IRC log for #koha, 2011-09-30

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 eythian @later tell NateC we had Abrakebabra for lunch. Just sayin'
00:02 huginn eythian: The operation succeeded.
00:04 rangi heh
00:04 BobB joined #koha
00:20 Soupermanito joined #koha
00:41 Irma left #koha
00:41 Irma joined #koha
01:17 gbarniskis left #koha
01:21 wajasu my master git pull, dev install, has koha-httpd.conf  with   ScriptAlias /search "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/opac/"  in the opac section.  but what should it be for the Intranet section.  "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/"  or maybe "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/catalogue/"  (the 1st isnt there). or am i misconfigured.
01:22 wajasu i was comparin my 3.4.4 install to the master dev install.
01:29 wajasu and what should mt ScriptAlias be for /cgi-bin/koha/ in my intranet section?
01:30 jcamins_away wajasu: what's wrong with the koha-httpd.conf that comes with Koha?
01:31 jcamins_away It seems to me using the supplied one would be a lot easier and a lot less error-prone.
01:34 wajasu i don't have the a2enmod, a2ensite apache tools (archlinux apache httpd server).  so i always have to teak my own.  i really have to add <Directory "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone ... ">   direftive the file to get access, since everything is denied by default.
01:35 jcamins_away wajasu: couldn't you just do the traditional ln -s /etc/apache2/sites-available/koha /etc/apache2/sites-enabled ?
01:35 Soupermanito left #koha
01:35 sijobl left #koha
01:37 wajasu but when i was inspecting the ScriptAlias entries, i saw the intranet Virtualhost  had ScriptAlias /search "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/"  for my dev install.  i'm trying to do a patch tonight.   and archlinnux doesn't have /etc/apache2...
01:38 jcamins_away You must have Apache configuration files somewhere...
01:39 wajasu i have /etc/httpd/conf/...  but no sites-available or sites-enabled.
01:39 jcamins_away Okay, just stick it in /etc/httpd/conf.
01:40 wajasu i linked that up fine.( ln -s).
01:40 jcamins_away Then enable mod_rewrite and you should be good to go.
01:40 wajasu what i an saying is:  do you have /search working for intranet at :8080?
01:40 jcamins_away Ah.
01:40 jcamins_away Probably not.
01:41 eythian No, I don't think that's required
01:41 jcamins_away Nope.
01:41 jcamins_away eythian: mod_rewrite isn't required?
01:41 jcamins_away The instructions say to enable it.
01:41 jcamins_away wajasu: that is, no, /search doesn't do anything.
01:41 eythian rewrite is different
01:42 eythian the /search thing isn't required
01:42 jcamins_away Oh. Gotcha.
01:42 * jcamins_away is a bit tired.
01:42 eythian although I note it is set up for the staff client
01:42 wajasu its an old vestigal organ from days gone by.
01:42 eythian ScriptAlias /search "/usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/"
01:42 eythian it allows things like: RewriteRule ^/isbn/([^\/]*)/?$ /search?q=isbn:$1 [PT]
01:44 wajasu ScriptAlias /search "/home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/"   is what my dev install (master pull) has.  which points to nothing, unless a rewrite handle that.
01:45 eythian ls: cannot access /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ No such file or directory
01:45 eythian same here
01:45 eythian I suspect it's been long broken
01:45 eythian and no one has ever tried to use it
01:45 wajasu thats what i am saying!
01:46 jcamins_away wajasu: sorry, I thought you were trying to write your own Apache config.
01:46 eythian So I think you'd be fine not setting it at all.
01:46 wajasu i'm about to run my master git pull, which will update, and was wiring up things and saw the discrepency.
01:46 eythian oh, me too
01:46 wajasu sorry. i just noticed it changed since 3.4.4
01:50 wajasu i also notice when i do a single or a dev install, my zebra-biblios.cfg, zebra-authorites.cfg and zebra-authorities-dom.cfg don't change the ModulesPath with my prefix.  Is that OK. Probably typical.  I change them to  /home/koha344/usr/lib/idzebra-2.0/modules.  I wish they got the /home/koha344 prefix put before /usr/lib/idzebra-2.0/modules lke everywhere else in the .cfg
01:50 rangi hmm that line is there in the 3.4.4 as well, in etc/koha-httpd.conf
01:51 eythian wajasu: the modules are defined by where you install zebra to, right?
01:51 eythian so how could the koha installer change them?
01:51 wajasu true
01:51 eythian If I do a dev install, my modules are still in /usr/lib/...
01:53 eythian it should really be defined by something in /etc that can be overridden on a case-by-case basis
01:55 wajasu it could only handle that if we put another question in the installer, or assume if i have a different prefix, that it would be consistent.
01:55 eythian everyone has a different prefix for dev installs
01:56 wajasu maybe another question in the installer for single and dev installs.
01:56 eythian or just install your zebra into the system location and have it not be a problem :)
01:56 wajasu true.
01:57 jcamins_away @later tell nengard This may sound kind of obvious, but a video on how to change your own password in Koha might not be a bad idea.
01:57 huginn jcamins_away: The operation succeeded.
01:59 wajasu if my DocumentRoot for opac is /home/koha344/prj/kohaclone/koha-tmpl   will that give them access to intranet-tmpl too?  I'll try.
02:02 eythian they don't run the files in -tmpl.
02:02 wajasu oh i see
02:02 wajasu its the cgi-bin stuff that matters
02:02 eythian yeah
02:04 wajasu so the cgi-bin for the intranet is?  .../kohaclone?
02:05 wajasu i get that the opac is .../kohaclone/opac
02:06 Irma left #koha
02:09 eythian left #koha
02:09 eythian joined #koha
02:33 wajasu trying to access the staff client, but get  Software error: Can't locate in @INC (@INC contains: /home/koha344/prj/kohaclone /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl /usr/share/perl5/site_perl   ...
02:34 jcamins_away Sounds like you're missing some Perl modules.
02:34 * eythian still thinks that running Debian would make life so much easier than Arch ;)
02:35 wajasu its the same user account as my 3.4.4 install, with its ~/.cpan that perlbrew populated.  I have none missing, when i run
02:35 jcamins_away Heh.
02:35 * jcamins_away agrees.
02:35 jcamins_away In that case, sounds like you need to add something to PERL5LIB.
02:36 jcamins_away No idea what.
02:36 wajasu maybe the PERL5LIB in koha_httpd.conf
02:36 jcamins_away Just speculating.
02:36 jcamins_away Yeah, that was my thought.
02:36 wajasu can i add multiple paths to that
02:36 jcamins_away I don't know.
02:36 jcamins_away Probably?
02:36 wahanui Probably is mate, Im not running the latest version on here.
02:37 eythian yes
02:37 wajasu i'll try to add my perlbrew based cpan
02:37 * eythian pats apt-get on the head. It's a good puppy.
02:38 wajasu and include the current one so i can get kohaclone/C4
02:40 sekjal joined #koha
02:41 * jcamins_away waves to sekjal.
02:42 sekjal hi, jcamins_away
02:44 jcamins_away Has anyone ever done an online survey for evaluating Koha?
02:45 jcamins_away Like, some sort of usability evaluation type thing.
02:50 * jcamins_away leaves everyone to ponder that thought, and goes to get some sleep.
02:50 jcamins_away Good night, #koha
02:54 eythian[…]7820110/lightbox/
02:55 rangi heh
02:55 rangi
02:56 rangi i still like the dog one
02:56 rangi[…]ou-seen-this-dog/
03:30 sekjal left #koha
03:36 sijobl joined #koha
04:12 mtj left #koha
04:17 mtj joined #koha
04:26 Oak joined #koha
04:27 * Oak waves
04:50 cait joined #koha
04:53 rangi hey cait
04:53 cait evening rangi :)
04:54 * rangi is on the bus home
04:54 * cait is getting ready for work :)
05:31 BobB left #koha
06:13 wajasu left #koha
06:14 Oak left #koha
06:18 liw rangi, I might be possible to persuade to go to Edinburgh for KohaCon and give a brief talk on... Debian packaging?
06:19 rangi perfect!
06:20 cait :)
06:20 laurence joined #koha
06:28 alex_away is now known as alex_a
06:28 alex_a hello :)
06:39 sophie_m joined #koha
06:47 cait left #koha
06:48 Guillaume joined #koha
06:58 paul_p joined #koha
06:58 paul_p good morning #koha
06:59 matts_away is now known as matts
07:02 francharb joined #koha
07:02 francharb hi #koha
07:35 francharb left #koha
07:39 francharb joined #koha
07:55 kf joined #koha
07:55 kf good morning #koha
07:59 ropuch hello kf [;
08:00 kf hi ropuch!
08:00 kf nice to see you
08:13 hdl joined #koha
08:25 pianohac1er joined #koha
08:25 hdl1 joined #koha
08:26 alex_a left #koha
08:27 alex_a joined #koha
08:27 pianohacker left #koha
08:27 danmc left #koha
08:28 danmc joined #koha
08:30 hdl left #koha
08:34 kmkale joined #koha
08:53 hdl1 left #koha
09:42 paul_p left #koha
09:46 paul_p_ joined #koha
09:56 Guillaume left #koha
10:01 reiveune joined #koha
10:02 reiveune hello
10:03 kf hi reiveune
10:09 hdl joined #koha
10:16 matts is now known as matts_away
10:17 hdl left #koha
10:18 hdl joined #koha
10:19 kmkale left #koha
10:27 paul_p_ left #koha
10:34 laurence1 joined #koha
10:40 laurence left #koha
11:27 jwagner joined #koha
11:41 nengard joined #koha
11:47 Guillaume joined #koha
12:00 matts_away is now known as matts
12:11 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6943] Create new budget from a copy of a previous budget <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6943>
12:15 oleonard joined #koha
12:26 JesseM joined #koha
12:26 oleonard Happy Friday #koha
12:28 paul_p joined #koha
12:32 paul_p_ joined #koha
12:33 oleonard Hello to both paul_p's
12:33 paul_p_ hi oleonard ;-)
12:34 * oleonard was just testing Bug 5877
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5877 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, paul.poulain, ASSIGNED , Offline circulation improvements : upload all files, apply at once
12:34 oleonard No, not that one.
12:34 oleonard Bug 5981
12:34 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5981 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, alex.arnaud, ASSIGNED , OPAC: Add limits to search history
12:39 paul_p left #koha
12:44 paul_p_ is now known as paul_p
12:46 NateC joined #koha
12:49 kf happy friday oleonard :)
12:51 * oleonard could have sworn he fixed Bug 6947 once before
12:51 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6947 minor, P5, ---, ian.walls, NEW , OPAC top-issues doesn't respect item-level itypes
12:53 oleonard Bug 3459
12:53 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3459 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, oleonard, RESOLVED FIXED, topissues doesn't take care of ccode.
12:54 oleonard Different I guess.
12:54 sekjal joined #koha
12:56 oleonard Hm, so Bugzilla now lists rel_2_2, rel_3_0, rel_3_2, rel_3_4, rel_3_6, and Rel_3_8. And now my teeth hurt.
12:59 rh_at_lita joined #koha
13:01 rh_at_lita @seen wizzyrea
13:01 huginn rh_at_lita: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 15 hours, 51 minutes, and 27 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> the carrying capacity of an unladen african swallow
13:02 paul_p left #koha
13:10 trea joined #koha
13:14 Guillaume left #koha
13:14 * oleonard wonders how kf managed to collect so much gold
13:16 paul_p joined #koha
13:20 * oleonard tries the KOCT in Firefox 7 but it doesn't appear to work
13:20 rh_at_lita koct?
13:20 oleonard[…]refox/addon/koct/
13:21 kf oleonard: gold digger genes?
13:21 kf oleonard: but it was really hard to get that chocolate fish!
13:25 kf s/gold digger/something nicer
13:25 NateC_ joined #koha
13:25 kf s/something nicer/gold miner
13:26 NateC left #koha
13:26 NateC_ is now known as NateC
13:26 talljoy joined #koha
13:32 maximep joined #koha
13:36 oleonard KOCT works in FF3.6, but it's really annoying that it doesn't save the patron barcode between transactions
13:37 maximep oleonard: thanks for the follow-up patch in bug 6945 =)
13:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6945 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, pelletiermaxime, ASSIGNED , Add a link to show a MARC preview in the normal view
13:37 oleonard Sure. I liked the idea to add the preview, so I was happy to contribute.
13:47 rh_at_lita is now known as rhcl_lita
13:47 kf maximep: was happy to see the budget duplicate feature!
13:47 kf hope to find time testing it
13:47 kf lots of libraries have asked me about a feature like that when I was presenting acq
13:47 maximep cool! :D
13:48 paul_p oleonard, what do you mean by doesn't appear to work ?
13:49 oleonard When I enter a patron card and item barcode and click "save" nothing happens.
13:49 oleonard No message that anything has been added, nothing in the log
13:49 paul_p mmm... strange works for me (just checked)
13:50 paul_p I get the "1 row added", "2 rows added" ...
13:50 oleonard Really? I'll have to check again. It may be a compatibility issue with one of my other addons.
13:50 paul_p or mac ?
13:50 * oleonard has a password-manager addon that causes all kinds of trouble
13:53 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
13:53 jcamins Good morning, #koha
13:57 rhcl_lita jcamins
14:01 jcamins rhcl_lita: how's LITA?
14:01 jcamins (I gather that's where you are?)
14:11 rhcl_lita yep, at the preconference.  Session discussing cloud (Amazon AWS mostly), workshop on setting up instances and managing machines
14:11 rhcl_lita discussion of vufind DSpace, etc
14:11 jcamins AWS is pretty nifty. Learning anything useful?
14:12 rhcl_lita Yep, I have been intending to setup something on Amazon for a while, and just haven't gotten around to it, but this session is encouraging me to do something.
14:14 jcamins rhcl_lita: one of the features that I find really intriguing is RDS. Seems like a great way to manage a database.
14:14 rhcl_lita Presenter just talked about that--does sound good
14:16 jcamins Also nifty is the fact that they now offer a memcached server.
14:17 rhcl_lita​ic/cloudbestpractices-jvaria.pdf
14:21 jcamins They're up to Firefox 7? That was fast.
14:21 wizzyrea ^^ this makes me annoyed.
14:21 * oleonard too
14:23 trea pushing minor revisions into a product, and giving said product a whole new version number is no bueno.
14:24 oleonard Reminds me of something, it does.
14:35 nengard can someone tell me the values that can be found in constrainttype in the reserves table and what they mean?
14:35 * wizzyrea wishes the kiwis were up, I have a packaging question
14:36 wizzyrea nengard, sec
14:37 jcamins wizzyrea: a packaging question? I always find that asking my packaging question of the channel at large is a sure-fire way to realize my question had an obvious answer. ;)
14:37 wizzyrea more to do with building packages
14:38 maximep well firefox7 has big memory usage improvements. I don't even remember if ff6 had anything new :S
14:38 wizzyrea recent benchmarks say that 7 is faster than chrome
14:38 wizzyrea which would be great, because JEBUS firefox was a dog for a while
14:39 rhcl_lita any lightning comments on vufind?
14:39 wizzyrea an old dog. That couldn't see.
14:39 jcamins wizzyrea: yeah, those are the questions that I always find the answer to immediately after revealing my ignorance.
14:40 maximep firefox is so much better for my use case of opening hundreds of tabs in tab groups. Chrome couldn't do that
14:40 wizzyrea speak to me of this "tab groups" feature
14:40 * wizzyrea is also a zillions of tabs type
14:40 jcamins maximep: that sounds like something wizzyrea could use.
14:40 sekjal can anyone here change the maximum attachment size in
14:40 wizzyrea ^^ see, they know me ;)
14:40 wizzyrea gmcharlt might be able to
14:40 wizzyrea ping gmcharlt
14:41 maximep for every projct I work on I create a new tab group. This way it's all organized and doesn't need to open all the tabs every time
14:41 jcamins Grr. I can't find this book.
14:41 sekjal I want to attach an example for bug 6789 to make it easier to test, but the test by it's nature requires a file larger than the current 1000KB limit
14:41 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6789 minor, P5, ---, ian.walls, ASSIGNED , Biblios with many items can result in broken search results links
14:41 maximep ctrl+shift+e is bery useful =)
14:42 wizzyrea this seems compelling.
14:42 wizzyrea sekjal - you could (temporarily) host it elsewhere and post a link?
14:42 wizzyrea not optimal, but doable
14:43 rhcl_lita @seen paul_p
14:43 huginn rhcl_lita: paul_p was last seen in #koha 52 minutes and 31 seconds ago: <paul_p> or mac ?
14:43 wizzyrea nengard the only constrainttype I'm seeing is 'a'
14:43 paul_p rhcl_lita, you need me ?
14:43 wizzyrea and as to what that means... good question
14:44 rhcl_lita do you have any libraries running vufind (realizing you are a Solr promoter)?  A Bangladesh library is the only one listed running Koha and VUfind.
14:44 rhcl_lita
14:45 jcamins wizzyrea: by the way, what was your packaging question. I probably won't know the answer, but it's possible.
14:46 paul_p rhcl_lita, nope, we don't have anyone running vufind
14:46 nengard wizzyrea me too
14:46 nengard do we know what 'a' is?
14:47 nengard jcamins video idea added to my listr
14:47 nengard list
14:47 * oleonard gives these tab groups things a try
14:47 sekjal wizzyrea:  done, added link on bug report back to ByWater site
14:49 wizzyrea sekjal: it at least lets you get the work done :)
14:51 nengard in the same table (reserves) any idea what goes in notificationdate and reminderdate? it's not when a notice is sent ? cause i just tried that
14:52 oleonard I don't think those are used nengard
14:52 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6789] Biblios with many items can result in broken search results links <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6789>
14:53 NateC_ joined #koha
14:53 NateC left #koha
14:53 NateC_ is now known as NateC
14:54 nengard and finally in that table ? lowestPriority appears to always be 0
14:54 nengard any idea what it's used for?
14:54 oleonard Is it for when you "pin" someone at the bottom of the holds list?
14:55 nengard then wouldn't their priority number show that?
14:55 nengard let me try
14:56 nengard oleonard i'm not sure pinning even works
14:56 nengard fyi
14:57 wizzyrea certainly the buttons were messed up
14:57 wizzyrea eythian was supposed to be coming up for a fix for it... I can't remember if that got in
14:57 * wizzyrea checks
14:57 nengard the buttons move the person to the bottom but if i add someone else that new person goes below them
14:58 nengard pinning sounds like the bottom person shoould stay at the bottom
14:58 nengard anyway that field never changes in the db
14:58 nengard it's always 0 for me
14:58 nengard phone call time
15:00 wizzyrea same for me
15:06 reiveune left #koha
15:06 oleonard Left without saying goodbye!
15:07 reiveune joined #koha
15:07 wizzyrea yay reiveune is back!
15:07 reiveune not for a long time,
15:07 reiveune :) I'll be back
15:08 reiveune by
15:08 reiveune left #koha
15:10 wizzyrea oh there we go
15:10 wizzyrea at least he said goodbye that time.
15:10 wizzyrea :)
15:12 kf nengard: I think priority number would now show because it should always resort them to be the last - so changing numbers
15:13 kf hm scrolling down would be good... *sighs*
15:16 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
15:19 wizzyrea hi kf :)
15:19 wizzyrea glad you're back
15:22 Oak joined #koha
15:22 Oak hello #koha
15:22 rhcl_lita hi hi
15:23 Oak :) :)
15:24 slef oh wow. Is my nick feminine, masculine, or neutral?
15:24 Oak neutral I think
15:24 slef I didn't pick it. I never even considered this before.
15:24 kf I know the problem
15:25 wizzyrea neutral, in both cases.
15:25 wizzyrea :P
15:25 slef ok, I've put that in
15:25 melia joined #koha
15:25 alex_a left #koha
15:26 * oleonard pondered for a moment what feminine names start with "O"
15:26 Oak Olga
15:26 wizzyrea Olivia
15:26 slef Odd-job
15:26 wizzyrea Octavia
15:26 slef this is always one of two problems I have with gender/participation surveys... I don't really pay much attention to it
15:26 * jcamins considers his neutral. He could be "Joan Camins." Actually, he keeps on getting e-mails for her.
15:27 slef jcamins: I keep getting emails for a school near London.
15:27 rhcl_lita I think slef is masculine - sounds like a Scandinavian mythical character
15:27 oleonard Oh yeah, I've gotten emails for Orla Leonard
15:28 oleonard In particular because she puts in my email address when trying to reset her passwords
15:28 kf marc makes my brain hurt :(
15:28 jcamins That is not a name I've heard before.
15:28 slef rhcl_lita: actually, if you want to look at Scandinavians, SLEF is the Swedish Lutheran Evangelical Foundation; and I believe it's a word in Icelandic
15:28 jcamins kf: as it does to everyone's brain. :(
15:29 slef jcamins: there's a BBC reporter called Orla Guerin... was in the middle East last I remember
15:30 kf yeah, but it doesn't help when 3 different fields from union catalog end up in the same marc field :(
15:30 oleonard Uh oh, Orla hasn't updated her Twitter since August. Maybe because she can't reset her password?
15:30 kf @marc 581
15:30 huginn kf: A citation to or information about a publication that is a study or analysis of the described materials. (Repeatable) [a,z,3,6,8]
15:31 kf jcamins: can you shorten that to a label for me? plz? :)
15:32 kf jcamins: never mind, I think I found something
15:33 jcamins kf: I'd have to think about that a bit.
15:34 matts is now known as matts_away
15:34 kf it's ok :)
15:34 kf no reason to make your brain hurt - I will ask the library what they want
15:34 jcamins :)
15:34 wizzyrea she sends them to your acpl email?
15:34 wizzyrea or your gmail
15:37 oleonard gmail
15:37 slef kf, jcamins: calls it "Publications About Described Materials Note" - not sure what copyright licence that's under, though.
15:37 jcamins slef: I think the problem is that it needs a _short_ label.
15:38 slef like how short?
15:38 slef Materials Publications Note?
15:38 * oleonard thinks we need a Tags component for Bugzilla
15:38 slef trouble is you lose meaning all the while
15:39 jcamins slef: yeah, that's the problem.
15:39 jcamins But I think that's the length kf was looking for.
15:40 sophie_m left #koha
15:40 Oak give it a nickname
15:41 jcamins Like "Ben"?
15:41 wizzyrea "tickles"
15:41 Oak how about Maria
15:41 Oak hehe
15:41 Oak tickles :)
15:43 jcamins Oy. I have a 10am and a 6:30pm on Monday.
15:43 Oak good luck!
15:44 jcamins Oak: they're not daunting meetings, just widely spaced.
15:44 Oak :) still, a meeting is a meeting
15:45 jcamins True.
15:46 huginn New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6716] Database Documentation <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6716>
15:47 rhcl_lita re: VUFind I love the 'text this' option in the catalog.
15:47 rhcl_lita It saves paper, I don't have to find the scrap of paper I wrote on, and I don't have to wonder if I transposed the call number.
15:48 rhcl_lita Wonder what that would cost for Koha?
15:49 jcamins rhcl_lita: talk to sekjal about it. He was working on it.
15:50 sekjal rhcl_lita:  we're looking at an SMS::Send::Driver-less way of doing SMS in Koha
15:51 sekjal don't have the estimate yet; it would likely involve us tracking the patron's cell provider
15:51 wizzyrea what i'm wondering
15:51 wizzyrea is why don't we use email
15:51 * oleonard thinks the scrap of paper would be cheaper, but he doesn't have a texting plan
15:51 wizzyrea to email sms's to phones
15:51 rhcl_lita why would you have to track the cell provider? Just have a pull down list and let the patron enter the cell phone number
15:51 wizzyrea put the info in the subject, done.
15:52 wizzyrea but you'd have to store that, right rhcl?
15:52 wizzyrea hence, tracking.
15:52 jcamins sekjal: ooh! I bet you left NYU before they implemented GetIt.
15:52 jcamins sekjal: one moment while I get you a link.
15:52 sekjal jcamins:  thanks
15:54 jcamins Hm.
15:54 * oleonard realizes if we added a Tags component to Bugzilla there would be no one to be default asignee
15:54 jcamins This is a bit problematic.
15:54 jcamins Oh, never mind, here's a short URL.
15:54 jcamins
15:54 jcamins Note the "Send to phone" option on the right.
15:54 rhcl_lita sekjal:  why store? let the patron enter it, send the sms, then >/dev/null it.
15:55 jcamins Note that last I heard, the Send to phone service was _incredibly_ popular.
15:55 jcamins Even without any way to link it to the patron's account.
15:55 sekjal rhcl_lita:  that wouldn't be so bad; could control with an Auth Value
15:55 rhcl_lita oops, should have been directed to wizzyrea
15:56 wizzyrea meh
15:56 kf rhcl_lita: I think the problem is that someone has to pay for the sms - usually the sender
15:56 wizzyrea both, usually.
15:56 sekjal jcamins:  yes, we could do it just like NYU Bobst is doing
15:56 jcamins kf: in the US, it's possible to send it so that the recipient pays.
15:56 sekjal their mechanism sends the SMS over email
15:57 jcamins sekjal: exactly. It's really cool.
15:57 sekjal that's why you need to know the provider, so you know the email domain
15:57 rhcl_lita kf: humm, can't be nearly what ILL costs us.  And you could always email to sms via a gateway
15:57 wizzyrea idk why we don't just do emails in the first place.
15:58 kf rhcl_lita: not sure if things are different here
15:58 kf rhcl_lita: I only know of one ils here that can send sms and it requires you to buy 'batches' of sms, like buy 10000 text messages to be sent out
15:58 kf from a provider
15:58 rhcl_lita
15:58 kf at least it was like that when I asked a few years back on library congress
16:00 sekjal brb
16:00 rhcl_lita donno, seems pretty simple to me. Just get the input phone and service, pipe that into a script which creates an email and send.
16:02 kf rhcl_lita: you might be right - would be very cool
16:03 collum joined #koha
16:03 laurence1 left #koha
16:10 kf left #koha
16:12 slef oh hell it's mailman day
16:17 rhcl_lita time for chow @ the hyatt
16:17 rhcl_lita left #koha
16:19 ropuch left #koha
16:20 oleonard paul_p still around?
16:22 oleonard Or anyone who is familiar with the offline circ tool?
16:22 * oleonard is wondering about the buttons which say "Commit to Koha" and "Apply directly"...
16:22 jcamins Argh! When did Portrayed become Depicted?
16:23 wizzyrea oleonard the firefox addon?
16:23 oleonard Yeah
16:23 * wizzyrea has it installed
16:23 wizzyrea where do you see that?
16:24 oleonard The Log tab
16:27 oleonard Where does it save the data?
16:28 wizzyrea that is a very good question.
16:37 Oak[…]on_firefox_plugin
16:39 oleonard Yeah, that page shows a screenshot of a page in Koha which isn't actually in Koha as far as I can tell.
16:39 oleonard "Process pending offline circulations?"
16:41 maximep there's a ff plugin to do offline circ ? cool
16:41 maximep no link to it on that wiki page ?
16:42 wizzyrea it's called KOCT
16:42 wizzyrea it's in the firefox plugin repository
16:42 oleonard Cool except it doesn't seem to work maximep
16:42 jcamins Koha Offline Circulation Tool?
16:42 jcamins (guessing what the acronym is)
16:42 oleonard Koha Offline Circulation Tool is[…]refox/addon/koct/
16:42 jcamins Ah, cool, I was right. :)
16:44 hdl left #koha
16:48 oleonard Koha Offline Circulation Tool?
16:48 wahanui Koha Offline Circulation Tool is[…]refox/addon/koct/
16:48 oleonard KOCT is Koha Offline Circulation Tool
16:48 oleonard KOCT?
16:48 wahanui KOCT is Koha Offline Circulation Tool
17:04 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
17:05 trea is now known as trea_lunch
17:25 Oak left #koha
17:29 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:32 jcamins nengard_lunch: cn_sort is a normalized form of the itemcallnumber used for sorting.
17:34 nengard_lunch thanks
17:34 nengard_lunch i'll add it
17:36 jcamins You're welcome. Enjoy lunch.
17:39 slef KOCT is also[…]refox/addon/koct/
17:39 wahanui okay, slef.
17:41 cait joined #koha
17:43 cait hi #koha
17:43 slef hi cait
17:44 cait hi slef :)
17:44 * slef prods this migrating Koha
17:46 cait ?
17:47 slef it's being a bit slow.... it's only 6kbiblios
17:51 cait not a lot
17:51 cait should load quickly?
17:51 slef yeah... I think I can see why they want a new server!
17:51 slef this is getting the data out which is being slow
17:56 aogle joined #koha
17:57 aogle left #koha
18:05 * oleonard-away idly wonders whether slef has ever been identified as S. Lef.
18:06 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
18:06 slef oleonard: NAFAIK
18:06 * cait wears her feminine nick tonight
18:14 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
18:16 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
18:30 oleonard I might be nice to have a database update log for keeping track of what updates have been applied via
18:31 cait hm, would not be hard probably?
18:32 oleonard It would be relevant to only a small subset of users, but useful for developers and testers
18:32 cait yes
18:45 slef oleonard: like a table listing all update UUIDs, with updates just being SQL files added to a directory and maybe a tracking file.
18:46 trea_lunch is now known as trea
18:48 oleonard left #koha
18:48 oleonard joined #koha
18:50 maximep how do I make translatable strings in a .pl ?
18:50 maximep is there a way ?
18:50 maximep there's so many strings not translated that are in .pl files :/
18:50 oleonard Move them to the template
18:53 cait yep
18:53 cait maximep: all that should be in templates, not in the pl files
18:54 maximep C4::Letters::EnqueurLetter takes a parameter with the title and content of the message
18:54 maximep I don't know how I could pu that in a template
18:55 cait hm
18:55 cait notices
18:55 cait normally it should be a template from tools > notices
18:55 cait that defines the subject and content
18:55 oleonard maximep: Consider filing a bug, "Move untranslatable strings into templates" and then create blocking bugs for each instance
18:55 cait are we talking about the address change mail?
18:56 maximep cait: ah, I see
18:56 maximep yeah I remember using that
18:57 hankbank joined #koha
19:00 maximep I have never sent a patch with a database change (well, adding a new line in the letter table in this case) before
19:00 maximep is there something on a wiki on this ?
19:01 cait there is
19:01 cait let me get the link for you
19:01 cait[…]ng_Database_Files
19:02 cait what you have to do
19:03 cait create a patch with kohastructure.sql changed
19:03 cait and with a new entry
19:03 cait leave version number at XXX in updatedatabase
19:03 cait for testing your patch yourself, change the xxx to be the next number and change (I think) accordingly
19:04 cait when starting your koha it will compare the number from kohaversion to the number in your database and start the update
19:04 * cait hopes she explained that right
19:07 maximep yes you did
19:07 maximep ok, then I will send a patch soon
19:07 maximep or maybe several patches
19:08 maximep just looked at that wiki page. You were a *lot* clearer than it lol
19:09 cait I tried :)
19:09 cait looked at it myself and decided I should try..,
19:10 cait what you can also do is find a nice easy patch to copy from - like a new syspref being added
19:10 cait to see which files have to be touched
19:18 * slef curses ISBD principles and all who sail in them.
19:18 jcamins slef: are they so bad as all that?
19:18 slef jcamins: yeah when people follow 95% of them.
19:19 slef they're just enough to cause trouble
19:20 jcamins Heh.
19:20 slef "Why haven't you converted these records correctly? We used ISBD punctuation rules." "Not on that one you didn't" "Oh"
19:24 cait lol
19:25 cait so give them a list to correct manually?
19:25 slef yeah... 5% of 6k is 300...
19:25 jcamins Pfft.
19:25 slef I'll give them a list. Doubt they'll correct them.
19:26 * slef leaves the import churning
19:28 sophie_m joined #koha
19:28 wizzyrea does anybody know what the standard field for fines data is in SIP
19:28 wizzyrea it needs to be added to the output, apparently
19:29 wizzyrea (and yea, I know it puts fine data in the screen note - that's not the right place)
19:29 wizzyrea patron expiry, for the record, is in the wrong place as well.
19:29 wizzyrea (also in the screen note)
19:32 cait you mean the date?
19:32 cait and the fine amount?
19:34 wizzyrea yea
19:35 sekjal wizzyrea:  do you mean fee paid messaging?
19:40 sophie_m left #koha
19:41 wizzyrea as an example
19:45 pastebot "wizzyrea" at pasted "SIP response example" (1 line) at
19:45 wizzyrea that Patron owes $10.00
19:45 wizzyrea there's supposedly a field for the $10
19:46 wizzyrea so in envisionware
19:46 wizzyrea they have a rule you can make
19:46 wizzyrea fine owed equals
19:46 wizzyrea | greater than | less than
19:46 wizzyrea but that won't work
19:46 cait hm there is field with 10.00 in it
19:46 wizzyrea because the data isn't in the field EW is looking for
19:46 talljoy is now known as talljoy_away
19:46 cait y|BLY|CQN|BV10.00|CC10|
19:47 wizzyrea cait++
19:47 * wizzyrea missed that
19:47 jwagner left #koha
19:47 * wizzyrea tries the rule again
19:47 wizzyrea i will laugh so. very. hard. if this works.
19:48 oleonard Happy weekend all
19:48 cait bye owen
19:48 cait wow, I managed to say bye to owen before he left!
19:48 * cait tries again
19:48 oleonard left #koha
19:48 cait have a nice weekend oleonard
19:48 cait ok, now the world is back to normal :)
19:49 wizzyrea can I kiss you if this works, cait?
19:49 cait um
19:49 cait k?
19:51 sophie_m joined #koha
19:53 * wizzyrea kisses cait
19:53 * cait blushes
19:53 * wizzyrea bounces and squees
19:53 wizzyrea you know that feeling, when someone gets huffy with you and you know you tested it, and it worked the last time
19:53 wizzyrea and you think that you did it wrong or something, but it turns out you didn't
19:54 rangi no you can go
19:54 wizzyrea and you were right all along?
19:54 rangi "IN YOUR FACE!!!"
19:54 wizzyrea yes. That.
19:54 rangi yep i know that well
19:54 rangi :)
19:54 cait of course
19:54 cait now you are showing up
19:54 wizzyrea thanks cait :)
19:54 cait when all the work is done :)
19:54 cait yvw liz :)
19:55 wizzyrea cait++ for her usual brilliance
19:55 cait hmpf
20:01 paul_p left #koha
20:02 wizzyrea so, just in case you are wondering
20:02 wizzyrea for envisionware
20:02 wizzyrea
20:03 collum left #koha
20:03 wizzyrea that's how you set up rules for patron expired, and block over x fines owed
20:13 nengard left #koha
20:21 chris_n left #koha
20:24 Guillaume joined #koha
20:38 rhcl_lita joined #koha
20:42 bg joined #koha
20:47 rhcl_lita koha in the cloud mentioned @lita - twittag #libcloud
20:48 andersonbd1 left #koha
20:51 jcamins rhcl_lita: wave to Heather Moulaison for me. :)
20:52 rhcl_lita yea, ok.
20:52 jcamins Thanks.
20:52 jcamins Oh, Edward's the other speaker?
20:52 jcamins Wave to him, too.
20:53 rhcl_lita Huh, OK.
20:54 jcamins Thanks. :)
20:54 rhcl_lita they will know you by name presumably?
20:54 jcamins Yup.
20:54 cait wizzyrea++ :)
20:54 cait good night all!
20:55 jcamins Good night.
20:55 wizzyrea cait is sneaky
20:55 wizzyrea gnite :)
20:55 jcamins It's always exciting to discover that I know the speakers at conferences. :)
20:56 rhcl_lita u should be her
20:56 rhcl_lita here
20:56 jcamins I'm getting out of technology. Didn't you know that? :P
20:57 rhcl_lita well, no, I guess I didn't
20:57 * jcamins waits for the laughter to die down. ;)
20:59 rhcl_lita who knows, you might want to go meditate in a Buddhist monastary in nepal for a few years. It happens.
20:59 jcamins rhcl_lita: that does sound tempting...
21:00 rhcl_lita I hear the chow isn't that great.
21:01 jcamins rhcl_lita: yeah, but are you distracted by the thought of buying real estate?
21:01 cait left #koha
21:01 Soupermanito joined #koha
21:02 rhcl_lita ? non sequitur?
21:02 rhcl_lita session over, gotta move...
21:02 jcamins rhcl_lita: yeah, I just happen to be distracted by the thought of buying real estate. Enjoy the rest of LITA. :)
21:04 maximep left #koha
21:09 rhcl_lita left #koha
21:12 Guillaume left #koha
21:21 rhcl_lita joined #koha
21:22 rhcl_lita jcamins: both presenters pleased to hear from you; returned greeting
21:23 jcamins rhcl_lita: thanks. :)
21:31 chris_n joined #koha
21:35 talljoy_away is now known as talljoy
21:38 sophie_m left #koha
21:40 melia left #koha
21:43 JesseM left #koha
21:53 chris_n` joined #koha
21:53 chris_n is now known as Guest12146
21:53 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
21:57 trea left #koha
21:59 Guest12146 left #koha
22:05 chris_n left #koha
22:05 chris_n joined #koha
22:09 chris_n` joined #koha
22:09 chris_n is now known as Guest12148
22:09 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:09 sekjal left #koha
22:10 rhcl_lita left #koha
22:15 Guest12148 left #koha
22:20 chris_n` joined #koha
22:20 chris_n is now known as Guest12151
22:20 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:22 chris_n` joined #koha
22:22 chris_n is now known as Guest12152
22:22 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:25 chris_n` joined #koha
22:25 chris_n is now known as Guest12154
22:25 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:26 Guest12151 left #koha
22:26 jcamins is now known as jcamins_away
22:28 Guest12152 left #koha
22:29 chris_n` joined #koha
22:29 chris_n is now known as Guest12155
22:29 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:31 Guest12154 left #koha
22:33 chris_n` joined #koha
22:33 chris_n is now known as Guest12156
22:33 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:34 chris_n` joined #koha
22:34 chris_n is now known as Guest12157
22:34 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
22:35 Guest12155 left #koha
22:38 Guest12156 left #koha
22:41 Guest12157 left #koha
22:44 chris_n left #koha
22:53 talljoy left #koha
22:54 chris_n joined #koha
22:58 chris_n` joined #koha
22:58 chris_n is now known as Guest12160
22:58 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
23:02 Guest12160 left #koha
23:05 chris_n` joined #koha
23:05 chris_n is now known as Guest12162
23:05 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
23:09 pianohac2er joined #koha
23:10 chris_n` joined #koha
23:10 chris_n is now known as Guest12163
23:10 chris_n` is now known as chris_n
23:10 Guest12162 left #koha
23:12 pianohac1er left #koha
23:14 Guest12163 left #koha
23:21 pianohac2er left #koha
23:26 melia joined #koha
23:31 pianohacker joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary