IRC log for #koha, 2022-12-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:07 cait[m] @later tell lukeg please remember so set Needs documenting for the enh bugs not getting backported :)
00:07 huginn cait[m]: The operation succeeded.
00:08 lukeg thanks cait, im still learning what should be 'needs documenting' and what should be 'resolved fixed'
00:08 cait[m] I tihnk when in doubt, use the needs documenting - easy to switch them closed for the docs team, but harder to track missed ones
00:46 fridolin joined #koha
01:28 JBoyer joined #koha
01:46 dcook davidnind++
01:46 dcook The Koha MVP \o/
01:47 dcook Well, there are several MVPs hehe
01:47 dcook VVP very valuable players..
05:41 fridolin joined #koha
06:59 fridolin1 joined #koha
07:08 thibaud_g joined #koha
07:30 reiveune joined #koha
07:31 reiveune hello
07:31 wahanui what's up, reiveune
07:32 magnuse__ joined #koha
07:37 alex_ joined #koha
07:38 alex_ Bonjour
07:38 wahanui hello, alex_
07:43 magnuse__ \o/
08:06 cait joined #koha
09:16 paulderscheid[m] Morning #koha
09:31 ashimema 🙂
10:37 cait Admin Kuhn and Tamil are the first to provide demo installations for 22.11!
10:37 cait tamil++ admin_kuhn++
11:14 tcohen hola #koha o/
11:36 oleonard joined #koha
11:45 oleonard o/
11:58 * cait waves
12:13 alex_ joined #koha
12:44 thibaud_glt joined #koha
13:49 * ashimema sends late apologies for the general meeting..
13:49 ashimema I have a meeting clash so I'm afraid I won't be around really
13:51 cait I can't chair, but only half around, will read and try
13:56 emlam joined #koha
14:00 cait tuxayo: ping
14:00 tuxayo-webchat joined #koha
14:00 tuxayo-webchat hi :)
14:02 tuxayo-webchat #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 December 2022
14:02 huginn Meeting started Wed Dec  7 14:02:52 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo-webchat. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_december_2022'
14:03 tuxayo-webchat #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_7_December_2022 Today's agenda
14:03 tuxayo-webchat #topic Introductions
14:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Cordoba, Argentina
14:04 tuxayo-webchat Martin sent apologies for not being able to attend.
14:05 tuxayo-webchat #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo-Europe, France
14:06 tuxayo-webchat nugged arround?
14:07 tuxayo-webchat Who else specifically would be of special interest for this meeting?
14:09 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:09 cait qa_team?
14:09 wahanui i think qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
14:09 cait rmaints?
14:09 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:12 cait tuxayo should we continue or postpone? we could get in touch with nugged maybe for an update on Kohacon planning
14:12 cait I added the bidding to the agenda, because I thought we should decide on when to start/start early this time, so we could announce next host at the umcoming KohaCon23
14:13 cait but it might be a little too early yet :)
14:13 tuxayo-webchat Ok that was going to be my question about "Schedule KohaCon24 bidding"
14:14 tuxayo-webchat So it's about calling for a volunteer to make the wikipage call for bidding in the mailing lists?
14:14 cait if someone wanted to host more at the beginning of the year, knowing early woudl be good, but just wanted to discuss schedule really
14:14 cait decide if we want to do it now or later
14:14 cait deadline
14:14 wahanui hmmm... deadline is close... before woud be better if martin can manage, but having a second look next wek might still be cool
14:14 tuxayo-webchat > if someone wanted to host more at the beginning of the year, knowing early woudl be good, but just wanted to discuss schedule really
14:14 cait and who to wiki/mail
14:14 tuxayo-webchat yes!
14:15 tuxayo-webchat > but just wanted to discuss schedule really
14:15 tuxayo-webchat We can do that :)
14:15 tuxayo-webchat #topic announcements
14:15 tuxayo-webchat Anything to announce?
14:16 tuxayo-webchat #info Fediverse/Mastodon channel created (
14:17 tuxayo-webchat #topic Update on KohaCon23, Helsinki
14:17 tuxayo-webchat nugged again maybe?
14:17 cait yes
14:17 tuxayo-webchat #topic Schedule KohaCon24 bidding
14:18 tuxayo-webchat wahanui: forget deadline
14:18 wahanui tuxayo-webchat: I forgot deadline
14:18 cait should we start in January maybe?
14:19 tuxayo-webchat So start in January the bidding so if someone wants to host in January 2024 it would be good timing?
14:19 cait we can try, and let it run for 2 months or so?
14:19 cait if we don#t get a bid, we know it was too early ;)
14:19 tuxayo-webchat looks good :)
14:20 cait I can add a reminder to my calendar and bring it up again in dev meeting
14:21 tuxayo-webchat So call for a volunteer next week (next meeting) to open the the bidding?
14:22 cait we can try that, I'll add it to next meeting agenda then
14:22 tuxayo-webchat Thanks :)
14:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:22 cait woudl be good to have someone overseeing the process
14:22 tuxayo-webchat I can make a call in the list also
14:23 tuxayo-webchat *lists
14:23 tuxayo-webchat #action tuxayo call in the lists for volunteer to open the bidding for KohaCon24
14:24 tuxayo-webchat #action cait add to next meeting agenda the topic of opening the bidding for KohaCon24
14:24 tuxayo-webchat Anything else to discuss in this topic of in general?
14:24 cait don#t think so
14:24 cait maybe it would be nice if the hosts for next could give a quick update on the ML
14:25 cait as they are not here today
14:26 tuxayo-webchat #action tuxayo request Andrew N. an update about KohaCon23
14:26 tuxayo-webchat #topic Set time of next meeting
14:27 cait I got to step out now for a few minutes, but maybe we should just set next meeting?
14:27 cait General is supposed to be quarterly
14:27 tuxayo-webchat Ok, that will fit to be ~2 month after starting the KohaCon24 bidding
14:28 tuxayo-webchat 5 April 2023?
14:29 tuxayo-webchat #info Next meeting: 5 April 2023, 15:00 UTC
14:29 tuxayo-webchat #endmeeting
14:29 huginn Meeting ended Wed Dec  7 14:29:14 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:29 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-12-07-14.02.html
14:29 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-12-07-14.02.txt
14:29 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]07-14.02.log.html
14:33 cait thx tuxayo
14:33 cait maybe we shoudl start to send email reminders again (or better... automate it)
14:34 oleonard Sorry to miss the meeting, I had an IRL meeting conflict :(
14:38 dcook_ joined #koha
14:38 thd joined #koha
14:44 cait oleonard: I think a lot of us today
14:45 tcohen has the koha-meetings script been run?
14:45 cait not yet I think? we just finished a few minutes ago
14:45 tcohen I know
14:45 tcohen I was here
14:45 tcohen haha
14:45 cait youdidn#t talk :)
14:46 tcohen only #info-ed
14:46 cait is it fixed?
14:46 cait the script?
14:46 wahanui somebody said the script was so darn hard coded and sequential in the first place it was a nightmare to make some of it work with notices
14:46 cait forget the script
14:46 wahanui cait: I forgot script
14:50 dcook__ joined #koha
14:50 tuxayo-webchat What's wrong with the script again? It's not because of the alternance between two timeslots for dev meetings? And so "next meeting" becomes blurry
14:50 pastebot "tcohen" at pasted " without --confirm" (81 lines) at
14:50 ashimema it's the google calendar integration
14:51 ashimema gcalcli won't talk using the more modern auth mechanisms if I remember correctly
14:51 ashimema sorry.. just got out of my other meeting now
14:52 tuxayo-webchat > it's the google calendar integration
14:52 tuxayo-webchat indeed, it didn't work ^^"
14:52 tcohen yes, but that's the last step on the script
14:52 ashimema hmm
14:52 ashimema my memory was that it isn't..
14:53 ashimema we get part way through then gcalcli hangs and the rest of the script doesn't run..
14:53 ashimema I tihnk we create the page, but fail to populate the previous page..
14:53 ashimema I got it to work by just commenting out the gcal bit
14:53 ashimema having said that.. I haven't tried since the wiki got upgraded
15:00 * tcohen is having computer issues...
15:00 tcohen didn't miss them
15:01 tcohen it seems I'm not the only one melting in Córdoba
15:01 lukeg joined #koha
15:01 * cait would like to melt - I am freezing :)
15:02 tcohen let's meet somewhere in the middle?
15:06 tcohen gcalcli --calendar 'Koha agenda' updates '2022-06-18'
15:06 tcohen Updates since: 2022-06-18 00:00:00-03:00 events starting 2022-12-07 00:00:00-03:00 until 2023-01-01 00:00:00-03:00
15:06 tcohen mié dic 07  11:00          General IRC meeting
15:06 tcohen vie dic 09  12:00          Documentation IRC Meeting
15:06 tcohen mar dic 13  12:00          Development IRC meeting
15:07 tcohen mar dic 20  14:00          Cancelled - koha-US: Acquisitions SIG
15:07 tcohen mar dic 27  13:00          Cancelled - Demonstration Instance SIG
15:10 tcohen 2023-04-05  12:00          General IRC Meeting
15:11 tcohen cait:
15:11 tcohen gcalcli --calendar 'Koha agenda' search 'General' | grep 2023-04-05
15:11 tcohen 2023-04-05  12:00          General IRC Meeting
15:11 tcohen it seems to have worked?
15:15 tcohen it didn't
15:16 cait tcohen: agreed about meeting in the middle
15:16 tcohen so I ran the script
15:16 tcohen and
15:16 tcohen - The calendar got updated
15:16 tcohen - The wiki didn't
15:17 cait hm it looks like it updated the next IRC page
15:17 cait but tuaxo miscounted :)
15:17 cait next meeting should have been beginning of march (quarterly is 3 months)
15:19 cait but I guess we can go with April
16:10 reiveune bye
16:10 reiveune left #koha
16:17 cait tcohen: this one worked https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings, but no minutes on today's meeting and no new agenda
16:23 lukeg joined #koha
16:35 fridolin joined #koha
17:20 cait left #koha
18:00 caroline tcohen, I hadn't noticed until now, but I <3 the poem in the last dbrev
18:06 tcohen you mean the first commit for 23.05? Me too!
18:06 tcohen I also love the first for 22.11 :-D
18:11 caroline Is it you or the new RM? I thought it was the last task of your reign, but maybe it's the first one
18:11 caroline of the new RM
18:12 tcohen it is the first from the new RM
18:12 tcohen but I repeat
18:13 caroline I love it
18:14 davidnind tcohen++
18:14 davidnind caroline: I created a documentation meeting for 9 December 2022 13:00 UTC a while ago, but I didn't send anything to the mailing list - would you like me to change it? (https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_2022-12-09)
18:15 caroline davidnind, I think I can do it, we haven't had one in a while
18:16 davidnind I tried to make it at a time suitable for yourself and Europe...
18:16 davidnind I'll send a note now..
18:17 caroline perfect thank you!
18:18 davidnind The Raven, fifth stanza  https://www.poetryfoundation.o[…]s/48860/the-raven
19:27 tcohen oleonard-away: around?
19:27 tcohen too away?
19:27 tcohen eh
19:27 oleonard Only a little bit away
19:27 tcohen css sourcemaps
19:28 tcohen what are they?
19:28 wahanui they are finally exhaustive
19:28 tcohen or more specifically
19:28 oleonard If present, they allow browser developer tools to identify the relevant line in the .scss file based on the .css file
19:29 tcohen ah, that's why they are only built on the gulp css script
19:29 tcohen which is for devs
19:29 tcohen gotcha, thanks
21:35 lukeg joined #koha
22:54 Wainui joined #koha
22:55 Wainui cait[m]: i can't reply to the mailing list but thanks heaps for your help!
22:55 cait[m] np - sometimes it's helpful to have half of bugzilla memorized :)
22:56 cait[m] we once had a single letter for patron search not working and in the end it turned out their anti virus progam blocked it for whatever reason....
23:07 lukeg joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary