IRC log for #koha, 2022-01-05

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #260: FAILURE in 15 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/260/
00:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #374: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/374/
00:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #114: SUCCESS in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U16/114/
00:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #375: SUCCESS in 31 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/375/
05:28 lmstrand joined #koha
05:29 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
05:29 wahanui Congratulations!
05:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #261: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/261/
06:15 fridolin joined #koha
06:16 fridolin hihi
07:09 reiveune joined #koha
07:10 reiveune hello
07:18 magnuse bonjour
07:23 marion joined #koha
07:53 alex_a joined #koha
07:53 alex_a Bonjour
07:57 cait joined #koha
07:59 cait1 joined #koha
08:01 marion joined #koha
08:04 cait1 bug 29796
08:04 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29796 major, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Cannot create new patron accounts
08:26 magnuse new patrons - who needs 'em? i say we just get rid of that "feature"
08:27 cait1 radical thought
08:28 cait1 a library finally free of users that untidy the shelves...
08:32 magnuse yup, win-win solution
08:35 cait1 ;)
09:06 alex_a joined #koha
10:10 Pascal joined #koha
10:42 Joubu anyone familiar with self-checkout?
10:44 Pascal joined #koha
11:25 oleonard Hi #koha
11:58 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:00 cait1 hi oleonard :)
12:10 cait1 hm what will be the next LTS after 19.11?
12:25 marion joined #koha
13:06 oleonard pastebot not working?
13:11 cait1 not sure I ever used it
13:11 oleonard Isn't that the bot that posts messages from
13:14 magnuse think so
13:18 cait1 is that when you check the checkbox?
13:19 cait1 ah no, you have to select a channel
13:19 pastebot "cait1" at pasted "Test" (1 line) at
13:19 tcohen rangi++ added SSL recently
13:20 cait1 nice
13:20 oleonard I thought I selected a channel, maybe I didn't.
13:20 cait1 i finally got to test bug 13545 which has been in Koha forever
13:20 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=13545 normal, P1 - high, ---, kyle, CLOSED FIXED, Add barcode image generator service
13:20 cait1 and love it :)
13:21 magnuse yay!
13:21 oleonard It occurs to me that we could create a little GUI for testing different parameters to see how the output looks
13:21 magnuse yay!
13:23 cait1 oleonard: I've tagged it for manual - hope I didn't just miss it
13:24 cait1 not sure wher eit should go... it's great for slips, but also in other places maybe? you coudl do QR codes for a list of new items or so
13:25 tcohen sounds great, cait1
13:28 cait1 also coudl go on ILL slips :)
13:30 cait1 hm a lot of our updated 20.11 have these coming from the daily crons:   Use of uninitialized value $val in substitution iterator at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 664.  Odd number of elements in anonymous hash at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 879.  Odd number of elements in anonymous hash at /usr/share/koha/lib/C4/ line 879.
13:30 cait1 and i am not even sure where to start looking
13:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U18 build #121: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U18/121/
13:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D11 build #148: SUCCESS in 39 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D11/148/
14:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D12 build #75: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D12/75/
14:10 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D9 build #123: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_D9/123/
14:14 cait1 oleonard: are you using the web based self check feature in your library?
14:15 oleonard No, I've only tested it.
14:18 oleonard Is there a bug you're investigating?
14:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #130: SUCCESS in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/130/
14:24 cait1 yes, but it's ok
14:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U16 build #130: SUCCESS in 35 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U16/130/
14:27 ngospodinov joined #koha
14:27 ngospodinov Hello!
14:31 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:31 wahanui Congratulations!
14:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_D10 build #193: FIXED in 1 hr 17 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_D10/193/
14:31 ngospodinov Hello. I have the following question. After attaching an electronic copy to an existing library record and then raising the flag to clear the item (which is only one), is there a way to search for the title of the same book in OPAC to get the attached electronic copy.
14:32 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:32 wahanui Congratulations!
14:32 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U_Stable build #124: FIXED in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…].05_U_Stable/124/
14:35 oleonard ngospodinov: I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking whether there is a way to go directly to the OPAC to view a record you're in the process of editing?
14:43 tuxayo meeting in 15min!
14:44 thd joined #koha
14:45 ngospodinov No. After raising the flag to clear the item, then I save the changes and only then search for the title of the same book in OPAC to get the attached electronic copy.
14:45 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:46 cait1 what you dou mean by 'clear the item'?
14:46 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:47 ngospodinov I mean delete
14:47 lukeg joined #koha
14:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U20 build #131: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_21.05_U20/131/
14:55 fridolin joined #koha
14:56 tuxayo meeting in 5 min!
14:56 oleonard ngospodinov: I still don't understand the terms you're using. What do you mean by "electronic copy" ?
14:56 tuxayo qa_team?
14:56 wahanui well, qa_team is cait, joubu, tuxayo, marcelr, kidclamp, khall, tcohen, ashimema, nugged, kohaputti, petrova
14:56 tuxayo rmaints?
14:56 wahanui i heard rmaints was khall, AndrewFH, wainui and tuxayo
14:56 fridolin le bonjour
14:57 AndrewFH the good morning :)
14:57 tuxayo le RM! :D
14:57 fridolin thanks :D
14:57 fridolin just out of bed
14:58 oleonard out_of_bed--
15:00 marie-luce joined #koha
15:00 tuxayo #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022
15:00 huginn` Meeting started Wed Jan  5 15:00:52 2022 UTC.  The chair is tuxayo. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn` Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:00 huginn` The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_5_january_2022'
15:01 tuxayo #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:01 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ng_5_January_2022 Today's agenda
15:01 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:01 tuxayo #info Victor Grousset, Tuxayo GmbH, France
15:01 fridolin #info Fridolin Somers, Biblibre, France
15:02 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:02 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:02 AndrewFH #info Andrew Fuerste-Henry, ByWater Solutions
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City [major COVID-19 centre take care]
15:03 kidclamp #info, Nick Clemens, ByWater Solutions
15:03 cait1 happy new year all :)
15:03 tuxayo #topic Announcements
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:04 tuxayo Any announcement that doesn't fit another topic?
15:04 tuxayo happy new year indeed!
15:04 Joubu #info Enjoy 2022!
15:04 * thd after a period of extra work in a retail environment has tested positive for the virus of the day despite vaccinations, extra ventilation, barriers, and 95% mask filtering.  I may be past my infectious period but please keep a safe distance.  Remember a virus is merely a bundle of information with replication instructions.
15:05 tuxayo thd: best wishes for remission (if that's the right word). Thankfully, nothing to be worried over IRC :)
15:06 tuxayo #topic Update from the Release manager (21.11)
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (21.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:06 tuxayo fridolin?
15:06 wahanui fridolin is, like, indeed, but maybe not on Rmain 18.11
15:06 tuxayo lol
15:06 cait1 wahanui forget fridolin
15:06 wahanui cait1: I forgot fridolin
15:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_21.05_U21 build #63: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_21.05_U21/63/
15:06 tuxayo :o
15:06 cait1 wahanui: fridolin is RM for 22.05
15:06 wahanui OK, cait1.
15:07 cait1 just fixing...
15:07 fridolin yey
15:07 fridolin I've starting again after a few hollidays
15:07 fridolin Kids have 4 weeks here
15:07 khall joined #koha
15:07 thd Seems mild so far but was hoping that symptoms were a less troublesome infection with more decades of experience for management.
15:07 tuxayo It's summer after all
15:08 fridolin indeed :)
15:08 fridolin Nothing special for RM
15:08 tuxayo #topic  Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:08 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:08 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
15:09 tuxayo As koha-jenkins just said, 21.05 builds ^^
15:09 tuxayo Nothing unusual for the 1st release of 20.05 this cycle
15:10 AndrewFH yeah, nothing to report on 21.05 at this time
15:11 AndrewFH Oh! except we're off of the usual point release numbering. Kyle did two releases in November 2021, so December was 21.05.08 rather than the standard 21.05.07. just FYI
15:12 tuxayo Nothing to worry about. Urgent security releases do that.
15:12 AndrewFH Yeah, I didn't see how it would cause trouble aside from mild confusion :)
15:12 fridolin this month 22 is on a weekend, we may release on next monday
15:13 cait1 rmaints++
15:13 tuxayo Right! Last month we forgot to coordinate to confirm the release date ^^"
15:13 tuxayo moving on?
15:14 tuxayo #topic Status of roadmap projects
15:14 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:16 tuxayo Anything on something?
15:16 fridolin it has been calm
15:16 thd Fixed some bugs in rsync copying of binary and other non-version control files for wiki.  I should be able to restart commits to version control again soon.
15:16 Joubu don't worry fridolin, I am back :D
15:17 thd s/wiki/wiki migration/
15:17 fridolin cool B)
15:17 thd I will not be running down my health point with all night sessions at least until I am clear from the virus.
15:18 tuxayo wise decision, even without sickness
15:18 tuxayo #topic Actions from last meeting
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:19 tuxayo > fridolin asks general ML about the discussed KohaCon22 bidding changes and announcement them at the beginning of January if there was not opposition.
15:19 fridolin done
15:19 fridolin there have been a few answers that agree
15:20 cait1 i was the one who put that up actually
15:20 cait1 the suggestions
15:20 cait1 and there was a misunderstanding actually .)
15:20 fridolin I also have contacted Stockholm University because they made a candidature in KohaCon19
15:20 cait1 I didn't mean to make the past continents valid again, but to give people the chance to host an online only meeting without losing the chance to host an in person conf the next 3 years
15:21 fridolin but they decline for 2022
15:21 cait1 i think some possible candidates might be holding back
15:21 cait1 becuse they hope to have a "real one"
15:21 cait1 that is close by, like all the european ones
15:21 fridolin i like the idea
15:22 tuxayo cait1: I don't remember if it was misunderstood of it inspired a similar proposal on the last meeting.
15:22 tuxayo Definitely related though
15:22 fridolin saying full-online can always propose is the same no ? th
15:22 cait1 I think it probably got lost in translation
15:23 cait1 I had to miss the last meeting, so couldn't explain it
15:23 cait1 i think yoru email only made past ones 'valid'
15:23 cait1 not talking about not losing the continents psot for the 23 one
15:23 cait1 not the same
15:23 fridolin ah i get it
15:24 fridolin ok to add this phrase, better be explicit
15:24 fridolin i hope we will have a proposal ...
15:24 cait1 yeah me too
15:25 cait1 the suggestions came from trying to attract more bids really
15:25 cait1 because we are running out of time... but an online conf might be something people might take on
15:25 tuxayo +1 it's better lossen up further more the rules with that.
15:26 cait1 oleonard: kidclamp: could you help phrasing? I failed already once :)
15:26 thd Do we have a scheme of preference for both in person with online component as opposed to online only?
15:26 cait1 Maybe: If an online only conference is proposed, the same continent will still be possible to hold KohaCon in the folling year not being removed from rotation?
15:27 cait1 we have asked for bids for either hybrid or online only
15:27 cait1 a sole in-person is not an option for this year
15:27 cait1 if we get more than one bid, we can hold a vote and people can factor in their preferences
15:27 kidclamp An online conference will not make a continent ineligible for future in-person conferences
15:29 cait1 oh or that
15:29 fridolin So action = I will make announcement and edit wiki page
15:29 cait1 maybe we should clarify timeframe?
15:29 cait1 thx frido
15:29 cait1 ineligible (forever... bidding next year)
15:30 tuxayo What was the chances about the timeframe again?
15:30 oleonard "An online conference bid will not make a continent ineligible for hosting an in-person conference the following year"
15:30 cait1 +1
15:31 cait1 tuxayo: hm?
15:31 tuxayo *changes
15:31 tuxayo oops
15:31 cait1 i think we said end of feb? or middle of feb?
15:31 fridolin wiki page says we add 4 weeks
15:32 fridolin so end of feb
15:32 cait1 can you share the link?
15:32 fridolin https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ontinent_rotation
15:32 fridolin If there is no bid after the deadline that meets the rules, there will  be a 4 weeks extension to the deadline. If there is still no bid after  the extension period, exceptions from the rules are possible.
15:32 cait1 ah, i was not aware of that passus, thx!
15:32 cait1 i think w don't hae to stick strictly ot that as we are already so late this year
15:33 cait1 I mean we can change the rules/exceptions right away with the extension
15:33 cait1 ... and pester every big library we know about hosting KohaCon
15:34 fridolin ++
15:34 fridolin but OK with end of Feb ?
15:35 fridolin not sure we will have several proposals to vote for
15:35 tuxayo # actionDRAFT fridolin announces timeframe extension (end of feb) and for this one allow proposals outside eligible continents, keeping priority to actual ones
15:35 tuxayo ##actionDRAFT fridolin chances wiki page with "An online conference bid will not make a continent ineligible for hosting an in-person conference the following year". And announcement de change
15:36 cait1 having one would be good
15:36 cait1 :)
15:36 tuxayo yes ^^
15:36 tuxayo ok for end of february
15:36 cait1 yes
15:36 cait1 i think it might take a little to dicsuss in institutions, so should not be too short
15:36 tuxayo So let's write the action and move on
15:36 cait1 yep
15:37 cait1 you already did :)
15:37 tuxayo #action fridolin announces timeframe extension (end of feb) and for this one allow proposals outside eligible continents, keeping priority to actual ones
15:37 tuxayo #action fridolin chances wiki page with "An online conference bid will not make a continent ineligible for hosting an in-person conference the following year". And announcement de change
15:37 tuxayo s/chances/changes
15:37 tuxayo >_<
15:37 tuxayo > fridolin bring back the topic of keeping or not marcflavour a param for: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]g.cgi?id=29652#c1
15:37 huginn` Bug 29652: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Move Koha::Biblio->get_marc_* to Koha::Biblio::Metadata
15:38 fridolin this is just to share the decision, any reason to keep this ?
15:38 fridolin looks like a very old code
15:39 fridolin without answers i'll remove it
15:39 cait1 it hink we need it still
15:39 cait1 in some form
15:39 cait1 there are some display things that also check for marcflavor
15:39 cait1 we are not always delaing with the records
15:40 cait1 oh, i think i misunderstood... we arenot taking about removing the pref...right?
15:40 fridolin noooo
15:40 cait1 ok, withdraw! :)
15:40 Joubu fridolin: yes, remove it
15:41 fridolin oki thanks
15:41 cait1 what Joubu says
15:42 fridolin action = new bug report to remove it, Bug 27268 dependency
15:42 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27268 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, aleisha, Pushed to master , Move C4::Biblio::GetMarcNotes to Koha namespace
15:44 fridolin tuxayo:  ?
15:44 tuxayo #action fridolin open ticket about removing marcflavour as a param in context of bug 29652. Add it a dependency of bug 27268.
15:44 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29652 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Move Koha::Biblio->get_marc_* to Koha::Biblio::Metadata
15:44 tuxayo > tuxayo inform mtj about the minor release (and no big deal if packages come after, no hurry for this one)
15:44 tuxayo Was done, mtj++ thanks for the packages
15:44 tuxayo > fridolin open a ticket for qa-test-tools about using _() or __() in the right context. .tt files vs .js files
15:44 fridolin done
15:45 fridolin we can discuss details in this ticket
15:45 tuxayo #link[…]tools/-/issues/55
15:45 tuxayo > tuxayo calls for volunteers to work on ES 7 support in the koha-devel mailing list
15:45 tuxayo dono
15:45 tuxayo *done
15:45 fridolin[…]tools/-/issues/55
15:46 fridolin your call have been eard at Biblibre, we plan to put some dev workers on it
15:46 tuxayo biblibre++
15:47 tuxayo For anyone interested in submitting patches or testing/reviewing , see bug 25439.
15:47 tuxayo Some look like trivial patches about default values
15:48 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25439 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [Omnibus] Prepare Koha to ElasticSearch 7 - ES7
15:48 tuxayo #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:48 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:48 cait1 biblibre++
15:48 fridolin I'd like to point Bug 29672
15:48 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29672 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, julian.maurice, Needs Signoff , Increase performance of Koha::Plugins->call
15:49 fridolin performance of plugins is really important, like for intranet_js hook ie
15:49 fridolin Joubu: could you continue on it please ?
15:50 Joubu continue what?
15:50 fridolin Bug 29672
15:50 Joubu add a reply, a follow-up? Wait for QA?
15:50 fridolin discuss with how to do it good
15:50 Joubu ok, will have a look at it again
15:50 fridolin followup id need
15:50 fridolin thanks a lot
15:51 fridolin we notices performance gap is more important when DB server is remote
15:51 Joubu I don't think something is needed, I was discussing with Julian and he told me I was wrong
15:51 fridolin ah
15:52 fridolin but there is a benchmark Comment 3
15:53 tuxayo You mean it needs a second run from someone else?
15:54 fridolin any help is welcome
15:55 fridolin lets move on
15:55 tuxayo Any other pressing general development discussion?
15:56 Joubu yes
15:56 Joubu have a look at bug 29746, it's great
15:56 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29746 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Passed QA , Add a handy Koha::Result::Boolean class
15:56 Joubu that's all :)
15:56 tuxayo go :)
15:56 cait1 :)
15:56 Joubu (no, that was not a discussion)
15:57 tuxayo moving on then :)
15:57 tuxayo #topic Review of coding guidelines
15:57 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
15:57 tuxayo > fridolin  : Remove the deprecated text parts in J5 ?
15:58 tuxayo #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]linked_JavaScript
15:58 fridolin its confusing
15:58 fridolin related to qa tools issue
15:59 oleonard The examples for how to leverage 21156 could be expanded, but removing the DEPRECATED information makes sense
15:59 cait1 yes, remove DEPRECATED
15:59 cait1 i mean everything that is deprecated...
15:59 fridolin it is since 19.11.04
16:00 fridolin i'll leave the reference to 21156
16:01 tuxayo So just removing everything from DEPRECATED to the end of  JS5?
16:01 fridolin yep
16:02 tuxayo no objections or amendments?
16:02 fridolin RIP ☠️
16:03 tuxayo #action tuxayo Update coding guideline JS5 to removed everything from DEPRECATED to the end of JS5.
16:03 tuxayo next
16:03 tuxayo >  Perltidy config ? There is xt/perltidyrc (untouched since 2008)
16:04 cait1 i think it was hard to agree on things back then
16:04 fridolin I have always use default config, but it may be wrong
16:05 cait1 what are the differences to default config?
16:06 fridolin i mean what are other dev using ?
16:06 fridolin ahhh https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]s#PERL1:_Perltidy
16:06 tuxayo The only uncommented stuff is
16:06 tuxayo --cuddled-else    --maximum-line-length=178     --opening-brace-always-on-right   --paren-tightness=1   --vertical-tightness=2
16:06 tuxayo
16:08 tuxayo
16:08 tuxayo > The default parameter settings approximately follow the suggestions in the Perl Style Guide.
16:09 tuxayo
16:09 fridolin ah ok, so maybe juste remove xt/perltidyrc
16:10 cait1 maybe we should write it down then
16:10 cait1 that the standard is used?
16:10 tuxayo Is it actually used by the related test?
16:11 cait1 also a good question
16:11 cait1 i tmigh tbe needed for the test
16:12 oleonard We seem to be slowing down...
16:12 tuxayo And maybe we keep it empty to have it ready for adding non default value? Or do we expect to unlikely something else than the default?
16:13 fridolin we may postpone this
16:14 tuxayo #action tuxayo check if xt/perltidyrc is used to see if we currently rely on it's values
16:14 tuxayo last!
16:14 tuxayo > Avoid formatting single words within sentences to ease translation (example: Bug 29589)
16:14 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29589 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Passed QA , Translation issue with formatting in MARC overlay rules page
16:14 fridolin i mean create a new guide line to explain that
16:15 oleonard I find that restriction to be be unreasonable, and I wish we could come up with a solution.
16:15 Joubu I reused the pattern on bug 29602 as well
16:15 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29602 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , We must be nicer with translators
16:15 fridolin oleonard: how is it a restriction ?
16:16 oleonard I want to be able to use markup in the middle of a sentence.
16:16 cait1 i think there have beens ome solutions proposed
16:16 cait1 but I don't remember exactly where .(
16:16 fridolin i mean the guide line can advice not to use it for translation
16:16 cait1 basically it was using a TT plugin i think
16:16 cait1 because TT stuff gets parsed into a sentence, we have issues with html elements
16:16 Joubu yes but it only adds a span
16:17 Joubu oleonard: do you mean you would like to use <b> for instance in a sentence?
16:17 Joubu https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=128698
16:17 cait1 it might be on the old bugs of mveron, when he cleaned up a lot of those
16:17 Joubu +                    The [%  pref_MARCOverlayRules_link | $KohaSpan %] preference is not set, don't forget to enable it for rules to take effect.
16:17 Joubu we could have [% string | KohaTab tag => 'b' %]
16:17 Joubu /KohaTab/KohaTag
16:17 cait1 I believe that should work with the tools
16:17 cait1 for translation
16:17 oleonard Joubu: Yes I would like to be able to <em>emphasize</em> words, for example.
16:18 cait1 i agree, it shoudl be possible
16:18 fridolin ah sure
16:18 cait1 woudl the proposed solution work oleonard?
16:18 Joubu no
16:18 cait1 hm?
16:18 Joubu it won't work I think
16:18 Joubu the [% string %] won't be translatable
16:19 cait1 hm right
16:19 cait1 can we assign text in TT varialbes that is translatable?
16:19 Joubu [% SET string = t("translate_me") %]
16:19 Joubu The [% string | $KohaTag tag => 'em' %] stuff blabla
16:20 Joubu but it will end up weirdly in the po
16:20 fridolin the purpose is to have in PO : The %s stuff blabla
16:20 fridolin right ?
16:20 Joubu you will have translate_me in one string, and the other "The %s blabla" in another one
16:20 cait1 i'll give an example i was working on today sec
16:21 Joubu BUT
16:21 oleonard I don't think we have to solve this problem now, but I wanted to express that I don't think a coding guideline is a long-term solution.
16:21 cait1 (Requires above, does not work during self-registration if PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail is set.)
16:21 Joubu [% SET string = ("The <em>Translate me</em> stuff blabla"); %]
16:21 Joubu will work
16:21 cait1 so the PatronselfRegistrationbyEmail is a link
16:21 cait1 and self-registration is too
16:21 Joubu missing t()
16:21 cait1 that makes to translate: if
16:21 Joubu [% SET string = t("The <em>Translate me</em> stuff blabla"); %]
16:21 Joubu ^^ that will work, problem fixed
16:22 cait1 is set.
16:22 cait1 which is... hard
16:22 cait1 Joubu++
16:22 cait1 so... who is going to try it out? :)
16:22 Joubu cait1: your version can be fixed using the other version, from 29602
16:22 cait1 yes and no, self registration is no pref
16:23 cait1 in that case
16:24 cait1 should we try it and make the coding guideline up next time?
16:24 cait1 the string on patron attributs config might be a good case
16:24 Joubu [% SET PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail_link = '<a href="/cgi-bin/koha/admin/​rch&searchfield=PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByE​mail">PatronSelfRegistrationVerifyByEmail</a>' %]
16:24 Joubu [% SET self_registration_link = '<a></a>' %] #Same as before
16:25 Joubu ha
16:25 Joubu yes, ok, will think about that
16:25 Joubu move on :)
16:25 fridolin oki
16:26 tuxayo #action tuxayo postpone "Avoid formatting single words within sentences to ease translation (example: Bug 29589)" to wait for test results
16:26 huginn` Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=29589 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Passed QA , Translation issue with formatting in MARC overlay rules page
16:26 tuxayo #topic Set time of next meeting
16:26 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 5 January 2022)
16:26 tuxayo The 19th at the same hour then
16:27 fridolin sounds good
16:27 cait1 tuxayo++
16:27 fridolin tuxayo++
16:27 tuxayo #info Next meeting: 19 January 2022, 15 UTC
16:27 tuxayo #endmeeting
16:27 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
16:27 huginn` Meeting ended Wed Jan  5 16:27:46 2022 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:27 huginn` Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-05-15.00.html
16:27 huginn` Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]2-01-05-15.00.txt
16:27 huginn` Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]05-15.00.log.html
16:27 Joubu fridolin: are you running the meeting string?
16:28 tuxayo thanks all for the attendance and participation.
16:28 fridolin Joubu: yep it works
16:28 tuxayo great thanks for the updating the wiki
16:28 fridolin i just need to configure for calendar, ive skipped last time
16:33 fridolin good day/night to you all, see you around ;)
16:46 oleonard The "holds to pull" report broken for anyone else?
16:49 oleonard Hm... not after a reset_all, only with my own testing data...
17:38 cait1 left #koha
17:42 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:50 AndrewFH joined #koha
17:54 ngospodinov_ joined #koha
18:05 ngospodinov_ Good evening all. Earlier today I wrote in connection with the attached electronic copy to an existing bibliographic record.  The electronic copy is the scanned book in PDF format. The bibliographic record is on the same book.  An item with a barcode, inv. number, author, title, etc has been created in this bibliographic record. My question is this: 1. After deducting (hiding it for users in OPAC) this item is there a way for users to see the attachment
18:07 kidclamp If you hide the item via  OpacHiddenItems  and set  OpacHiddenItemsHidesRecord  to "Don't hide" then the record will be visible and the attachment to the record should be visible
18:15 ngospodinov_ I will try this
18:45 reiveune bye
18:45 reiveune left #koha
19:06 ngospodinov_ where i can find OpacHiddenItemsHidesRecord
19:07 oleonard-away ngospodinov_: In system preferences
19:07 khall_ joined #koha
19:08 ngospodinov_ I cant find it there. I only find OpacHiddenItems
19:08 oleonard It was added in Koha version 21.05
19:10 ngospodinov_ Ok
19:11 ngospodinov_ I am with older version
19:13 ngospodinov_ Can I do something else on the older version or I have to install this version
19:14 oleonard I assume the feature was added because it couldn't be easily implemented otherwise, but I don't know.
19:15 ngospodinov_ Still Thank you very much!
19:44 ngospodinov_ If anyone has an idea how I can achieve the desired result in version 20.05 please share with me
19:53 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
19:53 wahanui Congratulations!
19:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1878: FIXED in 1 hr 7 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1878/
20:32 ngospodinov_ joined #koha
22:41 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:26 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:32 AndrewFH joined #koha
23:51 AndrewFH joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary