IRC log for #koha, 2010-05-11

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:00 SelfishMan left #koha
00:03 jwagner OK, I'm really going to sign off this time & get some rest :-)  See you all tomorrow.
00:04 jransom good night jane
00:04 jwagner left #koha
00:05 bgkriegel left #koha
00:05 larsw left #koha
00:11 * chris_n chose to install one perl module and it looks like he got all of cpan in the deal :-P
00:11 chris heh
00:11 chris moose?
00:14 jransom left #koha
00:16 chris_n how'd you guess :)
00:17 jo left #koha
00:19 brendan joined #koha
00:19 chris hi brendan
00:19 brendan hey chris
00:23 chris_n 'evening brendan
00:23 brendan hey chris_n
00:24 chris_n *sigh*
00:24 chris_n 'cpan *' would have been just as fast
00:27 irmalibraries left #koha
00:27 brendan @roulette
00:27 munin brendan: *click*
00:27 brendan thanks
00:32 johnindy_ joined #koha
00:32 johnindy left #koha
00:44 logbot_backup joined #koha
00:49 genji joined #koha
00:52 chris_n heya genji
00:54 genji hiya all
00:56 chris_n genji: I left you a message with munin, but I used Genji, so I'm not sure you got it
00:56 genji is now known as Genji
00:56 Genji okay. now how do i ask for messageS?
00:57 chris_n @later help
00:57 munin chris_n: Error: The "Later" plugin is loaded, but there is no command named "help" in it.  Try "list Later" to see the commands in the "Later" plugin.
00:57 chris_n @help later
00:57 munin chris_n: Error: There is no command "later".
00:58 chris @help tell
00:58 munin chris: (tell <nick> <text>) -- Tells the <nick> whatever <text> is. Use nested commands to your benefit here.
00:58 Genji okay.. nevermind.. whats the message?
00:58 gmcharlt whew![…]HarleyIntegration done
00:58 chris awesome !!!
00:58 chris ok if i link to that from my blog post?
00:58 chris_n Genji: munin should have pm'd you with it
00:58 Genji didn't.
00:58 chris_n hmm... it was too long to remember :(
00:59 chris_n had to do with your git problem
00:59 Genji what was it regarding?
00:59 Genji ah.
00:59 Genji bummer.
00:59 Genji did you msg munin? or tell on channel?
01:03 Genji ya, i got that *
01:05 Genji chris_n?
01:06 chris_n sorry, there is a way to get munin to confess, but I've forgotton how
01:07 gmcharlt @notes
01:07 munin gmcharlt: I currently have notes waiting for christ, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hdl:, hdl_laptop:, km_kale, kmkale:, LadyNight32, matts, nengard:, nicole, owen:, paul, Schuster:, sekjal:, seneca:, slef:, thd-away, and wizzyrea:.
01:07 gmcharlt @notes Genju
01:07 munin gmcharlt: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
01:07 gmcharlt @notes Genji
01:07 munin gmcharlt: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
01:07 gmcharlt @notes Genji:
01:07 munin gmcharlt: Sent 1 day, 23 hours, and 19 minutes ago: <chris_n> Starting with a 3.0.x tracking branch, you might do something like: 'git checkout 67e20d82ffdfc' then 'git checkout -b 3.0.094' which will get you a branch at the same point of your current version based on what I read in the irc logs
01:07 gmcharlt @notes gmcharlt:
01:07 munin gmcharlt: Sent 13 weeks, 3 days, 23 hours, and 33 minutes ago: <chris_n> it does not look as if this patch made it in yet:[…]hment.cgi?id=1401
01:08 gmcharlt it's the colons that are messing things up
01:08 slef ???
01:08 slef @notes slef:
01:08 munin slef: Sent 18 weeks, 0 days, 3 hours, and 41 minutes ago: <chris_n> see my post to the list regarding the patron card creator
01:08 * chris_n is very guilty of that mistake :-\
01:08 Genji whats the branch numbers?
01:09 chris_n they are the hash of a commit
01:09 Genji i mean -b 3.0.094
01:09 chris_n ahh -b creates a branch on the fly
01:10 chris_n 3.0.094 is the name of the new branch
01:10 chris_n ie. the version number you are at iirc
01:10 Genji so checking out after a checkout with a new branch number, creates it?
01:10 chris_n but you can name it anything
01:10 chris_n not exactly
01:11 chris_n 'git checkout -b foo' creates a branch 'foo' and checks it out
01:11 chris_n what I said above involves checking out two things:
01:12 chris_n 1. a temporary "branch" at <commit>
01:12 chris_n 2. a new working branch 'foo' off of that temporary branch
01:13 chris_n you're question as I recall was how to rebase only to a certian commit
01:13 chris_n this is effectively the same thing and probably easier
01:15 chris_n if, indeed, you started your work over that version, you may be able to copy your changed files over this branch and come up with a series of commits that represent your work
01:15 * chris_n thinks that is still easier said then done
01:20 Genji temporary branch at commit... means that commit and any before it, right?
01:21 chris wow, that david sure likes to write a lot
01:22 chris_n Genji: correct
01:23 chris he also thinks im you chris_n :)
01:23 * chris_n noticed that :)
01:24 chris_n if we work this right, we should be able to go 7/24 forever
01:26 chris_n Genji: so I just looked back at the commit number for the patch that bumped the version to .094 and checked out at that commit
01:27 chris[…]Service-67119.asp
01:27 slef huh? PTFS just released Koha 3.2???
01:29 gmcharlt slef: nope
01:29 chris im choosing to look it at as ptfs now have lots of their code in a public repo, and im ignoring the marketing bs
01:31 slef after the day I've had, I really didn't want to spend tomorrow taking calls from librarians asking when they can have the new stable tested Koha release and why we've been telling them the alpha has just been released :-/
01:32 slef I am really sick of LMS vendors who issue a press release each time a developer publishes or a client forgets to tick the box for no publicity on an order.
01:32 slef Actually, not just LMS vendors.
01:32 slef Bah, maybe it's time to sleep.
01:34 gmcharlt tomorrow is another day
01:34 wajasu left #koha
01:41 bgkriegel joined #koha
01:42 gmcharlt heh
01:43 gmcharlt Harley Davidson is now following my twitter feed
01:44 chris heh
01:44 brendan Hard-ley Davidson that is
01:45 gmcharlt :)
01:45 gmcharlt no, the real deal, seemingly
01:45 brendan cool - do you own A harley ?
01:45 brendan wow the puns can just keep rolling
01:45 chris a few thousand lines of one
01:45 bgkriegel left #koha
01:45 bgkriegel joined #koha
01:47 brendan this is kind of fun -  I feel like yelling "come home Harley, come home"
01:48 russ harley is to close to marley ;-)
01:48 russ s/to/too
01:49 gmcharlt at least it's a consonant away from having us all talk to invisible rabbits
01:51 bgkriegel left #koha
01:51 bgkriegel_ joined #koha
01:52 chris i wish slef had slept before responding to me
01:55 mason a random daily git question....
01:56 mason how to get  *all*  remote branches , from a remote git-repo?
01:56 gmcharlt git fetch remote
01:57 gmcharlt i.e., the default action is to fetch all branches published by the remote repository
01:57 gmcharlt that is, assuming that you've used git-remote add
01:57 mason yep, and yep...
01:59 mason so i do that , with a '-v'  and get *loads* of remote branches listed - which looks like a success!
01:59 mason but when i do a local $ git branch
01:59 chilts git branch -a
02:00 chilts (-a for all)
02:00 mason right....
02:00 chris you have them all
02:00 chris once you do a fetch
02:01 chris the rest is just checking them out
02:01 mason hmm, why do i need an '-a' switch to see them? ( ive done this before too :/ )
02:02 chris because it only shows you your local branches by default .. you still have them all, you just have not made a local branch
02:02 mason aah, thats the step im missing..
02:02 * chris pulls out RFTM
02:02 chris -a
02:02 chris List both remote-tracking branches and local branches.
02:02 chris :)
02:04 chris i only did that to mason cos i know he can take it :-)
02:04 mason can i create local branches of all these remotes branches , in 1 go?
02:04 mason or do i have to do it manually?
02:05 chris don't think so .. but then why would you want to? you have all the code, just create them as you need them?
02:06 chilts you can also always refer to them as remote/branchname if you want. e.g. git log remote/branchname
02:06 mason ok, so my Q is " how do i clone a remote git-repo - and have all the remote-repo's branches defined as *local* branches, in my repo"
02:06 chilts so they're just hashes (much like any other commit) which you can use anywhere you need a hash :)
02:07 mason ... or is that just a crazy-wacky thing for anyone to do?
02:08 chris yeah
02:08 chris the latter
02:08 chris cos there is no real point to doing that
02:08 chris and you might conflict with other local branches with the same name
02:09 mason for now im happy to manually create local branches, of all the remote-branches i want to work on...
02:09 chris yep, thats they way it was designed to work :)
02:09 chris afaict
02:09 mason ... which is what ive done historically...  i just wanted to know if there was a better-way that i was missing
02:09 chilts yeah, do them as you need them, typing 'git branch mybranch remote/theirbranch' isn't really too much effort
02:10 mason cool, im happy :)
02:12 chilts mason: another good one is being able to checkout remote branches : git checkout remote/branchname
02:12 chilts I find that useful sometimes, esp. if I'm just viewing
02:13 robin chris: remember meeting in 45m
02:13 mason right, but its in read-only mode then?
02:13 chris ah yeah
02:13 robin w/channel
02:13 chilts mason: correct :)
02:13 chris we probably should start walking in 15 mins or so
02:13 robin yeah
02:13 robin I just want to see if the second-last part of the import works :)
02:14 chris cool
02:14 gmcharlt mason: just for you
02:14 gmcharlt git branch -r | xargs -n 1 -I '{}'  git branch mylocal/{} {}
02:15 chris heh
02:15 mason thanks galen ^-^
02:26 Genji left #koha
03:00 braedon|home joined #koha
03:02 aindilis left #koha
03:03 aindilis joined #koha
03:21 bgkriegel_ left #koha
03:40 Amit_G joined #koha
03:40 Amit_G heya brendan, chris
04:25 mason hey amit, long time no chat!
04:34 Amit_G heya mason good morning
04:45 chris what a day
04:46 mason dang, i love the kohacon2010 logo
04:46 chris sweet eh
04:46 mason the motif-recursion is a nice visual hack
04:47 chris gonna look choice on a tshirt
04:47 mason layers upon layers...
04:55 chilts which reminds me, I should update the 'Wiki' link at the top of KohaCon10
04:56 chilts to the new community one :)
04:58 chris yes please
04:58 chilts on my list of things to do tonight :)
05:00 genji joined #koha
05:04 chilts wow, just stumbled accross this, pretty apt :[…]ss-the-right-way/
05:04 chilts "... they [companies] are all reaching the same conclusions about the proper ways to successfully contribute."
05:05 chilts it seems IBM and lots of other big and long time players have all figured out and understand how to contribute :)
05:10 genji hiya all
05:14 chris[…]HarleyIntegration
05:14 chris just rebased and sent a patch for bug3093 and a follow up so it can go into 3.2
05:14 chris hometime i think
05:15 brendan thanks chris
05:16 chris theres a couple more 3.2 ones that dont have patch sent yet, be nice to knock them off
05:16 chris maybe ill do a couple more tonight
05:16 * chris wanders off
05:19 mason another random question...
05:20 mason are we running out of $952 subfield values soon?
05:21 mason [a-z] and [0-9], then what?
05:23 mason i swear i remember galen saying the marc-spec allowed for [] subfields? but MARC::Record doesnt like that
05:24 mason anyone have an idea?
05:30 brendan get ride of MARC ?
05:30 brendan s/ride/rid
05:33 mason the available  952$subfields are starting to feel a little IP4
06:06 kmkale joined #koha
06:07 kmkale good morning all
06:14 nicomo_laptop joined #koha
06:15 Amit_G heya kmkale, nicomo
06:16 cait joined #koha
06:16 cait good morning koha
06:16 cait read back in the logs, mason still around?
06:17 cait I think MARC allows upper-case letters as subfields, I used 'I' once in koha (which is the one letter where it will get confusing)
06:19 kmkale hey amit
06:21 cait ok, time to leave for work, bbl :)
06:21 cait left #koha
06:31 laurence joined #koha
06:52 kf joined #koha
06:52 kf good morning #koha
06:55 paul_p joined #koha
06:56 nicomo_laptop left #koha
06:57 kf hi nicomo and paul_p
06:57 kmkale hi kf
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:59 kf hi kmkale
07:03 matts joined #koha
07:04 francharb joined #koha
07:18 kf any news about the mailing lists?
07:30 chris yep nahuel has fixed it
07:30 chris they should start coming through now
07:30 kmkale who can tell me how the Cart buttons background color is changed on hover?
07:31 chris owen would be the best bet kmkale
07:31 kmkale thanks chris
07:31 kmkale its a neat trick with the gradient
07:32 kmkale @seen owen
07:32 munin kmkale: owen was last seen in #koha 11 hours, 46 minutes, and 22 seconds ago: <owen> All done, folks, see you later
07:32 chris yeah he wont be around for a while yet
07:33 chris koha-devel might be a good place to ask (i dont think your timezones overlap much)
07:33 nahuel :)
07:33 chris nahuel++ #thanks for fixing the lists
07:34 nahuel so, I hope it will crash again :p
07:34 nahuel if any time I up i'm ++
07:35 kmkale aahh got it
07:36 kmkale there is a hover section in the css
07:37 genji left #koha
07:37 kf nahuel++
07:37 * nahuel is going to crash again clamav !
07:42 chris heh
07:43 chris yep i see the mail coming through now :)
07:44 Cythrax joined #koha
07:45 Cythrax hi there, i have just installed koha 3.05 and cannot get my z39.50 search from 'Add marc record' to work. can anyone tell me which part of the installation effects this functionality?
07:46 chris could it be a firewall issue?
07:46 Cythrax i don't think so as i have an old installation on a different box (that someone else did) that works
07:47 chris you could test by trying to telnet to one of the servers on the koha server
07:48 chris eg telnet 7090
07:48 chris if you connect, then we can rule out network issues
07:48 Cythrax it says Connected to Escape character is '^]'.
07:51 chris right so its not network
07:51 Cythrax i probably should mention that i am getting 2 different errors depending on which server i try to connect to, some are complaining about an undefined variable in and others are simply returning Connection failed
07:51 chris is there anything in the apache error logs when you try your search?
07:52 chris undefined variable will be just a warn, so can probably ignore that, the Connection failed one is the real error
07:52 kmkale firebug++
07:53 Cythrax as a selfconfessed noob, where would i find the apache error logs?
07:58 hdl_laptop @notes hdl
07:58 munin hdl_laptop: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
07:58 chris /var/log/apache2/error.log is one to check
07:58 hdl_laptop @notes hdl:
07:58 munin hdl_laptop: Sent 30 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours, and 13 minutes ago: <ricardo> Correcting the problematic section of the PO Portuguese staff file that you pointed out solved the strange redirect problem . Thanks! :) Chris has already pushed the updated version to git
07:58 hdl_laptop @notes hdl_laptop:
07:58 munin hdl_laptop: Sent 21 weeks, 2 days, 11 hours, and 30 minutes ago: <chris_n2> disregard the previous note; there were several bugs in the en optional datasets as well as some duplicate INSERTS in sysprefs.sql; patches submitted to fix all
07:58 hdl_laptop is now known as hdl
07:58 hdl @notes
07:58 munin hdl: I currently have notes waiting for christ, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hdl:, hdl_laptop:, km_kale, kmkale:, LadyNight32, matts, nengard:, nicole, owen:, paul, Schuster:, sekjal:, seneca:, slef:, thd-away, and wizzyrea:.
07:58 hdl @notes hdl:
07:58 munin hdl: Sent 30 weeks, 5 days, 6 hours, and 14 minutes ago: <ricardo> Correcting the problematic section of the PO Portuguese staff file that you pointed out solved the strange redirect problem . Thanks! :) Chris has already pushed the updated version to git
07:58 hdl is now known as hdl_laptop
07:59 kmkale @notes km_kale
07:59 munin kmkale: Sent 1 week, 0 days, 13 hours, and 34 minutes ago: <chris_n> you should try resending your patch and/or checking your git send-email setup; see[…]l_some_parameters
07:59 hdl_laptop hi all
07:59 kmkale @notes kmkale
07:59 munin kmkale: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
07:59 kmkale @notes kmkale:
07:59 munin kmkale: Sent 6 days, 20 hours, and 53 minutes ago: <chris_n> I succesfully upgraded to lucid last week
07:59 chris Cythrax: the other place is /usr/share/koha/var/log
08:00 kf is now known as kf_meeting
08:02 Cythrax thanks chris, the only error that shows up under error.log is that same one that appears on screen about an undefined variable in
08:02 chris dang, im running out of ideas
08:03 Cythrax oh well, thanks fo your help
08:04 Cythrax *for
08:11 chris nahuel: tons of mail in the queue to be sent?
08:15 chris right, just did 2 more patches for[…]HarleyIntegration
08:15 chris and that should be all the 3.2 ones
08:18 hdl_laptop why is notices_fix planned for 3.4 and not 3.2 ?
08:20 chris which one?
08:20 hdl_laptop last one
08:20 CGI807 joined #koha
08:21 nahuel chilts, yes I think
08:21 chris ah because its much more than a bugfix
08:22 chris it adds new features, and a new systempreference
08:22 chris its too late for that in 3.2 now
08:23 genji joined #koha
08:24 chris its actually a poorly named branch
08:25 chris add_bccall_syspref would be a better name :-)
08:25 chris i love how easy git makes it to see the changes ;-)
08:38 chris and blam, there's all the mail in my inbox
08:40 Cythrax left #koha
08:44 richard left #koha
09:31 chilts wiki link at top of KohaCon10 now points to the community wiki :)
09:35 chris thanks chilts
09:36 chilts np
09:39 kf_meeting is now known as kf
09:43 kf left #koha
09:47 chris[…]s_ptfs_lost_cards
09:49 chris that took a bit longer, rebasing, and cherry picking needed, will push to git.koha-community sooon
09:50 chris ohh a patch from matt
09:50 chris cool
09:54 kmkale_ joined #koha
09:58 chris[…]s_ptfs_lost_cards
09:59 kmkale left #koha
10:00 kmkale_ is now known as kmkale
10:00 chilts sweet
10:01 chris updated the wiki too
10:01 kf joined #koha
10:01 kf closed wrong window :(
10:02 chris whoops
10:04 saorge joined #koha
10:19 alex_a left #koha
10:19 paul_p left #koha
10:19 nahuel left #koha
10:26 nahuel joined #koha
10:28 paul_p joined #koha
10:30 alex_a joined #koha
10:35 Kivutar joined #koha
11:05 chris it's quiet ... too quiet
11:06 chilts want us to make some noise? :)
11:06 chris is someone else travelling in time pretending to be me and writing scripts 10 years ago?
11:06 chilts heh
11:07 chris[…]fc59fb924bfbd9f47
11:14 kmkale opac-results.tmpl line 327 <tr><td colspan="5" class="resultscontrol" style="border : 1px solid #e8e8e8;"> is the style information necessary to be embedded here? its preventing change with css..
11:15 chris i don't think we should have any inline styles
11:15 chris but id defer to owen on that
11:15 kmkale bug?
11:15 chris yeah
11:16 kmkale cool. will ask owen when he is around..
11:23 moodaepo left #koha
11:27 chris colin++ #for the quick turnaround
11:30 jwagner joined #koha
11:30 nengard joined #koha
11:38 chris hi jwagner and nengard
11:40 jwagner morning chris.  Or evening, rather.  Go to sleep :-)
11:42 Amit_G left #koha
11:43 jdavidb joined #koha
11:45 jdavidb @karma jwagner
11:45 munin jdavidb: Karma for "jwagner" has been increased 33 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 33.
11:45 jdavidb @karma jdavidb
11:45 munin jdavidb: Karma for "jdavidb" has been increased 27 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 27.
11:46 jdavidb Mornin', #koha
11:46 kf morning jwagner and jdavidb
11:47 jwagner Morning, kf
11:47 jdavidb Hi, kf! :)
11:47 kmkale hi jdavidb
11:48 jwagner At the risk of letting jdavidb catch up to me in the karma stakes, jdavidb++ for a massive job of code wrangling :-)
11:48 * jdavidb is glad to *not* have a bunch of that on the list to do today, for the first time in about two months.
11:49 jwagner I'm sure I can think of OTHER things to add to your to-do list :-)
11:49 jdavidb I am sure.
11:50 jdavidb I still have plenty on my list; it's just that the 900-pound gorilla that's been there forever has left the room.  For now.
11:50 kf the gorilla's name is harley? :)
11:51 gmcharlt good morning
11:51 chris did you see[…]arley_Integration
11:51 jdavidb sure 'nuf, is.
11:51 * jdavidb looks at the web page, and goes "squeeee!"
11:52 jwagner gmcharlt, looks like you've already been pushing some of these to head?  Awesome!
11:52 * kf tries to imagine a squeeing jdavidb
11:52 jwagner He's been taking lessons from wizzyrea
11:52 kf pays off
11:53 jwagner gmcharlt and chris, I have meetings all morning but then will be updating the bugzilla entries (and the integration page with descriptions & notes) probably starting this afternoon.
11:53 chris cool
11:54 jdavidb gmcharlt, did you get any sleep at all last night?  This is....incredible.
11:55 gmcharlt jwagner: regarding bugs, most of them are tag with 'ptfs-harley', but I no doubt missed a few
11:56 jwagner I'll cross-check against my list.
11:59 chris jdavidb: its the bonus of having worldwide development, someone is always awake to cherry pick and tidy
12:00 collum joined #koha
12:00 * jdavidb looks at the history of the page, and sees gmcharlt, chris and nengard all having worked on it in the 12 hours it has existed.
12:00 jdavidb gmcharlt++
12:00 jdavidb chris++
12:00 jdavidb nengard++
12:01 nengard history page? I created that 20 min ago :) hehe
12:01 jwagner No, the[…]HarleyIntegration page
12:01 jdavidb[…]on&action=history
12:01 nengard oh - 'history of the page' :) hehe
12:01 nengard sorry it's early
12:02 nengard i skipped over the words 'of the' :) hehe
12:04 genji left #koha
12:04 chris jdavidb:[…]s_ptfs_lost_cards  thats the first go of setting up an isolated feature branch for 3.4 ... (some rebasing and cherry picking to isolate the previous cardnumber functionality) if you want I can talk you through how I did it ... but after some sleep, .. of course gmcharlt knows too .. im hoping to have a branch with the isolated features in them based off new_fea
12:05 chris that way each branch can be qa'd and merged independent of any others
12:05 chris and now i sleep
12:05 jdavidb sleep well, chris
12:06 jwagner chris and gmcharlt, one note -- several of our features depend on the granular permissions, so the granulars need to go in first.
12:06 gmcharlt jwagner: assuming that it's not too hairy, I might be talked into getting the circ granular permissions into 3.2
12:06 * jwagner sends gmcharlt bribes :-)
12:06 gmcharlt jdavidb: please note comment on bug 4238
12:07 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4238 enhancement, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, OPAC timeout feature for patron privacy
12:09 jdavidb noted, gmcharlt.  Kyle was the one who did that bit for us; we'll work out how to chase this down here.
12:09 gmcharlt jwagner: jdavidb: for the circ granular permissions, I suggest that ptfs/Bug3500 be a priority for rebasing against head
12:10 nengard left #koha
12:12 jwagner Yep, that's the whole set.
12:12 jdavidb Once I get a few things knocked out here, gmcharlt, I'll take a look at rebasing that.  It touches many, many files, but mostly by inserts, rather than edits.
12:14 hdl_laptop has any of you played with icu searches
12:15 jdavidb I've tinkered with using icu to get diacritics happy, hdl_laptop, but I'm not sure I'm happy with the outcome of that.
12:16 hdl_laptop jdavidb: I am having really really weird results
12:17 jdavidb wierd in what way?
12:17 hdl_laptop for instance searching "code sécurité sociale" or "code securite sociale" donot bring same results
12:17 hdl_laptop 2075 results for the first
12:17 hdl_laptop 6 for the second.
12:18 * jdavidb blinks
12:18 jdavidb I would expect it to be exactly the opposite.
12:18 hdl_laptop In fact, looking at the first query, it appears that it only searches for code
12:18 hdl_laptop and leave sécurité sociale apart
12:19 hdl_laptop But if you search sécurité sociale, without code, then you get the results you want.
12:19 jdavidb O.o
12:19 hdl_laptop Not sure it is an icu oddities though.
12:19 hdl_laptop But it is really likely to be.
12:19 jdavidb icu seems to be a strange acronym for "randomize search results", at first look.
12:20 kf has icu indexing, its 3.01.61, if you wnat to test there
12:20 owen joined #koha
12:20 kf I tested with bibliothe/è/éque
12:20 hdl_laptop thanks kf
12:21 kf I got the same results, but did not test with more than one term
12:21 hdl_laptop it is not failing when searching for a single word.
12:21 * owen finds that slew of emails he was looking for
12:21 hdl_laptop It is the combination of words which makes it "fuzzy"
12:22 jdavidb My first run at icu, I got a *lot* fewer search results, which really boggled my mind.  Searching for Gonzalez didn't pick up González, but I was getting a bunch of other hits.  Turned ICU on and got *nothing*, until I turned Fuzzy off.  Then I got what I wanted, but less than originally.  Fuzzy adds all sorts of mud to the mix.
12:22 kf Bibliothèque Archéologique seems to work
12:28 hdl_laptop seems it is not icu dependent
12:28 hdl_laptop s/dependent/related/
12:29 hdl_laptop or maybe only with some special words
12:29 hdl_laptop like code.
12:32 kmkale hdl_laptop if you remember I had similar questions to you regarding icu and Devanagari script
12:33 kmkale I get all the results with fuzzy turned off but the sorting is all wrong
12:34 hdl_laptop sorting is really different from searching
12:34 hdl_laptop kmkale: in fact, zebra first gets the results and then sort them.
12:34 hdl_laptop And you can sort without using icu
12:35 owen @notes owen:
12:35 munin owen: Sent 6 weeks, 4 days, and 0 hours ago: <chris_n> I got the ajax version of DataTable working in my app; I'm going to do some testing and then plan to workup a test branch to test it in Koha
12:35 kmkale oh so icu is not used in definig the sorting order but zebra does it on it own is it?
12:38 hdl_laptop kmkale: problem for sorting indexes is that icu transforms the strings into internal hashes So that if you order on icu processed chains, you will have really bad order
12:40 hdl_laptop This is why in the default.idx I posted, you have
12:40 hdl_laptop sort s
12:40 hdl_laptop completeness 1
12:40 hdl_laptop charmap sort-string-utf.chr
12:40 hdl_laptop and not
12:40 hdl_laptop icuchain icu.xml
12:41 owen kmkale: I wrote a blog post about customizing the Cart and Lists buttons:
12:41 kmkale thats the one I am using and still my sorting for Devanagari is wrong. so where do I need to change to get it correct?
12:41 kmkale owen: i got that. neat..
12:42 * owen saw your query in the log
12:43 jwagner owen, I may come back & pick your brains on the customizing buttons bit -- I have a site where I was trying to change the color of the buttons.  No problem changing the list one, but the cart button was really obstinate.  I verified the stylesheet setting that I was using the right one, etc., but it wouldn't budge.
12:43 hdl_laptop maybe your sort-string-utf.chr need tweaking in order to fit your needs.
12:43 kmkale owen: i have a couple of style related queries if you have a min
12:43 owen jwagner: I always have to go through my own checklist when I do that, it's not always obvious what needs to be changed.
12:43 owen kmkale: Sure
12:44 kmkale hdl_laptop: i will try that
12:44 hdl_laptop kmkale: perhaps also that since zebra is making strange things with hindu script, translitterating them into @@@@ you could have better results using icuchain also for sorting
12:45 kmkale hdl_laptop: meaning? transliterate on the fly?
12:45 hdl_laptop
12:46 hdl_laptop ICU provides the following collation classes for sorting and searching natural language text according to locale-specific rules:Collator
12:46 hdl_laptop Collator is the abstract base class of all classes that compare strings.CollationElementIterator
12:46 hdl_laptop CollationElementIterator is a concrete iterator class that provides an iterator for stepping through each character of a locale-specific string according to the rules of a specific collator object. RuleBasedCollator
12:46 hdl_laptop RuleBasedCollator is the only built-in implementation of the collator. It provides a sophisticated mechanism for comparing strings in a language-specific manner, and an interface that allows the user to specifically customize the sorting order.CollationKey
12:46 hdl_laptop CollationKey is an object that enables the fast sorting of strings by representing a string as a sort key under the rules of a specific collator object.
12:46 hdl_laptop Maybe we could make use of those things in icu
12:46 bgkriegel joined #koha
12:47 kmkale hdl_laptop: over my head presently but will read up
12:47 kmkale left #koha
12:48 kmkale joined #koha
12:48 kmkale oops
12:50 jwagner owen, I'm about to go into meetings for the morning -- maybe I can get with you this afternoon or tomorrow to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Thanks.
12:50 jwagner is now known as jwagner_meeting
12:50 kmkale hdl_laptop: is there an example of sort-string-utf.chr available?
12:51 hdl_laptop kmkale: there is the one in
12:51 kmkale I dont seem to have that file and may be thats why my sorting is all wrong
12:51 kmkale thanks hdl_laptop
12:52 hdl_laptop etc/zebradb/lang_defs/fr/sort-string-utf.chr
12:53 kmkale hdl_laptop: got it. its there for en. So basic question which one is used? do I need one separately for Devanagari? and where do I define how to reach it?
12:54 hdl_laptop yes there is.
12:54 hdl_laptop I guess it is the en that is used by default
12:54 hdl_laptop in default.idx
12:57 nelsonlib joined #koha
12:58 kmkale in default.idx it says charmap sort-string-utf.chr where is it defined whether en or fr etc?
12:59 gmcharlt kmkale: can you advise if bug 4343 can be closed?
12:59 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4343 major, P4, ---,, NEW, OPAC My Account - Users unable to See Loans/Reserves
12:59 gmcharlt rather, bug 4323
12:59 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4323 blocker, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, Web Installer fails with table already exists and loops on step 3
13:00 nelsonlib Hey guys - sorry to interrupt - ut I am having a problem with my label printing batches
13:01 kmkale gmcharlt: yes
13:01 gmcharlt kmkale: cool, please do so
13:02 kf gmcharlt: will bug 3203 be integrated in 3.2? there is no version number on the wiki
13:02 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3203 normal, P5, ---,, NEW, Some Letters template variables are not available to certain notice types
13:02 owen nelsonlib: Jump in with your actual question. If anyone can, they'll answer
13:02 kmkale done
13:02 gmcharlt kf: possibly; I haven't looked at that on in detail yet
13:03 nelsonlib Thanks, owen
13:03 nelsonlib So - my problem is that when I do a wildcard '%' search on the 'Title' on records when I want to add items to a label batch - I get a lot of blank records
13:03 kmkale owen: opac-results.tmpl line 327 <tr><td colspan="5" class="resultscontrol" style="border : 1px solid #e8e8e8;"> is the style information necessary to be embedded here? its preventing change with css..
13:03 bgkriegel left #koha
13:03 nelsonlib In my test library, I have 94 records, and it is finding all 94, but only 22 are displaying their information, there are still blank boxes for the remaining records
13:04 kf gmcharlt: its on my list of 'annoying things' because difficult to predict which fields work in a template, would be nice to have a better solution here
13:04 nelsonlib And no matter how far in the pagination I go, I cannot get the remaining records to show up
13:05 * owen thinks Oh good for once git-blame doesn't blame me
13:07 kmkale owen: also opac-advsearch.tmpl line 118 div id pubrange is having class=container while all others on the page are having class=yui-g . Is it ok to change from container to yui-g? its causing problems while changing background
13:08 owen kmkale: No, I don't see any reason for that style to be embedded. It should be moved to the default css
13:08 owen kmkale: To keep the advsearch template consistent, we should wrap the #pubrange div in a div.yui-g
13:09 kmkale owen: ok. should I file bugs?
13:10 owen Those are such small issues I probably wouldn't file a bug report. Will you submit a patch? Or would you like me to?
13:11 kmkale i am still fighting with git. if you could ?
13:11 owen Sure
13:11 kmkale thanks
13:12 kmkale owen: any ideas about getting rounded corners for yui-b and yui-g? it would look really cool imho
13:13 owen kmkale: The "container" divs were added originally in order to be a hook for rounded corners. Have you tried using that ?
13:13 kmkale aahh..
13:14 owen kmkale: Liblime's OPAC demo shows an implementation which uses JavaScript to achieve the corners
13:14 owen
13:14 kmkale thanks owen.
13:15 kmkale nice
13:15 * owen has started using CSS3's border-radius property for other projects lately
13:15 * owen thinks it's time to give up on IE and start using border-radius widely
13:15 kmkale :)
13:16 nelsonlib left #koha
13:18 owen Some trivia: Here's the library that OPAC design was produced for:
13:19 owen ...but they never ended up migrating to Koha apparently.
13:20 kmkale looks like same css
13:28 owen Can anyone help me out with Bug 4418?
13:28 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4418 normal, P5, ---,, NEW, required patron attributes not red
13:28 owen nengard says "When you create a patron attribute you can say whether it's required or not. "
13:28 owen ...but I don't see where
13:29 owen I don't see anything here: /cgi-bin/koha/admin/patron-attr​
13:33 owen Okay, I'll try another one: Anyone know where the patch is for bug 4238?
13:33 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4238 enhancement, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, OPAC timeout feature for patron privacy
13:34 hdl_laptop owen: there is BorrowerMandatoryFields system preference iirc (bug 4418)
13:34 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4418 normal, P5, ---,, NEW, required patron attributes not red
13:35 owen hdl_laptop: Oh, does that work with patron attributes as well?
13:36 owen It doesn't seem to
13:37 hdl_laptop I think that a good jquery to set class on the Mandatory fields could be helpful
13:37 jdavidb owen, re bug 4238, take a look at the top three commits at
13:37 brendan morning
13:38 jdavidb Hi, brendan!
13:38 owen Thanks jdavidb
13:38 paul_p left #koha
13:49 tomascohen joined #koha
14:03 Colin joined #koha
14:14 paul_p joined #koha
14:25 moodaepo joined #koha
14:25 brendan left #koha
14:30 owen fuzzy_use_of_terminology--
14:31 gmcharlt namely?
14:31 owen The "New Stable Release of Koha" bugs me. http://www.librarytechnology.o[…]
14:31 owen Baby steps I guess.
14:35 moodaepo owen: I would have expected Breeding to be better at use_of_terminology I think he was here for one of the Koha meetings
14:36 gmcharlt moodaepo: that part of merely republishes press releases
14:36 moodaepo gmcharlt: ah I did not know that.
14:40 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:49 CGI807 left #koha
14:49 CGI807 joined #koha
14:54 CGI807 left #koha
15:03 kmkale owen: does it look right?
15:03 owen Very nice!
15:04 kmkale css3
15:04 kmkale to hell with IE
15:05 brendan joined #koha
15:05 wizzyrea kmkale that's beautiful!
15:06 kmkale although I am going to try something like this to see if it accomodates IE
15:06 kmkale thanks wizzyrea
15:06 kmkale and thanks to owen
15:07 kf kmkale: really nice!
15:07 brendan left #koha
15:08 kmkale thanks kf
15:08 brendan joined #koha
15:08 kmkale wizzyrea: did you get a chance to relook at that patch?
15:09 kmkale i would really like for someone to apply it to head and see if it works
15:13 ccurry joined #koha
15:13 ccurry left #koha
15:15 ccurry_ joined #koha
15:15 ccurry_ is now known as ccurry
15:15 CGI592 joined #koha
15:16 ccurry Good morning, everyone.  I have a quick question (I hope) about Acquisitions.
15:16 Kivutar left #koha
15:17 ccurry Is it possible to easily configure the acquisitions module (or just the cataloging module in general) to use a particular framework when creating a record of a particular item type?
15:17 kmkale bye all.. good night
15:18 jwagner_meeting is now known as jwagner
15:18 ccurry We're using dummy subscription records to track our serials acquisitions budget, but we want to suppress the bibs we're using to do so.
15:19 CGI592 left #koha
15:19 ccurry I've figured out how to suppress the records with OpacSuppression and 942$n, but I can't figure out how to do it automatically.  Our catalogers would be required to edit the record after the order is received.  Not a big deal, but I'd like to automate this if I can.
15:20 ccurry We're using an exclusive item type for this purpose, so I had hoped we'd be able to link the item type to a MARC framework, and use the default value for 942$n to automatically suppress these records.  Any ideas?
15:20 ccurry And I suppose I should say good night as well, to this international crowd.
15:21 ccurry Or good evening, since that's a more appropriate greeting.
15:24 owen ccurry: I'm curious why your starting point is the item type
15:24 owen Don't you have to start by creating a record?
15:24 alex_a left #koha
15:27 ccurry In the acquisitions module of 3.0.5, when receiving a record, I can't pick a framework to use; default is used.  I can, however, choose item type.  Since these are dummy records, that's the end of the cataloger's work with the record.  It's used exclusively to track our serials budget.
15:27 kmkale left #koha
15:27 ccurry Does that make sense?
15:29 ccurry brb
15:31 nengard joined #koha
15:37 ccurry back
15:38 gmcharlt ccurry: IIRC, 3.2 does let you set the framework for stuff received in ACQ
15:44 ccurry That's good to know.  There are lots of reasons to update to 3.2.  I can't wait till it's stable.  I guess we'll just do it manually until then, unless you can recommend an easy work around.
15:44 kf ok, perhaps someone has an idea: we imported items with umlauts in callnumber and $i (inventory number)
15:44 kf in items those umlauts are ok, but in marcxml they are broken
15:44 kf and display is broken in some places of koha as a result
15:45 kf after edit/save without changes of the item the umlauts are correct
15:45 kf im confused whats happening here and we need to repair this in 2 databases
15:47 schuster joined #koha
15:47 kf and its only umlauts in 952, umlauts in other fields in marcxml are ok too
15:49 Colin kf:what's the actual value in the bad fields?
15:50 schuster @notes Schuster
15:50 schuster @notes
15:50 munin schuster: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
15:50 kf not sure how I can see that, what I see is JÃx83;ƒx83;Âx82;ƒx8​3;Ãx83;‚x82;Âx82;¤ oh, its better here
15:50 munin schuster: I currently have notes waiting for christ, Genji:, gmcharlt:, hdl:, hdl_laptop:, km_kale, kmkale:, LadyNight32, matts, nengard:, nicole, owen:, paul, Schuster:, sekjal:, seneca:, slef:, thd-away, and wizzyrea:.
15:50 gmcharlt @notes Schuster:
15:50 munin gmcharlt: Sent 13 weeks, 1 day, 4 hours, and 22 minutes ago: <chris_n`> yeah, it needs to make it into the INSTALL.* files
15:50 nengard @notes nengard
15:50 munin nengard: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
15:50 kf should be NeyJä
15:50 nengard @notes nengard:
15:50 munin nengard: Sent 12 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, and 21 minutes ago: <chris_n> I submitted a patch for the docbook documentation correcting some invalid markup
15:50 gmcharlt @notes negard:
15:50 munin gmcharlt: Error: I have no notes for that nick.
15:51 gmcharlt @notes nengard:
15:51 munin gmcharlt: Sent 12 weeks, 2 days, 15 hours, and 21 minutes ago: <chris_n> I submitted a patch for the docbook documentation correcting some invalid markup
15:51 nengard @notes nicole
15:51 munin nengard: Sent 3 days, 4 hours, and 35 minutes ago: <chris_n> I sent along a security tip you might like to publish in the next newsletter
15:51 nengard chris_n already thanked you for that via email :)
15:51 kf Colin: any idea?
15:52 laurence left #koha
15:52 chris_n nengard: received; that's an oldie note
15:52 nengard yup :)
15:52 nengard so - i've really screwed something up on my install ... i was trying to revert an old patch of mine that wasn't accepted because someone else got to it first :) and i'm having all kinds of merge issues - can I just pull down 1 file from the current repo and have it overwrite my screwy one?
15:52 * chris_n is apparently guilty of most of the old notes due to the mistaken use of ':' :-)
15:53 nengard hehe
15:53 kf I can try some import tests tomorrow, but its really strange
15:53 owen I wonder if you can ask munin to forget a note?
15:55 kf ok, will start to rain any minute, have to hurry up to get home - if somebody has an idea - I will read back later!
15:55 kf left #koha
15:55 Colin kf: not at the moment   stay drt
15:56 Colin that's dry
15:56 gmcharlt owen: you can work around it by temporarily changing your nick
15:56 gmcharlt e.g.,
15:56 gmcharlt hmm,
15:56 gmcharlt no actually, you can't
15:56 gmcharlt ':' isn't valid in a nick
15:56 owen :) I tried that too
15:57 gmcharlt well, I'll purge the dead notes RSN
15:57 * owen wonders what message christ has waiting for him upon His return
15:57 * owen thinks probably a lot of programmers cursing about stuff
15:58 nengard LOL
15:58 nengard owen replied to your email
15:59 gmcharlt well, since I'm curious
15:59 gmcharlt @notes christ
15:59 munin gmcharlt: Sent 36 weeks, 4 days, 23 hours, and 5 minutes ago: <wizzyrea> pst, can I pick your brain about the LIMIT statement you suggested? I'm having some trouble. I''d be ever so grateful.
15:59 owen christ has the best sql-fu around.
16:00 owen "SELECT * FROM `humans` WHERE..." ... and then you get all the messy morality stuff.
16:03 brendan SELECT wine FROM water
16:05 owen SELECT `stone_thrower` FROM `crowd` WHERE `sin` IS NULL
16:05 Colin == 0 surely NULL is morally vague
16:07 owen Sounds like a job for a treatise
16:07 Colin plus God would have to face the wrath of CJ Date
16:12 wizzyrea blasted topys
16:12 wizzyrea irony. I has it.
16:12 wizzyrea typos*
16:13 wizzyrea oh, is he a waldo person?
16:14 jdavidb oooooo
16:15 wizzyrea ...
16:15 wizzyrea god is a waldo person, I'm funny.
16:16 jdavidb Hell hath no fury like a waldo person...
16:18 brendan ah waldo they've been quiet (well except ben)
16:19 jdavidb For the modern age, I think that whole thing about "Hell hath no fury" needs revision:  "Hell hath no fury lke an ex-wife with more money than good sense..."
16:20 paul_p left #koha
16:21 owen nengard: I haven't gotten an email from you
16:21 nengard hmmm
16:21 nengard says it was sent in reply 49 min ago
16:21 nengard but here is it:
16:21 nengard Okay so apparently you put patron_attr_2  (or whatever number the
16:21 nengard attribute is) in the BorrowerMandatoryField pref to make it required.
16:21 nengard Not sure how you keep track of which attribute is which number - but
16:21 nengard that's how you make it required.
16:22 owen Wild. How did you figure that out?!
16:23 brendan :)
16:24 nengard yeah - it was brendan - not me :)
16:26 francharb left #koha
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:27 cait back
16:27 ccurry left #koha
16:27 cait not dry, but at home now :)
16:28 cait @wunder Konstanz
16:28 munin cait: The current temperature in Taegerwilen, Germany is 12.1�C (6:29 PM CEST on May 11, 2010). Conditions: Thunderstorms and Rain. Humidity: 89%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 29.61 in 1002.6 hPa (Rising).
16:28 brendan @wunder 93117
16:28 munin brendan: The current temperature in ASOS_HFM SANTA BARBARA, CA, Santa Barbara, California is 13.9�C (9:05 AM PDT on May 11, 2010). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 55%. Dew Point: 5.0�C. Pressure: 30.07 in 1018.2 hPa (Rising). Wind Advisory in effect until 3 am PDT Wednesday...
16:28 brendan hi cait
16:28 cait hi brendan
16:28 cait thunderstorms and rain - munin++
16:29 * jdavidb waves, and hands cait a towel
16:30 cait thanks :)
16:30 cait still thinking about weird umlauts in callnumbers... hmpf.
16:31 * owen wonders if nengard's documentation for required patron attributes will include instructions for installing Firebug
16:31 cait :)
16:32 brendan owen++
16:33 owen Heh... "The following fields are mandatory: patron_attr_1"
16:33 nengard :)
16:33 owen Not sure this feature is ready for prime time :P
16:34 nengard jwagner around?
16:41 jwagner here (when not off working on another screen)
16:42 nengard hi jwagner
16:42 nengard had questions but i put them in the bug 3093 report
16:42 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3093 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---,, RESOLVED FIXED, Enhance placing of holds in staff interface
16:44 nengard now that i retest though - it looks like it does work in the opac & staff client
16:44 jwagner Hmmm.  The feature should work in both staff and OPAC.  I wasn't worried too much about the lists & cart, although it should probably be extended to them.
16:44 jwagner Primary concern was getting it off the search results page.
16:44 owen I don't see how the cart and lists are any different
16:44 owen Same issue, isn't it?
16:44 owen Multiple holds overriding hold limits?
16:45 jwagner Yes, it should be extended.  This was a quick get-it-out-of-there! fix, though.
16:47 nengard if we're talking about extending it -then it should be 2 prefs - one for OPAC & one for Staff
16:48 jwagner It may or may not be necessary in the future with the more defined circ rules.
16:49 jwagner Haven't done enough testing yet in 3.2 to know if multiple holds are handled better there.
16:50 owen Nope :(
16:50 * jwagner just realized why my blood sugar feels so low -- going to get some lunch
16:50 jwagner is now known as jwagner_lunch
16:50 nengard jwagner - i'm with you -- be back soon
16:50 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
16:55 johnindy_ left #koha
16:59 Colin left #koha
17:12 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:25 jwagner_lunch is now known as jwagner
17:27 brendan wb lunchers
17:31 jwagner Where's the dessert?
17:31 owen is now known as owen-away
17:31 cait chocolate cookies?
17:31 brendan bugs for dessert served in this channel
17:31 jwagner brendan, that doesn't sound very ... tasty!
17:31 brendan :)
17:32 * chris_n hears that deep fried termites are tasty
17:32 * cait hides her chocolate cookies from brendan and chris_n
17:37 chris_n hmm... chocolate covered ants maybe?
17:37 cait dont do that to chocolate
17:37 jwagner Suddenly I'm losing my appetite.  Maybe I'd better go get a cookie.
17:38 * cait offers jwagner one of the hidden chocolate cookies
17:40 jwagner Mmmmmmmmmm
17:40 cait just dont combine with any insects
17:41 jwagner or share with people who bug me?
17:43 cait hm, sometimes this might include me
17:43 nengard no more talk of eating bugs!!
17:44 cait :)
17:44 nengard my dessert is sugar free jello
17:45 * jdavidb likes jello a lot.  Has to be careful not to eat too much, or he wiggles n jiggles.
17:45 nengard LOL
17:45 nengard the idea behind sugar free jello is to stop the wiggling and jiggling :)
17:45 nengard at least for me it is :)
17:47 cait is it tasty?
17:59 owen-away is now known as owen
18:00 * owen goes back to chewing on bug 4418
18:00 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4418 normal, P5, ---,, NEW, required patron attributes not red
18:00 owen Mmmmm... perplexing.
18:02 chris_n the chewy ones always seem to be that way ;-)
18:03 owen nengard: Your email finally made it through (lunchtime traffic delays?)
18:03 nengard not sure
18:04 nengard hey anyone know what template file prints out the 'no result found' message on the opac search?
18:04 nengard it's not opac-results
18:04 owen I was just looking at that yesterday:
18:05 * owen had to go looking for it himself
18:05 nengard thank you!
18:16 jwagner Speaking of that "no result found" -- I had a request from a library to modify that to take off the library name.  (i.e., not "No Result Found in Library Name" just "No Result Found")
18:16 jwagner Is that something anyone else would be interested in?
18:16 jwagner Sorry, not to remove permanently, but to wrap a div around it so it could be jquery'd?
18:17 jwagner I couldn't see a way to do it as-is.
18:17 owen jwagner: A change like that doesn't cause anyone any harm, so why not?
18:17 cait I did something to the German message, no fun
18:18 cait the library said they dont want the query, because its confusing for people to see things like title,phr
18:19 Johnindy joined #koha
18:19 owen Yeah, seeing "ti,wrdl" is just nonsensical
18:21 chris i agree
18:22 chris gmcharlt will fix it with the rewrite of C4::Search im sure, being able to hide it until then would be sweet
18:22 * chris hides from gmcharlt
18:22 * jwagner thinks chris is living dangerously :-)
18:22 tjl joined #koha
18:22 cait removed the query and replaced it with 'your search terms' so that it makes a whole sentence in German :)
18:22 cait jquery++
18:22 jwagner OK, if I have a chance I might do a patch.  Or I might not....
18:23 jwagner Got another meeting, back later.  chris & gmcharlt, it doesn't look like I'm going to get to the bugzilla stuff today.  Tomorrow, probably.
18:23 jwagner is now known as jwagner_meeting
18:25 tjl Does anyone have troubleshooting steps for when a new install hangs at 'sudo make install' and reports nothing to the screen?  All the tests passed.  All prereqs installed.  Koha user and group created.
18:26 * gmcharlt goes after chris
18:26 gmcharlt ;)
18:29 nengard why would i get this error:
18:29 nengard ERROR 1062 (23000): Duplicate entry 'OPACNoResultsFound' for key 1
18:29 jdavidb looks like you tried to install the same syspref twice.
18:29 nengard but i didn't :)
18:29 nengard it's not there i did a select
18:30 jdavidb o.O
18:30 nengard that was the first thing i checked
18:30 nengard i read on a forum that the index may need a repair
18:30 chris tjl: hmm nope, havent seen that happen before
18:30 nengard but i don't know how to do that
18:30 chris tjl: does top tell you anything?
18:30 nengard brendan says it went through A-OK on his install
18:32 jdavidb The mysqlcheck command line utility can look for problems, might give that a swing.
18:32 Johnindy left #koha
18:32 tjl chis: top says a perl process is running that is taking up anywhere from 30 - 60% of CPU.
18:34 chris well i guess its doing something then ... who knows what... weird
18:34 tjl chris: after 'sudo make install' this is reported to the screen but nothing further.  '/usr/bin/perl "-Iblib/arch" "-Iblib/lib" fix-perl-path.PL blib'
18:35 tomascohen left #koha
18:36 nengard anyone else know how i can reset my db?
18:36 nengard repair and mysqlcheck don't work on it
18:37 chris tjl: how long has it been running now?
18:38 chris nengard: select variable from systempreferences where variable like 'OPACNo%';
18:38 chris just to be certain
18:38 nengard chris - did taht
18:38 nengard that
18:38 tjl chris: this time around 5 minutes.  i've let it run longer.
18:38 nengard before i asked for help :) that I know how to do :)
18:39 chris right, heres what i would do
18:40 chris mysqldump -uuser -p koha systempreferences > sysprefs.sql
18:40 chris mysql -uuser -p koha < sysprefs.sql
18:40 chris that should drop and recreate the table, and hopefully fix whatever is up with it
18:40 chris if that doesnt work
18:41 chris you can mysqldump the whole of koha
18:41 chris mysqladmin -uroot -p drop koha
18:41 chris mysqladmin -uroot -p create koha
18:41 chris and then reload it
18:42 chris tjl: what version?
18:42 nengard chris - how am i reloading it?
18:42 chris the sysprefs one?
18:42 chris or the whole db?
18:42 chris mysql -uuser -p koha < sysprefs.sql
18:42 chris or
18:42 tjl chris: 3.0.5 on Ubuntu 9.04.
18:43 nengard got it - and just the sys prefs is what i need
18:43 chris mysql -uuser -p koha < whatever-you-called-it
18:43 chris tjl: i will try to recreate when i get to work, but its certainly nothing i have run into befor
18:44 chris anyone else?
18:45 brendan hi chris
18:45 nengard thanks chris
18:45 nengard worked, but my feature didn't work :) so off to edit the code :)
19:02 brendan left #koha
19:03 nengard left #koha
19:10 jdavidb left #koha
19:37 cait good night #koha
19:37 cait left #koha
19:39 hdl_laptop time to go to bed.
19:39 hdl_laptop good night folks
19:39 wizzyrea gnite hdl_laptop
19:42 jwagner_meeting is now known as jwagner
19:44 jwagner left #koha
19:45 collum left #koha
20:03 sekjal joined #koha
20:04 DRUlm joined #koha
20:05 DRUlm Hi all, what is the news.
20:06 owen DRUlm: This:[…]de-hits-the-wild/
20:09 tjl left #koha
20:14 DRUlm Wow!
20:15 wizzyrea :D I kno rite?
20:15 wizzyrea pretty sweet
20:15 wizzyrea some really good features
20:15 wizzyrea all open, too. I like that.
20:16 owen I'm sure schuster's happy that there is now a foreseeable upgrade path for his library
20:16 wizzyrea yea, def
20:17 wizzyrea it's a nice intermediate step between where we are (omg old and broken) and 3.2
20:17 wizzyrea though there's a ton of improvements in 3.2 that this doesn't have
20:20 DRUlm Its all good.
20:22 owen 3.0 <- old and busted | new hotness -> 3.2
20:22 DRUlm Cool!
20:22 DRUlm Yeah, 3.2 is looking good.
20:28 owen left #koha
20:29 reed joined #koha
20:32 DRUlm left #koha
20:48 chris heya reed
20:48 richard joined #koha
20:48 richard hi
20:49 chris heya richard
20:49 richard hi chris
21:00 genji joined #koha
21:00 joetho joined #koha
21:03 Johnindy joined #koha
21:04 chris heya kansas ... and genji
21:04 sekjal left #koha
21:06 schuster schuster - says I always had an upgrade path...  Community...
21:07 chris you still do
21:07 chris :)
21:07 chris but now commnity will contain features that you sponsored
21:07 chris[…]braries-to-thank/
21:08 chris and i prefer to call it mainstream or mainline .. or just koha
21:08 chris community is the marketing LL used to denigrate it
21:08 wizzyrea I think most marketing people should be fired.
21:08 * wizzyrea harrumphs
21:09 mason liz++
21:10 schuster that was the intent all along...  community was already going to have most of my code as Galen made sure most of it moved before he left...++
21:10 schuster See ya!  Baseball practice with 9 year olds tonight!
21:10 schuster left #koha
21:26 wizzyrea oh hi mason :)
21:32 reed "community version" is almost always used to indicate the hobbled open source version of a commercial product -- mysource matrix  and mysql come to mind
21:33 reed normally missing some key feature you need to make it work
21:33 chris yeah, lets call it mainstream
21:33 reed so, yeah, would love it if we can sort the language out better
21:33 chris or official
21:33 reed or koha
21:34 chris yeah :)
21:42 Nate joined #koha
21:54 mason it's quite cute that the 'koha-community' phrase was originally created to indicate something inferior
22:42 Nate left #koha
23:06 robin left #koha
23:11 robin joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary