IRC log for #koha, 2011-02-01

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 joann left #koha
00:10 druthb left #koha
00:24 LBA Rangi, I'm here.  Still want to talk?
00:25 wasabi left #koha
00:25 rangi yeah, was wondering how the session with arcadia went, and if its gonna be put up anywhere?
00:25 wasab1 joined #koha
00:27 LBA the webinar?
00:28 rangi yeah
00:29 LBA I think there is an archive but I think they make it available only to people who paid to attend...Which sucks.  Let me see.
00:29 rangi ahh maybe arcadia will write it up on their blog
00:31 LBA we are going to release our PPT slides with text (not transcripts but statements from each library in response to my questions)
00:32 rangi cool, good enough
00:59 nathancurulla left #koha
01:03 rangi[…]ulnerable-to-hack
02:07 hudsonbot Starting build 4 for job Koha_Docs_3_2_x_Branch (previous build: ABORTED -- last SUCCESS #1 6 days 9 hr ago)
02:20 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_3_2_x_Branch build #4: SUCCESS in 13 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]s_3_2_x_Branch/4/
02:20 rangi yay
02:22 druthb joined #koha
02:24 rangi heya druthb
02:24 druthb hi.  :)
02:26 * LBA waves nighty night
02:26 LBA left #koha
02:41 druthb left #koha
02:48 HBankhead left #koha
03:37 kmkale joined #koha
03:38 kmkale Namaskar #koha
03:38 kmkale apparently the new server has not reached many ppl yet
03:38 rangi hi kmkale
03:38 kmkale hi rangi
03:38 rangi they'll find it :)
03:50 wizzyrea_ left #koha
04:28 kmkale left #koha
04:39 kmkale joined #koha
05:42 BobB joined #koha
05:45 irmaB joined #koha
05:45 BobB Hi #koha - we've found our way to the new irc site.  It seems katipo is still down?
05:47 irmaB left #koha
05:47 BobB Is anyone about?
05:48 BobB Will try later.
05:48 BobB left #koha
06:03 kmkale left #koha
06:17 cait joined #koha
06:17 cait hi #koha
06:26 rangi hi cait
06:26 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Revised fix for Bug 3850 - Budget Planning Pages Need Design Work <[…]3cb997f6d23d72949>
06:28 cait morning chris
06:28 cait I see the comment on the wiki page - will try tonight
06:28 hudsonbot Starting build 329 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
06:29 rangi cool
06:42 cait ok, bbl :)
06:42 cait left #koha
06:46 huginn New commit(s) kohagit: Bumping database version <[…]97ac9d90149621550> / Bug 4160: Currency conversion doesn't handle rates other than 100 <[…]2d54e8523b8d4245f> / Bug 5665: Routing slip prints too wide for narrow printers <[…]oha.git;a=commitd
06:48 kmkale joined #koha
06:52 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #329: SUCCESS in 23 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/329/
06:52 hudsonbot Owen Leonard: Revised fix for Bug 3850 - Budget Planning Pages Need Design Work
06:53 hudsonbot Starting build 330 for job Koha_Master (previous build: SUCCESS)
07:16 kmkale is now known as kmkale_a
07:18 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #330: UNSTABLE in 25 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/330/
07:18 hudsonbot * Reed Wade: Bug 5665: Routing slip prints too wide for narrow printers
07:18 hudsonbot * Katrin Fischer: Bug 4160: Currency conversion doesn't handle rates other than 100
07:18 hudsonbot * Chris Cormack: Bumping database version
07:19 rangi !hudson build koha_master now
07:19 hudsonbot rangi: job koha_master build scheduled now
07:20 hudsonbot Starting build 331 for job Koha_Master (previous build: UNSTABLE -- last SUCCESS #329 51 min ago)
07:27 kf joined #koha
07:27 kf good morning #koha
07:27 rangi wb kf
07:28 kf thx rangi
07:30 rangi pushed 5431 up
07:30 rangi to an awaiting_qa branch, so should be easy to be signed off
07:30 kf thx
07:31 kf hope someone takes time to look at it
07:31 rangi yup
07:31 kf the evergreen 2.0 feature list is quite impressive
07:31 kf[…]=feature_list_2_0
07:31 rangi yep
07:31 rangi they did well
07:31 kf I want a lot of those things for koha .)
07:32 rangi theres a bunch we have
07:32 rangi like fast add, audible alerts, anonymize patrons etc
07:32 kf yes
07:33 kf but not the fast add they describehere
07:33 kf which pops up when you scan in an unknwon barcode
07:33 kf it's more complicated in koha right now
07:33 rangi that could be done with some jquery
07:33 rangi we should do it
07:33 kf yep we should :)
07:34 kf and have item and basic titel information on one screen for fast adds
07:34 kf that would make it really quick
07:34 rangi yep
07:34 kf I have one library doing fast adds - at the moment they use the notes fields
07:34 kf because they found the other process to slow on the circ desk
07:42 fredericd hello there
07:42 fredericd kf: would you sign-off a patch?
07:43 rangi hi fredericd
07:43 fredericd rangi: I've send a patch to fix a small bug in which throw a warning during update
07:44 rangi cool
07:44 kf fredericd: could try tonight - what is it?
07:45 fredericd bug 4103
07:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4103 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, frederic, NEW, Intranet search page should always defaults 'Individual Libraries' to all for superlibrarian
07:46 hudsonbot Yippie, build fixed!
07:46 hudsonbot Project Koha_Master build #331: FIXED in 26 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]/Koha_Master/331/
07:46 fredericd In exchange, I will give a try to bug 5431...
07:46 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5431 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, katrin.fischer, ASSIGNED, Separate state field for library addresses
07:47 kf let me check the bug for questions
07:48 kf ah I see
07:48 kf ok, i will write me a note
07:48 kf and would be happy if you could take a look at the state things
07:48 kf I think we will need to define a different address format for europeans
07:49 kf I think ieven German and french address formats differ - but this is probably something we should do after the template toolkit change
07:49 kf rangi: do you know if we could use one of the 'filters' to define different address formats with template toolkit?
07:51 rangi we could
07:52 kf ok, so I think this is something for later
07:54 kf or make a include or something, there are various places where address information is shown
07:54 rangi yep
07:55 kmkale_a left #koha
07:58 fredericd kf: With your patch, there is a new field in branches table for state
07:58 kf yes
07:58 fredericd So there are 2 separate fields: one for city and one for state
07:58 kf right
07:58 fredericd but for borrower, we just have one field city,
07:59 kf no
07:59 kf or yes - until my branch goes through qa
07:59 fredericd which is displayed 'city, state'
07:59 rangi 5422 and 5431
07:59 wahanui 10853
07:59 rangi go together
07:59 kf thx chris
08:00 fredericd I see, great
08:01 fredericd 5431 works for me
08:01 fredericd do I send it back without modifying koha version number? (for rangi )
08:01 rangi yes please
08:02 rangi its easier for me to update the number when i merge it to master
08:03 fredericd yes, and it has been also easy to update it for testing
08:03 rangi *nod*
08:05 kf thx fredericd, I will test yours in the evening
08:05 fredericd kf: I will send you the patch directly by email
08:06 kf fredericd: if you attach it to the bug I will be happy
08:06 fredericd ok
08:06 kf can access from every computer easily that way and it documented in bugzilla
08:11 paul_p joined #koha
08:12 hdl joined #koha
08:17 kf hi biblibre
08:20 paul_p morning kf
08:23 rangi hi paul_p and hdl
08:23 paul_p hi rangi.
08:23 paul_p our hosting server down again :((((
08:23 rangi eek
08:25 kf ouch
08:33 rangi[…]e)&action=history
08:33 rangi host
08:33 rangi domain name pointer
08:34 rangi 2 guesses who that was
08:34 rangi luckily the wikipedia bots caught it
08:36 magnusenger joined #koha
08:38 kf hm, the part about windoes
08:38 kf and the file for that - is this still accurate? sounds a bit too easy for me.
08:38 kf 'Although it's recommended that Koha be run on a Linux server[10], it will also work on Windows, provided that Apache, MySQL, and Perl are installed first'
08:38 rangi ?
08:39 Ropuch joined #koha
08:39 Ropuch Morning #koha
08:39 kf hi Ropuch :)
08:39 magnusenger g'day Ropuch
08:40 magnusenger is now known as magnuse
08:40 kf oh and morning magnuse of course :)
08:40 rangi hi Ropuch
08:40 magnuse hiya kf and rangi
08:41 magnuse kf: where did you get the quote about windows?
08:42 kf wikipedia article about koha
08:42 rangi better kf?
08:42 magnuse ah
08:42 kf rangi, fredericd: seen bug 5678
08:42 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5678 enhancement, P5, ---, chris, NEW, Translations Manager
08:42 rangi i was showing people[…]3&oldid=411023380
08:43 rangi which the wikipedia bots spotted as vandalism and reverted
08:43 rangi but i fully expect them to try again
08:44 kf rangi: hm yes
08:45 magnuse and do we know anything about that IP?
08:45 rangi yes we do
08:45 rangi host
08:45 rangi domain name pointer
08:46 fredericd kf: no
08:46 fredericd the scope of this enhancement confuses me...
08:46 rangi hmm nope i hadnt seen that bug either kf
08:47 kf it's new
08:47 rangi good luck to them writing that :)
08:47 kf and I think some of the process will change with template toolkit?
08:47 rangi not really no
08:47 kf and it will need to have right to write files on the server
08:48 rangi yes, dangerous
08:48 fredericd rangi: part of this enhancement means rewriting Pootle...
08:48 rangi yeah exactly
08:48 rangi im not sure the person realises quite how big a job it is
08:49 rangi thats why i said "good luck"
08:52 kmkale_a joined #koha
08:52 kmkale_a is now known as kmkale
08:53 rangi wb kmkale
08:53 kmkale hi rangi
08:54 kf hi kmkale
08:54 kf is now known as kf_a
08:54 kmkale hi kf
08:55 kf_a is now known as kf_mtg
09:00 kmkale any idea how I can get a two column layout in opac main page? ( while retaining the login form; I know if we disable login from syspref we get a two column layout.)
09:06 rangi owen would probably know
09:06 rangi i dont im afraid
09:08 kmkale been looking for owen last couple of days. Guess our times dont match in here
09:09 kmkale brb
09:09 kmkale left #koha
09:15 kmkale joined #koha
09:36 kmkale left #koha
09:46 rangi[…]tes-16721704.html
09:46 kmkale joined #koha
09:53 inpiki joined #koha
09:54 inpiki Hi to everybody and thanks for your work.
09:55 inpiki Is there someone who can help me to choose a distribution for koha 3.2 installation?
09:56 rangi debian squeeze has all the dependencies packaged, and koha itself is packaged for it at
09:56 kmkale inpiki: debian
09:56 inpiki I don't know if I can use 64-bit Debian or it's better to use 32-bit version
09:56 rangi 64 bit is fine
09:56 inpiki Thank you.
09:57 inpiki ....starting the installation just now.....
09:57 rangi are you using the packages?
09:58 inpiki Do you mean "install koha with APT-GET" directly.
09:59 rangi yes
10:00 inpiki I don't know. Should I use packages? I think it's better to install step by step.
10:00 rangi if you want
10:00 inpiki I'll let you know.
10:00 * rangi uses packages for all his production machines, but for learning it might be better doing it the long way
10:01 rangi right sleep time for me
10:05 inpiki Ok. Thanks and Good Night. It's Breakfast Time for me (in Italy).
10:15 kf_mtg hi inpiki
10:15 kf_mtg is now known as kf
10:18 magnuse inpiki: installing "manually" is a great way to learn more about the innards of koha, and i don't think the packages have much support for choosing other languages than english yet (i might be wrong, though)
10:19 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
10:40 Elwell joined #koha
10:45 inpiki Ok. Thanks. Tryng in the long way.
10:53 paul_p left #koha
11:19 kmkale left #koha
12:14 druthb joined #koha
12:15 * druthb starts her day with a "harrrumph!"
12:17 * kf gives druthb a cookie
12:19 hdl magnus_away: ?
12:21 kf perhaps lunch ;)
12:21 * hdl gives kf a cookie
12:23 kf huh thx
12:23 kf :)
12:24 nengard joined #koha
12:26 kmkale joined #koha
12:27 jwagner joined #koha
12:31 gmcharlt @quote random
12:31 huginn gmcharlt: Quote #108: "<owen> As Pee-wee said, Everyone I know has a big 'but'" (added by druthb at 03:20 PM, November 30, 2010)
12:32 kmkale :)
12:32 kf @quote random
12:32 huginn kf: Quote #62: "<fallor> is this a known thingy?" (added by gmcharlt at 01:18 PM, February 26, 2010)
12:32 kf @quote random
12:32 huginn kf: Quote #97: "chris_n shakes his fist (again) in the direction of Redmond" (added by wizzyrea at 03:21 PM, October 08, 2010)
12:32 jwagner @wunder 20817
12:32 huginn jwagner: The current temperature in Burning Tree Estates, Bethesda, Maryland is -2.6�C (7:35 AM EST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -4.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 30.26 in 1024.6 hPa (Steady). Winter Weather Advisory in effect until noon EST today...
12:32 kf @wunder Konstanz
12:32 druthb @quote random
12:32 huginn kf: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Taegerwilen, Germany is -4.2�C (1:35 PM CET on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -4.0�C. Pressure: 30.38 in 1028.7 hPa (Steady).
12:32 huginn druthb: Quote #54: "<@gmcharlt> from my POV, bug wrangling expands to fill all available volunteers" (added by jwagner at 08:05 PM, February 09, 2010)
12:32 jwagner Glad to see the bots made the trip...
12:32 kf but huginn?
12:33 kf is there a meaning to that?
12:33 kmkale aw where is munin?
12:33 kmkale I liked that one.
12:33 kf munin = huginn
12:33 kf ibot = wahanui
12:33 kf wahanui botsnack cookie
12:33 wahanui thanks kf :)
12:33 druthb wahanui: kf?
12:33 wahanui kf is probably an excellent cook: she makes tasty königsberger klopse mit salzkartoffeln
12:33 kmkale It reflected a Indic word Munim which is a sorta secretary / man friday
12:33 kf forget kf
12:33 wahanui kf: I forgot kf
12:33 * druthb pouts.
12:34 druthb wahanui: cait?
12:34 wahanui i think cait is a competent programmer AND really sweet.
12:34 kf you can teach him something else
12:34 kf *rollseyes* ok
12:34 kf espresso time
12:34 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
12:35 magnuse hdl?
12:35 wahanui hdl is, like, sure that Croswalking records in zebra is also ram demanding
12:36 magnuse hugin and munin were the ravens of odin in norse mythology...
12:37 kmkale magnuse:  e?
12:37 slef hi all
12:37 kmkale hey slef
12:37 druthb hi, slef.  :)
12:37 hdl magnuse: how do you say munin
12:37 hdl hi slef
12:38 kmkale hi hdl
12:38 hdl hi kmkale druthb
12:40 slef argh! Adrea Lund is out of the office again. Anyone with list-admin powers to boot her from koha-zebra? hdl?
12:40 hdl slef: this will be the last email from her...
12:40 slef For some reason, I assume Adrea is female.  Curious.
12:40 druthb She is.
12:40 hdl But I will add sanitization to koha-zebra too
12:42 magnuse hdl: with a long u and a shorter i - hard to explain...
12:43 hdl got it
12:43 hdl
12:44 kf so is there ar eason for the double n?
12:45 magnuse kf: it's not used in norwegian...
12:45 magnuse hdl: yeah, those are pretty good pronounciations :-)
12:46 * magnuse wonders how they are pronounced in english...
12:50 kf I knew 2 horizon servers called hugin and munin
12:53 nengard @wunder 19030
12:53 huginn nengard: The current temperature in CWOP # AR939, Penndel, Pennsylvania is -3.3�C (7:56 AM EST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Light Freezing Rain. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: -5.0�C. Windchill: -3.0�C. Pressure: 30.23 in 1023.6 hPa (Falling). Winter Storm Warning in effect until 4 PM EST Wednesday...
12:53 nengard Bleh!!
13:02 jcamins_away is now known as jcamins
13:02 jcamins Good morning, #koha
13:03 magnuse @wunder bodo, norway
13:03 huginn magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 1.0�C (1:50 PM CET on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Rain. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 0.0�C. Windchill: -6.0�C. Pressure: 29.27 in 991 hPa (Steady).
13:03 magnuse looks more like snow to me...
13:04 magnuse g'day jcamins
13:04 druthb Warmer in Bodo than it is here.  How rude!
13:07 jcamins @wunder 11375
13:07 huginn jcamins: The current temperature in Middle Village, Queens, New York is -2.1�C (8:06 AM EST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: -3.0�C. Windchill: -2.0�C. Pressure: 30.28 in 1025.3 hPa (Falling). Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 PM EST Wednesday...
13:09 kmkale_ joined #koha
13:10 magnuse sorry 'bout that druthb... ;-)
13:11 druthb ;-)  It's okay..  I'm staying inside anyway.
13:11 kmkale left #koha
13:11 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
13:12 oleonard joined #koha
13:14 jwagner Ya know, I finally understand why people have this urge to move to Florida, or Arizona, or the tropics.  I'm getting tired of this stuff....
13:16 nengard jcamins your warning is in effect longer than mine ... guess it's heading north
13:16 jcamins nengard: ooh, lucky me.
13:17 Ropuch @wunder Wroclaw
13:17 huginn Ropuch: The current temperature in Wroclaw, Poland is -5.0�C (2:00 PM CET on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: -6.0�C. Pressure: 30.24 in 1024 hPa (Steady).
13:21 oleonard This new IRC venue has the weather, that's really all we need isn't it?
13:21 jcamins No fudge. :(
13:23 magnuse oleonard: yup ;-)
13:25 jwagner oleonard, it also has quotes :-)
13:25 jwagner @quote random
13:25 huginn jwagner: Quote #88: "<owen> I'm a crazed branch-creating maniac" (added by jwagner at 07:42 PM, August 06, 2010)
13:26 oleonard That owen fellow, he was indeed a crazed branch-creating maniac.
13:26 jwagner So why do people hide behind new nicknames here???
13:26 druthb Because this server has a NickServ, and their old names were taken.
13:27 jwagner Awww.  What about their karma, then???
13:27 sekjal joined #koha
13:27 jcamins @karma oleonard
13:27 huginn jcamins: Karma for "oleonard" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
13:27 jcamins @karma owen
13:27 huginn jcamins: Karma for "owen" has been increased 221 times and decreased 5 times for a total karma of 216.
13:28 jcamins I guess I'll be typing "oleonard++" a lot if I want to transfer the karma.
13:28 oleonard I'll bet rangi will sort it out in time. He has done so for other nick changes and ambiguities
13:28 oleonard @karma cait
13:28 huginn oleonard: Karma for "cait" has been increased 58 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 58.
13:28 oleonard @karma kf
13:28 huginn oleonard: Karma for "kf" has been increased 40 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 40.
13:31 nathancurulla joined #koha
13:31 hdl @marc 245a
13:31 huginn hdl: unknown tag 245a
13:31 hdl @marc 245$a
13:31 huginn hdl: unknown tag 245$a
13:31 hdl @marc 245 a
13:31 huginn hdl: Title
13:31 hdl @marc 245 b
13:31 huginn hdl: Remainder of title
13:31 gmcharlt oleonard: actually, it's me who can move karma around
13:32 sekjal @karma druthb
13:32 huginn sekjal: Karma for "druthb" has been increased 54 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 54.
13:32 druthb @karma sekjal
13:32 huginn druthb: Karma for "sekjal" has been increased 60 times and decreased 1 time for a total karma of 59.
13:33 kmkale oleonard: how can I have opac main page with a two column layout? ( without disabling login from syspref )
13:35 gmcharlt @karma oleonard
13:35 huginn gmcharlt: Karma for "oleonard" has been increased 223 times and decreased 5 times for a total karma of 218.
13:35 gmcharlt @karma owen
13:35 huginn gmcharlt: Karma for "owen" has been increased 0 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 0.
13:35 oleonard gmcharlt++
13:36 nathancurulla left #koha
13:36 Nate_ joined #koha
13:36 Nate_ left #koha
13:37 Nate_ joined #koha
13:46 inpiki left #koha
13:52 oleonard @karma gmcharlt
13:52 huginn oleonard: Karma for "gmcharlt" has been increased 217 times and decreased 4 times for a total karma of 213.
13:53 tcohen joined #koha
13:53 oleonard Good grief someone lay on some karma for gmcharlt, there's no way I should be ahead of him
13:53 gmcharlt oleonard: nothing wrong with that
13:54 tcohen hi #koha
13:54 druthb imma working on catching up with sekjal.  But I keep giving him karma, because he's just so darned awesome.  Probably not the best strategy for catching up to him.
13:55 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting 2 Feb. 2011 10:00 UTC+0 - Koha - - this channel is logged, pastes at
13:55 Topic for #koha is now Next IRC meeting 2 Feb. 2011 10:00 UTC+0 - Koha - - this channel is logged, pastes at
13:57 jwagner kmkale, I'm not owen, but if you're just wanting to hide the big login box on the OPAC main page, this jquery should do it:  $('#login').hide();
13:58 oleonard kmkale: And if that's not what you're trying to do, can you explain further?
13:58 kmkale jwagner: Thanks but no. I have moved the login box around using owens trick. now there is a vacant third column. want to get rid of it
13:58 kmkale
13:59 oleonard Wow kmkale that's fancy!
14:00 kmkale hey owen coming from you, it feels good
14:00 jwagner Very nice looking indeed!
14:01 oleonard kmkale: I've never tried to eliminate that column, so you're in new territory
14:02 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:04 oleonard kmkale: Tinkering with the source in Firebug, I can get it to work if I do two things
14:04 oleonard 1. Remove the <div> containing the login form
14:05 oleonard 2. Removing the "yui-u first" class from the div containing opacmainuserblock
14:06 oleonard Hmmm... I didn't try changing the class of the login form div container...
14:06 oleonard Oh, that works too :)
14:09 oleonard kmkale: $(".yui-ge div.yui-u").removeClass();
14:09 oleonard That works from the Firebug console.
14:16 kmkale sorry had to take a call
14:21 kmkale oleonard: trying it now
14:24 kmkale ok. That works. And I have to rework the central block if I am to use it.
14:25 kmkale oleonard: one more question. Any trick to get the nav and main blocks to center on page?
14:25 * oleonard tries to remember...
14:28 oleonard Try $("#doc3").attr("id","#doc4");
14:28 oleonard And check out this for other options:
14:29 kmkale oleonard: $("#doc3").attr("id","#doc4"); moved it to right.
14:29 User joined #koha
14:29 User is now known as Guest2369
14:30 Guest2369 is now known as Ahmuck
14:30 * oleonard frowns
14:30 nengard left #koha
14:35 oleonard Sorry kmkale, that should have been $("#doc3").attr("id","doc4");
14:35 kmkale trying
14:36 kmkale : hey oleonard you are a magician
14:36 kmkale thanks a lot
14:36 kmkale oleonard++
14:36 oleonard You're quite welcome :)
14:37 * oleonard doesn't get many opportunities to tinker with the OPAC these days
14:38 kmkale amazing one liners you come up with
14:39 jcamins left #koha
14:41 jcamins joined #koha
14:42 kmkale just added that to opacuserjs & good to go :) thanks again owen
14:43 hdl left #koha
14:48 jcamins_ joined #koha
14:50 Ahmuck left #koha
14:51 Ahmuck joined #koha
14:52 jcamins_ is now known as jcam_irssi
15:01 jwagner Hey, does this IRC server have the limitation on nicknames?
15:01 jwagner is now known as jwagner_meeting
15:01 jwagner_meeting is now known as jwagner
15:01 jwagner No it doesn't.  That's nice :-)
15:01 oleonard is now known as oleonard_is_really_owen_rememb
15:01 oleonard_is_really_owen_rememb is now known as oleonard
15:01 jcam_irssi is now known as jcamins_irssi
15:02 oleonard 30 character limit
15:02 Ahmuck_ joined #koha
15:02 hdl joined #koha
15:03 * jcamins wonders whether he should switch to using his full last name, just to make sure everyone remembered him. ;)
15:03 druthb you're already memorable, jcamins. :)
15:03 jcamins Aww. Thanks.
15:04 jwagner oleonard, 30 char is better than 10 char :-)
15:06 Ahmuck left #koha
15:06 Ahmuck_ is now known as Ahmuck
15:25 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
15:25 wizzyrea_ left #koha
15:28 kmkale oleonard: if have time can you tell me how changing to doc4 centered the page
15:28 kmkale ??
15:28 oleonard
15:29 oleonard Koha uses the YUI Grids CSS framework, and the doc4 ID means a different layout configuration
15:29 kmkale I am looking here[…]s/grids-doc4.html but cant figure it out
15:30 oleonard In the grids CSS, #doc4 is given "margin: auto"
15:31 oleonard That centers it on the page
15:31 kmkale oh, i was looking at text-align: center
15:33 kmkale trying to center the header-wrapper
15:35 kmkale actually opac-main-search
15:40 oleonard kmkale: I don't think you can, because of the way the logo, cart, and list buttons are floated
15:41 oleonard At least not without a lot of CSS re-writing
15:41 oleonard It's not a simple fix
15:41 kmkale or with custom left margins? may not scale
15:42 Ahmuck left #koha
15:42 hdl yui grids--
15:42 gbengaadara joined #koha
15:43 oleonard yui grids++ until I see a better replacement
15:43 hdl oleonard: you worked on jqueryUI, is that not a replacement
15:43 oleonard Nope
15:44 oleonard jqueryUI replaces YUI javascript, not yui CSS grids
15:44 oleonard (or will replace, anyway)
15:57 gbengaadara left #koha
16:00 oleonard kf: What process did you follow to test Template Toolkit?
16:00 oleonard Did you check it out as a branch on your existing installation?
16:06 sekjal oleonard:  for bug 4045, is the goal for the library to be able to specify how many total holds requests a patron can place?
16:06 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4045 critical, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW, No check for maximum number of allowed holds.
16:06 sekjal and preferrably, on a branchcode/categorycode basis?
16:07 oleonard Yes
16:07 oleonard Right now the limit is in effect only some of the time
16:07 oleonard For instance, if your total number of holds is below the limit
16:07 oleonard You can place multiple holds at once and exceed the limit
16:09 sekjal and the Holds Allowed values in Circ rules specify how many are allowed on a specific itemtype; we need some kind of limit on the total for the patron
16:09 sekjal across all itemtypes
16:09 oleonard Yes
16:10 oleonard Because if our limit for each itemtype is 5 and we have 5 itemtypes, we may still want to limit the total to 10, not 25
16:10 kf olenonard: still here?
16:10 wahanui here is a tidbit- inspite of the disaster Butte migrated to 3.2.1
16:11 kf forget here
16:11 wahanui kf: I forgot here
16:11 oleonard kf: Here
16:11 kf oleonard: I checked out template_test
16:11 kf from the catalyst repo
16:12 kf so you have to add that to your remote repos first
16:12 kf the templates will be converted already, so you don't have to run a script of something
16:12 hdl left #koha
16:14 kf have you seen chris hall's comment about yui on top of my table?
16:14 kmkale bye all. good night
16:14 kmkale left #koha
16:16 Ahmuck joined #koha
16:19 sekjal oleonard:  would adding maxreserves back in as a valid system preference solve the problem?  I mean, of course it'd be less flexible, but would it work partially?
16:20 oleonard For us, it would be better to have a real, enforced, total maximum than a limit which was unenforced in some situations
16:22 kf hm, I think in principle it should work like the maximum number of checkouts?
16:23 kf have one per rule per library/itemtype/borrowercategory and a separate one for borrowercategory?
16:23 sekjal kf:  yeah, that'd be better
16:24 sekjal so, the fix would involve adding to that table, adding a C4::Reserves subroutine to get the max allowed given a borrowernumber, and then inserting that check into opac/, reserve/ and
16:25 kf ok, now you lost me ;)
16:25 sekjal oh, and updating the templates to show a meaningful message when the max allowed is hit
16:25 sekjal and preventing Multi Hold from going over
16:25 kf meaningful_message++
16:25 sekjal dang... I was hoping this was one I could bang out today
16:26 sekjal looks a bit more intense than that
16:27 oleonard Hence the brokenness :(
16:27 sekjal I'm convinced the holds rewrite will help
16:27 sekjal may not solve it all out the gate, but it'll give a more solid structure for fixing things
16:31 paul_p joined #koha
16:32 nengard joined #koha
16:45 jwagner nengard and anyone else, on Bug 1934 and subsequent revisions, it looks like those variables are only available for use inside the More Searches block. Is that correct?
16:45 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=1934 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, nengard, RESOLVED FIXED, Customize "Search for this title in..." links
16:45 nengard yes
16:45 jwagner I'd like to add a couple of variables, and make them available anywhere on the opac-detail page, so I can use them in a masthead link.  Anyone see any problems with that?
16:46 jwagner I want to add ISSN (because it probably should be there) and also biblionumber for a specialized use for one of my clients.
16:47 wizzyrea_ joined #koha
16:51 druthb is now known as druthb_away
16:53 jwagner Hearing no objection....
16:54 * wizzyrea_ didn't see the original question
16:54 gmcharlt jwagner: sounds good to me
16:54 jwagner OK, thanks.  I'll peck at it when I get a chance.
17:00 hudsonbot Starting build 52 for job Koha_Docs_Master_Branch (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:00 hudsonbot Starting build 5 for job Koha_Docs_3_2_x_Branch (previous build: SUCCESS)
17:03 jwagner Hrm.  I may not need to do a patch or use those variables.  oleonard, do you know how to embed a TMPL_VAR in a jquery statement?
17:03 jwagner $("#moresearches").prepend("<a href=\'\<\!\-\- TMPL_VAR NAME=\"title\" \-\-\>\\' target=\"_blank\">Worldcat</a> <span class='pipe'> | ");
17:03 rangi nengard and wizzyrea_ you know that hudson is building all the pds now eh?
17:04 nengard i knew that
17:04 jwagner shows up but is trying to literally send TMPL_VAR_NAME instead of the contents
17:04 nengard i just don't know where it's storing them for linking
17:04 wizzyrea_ i knew you were going to do that, I don't think.. what she said
17:04 oleonard jwagner: TMPL vars are processed on the server side, jquery is processed on the client side
17:04 jwagner So it's not possible :-(
17:04 nengard wizzyrea :)
17:04 wizzyrea_ ;)
17:05 rangi
17:05 wizzyrea_ woot okies ty
17:05 nengard which is that?
17:05 jcamins Lunch time!
17:05 nengard sorry
17:05 nengard ignore me
17:05 wizzyrea_ will change the links
17:05 wizzyrea_ hudson++
17:05 jcamins is now known as jcamins_lunch_chicken_francais
17:05 wizzyrea_ rangi++
17:06 wizzyrea_ oh now we're going to have to combine our karmas :P
17:06 nengard wizzyrea rangi can we automate the html generation that way?
17:06 nengard now the pdf is newer than the html :)
17:06 nengard and i agrree
17:06 nengard rangi++
17:06 rangi not really
17:06 wizzyrea_ ok, back in the dizzle you told me that weekly was often enough
17:06 rangi cos the html is stuck straight into wordpress
17:06 wizzyrea_ yep
17:06 nengard wizzyrea - yes I did - but i thought I'd check
17:07 nengard and i don't think it's updating weekly
17:07 nengard rangi if it wasn't in WP could we do it?
17:07 wizzyrea_ you have all the stuff you need to do it yourself, or jared does anyway.
17:08 nengard rangi the pdf is missing images - wizzyrea had done something special to get them to work
17:08 nengard wizzyrea, i know, but if hudson can do it that would be awesome - right?
17:08 nengard that's all I was asking
17:08 wizzyrea_ I don't have an opinion on the matter really
17:08 kf left #koha
17:09 indradg joined #koha
17:09 rangi hudson cant do much more
17:09 indradg good evening folks
17:09 rangi im about out of space on my linnode
17:09 rangi unless someone wants to give me money to buy more space
17:10 nengard k
17:11 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_3_2_x_Branch build #5: SUCCESS in 11 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]s_3_2_x_Branch/5/
17:11 hudsonbot Nicole C. Engard: add keyboard shortcuts
17:15 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:17 pastebot0 "rangi" at pasted "building pdf" (8 lines) at
17:18 wizzyrea_ yea that's what I'm using
17:18 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_Master_Branch build #52: SUCCESS in 18 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Master_Branch/52/
17:18 hudsonbot Nicole C. Engard: add keyboard shortcuts
17:18 wizzyrea_ (but I'm double checking)
17:21 wizzyrea_ yes, def what I'm using
17:22 jcamins_lunch_chicken_francais is now known as jcamins
17:22 jcamins I'm working on the manual stuff.
17:23 jcamins It's a kind of slow process since DocBook really wasn't designed with attractive output in mind. ;)
17:24 wizzyrea_ ^^
17:26 jcamins And DSSSL (or however many 'S's there are) was designed to crush the hope of youth and replace it with the cynicism of...
17:26 jcamins something very cynical.
17:26 jcamins :)
17:32 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:32 nengard identify
17:34 Ahmuck left #koha
17:34 magnus_away left #koha
17:35 indradg nengard, back from lunch? :)
17:36 paul_p left #koha
17:36 nengard yes
17:38 jcamins Who set up
17:39 rangi what part of it?
17:40 jcamins The header.
17:40 jcamins That makes it match the rest of the website.
17:40 gmcharlt jcamins: IIRC, I did
17:40 gmcharlt in any event, rangi and I can change it
17:40 jcamins gmcharlt: ah. Ummm… how?
17:40 jcamins No, I like it. I wanted to steal whatever you did for the manual.
17:41 gmcharlt jcamins: sure, one sec
17:45 pastebot0 "gmcharlt" at pasted "for jcamins" (9 lines) at
17:46 jcamins gmcharlt: thanks!
17:47 slef I just got a lot of updatedatabase errors upgrading from 3.0 to 3.2 - is that a known problem?
17:49 atz joined #koha
17:50 atz so *this* is where you've been hiding out, eh?
17:50 wizzyrea_ we were hiding from you
17:50 wizzyrea_ j/k <3
17:50 druthb_away is now known as druthb
17:50 oleonard No one can elude atz forever
17:51 slef yeah, hiding by announcing it on lists,, twitter, ...
17:51 slef we should have linked to an AFF site in the announcement. Then more people would pay attention to it.
17:51 atz slef: uh, joking, dude.
17:52 slef atz: ditto
17:53 slef Other odd thing during upgrade: the web installer noted "The Locale::Currency::Format package is not installed on your system or not found in @INC." but that's not in Makefile.PL
17:54 slef I'll go search bugs and report if not.
17:55 slef Locale::Currency::Format notice not a known bug
17:57 slef errors not a known bug
17:57 slef bbi30
18:06 rangi does Makefile.PL not use the same dependencies file as the the web installer
18:08 gmcharlt rangi: it's all routed through C4::Installer::PerlModule nowadays
18:08 rangi right, so should be the same eh?
18:08 gmcharlt right
18:09 rangi bbiab
18:10 slef see $DBversion = '' in
18:10 slef it's a handcoded notice
18:11 slef lines 3498-
18:12 slef git blames chris_n
18:12 slef chris_n: is there a reason for that to be in not Makefile.PL?
18:13 gmcharlt slef: I think that might predate C4::I::PerlModule
18:13 slef biab
18:13 gmcharlt nowadays answer is probably to chnage to run a module check whenever it runs and report back
18:15 tcohen left #koha
18:16 cait joined #koha
18:16 cait hi all
18:18 nengard left #koha
18:19 * jcamins waves to cait
18:19 * cait waves to jcamins :)
18:29 indradg hi cait
18:31 sekjal left #koha
18:33 wizzyrea_ sekjal++ for fixing the on order bug
18:36 jcamins Uh-oh. VirtualBox just committed suicide.
18:36 jcamins Let's try a restart.
18:36 jcamins left #koha
18:37 liw joined #koha
18:37 wizzyrea_ hey liw :)
18:37 * liw waves
18:40 rangi You found us liw :)
18:41 sekjal joined #koha
18:41 cait hi liw
18:43 rangi cait: did the yui change work for u?
18:49 cait rangi: sorry, got home late, still eating my dinner
18:49 cait will try to test later
18:49 jcamins_irssi Apparently VirtualBox isn't ACPI-compliant.
18:49 rangi That's cool
18:52 slef gmcharlt: it doesn't predate Makefile.PL. I wonder why it's in instead, or if it's a mistake.
18:52 gmcharlt slef: I think it was just an effort to make sure that users didn't miss a dependency that would break overdue notices if not installed
18:55 nengard joined #koha
19:01 nengard left #koha
19:02 slef gmcharlt: oh, I see, dependencies are no longer in Makefile.PL in 3.2
19:02 gmcharlt slef: right
19:03 slef I wonder why that one didn't build on my first attempt, though :-/
19:03 slef can someone remind me how to rerun the dependency check, please?
19:03 slef I don't want to do the whole Q+A again.
19:04 gmcharlt slef: -m -u
19:04 gmcharlt to identify missing deps as well as those requiring an upgrade
19:05 slef Are we sure that the version numbers are required?
19:05 slef There's some there which are in debian stable but an earlier version
19:06 gmcharlt slef: hard to say; some may just be the versions that the original dev who added a module was using at the time
19:06 gmcharlt other (particularly Encode) represent real minimums
19:06 slef gmcharlt: IOW no, we're not sure.
19:07 gmcharlt not without trawling through the commit logs and/or testing
19:22 hdl joined #koha
19:32 indradg hdl, hi
19:32 hdl hi indradg
19:32 * chris_n crawls out of the wood work to take the blame for whatever
19:33 cait oh, so it was you?
19:33 hdl whatever what ?
19:33 gmcharlt chris_n: I blame your contributing entirely too much good code to Koha
19:33 chris_n oh, anything you'd like someone to blame something on
19:33 gmcharlt s/your/you for/
19:34 * chris_n is feeling pretty resilient atm
19:34 * cait blames chris_n for not having finished the clone and timemachine modules ;)
19:34 chris_n slef: gmcharlt was correct... that was an attempt to hold up a large flag
19:34 nengard joined #koha
19:35 cait hi nengard
19:35 nengard hiya
19:35 jcamins_irssi chris_n: if I blame you for my VirtualBox dying, will you tell me how to fix it?
19:36 chris_n jcamins_irssi: no... my blame-taking mode is write only... ;-)
19:36 jcamins_irssi Ah well.
19:36 jcamins_irssi It was worth a try.
19:39 jcamins_irssi nengard: you were saying you wanted a video of someone setting up a testing environment.
19:40 jcamins_irssi Well, looks like I have to start over from scratch.
19:40 jcamins_irssi How do you do your instructional videos?
19:41 cait chris: my yuipatch was included with koha all the time
19:41 cait rangi:...see above
19:42 rangi ?
19:42 rangi cait: chris hall has just arrived, will you have 10 mins to have a chat with him if i get him on here?
19:42 cait (19:46:43) rangi: cait: did the yui change work for u?
19:42 cait sure
19:42 rangi cool
19:43 cait he wrote on the wiki I should try if this setting makes the problems go away - but I already had the local files while testing
19:43 cait could change to from Yahoo's own servers if he wants me to
19:44 chrisdothall joined #koha
19:44 cait hi chrisdothall :)
19:44 chrisdothall hey cait :)
19:45 nengard jcamins there are lots of tools - i use screenflow
19:45 cait you suggested changing the yuipath to local - I checked my database - already had that setting
19:45 cait want me to change to ' from Yahoo's own servers?'
19:45 chrisdothall cait: awesome. Local is perfect. Some of your bugs I can't seem to duplicate locally.
19:46 jcamins_irssi rangi: sekjal: someone mentioned a live-testing environment. How do you envision that working? Bootable CD? OVF?
19:46 rangi who what where?
19:46 rangi live-testing as in?
19:46 cait I think we are confusing rangi :)
19:46 cait chrisdothall: which one?
19:47 sekjal I'd like to have a Koha .iso that folks can download, spin up, and git-pull the latest patches for testing
19:47 jcamins_irssi rangi: like, you have a live CD for testing Koha.
19:47 jcamins_irssi Or an OVF.
19:47 rangi ahh
19:47 jcamins_irssi Okay, sekjal says live CD.
19:47 jcamins_irssi That's easy.
19:47 chrisdothall cait: for example: admin/preferences pop up box. I have both the pop up box as well as the black box at the bottom that brings up the gray area full of messages.
19:47 jcamins_irssi I mean, I have no idea how to make a live CD, but getting the answer was easy.
19:47 cait chrisdothall: have created a new branch from catalyst now to get recent changes - is there a specific one? I have some time to retest
19:48 gmcharlt that could be closer than you might think - debian live CD modified to add Koha's deb apt repo + some tweaks have dev-mode install as a packaged option
19:48 chrisdothall cait: template_test is still the most 'up to data' as far as the conversion goes
19:48 chrisdothall sorry, up to date not data.
19:48 cait yep, I have that one
19:48 jcamins_irssi gmcharlt: I'd think we'd need something that included X, though, if people might be booting off the disk.
19:48 cait changed the yuisystempreference - got the box
19:48 cait let me check something
19:49 gmcharlt not *quite* full packaged, as it it would still require somebody to do an apt-get koha-dev first, but such a thing would be easy to maintain
19:49 rangi yeah
19:49 cait chrisdothall: grr. now it works. I will delete the line from the wiki
19:50 cait not sure what happened yesterday, perhaps a special constellation of things
19:50 chrisdothall cait: haha that is actually good news :)
19:51 rangi chris_n: im not sure you want to pull 3881 to 3.2.x
19:51 rangi chris_n: its a new feature (the privacy bit was taken out befor the 3.2.0 release)
19:51 cait chrisdothall: is there more? :)
19:51 rangi @seen chris_n
19:51 huginn rangi: chris_n was last seen in #koha 15 minutes and 27 seconds ago: <chris_n> jcamins_irssi: no... my blame-taking mode is write only... ;-)
19:51 chrisdothall cait: could you also please check catalogue/search 'fewer options' and 'more options' having no effect
19:51 cait how do you hm strike(?) something in mediawiki?
19:52 rangi <del></del> or <strike>
19:52 rangi one of those anyway
19:52 cait did a <strike>
19:53 cait chrisdothall: no change for adv search
19:53 cait problems still stand - the OR groups thing and the more/fewer options
19:53 cait it changes from more to fewer and back, but i get no boolean values
19:54 cait and the search index list is the same for both settings
19:54 moodaepo joined #koha
19:54 jcamins_irssi gmcharlt: wouldn't it be better to use git?
19:54 chrisdothall cait: the only change I see when using fewer/more is the "limits" section appearing/disappearing
19:55 cait yes, there should be more
19:55 cait and/or/not and an option to duplicate the search fields should show up
19:55 gmcharlt jcamins_irssi: you could, but since there's nothing special about the layout of a git repo, you could just as easily make a debian package that includes a local copy of the repo
19:55 chrisdothall cait: awesome thanks cait :)
19:55 jcamins_irssi gmcharlt: oh, that makes sense.
19:56 cait the pup date limit disappears/appears
19:56 gmcharlt after package configuration tweaks a couple settings in .gitconfig, user can then do a git fetch to update
19:56 chrisdothall cait: the yuipath setting should/could have affected your other entries concerning any menus / buttons.
19:57 cait it's still the same as yesterday
19:57 cait but I will check the toolbar for borrowers
19:59 cait yui local: still no toolbar
19:59 chrisdothall cait: thanks :)
19:59 cait np :)
19:59 cait most toolbars work, so I think it's not a general problem
19:59 cait perhaps a template problem in borrowers
20:00 chrisdothall cait: sadly its highly likely
20:01 cait yeah, the borrower templates... are not the best
20:01 cait see lots of problems there
20:01 moodaepo left #koha
20:01 moodaepo joined #koha
20:01 moodaepo @wunder 56001
20:01 huginn moodaepo: The current temperature in South on Monks, Mankato, Minnesota is -11.0�C (2:04 PM CST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 73%. Dew Point: -14.0�C. Windchill: -19.0�C. Pressure: 30.42 in 1030.0 hPa (Falling). Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 6 PM CST this evening...
20:03 cait chrisdothall: tried "from Yahoo" - no change for borrower account
20:03 chrisdothall cait: the date picker problem for tools/viewlog is also appearing elsewhere. Thanks again for this :)
20:04 chrisdothall cait: for the yuipath, I beleive the "from yahoo" setting is broken (on yahoos end) so the local ones *should* be the best for every test.
20:04 cait chrisdothall: was not sure if it's a general problem so noted the pages where i tried it
20:04 cait ok, I have reset it to local
20:05 cait can you take a look at the patron search?
20:05 cait I think it's a "translation" problem
20:05 cait the comma in the value should actually be a ,
20:05 chrisdothall cait: is something of the form a,b becomming acommab?
20:06 cait yep
20:06 cait checked in master too, it's , there
20:07 chrisdothall cait: yea thats a problem caused by my conversion script. was looking at this section suspiciously yesterday, suspicion confirmed :)
20:07 cait hehe
20:07 cait ok
20:07 cait let me know if you want me to test something, send a screenshot whatever
20:07 cait you can also write me a mail
20:08 chrisdothall cait: I should be able to get the comma thing fixed in a few minutes if you have time now?
20:09 cait I will be around for another 30 minutes I think
20:09 wizzyrea_ @wunder lawrence, ks
20:09 huginn wizzyrea_: The current temperature in Channel 6 Downtown, Lawrence, Kansas is -8.7�C (2:12 PM CST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Light Freezing Fog. Humidity: 91%. Dew Point: -10.0�C. Windchill: -14.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1019.9 hPa (Steady). Blizzard Warning in effect until 6 am CST Wednesday...
20:10 wizzyrea_ uh, if that's light freezing fog then I don't know what snow looks like
20:10 oleonard @wunder 45701
20:10 huginn oleonard: The current temperature in Athens, Ohio is 4.0�C (2:55 PM EST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Overcast. Humidity: 93%. Dew Point: 4.0�C. Windchill: 2.0�C. Pressure: 29.94 in 1014 hPa (Falling).
20:11 oleonard[…]d4859aadf12521d,0
20:11 chrisdothall cait: just pushed the fixed templates to template_test now
20:11 chrisdothall cait: with the comma problem fixed (hopefully :p )
20:11 cait ok, git fetch git rebase catalyst/template_test - right?
20:12 chrisdothall cait: awesome works
20:12 cait hm?
20:13 chrisdothall cait: sorry, that will work fine :)
20:13 hudsonbot Starting build 94 for job Koha_3.2.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:13 cait yep
20:13 cait works :)
20:13 chrisdothall cait: comma problem gone?
20:14 cait ype
20:14 cait yep
20:14 chrisdothall cait: awesome, thanks again :)
20:14 huginn New commit(s) kohagit32: Updating Version Number to <[…]6938e6f9c6d66dc4e> / Bug 4160: Currency conversion doesn't handle rates other than 100 <[…]d31d22cce8208b849> / Bug 5665: Routing slip prints too wide for narrow printers <
20:15 cait you are welcome
20:15 Brooke_ joined #koha
20:16 oleonard I just tried checking out template_test and I can't even log in
20:16 oleonard Can't locate in @INC
20:16 wizzyrea_ hi brooke
20:16 Brooke_ ahoy hoy
20:16 cait ah
20:16 rangi yeah apt-get install libtemplate-perl
20:16 cait yeah, got that too
20:16 cait was about to look up the package name from my wiki :)
20:16 paul_p joined #koha
20:17 oleonard Something to add to the template toolkit test page on the wiki?
20:17 cait and plz - can someone fix the language detection?
20:17 cait I noted it on the wiki
20:17 chrisdothall oleonard: will do :)
20:17 cait if you have another language in your browser settings it breaks everything
20:17 chrisdothall cait: is this for template_test?
20:18 cait it's a general problem but extra annoying if you try to test the templates
20:18 chrisdothall cait: bug 3754?
20:18 cait because the translated templates don't work there
20:18 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3754 normal, PATCH-Sent, ---, henridamien, ASSIGNED, Language detection doesn't take really care of syspref
20:18 cait yes
20:18 rangi i thought i did htat?
20:18 cait rangi: you didn#t tell me
20:18 rangi maybe i never sent a patch
20:18 cait I can test it quite easily though
20:19 rangi my idea was just take the browser detection bit right out
20:19 cait I remember no patch for master or 3.2.x  - not sure about the template branch
20:19 rangi it was good in theory, but in practice, its just annoying
20:19 cait rangi: I am with you
20:19 rangi just let the user choose
20:19 cait yeah
20:20 cait the problem is, it takes all installed languages into account
20:20 cait not the languages marked in the sys prefs
20:20 rangi yup
20:20 rangi and overrides what the library have decided
20:20 cait so if you have installed templates for an older version and updated your system without updating those templates...
20:20 cait yeah, better take it out
20:21 rangi right, if chrisdothall has time, ill get him to take a look at that, its a fairly simple 3 or 2 line change iirc
20:22 cait rangi: hm!
20:22 cait it seems fixed on template-test
20:22 rangi ah ha
20:22 rangi i knew i did it somewhere ;)
20:23 oleonard Anything in particular that needs to be tested?
20:23 cait rangi: will this go into master and others too? should I test there again?
20:23 Brooke_ yeah rangi has some bad memory cells what need locating ;)
20:24 rangi cait: it will go in with the template work, i probably wont get round to putting it in master before then
20:24 cait will probably postpone testing to tomorrow though - because I want to go to bed ;)
20:24 rangi oleonard: do you see the table at the bottom?
20:24 oleonard Oh man the markup-parsing center of my brain is going to need a complete re-write!
20:24 cait oleonard: perhaps you could look at borrowers and the datepicker
20:24 cait borrowers account page is quite messy
20:25 rangi oleonard: yeah, you'll find its a lot easier to spot what are comments and what are template tags now :)
20:25 oleonard (not to mention the markup-parsing center of my HTML editor)
20:25 chrisdothall oleonard: its worth it though, I promise, much nicer syntax :)
20:25 * oleonard made it through <TMPL> to <!-- TMPL -->, should be able to manage
20:26 * Brooke_ cheers at oleonard
20:27 cait rangi: that's ok - good to know it will go away
20:28 Brooke_ oh dear gods, that evil woman has posted evil things on her blog again. *sigh*
20:28 Brooke_
20:30 cait hehe
20:30 rangi i like this site
20:30 cait I really like the evil woman's fudge recipe
20:30 rangi
20:30 gmcharlt Brooke_: LOCKRS
20:31 cait nice opac
20:32 oleonard Chrome says it's Croatian?
20:32 Brooke_ looks like BiH
20:33 cait oh, I had guessed hungary
20:33 cait but it's croatia, you are right
20:33 gmcharlt cait: Hrvatska
20:33 nengard am i reading the commit messages right - maxItemsInSearchResults was added back to 3.4 but not 3.2?
20:34 cait time to sleep, lots of work tomorrow
20:34 cait bye all :)
20:35 Brooke_ night
20:35 nengard and does that pref effect the opac and staff client or just one?
20:36 hudsonbot Project Koha_3.2.x build #94: SUCCESS in 23 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]ob/Koha_3.2.x/94/
20:36 hudsonbot * Reed Wade: Bug 5665: Routing slip prints too wide for narrow printers
20:36 hudsonbot * Katrin Fischer: Bug 4160: Currency conversion doesn't handle rates other than 100
20:36 hudsonbot * Chris Nighswonger: Updating Version Number to
20:36 sekjal nengard:  maxItemsInSearchResults is definitely staff client... may be OPAC
20:36 nengard thanks
20:36 cait left #koha
20:36 sekjal but that could be another mechanism
20:37 chrisdothall left #koha
20:38 chrisdothall joined #koha
20:45 hudsonbot Starting build 53 for job Koha_Docs_Master_Branch (previous build: SUCCESS)
20:51 gmcharlt @wunder YYZ
20:51 huginn gmcharlt: The current temperature in Toronto Pearson, Ontario is -8.0�C (3:46 PM EST on February 01, 2011). Conditions: Light Snow. Humidity: N/A%. Windchill: -16.0�C. Pressure: (Falling).
20:51 gmcharlt *sigh*
20:53 rangi @wunder wellington nz
20:53 huginn rangi: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 19.0�C (9:00 AM NZDT on February 02, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 94%. Dew Point: 18.0�C. Pressure: 29.86 in 1011 hPa (Falling).
20:55 darling joined #koha
20:55 darling hello people
20:56 rangi hi darling
20:56 darling we might want to put a more easy to see news item on the web site re the irc change
20:57 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_Master_Branch build #53: SUCCESS in 11 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Master_Branch/53/
20:57 hudsonbot Nicole C. Engard: add maxItemsInSearchResults preference
20:57 rangi yup, we were just waiting to see if it stuck first
20:58 rangi no one has spazzed out yet, so id say that it has
20:58 jwagner left #koha
21:07 oleonard left #koha
21:10 gmcharlt I see that the Katipo IRC server just came back
21:10 gmcharlt I'm going to change its topic
21:10 gmcharlt actually, never mind, don't have op there
21:10 gmcharlt alohalog the bot does
21:11 rangi wasab1: can you fix?
21:15 hudsonbot Starting build 54 for job Koha_Docs_Master_Branch (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:26 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_Master_Branch build #54: SUCCESS in 11 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Master_Branch/54/
21:26 hudsonbot Nicole C. Engard: add shelf browser preferences
21:30 hudsonbot Starting build 55 for job Koha_Docs_Master_Branch (previous build: SUCCESS)
21:32 gbengaadara joined #koha
21:32 * Brooke_ waves to mr. adara
21:32 gbengaadara Hello
21:33 Ahmuck joined #koha
21:33 gbengaadara Trying to get prepared for the meeting in some hours time
21:34 rangi 12 hours time :)
21:36 nengard left #koha
21:39 paul_p left #koha
21:39 Ahmuck rangi: space for what?
21:39 rangi eh?
21:40 Ahmuck linode space
21:40 Ahmuck need more space for what?
21:41 rangi brb
21:41 rangi meeting
21:41 Ahmuck kk, i'll be back in about 1.5 hours
21:42 hudsonbot Project Koha_Docs_Master_Branch build #55: SUCCESS in 12 min: http://hudson.koha-community.o[…]Master_Branch/55/
21:42 hudsonbot Nicole C. Engard: update opac renewal image now that you can select multiples
21:50 slef chris_n: on the one hand, it worked. On the other, having it buried in amongst updatedatabase output isn't going to be much of a big flag to most people who upgrade koha.
21:59 rangi Ahmuck: back, my linode runs bugs. paste. download. and hudson. ... it needs more disk if we want it to do much more
22:00 sekjal left #koha
22:00 rangi[…]rotecting-library
22:00 rangi for those who havent seen it yet
22:00 ibeardslee that is just amazing
22:01 Brooke_ that's awesome
22:01 ibeardslee sadly no-one did that when Baghdad 'fell'
22:01 * Brooke_ volunteered to go to Iraq to protect their Library for internship credit, but her Library School was having none of it
22:01 ibeardslee massive looting in their mueseum
22:01 rangi yeah :(
22:04 Brooke_ some of it will turn up again years later
22:04 Brooke_ shouldn't have to hold out that sort of hope
22:05 ibeardslee and some will stay in the hands of private collectors or be destroyed by people how wonder of a second about the junk their relative collected as they biff stuff into the skip
22:08 ibeardslee and now onto something koha related ..
22:08 rangi there are koha libraries in egypt
22:08 rangi 2 in cairo i think
22:08 ibeardslee if I have books, dvds and Cds in my personal koha instance
22:08 Brooke_ oh dear
22:08 * Brooke_ smells a cataloguing question
22:09 BobB joined #koha
22:09 Brooke_ Bob!
22:09 BobB Hi Brooke !
22:10 ibeardslee can (as an example) Sting (as an author) show as the author of his book of poems, the 'author' of this CDs and as the actor in (eg Dune)?
22:11 * rangi passes
22:12 rangi you get those kinda answers wrong
22:12 Brooke_ it should if they're catalogued properly
22:12 rangi and cataloguing valkyries ride in and stab you
22:12 Brooke_ it's shooting by the gay cataloguing mafia that is the more immediate danger
22:12 Brooke_ the valyries are rarer.
22:12 Brooke_ valkyries even
22:12 wizzyrea_ there are cataloguing valkyries?!
22:13 rangi im my version of the world there are
22:13 Brooke_ shhh you'll provoke them
22:13 * wizzyrea_ gulps
22:13 Brooke_ anyhoo
22:13 Brooke_ you needs be sure that they all have Sting as an access point
22:14 Brooke_ and if you've tagging  active
22:14 Brooke_ you can always double down and make sure it's tagged on top of that
22:14 Brooke_ this is the sort of thing that DC would make very easy by it's creator dohickey
22:14 Brooke_ its
22:15 Brooke_ oof
22:15 wasab1 rangi:  will fix katipo irc in a tic
22:15 rangi danke
22:15 Brooke_ does that sufficiently answer your question, or would you like me to take a closer look via email or summat?
22:16 ibeardslee It seems possible .. rather than a straight 'NO'
22:19 jcamins_irssi If a record is failing to display in, that means that the marcxml field is corrupt, correct?
22:20 jcamins_irssi (biblioitems.marcxml)
22:20 wasab1 rangi: ops granted katipo irc….
22:20 gbengaadara left #koha
22:20 gmcharlt jcamins_irssi: maybe, maybe not; is there anything in the log?
22:21 gmcharlt wasab1: thanks
22:21 jcamins_irssi I'm looking now.
22:22 Ahmuck left #koha
22:24 jcamins_irssi I don't know.
22:25 gmcharlt wasab1: looks like you need to do it again, the katipo IRC server just bounced
22:27 rangi russ got ops that time, he'll op ppl when he gets a chance
22:29 wasab1 cheers
22:33 hdl good night
22:36 Brooke_ good night!
22:36 Brooke_ sleep well
22:42 hdl left #koha
22:55 Brooke_ surely someone has a choice stopped image of Mr. Poulain doing the haka...
22:59 rangi psst
22:59 rangi a haka
22:59 rangi pet peeve, there isnt only one :)
22:59 Brooke_ okay fine
22:59 Brooke_ I will be more specific
23:00 Brooke_ does anyone have a picture of Paul doing the *wrong* haka?
23:00 wizzyrea_ rofl
23:00 rangi it is the wrong one actually :)
23:00 Brooke_ I realise that :)
23:00 Brooke_ if they weren't so camera happy, I'd have played with the poi
23:00 chilts joined #koha
23:02 wizzyrea_ lordie this snow is outrageous
23:02 rangi you better be taking photos
23:03 wizzyrea_ I just took a video, but the snow flakes are so small that they don't really show
23:03 rangi do time lapse stuff
23:03 wizzyrea_ good point
23:03 Brooke_ uh oh
23:03 Brooke_ not small ones
23:03 Brooke_ they have beady little eyes and accumulate
23:04 wizzyrea_ there's a 3 foot drift by my front door
23:04 Brooke_ not like those big threatening fluffy things that get all blown out in like 5 minutes
23:15 jcamins_irssi Anyone have any thoughts on how a record which included a field with no subfields could get into Koha?
23:15 jcamins_irssi won't import it.
23:15 jcamins_irssi Sensibly.
23:17 wizzyrea_ Brooke_: I love snow :)
23:18 Brooke_ go live next door to Magnus then ;)
23:18 * Brooke_ vastly prefers Polynesia.
23:20 Ahmuck joined #koha
23:20 jcamins_irssi Theory: what if you created a record using a framework that allowed you to put data into 655$9, and you didn't put anything in any other subfield of 655, then you changed the framework?
23:24 Brooke_ almost chow time
23:25 Nate_ left #koha
23:25 Brooke_ left #koha
23:31 druthb left #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary