IRC log for #koha, 2011-12-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 NateC left #koha
00:07 ago43 is now known as ago43_away
00:08 Irma joined #koha
00:18 drojf1 left #koha
00:24 libsysguy_gym is now known as libsysguy
00:29 wizzyrea keke the reserves test makes an identical reserve every time it's run.
00:29 * wizzyrea had 10x identical reserves on a bib.
00:50 hankbank joined #koha
00:50 rangi heh
00:59 fernando joined #koha
01:00 fernando is now known as Guest19731
01:01 Guest19731 left #koha
01:02 melia left #koha
01:04 hankbank left #koha
01:24 wizzyrea what's the stuff in t/db_schemas for?
01:25 rangi not sure i think that was the start of making the tests make their own db
01:25 wizzyrea oic.
01:33 f3rnando joined #koha
02:04 ago43_away is now known as ago43
02:10 wizzyrea is now known as wizzyrea_away
02:11 kathryn left #koha
02:14 talljoy left #koha
02:30 ago43 left #koha
02:30 libsysguy left #koha
02:40 Judit1 joined #koha
02:40 BobB_ joined #koha
02:43 Irma left #koha
02:44 Judit left #koha
02:44 BobB left #koha
02:45 Judit joined #koha
02:46 BobB joined #koha
02:49 BobB_ left #koha
02:50 Judit1 left #koha
02:56 Irma joined #koha
03:04 jcamins_away @later tell libsysguy Good plan. Hopefully there won't be too many that require overlaying, though I guess doing it via script wouldn't be that bad.
03:04 huginn` jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
03:07 libsysguy joined #koha
03:08 jcamins_away libsysguy: I sas just saying, seems like a good idea to me.
03:08 libsysguy ahh
03:08 jcamins_away *was
03:09 libsysguy haha…yeah I think if i can get them all in one place it won't be bad…it does seem like there are a lot
03:09 libsysguy maybe 50K-100K
03:09 jcamins_away Do you pay OCLC by the search?
03:09 wizzyrea_away is now known as wizzyrea
03:10 libsysguy i sure hope not…I don't think we do…I think it is a package deal
03:11 jcamins_away In that case, get them to activate your Z39.50 access, and leave it running overnight.
03:11 jcamins_away Maybe over the weekend.
03:11 libsysguy ohh yeah…that'd be an awesome way to pull them all
03:12 jcamins_away Definitely weekend.
03:12 jcamins_away If you could do one Z39.50 search per second, it'd take over a day.
03:12 jcamins_away They usually take, what, 10 seconds?
03:12 jcamins_away Crap. It'll take over a week.
03:13 libsysguy 0_0…hmm
03:13 libsysguy maybe I can set up multiple servers to pull
03:13 libsysguy thread the process
03:13 jcamins_away Good thought.
03:14 libsysguy that way its not lagging out production
03:14 jcamins_away Yeah, definitely best to do that.
03:16 jcamins_away libsysguy: <-- in there is a script old/migration/
03:16 libsysguy haha aww she started another git repo
03:16 kathryn joined #koha
03:33 AmitG joined #koha
03:38 Judit left #koha
03:59 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 4530] Circulation & fines rules aren't always applied from most specific to less specific <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4530>
04:04 Phlunk3 left #koha
04:25 Judit joined #koha
04:25 Judit hi
04:25 wahanui bonjour, Judit
04:25 Judit anyone has experience with the offline circulation tool for firefox?
04:27 eythian No one does.
04:27 Judit :)
04:27 Judit i will!
04:32 f3rnando left #koha
04:33 kathryn left #koha
04:39 Oak joined #koha
04:39 Oak kia ora #koha
05:06 indradg joined #koha
05:10 cait joined #koha
05:10 cait morning #koha :)
05:12 eythian hi cait
05:12 cait hey eythian :)
05:13 Oak Hello Mr. Robin
05:13 Oak Good morning miss cait :)
05:13 cait hi Oak :)
06:07 Judit1 joined #koha
06:07 Judit left #koha
06:08 Judit1 left #koha
06:14 libsysguy left #koha
06:30 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7334] Improve 'No address stored' and similar messages in patron account <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7334>
07:22 AmitG heya cait
07:23 alex_a morning #koha !
07:24 cait morning alex_a and AmitG
07:33 danmc left #koha
07:45 paul_bed joined #koha
07:46 cait left #koha
07:46 danmc joined #koha
07:51 alex_a left #koha
07:52 alex_a joined #koha
07:53 rangi evening all
07:56 Oak Tenā Koe rangi
08:01 reiveune joined #koha
08:01 reiveune hello
08:01 wahanui que tal, reiveune
08:03 Oak hello reiveune :)
08:04 reiveune Hi Oak and everybody :)
08:06 matts_away is now known as matts
08:07 francharb joined #koha
08:08 asaurat joined #koha
08:09 sophie_m joined #koha
08:13 kf joined #koha
08:13 kf back :)
08:14 rangi paul_bed:[…]g.cgi?id=6679#c32
08:14 huginn` Bug 6679: minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
08:14 paul_bed is now known as paul_p
08:14 rangi plus bug 7141
08:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
08:14 rangi will stop the tests complaining
08:14 paul_p hello rangi
08:14 rangi and should have happy jenkins again
08:14 rangi hello :)
08:15 kf rangi++
08:15 paul_p good morning kf
08:15 kf bonjour paul_p :)
08:16 paul_p kf, did I tell you that my 2nd son (Nathan, 11) is learning english as 1st foreign language, and german as 2nd ?
08:16 kf no, you didn't :)
08:17 paul_p (he choose to start a 2nd FL at 11, it's mandatory only at 13. But his school propose this option for motivated childrens)
08:17 kf learning german is hard
08:17 paul_p (well, for motivated parents too ;-) )
08:17 paul_p it's funny to see that he sometimes make mistakes in his accent: saying a german word with english accent.
08:18 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:20 kf interesting
08:20 wahanui interesting is good
08:20 kf hehe, yeah sometimes wahanui :)
08:21 kf paul_p: how does he like German?
08:21 asaurat in southern France, choosing german is often, like latin, a way to end up in a "good" class :D
08:22 paul_p asaurat, right.
08:22 kf asaurat: did you learn german at school?
08:22 paul_p (and choosing german at 11 is only for students with good results)
08:23 asaurat kf: no, spanish :), but I took latin as 3rd language
08:23 kf asaurat: crazy :)
08:23 kf ok...
08:23 kf english, russian, japanese
08:23 kf for me
08:23 asaurat crazier :D
08:23 kf heh yes
08:24 kf can one of you give jonathan some chocolate?
08:24 asaurat russian ? were you raised in a former DDR land ?
08:25 kf no
08:25 kf but you are right
08:26 kf a lot of people in DDR learned russian, not very common in south germany
08:26 kf but the school I was at offered it
08:26 kf you could choose between French and Russian as a second language
08:30 Guillaume1 joined #koha
08:36 francharb morning
08:37 Oak whoa
08:37 Oak you speak Russian and Japanese kf ?
08:38 paul_p kf, chocolate to joubu ? I can do that immediatly if you explain why
08:38 Oak morning francharb :)
08:38 paul_p (dark chocolate with nuts)
08:38 * Oak goes to sit in sunlight
08:42 kf paul_p: because I failed the late order management again
08:42 * kf sends chocolate to joubu
08:42 kf and thx paul :)
08:43 kf Oak: speaking is too much... I learned russian from 7th to 11th grade, but can't really speak it and studied japanese at school and for 1 year at university
08:43 kf Oak: but same there, not using it = forgetting
08:50 indradg left #koha
08:58 Oak ah i see
08:59 Oak @wunder islamabad
08:59 huginn` Oak: The current temperature in Islamabad, Pakistan is 21.0�C (1:00 PM PKT on December 08, 2011). Conditions: Haze. Humidity: 38%. Dew Point: 6.0�C. Pressure: 30.01 in 1016 hPa (Steady).
08:59 Oak not very sunny
08:59 kf sunny here :)
08:59 Oak @wunder konstanz
09:00 huginn` Oak: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is 3.9�C (9:54 AM CET on December 08, 2011). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 84%. Dew Point: 1.0�C. Windchill: 4.0�C. Pressure: 30.36 in 1028.0 hPa (Steady).
09:00 Oak cool
09:00 kf ok, meeting time
09:00 * kf kf_mtg
09:01 asaurat @wunder vladivostok
09:01 huginn` asaurat: The current temperature in Vladivostok, Russia is -12.0�C (7:30 PM VLAT on December 08, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 48%. Dew Point: -21.0�C. Windchill: -19.0�C. Pressure: 30.33 in 1027 hPa (Steady).
09:06 paul_p kf, chocolate given to joubu (he was at a short meeting)
09:15 asaurat1 joined #koha
09:15 asaurat left #koha
09:23 asaurat1 left #koha
09:33 asaurat joined #koha
10:06 Oak left #koha
10:08 chris_n` joined #koha
10:08 chris_n is now known as Guest19780
10:08 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
10:14 Guest19780 left #koha
10:22 gaetan_B left #koha
10:25 * kf paul_p thx :)
10:35 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:50 francharb left #koha
10:54 francharb joined #koha
11:02 Judit joined #koha
11:02 gaetan_B left #koha
11:02 asaurat1 joined #koha
11:07 gaetan_B joined #koha
11:08 asaurat left #koha
11:19 matts is now known as matts_away
11:20 asaurat1 left #koha
11:21 Judit left #koha
11:23 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools... <[…]f528df45d72dfa782> / Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools... <[…]b5d68db031f192b25> / Bug 7116: White space on item form for b
11:26 asaurat joined #koha
11:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 559 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 1 mo. 20 j ago)
11:34 wizzyrea is now known as wizzyrea_away
11:41 gaetan_B left #koha
11:47 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5347] late order management <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347>
12:04 Guillaume1 left #koha
12:19 AmitG chris around?
12:22 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #559: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/559/
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679: Fixing admin/aqplain :encoding(UTF-8) gives strict validation
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679: catalogue/ now passing perl critic tests
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : cataloguing/ now passing critic tests
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Adding license statement and stopping declaring variables in a conditional
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Allowing eval require
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
12:22 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7141 : Changing test to match new formatting of xsl style sheet
12:22 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6987 Make return from Overdues::GetFine consistent
12:22 jenkins_koha * jaker: Bug 7020 Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
12:22 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Welcome to jon Aker (#164) + missing tabs & "releases"
12:22 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7116: White space on item form for bulk ordering from staged file
12:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
12:22 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6987 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , C4::Overdues::GetFine returns inconsistent
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7020 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, jaker, ASSIGNED , Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7116 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Item form when ordering in batch from staged marc has lots of white space for hidden fields
12:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7259 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
12:26 Guillaume1 joined #koha
12:28 AmitG left #koha
12:33 sophie_m left #koha
12:34 julian_m joined #koha
12:36 sophie_m joined #koha
12:36 jwagner joined #koha
12:36 nengard joined #koha
12:45 Guillaume1 left #koha
12:48 collum joined #koha
12:54 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:54 Guillaume1 joined #koha
12:56 matts_away is now known as matts
12:58 Guillaume1 left #koha
13:00 NateC joined #koha
13:01 Irma left #koha
13:09 Guillaume1 joined #koha
13:15 ago43 joined #koha
13:15 oleonard joined #koha
13:17 kf hhmmm
13:17 kf reports question
13:17 kf I was trying
13:17 kf to build a report that would allow to choose how to sort it
13:17 kf using an authorized value list sort
13:18 kf and a placeholder
13:18 kf but it builds something like
13:18 kf s order by 'cardnumber desc'
13:18 kf is there a way to avoid the '' ?
13:18 kf or make it work with ''?
13:30 * oleonard waves to kf but has no answer
13:30 kf hi oleonard :)
13:31 kf that's ok.
13:31 kf perhaps a case for a enh request
13:31 kf oleonard: any idea how to call that new feature?
13:32 oleonard I don't really even understand it
13:32 magnus_away is now known as magnus_afk
13:32 kf a custom report
13:32 kf that does not ask for a branch
13:32 kf or for an itemtype
13:32 kf using the placeholders
13:32 magnus_afk is now known as magnuse
13:32 kf but for the way it should be ordered
13:32 kf sorted
13:33 kf and it does not work, because I can get a pull down and all using an authorized value in the report, but the replaced string always has '' around it
13:33 kf and sql does not like that
13:34 JesseM joined #koha
13:35 oleonard Maybe you should make the bug very general, like "Allow custom parameters for sorting in guided reports"
13:36 kf that sounds nice :)
13:41 kf thx oleonard :)
13:42 kf bug 7335
13:42 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7335 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Allow custom parameters for sorting in sql reports
13:49 oleonard If a bug fix introduces new strings does it make it inappropriate for the stable branch?
13:50 magnuse i'd say no
13:50 magnuse bugs should be fixed
13:51 oleonard But with an edge case like Bug 7083 it might be reason enough to reject it
13:51 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7083 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Show creator name on list of public lists
13:51 paul_p oleonard, not at all.
13:52 paul_p => a bugfix is always OK for stable branch
13:57 kf magnuse: we do translation
13:57 kf arg
13:57 kf oleonard: new strings are ok for bugfix releases
13:58 magnuse at least we try to... ;-)
13:58 kf oleonard: we update the po files between releases :)
13:58 kf oleonard: there are only some time lines, so some days before the release no string changes
13:58 kf and hi magnuse :) home now?
13:59 oleonard Okay, I wasn't sure with the stable releases.
13:59 magnuse kf: yup
14:00 magnuse gah, how i wish norwegians used english so i didn't have to worry about translations...
14:01 jcamins_away magnuse: how do you handle translations with the packages?
14:01 magnuse um, hardly...
14:01 oleonard All those Norwegian voice actors would be out of work if they didn't have American TV to dub
14:01 magnuse catalyst hav been working on integrating translations into the packaging process
14:01 magnuse huh? we only dub children's movies!
14:02 magnuse and tv-series
14:02 kf wish we would do the same
14:02 jcamins_away magnuse: yeah, I know that, but you're using packages for NORMARC installations, aren't you? So you must be doing something.
14:02 oleonard If Americans were forced to READ the television there would be nationwide revolt on an unprecedented scale.
14:03 magnuse i have been using the stuff on this branch:[…]eads/wr83663-l10n
14:03 jcamins_away oleonard: alas, I think that is true.
14:03 oleonard Hence the creation of a duplicate "Girl with the dragon tattoo" movie.
14:03 jcamins_away magnuse: thanks.
14:03 magnuse yeah, lots of scandinavian movies are re-done in the us
14:03 magnuse weird!
14:04 magnuse jcamins_away: i think that work is pretty complete now, i hope eythian and srdjan will get around to submitting a patch
14:04 magnuse well, not lots, but some...
14:05 magnuse francis ford coppola is going to make a film based on a book by our most popular crime author (jo nesb�) though!
14:07 oleonard Hey, we have a few of those in our collection
14:08 wizzyrea_away is now known as wizzyrea
14:09 * jcamins_away rediscovers the fact that there's no intranet XSLT stylesheet.
14:10 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:10 oleonard Sure there is jcamins
14:10 jcamins Results stylesheet.
14:10 wizzyrea mornin
14:10 oleonard jcamins: The results one is in-progress. There's a bug and patch for it if you'd like to help
14:11 jcamins oleonard: yeah, I know. I just had forgotten.
14:14 oleonard Uh oh... Is making a patron debarred broken in master?
14:14 jcamins Uh-oh. That would be bad.
14:15 jcamins After I test my patch for bug 7332, I'll check for you.
14:15 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7332 normal, P5 - low, ---, jcamins, NEW , Translated title (MARC21 field 242) doesn't display
14:15 * jcamins sees what kf was talking about.
14:15 jcamins Whoah!
14:15 jcamins oleonard++
14:15 jcamins That's *beautiful*!
14:15 oleonard ?
14:16 jcamins Suggestions pending approval, Tags pending approval.
14:16 wizzyrea i like it too :)
14:16 wizzyrea oleonard++
14:16 magnuse oleonard++
14:16 wizzyrea how are you going about making a patron debarred oleonard
14:17 wizzyrea oh, and btw
14:17 wizzyrea I made a testing db for running unit tests.
14:17 jcamins Hey, someone restyled the framework thing, too?
14:17 wizzyrea it's in bugzilla
14:17 jcamins That could've been a while ago. I don't recall the last time I looked at frameworks.
14:17 wizzyrea bug 7333
14:17 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7333 trivial, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, ASSIGNED , Cleaning up tests to use sample data
14:18 oleonard I edit my patron record and checked the 'debarred' radio button (but didn't put in a debarred until date)
14:18 wizzyrea ah, sounds like fine in days?
14:18 oleonard It seemed to have not worked, but now I can't log in as that user
14:19 * wizzyrea will try it
14:19 oleonard Don't try with your only superlibrarian user
14:19 wizzyrea O.o
14:19 oleonard It breaks access to the OPAC for that user too
14:19 jcamins That's bad.
14:20 oleonard Not even free frogurt with that.
14:21 oleonard Interesting... borrowers.debarred for that patron record is set to 127.
14:21 wizzyrea hm that seems odd
14:23 oleonard I must have missed a database update?
14:23 wizzyrea hmm
14:24 wizzyrea I'm not having any trouble
14:24 wizzyrea and I just fetched
14:24 wizzyrea do note, it was a "regular" patron
14:24 Johnindy_ joined #koha
14:25 wizzyrea hm but that is weird
14:25 wizzyrea the patron I debarred
14:25 jcamins kf: weren't you just thinking you wanted to sign off on bug 7332? :P
14:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7332 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, NEW , Translated title (MARC21 field 242) doesn't display
14:26 * oleonard sets back his koha version and lets updates run
14:26 wizzyrea
14:27 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:27 talljoy joined #koha
14:29 wizzyrea oleonard:
14:29 wizzyrea it looks like it's working for me
14:29 wizzyrea except for the "debarred until 9999" thing
14:30 oleonard Yeah, it was a database problem. I didn't get the update that converted debarred to a date field.
14:30 wizzyrea oh I see
14:30 wizzyrea ok, well we still have a problem with the date
14:30 wizzyrea display
14:31 sekjal joined #koha
14:31 Johnindy left #koha
14:33 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7332] Translated title (MARC21 field 242) doesn't display <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7332>
14:33 oleonard That looks like an easy template fix wizzyrea
14:34 * oleonard tinkers
14:34 wizzyrea cool, I'll file the bug for you :)
14:35 sekjal morning, #koha
14:36 wizzyrea bug 7337 oleonard
14:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7337 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , "Debarred Until" display in the opac tells patrons they are debarred until the year 9999
14:36 oleonard Thanks wizzyrea
14:36 wizzyrea yw
14:41 jcamins Morning.
14:44 wizzyrea hi there
14:44 * wizzyrea just had to use a ball point pen to stir her coffee because she could not find a spoon
14:44 wizzyrea ink side up, of course :P
14:45 chris_n g'morning
14:45 jcamins wizzyrea: "You know you're a librarian when..."
14:45 jcamins ?
14:45 chris_n did someone say "coffee"?
14:46 chris_n jcamins: when every time you hear a book title, you immediately think of its call number?
14:46 oleonard Is the GBSD twitter account supposed to stop tweeting after GBSD is over?
14:47 wizzyrea I kind of like it actually :P
14:47 jcamins chris_n: I was thinking "when your preferred sweetener for your coffee is ink."
14:48 chris_n yuk
14:48 jcamins chris_n: yeah, I guess neither of us are *real* librarians like wizzyrea. ;)
14:48 chris_n we need a way to do a blanket due date change on all outstanding issues
14:48 wizzyrea pfft
14:48 wizzyrea can't you do that with circ rules?
14:48 wizzyrea oh existing ones
14:48 wizzyrea nm
14:49 jcamins chris_n: don't we have a script that does that?
14:49 * chris_n has not seen it
14:49 chris_n but will gladly accept directions :)
14:49 chris_n right, existing
14:49 chris_n ie. our library closes over the break and requires the return of all materials
14:49 jcamins sekjal: don't we have a script that changes the due date globally so that the transition to hard due dates was painless?
14:50 chris_n some patrons seem not to be able to understand that
14:50 chris_n since the due date is set after the close date by default
14:50 sekjal jcamins: was part of the database update
14:50 wizzyrea chris_n: in the future you probably want to set up your circ rules to compensate for that
14:51 wizzyrea because you can set your hard due date at the beginning of the semester and pretty well forget about it
14:51 jcamins sekjal: ohhh. Thanks. I knew there was some sort of transitional thing.
14:51 chris_n ok, I missed the hard due date feature
14:51 * wizzyrea sounds like she's from an infomercial this morning
14:51 wizzyrea "set it, and forget it!"
14:51 * chris_n wonders what other wonderful features are lurking in koha that he's missed
14:52 wizzyrea manual?
14:52 wahanui i heard manual was at
14:52 wizzyrea keke
14:52 chris_n lol
14:52 wizzyrea j/k <3
14:52 chris_n :-)
14:52 chris_n hand me a cup of coffee and I won't hold it against you ;-)
14:52 chris_n uh
14:52 chris_n without the pen please
14:52 * wizzyrea hands chris_n a cup of coffee and runs away
14:53 wizzyrea (no pen)
14:53 wizzyrea (find your own spoon)
14:53 oleonard chris_n: Do you take it black? Or blue?
14:53 wizzyrea or silver?
14:53 chris_n sometimes both :P
14:53 wizzyrea depends on how strong it is
14:53 oleonard Sparkle pink gel coffee?
14:54 chris_n hehe
14:54 kf hmmm
14:54 kf bug 5347
14:54 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , late order management
14:54 kf we have a disgreement here :) some more opinions needed :)
14:55 alex_a does anyone know why "acqui/" no more exists in koha 3.6
14:55 alex_a ?
14:55 kf what's it supposed to do?
14:56 kf and not sure alex_a - what does git say?
14:56 * oleonard wonders if there's a good way to get git to tell you when something was removed
14:56 * wizzyrea was wondering the same thing
14:56 chris_n its not possible afaik
14:56 kf alex_a:  now you distracted everyone from my bug question! :)
14:57 jcamins git log -- acqui/
14:57 alex_a lol
14:57 wizzyrea git log --diff-filter=D --summary
14:57 chris_n does that work jcamins
14:57 wizzyrea says googlez
14:57 kf hm it's stilll inked from acq.js
14:57 alex_a git log -p | grep give me so many things
14:57 jcamins chris_n: seems to.
14:58 chris_n very nice
14:58 jcamins It does something, anyway.
14:58 chris_n heh
14:58 jcamins Everything to do with acquisitions is gibberish, so I can't say if it's telling us the correct things.
14:58 alex_a jcamins: thx :)
14:58 kf[…]sort_dropbox&sr=1
14:58 jcamins alex_a: you're welcome.
14:59 * chris_n breaks down and reads the manual
15:00 chris_n a cool enh would be to link the name of the syspref in the admin interface to the exact spot in the online docs
15:00 wizzyrea oh, that would be cool.
15:01 chris_n or even have a tool-tip which contained the basic description
15:01 kf both cool ideas
15:02 kf but make it fetch the description from the manual perhaps...
15:02 Soupermanito left #koha
15:02 chris_n hmm
15:02 chris_n am I missing something or is there no help for ceilingDueDate in the 3.6 manual?
15:02 wizzyrea ceiling due date i think is not what you're looking for
15:03 chris_n globalDueDate
15:03 chris_n ?
15:03 jcamins No, I think that's right.
15:03 jcamins It's the latest date on which something can be due.
15:03 chris_n ceiling sounds like what I want, but I'm not sure what I want
15:03 wizzyrea
15:03 chris_n opps
15:03 wizzyrea that could suck if you have lots of rules
15:04 chris_n the production system is not at that version yet :P
15:04 wizzyrea oic
15:04 chris_n so ceilingDueDate won't work you think?
15:04 wizzyrea well it should
15:04 wizzyrea in theory
15:04 jcamins chris_n: I don't see it in the manual either.
15:04 reiveune left #koha
15:05 chris_n well, we'll find out if that works
15:05 chris_n a description sure would be nice, though... for those who are not risk takers
15:06 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:06 chris_n just got to remember to unset it when they open back up :)
15:06 jcamins @later tell nengard Are hard due dates documented in the manual?
15:06 huginn` jcamins: The operation succeeded.
15:06 nengard jcamins yes
15:06 jcamins nengard: oh, you're here.
15:06 nengard http://manual.koha-community.o[…]tml#circfinerules
15:07 wizzyrea yea, but that's not the syspref ceilingduedate
15:07 Soupermanito left #koha
15:07 wizzyrea chris_n: what version *is* your production using?
15:07 nengard didn't we remove the ceilingduedate preference?
15:07 wizzyrea because I'm pretty sure the manuals for all of the 3.2+ versions are available
15:07 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:07 wizzyrea perhaps you were poking at the wrong one ;)
15:08 jcamins nengard: tell larryb to check the expiration headers on
15:08 chris_n from the commit message: This adds a feature and system preference: ceilingDueDate.  If this is
15:08 chris_n set to a valid ( according to dateformat syspref ) date, then calculated
15:08 chris_n due dates will be less than this date.
15:08 sekjal global and ceiling due dates were removed in favour of the Hard Due Dates dev
15:08 chris_n ahh
15:08 sekjal this puts the controls for such behaviour at the circ matrix level, instead of a system-wide level
15:08 chris_n that's what I get for running an old version
15:08 jcamins nengard: the reason I didn't see it is that I had a *really old* version cached.
15:08 sekjal also adds "floor due date"
15:08 wizzyrea http://manual.koha-community.o[…]on.html#circprefs
15:08 wizzyrea ctrl-f -> ceiling
15:08 alex_a found ! bug 6181
15:09 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6181 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , Remove CGI::scrolling_list from C4:Budgets
15:09 jcamins chris_n: sorry, I thought we were talking about hard due dates all along.
15:09 wizzyrea hey! that's the one I thought it was!
15:09 wizzyrea :D
15:09 talljoy wizzyrea: am thinking point side up is worse.  the open ink container is pointing down then right into the coffee.
15:09 * alex_a don't understand why has been deleted
15:09 * jcamins didn't know about the syspref.
15:09 wizzyrea well, it has a cap on it
15:09 wizzyrea :P
15:09 wizzyrea it's one of those bic ones
15:09 * talljoy notes she is way behind in her reading....oops
15:10 jcamins nengard: Apache expiration headers, I mean.
15:10 chris_n k, thanks for the help all
15:10 oleonard alex_a: Are you sure it ever existed?
15:10 wizzyrea it did, it was removed in bug 6181
15:11 oleonard Oh sorry, not keeping up.
15:11 wizzyrea all good
15:12 oleonard alex_a: Looks like it was probably just a mistake
15:12 alex_a oleonard: yes. i found the patch:
15:12 alex_a --- a/acqui/ +++ /dev/null
15:12 alex_a hop ... deleted
15:13 * alex_a believes oleonard is right
15:13 chris_n it shouldn't be too hard to revert
15:15 alex_a chris_n: nope indeed. but i want to see why it has been delete before
15:15 alex_a and make sure i can revert that
15:15 paul_p alex_a & chris_n => I feel it has be deleted silently, without anyone caring
15:16 libsysguy joined #koha
15:16 libsysguy morning #Koha
15:16 chris_n howdy libsysguy
15:16 paul_p it was announced 3 subs were deleted, I (when QAing seem to have miss a file had been deleted as well !)
15:17 libsysguy paul_p that doesn't sound good
15:17 libsysguy hey chris_n
15:17 chris_n maybe we need to pay our QA folks more :-)
15:17 chris_n or at least give them more chocolate or some such
15:17 oleonard Does this revised debarred statement make sense?
15:17 oleonard I'm trying to integrate the comment clearly
15:18 jcamins chocolate++
15:18 alex_a chris_n: lol
15:18 chris_n seems very clear to me oleonard
15:18 nengard oleonard that is cute :)
15:18 nengard and clear
15:18 nengard what happens if they are automatically restricted (from overdues)
15:18 chris_n maybe add "this means you!"
15:18 reiveune1 joined #koha
15:19 nengard and it should say 'lift restriction' on the button
15:19 reiveune1 left #koha
15:19 nengard not debarment since we removed that language
15:19 wizzyrea indeed
15:19 oleonard Yeah
15:19 * sekjal is motivated by chocolate
15:20 reiveune1 joined #koha
15:21 * paul_p start working on cataloguing plugins that make hugin complain...
15:21 wizzyrea seems fine to me
15:21 paul_p sekjal, did you see my comments on bug 7170 ?
15:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7170 normal, P3, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Remove use of XML::Simple
15:21 wizzyrea but yea, nengard's right  it should say "restriction"
15:21 wizzyrea instead of debarment
15:21 sekjal paul_p:  not yet, still getting through my morning email backlog
15:22 paul_p The more I investigate,the more I feel that the solution is persistency !
15:22 paul_p (which I was sure since a long time, but now, numbers tend to prove this feeling)
15:23 sekjal so perhaps the other implementation that rangi referenced on bug 6193 would be more effective
15:23 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6193 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tomascohen, ASSIGNED , Use memcached cache koha-conf.xml configuration variables
15:25 sekjal kf++ (for signoff on bug 7093).  thanks!
15:25 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7093 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, ian.walls, NEW , Placeholders for suggestion table in suggestion related mails broken
15:26 paul_p sekjal, I don't think so, memcache means one more http request to call memcache server, it usually show no speed improvement.
15:26 nengard self around?
15:26 nengard or slef :)
15:26 * jcamins looks at bug 1633.
15:26 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1633 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kmkale, ASSIGNED , Add ability to take book cover images from local img db
15:27 sekjal paul_p:  as I recall, I was surprised by the difference in the NYT::Prof numbers and the actual execution time on the page
15:27 sekjal well, it was an interesting experiment
15:28 jcamins Hm. I guess kmkale won't be around for another 12 hours, will he?
15:28 kf sekjal: thx to you!
15:28 kf sekjal: we are 'almost' there now - the available is still missing
15:29 * chris_n forgets the verbose switch and then stares blankly a the screen wondering why there was no output
15:29 nengard @later tell slef i really need some kohacon dates so i can put it on my calendar - things are filling up fast fast fast and i can't leave the whole month open
15:29 huginn` nengard: The operation succeeded.
15:30 sekjal kf:  AVAILABLE notice should work if it's triggered.  the trick is making sure it's triggered (I think)
15:30 jcamins Thoughts on me modifying bug 1633 to allow non-cover images as well?
15:30 kf nengard: check the meeting protocol from yesterday
15:30 kf sekjal: yes, the trigger is broken
15:30 oleonard jcamins: non-cover images?
15:30 kf sekjal: the status is not set, I tried receive and an additional check in
15:31 nengard meeting protocol?
15:31 jcamins oleonard: yes, so that you could store additional images of an item.
15:31 jcamins nengard: minutes.
15:31 nengard k
15:31 nengard are they on the wiki?
15:31 jcamins meeting minutes?
15:32 jcamins Ah well.
15:32 jcamins They should be linked on the wiki, at least.
15:32 kf or irc logs?
15:32 wahanui irc logs are ibot's friend :) or at
15:32 oleonard jcamins: What would you change? Storage of more than one image?
15:33 kf[…]11-12-07#i_836614
15:33 jcamins oleonard: yes.
15:33 nengard the minutes don't say a date:[…]-12-07-18.00.html
15:33 nengard and the wiki doesn't link to the right part of the log:[…],_7_December_2011
15:33 oleonard "Yeah. I thought we had an agreement, but then what we were mailed diverged in some important ways, so round we go again. I'm 98% sure we'll be 5th-11th June 2012."
15:34 oleonard[…]11-12-07#i_836628
15:34 wizzyrea oh
15:34 wizzyrea the logs have moved
15:34 wizzyrea to
15:34 wizzyrea /irclog
15:36 Oak joined #koha
15:36 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7337] "Debarred Until" display in the opac tells patrons they are debarred until the year 9999 <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7337>
15:36 Oak kia ora #koha
15:36 jcamins oleonard: and add a tab for showing additional images, I think.
15:36 Oak @seen druthb
15:36 huginn` Oak: druthb was last seen in #koha 2 days, 21 hours, 41 minutes, and 29 seconds ago: <druthb> :D
15:36 oleonard jcamins: The way Amazon handles it could be a model
15:37 Oak how was the meeting kf?
15:37 jcamins oleonard: how does Amazon handle it?
15:37 kf Oak: ok :)
15:37 Oak ok :)
15:37 julian_m left #koha
15:38 oleonard jcamins:
15:38 jcamins oleonard: oh, I see what you mean.
15:38 jcamins Yeah, that would be very cool.
15:45 julian_m joined #koha
15:56 jcamins What size are cover images supposed to be?
15:56 wizzyrea oh speaking of cover size images
15:56 wizzyrea openlibrary
15:56 wizzyrea it's using the small one
15:56 wizzyrea we should probably be using medium
15:57 * jcamins is looking at local cover images, not openlibrary. :P
15:57 wizzyrea :) I figured as much but I just remembered what I had discovered when testing openlibrary.
15:57 wizzyrea the images are smaaal
15:57 wizzyrea l
15:57 jcamins 173x121? What an odd size.
16:00 jcamins Hmmm...
16:00 Soupermanito left #koha
16:01 sekjal wizzyrea and oleonard re: bug 7337.  'debarred' field is also used in the opac/ for overdues to indicate account is frozen
16:01 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7337 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , "Debarred Until" display in the opac tells patrons they are debarred until the year 9999
16:01 sekjal not sure if that's the same debarred or not
16:01 sekjal can you confirm that a debarred user with items still checked out gets an "account frozen" message in their overdues table?
16:02 jcamins sekjal: what's your philosophy on major revisions to someone else's patch as a counter-proposal?
16:02 oleonard sekjal: I was testing with a user with overdues, setting debarred, debarred with a date, debarred with a comment, etc.
16:03 jcamins Uhhh... where is the Koha namespace?
16:03 wizzyrea ^^ was wondering that myself
16:03 kf hm
16:03 kf I think in kohaclone?
16:03 kf or your directory
16:03 * oleonard checks under his desk
16:03 kf same level as C4?
16:04 jcamins kf: that's what I would've thought.
16:04 kf is it in yet?
16:04 sekjal the Koha namespace would be at the same level as C4
16:04 jcamins sekjal: heeeeellllllpppp!!!!
16:04 sekjal none of our current patches have created it yet, though
16:04 * jcamins is feeling very excitable, apparently.
16:04 jcamins Oh.
16:04 jcamins Okay.
16:04 sekjal hourly loans and the accounts rewrite both plan to make use of it
16:04 jcamins So I didn't do anything disastrous.
16:04 sekjal hopefully so too will Solr
16:04 jcamins How does one create a new namespace?
16:05 jcamins Can I see it in hourly loans?
16:05 sekjal jcamins:  just add a Koha directory parallel to C4
16:05 sekjal fill with modules
16:05 jcamins Ah. Cool.
16:05 jcamins Thanks.
16:05 talljoy is now known as talljoy_DND
16:06 * jcamins resists the urge to bludgeon all the cover images stuff into the Koha namespace.
16:06 sekjal I'd like for the community to agree on a structure to the namespace before we start rushing to populate it
16:06 oleonard Oh, who wants to know about a new error with SQLHelper? :)
16:06 sekjal would be best to separate out tranactional logic from database access
16:07 sekjal oleonard:  ::sigh:: do tell
16:07 * chris_n runs away screaming
16:07 jcamins sekjal: I am implementing this now. I can either use modules, or, as kmkale's proposal did, put all the logic directly in .pl files.
16:07 oleonard Just an error in the log, I don't think it's actually serious.
16:07 sekjal jcamins:  any subroutines should be pull out into a module
16:07 oleonard Use of uninitialized value in pattern match (m//) at /home/oleonard/kohaclone/C4/ line 361
16:07 nengard woa - just did a fetch and see that i have tags and suggestions waiting on my staff client homepage
16:08 nengard time for some new manual edits!!! :)
16:08 jcamins sekjal: Koha::Covers::Local it is, then.
16:08 sekjal nengard: I know, right?!  pretty neat
16:08 nengard neat - but it's bugging me the way it looks :)
16:08 oleonard Uh oh
16:08 oleonard Lay it on me
16:08 nengard the right column is longer than the left now and I'm nuts  - it's just unbalanced
16:08 nengard oleonard - totally not you - all me :) hehe
16:09 * jcamins agrees.
16:09 nengard that i'm nuts? :)
16:09 oleonard Oh that's easy nengard, just take away your own cataloging privileges and it'll even up ;)
16:09 nengard LOL
16:09 oleonard Or you could think of it as incentive to deal with those pending operations?
16:09 oleonard MUST. BALANCE. COLUMNS!
16:09 nengard Exactly!!
16:10 nengard see how jcamins didn't answer my question ?
16:10 oleonard Next I'll add some CSS so that as the numbers go higher the blue changes to yellow, then red.
16:10 jcamins nengard: I don't know what you're talking about.
16:10 nengard oleonard do comments show too?
16:10 nengard HA!
16:11 * wizzyrea mutters about not being able to find any items to check out because she needs to reindex her test server.
16:11 wizzyrea this is what making test databases does for you.
16:12 wizzyrea MUCKS IT ALL UP.
16:12 * wizzyrea mutters more
16:12 nengard :(
16:12 wizzyrea :) all ok, just had to let that out -- all fixed now though!
16:12 wizzyrea whoot!
16:14 sekjal wizzyrea:  in my (non-existent) free time, I want to write a koha database sanity check test script to run against production systems.
16:14 sekjal might be complementary to your project
16:14 wizzyrea ooo
16:15 sekjal check for things like item values corresponding to proper AV values, codes in all caps, no trailing whitespace in codes, etc
16:15 wizzyrea basically that test db I made has 11x bibs in it and a serial subscription.
16:15 wizzyrea the rest is sample data
16:15 wizzyrea which makes me think
16:15 sekjal also, for some of the more esoteric data structure restrictions in accountlines and reserves that aren't enforced by the DB
16:16 wizzyrea that it might be just as well to add a tickbox of optional data "for testing"
16:16 oleonard I have a home-grown PHP script that checks ccodes and itemtypes against authorised values
16:16 wizzyrea oo
16:16 wizzyrea I like all of these things.
16:16 oleonard Useful because we import most of our MARC data
16:17 asaurat left #koha
16:18 wizzyrea possibly :)
16:19 kf grr
16:19 kf why does every block in memberentry have an id except for the main adress?
16:21 wizzyrea oleonard++ love that pending stuff to do display
16:21 wizzyrea so great.
16:21 paul_p chris_n ?
16:21 wahanui release maintainer for 3.2, 3.4, and 3.6.
16:21 chris_n hi paul_p
16:22 paul_p hi chris_n. I don't understand: your comment to 6679: The latest round of patches for this bug do not apply cleanly to 3.6.x. Please
16:22 paul_p attach corrected patches to this bug report.
16:22 paul_p where do you get the patches from ?
16:22 paul_p the git branch ?
16:22 kf wb paul_p
16:22 paul_p kf, why back ? I never left (at least today) !
16:22 chris_n paul_p: five hours ago there were three commits from 6679 to master
16:22 wizzyrea so ok, we are eliminating debarred as a word?
16:23 kf hm. ok
16:23 chris_n they don't apply to 3.6.x cleanly
16:23 wizzyrea replacing it with restricted?
16:23 nengard yes
16:23 chris_n hence my request
16:23 kf ignore it then ;)
16:23 nengard i thought we had done that already ? replaced debarred with restricted
16:23 wizzyrea it's still in the member edit screen
16:23 chris_n paul_p: actually 4 commits
16:23 nengard uh oh! :)
16:23 wizzyrea and on the button to "lift debarment"
16:23 kf perhaps crept back in with fine in days?
16:23 nengard maybe
16:23 paul_p I understood that. What I don't understand is where do you get your patches from. The branch on git or the attached patches ?
16:23 nengard cause i know i removed it from the button before
16:23 nengard and i thought the patron edit page as well
16:23 wizzyrea possibly
16:24 wizzyrea either way
16:24 wahanui i guess either way is workable though imho
16:24 chris_n paul_p: I always cherry-pick from master unless there is something specific to the maintenance branch code
16:24 wizzyrea i'll nuke it out :)
16:24 wizzyrea again
16:24 * oleonard gets distracted by his report of records with invalid item types
16:25 chris_n paul_p: if a commit does not cherry-pick cleanly, the bug report gets a comment to that effect requesting the author to rebase and reformat if the patch should apply to the maintenance branch
16:25 wizzyrea sekjal: i'm not sure what you're asking about re: overdues?
16:25 wizzyrea and the debarment?
16:25 paul_p chris_n, mmm... which cherry pick fail ?
16:26 chris_n all three
16:26 chris_n four
16:26 chris_n sorry
16:26 Guillaume1 left #koha
16:27 chris_n no need to loose time over it; rangi will fix them up
16:27 paul_p the fact is that I had problem to apply them, and rangi  told me I should merge master onto new/bug_6679 first, then apply them. I did that, and it worked well from here.
16:27 paul_p chris_n, I hope.
16:27 jcamins chris_n: did you write
16:27 chris_n that's because the procedure you all are using to push to master is different
16:27 paul_p (and jenkins still complaining, but i've submitted a patch for the 3 complains, that are unimarc plugin related -missing use strict-)
16:27 sekjal wizzyrea:  if a patron is debarred, they should get that message in the OPAC (as it's been fixed now), but if they have overdues, their renewal button in the overdues table should be "Account Frozen" instead of anything actionable
16:27 chris_n paul_p: but don't worry :)
16:27 wizzyrea ohh
16:28 wizzyrea ok thanks will check
16:28 chris_n jcamins: do I want to claim ownership?
16:28 chris_n jcamins: "long, long ago, and in a galaxy far, far away..."
16:29 wizzyrea and you are saying that it's not working? (I seem to have observed that it does not)
16:29 wizzyrea (as I was just able to renew an item)
16:29 jcamins chris_n: excellent. I'm trying to decide whether it's best to pass file names or the contents of files to a new C4 module I am creating.
16:29 wizzyrea (for a debarred patron)
16:29 jenkins_koha Starting build 17 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
16:29 chris_n jcamins: refresh my memory on where that file is and I'll look
16:30 jcamins chris_n: to clarify, this is for cover images, which uses code copy-pasted from
16:30 jcamins tools/
16:30 chris_n "STILL UNSTABLE" *sigh*
16:30 jcamins Incidentally, there's a bug in the image resize code.
16:30 oleonard sekjal is right wizzyrea, I need to go back and revise
16:30 wizzyrea kk
16:30 wizzyrea sorry I missed that :/
16:30 oleonard Me too :)
16:31 chris_n jcamins: actually, I only did a massive bit of reworking on it
16:31 wizzyrea sekjal++ for catching it
16:31 wizzyrea "massive bit"
16:31 jcamins chris_n: ah, denying ownership now that you've seen it? :P
16:32 wizzyrea sorry, RESTRICTED patron.
16:32 wizzyrea keke
16:32 julian_m left #koha
16:32 chris_n jcamins: hard to tell
16:33 chris_n jcamins: I think I was working off of some cut-and-paste
16:33 chris_n but I am responsible for the larger part of any mess there
16:33 jcamins chris_n: heh. So I'm working on a cut-and-paste of your cut-and-paste.
16:34 jcamins I'm passing the source image in.
16:34 chris_n yeah, and it is ugly
16:34 chris_n passing around a blob of the images is best in my experience
16:34 chris_n /images/image/
16:35 jcamins Better to pass around the GD::Image or the data?
16:35 chris_n once its a GD object you can do all sorts of manipulations to it
16:35 jcamins GD::Image, then?
16:35 chris_n the object
16:35 jcamins Cool.
16:35 chris_n right-o
16:35 jcamins That's much easier.
16:35 oleonard I remember fixing this bug with restricted opac users and renewals once before.
16:35 jcamins If you said "data," my next question was going to be "how?" ;)
16:35 chris_n I'm safe:
16:35 chris_n =head1 AUTHORS
16:35 chris_n 306
16:35 chris_n 307 Original contributor(s) undocumented
16:35 chris_n 308
16:36 chris_n jcamins: I did write a routine to store them as blobs in the db
16:36 chris_n which is really cool
16:36 chris_n and then a routine to push them out to the templates
16:36 mfann joined #koha
16:36 matts is now known as matts_away
16:36 chris_n some folks don't think we should burden the db with large blobs, however
16:36 * oleonard has heard that recommended against before
16:36 chris_n never did any performance testing on it, though
16:37 kf soemthing is wrong with my jquery (
16:37 * chris_n always argued that your HDD structure is a db
16:37 jcamins chris_n: if they come up with another way of storing large pieces of data, they are welcome to share that.
16:37 kf found it
16:39 chris_n jcamins: here's the routine to get a db image out to the template if you care to look at it:
16:40 * jcamins suspects that that code was copied wholesale as well.
16:40 chris_n no
16:40 chris_n that is original
16:40 jcamins No, I mean, I suspect that kmkale copied that routine wholeslae from *you*.
16:40 jcamins s/wholeslae/wholesale/
16:41 chris_n ahh
16:42 wizzyrea anybody have objections to this edit to the sign off howto page on the wiki:[…]ng_off_on_patches
16:42 chris_n probably should include 'prove xt as well
16:42 chris_n '
16:42 wizzyrea k
16:43 chris_n looks good otherwise to me
16:44 * chris_n notes that the "Test It" subsection is rather barren
16:45 wizzyrea hehe yea
16:46 oleonard I've seen Drupal modules with more documentation than that! Oh wait, no I haven't.
16:46 chris_n lol
16:47 * wizzyrea was always concerned about what exactly the responsibility of the signoffer was
16:47 wizzyrea thought I'd make it a bit more clear, since we had that lovely discussion yesterday.
16:48 wizzyrea "omg they'll cane me if I miss something!"
16:49 wizzyrea oleonard: what was your new problem with sqlhelper?
16:50 oleonard A pretty odd case, and just an error in the log I think.
16:50 * jcamins ponders error-handling.
16:50 oleonard If you have a patron who is debarred and has a debarred unil date...
16:51 oleonard ...and you change debarred to 'no' without deleting the debarred date you'll see the error in the log
16:51 oleonard ...but it doesn't prevent the removal of the debarred flag
16:51 wizzyrea hrm
16:51 oleonard ...and it *does* remove the debarred until date
16:51 wizzyrea this is "fine in days" right?
16:51 wizzyrea or is that something else
16:51 oleonard I think that's something else
16:52 wizzyrea okies
16:52 wizzyrea this is "I want to ban that kid who threw the computer across the room for a week"
16:52 oleonard That's a long time to be throwing a computer across the room.
16:52 wizzyrea hence why he's banned.
16:54 chris_n grammar++
16:54 wizzyrea fine
16:54 wizzyrea "i want to ban that kid for a week because he threw the computer across the room"
16:54 wizzyrea feel better? ;)
16:55 chris_n well, sometimes folks do let things go on a bit longer than maybe one would think they should...
16:55 * jcamins prefers to give kids the benefit of the doubt for a little while.
16:55 oleonard
16:56 * jcamins awards the "weirdest error handling EVAR" prize to the code that chris_n borrowed.
16:57 * chris_n wonders
16:58 * wizzyrea laughs
16:58 chris_n food calling, bbiab
17:02 * jcamins adds additional features and reduces the SLOC.
17:06 melia joined #koha
17:08 mfann left #koha
17:11 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #17: STILL UNSTABLE in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/17/
17:11 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Jenkins complaining = fixing number of tests
17:11 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Allowing eval require
17:11 jenkins_koha * colin.campbell: Bug 6987 Make return from Overdues::GetFine consistent
17:11 jenkins_koha * jaker: Bug 7020 Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details
17:11 jenkins_koha * Katrin.Fischer.83: Bug 7116: White space on item form for bulk ordering from staged file
17:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
17:11 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
17:11 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Bug 7259 - Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
17:11 jenkins_koha * chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 08 Dec 2011 16:17:37 Z
17:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6987 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, colin.campbell, ASSIGNED , C4::Overdues::GetFine returns inconsistent
17:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7020 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, jaker, ASSIGNED , Items with no checkouts report does not output call number, barcode or item details
17:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7116 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED , Item form when ordering in batch from staged marc has lots of white space for hidden fields
17:11 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7259 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , Show a count of items pending approval on staff client home and tools pages
17:12 oleonard Man I am so distractable today. Don't show me anything shiny.
17:12 rhcl_away[…]/bright_shiny.jpg
17:14 oleonard Okay, funny story: My family and I were doing the tourist thing in Chicago and visiting the Bean, taking pictures etc.
17:14 jcamins Does anyone have at their fingertips an example of getting a Perl list out of MySQL?
17:15 oleonard This young Japanese woman is having her picture taken, she asks my kids to be in her picture
17:15 oleonard So somewhere out there someone has my kids in their photo album
17:15 oleonard "Check out these American kids I found!"
17:15 wizzyrea also funny, in the Sydney airport trea was playing his uke to pass the time
17:15 wizzyrea japanese tourists kept coming by and taking his picture
17:16 wizzyrea so somewhere out there, some japanese person thinks they saw some kind of ukulele star in the sydney airport
17:16 wizzyrea oleonard: that's a great story.
17:16 oleonard Proof that the ukulele is a traditional Australian instrument.
17:16 wizzyrea i... i guess.
17:17 jcamins What?
17:18 sophie_m left #koha
17:19 jcamins while (my $row = $sth->fetchrow_hashref) { push @imagenumbers, $row{'imagenumber'};
17:19 jcamins }
17:19 jcamins ^^ Will that work?
17:20 kf paul_p++ :)
17:20 paul_p kf thx ! (and hope to have you again !)
17:20 jcamins $row->{'imagenumber'}?
17:20 maximep joined #koha
17:22 jcamins $row->{'ukelele'}?
17:22 wizzyrea ukUlele
17:22 wizzyrea ooo koo lay lee
17:22 jcamins wizzyrea: if I change it to 'u', will it retrieve data from the database?
17:22 jcamins :P
17:23 oleonard You kew lay lee?
17:23 wizzyrea oh right you're from ohio.
17:23 oleonard Yewkle lay le?
17:23 wizzyrea lol
17:23 kf paul_p: hope I can come - it was great last year
17:24 wizzyrea jcamins: you might look in
17:24 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:24 * jcamins heads into the city.
17:24 wizzyrea lots of pulling lists of stuff from mysql in there
17:24 wizzyrea if you can put aside the fact that it's frightening in there, it can be instructive.
17:25 jcamins wizzyrea: very frightening!
17:25 jcamins However, good call.
17:25 jcamins I found an example of what I want just now, and I did it right. :)
17:25 jcamins I'll be back in a few hours.
17:25 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
17:25 wizzyrea later
17:31 wizzyrea hey oleonard
17:31 wahanui oleonard is the master UI designer of koha or an awesome bug wrangler
17:31 wizzyrea did you realize that we were working on bug 7337
17:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7337 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , "Debarred Until" display in the opac tells patrons they are debarred until the year 9999
17:31 wizzyrea does that mean we're leet now?
17:32 oleonard We don't need a bug to tell us that
17:33 wizzyrea hehe
17:33 wizzyrea o/*\o
17:34 oleonard Ooo, scary praying mantis
17:34 wizzyrea hmm
17:34 wizzyrea the * is the sound high fiving makes
17:34 oleonard :)
17:35 wizzyrea :D
17:36 sophie_m joined #koha
17:38 sekjal left #koha
17:44 ago43 is now known as ago_away
17:44 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7337] "Debarred Until" display in the opac tells patrons they are debarred until the year 9999 <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7337>
17:46 wizzyrea oleonard: attachment 6671 is incorporated in your revision? or accidentally obsoleted?
17:46 huginn` Attachment[…]=6671&action=edit patch, Bug 7337 - Followup - Correcting instances of "debar" that crept back in., Bug-7337---Followup---Correc​ting-instances-of-deba.patch
17:46 oleonard The new patch replaces the old one.
17:47 chris_n ooo.. huginn does attachments
17:47 oleonard attachment 3!
17:47 huginn` Attachment 3 was not found or is not accessible.
17:47 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
17:47 wizzyrea right, 6671 was my patch to fix the buttons on the staff side debar -> restrict
17:47 wizzyrea not my signoff >.>
17:48 kf bye all :)
17:48 kf left #koha
17:48 oleonard sorry, looking again
17:48 wizzyrea byekf
17:48 wizzyrea oh it's ok
17:48 gaetan_B left #koha
17:48 wizzyrea i'll just fix it if you want, but I didn't know if that was intentional
17:49 oleonard No not intentional
17:49 * oleonard didn't see that you had already obsoleted the original patch
17:49 wizzyrea k i'll fix it - and the revision looks good, renewal buttons are gone
17:49 wizzyrea oleonard++
17:50 paul_p left #koha
17:50 * oleonard really wants to go to Hackfest in Europe 2012
17:50 oleonard I should go and just stay until KohaCon ;)
17:52 botanica joined #koha
17:52 * wizzyrea remembers to run prove xt this time
17:53 botanica Hi, I have a new install of Koha, imported MARC from Follett.  How can I batch process all records to have a single holding?  They imported but nothing has a holding.
17:54 oleonard botanica: If holdings didn't import, doesn't that mean you should start over and try again?
17:54 wizzyrea botanica: koha keeps it's items in the 952 fields
17:54 wizzyrea its
17:55 botanica So, populate 952 with a value before import?
17:55 wizzyrea precisely, and tell the import to bring in items as well as bibs
17:55 rangi well those new fails on jenkins just prove that once again people are not running unit tests
17:56 botanica Gotcha,  thanks!
17:58 botanica left #koha
17:59 sophie_m left #koha
18:02 oleonard 9 out of 10 of the most-checked-out items in our collections over the last 12 months were DVDs
18:02 oleonard The 1 book was Smokin' seventeen by Janet Evanovich
18:03 wizzyrea this is probably reflective of our collection as well
18:03 reiveune1 bye
18:03 wizzyrea bye
18:03 reiveune1 left #koha
18:03 oleonard You were ready
18:03 wizzyrea i lie in constant wait for "bye"
18:03 wizzyrea no, just kidding
18:04 wizzyrea hrm, I can't seem to convince prove to run the tests in xt/author
18:05 wizzyrea oh, nm it worked in the directory
18:06 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
18:06 francharb is now known as francharb_afk
18:13 talljoy_DND left #koha
18:18 wizzyrea with a fresh pull I am not actually seeing the failures jenkins is reporting
18:22 sekjal joined #koha
18:22 Oak left #koha
18:27 adminacct joined #koha
18:27 rangi running the perlcritic tests?
18:28 wizzyrea oo, probably not. One sec.
18:28 rangi perl t/00-testcritic.t
18:28 rangi I just signed off on pauls fix
18:29 rangi the 00 ones are good to run
18:29 rangi my git hooks stop me committing if they fail
18:29 maximep except 00-load that seems to destroy my web server -_-
18:29 rangi they check for conflict markers etc as well
18:30 rangi weird, works for me
18:30 maximep takes many gigs of ram for me
18:30 rangi u dont have circular symlinks or something?
18:30 wizzyrea hehe that would make it go omg omg omg
18:31 wizzyrea ad infinitum.
18:31 maximep it finishes and runs, just takes more than 2 gigs of ram
18:31 maximep i dont think we have symlinks
18:31 maximep except the main folder
18:32 rangi hmm ill have to test it, I might not have noticed
18:33 ago_away is now known as ago43
18:35 * libsysguy is about to be brave and try the authorities import script
18:36 rangi on staging first right?
18:36 wizzyrea ^^
18:36 adminacct left #koha
18:38 sekjal speaking of unit tests, anyone run the SIP test suite lately?
18:38 libsysguy staging?
18:38 libsysguy you mean like a test machine
18:38 libsysguy yes
18:39 * wizzyrea was about to
18:39 libsysguy *also hourly branch is now merged*
18:39 libsysguy cries a little everytime
18:39 bag any package guru's around?
18:40 bag I've got this in my cron.daily    -->   koha-foreach --enabled /[MY PATH]/ --lost 30=1 --charge 1 --confirm
18:40 bag and I had edited and changed the --lost 30=1 (and so on)
18:40 bag but I'm not seeing it work
18:41 bag if I edit that in cron.daily -- do I need to re-enable it or something
18:41 bag if not - then I've got a few other things that I could/need to check
18:43 cait joined #koha
18:43 cait hi again #koha
18:43 rangi heya cait
18:43 magnuse guten abend cait
18:43 cait morning rangi
18:43 cait guten abend magnuse
18:44 bag libsysguy: hourly branch is merged?  (where?)
18:44 chris_n wb cait
18:44 bag heya cait
18:44 cait I tihnk there is a branch on his bug
18:44 cait or on this bug
18:45 sekjal bag:  I think libsysguy means he just merged current master into his hourly branch on his repo
18:45 bag ahhh…
18:45 libsysguy yeah '
18:45 bag I was going to jump up and down - otherwise
18:45 libsysguy sorry
18:45 libsysguy with glee bag?
18:46 bag yup
18:46 libsysguy yeah i know you guys have a lot of people waiting on it
18:48 sekjal once we get a public test server, we can get more eyes on it, and hopefully find some of the critical/blocker fringe cases you haven't run into libsysguy
18:48 wizzyrea bag - it's not running?
18:49 bag well I've got a few examples of where the data was not changed - so I'd say no it didn't run
18:49 chris_n bag: we're going to begin running libsysguy's branch live in Jan
18:49 chris_n fwiw
18:49 chris_n hopefully that will help scare out bugs
18:49 wizzyrea ^^ and will be supergood testing
18:49 bag awesome!  we should really get that merged in… so you could just pull master in Jan :)
18:50 chris_n hehe
18:50 libsysguy ^^^^^^
18:51 libsysguy if it gets merged by Jan I'll be the one buying the first round
18:53 rangi heh it wont without a crap tonne of testing but chris_n will help with that
18:53 rangi its all the weird fringe cases
18:53 bag stop running master in production and master should become testing ;)
18:54 * rangi never runs it in production
18:54 bag wasn't pointing at you dood :)
18:54 bag heh
18:54 rangi but that would work only for part of the cycle
18:54 rangi cos closing in on release it has to be stable
18:55 nengard left #koha
18:55 rangi but ppl could run testing branches that track master + something
18:55 rangi like libsysguy
18:55 rangi that helps a lot
18:55 * libsysguy has to
18:55 sekjal running master is a lot of work
18:56 rangi yup
18:56 libsysguy otherwise we wouldn't be able to run koha without all the "fringe" features
18:56 wizzyrea expectation management.
18:57 rangi ok my stop
18:57 rangi bbiab
18:57 wizzyrea safe travels :P
18:57 wizzyrea ohh, jing has a "copy" feature now
18:58 wizzyrea for doing things like pasting into email
18:58 wizzyrea very handy.
18:59 jenkins_koha Starting build 18 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
19:02 ibeardslee NZ does have some 'fun' with trademarks ..[…]uperman-trademark
19:02 yhager joined #koha
19:02 wizzyrea lol srsly
19:05 rangi :)
19:05 rangi back with coffee and a muffin
19:05 wizzyrea mmm muffins.
19:05 bag mmm… coffee
19:05 bag heh wizzyrea - coffee sounds better right now :)
19:06 * chris_n hands rangi a bic pen
19:06 rangi heh
19:06 wizzyrea shush, you should not defile nz coffees with pens
19:07 rangi ibeardslee: when tppa goes through, that will never happen again
19:08 ibeardslee you mean a US corporate will never be stupid? or that we'll never be able to stand up for ourselves?
19:08 ibeardslee .. (apologies to any sane US corporates existing in this channel)
19:09 rangi the latter
19:09 wahanui the latter is what I was thinking you liked to. The former I hadn't been looking at.
19:09 rangi we'll never be able to have nz law apply to anything to do with IP
19:10 ibeardslee there is just so much that is wrong with the TPPA
19:10 rangi there is
19:10 ibeardslee I can't understand how we even think there is benefit for us .. that's 'us' as in us here in NZ as compare to 'us' as in 'USA'
19:11 rangi theres benefit for some people, but they are most definitely the 1%
19:12 magnuse wahanui: forget the latter
19:12 wahanui magnuse: I forgot latter
19:14 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
19:19 rangi chris_n: will make patches for those 3 commits now .. one patch ok?
19:22 libsysguy seen druthb
19:22 wahanui druthb was last seen on #koha 3 days, 1 hours, 27 minutes and 21 seconds ago, saying: :D [Mon Dec  5 17:52:49 2011]
19:22 libsysguy @random quote
19:22 huginn` libsysguy: Error: The command "random" is available in the Factoids and Quote plugins.  Please specify the plugin whose command you wish to call by using its name as a command before "random".
19:22 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
19:23 sekjal brb, #Koha
19:23 sekjal left #koha
19:23 wizzyrea @quote random
19:24 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #19: "<chris> i just want to yell things like don't kick the ball, pass it and Feed the backs" (added by jdavidb at 12:11 PM, July 27, 2009)
19:24 libsysguy cursed dislyxia
19:32 adminacct joined #koha
19:34 rangi 164!
19:34 wizzyrea to be signed off?
19:34 rangi nope ppl with patches in
19:34 wizzyrea oooo !
19:35 rangi[…]70ea4aab65eb9b8aa
19:36 rangi from mountain view, CA
19:36 wizzyrea noice!
19:36 cait 164?
19:36 rangi yup
19:37 cait that was fast
19:37 cait what happened after jon?
19:37 rangi jon was 164
19:37 cait aah
19:37 cait very nice
19:38 rangi martine renvoize was 161, adrien saurat 162 and albert oller is 163
19:39 rangi have to fix some frenglish in the docs/history.txt though :)
19:39 rangi Martin Renvoize becomes the 161th developer to have a patch pushed :)
19:39 rangi Albert Oller becomes the 163th developer to have a patch pushed
19:39 rangi english is so annoying
19:39 * wizzyrea nods
19:40 chris_n rangi: that will be fine
19:41 rangi ahh, sorry i put them on as 3 sep hehe
19:41 rangi but they are up there now ;)
19:41 chris_n no matter :)
19:41 * wizzyrea pokes qa on 7159.
19:41 * wizzyrea pokes QA on bug 7157 too.
19:41 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7157 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, wizzyrea, NEW , Improve the cronjob
19:41 cait heh
19:42 cait be careful
19:42 rangi 91 authors in 2011!!!
19:42 cait poking them too much might make them explode
19:42 wizzyrea squee!!!
19:42 cait squeee!
19:42 wizzyrea crikey that's a lot
19:42 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #18: STILL UNSTABLE in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/18/
19:42 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 5604 : Follow up for missing image
19:42 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5604 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, ASSIGNED , additional icons for the Seshat set
19:42 wizzyrea i guess the record.t patch hasn't made it in yet
19:43 rangi it has into master, not 3.6.x yet
19:43 wizzyrea oh that explains it.
19:43 wizzyrea der
19:43 rangi thats bug 7141 chris_n btw :)
19:43 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
19:43 oleonard So almost 2/3 of all the developers Koha has ever had were contributors in 2011
19:44 rangi pretty neat eh
19:44 rangi 67 in 2010
19:44 chris_n ?
19:44 wizzyrea oh, when are we having the xmas party :P
19:44 rangi 63 in 2009
19:44 rangi dude you were sposta speak to that at the meeting
19:44 rangi but you were off eating
19:44 wizzyrea MY OWN ARM OFF
19:44 rangi i puts it on the agenda for you
19:44 wizzyrea :P
19:44 rangi but no
19:44 rangi your stomach won
19:44 * wizzyrea sobs
19:44 rangi hehe
19:45 cait lol
19:45 rangi send a mail to the devel list maybe?
19:45 cait it's not too late
19:45 wizzyrea i'm just not as good at typing one-armed.
19:45 wizzyrea much more useful with 2
19:45 wizzyrea yes, I will email the devel list. sheesh.
19:46 rangi hehe
19:46 rangi lemme check the calendar
19:47 rangi how about 22nd december us time? thats 23rd nz
19:47 rangi (friday before xmas)
19:47 chris_n 7141 is in:[…]&st=commit&s=7141
19:47 rangi hmmm
19:47 cait hm works for me
19:48 rangi chris_n: there is a follow up
19:48 cait will be here until 23rd
19:48 * chris_n feels like a one-armed paper-hanger
19:48 rangi that fixes the failing test that happened after that commit ;)
19:48 rangi[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141
19:48 huginn` Bug 7141: normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
19:48 mfann joined #koha
19:49 chris_n done
19:49 rangi sweet
19:49 chris_n anything else I've missed while I'm in a pushy mood :-)
19:49 wizzyrea sweeet
19:49 rangi i think we should get a clean build for jenkins now!
19:49 * chris_n pokes jenkins_koha
19:49 wizzyrea make him do it now?
19:49 wizzyrea doo eeet
19:50 rangi !jenkins build koha_3.6.x now
19:50 jenkins_koha rangi: job koha_3.6.x build scheduled now
19:50 jenkins_koha Starting build 19 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE)
19:50 chris_n go! go! go!
19:51 cait heh
19:51 * cait puts a bowl of cookies into #koha
19:52 chris_n careful... you may cause a stampede
19:52 * wizzyrea gets the popcorn whilst waiting for jenkins
19:52 wizzyrea oo, popcorn.
19:54 cait yum popcorn
19:56 chris_n !huginn botsnack popcorn
19:56 chris_n opps
19:56 wizzyrea botsnack popcorn
19:56 chris_n !huginn` botsnack popcorn
19:56 wizzyrea gah I can never remember how that works.
19:56 cait !jenkins botsnack popcorn
19:56 jenkins_koha cait: you're so kind to me! how did you know that popcorn is my favorite food?
19:56 rangi !botsnack popcorn
19:56 rangi huginn`: eat some damn popcorn you fool
19:56 huginn` rangi: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
19:56 cait wahanui botsnack popcorn
19:56 wahanui :)
19:57 cait huginn botsnack popcorn
19:57 wizzyrea huginn` botsnack popcorn
19:57 huginn` wizzyrea: I'll give you the answer as soon as RDA is ready
19:57 chris_n moody bots
19:57 wizzyrea he's not hungry.
19:57 cait yeah
19:57 * oleonard will have to try "!toddler kidsnack broccoli"
19:58 wizzyrea hehe
19:58 oleonard Maybe you just have to get the command right
19:58 wizzyrea I have a hack for getting kiddos to hold your hand in unsafe areas
19:58 rangi glue?
19:58 wizzyrea ask them to keep you safe. Works on spud every time
19:58 rangi oh
19:58 rangi yeah thats more practical
19:58 wizzyrea lol
19:59 cait lol
19:59 Rural joined #koha
20:01 oleonard Hi Rural
20:01 Rural Backatcha.
20:02 Rural Hi. I'm installing Koha on a Debian Squeeze system. Everything is going swimmingly as I follow the instructions at[…]on_Debian_Squeeze. That is until I have to edit koha-sites.conf. That file doesn't exist.
20:02 wizzyrea I think it does say that you may have to create that file.
20:03 anthonyl joined #koha
20:03 Rural Well look at that!
20:03 wizzyrea After install, edit /etc/koha/koha-sites.conf with details about your site. You may need to create this file. Some example content would be: <example>
20:03 wizzyrea :)
20:05 Rural Thanks. I'll continue with the instructions...and carefully read them.
20:05 wizzyrea hehe np, pop back anytime if you have questions
20:05 rangi yeah definitely use the koha-common package (not koha one)
20:06 Rural rangi: That I did right.
20:06 rangi sweet :)
20:06 Rural Anybody around here have any experience with Horizon? Care to compare it with Koha? (I just asked this on the Evergreen IRC channel and got some interesting responses.)
20:07 rangi Rural: about 400 libraries have moved from horizon to koha
20:07 rangi afaik none ever moved the other way
20:07 Rural And I'm not pro-Horizon.
20:08 Rural So don't worry about my feelings or anything like that.
20:08 rangi the only thing i will say is
20:08 rangi horizon is proprietary software
20:09 rangi i find proprietary software unethical
20:09 rangi so even if it made me coffee and polished my shoes everyday
20:09 rangi it would still suck
20:09 rangi :-)
20:09 rangi others might want to comment on feature comparisons etc
20:09 rangi but thats pretty much bottomline for me
20:09 Rural I've been primarily using FOSS since 1993, so that isn't lost on me.
20:10 rangi horizon is also EOL right?
20:10 wahanui okay, rangi.
20:10 wizzyrea forget horizon
20:10 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot horizon
20:11 rangi its symphony or nothing anymore isnt it?
20:11 wizzyrea horizon is proprietary software.
20:11 rangi horizon?
20:11 wahanui hmmm... horizon is proprietary software.
20:11 rangi :)
20:11 wizzyrea @quote add rangi: I find proprietary software unethical. So even if it made me coffee and polished my shoes everyday, it would still suck
20:11 huginn` wizzyrea: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
20:12 * wizzyrea scowls at huginn
20:12 rangi Rural: have you seen libwebcats?
20:12 anthonyl Hi guys, can you please help me with syspref : "ShowReviewerPhoto".  How does it work exaclty ? I dont understand how the avatar is linked to the user.
20:12 oleonard wizzyrea: Can you set your irc client to auto-register you? That's what I do.
20:12 wizzyrea @quote add rangi: I find proprietary software unethical. So even if it made me coffee and polished my shoes everyday, it would still suck
20:12 huginn` wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #171 added.
20:12 wizzyrea I probably could do that
20:12 rangi Rural:
20:13 oleonard anthonyl: The user has to have set up a libravatar
20:13 rangi you should be able to find a library who has made the switch near you, they would probably be better to ask?
20:13 rangi oleonard: anthonyl: it will fall back to gravatar too
20:13 rangi and failing that, a default image
20:14 rangi[…]93/in/photostream  <-- looks like that
20:15 adminacct left #koha
20:15 anthonyl oleonard : I did create the avatar on the website but how does Koha know that user ABC123 is linked to avatar on libravatar ?
20:15 oleonard Through their email address isn't it rangi?
20:16 wizzyrea I was wondering that too, anthonyl
20:16 rangi thats right oleonard
20:16 Guillaume1 joined #koha
20:16 anthonyl Got it, let me try :-)
20:16 rangi its all based off email
20:17 rangi so anyone would get the catalyst logo if they didnt set their own avatar
20:17 rangi the awesome thing with libravatar apart from it being libre
20:17 rangi is that it is distributed
20:17 rangi its frankly, cool as hell
20:17 rangi and im not just saying that cos francois sits downstairs :)
20:17 * oleonard didn't realize that about fallback logos
20:17 * wizzyrea either
20:17 wizzyrea that's wicked cool.
20:18 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
20:18 sekjal_mobile joined #koha
20:18 francharb_afk left #koha
20:18 oleonard So how did the default catalyst logo get set?
20:18 sekjal_mobile left #koha
20:19 Rural rangi: Checking out webcats now.
20:19 melia is now known as melia_lunch
20:19 sekjal_mobile joined #koha
20:20 rangi oleonard: id have to check with francois, its something to do with looking for a libravatar service at the domain
20:21 rangi so if you had a myacpl libravatar server, it would try that
20:21 rangi its how the federating works
20:21 Rural Wow! That graphic on the mergers of different library system providers is interesting. Whenever one of our proprietary software providers is bought out, I lose sleep.
20:22 rangi thats why horizon got killed
20:22 rangi when your company is run by an 'equity' firm
20:23 rangi its time to get the hell out :)
20:23 oleonard Bad things can happen when your vendor gets bought out, but if you're on free software you can just move!
20:23 rangi pump and dump
20:23 Rural Been there. Not fun.
20:24 Rural Ok. So I've successfully installed Koha and set up an instance (testlibrary). Nice.
20:25 rangi oleonard: For example, if you own a business, you may want to integrate with existing systems (e.g. a staff directory) and delegate authentication to what you're already using (LDAP?). Plus, you can choose what happens when email addresses are not found (display your company logo?).
20:25 rangi
20:25 rhcl_away whereis ILS Merger Graphic?
20:25 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
20:26 rhcl_away TNX
20:26 sekjal_mobile left #koha
20:26 sekjal_mobile2 joined #koha
20:26 kathryn joined #koha
20:28 rhcl_away I'd love to see a Sirsi market share graphic for the past 15 years
20:28 rangi yeah, trending downwards hard
20:28 rangi would be my guess
20:28 rangi looking at
20:28 rhcl_away Wonder if Marshal has enough data to approximate one?
20:28 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
20:29 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
20:29 rangi unicorn -189
20:29 rangi horizon -154
20:30 wizzyrea #3. Heh.
20:30 rangi http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
20:30 rangi symphony + 125
20:30 rangi so approx -200 for the year
20:33 Rural So now that everything is running, and I've got the I've got the System Maintenance page... And I'm getting emails with errors about missing tables in the DB.
20:33 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
20:33 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #19: FIXED in 43 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/19/
20:33 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679: catalogue/ now passing perl critic tests
20:33 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : cataloguing/ now passing critic tests
20:33 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6679 : Adding license statement and stopping declaring variables in a conditional
20:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
20:33 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 7141 : Changing test to match new formatting of xsl style sheet
20:33 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7141 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, fcapovilla, ASSIGNED , The biblio details page in the intranet doesn't work if XSLT is activated and the xsl file contains "&nbsp;"
20:33 wizzyrea yippee!!!
20:33 jenkins_koha Starting build 20 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: FIXED)
20:34 wizzyrea !jenkins botsnack russian tea cakes
20:34 jenkins_koha wizzyrea: yummy! I really like that russian tea cakes
20:34 chris_n yay!
20:35 wizzyrea rural - you'll have to be more specific about your errors
20:35 wizzyrea oh, and you'll probably want to run the web installer
20:35 wizzyrea if you haven't already
20:36 wizzyrea you'll need to go to the staff client url you set up for yourself.
20:36 Rural wizzyrea: Web installer... <searching sounds>
20:36 wizzyrea unfortunately I can't tell you what the url is because you set that up :P
20:36 wizzyrea but it's whatever url you set up for the intranet.
20:39 Rural All I did was 'koha-create --create-db testlibrary', 'koha-enable testlibrary', and set DNS so that testlibrary.blah pointed to the koha server. A database exists in MySQL, but it is empty.
20:40 anthonyl Thanks for your help on the avatar, I'll need to ask on our provider.  I think everything is setup properly but can't find what's wrong.
20:40 Rural Ah. I see. Have to populate the DB.
20:42 Rural That didn't work. (koha-create --populate-db testlibrary)
20:43 anthonyl BTW, I present myself :Anthony Laquerre and I am the project manager at  We did a big migration project last winter including 22 college library/70000 users and appprox. 1.2 million items.  You'll start earing more of us in the comming months.  We just started a "Koha-CCSR community" with everyone.  Keep looking working with all of you.
20:44 wizzyrea rural
20:44 wizzyrea you need to run the web installer
20:44 wizzyrea in your browser.
20:45 oleonard Welcome anthonyl
20:45 cait hi anthonyl
20:45 anthonyl Oups forgot to mention that our provider of services is Libéo ( Maxime Pelletier and Frédérick Capovilla )
20:45 wizzyrea hi :)
20:45 Rural I hear you. I'm looking for it.
20:45 wizzyrea aha!
20:45 wizzyrea we know them :)
20:45 cait yep :)
20:49 maximep I sure know me =)
20:50 maximep btw, missed Libravatar::URL on the server =)
20:50 cait hi maximep :)
20:50 wizzyrea oic, i wonder if that's my issue too
20:50 wizzyrea was just about ot ask about that ;)
20:50 sekjal_mobile2 left #koha
20:50 wizzyrea doods I think it's bustid ;)
20:50 wizzyrea but it's prolly not
20:51 wizzyrea is that not among the required ones?
20:51 * wizzyrea didn't have it either.
20:55 wizzyrea now it's working.
20:55 sekjal_mobile joined #koha
20:58 melia_lunch is now known as melia
20:58 mfann left #koha
20:59 rangi Rural: look in your /etc/apache2/sites-enabled
21:00 maximep hmmm it loads the default libravatar img for me instead of fallback to gravatar
21:00 rangi depending on what you put in your koha-sites.conf
21:01 rangi your staff site would be something-testlibrary or testlibrary-something
21:01 Rural rangi: Like the -intra site?
21:01 rangi yes
21:01 rangi testlibrary-intra if -intra is what you put in the suffix
21:03 Rural Gotcha. And woo-hoo!
21:04 sekjal_mobile left #koha
21:05 cait :)
21:05 rangi yay!
21:05 rangi
21:05 wizzyrea yay!
21:05 cait yay!
21:06 wizzyrea looks like 3.4 has some kind of translation thing going on
21:07 Rural That got 'em! Ok. Things are making a lot more sense now.
21:07 rangi yeah those are all fixed in master now wizzyrea
21:07 wizzyrea ok cool.
21:08 rangi also
21:09 rangi[…]love-will-tear-us
21:10 libsysguy left #koha
21:14 smita joined #koha
21:14 Rural I'm setting up libraries now. Is the IP range so it can automatically select the appropriate library based on the source address of the traffic?
21:14 oleonard Oh, wizzyrea, Bug 7341 is a good catch
21:14 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7341 trivial, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Clicking cancel on system preferences search results causes error
21:15 wizzyrea you can thank rangi, I was looking for the libravatar stuff. heh.
21:15 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #20: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/20/
21:15 smita hi i have Daven from Singatoka Library, Fiji, who will be soon setting up a new Koha install
21:15 jenkins_koha chris.nighswonger: Release Notes for 08 Dec 2011 19:48:55 Z
21:15 wizzyrea hi smita
21:15 wahanui i think hi smita is a newbe to Koha. have just installed 3.4. have totally confused Smita's self with setting up cir rules as a result cannot place hold, can anyone help me please
21:16 wizzyrea forget hi smita
21:16 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot hi smita
21:17 smita bula from fiji
21:17 oleonard See you later everyone
21:17 wizzyrea bye owen
21:18 oleonard left #koha
21:19 wizzyrea ok i'm lookin, and I don't see anywhere in the package where we require the installation of the libravatar stuff
21:19 wizzyrea libravatar::url, precisely
21:19 wizzyrea oh oh nm
21:19 wizzyrea I see it now >.< sorry
21:20 rangi :)
21:20 wizzyrea I looked for libravatar, not gravatar.
21:21 wizzyrea but it looks like you only get it if you're using the packages?
21:23 smita left #koha
21:27 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 5327] Unit tests required for all C4 modules <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5327>
21:28 anthonyl left #koha
21:31 collum left #koha
21:38 druthb joined #koha
21:40 jwagner left #koha
21:40 maximep man, I didn't get that it was our client that was talking in irc
21:40 maximep until he said he was
21:40 maximep that was weird
21:40 wizzyrea hehe
21:40 maximep but cool
21:41 rangi :)
21:41 maximep he opened a bug with a copy paste from what rangi said here haha
21:41 rangi lol, awesome
21:41 rangi i hope i said
21:41 rangi "pay rangi 10 million dollars"
21:41 * wizzyrea passes on fixing that bug
21:41 rangi heh
21:41 wizzyrea i'd start a fund tho :P
21:41 maximep "won't fix"
21:42 wizzyrea more like "can't fix"
21:42 wizzyrea "unfixable"
21:42 wizzyrea "flaw inherent in the system"
21:42 wizzyrea i'm sad now.
21:42 cait want cookies?
21:43 Judit joined #koha
21:43 * druthb has cookies!
21:44 rangi heya druthb :)
21:44 cait cookies!
21:44 wahanui Cookies are delicious delicacies
21:44 cait hi druthb :)
21:44 wizzyrea ooh, it's a mythical druthb sighting
21:44 druthb @quote get 102
21:44 huginn` druthb: Quote #102: "<druthb> harrrumph!" (added by gmcharlt at 07:42 PM, November 11, 2010)
21:45 * druthb goes :P at wizzyrea.
21:47 talljoy joined #koha
21:53 maximep left #koha
21:55 cait can I get some comments/opinions for bug 5347?
21:55 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , late order management
21:56 druthb1 joined #koha
21:56 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
21:57 rangi done cait
21:57 rangi but another one would be welcome too
21:57 cait thank you rangi :)
21:57 cait yep
21:57 cait the more opinions the better
21:57 * cait looks at wizzyrea...
21:57 * cait waves with a cookie
21:57 wizzyrea oh my
21:57 wizzyrea i am not the one to ask about acquisitions
21:57 cait that's not about acq
21:57 cait not really
21:57 cait about notices
21:57 cait and patterns
21:58 cait consistency!
21:58 cait heh
21:58 cait ... ok not trying to influence you
21:58 rangi its notices
21:58 * cait hands you the cookie
21:58 rangi not acquisitions at all
21:59 wizzyrea wow what an inconvenient time for the battery in my keyboard to die
22:00 cait lol
22:00 cait you don't have to come up with excuses like that...
22:00 cait we understand
22:00 wizzyrea what I was going to say, before I had to go off and forage for batteries
22:00 cait ;)
22:00 wizzyrea was "alright already, I'll look and see if I can muster up an opinion"
22:01 wizzyrea oh, yes, I have an opinion.
22:01 rangi heheh
22:01 cait heh
22:02 * wizzyrea saw "order" and went "I don't think I know enough to have an opinion"
22:02 druthb left #koha
22:02 rangi yeah :)
22:02 ago43 left #koha
22:04 druthb1 left #koha
22:05 wizzyrea there.
22:05 cait thx
22:05 cait :)
22:15 cait night all :)
22:15 cait left #koha
22:15 Guillaume1 left #koha
22:20 yhager_ joined #koha
22:21 yhager left #koha
22:23 eythian <-- triangles
22:32 Judit left #koha
22:36 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
22:37 jcamins rangi: if I'm doing DB access in the Koha namespace, do I need to encapsulate it in something like Koha::DB?
22:38 rangi Koha::Context probably, which at this stage, would just be an ISA for C4::Context
22:38 jcamins rangi: and then use the dbh directly?
22:39 rangi yup
22:39 jcamins Okay.
22:43 Rural Is there an easy way of changing the kohaadmin password?
22:43 wizzyrea rural: you should probably create yourself a new patron
22:43 wizzyrea give that patron superlibrarian
22:43 wizzyrea and stop using your kohaadmin
22:43 jcamins Rural: don't use kohaadmin.
22:43 Rural Fair enough.
22:44 wizzyrea 1. kohaadmin doesn't have an assigned branch
22:44 wizzyrea 2. it's the db user - keeping that pw around is invitation for someone to do Bad Stuff (tm)
22:45 wizzyrea 3. it's the db user... it bears reiterating ;)
22:45 * jcamins once again stares in mute horror at the handle_dir and handle_file routines.
22:45 jcamins What does one say about them, other than "gosh."
22:46 jcamins 'Cause, seriously. Gosh.
22:48 * chris_n snaps his fingers at jcamins to get him to snap out of it
22:48 jcamins chris_n: you look at it and avoid falling into a reverie!
22:49 chris_n they are right nasty, I agree
22:49 chris_n its amazing what 4 years of staring at perl will do for one's self
22:50 jcamins Very true.
22:50 wahanui I know. That's why I said it.
22:51 jcamins The script is still over 200 lines, and I took all the database functionality *out*.
22:51 chris_n my brain hurts trying to re-figure it out
22:52 * jcamins gasps.
22:52 jcamins I just figured out why it has to be a file.
22:52 jcamins system("unzip", $tempfile).
22:52 chris_n right
22:53 Irma joined #koha
22:53 * jcamins forces himself to stop looking at this.
22:53 jcamins I will worry about prettying it after it works.
22:53 * chris_n shouts "Don't do it! Don't look!"
22:54 chris_n seriously, if I can help, just let me know
22:54 smita joined #koha
22:54 * jcamins will get it working, then send it to you to generalize. :P
22:54 * chris_n goes off to pour a candle
22:55 smita hi . I am trying to run simple reports through the reports module. when i ask it to count the number of checkouts it gives 0, though we have checked out quite a few items
22:56 smita same with running a report to count the number of items catalogues
22:57 smita left #koha
22:58 wizzyrea doh
22:59 chris_n btw, if you like hand made beeswax candles check this out:
22:59 chris_n my daughter makes them
22:59 wizzyrea ! neat!
22:59 wizzyrea my brother in law makes candles too
23:00 chris_n yeah, it comes with beekeeping around here :)
23:00 wizzyrea nice!
23:00 wizzyrea i imagine you have an opinion about colony collapse then
23:00 chris_n not a problem with my hives
23:00 * chris_n keeps his hives fat and happey :)
23:00 chris_n happy even
23:00 wizzyrea hehe
23:01 chris_n we're working on a new wooden-wick version tonight
23:02 jcamins Should I change the table name to "bibliofiles" so that someone could conceivably put something other than images in it at some point in the future?
23:03 jcamins Okay, let me rephrase that.
23:03 jcamins How important is it that I find a way to do that?
23:03 chris_n well
23:03 wizzyrea oh boy lookit the time
23:03 * wizzyrea skedaddles
23:03 chris_n you could do nothing to the name and just push other images there
23:04 chris_n or you could rename it to something more generic like 'images' or some such
23:04 chris_n which would require only a bit of work I think
23:04 jcamins But what I'm hearing is that you don't feel like the table needs to support non-image files?
23:04 jcamins Excellent!
23:05 chris_n yeah
23:05 chris_n if we want that, we probably need a different table for each file type
23:05 jcamins Woohoo! That's what I want to hear!
23:05 jcamins :D
23:05 * chris_n likes it when the answer makes people happy :)
23:06 jcamins Hm. I guess "CoverImages" isn't such a good name for this module.
23:06 jcamins Do we have C4::Image?
23:06 jcamins No. Excellent.
23:06 chris_n feel free to consolodate the code into a pm
23:07 chris_n if there is much cut-n-paste, it probably should be
23:07 jcamins Oh, it's in a PM.
23:07 jcamins The part where it is abstracted to handle patronimages too is going to get saved for you, though. :P
23:08 * jcamins decides that RmImage sounds dumb.
23:08 chris_n yeah, the problem there is with the zip file syntax
23:08 chris_n it needs help
23:09 jcamins And, you know, the fact that no one can understand that part of the code.
23:09 jcamins I'm actually leaving _handle_file and _handle_dir in the pl because I haven't the foggiest idea what they're doing.
23:09 chris_n I'm not sure where I got it or where it came from or <other-excuses-go-here>
23:09 jcamins Other than, you know, Stuff.
23:09 chris_n ahh
23:10 chris_n handle_dir walks through the results of the unzip iirc
23:10 jcamins The actual doing-stuff-with-images has been moved into Koha::Images.
23:10 chris_n and handle_file processes the files contained therein
23:10 jcamins Yes, but you make that sound so much simpler than it actually is.
23:10 chris_n accidental obfuscation?
23:11 jcamins I think so.
23:11 jcamins Or you had a vendetta.
23:12 chris_n I think that C4::Members might have a few applicable subs as well
23:14 jcamins What's this do:
23:14 NateC left #koha
23:14 jcamins if ($data->param('bibnum')) { $biblionumber=$data->param('bibnum'); } else { $biblionumber = shift; }
23:15 chris_n what line?
23:15 jcamins I'm not sure it's in your code.
23:15 rangi take it from the hashref, if its in there
23:15 rangi if not
23:15 jcamins Oh, it is there.
23:15 rangi grab it from the arguments passed to the function
23:15 chris_n right
23:15 chris_n what he said
23:15 jcamins Line 50 in members/
23:15 jcamins What function?
23:15 wahanui hmmm... function is in CalcFine
23:17 jcamins I mean, there's no function. It's just a file.
23:17 chris_n the cardnumber is passed in with the call to
23:17 jcamins That's the first part. But what's with the else?
23:17 chris_n you may also call it form the command line
23:17 chris_n hmm
23:18 jcamins Ah. And in that case, you specify one argument and it is automatically understood as the card number?
23:18 jcamins Cool.
23:18 * chris_n cranks up putty
23:20 jcamins Hm. I guess there has to be an option to specify an image as "preferred."
23:20 jcamins Actually, that can be a future development.
23:20 jcamins I don't need it.
23:21 jcamins kmkale won't need it.
23:23 jcamins How do I find out the number of items in a list?
23:23 jcamins I always have trouble with this.
23:23 eythian jcamins: the list in a scalar context
23:23 eythian is its length
23:24 eythian so, @list somewhere were it makes sense to have a single value is the length of the list
23:24 jcamins Hm.
23:24 jcamins Would in a call to rand() be a place where it makes sense to have a single value?
23:25 eythian probably not (although maybe)
23:25 * eythian tests
23:26 eythian turns out yes
23:26 eythian $ perl -e '@a=qw(a b c) ; print rand(@a)."\n" ;'
23:26 eythian 2.08902575167577
23:26 jcamins Awesome, thanks!
23:27 eythian actually, builtins are likely to work sensibly as they have defined prototypes that say "I take a single scalar"
23:27 * chris_n is curious as to the purpose
23:27 jcamins chris_n: selecting a cover image, of course.
23:27 chris_n a random cover image?
23:28 jcamins chris_n: right.
23:29 jcamins chris_n: adding a "preferred" flag is left as an exercise to the person who gives a darn.
23:30 * jcamins is not that person.
23:32 jcamins Bet you never would've guessed that.
23:32 chris_n :)
23:37 jcamins How do I apply atomicupdates?
23:39 * chris_n has no idea
23:39 * jcamins runs it from the command line.
23:41 jcamins Bang! Thirty errors!
23:44 jcamins How do we deal with debug flags in packages?
23:46 chris_n maybe 'export DEBUG=1'
23:46 chris_n from the cli
23:46 chris_n otherwise I think you can add it as a cgi param
23:46 chris_n or set it in your apache config iirc
23:47 jcamins chris_n: no, I'm writing a new package, and not sure how to handle it from that side.
23:48 chris_n see C4::Debug
23:49 jcamins Ah. Cool.
23:49 jcamins Thanks.
23:50 jcamins But, uhh, where is it declared?
23:50 jcamins $debug, I mean.
23:52 jcamins Oh, this this use vars thing.
23:56 jcamins Hm.
23:57 jcamins Variables just sort of appear out of nowhere in this script.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary