sql that breaks new installs
08:34 mbalmer joined #koha
08:37 hdl joined #koha
08:37 clrh just for information if you need it:
08:38 clrh mbalmer: if you talk about pm responsability  and database layer, please ping me, I am interested to participate
08:38 rangi pm responsibility?
08:40 mbalmer clrh, we started.
08:40 mbalmer we are in the small box on the left side
08:41 hdl #!/bin/bash
08:41 hdl SCRIPT_URI=https://catalogue.univ-lyon3.f[…]koha/ PERL5LIB=/home/kohaadmin/src KOHA_CONF=/home/kohaadmin/etc/koha-conf.xml starman --workers 6 --port 5000 --pid /home/kohaadmin/var/run/ /home/kohaadmin/prod.psgi 2>/home/kohaadmin/var/log/starman.err >/home/kohaadmin/var/log/starman.log &
08:42 hdl SCRIPT_URI=https://catalogue.univ-lyon3.f[…]koha/ PERL5LIB=/home/kohaadmin/src KOHA_CONF=/home/kohaadmin/etc/koha-conf.xml starman -M FindBin --workers 6 --port 5000 --pid /home/kohaadmin/var/run/ /home/kohaadmin/prod.psgi 2>/home/kohaadmin/var/log/starman.err >/home/kohaadmin/var/log/starman.log &
08:42 reiveune joined #koha
08:48 alex_a joined #koha
09:03 mib_4x3ypp joined #koha
09:16 francharb joined #koha
09:20 oleonard I'm not used to talking out loud about Koha more than I type about Koha here
09:21 cait :)
09:25 mbalmer
09:26 * paul_p now head to pushing patches...
09:26 cait paul_p: :)
09:26 paul_p starting with 7724, that should fix jenkns, hopefully
09:27 magnuse bug 7724
09:27 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7724 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Passed QA , Tests requiring Zebra should be skipped if Zebra isn't set up
09:28 laurence joined #koha
09:50 rangi[…]r-i-p-the-kardex/
09:56 * rangi goes to sleep
09:56 cait good  night :)
10:02 hdl[…]bug/Devel/
10:15 mveron joined #koha
10:15 mveron Bonjour #koha
10:16 magnuse hiya mveron
10:16 * mveron Hopes that mbalmer had a good flight an tht he got some Moules mrainières yesterday
10:16 paul_p bonjour mveron. mbalmer arrived here, with some swiss chocolates :D
10:16 paul_p dunno about moules marinières ;-)
10:17 mveron dunno?
10:18 mveron I'm learning git... Checked out Bug 7733, applied, tested, dates are displayed correctly.  Next step?
10:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7733 major, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , HidePatronName not working on moredetail
10:19 mveron sorry, mistaked, bug 7737, should put my glasses...
10:19 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7737 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Needs Signoff , Use of date filters on bookseller pages
10:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7724: Skip Linker test if Zebra isn't set up <[…]53ddf300c9a64c2a0>
10:25 paul_p magnuse pushing bug 7696 now ;-)
10:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7696 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Passed QA , NORMARC lacks staff results XSLT
10:28 magnuse thanks paul_p!
10:28 magnuse mveron: see[…]gn_off_on_patches
10:32 jenkins_koha Starting build #662 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #644 12 j ago)
10:46 julian_m joined #koha
10:49 vfernandes joined #koha
10:49 vfernandes hi guys
10:49 mveron Thanks, magnuse. I followed the steps in[…]_bz_configuration.
10:49 mveron Hope that it is OK like this?
10:51 cait mveron++ :)
10:51 cait it looks good to me
10:51 vfernandes today I was doing another installation of Koha to another client and I having some encoding problems
10:51 cait ah no
10:51 cait the sign-off line is missing
10:51 vfernandes on the opac-MARCDetail
10:51 cait mveron: still around?
10:51 mveron yes
10:51 cait ok
10:52 cait I think oyu might have skipped a step or 2
10:52 vfernandes i'm having also problems on cataloguing pages
10:52 cait we could try to figure it out together?
10:52 vfernandes anyone had already this problem?
10:52 cait vfernandes: pehaps it#s aproblem with your mysql configuration?
10:53 vfernandes the encoding of mysql is utf8
10:53 mveron Cait: Can we figure it out in the afternoon? - Should run away for a meeting..
10:53 vfernandes the data on the tables are correct
10:53 cait of course
10:54 cait mveron: just jump in here
10:54 mveron Thanks. Till later...
10:54 cait we might be away for lunch or something, but I am sure someone will be here
10:54 vfernandes cait: the same database in another Koha installation as no encoding problems
10:55 cait I am not sure
10:55 cait there  are some hints about encoding on the wiki
10:55 cait perhaps you might want to go and look there
10:58 mtj vfernandes:  ... or use debian?
10:58 vfernandes ok... i've changed the mysql configuration to a large database but the encoding stills utf8... can this change cause the encoding problem?
10:58 cait utf8 is correct
10:59 vfernandes mtj i'm using opensuse
11:01 vfernandes[…]iblionumber=84701
11:02 mtj vfernandes: load your database into a debian koha... does your encoding problem still exist?
11:04 vfernandes I have another installation of Koha on Ubuntu Server where the database is the same but the encoding problem doesn't exist
11:04 cait what is your Locale?
11:06 cait[…]cter_Sets_in_Koha
11:09 vfernandes LANG=pt_PT.UTF-8
11:12 jcamins_away 57 unread messages on the Koha lists.
11:13 mbalmer amazaing.  PostgreSQL layer proof of concept works, including unit tests
11:13 francharb 0/ #koha
11:13 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
11:13 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #662: FIXED in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/662/
11:13 jenkins_koha jcamins: Bug 7724: Skip Linker test if Zebra isn't set up
11:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7724 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Tests requiring Zebra should be skipped if Zebra isn't set up
11:13 chris_n` joined #koha
11:14 vfernandes the database is fine because it's working in another enviromment
11:14 jcamins_away :D No more e-mails from jenkins!
11:15 vfernandes could be tmpl or encodings? sometimes SVN changes the encoding
11:16 cait yay!
11:16 cait jcamins++
11:25 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7719 - Change state of controls based on whether boxes are checked <[…]48bf402482136a367> / Bug 6440: Implement OAI-PMH Sets <[…]1abd47980bfef7059> / Bug 7696 - NORMARC lacks staff results XSLT <[…]a.git;a=commitdif
11:25 vfernandes i don't know what to do more :/
11:28 vfernandes more information
11:28 vfernandes charset: utf8
11:28 vfernandes charset: us-ascii
11:31 jenkins_koha Starting build #663 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
11:32 vfernandes i'm driving crazy :/
11:33 Judit joined #koha
11:43 nengard joined #koha
11:48 oleonard Cheese for lunch!
11:48 magnuse woot!
11:48 magnuse and probably french cheese at that? :-)
11:48 oleonard Time to be jealous, everyone!
11:48 magnuse you bet!
12:07 ago43 joined #koha
12:13 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #663: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/663/
12:13 jenkins_koha * kyle: Bug 7526 - leaves items marked as lost as still checked out to patron
12:13 jenkins_koha * magnus: Bug 7696 - NORMARC lacks staff results XSLT
12:13 jenkins_koha * julian.maurice: Bug 6440: Implement OAI-PMH Sets
12:13 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7719 - Change state of controls based on whether boxes are checked
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle.m.hall, Pushed to Master , leaves items marked as lost as still checked out to patron
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7696 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, magnus, Pushed to Master , NORMARC lacks staff results XSLT
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6440 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Pushed to Master , Koha's OAI-PMH does not support sets
12:13 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7719 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Pushed to Master , Change state of controls based on whether boxes are checked
12:15 Oak joined #koha
12:18 mtj vfernandes: why not use ubuntu/debian, and not opensuse... problem solved?
12:18 Oak kia ora #koha
12:18 Oak hello cait :)
12:19 Oak me go now
12:21 NateC joined #koha
12:23 talljoy joined #koha
12:31 matts_ joined #koha
12:32 sekjal joined #koha
12:32 sekjal morning, #koha
12:33 mbalmer a bit of docs on the PostgreSQL stuff Stephan and I worked on this morning:
12:34 edveal joined #koha
12:36 asaurat death by cheese
12:38 magnuse asaurat: sounds like lovely way to go :-)
12:38 asaurat indeed :D
12:38 magnuse @later tell wizzyrea
12:38 huginn magnuse: The operation succeeded.
12:39 sekjal paul_p: I'm going to finish testing the improvements to Hourly Loans today
12:40 sekjal I think rangi and libsysguy addressed everything I had found problematic
12:40 paul_p hi sekjal. 3 librarians are playing with it this afternoon at the hackfest (on sandbox 6)
12:40 sekjal paul_p:  great!
12:40 sekjal the more librarians, the better.  they may find hidden strangeness I wouldn't otherwise find
12:42 * cait waves :)
12:43 sekjal hi, cait!
12:43 * sekjal is in his all-day Usability workshop, waiting for it to all begin
12:47 ago43 joined #koha
12:48 hdl[…]c2pIa25IQ1E#gid=0
12:49 hdl
13:02 slef hdl: you like estate agents?
13:04 sekjal workshop is starting...
13:05 edveal Anyone know how to go about changing the text in the class "dialog alert" for when a patrons card is about to expire?
13:05 hdl slef: just asked on #plack for a site using plack
13:07 oleonard edveal, OPAC or intranet?
13:07 edveal oleonard OPAC?
13:08 jcamins_away I want to buy some cheese!
13:08 * jcamins_away stops channelling Monty Python, and gets ready to go.
13:08 oleonard edveal, I don't see an easy way to do that. It would be a nice enhancement to add unique IDs to each error message generated by the template
13:09 edveal That was what I thought.
13:09 oleonard Pending that you'd have to do a brute-force search for div.alert > span [starts with="your card..."] (that's just a diagram, not real syntax)
13:10 oleonard It's possible if clumsy.
13:13 edveal Thanks oleonard, I will not be spending a great deal of time on this. Just wanted confirmation that I was right.
13:13 tcohen joined #koha
13:17 alaquerre joined #koha
13:19 alaquerre Good morning #Koha.  Is there any reason why when we do writeoff, the table accountlines dont save the itemnumber  ?  Because of that, it's really hard to read a user account because you dont really know where the writeoff is tie to.
13:20 sekjal alaquerre:  probably no reason, no... the whole Accounts area of Koha has grown very organically
13:21 oleonard sekjal, That's a generous way to put it ;)
13:22 alaquerre :-) okay - Do you see any thing wrong adding this ?  ( Any side effect we need to think of ? )
13:23 sekjal alaquerre:  you'd have a "cut point" in your data... before it doesn't have itemnumber, after it does... this would need to be factored into the reports you run and the expectations your librarians have
13:26 alaquerre sekjal : Well that's a problem we live with right now, so for sure we will be only looking forward.  The people really hate this section and is asking for lot's of change.  They would like to have "real" user account management tools.  Ok, I'll look here on what we can do and share it to the community after that. Thanks.
13:26 sekjal alaquerre:  any reworking you do, I'd recommend keeping the whole module in mind, and sharing any development plans publicly with the rest of Koha
13:29 wizzyrea magnuse: that looks interesting - proprietary though :(
13:29 alaquerre sekjal: Don't worry :-), that's my plan.   I would like to have the smallest delta we can have against the community.
13:29 sekjal alaquerre:  great :)
13:29 alaquerre All right, again thanks for your input and have a good one.
13:31 magnuse wizzyrea: yup :-(
13:33 magnuse alaquerre++
13:33 JesseM joined #koha
13:33 JesseM Morning #koha
13:33 sekjal morning, JesseM
13:34 JesseM Hey sekjal hows the brew coming?
13:34 sekjal bottled, conditioned, and served!
13:34 sekjal had some last weekend
13:34 JesseM very nice
13:34 sekjal turned out pretty good.... a little sweet, light on the carbonation
13:34 sekjal easy drinkin'
13:35 JesseM not too bad for a first run at it
13:35 sekjal yeah, I'm encouraged.  I know what I can do to improve things, so my next run should begin shortly
13:36 * wizzyrea conspires a way to try some of sekjal's beer
13:37 sekjal wizzyrea: I would totally mail you some if it wasn't illegal
13:37 wizzyrea hehe
13:37 wizzyrea guess we'll have to figure a way to get the girl to the brew then.
13:37 sekjal that'd be awesome!
13:38 wizzyrea ^.^
13:38 sekjal next batch is going to be an IPA
13:39 sekjal I think those need to condition longer... probably won't be ready until May/June
13:39 wizzyrea ooh IPA
13:40 maximep joined #koha
13:41 oleonard Ready to bring to KohaCon sekjal :)
13:42 oleonard I have a question about Bug 6209, having just begun some work on it
13:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6209 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Standardize on one javascript library for client-side form validation
13:43 mbalmer who added 'ExpireReservesMaxPickUpDelayCharge' to sysprefs.sql??
13:43 mbalmer line 352..
13:43 wizzyrea git blame?
13:43 wahanui git blame is handy, but it's just one tool in our debugging arsenal
13:44 collsk12 joined #koha
13:44 sekjal mbalmer:  that was bug 7408
13:44 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Signed Off , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
13:44 mbalmer sekjal, at least in .ch we usually terminate sql statements with a ';'… ;P
13:44 oleonard While I'm dealing with markup related to required fields, is it time to add the HTML5 "required" attribute?
13:45 oleonard We've already added the nonstandard "autocomplete" attribute in some places
13:45 wizzyrea what does it give us?
13:46 oleonard For modern browsers it gives browser-enforced validation of required fields (javascript-independent)
13:46 wizzyrea ooo
13:47 wizzyrea downsides?
13:47 wizzyrea (incompatibility with older browsers, for 1, I'm sure)
13:47 oleonard[…]l5_input_required
13:47 oleonard Older browsers won't enforce it, but they won't break either
13:47 wizzyrea I like that.
13:48 * wizzyrea tries it in firefox
13:48 oleonard Since I'm proposing to add some consistent JS validation to the staff client older browsers would be covered by that
13:48 oleonard (and newer browsers with JS enabled)
13:48 * wizzyrea taps her toe while firefox updates
13:48 oleonard I think validator complaints are really the only downside that I know of at this stage
13:49 wizzyrea but it's valid html5, right?
13:49 wizzyrea it's pretty in firefox too
13:50 oleonard valid html5 yes, just not valid according to our doctype
13:50 wizzyrea gotya
13:50 * oleonard ignores all questions about converting the templates to html5
13:50 maximep is it possible yet to style html5 validations to look the same in all browsers ?
13:51 maximep they are so ugly by default :/
13:51 wizzyrea I didn't think they were particularly ugly.
13:51 oleonard maximep, I assume not, but I don't know
13:52 wizzyrea first chrome, 2nd firefox
13:52 wizzyrea
13:53 collsk12 joined #koha
13:54 oleonard wizzyrea: And my Firefox looks different than yours too
13:54 wizzyrea that was the latest one that auto-update gave me
13:54 wizzyrea (plus, mac)
13:55 oleonard Anyway, I think the answer is that since validator complaints are the only downside I should proceed until I find otherwise
13:55 wizzyrea maximep[…]ements141?lang=en
13:55 maximep looks good in chrome... really incredibly ugly in ff
13:55 wizzyrea I actually like it better in firefox - it keeps your eye on the ball
13:56 wizzyrea "hey idiot, this is the one I was complaining about"
13:56 sekjal mbalmer:  the way the sysprefs got added for 7408 was... problematic
13:57 mbalmer_ joined #koha
13:58 * paul_p on bug 7408 follow-up now
13:58 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7408 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Signed Off , Expire holds that have been waiting too long
14:01 clrh mbalmer: you talk me about a poc, did you share it somewhere?
14:01 oleonard wizzyrea, Ubuntu Firefox:
14:01 mtj this is kinda cute ->
14:01 mveron joined #koha
14:02 * mveron Waves to mbalmer
14:02 wizzyrea still not terrible.
14:26 logbot joined #koha
14:26 Topic for #koha is now General IRC Meeting 21 March 18.00 UTC
14:26 gaetan_B wizzyrea: hello :)
14:26 gaetan_B i was discussing patron search with kf just now
14:27 cait mveron: give me 10 mins?
14:27 cait I would like to finish this table
14:27 mveron Of course!
14:29 gaetan_B wizzyrea: my take on it is that we should always use a "contain" search, which would generate some noise but make it easy to find patrons with names like "De Villepin"
14:29 wizzyrea which search are you looking at?
14:29 gaetan_B at the moment a search for "Villepin" wouldn't bring any result
14:29 mtj[…]06/KohaPoster.pdf
14:30 wizzyrea are you talking about the search from Patrons or the patron search from the "check out" box
14:30 wizzyrea they are different
14:30 gaetan_B wizzyrea: it works (like i expect it) in, but not in
14:31 gaetan_B i think it should be consistent and work in the same way in both
14:31 wizzyrea gaetan_B: I would consider what you propose to be a step in the wrong direction.
14:31 wizzyrea i.e. my librarians would scream
14:31 gaetan_B hmmm
14:31 wizzyrea i'm surprised that you find the villepin doesn't work - 2 and 3 part searching has been working
14:31 gaetan_B but how do they manage with patrons with long/composed names ?
14:32 wizzyrea for example, the test patron I make
14:32 wizzyrea is first name "Henry James" surname "acevedo III"
14:32 gaetan_B in my instance i have "Benjamin LA JOIE" a search for "joie" doesn't bring any result
14:32 gaetan_B (in patrons not in circulation)
14:32 wizzyrea and you are using master?
14:33 * wizzyrea has not observed this
14:33 gaetan_B yes i just updated
14:33 wizzyrea I hope no one broke 3 part name searching.
14:33 wizzyrea that would be not-good
14:33 gaetan_B :-/
14:35 wizzyrea sec checking 3.6.0
14:36 wizzyrea our librarians don't like the way it works on the "check out" search
14:36 wizzyrea but it doesn't work for finding the last part of a separated surname
14:37 wahanui joined #koha
14:37 wizzyrea I don't think making it a contains
14:37 wizzyrea is a good idea
14:37 wizzyrea I think we need to fix the real problem
14:37 wizzyrea noise is a real issue when you have lots and lots of patrons
14:37 wizzyrea search *has* to be accurate.
14:37 oleonard Anyone else having problems with Bugzilla?
14:38 wizzyrea yea, I am now
14:38 cait yes it's slow
14:38 cait did you break it?
14:38 wizzyrea but, you see
14:38 wizzyrea wahanui just bounced
14:38 libsysguy seen sekjal
14:38 wizzyrea he's on the same server I think
14:38 wizzyrea so maybe there's something amok with the linode
14:38 wahanui wizzyrea: sorry...
14:38 wahanui sekjal was last seen on #koha 42 minutes and 20 seconds ago, saying: mbalmer:  the way the sysprefs got added for 7408 was... problematic [Tue Mar 20 13:56:26 2012]
14:39 oleonard sekjal is in a meeting I think libsysguy, at CIL
14:39 wizzyrea and wahanui is very slow
14:39 * dpavlin tries to hang myself with sub {} within script which breaks pluck scoping....
14:40 libsysguy gotcha
14:40 * libsysguy will be stalking sekjal for bug 5549
14:41 oleonard huginn, don't hold your breath
14:41 huginn oleonard: I've exhausted my database of quotes
14:41 gaetan_B wizzyrea: i would think we don't need that much precision in check out, since we are scanning patrons barcodes usually, which are unique
14:41 dpavlin paul_p: is correct one as opposed to which is 2 years old?
14:41 paul_p dpavlin nope, ptfs-europe is NOT ptfs
14:41 wizzyrea you'd be amazed at what people find to complain about
14:42 paul_p dpavlin
14:42 oleonard gaetan_B Shouldn't we have consistent search behavior though?
14:42 paul_p grrr... github makes my FF crash
14:42 wizzyrea i agree we should have consistent search behavior
14:42 cait and bugzilla is sleepy
14:42 wizzyrea but changing it to conatins
14:42 gaetan_B wizzyrea: but when looking for someone whose cardnumber we don't have, i assume we might not have accurate information about how the patron has been entered in the database since we don't have his/her card
14:42 cait can't attach my patch
14:43 gaetan_B hence my suggestion ;)
14:43 cait mveron: should we take this into a pm?
14:43 gaetan_B but i agree making it consistent is a bigger priority
14:43 mveron cait: soory, somebody at the door... back in 5 min
14:44 Buster52 joined #koha
14:44 wizzyrea the contains search that is currently in check-out causes complaints here - they don't want the noise
14:45 wizzyrea perhaps
14:45 wizzyrea you could add a checkbox to do a "contains" search
14:45 wizzyrea instead of changing the default behavior
14:45 wizzyrea make it an optional-at-search-time thing
14:45 wizzyrea "advanced search"
14:45 wizzyrea which we've always wanted.
14:45 wizzyrea (in a way that doesn't suck)
14:46 oleonard :D
14:46 sturmtruppen joined #koha
14:47 sturmtruppen good spring #koha!
14:48 wizzyrea hi sturmtruppen
14:48 sturmtruppen hi wizzyrea
14:48 gaetan_B wizzyrea: i don't really have a definitive opinion on this. I brought this up because i received the opposite complaint regarding patron search. Since a problem exists in both ways of searching, we need to add some kind of option
14:48 gaetan_B but as you say
14:48 gaetan_B in a way that doesn't suck ;)
14:48 wizzyrea hehe
14:48 sekjal libsysguy:  working on 5549 currently; slowed by the conference workshop, but I'm on it, and will have a verdict by days end
14:49 wizzyrea yea, make it an optional thing and we'll be good. a "search contains" option would be handy. And fix the other search so it doesn't do that
14:49 gaetan_B also the text above the search field says "Enter patron card number or partial name:"
14:50 * wizzyrea considers
14:50 wizzyrea maybe in this one case, consistency isn't what you want.
14:51 libsysguy thanks sekjal!
14:51 wizzyrea maybe what you want, with the checkout search, is the fastest, dirtiest search you can do
14:51 libsysguy darn conferences :p
14:51 wizzyrea and with the patron search, you want the most refined, exact search you can do
14:51 paul_p dpavlin & hdl =[…]stry-Secrets.html
14:51 paul_p it's exactly what we face I think
14:51 wizzyrea i mean... i feel like I'm talking heresy here.
14:52 jcamins wizzyrea: as long as you don't weigh the same as a duck, you probably won't be burned at the stake.
14:52 hdl joined #koha
14:53 aalhaija joined #koha
14:53 * wizzyrea is not made of wood
14:53 jcamins :)
14:54 aalhaija Dears, i need to know how can i change the database name on koha using debian OS
14:54 aalhaija ?
14:54 aalhaija :-)
14:54 jcamins The first question?
14:54 cait first question?
14:54 cait omg
14:54 wizzyrea wahanui is sleeping.
14:55 jcamins aalhaija: what are you trying to do?
14:55 aalhaija how can i change the Database name
14:55 wizzyrea remember he's on the same server as bugzilla :/
14:55 wahanui the first question is "What are you trying to do?"
14:55 wahanui i heard first question was "What are you trying to do?"
14:55 dpavlin paul_p: it seems that liblime opted to use our instead of my for plack, e.g.[…]9d979aeed214cac87
14:55 wizzyrea there he is.
14:55 oleonard Ah, the exciting shiver in my spine when opening for editing...
14:56 aalhaija i have a demo database runing on the server for koha but i need to new database to publish as real ????
14:57 jcamins aalhaija: I'm not sure renaming the database is really a good idea.
14:57 libsysguy ^^
14:57 aalhaija so  what shall i do
14:57 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #664: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/664/
14:57 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7434: Display of issue number for serials in overdues
14:57 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7086 : "suggested by" fixed for staff members
14:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7086 follow-up: removed warn
14:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: bug 7086 follow-up: removed warn
14:57 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7408 : Fixing a typo that was breaking the installer
14:58 paul_p OK, this time bugzilla is completly down :((((
14:58 jcamins paul_p: that's because you're fixing too many bugs! :P
14:58 paul_p s/fixing/pushing/ ;-)
14:58 jcamins aalhaija: either create a new database, or use the database with the name it currently has.
14:59 gaetan_B wizzyrea: i'll ask our librarians here, i brought this up after receiving a complaint from one library, and i was not really thinking about the otther side of the problem. If my complaint is isolated, i'd say let's jsut standardize it to "start with" search otherwise let's add an option. But i would be for standardizing.
15:00 wizzyrea okies
15:00 aalhaija do i need to do anything after create new database with the same name ?
15:00 jcamins aalhaija: don't create a new database with the same name. Use a different name.
15:01 aalhaija okay , what next this step?
15:01 jcamins aalhaija: I think you need to explain *exactly* what you want to do.
15:01 jenkins_koha Starting build #665 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:01 jcamins Is jenkins on the same server?
15:04 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: welcome gaetan, you're 179th ! <[…]63414d9055cfbbbef> / Bug 7731 - Library should be used instead of branch and site <[…]a96bc5acc90015515>
15:04 aalhaija i installed koha on debian with empty database and everything is working ,,but now i need to restore database hold hundred of records to the server and connect koha to it
15:05 chris_n mtj: interesting
15:06 jcamins chris_n: I was just telling people it would be much easier for you to do your release maintaining if there weren't so many bugs with a "pushed" status. Don't you think that's true?
15:06 jcamins wizzyrea was wondering how to make your job easier. :)
15:07 cait and there are some nice translation bugs waiting for a sign-off...
15:07 jcamins aalhaija: where did the non-empty database come from?
15:07 paul_p jcamins nope, BibLibre host jenkins, someone else host bugzilla
15:07 chris_n jcamins: being able to parse through bugs based on a reliable status might be nice
15:07 wizzyrea bugzilla is on a linode, it's rangi's
15:08 jcamins paul_p: okay. I was going to say you should pause jenkins if it's on the same server.
15:08 aalhaija durring the installation
15:08 oleonard wizzyrea, working now though
15:08 jcamins aalhaija: where did the empty database come from, then?
15:08 * wizzyrea wonders if there was a hand from above touching it
15:09 aalhaija the empty database i mean that come  with the installation
15:09 aalhaija new installation
15:09 jcamins aalhaija: where did the other database come from?
15:10 wizzyrea aalhaija: do you care about what's in the database you currently have?
15:10 aalhaija from old server we have
15:10 aalhaija yes  i need all the records
15:11 wizzyrea ok, so this is the database you are going to production with?
15:11 aalhaija yes
15:11 wizzyrea and you want to change the name because it says koha-test or somesuch?
15:11 aalhaija yes exactly
15:12 wizzyrea ok, here's the deal - the name is pretty much arbitrary. The user never sees it.
15:13 wizzyrea what you probably want to do
15:13 wizzyrea is take a complete dump of the database
15:13 wizzyrea back up koha?
15:13 wahanui rumour has it back up koha is at[…]i/Backing_up_Koha
15:13 wizzyrea ^^
15:13 wizzyrea like this
15:13 collum joined #koha
15:13 wizzyrea create a new database with your required name
15:13 wizzyrea import your backup into that new database
15:14 wizzyrea then edit your koha-conf.xml to reflect the new name
15:14 wizzyrea and you should be set.
15:14 wizzyrea then, you can drop the koha-test db once you feel comfortable that your new db is working as you expect
15:14 aalhaija you means that we will import the records to the new database
15:15 jcamins aalhaija: how did you install Koha? Did you use packages?
15:15 aalhaija yes
15:15 wizzyrea then you should use the package tools.
15:15 wizzyrea packages?
15:15 wahanui package info is at[…]on_Debian_Squeeze
15:15 wizzyrea package commands?
15:15 jcamins This makes it very easy.
15:15 wizzyrea package tools?
15:15 * wizzyrea will add that
15:16 wizzyrea package tools can be found at[…]e_Debian_packages
15:16 jcamins koha-create almiktabah
15:16 wizzyrea package tools is <reply>  package tools can be found at[…]e_Debian_packages
15:17 aalhaija very nice
15:17 jcamins Then you need to restore from the dump into that database.
15:17 wizzyrea what about koha-restore
15:17 jcamins Also, I don't recommend really using almiktabah as the name.
15:17 jcamins aalhaija: did you use the packages on your old server, too?
15:18 aalhaija no actully
15:18 jcamins wizzyrea: you can't use koha-restore with a raw database dump.
15:19 wizzyrea right - my understanding was that this data came from an old server, and was imported into a package install
15:19 wizzyrea so he could do koha-run-backups then koha-restore
15:19 wizzyrea but that could be wrong.
15:19 jcamins wizzyrea: it hasn't made it into the package install yet, I think.
15:19 wizzyrea ah then it's moot
15:20 aalhaija i new with koha administration and new in linux
15:20 aalhaija i am trying from 3 days to resotre the database was on old server to the new server
15:21 aalhaija koha as web is working but no data retrive when we try to search for any title
15:21 jcamins search faq?
15:21 wahanui it has been said that search faq is at[…]on/faq/searching/
15:21 jcamins ^^ you might want to read that.
15:22 wizzyrea specifically[…]ch-stuff-up-help/
15:23 alex_a dpavlin:[…]ack/App/
15:23 aalhaija many thanks
15:24 aalhaija many thanks
15:33 mtj jcamins:  i guess liblime assume (correctly?) that most people see the LLK github repo, and assume that its LLEK too :/
15:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #665: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/665/
15:42 jenkins_koha * gaetan.boisson: Bug 7731 - Library should be used instead of branch and site
15:42 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: welcome gaetan, you're 179th !
15:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7731 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, frederic, Pushed to Master , Library should be used instead of branch and site
15:47 paul_p_ joined #koha
15:47 magnuse woohoo for gaetan_B!
15:48 gaetan_B :-)
15:48 jcamins gaetan_B: congratulations!
15:49 jcamins paul_p_: do you think we'll have reached 200 before KohaCon?
15:49 paul_p_ jcamins I don't think so. 22 new commiters is really big !
15:49 wizzyrea we've put on... how many already this year?
15:49 paul_p_ gaetan_B++ (also because it's a huge patch)
15:49 jcamins paul_p_: then maybe Shari will be able to be a 1xx committer. :)
15:51 sturmtruppen a little question...
15:51 magnuse furst new committer in 2012 was number 168
15:52 sturmtruppen i have all the UNIMARC data in a txt file
15:52 wizzyrea so 11
15:52 sturmtruppen how can i import in koha automatically?
15:52 wizzyrea 20 might be a stretch.
15:53 magnuse i have a small hope of doing a "hacking koha" workshop before the summer, where everyone gets to do a new framework for normarc as an exercise - but that might not happen...
15:53 magnuse would maybe be ~5 people
15:53 paul_p ok, i'm paul_p ;-)
15:53 cait ok
15:53 magnuse nice to meet you, paul_p :-)
15:54 cait who wants a colorful shiny staff interface?
15:54 paul_p cait me me !!! some chocolate if you submit one before the end of the week !
15:54 libsysguy me me cait
15:54 sturmtruppen me me too!
15:54 * libsysguy likes the shiny things
15:55 cait lol
15:55 libsysguy btw bug 5339 is looking good
15:55 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5339 enhancement, P3, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Parcel closing in acq
15:55 cait first steps... 7760
15:55 cait oh
15:55 melia joined #koha
15:55 paul_p hi melia !
15:55 sekjal cait:  I've had librarians complain about how stark and bright the staff client is with it's default CSS
15:55 melia good morning
15:55 cait[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7760
15:55 huginn Bug 7760: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton
15:55 reiveune mbalmer: ping
15:55 cait we have a bug going
15:55 cait to add a unique id and a class for the module to every page
15:55 libsysguy yeah bug 7760 would be crucial
15:56 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7760 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, katrin.fischer, Needs Signoff , Add ids and classes to every staff page to help with customizaton
15:56 jcamins sturmtruppen: what do you mean, import in Koha automatically?
15:56 cait ok
15:56 cait so I need sign-offers!
15:57 sekjal further incentive:  template-based patches are easy to QA once signed off
15:57 sturmtruppen import in the database of koha
15:57 wizzyrea yes, I would like to make the administration pages red, the circ pages a soothing blue...
15:57 cait and I am going to tackle the authority module next
15:57 luisb joined #koha
15:57 magnuse cait++
15:58 libsysguy cait++
15:58 sturmtruppen jcamins: import in the database of koha
15:58 cait really easy to do
15:58 cait but it would be cool if it could go in fast
15:58 jcamins sturmtruppen: what do you mean, import automatically?
15:58 sturmtruppen by a script, without click "save" every book
15:59 sturmtruppen *books
15:59 libsysguy bug 5339 is also looking for a second sign off :)
15:59 jcamins sturmtruppen: ah, there is no functionality for that.
16:00 mbalmer 17:00.  enough is enough ;)
16:00 rangi fyi it was some bots a tweetmemebot, and a couple of others
16:00 rangi - - [20/Mar/2012:14:30:13 +0000] "GET /bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7300 HTTP/1.1" 200 35416 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; TweetmemeBot/2.11; +"
16:00 rangi - - [20/Mar/2012:14:30:14 +0000] "HEAD /bugzilla3/show_bug.cgi?id=7300 HTTP/1.1" 200 295 "-" "UnwindFetchor/1.0 (+"
16:00 sturmtruppen jcamins: i think it is possible, i have only to figure out how...
16:01 rangi just eating up all available connections
16:01 rangi going back to sleep now
16:01 wizzyrea thanks rangi
16:01 jcamins sturmtruppen: you can write your own script, but there is no feature to do that in Koha.
16:02 sturmtruppen jcamins: i know that, i would know i someone has already done that or where i can found the scheme for a right filling...
16:03 jcamins sturmtruppen: ah, a couple of people have written scripts, including, I think, druthb in her koha-migration-toolbox repo, but documentation is a bit scarce, and I don't have any details.
16:05 sturmtruppen jcamins: ok, thanks, i will try...
16:08 sturmtruppen i have to make a script in perl? oh my gosh...
16:08 jcamins sturmtruppen: yup.
16:09 sekjal okay, lunch time.   Room is insecure, so I'll vanish for a bit while I go eat
16:10 cait bye sekjal
16:10 cait :)
16:10 sekjal still working on bug 5549, will hopefully have feedback soon
16:10 sekjal I did see it fail QA from Hackfest Testing
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:10 sekjal but I want to be sure all the issues I found are now addressed, and we're down to just fixing a few last things
16:10 libsysguy sekjal im wondering if that is because he's running a sandbox
16:10 libsysguy im looking at the issues he saw
16:10 sekjal thanks, libsysguy
16:11 sekjal brb
16:11 * oleonard will submit a signoff for Bug 7760 as soon as Bugzilla wakes up
16:11 libsysguy no worries
16:11 libsysguy I want this in lol
16:11 libsysguy im tired of dealing with it and not being able to run the latest code in prod :p
16:15 jcamins cait: we should have classes on the body tags in the OPAC, too... we don't yet, do we?
16:15 oleonard jcamins, I think we do
16:15 oleonard Well, unique ids
16:15 oleonard The idea of the classes in the staff client is to be able to give a common style to "modules"
16:16 jcamins oleonard: we do have ids? Good! I think we may have missed one or two, on the cart or the like.
16:17 jcamins I'll report a bug when I remember which page I was annoyed about not having any way to identify.
16:20 cait jcamins: we have id's on many pages in opac, not on the body tag i think
16:20 cait I mean on other high hiearchy tags, but not on body perhaps
16:21 cait ah... I should scroll
16:21 jcamins cait: there was one page that I couldn't find a way to address directly, so I worked around it, and thought "gee, we should have ids or classes."
16:22 oleonard jcamins, The only example I see is a template we don't use, opac-userdetails
16:28 jcamins oleonard: if I come across it again, I'll report it.
16:28 * oleonard dares you
16:28 gmcharlt joined #koha
16:29 sekjal joined #koha
16:30 mbalmer left #koha
16:32 sekjal libsysguy:  I've done a diff between the version of 5549 from yesterday, and rangi's rebase (both rebased on master).... scanning through that now.  since it fixes the .po issue, there is A LOT of mindless scrolling to do
16:32 sekjal that's what's taking the time
16:33 libsysguy heh
16:33 libsysguy yeah I think he removed some of the patches I tried merging in
16:34 libsysguy sekjal im a little confused about what to do with the latest Failed QA from hackfest…I can't reproduce the error, and the "lacking" section i think should wait
16:34 libsysguy what are your thoughts
16:34 gmcharlt_ joined #koha
16:35 sekjal if you can't reproduce the error, note it on the bug report.  I'll try to get it, as well.  it may be that if they're using the sandbox, they don't have all the necessary DB updates
16:35 sekjal as for "lacking", well, that sounds like followup stuff
16:35 wizzyrea scope_creep--
16:35 sekjal let's get all this in place first, then work on enhancing it
16:36 libsysguy ok I'll make a note, should I reflag it as signed off or leave it failed
16:36 * libsysguy is still a little green
16:36 sekjal libsysguy:  it doesn't matter the flag right now, since it's going through so much active testing
16:36 libsysguy ok cool
16:36 libsysguy thanks sekjal
16:36 sekjal np, libsysguy
16:36 sekjal we're almost there!
16:37 francharb joined #koha
16:37 libsysguy just keep trucking :p
16:37 wizzyrea libsysguy, which iw the "latest fail qa"
16:37 wizzyrea is*
16:38 libsysguy comment 49
16:38 libsysguy bug 5549
16:38 wahanui bug 5549 is your white whale
16:38 wizzyrea what bug
16:38 wahanui bug is always bad news, particularly if you haven't filed it yet.
16:38 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Failed QA , Hourly Loans
16:56 Oak joined #koha
16:58 oleonard Bye #koha
16:58 nengard joined #koha
16:59 Oak hello cait
16:59 Oak kia ora #koha
16:59 cait hello Oak
16:59 cait Oak, could it be that today is a special day?
16:59 Oak back home?
16:59 Oak nope
16:59 cait hmm
16:59 jcamins cait: I already asked. Tomorrow is.
16:59 cait perhaps I messed up my calendar then
16:59 cait oh
16:59 * cait goes to correct her calendar
16:59 Oak :)
17:00 cait oh
17:00 cait it's me
17:00 cait the calendar is right
17:00 cait I confused dates :P
17:00 asaurat left #koha
17:01 Oak crap, i was busy in exams and i missed your birthday...
17:01 Oak cait :-(
17:02 Oak had a paper on 1st march, and another one on 3rd march. but no way to remind me...
17:03 Oak but i don't think i'll forget next time.
17:05 cait that's ok :)
17:05 cait don't worry about it
17:06 cait left #koha
17:07 jcamins Morning, rangi.
17:08 Oak jcamins,  did you wish cait on her birthday?
17:08 Oak i hope i'm the only one who forgot.
17:09 gaetan_B bye !
17:11 jcamins Oak: I did, yes. It was in the topic.
17:11 sekjal libsysguy: finally figured out how to jump to the end of the git diff output
17:11 Oak oh good.
17:11 jcamins Oh, there's an IRC meeting tomorrow.
17:11 sekjal from my analysis of the code, we're in very good shape on bug 5549
17:11 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Failed QA , Hourly Loans
17:12 sekjal just a little work left to be done on how to get the database updates deployed, which is largely up to paul_p.
17:12 sekjal and I want to throw some time at confirming/denying the issues that were found by the hackfesters
17:12 Oak me go now. see you guys on 22nd March. night.
17:16 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7735: removal of C4::Dates when unused <[…]0ca5b4e9388c3302c> / Bug 6025: Adds a script that re-create missing statistics from issues and old_issues... <[…]904de69619b6e9dd8> / Bug 7600: Return a single-pixel GIF when no local cover image exists <http://g
17:16 jenkins_koha Starting build #666 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:19 tajoli left #koha
17:31 magnuse 666, eh?
17:33 laurence left #koha
17:34 gmcharlt @quote random
17:34 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #15: "<|Lupin|>ricardo: you are like the Portuguese Hitchcock!!" (added by wizzyrea at 02:58 PM, July 10, 2009)
17:36 * slef does more kohacon admin
17:38 magnuse slef++
17:38 * magnuse does dinner
17:38 cait joined #koha
17:40 jcamins Heh. The only one I did not test on that list is bug 7144.
17:40 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7144 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Passed QA , Floating collection
17:41 * jcamins is looking forward to sign off statistics for March.
17:41 sophie_m left #koha
17:42 mveron Bon appetit #koha Marseille!
17:43 * sekjal has his work cut out for him.... 15 new bugs in the QAQ
17:44 clrh mveron: thanks :)
17:51 clrh ++
17:56 libsysguy sekjal any luck with reproducing the hackfest bugs?
17:56 libsysguy im about to start testing with odd circ rules
17:56 libsysguy I couldn't reproduce with the ones I had
17:56 sekjal libsysguy:  haven't had a chance yet; preconf session has picked back up
17:56 slef magnus_afk: 'ere, I want a word with you! ;-)
17:56 libsysguy gotcha
17:57 sekjal may have sometime at the coffee break; otherwise, will need to wait until 4:30p Eastern
17:57 libsysguy understood…I'll continue my testing and post the results
17:57 sekjal awesome
17:57 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #666: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/666/
17:57 jenkins_koha * srdjan: Bug 7235: Adding invoice number and vendor name to the moredetail page
17:57 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7235: Add order date and checks for permissions
17:57 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 7235 follow-up: removing some upper cases
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7235 enhancement, P3, ---, srdjan, Pushed to Master , Adding invoice number and vendor name to the moredetail page
17:57 jenkins_koha * jonathan.druart: Bug 7166: Adds edit order notes when the basket is closed
17:57 jenkins_koha * koha.sekjal: Bug 7697: Remove unused textmessaging parameter from OPAC main/user
17:57 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 7600: Return a single-pixel GIF when no local cover image exists
17:57 jenkins_koha * matthias.meusburger: Bug 6025: Adds a script that re-create missing statistics from issues and old_issues tables
17:57 jenkins_koha * adrien.saurat: Bug 7735: removal of C4::Dates when unused
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7166 enhancement, P3, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to Master , Modify order notes when basket is closed
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7697 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha.sekjal, Pushed to Master , Clean up borrower.textmessaging leftover code
17:57 * sekjal preps the blubber room for 5549
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7600 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, Pushed to Master , Have book cover image script return single-pixel gif data
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6025 enhancement, P3, ---, matthias.meusburger, Pushed to Master , Script to recreate entries in the statistics table from the issues and oldissues table
17:57 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7735 trivial, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Pushed to Master , Removal of C4::Dates where it's not used anymore
17:58 libsysguy the blubber room?
17:59 sekjal the place on old ships where whales were... rendered
17:59 slef magnus_afk: (seriously, let me know when you return...)
17:59 libsysguy hehe
17:59 * jcamins thought you meant there was going to be a lot of crying.
18:00 libsysguy thats what im doing :p
18:34 rangi Morning
18:36 sekjal morning, rangi
18:45 wizzyrea hi there rangi
18:46 wizzyrea paul_p: i'm decently confident about 7144
18:47 wizzyrea bug 5549
18:47 wahanui it has been said that bug 5549 is libsysguy's white whale
18:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Failed QA , Hourly Loans
18:53 adnc joined #koha
19:02 libsysguy joined #koha
19:05 Guillaume left #koha
19:12 rangi ah ha
19:12 rangi everytime the kohagbsd twitter accounts tweets a bunch of bots all hit whatever bug it was talking about
19:12 wizzyrea ewwww
19:13 rangi and because there was a big flurry, it was big enough to max out connections for a little while
19:13 rangi mystery solved
19:20 ibeardslee ahh the joy of bots eh?
19:20 rangi yup
19:22 ibeardslee just need to get some google ads on those pages then?
19:23 marcb joined #koha
19:23 rangi heh
19:29 rangi sekjal: want me to fix and push the follow up to the branch?
19:30 marcb1 joined #koha
19:30 sekjal rangi: that's be great
19:30 rangi righto will do
19:30 sekjal s/that's/that'd/
19:31 libsysguy it looks like in C4::Calendar it was called daysBetween
19:31 libsysguy and changed in the new namespac
19:31 sekjal yup
19:31 rangi yep fixing now
19:31 sekjal and days_between is already used in C4/
19:32 libsysguy *smh* don't know how i missed that
19:32 * libsysguy would be a terrible tester
19:32 sekjal this should be the only issue with it, according to my grep
19:34 rangi fix pushed
19:35 sekjal awesome
19:35 sekjal will test other issues once I'm out of this preconf session
19:35 rangi thanks
19:35 rangi whats the session?
19:36 sekjal usability and user experience
19:36 sekjal at Computers in Libraries
19:36 rangi ajj
19:36 rangi ahh even
19:37 sjeffery joined #koha
19:39 sjeffery I am writing up a rfp for development work and want to be sure that the vendor is required to put the code into the main codebase. Not knowing the development termonology, what am I looking for? They need to pass QA?
19:40 rangi You want the code pushed to the master branch of the official Koha git repository (
19:40 sekjal sjeffery:  the specification as well as the code need to be open and available.
19:40 rangi in order to get there, it needs to pass sign off, and qa
19:40 rangi as well as the release manager
19:41 sekjal a bug report must be filed for the enhancement, and a wiki page should probably be added if it's sizeable
19:41 rangi *nod*
19:41 magnus_afk slef: still around?
19:41 sjeffery Oh yeah, it is going to be sizable:)
19:41 wizzyrea dare we ask what it is?
19:41 libsysguy maybe make it break up into smaller patches?
19:41 rangi sjeffery: ideally they would develop in the open with a publicly viewable git repo
19:41 magnus_afk rangi: just say if i should turn kohagbsd off
19:41 rangi magnus_afk: all good
19:41 rangi ive rate limited the bots
19:42 libsysguy otherwise it could be doomed to the same fate as hourly
19:42 wizzyrea yea, smaller is better.
19:42 wizzyrea incremental improvement.
19:42 wizzyrea sometimes you have to take one big step before you can do the improvements though.
19:42 wizzyrea like acquisitions.
19:42 sjeffery The first project is to change around authorities, add support for heirarchies, new interfaces, etc. Second project is completely rewriting series receiving and display. Third project is more support for analytics:)
19:43 wizzyrea you should talk to jcamins.
19:43 wizzyrea he's doing a lot of work in that area already
19:43 sjeffery I know, we have been chatting about the analytics for a long time
19:43 wizzyrea cool
19:43 wizzyrea just making sure ;)
19:43 rangi but yeah publish early publish often
19:43 magnus_afk +1
19:44 rangi helps others test/spot things .. which will make qa so much easier down the road
19:44 wizzyrea ^^
19:44 sjeffery Actually, the hope is to do the development very rapidly (in a few week time period), so it will be more likely to sorta just show up
19:44 rangi if they are using git, theres no reason not to have the repo public
19:45 kathryn joined #koha
19:45 rangi eg
19:45 sjeffery hmm, yeah, good point
19:45 rangi[…]/bug_7613_wr89060
19:45 rangi you can always see what catalyst is working on, by checking hte repo
19:46 sjeffery ps-writing rfp's is horrific
19:46 rangi answering them is worse :)
19:47 sjeffery lol yeah, I will give you that
19:52 magnus_afk @later tell slef: see you tomorrow!
19:52 huginn magnus_afk: The operation succeeded.
19:52 magnus_afk have fun #koha!
20:10 jcamins_away n/nick jcamins
20:10 jcamins Did someone say authorities? :D
20:10 jcamins And... analytics? :D :D
20:10 sjeffery not me!
20:10 jcamins Bwahahaha! :)
20:10 sjeffery And 12 other things if I can get them approved!
20:11 * jcamins is happy to see authorities and analytics on the list.
20:14 nengard left #koha
20:22 eythian_ joined #koha
20:24 hdl joined #koha
20:32 maximep joined #koha
20:33 cait joined #koha
20:33 cait hi #koha
20:33 hdl joined #koha
20:33 jcamins Hi cait.
20:34 cait hi jcamins :)
20:34 marcb joined #koha
20:35 rangi hi cait and hdl
20:35 cait hi rangi :)
20:38 oleonard joined #koha
20:41 wizzyrea hi cait :)
20:42 rangi hey oleonard
20:42 wahanui well, oleonard is the master UI designer of koha or an awesome bug wrangler
20:42 oleonard Hi
20:42 cait hi owen :)
20:42 cait hi liz :)
20:43 oleonard cait, I'm back from dinner so early I hardly know what to do with my time!
20:43 cait you don't really want me to make suggestions? :)
20:43 cait fix the german translation file for 3.6.3? ;)
20:43 oleonard I think you'd be unhappy with any of my solutions
20:44 rangi das ist verboten!
20:44 eythian_bucklame oleonard only know German swear words.
20:44 eythian_bucklame +s
20:44 sjeffery Well if we removed translations, that would make the code simpler:)
20:44 oleonard ...and only ones which were in Raiders of the Lost Ark
20:44 * wizzyrea gives sjeffery the eye. You know the one.
20:44 wizzyrea if we removed the translations, we'd be ptfs.
20:45 wizzyrea oh sorry, they do have es I guess.
20:45 rangi if the queens english was good enough for jesus christ, it's good enough for me
20:45 * wizzyrea does a double take
20:45 rangi hehe
20:46 rangi its based on a quote by miriam a. ferguson
20:46 rangi
20:46 cait so noone is going to fix it for me? :(
20:47 cait *sigh*
20:47 cait okok
20:47 cait I will do it
20:47 jcamins cait: Shouldn't it be das verboten ist?
20:47 wizzyrea oh my
20:47 rangi and a nz band made a song about it
20:47 cait nope
20:47 sekjal okay, preconf done.  going to migrate to another wifi hotspot
20:47 cait rangi did it perfectly
20:47 rangi
20:47 sjeffery Am I the only one that ever changes the language of Koha on the front-end thinking that it changes the language of the displayed record?
20:47 cait verboten is an adjective
20:48 cait so it is prohibited
20:48 wizzyrea surely not
20:48 rangi cait: das ist gut, ja?
20:48 cait sehr gut
20:48 jcamins cait: ah. But if it were a noun, "ist" would have been at the end?
20:48 cait hm no
20:49 slef @later tell magnus_away here, I want a word with you!
20:49 huginn slef: The operation succeeded.
20:49 cait oh wow
20:49 cait that sounds... threatening
20:49 jcamins It sure does!
20:49 * cait offers slef some cocolateless sweets
20:49 slef did you miss the link earlier?
20:49 cait we just came back from dinner
20:49 slef about 1m20 in
20:50 jcamins Oh no! Did slef give up chocolate for Lent?
20:53 slef jcamins: no, cocoa solids just don't like me much.
20:54 jcamins slef: oh no! That's even worse!
20:56 cait it is
21:12 libsysguy joined #koha
21:22 JesseM left #koha
21:29 sekjal joined #koha
21:41 oleonard Okay, some messaging with home and a tiny bit of work and now I'm ready for bed.
21:41 oleonard Good night #koha
21:44 cait he is still too fast for me...
21:44 cait night #koha :)
21:44 cait left #koha
21:46 sekjal joined #koha
21:52 libsysguy ack new hourly bug
21:52 rangi yep looking into it now
21:52 libsysguy I feel like i've seen this one before
21:52 sekjal rangi:  the checkin seems to go through
21:52 sekjal it just throws up the error
21:52 rangi right
21:52 libsysguy i've definitely seen this one before then
21:52 sekjal I can't reproduce the renewals bug
21:53 sekjal renewals work just fine for me
21:53 rangi yeah i couldnt either
21:53 sekjal maybe they're specifying the date?
21:53 sekjal that doesn't sound like what they're noting, though
21:53 libsysguy rangi are you working on it directly in the pull repo?
21:53 rangi no, on my desktop
21:54 rangi but i push the fixes to merged_5549
21:54 libsysguy ok im going to do a pull just to get the changes you've made
21:54 rangi cool, merged_5549 eh?
21:54 libsysguy i believe so
21:55 rangi ahh those are C4/Date objects not DateTime ones
21:55 rangi hence the no truncate
21:56 * rangi finds the call to days_between
21:57 libsysguy rangi++
22:01 mveron good night #koha
22:02 talljoy left #koha
22:04 rangi ah yes
22:04 rangi my $datedue = dt_from_string( $overdue->{date_due} );
22:04 rangi is how we do it for fines
22:04 rangi
22:04 rangi but when leveling the fine on return
22:05 rangi we are still use C4::Dates->new
22:05 * rangi will fix
22:05 sekjal rangi:  is this _FixOverduesOnReturn?
22:05 rangi and this solves their finedays bug
22:05 rangi _FixFineDaysOnReturn
22:05 sekjal right
22:05 sekjal just noting that... if my comment would ever SAVE
22:07 rangi yeah bots again
22:08 sekjal I wish Hourly Loans has been implemented the way I noted in the spec... with a single unit of minutes, instead of splitting it out into a separate column
22:08 libsysguy well maybe it can be fixed?
22:08 sekjal would make the suspension in (unit of time) a little more flexible
22:09 libsysguy *not now*
22:09 sekjal libsysguy: I'm not sure my way of doing it is actually any better
22:09 sekjal and I think what I'm really unhappy about is the circ matrix
22:09 sekjal that needs a new basis STAT
22:09 libsysguy oh the smart rules
22:09 sekjal I've been meaning to write one
22:09 libsysguy agreed, that thing is out of control
22:10 rangi fixed bug
22:10 rangi pushing now
22:10 sekjal thanks, rangi!
22:10 sekjal rangi++
22:11 libsysguy rangi++ sekjal++
22:13 sekjal 23 bugs in my QAQ, not including 5549.  but if we can put that one to bed, I'll consider the night a resounding success
22:13 rangi yep!
22:18 pastebot joined #koha
22:25 sekjal looks like our JS Calendar has a showsTime option which will include the times along with the date... could be handy to implement for renewals, hardduedates, etc
22:27 Irma joined #koha
22:28 libsysguy ^^
22:28 sekjal as it stands, if you specify the renewal due date, it renews to 00:00 that day
22:28 libsysguy well that is no good
22:28 rangi yep, that could be a nice follow enh
22:29 sekjal there'll be plenty of extra work we can do on this, once the core functionality is in place
22:29 libsysguy but i agree with rangi, there are a treasure trove of follow up enhancements that need to go with hourly
22:29 sekjal ^^
22:29 rangi *nod*
22:29 libsysguy ^^
22:29 sekjal lol
22:29 libsysguy im glad we are all on the same page :p
22:29 rangi bugs should hopefully be more responsive now
22:30 sekjal I'm seeing much better behaviour, yes
22:30 rangi i might have to kick in some more money and get more ram for my linode
22:33 libsysguy you could move it to aws :p
22:33 rangi like hell :)
22:34 rangi amazon gets none of my money
22:34 libsysguy I only have the free account with them
22:34 libsysguy when that is up ill move elsewhere
22:35 rangi linode are good, solid
22:35 libsysguy i feel like aws gives me a lot of options…to rip myself off
22:35 rangi yup
22:36 rangi cloud = someone elses computer
22:36 rangi im old and crusty, but i still prefer an vps
22:37 * libsysguy pictures rangi looking like gandolf the grey
22:37 rangi heh
22:37 rangi with a bird on his head
22:37 libsysguy heh
22:37 sekjal hmmm.... we're going to have to update KohaDates to handle timestamps
22:37 rangi
22:38 rangi it doesnt do a lot
22:38 rangi updating the modules it calls is probably the best bet
22:38 rangi ie it just calls format_date
22:38 sekjal I can see 5549 and 7444 colliding
22:39 rangi its a sum total of 31 lines
22:39 rangi of which only 10 do anything :)
22:39 rangi sub filter {                                                                                              my ($self,$text) = @_;                                                                                my $date = C4::Dates->new( $text, 'iso' );
22:39 rangi return $date->output("sspref");
22:39 rangi }
22:39 sekjal shouldn't be hard to do, then
22:39 sekjal another opportunity for after Hourly Loans is merged
22:39 rangi fixing $date->output
22:39 rangi is the best option
22:40 rangi or killing C4/Dates totally
22:40 rangi but we dont want KohaDates doing something different to the places we havent fixed yet
22:40 rangi so the fix needs to be lower
22:40 rangi if that makes sense
22:40 sekjal yes
22:41 sekjal was just looking at bug 7748
22:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7748 trivial, P5 - low, ---, adrien.saurat, Signed Off , Date not formatted on "Add orders from iso2709 file" page
22:41 rangi ah yep
22:43 sekjal so, I think we're okay on 5549, right?  bugs are fixed, just need feedback on the renewals issues the hackfest testers found
22:43 rangi i think so yeah
22:43 rangi its only the renewal one
22:43 rangi @quote random
22:43 huginn rangi: Quote #152: "gmcharlt: Koha: unifying the world one library at a time" (added by wizzyrea at 02:19 PM, September 13, 2011)
22:43 rangi @quote random
22:43 huginn rangi: Quote #30: "< pianohacker> Dealing with me can indeed be painful" (added by chris at 09:34 PM, September 02, 2009)
22:44 maximep left #koha
22:45 sekjal need to figure out the plan for updating the database ( v. atomicupdate), and deal with rollingloans.t, but I don't think there are any other technical problems identified
22:45 rangi i think we might jsut have to pull the test
22:45 rangi while having sample circ rules and biblios and items would be great for all manner of tests
22:45 rangi im not sure we can get that done before freeze
22:45 rangi and it is the test that is failing not the code
22:46 sekjal no, building a solid test DB is no small feat
22:46 sekjal and right, it's just a faulty test
22:46 sekjal so we pull it, and rebuild it later in t/db_dependent
22:46 rangi yep its in there now
22:46 sekjal Circulation needs a more robust test suite, anyway
22:46 rangi but just cant work without a populated db
22:47 rangi and/or
22:47 rangi some kinda TAP thing
22:47 sekjal we don't have one mostly because of @quote 123 issues
22:47 rangi
22:47 rangi or pgtap
22:47 rangi et al
22:48 rangi Test::MockDBI
22:49 rangi theres a lot of weird and wonderful ways to do testing :)
22:50 sekjal well, in that case, I think it's reasonable to update the status of bug 5549
22:50 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5549 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, chris, Failed QA , Hourly Loans
22:50 rangi yay!
22:50 libsysguy yayy
22:51 sekjal well done libsysguy and rangi.
22:51 sekjal libsysguy++
22:51 sekjal rangi++
22:51 libsysguy rangi++ sekjal++
22:52 libsysguy seriously thanks for the support on this on
22:52 libsysguy definitely couldn't have done it on my own
22:52 sekjal a wonderful example of international, multi-organization cooperation
22:52 rangi *nod*
22:52 libsysguy indeed
22:52 bag YAY
22:53 sekjal our work isn't done, of course, but we're in a much better position now than we were before
22:53 * libsysguy plots how to get his prod server back up to master
22:54 libsysguy then what new features to add to hourly core
22:54 libsysguy food time
23:20 rangi @quote random
23:20 huginn rangi: Quote #56: "* jdavidb makes sure no kitty carcasses are among the dead bugs." (added by gmcharlt at 01:34 PM, February 11, 2010)
23:24 sekjal night, #koha!  time for some food, drink and relaxin'
23:51 rangi slef++
23:52 slef !?!?
23:52 slef yes, I'm still writing kohacon emails
23:52 slef I am already asleep though
23:52 rangi yeah saw the wiki edit :)
23:55 slef eythian is stuck in backland?
23:55 ibeardslee bucklame
23:56 slef depends on the phone ;)
23:57 ibeardslee true
23:59 * rangi makes an edit

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary