IRC log for #koha, 2011-06-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:38 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #274: SUCCESS in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/274/
00:38 jenkins_koha * Elliott Davis: Bug 6437: Added div with id yui-main around advsearch form
00:38 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 - Keeping history page up to date
00:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6437 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, tdavis, ASSIGNED , Div tag needed in advsearch
00:38 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6350 trivial, P5, ---, nengard, NEW , Bug for tracking updates to the history file
00:48 NateC left #koha
00:51 NateC joined #koha
00:58 mtj hi all - a random Q... anyone about who has 3m self-checkout machine experience, with Koha?
00:59 bg mtj: I think NEKLS is using those
00:59 mtj heya bg , aaaa, ok thanks
01:00 mtj i think amit has too, and atz - of course
01:00 Oak joined #koha
01:00 Oak \o
01:01 Oak wizzyrea, are you available?
01:01 mtj i have a 3m guy arriving next week, for a self-checkout install
01:02 mtj .. ill ask liz when i see her online
01:04 Oak mtj, ah, *now* I understand
01:04 Oak funny guy
01:05 mtj huh, understand what?
01:05 Oak uh oh, never mind, I guess I did not
01:07 mtj yep, i really do i have a 3m guy arriving next week, for a self-checkout install :)
01:08 Oak :)
01:10 NateC left #koha
01:10 jenkins_koha left #koha
01:11 jenkins_koha joined #koha
01:15 pianohacker mtj: I'm sorry
01:15 pianohacker my limited experience with 3m hasn't been fantastic
01:17 mtj pianohacker:  np - i just gotta prep a sipserver, thats tested to be working-ish
01:17 mtj before the 3m guy arrives
01:18 mtj fyi: the doco and examples in C4/SIP look pretty good :)
01:49 rangi pianohacker++
01:52 Irma left #koha
02:22 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: BUG6436 Don't allow deletion of an itemtype used in items.itype <[…]21f6d328f13390d07> / Bug 6362: fixes display to re-embed items in OPAC MARC view <[…]c77f2d1145e50a493>
02:26 Oak left #koha
02:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 275 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
02:34 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6350 Adding Fridolyn Somers to the history <[…]e6d334ff15095740c>
02:42 ibeardslee rangi: it may just be me .. but I keep seeing your #kohails tags as "Koh ails"
02:44 rangi yep
02:44 rangi #koha is used by an albanian newspaper
02:44 rangi so #kohails is what we came up with
02:45 rangi but it does read funny
02:45 Space_Librarian i read it as "ko hails" the first few times
02:46 ibeardslee ^^ that's the better way of reading it
02:46 ibeardslee well better than mine
02:46 druthb joined #koha
02:46 Space_Librarian hey ruth!
02:46 druthb @seen Brooke
02:46 huginn` druthb: Brooke was last seen in #koha 6 hours, 24 minutes, and 56 seconds ago: * Brooke thought over starting a firearms, liquor, & fireworks delivery company.
02:47 * druthb laughs evilly.
02:47 * Space_Librarian laughs
02:47 Space_Librarian I like that company. Does she need shareholders?
02:48 rangi
02:48 rangi friday!
02:50 druthb hi, rangi and Space_Librarian.  :)
02:50 Space_Librarian o/
02:50 rangi i may do my next presentation, fully autotuned
02:54 druthb ooo...I could autotune my voice up to where I really want it...
02:55 rangi :)
02:58 pianohacker left #koha
03:04 rangi you have an android phone druthb ?
03:04 rangi micdroid is the app for it
03:08 Space_Librarian there's an app. I must get.
03:10 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #275: SUCCESS in 42 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/275/
03:10 jenkins_koha * ruth: Bug 6362: fixes display to re-embed items in OPAC MARC view
03:10 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG6436 Don't allow deletion of an itemtype used in items.itype
03:10 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6362 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, ASSIGNED , Fix MARC display in OPAC
03:10 jenkins_koha Starting build 276 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
03:13 druthb rangi:  I don't; I have a Palm Pre Plus (WebOS)
03:13 rangi ahh
03:14 rangi you're out of luck then :)
03:14 rangi i autotune kahu quite a lot
03:19 glernil joined #koha
03:20 druthb i'm headed to bed... y'all have a good night.
03:20 rangi cya
03:20 druthb left #koha
03:22 Brooke joined #koha
03:24 rangi hi Brooke
03:24 Brooke kia ora
03:26 Space_Librarian @seen druthb
03:26 huginn` Space_Librarian: druthb was last seen in #koha 5 minutes and 37 seconds ago: <druthb> i'm headed to bed... y'all have a good night.
03:27 Space_Librarian tena koe Brooke still looking for shareholders in your company?
03:27 Brooke Space_Librarian: druthb was last seen in Dupont Circle being harassed by a nerd.
03:28 Space_Librarian hahahaha
03:30 jransom joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta joined #koha
03:30 Amit_Gupta heya chris
03:30 Amit_Gupta good morning koha ;)
03:31 Brooke morena
03:31 jransom good afternoon all
03:31 * Brooke tips her hat to jransom
03:31 Space_Librarian hello jransom and Amit_Gupta
03:31 jransom curtsies back
03:32 jransom heya
03:47 Soupermanito joined #koha
03:50 rangi wahanui: 4865 - 175
03:50 wahanui 4690
03:50 rangi 7185331 - 6522266
03:50 wahanui 663065
03:50 rangi 1884949 - 1566048
03:50 wahanui 318901
03:51 Brooke e + pi
03:51 Brooke tosser.
03:51 rangi heh
03:51 Soupermanito can it do negative numbers?
03:51 rangi 4690 is how many files are different between koha and liblime ils
03:52 rangi 663,065 lines added and 318,901 removed
03:52 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #276: SUCCESS in 41 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/276/
03:52 jenkins_koha Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 Adding Fridolyn Somers to the history
03:52 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6350 trivial, P5, ---, nengard, NEW , Bug for tracking updates to the history file
03:52 rangi i was dropping the .po files out of the calcultion its 4865 different with them added in
03:56 rangi stats
03:56 rangi they are fun
03:56 rangi 145 ppl have code in koha now too
03:56 rangi ohh i see a beer oclock email
03:57 Space_Librarian you do.
03:57 ibeardslee rangi: let me know when you get to 149
03:57 rangi hehe
03:57 * eythian is moments away from having custom package deployment working, going to try to finisht that first.
03:57 * Space_Librarian wants to be 150... not sure how to work that...
03:59 eythian 149 and 151 are both prime, which makes them better than some arbitrary 'divisible by 15' thing.
03:59 ibeardslee I was aiming for the divisible by 10 thing
04:00 ibeardslee plus 1/2 way between centuries
04:03 ibeardslee anyway I think I'll grab a beer and then lean back and listen to again
04:23 glernil left #koha
04:42 pianohacker joined #koha
04:42 pianohacker left #koha
04:53 cait joined #koha
04:55 cait hi #koha
04:56 mtj hiya cait
04:56 cait hi :)
04:57 jransom Caitlin babe!
04:57 jransom how are you?
04:58 Space_Librarian left #koha
05:02 cait tired :)
05:02 cait today is my last day at work for 2 weeks - library congress and 1 week vacation
05:02 cait how are you?
05:09 jransom good - tired too.
05:09 jransom been nursing a cold for about 3 days so looking forward to 3 days off.
05:11 cait oh :(
05:11 cait get better
05:11 jransom its nothing a day or 2 of rest wont fix.
05:11 jransom bad weather forecasted so lots of inside and movies
05:13 cait summer is here now
05:14 cait we got some needed rain on the weekend, but I think it today will be warm
05:14 cait @wunder Konstanz
05:14 huginn` cait: The current temperature in Konstanz, Germany is 14.0�C (7:00 AM CEST on June 03, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 76%. Dew Point: 11.0�C. Pressure: 30.22 in 1023 hPa (Falling).
05:19 Ahmuck left #koha
05:21 Soupermanito left #koha
05:32 jransom left #koha
05:50 Brooke left #koha
06:18 glernil joined #koha
06:20 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
06:21 magnuse rangi around?
06:23 magnuse @later tell rangi when i visit[…]topread&q=topread i get "Error: Language 'nb' does not exist"
06:23 huginn` magnuse: The operation succeeded.
06:29 bg @wunder 93109
06:29 huginn` bg: The current temperature in K6LCM - Westside / Mesa, Santa Barbara, California is 15.8�C (11:33 PM PDT on June 02, 2011). Conditions: Clear. Humidity: 41%. Dew Point: 3.0�C. Pressure: 29.89 in 1012.1 hPa (Steady). Wind Advisory in effect until 3 am PDT Friday...
06:29 magnuse @wunder boo
06:29 huginn` magnuse: The current temperature in Bodo, Norway is 9.0�C (8:20 AM CEST on June 03, 2011). Conditions: Mostly Cloudy. Humidity: 87%. Dew Point: 7.0�C. Pressure: 30.12 in 1020 hPa (Steady).
06:29 magnuse beats me...
06:29 bg :) hi magnuse
06:30 magnuse hi bg
06:30 magnuse another late night session?
06:30 bg yup
06:31 * bg is linking bibs to auths - and man is it slow - too many records :)
06:31 magnuse ouch
06:31 magnuse that does not sound a like fun thing to do late at night...
06:32 bg ah it's cool I'm just staying awake to index after it - so watching a movie in the background
06:32 magnuse hehe
06:34 magnuse i pictured you doing it by hand, desperate to reach some deadline or something ;-)
06:35 bg heh
06:36 hdl joined #koha
06:37 magnuse bonjour hdl
06:37 hdl hi magnuse
06:38 cait morning bg and hdl, hi bg :)
06:38 bg hey cait
06:38 bg hey hdl
06:38 hdl hi bg and cait (bg up late)
06:38 bg :)
06:38 magnuse hi cait
06:40 julian joined #koha
06:43 cait time to go to work
06:43 cait left #koha
07:02 mtj wizzyrea:  about?
07:03 magnuse mtj: probably asleep at this hour?
07:03 magnuse @last seen wizzyrea
07:03 huginn` magnuse: (last [--{from,in,on,with,without,regexp} <value>] [--nolimit]) -- Returns the last message matching the given criteria. --from requires a nick from whom the message came; --in requires a channel the message was sent to; --on requires a network the message was sent on; --with requires some string that had to be in the message; --regexp requires a regular expression the message must match; --nolimit returns (1 more message)
07:03 magnuse @seen wizzyrea
07:03 huginn` magnuse: wizzyrea was last seen in #koha 9 hours, 6 minutes, and 47 seconds ago: <wizzyrea> bugzilla?
07:04 mtj yep, good call :)
07:04 mtj im stuck on a weird SIPserverpm bug
07:05 mtj and im trying to catch someone who has a running SIPserver, etc...
07:05 magnuse wish i could have helped you with that, but alas...
07:06 mtj np, i have a few fays to sort it
07:06 francharb joined #koha
07:06 mtj lol s/fays/days/
07:10 francharb hello all
07:16 clrh joined #koha
07:18 magnuse bonjour francharb and clrh
07:18 clrh bonjour magnuse and all
07:25 kf joined #koha
07:25 kf hi #koha
07:25 magnuse guten tag kf
07:27 kf god dag magnuse
07:27 glernil eythian: good day! Is it safe to modify the crontab manually in a koha instance? The crontab only contains the message_process_queue and i want to add several more as seen from the crontab.example file?
07:27 * kf hopest that was right
07:27 kf /s/hopest/hopes
07:27 magnuse absolutely correct, kf
07:27 magnuse glernil: are you using the packages?
07:28 glernil yup.. koha-common package
07:29 magnuse glernil: ok, eythian is you man then ;-)
08:32 julian left #koha
08:43 julian joined #koha
08:47 vfernandes joined #koha
08:47 vfernandes hi koha community :)
08:47 magnuse hi vfernandes
08:48 vfernandes i'll start the day by asking one thing
08:49 vfernandes i have a statistical patron for the books that are consulting inside of the library
08:50 vfernandes but i need one statistical patron for the serials too, but the serials doesn't have barcodes so a checkout can't be done
08:50 vfernandes how i can create statistics for the serials?
08:52 magnuse hm, not sure how you would do that if you can't check them out!
08:54 vfernandes that's my problem :|
09:00 vfernandes i think that i wiil have to develop a add-on for it
09:12 kf vfernandes: but you have items for them?
09:13 vfernandes the serials modules is configure to not add items for subscriptions
09:14 kf hm
09:14 kf that could be difficult then yes
09:45 semarie joined #koha
09:46 semarie Hi, I upgrade from 3.02.07 to 3.4.x
09:46 semarie but a question about procedure order, concering &
09:47 semarie should a do the upgrade database first or after these ?
09:48 kf hm not sure
09:48 kf magnuse?
09:48 wahanui rumour has it magnuse is afraid that we added another 10000 bugs while he was eating pizza
09:49 magnuse let me check what i did
09:50 magnuse i did:
09:50 magnuse 1. perl Makefile.PL --prev-install-log /home/julap/koha-dev/misc/koha-install-log; make; sudo make upgrade
09:50 magnuse 2. --run
09:50 magnuse 3. misc/migration_tools/ -b -r -v
09:51 magnuse 4. upgrade the database throught the web installer
09:51 magnuse 5. finnished
09:51 semarie ok, I will try ! (I have already done a raw mysqldump, so no problem)
09:53 semarie said: "Use of uninitialized value $cn_class ..." a lot of time...
09:53 magnuse hm, don't think i saw that
09:54 magnuse ps the path i gave for --prev-install-log was of course just an example
09:54 semarie that it is ok...
09:55 semarie have not error (just theses warnings)
09:56 magnuse viktor.sarge++ # for posting his first enh bug ;-)
09:59 semarie ok, upgrade successfully: koha version
09:59 semarie thanks
10:09 kf semarie++ :)
10:09 kf magnuse++
10:11 magnuse semarie++
10:15 julian left #koha
10:26 julian joined #koha
10:33 druthb joined #koha
10:33 druthb o/
10:34 magnuse \o
10:43 danmc morning
10:59 kf magnuse++
11:04 glernil left #koha
11:13 druthb left #koha
11:17 NateC joined #koha
11:29 ll joined #koha
11:29 ll test
11:29 magnuse works! ;-)
11:32 jwagner joined #koha
11:33 pp114 joined #koha
11:37 NateC left #koha
11:38 pp114 left #koha
11:42 Brooke joined #koha
11:43 Brooke kia ora
11:44 mib_2etyq9 joined #koha
11:44 mib_w9soeq joined #koha
11:45 mib_w9soeq left #koha
11:46 mib_2etyq9 left #koha
11:46 flabbergaster joined #koha
11:46 flabbergaster left #koha
11:46 mib_k94av7 joined #koha
11:47 mib_k94av7 left #koha
11:47 JesseM joined #koha
11:47 * Brooke shakes her fist at mibbit.
11:49 ll left #koha
11:51 Amit_Gupta left #koha
11:54 Guillaume joined #koha
11:57 oleonard joined #koha
11:57 Brooke 0/
11:59 oleonard 0_
12:01 JesseM G'Morning #Koha
12:01 Brooke mornin
12:02 hilongo Good morning :)
12:11 sekjal joined #koha
12:12 Brooke 0/
12:14 kf hi Brooke, hi JesseM
12:15 kf hi hilongo, sekjal and all I forgot :)
12:15 sekjal hi, kf!
12:15 JesseM Hi kf!!
12:18 NateC joined #koha
12:19 hilongo Hi kf  :)
12:21 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6446] batch item deletion interface problems <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6446>
12:31 magnuse hiya americans
12:31 magnuse how many implementations of local images do we have now? ;-)
12:32 oleonard The most asked-for feature that no one has developed out in the open!
12:32 oleonard That's why I'm the only one with a flying car. I just didn't figure anyone else would be interested.
12:33 magnuse hehe
12:33 kf I thought we already had a way to display?
12:33 kf but none for saving, that correct?
12:34 magnuse kf: yeah, i think so
12:34 gmcharlt @quote random
12:34 huginn` gmcharlt: Quote #23: "<gmcharlt> /msg munin register nick password" (added by wizzyrea_ at 04:25 PM, August 06, 2009)
12:35 Brooke heh
12:35 gmcharlt @quote add <oleonard> That's why I'm the only one with a flying car. I just didn't figure anyone else would be interested.
12:35 huginn` gmcharlt: The operation succeeded.  Quote #140 added.
12:35 * Brooke suspects context makes that humourous.
12:35 magnuse that #23 sure is a zinger
12:53 talljoy joined #koha
12:58 conan joined #koha
13:00 conan hello everysoul
13:02 magnuse hola conan
13:02 hilongo hola conan  :)
13:03 Brooke hola
13:04 larryb joined #koha
13:04 Brooke 0/
13:10 sekjal left #koha
13:10 tcohen joined #koha
13:11 kf left #koha
13:13 Guillaume left #koha
13:16 Brooke sekjal++
13:16 Brooke magnuse++
13:16 Brooke eythian++
13:29 Brooke modesty--
13:29 Brooke left #koha
13:54 nengard joined #koha
14:03 danmc silly question... is koha exclusively used with apache or are there some (crazed) users who use it with a different httpd?
14:03 rhcl_away is now known as rhcl
14:04 oleonard danmc: There are always crazed users of some sort. Don't know about this particular category.
14:04 danmc would it be safe to say the vast majority use apache?
14:05 oleonard I think that would be safe to say
14:05 magnuse @quote get #123
14:05 huginn` magnuse: (quote get [<channel>] <id>) -- Gets the quote with id <id> from the quote database for <channel>. <channel> is only necessary if the message isn't sent in the channel itself.
14:05 danmc thanks
14:05 magnuse @quote get 123
14:05 huginn` magnuse: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
14:05 wizzyrea yes, that
14:06 magnuse i think catalyst have used nginx, but i'm not sure if they use it as a webserver or more for proxy/load balancing
14:07 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
14:15 conan what could mean a translation is in the po file but it's not in the UI?
14:15 conan I'm talking about a single line of text
14:18 druthb joined #koha
14:18 danmc morning druthb
14:19 druthb o/
14:29 magnus_away is now known as magnuse
14:30 magnuse conan: there could be errors in the .po file
14:30 magnuse i had a similar problem until kf told me to open and save the file in Poedit - that showed me two errors and when i fixed them things got a lot better...
14:34 conan magnuse: I have an error, was checking translate script because information is not enough
14:35 conan but can't find a way to get more info
14:35 conan I only got this line even with verbose on:
14:35 conan %E: Unknown or unsupported format specification
14:35 conan no line number, no nothing
14:36 Soupermanito joined #koha
14:36 conan I'll try poedit now
14:37 conan magnuse: you just open and save? no touching?
14:37 druthb left #koha
14:39 conan 13 errors, interesting, this is workking :)
14:41 magnuse conan: yeah, just open and save
14:45 conan magnuse: what now? I need to read about .po! got a message telling me :
14:45 conan number of format specifications in 'msgid' and 'msgstr' does not match
14:45 conan and what I guess is a line number
14:46 chris_n @later tell rangi I forwarded that email along to our head librarian, tnx
14:46 huginn` chris_n: The operation succeeded.
14:46 conan so I edit with vi the po file
14:46 conan and I see what looks like code:
14:46 conan #. %8$s:  ELSE
14:46 magnuse conan: check that you have the same number of %s in the original and the translated
14:46 conan there's no msgid nor msgstr there
14:46 magnuse that was the problem for me, it had become "% s" a couple of places
14:47 talljoy left #koha
14:47 magnuse check the strings around the line you got
14:47 magnuse i think my errors were above the reported line number
14:47 magnuse 2 or 3 lines above
14:47 Soupermanito left #koha
14:49 conan magnuse: I have three lines, do the %s have to match on a line by line basis or the full total is what should be equal?
14:50 conan cause I have the same ammount of %s, but they are not distributed equally on the lines being translated
14:50 magnuse hm, not sure, i think it's the total that matters
14:51 pastebot "conan" at pasted "learning to translate" (10 lines) at
14:51 magnuse and that there are no spaces or linebreaks between % and s
14:52 magnuse hm, sorry, can't see any problems there...
14:53 conan magnuse: is in the strings that follow the code-block looking snippet
14:53 conan I've found a % alone
14:53 conan that should be it...
14:54 magnuse could be
14:58 magnuse gotta run - good luck conan
14:58 magnuse is now known as magnus_away
15:01 semarie left #koha
15:08 nengard left #koha
15:19 conan is '%%' a correct string in po files?
15:26 sekjal joined #koha
15:27 cait joined #koha
15:33 nengard joined #koha
15:33 skushner joined #koha
15:38 Soupermanito joined #koha
15:40 cait hi #koha
15:40 nengard hiya
15:44 conan cait: hi
15:44 wahanui hey, conan
15:44 conan plop?
15:45 conan wahanui: not talking to you bot
15:45 wahanui conan: huh?
15:45 conan what are the steps to provide a fix for po files?
15:45 conan I'm not seeing bug numbers in commits that provide po files
15:45 conan fredericd: you around?
15:50 julian left #koha
15:52 Oak joined #koha
15:52 Oak \o
15:56 tcohen ouch:
15:56 NCARMichael joined #koha
15:56 wizzyrea oy, is there a command to strike a line from the log :(
15:56 wizzyrea we don't type that url here.
15:57 Oak hehe
15:57 Oak like the 'oy'
15:58 wizzyrea
15:58 wizzyrea just for balance
15:59 wizzyrea website?
15:59 wahanui website is back, bot will be a bit longer
15:59 wizzyrea forget website
15:59 wahanui wizzyrea: I forgot website
15:59 wizzyrea website is
15:59 wizzyrea website?
15:59 wahanui website is
16:03 conan a template question: what if I want to make visual modifications to my installation of koha
16:04 conan should I reproduce a full 'en' subtree?
16:04 conan it seems overkill
16:04 conan what if I want to remove a column, for example?
16:06 clrh conan: from what I know, it is not possible to do it simply, you can't (I think) define a template for a website and configure it - we have this problem for clients who ask us specific template modification...
16:07 oleonard Theoretically it should be possible, but a lot of hardcoded paths to the prog template may still be around
16:07 clrh (I don't know if my english is clear enought...)
16:07 oleonard And yes, conan, you would have to reproduce the whole 'en' subtree
16:11 NCARMichael left #koha
16:11 library_systems_guy MY FIRST PATCH GOT ACCEPTED :D
16:11 f3ew yay
16:11 library_systems_guy im pretty stoked
16:12 wizzyrea :)
16:12 wizzyrea now you can do a patch to the history file >.>
16:13 library_systems_guy w00t
16:13 library_systems_guy im officially part of something cool :)
16:13 wizzyrea @quote add library_systems_guy: w00t I'm officially part of something cool :)
16:13 huginn` wizzyrea: The operation succeeded.  Quote #141 added.
16:14 wizzyrea @quote random
16:14 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #127: "Oracle now has little choice but to abandon its commercial ambitions for OOo because the growing momentum of the more inclusive LibreOffice fork is making OOo irrelevant" (added by wizzyrea at 07:10 PM, April 18, 2011)
16:14 wizzyrea ha
16:14 conan clrh: pretty clear, thanks
16:14 wizzyrea @quote random
16:14 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #103: "<cait>: Nobody can find you hiding in ;)" (added by wizzyrea at 09:18 PM, November 13, 2010)
16:14 wizzyrea too true
16:14 conan library_systems_guy: congratulations :)
16:14 wizzyrea @quote random
16:14 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #72: "<nengard> it's evil xslt in the staff client" (added by jdavidb at 12:28 PM, April 29, 2010)
16:15 library_systems_guy thanks conan and wizzyrea
16:15 wizzyrea @quote random
16:15 huginn` wizzyrea: Quote #106: "<jwagner> Bah, humbug" (added by druthb at 01:31 PM, November 29, 2010)
16:15 conan oleonard: so I can just touch the es-ES subtree, since it's not under git
16:16 oleonard Sorry conan I told you wrong
16:16 conan problem is I'll loose everything after the next 'translate install'
16:16 oleonard If you wanted to try this, you'd have to copy the whole "prog" directory under a new name
16:16 oleonard ...and then change the template name in system preferences
16:16 Ahmuck joined #koha
16:17 conan and the opacthemes too I guess
16:17 conan but how do I keep up later? when I try to merge new changes?
16:18 oleonard That's the trouble... there's no good workflow for that. That's why no one is doing it.
16:18 * wizzyrea has done it. Doesn't do it anymore for precisely that reason.
16:19 * oleonard 's search finds 82 instances of a hard-coded "/prog/" path in the templates
16:19 conan ah crap
16:19 conan I really need a customized installation
16:19 conan my boss is asking for that badly
16:19 oleonard On the other hand conan, if you just wanted to make a few changes you could try doing it in its own branch
16:20 oleonard and manage the merges in git.
16:20 conan oleonard: hum... but I fear a script could automatically blow stuff
16:20 conan like the translate script or another one I still don't know
16:21 conan is there a bug for this hard coded thingy?
16:21 oleonard No, but it sounds like that's the least of your problems.
16:22 conan I've found bug 2774
16:22 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=2774 normal, P3, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Path to theme is hard-coded in many places
16:22 oleonard I stand corrected. That's the one.
16:23 cait yeah,but you would have to reimplement every new featur in your new theme set, right?
16:23 cait sounds like a lot of work :(
16:23 cait conan: what is your boss asking for?
16:24 conan cait: he want me to hide some stuff, like prices (we don't use money here) and infants for example
16:24 cait a
16:24 cait ah
16:24 cait but hiding should not be too difficult
16:24 cait you can hide a lot of things easily using css or jquery
16:25 oleonard Or you could ignore the stuff that isn't relevant ;)
16:25 cait I think some of the things for infants are even hidden by a syspref
16:25 conan he even tinkered around in templates yesterday, but I think that's not the way to go, since we would make an ugly fork
16:25 cait the father/mother relationship thing
16:25 clrh have a good week end...
16:25 clrh left #koha
16:25 conan oleonard: not an option, I don't make the rules
16:26 conan with css I can hide IDed stuff
16:26 conan but if a column doesn't have an ID then is the same problem
16:26 wizzyrea (add one and submit a patch?)
16:26 wizzyrea (that's an ongoing effort)
16:27 conan I'll had to take a look at the work involved first, I'm running low on time, can't follow proper protocol for now
16:27 conan one last thing
16:27 conan the hard coded paths
16:27 conan why are they hard coded?
16:28 conan I mean
16:28 conan is just a matter of getting in and fixing that by pointing to some syspref already created?
16:28 conan or there are more complicated structural things going around?
16:29 oleonard You'll have to investigate conan. It could be that the correct variable isn't available to the template in some cases
16:30 oleonard I suspect it's fixable but hasn't been a priority to anyone
16:32 oleonard conan: If you do too much work not following the proper protocol you're setting yourself up for more pain when upgrade time comes
16:33 conan oleonard: I know, I'm fighting strongly to not do that
16:33 conan but I'm not the boss and he has some deadlines coming soon
16:56 Oak left #koha
16:56 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
16:59 skushner left #koha
16:59 hdl left #koha
17:11 adnc joined #koha
17:11 adnc hello koha
17:13 cait hi adnc :)
17:14 adnc how is kohas debian package doing?
17:14 adnc ;)
17:19 Ropuch Evening #koha
17:21 Soupermanito left #koha
17:26 nengard is now known as nengard_lunch
17:29 cait hi Ropuch
17:29 vfernandes left #koha
17:31 Ahmuck left #koha
17:34 rhcl left #koha
17:34 aogle joined #koha
17:35 Ropuch I'm pulling some data from utf8 database in perl script, but after printing them in terminal (system locale utf8) all I can see is a mess
17:37 Ropuch I hate encoding issues in perl/python ;/
17:40 adnc ping rangi
17:40 nengard_lunch is now known as nengard
17:40 oleonard-away 5:45 AM where he is adnc
17:52 jwagner left #koha
17:59 conan left #koha
18:08 rhcl joined #koha
18:14 oleonard joined #koha
18:18 oleonard-away left #koha
18:18 oleonard is now known as oleonard-away
18:18 nengard left #koha
18:28 francharb left #koha
18:31 tcohen left #koha
18:32 aogle left #koha
18:35 aogle joined #koha
18:39 aogle left #koha
18:39 nengard joined #koha
18:53 aogle joined #koha
18:55 rangi @later tell chris_n please look at bug 6452 (pushed to master) for 3.2.10
18:55 huginn` rangi: The operation succeeded.
19:01 rangi ohh so thats the strategy now is it, pretend koha is a fork ... classy
19:02 bg ?
19:02 oleonard-away One of "various"
19:03 rangi yeah
19:03 oleonard-away left #koha
19:03 oleonard-away joined #koha
19:03 oleonard-away is now known as oleonard
19:04 rangi should I link to the stats post and see if he goes mental again
19:04 rangi library_systems_guy: I added you to the history and about page
19:04 rangi Fridolyn too
19:04 wizzyrea that would be amusing
19:05 chris_n rangi: 6452 ?
19:05 rangi hmm maybe bug 6542
19:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6542 was not found.
19:05 rangi nope bug 6452
19:05 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6452 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Missing SQL placeholders
19:06 rangi yah that one
19:06 chris_n and it has been pushed to master?
19:06 rangi pushed to master just now
19:06 * chris_n wonders if git is slow today :)
19:07 chris_n still don't see it
19:07 rangi hmmm
19:08 chris_n on git.koha... or in my just fetched reop
19:08 chris_n repo, even
19:08 cait I only see the branch, butnot on master
19:09 chris_n time to get pushy ;-)
19:09 cait and hi rangi and chris_n
19:09 chris_n heya cait
19:10 rangi try now
19:10 rangi hi all
19:10 chris_n yup
19:11 chris_n got them, tnx
19:12 jenkins_koha Starting build 277 for job Koha_master (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:12 huginn` New commit(s) kohagit: Bug 6452: Use placeholders in sql <[…]d58358d3564cb0aac> / Bug 6452 : Use placeholders in sql but makepayment seems dead code ? <[…]f6f22aeb3cc0eb648>
19:13 wizzyrea oleonard with the smackdown
19:14 oleonard If only it would have an effect.
19:14 rangi hopefully users might take notice
19:15 oleonard I notice they also took out the list of translations. Presumably because they don't give a crap about anyone outside of their market.
19:15 wizzyrea supposedly "unmaintainable"
19:16 cait I have no problem with that
19:16 oleonard Of course it's unmaintainable. You have to have actual contributors to maintain translations.
19:16 cait yep
19:17 rangi[…]11-06-03#i_685127
19:18 rangi if anyone tries to say its koha, the facts beg to differ
19:19 rhcl you guys are really mean
19:21 wizzyrea a predatory company tricks people into believing their software is something it isn't, and *we* are the mean ones?
19:21 rangi are u trolling rhcl?
19:21 wizzyrea righteously indignant, possibly.
19:21 rhcl is now known as ketchup
19:24 sekjal rss feed for new commits?
19:24 rangi trolling--
19:24 rangi on gitweb sekjal
19:25 sekjal got it
19:27 jenkins_koha Starting build 5 for job Koha_3.4.x (previous build: SUCCESS)
19:27 Ahmuck joined #koha
19:34 Brooke joined #koha
19:34 wizzyrea sekjal++
19:34 Brooke 0/
19:39 nengard left #koha
19:43 collum left #koha
19:47 adnc cait weisst du was aus 3.4 für debian geworden ist
19:48 cait Ich weiss es nicht genau - frag doch rangi
19:48 adnc rangi
19:48 adnc hello, any news to koha debian 3.4
19:49 rangi pushed another patch to do with it
19:49 rangi eythian is who u need to ask not me
19:50 adnc ohh
19:50 adnc eythian ping
19:51 cait eythian is a bit hard to catch for us Europeans :)
19:51 Brooke it is Saturday
19:52 Brooke man's got to have his beer sometime.
19:53 adnc uyy
19:53 sekjal beer?
19:53 wahanui rumour has it beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy
19:53 rangi they invited this thing
19:53 cait ?
19:53 rangi called email
19:53 rangi :)
19:53 cait ah
19:53 cait invented
19:53 rangi yes
19:54 rangi autocorrect fail
19:54 adnc left #koha
19:54 Brooke dyac!
19:54 rangi linda++
19:55 Brooke indeed!
19:55 Brooke linda++
19:55 huginn` New commit(s) needsignoff: [Bug 6453] The "Compare barcodes list to results" functionnality of can't find barcodes <[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6453>
19:55 Brooke go you patch writin' people :D
19:55 rangi cait ill upload a photo
19:55 rangi shows why im using my phone
19:57 rangi check my flickr
19:58 rangi
19:59 cait :)
20:01 rangi brb gotta feed the natives
20:01 oleonard left #koha
20:02 * Brooke perks up at the offer of venison stew.
20:09 Brooke[…]l-conference.html
20:19 talljoy joined #koha
20:19 Brooke 0/
20:23 jenkins_koha Project Koha_master build #277: SUCCESS in 1 h 11 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]/Koha_master/277/
20:23 jenkins_koha * semarie-koha: Bug 6452 : Use placeholders in sql but makepayment seems dead code ?
20:23 jenkins_koha * semarie-koha: Bug 6452: Use placeholders in sql
20:23 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6452 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Missing SQL placeholders
20:27 skushner joined #koha
20:27 Brooke 0/
20:27 rangi right cornflaked and bananaed
20:28 cait semarie++
20:29 rangi haven't heard anything back from the russians yet
20:29 wizzyrea and yet their site claims we haven't responded in over 90 days
20:30 wizzyrea (along with everyone else they report security claims for)
20:30 rangi but Sébastien has found some issues that we are fixing
20:30 wizzyrea ^^ that is good though
20:30 rangi yep
20:30 wizzyrea maybe he'll find the one they did ^.^
20:31 rangi :)
20:32 rangi once the kids are asleep tonight ill work on some fixes
20:32 rangi nothing too major but definitely issues
20:34 rangi semarie++
20:35 Brooke left #koha
20:36 jenkins_koha Project Koha_3.4.x build #5: SUCCESS in 1 h 8 mn: http://jenkins.koha-community.[…]job/Koha_3.4.x/5/
20:36 jenkins_koha * 6429: Sync history/about
20:36 jenkins_koha * 6429: Sync history/about
20:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6429 : Fixing numbering of developers
20:36 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Add unit tests to ensure bug 5683 doesn't reappear
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6429 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---,, ASSIGNED , Updating development team in about
20:36 jenkins_koha * jcamins: Bug 5683 follow-up: calls to ModBiblio can still fail
20:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Fixing permissions, no need for this file to be executable
20:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 5918 : Use the default messaging preferences if the user does not select any
20:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 - Keeping history page up to date
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5683 critical, PATCH-Sent, ---, jcamins, REOPENED , can corrupt records
20:36 jenkins_koha * ruth: Bug 6362: fixes display to re-embed items in OPAC MARC view
20:36 jenkins_koha * fridolyn.somers: BUG6436 Don't allow deletion of an itemtype used in items.itype
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5918 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, kyle.m.hall, NEW , When AddPatronLists is set to "general" and EnhancedMessagingPreferences is set, messaging prefs not copied from defaults
20:36 jenkins_koha * Chris Cormack: Bug 6350 Adding Fridolyn Somers to the history
20:36 jenkins_koha * semarie-koha: Bug 6452 : Use placeholders in sql but makepayment seems dead code ?
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6350 trivial, P5, ---, nengard, NEW , Bug for tracking updates to the history file
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6362 enhancement, PATCH-Sent, ---, ruth, ASSIGNED , Fix MARC display in OPAC
20:36 jenkins_koha * semarie-koha: Bug 6452: Use placeholders in sql
20:36 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6452 major, PATCH-Sent, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Missing SQL placeholders
20:39 wizzyrea what table is 952$f stored in?
20:40 wizzyrea table/field
20:40 cait what is the description?
20:40 wizzyrea (coded location qualifier)
20:40 cait ah
20:40 cait nowhere
20:40 wizzyrea ?!
20:40 cait so probably goes in moresubfieldsxml
20:40 cait mtj had a bug for that I think
20:40 cait all items fields that arenot mapped go into the xml field
20:41 rangi yep
20:41 wizzyrea cait++ thanks
20:42 cait :)
20:43 sekjal okay, have a good weekend, #koha!  time to get a little rest...
20:43 sekjal left #koha
20:45 library_systems_guy left #koha
21:00 pianohacker joined #koha
21:00 pianohacker hola
21:00 wahanui hola, pianohacker
21:01 cait hi pianohacker
21:01 pianohacker hi cait
21:02 rangi Hi pianohacker
21:02 pianohacker hey chris
21:03 pianohacker less stressed today, won't try to throw git-bz out the window again :)
21:04 rangi have u done much python?
21:04 pianohacker not recently as much, but I've done a fair amount
21:04 rangi it should be any easy change and call put it in the gitorious repo
21:04 pianohacker love the language, especially in comparison to perl
21:04 pianohacker ah, right
21:05 rangi and send it upstream too of course :)
21:05 pianohacker of course
21:05 Ahmuck left #koha
21:09 Ahmuck joined #koha
21:19 talljoy left #koha
21:20 rangi hmmm
21:21 rangi matariki starts too
21:21 rangi
21:21 rangi time to plant kumara :)
21:21 larryb left #koha
21:21 wizzyrea :D
21:29 ketchup and tomatoes to make homemade ketchup
21:29 ketchup is it safe now?
21:29 ketchup is now known as rhcl
21:30 wizzyrea depends on your definition of 'safe'
21:30 wizzyrea ;)
21:33 rhcl is now known as mustard
21:33 JesseM left #koha
21:34 skushner left #koha
21:39 rangi bug 6454
21:39 huginn` Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=6454 enhancement, P5, ---, gmcharlt, NEW , Searching  by callnumber uses callnum,wrdl not callnum,phr
21:39 rangi yay!!
21:39 rangi libraries_reporting_bugs_and_​attempting_to_fix_them_too++
21:40 cait :)
21:41 rangi sekjal++ #patches passed qa
21:42 wizzyrea niiice
21:45 rangi[…]_uid=1000-0000790
21:48 NateC left #koha
21:49 cait small_suitcase--
21:49 rangi hehe
21:49 Brooke joined #koha
21:50 cait hmpf!
21:50 Brooke kia ora
21:51 rangi heya Brooke
21:51 Brooke :)
21:53 cait will worry about it in the morning
21:53 cait good night all
21:53 Brooke cheers
21:53 cait left #koha
22:09 mustard is now known as rhcl
22:10 rhcl so what say we wrote a few little py and php scripts for a project, and they are pretty simple w/ less than 50 lines in each. How much mass do you need before you attach a license to it (either the individual scripts or the project?)
22:11 pianohacker I'd say ~250 as a rough guideline
22:12 rangi as soon as u want to release it
22:12 pianohacker wouldn't the best guideline be "if I care what people do with this, it's time to attach a license"
22:12 rangi yeah
22:12 rangi I want to release it, so I better license it
22:12 rhcl This is semi-web based, I guess I need to look at the agpl.
22:13 rangi gpl3 is my default
22:13 rhcl I thought you were one of the AGPL advocates?
22:14 rangi agpl3 yep
22:14 rangi where it makes sense
22:16 rangi lots of the things I write are commandline driven gpl3 works just fine for that
22:17 rhcl This is our children's computer project. aogle has done some really good work with it.
22:18 rangi excellent
22:19 rangi ull have to look into what license the stuff you are building on is
22:19 rangi and how linked etx
22:19 rangi etc even
22:20 rangi (if there are links)
22:21 rhcl the games are all local executables and not really part of the project per se, but they are all currently listed in a MySql db for various reasons. He has the scripts and some server-side HTML code to generate the interface.
22:21 rangi ahh prolly safe to license that anyway u want then
22:21 rhcl There are outside links to sites like pbs kids
22:21 rangi *nod*
22:22 rangi its links in the code, like static linked libraries, sounds like nothing like that to worry about
22:22 rhcl yea, so I was thinking
22:23 rangi be something Ill want to play with too :)
22:23 rhcl I have this notion that there should be a complete suite of complimentary library systems, like Koha, DSpace, Libki and a children's computer
22:23 rangi I have 2 testers
22:23 rangi put in and mahara too
22:23 rangi and that would rule
22:24 rangi so u can give all ur users a eporfolio
22:24 rangi portfolio even
22:24 rhcl first I've heard of it
22:24 rangi mahara?
22:25 rhcl yea
22:25 rangi
22:26 rhcl yea, I'm looking at it now
22:27 rangi I know in nz
22:27 rangi public libraries get used a lot by jobseekers
22:28 rangi mahara let's them build a resume and have different 'views' for different audiences, which they can print etc
22:28 rhcl I'll check it out.
22:29 rhcl OK, Friday's over, time for chow. Later everybody...
22:30 rhcl left #koha
22:34 pianohacker does anyone know of any wiki software that has well integrated ldap/sso?
22:36 pianohacker rangi: this mahara software looks _perfectly_ designed for an academic environment
22:36 Brooke that's what it's meant for ;)
22:36 Brooke moodle + mahara = cool beans for Uni
22:37 * Brooke shivers at the thought of anitsirk meeting up with Linda Smith.
22:38 Brooke[…]/mahara-tutorials
22:38 Brooke <3 mah alma mater. <3 it.
22:39 rangi nz kids can get a portfolio at myportfolio
22:39 rangi follows them from kindegarten to uni
22:40 Brooke that's awesome
22:45 rangi but no reason a library can't offer the same for its community
22:45 rangi you can export and put ur data in another mahara of course
22:50 aogle left #koha
22:59 Brooke a yep
23:02 Soupermanito joined #koha
23:02 pianohacker bye all, concert time
23:02 rangi Cya
23:04 pianohacker left #koha
23:05 Brooke dinnah :D
23:05 Brooke left #koha
23:10 pianohacker joined #koha
23:21 pianohacker left #koha
23:35 hankbank joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary