IRC log for #koha, 2010-05-10

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:01 richard is now known as rich-away
00:08 chris hmm am i dreaming
00:08 chris or did we used to use Business::ISBN ?
00:09 * brendan seems to remember that being in there
00:11 chris hmm no sign of it, maybe its only in the 3.0.x branch
00:12 robin Yeah, I can't find any ISBN module.
00:12 chris i'm sure we did something with Business::ISBN
00:13 robin I've found code that checks ISBN for length and formatting, but nothing that does checksums.
00:13 * chris greps mail
00:13 robin Oh well, I'll use Test::ISBN for this script, it does exactly what I need.
00:14 chris ah i see a patch from gmcharlt with it
00:14 robin (and builds on Business::ISBN)
00:14 chris maybe he never pushed his patch :-)
00:14 robin oh, actually, I can do this in Business:: anyway, so that'll be better.
00:14 chris yeah use that and ill follow up with gmcharlt about the dependency
00:15 chris its in debian already so thats good
00:15 robin oh, cool
00:15 robin Adding a smart ISBN/ISSN checker/seperator for this import thing to help handle noisy data.
00:16 chris *nod*
00:22 nengard done with a ton of wiki edits - now it's time to relax - it is sunday after all
00:22 nengard left #koha
00:30 gmcharlt yep, let's go with Business::ISBN
00:57 brendan left #koha
01:02 brendan joined #koha
01:09 chris_n howdy brendan
01:09 brendan heya chris_n how the day go?
01:09 chris_n great
01:11 chris_n yesterday we put up some new window baskets with flowers and today the kids and I took my wife out to eat
01:14 brendan nice that sounds excellent
01:16 chris_n ahh... hope they get this fixed:[…]+Headline+Feed%29
01:16 * chris_n wonders if some perl coding might help fix the problem
01:17 gmcharlt a telegram asking the aliens to stop mucking with the probe might be better ;)
01:18 chris_n lol :D
01:18 chris_n maybe they speak perl, no?
02:11 brendan night all
02:14 rich-away is now known as richard
02:17 braedon|home @wunder auckland
02:17 munin braedon|home: The current temperature in Auckland, New Zealand is 20.0�C (2:00 PM NZST on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 60%. Dew Point: 12.0�C. Pressure: 30.04 in 1017 hPa (Steady).
02:18 braedon|home @wunder wellington
02:18 munin braedon|home: Error: No such location could be found.
02:18 braedon|home @wunder wellington, new zealand
02:18 munin braedon|home: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 17.0�C (2:00 PM NZST on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 63%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.09 in 1019 hPa (Falling).
02:29 schuster joined #koha
02:29 schuster anyone about for a question?
02:30 chris yes
02:30 schuster I'm looking at loading 3.2alpha2 and I'm looking at the documentation where is the current git?
02:30 schuster git clone git:// kohaclone
02:30 schuster is what is in the document...
02:31 chris what document?
02:31 schuster INSTALL.debian-lenny
02:31 chris yeah that needs updating, but if you have the tarball, then you dont use git anyway
02:32 schuster ok I do have the tarball, just have not had success installing from that in the past so guess I will march onward with the tar.
02:33 schuster thk.
02:33 chris if you clone git, you arent installing the alpha2
02:33 chris you are instally whatever master has moved on to
02:34 schuster true.  Just trying to get closer to do some testing as I can.
02:34 chris[…]Control_Using_Git
02:35 chris if you want to do an install from git, that has the right urls in it
02:36 schuster OK thanks.  appreciate the help.  Hope you had a good weekend...
02:39 chris yep, busy but good
02:53 schuster Same here...  Had a nice garden party tonight...
02:55 larsw is there a deadline for kohacon Call for Papers? a date after which new proposals for talks/panels/etc won't be acceptedd?
02:55 chris not yet, but we should make one
02:56 larsw perhaps that'd be good to discuss in tomorrow's kohacon meeting
02:56 chris yup
02:57 * larsw e-mails Russ with suggestion
03:02 schuster left #koha
03:30 Amit_G joined #koha
04:46 genji left #koha
04:47 chris we need to shift all this js out of the templates into files, then put expires headers on them, will decrease the pageload size on a lot of pages
04:47 * chris writes notes to himself
04:50 larsw left #koha
04:54 richard left #koha
05:09 chris missing syspref too
05:10 chris $maxitems =                                                                                       ( C4::Context->preference('maxItemsinSearchResults') )                                          ? C4::Context->preference('maxItemsinSearchResults') - 1                                        : 1
05:13 Amit_G heya chris
05:14 Johnindep left #koha
05:36 robin chris: when you're home, does Koha have a way of specifying a circulation list? As in, "when an item arrives, it should go to these people first"?
06:03 rach joined #koha
06:22 mib_lbj0qh joined #koha
06:23 mib_lbj0qh left #koha
06:37 laurence joined #koha
06:54 francharb joined #koha
07:01 magnus joined #koha
07:03 alex_a joined #koha
07:04 hdl_laptop joined #koha
07:11 chris robin: for serials yes, called a routing list
07:11 chris in theory you could use it for any type of item
07:11 robin OK, they'll be asking about that tomorrow I expect :)
07:11 chris :)
07:12 chris hdl_laptop: you about?
07:12 hdl_laptop hi chris and all
07:14 chris hi hdl_laptop :) hope you had a good weekend, was yesterday mothers day in france too?
07:14 hdl_laptop it is a little later afaik
07:14 hdl_laptop rather at the begining of June
07:15 chris hdl_laptop: i notice that mail from doesnt seem to be happening?
07:15 chris ahhh
07:15 hdl_laptop I saw your email
07:16 chris cool
07:22 robin chris: is it intentionally confusing that 'url' is described as 'Uniform Resource Identifier'? :)
07:23 robin pedantically, they're different things...
07:26 kf joined #koha
07:27 chris unintentionally confusing :)
07:38 robin chris: how fun does a 4.7MB MARC XML file sound :) it's what I'm up to now, and I now just have to sort out some stuff relating to appending multiple columns into one field, and dewey validation, left.
07:38 chris that should be fine :)
07:38 * chris sends another email to koha-devel
07:40 kf good morning all :)
07:40 chris hi kf
07:48 * robin calls it an evening
07:49 robin otherwise I'll start dreaming about MARC records again :(
07:49 chris yeah you don't want to do that :)
07:54 nahuel joined #koha
08:09 chris hi nahuel
08:10 kf is this still correct?[…]earchterm=browser
08:12 chris maybe for 3.0
08:15 kf hm, ok, I will state that koha follows web standards with no ref
08:15 chris i would say, attempts to follow web standards
08:16 kf good point
08:16 chris or aims to be standards compliant
08:18 kf chris: another question is about duplicate check in cataloging, no idea how this works - the question is about the fields that are checked
08:18 chris when you add a new one and it says this loosk like a duplicate?
08:18 kf yes
08:19 kf I tried to find the code, but did not really find out how it works
08:20 chris its in C4::Search
08:20 chris it checks the isbn first
08:20 nahuel hi chilts
08:20 nahuel chris,
08:20 chris if that matches, it stops looking and says this looks like a duplicate
08:21 chris if that doesnt match, it then checks title, author and itemtype
08:21 chris if all 3 of those match, says duplicate
08:22 kf chris++
08:22 kf thx a lot
08:23 kf but why does it check the item type?
08:24 chris because if you have same title, same author, but one is large print and one is paperback, then they aren't a duplicate
08:25 kf but the check is during cataloging - so it will check with the biblio-level-itype and not the item-level-itype
08:25 kf have to keep this in mind, our libraries are all using item-level-itypes
08:26 chris yep thats fine
08:26 chris but if you enter one the same as one you already have, then you should be just adding an item anyway, not a new record
08:33 kf chris: thats right. I was thinking about how this field is set in our libraries, they do not edit it, its set to a standard value
08:34 miguel good morning
08:34 kf good morning miguel
08:55 vdsmile joined #koha
08:55 vdsmile hello everybody
08:55 vdsmile I have a question about koha
08:57 vdsmile I want develop a module of password lost
08:57 vdsmile haev you an idea ?
08:58 kf so that users can request new passwords in the opac?
09:01 vdsmile not in the opac but in the back
09:21 kmkale joined #koha
09:21 kmkale good afrernoon all
09:21 kmkale @weather Mumbai
09:21 munin kmkale: The current temperature in Mumbai, India is 33.0�C (2:10 PM IST on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Scattered Clouds. Humidity: 71%. Dew Point: 27.0�C. Pressure: 29.68 in 1005 hPa (Steady).
10:12 kf @weather Konstanz
10:12 munin kf: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 12.0�C (12:00 PM CEST on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Light Rain. Humidity: 92%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 29.73 in 1006 hPa (Rising).
10:21 chris @wunder wellington, nz
10:21 munin chris: The current temperature in Wellington, New Zealand is 12.0�C (10:00 PM NZST on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Partly Cloudy. Humidity: 88%. Dew Point: 10.0�C. Pressure: 30.18 in 1022 hPa (Rising).
10:22 kf same temperature :)
10:23 chris_n @wunder 28334
10:23 munin chris_n: The current temperature in Dunn, North Carolina is 8.1�C (6:23 AM EDT on May 10, 2010). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 27%. Dew Point: -10.0�C. Windchill: 8.0�C. Pressure: 29.88 in 1011.7 hPa (Rising).
10:24 chris_n g'morning
10:24 kf hi chris_n :)
10:26 kf gmcharlt: around?
10:26 gmcharlt kf: yes
10:26 kf hi :)
10:26 kf I updated my installation to test xslt translation
10:27 kf with english search works, with German I get an error 500 page
10:28 gmcharlt what error messages do you get in the Apache error log?
10:28 kf give me a minute
10:30 kf is this log under koha or var/log/apache2?
10:34 kf ah I think I found it
10:39 kf gmcharlt: lunch time now, just let me know if you want me to test something or add this to the bug, will read back later
10:40 gmcharlt kf: looks like the XSL may not have survived the translation
10:41 gmcharlt I'd be curious to see what xmllint --noout /path/to/de-DE/xslt/MARC21slim2OPACResults.xsl shows
10:41 kf have 3 more minutes - will test
10:42 kf installing libxml2-utils
10:43 kf a long list of error messages...
10:45 kf
10:47 kf have to leave now, will be back in about 30 minutes
11:00 gmcharlt kf: looks like a bad translation - the closing </img> tags for the format icons were not supplied
11:05 girlajo joined #koha
11:12 kmkale @seen wizzyrea
11:12 munin kmkale: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 2 days, 13 hours, 46 minutes, and 43 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> huh.[…]10-web-directions
11:15 nengard joined #koha
11:16 kf gmcharlt: perhaps another problem with pootle, es-ES and fr-FR also dont work
11:17 gmcharlt kf: looks that way; I'll add a fallback to the English XSLT in cases where the non-English ones don't work
11:17 kf and Im pretty sure I translated/copied all code
11:17 kf gmcharlt: good idea, I will try to repair our xslt files
11:20 kf there was a lot of code in pootle, I tried to copy all of it, but perhaps I translated something by mistake
11:26 kmkale @seen chris_n
11:26 munin kmkale: chris_n was last seen in #koha 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 1 second ago: <chris_n> g'morning
11:26 kf comparing de-DE and en - not sure where the missing img is
11:27 kf ok, ... it was too obvious
11:32 vdsmile left #koha
11:34 kf gmcharlt: I think it not a problem with pootle, the img tags are not in pootle, just the strings. so automatic translation seems to break xslt files :(
11:42 Amit_G left #koha
11:46 jwagner joined #koha
11:48 kf gmcharlt: I added /> to all img tags and now the search is working. want me to add a new bug report fort his?
11:48 kf his = this
11:48 gmcharlt yes, please
11:50 kf severity?
11:55 gmcharlt blocker
11:56 kf thx, I hope my description is understandable
11:59 kf bug 4472
11:59 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4472 blocker, P5, ---,, NEW, img tags in xslt broken after automatic translation
12:06 kf gmcharlt: close bug 4403?
12:06 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4403 blocker, P5, ---,, ASSIGNED, XSLT files not translated
12:06 gmcharlt yep
12:09 jdavidb_meeting joined #koha
12:09 jdavidb_meeting is now known as jdavidb
12:10 kf I found another related bug 3214
12:10 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3214 enhancement, P3, ---,, NEW, OPAC XSLT stylesheets are not translatable
12:11 nengard is anyone else getting emails from the bugs or commits mailing lists?
12:11 nengard I haven't gotten any since Friday morning
12:11 collum joined #koha
12:11 nengard and I know that there were commits cause I just did a fetch and got stuff :)
12:11 nengard also I edited/submitted bugs and got no emails
12:12 owen joined #koha
12:12 gmcharlt nengard: looks like an issue with email - chris dropped BibLibre a note asking them to check
12:12 nengard okey dokey!! Thanks :)
12:12 nengard gmcharlt, should we get the commits list to point to the new git repo? Or was that done already?
12:12 kf just noticed it too :)
12:13 kf changed bugs and no mails got out
12:14 kf nengard: can you test zotero export from koha detail page? Its not working for me. result list is fine.
12:14 nengard kf - there is a bug report about that - it does not work from the detail page - it shows 2 titles as exportable, and if you choose one it gives you a ton of errors
12:14 kf nengard: ah, sorry.
12:15 kf yes, thats exactly what happens. will search the bug.
12:15 nengard[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4018
12:15 munin Bug 4018: blocker, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED, Coins support problems and xslt
12:15 nengard no problem at all!!!
12:15 nengard we can't all know about all bugs ;) hehe
12:15 kf I think I dont want to know about all bugs :)
12:17 paul_p joined #koha
12:19 kf nengard: now you were faster than me :) Bugzilla: Mid-air collision detected!
12:19 braedon|home left #koha
12:19 nengard LOL :) sorry
12:20 kf no problem :)
12:49 kmkale left #koha
12:51 tomascohen joined #koha
12:55 Nate joined #koha
12:56 kf is there a bug for "swapped" sysprefs (where on is off and off is on)?
12:56 kf and is 3164 a blocker?
12:56 kf bug 3164
12:56 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3164 major, P5, ---,, NEW, OPAC-placed holds broken in SingleBranchMode
12:56 nyaeven joined #koha
12:57 jwagner kf, I seem to remember the swapped syspref problem was a translation issue and someone is working on it.  But I could be wrong....
12:57 kmkale joined #koha
12:58 kf jwagner: I think there was a problem, but its also wrong in English :)
12:58 nyaeven hello, i am new to koha i hope you can help me, when i try and do a z30.50 from the catalouging interface i am getting the following error: Can't call method "data" on an undefined value at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-b​in/cataloguing/ line 233. does anyone know why this might be happning?
12:58 kf nyaeven: which version of koha are u using?
12:59 nyaeven 3.05
12:59 nyaeven on debian, if that makes any difference
13:00 kf does this happen with every z39.50-server? what are you searching for?
13:00 kf im not aware of a bug, but we are using 3.01.61
13:04 nyaeven i am just doing a title search on 'computers'
13:09 kf nyaeven: Im sorry, I have no idea why it is not working. perhaps someone else can help
13:11 owen Line 233 says "$isbn = $marcrecord->field($bibliotag)->data;"
13:11 owen I wonder if it's a problem with the info coming from "my ($bibliotag,$bibliosubf)=GetMarcFro​mKohaField('biblioitems.isbn','');" above that
13:12 nyaeven nps kf :)
13:12 nengard off to teach a webinar - be back this afternoon
13:12 nengard left #koha
13:12 kmkale if I want to uograde a machine using to master is it a one shot upgrade or a rolling one?
13:13 nyaeven owen: how would i be able to tell if it's a problem that info?
13:14 owen I'm not sure nyaeven
13:14 nyaeven hmm my testing was not complete it seems, for a couple of the servers i'm getting Results Connection failed to  Nothing found. Try another search.
13:15 kf gmcharlt: can I close bug 4208? not sure what you meant with "the opensearch template is a special case"
13:15 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4208 blocker, P1, ---,, NEW, Many submit buttons are not translatable in 3.2
13:24 kf nengard: have you solved your problem with amazon content? I m testing it now and get no reviews (just as you wrote in your email)
13:24 kf ah, she is gone teaching her webinar
13:25 owen kf: Last I heard her problem wasn't resolved yet
13:27 kf is there a bug report? I also noticed the amazonlocale is not used everywhere, still investigating, but perhaps part of my problem (no reviews in English, but in German)
13:27 CGI286 joined #koha
13:30 gmcharlt kf: you can close 208
13:30 gmcharlt 4208, even
13:31 kf gmcharlt: done
13:31 CGI286 left #koha
13:33 owen What is it with holds in HEAD? There always seems to be something....
13:33 owen The OPAC says "none of these items can be placed on hold," but all are available
13:35 kf ah check your circulation rules
13:35 kf I had this problem and it was because maxreserves in smart rules defaults to 0
13:36 kf I considered writing a bug report for this... because its confusing. max checkouts defaults to 'no limit' when empty
13:41 owen You're right kf, I had my circ policy messed up from testing another bug
13:41 kf what do you think - is this a usability bugß
13:41 kf ?
13:42 gmcharlt depends on the type of library you run
13:42 gmcharlt if you allow holds, default unlimited is better
13:42 gmcharlt if you don't allow holds, default 0 is better
13:47 sekjal joined #koha
13:50 magnus left #koha
13:53 kmkale when I am printing fee receipts is there a easy way to change / remove the - sign that appears in front of the amount?
13:53 kmkale 'amount'            => sprintf("%.2f",$accts->[$i]{'amount'})
13:54 kf gmcharlt: ok :)
13:55 gmcharlt I think the deeper UI issue is that there's no easy way for library staff to readily determine exactly why an item is non-holdable without deep familiarity of Koha's hold policy configuration
13:56 nyaeven left #koha
13:59 owen I notice that when I was allowed zero holds the message said "none of these items can be placed on hold" but when I exceed my holds limit it explains that I've  exceeded that limit
14:00 owen I guess there needs to be a "you are not permitted to place holds" message for the OPAC and a condition set up to catch that situation
14:01 kf owen: have you checked with staff? I think there is a better error message
14:02 schuster joined #koha
14:02 jwagner is now known as jwagner_meeting
14:05 jcamins joined #koha
14:05 girlajo left #koha
14:05 moodaepo left #koha
14:11 moodaepo joined #koha
14:14 jcamins left #koha
14:15 CGI286 joined #koha
14:15 kf Im adding a bug for amazon reviews not working, I compared 3.1.61 and current head, got reviews in 3.1, no reviews for the same titles and same configuration in head
14:17 owen kf: Works for me :|
14:17 kf oooh
14:17 kf so what is nengard's and my problem?
14:17 kf have you activated all amazon content?
14:18 owen I have  OPACAmazonEnabled,  OPACAmazonCoverImages ,  OPACAmazonSimilarItems , and  OPACAmazonReviews all on and working
14:18 wizzyrea good morning.
14:18 owen Hi wizzyrea
14:18 gmcharlt nahuel: could you unstick my latest koha ML email?
14:19 kf have you set all three private, accesskey and  AmazonAssocTag?
14:19 CGI286 left #koha
14:20 slef did I send a koha list email from wrong domain? :-/
14:20 owen slef: Mailing list problems all around since Friday
14:21 gmcharlt nahuel: oops, disregard, wrong list
14:27 brendan left #koha
14:32 kf owen: not sure what to do about the reviews :( my installation is a fresh isntallation from head from about a week ago. I see no difference in the settings between my 3.0.61 and the 3.2. Only that no reviews show
14:33 owen No "similar items" either kf?
14:33 rhcl joined #koha
14:37 owen kf if you "select variable,value from systempreferences where variable like '%Amazon%'" do you see "OPACAmazonReviews      | 1"
14:38 owen ...and "OPACAmazonEnabled      | 1"
14:38 owen ?
14:38 kf owen: found none
14:39 kf testing your sql now
14:39 kf but I checked in the old syspref editor
14:39 kf and in the new
14:39 kf you showed me how to open the old syspref editor some time ago :)
14:39 kmkale_ joined #koha
14:40 kf Locale is DE, all other settings are 1, except AmazonAssocTag which is empty
14:44 brendan joined #koha
14:45 kmkale left #koha
14:46 kmkale_ left #koha
14:46 owen Sorry kf, I can't imagine what is different about my system that would make it work for me when yours and nengard's are not
14:47 owen However, I'm starting to look like I'm in the minority
14:47 kf netviewer training mom
14:48 kf be back in a few minutes
15:00 jwagner_meeting is now known as jwagner
15:01 wizzyrea is now known as wizzyrea_away
15:08 kf owen: I will reply to nicole's mail
15:09 kf owen: thx for your help and sorry, had to show one of our libraries how to catalog fast adds :)
15:13 alex_a left #koha
15:23 paul_p left #koha
15:26 hdl_laptop hi jwagner
15:28 jwagner Hi, hdl_laptop
15:32 nengard joined #koha
15:34 kf wb nengard
15:34 nengard thanks :()
15:34 nengard or :)
15:35 kf I answered your mail about amazon on the mailing list - no Amazon reviews
15:36 kf :( can someone test limit to currently available?
15:36 laurence left #koha
15:37 owen kf: By clicking "limit to currently available items" in the OPAC search results?
15:37 kf yes
15:38 kf I have 3 items, record A: available, checked out, record B: checked out
15:38 kf I think my result should be record A?
15:39 owen My test: Initial search: 249 results. Limited to available: zero results
15:39 sekjal what a coincidence, I was just reading the code surrounding "limit to available"
15:41 owen kf: Did you see that there is a discussion of this issue on the mailing list?
15:41 * owen didn't realize the problem was in HEAD
15:42 owen I tried chris's suggestion to run misc/migration/
15:42 kf owen: no, can you point me to it?
15:42 kf I added ths items
15:42 kf no migration
15:43 kf I imported records without items, so had to manually add them
15:43 owen[…]0-May/023776.html
15:43 nengard any word on the koha emails that aren't coming through?
15:43 wizzyrea_away i've gotten a slew today
15:43 owen I've gotten some, but not a slew
15:43 kf nengard: not on irc so far
15:44 * kf goes to look up slew
15:44 chris_n @dict slew
15:44 munin chris_n: wn, gcide, and moby-thes responded: wn: slew See {slay}; gcide: Slew \Slew\, imp. of {Slay}. [1913 Webster]; gcide: Slew \Slew\, v. t. See {Slue}. [1913 Webster]; wn: slay v : kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered" [syn: {murder}, {hit}, {dispatch}, {bump off}, {polish off}, {remove}] [also: {slew}, {slain}]; gcide: Slew \Slew\ (sl[=oo]), (7 more messages)
15:44 chris_n @more
15:44 munin chris_n: n. [See {Slough} a wet place.] A wet place; a river inlet. The praire round about is wet, at times almost marshy, especially at the borders of the great reedy slews. --T. Roosevelt. [Webster 1913 Suppl.]; moby-thes: 55 Moby Thesaurus words for "slew": batch, bunch, clump, cluster, considerable, copse, crop, deal, gobs, good deal, great deal, group, grouping, groupment, grove, hassock, heap, heaps, (6 more messages)
15:44 kf a lot?
15:45 chris_n kf: see the Moby Thasaurus words there
15:45 chris_n batch, bunch, etc
15:45 chris_n yes 'a lot'
15:45 kf always get to learn new words here :)
15:45 chris_n gobs... hehe
15:45 chris_n copse is a new one on me
15:47 owen the Wiktionary definition is much simpler: (US) A large number.
15:47 owen But I'm surprised by the "(US)". US-specific?
15:48 owen Anyway... sekjal: any luck understanding Koha's definition of 'available' ?
15:49 rhcl @dick copse
15:49 munin rhcl: Error: "dick" is not a valid command.
15:49 rhcl @dict copse
15:49 munin rhcl: wn, gcide, and moby-thes responded: wn: copse n : a dense growth of bushes [syn: {brush}, {brushwood}, {coppice}, {thicket}]; gcide: Copse \Copse\, v. t. 1. To trim or cut; -- said of small trees, brushwood, tufts of grass, etc. --Halliwell. [1913 Webster] 2. To plant and preserve, as a copse. --Swift. [1913 Webster]; gcide: Copse \Copse\, n. [Contr. from coppice.] A wood of small growth; a (2 more messages)
15:49 sekjal owen: until Nov 9, 2009, it was defined as items.onloan is NULL AND items.itemslost = 0
15:49 slef @dict scads
15:49 munin slef: wn, gcide, and moby-thes responded: gcide: carangid \carangid\ n. any fish of the family {Carangidae}, including the {cavallas}, {jacks}, {pompanos} and {scads}. [WordNet 1.5]; wn: scads n : a large number or amount; "made lots of new friends"; "she amassed a mountain of newspapers" [syn: {tons}, {dozens}, {heaps}, {lots}, {mountain}, {piles}, {scores}, {stacks}, {loads}, {rafts}, {slews}, {wads}, (3 more messages)
15:50 sekjal then that section of buildQuery() was commented out, and 'available' was dealt with less explicitly
15:52 sekjal looks like ' and available' is being tacked on to the end of the ccl query, and it's left to Zebra to know what that means
15:57 kstanton joined #koha
15:58 jcamins joined #koha
15:59 rhcl @dict staid
15:59 munin rhcl: wn, gcide, and moby-thes responded: gcide: Staid \Staid\ (st[=a]d), imp. & p. p. of {Stay}. [1913 Webster]; wn: staid adj : characterized by dignity and propriety [syn: {sedate}]; gcide: Staid \Staid\, a. [From {Stay} to stop.] Sober; grave; steady; sedate; composed; regular; not wild, volatile, flighty, or fanciful. "Sober and staid persons." --Addison. [1913 Webster] O'erlaid with black, staid (8 more messages)
16:00 owen hdl_laptop: Do you know anything about the mailing list problems?
16:18 owen kf: Regarding Bug 4475, I notice there doesn't seem to be a "" as there is a "" I'm not sure how that affects non-US users
16:18 munin Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=4475 normal, P5, ---,, NEW, AmazonLocale not used consistently
16:19 owen kf: Do you get good cover image results normally? I'm curious, because any results you get are from
16:19 kf sorry, meeting, will read back later
16:19 kf covers are perfect and link is to .de
16:19 * owen notices and seem to use "" as a source for their covers...
16:38 kf owen: dont know if I would see more covers with those services
16:38 kf owen: but we have covers for German titles in our catalog
16:38 owen I guess I would assume that we're using the right source if you're happy with the results.
16:38 kf even for school books
16:39 kf thx for fixing the link
16:39 kf :)
16:41 Nate left #koha
16:43 kf ok, time to leave for me - bye #koha!
16:43 kf left #koha
16:45 Nate joined #koha
17:06 slef bah, another "shut up and code" email about listings requiring solidarity and linkback
17:12 javier joined #koha
17:12 javier hello
17:12 javier is now known as JavierFM
17:14 JavierFM brendan nos conocemos??
17:15 francharb left #koha
17:17 JavierFM hello
17:17 JavierFM somebody want talk??
17:18 owen Do you have a question JavierFM ?
17:18 JavierFM no
17:18 JavierFM but I just want to talk!!!
17:19 owen This channel is not a social gathering, it is a place for discussing use and development of Koha
17:21 JavierFM owen, sorry my friend did you know where i can make friens
17:22 JavierFM owen???
17:23 Lee joined #koha
17:23 nengard wizzyrea did you say that the manual auto updates on sundays? my content from last week isn't showing on the web version of the manual today
17:23 nengard hi Lee
17:23 Lee hey Nicole and Liz
17:27 JavierFM left #koha
17:28 brendan hi Lee
17:29 wizzyrea_away hey lee
17:31 wizzyrea_away oh one sec, i think I'm pulling from the wrong repo
17:34 cait joined #koha
17:34 cait hi #koha
17:35 Lee hey Liz are you really dumping FB?
17:41 chris been there done that
17:41 owen it's getting pretty scary... I'm still on the fence about whether the social connections are worth it
17:43 Lee hmm
17:43 Lee my life is pretty boring- but I do hate the targeted marketing
17:44 Lee hey brendan!
17:45 Lee there is a volunteer irc meeting today ...right?
17:50 chris yes, in about 4 hours
17:52 * owen would really like to be receiving bug emails again
17:52 chris i have a bunch of mail for koha-devel too
17:55 nengard i get too much out of FB (like jobs) - but it is very scary and I think I'll be making some major profile edits
17:56 nengard chris - mail to send to devel? or mail that came through? I haven't gotten any yet today
17:56 kstanton_ joined #koha
17:56 owen "Can't locate MARC/Crosswalk/ in @INC" Anyone know if that is something I can apt-get?
17:57 rhcl2 joined #koha
17:57 gmcharlt owen: libmarc-crosswalk-dublincore-perl
17:57 owen Thanks gmcharlt, I don't think I would have guessed that off the top of my head ;)
17:57 gmcharlt owen: ah, but you can
17:58 gmcharlt perl module Foo::Bar will almost always be libfoo-bar-perl
17:58 gmcharlt if it's packaged for Debian
17:58 owen Oh, I didn't realize it was consistent
17:58 chris nengard: ive sent bunches, it hasn't come through
17:59 nengard okay - same here
17:59 nengard not that i sent anything - just that i'm not getting anything
17:59 Lee I am working on a grant to migrate xl tab delimited files into Marc XML or DC anyone out there interested?
18:00 chris Lee: robin at catalyst is working on one to do csv (extending to tab would be trivial)
18:00 chris its already mostly done
18:00 Lee great! its a paying gig
18:00 chris too late
18:01 Lee if i give the # of records think I could get an estimate?
18:02 gmcharlt # records + sample of what the source data looks like + idea of what the records will be used for after they're converted
18:02 kstanton left #koha
18:02 chris i meant robin is working on a script, so you can do it into MARCXML yourself :)
18:02 kstanton_ is now known as kstanton
18:02 Lee ;)
18:02 gmcharlt and MarcEdit can do CSV to MARC, I believe
18:02 Lee maybe...with a little assistance
18:02 rhcl left #koha
18:03 chris yep, this script will free software of course
18:03 Lee naturally
18:03 chris we are actually using it to convert a db, but its general enough that it should be useful for anyone thats the idea
18:04 Lee we are co-opting with a local museum to add them as a branch to our opac
18:04 Lee their records are unsearchable
18:04 Lee as is
18:04 Lee hence undiscoverable
18:05 Lee you get the idea
18:05 gmcharlt records for their books, or records for their "stuff"?
18:05 Lee its an IMLS grant
18:05 Lee mostly all images
18:05 Lee TIF anf jpeg
18:06 Lee although some day DC would be helpful for the 3d objects, eh?
18:06 gmcharlt are the images on display already?  if not sounds like it might be a job for kete as well
18:06 Lee yeah I was thinking about Kete
18:06 Lee we have a HUGE archive in town too
18:07 Lee
18:08 Lee
18:09 Lee I want to get all our records linked and searchable with Koha or possibly Kete
18:10 owen Okay, another one: Text/CSV/
18:11 owen apt-get doesn't find libtext-csv-encoded-perl
18:11 chris_n owen: try apt-cache search Text::CSV::Encoded
18:11 * chris_n seems to remember you have to cpan that one however
18:12 owen No output at all from the apt-cache command
18:12 chris will be soon
18:12 chris[…]
18:13 chris_n you'll have to get it from cpan for now owen
18:13 * owen is amused by the "excuses" column in that table
18:16 * owen would add all kinds of excuses to his unfixed bugs
18:18 chris_n hehe
18:22 jwagner The dog ate my patch?
18:23 chris owen: its in unstable, it *might* isntall if you grab the .deb and sudo dpkg -i it on
18:23 slef Someone mentioned to me as a forthcoming FB-alternative.
18:24 jdavidb_ joined #koha
18:24 owen Hi jdavidb
18:29 chris Lee: kete uses zebra too
18:29 chris so with pazpar2 and a bit of hackery, you can search koha and kete simultaneously and group the results
18:30 chris walter is planning to talk about koha + kete at kohacon
18:31 jdavidb left #koha
18:34 gmcharlt koha-patches also seems to be one of the victims of the mailing list outage
18:34 chris yeah, all @lists seems to be
18:34 chris mail is not bouncing
18:34 chris so its queued up somewhere, behind a cork
18:35 chris someone has jammed the tubes
18:36 slef anyone got a support number for biblibre?  nengard?
18:36 nengard nope
18:37 chris i think they are aware of it, i emailed and hdl said he saw my email
18:38 slef well, if anyone would like our sysadmins to help, let me know and I'll send ssh public keys
18:39 slef although we don't have much spare hosting capacity just now, I think we could add it to our monitoring setup if we had access
18:40 gmcharlt slef: what do you use for monitoring?
18:40 slef gmcharlt: the core is nagios3.
18:40 matts left #koha
18:41 slef but the main thing is we're sysadmins and we're in Europe where I think lists is, so we should notice and react fairly quick to alerts
18:42 gmcharlt sounds like a good idea - I hope biblibre picks up on it
18:42 slef I'll mention it next time we see them
18:43 slef for now, I'm hacking PHP :-(
18:43 gmcharlt my condolences
18:49 tomascohen left #koha
18:50 sekjal[1] joined #koha
18:50 sekjal[1] left #koha
18:51 rhcl2 is now known as rhcl
18:52 rafael joined #koha
18:54 mib_87xoqg joined #koha
18:57 mib_87xoqg left #koha
18:58 cait javaserver pages homework...
18:58 chris thats even worse
19:01 slef chris++
19:03 zico joined #koha
19:03 zico hi
19:03 zico i need your help very badly guys
19:03 owen Hm, so Perl > PHP > JSP ? I wonder how the rest of the hierarchy goes
19:04 zico my koha-3.0.5 cannot print unicode barcode label
19:04 zico i mean, i need to print barcode in Bangla ( Bangladesh ). but, this is not working
19:04 zico i have more than 10,000 books in Bangla
19:04 chris_n zico: did you check out kbarcode?
19:05 zico Now, some professors are really giving a bad look at me & my team
19:05 zico chris_n: kbarcode is based on KDE
19:05 zico but, our library officer is running windows
19:06 sekjal left #koha
19:07 chris does the barcode printer in master handle unicode? does anyone know?
19:08 chris its very unlikely that anyone can back port the barcode work to 3.0.5 (or would have time to)
19:08 chris firing up virtualbox with linux on it, and kbarcode would probably be the best bet
19:12 zico chris: virtualbox + kbarcode??? owaoo!!! it`s too high for that non-techy guy!!! :D
19:14 wizzyrea_away ok... the problem is that you need to print unicode barcodes on windows, ones that have or have not been generated by koha?
19:14 wizzyrea_away is now known as wizzyrea
19:17 zico wizzyrea: i need to print unicode barcode generated by koha
19:19 wizzyrea would something like this work?
19:19 wizzyrea
19:21 chris well its not the barcode itself, its the spine lable, ie the barcode doesnt is just some lines
19:21 chris wow, grammar fail
19:21 nengard big time! :)
19:21 chris what i meant is, it is the spine label that needs to be able to be generated in unicode
19:21 chris the barcode is just lines
19:22 jdavidb_ is now known as jdavidb
19:22 mib_98t2xr joined #koha
19:22 chris_n chris: its not strictly a koha-barcode utf8 issue; it is also a pdf standards issue
19:22 chris yep
19:23 chris_n I pointed someone the other day (maybe zico) to an list thread that sums it up
19:23 chris what i was trying to say, the chances of someone getting it to work for 3.0.5 are zero to none
19:23 chris_n yup
19:23 chris so exploring other options is the alternative
19:24 wizzyrea zico: could you export them to csv and then do some kind of merge with word to get your labels?
19:24 wizzyrea word/openoffice
19:25 zico wizzyrea: when i import it in csv, i got some "symbols" instead of Bangla language
19:33 slef owen: god writes in Lisp code.
19:34 chris prolog i thought
19:35 jdavidb Actually, perl:
19:35 slef No, I wasn't joking:[…]sp-eternal-flame/
19:35 slef well, maybe a little ;-)
19:45 owen All done, folks, see you later
19:45 owen left #koha
19:49 nengard left #koha
19:55 mib_98t2xr Hi folks
19:56 mib_98t2xr I just ran the "upgrade" from koha-3.02.00-alpha, { perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /usr/share/koha/misc/koha-install-log  make  make test  sudo make upgrade }  and now both the install log and the about koha page agree:  Not exactally the result I was hoping for.  Does anybody know  1) how could the two have gotten out of sync in the first pl
19:57 mib_98t2xr ce? 2) why don't they both say  Here's something. The koha/apache error log says:  [Mon May 10 15:12:42 2010] [error] [client] [Mon May 10 15:12:42 2010] Can't exec "httpd2": No such file or directory at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ line 49., referer:[…]/koha/  when
19:57 mib_98t2xr I click on "About Koha"
19:58 cait mib-98t2xr: there is no 3.02 yet, because its not released. 3.01 is correct
19:59 cait once 3.2 is released the number will be
19:59 mib_98t2xr So is suppose to list itself as 3.01?
20:00 cait yes, its 01 until release, .03 will be development for 3.4 and so on
20:01 rafael left #koha
20:01 mib_98t2xr O.K.  So how am I to distinguish the version I currently have from the version I had before the upgrade?
20:02 cait not sure what you ask
20:02 chris_n mib_98t2xr: what version did you have before the upgrade?
20:02 cait ah, thx chris_n :)
20:02 chris_n ahh... alpha
20:03 mib_98t2xr I'm asking about how I tell people what version I have.  Right now I know I've got the 3.02 alpha, but the in system documentatation (i.e. the about page) says something else
20:03 cait alpha2 ;)
20:04 wizzyrea ^^
20:04 chris_n mib_98t2xr: .111 is alpha
20:04 cait you can give the number
20:04 chris_n alpha2 is .133
20:04 mib_98t2xr O.K. any idea about the new error message I get in the logs when I click on the about page?
20:05 chris_n we don't know what the "new error message" is
20:05 mib_98t2xr "The koha/apache error log says:  [Mon May 10 15:12:42 2010] [error] [client] [Mon May 10 15:12:42 2010] Can't exec "httpd2": No such file or directory at /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/ line 49., referer:[…]/koha/"
20:05 cait ah, sorry
20:06 mib_98t2xr No need for apologies, you guys are helping me.  I'm grateful.
20:07 chris_n what platform are you running on?
20:07 mib_98t2xr Ubuntu
20:07 chris_n it appears that your apache is not returning a version number via 'httpd -v'
20:08 chris_n what version of ubuntu?
20:08 mib_98t2xr 8.04.2
20:09 brendan left #koha
20:10 mib_98t2xr I realize that's pretty far back.  Do you think an old platform might have practical implications?
20:10 mib_98t2xr i.e. real "stuff doesn't work" errors as opposed to errors showing up in logs.
20:10 chris_n nope, you can safely ignore that error
20:11 mib_98t2xr O.K. guys.  Thanks again.  You guys are the best!
20:11 chris_n np
20:16 cait chris_n++
20:18 collum left #koha
20:20 zico left #koha
20:22 paul_p joined #koha
20:25 chris_n wb paul_p
20:39 Johnindep joined #koha
20:46 richard joined #koha
20:47 jcamins left #koha
20:58 hdl_laptop chris slef gmcharlt sorry about the list shortage
20:58 hdl_laptop I asked nahuel to see that.
20:58 hdl_laptop But he was ill today
20:59 hdl_laptop hopefully all wil be ok tomorrow
20:59 chris thanks hdl_laptop
20:59 chris wow, my rss reader just went mental
21:00 chris ptfs have just pushed a whole pile of things to their public repo !!!
21:01 wizzyrea !!!
21:01 * jdavidb looks up from the bleeding stubs of his fingers, and nods.
21:01 chris w00t
21:01 chris jdavidb++
21:01 * chris updates his clones
21:01 wizzyrea we've been looking over the release notes, there's some good stuff in there
21:02 * wizzyrea wonders if she dares...
21:02 wizzyrea ptfs++
21:02 wizzyrea jdavidb++
21:02 jdavidb thanks, Chris, but it wasn't just me.    There should be some detail description stuff coming out in a PR shortly, but a lotta work went into what you're seein' there.
21:02 chris sweet
21:02 jdavidb jwagner++
21:02 wizzyrea jwagner++
21:03 cait jdavidb++ jwagner++ ptfs++ ;)
21:03 chris i guess rebasing onto master is the next step? Sing out if you want a hand with that, hdl have a bunch of practice cherry-picking
21:03 * cait wants to be as brave as liz ;)
21:03 wizzyrea hehe
21:03 jdavidb We'll see where the honchos wanna go from here;  Getting those branches up to master level shouldn't be overly hard; I've kept them all as tidy as I could.
21:04 jdavidb (In other words, if you see something you want to haul to master and get into 3.4--or even 3.2, gmcharlt--grab that ball and run with it.)
21:04 chris sweet
21:04 chris i might do some topic branches for 3.4
21:05 chris (for features)
21:05 chris and gmcharlt might want to grab some bug fixes :)
21:05 wizzyrea jdavidb, please tell your superiors thanks, it's really great to see your stuff
21:05 gmcharlt chris: jdavidb: yep, already on it
21:05 jdavidb There are quite a few nifty-nice-but-not-too-huge features--useful buttons and shortcuts--as well as some huge new features like item suppression in the OPAC and suspend-and-resume holds.
21:05 cait liz, where are these release notes? github confuses me
21:06 gmcharlt and yes
21:06 gmcharlt jdavidb++
21:06 gmcharlt jwagner++
21:06 chris cait:
21:06 wizzyrea[…]yReleaseNotes.pdf
21:06 gmcharlt ptfs++ # good start
21:06 chris last commit there
21:06 cait thx!
21:06 paul_p ptfs++
21:06 jwagner We'll soon have a more user-friendly link to the release notes up.
21:06 wizzyrea Ah! There she is!
21:06 cait hi jwagner
21:06 wizzyrea we roused her!
21:07 * wizzyrea highfives jwagner
21:07 wizzyrea that 2nd one goes straight to the PDF
21:07 * cait sends some more chocolate
21:07 paul_p jwagner+=
21:07 paul_p jwagner++
21:07 wizzyrea it's pretty friendly
21:07 paul_p jdavidb++
21:08 wizzyrea well, as friendly as github gets
21:08 schuster left #koha
21:09 jdavidb @karma jwagner
21:09 munin jdavidb: Karma for "jwagner" has been increased 32 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 32.
21:09 jdavidb @karma jdavidb
21:09 munin jdavidb: Karma for "jdavidb" has been increased 26 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 26.
21:09 jdavidb Thanks, everyone.
21:09 wizzyrea only 6 behind jdavidb ;)
21:09 cait I will not finish this jsp homework today, becaue need to read release notes...
21:10 jwagner wizzyrea, I could _use_ rousing.  And so could jdavidb.  A lot of overtime put into these features over the last year.
21:11 wizzyrea it's obvious :)
21:11 cait its awesome
21:11 cait worth all the chocolate ;)
21:11 jdavidb jwagner writes good release notes, doesn't she?  Those are (all but one little paragraph) off her bat, not mine.
21:14 wizzyrea ok, taking my girlie self to do girlie things. ttyl everyone
21:14 cait bye wizzyrea
21:14 jdavidb Links to a FAQ, a download tarball, the release notes, and a reminder link to github are now up at
21:15 jdavidb (looks like someone typoed the FAQ link; a comma snuck in.  I'll ping 'em, but make that a period, and it works.
21:17 chris cool
21:20 mason meh, rdl's box has hung...
21:20 joetho joined #koha
21:20 joetho @karma jdavidb
21:20 munin joetho: Karma for "jdavidb" has been increased 26 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 26.
21:20 joetho @karma wizzyrea
21:20 munin joetho: Karma for "wizzyrea" has been increased 91 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 91.
21:21 joetho I just hope jdavid doesn't get fired for doing that
21:22 paul_p joetho, doing what ? releasing their code? for sure, he's been asked by his bosses to do so !
21:22 cait why should he be fired? i think this is official
21:22 cait its already on too :)
21:22 jdavidb What, for tossing all those branches over the wall?    nope.  Someone at the hgher-up owes me happy hour.
21:22 jwagner This is definitely official.  We have committed all along to releasing these features.
21:22 jwagner It just took us a lot longer than we would have liked to get them all tidied up & ready to go.
21:23 * jwagner REALLY wishes we could have made the 3.2 code freeze....
21:23 cait me too
21:23 joetho this is marvelous
21:23 cait every time I hear about a new feature i want it immediately. now i have to wati for 50....
21:23 cait *sigh*
21:24 * jwagner sends cait a boatload of patience :-)
21:24 joetho maybe we could make an exception?
21:24 jwagner But you'll note that we did set this up as a full install version as well as the individual branches.
21:24 gmcharlt joetho: not if we want to see 3.2 come out this year
21:24 cait jwagner: really needed :)
21:24 jdavidb press release is up, at[…]mmediate-download
21:24 jwagner Just remember that the install version is based off the .061 code level so it won't have any of the 3.2 stuff.
21:24 chris_n wow! ptfs++
21:24 chris_n jwagner++
21:24 chris_n jdavidb++
21:25 cait perhaps we could try and hurry up a bit with 3.4? :)
21:25 jwagner We did cherry-pick a lot of bug fixes, most of which aren't mentioned in the release notes.  Things like chris_n's followup patches for the label creator, etc.
21:26 jwagner jdavidb knows better than I do about the bug fixes.
21:26 cait but when you run harley, you cant update to 3.2 easily I think or 3.4
21:26 jwagner That's where we need to work with Galen & Chris.
21:27 jdavidb Pretty much, if a bug was found by one of our customers, and a fix was in HEAD that wasn't in HEAD prior to Oct 12, I cherry-picked it.  if someone sent a patch to the list, that hadn't made head, I snagged it and git-am'd it.
21:27 chris yeah we are going to have to create an upgrade path
21:27 chris probably to 3.4
21:27 jdavidb Just given the data struct changes, 3.0.x -
21:27 chris its a bit late for 3.2
21:28 jdavidb to 3.4 will be easy.  3.2 should not be *too* hard.
21:28 chris which means some of the refactoring is gonna have to slide
21:28 chris but thats a good topic for the next irc meeting :)
21:29 jdavidb chris:  depends.  We didn't do much to C4::Search, for instance, which I know was one of your big rocks.  Might be able to get there without too much pain and suffering.
21:29 chris C4::Search, C4::Languages, and DBIx::Class
21:29 chris are the ones id die in a ditch on
21:29 chris the rest id love to have
21:30 jdavidb We didn't touch C4::Languages at all.  There are some areas of overlap--notices, C4::Letters, in particular, and granular permissions will need some reconciliation.
21:30 * gmcharlt concurs with chris, particularly regarding C4;:Search and C4::Languages
21:30 jwagner And there's one big new Perl dependency -- the Aspell library
21:31 jdavidb The "did you mean" feature is a little raw, but it functions; dbirmingham here is going to be adding a syspref so you select how many suggestions to get (or zero, to turn it off).
21:32 cait upgrade path from where to where?
21:32 cait sorry, should really sleep, but cant sleep now...
21:32 jdavidb 3.0.x - harley - 3.4 should be a snap, depending on chris's work..
21:33 cait but where does 3.2 fit in there?
21:33 jdavidb 3.0.x - harley - 3.2 will be tricky, but if you don't use some of the new geekery in harley that changes data structures, you should be okay.
21:33 chris cait: for most ppl they will got 3.0.x to 3.2.x to 3.4.x
21:33 jdavidb (since those features would disappear when you went to 3.2.)
21:33 chris but it is important we provide an upgrade path for ptfs customers also
21:34 * chris_n agrees
21:34 cait I think we are most people then, running 3.01.61 in production right now
21:34 chris yeah you are already 3.1.ish
21:34 genji joined #koha
21:34 chris so you will got to 3.2 when its released
21:34 cait cant wait :)
21:34 chris and on to 3.4 soon after
21:35 chris as soon as i can manage :)
21:35 mib_98t2xr left #koha
21:35 cait we will all try to help you :)
21:35 chris the best help now, is fixing 3.2 blockers
21:35 chris so we can get it released :)
21:35 * chris looks at everyone including himself
21:36 jdavidb I'm off to catch my bus.  Y'all have a good evening.
21:36 cait I wrote a lot of bug reports today... *ducks*
21:36 cait bye jdavidb
21:36 jdavidb left #koha
21:37 * jwagner is going to go home too, and go to bed early....
21:37 chris sleep well
21:37 cait sleep well
21:37 jwagner left #koha
21:38 cait I love to have my own koha at work now, makes my life much easier (testing patches and perhaps writing some more patches soon :) )
21:39 chris :)
21:42 genji how difficult is it to go from 3.0.5 to 3.2?
21:42 jo joined #koha
21:44 chris why do marketing ppl have to ruin it all
21:44 chris genji: it shouldnt be hard, if its a standard 3.0.5
21:45 cait chris: dont know...
21:45 larsw joined #koha
21:46 Lee left #koha
21:51 jo so with PTFS code now inthe wild isn't that fantastic news for Koha?
21:51 genji wow.. PTFS released code!
21:51 jo yep :)
21:51 genji this is LEK?
21:51 cait no
21:51 cait its not llek, but the features ptfs developed
21:51 jo imagine, not to far down the track, Koha code could once again incorporate all the development that other Koha libraries contracted through LL
21:52 jo that is a hige step for PTFS
21:52 jo huge even :)
21:52 jo and the best news for the Koha community
21:52 chilts that is great news!
21:52 genji its released under GPLv3?
21:53 chris gplv2 or later
21:53 jo its the path to wards getting the fork incorporated back into the trunk again.
21:53 chris just like the rest of koha is currently
21:53 jo I'm really impressed with PTFS for doing that :)
21:54 paul_p left #koha
21:56 larsw ptfs++ in that case
21:58 russ kohdcon volunteers meeting will start in 2 mins
21:58 genji gpl2.
21:58 chilts so it looks like they are aiming for inclusion in 3.4
21:58 genji does gpl2 allow us to bring the code back into head, and make it gpl3?
21:58 * mason waves
21:59 chris its gplv2 or later .. the same as everything else is genji
21:59 chris so yes
21:59 paul_p joined #koha
21:59 mason ive got to get a kapiti-train in 15 mins
21:59 irmalibraries joined #koha
21:59 russ just giving nicole a few more mins, then we will start
22:00 richard cool
22:00 irmalibraries Irma from CALYX - G'day all!
22:00 joetho I just got an email from PTFS, mentioning 3.2.
22:00 joetho Excellent news!
22:00 mason heya russ, long time - old buddy :)
22:01 russ hiya mason
22:01 joetho probably too late for 3.2, unless there are some very specific overlaps in development, which seems unlikely.
22:01 mason i thought i had missed this meeting, happy i didnt
22:01 chris joetho: bug fixes tho, its possible to pull them in
22:01 chris no new features tho
22:02 joetho But the best part is PTFS cooperating with the community.
22:02 irmalibraries What is the "Excellent news"? pls
22:02 jo hi guys.
22:02 joetho I will quote a few key lines from the listserv email
22:02 irmalibraries ho Jo
22:03 jo I need to offer apologies for leaving early - 10.30
22:03 jo training for 3.2 go live on 27 may
22:03 chris[…]de-hits-the-wild/
22:03 russ all good we will get started then
22:03 chris (for irmalibraries
22:03 chris )
22:03 joetho "LibLime has made available a tested, stable release of Koha for immediate download at "
22:03 russ KohaCon10 Volunteers meeting starting - sorry folks can we take over the channel for 30 mins or so
22:04 russ Who is here for the meeting?
22:04 joetho ...see main koha listserv for more
22:04 joetho which I was going.
22:04 * russ - Russel Garlick, Catalyst
22:04 joetho *wish
22:04 jo or t ake kohacon to another channel?
22:04 russ no main channel
22:04 russ it is logged
22:04 * chilts Andrew Chilton, Catalyst IT
22:04 joetho left #koha
22:04 jo Joann Ransom - HLT
22:04 chris Chris Cormack, Catalyst IT
22:05 * larsw Lars Wirzenius, Catalyst IT
22:05 russ heh we could almost have this meeting at the water cooler then ;-)
22:06 irmalibraries BobB has a tech issue but is sitting in with irmalibraries
22:06 russ thanks all for turning up moving on
22:06 russ first up - apologies, i didnt get round to the minutes of the last meeting or doing much of late
22:07 russ been flat out here and moving house etc etc
22:07 jo apology accepted :)
22:07 * mason -> KohaAloha, NZ
22:07 mason hi all
22:07 russ but our 2 topics today are sponsorship and programme updates
22:07 russ so Sponsorship
22:08 russ Catalyst have confirmed that they will sponsor the conference, and with that amount we have all the funds for the venuw
22:08 russ s/venuw/venue
22:08 jo thank you for getting that commitment Russ. Trustees grateful :)
22:09 russ so chris and i won't have to dip into our piggy banks :-)
22:09 irmalibraries +1 catalyst!
22:09 jo I do believe Calyx also contrubuted :)
22:09 russ i am still waiting to hear back from a couple of other places, but all good there
22:09 mason yay catalyst
22:09 chilts catalyst ... and others :)
22:10 russ yep thanks to Calyz and Xercode as well for coming on board since our last meeting
22:10 paul_p left #koha
22:10 russ fingers need more coffee
22:10 chris we mustnt forget libriotech also
22:11 russ i am not sure if there is much more to add on that topic
22:11 chris who don't have a logo, but contributed all the way from norway even though they can't make it
22:11 chris (+bywater and biblibre)
22:11 * chris notes for the log
22:11 russ :-)
22:11 jo wow - can't we put their name up or something?
22:12 russ i'll do a sponsors page sometime soon listing everyone
22:12 chris they are up
22:12 jo cool :)
22:12 chris libriotech are on the frontpage
22:12 russ their names are on the site
22:12 mason sorry folks , im running very late for a train to kapiti
22:12 jo cya Mason
22:13 russ cya mason
22:13 mason ill catch up with russ later, bye all
22:13 jo I've got 15 mins left
22:13 irmalibraries cheers Mason
22:13 richard sorry had a phone call - Richard Anderson - Katipo
22:13 jo (for the agenda: i have info about trip up to leving for mayoral reception / marae visit)
22:13 russ ok so action point is to tidy up the sponsors logos and make a page
22:13 russ ok jo, nicole hasnt shown yet so lets jump to that
22:14 jo sorry forbeing pushy
22:14 russ all good
22:14 chilts russ: I've been helping Chris get the sponsorts logos up, so anymore to be added, send the logos my way :)
22:14 chilts sponsors even
22:14 jo the bus cost for return transport wellington - levin is about $22 - $25 a head (based on 100 people)
22:14 chilts though chris has been keeping on top of it I think
22:14 chris re the programme i have been plugging stuff into the spreadsheet
22:14 jo $720 a bus for 49 people ish
22:15 jo local Iwi have agreed to host us out at the marae for an evening meal, preceded by a formal welcome / powhiri
22:15 russ ok cool - so we should put some information up about that then
22:15 jo this will be around $35 per head
22:15 jo the mayoral recption at council is all good - had a letter from the mayor
22:16 russ so $25 for bus + $35 for dinner = $65 all up for the trip?
22:16 jo I think so, trying to get confoirmation that the recepotion will be free
22:16 irmalibraries Discount for Au and US dollars, of course
22:17 jo It will be cool - driving up the coast at say 4pm, nice scenery, see levin, marae visit
22:17 russ jo - can you send me all the details via email please
22:17 russ and i will make a page on the site
22:17 chris up the coast at 4pm ... eek :)
22:17 jo good opportunity for conference attendees
22:17 irmalibraries Good value imho
22:17 jo 3pm then :)
22:17 russ jo - we will have to leave earlier than 4
22:17 chris yeah
22:17 russ otherwise we wont get there until very late
22:17 chris im looking at thursday for that
22:17 jo Thursday is fine.
22:17 jo 3pm is fine
22:17 chris we can always stop at lindale for icecream
22:17 russ chris: so after the conference itself?
22:18 chris yeah
22:18 russ cool
22:18 chris monday, tues weds conference
22:18 jo George is trying to find a sponsor for this so we can do it for free but is a bit stuck
22:18 chris thurs day morning do your own thing, afternoon bus trip
22:18 russ ok if that is the case, may be we will try and leave a little earlier than 3 even
22:18 chris friday dev conference starts
22:18 chris i was think yeah 1 or 2
22:19 russ good plan
22:19 jo well we could change this around a bit then .... make a day of it
22:19 russ it will take a while to get people sorted, and best to miss the traffic
22:19 chris i was thinking an afternoon
22:19 jo the bus costs will be dearer then
22:19 russ right
22:19 chris not the full day
22:19 chris leave the morning for shopping etc
22:19 russ meet MFC Carpark say 1:30
22:19 russ and then go from there
22:19 chris that'd work
22:20 jo lets advertsise at approx $70 per head TBC
22:20 russ by the time everyone gets on board etc
22:20 russ jo: we need to have a confirmed price
22:20 jo on phone now
22:20 jo getting an updated price
22:20 russ and we may only get 1 bus
22:20 jo ok
22:20 russ some people may leave straight after the conference etc
22:21 jo yep
22:21 chris re the programme
22:21 russ jo i know you have to leave soon
22:21 russ can you send me all the details of the trip and your proposed plan
22:21 jo yep
22:21 russ and i'll make a page
22:22 russ over to chris for programme
22:22 chris we are doing pretty well
22:22 irmalibraries Russ, BobB asks: how many people are registered for the conference now?
22:22 chris we have monday and tuesday sorted
22:22 chris (if ppl who said they can speak ... really can)
22:22 chris with about 4 more talks in the wings for wednesday, so we are lookgin good
22:23 russ irmalibraries: i havent checked recently - chris or chilts might know
22:23 chris not a huge amount Bobb
22:23 chilts that reminds me, I should go and register :)
22:23 chilts heh
22:23 russ i think it is still early days in that regard
22:23 chris yeah most nzers havent bothered
22:23 chris well its getting less early
22:23 russ chris that is great news about the programme
22:23 chris only 5 months away
22:24 irmalibraries Chris: +1
22:24 russ so nicole wont have to present 6 times :-)
22:24 chris but nicole is sending out a reminder in the next newsletter
22:24 chris shes not even up once yet, neither am I :)
22:24 russ ok that has to change :-)
22:24 chris i havent slotted in paul yet either
22:25 russ right - well that is sounding really good
22:25 chris if ppl email an address they use with google docs
22:25 chris ill give access to the program
22:25 chris and list of potential papers
22:25 russ so should we call for a closing date now?
22:25 jo ($65 pp including transport and marae visit 1.30 - 10pm confirmed )
22:25 chris and others can help :)
22:25 russ i was thinking 1 june
22:25 jo (and Mayoral reception)
22:25 chris i think yeah, end of june for papers?
22:26 chris actually yeah mid june
22:26 russ or end june
22:26 chris lets split the diff
22:26 russ lol
22:26 jo gotta go - cya
22:26 russ thanks jo
22:26 irmalibraries Bye Jo
22:26 chris cos we need time to contact ppl and say, right you are up
22:26 chris etc
22:26 russ ok
22:26 chris and then rearrange the programme
22:26 russ so how about 15 June
22:27 chris works for me
22:27 russ and we can have our next meeting the day after
22:27 irmalibraries 15 June +1
22:27 russ then we know what kind of posistion we are in - if we have enough speakers or not
22:28 rhcl is now known as rhcl_away
22:28 chris yep
22:28 russ cool
22:29 * russ makes a todo item to send out minutes today
22:29 russ chris do you have anything else?
22:29 chris nope
22:29 chris just htat ppl should start working their networks
22:29 irmalibraries What should we do to promote KohaCon and get ppl to register?
22:29 chris id hate for a conference in nz to not have a decent presence of nzers and aussies
22:30 russ irmalibraries: i think we get into high gear on that once we have a programme
22:30 chris we are doing pretty good on the further afield people
22:30 russ i know many people don't register until they can see what is on offer
22:30 russ so if get the programme sorted by end of June, and confirmed for beginning of July
22:30 russ then we can start promoting who is talking etc
22:31 chris yep
22:31 nengard joined #koha
22:31 russ hi nicole :-)
22:31 nengard did i miss the meeting??
22:31 russ almost :-)
22:31 nengard dinner was longer than usual
22:31 nengard sorry
22:31 cait left #koha
22:31 nengard what do you all need me to do
22:32 russ so to recap deadline for papers is 15 June (NZ time)
22:32 chris yep
22:32 russ next meeting is 16 June (NZ time)
22:32 russ aim to get the programme finalised by 1 July
22:32 russ so we can publish it and start promoting who is speaking
22:32 russ and start driving registrations
22:32 nengard I will be on the road on the 16th of June, but will get an update to you all before the meeting
22:32 chris i have you penciled in at 4pm tuesday nicole, so start thinking on what you want to talk about
22:33 jo back until 11
22:33 nengard I need to review the topics that have been chosen already and I'll fill in a gap
22:34 genji left #koha
22:34 jo can someone point me towards the programme so far please
22:34 nengard it's a google doc that i'll share with you
22:34 jo
22:35 irmalibraries Chris Has Sue Lavery registered for a talk?
22:35 chris not that ive seen
22:35 jo I'd quite like PTFS to come down and present
22:35 irmalibraries She is a librarian in Canberra and wishes to share her experience of Koha in a prison
22:35 jo would be good for the cpommunity
22:35 russ jo - i am about to send them an email re sponsorship
22:35 jo cool.
22:36 irmalibraries Please keep a spot - We will co-present
22:36 irmalibraries and register asap
22:36 russ irmalibraries:[…]m5ENXlaSnJnTFE6MA ;-)
22:36 chris yep there is room
22:37 nengard i'll put out a final call in the newsletter
22:37 nengard i'll include the deadline
22:37 irmalibraries thanks
22:37 russ nengard: thank you
22:37 chris 2pm tuesday ive pencilled in
22:37 russ nengard: what is your availbility like at the end of june?
22:37 nengard that's ALA
22:37 russ ah
22:38 russ so not good then
22:38 nengard 24th-30th
22:38 nengard so i'll be available at nights EST
22:38 nengard if I'm not totally exhausted :)
22:38 nengard why?
22:38 russ chris seems to be doing a pretty good job with the programme
22:38 nengard I know - thanks Chris!!
22:38 russ just if we need to throw some ideas around etc
22:38 russ we'd like to get i published at the beginning of july
22:38 nengard chris usually finds me whenever i'm online :)
22:39 slef dang, missed the meeting again :-/
22:39 russ yeah he is good like that
22:39 nengard I'll be home on the 21st-23rd of June
22:39 russ ok
22:39 * russ makes a note of that
22:39 nengard that's the time in between SLA & ALA
22:39 nengard June is crazy
22:39 irmalibraries Good morning Slef
22:39 slef evening irmalibraries!
22:40 chris 9am on the 26th slef :)
22:40 slef 9am for who and 26th of what? :)
22:40 * slef scrollbacks
22:40 russ i think he is talking about when you are presenting
22:40 russ :-)
22:40 chris :)
22:40 chris pencilled in anyway
22:40 slef cool... did I send in any title yet?
22:41 chris yep
22:41 chris you are talking about cooperatives :)
22:41 slef great... I must fix my memory :)
22:41 chris Koha: A cooperative view
22:41 nengard hehe
22:41 slef oh yeah, NZCA were meant to be getting back to me
22:41 nengard slef no worries- i never remember what i'm talking about until the day before i have to talk
22:42 nengard usually it's fine - unless it's a totally new topic - then i have to scramble to prepare
22:42 slef Ironically, I'm back at my PC working for now, so Koha stuff was out of my mind :)
22:42 russ sorry team i have to run
22:42 russ i think we are sorted now
22:43 irmalibraries Thanks Russ, good meeting today.
22:43 jo Thanks Russ
22:43 jo thanks all
22:43 russ minutes will be out in a few hours or so
22:44 nengard thanks!
22:50 nengard chris bob wants to be penciled in too
22:50 chris which bob?
22:51 chris Bob Birchall?
22:51 jo
22:51 jo we would have tons of time heading  north to levin if we left at 1.30
22:51 jo c ould go nga manu
22:51 chris maybe :)
22:52 jo chris: you'll bring Laurel and the bambini with you yes?
22:52 jo to levin i mean
22:52 jo on bus trip
22:52 chris highly likely yes
22:52 chris someones gotta sing my waiata
22:52 jo well i think we should build in a wee detour to Nga manu then :)
22:53 jo oh yes - you will be our alpha male in the powhiri
22:53 jo when we are welcomed on to the marae
22:53 jo better brush up your te reo my friend :)
22:53 chris heh
22:53 jo and we'll have to learn a waiata in the bus on the way
22:54 jo Te Hiira said he would help us with the powhiri - make sure we are left floundering :)
22:54 kstanton left #koha
22:59 jo $10 discounted rate for freedom walk at nga manu or $15 for Tui package: Visitors are welcomed and given a talk by a staff member. The talk covers aspects of Tuatara and Kiwi life cycles and unique features. This is followed by a walk to the eel feeding area and a presentation and feeding by your guide.
22:59 chris id say lets leave that
22:59 jo yep
22:59 chris and run it by people at the conference
22:59 jo its getting quite pricey aye
22:59 chris i think taking it leisurely
22:59 chris with a stop for ice cream at lindale
22:59 jo ice cream at lindale
22:59 chris is the low stress option
23:00 chris theres a lot of walking at nga manu
23:00 jo could also stop at otaki outlet stores on main drag
23:00 chris we dont want to have ppl having to power walk
23:00 jo no indeed
23:00 chris if we get to levin to early
23:00 jo that whats i'm thinking
23:00 chris we can just go out to the beach for a look
23:00 jo leaving wgtn at 1.30 - its 1,5 hrs to levin driving
23:00 jo of course we could :)
23:00 chris so 2 in a bus
23:01 chris with no accidents
23:01 chris on that stupid piece of road
23:01 jo oh -and the road woprks.
23:01 chris between pukerua and paekakariki
23:01 jo right - thats settled :)
23:05 chris ok enough playing with the programme, someone elses turn, back to bugfixing i go
23:06 jwagner joined #koha
23:08 nengard left #koha
23:09 chris jwagner:[…]de-hits-the-wild/
23:10 jwagner Just saw the link, haven't read it yet :-)
23:10 chris :)
23:11 jwagner Thought I'd poke my head back in, in case anyone had any more questions tonight.
23:11 chris we were all busy with a kohacon planning meeting, but im sure some will come :)
23:20 chris ok time to make a coffee before meetings
23:20 chris bbiab
23:20 gmcharlt chris: possible way to keep track of integration:[…]HarleyIntegration
23:22 jwagner gmcharlt, nice
23:22 jwagner I was telling chris earlier, this includes the 4-5 features that are parallel development.  Some of them I think can integrate, but at least one is going to be a real bear.
23:24 gmcharlt ep
23:24 gmcharlt yep
23:24 gmcharlt that's what the 'conflict' column is for
23:24 gmcharlt like what I did with Bug4257
23:24 gmcharlt 4247, rather
23:25 bgkriegel joined #koha
23:25 gmcharlt jwagner: if you wouldn't mind filling in descriptions on that wiki page as well as noting when things are already present in 3.2, that would save chris and I a lot of time
23:25 jwagner The overall install package also includes some things that are already in head or sent.  I'll have to check w/jdavidb in the morning; I _think_ the individual branches are only for the new stuff.
23:25 gmcharlt since I think you'll be going through all of those bugs anyway
23:25 jwagner Will do -- I have an internal list that's updated, and I would be referring to that when I update the bugzilla entries.
23:26 gmcharlt there are at least 7 or 8 branches that include stuff already in head when I spotchecked
23:26 jwagner He might have pushed everything, then.
23:26 gmcharlt that's fine - those will be the easiest to straighten out
23:28 chris_n is it me or is timeing out in the states?
23:28 Nate gnight all
23:28 Nate left #koha
23:28 chris_n three different clients time out for me when attempting to connect
23:29 jwagner chris_n, I haven't had any trouble.
23:29 chris_n rtt's are nearly 400ms
23:30 chris_n jwagner: how about trying this:[…]z&channel=%23koha
23:31 mib_2kq0s1 joined #koha
23:31 mib_2kq0s1 This is jwagner -- seems to be fine, chris_n.  Must be you :-(
23:31 mib_2kq0s1 left #koha
23:31 * chris_n wonders what he's done to offend the irc server :'(
23:34 Johnindep left #koha
23:36 cn_perl_bot joined #koha
23:36 chris_n success
23:37 chris_n heya cn_perl_bot
23:37 cn_perl_bot left #koha
23:38 chris :)
23:39 wajasu joined #koha
23:45 jransom joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary