IRC log for #koha, 2011-12-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 jcamins !
00:02 jcamins The page actually loaded!
00:05 jcamins How does @EXPORT work?
00:11 aogle joined #koha
00:12 jcamins Where do warns go?
00:12 chris_n warns go to your apache log
00:12 jcamins Never mind.
00:12 jcamins Found it.
00:13 * jcamins has been using packages recently, and forgot that koha-dev had its own logs.
00:17 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
00:38 jcamins Hm.
00:39 talljoy_away is now known as crabans
00:39 jcamins The thumbnail is not yet working.
00:39 crabans is now known as talljoy
00:39 melia rangi?
00:40 melia hehe. I actually meant is rangi here?
00:40 talljoy melia?
00:40 talljoy lol
00:40 melia haha! mine says beer?!
00:41 bag mtj?
00:41 wahanui DeM KraZy NutZ!!
00:50 rangi melia: here now
00:50 jcamins I keep on getting a "premature end of script headers" error. Anyone have any advice on troubleshooting?
00:50 rangi read the error log?
00:51 rangi what it means is, the script died, before it printed out the headers
00:51 melia rangi: I was going to ask you about git am -iu3 to make sure I'm doing it right. so first I do wget (copy patch from bug). then git am -iu3 attachment blah blah. right?
00:51 rangi the other trick you can do is
00:51 rangi jcamins: my $cgi = CGI->new();
00:51 rangi print $cgi->header;
00:51 rangi right near the top of your script
00:51 jcamins Oh, I see.
00:52 jcamins That makes sense.
00:52 jcamins This doesn't print headers.
00:52 rangi melia: you can do git bz apply
00:52 rangi if it fails it will leave the patch in /tmp
00:52 rangi and tell you
00:52 rangi then you can do
00:52 rangi git am --abort
00:52 rangi and git am -iu3 /where/the/patch/is (cut and paste)
00:53 rangi or, you can wget it
00:53 rangi whatever works best for you
00:53 melia what if I forgot the git am --abort in between? do I need to start over?
00:54 rangi it will probably yell at you
00:54 melia hehe. ok I'll start over. :)
00:54 rangi :)
00:54 melia thanks
00:54 rangi no worries
00:56 jcamins How do I prevent my web browser from caching?
00:57 jcamins Cache-Control, I think.
00:57 jcamins Or not.
01:02 jcamins Why does it only work half the time?
01:03 jcamins Oh.
01:03 jcamins I bet int() rounds.
01:03 jcamins No, it doesn't.
01:03 jcamins Why does it seem like it does?
01:12 jcamins Never mind.
01:27 melia left #koha
02:03 JesseM is now known as JesseM_away
02:31 * jcamins is the jQuery MASTER!
02:41 bag heh
02:46 jcamins template variables?
03:14 jcamins @quote search template
03:14 huginn` jcamins: No matching quotes were found.
03:14 jcamins @quote search vars
03:14 huginn` jcamins: 1 found: #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} -..."
03:14 jcamins @quote get 135
03:14 huginn` jcamins: Quote #135: "rangi: $tempate->{VARS}->{'LoginBranchname'} - without the typo" (added by cait at 07:30 PM, May 20, 2011)
03:15 aarkerio joined #koha
03:53 kathryn left #koha
03:54 AmitG joined #koha
03:55 aarkerio left #koha
04:12 jcamins Isn't there a way to retrieve the title and author without parsing the entire record?
04:12 wizzyrea biblio.title?
04:13 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, but in Perl?
04:13 jcamins wizzyrea: preferably without accessing the DB directly.
04:13 wizzyrea oh, dunno I'd have to poke at it.
04:14 jcamins Got it. GetBiblio.
04:17 ago43 joined #koha
04:21 jcamins Hey, could I do push $template->{VARS}, %hash?
04:26 ago43 left #koha
04:34 AmitG heya bag
04:34 bag heya AmitG
04:34 bag how are you today?
04:34 AmitG i m fine what about you?
04:39 adminacct joined #koha
05:02 talljoy left #koha
05:04 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
05:12 cait joined #koha
05:14 cait morning #koha
05:25 bag heya cait
05:25 cait hi bag :)
05:25 bag ah AmitG I'm doing well :)
05:26 talljoy joined #koha
05:39 AmitG heya cait
05:42 cait hi AmitG
06:10 adminacct aargh!!!! someone called me a "Dear Madam" on the m/l :(
06:10 adminacct is now known as indradg
06:10 AmitG heya adminacct :D
06:11 indradg hey AmitG
06:11 AmitG heya indradg
06:11 wahanui indradg is the one who told me.
06:11 indradg wahanui, forget me
06:11 wahanui indradg: I forgot me
06:13 cait lol
06:14 cait hi indradg :)
06:14 indradg hiya cait
06:14 cait can someone help me with some perl? :)
06:14 cait I am trying to figure something out in the serials module
06:14 cait onesubscription => (scalar(@$subscriptiondescs)==1),
06:31 fredericd cait: strange statement
06:32 cait morning fredericd :)
06:32 cait I was looking at a bug nicole filed and it's quite interesting
06:32 cait bug 7338
06:32 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7338 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, NEW , link to serial detail wrong
06:32 cait it turned out to be a scoping problem
06:32 fredericd good morning
06:32 cait and I discovered there is a view to that page we don't ever use
06:32 cait if you have more than one subscription to the record
06:32 cait and the url parameter is the biblionumber
06:33 cait it will show all subscriptions and the issues on the page - and then it makes sense to show the subscription number before the issue
06:35 cait ok, that probably does not make much sense?
06:37 cait I think I got it... but needs more testing
06:40 fredericd why at all is the subscription number displayed on each line of the issues table?
06:41 cait fredericd: because of the view for a record with more than 1 subscription
06:41 cait I have updated the bug with a screenshot
06:41 cait it should not show on a page with only 1 subscription - that's the scoping problem
06:42 cait the template variable was wrong: year.onescubscription instead of onesubscription
06:49 AmitG heya fredericd
06:49 wahanui i guess fredericd is translation manager for 3.8
06:56 fredericd cait: rather than sending a variable to TT, you could check the array length directly in TT
06:57 indradg fredericd, did you get my email regarding the person wanting to do tibetan translation/
06:57 cait fredericd: my main problem is, I am trying to see how this was supposed to work
06:58 fredericd indradg: no
06:58 fredericd could you resend it?
06:58 cait fredericd: it seems weird that we are never using that view of the page
06:58 fredericd where is this view in the template?
06:59 indradg fredericd, i sent it to
06:59 indradg that be the correct address?
07:01 fredericd yes
07:05 Judit joined #koha
07:08 cait fredericd: create 2 subscriptions with for one record
07:08 cait fredericd: then call the serials-collection page with the bilbionumber, instead of the subscription id
07:09 cait I added comments to the bug
07:10 fredericd can you get a title with two subscriptions on the Serial Collection page?
07:12 Judit left #koha
07:12 fredericd cait: have you seen you can send a request like '​iptionid=9&subscriptionid=45' and get a result
07:13 cait hm not yet
07:13 cait yes, that works too
07:13 fredericd but I can't see any place where this page is called this way
07:13 cait there was a lot of afford made to make it flexible like that
07:14 cait exactly
07:14 cait and it would be useful I think
07:14 cait it's quite a mystery
07:15 fredericd So I do think it would be useful
07:15 fredericd It may be added on serials search result page
07:19 indradg left #koha
07:20 cait hm yes
07:21 cait I think the "show any subscriptions" link should show up on the page
07:21 cait when there is more than one subscription
07:21 yhager_ left #koha
07:23 indradg joined #koha
07:25 fredericd or it should alway be displayed. This way you can get the other subscriptions that you can't reach otherwise
07:27 cait yes
07:28 cait i wonder where this got lost
07:29 fredericd yes, too bad. It seems it was possible to call this page with a biblionumber as parameter rather than subscriptionid
07:29 cait does this line correctly check for the existence of the parameter in the url?
07:29 cait subscr=>$query->param('subscriptionid'), ?
07:29 cait it's one of the template variables
07:31 fredericd it's ok.
07:32 cait hm
07:32 cait weird
07:32 cait [% IF ( subscr ) %]
07:32 cait [% UNLESS ( onesubscription ) %]
07:32 cait <tr ><td colspan="7">  <a href="[% biblionumber %]">See any subscription attached to this biblio</a></td>
07:32 cait </tr>[% END %]
07:32 cait [% END %]
07:32 cait if the parameter is there and it's more than one subscription... show the link?
07:32 cait but it's not working
07:33 alex_a bonjour #koha
07:33 fredericd for me onesubcription must be removed. It adds confusion
07:35 cait it's in a lot of places
07:35 cait I think onesubscription is supposed to check if it's 1 or more
07:36 cait and the other is for checking how you called the template - if you have restricted it to show only specific subscriptions
07:38 cait show the link, if there is more than 1 subscription and I have not explicitly told the view to only show
07:38 cait but I don't see why it doesn't wrk like that
07:39 fredericd take a look at my patch, and see how it works with a biblio having several subscriptions
07:40 cait will try to do tonight - have to run
07:41 cait or will be late at work
07:41 fredericd me too... have a nice ride
07:41 cait thx :)
07:41 cait you too
07:52 cait left #koha
07:53 paul_p joined #koha
07:57 julian_m joined #koha
07:57 reiveune joined #koha
07:57 reiveune hello
07:59 hdl joined #koha
08:01 paul_p good morning everybody !
08:04 matts_away is now known as matts
08:06 AmitG heya paul_p
08:08 indradg left #koha
08:12 asaurat joined #koha
08:14 asaurat hallo
08:16 kf joined #koha
08:16 kf hi again #koha
08:19 asaurat hallo kf!
08:19 sophie_m joined #koha
08:21 kf hi asaurat :)
08:24 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
08:24 magnuse biblibre++ for the euro-hackfest
08:24 kf yep
08:25 kf now we only have to figure out a way to get there ... :)
08:25 magnuse magnuse-- for having previous commitments = i will miss it :-(
08:25 huginn` magnuse: Error: You're not allowed to adjust your own karma.
08:25 kf ooh!
08:25 magnuse it's the week of the annual library meeting in norway, and my libhist project is paying me to go there to talk about the project...
08:25 kf ah bummer
08:26 magnuse oh yes!
08:26 kf and the annual library meeting is all week too I guess?
08:26 magnuse wednesad-friday
08:26 kf hmpf
08:27 magnuse indeed
08:27 kf :(
08:29 Guillaume1 joined #koha
08:34 matts is now known as matts_away
08:34 matts_away is now known as matts
08:34 hdl hi all
08:34 kf hi hdl
08:35 magnuse ki ora, flying fox!
08:35 gaetan_B joined #koha
08:35 gaetan_B hello
08:35 kf bonjour gaetan_B
08:36 gaetan_B guten morgen kf !
08:36 kf :)
08:44 jenkins_koha Starting build 560 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 1 mo. 21 j ago)
08:45 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: updatedatabase: Adding missing \n at the end of 2 print <[…]25981f626344b79f0> / Bug 7028 - updated the koha-conf.xml template <[…]c4b28aaf3d513f6eb> / Fix for Bug 6818 - acquisitions basket groups could use some design work <
08:45 kf oh unstable again?
08:46 magnuse looks like it hasn't been stable in 1 month and 3 weeks?
08:48 kf hm but lots of work ws done on it
08:48 kf thought we had reached stable yesterday - but that was perhaps 3.6
08:50 magnuse possibly
08:57 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Merge remote-tracking branch 'origin/new/bug_6679' <[…]fbd782f649ebe999d> / Bug 6679: fix missing use strict <[…]a11dd6139120f2ba0>
08:57 matts is now known as matts_away
09:07 francharb joined #koha
09:07 francharb hi
09:07 wahanui hola, francharb
09:11 matts_away is now known as matts
09:24 paul_p left #koha
09:28 paul_p joined #koha
09:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #560: STILL UNSTABLE in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/560/
09:38 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6818 - acquisitions basket groups could use some design work
09:38 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7028 - updated the koha-conf.xml template
09:38 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: updatedatabase: Adding missing \n at the end of 2 print
09:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6818 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , acquisitions basket groups could use some design work
09:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7028 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , koha-conf.xml template that comes with the packages needs updating
09:38 jenkins_koha Starting build 561 for job Koha_master (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #491 1 mo. 21 j ago)
09:47 juan_sieira_ joined #koha
09:49 juan_sieira left #koha
09:53 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 7342] aqbudgets statistics doesn't work when using Authorized values on sort1_authcat or sort2_authcat <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7342>
10:11 francharb rangi, wizzyrea, kf : sorry for my "way to long" answer on the bugzilla 5347. i just realised how to do a two lines answer right now...
10:11 francharb :)
10:14 kf I still disagree ;)
10:16 francharb kf, that it should be done with another development,
10:16 francharb ?
10:16 francharb or that the item tag is already used to display biblio and item info?
10:18 kf francharb: the <item> in claims CAN NOT displayi tem information :)
10:18 kf that's the difference
10:18 kf it can only display title level information at the moment
10:18 kf and you get a list of books - but not of item information
10:18 francharb haaaaa
10:18 kf so people will get confused why you can't for example display a callnumber in there
10:18 francharb sure
10:18 kf and for the ODUE that would work
10:18 francharb i get it now
10:19 francharb could you had that on the ticket?
10:20 francharb i thougt it was working the same way
10:20 francharb well it should actually
10:20 francharb it's the item tag
10:21 francharb anyway, kf, do you think it's appriopriate to change this behavior within this development?
10:21 kf sorry will be back shortly
10:28 francharb kf, i did a new comment.. ;)
10:31 jenkins_koha Yippie, build fixed!
10:31 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #561: FIXED in 53 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/561/
10:31 jenkins_koha paul.poulain: Bug 6679: fix missing use strict
10:31 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
10:39 kf francharb: commented :)
10:42 mib_odamqk joined #koha
10:45 mib_odamqk I work in a school library in Berlin, Germany. I have been 'assigned' to look into your software but have little technical experience. I have some general questions about this software. 1. In the demo version I am only able to search English-Language book databases. Is it also possible to search German language book databases?
10:46 mib_odamqk 2. Can more than one library administrator catalogue books at the same time?
10:49 magnuse mib_odamqk: re number 1: are you thinking of "copy cataloguing", where you search and fetch records from for example library of congress?
10:49 magnuse if so: yes, you can set it up to search any openly available Z39.50 database
10:49 magnuse (and SRU too soon, hopefully)
10:50 magnuse re 2: yes, you can have as many people cataloguing as you wish
10:50 magnuse kf is our german koha expert, but she might not be available at the moment
10:51 magnuse here is some documentation on how to "Add a Z39.50 Target": http://manual.koha-community.o[…]n.html#z3950admin
10:52 paul_p mib_odamqk, Berlin in Germany ? You should speak german with kf ;-)
10:56 mib_odamqk Yes copy cataloging
10:57 mib_odamqk in the demo version the z39.50 databases that were coming up were all english
10:57 kf sorry, not here now
10:57 kf but I will be back in 1 hour
10:57 kf bin in einer stunde wieder da
10:57 francharb kf, are you available this afternoon to talk about your last comment? i dont know  how to do it... Joubu needs more specifications
10:57 mib_odamqk Gut, wir konnen das machen
10:57 mib_odamqk I am available until about 14:00 GMT+1
10:58 kf vielleicht etwas mehr als eine stunde, aber fast immer hier
10:58 kf francharb: I think reanming it to leave the door open for later would be enough for now
10:58 magnuse mib_odamqk: the demo you tried is probably just created by americans, with other americans in mind ;-)
10:58 kf francharb: the other thing is a nice to have :)
10:58 kf is now known as kf_afk
10:59 mib_odamqk Ich bin english mutterspracher aber meine deutsche assistantin komment gleich zurück
10:59 mib_odamqk that makes sense with the demo version
10:59 kf_afk will be back later
10:59 francharb kf_afk, "reanming"? renaming?
11:00 francharb :)
11:00 magnuse mib_odamqk: i have a demo here with norwegian z39.50 targets: (login: test1/test1)
11:00 francharb see y
11:00 francharb a
11:00 francharb kf_afk, talk to you later!
11:00 magnuse mib_odamqk: and as long as you know the z39.50 "address" of the catalogues you want to search, it's easy to add them
11:03 mib_odamqk perfect.
11:06 mib_odamqk This is really helpful information and helps me get a better idea of the possibilities of the software. Thank you!
11:09 magnuse no problem! don't be afraid to ask more, if there is more we can help you with ;-)
11:10 mib_odamqk For now that is it. Shall I leave the window open incase I have more questions?
11:15 magnuse that's up to you! ;-) if you are using mibbit i think you might get logged off if you are inactive for a while, but then it's just to log back on later
11:18 mib_odamqk Ok then I will close it and come back when I have more questions. Thanks!
11:19 magnuse see you later!
11:20 matts is now known as matts_away
11:21 gaetan_B i've stumbled on the problem described in bug 6374, it seems to be a bit forgotten as no one as commented since may
11:21 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6374 normal, P5 - low, ---, chris, NEW , Use "size" as names/hash keys leads to an unexpected results when using Template::Toolkit (name of a virtual method there)
11:22 gaetan_B i'm not coming with a solution unfortunately ;)
11:26 Guillaume1 left #koha
11:29 mib_odamqk left #koha
11:44 * gaetan_B going for lunch
11:44 sophie_m left #koha
11:50 sophie_m joined #koha
11:52 gaetan_B left #koha
11:57 francharb is now known as francharb_afk
12:34 jwagner joined #koha
12:45 gaetan_B joined #koha
12:51 matts_away is now known as matts
12:57 jcamins_away @later tell oleonard Could you be persuaded to style an image viewer if I shipped you a package of cookies and/or fudge?
12:57 huginn` jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
13:05 AmitG left #koha
13:07 kf_afk is now known as kf
13:07 kf back
13:07 kf francharb_afk: still around? :)
13:14 francharb_afk kf
13:14 francharb_afk yep
13:14 francharb_afk is now known as francharb
13:14 francharb i answered you back on bugzilla
13:14 francharb ;)
13:16 kf I saw it :)
13:16 kf I am still sticking to my first suggestion :)
13:16 kf and I have examples for item data and vendors
13:16 nengard joined #koha
13:17 kf I know of libraries who make the vendors stick the barcode labels, inventory numbers and callnumbers to the books
13:17 francharb ok kf
13:17 kf we don't have a library with Koha doing that, but i know about others. so this is all not for now
13:17 francharb so it makes more sense now
13:18 kf perhaps we can wait and get some more opinions :)
13:18 kf the late order management is a very nice addition and works nicely too
13:18 francharb kf, how do you see the acqclaim notice with biblio and item level info + aqorders info?
13:19 kf I don't thinke we have to change the feature - the only question is if we rename the tag or not
13:19 kf francharb: that's a good question
13:19 kf and you are right
13:19 kf I am not sure how to solve that, have to think about it
13:20 francharb ok, so for the moment, lets go for the renaming of the tag maybe
13:20 francharb do you mean renaming the tag for the acqclaim notice only?
13:23 kf I was thinking about a general term
13:23 kf but we could use something like <order> perhaps
13:23 ago43 joined #koha
13:23 kf to make clear it's about acq relevant data
13:25 NateC joined #koha
13:25 JesseM_away is now known as JesseM
13:30 Oak joined #koha
13:31 Oak kia ora #koha
13:32 * Oak waves at cait
13:33 kf hi Oak :)
13:40 Oak hello miss cait
13:40 magnuse Oak
13:40 Oak magnuse
13:40 magnuse jcamins_away: an image viewer for koha?
13:40 Oak :)
13:42 magnuse yay
13:48 libranto joined #koha
13:50 libranto left #koha
13:55 libranto joined #koha
13:56 libranto hi everyone
13:56 libranto is there any todo list for koha development
13:56 libranto i need some features
13:57 magnuse libranto: we use bugzilla for that sort of thing:
13:57 libranto ok
13:57 libranto i will create ana account
13:58 libranto and then?
13:58 magnuse search first to see if others have suggested what you want to suggest
13:58 magnuse if you don't find anything, enter a new bug
13:58 libranto bug? (:
13:59 libranto i need course rezerve list module
13:59 magnuse that's a description of something that's not working, or a description of an enhancement
13:59 libranto ok
13:59 paul_p libranto, we call that a bug because it's bugzilla. But it can be used for enhancement too
13:59 magnuse and course reserves is definitely something others have been interested in
13:59 libranto ok
14:00 libranto i m newbee (:
14:00 magnuse hm, there's a blogpost or wiki page somewhere you should read, then - i'm trying to remember where... ;-)
14:01 magnuse this is a good starting point:
14:01 libranto i mean i dont know how long takes suggestions to inplement
14:01 magnuse hehe, that's a good question
14:02 magnuse if someone likes the idea it could take hours
14:02 magnuse if noone catches on to it, it could happen... never
14:02 magnuse to be sure something is implemented you probably have to pay someone to do it
14:02 libranto liblime made that module but i m not interested in Liblime
14:02 magnuse if you can't do it yourself
14:03 libranto good (:
14:03 rhcl_away 안녕하세요 #Koha
14:03 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:04 Guillaume1 joined #koha
14:05 magnuse libranto: here's a very good blogpost outlining how suggestions for koha are treated:
14:05 chris_n paul_p about?
14:06 paul_p chris_n, yep
14:06 chris_n any chance you could push bug 7316? I've had a request to include it in 3.6.2
14:06 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7316 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, semarie-koha, ASSIGNED , Missing escaping in search results
14:07 chris_n looks like a security issue
14:07 paul_p chris_n, OK, will check in a few minuts
14:08 chris_n thanks!
14:09 Johnindy joined #koha
14:10 libranto i have java background, if its possible i can develop userinterface by using solr but i dont know anything about perl ):
14:11 libranto collega and university library need course rezerve module
14:11 libranto ):
14:14 trea joined #koha
14:16 tamtam joined #koha
14:16 libranto left #koha
14:17 Johnindy_ left #koha
14:32 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:34 Rural left #koha
14:39 maximep joined #koha
14:50 hdl left #koha
14:50 hdl joined #koha
14:53 chris_n anybody have a quick sort routine for sorting one array based on the order of the contents of a second array?
14:55 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
14:55 jcamins magnuse: indeed.
14:55 magnuse jcamins: ooh :-)
14:56 jcamins magnuse: it's based off of kmkale's patch for bug 1633.
14:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1633 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, kmkale, ASSIGNED , Add ability to take book cover images from local img db
14:56 * chris_n wonders if jcamins got sleep last night
14:56 jcamins chris_n: I did, thank you.
14:57 jcamins chris_n: hanlde_dir drove me to vodka, which put me right to sleep. :P
14:57 tamtam left #koha
14:57 * chris_n will have to fix that someday
14:57 jcamins s/hanlde/handle/
14:59 jenkins_koha Starting build 21 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
15:00 jcamins chris_n: my new Koha::Images will offer a starting point, kind of.
15:00 magnuse hehe, i was just going to sugget you might have an easier time of it with s/hanlde/handle/ ;-)
15:00 magnuse woohoo - success!
15:00 chris_n yup, getting a hanlde on things is often tuff
15:00 chris_n much easier to get a handle on them
15:01 chris_n jcamins: the sad reality is that that code has worked for 4 years, and I will probably never revisit it unless sufficiently motivated to do so :-)
15:01 jcamins magnuse: look at the handle_dir routine in tools/, and consider whether handle is really easier than hanlde. :P
15:01 jcamins chris_n: understandable. You didn't see me rushing to fix it.
15:02 jcamins And won't.
15:02 chris_n it was done in my nonage
15:03 * magnuse googles nonage and learns something new today too
15:03 jcamins chris_n: my reason for creating Koha::Images was entirely selfish: it made it easier to write the code I needed.
15:04 magnuse laziness, impatience and hubris...
15:04 chris_n magnuse:  its an old english term
15:04 jcamins chris_n: how do you sort one array based on the contents of another array?
15:04 paul_p chris_n, 7316 pushed
15:04 chris_n The period of immaturity or youth.
15:05 jcamins bug 7316
15:05 chris_n tnx paul_p
15:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7316 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, semarie-koha, ASSIGNED , Missing escaping in search results
15:05 jcamins Ah.
15:05 chris_n jcamins: that's what I'd like to know :-)
15:05 jcamins chris_n: I mean, how does the second array influence the first?
15:05 jcamins Or, how should it?
15:06 chris_n the list to be sorted is made up of the keys of a hash; the list to define the order those keys should be in is the second list
15:06 jcamins I see.
15:06 chris_n the order is non-standard
15:06 chris_n ie not ascending/dec/etc
15:06 jcamins It seems to me there's a clever Perl way to do it.
15:07 magnuse that wouldn't be the schwarzian transform, would it?
15:08 chris_n magnuse: it didn't look so, but I may be missing something
15:08 * chris_n often is :)
15:08 * jcamins learns something new.
15:10 chris_n magnuse: on second glance it might be coerced to do what I need
15:12 jcamins
15:12 jcamins Third answer.
15:12 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 7316 - Missing escaping in search results <[…]ba2f071573b4b927e>
15:14 hdl left #koha
15:14 jenkins_koha Starting build 562 for job Koha_master (previous build: FIXED)
15:16 * magnuse wanders off to make pizza
15:17 magnuse is now known as magnus_afk
15:18 jcamins Mmm. Friday. :)
15:21 libsysguy joined #koha
15:21 libsysguy ok so who was the wise guy who committed the DOS files...
15:22 jcamins libsysguy: ?
15:22 Guillaume1 left #koha
15:22 libsysguy i just did a merge for hourly and all the XSLT MOD files were in conflict because of that pesky ^M at the end of every line
15:23 jcamins Wasn't me.
15:23 maximep just discovered a loop scoping problem in, but afraid I don't have time to send a patch :/
15:23 maximep I hate that
15:24 libsysguy I would but I don't have anything based on master currently running
15:24 jcamins libsysguy: git log [filename]?
15:27 libsysguy jcamins...ahh it looks like they were already broken then rangi patched them to remove it
15:28 JesseM left #koha
15:28 jcamins libsysguy: that explains it.
15:29 * libsysguy was all like 0_0 with all the conflicts
15:31 sekjal joined #koha
15:31 sekjal left #koha
15:32 JesseM joined #koha
15:33 hdl joined #koha
15:41 maximep modify patron attribute type
15:41 maximep Display in check-out: Check to show this attribute in patron check-out.
15:41 maximep in patron check-out ??
15:41 maximep I have to translate it in french, but I don't understand it
15:42 maximep maybe I should just take a look at the fr-FR translation -_-
15:43 maximep which is totally wrong :/
15:47 danmc is the mpm-itk bit in apache still required for koha or are there other ways?
15:47 jcamins danmc: if you don't care about security, you could use a different MPM.
15:47 jcamins danmc: but don't.
15:48 danmc so itk really is the way to go then?
15:48 * jcamins channels rangi.
15:48 jcamins Oh yes.
15:49 jcamins danmc: the alternative is to lose all the security benefits that having a different user provides.
15:49 jcamins danmc: why would you want to use a different MPM?
15:49 danmc mostly because itk isn't shipped directly with apache and it has to be patched into the sources (or install from a build that had it patched into its sources)
15:50 jcamins danmc: ah. This is for the Arch port? I'd strongly recommend requiring itk.
15:51 paul_p maximep, display in checkout =
15:51 paul_p it means that, when you're on circulation pages, this ext attribute will also be displayed on the left
15:52 paul_p it's useless if it's a password, or a statistical category for example. But it can be usefull if it's a login, or contain the cursus the patron is doing at the school
15:52 maximep paul_p: ah, that makes sense, thanks.
15:53 paul_p ("hey, you want a book about science, but you're a philosophy student, are u sure ?)
15:53 * chris_n really must learn to add correctly if he is going to continue to teach higher math :-P
16:03 danmc jcamins:  sorry, phone.  not Arch port, but the NetBSD package and our apache package doesn't currently have itk.
16:03 jcamins danmc: whoops. I knew it was some sort of port.
16:07 jcamins danmc: anyway, yes, itk should really remain a requirement.
16:08 jcamins danmc: I suppose you could make it depend on a default MPM and put in the warning "not to be used in production."
16:08 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #21: SUCCESS in 1 h 9 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/21/
16:08 jenkins_koha * robin: Bug 7028 - updated the koha-conf.xml template
16:08 jenkins_koha * paul.poulain: Bug 6679: fix missing use strict
16:08 jenkins_koha * oleonard: Fix for Bug 6818 - acquisitions basket groups could use some design work
16:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7028 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, robin, ASSIGNED , koha-conf.xml template that comes with the packages needs updating
16:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6679 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, chris, ASSIGNED , Fixing code so it passes basic Perl::Critic tests
16:08 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6818 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, ASSIGNED , acquisitions basket groups could use some design work
16:08 jenkins_koha Starting build 68 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: STILL UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #50 2 mo. 1 j ago)
16:11 julian_m left #koha
16:15 asaurat left #koha
16:17 kf lol
16:22 alex_a left #koha
16:27 matts is now known as matts_away
16:27 wizzyrea kf, what do you think of Francois' latest comment on bug 5347
16:27 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5347 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , late order management
16:28 * chris_n goes after 3.4.x "STILL UNSTABLE"
16:28 chris_n grrrr
16:30 wizzyrea I think rangi told me that the patches for that were done? it was last night
16:30 wizzyrea sometime
16:31 wizzyrea someone explain to me why days off go by lightning quick, when work days just drag and drag.
16:31 kf I think it was 3.6
16:31 kf done I mean
16:31 gaetan_B bye!
16:32 kf wizzyrea: still here?
16:32 gaetan_B left #koha
16:32 wahanui i think here is where I work
16:32 wizzyrea hup
16:32 kf ah
16:32 kf I think item information is interesting
16:33 kf I know some libraries use additional services from vendors. like putting in the inventory numbers, barcodes etc for them
16:33 sophie_m left #koha
16:33 kf and the other thing
16:33 wahanui well, the other thing is i want to upgrade the version of koha. how?
16:33 kf perhaps we could name it <order>?
16:33 kf because it also has acq relevant information?
16:33 kf I am not sure.
16:37 wizzyrea aww
16:38 wizzyrea[…]internet-archive/ OpenLibrary/Internet Archive needs monies.
16:40 francharb is now known as francharb_afk
16:41 francharb_afk hi wizzyrea !
16:41 * wizzyrea waves
16:41 francharb_afk i like the idea ok kf
16:41 wizzyrea hiyas :D
16:41 francharb_afk <order> tag sounds good to me
16:41 wizzyrea or aq-items or somesuch
16:43 francharb_afk <somesuch>? ;^)
16:43 wizzyrea hehe
16:45 francharb_afk i like having a simple word for a tag
16:45 francharb_afk item
16:45 francharb_afk order
16:45 francharb_afk record
16:45 francharb_afk list
16:46 francharb_afk aq-items is too close to items
16:46 jcamins somesuch++
16:46 francharb_afk haha
16:46 kf wizzyrea: it's nto items!
16:46 kf :)
16:46 jcamins @karma somesuch
16:46 huginn` jcamins: Karma for "somesuch" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
16:46 wizzyrea kf ok ok ok
16:46 kf wizzyrea: hehe :)
16:46 wizzyrea <3
16:46 * kf sends cookies
16:46 kf long day, still at work
16:47 * wizzyrea sends cookies to kf
16:47 kf cookie exchange - that's a good idea
16:47 kf we should do a secret koha santa next year
16:47 francharb_afk <cookie>?
16:48 francharb_afk we should do a christmas  css...
16:49 francharb_afk ;)
16:49 nengard is there a permission that stops staff from seeing the 'set library' option?
16:49 francharb_afk nengard, i dont think so
16:49 jcamins nengard: SingleBranchMode.
16:49 nengard hmmm
16:50 jcamins nengard: so, no.
16:50 nengard but there is a preference :)
16:50 jcamins nengard: you could hide it with jQuery.
16:50 wizzyrea ^^ I was going to suggest that
16:51 jcamins nengard: there is a preference, but it doesn't really work with holds.
16:51 jcamins I think. Check with sekjal on the exact problem.
16:51 nengard i didn't ask about holds
16:51 nengard i asked about the 'set library' link
16:51 nengard the one in the top right
16:51 wizzyrea he means using singlebranchmode mucks holds
16:51 wizzyrea turning it on has multiple effects
16:51 wizzyrea 1. hides what you are referring to
16:51 jcamins nengard: right. If you turn on SingleBranchMode, holds are broken.
16:51 wizzyrea 2. does something to holds
16:52 nengard OH!!!!!
16:52 wizzyrea etc.
16:52 nengard is there a bug for that?
16:52 nengard I assume so
16:52 jcamins nengard: somewhere...
16:52 * jcamins reported one at some point.
16:52 wizzyrea bug 2813
16:52 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2813 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Holds to Pull ( to be limited by SingleBranchMode
16:53 wizzyrea uh, bug 4941
16:53 jcamins nengard: there's a possibility that it was fixed in the last few months, I suppose.
16:53 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4941 normal, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , Can't set branch in staff client when singleBranchMode is enabled
16:53 wizzyrea ...but isn't that the point?
16:53 nengard right
16:53 Oak me go now
16:53 nengard i'm not seeing a bug about SingleBranchMode and holds
16:53 jcamins wizzyrea: yes, that is the point, I thought.
16:53 Oak left #koha
16:53 jcamins nengard: hm. It might be broken.
16:53 jcamins *fixed
16:53 * jcamins sighs.
16:53 wizzyrea can we close that bug as "invalid"
16:53 wizzyrea jcamins
16:54 wizzyrea 4941
16:54 francharb_afk am i dreaming? there was a permission before that allow librarian to set or not their library?
16:54 francharb_afk right?
16:54 francharb_afk s/there was/there were
16:54 wizzyrea singlebranchmode, I thought
16:54 nengard it's a dup of bug 7156
16:54 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7156 major, P5 - low, ---, paul.poulain, NEW , singleBranchMode description wrong
16:54 francharb_afk wizzyrea, but it's a syspref, not a patron permission...
16:55 wizzyrea no, I don't think there was
16:55 francharb_afk hummm
16:55 francharb_afk thanks
16:55 wizzyrea I'm going to double check tho
16:55 jcamins wizzyrea: arguably it should be split into two sysprefs, and made so that it doesn't impact anything else.
16:56 wizzyrea well ian has a point - we oughta just count brances
16:56 wizzyrea and there's a bug for that too
16:56 wizzyrea[…]=singlebranchmode
16:56 wizzyrea bug 7314
16:56 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7314 minor, P4, ---, ian.walls, NEW , Remove singleBranchMode system preference in favour of counting configured branches
16:56 jcamins wizzyrea: except, really, there should be an option to not let people change which branch they're looking at.
16:56 wizzyrea ^^ is the right path, I think
16:56 jcamins Which is what nengard asked for initially.
16:57 wizzyrea right, SBM apparently does that
16:57 nengard so what we need is to close some of those and open a new one that says SingleBranchMode should be two prefs
16:57 nengard one for staff and one for opac
16:57 nengard becuase right now it does both but says it only does opac
16:57 nengard right??
16:57 wizzyrea or just change the pref descriptions
16:57 jcamins nengard: well, that's what bug 4941 is about. Also, "SingleBranchMode" should be renamed, becuse it's a confusing name.
16:57 wizzyrea single branch is a single branch in both opac and intranet
16:58 jcamins *because
16:58 * wizzyrea doesn't find it confusing
16:58 jcamins And SingleBranchMode should *only* affect display, not holds too.
16:58 nengard bug 7156 says the description is wrong
16:58 nengard but i agree with jcamins that we should have two prefs
16:58 wizzyrea now I can get behind that
16:58 wizzyrea WHY
16:58 nengard cause one to control both staff and opac is silly
16:58 jcamins wizzyrea: centralized cataloging.
16:58 wizzyrea mmmmmm there are other ways around that
16:59 wizzyrea that don't involve single branch mode.
16:59 jcamins wizzyrea: the workaround is jcamins_lib1, jcamins_lib2, jcamins_lib3, jcamins_lib4, if you're insistent on using single branch mode.
16:59 jcamins wizzyrea: yes, the best option is to not use single branch mode at all.
16:59 jcamins But some libraries insist.
17:00 reiveune bye
17:00 wizzyrea then i assert that SBM should ONLY do the OPAC
17:00 reiveune left #koha
17:00 wizzyrea like the description says
17:00 jcamins wizzyrea: that makes sense to me.
17:00 wizzyrea because any quote 123 that a library can come up with for the staff sied
17:01 wizzyrea I think we can deal with using the tools we've already got
17:01 jcamins wizzyrea: and then just use jQuery to hide the selection thing on the staff client if necessary.
17:01 jcamins wizzyrea: but I think SingleBranchMode is a confusing name, since it makes it sound like you're disabling multiple branches, when really you should just be changing the OPAC.
17:02 wizzyrea it is if we decide that SBM is really OPAC-SBM
17:02 wizzyrea if SBM does nothing to the intranet
17:02 kf jcamins: I think it was made for libraries with only 1 branch - so should work everywhere
17:02 wizzyrea it makes sense to specify
17:02 rangi what kf said
17:03 kf :)
17:03 wizzyrea which actually brings me back to my original point, that libraries with multiple branches shouldn't be using single branch mode ever.
17:03 rangi what wizzyrea said
17:03 wizzyrea because that is not what it's for.
17:03 rangi ziggactly
17:04 ago43 is now known as ago43_lunch
17:04 rangi its for when you are a single branch
17:04 wizzyrea it sounds like you have a quote 123 on your hands
17:04 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #562: SUCCESS in 1 h 49 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/562/
17:04 jenkins_koha semarie-koha: Bug 7316 - Missing escaping in search results
17:04 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7316 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, semarie-koha, ASSIGNED , Missing escaping in search results
17:04 kf team #koha support
17:04 jcamins wizzyrea: right.
17:04 jcamins kf: I don't really see the point, though.
17:04 kf yay!
17:04 jcamins I mean, counting is easy enough.
17:04 * jcamins agrees with that statement.
17:04 jenkins_koha Starting build 22 for job Koha_3.6.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:04 jcamins @quote get 123
17:04 huginn` jcamins: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
17:04 jcamins huginn`: hey!
17:04 huginn` jcamins: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
17:05 * wizzyrea finds instances of quote 123 all over the place now
17:05 wizzyrea and not just in libraries.
17:06 wizzyrea you might, given enough hours with me, hear me utter "oh god, they are quote 123'ing it!"
17:07 wizzyrea additionally - I think the original problem is really a people problem.
17:07 wizzyrea a training problem.
17:07 wizzyrea "don't do that!"
17:07 rangi they usually always are
17:08 rangi there is so much stuff in koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to'
17:08 rangi please punish the whole world for me
17:08 melia joined #koha
17:08 jcamins @quote add rangi: there is so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to' rangi: please punish the whole world for me
17:08 huginn` jcamins: Error: You must be registered to use this command. If you are already registered, you must either identify (using the identify command) or add a hostmask matching your current hostmask (using the "hostmask add" command).
17:09 * jcamins gives up.
17:09 francharb_afk rangi++
17:09 wizzyrea @quote add member:rangi: there is so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to' member:rangi: please punish the whole world for me
17:09 huginn` wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #172 added.
17:09 francharb_afk for this one
17:10 francharb_afk i'm please to see it's only a french problem
17:10 francharb_afk ;)
17:10 rangi hehe
17:10 wizzyrea @quote delete 172
17:10 rangi not just a library one too
17:10 huginn` wizzyrea: I'll give you the answer just as soon as RDA is ready
17:10 francharb_afk s/it's only/it's not only
17:10 rangi most software has stuff like that in it
17:13 francharb_afk i know but it feels like, since it's open source, people think they can customize as hell their system but when you come to upgrade, well, custom system is not that funny anymore...
17:13 jcamins Description of the relator term "bookseller": "Interest in the material is primarily lucrative."
17:13 jcamins Oh yeah? Just ask Borders!
17:13 wizzyrea @quote get 172
17:13 huginn` wizzyrea: Error: There is no Quote with id #172 in my database for #koha.
17:13 wizzyrea @quote get 173
17:13 rangi francharb_afk: exactly
17:13 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #173: "rangi: there is so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to. Please punish the whole world for me.'" (added by wizzyrea at 05:10 PM, December 09, 2011)
17:14 francharb_afk i need to go!
17:14 francharb_afk see ya
17:14 * wizzyrea understands how most quotes get added by her now.
17:14 wizzyrea be
17:14 wizzyrea bye
17:16 hdl left #koha
17:20 kf bye wizzyrea
17:20 paul_p left #koha
17:20 wizzyrea oh I"m not going anywhere
17:20 wizzyrea francharb_afk was ;)
17:22 kf oh
17:22 kf I should go
17:22 wizzyrea bye kf :)
17:22 rangi if im awake, you shouldnt be at work
17:22 rangi thats the rule hehe
17:23 wizzyrea hehe
17:23 kf oh no
17:23 kf I broke the rule
17:23 * wizzyrea shoos kf
17:29 kf hmpf
17:29 kf okok
17:29 kf bye all
17:29 kf left #koha
17:34 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #68: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 h 25 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.4.x/68/
17:34 jenkins_koha semarie-koha: Bug 7316 - Missing escaping in search results
17:34 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7316 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, semarie-koha, ASSIGNED , Missing escaping in search results
17:35 rangi  two blue now!
17:41 * wizzyrea cheers
17:41 rhcl what do the #numbers on the graph mean?
17:41 jcamins Build numbers, I think.
17:42 rangi yep
17:45 chris_n rangi: hopefully three blue before the end of the day :)
17:45 * wizzyrea ponders the blue balls of jenkins
17:47 * wizzyrea hopes that you are all laughing too hard to continue typing.
17:48 rangi im shocked!!!
17:48 rhcl yea, that was my reaction too
17:48 rhcl at least she's pondering and not pounding
17:49 wizzyrea ^^
17:51 jcamins Yikes. Poor David.
17:52 jcamins DocBook->proprietary DTD->MARC = :'(
17:54 rangi yeah .. not easy
17:56 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:59 libsysguy for a report can i do a selector for itemtype from biblioitems?
18:00 libsysguy nevermind I Think i found it on the wiki
18:00 libsysguy maybe :p
18:02 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.6.x build #22: SUCCESS in 57 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]ob/Koha_3.6.x/22/
18:02 jenkins_koha semarie-koha: Bug 7316 - Missing escaping in search results
18:02 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7316 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, semarie-koha, ASSIGNED , Missing escaping in search results
18:02 rhcl is now known as rhcl_lunch
18:03 trea is now known as trea-lunch
18:06 cait joined #koha
18:07 * jcamins hands cait a cookie to reward her for having left work only shortly after rangi got up.
18:07 cait heh
18:07 cait positive reinforcement,nice
18:07 * cait nibbles on her cookie
18:14 stuartyeates joined #koha
18:22 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
18:22 ago43_lunch is now known as ago43
18:24 jcamins chris_n: around?
18:25 chris_n yup
18:26 jcamins chris_n: I need your opinion on something: the cover images will need to be retrieved on both the intranet and OPAC. How should that be handled? An script and a catalogue/ script?
18:28 jcamins All the code that actually does the work was moved out of the .pl script and into a .pm, but there's still a little duplication.
18:28 * chris_n wonders if the image retrieval could be a function in a pm rather than a stand-alone
18:29 jcamins chris_n: the problem is that it has to be served by Apache, which means that there has to be a .pl to actually output the image data.
18:30 chris_n I suppose you'll have to do two scripts then
18:30 jcamins Unless, I suppose, I export both a RetrieveImage function and a ServeImage function, the latter of which produces the output with headers.
18:31 jcamins (so that all the script does is have the single call "print ServeImage($query)";
18:33 jcamins I really don't like having anything to do with the UI in the pm, though.
18:37 jcamins chris_n: thanks. Just checking you didn't have any better ideas.
18:38 chris_n its friday and I've run out of good ideas for the week ;-)
18:38 chris_n but what you said sounds fine to me
18:38 jcamins You get a quota of good ideas per *week*?
18:38 * chris_n is also tired of debugging a script which takes 5 min to execute each run
18:38 * jcamins is jealous. :P
18:39 chris_n heh
18:39 cait heh
18:39 jcamins chris_n: oh, I hate debugging scripts like that.
18:42 tfaile_ joined #koha
18:42 tater joined #koha
18:43 tfaile left #koha
18:43 mtate left #koha
18:44 phasefx_ left #koha
18:47 phasefx joined #koha
18:51 Ccorrales joined #koha
18:53 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
19:01 talljoy_away left #koha
19:02 francharb` joined #koha
19:06 libsysguy anybody using SSL with Koha
19:06 rangi yup
19:06 libsysguy apache keeps dying on me when i enable the ssl engine with the path to the key/crt
19:07 libsysguy and I can't figure out what im doing wrong (first ssl config)
19:07 rangi hmm that wont be a koha specific thing
19:07 rangi nothing in the error log?
19:07 libsysguy i figured i screwed up somewhere :p
19:07 libsysguy I didn't see anything
19:07 libsysguy i was tailing it
19:07 rangi did you do a stop, then a start?
19:07 libsysguy just a restart
19:08 wizzyrea tailing the main log or the log for the virtualhost?
19:08 rangi try a stop then start
19:08 rangi it might be asking for a pass phrase
19:08 libsysguy main log
19:08 libsysguy rangi thats it
19:08 wizzyrea woohoo
19:08 rangi yeah
19:08 rangi so thats cool security wise
19:08 libsysguy rangi++
19:08 rangi kinda suck
19:08 jcamins Does it ask for a passphrase every time it starts?
19:09 rangi practicality wise
19:09 rangi yes
19:09 jcamins That seems less than ideal.
19:09 rangi if you chose to put a passphrase on the key
19:09 libsysguy indeed
19:09 rangi well you can use ssl for lots of things
19:09 wizzyrea curiosity - does a restart break it every time then?
19:09 rangi yes, so you will want to strip the passphrase
19:09 wizzyrea or once it's authd it's cool
19:09 francharb_afk left #koha
19:09 rangi if you want to use it with apache
19:10 wizzyrea ew.
19:10 libsysguy gotcha
19:10 libsysguy and yes ew
19:10 wizzyrea the things you learn here.
19:10 libsysguy secondly...I guess I should configure the virtualhost to use 443 instead of just dumping SSL in the normal opac config
19:11 libsysguy if i just put the config in the opac side of things i get a 400 error
19:11 rangi yes
19:12 libsysguy cool
19:12 rangi i have 2 opac virtualhosts
19:12 rangi one on port 80
19:12 rangi that just redirects to the 443 one
19:12 libsysguy i suppose I should listen on 443 as well
19:13 libsysguy oh look at that its already enabled
19:13 libsysguy those guys working on apache :p
19:13 rangi[…]e&kbarticleid=122
19:13 libsysguy awww yeahhh rangi ++
19:14 rangi make sure you get the permissions on the file write, so its not readable by all
19:14 rangi or even group
19:14 rangi just root
19:14 rangi right
19:14 libsysguy i think the group permissions are just set on ssl_group
19:14 rangi since now without a passphrase anyone can use it if they get hold of it
19:14 libsysguy or something of the like
19:14 libsysguy right
19:15 libsysguy rangi i give you this link
19:15 rangi teehee
19:16 rangi heh libsysguy
19:16 trea-lunch is now known as trea
19:16 wizzyrea oh my
19:16 libsysguy use it wisely
19:16 wizzyrea Slurp by the author of The Tipping Point - What kittens' tongues teach us about derivatives
19:17 rangi its funny, cos its true
19:17 wizzyrea *nod*
19:17 wizzyrea keke
19:17 wizzyrea "Blank - 300 empty pages to fill with your own (*&#(@$ theories"
19:18 wizzyrea hey jcamins what's the marc field for subtitle, 245 ---- h?
19:18 Rural joined #koha
19:18 rangi b isnt it?
19:18 wizzyrea b! yes
19:18 wizzyrea I just konw people get mad when bpnh are missing, i can never remember which is which
19:18 wizzyrea p is part I know
19:18 * rangi stabs himself for knowing that
19:18 wizzyrea n is number
19:18 wizzyrea s
19:19 rangi hhehe nicoe
19:19 rangi im gonna call nengard that now
19:19 Rural When setting the IP range of a library, can one set oddball ranges, like a /20?
19:19 nengard oh no
19:19 nengard did i have a typo?
19:19 nengard i'm trying to do 300 things at once and can't type fast enough
19:20 rangi yep, in your name :)
19:20 wizzyrea go slow, homie.
19:20 nengard can't go slow
19:20 nengard too much to get done
19:20 nengard and i'm gone all next week :(
19:20 wizzyrea oof
19:20 nengard 5 days away for training on this one
19:20 wizzyrea bummer
19:20 nengard couldn't get good flights
19:21 jcamins wizzyrea: 245$h is medium.
19:21 jcamins wizzyrea: also, watch this:
19:21 jcamins @marc 245 h
19:21 huginn` jcamins: Medium
19:21 jcamins ^^ isn't that cool?
19:21 wizzyrea hrmph
19:21 wizzyrea :)
19:22 wizzyrea can you string them together
19:22 wizzyrea @marc bpnh
19:22 huginn` wizzyrea: unknown tag bpnh
19:22 wizzyrea see
19:22 wizzyrea that's what I needed :P
19:22 wizzyrea @marc b
19:22 huginn` wizzyrea: unknown tag b
19:22 wizzyrea oh
19:22 wizzyrea @marc 245 bpnh
19:22 huginn` wizzyrea: unknown field/subfield combination (245/bpnh)
19:23 jcamins wizzyrea: if you put the subfields in that order, your catalogers are liable to bite your head off.
19:23 wizzyrea eh, i'm tasty. let em bite.
19:23 jcamins Just FYI. ;)
19:24 Rural So... No way to specify non-aligned sub-net ranges (ie. a /20)?
19:25 jcamins Rural: not to my knowledge.
19:25 jcamins Rural: making the IP range support the standard /n notation would be pretty nifty, though.
19:25 jcamins And shouldn't be too hard.
19:25 jcamins *hinthint*
19:25 jcamins ;)
19:28 libsysguy rangi how did you do your redirect...did you actually do a redirect or just a rewite rule?
19:28 Rural jcamins: Thanks. And I agree. It would be nifty.
19:28 rangi redirect
19:28 libsysguy ok cool, except the login page?
19:29 rangi no, whole site is ssl
19:29 rangi hit
19:30 libsysguy ahh well played sir...
19:30 jcamins Rural: you should try it. It would be a good way to get your feet wet on the code, if you haven't contributed anything yet. :)
19:31 melia is now known as melia_away
19:31 jcamins rangi: what have you done to me?!? I've been channelling you all day!
19:31 rangi heh
19:39 Rural jcamins: I've got about 20 minutes of experience running Koha. Jumping into the code would be premature. But after I've got some more experience... I'll put it on my list.
19:40 wizzyrea ah yea, making koha better is on everyone's list
19:40 jcamins Rural: nonsense. Fresh eyes are always welcome. :D
19:41 Rural On a different topic: There must be catalogs of common books that one can import into Koha. Probably a plethora to choose from. Any pointers/suggestions?
19:41 jcamins irspy?
19:41 jcamins irspy is
19:41 jcamins irspy?
19:41 wahanui irspy is, like,
19:41 jcamins There we go.
19:41 jcamins wahanui: forget irspy
19:41 wahanui jcamins: I forgot irspy
19:41 jcamins irspy is a good source for identifying Z39.50 targets. See
19:42 jcamins irspy?
19:42 wahanui somebody said irspy was a good source for identifying Z39.50 targets. See
19:42 jcamins Even better.
19:42 jcamins Rural: irspy has a list of Z39.50 targets you can use.
19:43 Rural Thanks.
19:43 Rural Or can Koha tie into an online catalog? That would be much better.
19:44 wizzyrea koha is an online catalog :P
19:44 Rural Nice.
19:44 wizzyrea what are you trying to do exactly?
19:44 wizzyrea the first question?
19:44 wahanui somebody said the first question was "What are you trying to do?"
19:44 wizzyrea keke
19:45 Rural Just trying to save our librarians from having to enter all of a book's information.
19:45 wizzyrea oh
19:45 Rural I see that I can import Marc records.
19:45 jcamins Rural: that's what copy cataloging is all about. You'd use Z39.50 if you don't have a subscription to OCLC.
19:46 wizzyrea ^^
19:46 Rural Ok.
19:46 wizzyrea so there's a button
19:46 wizzyrea in cataloging
19:46 wizzyrea z39.50 search
19:47 * wizzyrea just goes to the manual... one minute
19:47 wizzyrea manual?
19:47 wahanui manual is, like, at
19:47 wizzyrea http://manual.koha-community.o[…]ng.html#addbibrec
19:47 Rural Gotcha.
19:48 wizzyrea most times people do this by ISBN
19:48 Rural Ya. I'm digging through the manual and reading a newbie guide. It's a lot to take in.
19:48 Rural But I'm not complaining.
19:48 wizzyrea koha does lots of stuff :)
19:48 wizzyrea but, that 2nd link up there is pretty much exctly what you're wanting to do
19:48 wizzyrea or at least, as I understand it
20:00 Rural Ya. This is making sense. I don't think I've been successful at adding a Z39.50 search target. But I get the picture.
20:00 Rural Thanks.
20:00 rangi Rural: you arent behind a firewall eh?
20:00 rangi sometimes you need to open some outbound ports
20:01 jcamins Rural: if you installed the sample Z39.50 servers, the LC one should Just Work.
20:01 rangi (as well as get the right config)
20:03 trea any suggestions on how to deal with a zebraqueue that doesn't seem to be updating via the cronjob?
20:03 Rural I don't think it's a firewall issue. (Networks are my thing.)
20:04 wizzyrea oh did you install the sample z servers?
20:04 jcamins trea: How do you know it's not updating?
20:04 Rural Just have to find one that I don't need a name or password to access.
20:04 trea select * from zebraqueue has a ton of old stuff in it
20:04 rangi where done is 0 ?
20:04 jcamins trea: and if you run it manually with -v, does it say anything?
20:05 jcamins Rural: none of the servers listed on irspy should require username/password, so far as I know.
20:05 rangi cos select * will show you done stuff too, unless you use the where
20:06 jwagner trea, this query will show you titles of bibs that are waiting for indexing: select, zebraqueue.biblio_auth_number, zebraqueue.operation, zebraqueue.server, zebraqueue.done, zebraqueue.time, biblio.title from zebraqueue join biblio on (zebraqueue.biblio_auth_number = biblio.biblionumber) where done = '0' and zebraqueue.server = 'biblioserver'
20:07 trea ah, my bad. in this case using where done = 0 only shows a few items, that are well within the cron's interval
20:07 Rural Hmmm... I don't see any sample Z39.50 servers.
20:07 trea thanks for the help everyone
20:09 Rural Suppose I should find the sample ones to install.
20:10 Ccorrales left #koha
20:11 jcamins Rural: I'd imagine it would be just as fast to just enter LC by hand.
20:13 Rural Ah! Library of Congress. Gotcha.
20:16 wizzyrea @quote get 173
20:16 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #173: "rangi: there is so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg my staff wont do what they are told to. Please punish the whole world for me.'" (added by wizzyrea at 05:10 PM, December 09, 2011)
20:16 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
20:17 jcamins wizzyrea: was that in response to something?
20:17 jcamins Quote #173: "rangi: there?
20:17 wahanui i heard Quote #173: "rangi: there was so much stuff in Koha that is a result of 'omg huginn`'s staff wont do what they are told to. Please punish the whole world for me.'" (added by wizzyrea at 05:10 PM, December 09, 2011)
20:17 wizzyrea um, yes and no
20:17 wizzyrea it makes me laugh
20:17 jcamins Ah. Yes, it makes me laugh, too.
20:17 rangi @quote get 130
20:17 huginn` rangi: Quote #130: "rangi: or you could save time and just slam your head on the desk multiple times now, cos without tracking ur changes, ull be doing that after trying to upgrade" (added by wizzyrea at 07:02 PM, April 27, 2011)
20:17 rangi thats my fave
20:17 wizzyrea hehe
20:17 jcamins That one is pretty great.
20:17 wizzyrea that's a good one too
20:17 trea indeed
20:18 wizzyrea you'd end up with about the same amount of brain left either way
20:19 rangi and the kitten one
20:19 jcamins @quote get 129
20:19 huginn` jcamins: Quote #129: "jcamins: take to heart the old saying- 'don't be a git, use git." (added by wizzyrea at 07:01 PM, April 27, 2011)
20:19 rangi @quote get 115
20:19 huginn` rangi: Quote #115: "chris: friends don't let friends use proprietary software." (added by chris_n at 05:36 PM, January 19, 2011)
20:19 rangi hmm
20:19 rangi @quote get 90
20:19 Rural Alright! Z39.50 searches are working. Almost ready to throw a librarian at this system.
20:19 huginn` rangi: Error: There is no Quote with id #90 in my database for #koha.
20:19 wizzyrea @quote search kitten
20:19 huginn` wizzyrea: 2 found: #91: "<chris> Free as in kittens is a silly phrase..." and #95: "< robin> to be honest, I think if you mention..."
20:19 rangi that one!
20:19 wizzyrea @quote get 91
20:19 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #91: "<chris> Free as in kittens is a silly phrase that should die, if FOSS is free as in kittens, proprietary software is free as in an inbred purebreed cat. That costs thousands of dollars in vet bills every year and is slightly retarded." (added by wizzyrea at 08:42 PM, August 19, 2010)
20:19 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn`.
20:20 rangi and robins too
20:20 rangi @quote get 95
20:20 huginn` rangi: Quote #95: "< robin> to be honest, I think if you mention Koha and Perl, your CV could say your hobbies include puppy-kitten cage-fights, and you'd be snapped up :)" (added by chris at 09:36 PM, October 06, 2010)
20:20 wizzyrea lol
20:20 wizzyrea @quote search bacon
20:20 huginn` wizzyrea: 2 found: #16: "< wizzyrea> i mean, the point of american bacon..." and #17: "<wizzyrea> holy flaming bacon batman!"
20:20 wizzyrea @quote get 17
20:20 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #17: "<wizzyrea> holy flaming bacon batman!" (added by jdavidb at 09:40 PM, July 17, 2009)
20:23 Rural left #koha
20:36 schuster joined #koha
20:39 schuster Confused looking at the download koha link - 3.6.1 was released November 29th, 2011, and it is saying 3.4.7 was released Dec 7th.  I assume that is really 3.6.? the most recently done?
20:39 jcamins schuster: no, that's correct. There are multiple stable versions.
20:40 jcamins 3.6.1 is the most up-to-date stable version, but 3.4.7 was released after 3.6.1.
20:41 schuster OK so if I wanted the most stable up to date I should go for the 3.6.1?  We're going to build a community server for possible production next summer and have to give information to a third party.
20:41 jcamins schuster: that's correct.
20:42 schuster Thanks as always you are a wealth of information!
20:42 jcamins schuster: but by next summer, there will be new versions.
20:42 jcamins By the end of this month, there will be 3.6.2.
20:42 jcamins And by June there should be a 3.8.2 or so.
20:42 schuster ok thanks
20:42 schuster Yes, but I have to get them moving now or it will be 6 months before they do anything again!
20:43 jcamins schuster: of course.
20:43 jcamins Just make sure they don't think that providing you 3.6.1 is good enough for next summer. ;)
20:43 rhcl_lunch schuster: what do you mean by community server?
20:43 rhcl_lunch is now known as rhcl
20:44 jcamins rhcl: a server that uses Koha and not a proprietary fork.
20:53 rhcl well, that sounds like koha to me, w/o adjectives
20:53 jcamins rhcl: agreed.
20:53 Guillaume1 joined #koha
21:03 schuster Yes sorry, I'm living on the dark side wanting to come back into the light...
21:07 cait left #koha
21:07 rhcl WB!
21:07 * jcamins can't remember his log on to Bugzilla at the moment. Could someone please ask Albert to attach the offending record to bug 2629?
21:07 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2629 minor, PATCH-Sent, ---, ago, ASSIGNED , Diacritics not being ignored when searching
21:08 jcamins ago43: Oh, or I could just ask you directly. Could you please attach the offending record to bug 2629?
21:09 jwagner left #koha
21:16 libsysguy left #koha
21:21 talljoy joined #koha
21:26 trea is 942$n the standard field for opac suppression?
21:28 jcamins trea: usually.
21:28 jcamins For MARC21.
21:28 trea okay, that being said - when the opacsuppression syspref is enabled, and you edit marc records to specify the 942$n to suppress said record, should this take effect immediately? or does it go into the zebraqueue and becomes suppressed after the next run of the zebra cron.
21:28 jcamins The latter.
21:28 trea okay, that would explain it then. jcamins++
21:38 melia_away is now known as melia
21:38 maximep left #koha
21:45 jcamins Hey, does anyone know why item records appear in reverse order in
21:49 jcamins @quote get 123
21:49 huginn` jcamins: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
21:49 JesseM left #koha
21:49 jcamins Ah, right. Thanks, huginn`.
21:53 talljoy1 joined #koha
21:53 schuster Like oldest first or?  what order do you see?
21:54 jcamins schuster: I have the newest item on the top.
21:54 jcamins But on every other page, the newest item is at the bottom.
21:58 talljoy left #koha
22:06 schuster sorry my test system is belly up...  New project for the weekend
22:06 jcamins It'd be a shame if you had nothing to do. :P
22:06 jcamins That'd be boring.
22:07 jcamins And would deny me your company while I'm working on Koha this weekend.
22:07 schuster look at the date added they are not sequential that way are they?
22:07 schuster I was looking at the demo online and that is how those are sorted.
22:08 ago43 left #koha
22:08 jcamins Oh, and because I'm adding them one after the other, it's random?
22:08 jcamins That could be.
22:08 jcamins It's just a minor annoyance.
22:09 magnus_afk is now known as magnus_away
22:10 schuster On the regular display at one time those were "sorted" by the item type.  I am not sure now we would have to look at the template for holdings - table sort
22:11 wizzyrea the regular display is sorted by homebranch -> acquisition date
22:11 wizzyrea dsc
22:11 wizzyrea I believe.
22:11 wizzyrea well... I take that back
22:11 jcamins Hm.
22:11 wizzyrea currently
22:11 wizzyrea it's doing it by holdingbranch
22:11 wizzyrea which is dumb.
22:11 wizzyrea unless that patch I did got in...
22:12 schuster jcamins - I'm leaving you in better hands...  wizzyrea knows more than I and has done more patches!
22:13 jcamins schuster: it was just idle curiosity. As I said, it's only a minor annoyance. The collectors aren't interested in the staff client.
22:13 wizzyrea bug 7271
22:13 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7271 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wizzyrea, ASSIGNED , Revert getitems default sort to homebranch instead of holding branch
22:13 wizzyrea tht will need quite a lot of testing
22:14 jcamins Ohhh. I see. I bet this is a side effect of sekjal's patch for improving the efficiency.
22:14 wizzyrea no, actually
22:14 wizzyrea side effect of one of owens patches to fix the links for the home branch in the opac
22:14 jcamins Huh.
22:14 wizzyrea and yes, I did in fact touch
22:15 wizzyrea and was terrified the whole time.
22:15 * jcamins sends wizzyrea a cookie.
22:15 * jcamins reconsiders, sends a bar of dark chocolate.
22:15 wizzyrea hehe ty
22:15 jcamins Like dementors, the only treatment for is chocolate.
22:15 wizzyrea (in all truth, I didn't find it *that* obtuse.)
22:16 wizzyrea (I mean, it was a little obtuse)
22:16 wizzyrea (but not obtuse)
22:16 jcamins Actually, isn't as bad as a lot of the other code. But it's still scary.
22:19 jcamins Incidentally, didn't Holding branch show up on the OPAC in the past?
22:20 * jcamins checks whether he jQuery-d it away.
22:20 wizzyrea yes - that was the problem, it was putting the holding branch's url on the home branch name
22:20 wizzyrea or the other way around I can't remember
22:20 wizzyrea but something like that, you wouldn't necessarily get the website of the library you clicked on
22:20 jcamins No, I mean, I don't see Holding branch *at all*.
22:21 wizzyrea i think that's because it only shows holding branch.
22:21 jcamins Ah.
22:21 jcamins Okay.
22:21 wizzyrea and doesn't show home branch
22:21 jcamins So that's not new.
22:21 wizzyrea right
22:21 wizzyrea nothing changed there
22:21 * jcamins had never thought about it one way or the other before.
22:22 wizzyrea personally, and I know for my libraries, it'd be nice to see the homebranch instead of the holding branch there
22:23 * jcamins would find that more useful, too.
22:23 wizzyrea you know I didn't ever actually pursue that
22:23 wizzyrea or if I did It was at a time when I was much dumber
22:26 * jcamins decides to call it a day.
22:26 jcamins I'll sign off on your patch, if you'd like. :)
22:26 jcamins Make it a syspref, defaulting to the current behavior.
22:26 jcamins Good night, #koha.
22:26 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:26 wizzyrea or just show both :P
22:26 jcamins_away Or that.
22:26 wizzyrea which was what we did in the staff client
22:27 wizzyrea i will think about that
22:27 * wizzyrea has never made a syspref
22:27 wizzyrea that's like admitting defeat around here.
22:27 wizzyrea ;)
22:35 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
22:37 schuster :) you learn and then I'll pester you later about how you did it.
22:44 Guillaume1 left #koha
22:53 The_Soup joined #koha
22:53 Soupermanito left #koha
22:53 schuster left #koha
22:58 trea is now known as trea-away
23:09 nengard left #koha
23:28 The_Soup left #koha
23:40 trea-away is now known as trea
23:43 NateC left #koha
23:44 trea anyone know if there is a bug with serial item deletions not updating their indexes in zebra?
23:53 jcamins_away trea: never heard of that.
23:53 * jcamins_away goes to eat dinner.

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary