IRC log for #koha, 2021-07-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
01:18 khall joined #koha
01:38 khall joined #koha
02:11 khall joined #koha
02:44 khall joined #koha
03:16 khall joined #koha
04:23 khall joined #koha
04:25 dcook joined #koha
04:33 dcook Is it just me or is the web installer broken for fresh installs when using Plack?
04:33 dcook non-Plack works fine
04:33 dcook koha-schema-upgrade is also no good..
04:39 alexbuckley joined #koha
05:15 tuxayo :o
05:15 tuxayo Which step?
05:26 khall joined #koha
05:33 khall_ joined #koha
05:43 tuxayo dcook: I just speedran the installer and logged into Koha. Nothing unusual, what was the issue?
05:43 tuxayo (i'm on a plack install)
05:46 dcook tuxayo: Well, this is an unusual case i suppose
05:46 dcook It's taking an existing instance, upgrading, and then starting over with an empty database
05:47 dcook Perhaps there is some koha-create option or something I could've used. I find that command is almost unusable except for creating from scratch though
05:47 dcook Doesn't matter too much but good to know you didn't have issues
05:49 tuxayo dcook: «It's taking an existing instance, upgrading, and then starting over with an empty database»
05:49 tuxayo In which case it's doing that?
05:50 dcook testing an upgrade
05:50 dcook and don't have a prod backup so just trying to use a sample db
05:50 dcook Doesn't matter. I'll work it out.
05:51 dcook Working OK in CGI mode
05:51 dcook Although now having issues with the
05:53 dcook Although it worked fine in koha-testing-docker i thought..
05:55 dcook I guess I didn't need there..
05:56 lmstrandatdesk joined #koha
05:57 dcook Hmm don't know what was going on there but working now..
05:59 reiveune joined #koha
06:00 reiveune hello
06:01 dcook hola reiveune
06:01 tuxayo Hi reiveune :)
06:01 dcook Man.. working fine in koha-testing-docker but not in a package install..
06:01 tuxayo «but working now»
06:01 tuxayo It's magic
06:01 reiveune \o_
06:02 tuxayo :D
06:06 dcook Nah, just something different broke
06:06 dcook In an even more perplexing way
06:09 dcook Ah I was comparing apples to oranges
06:10 dcook I think might be a little broken in 21.05..
06:11 saa joined #koha
06:11 saa i am trying to configure elasticsearch in latest version of koha but it is throwing following error [NoNodes] ** No nodes are available: [], called from sub Search::Elasticsearch::Role​::Client::Direct::__ANON__ at /usr/share/koha/lib/Koha/Search​Engine/Elasticsearch/ line 416.root@linux:/usr/share/koha/bin
06:12 saa which version of elastic search should be insalled on ubuntu 21.01 and koha 21.05.01
06:12 saa can anyone help to guide properly
06:12 saa i tried installing 7.x as well as 6.x but above error is there
06:19 tuxayo saa: no support for ES7 as of now
06:19 saa ok
06:19 tuxayo > as well as 6.x
06:19 saa oh
06:19 saa so should i install 5.x
06:19 tuxayo I'm just quoting your message
06:20 tuxayo About that, that's should work. Are you able to query ES directly on ?
06:20 saa no
06:21 saa when i run rebuild_elasticsearch -v it throws above error
06:21 saa have i done any wrong configuration
06:21 dcook Ah looks like the Board patron type is the reason I as having issues..
06:22 tuxayo saa: can you check without Koha that ES is up and reachable from Koha's machine?
06:22 saa should i open browser and check
06:23 saa or can u tell me the way to check
06:23 tuxayo I don't know much about ES but that would be my way to go to troubleshoot this. Querying directly
06:24 saa k
06:25 tuxayo I just tried on my koha the following:
06:25 tuxayo curl
06:25 tuxayo And I got an output with various stuff from ES
06:26 tuxayo Testing in a browser should work.
06:26 saa let me chk reinstalling again
06:38 saa i install elasticsearch 5.x and when i ran  curl {   "name" : "fMSAqU8",   "cluster_name" : "elasticsearch",   "cluster_uuid" : "rMHtCwDjRBSWkDgJoTGMwg",   "version" : {     "number" : "5.6.16",     "build_hash" : "3a740d1",     "build_date" : "2019-03-13T15:33:36.565Z",     "build_snapshot" : false,     "lucene_version" : "6.6.1"   },   "tagline" : "You Know, for Search"
06:38 saa it gave above
06:39 saa so elasticsearch is installed
06:39 saa now when i run -v it gives error Can't open '/etc/koha/sites/ncl/searchengine​/elasticsearch/index_config.yaml' for input: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/YAML/ line 48.
06:43 jase joined #koha
06:45 jase Hello
06:46 jase I have updated my koha from 3.14 to 20.05
06:47 jase I have 150000 records under my biblio so want to migrate with same biblionumber with new koha.
06:47 jase I used  for updating but creating new biblionumber instead of old biblionumber in marc file.
06:48 jase Please help how to update same biblio number with new sysytem.
06:50 Nemo_bis congratulations for your update! I hope someone with experience in migrations will be able to point to some documentation
06:50 jase i used koha-upgrade-schema instance name which is also failed.
06:50 Nemo_bis (the last time I searched for such documentation was several years ago, I'm quite out of date)
06:51 jase Please help me if anyone know more about these issues.
06:56 tuxayo saa: ES5 isn't supported anymore I think. So ES6 only
06:57 saa oh
06:57 tuxayo retry with ES6. The last error index_config.yaml isn't related to ES5 I think so that's puzzeling
06:58 saa but when installed 5.x and tried installing analysis-icu it installed without any trouble
06:58 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 saa let me do again quickly with 6 and show u error
06:58 saa give me a sec
06:58 cait joined #koha
06:58 alex_a Bonjour
06:59 did joined #koha
06:59 jase I am using ES6
06:59 cait1 joined #koha
07:01 saa i tried installing elasticsearch 6.x and installed analysis-icu after doing this when I ran it threw error Can't open '/etc/koha/sites/ncl/searchengine​/elasticsearch/index_config.yaml' for input: No such file or directory at /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/perl5/5.30/YAML/ line 48.
07:01 saa do i need to do any change in any file
07:03 tuxayo saa: that not the same error as when you first tried right? Which was also with ES6
07:03 saa right
07:04 saa earlier i had done many changes in etc as well as in /etc/eleasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml but now i have not changed anything
07:04 saa i have just installed elasticsearch, restarted service and tried using rebuild_elasticsearch command in koha
07:05 jase You need to enable  /etc/koha/sites/ncl/searchengine​/elasticsearch/index_config.yaml in config file.
07:05 saa i have enabled that in koha_conf.xml
07:06 jase check file permision also
07:08 saa rw-r----- 1 root     ncl-koha  20K Jul 14 16:22 koha-conf.xml -rw-r----- 1 ncl-koha ncl-koha 2.8K Jul 14 12:16 log4perl.conf -rw-r----- 1 root     ncl-koha 2.0K Jul 14 12:16 zebra-authorities-dom.cfg -rw-r----- 1 root     ncl-koha 2.3K Jul 14 12:16 zebra-biblios-dom.cfg -rw-r----- 1 root     ncl-koha   26 Jul 14 12:16 zebra.passwd
07:08 tuxayo jase: indeed bulkmarcimport should allow to keep the biblionumbers. Since you use a marc export that doesn't contain the biblionumbers. I don't know what would be a clean way to do this.
07:09 tuxayo Ideally there would be a way for you to not have the constraint of keeping the biblionumbers. But that would be too easy right? ^^"
07:09 khall joined #koha
07:10 tuxayo saa: ls -l /etc/koha/sites/ncl/searchengine​/elasticsearch/index_config.yaml
07:10 tuxayo But it's already known that it's not there
07:10 saa yes searchengine folder itself is not there
07:10 tuxayo I don't know how is that file created, could it be somewhere else? Or with just a typo
07:10 saa how to create it
07:11 dcook Boo metacpan is down..
07:11 saa it available in usr/share/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/admin/searchengine
07:15 saa i commented out all lines where overwrite option was there and again tried command and now it is indexing data
07:15 saa tx
07:15 saa let me finish this process and come back if there is still any error
07:15 saa tuxayo tx
07:16 lds joined #koha
07:18 jase If anyone know,  how to keep same same bibblionumber while migrating from version 3.14 to 20.05
07:19 jase I tried many ways but still not get the results
07:19 tuxayo saa: IIUC the index_config.yaml in /usr/share should be the default file. So it should have been copied in the config directory of your Koha instance.
07:20 tuxayo I don't know how it's supposed to be done. But there was something missing in the setup of your Koha instance and using the file from /usr/share is a circumvention.
07:20 saa should i recreate my instance
07:21 tuxayo Also, IIRC this file can be edited via Koha, but it won't work. As this file in /usr/share won't be writable for Koha. And if you manually edit it as root. When updating Koha, that will conflict is the default file is changed.
07:22 saa so what is correct way to get it
07:23 tuxayo > recreate my instance
07:23 tuxayo Yes, at least try a parallel one. Recheck carefully the instructions and check if the files in /etc/koha/sites/INSTANCE_NAME/ are there
07:23 saa ok tx
07:24 saa why i am trying elasticsearch is koha takes lot of time in searching records if we use zebra
07:24 saa do u have any answer on this
07:24 saa if zebra works fine we would stick to zebra only
07:25 tuxayo jase: is there a way for you to not need to keep the bibblionumbers?
07:25 tuxayo If on a test 3.14 install, you load you production data, and try a direct upgrade (no exporting and importing) is the result working?
07:26 tuxayo saa: I'm not sure to understand. So you need ES because Zebra is too slow for your usecase right?
07:26 tuxayo About redoing you install, which instructions did you use?
07:26 tuxayo *your install
07:29 saa <tuxayo> saa: I'm not sure to understand. So you need ES because Zebra is too slow for your usecase right? YES
07:29 saa <tuxayo> About redoing you install, which instructions did you use? I simply downloaded ES 6.x deb file and installed and koha was installed through wiki instructions
07:30 petrova joined #koha
07:31 jase I want to keep biblio numbers beacuse all records updated in DOI
07:34 tuxayo saa: so, these ones? https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ian#Elasticsearch
07:34 tuxayo Just to be sure.
07:34 saa yes correct
07:38 tuxayo Anyway, that's a far as I can stay. Good luck you two. If still stuck, ask again in hours so there will be people from different timezones/moments of their day.
07:38 tuxayo Next step will be to ask in the general mailing-list:[…]ha-mailing-lists/
07:39 tuxayo So, good night all, see you at the IRC meeting for those who will attend :)
07:44 saa tx a lot tuxayo
07:47 petrova joined #koha
07:51 jase Please check my quries.
07:53 * tuxayo gives a last peak at the chat
07:54 tuxayo jase: You should ask in the general mailing list, it's a tricky migration case. There are more people there with migration experience
08:00 jase share any contact in general mailing list for checking my quries.
08:09 ashimema cait around ?
08:09 tuxayo jase:[…]ha-mailing-lists/
08:12 paul_p joined #koha
08:14 khall joined #koha
08:39 petrova joined #koha
08:52 davidnind joined #koha
08:55 severine_q joined #koha
08:55 severine_q Hello Koha :)
09:16 khall joined #koha
09:29 cait1 hi severine_q :)
09:29 cait1 ashimema: kind of around now, what's up?
09:33 awazez joined #koha
09:48 ashimema I was going to ask how much you understand about 'Holdings' records?
09:49 * ashimema is seeing lots of parallels in bug 20447 and bug 24857 in terms of overall targets..
09:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20447 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Signed Off , Add support for MARC holdings records
09:49 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24857 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Signed Off , Add ability to create "Volumes" for records, and assign items to volumes
09:49 ashimema but they take two very different approaches
09:50 ashimema also been thinking again about the 'Bundles' bug and how we might be able to make it work from both perspectives.. in MARC and in DB.. both or just one.
10:17 khall joined #koha
10:21 khall_ joined #koha
10:22 cait1 hm i know some about Holdings
10:22 cait1 we process MARC Holdings when importing data into Koha
10:23 cait1 so I have seeen quite a bit of them - but I haven't tested the patch for Koha
10:23 cait1 I thin i give initial feedback on the RFC - it's on the wiki
10:23 cait1 ashimema:  ^
10:23 ashimema yeah, I read the RFC
10:23 ashimema indeed
10:23 cait1 i think the idea usually is not for "bundles2... but it could be helpful
10:24 ashimema I think it looks like a reasonable addition, especially given they've made it entirely optional
10:24 cait1 yes
10:24 cait1 we have been missing this "level"
10:24 cait1 at the moment waht we do is writing information from the holdings into the bibliographic records before importing into Koha
10:24 ashimema well.. I SO'd.. so it's awaiting QA now
10:24 cait1 I am curious to see how we might be able to improve workflows long term
10:24 cait1 time... :(
10:24 ashimema mm
10:25 cait1 just preparing for another meeting and trying to have a bite before it
10:25 ashimema I'm still interested in how it fits with Kyles Volumes work
10:25 ashimema that also sorta introduces the same level.. but in an entirely different way
10:25 ashimema hugs
10:33 khall joined #koha
10:49 cait1 MARC holdings is maybe too complicated for some - unless we have tools to make the linkings/entries more automatic/comfortable maybe
10:50 paxed the marc holdings change is in use in the finnish national library and they absolutely need it
10:51 paxed and it's marc format stuff
10:51 paxed unlike the (rather cryptically named, imo) volume level holds?
10:53 cait1 paxed: not disagreeing with you at all
10:53 cait1 just talking about how it might relate to other proposed features
10:53 cait1 like the volumn one ashimema mentioned
10:54 cait1 using the holdings for that purpose might be a little overkill - or might require some nice to handle helpers
10:54 cait1 it's totally MARC standard and I think we shoudl have them :)
10:55 paxed ah. i thought it was an either-or situation
10:55 ashimema Indeed.. I was looking at it from he perspective of how do we use Holdings records but still make it simple enough to achieve the stuff 'Volumes' does
10:55 ashimema well.. I personally think it's really confusing to have such similar functionality both make it in ;)
10:56 ashimema but I'm keen for 'Holdings' to win.. I wasn't really aware how similar they are until yesterday though
10:56 paxed i'm not at the national library, so can't really say for sure (i'm at the public libraries), but we have a long-standing ticket for holds where any of multiple copies fulfill it
10:57 ashimema such a shame when things like this happen.. would have been great to see Kyle test/qa Holdings rather than write a 'simpler' competing piece
10:57 paxed (not just a "volume", but for example a different course material books)
10:57 ashimema there's a 'hold groups' feature somewhere isn't there..
10:57 ashimema I've lost track honestly.
10:58 paxed we're running an old koha fork, so not for us. haven't kept up to community, because resources.
10:58 ashimema I'm basically re-investigating all this stuff as we have a contract to add 'boxes' or 'collections' or 'bundles' or whatever at the other end of the structure.
10:58 paxed ahh
10:59 ashimema with the same time we need to add 'bookings' so rather than just reserving an item for next in queue when it comes back.. people can actually book a time slot for it.
11:29 ashimema hope the floods haven't affected you at all cait
11:32 marcelr joined #koha
11:32 marcelr hi #koha
11:33 ashimema hi marcelr
11:33 ashimema just about to head out for a bit, but may catch you later for a chat
11:34 ashimema also wondered if you might be a good candidate to QA bug 20447.. think it needs some librarian perspective.. the code looks reasonable so far.. and in my understanding all seems sane enough.. but I'm by no means a cataloguer
11:34 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=20447 new feature, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Signed Off , Add support for MARC holdings records
11:36 marcelr could have a look, no cataloger too ;)
11:53 khall_ joined #koha
12:16 khall joined #koha
12:16 davidnind left #koha
12:22 oleonard-away cait1: I was able to reproduce Bug 27081...and then I wasn't.
12:22 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27081 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Notes missing from lost items report column configuration
12:33 paxed ashimema: not knowing what you mean by "'boxes' or 'collections' or 'bundles'", couldn't those be catalogued as "kits"?
12:34 oleonard I wonder if the original intention of the add item form is that if you leave an "important" field empty you're supposed to be able to continue after confirming.
12:36 Joubu oleonard: yes
12:43 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:45 oleonard It doesn't work that way :)
12:47 Joubu only on the add item form
12:47 Joubu
12:47 Joubu bug 28690
12:47 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28690 normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Important and mandatory not checked on all item forms
12:50 oleonard Haha you discovered the bug after filing 28689 just as I did after working on 28689
12:52 oleonard Our cataloging-related JS is spread out over so many files
12:56 Joubu oleonard: I found it after bug 27526 actually. Its mid-term goal is to refactor/centralize the code for the add/mod item forms
12:56 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
12:56 Joubu which will fix those inconsistencies hopefully
12:57 oleonard Let me know if there's anything I can do to help
12:57 oleonard I was playing around with changing out such errors are displayed in Bug 28694
12:57 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28694 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Check alert in cataloguing should be a modal
13:00 alex_a joined #koha
13:02 Joubu oleonard: working your patch on top of 27526 to prevent conflicts will be help a lot :)
13:02 Joubu s/working/writing
13:03 oleonard I will do that... I'm not sure that my current proposal is the correct one.
13:07 oleonard Joubu++
13:07 oleonard 27526 looks like a lot of work
13:09 Joubu not much, yet. But it's the start of something bigger :) If we have the different item forms all using the same code that would be great
13:09 Joubu They have been made unecessarily too complex
13:12 * oleonard biab
13:28 petrova joined #koha
13:30 thd joined #koha
13:42 oleonard joined #koha
13:42 oleonard Oh dangit, patched the wrong bug report :(
13:48 petrova joined #koha
13:53 marie-luce joined #koha
13:53 Joubu oleonard: Does my comment on bug 28694 make sense?
13:53 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28694 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, NEW , Check alert in cataloguing should be a modal
13:55 marcelr ashimema: i would be bit hesitant to qa 20447 as long as its base is still pending in PQA
13:56 ashimema fair enough
13:56 tuxayo meeting in 5 min!
13:56 ashimema it's in Joubu queue to push so I'm sure it'll happen soon enough
13:56 ashimema dang.. meeting
13:56 ashimema I'm so bad at this
13:56 tuxayo qa_team? rmaints?
13:57 tuxayo qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, kidclamp, khall, tuxayo, petrova, nugged
13:57 tuxayo rmaints is probably fridolin, khall, kidclamp, wainui and tuxayo
14:00 nugged o/
14:02 ashimema #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021
14:02 huginn Meeting started Thu Jul 15 14:02:41 2021 UTC.  The chair is ashimema. Information about MeetBot at
14:02 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:02 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:02 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_15_july_2021'
14:02 ashimema #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ting_15_July_2021 Agenda
14:03 ashimema #topic Introductions
14:03 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:03 ashimema #info please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes
14:03 petrova #info Peter (Petro) Vashchuk, National Library of Finland, Helsinki
14:03 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe, UK
14:03 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
14:03 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:03 marcelr #info Marcel de Rooy
14:03 thd #info
14:03 Joubu (I might disappear in the middle of the meeting)
14:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
14:04 ashimema #chair Joubu
14:04 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
14:04 ashimema #chair tuxayo
14:04 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema tuxayo
14:04 tuxayo :D
14:04 ashimema #topic Announcements
14:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:04 ashimema Anyone have anything to announce?
14:05 ashimema did I imagine hackfest dates have come out?
14:05 tuxayo no, it happened
14:06 * tuxayo digs
14:06 Joubu Next year: march 28th - april 1st.
14:06 Joubu " PS : it's not an april fool"
14:06 ashimema #info The next Marseille Hackfest has been announced: March 28th - April 1st.
14:06 khall_ joined #koha
14:06 ashimema Get those hotels booked :)
14:06 tuxayo thanks Joubu
14:07 Joubu be all there, it will be fun!
14:07 ashimema Paul also suggested that that's the new dates generally going forward didn't he..
14:07 * oleonard will move mountains to make it
14:07 ashimema so people can plan way ahead now :)
14:08 ashimema moving on
14:08 ashimema #topic Update from the Release manager
14:08 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release manager (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:08 ashimema over to you Joubu
14:08 Joubu I am very slow at everything, sorry about that
14:09 Joubu Bug 17600 is going to be pushed very soon (for real), like tomorrow. It took me way more time than expected.
14:09 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Passed QA , Standardize the EXPORT
14:09 tuxayo found! https://lists.koha-community.o[…]-July/046602.html
14:09 tuxayo #link next hackfest announcement https://lists.koha-community.o[…]-July/046602.html
14:09 Joubu I will be back to process the PQA queue beginning of next week and I will deal with the conflicts (on those ones) caused by 17600.
14:10 tuxayo #info and fixed dates for futures ones: 4th week of March
14:10 Joubu that's all :D
14:10 Joubu ha
14:10 ashimema Joubu++
14:10 ashimema #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
14:10 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:10 Joubu bug 12561, bug 3142, bug 27829, bug 25078
14:10 Joubu and bug 27526
14:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=12561 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Remove non-XSLT views
14:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]w_bug.cgi?id=3142 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Needs Signoff , Standardize how OPAC and staff determine requestability
14:11 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27829 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , [OMNIBUS] Remove specific LANG installer data
14:11 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Update DB process - wrap each DBRev inside a transaction and better error handling
14:11 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
14:11 Joubu is my top priority list
14:11 nugged #info Andrew Nugged, National Library of Finland, HELSINKI
14:11 ashimema :)
14:11 nugged ( 🤷‍♂️ )
14:12 ashimema anything to say tuxayo.. think you're the only rmaint here
14:12 tuxayo right! missed the topic
14:13 ashimema well it looks like rmaint has been ticking along ot me
14:13 ashimema so lets move on
14:13 ashimema #topic Updates from the QA team
14:13 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:13 ashimema cait
14:13 tuxayo #info RMaint: few backports, one regression found in vairous releases and someone submitted a fix, do all good
14:14 marcelr cait1
14:15 * Joubu disappears
14:15 tuxayo :o
14:15 tuxayo Minimal QA from me in the form of following up on stuff that I tested.
14:16 ashimema #info QA is running OK. Please keep an eye on your emails QA team, cait gives good direction.
14:16 tuxayo indeed!
14:16 ashimema #topic Status of roadmap projects
14:16 Topic for #koha is now Status of roadmap projects (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:17 ashimema I've not kept up at all this month.. has anything moved on the roadmap?
14:17 ashimema #info Bug 17600 is about to be pushed! :)
14:17 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=17600 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Passed QA , Standardize the EXPORT
14:18 ashimema #info Bug 27526 is nearing the top of the RM's priorities again, lets get testing/qaing asap.
14:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
14:18 ashimema #info Bug 25078 is in good shape, needs a QA eye.
14:18 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25078 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Signed Off , Update DB process - wrap each DBRev inside a transaction and better error handling
14:19 thd I resent an email to people in the wiki group where Joubu had not seen messages from me.
14:19 tuxayo yep, it's greap!
14:19 tuxayo *great
14:19 ashimema #info Accessibility improvements - Bugs attached to bug 28188 - Please help them move forward by testing.
14:19 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28188 minor, P5 - low, ---, bolshawh, ASSIGNED , Accessibility: OPAC - the contrast ratio for text is insufficient [OMNIBUS]
14:20 ashimema #info Wiki migration - Email sent to the wiki group, please reply as necessary.
14:20 thd Gmail treats messages from my mail server as unauthenticated likely junk.
14:20 oleonard ashimema: Wrong bug number? I don't see dependent bugs on 28188
14:20 ashimema #info Bug 22544 is moving forward rapidly, needs a final QA and then next steps
14:20 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, RESOLVED FIXED, Move C4:NewsChannels to Koha namespace
14:20 thd The important thing to know is merely whether someone did not receive a message from me last week.
14:21 ashimema humm.. that's the bug number listed on the roadmap.. seems they've not actually added bugs to it yet :(
14:21 marcelr pushed
14:21 ashimema I did.. but it went to spam again
14:21 ashimema ooh.. pushed now.. damn
14:21 ashimema I can't keep up :)
14:22 marcelr redundancy
14:22 ashimema #info News - I meant bug 24387
14:22 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=24387 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart+koha, Patch doesn't apply , Rename News tool
14:22 ashimema Joubu ^ I couldn't resolve the merge conflict there.. it confused me
14:22 thd ashimema: If you whitelist my domain as Joubu did, I promise never to send any actual spam.
14:23 tuxayo ^^
14:23 ashimema I think the rest of them are further off.. I will send some chaser emails out asap.
14:24 ashimema #topic Actions from last meeting
14:24 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:24 thd Part of the issue for acceptance of my mail server is that my mail system actually runs on and merely pretends to send from .
14:24 ashimema #action ashimema Talk to key players about message passing for alerts
14:24 ashimema I didn't manage to get to that.. too many things on my plate :(
14:25 ashimema #topic General development discussion
14:25 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:25 ashimema I don't see any topic listed on the agenda, so we can move on unless anyone has anything they'd like to raise?
14:25 ashimema #topic Review of coding guidelines
14:25 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:25 ashimema #info Nothing to discus
14:26 ashimema #topic Set time of next meeting
14:26 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 15 July 2021)
14:26 nugged Victor wanted to discuss something about action_log and unblessed?
14:26 nugged (Petro?)
14:26 tuxayo oh right!
14:27 ashimema ok.. go for it.
14:27 tuxayo to follow up on the petrova email
14:28 ashimema I don't see an email from petrova
14:29 tuxayo I don't have anything myself to say on the topic but I can relay some things from[…]1-07-12#i_2364995
14:29 tuxayo email => irc actually
14:29 tuxayo they found there action_logs table grow from 4g to 35g in weeks
14:29 nugged yes
14:30 tuxayo due to some perl blessing thing that caused date ending up in the DB in a very verbose form
14:30 nugged and it was because item MODIFY log entries was 370Kb each
14:30 nugged because two things: indented dumps with lot of spaces (370Kb -> 48Kb not indented)
14:31 marcelr there are some bugs in the queue now for that ?
14:31 tuxayo #info if anyone have a massive increase of action_logs, check out bug 28700 and 28692
14:31 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28700 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Needs Signoff , "Unblessed" method in has blessed values for keys in some cases
14:32 tuxayo #info and eyes and opinions are needed for the proposed solutions
14:32 nugged and because ->unblessed returns DateTime objects inside unblessed results (sometimes and for explained in the ticket reason reason)
14:32 marcelr there is also another one for whitespace
14:32 ashimema #info See bug 28700 and bug 28692 for details around action_logs growth and unblessed.
14:32 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28692 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stalkernoid, Needs Signoff , Reduce DB action_log table size
14:32 ashimema too slow :)
14:33 nugged yes, these two tickets
14:33 ashimema ok.. lets take a look and get back later on those
14:33 tuxayo So that's the sums of the things.
14:33 tuxayo *sum up
14:33 * ashimema has to go collect kids from school
14:33 ashimema #info Next meeting: 21 July 2021, 14 UTC
14:33 ashimema seem OK to people?
14:33 marcelr huh 6 days
14:33 nugged our libraries started inventory check and get out of space on hosting :).
14:33 tuxayo in 6 days?
14:33 nugged ok then.
14:34 ashimema ack
14:34 ashimema I emant 28th
14:34 ashimema #info Next meeting: 28 July 2021, 14 UTC
14:34 ashimema my bad
14:34 ashimema thanks#
14:34 tuxayo good to me :)
14:34 * ashimema will not be around for 28th, but I'm sure someone can run it for us ;)
14:34 ashimema #endmeeting
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
14:34 huginn Meeting ended Thu Jul 15 14:34:51 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
14:34 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-07-15-14.02.html
14:34 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-07-15-14.02.txt
14:34 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]15-14.02.log.html
14:34 tuxayo ashimema++
14:34 ashimema thanks chaps
14:35 tuxayo See you all.
14:35 * tuxayo runs for groceries
14:38 khall joined #koha
14:57 jim_ joined #koha
14:58 jim_ anyone here
14:58 oleonard jim_: Whether anyone is here depends on what your question is ;)
15:00 jim_ Sir I have barcoades which are 7 digits but I want to make it 6
15:00 jim_ what are ways I can edit
15:03 oleonard You can change item barcodes in the Cataloging module using the item edit form.
15:05 jim_ that is individually I have around a 100 such barcodes to edit
15:05 jim_ so I want to edit in a range or in bulk
15:07 oleonard I don't believe Koha offers any way to do that. You could export your records, manipulate them outside of Koha, and then re-import them.
15:07 caroline_catlady I agree with oleonard I don't think you can do that inside Koha
15:07 oleonard Barcodes are generally assumed to be a physical label on an item, so bulk changes of barcodes involves physical alteration of the items. It's not usually an automated process.
15:08 caroline_catlady maybe it could be possible in the db directly
15:08 caroline_catlady something like update items set barcode = right(barcode, 6);
15:08 caroline_catlady I haven't tried it so test it first
15:11 jim_ Caroline if this could be tried I think it would be of great help
15:11 jim_ to others also if someone face such an issue
15:13 caroline_catlady jim_: can you give me an example of a barcode that you have and what you want it to be?
15:14 caroline_catlady like 1234567 -> 234567
15:16 reiveune bye
15:16 reiveune left #koha
15:17 jim_ yes for example i have a barcode 5801 I want a 0 to it and another barcode I000898 with an extra 0
15:17 khall joined #koha
15:18 jim_ So I want them to be modified as per 6 digit
15:18 jim_ 5801  in this it should be 05801
15:19 jim_ 5801 sorry i mean 005801
15:28 caroline_catlady jim_: ok for this case (where the barcode is shorter than 6 digits) you can do this command in the db
15:28 caroline_catlady update items set barcode = lpad(barcode,6,0) where length(barcode) <= 6;
15:29 caroline_catlady I just tried it and it gave me
15:29 caroline_catlady MariaDB [koha_v20_dev_inlibro]> select barcode from items where barcode like "%5801%";
15:29 caroline_catlady +---------+
15:29 caroline_catlady | barcode |
15:29 caroline_catlady +---------+
15:29 caroline_catlady | 005801  |
15:29 caroline_catlady +---------+
15:29 jim_ this command I need to put in SQl right
15:29 caroline_catlady yes exactly
15:29 jim_ Wo great
15:29 caroline_catlady try it on a test db first if you can
15:30 caroline_catlady or at least backup your db
15:30 jim_ yes I have a test one at home
15:30 caroline_catlady great
15:32 jim_ i saw a SQL report can I share here can that be modified to achieve the other issue I wonder
15:33 caroline_catlady the other issue being the longer barcodes?
15:33 jim_ yes
15:34 caroline_catlady what shoudl I000898 become?
15:34 jim_ where the 0 is extra within a barcode
15:34 jim_ yes it has an extra 0
15:34 caroline_catlady so the end result should be I00898?
15:35 jim_ correct
15:35 caroline_catlady hm, this one is harder...
15:36 caroline_catlady I don't think it's possible to change those in bulk, at least I don't have the knowledge for it
15:36 jim_ Oww
15:37 caroline_catlady maybe you can try asking on the mailing list[…]ha-mailing-lists/
15:38 jim_ Thank you for your help
15:38 jim_ and sorry for the trouble
15:56 jim_ joined #koha
15:57 jim_ can we map 852 data to 952
16:11 jim_ anyone here
16:24 khall joined #koha
16:35 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:41 lukeG joined #koha
17:38 cait1 @later tell jim_: you could, but don't do it. The indexing is set up for 952, much easier to change your data than to adapt all necessary configuration
17:38 huginn cait1: The operation succeeded.
17:38 cait1 left #koha
17:42 did joined #koha
18:34 tuxayo @later tell jim : you could, but don't do it. The indexing is set up for 952, much easier to change your data than to adapt all necessary configuration
18:34 huginn tuxayo: The operation succeeded.
18:35 tuxayo We are covered whether their nickname will be jim or jim_
19:40 khall_ joined #koha
21:24 khall joined #koha
21:32 khall joined #koha
21:34 khall joined #koha
21:35 khall joined #koha
21:39 khall joined #koha
21:42 khall joined #koha
21:44 khall joined #koha
21:46 khall joined #koha
21:49 khall joined #koha
21:51 khall joined #koha
21:52 khall joined #koha
21:57 khall joined #koha
22:01 khall joined #koha
22:03 khall joined #koha
22:05 khall joined #koha
22:09 khall joined #koha
22:17 khall joined #koha
22:24 khall joined #koha
22:26 khall joined #koha
22:27 khall joined #koha
22:32 khall joined #koha
22:38 khall joined #koha
22:42 khall joined #koha
22:46 khall joined #koha
22:52 khall joined #koha
22:55 khall joined #koha
22:56 khall joined #koha
23:02 khall joined #koha
23:04 khall joined #koha
23:08 khall joined #koha
23:10 khall joined #koha
23:15 khall joined #koha
23:24 khall joined #koha
23:32 khall joined #koha
23:42 khall joined #koha
23:46 khall joined #koha
23:53 khall joined #koha
23:54 dcook joined #koha
23:55 dcook I love how Paul Evans wants people to use Object::Pad in their code and yet it's experimental so who is going to actually do that...
23:59 khall joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary