IRC log for #koha, 2015-09-09

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 Francesca joined #koha
00:26 irma martian can you check to see if the sys preference "intranetreadinghistory" is set to "Allow"?
00:54 Francesca joined #koha
01:42 TGoat left #koha
01:58 jcamins @later tell oleonard A counterpoint on the custom Bootstrap idea: if libraries are customizing their OPAC, and told "the Koha theme is based on Bootstrap 2.x," they might reasonably expect to be able to use all of Bootstrap. That said, I have no pony in this race.
01:58 huginn jcamins: The operation succeeded.
02:02 Francesca joined #koha
02:07 Francesca joined #koha
02:10 BobB joined #koha
02:20 burdsjm joined #koha
02:22 burdsjm_ joined #koha
02:24 burdsjm__ joined #koha
02:26 burdsj___ joined #koha
02:28 burdsjm joined #koha
02:30 burdsjm_ joined #koha
02:45 kathryn joined #koha
02:59 burdsjm joined #koha
03:31 rocio_afk left #koha
04:18 JoshB joined #koha
04:24 dcook Laaaaag :(
04:31 kathryn joined #koha
04:59 schnydszch joined #koha
05:01 schnydszch Hi! Regarding koha 2015 bid yes the location for the Philippine bid will still be at the National Librarybof the Philippines. I think the meeting is five hours away, am I right?
05:20 z0k_ joined #koha
05:48 p_vdk joined #koha
05:49 p_vdk left #koha
06:08 * magnuse waves
06:22 magnuse meeting in 3 hours ~40 minutes?
06:34 reiveune joined #koha
06:34 reiveune hello
06:38 viktorsarge_ joined #koha
06:40 magnuse bonjour reiveune viktorsarge_
06:40 reiveune salut magnuse
06:40 sophie_m joined #koha
06:41 sophie_m hello #koha
06:42 viktorsarge_ salut magnuse
06:43 schnydszch joined #koha
06:43 Viktor And good morgning (or evening) all of #koha
06:44 schnydszch Hi! ICYMI: The 2016 koha con proposal by the Philippines has still the support of the National Library of the Philippines, hence, the proposal's location venue is still the National Library. Good day (or good evening or good afternoon) to all!
06:46 schnydszch and yeah to answer drojf query and to answer questions of everybody, yes, we have the full support of the National Library of the Philippines in hosting 2016 kohacon
06:51 alex_a joined #koha
06:52 alex_a bonjour
06:52 wahanui bonjour, alex_a
06:57 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:00 laurence joined #koha
07:07 kivilahtio joined #koha
07:10 drojf joined #koha
07:10 drojf morning #koha
07:11 drojf dcook++
07:25 gaetan_B joined #koha
07:25 gaetan_B hello
07:25 wahanui niihau, gaetan_B
07:26 drojf lol mtompsett
07:32 magnuse meeting in 2.5 hours!
07:33 drojf hei magnuse
07:40 magnuse moin drojf
07:50 * magnuse sets off to drive the final stake through the heart of ncip
07:51 drojf can't you kill marc first? :P
07:53 magnuse MARC is a zombie...
07:53 drojf the walking MARC
07:54 magnuse :-O
07:55 magnuse night of the living MARC
07:55 drojf waaaah
08:11 burdsjm joined #koha
08:34 Francesca joined #koha
08:40 cdickinson joined #koha
08:45 paul_p joined #koha
08:50 nlegrand Hey #koha o/
08:52 cait joined #koha
08:54 magnuse \o/
09:03 alex_a joined #koha
09:07 schnydszch2 joined #koha
09:17 * magnuse will be back for the meeting
09:25 laurence joined #koha
09:26 Francesca joined #koha
09:37 Francesca joined #koha
09:39 Francesca joined #koha
10:03 BobB meeting time?
10:03 wahanui well, meeting time is always going to favour one section of the globe
10:03 magnuse yeah, think so
10:03 cait yes i think so
10:03 cait one sec
10:03 magnuse[…]_9_September_2015
10:03 BobB np
10:04 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 9 September 2015
10:04 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep  9 10:04:46 2015 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
10:04 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
10:04 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:04 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_9_september_2015'
10:04 cait #topic introductions
10:04 wahanui #info wahanui, a bot that has become sentient
10:04 Topic for #koha is now introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:05 cait please introduce yourself with #info, the agenda of today's meeting can be found under
10:05 cait #link[…]_9_September_2015
10:05 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
10:05 drojf #info Mirko Tietgen, Berlin, Germany
10:05 BobB #info Bob Birchall, Calyx, Australia
10:05 thd Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
10:05 ikourmou joined #koha
10:05 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
10:06 cait a lot of people are on vacation this week
10:06 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
10:06 drojf way less than last week, as was shown by anecdotal evidence at the last meeting
10:07 ikourmou #info Giannis Kourmoulis, Aristotle Univesity of Thessaloniki, Greece
10:07 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
10:07 cait small = quick? one can hope :)
10:07 magnuse :-)
10:07 cait ok, moving on
10:07 BobB seldom turns out that way :)
10:07 cait #topic Announcements
10:07 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:08 cait noone?
10:08 wahanui noone is here!
10:08 cait we had a gbsd that i think was pretty successful
10:08 cait #info GBSD on  3 September was successful
10:08 drojf do you have the stats link?
10:09 ashimema I'm aware of the PTFS sandboxes being a bit fragile at the moment.. it's on my list at some piont to investigate.
10:09 cait can you find it?
10:09 cait do youwant me to info?
10:09 schnydszch_ joined #koha
10:09 ashimema that was sorta related to gbsd
10:09 cait ok :)
10:09 schnydszch2 joined #koha
10:09 cait khall did a screenshare session and i know at least 2 new sign-offers came out of it
10:09 drojf no did not bookmark it apparently
10:09 cait so i am pretty happy overall
10:10 magnuse yup, good gbsd!
10:10 cait #link[…]bug_squashing_day
10:10 BobB we didn't achieve a sign-off but a couple of things got moved along
10:10 cait i think it woudl be good if we offered something similar next time as well
10:10 * cait nods
10:10 schnydszch2 #info Eugene Espinoza
10:10 cait also some bugzilla clean-up was done
10:10 drojf[…]i-bin/
10:11 drojf definitely made an impact
10:11 drojf made, had, too early for english
10:11 cait ok, moving on :)
10:11 cait #topic Update on Releases
10:11 Topic for #koha is now Update on Releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:12 cait any RM* here?
10:12 BobB mtj?
10:12 wahanui i think mtj is DeM KraZy NutZ!!
10:12 cait ok, i'd say things aremoving along nicely
10:13 cait #info Fridolin announced EOL for 3.14 on the mailing list
10:13 cait anything else?
10:13 wahanui anything else is just being crap
10:13 cait ah
10:14 cait #info Plack packages need testing
10:14 BobB wahanui be polite
10:14 wahanui BobB: huh?
10:14 cait probably not a good description - but tomas pushed plack scripts for packages to master and they need more testing :)
10:14 cait ok, moving on
10:15 cait #info KohaCon15
10:15 magnuse there should be a branch in kohadevbox with that stuff soon, to help with the testing
10:15 cait um
10:15 cait #info magnuse and tcohen are working on a branch for kohadevbox to help with the testing
10:15 cait thx magnuse
10:15 cait moving on
10:15 cait #topic KohaCon15
10:15 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon15 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:15 cait is one of the organizers present?
10:16 cait or someone attending / with information?
10:16 ashimema We have a couple of customers running Plack and CGI in parallel for live systems now.
10:16 drojf when is it? octoberß
10:16 cait I thin in week 43
10:16 cait ashimema: runnign opac and staff?
10:16 drojf i don't live by weeks ;)
10:17 ashimema staff is what we're trailing I think
10:17 drojf but that would be in a month if my calendar is right
10:17 cait #link
10:17 ashimema to improve performance for them.. very big customers..
10:17 cait #link
10:18 schnydszch2 Philippine representative here
10:18 cait anything more plack or kohacon15?
10:18 drojf brb
10:18 schnydszch2 Workung meeting luch for me
10:18 ashimema not form me
10:18 cait ok
10:18 cait #topic KohaCon16
10:18 Topic for #koha is now KohaCon16 (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:18 cait who wants to go first? :)
10:19 cait #link[…]haCon16_Proposals
10:19 drojf back
10:19 cait we got 2 proposals this year
10:19 drojf well, we have… yes, that :)
10:19 ikourmou Thessaloniki rep here
10:19 * drojf flips a coin
10:19 cait One from Thessaloniki, Greece and another from the Philippines
10:20 cait drojf: what's the result?
10:20 wahanui i guess the result is the same but legally, i don't think we can have discount on taxes...
10:20 drojf any news from greece about kohacon 2016, ikourmou?
10:20 ikourmou We are on track for the migration, we go live next week
10:21 drojf oh, good luck
10:21 ikourmou I would like to know the voting page URL, so that i inform my colleagues
10:21 drojf the proposal was clear, no questions from me. anything else you would like to add?
10:21 ashimema do we have one yet ;)
10:22 drojf no we don't, we will have at the end of the meeting :)
10:22 cait fingers crossed!
10:22 ashimema :)
10:22 cait oh
10:22 drojf hm timing is everything
10:22 wahanui i already had it that way, drojf.
10:22 ikourmou ok, if you need anything to clarify regarding our proposal...
10:22 cait ah we still got a schnydszch
10:22 ikourmou i'm willing to do so
10:22 schnydszch2 joined #koha
10:22 drojf ikourmou: i think it is all there :)
10:23 drojf any news about kohacon 2016 from the philippines, schnydszch2?
10:23 thd schnydszch2: Do you have an update on the venue in consequence of the national library not being available?
10:23 schnydszch2 We have the full support of the national library of the philippines on this
10:23 schnydszch2 So the location will still be the national library of the philippines
10:24 drojf great
10:24 schnydszch2 It will be available durong that tike according to estimate
10:24 thd schnydszch2: Great :)
10:24 drojf so should i add manila then to the voting site? so far i have "thessaloniki, greece" and "philippines" which is a little odd :)
10:25 schnydszch2 Manila, philippones
10:25 cait #info Location for the Philippines is Manila, National library
10:25 schnydszch2 Manila, Philippines*
10:25 drojf ok i will change that before it goes live
10:25 drojf schnydszch2 anything else you would like to add?
10:25 schnydszch2 National Library of the Philippines, Manila, Philippines
10:27 schnydszch2 Nothing. Everything else is in the wiki proposal
10:27 drojf we will start voting now. there are only two candidates, so that won't be too complicated. basically, i have two options
10:27 drojf "now", after the meeting really
10:27 cait how long is it going to run?
10:28 thd What had we determined about polling period last month.
10:28 thd ?
10:28 drojf we could do a simple radio button vote where you choose on option, or a ranking. the ranking would have also the option of either one or two votes, like "i prefer a, but would go to b" or "i would only go to a"
10:29 drojf in the latter case we would have to decide how to count that. given it is only two options, it will probably not make a difference in the end
10:29 drojf the voting period is one week
10:29 cait #info Voting for the bids is going to start today, the voting period is a week.
10:30 drojf to show you what i mean…
10:30 thd drojf: If using a radio button, it should be blank by default.
10:30 magnuse i'd say keep it simple: a or b, no second alternative
10:30 drojf option 1[…]hp/614551?lang=en
10:30 drojf option 2[…]hp/177931?lang=en
10:31 drojf thd: it's blank and the order is randomized
10:31 cait thd: it is
10:31 ashimema the second page is an error for me./
10:32 drojf oh? what kind of error?
10:32 cait permission setting i think
10:32 schnydszch2 For me as well
10:32 drojf oh sorry. wait :)
10:32 ashimema yup.. permission error
10:32 cait We are sorry but you don't have permissions to do this.
10:32 schnydszch2 Could be because i tested it?
10:33 magnuse 1st one works for me, not second. first time visitor.
10:34 drojf does that work[…]/index.php/393475
10:34 BobB schnydszch2 and magnuse believe in the maxim 'Vote early and vote often!' :)
10:34 drojf it lacks the "not the real deal" warning now
10:34 schnydszch2 Second one works
10:34 drojf but it is not, don'tpass it around ;)
10:35 ashimema yup..
10:35 drojf like magnuse, i would say for the two options the simple one is enough
10:35 drojf but i am open for opinions
10:36 ashimema I tihnk we'd need to clearly state how the votes count if we wen't for the latter.
10:36 ashimema before putting it up
10:36 drojf ashimema: yes, we would have to decide that now
10:36 cait rangi told me he preferred the ranking method
10:36 ashimema so yeah.. I agree.. go for the former ;)
10:36 drojf and put it in
10:36 thd #me hates drag and drop metaphor but likes ranked voting principle.
10:36 ikourmou yes, the first one (with the radiobuttons) is straightforward
10:36 cait a problem we had in the past is that it was not clear to everyone that you could rank only one option instead of all options
10:36 ashimema are there some ranking systems fro exactly this out there
10:36 drojf in case we had more proposals, ranking would definitely be interesting
10:37 cait so there is some possible fuzziness there
10:38 schnydszch2 I think first one will work because we only have two
10:38 drojf do you waynt to vote on the way we vote? ;)
10:38 cait heh
10:38 ashimema I sorta like the ranking..
10:38 drojf so far i think the simple option is preferred
10:38 ashimema as it takes account of the 'I can't make it to x, but would attend y'
10:38 drojf my proposal for the ranking would be 2 points for first, 1 for second, 0 if not chosen
10:39 drojf there are probably a lot of schemes aqnd calculations about such things out there that i don't know about ;)
10:39 schnydszch2 If one is chosen since there are only two so the ranking will be 2 points for the one chosen and one point for the pther
10:39 cait and if you only chose one option 2 points total?
10:39 ashimema if you do rank and you allow for a no vote..
10:40 ashimema then you have 4 options..
10:40 drojf atm you have to choose 1 or 2 options
10:40 ashimema a + b, b + a, a, b
10:40 drojf that can be set
10:40 thd In the past we would have a vote and examined the result under various schemes for interpreting ranking.
10:40 cait i think we should be clear now
10:40 drojf thd: have the results first and then choose the interpretation?
10:40 cait before the vote starts
10:40 drojf that sounds… odd :)
10:41 ashimema I'd almost say.. for the 'can't go there' it needs to almost be a negative vote
10:41 thd drojf:  Yes it was odd, however, ...
10:41 drojf ashimema: let#s not complicate things :P
10:41 ashimema if it's not.. and you just auto asign a second choice your in fact counting it against those who cannot attend a particular destination
10:42 thd the choice of scheme to interpret the results would not have changed the result in our actual experience.
10:42 drojf thd: that is true. the choice of voting style won't do that this time either
10:43 drojf people from greece will vote only greece, people from the philippines will only vote philippines. and some devs will ranks because the company pays travel expenses
10:43 drojf *rank
10:43 cait not sure if you can say that
10:43 ashimema lol
10:43 cait if people misunderstand the form, they also might rank 2 because they think they have to
10:43 drojf disclaimer: just my gut feeling, not an official announcement :)
10:43 ashimema yup
10:44 drojf yes, that was leading to trouble before
10:44 cait i am fine with either opton
10:44 cait but it's like to have a clear scheme for the ranking and a good clear note on the page
10:44 schnydszch2_ joined #koha
10:44 magnuse with the ranking you could have A 51% as first, B 49% as first - and then B might still win if it has a lot more 2nd places than A
10:44 magnuse so do we vote on the voting?
10:44 drojf magnuse: in theory, yes. depending in how that is counted
10:44 thd On one occasion at least, the preference order for some later ranked choices would have been different with different interpretation schemes.
10:45 drojf i'm fine with both options, as long as we agree on the interpretation upfront
10:45 drojf so we can say, if you rank, that means exactly this and that
10:46 gaetan_B joined #koha
10:46 BobB i like the simple option, but cait has to decide if this is going to a vote
10:46 ashimema agreed
10:46 drojf it has to be clear what is going on, no fuzzy interpretation afterwards
10:46 cait BobB: no problem with a vote to vote...
10:47 cait but i think it would be good to know how the secnd opton works :)
10:47 cait shall i start a vote?
10:47 BobB yup
10:47 drojf do you want to decide that before voting?
10:47 thd I like the drojf's simple 2, 1, 0 count on this occasion for interpreting ranking.
10:47 drojf we could vote on the vote count before we vote on the vote :P
10:47 ashimema if it's 2,1,0.. does a 0 vote pair with a 1.. or a 2
10:48 BobB i think if there is a majority for ranking, then spend time working out the schema ...
10:48 drojf ashimema: i don't understand the question :)
10:48 cait #startvote Should we be using the radiobutton or the ranking method for voting? (radio,ranking)
10:48 huginn Begin voting on: Should we be using the radiobutton or the ranking method for voting? Valid vote options are , radio, ranking, .
10:48 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
10:48 drojf BobB: +1
10:48 thd Ultimately, I prefer a score voting but scheme, but that is a different discussion for a different poll.
10:49 cait noone?
10:49 wahanui noone is, like, here
10:49 ashimema a + b = 2 + 1
10:49 ashimema a only = 2 + 0 OR 1 + 0
10:49 drojf i abstain and follow orders then ;)
10:49 thd #vote ranking
10:49 ikourmou #vote radio
10:49 cait #vote radio
10:49 BobB #vote radio
10:49 ashimema #vote radio
10:49 cait i think radio vote doesn't mean you can't go to your second favourite choice if you want to :)
10:50 ashimema ranking is too hard with just this meeting to work it out ;)
10:50 drojf you all should go to kohacon 2016, regardless of the location and your vote ;)
10:50 ashimema that entirely depends on your employer in many cases I would imagine
10:50 cait i will certainly try :)
10:51 cait schnydszch: ?
10:51 drojf ashimema: true. but your vote for a should not keep you away from going to b :)
10:51 ashimema greece.. we could send a party of people.. phillapines we'll be lucky to afford to send one.
10:51 BobB droif airfares make a huge diff for us: one location, we send one delegate, the other location we can send three :)
10:51 BobB ashimema: snap
10:51 thd ashimema: The "too hard" aspect is partly why we had not specified a specific interpretation scheme in the past.
10:51 ashimema lol
10:51 drojf everyone voted i think?
10:52 cait i was hoping schnydszch
10:52 ashimema I'd go for ranking every time if we had a scheme agreed upon ;)
10:52 magnuse #vote radio
10:52 cait as they are bidding
10:52 cait but we might have lost him
10:52 * ashimema hates the first past the post method in politics too)
10:52 schnydszch2 joined #koha
10:52 thd ashimema++
10:53 cait schnydszch2: back?
10:53 wahanui and forth.
10:53 cait the vote is still open
10:53 drojf ashimema: we still could ;)
10:53 schnydszch2 Sorry got cut what's to vote on?
10:53 cait ould we be using the radiobutton or the ranking method for voting? Valid vote options are , radio, ranking, .
10:54 cait should we be using...
10:54 schnydszch2 #vote eadio
10:54 huginn schnydszch2: eadio is not a valid option. Valid options are , radio, ranking, .
10:54 schnydszch2 #vote radio
10:54 cait #endvote
10:54 huginn Voted on "Should we be using the radiobutton or the ranking method for voting?" Results are
10:54 huginn ranking (1): thd
10:54 huginn radio (6): magnuse, cait, schnydszch2, ashimema, BobB, ikourmou
10:54 cait hm ok
10:54 ashimema is there a second half to this meeting?
10:55 cait #agreed 2 Radiobuttons, randomized order and no preselection will be used for the vote
10:55 cait ashimema: not this time around
10:55 ashimema I reckon rangi etc would vote the other way ;)
10:55 drojf ok that seems clear. and both bidders voted for radio too, so they won't be unhappy with it
10:55 cait yeah
10:55 ashimema yup..
10:55 cait yeah i think it's good that we got the representatives here
10:55 * ashimema suggests we work uot the scheme nice and early for the next vote ;)
10:55 cait :) thx for attending ikourmou and schnydszch!
10:55 drojf ashimema: put it on the agenda for next time
10:56 schnydszch2 You're welcome!
10:56 ikourmou thank you!
10:56 drojf ok i will set that up now while you continue. i will send out an email to the list with the url soon
10:56 cait ok, if you are done before, maybe can paste here too i am moving on
10:56 drojf so you can inform everyone interested
10:56 drojf yes
10:56 cait #info Support vendor listing on the website
10:56 cait #link[…]roviders_list_RFC
10:57 cait there are no proposals added to the wiki page
10:57 BobB #topic cait
10:57 cait oh
10:57 cait thx
10:57 cait #topic Support vendor listing on the website
10:57 Topic for #koha is now Support vendor listing on the website (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
10:57 cait sorry for messing up the minutes
10:57 cait #link[…]roviders_list_RFC
10:57 BobB thx for chairing!
10:57 cait wizzyrea has added a lot of the requests by now
10:57 thd ashimema: A problem with vote interpretation schemes is a lack of consensus amongst experts in voting theory on what the one true mathematically fair voting system would be.
10:57 cait so i think the state of the website directory is currently up to date
10:58 cait are there volunteers I could #action that want to follow up on the discussion?
10:59 ashimema .
11:00 cait if not
11:01 cait i'd like to remove this from the agenda for now
11:01 ashimema k
11:01 BobB yes
11:01 cait #info the discussion fo the suport provider list is going to be removed from the agenda for now
11:02 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
11:02 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
11:02 cait drojf send out an email - all done
11:02 cait #action drojf is going ot send out an email with the URL vor voting after this meeting
11:02 cait #topic Next meeting
11:02 Topic for #koha is now Next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 9 September 2015)
11:03 BobB #action BobB will follow up with bag re fundraising
11:03 cait thx BobB
11:03 cait Suggestion: October 7
11:04 cait 20 UTC?
11:04 BobB just a mo'
11:05 BobB hmm 7am, ok
11:05 thd I like that suggestion, as it avoids a potential conflict as I conclude work protecting a friend from eviction.
11:05 cait ok?
11:05 cait not gong to start another vote :)
11:05 ashimema :)
11:05 magnuse +1
11:06 thd +1
11:06 cait #info Next meeting is going to be October 7, 20 UTC
11:06 cait thx everyone for attending!
11:06 cait #endmeeting
11:06 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to the IRC home of Koha | Code of conduct -[…]/code-of-conduct/ | Please use for pastes | Installation guide for Koha is
11:06 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep  9 11:06:18 2015 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
11:06 huginn Minutes:        http://meetings.koha-community[…]-09-09-10.04.html
11:06 huginn Minutes (text): http://meetings.koha-community[…]5-09-09-10.04.txt
11:06 huginn Log:            http://meetings.koha-community[…]09-10.04.log.html
11:06 BobB thank you cait
11:07 thd cait: Is it common to refer to things by week number for you?
11:07 cait yes
11:08 magnuse here too :-)
11:08 cait like when you try to sort out a meeting time... week 42 doesn#t work for me
11:08 cait it's printed on my calendar... so it's easy :)
11:08 magnuse and missing from google calendar - not so easy
11:08 cait ah
11:09 cait another reason not to use google calendar :)
11:09 drojf ok i started the vote. the url is[…]hp/639452?lang=en
11:09 thd cait: Are calendars usually shown with week numbers in Germany and Norway?
11:09 magnuse does anyone know if the plack scripts tcohen has added play well with gitified?
11:09 drojf end time 16 september, 12 utc?
11:09 magnuse thd: yes, at least in norway
11:09 cait i just checked. apparently outlook doesn't, but i think all the printed one do
11:10 cait hm if you send it now... is that our time now?
11:10 magnuse cait, thd:
11:10 drojf it is 11:10 utc
11:10 cait sounds good
11:11 drojf ok then i'll write an email
11:11 * magnuse voted
11:12 * cait too
11:12 thd cait, magnuse: Do you know of any free software calendar systems which incorporate week number?
11:13 thd #me suspects that week number is not part of any of the calendar data exchange protocols.
11:14 magnuse thd: nope, i have not looked at a lot of those
11:16 thd I have looked at free software calendar systems in the past and never noticed week numbers a feature.  However, I did not know to try to look for week numbers.
11:16 magnuse[…]-google-calendar/ :-)
11:21 nengard joined #koha
11:21 thd magnuse: The model of week numbers used in the link you provided for Google Calendar has no consequences for data exchange, therefore, it should not be difficult to add such a feature to most any free software calendar system.
11:22 drojf email sent
11:23 thd cait, magnuse: Thanks greatly for broadening my cultural understanding about something I had overlooked.
11:23 magnuse drojf++
11:23 magnuse thd: hehe, no problem
11:24 thd #ME goes back to sleep :)
11:26 * thd goes back to sleep :)
11:27 eythian joined #koha
11:27 magnuse huh, eythian?
11:27 wahanui i think eythian is a kiwi smartass, or so pianohacker says.
11:40 cait ah sorry, i was away for espresso
11:41 nengard morning all
11:48 meliss joined #koha
11:50 magnuse kia ora nengard
11:50 nengard ")
11:50 nengard or
11:50 nengard :)
11:50 nengard hehe
12:01 laurence joined #koha
12:02 cait nengard: vote! :)
12:02 cait (13:09:14) drojf: ok i started the vote. the url is[…]hp/639452?lang=en
12:12 nengard will do cait
12:14 drojf imagine i'd put general discussion of a voting scheme on the agenda for next meeting… would anyone actually think about the topic or do research and prepare something?
12:15 nengard cait done and shared
12:16 mveron joined #koha
12:17 cait nengard: thx!
12:17 cait nengard: the timeframe is only a week, so need to get it out soon and far
12:17 nengard eeek
12:17 nengard okay
12:19 mveron hi #koha
12:20 cait mveron: vote! hehe[…]/index.php/639452
12:21 mveron cait: Already done :-)
12:22 laurence joined #koha
12:31 tcohen joined #koha
12:36 tcohen morning
12:39 magnuse kia ora tcohen
12:41 cait morning tcohen :)
12:41 cait vote![…]/index.php/639452 :)
12:41 druthb beware of cait; she's hustling the vote today.  :)
12:42 cait hustling?
12:42 druthb poking people to get out the vote.
12:43 cait ah
12:43 cait yeah :)
12:56 drojf meh typo
12:56 drojf not sending another mail
12:57 Callender joined #koha
13:00 mario joined #koha
13:00 mario morning
13:01 cait morning :) vote![…]/index.php/639452
13:02 talljoy joined #koha
13:02 cma joined #koha
13:04 nengard ha cait
13:04 nengard is that an automatic reply?
13:04 drojf lol
13:04 nengard retweet and share on facebook too :)
13:04 nengard[…]41585324725018625
13:05 cait :)
13:05 * druthb wonders if cait has been replaced by wahanui in a disguise.
13:06 JoshB joined #koha
13:17 cait :P
13:17 nengard actually we should change the response to 'hi' or 'hello' to be 'vote;
13:22 magnuse can someone change the topic of the #koha channel?
13:25 cait have to run bye all!
13:25 nengard magnuse I'm not sure how to do that
13:25 nengard Is it just #topic
13:25 cait left #koha
13:26 TGoat joined #koha
13:36 dpk joined #koha
13:37 magnuse nengard: i have no idea...
13:37 magnuse gotta run!
13:39 amyjeankearns joined #koha
13:40 drojf joined #koha
13:51 mtompset joined #koha
13:51 mtompset Greetings, #koha.
13:51 tcohen joined #koha
13:51 mtompset @seen magnuse
13:51 huginn mtompset: magnuse was last seen in #koha 14 minutes and 16 seconds ago: <magnuse> gotta run!
13:51 drojf hi mtompset
13:51 tcohen hi
13:51 drojf hi tcohen
13:51 mtompset drojf: Like my amending comment on the Wiki? ;)
13:51 drojf mtompset: indeed :D
13:56 burdsjm joined #koha
13:58 mtompset I'll roll it back now. :)
13:58 drojf so it's not real? :P
14:00 burdsjm_ joined #koha
14:00 * mtompset gives drojf  the evil eye.
14:04 drojf heh kidding. nice to hear it's sorted out with the national library
14:08 tcohen joined #koha
14:09 mtompset And even if it wasn't (I know nothing, I am speaking hypothetically), it would still be held in Manila somewhere.
14:09 Arve_S joined #koha
14:14 drojf but it wouldn't be very nice to say it's sorted out if it wasn't (speaking hypothetically)
14:17 mtompset No it wouldn't.
14:22 Kchris joined #koha
14:24 laurence left #koha
14:28 burdsjm joined #koha
14:34 drojf @wunder berlin, germany
14:34 huginn drojf: The current temperature in Berlin Tegel, Germany is 17.0°C (4:20 PM CEST on September 09, 2015). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 59%. Dew Point: 9.0°C. Pressure: 30.27 in 1025 hPa (Steady).
14:38 misilot quick question, is there a list of compatible label printers on the wiki or in the documentation somewhere? I have done a quick search and couldn't find anything
14:40 nengard not that i know of
14:41 misilot thanks nengard
14:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:00 rocio joined #koha
15:14 pianohacker joined #koha
15:37 nitz0 joined #koha
15:38 nitz0 hi ppl...
15:49 nengard hello
16:03 pianohacker HI nengard
16:04 nengard hi
16:11 reiveune bye
16:11 reiveune left #koha
16:36 BobB joined #koha
16:37 irma joined #koha
16:43 gaetan_B bye
16:43 burdsjm_ joined #koha
17:08 burdsjm_ joined #koha
17:10 cait joined #koha
17:16 irma joined #koha
17:17 BobB joined #koha
17:22 magnuse huh, i was sure bug 5020 was the big https bug...
17:22 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5020 trivial, PATCH-Sent (DO NOT USE), ---, oleonard, CLOSED FIXED, on patron record sex should be gender
17:25 mtompset 5010
17:25 mtompset bug 5010
17:25 wahanui i heard bug 5010 was scary
17:25 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5010 normal, P5 - low, ---, mtompset, Pushed to Stable , Fix OPACBaseURL to include protocol
17:26 pianohacker the final decision on that was to include the protocol, correct?
17:26 mtompset Yes.
17:26 mtompset because a whole bunch of 'http://' . $OPACBaseURL; is dumb.
17:26 mtompset and it prevents https.
17:27 mtompset (or gopher! BRING IT BACK!)
17:27 magnuse thanks, mtompset
17:27 magnuse i was only off by ten then :-)
17:27 magnuse yeah, we want gopher!
17:27 mtompset Someone suggested we do the same for the staff client.
17:27 mtompset I have yet to have the time to do so.
17:28 pianohacker rtsp://
17:28 mtompset Why not? :)
17:29 pianohacker *sigh* it's sad that the biggest obstacle to that is domain ownership instead of inherent lunacy
17:33 mtompset Oh. I was thinking you were just putting filler, not an actually attempt at something that could be real.
17:36 pianohacker heh. mix o' both :)
17:39 tcohen joined #koha
17:53 drojf joined #koha
18:00 tcohen joined #koha
18:09 tcohen joined #koha
18:12 wnickc joined #koha
18:34 mtompset_ joined #koha
18:42 mtompset_ joined #koha
18:44 burdsjm_ joined #koha
18:53 wnickc joined #koha
18:55 cdickinson joined #koha
18:56 irma joined #koha
18:57 BobB joined #koha
19:01 wnickc_ joined #koha
19:20 nengard left #koha
19:27 wnickc joined #koha
19:35 magnuse have fun #koha
19:37 cait @later tell wizzyrea can we put the vote on the kc website?
19:37 huginn cait: The operation succeeded.
19:45 burdsjm_ joined #koha
20:03 tcohen joined #koha
20:06 tcohen hi
20:07 * cait grumps about the post losing half of a package she sent a friend :(
20:08 pianohacker cait: half?
20:09 cait 2 space invader shaped erasers i sent a friend
20:09 cait one made it... the other not
20:14 tcohen half???
20:15 cait yeah, the envelope got teared and one of the space invaders fell out :(
20:15 * cait is quite grumpy about that
20:15 wnickc or, he escaped to plot his invasion. out
20:15 cait yeah... i hope he creates chaos at some post sorting center
20:17 tcohen maybe it blocked some important machine gears and it caused massive destruction on the post office
20:18 cait it's mean to think that right...
20:18 cait but it would be very space invaderish
20:21 cait :)
20:21 tcohen heh
20:30 tcohen i have 37 configured Koha instances sharing with HEA
20:30 tcohen but the site only mentions 24 in Argentina :-/
20:31 cait hm
20:31 tcohen ah, i run the script again and now it worked
20:36 tcohen joined #koha
20:47 burdsjm_ joined #koha
20:49 magnuse joined #koha
21:19 tcohen dcook: what is the status of your koha-oai-client patches?
21:36 kathryn joined #koha
21:38 JoshB left #koha
21:45 banzi joined #koha
21:45 pianohacker purely for another set of eyes, does anyone know why lines 88-97 of C4/Members/ aren't just push @results, $row?
21:45 cait can you paste a link?
21:45 * cait is too tired to ask git
21:47 pianohacker cait:[…]
21:47 pianohacker it's been that way since the beginning of that module
21:49 cait you should ask someone else
21:49 pianohacker gmcharlt?
21:49 wahanui i guess gmcharlt is an expert in all things library technology.
21:50 pianohacker he, jmf and atz are the only ones to touch it back then :)
21:50 tcohen pianohacker: I think it is in line with the practice of making the fields retrieval explicit
21:50 tcohen we try to avoid SELECT *
21:50 pianohacker tcohen: true, but the explicit field retrieval is done in the select just above
21:51 tcohen pianohacker: yes, and the JOIN
21:51 pianohacker I'm about to add another field to that sub, and wondered why that code was there
21:51 pianohacker the explicit select is good, but I _think_ the code I linked to is pointless
21:52 cait tcohen: from line 88
21:52 cait maybe ensuring the sequence is not changed? by adding fields in between?
21:52 gmcharlt pianohacker: there's aliassing going on
21:52 gmcharlt value_description => $row->{'lib'},
21:52 gmcharlt e.g.
21:52 pianohacker gmcharlt: Ah! There's the rub. That's why I asked, thanks
21:52 gmcharlt not ath one couldn't do in the aliasing in the SQL statement, I suppose
21:52 gmcharlt *not that
21:53 cait forget what i said
21:53 pianohacker gmcharlt: I'm tempted to change it to do it with AS and change that to push @results, $row. Any reason I shouldn't?
21:54 pianohacker fairly innocuous refactor to sneak in with my patch :)
21:58 tcohen pianohacker: if i were to touch that code in a serious way, I'd rather use DBIx if that was possible
21:58 tcohen but yeah, probably a major refactoring
21:59 pianohacker tcohen: yeah
21:59 pianohacker I'd figure a good time for that would be when we move patron attributes to Koha::AdditionalField (if that happens)
22:02 tcohen pianohacker: bug 10855?
22:02 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=10855 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Passed QA , Additional fields for subscriptions
22:02 pianohacker tcohen: yar
22:03 tcohen what do u think of that feature?
22:03 pianohacker we have a project on the queue to extend that to acquisitions baskets and funds
22:03 nitz0 bye
22:04 pianohacker tcohen: I think it's decent, a little quirky but good
22:04 pianohacker you?
22:04 cait pianohacker: i think there might be a patch for orders already floating around
22:04 cait and subscriptions of course
22:04 tcohen more quirky than good, pero we can make it more useful
22:05 tcohen i mean, it is good enough for pushing, but needs some polishing
22:05 cait hm should have waited to put my glasses down :)
22:05 tcohen i expect to push it soon
22:05 pianohacker cait: ohhhh?
22:06 tcohen cait?
22:06 wahanui somebody said cait was regretting a bit that we didn't offer this as an option first... or on a test system for people to see
22:06 tcohen cait?
22:06 wahanui somebody said cait was looking for someone to qa the sip patches
22:06 * pianohacker looks at cait expectantly
22:06 cait bug 11844
22:06 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11844 new feature, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Additional fields for order lines
22:06 tcohen cait?
22:06 wahanui cait is working on a patch to make it possible to set the date individually - first step
22:07 pianohacker cait?
22:07 wahanui i think cait is too lazy to alk over to you ;)
22:07 pianohacker hehehe
22:07 cait huh
22:07 cait where did he pick all that up
22:07 cait cait?
22:07 wahanui you are working on a patch to make it possible to set the date individually - first step
22:07 cait forget cait
22:07 wahanui cait: I forgot cait
22:07 cait there.
22:07 pianohacker cait: yeah; we want to extend that to other parts of acquisitions
22:07 pianohacker cait?
22:07 pianohacker noooo
22:07 cait i don't even remember which patch that was
22:07 pianohacker pianohacker?
22:07 pianohacker pianohacker?
22:07 pianohacker aw
22:08 cait pianohacker?
22:08 pianohacker mean ol' eythian
22:08 tcohen wahanui: cait is cait, go to bed
22:08 wahanui OK, tcohen.
22:08 cait cait?
22:08 wahanui you are, like, cait, go to bed
22:08 cait cait?
22:08 wahanui somebody said cait was cait, go to bed
22:08 pianohacker hehehe
22:08 cait forget cait
22:08 wahanui cait: I forgot cait
22:08 cait cais is <reply>cait, go to bed
22:08 cait cait?
22:08 cait cais?
22:08 wahanui cait, go to bed
22:08 cait hmpf
22:08 tcohen hehe :-D
22:08 cait now you know how it works... you can teach him
22:08 cait and i go to sleep :)
22:08 tcohen muahhahaha
22:09 cait bye all :)
22:09 cait left #koha
22:10 edveal left #koha
22:12 mtompset_ joined #koha
22:18 tcohen joined #koha
23:08 Francesca joined #koha
23:09 Francesca hello #koha
23:11 mtompset_ joined #koha
23:19 ribasushi joined #koha
23:24 JoshB joined #koha
23:48 pianohacker @later tell tcohen The last time I was working on something that used DBIC and added new tables, I had to run the schema loader but not submit any of the results with the bug. Is that still true?
23:48 huginn pianohacker: The operation succeeded.
23:56 papa joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary