IRC log for #koha, 2022-01-06

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:04 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29746: (it-doesn't-hurt follow-up) More tests <[…]87ce023070a7f05ea>
00:04 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29772: (follow-up) Document error codes <[…]0d5a5997778c835c2>
00:04 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29772: Make DELETE /patrons/:patron_id return error codes <[…]4866d48a2a747700c>
00:04 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29772: Regression tests <[…]2446d9d259915ccf9>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 28020: (follow-up) Add docs about error_code on the API <[…]94e0bffac47f23f78>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29765: Adjust DELETE /patrons/:patron_id controller <[…]c232fa98e6d5153f2>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29765: Make Koha::Patron->safe_to_delete use Koha::Result::Boolean <[…]32d219ef2e3fadef9>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29746: Add Koha::Result::Boolean <[…]636ab56230a7399a0>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29746: Unit tests <[…]0d0be2f6578eec6a4>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29741: (follow-up) Make DELETE /patrons use the new validation method <[…]2120d962561bd32b6>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29741: Add Koha::Patron->safe_to_delete <[…]01ff2f75b38055bae>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29741: Unit tests <[…]4b887e9ded779bd0d>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29680: Change markup to correct button radius <[…]a086e69403c1ae542>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29508: Make GET /patrons/:patron_id use Koha::Patrons->search_limited <[…]3be17531a06403c1a>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29508: Regression tests <[…]0da3d1f8ae60cf9cb>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29506: (follow-up) Adapt GET /patrons <[…]78107c47832164f56>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29506: Make call search_limited if present <[…]152a08521e0b9cd42>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29506: Regression tests <[…]c812c051376cbd23f>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29503: Make GET /patrons use Koha::Patrons->search_limited <[…]e5371263704586a81>
00:05 huginn` News from kohagit: Bug 29503: Regression tests <[…]cc91a707a3820e356>
00:42 lukeg joined #koha
00:45 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D12 build #52: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D12/52/
01:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_MDB_Latest build #760: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]1_MDB_Latest/760/
01:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U_Stable build #348: SUCCESS in 59 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_U_Stable/348/
01:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #502: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/502/
01:12 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_CPAN build #505: SUCCESS in 1 hr 4 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D11_CPAN/505/
01:14 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #59: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U21/59/
01:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11_My8 build #719: SUCCESS in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D11_My8/719/
01:41 AndrewFH joined #koha
01:52 cait joined #koha
02:04 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #271: UNSTABLE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/271/
02:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1879: UNSTABLE in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1879/
02:12 AndrewFH joined #koha
02:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U21 build #60: SUCCESS in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U21/60/
02:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1846: SUCCESS in 1 hr 16 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1846/
03:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1880: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 22 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1880/
03:29 AndrewFH joined #koha
03:36 AndrewFH joined #koha
03:46 triveni joined #koha
03:48 triveni anybody can help me CPU and disk utilization is very high again and again
05:50 fridolin joined #koha
06:11 reiveune joined #koha
06:11 reiveune hello
06:33 ngospodinov joined #koha
06:34 ngospodinov Good morning all.I am writing in connection with the attached electronic copy to an existing bibliographic record.  The electronic copy is the scanned book in PDF format. The bibliographic record is on the same book.  An item with a barcode, inv. number, author, title, etc has been created in this bibliographic record. My question is this: 1. After deducting (hiding it for users in OPAC) this item is there a way for users to see the attachment.
06:34 ngospodinov I am using version 20.05
06:37 ngospodinov If anyone can help me I will be grateful.
08:00 marion joined #koha
08:01 alex_a joined #koha
08:01 alex_a Bonjour
08:01 wahanui hello, alex_a
08:29 marion joined #koha
08:48 davidnind joined #koha
09:09 JBoyer joined #koha
09:12 magnuse \o/
09:15 Jean38 joined #koha
09:18 Jean38 Hi there, I am looking for a way to generate html email of latest arrivals from Koha. We want to send our members a newsletter with the latest arrival. I'm not finding anything about that doing online search. Is it possible, via Koha or an additional plugin?
09:30 davidnind Jean38: I've sure of heard of something similar being done - you could create and run a report to get the list of latest arrivals to include in your newsletter
09:39 Jean38 hmm ok, I can look into reports to check. Ideally it would be some dedicated feature though, considering html email is usually dumbed down to tables for broad compatibility. Also, being able to get a template and separate steps (select period of time to extract arrivals from, choose between text-only and html+image format, ability to exclude some of the results before generating the email-optimized html code).
09:40 Jean38 I don't know much about Koha, so I'll start with looking into that report feature I guess. But I'm surprised, as it doesn't seem to be a backed-in feature. Surely most libraries must be sending some kind of newsletter on latest arrivals...
09:40 Jean38 I don't know much about Koha, so I'll start with looking into that report feature I guess. But I'm surprised, as it doesn't seem to be a backed-in feature. Surely most libraries must be sending some kind of newsletter of latest arrivals...
09:48 davidnind It's a bit quite on IRC at the moment with holidays, etc. Maybe post to the general Koha list and see if you get a response.
09:48 cait joined #koha
09:49 cait hello #koha
09:49 davidnind I'm not aware of an out of the box feature that would do that, but there are reports, notices and cronjobs, so a combination of these may work.
09:49 davidnind hi cait!
09:50 cait hi davidnind - happy new year :)
09:52 davidnind same to you!
09:56 Jean38 Ok, thank you. I'll repost on the general list.
10:00 fridolin left #koha
10:09 cait Joubu: around?
10:11 Joubu cait: yes
10:11 ashimema good morning #koha friends
10:11 cait what is our current policy for mysql support?
10:11 cait it looks like REGEXP_REPLACE is ont in 5.7
10:11 cait so the additional contents update fails
10:12 cait and our wiki only lists mariadb versions now
10:12 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]d_recommendations
10:12 ashimema I think we recently dropped 5.5 support
10:12 ashimema but I can't entirely remember the discussion
10:12 Joubu we should support DBMS versions brought by the OSes we support
10:12 cait i can only find it in the 8.0 manual
10:12 ashimema indeed
10:12 tcohen good morning
10:12 cait oh got all the right people
10:12 Joubu MariaDB 10.1, no idea for MySQL
10:13 Joubu mean *from* MariaDB 10.1
10:13 ashimema I think the oldest debian that's currently in support has switched to maria.. but you can install mysql 8.. not sure how far back the mysql support on the oldest support debian goes
10:13 ashimema but you now have to actively try to install mysql instead of maria
10:13 cait 10.0.5 for REGEXP_REPALCE in mariadb so that would fit
10:14 cait I just wonder if I should file a bug or recommend installing a newer dbms?
10:15 cait i have just replied he rmai lto me to the mailing list - maybe have a look
10:16 ashimema tuxayo was your man.. he was the last person to properly dig into dependencies and supported versions. 🙂
10:18 tcohen :-D
10:18 tcohen can I mention bug 29804
10:18 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29804 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, NEW , Koha::Hold->is_pickup_location_valid explodes if empty list of pickup locations
10:19 tcohen found in production
10:19 tcohen trivial fix, patches just submitted
10:19 cait i have filed bug 29805
10:19 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29805 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Database update fails in MySQL 5.7 because it's missing REGEXP_REPLACE
10:19 cait if we don't support 5.7, we should at least note it somewhere
10:25 tcohen we are so cool sometimes :-D
10:25 cait are we?
10:26 Joubu[…]e=all&section=all
10:26 Joubu 5.7 is in Bionic/18.04
10:26 cait so not officially unsupported yet
10:26 cait but giving us trouble?
10:29 tcohen I think...
10:29 tcohen we should only support Bionic on 19.11...
10:29 tcohen which is our only LTS release
10:30 Joubu otoh it's easy to adjust the code and do the replace in perl...
10:30 tcohen we cannot be backwards compatible with all the things
10:30 tcohen Joubu: I agree, just saying we put ourselves into trouble sometimes...
10:30 Joubu yes but we announced the release and its requirements
10:30 tcohen I agree
10:31 cait I am not voting for endless support
10:31 cait just for documentation
10:31 tcohen
10:31 cait i couldn't find the info, so better to make sure we have that written down
10:31 tcohen 18.04 has extended security support up to... 2028
10:32 cait we do list  Ubuntu 18.04  Ubuntu 16.04  for 21.11
10:32 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]d_recommendations
10:33 cait so we promised it would work I guess :(
10:33 tcohen what counts is the release notes
10:36 tcohen ah, they don't tell
10:36 tcohen there's no mention of MySQL
10:38 cait no but ubuntu is mentioned
10:38 cait with the old versions, the wiki page is linked from the release notes for requirements
10:38 Joubu I will submit a patch on bug 29805
10:38 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29805 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Database update fails in MySQL 5.7 because it's missing REGEXP_REPLACE
10:39 cait should we make a note to drop support for the old ubuntus asap?
10:40 tcohen what about Perl versions?
10:40 cait i think also the shipped ones usually?
10:42 cait restarting, brb.
10:43 davidnind joined #koha
10:46 cait joined #koha
10:46 cait re
10:50 cait everyone has gone? oh.
10:54 cait tcohen: you will be happy... i accidentally deleted my kohadevbox repo *sigh*
10:54 cait is this a good day to switch?
10:58 tcohen :-D
10:58 tcohen it is :-D
10:58 cait i am scared
10:59 Joubu bug 29805
10:59 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29805 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Database update fails in MySQL 5.7 because it's missing REGEXP_REPLACE
10:59 cait Joubu: need to fix my koha first now :(
11:00 cait ${USER} < replace with me?
11:00 Joubu no
11:00 Joubu don't replace
11:01 cait ok
11:01 Joubu echo $USER
11:01 cait what I said, me :) katrin
11:02 cait do I leave hte ${?
11:02 cait i guess not
11:03 tcohen what is that, cait?
11:03 cait the instructions, trying to see what you meant there, but just my user worked
11:04 cait check the SYNC_REPO one onw
11:14 AnkeB joined #koha
11:15 tcohen cait: USER is always set on unix
11:15 tcohen set | grep USER
11:16 cait yes
11:16 cait so leave unchanged it is?
11:18 tcohen so just run what the instructions say heh
11:19 cait joined #koha
11:19 cait tcohen: same, splodes
11:24 cait
11:26 pastebot Someone at pasted "@ Koha/Template/Plugin/Branche" (16 lines) at
11:26 Joubu tcohen: ^^
11:26 cait should  I have a $DOCKER_HOST env variable too? (googling)
11:27 Joubu cait: which command are you running?
11:27 Joubu the error is "permission denied"
11:27 tcohen cait: what OS are you using? how did you install docker?
11:27 Joubu so maybe a sudo is missing, but you shouldn't need it
11:27 cait newest ubuntu
11:27 tcohen docker-ce?
11:27 cait ?
11:28 cait i installed it using apt-get per instructions
11:28 tcohen Joubu: exactly
11:28 tcohen
11:28 tcohen ^^ use those instructions,  cait
11:28 cait systemctl status docker.service is green if that helps
11:29 cait why?
11:29 cait it seems to have installed and is running
11:29 Joubu which command are you running? docker-compose up?
11:29 cait i am trying ku
11:30 Joubu did you run the usermod command?
11:30 cait yes
11:30 Joubu open a new terminal, maybe, and try again
11:30 cait i logged out and logged in even
11:30 cait no change
11:30 Joubu ha
11:31 tcohen cat /etc/group
11:31 cait yes?
11:31 cait docker:x:145:katrin
11:31 cait in the last line
11:32 Joubu are you logged in as root?
11:33 cait i am logged in as me
11:34 Joubu The internet is saying that you need to install, but it's what you did
11:34 Joubu weird
11:34 cait the instructions never work for me - I had you all warned about trying to switch me over *sighs*
11:36 davidnind left #koha
11:36 tcohen cait: can you install the official docker package as I suggested?
11:37 Joubu[…]-denied-manage-py
11:37 Joubu they are saying there is a perm issue on the docker socket
11:37 Joubu maybe not related, it's django there
11:38 cait tcohen: I can, but it seems bad
11:38 tcohen I'm on Ubuntu 21.10 with the official Docker
11:38 cait Joubu: i have found the same and someone eet it to 666 which another commented was very unsafe
11:39 tcohen cait: I have always had issues with the distro docker
11:39 tcohen that's why I suggest that
11:40 cait then maybe udate the instructions
11:41 cait sorry, a little grumpy
11:41 tcohen we can update them
11:41 tcohen once you QA this step
11:41 tcohen :-D
11:41 cait it's working
11:42 cait well, it's installing, not working yet, the computer is working on intalling it
11:42 cait same error
11:42 Joubu did you remove the .io package?
11:44 cait i ran this  sudo apt-get remove docker docker-engine containerd runc
11:44 cait it reported it all as uninstalled, but the instructions said not to worry
11:45 cait brb, fixing grumpiness with tea
11:52 cait re
11:52 oleonard o/
11:53 cait hi oleonard
11:53 wahanui hi oleopard
11:53 cait be warned... grumpy cait deleted her kohadevbox repo and is now trying to switch to ktd with the usual unexplainable errors :(
11:54 oleonard In my experience the transition is rough but worth it
11:55 cait did you run into this by chance?
11:56 cait brb, I'll try a reboot
11:58 AndrewFH joined #koha
11:59 cait joined #koha
11:59 cait good news - it seems to have done the trick
12:00 cait 10.1: Pulling from library/mariadb
12:02 tcohen awesome :-D
12:02 oleonard I think it was the tea that did it
12:02 tcohen shouldn't we make 10.3 the default DB?
12:02 tcohen oleonard++
12:02 tcohen cait++ # share some of that tea
12:03 cait nothing fancy, just a bag of earl grey
12:03 cait we'll see what happens, we are not done yet!
12:05 tcohen :-D
12:07 cait tcohen++ Joubu++ oleonard++
12:08 oleonard Here's something I was tinkering with yesterday:
12:08 cait nie!
12:08 cait nice too
12:08 tcohen nice!
12:08 cait could it output the URL/img tag to use too?
12:09 oleonard Yes
12:09 cait I'll update nice to awesome then :)
12:10 cait the tea is nice while watching it do stuff for sure
12:10 cait i think it's at selenium
12:11 tcohen downloading?
12:11 cait yes i tihnk so
12:11 tcohen if you don't need selenium...
12:11 cait 3: Pulling from selenium/standalone-firefox
12:11 cait i might need it to run tests
12:11 cait QA... right?
12:11 tcohen good thinking
12:12 tcohen :-D
12:16 cait it#s only taking this long the first time... right?
12:17 tcohen right, because it is downloading things
12:17 tcohen that don't need to  be downloaded all the time
12:18 tcohen I usually launch it with  -d at the end, cait
12:18 tcohen so it doesn't take over the terminal
12:19 cait that's ok, i can have another terminal...
12:19 tcohen and you can see the progress with
12:19 tcohen docker logs -f koha_koha_1
12:20 cait let's keep it simple fo rnow :)
12:20 tcohen baby steps
12:20 cait yep
12:30 tcohen and?
12:31 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:31 cait koha_koha_1 exited with code 1
12:31 cait ?
12:31 cait yep, i think we have issues
12:32 cait
12:33 tcohen did it actually pull koha/koha-testing?
12:33 tcohen or is it an ancient image?
12:33 tcohen what branch are you on (kohaclone)
12:33 cait master
12:33 cait ah in kohaclone... not far from master for sure, i was testing beginning ofo the week sec
12:33 marion joined #koha
12:34 cait hmm
12:34 tcohen is it 20.11?
12:34 tcohen or master?
12:34 wahanui i think master is the WIP version. In May, whatever is in the master will become version 19.05 and we'll continue to work on it for the 19.11 version
12:34 cait i see what happened
12:34 cait it's the wrong git repo for koha
12:35 cait i'll fix that env variable, what do i need to do after that?
12:35 tcohen kd
12:35 tcohen run kd
12:35 tcohen so it takes all the things down
12:35 tcohen then make sure SYNC_REPO points to the right repo
12:36 tcohen if you want to test past branches
12:36 cait yes, i am on it
12:36 tcohen you can export KOHA_IMAGE=20.11-buster
12:36 cait th erepo it pointed too was ancient
12:36 cait i used to switch between 2 with the kohadevbox (just don't ask)
12:37 tcohen or you can have a working master one, switch to 20.11 your codebase, and make a few tweaks before callling reset_all
12:37 cait ?
12:37 tcohen ^^ that's what I do due to my bandwidth limitations
12:37 tcohen I have the master-buster docker image
12:37 tcohen and if I need to  test something on 21.05 or 20.11
12:38 tcohen I git checkout 20.11.x
12:38 cait maybe we focus on master for onw
12:38 tcohen and then call reset_all in KTD
12:38 tcohen ah, yes
12:38 cait ok, sync_repo pointing now to the right koha repo
12:38 cait new terminal
12:38 cait redo?
12:39 tcohen kd
12:39 tcohen to take it down
12:39 cait yep did that first
12:39 tcohen now ku
12:39 cait watching it now again
12:40 cait we are reindexing :)
12:42 cait We are her now, taking a while
12:42 cait koha_1       | Starting RabbitMQ Messaging Server: rabbitmq-server.
12:42 cait first time i'll see that n action if it works, rabbitmq wasn't there on my kohadevbox
12:44 cait tcohen: not moving from there - anything I could check?
12:45 cait or is it just done?
12:45 cait i have a koha :)
12:47 cait Zebra is working too, returning results...
12:48 tcohen :-D
12:48 tcohen it is done
12:48 cait now i get the -d
12:48 tcohen it will sit there on that terminal, it just prints any init script output
12:48 tcohen yeah :-D
12:48 tcohen now you enter KTD using
12:48 tcohen kshell
12:48 cait yep foudn that already
12:49 tcohen now most of the things will be familiar to you, as we basically migrated kohadevbox here
12:50 cait ku -d
12:51 cait if I want Elastic, which one would  I use?
12:54 oleonard In my experience if you want Elastic you have to be a 12th-level mage
12:55 Joubu edit .env
12:56 Joubu there is a ELASTICSEARCH var
12:56 Joubu /var/flag
12:56 Joubu set it to 1
12:58 cait oh
12:59 cait Joubu: so I don't need one of those other ku commands?
12:59 ngospodinov Hello. When a patron borrows a book, he receives an automatic email only after 10 minutes. Is there a way to send the email faster. The patron uses gmail
13:00 cait the checkout emails are sent every 15 minutes
13:00 cait I would not recommend to set this to a much shorter interval
13:00 cait because you increase the risk that they will receive multiple emails for one checkout session
13:00 Joubu the alias will use different docker file for ES
13:01 Joubu I think you will need to set the env var AND use the alias with ku-esX
13:01 ngospodinov aha okey
13:01 cait hm i set the .env for elastic
13:01 cait then did a kd
13:01 cait and a ku -d
13:02 cait Running [sudo koha-shell kohadev -p -c 'PERL5LIB=/kohadevbox/koha:/kohadevbo​x/koha/lib:/kohadevbox/qa-test-tools perl /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ -v --opac-base-url --intranet-base-url --marcflavour MARC21']...
13:02 cait Database is not empty! at /kohadevbox/misc4dev/ line 101.
13:02 cait what did I do wrong?
13:02 tcohen you forgot to run kd
13:02 Joubu the kd
13:02 Joubu but she said she ran it :)
13:03 cait maybe it didn't finish , trying again
13:03 cait looks better
13:03 Joubu cait: run koha-es6 instead of ku
13:03 cait orrr, i was asking that :)
13:03 cait does it not automatically select a nice one?
13:03 Joubu I replied to use ku-esX ;)
13:04 cait so 6 is the good one usually?
13:04 Joubu I think so
13:04 tcohen 5 is deprecated (elastic deprecated it)
13:04 cait ok
13:04 tcohen and 6 will be sooner than we would want
13:05 cait yes, I saw tuxayo's mail
13:05 cait I wante to spend today testing... but switching to ktd might be worth spending the time
13:05 Joubu I don't use the aliases
13:06 Joubu but so that you know, they only add additional docker-compose yml file to the `docker-compose -p koha up` command
13:06 cait i think this one is on oleonard
13:06 cait [NoNodes] ** No nodes are available: [http://es:9200], called from sub Search::Elasticsearch::Role​::Client::Direct::__ANON__ at /kohadevbox/koha/Koha/SearchEn​gine/Elasticsearch/ line 415
13:07 Joubu for instance with the aliases you cannot specify a DBMS version and an ES version
13:07 cait it's not working
13:07 tcohen I have my own aliases for that reason, Joubu
13:08 cait any ideas what went wrong?
13:09 Joubu I am starting it, pulling right now
13:10 cait thx
13:10 cait I'd love ot be able to test elastic again too
13:10 tcohen jenkins tells us it works
13:11 Joubu cait: try kd, then ku-es6 again, without -d
13:11 cait ok
13:11 Joubu and try to catch the last line starting with "es_1"
13:13 cait https://paste.koha-community.o[…]bmit=Format+it%21
13:13 cait ah there is more sec
13:14 Joubu yes, this is the start of the JVM, all good
13:14 cait es_1         | [2022-01-06T13:12:24,014][INFO ][o.e.x.m.p.NativeController] [yuZdYLK] Native controller process has stopped - no new native processes can be started
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24 140650977244928 [Warning] 'proxies_priv' entry '@% root@8483a49c9004' ignored in --skip-name-resolve mode.
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Creating database koha_kohadev
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Creating user koha_kohadev
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Giving user koha_kohadev access to schema koha_kohadev
13:14 cait db_1         |
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24+00:00 [Note] [Entrypoint]: Stopping temporary server
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24 140650976937728 [Note] mysqld: Normal shutdown
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24 140650976937728 [Note] Event Scheduler: Purging the queue. 0 events
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24 140650079037184 [Note] InnoDB: FTS optimize thread exiting.
13:14 cait db_1         | 2022-01-06 13:12:24 140650976937728 [Note] InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
13:14 cait koha_es_1 exited with code 78
13:14 Joubu there is a trick
13:15 Joubu it's in the readme iirc
13:15 Joubu[…]ting-docker/#tldr
13:16 cait hm
13:16 cait the second line is not working for me
13:16 cait sudo echo "vm.max_map_count=262144" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
13:16 cait gives me a permission denied
13:16 Joubu yes, the command is wrong
13:17 Joubu echo "vm.max_map_count=262144" | sudo tee /etc/sysctl.conf
13:17 Joubu try that ^
13:17 Joubu wait
13:17 cait waiting
13:17 Joubu pfiou
13:18 cait i am not going to ask what we just averted
13:18 Joubu echo "vm.max_map_count=262144" | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
13:18 Joubu *-a*
13:18 cait sure?
13:18 cait ;)
13:18 Joubu or it will truncate /etc/sysctl.conf
13:18 Joubu sudo vim /etc/sysctl.conf
13:18 cait I suspected that
13:18 Joubu and add "vm.max_map_count=262144" at the end
13:18 Joubu that's what the command does
13:18 cait not trusting yourself? :)
13:19 cait ah ok I'll run the second
13:19 Joubu I've tried the command now and it's working with -a ;)
13:19 cait kd ku-es6?
13:19 Joubu yes
13:19 cait update README? :)
13:19 Joubu tcohen: ^^
13:19 cait heh
13:20 cait I can't help to accidentally QA all the things I guess
13:21 cait looking better
13:21 Joubu tcohen: I am doing it
13:22 Joubu done
13:22 tcohen awesome
13:22 tcohen :-D
13:22 tcohen QA is a way of living, cait
13:22 cait elastic is working
13:22 cait it certainly seems so :)
13:22 Joubu \o/
13:22 tcohen cait: you will learn to love the kd + ku secquence
13:22 cait well kd ku-es6 :)
13:22 tcohen everytime you bust something, just start over clean
13:23 cait is there a reason we are not doing elastic by default?
13:23 cait just wondering - I am happy to know how to do it now and switching to zebra works as wlel
13:24 cait oleonard: maybe use the chat to have anothre try and levelling up your mage?
13:24 oleonard I think my problem is that those instructions don't work on macOS
13:25 cait aah
13:25 tcohen elastic on the mac
13:25 cait goign to dig into bug and mailing list mails for a little while now :) thx all!
13:25 cait Joubu++ tcohen++ - that was not as bad as I had expected ;)
13:26 cait by far
13:44 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:50 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:12 caroline joined #koha
14:13 cait if you'd stop making more bugs/changes it'd be much easier to go through the bug mail! :)
14:15 caroline Happy new year everyone!!
14:15 cait happy new year caroline :)
14:22 cait back in a little for docs meeting
14:29 lukeg joined #koha
14:37 caroline our newest intern is trying to signoff bug 29616, but when he gets to git bz attach -e HEAD, he gets "Failed to update bug 29616, status=200" Anyone know how to resolve this?
14:37 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29616 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Replace library information popup in the OPAC with a modal
14:40 tcohen git bz attach -e 29616 HEAD
14:40 tcohen ?
14:40 caroline yes
14:40 tcohen did they set the bz credentials?
14:40 tcohen (on git-bz)
14:41 caroline Is it this part? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]#Configure_git-bz
14:41 caroline He told me he did all of this, but I can check again (onboarding while in lockdown is not easy let me tell you)
14:48 Brooke joined #koha
14:48 Brooke 0/
14:48 cait joined #koha
14:49 oleonard-away Hi Brooke
14:49 Brooke :) how's it going?
14:50 oleonard As well as can be expected!
14:58 caroline sorry I've been MIA for so long, last year was rough for me... now I feel like I'm integrating the community as if it's my first time!
14:59 oleonard caroline: No apologies necessary
15:00 caroline thank you!
15:02 cait caroline: just happy to see you :)
15:02 cait hm no davidnind yet :)
15:02 cait do i have the right time?
15:02 caroline Are release notes still kept in the git repo? I'm not finding 21.05.01 + here[…]oha-release-notes
15:02 caroline I thought it was still in a nhour
15:02 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:03 cait oh! I am double checking
15:03 caroline I have 11am in my calendar and it's 10 am now
15:03 cait it's not showing in my calendar at all :(
15:03 cait ah - I see why, display issue
15:04 cait and you are right about the time :)
15:04 oleonard My calendar says it's in an hour
15:05 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:07 cait yep - not sure what I looked at earlier!
15:50 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:50 davidnind joined #koha
15:50 lucyvh joined #koha
15:51 Pascal joined #koha
15:54 marie-luce Hi all
15:54 marie-luce Happy new year!
15:54 cait hi marie-luce and happy new year to you too :)
15:55 kellym joined #koha
15:55 marie-luce thanks cait
15:55 davidnind hi marie-luce, happy new year to you to!
15:56 marie-luce Hi David
15:58 lucyvh Hi all, happy new year!
15:59 aude_c joined #koha
16:00 davidnind hi lucyvh, happy new year to you to!
16:00 aude_c hello and happy new year to you all as well :-)
16:00 davidnind #startmeeting Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022
16:00 huginn` Meeting started Thu Jan  6 16:00:48 2022 UTC.  The chair is davidnind. Information about MeetBot at
16:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
16:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'documentation_irc_meeting_6_january_2022'
16:01 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_6_January_2022
16:01 davidnind #topic Introductions
16:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:01 davidnind #info David Nind, New Zealand
16:01 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Quebec (Canada)
16:01 aude_c #info Aude Charillon, PTFS Europe, UK
16:01 kellym #infor Kelly McElligott, ByWater Solutions
16:02 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
16:02 marie-luce #info marie-luce, inlibro Montreal, Canada
16:02 lucyvh #info Lucy Vaux-Harvey, PTFS Europe
16:03 davidnind Great to have so many people here!
16:03 davidnind and Hi everyone
16:03 caroline davidnind++ for reigniting this :)
16:04 davidnind I eventually get there, sometimes...
16:04 marie-luce davidnind++
16:04 davidnind #topic Review of action points
16:04 Topic for #koha is now Review of action points (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:05 davidnind Not too many so far, I've addressed tow of mine but one still to do
16:05 davidnind #action davidnind to look at previous meetings and add any current or still relevant items as tasks to Bugzilla
16:06 davidnind ashimema is not here I think to update us on his one, so I will carry forward
16:06 davidnind #action ashimema to look at adding docs tasks to the dashboard (bug 29752)
16:06 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29752 enhancement, P3, ---, martin.renvoize, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Look at adding documentation tasks to the dashboard
16:07 davidnind #topic Project updates
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Project updates (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:08 davidnind Nothing from me to report on any of the projects, still adding as tasks to Bugzilla
16:08 davidnind #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ion_Team#Projects
16:09 davidnind #topic What's been done so far
16:09 Topic for #koha is now What's been done so far (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:10 davidnind It's been pretty quite of the holiday period, so not too much to report in the way of updates
16:11 davidnind congratulations to aude_c - first change pushed to the manual!
16:11 davidnind aude_c++
16:11 aude_c Haha, thank you!
16:11 lucyvh aude_c++
16:11 cait aude_c++
16:11 marie-luce aude_c++
16:11 caroline aude_c++ welcome!
16:11 davidnind hope the process wasn't too daunting and that there will be more! :)
16:12 aude_c Thanks; lucyvh picked a very easy one for me to start with.
16:12 davidnind lucyvh++
16:12 lucyvh I'm good at spotting the easy ones!
16:12 davidnind Thanks lucyvh!
16:12 cait lots of small steps are great :)
16:13 aude_c I tried to follow your instructions from the last meeting's agenda too davidnind (regarding Bugzilla); hope that's how you thought it should work
16:13 Pascal joined #koha
16:14 davidnind it was mostly there - I ended up merging all the commits into one and changing the commit message slightly
16:14 davidnind thanks for updating the bug as well, I think that is the first using the new way!
16:15 cait could yo ushare the bug number as an example?
16:15 aude_c Should I be merging all the commits into one before creating the merge request, then?
16:15 cait I think there is a checkbox on gitlab that might achieve that when doing the merge request
16:15 cait i have set it a few times, but didn't check the outcome
16:16 davidnind Anyone got anything else to share on what they've been working opn - nothing from me (apart from everything seems to be work in progress, and nothing finalised)
16:16 aude_c cait: Bug 29180
16:16 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29180 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, System preference RequestOnOpac should be renamed
16:16 aude_c I used your new keyword!
16:16 cait :)
16:17 aude_c cait: thanks for the gitlab tip
16:17 davidnind cait: there is in GitLab, it is a tick box to say merge the commits so that there is just one commit for the history  - it made it much easier than doing manually from the command line
16:18 cait I tihnk it might be on both sies then - when making the merge request and when merging it?
16:18 cait the tickbox
16:18 lucyvh Will do that in future too
16:18 lucyvh We were not sure what needed going regarding the google spreadsheet?  It's read only, so will you update that davidnind?
16:18 aude_c is it called squashing or is that something else? (Sorry, not used to the terminology!!)
16:19 davidnind I will have a look and document it next time I do a change
16:19 aude_c thanks
16:20 cait aude_c: couldn't find a picture yet, sorry
16:20 lucyvh thanks davidnind
16:20 caroline is there a link with the new procedure? Some of these things are new to me
16:20 davidnind the spreadsheet should be writable, so I will check that out
16:20 lucyvh davidnind++
16:20 cait hm so should we update bugzilla and spreadsheet then?
16:21 davidnind #action davidnind make sure spreadsheet for release changes (22.05 and 21.110 is editable by others
16:22 davidnind #action davidnind to write up changed workflow processes on the Wiki - using bugzilla for managing documentation tasks
16:24 davidnind just trying to find where we discussed this
16:24 davidnind one sec...
16:24 aude_c I used https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eeting_2021-12-16
16:24 davidnind aude_c++
16:24 davidnind thanks
16:25 aude_c I'm afraid I have another "newbie" question... Will the updates to the manual be in previous versions too?
16:26 reiveune bye
16:26 reiveune left #koha
16:26 aude_c Like, for the one I did the sys pref name changed in 21.11 - so will the 21.11 manual be updated?
16:27 davidnind I generally try to - master is updated, then I "cherry pick" the change for the previous version
16:27 aude_c Ah, great :)
16:28 davidnind mostly that works okay, but h=if there are a lot of other changes it may need to be done manually..
16:28 cait not sure if this topic will still come up - is there any progress on translations, more so updating the po files for 21.11?
16:29 davidnind It's on the agenda so will cover next
16:29 cait sorry ok
16:30 davidnind no problem!
16:31 davidnind was trying to add a summary of the workflow change...
16:35 davidnind summary of work flow change- using Bugzilla for managing documentation changes:
16:35 davidnind 1. Bugzilla task for release change has 'Manual' keyword added
16:35 davidnind 2. When the manual is updated: add a note to the bug saying the change to the manual was made, here it is for review, and that comments are welcome
16:35 davidnind 3. Add Manual-updated keyword (and remove Manual keyword)
16:35 davidnind I hope I've got that right!
16:36 davidnind Also, there are queries for Bugzilla for 22.05 and 21.11 to list items for a release with the 'Manual' keyword = see the agenda for the link
16:37 davidnind #topic Content development guidelines
16:37 Topic for #koha is now Content development guidelines (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:37 davidnind Not too much here, I will cover the translation issue first
16:38 davidnind #link Process for translating the manual: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]lating_the_manual
16:39 davidnind I've documented the process, so any any comments welcome
16:40 davidnind the only think I'm not sure of is updating the strings on Pootle - I think I need to send a message to the Translation Manager (Bernado)
16:40 cait on first glance the docs look good - some details like updating the po on pootle I don't know about either
16:41 cait it doesn't seem to have happended in a while
16:41 davidnind I haven't sent a message to the translation manager (Bernardo) yet, so I will do that after this meeting
16:41 cait recent changes didn't shop up for translatoin on the olders ones
16:43 davidnind I think the other change I was going to make was to get the strings updated once a month - see bug 29647
16:43 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29647 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, david, ASSIGNED , [DOCS] Update po files in manual repository
16:44 davidnind #action davidnind to work on getting the po files for the manual updated (bug 29647)
16:44 cait +1
16:45 davidnind anything else on translation - the mystery bit for me is how Pootle gets updated with the recent manual changes
16:46 davidnind apologies, am a bit slow this morning...
16:46 cait i think we need Bernardo to clear up some steps of th eprocess ultimately
16:47 davidnind hopefully we can get it fixed up reasonably quickly, so those who translate can translate!
16:48 davidnind I added commit messages as an agenda item, does anyone have any questions about this?
16:50 davidnind The main thing (and an update to https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]n#Commit_messages is required) is to used the format:
16:50 davidnind - Title = Bugzilla number: Short title
16:50 davidnind - Description: Explain briefly what has changed and why
16:51 davidnind This is basically similar to how Koha does things
16:51 davidnind Any comments/questions?
16:51 aude_c not from me
16:52 davidnind If we do it this way then the commit history should be relatively clean, see[…]/-/commits/master
16:52 lucyvh Is it useful to know which versions the change is for?
16:53 lucyvh To help with cherry picking to previous versions?
16:53 lucyvh Or does that overcomplicate things
16:54 davidnind If it helps you can add it to the commit message, otherwise add as a comment to the merge request
16:55 lucyvh Will do, thanks
16:55 davidnind so either add something along the lines that "This change was made in Koha XX.XX", which will act as a prompt for me
16:56 davidnind I normally try and check, for release related changes, which version I need to go back to
16:56 davidnind #topic Next steps
16:56 Topic for #koha is now Next steps (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
16:57 davidnind I'm still updating Bugzilla with the manual keyword for 21.11 release changes, 22.05 was up-to-date last week...
16:58 davidnind I don't have any particular priorities at the moment
16:59 davidnind I will update the list of easy, medium and hard tasks (https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ntation_Team#Easy.2C_medium_and_hard_tasks)
16:59 davidnind feel free to add anything you would like there
17:00 davidnind if anything the priority should be on updating new features for past releases
17:01 davidnind If anyone would like something to work on, using the manual keyword Bugzilla queries would be the place to start, and pick something
17:01 davidnind Otherwise, I'm, happy to suggest something
17:01 davidnind Do any of you have any particular areas you want to work on?
17:02 davidnind Also, where has the last hour just gone! :-D
17:03 lucyvh I'm still finding that I can't edit some of the larger rst files using gitlab in a browser - the edit page just hangs.  Not sure if anyone else finds this or has any advice?
17:03 aude_c No particular areas I want to work on; but certainly some I'll try to avoid!!
17:04 marie-luce :)
17:05 davidnind lucyvh: I think the only solution there is to work on them locally (which is a more complicated work flow intially) until  we can break things up into smaller files
17:06 davidnind I think I try to avoid cataloging (and MARC things) :-D
17:06 cait I hope to just get sth done right now tbh
17:07 cait but it's also good to keep docs in mind when doing QA
17:07 lucyvh Thanks davidnind  - 'complicated workflow' sounds bad!!
17:07 cait lucyvh: which are the files most problematic right now?
17:07 davidnind cait++
17:07 cait lucyvh: not super bad, but involving git instead of only the gilab website
17:08 davidnind it's not too bad, once you get the hand of it - clone the repository locally,
17:08 lucyvh I haven't been doing much lately but tried circpreferences.rst this afternoon and couldn't work with it
17:08 cait :( we had already split that one up
17:08 cait i was hoping it would be enough
17:08 lucyvh cait: I know sorry!!
17:08 cait not your fault at all
17:09 cait just was hoping it was something that I had an idea abou thow to solve :)
17:09 davidnind OI'll have a think about how to organise the system preferences section a bit better - am open to ideas if anyone has any...
17:10 davidnind and my spelling is atrocious this morning!
17:10 lucyvh I'll look into the local repository approach
17:11 lucyvh No worries if it's only me - I probably need a new laptop :)
17:11 caroline the thing is that when we split sections, they are also split as different pages in the manual, so we have to be mindful of that
17:12 cait yes, best is to make the split 'logical' in some way...
17:12 cait so it also caters to the structure of the manual
17:12 jzairo joined #koha
17:12 caroline I know we're way overtime, but do we still have plans of going in a less linear manual?
17:12 davidnind its not you, just a limitation using GitLab and large rst files  - you can generally click on the raw link
17:13 davidnind I do
17:13 cait we also had discussed having a video meeting - maybe that could be a first topic to gather ideas?
17:13 davidnind excellent idea cait!
17:13 lucyvh cait++
17:14 davidnind I will add a Bugzilla task for reorganising the manual, and add some ideas there as a starting point - everyone is welcome to comment
17:14 cait just glad the video meeting was not today, but wlil be ready next time :)
17:15 davidnind #action davidnind to add a Bugzilla task for reorganising the manual so that it is less linear
17:15 davidnind I was going to test Jitsi, but will leave to next time..
17:15 aude_c I've used Jitsi before; very easy to use
17:16 davidnind Is everyone okay to make the next meeting a video conference one?
17:17 lucyvh Yes sure
17:17 aude_c sure
17:17 marie-luce +1
17:17 davidnind #topic Set time of next meeting
17:17 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Documentation IRC meeting 6 January 2022)
17:18 cait +1
17:18 davidnind Okay we will go with having a video conference meeting for the next meeting
17:19 davidnind Same time if that suits everyone, and the first week of the month?
17:19 aude_c yes
17:19 davidnind which would be 3 February 2022, 16:00 UTC
17:19 davidnind #info Next meeting: 3 February 2022, 16:00 UTC
17:20 davidnind #endmeeting
17:20 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
17:20 huginn` Meeting ended Thu Jan  6 17:20:06 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
17:20 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-06-16.00.html
17:20 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-01-06-16.00.txt
17:20 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]06-16.00.log.html
17:20 davidnind Thanks everyone!
17:20 caroline thanks davidnind++
17:20 davidnind Apologies for going over time!
17:20 marie-luce thanks davidnind++
17:20 aude_c thanks. See you next time!
17:20 lucyvh Thanks davidnind++
17:21 lucyvh Bye all
17:21 cait davidnind++
17:21 blahdeblah joined #koha
17:22 davidnind I'll start weekly updates to the mailing list from this week, so hopefully that can get some discussion going on documentation topics and tasks
17:22 cait a great idea
17:23 marie-luce davidnind++
17:26 davidnind Seem to have given myself lots more things to do! :)
17:37 mtompset joined #koha
17:38 mtompset Wow! I finally made it back here. YAY!
17:44 cait wb :)
17:54 tcohen @seen Brooke
17:54 huginn` tcohen: Brooke was last seen in #koha 3 hours, 4 minutes, and 40 seconds ago: <Brooke> :) how's it going?
17:54 tcohen @later tell Brooke I missed your message!
17:54 huginn` tcohen: The operation succeeded.
18:02 AndrewFH joined #koha
18:18 mtompset Greetings, tcohen. Long time no see, online. :)
18:18 mtompset Thanks, cait .
18:25 tcohen hi mtompset !!!!
18:25 tcohen how are thing???
18:25 fridolin joined #koha
18:31 mtompset I think I like in the most locked down province in Canada. Generally okay. I have the power of 3 vaccines in me. But, I suspect with my son's rapid test positive, my family and I probably have Omni. Thankfully, it's just a bad cold as a result of being vaccinated.
18:31 mtompset Oops... I think I *LIVE*
18:32 mtompset Just came on to see that I could still do so, since I saw hex-chat update a couple times in the past. I had to reset my password. I forgot it.
18:33 mtompset I'm mostly doing coding in PHP now. Haven't had much time to look at the koha code base recently.
18:35 tcohen :-D
18:35 tcohen nice you're vaccinated,  same here
18:36 mtompset Kind of important when you have comorbidities like being overweight, sleep apnea, heart issues, etc.
18:37 mtompset So, what's the kid count now?
19:36 mtompset Now that I have this working again. I will check in more often. :)
19:36 mtompset Have a good day (24 hour period), #koha cait tcohen
20:02 oleonard It's always fun to be Googling some Perl thing and end up with Koha code in the results
20:07 oleonard (but I still don't know how to get GD::Barcode to show an error message )
22:07 lukeg joined #koha
22:38 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:20 lukeg joined #koha
23:25 cait joined #koha
23:26 cait joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary