IRC log for #koha, 2022-09-07

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:39 tuxayo2 joined #koha
03:51 Oak joined #koha
05:57 Oak joined #koha
06:35 reiveune joined #koha
06:58 alex_ joined #koha
06:59 ODigital joined #koha
07:18 paulderscheid[m] morning #koha
07:41 cait joined #koha
08:54 cait y
08:54 cait :)
08:54 * cait waves
08:57 cait hm are the detailed messages in the jobs view always supposed to be empty?
08:57 cait like... you don't see which items you batch deleted etc?
10:22 cait marcelr++
10:29 oleonard cait: I find the new batch modification/deletion process less useful than before
10:35 cait same
10:35 cait I think the UX suffered from using the message queue
10:36 cait if I delete a few items, it just did it before... now I have to go though more screens that are not obvious
10:37 cait but there has been no feedback/bugs/comments I am aware of
10:38 oleonard Now that it's getting more use in production maybe
10:40 cait maybe
10:57 ashimema you should see the item numbers in the detail view cait
10:57 cait you odn't
10:57 cait it's just emptyness for the batch deletes and elasticsearch updates i just did
11:00 ashimema the indexing stuff I think is empty
11:00 ashimema I'm sure I've seen numbers in the batch deletes
11:01 ashimema I see stuff like "Bibliographic record 17381 has successfully been modified."
11:02 ashimema though it's in a scary long list of 'dialog message' blocks
11:02 cait I was working with items
11:02 ashimema ok.. it's bad for batch deletes
11:02 ashimema I see
11:02 ashimema modifications look OK
11:02 ashimema report it as a bug
11:02 cait ok I will
11:02 cait btw we broke the idff view in staged import too
11:03 cait bug 31526
11:03 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31526 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Diff view on manage staged imports page is broken
11:03 ashimema yuk
11:03 cait also the shelf browser
11:03 cait (see QA email)
11:21 marcelr joined #koha
11:21 marcelr o/
11:31 marcelr ashimema: hi there; could you plz have a look at the API / Logger patches on 31468/22678 ?
11:34 dpk_ joined #koha
11:45 saa joined #koha
11:46 saa while upgrading from 19.05 to latest 22.05 when i ran apt upgrade koha-common it threw error {UNKNOWN}: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_ncl.borrower_modifications' doesn't exist in engine  at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ line 1118. DBIx::Class::Schema::throw_exception​(Koha::Schema=HASH(0x55d2fe5ab390), "DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db do failed: Table 'koha_ncl.borr"...) called at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/Class/ line 113 DB
11:47 saa can anyone help in resolving this error
11:52 domm[m] Not sure if the general list is working again, so I post a question here
11:52 domm[m] We use OpacAddMastheadLibraryPulldown to show the list of libraries next... (full message at[…]RBUCxcPMuwiRNcnS)
11:54 Dyrcona joined #koha
11:59 cait domm: jQuery
12:00 cait would be my usual answer - there is no 'inactive' or 'internal' setting for libraries
12:00 cait it might be something people would like tho
12:03 cait domm[m]: bug 12242
12:03 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12242 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, pasi.kallinen, Failed QA , Allow hiding branches from the OPAC search pulldowns
12:05 domm[m] yeah, jquery would be the hackish fallback "solution"
12:06 domm[m] hm, 12242 would avoid a DB change, by listing the hidden branches in the Syspref instead of adding a flag to the libraries in the DB. I guess that's easier to get into Koha, but a bit less clean?
12:11 cait I think a flag might be cleaner as we have the pickup library on libraries now too
12:11 cait keep things in one place
12:12 cait and not harder to get in
12:12 cait and possibly good to have for the API too?
12:14 cait we have a similar feature for itemtypes (hide from search options)... that's also on the itemtype
12:15 cait so in keeping things consistent i'd like the option on libraries admin better I think
12:28 ashimema flag++
12:51 domm[m] ok, thanks!
12:51 cait sorry.. so many words :)
12:57 cait in other news.... looks like the main list is recovering :)
12:59 khall joined #koha
13:03 petro joined #koha
13:11 khall joined #koha
13:27 cait someone using mac?
13:27 cait iOS?
13:27 cait bug 8305 needs a tester! :)
13:27 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8305 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, isobel.graham09, Needs Signoff , Add an icon for iOS home screens
13:37 khall joined #koha
13:42 petro joined #koha
13:52 nugged cait: I call my team :). Petro or Slava, pls sign off that
13:53 * cait waits for the magic to happen :)
13:53 cait btw... meeting in 7 minutes?
13:53 ashimema nice reminder
13:53 ashimema my daughter will be in your teams debt nugged 🙂
13:54 ashimema beware.. she wrote it, but neither of us have tested it.. we don't have Macs 😜
13:55 cait same problem here
13:56 ashimema bug 31373 would be nice to see moving through
13:56 nugged cait: yes, The Meeting, I coming with this BIG thing :)...
13:56 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31373 normal, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Notice template validation is missing INCLUDE_PATH
13:56 cait nugged: i know
13:56 cait i noticed yesterday we missed the meeting in the calendar - I hope some people will show
13:56 thd joined #koha
13:56 cait otherwise we might postpone to next week maybe? but let's see
13:57 * ashimema is already working on his proposal to attend that nugged... so you best get it.. hehe
13:58 cait a litle late to send the reminder too i guess, ugh
13:59 ashimema mm
13:59 ashimema my bad
14:00 nugged (1 minute ago) reminder just came :)
14:01 nugged so, formally, it's just in time :)
14:01 Slava joined #koha
14:01 cait tuxayo: around?
14:01 cait qa_team?
14:01 wahanui hmmm... qa_team is cait, marcelr, khall, kidclamp, kohaputti, lukeg, aleisha, fridolin, ashimema, tuxayo, nugged, petrova, Joubu and dcook
14:01 cait rmaints?
14:01 wahanui rmaints are lukeg, liliputech and tuxayo
14:03 cait quick show of hands, who is there for the meeting?
14:03 ashimema me
14:03 oleonard Present
14:04 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 7 September 2022
14:04 huginn` Meeting started Wed Sep  7 14:04:00 2022 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
14:04 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:04 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_7_september_2022'
14:04 cait #chair ashimema
14:04 huginn` Current chairs: ashimema cait
14:04 cait #topic Introductions
14:04 cait Please #info yourself
14:04 petro #info Petro Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:04 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
14:04 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:04 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Quebec Canada
14:04 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:05 Guest2194 #info Slava Shishkin,  National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:05 cait looks like we got a bit of a crowd :)
14:05 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy, Rijksmuseum
14:05 ashimema I poked ByWater.. but they're on retreat this week so I'm not really expecting a response
14:06 cait still worth a try, thx :)
14:06 ashimema however.. I do know Tomas and the ByWater chaps are all +1 for nugged and Helsinki
14:06 cait :)
14:06 cait moving on!
14:06 cait #topic Announcements
14:06 cait #info Registrations for KohaCon22 have closed
14:07 cait #link
14:07 cait anything else?
14:07 cait please feel free to add local events as well
14:07 Guest2194 #info Slava Shishkin,  National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:07 ashimema 🙂
14:07 oleonard Come to KohaCon22 and tour all of oleonard's childhood haunts
14:08 cait sec, just typing up something
14:08 nugged Slava (Guest2194, we know that it's you, I can physically confirm, so keep it then for a moment as it is :) )
14:08 khall joined #koha
14:09 lukeg joined #koha
14:09 cait #info Koha-D-A-CH-Anwndertreffen / User meeting for German speaking Koha users is planned for December 1 2022 - proposals for presentations welcome!
14:09 cait ok, moving on in a moment!
14:10 nugged > however.. I do know Tomas and the ByWater chaps are all +1 for nugged and Helsinki
14:10 nugged ashimema>: that's great.
14:10 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
14:10 cait #info There are no actions from last meeting :)
14:10 cait #topic KohaCon23
14:10 ashimema 🙂
14:10 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]haCon23_Proposals Proposals
14:10 nugged cait: I will have a short talk/presentation about KohaCon 2023 and PerlCon (YAPC::EU) 2023 on KohaCon 2022 and where possible. So Koha-D-A-CH-Anwndertreffen please reserve me a space :)
14:11 cait let's talk about it later - we are certainly happy to advertise
14:11 nugged cait: noted.
14:12 cait ok, but for now, let's deal witht he formal
14:12 cait #info we have one proposal submitted before the deadline from National library of Finland in Helsinki
14:12 nugged Proposal: and I just updated our wiki- (KohaCon intro page) version:, will transfer more info from there wiki.koha-community in a minutes
14:13 cait Are there any questions about the proposal to nugged and his coworkers?
14:14 nugged In addition, I can declare that I have preliminary confirmations from a few core people and big interest from Perl Community as well to unite KohaCon 2023 and PerlCon 2023, same place, same dates (or overlap by day or few, we will decide),
14:14 thd What is your planning for virtual participation?
14:14 ashimema August.. that'll be school holidays here.. may have to bring the family along 😉
14:14 cait maybe a partial overlap would be nice
14:15 cait so people can attend both without feeling bad
14:15 cait about missing out on one thing :)
14:15 nugged as well that University of Helsinki in my person,
14:15 nugged and maybe some more OpenSource teams and IT structures will support PerlCon for us. So, KohaCon too.
14:15 ashimema I like that as an approach.. should mean we can cater nicely for the two audiences that tend to attend.. the support companies and libraries and then the devs
14:16 nugged > maybe a partial overlap would be nice
14:16 nugged this I will especially present as proposal and best vision and come around with critics request to you and core team people in both Communities.
14:16 cait will there be time for a hackfest with the combined event?
14:17 nugged > will there be time for a hackfest with the combined event?
14:17 nugged yes, my GOAL more than just Koha or Perl by themselves, but give a new push for Koha+Perl communities united something post-this-event, and in preparation time,
14:17 cait the old format was 3-1-3 (conf, some type of outing, hackfest) but that is not set in stone I think, having some time together for workshop/programming/discussing woudl still be nice
14:18 cait ok, I didn't find it in the nots, but I think organizing a web style vote is not necessary with just one proposal
14:18 nugged because for now I can declare that Koha is the best "in raising trend" Perl product we have, and Perl is the most needed thing for Koha (as well as labor, brains, support) from Perl as main tech (lang) we love.
14:18 nugged ashimema++
14:19 nugged > may have to bring the family along
14:19 nugged ashimema: yes, I will insist for long stay for most core people, and will organize/propose family things too
14:19 cait so I suggest having a quick vote here to check for vetos
14:19 ashimema 🙂
14:19 cait and if none we announce
14:19 ashimema perfect cait
14:19 cait just phrasing it, give me a sec
14:20 cait #startvote Should KohaCon23 be held in Helsinki, Finland? yes, no, abstain
14:20 huginn` Begin voting on: Should KohaCon23 be held in Helsinki, Finland? Valid vote options are yes, no, abstain.
14:20 huginn` Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
14:20 nugged to keep presentation: speaking about myself as organizer: I was organizer (among two people) of YAPC::Russia 2014, we had ~100 attendees and ~28 talks, events.
14:20 oleonard #vote yes
14:20 cait #vote yes
14:20 caroline #vote yes
14:21 petro #vote yes
14:21 thd #vote yes
14:21 nugged #vote yes
14:21 khall #vote yes
14:21 ashimema #vote yes
14:21 Guest2194 #vote yes
14:21 nugged (if I allowed for brace myself :) )
14:22 cait I think most important bit is to stay in touch, keep information coming, attend meeting and such
14:22 ashimema +1
14:22 cait and i think past organizers will be happy to advice too
14:22 nugged ... and I helped for YAPC::EU teams to organize bigger (and for the Mojolicious team a little too in Oslo 2018!)
14:22 cait I think Greece had about 220-250
14:23 cait to my knowledge might hav ebeen the biggest so far
14:23 cait harder to tell with hybrid
14:23 nugged I will come to you people around here this month, gathering info and opinions.
14:23 cait closing vote in a moment
14:23 marcelr #vote yes
14:24 cait clooooosing
14:24 cait #endvote
14:24 huginn` Voted on "Should KohaCon23 be held in Helsinki, Finland?" Results are
14:24 huginn` yes (10): cait, oleonard, ashimema, marcelr, khall, petro, nugged, Guest2194, caroline, thd
14:24 ashimema excellent
14:24 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
14:24 cait #agreed KohaCon23 will be held in Helsinki, Finland
14:24 oleonard Finland wins by a nose
14:25 cait I'll update the wiki page with results after the meeting script has been run
14:25 cait maybe add a note right now and link later
14:25 cait anything to add? new topics?
14:26 nugged I will (as my team I see) insist on "in-person" visits and will work for off-conference things (extras, for family, workshops, trainings, tourist things, so on)
14:26 cait hybrid is great for a lot of reasons, but i know a lot of us long for some in-person time together
14:27 cait it's good  to have options
14:27 nugged it will be hybring though, yes
14:27 cait #topic Next meeting
14:28 cait I believe we had agreed on quarterly
14:28 nugged and the University of Helsinki, especially the National Library, equipped and did a lot of big hybrid events so have experience and hardware and hands in this way as well.
14:28 ashimema 🙂
14:28 ashimema Quarterly yes cait
14:28 cait would December 7 work?
14:28 nugged so to finalize my "noise" here:
14:28 cait heh sorry nugged, should let you talk!
14:29 cait just wasn't prepared to host a meeting today
14:29 nugged through September I will cover all main things and confirm from both parties and will come with plan & steps and will go round for core team ogras and people for participation, critics, more.
14:30 nugged "both parties" here - Koha Community and Perl Community, and confirmation from University of Helsinki & National Library & others about financing/support + call for help/sponsorships/participation for all of you / your teams and so on: further routine tasks.
14:31 nugged ashimema: bring your company booth here, and HRs :). I will try to bring as much as possible "Perl related" audience attention here :).
14:31 ashimema We'll be there.. not sure who yet.. but ptfs-e will certainly attend
14:31 nugged saying that - just to "partially touch" that I see many benefits for everyone on that,
14:32 nugged so I will come around contacting BibLibre, ByWater, PTFS-E, all others of "us", for most efficient things,
14:33 nugged and as well will ask all to participate, advertise, bring people and call others to come, and - what will be important -
14:33 cait Catalyst IT did the first fully hybrid one - might alos be good to check in
14:33 nugged START YOUR TALKS ideas and preparations! :)
14:34 cait #info Next meeting: 7 December 2022, 14 UTC
14:34 ashimema 🙂
14:34 lukeg joined #koha
14:34 cait ending meeting in 3 ..
14:34 cait 2..
14:34 cait 1!
14:35 cait #endmeeting
14:35 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Sep  7 14:35:00 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:35 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-09-07-14.04.html
14:35 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-09-07-14.04.txt
14:35 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]07-14.04.log.html
14:35 cait congrats nugged
14:35 oleonard cait++
14:35 caroline nugged++ cait++
14:35 cait someone around to run the meeting script?
14:35 cait hm and i should have volunteered someone to send a mailing list announcement
14:36 ashimema I'll try to remember how the meetings script works
14:36 nugged cait: yep, 330 days, or around. I and my team will lay these 330 towards this achievement and make best of what we think/hope and I am for that. Woooooooohooo!
14:37 nugged 🤗🤗🤗
14:37 nugged 2 all of you here ppl!
14:37 oleonard I believe caroline said she was going to be at KohaCon22 in person... Anyone else here?
14:38 cait sadly not this year
14:38 ashimema not I I'm afraid oleonard
14:38 cait I am witness at a wedding :)
14:38 ashimema Jonathan and Andrew A are going from us though..
14:39 ashimema I had kid commitments
14:39 cait hope to catch some of hte earlier presentations each day - the time differene is quite a bit
14:39 caroline yass! and I'm going to bug my boss endlessly to go to Helsinki too (already started to just now)
14:39 oleonard ashimema: I'm glad to hear PTFS-E will be represented in person!
14:39 cait I better start too :)
14:39 ashimema 🙂
14:40 cait ... so anyone for that mailing list annuncement?
14:40 caroline I can try
14:41 cait thx caroline :)
14:41 caroline Just the announcement, say more info coming and the link to the wikis?
14:41 cait yep - keeping it short and simple is certainly ok
14:41 cait i updtaed the wiki page already
14:42 oleonard The KohaCon22 announcement for reference:[…].nz/msg28574.html
14:44 nugged We already advertised for our librarians, but I think because of timezone diff, I will do some post- (I will online attend myself) make summary and proposals to watch the recordings, and do the post-talks, for our librarians.
14:45 nugged I assume we will have those talks recorded and accessible later, right? (don't blame me if I didn't read full announce for KC22 :) and it's said there )
14:45 cait it said so i my registration email
14:46 cait that they would be recorded for later view as well
14:46 cait just hope to meet up with some of you here maybe for wathing together?
14:49 nugged because I am now even more in stream with KohaCon 2023 and PerlCon - I will try to cover as much remote socialization as I can :), ...
14:49 * nugged went to fill up further details in Wiki(s) for both Perl/Koha "us".
14:57 caroline nugged, the "official" source of information is this page ?
14:58 caroline (for now I mean...)
15:00 nugged caroline: Yes, is the National Library of Finland own official Wiki, so this is the source as for now, until we launch (sub-)domain and site for that (working on this).
15:00 caroline perfect, thanks!
15:08 ashimema caroline.. if Rachael one of your devs?
15:09 caroline ashimema, not anymore
15:09 ashimema I'm being asked about bug 31185 here..
15:09 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31185 normal, P5 - low, ---, adolfo.rodriguez, Failed QA , Link authorities automatically doesn't detect duplicate authorities
15:09 ashimema ah.. so unlikely to get a unit test from them
15:09 ashimema oop
15:09 caroline yeah no, sorry
15:09 ashimema I misread.. they just signed off
15:09 ashimema it's Adolfo I need to track down
15:10 ashimema damn.. I don't know anyone at xercode
15:37 reiveune bye
15:37 reiveune left #koha
15:40 khall_ joined #koha
16:08 oleonard-away caroline++
16:48 Putti joined #koha
16:48 Putti lovely to see some action today on bugzilla :)
17:37 cait joined #koha
18:29 tuxayo Oh there was a General IRC meeting :o
18:47 oleonard Sorry tuxayo, you missed your opportunity to torpedo the Finland KohaCon proposal
18:47 tuxayo lol
19:00 dcook joined #koha
19:00 ribasushi joined #koha
19:00 sijobl joined #koha
19:00 alohalog` joined #koha
19:00 mtj joined #koha
19:05 khall joined #koha
19:29 drbone joined #koha
19:31 drbone Hi and good evening. I'm here searching for a hint on where to start looking or even maybe how to fix the issue I'm currently facing. Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask for help here, please just tell me. I've set-up a little koha instance for a small school for their library. While entering books into the library the users noticed some books "vanishing" after they completed their entry. But without error message on the screen.
19:32 drbone They noticed it happens most often when using special chars like ü or ß (we are from Austria and talk German) in the Title.
19:33 drbone I then digged a little and I found following log messages I think are related to the issue: "AH01215: no mapping found for [0xFC] at position 5 in Der B\xfccherb\xe4r g0=ASCII_DEFAULT g1=EXTENDED_LATIN at /usr/share/perl5/MARC/ line 308.: /usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-​bin/cataloguing/"
19:36 drbone Would be awesome if someone could give me a hint on where to start. When searching the web for this error I found nothing really telling related to koha. Thanks in advance!
19:39 drbone found this: which would indicate I made mistakes configuring the instance, which is entirely possible... but how do I fix it?
19:41 khall joined #koha
19:53 fridolin joined #koha
20:00 drbone1 joined #koha
20:18 drbone joined #koha
20:31 tcohen hola #koha
20:32 caroline hi tcohen!
20:34 caroline Does anyone know if the "branch" in this string should be translated? "[%# - branch: <select library list> %]" it's in
20:34 caroline It seems to be just explanation in the code on how to use but i'm not sure
20:37 fridolin caroline: hi, indeed [%# xxx %] is a TT comment, it should never be translated
20:37 caroline it should never or it can be but it won't change anything?
20:37 fridolin wont change anything
20:38 caroline +1 thanks fridolin :)
20:38 fridolin we really sould not use HTML tags here
20:38 fridolin <input>
20:38 fridolin its jsute a var
20:41 fridolin i open a bug report
20:43 fridolin https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=31530
20:43 huginn` Bug 31530: minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , HTML tags in TT comments in
20:44 caroline thanks fridolin++
20:47 fridolin NSO now
22:27 caroline_catlady joined #koha
22:32 khall joined #koha
22:50 khall_ joined #koha
23:18 caroline joined #koha
23:37 khall joined #koha
23:39 caroline joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary