IRC log for #koha, 2023-02-08

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:44 fridolin joined #koha
01:51 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
01:55 dpk_ joined #koha
04:10 ProfDrOsmanBarre[m] joined #koha
04:10 ProfDrOsmanBarre[m] Hello, We need a software to run a library in Somalia, Mogadishu
04:11 ProfDrOsmanBarre[m] Any body home to answer
05:11 Nemo_bis ProfDrOsmanBarre[m]: Koha may help
06:06 fridolin joined #koha
06:22 dpk__ joined #koha
06:26 thibaud_g joined #koha
06:42 reiveune joined #koha
06:43 reiveune hello
06:43 wahanui niihau, reiveune
07:04 cait joined #koha
07:37 bshum joined #koha
07:44 Oak joined #koha
07:47 alex_ joined #koha
07:48 alex_ Bonjour
07:48 wahanui hey, alex_
08:09 cait joined #koha
08:29 magnuse \o/
08:51 tundunf joined #koha
09:03 fridolin left #koha
09:23 PedroAmorim[m] hi
09:29 thibaud_g joined #koha
09:37 thibaud_glt joined #koha
09:43 magnuse_ joined #koha
09:55 thibaud_g joined #koha
10:00 thibaud_g joined #koha
10:22 magnuse__ joined #koha
11:13 tundunf hi all! :)
11:16 oleonard_ joined #koha
11:24 khall joined #koha
11:52 tcohen hola #koha o/
12:00 hammat_ joined #koha
12:30 cait hello #koha
12:33 alex_ joined #koha
13:07 oleonard joined #koha
13:32 pastebot "oleonard" at pasted "KTD just won't work for me today" (22 lines) at
13:32 Joubu @later tell tcohen it's issue_61, updating the commit message!
13:32 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
13:34 khall joined #koha
13:38 khall_ joined #koha
13:44 emlam joined #koha
13:57 marie-luce joined #koha
13:57 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:17 tcohen joined #koha
14:30 caroline I feel like there is something lost in translation for the fines thread on the mailing list... It's like we're all talking about the same thing but not in the same terms so we think it's not?
14:33 caroline I don't see how bug 32905 is different from bug 32271
14:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32905 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Fine calculation issue in 22.05
14:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32271 major, P5 - low, ---, geraud.frappier, Signed Off , Overdue fines cap (amount) set to 0.00 when editing rule
14:40 * oleonard pretends not to notice messages about fines
14:41 caroline Someone also replied (I think just to me? I can't find the message on the archive) saying it was not 32271 but "maxfine"
14:42 caroline maxfine "when you edit the rule"... there is no maxfine when you edit the rule...
14:43 caroline sorry I'm confused and I needed to get it out :)
14:43 oleonard tcohen Joubu, do you have any advice for diagnosing why KTD is crashing today?
14:43 oleonard I've tried several times, done all the pruning and pulling I know how to do
14:43 thd joined #koha
14:44 tcohen oleonard: can you be a bit more specific?
14:44 oleonard tcohen:
14:44 tcohen looking, oleonard
14:44 Joubu it needs to rebuild
14:45 Joubu did you pull?
14:45 tcohen @later tell thd I've updated the test wiki to Canasta 1.2.2. Fixed a bug they have and tweaked the mounts too, please check if it works ok, in which case we can upgrade the production site
14:45 huginn tcohen: The operation succeeded.
14:46 tcohen oleonard: echo $KOHA_IMAGE
14:46 oleonard Joubu: I did, "ktd --es6 pull"
14:46 oleonard KOHA_IMAGE = master-buster
14:46 tcohen I'm using master-bullseye and have no problems
14:47 tcohen will try to reproduce your problem but my internet sucks
14:47 tcohen doing a KOHA_IMAGE=master-buster ktd pull
14:50 Joubu tcohen: isn't files/git_hooks copied to /kohadevbox/git_hooks?
14:51 Joubu oleonard: update ktd src
14:52 Joubu rebase against ktd/master and try again
14:55 tuxayo Meeting in 5min!
14:57 tcohen marcelr++ # all the details
15:01 tuxayo #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 8 February 2023
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Feb  8 15:01:29 2023 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_8_february_2023'
15:01 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_8_February_2023 Today's agenda
15:01 tuxayo #topic Introductions
15:02 tuxayo rmaints?
15:02 wahanui it has been said that rmaints is liliputech, wainui, lukeg and ashimema
15:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:02 tuxayo qa_team?
15:02 wahanui qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp,  lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
15:02 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi
15:02 lukeg joined #koha
15:02 AgustinMoyano[m] #info Agustin Moyano
15:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:02 khall_ #info Kyle Hall, ByWater Solutions
15:02 paulderscheid[m] #info Paul Derscheid, LMSCloud GmbH, Germany
15:02 ashimema #info Martin Renoize, PTFS Europe, UK
15:03 * ashimema will need to duck out at some point for school runs etc.. and is a bit distracted with another ongoing meeting
15:03 lauraesca[m] #info Laura Escamilla, ByWater Solutions
15:03 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:03 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:03 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo Antartica, France
15:04 emlam #info Emily Lamancusa, MCPL, USA
15:06 tuxayo #topic Announcements
15:06 tuxayo Anything to announce that doesn't fit better the other topics?
15:07 tuxayo #topic Update from the Release manager (22.11)
15:07 tuxayo tcohen: 🎙️
15:08 cait over 50 registrations for hackfest in Marseille .)
15:09 Joubu Can we make this meeting a bit more... dynamic?
15:09 tcohen Not many updates
15:09 Joubu so we don't spend 2h :)
15:09 tcohen sorry, I was answering something personal
15:09 thd :)
15:09 tuxayo #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:09 tuxayo rmaints?
15:09 wahanui rmaints is probably liliputech, wainui, lukeg and ashimema
15:09 tcohen Not many updated, worked on wiki update this morning
15:09 cait and I was in the wrong topic - too slow
15:10 tcohen and resumed pushing.
15:10 tcohen looking closely at the conversations about compiled assets in the source tree
15:10 ashimema Likewise, we're bashing through the queue
15:10 tuxayo oops, go on tcohen, rmaints can give info also
15:10 tcohen we are removing them soon, updates to come
15:10 ashimema nice to have tcohen back and pushing to master.. my team are getting into the groove now
15:10 cait tcohen++ koha++ :)
15:10 ashimema rmaint scripts are getting refined and improved with each new member on my team taking things on
15:11 ashimema tcohen++ for all his work dockerising the release-tools
15:11 tuxayo nice
15:11 ashimema awesome on the compiled assets front tcohen
15:11 ashimema I'm excited to get that one pushed
15:11 cait also tcohen++ for the ktd updates - with the last batch of changes I am much faster because not constantly struggling permission errors
15:12 tcohen help with the README is welcome
15:12 tcohen I'm training a junior dev
15:12 tcohen and the first portion he could follow
15:12 emlam I would love to help with the README if I can ask a million questions...
15:12 tcohen but things need a tidy
15:13 tcohen emlam: I love answering things
15:13 tcohen so, go ahead :-D
15:13 emlam I'm just getting the hang of using it so the perspective on what's helpful for a new user is fresh for me
15:13 emlam Awesome! :0
15:13 emlam :)
15:13 cait I think it's great - we need to take that feedback and make things better
15:14 tuxayo emlam: if you have ideas, find some stuff confusing or find issues, you can open a ticket here:[…]g-docker/-/issues
15:15 tuxayo anything else to add?
15:15 tcohen only
15:15 emlam got it - will do
15:15 tcohen that you all can contact me if you need to talk about your devs
15:15 * ashimema is cleaning up readme's for some of our other infrastructure
15:15 ashimema so I can look at ktd too
15:15 tcohen it is better to do it like that, specially if some dev is stuck and imporant for you
15:16 ashimema it's already on the list to slim it down a bit and clarify some points
15:16 tcohen ashimema: I'd like to have a separate 'advanced' file for tricks and stuff
15:16 ashimema yeah.. I was thinking along those line
15:16 ashimema or maybe even a gitlab wiki site
15:16 ashimema there's in the repo in another branch if I remember correctly
15:16 tcohen \o/
15:18 tuxayo moving on?
15:18 tcohen yes please
15:18 tuxayo #topic Updates from the QA team
15:18 tuxayo qa_team?
15:18 wahanui qa_team is, like, cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp,  lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
15:19 tuxayo There was testing sessions spread over 3 days as part of the hackathon of KohaLa (french Koha users association).
15:19 tuxayo 3 attendants, 2 new people trained on patch testing. Results for attendants: 11 tickets out of the Needs Signoff queue: 5 signoffs and 6 failed QA. And 2 attempts with a comment let on the ticket to ask for more details about how to test.
15:20 ashimema tuxayo++
15:21 ashimema really happy these sessions are happening.. and glad to hear they're slowly picking up attendance a bit
15:21 cait oh sorry
15:22 cait I am also happy to see some movement on the queue and hope we'll get below 100 soon
15:22 wahanui okay, cait.
15:22 cait and then even lower
15:22 cait the number of bad bugs is a little worrying, to we shoudl focus on those to get stable more stable
15:22 cait and then there are some bugs sitting since December I'd like to see moving
15:22 cait but overall, we seem to pick up speed, which is good and please continue :)
15:23 tuxayo ashimema: it being part of another even helps a lot to have people planning time for it. Otherwise it's tough to get people ^^
15:23 tuxayo moving on?
15:23 * ashimema has been trying.. but you keep filing it back up again cait ;P
15:24 tuxayo #topic Status of roadmap projects
15:24 cait sorry, not sorry :)
15:25 tuxayo «ERM/Vue/Cypress »
15:25 tuxayo - Run yarn build commands after reset_all (waiting for approval)[…]c4dev/-/issues/60
15:25 tuxayo - Issue #60 - Run build_js if available otherwise build (waiting for approval)[…]merge_requests/58
15:25 tuxayo - Issue #62 - Run cypress tests with --run-all-tests (waiting for approval)[…]merge_requests/59
15:25 tuxayo - Bug 32609 - Remove compiled files from src (waiting for QA)
15:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32609 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Remove compiled files from src
15:25 tuxayo - Bug 32806 - Some Vue files need to be moved for better reusability (In discussion!)
15:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32806 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Some Vue files need to be moved for better reusability
15:25 tuxayo - Bug 32898 - Cypress tests are failing (Waiting for SO)
15:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32898 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Cypress tests are failing
15:25 tuxayo lots of stuff going on! :)
15:26 Joubu lot of help needed
15:26 tuxayo comments from people involved?
15:26 Joubu we need more help to make them move forward
15:26 Joubu it's all related to removing the compiled files, js and css
15:26 Joubu different layers need to be adjust to prevent crashes, so misc4dev and ktd, and finally koha
15:27 Joubu there 2 follow-ups to improve the current situation 32806 and 32898
15:27 Joubu and I forgot[…]cker/-/issues/311
15:27 Joubu we don't run cypress tests, and we missed regressions
15:27 Joubu there is code in all of that, all we need to testing
15:28 Joubu I will continue with the other topics, just raise hand if you have question
15:29 Joubu * git hooks
15:29 Joubu I sent an email to the list, we now have pre-commit hook that will installed automagically for ktd users
15:29 Joubu currently it's broken, so don't pull your ktd images!
15:29 Joubu but it will get fixed very soon
15:29 Joubu * ktd DB persistency (waiting for approval)
15:30 Joubu several people asked that, it will allow to keep the DB from one run to another
15:30 cait i like that
15:30 Joubu code is there, just need to be tested and merged
15:30 cait but haven# thad time to test
15:30 Joubu * CI/Jenkins
15:30 Joubu I sent an email to the QA team already, nothing new here
15:30 Joubu Clean of the job list (done)
15:31 Joubu it was messy, not it's a bit better. Less jobs, better coverage
15:31 tcohen about the git hooks,[…]pelines/771428468
15:31 Joubu Test of Pipeline (https://jenkins.koha-community[…]b/test_pipeline/) (to improve later)
15:31 ashimema I can work through testing that lot tomorrow..
15:31 ashimema someone remind me 😜
15:31 Joubu I had a try at testing pipeline's jenkins. The idea is to not run all the jobs at first, but only if the big one succeeds
15:31 tcohen leaving to feed the little beasts, sorry
15:31 Joubu (done, can be used from ktd!)
15:31 Joubu[…]cker/-/issues/320[…]c4dev/-/issues/58
15:31 tuxayo Joubu++
15:31 Joubu there is an awesome new script in ktd,
15:32 Joubu use --help and it will tell you all what it can do
15:32 Joubu --run-all-tests
15:32 Joubu and you will run all tests like you are jenkins
15:32 Joubu (this is pushed already, you can enjoy it now)
15:32 Joubu * RabbitMQ/worker (waiting for something)
15:32 Joubu several things pushed, but more are coming, and need help for those
15:32 Joubu Bug 32305 - Background worker doesn't check jobs receive from rabbitmq are in 'new' state
15:32 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32305 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Background worker doesn't check jobs receive from rabbitmq are in 'new' state
15:33 Joubu Bug 32395 - Why do we send jobs params to the broker
15:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32395 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, In Discussion , Why do we send jobs params to the broker
15:33 Joubu Bug 32594 - Add a dedicated ES indexing background worker
15:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32594 critical, P5 - low, ---, nick, Needs Signoff , Add a dedicated ES indexing background worker
15:33 Joubu The last one has code and need to be tested. I think it's a great improvement for production system
15:33 Joubu * Bugzilla
15:33 Joubu Bug 32614 - Highlight important comments
15:33 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32614 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, In Discussion , Highlight important comments
15:33 Joubu If a comment has the "important" tag, the comment will be highlighted. No excuse to not read a comment
15:34 Joubu that will be useful for QAers, RM and RMaints. No need to read all the comments, the important ones should have the info you need to know!
15:34 Joubu that's all for me
15:34 AgustinMoyano[m] Joubu++
15:34 emlam Joubu++
15:34 tuxayo important tag is very nice, will avoid some issues we ran in the past
15:35 tuxayo #topic Actions from last meeting
15:35 tuxayo «cait add to RMaint documentation to run the test suite locally for security release»
15:35 tuxayo Done, if I recall correctly
15:36 cait yes
15:36 cait but can we add another?
15:36 cait we shoudl add the important tag to the wiki
15:36 cait it's a koha specific Bugzilla thing
15:36 cait and it hink we have another custom tag... obsolete?
15:36 tuxayo Like a category to some pages in the wiki?
15:37 tuxayo would having them listed as such in the homepage be enough?
15:39 Joubu I think cait wants to add a note about the 'important' tag, to the RMaint doc
15:39 Joubu we should move on
15:40 tuxayo ok
15:40 tuxayo I needed to find a link:
15:40 Joubu #action cait add info about the 'important' tag to RMaint documentation
15:40 tuxayo «Please reply to the mailing list about Forgejo/Gitea fork and what we should do»
15:40 tuxayo see and previous month for the begininng https://lists.koha-community.o[…]ruary/thread.html
15:41 tuxayo «Guidelines for SQL - please provide feedback on the mailing list https://lists.koha-community.o[…]nuary/048016.html»
15:41 tuxayo #action tcohen To schedule/call a "CSRF day" to work on related patches together (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).
15:41 tuxayo #action tcohen To draft proposal for master→main change and draft of action list (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).
15:41 tuxayo «oleonard ashimema Draft in the developer handbook how to form our modals. With template of a simple case and a case with form inside. Update: focus is currently on staff interface redesign changes, see the draft style guide:[…]-styleguide-draft (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).»
15:41 tuxayo Anything new about the previous item?
15:41 ashimema sorry. was distrected
15:42 ashimema nope.. not managed to move that forward yet
15:42 ashimema but it's still on the list and is an open tab in my browser
15:42 ashimema[…]-styleguide-draft
15:42 Joubu IMO we should move to forgejo in a couple of months
15:42 tuxayo #action oleonard ashimema Draft in the developer handbook how to form our modals. With template of a simple case and a case with form inside. Update: focus is currently on staff interface redesign changes, see the draft style guide:[…]-styleguide-draft (previously deferred until after the 22.11 release).
15:42 ashimema would love some input on the questions etc there
15:42 ashimema forgejo would be good
15:43 paulderscheid[m] Is self-hosted imperative here?
15:43 Joubu yes
15:43 Joubu I think so
15:43 paulderscheid[m] Alright
15:43 Joubu it has always been
15:43 Joubu and we have a server already, there is nothing to do
15:43 paulderscheid[m] The forgejo ftw
15:43 Joubu *almost* nothing
15:43 paulderscheid[m] *Then
15:44 Joubu we need to vote that at some point however
15:44 tuxayo Migration from gitea to forgejo shouldn't be much trouble. Still some work for the person doing it.
15:45 tuxayo Has the dust settled enough on the fork between the two projects?
15:45 cait oh i got actioned... was htinking about the Bugzilla docs... but maybe both?
15:45 Joubu one is transparent, the other is not
15:46 tuxayo > was htinking about the Bugzilla docs
15:46 tuxayo So updating the wikipage about using bugzilla to mention the important tag?
15:47 Joubu #action Joubu we need to vote on forgejo move at some point
15:48 tuxayo People that haven't done it (including me) go to the koha-devel topic and give feedback on the proposal to moving to Gitlab, it's a completely different plan
15:49 Joubu it's not a proposal :D
15:49 Joubu It misses the "why" we would need to migrate to gitlab
15:50 Joubu we did change the git hosting to something more modern already few years ago
15:50 Joubu anyway, I don't have the energy for that right now :D
15:50 tuxayo Me too, there would be reasons but they are not mentioned in the discussion so I'm not sure why
15:50 tuxayo #info opinions needed to decide the future of our git hosting https://lists.koha-community.o[…]ruary/thread.html
15:50 * ashimema runs off for the school run/parents evening
15:50 tuxayo moving on?
15:50 tuxayo #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:50 tuxayo «ACK pre vs post processing for background jobs »
15:50 tuxayo «    Bug 32573 - should ACK a message before it forks and runs the job suggests we should ACK of STOMP messages before we begin processing which would avoid the issue 30 minute time issue among other problems. It appears that the STOMP documentation and the RabbitMQ documentation do not agree. We should have a vote if needed.»
15:50 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32573 normal, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Pushed to oldstable , should ACK a message before it forks and runs the job
15:51 Joubu it's pushed
15:51 tuxayo lol
15:51 tuxayo good then ^^"
15:51 khall_ indeed!
15:51 thd tcohen has updated to MediaWiki Canasta 1.22.  I have not found any new bugs.  People should look and remember that the test database is not current.
15:51 tuxayo Anything else to discussion before closing?
15:52 oleonard Anyone know what happened with Catalyst Academy?
15:52 oleonard They announced it but then I didn't hear anything more
15:53 tuxayo :o
15:53 paulderscheid[m] Server for penpot is already running, hadn't had the time to set it up, though.
15:53 paulderscheid[m] If anyone knows a way around unprivileged docker containers, hit me up.
15:53 paulderscheid[m] *his way around
15:54 tuxayo paulderscheid++
15:55 paulderscheid[m] or her way, of course :D
15:55 AgustinMoyano[m] There is a rule in qa scripts that don't allow for backticks be used in js files
15:55 AgustinMoyano[m] That was reported in bug 24725
15:55 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24725 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, CLOSED FIXED, xgettext does not support (yet) ES template literals
15:55 bag joined #koha
15:55 paulderscheid[m] template literals much o.o
15:56 AgustinMoyano[m] To test if it works you can:
15:56 AgustinMoyano[m] git clone --depth 1 --branch import_source_vue
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m] sorry
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m]
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m] run qa where it will tell you that it has backticks
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m] and then run
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m] /kohadevbox/koha/misc/translator$ perl translate update es-ES
15:57 AgustinMoyano[m] you will see that it runs ok
15:57 paulderscheid[m] AFAIK support was added. Only doesn't work in JSX.
15:58 paulderscheid[m] AgustinMoyano[m]: Yes, that
15:59 Joubu AgustinMoyano[m]: let remove it and see if it causes troubles..
16:00 Joubu
16:00 Joubu The fix is contained in gettext 0.20.2.
16:00 AgustinMoyano[m] Joubu: Ok, later I'll ask you how we cand do it
16:01 Joubu AgustinMoyano[m]:[…]hA/File/
16:01 Joubu it's there, just remove check_ES_template_literals and related code from qa-test-tools
16:01 AgustinMoyano[m] great!
16:02 tuxayo Nice! so let's close?
16:02 Joubu yes
16:02 Joubu ktd is fixed, you can pull now!
16:02 tuxayo #topic Set time of next meeting
16:02 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 22 February 2023, 22 UTC
16:03 tuxayo As for next meeting on this timeslot: Thursday 9 march? Because March 8 (International Women's Day) is a public holiday in several countries according to Wikipedia.
16:03 tuxayo And as for France, I see on walls in Marseille calls for women to be on strike that day. And I know there will be big demonstrations open to anyone.
16:05 paulderscheid[m] LGTM
16:05 tuxayo #info for this time slot, next meeting is: 09 March 2023, 15 UTC
16:05 tuxayo #endmeeting
16:05 huginn Meeting ended Wed Feb  8 16:05:34 2023 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:05 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-02-08-15.01.html
16:05 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]3-02-08-15.01.txt
16:05 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]08-15.01.log.html
16:05 tuxayo Thanks all for the attendance.
16:05 cait oleonard: sorry, missed your question: no academy this year - i checked with rangi
16:05 oleonard tuxayo++
16:06 paulderscheid[m] tuxayo++ all++
16:06 oleonard cait: Did he say why? I'm just curious
16:07 cait I think they didn't get enough participants
16:07 oleonard That's too bad.
16:08 tuxayo Gotta go get a parcel, then we will see if the meeting-wiki script works for me ^^
16:08 tuxayo Joubu++ thanks for the fixes
16:08 Joubu try it before :D
16:10 emlam joubu++ also excited for KTD fixes/improvements :)
16:18 reiveune bye
16:18 reiveune left #koha
16:34 oleonard Oh my tab wrapper stuff is pushed! Thanks tcohen
16:36 tcohen oleonard: my pleasure
16:56 cait left #koha
17:50 cait joined #koha
17:51 cait joined #koha
17:53 cait joined #koha
18:58 Dyrcona joined #koha
19:25 davidnind A question for catalogers. For cataloguing plugin (used with 952$i Inventory number), the description says "...specific to AM123.." - what is AM123? I'm testing bug 32819 - paste with full description from the plugin to follow.
19:25 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32819 trivial, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Fix cataloguing/value_builder/
19:25 pastebot "davidnind" at pasted "Description for cataloguing plugin/value builder" (12 lines) at
19:55 tuxayo davidnind-way: meeting script worked for me also :)
19:55 tuxayo > processing Development_IRC_meeting_8_February_2023
19:55 tuxayo > 22 February 2023, 22 UTC at line 479.
19:55 tuxayo > 09 March 2023, 15 UTC at line 479.
19:55 tuxayo But it caught both #info Next meeting: 22 February 2023, 22 UTC`
19:56 tuxayo and #info for this time slot, next meeting is: 09 March 2023, 15 UTC
19:56 tuxayo The parsing is quite flexible. But we just have to avoid writing "next meeting" and it will be okay
20:00 tuxayo "#info For this timeslot, see you 09 March 2023, 15 UTC"
20:00 tuxayo That's the least terrible phrasing I got, any ideas from people knowing English better ^^"
20:02 davidnind Excellent!
20:02 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
20:02 davidnind Yeah, I think having only one "Next meeting" should do the trick
20:04 davidnind For the next next meeting putting in an #info makes sense as you suggest, for example: #info The meeting after this is scheduled for 09 March 2023, 15:00 UTC
20:08 davidnind You should ask Joubu for calendar access, if you don't have already - have added to the calendar for 22 February
20:12 tuxayo >  for example: #info The meeting after this is scheduled for 09 March 2023, 15:00 UTC
20:12 tuxayo Ok, I'm noting this
20:14 tuxayo > for calendar access, if you don't have already - have added to the calendar for 22 February
20:14 tuxayo Thanks a lot for putting the 22 February in the calendar.
20:14 tuxayo It's not an access problem but that I not using a Google account ^^" Sorry for not helping on this.
20:16 davidnind No problem, happy to add!
20:19 tuxayo Thanks :)
20:19 tuxayo Chairing meetings wikipage updated so we have the way for noting the next next meeting without the script picking it up.
20:22 davidnind tuxayo++
20:23 tuxayo The 9 march meeting wikipage was created as a result of script confusion, I've emptied it and moved the content to the 22th feb. It is possible that the script will fail because the page will exist. So maybe still some manual work to do for the last time before having a reliable meeting workflow ^^
20:25 davidnind I don't have permission to delete - maybe Joubu or thd does?
20:51 tuxayo No worries, I'll sort the pages out in two weeks. No need to bother someone else.
21:24 JBoyer joined #koha
21:24 domm[m] Is there an easy way to have a (small) list of authorities (it's a special library with a small, well-defined set of TOPIC_TERM) selectable as a dropdown/selectbox in the biblio edit form? Similar to "authorized values", but fetching the data from authorities?
21:27 domm[m] I can think of some not-so-easy ways involving plugins & value_builders, but maybe there is an easier way?
21:31 caroline domm[m], not that I know of, sorry...
21:31 caroline maybe they could have an authorized value category, then click Link authorities automatically? It wouldn't manage subfields however
21:32 thd joined #koha
21:35 domm[m] ok, maybe authorized values will be enough; if not, we'll create a dynamic cataloguing plugin (which will have to replace the text input with a selectbox..)
21:35 domm[m] caroline: thanks
21:54 bag joined #koha
22:33 cait joined #koha
23:16 cait1 joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary