IRC log for #koha, 2023-01-31

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:36 JBoyer joined #koha
05:12 caroline_catlady joined #koha
05:17 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
05:52 Oak joined #koha
07:21 ashimema dcook++
07:22 ashimema Thanks for running with the makefile stuff dcook. I ran out of time to get further with that yesterday, so great you picked it up and got it refined:-)
07:24 thibaud_g joined #koha
07:30 reiveune joined #koha
07:31 reiveune hello
07:41 magnuse \o/
07:49 cait joined #koha
07:51 cait1 joined #koha
07:57 alex_ joined #koha
09:39 KotH a wonderful good morning
09:40 KotH i seem to have, again, problems with the db update. it seems like some updates were not applied correctly
09:40 KotH where does koha store what version the db is supposed to be?
09:44 Joubu yes, in
09:45 ashimema we compare the version in to the version in the system preferences table
09:48 KotH merci!
09:49 KotH hmm.. my current version is set as 22.1102000 but some changes from where not applied :-/
09:50 KotH is there a way to check whether the db schema is consistent with the supposed version?
09:52 Joubu select value from systempreferences where variable="version";
09:52 KotH yes, that returns 22.1102000
09:53 Joubu do you have access to the Koha UI?
09:53 Joubu ha
09:53 KotH yes
09:53 Joubu your DB is missing a column?
09:54 KotH yes, items.exclude_from_local_holds_priority, deleteditems.exclude_from_local_holds_priority and categories.exclude_from_local_holds_priority were missing
09:54 KotH after running the commands by hand, things work fine again
09:55 Joubu hum weird, you should have seen error during the upgrade process
09:56 Joubu since the upgrade is stopped if something went wrong, before we just displayed a warning that was easy to miss/ignore
09:56 KotH could be that i missed it then
09:56 Joubu you should dump the DB structure and compare it with the expected kohastructure.sql
09:57 KotH thanks, will do that!
09:57 Joubu koha-dump --schema-only
09:58 Joubu and compare the output with installer/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql
09:58 Joubu you will certainly notice a lot of difference because of the COMMENT part
09:58 Joubu The patch on bug 32334 is supposed to help in your situation, but it's not integrated into master yet
09:58 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32334 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Needs Signoff , Sync comments in database with schema
10:05 KotH grmpf... there are quite a few differences
10:05 KotH some of them cosmetic (like missing comments on colums) but quite a few are not
10:06 KotH i have to look a bit more closely, though, as the two files are not ordered the same way :-/
11:09 Joubu tcohen: regarding onboarding.t failures from last yesterday, looks like there is a network issue on Docker_7, any ideas how to investigate the problem?
11:10 Joubu s/last//
11:10 Joubu there is only one yesterday, right? :D
11:27 KotH depends on the timeline :-P
11:34 PedroAmorim[m] oleonard: I was able to reproduce the issue you were having with https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=30719 and I'm working on a fix. Thanks!
11:34 huginn Bug 30719: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pedro.amorim, Needs Signoff , ILL should provide the ability to create batch requests
11:36 oleonard o/
11:42 mtj hi Joubu, would you be interested in fixing some of the failing builds on docker7?
11:45 mtj d7 seems to fail when running newer OS images, like deb12,ub22 etc
11:45 Joubu mtj: Koha_Master was failing there yesterday
11:45 Joubu mtj: what should I do?
11:46 mtj hm, d3 seems to be ok... lets compare os/packages between d3 and d7
12:06 tcohen hi all
12:06 tcohen mtj: should we just delete Docker_5?
12:07 tcohen it's been around too long disabled
12:08 mtj tcohen: its a mystery node - i cant remember who is the contact person for it
12:08 tcohen I'll go delete it
12:08 mtj its got an impressive uptime, nearly 2 years
12:08 tcohen I think it was joonas?
12:08 mtj aah ok
12:18 alex_ joined #koha
12:23 marcelr joined #koha
12:24 marcelr o/
12:27 mtj later tell khall_, hi, sorry to miss you yesterday
12:39 tcohen \o
12:44 PedroAmorim[m] oleonard: I created 32768 and added you the CC list I hope that's okay!
12:44 PedroAmorim[m] oleonard++
12:44 oleonard Yup!
12:46 magnuse bug 32768
12:46 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32768 trivial, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, Needs Signoff , Autocomplete suggestions container should always be on top of other UI elements
12:47 oleonard Anyone know if KTD can be configured to set an access_dirs setting?
13:04 tcohen why wouldn't
13:09 marieluce joined #koha
13:11 marieluce joined #koha
13:17 marieluce joined #koha
13:22 tcohen Joubu++
13:22 tcohen ashimema++
13:23 tcohen khall++
13:23 tcohen kidclamp++
13:23 tcohen matts++
13:23 tcohen love pushing this patches, you make it easy
13:27 Joubu Was it expected to enable captcha when editing a page on the wiki during the upgrade to the new version?
13:27 ashimema hmm
13:27 ashimema don't think so
13:27 ashimema I've not seen a captcha?
13:28 ashimema in other things.. can anyone remember what we decided regards page-section and h2 headings..
13:28 ashimema inside or outside?
13:29 Joubu it depends? :D
13:30 Joubu[…]-styleguide-draft
13:30 Joubu What about headings?
13:30 Joubu h1 should be outside of the page section, same for toolbars
13:30 Joubu h2... can be inside page section
13:30 Joubu "can"!
13:30 ashimema lol
13:30 ashimema thanks
13:30 ashimema I was just looking for my link to that page 🙂
13:30 ashimema We really need to get this style guide formalised a bit and written down somewhere proper
13:32 tcohen oh, it seems I missed interesting conversations
13:32 Joubu you missed everything!
13:33 ashimema lol
13:35 tcohen did you decide to go OpenAPIv3 and rewrite all .pl as Mojo controllers?????
13:37 khall joined #koha
13:51 tcohen cait++
13:51 lukeg joined #koha
13:57 tcohen Joubu: is there a 'Lazy RM list of things he should recap'
14:00 magnuse_ joined #koha
14:01 Joubu context? for the release?
14:07 tcohen I think I missed a dev meeting
14:07 tcohen and didn't know about that style guide draft either
14:09 Joubu this is older than the last dev meeting
14:09 tcohen exactly
14:09 tcohen :-D
14:10 tcohen ok, I've just pushed the Day.js patches
14:10 Joubu QA email from cait1, on Nov 1st
14:10 tcohen in case dev docs need tweaking
14:10 tcohen I will now shift my attention to the compiled files removal
14:11 Joubu I don't think so, we were not using momentjs directly anyway
14:11 Joubu tcohen: did you see ktd#61?
14:12 Joubu hum, maybe not 61
14:13 Joubu[…]erge_requests/410
14:13 Joubu 61 is for misc4dev -[…]merge_requests/57
14:18 magnuse__ joined #koha
14:19 cait1 reading back
14:20 Joubu tcohen, mtj: Docker_7 is now on D11
14:21 cait1 ah ok, no question, just mentions :)
14:22 ashimema Happy PQA day cait1
14:24 Joubu mtj: was it expected to have Koha_Master running on D7?
14:25 Joubu tcohen: you can clearly see why we need the pipeline stuff on jenkins, the number of jobs enqueued now is insane...
14:26 Joubu and it does not make sense to run all of them as we actually need the result of the last ones
14:27 tcohen I'm not sure what you mean Joubu, sorry
14:27 Joubu
14:27 tcohen yes yes
14:27 tcohen but
14:27 Joubu Koha_Master is running and another one is enqueued
14:27 tcohen each run is supposed to notify the patch authors they broke something
14:28 Joubu supposed to, the emails are not sent... :D
14:29 Joubu which is certainly a problem with the host config
14:29 tcohen err
14:29 Joubu does that mean you are going to push 1 bug at a time?
14:29 tcohen I tested it to work after the move
14:29 tcohen Joubu: hahaa
14:29 tcohen no
14:30 tcohen if we push a batch, all authors will be notified they might be culprit
14:30 Joubu 19:53:33 Sending e-mails to:
14:30 Joubu 19:53:33 ERROR: Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 25; timeout 60000
14:30 Joubu 19:53:33 com.sun.mail.util.MailConnectException: Couldn't connect to host, port: localhost, 25; timeout 60000;
14:31 tcohen that's super bad
14:31 tcohen how did it get reset
14:31 Joubu I would be in favor of less pushes, less builds.
14:31 Joubu anyway, not a discussion for now
14:32 tcohen I feel like pushing 20+ patches or so at a time is fine
14:33 ashimema I think my guys could do with reducing their pushes a bit..
14:33 Joubu then jenkins is stuck
14:33 mtj hi Joubu, perhaps an option is that *-full builds trigger all others?
14:33 ashimema whilst they're still new to it all they've been pushing a patch at a time and slowly building to a few patches.. time to get them up to around that 20 mark like Tomas suggests
14:33 Joubu and your day will be off when jenkins will publish the result, and master will be unstable until... tomorrow? 2 days later? who knows.
14:34 Joubu And this happens for stable as well
14:35 tcohen Joubu: do you think we should only trigger one task; and then, daily run a full pipeline that runs all the things?
14:35 mtj perhaps makes no sense to start all stable builds, until stable-full has passed?
14:36 Joubu I would go with triggering the pipeline when something is pushed (so 1 full, then small runs in parallel, and finally CPAN, like test_pipeline)
14:37 Joubu but we also need something to prevent rmaints from pushing several times in the same hour
14:37 mtj i like your idea Joubu
14:38 mtj perhaps hve jenkins cancel pending builds, if a new one is created
14:38 ashimema it would be trivial to change the rmaint builds to only check for pushes once an our
14:38 ashimema we use polling already.. set to every 5 minutes
14:38 mtj sure ^
14:39 ashimema but yeah.. I am trying to teach my team to slow down on pushes a bit 😜
14:39 Joubu the only thing that bothers me with the pipeline, is that CPAN will be shown green (the badge of the last build) if the pipeline failed
14:39 ashimema well.. group them rather than slow them
14:39 mtj we have a many options, just need to decide on the best strategy
14:40 Joubu ashimema: yes, but otoh you don't want to wait for 1h when you push something
14:40 Joubu well, 2 hours, 1 (max) that will trigger and 1 for the run
14:40 ashimema true
14:41 ashimema but then, at the moment because we queue up a tonne we're waiting well over that to get the latest build anyway
14:41 ashimema so it wouldn't actually make much difference in real terms right now
14:41 Joubu mtj: removing Koha_Master from D7, it's failing
14:41 Joubu and cancelling the current run
14:44 Joubu ashimema: unless we teach rmaints to reduce the number of pushes ;)
14:44 ashimema I'm on that already 😜
14:44 mtj
14:45 mtj we could give 'full' builds a high priority
14:46 mtj they go to the start of the pending build queue
14:48 Joubu and things are never processed, or very late.
14:54 cammat joined #koha
14:55 oleonard No takers on Bug 32605, eh?
14:55 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32605 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Restore some form styling from before the redesign
14:56 mtj Joubu: the lower priority builds run later, thats a good thing
14:57 cammat left #koha
15:17 Dyrcona joined #koha
15:20 tcohen Joubu: I've set SMTP again, not sure why it was empty :-D
15:21 hammat joined #koha
15:23 hammat_ joined #koha
15:31 caroline Hi all! I want to introduce hammat. He's been working with us for a while, but only recently started on Koha. I'm sure you've seen his name on bugzilla
15:32 ashimema Hi hammut
15:32 oleonard Hi hammat! Welcome!
15:32 ashimema 'My names Martin, and I'm a #koha addict'
15:32 caroline lol!
15:33 ashimema glad to see we got the docs stuff working for you yesterday caroline..
15:33 ashimema and many thanks for sorting out my mess with images.. glad to hear it worked locally for you too.. something funky going on there.. but it looks much better now :
15:34 caroline It was really weird, I have no idea what the problem was unfortunately, so we'll have to experiment more
15:37 hammat_ Hi everyone i am glad to be a part of this group. Thank you for the welcome.
15:42 JBoyer joined #koha
16:00 bag joined #koha
16:02 emlam joined #koha
16:08 reiveune bye
16:08 reiveune left #koha
16:50 cait1 welcome hammat :) and bye all, cya tomorrow!
16:50 cait1 left #koha
16:52 PedroAmorim[m] hi hammat
17:11 davidnind Hi hammat! Welcome!
17:13 davidnind oleonard: I'll have a go at bug 32605 this morning, unless someone beats me to it!
17:13 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32605 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Restore some form styling from before the redesign
17:14 oleonard Thanks davidnind!
17:28 khall thanks for the SO davidnind !
17:29 cait[m] khall: just read your comment on the edit items bug - I'll try to keep the Friday promise
17:30 khall thanks cait[m] !
20:35 fridolin joined #koha
21:53 emlam joined #koha
21:58 emlam Hi all, I'm trying to test bug 32558, but I'm not sure how to do step 5 of the test plan
21:58 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=32558 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Needs Signoff , Allow to process multiple jobs simultaneously up to a limit
21:58 emlam 5) Run with parameter -p 3 or some other    number of max processes
22:01 emlam Is anyone around who can help me out with how to run the background worker with max processes as a parameter?
22:07 caroline emlam, I'm not an expert, but I think you need to go into a terminal and run `./misc/ -p 3`
22:09 emlam That's what I thought, but then I get a message that the parameter isn't recognized
22:09 caroline Did you apply the patch?
22:10 emlam yup
22:10 caroline hm... yeah I don't see it either... there's only --queue
22:11 caroline oh there it is
22:11 caroline -m ?
22:11 caroline 'm|max-processes=i' => \$max_processes,
22:11 emlam That did it! Thanks! :)
22:12 emlam caroline++
22:12 caroline woot!
22:12 emlam Where did you look to find that?
22:13 caroline I opened the file in vim and looked for max processes
22:13 caroline In you QA notes, can you add that they should document it in the help section of the script?
22:13 caroline if you run -h, there's only --queue, -m should also be in there
22:14 emlam Will do
22:14 caroline thanks! emlam++
23:47 lukeg cait++
23:47 cait[m] hm?
23:53 lukeg QAing and testing all the things
23:54 cait[m] lukeg++ caroline++ it's all of us together

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary