IRC log for #koha, 2021-04-14

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
06:26 did joined #koha
06:29 reiveune joined #koha
06:29 reiveune hello
06:29 wahanui what's up, reiveune
06:30 lds joined #koha
06:45 alex_a joined #koha
06:46 alex_a Bonjour
06:46 wahanui bidet, alex_a
06:58 cait joined #koha
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:32 ashimema morning
07:34 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:57 magnuse \o/
08:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 14233: Set default for NoticesLog to 0 <[…]e4d47502852f65808>
08:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28055: (follow-up) Revert changes to aoColumnDefs option name <[…]7d2c26707bb5e1632>
08:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27069: (follow-up) Only display rules if one is set <[…]f0ffba2998113a1a2>
08:10 paul_p joined #koha
08:41 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #561: SUCCESS in 33 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/561/
08:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1614: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1614/
08:57 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #149: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_U2010/149/
09:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #259: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 9 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/259/
09:18 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #544: SUCCESS in 1 hr 11 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/544/
09:54 severine_q joined #koha
09:54 severine_q Hello #koha !
09:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #289: SUCCESS in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/289/
10:17 cait joined #koha
10:22 oleonard Hi all
10:30 severine_q Hello oleonard :)
10:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1618: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1618/
10:52 khall joined #koha
11:13 oleonard Anyone willing to sign off on Bug 27566? Help me recover from my terrible mistake?
11:13 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27566 normal, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , CSS rule not applying to HTML select / option -  displays with serif font ignoring rules
11:25 oleonard Joubu around?
11:26 Joubu yes
11:26 oleonard You're quite right about Bug 27830.... the FR and DE address formats end up being identical
11:26 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27830 minor, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , OPAC library list does not use AddressFormat
11:26 oleonard That's because library addresses don't use Street Type or Street Number.
11:27 Joubu yes, that's the feeling I had when I read the include file
11:27 oleonard Is there any reason to keep things the way they are JUST IN CASE library addresses change to use street type and number?
11:27 Joubu I'd suggest to create a new block "display_library_address_fr_de", fr and de blocks will call it
11:27 Joubu we can split them later if we need it
11:28 oleonard Okay, will do
11:30 khall_ joined #koha
11:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1619: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1619/
11:40 tcohen buen día
11:42 oleonard Hi tcohen
11:55 oleonard davidnind++
12:05 Joubu oleonard: - just noticed a weird shift on the patron result view
12:06 Joubu the toolbar is few pixels on the left, and each th is not aligned with the td of the table
12:16 oleonard It's a mystery
12:19 oleonard ByWater sandboxes still down?
12:30 khall joined #koha
12:33 did joined #koha
12:34 oleonard I can't seem to reproduce the problem described in Bug 28118
12:34 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=28118 normal, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Needs Signoff , Fix missing "selected" attribute in "Pickup at" dropdown
12:35 oleonard When I place a hold for the patron the selected library == the library I'm logged in at. Isn't that correct?
12:38 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:41 oleonard Joubu tcohen ^^
12:42 tcohen it is correct
12:42 tcohen that's what the patch does
12:42 tcohen BUT
12:42 tcohen there was another bug, which changed which branch is taken into account for determining if an item can be reserved
12:43 tcohen which left $pickup // <the right way to calculate that branch>
12:43 tcohen so my original patch would revert that fix
12:43 Joubu I would keep || instead of //
12:43 tcohen so I sent a follow-up, that removed the $pickup // portion
12:44 tcohen why?
12:44 Joubu for empty string
12:45 tcohen but why do we care about $pickup there?
12:45 tcohen I removed it entirely
12:46 tcohen I think the $pickup variable is only used to (a) set a default on the template (b) in case of an error (?) ir carries the previous selection
12:47 Joubu I actually think it's a left-over
12:47 Joubu when it got pushed, we were not using the api route
12:47 Joubu aa221e0c8bcf0fa0377d6c2154bad0ef61c97a2b
12:47 Joubu Bug 27071: Use GetReservesControlBranch to pick the branch
12:47 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27071 critical, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, RESOLVED FIXED, Hold pickup library match not enforced correctly on intranet when using hold groups
12:48 Joubu test plan from this patch needs to be followed as well
12:54 tcohen yes, it was a leftover, that only worked because the patchset removed setting userenv
12:55 marie-luce joined #koha
13:05 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:13 ashimema Joubu still around?
13:14 Joubu yes
13:14 ashimema did you squash lots on bug 26734 upon push?
13:14 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26734 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to master , Convert accounts (monetary) notices to use GetPreparedLetter
13:14 ashimema it looks like most of it is missing from master
13:15 * ashimema is trying to rebase bug 26689 but it, to me, doesn't look like 26734 is actually applied to master
13:15 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26689 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Patch doesn't apply , Monetary accounts notices should be definable at the credit_type/debit_type level
13:16 Joubu I didn't mean to push 26734!
13:17 ashimema aha, I see
13:17 Joubu I forgot to remove one line during a rebase -i :-/
13:17 ashimema ok.. well let me know what you want to do
13:17 dpk__ joined #koha
13:17 Joubu I don't manage to convince myself it's ok to push it
13:17 Joubu because of the notice templates
13:17 ashimema mm
13:17 Joubu for now consider the first patch reverted
13:28 ashimema ta
13:31 alex_a joined #koha
13:37 ashimema anyone around whose familiar with the holds process and what should happen when you receive a transfer that was initiated by a hold?
13:47 henryb joined #koha
13:49 ashimema all sorted
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21260: DBRev <[…]edd95f709ef7ebce9>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: DBRev <[…]5ce6d27a241c60595>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27773: Compiled CSS <[…]6996f78d09bdd0a08>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21260: (follow-up) Consolidate preference <[…]e474a1b3b574c31ca>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28132: (follow-up) Update basket group page <[…]16972f8668a630282>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: Make filter_by_last_update returns a Koha::Objects-based object <[…]2d66365ea1c4a646b>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28136: Handle Transferred status for ResFound <[…]5e314f189c886a492>
14:08 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: Rename filter_by_dateexpiry with filter_by_expiration_date <[…]73e56f237722fcfa2>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: Use filter_by_last_update from filter_by_dateexpiry <[…]76ec149e0619776b9>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27695: (follow-up) Add specificity to CSS changes <[…]8fe7db228f02d3983>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28114: Fix error in MARC21slim2OPACResults - correctly select singleBranchMode <[…]d0bd0e61ad544808c>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28110: Require YAML::XS 0.67 <[…]57dba356968d2aa9c>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 28014: Add table settings to batch patron modification <[…]3b51e388e15824b6c>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: (QA follow-up) Get pref at start of run and rename variable <[…]2f886461730f3b7d7>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: (follow-up) Adjust preference description <[…]b7398c61f77844db0>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: (follow-up) Switch to filter_by <[…]4066d74c014894cb8>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27773: Hide unique holidays and exceptions which have passed <[…]db3715e5238210e65>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27746: prevent regexp undefined warning when checking subfield contents ($oclc) <[…]6e52166d309b25ef7>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 27695: Fix style of messages on Elasticsearch configuration page <[…]2c68995bd72110d50>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: Database revision for new preference <[…]bc86d02a37caf3b72>
14:09 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21549: Lock expired patron accounts <[…]f2e3f06fc0da28162>
14:23 oleonard ashimema: Do you know why I would not be able to upload files on a PTFS-E sandbox?
14:23 ashimema erm
14:23 ashimema can you on ByWater ones
14:24 ashimema I don't know off the top of my head if we set the directories in the config on sandboxes
14:24 oleonard ByWater sandboxes have been broken for many days
14:26 ashimema oh
14:26 ashimema does khall know?
14:44 Joubu General meeting in 15
14:45 tuxayo thank, I would have missed it!
14:48 khall oleonard still? That server got deleted by accident, it should have been restored by now!
14:52 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
14:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master build #1615: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_Master/1615/
14:57 thd joined #koha
14:59 oleonard khall: Yeah still (or it worked for a while and I missed it?)
15:00 henryb Is there a meeting now?
15:00 ashimema will be as soon as Joubu starts it
15:00 ashimema I think
15:00 Joubu #startmeeting General IRC meeting 14 April 2021
15:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Apr 14 15:00:54 2021 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
15:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_14_april_2021'
15:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:01 Joubu #chair ashimema
15:01 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema
15:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:01 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
15:01 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
15:01 Joubu qa_team?
15:01 wahanui rumour has it qa_team is cait, dcook, amoyano, ashimema, marcelr, kohaputti, jajm, tcohen, josef_moravec, kidclamp, khall and tuxayo
15:01 Joubu rmaints?
15:01 wahanui rmaints is fridolin, AndrewFH and tuxayo
15:02 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:02 Joubu #topic Announcements
15:02 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:02 Joubu Anyone have something?
15:03 enkidu joined #koha
15:03 ashimema Nope..
15:03 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (21.05)
15:03 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (21.05) (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:03 Joubu Release dates for 21.05 will be publish soon, 21.05.00 should be expected for May 28th.
15:03 ashimema not far from release now I suppose
15:03 Joubu Don't expected freshly published big things to be part of 21.05, and please focus on what is in the queue already.
15:03 ashimema do you have release timeline for May Joubu?
15:03 Joubu It would be great to see some progress on the roadmap topics and the RM priorities:
15:03 ashimema oh.. and the roles page is open
15:03 ashimema that could be announced
15:04 Joubu * QA needed on bug 22544, bug 26703, bug 27623, bug 27624 and bug 27625
15:04 Joubu * Help QA failures on bug 14957
15:04 * ashimema was a bit slow off the mark there
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=22544 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Move C4:NewsChannels to Koha namespace
15:04 Joubu * SO + QA on bug 27526
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26703 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, Signed Off , We should reconsider best practice for our title elements
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27623 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove pl-PL installer data
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27624 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove ru-RU installer data
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27625 minor, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Remove uk-UA installer data
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=14957 new feature, P5 - low, ---, glasklas, Failed QA , Write protecting MARC fields based on source of import
15:04 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27526 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Remove Mod/AddItemFromMarc from
15:04 Joubu There are also a bunch a major bugfixes waiting for QA, and 7 criticals (!)
15:04 Joubu #info QA needed on bug 22544, bug 26703, bug 27623, bug 27624 and bug 27625
15:04 Joubu #info Several majors and criticals in the queue right now
15:04 Joubu The roles for 21.11 are opened - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.05
15:04 Joubu #info The roles for 21.11 are opened - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.05
15:05 Joubu We are missing a release maintainer for 21.05 and it would be nice to see the QA team growing a bit more.
15:05 henryb Are there any priorities still needing sign off?
15:05 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:05 wahanui Congratulations!
15:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #260: FIXED in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/260/
15:05 ashimema You were working through all the title and header level bugs weren't you henryb..
15:05 Joubu henryb: there is only 1 major waiting for SO
15:06 tuxayo #info errata, previous link: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.11
15:06 Joubu indeed!
15:06 ashimema that tree is high importance to me.. makeing sure they make sense again after the first bug makes them a bit all over the place as a first step
15:07 Joubu I've created a new 'IRC_meeting_facilitator' role. I described what I expected from the role there - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]eting_facilitator
15:07 Joubu Let me know if you are interested in doing it, I will be happy to help!
15:07 Joubu That's all for me
15:08 Joubu any questions?
15:08 henryb ashimema: sure, I'd lost track of where they'd got to but I can look at those
15:08 Joubu are you referring to bug 26703?
15:09 henryb I like the idea of an IRC_meeting_faciitator role (but I'm not volunteering!)
15:09 tuxayo 26703 - We should reconsider best practice for our title elements
15:10 ashimema Well, yes.. you highlighted that one Joubu
15:10 ashimema I was also thinking about the tree that hangs off bug 27610
15:10 henryb And bug 27876 too?
15:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27610 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, Pushed to master , Accessibility: OPAC - <h1> on each page is Logo but should be page description/title
15:10 huginn Bug https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=27876 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, wainuiwitikapark, ASSIGNED , Accessibility: OPAC - Reduce heading redundancy
15:10 Joubu yes, it's part of the priorities, mainly because it will be a nightmare to rebase
15:10 ashimema indeed
15:11 ashimema and the first one is pushed.. that one breaks the heirarchy in lots of places.. the subsequent ones fix it again
15:11 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_CPAN build #290: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 2 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_CPAN/290/
15:11 ashimema so yeah.. those one's would be really helpful to help me work through henryb.. I've lost track of them personally at the minute
15:13 Joubu ok, moving on
15:13 Joubu #topic Update on releases
15:13 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:13 Joubu I don't think there is much to highlight for stables
15:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #150: SUCCESS in 30 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Master_U2010/150/
15:13 tuxayo 19.11: indeed
15:14 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
15:14 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:14 Joubu #topic
15:14 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:14 Joubu #topic caroline Officially announce KohaCon21 will be organized by Koha Pakistan Community & National Library of Pakistan
15:14 Topic for #koha is now caroline Officially announce KohaCon21 will be organized by Koha Pakistan Community & National Library of Pakistan (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:14 Joubu #info KohaCon21 announced on the list -[…]March/055951.html
15:14 cait1 #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
15:15 Joubu #topic General development discussion
15:15 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:15 Joubu Info about the NSO and NQA queues:
15:15 Joubu both are quite high
15:15 Joubu NSO is 193 and NQA is 127 at the moment
15:15 Joubu I've bypassed QA this morning to help the QA team a bit
15:16 brendan_ joined #koha
15:16 cait1 not good, but necessary
15:16 * ashimema kinda hit burn out and needed to switch to customer priority work for a couple of weeks.. I hope to get back to SO + QA soon
15:16 Joubu but we are really lacking movements, and the few around are loosing motivation
15:16 cait1 we need more hands on deck
15:17 Joubu what can we do?
15:17 cait1 yes, I've been very busy at work and that relfects in my tme for QA a lot
15:17 Joubu I can continue to skip QA but it's not ideal
15:17 cait1 I think calling on the other QA team member and trying to grow the team
15:17 cait1 I'll also try to catch up a bit
15:17 ashimema indeed.. it shouldn't be so noticeable when one or two of us have to prioritise other things for a week or two... I realise some people have stepped up a little whilst I've been out.. but the numbers are still telling.
15:19 cait1 I have another big event next week, after that it will hopefully improve a bit
15:19 cait1 i also can't touch some or they are out of my league, so need the dev people on the team to do those
15:20 cait1 we have quite a few bad bugs we need to focus on, but also some long sitting enh in the queue, that deserve a chance to make deadline
15:20 Joubu We are entering an important slot, few weeks left before the release. We need people around for the bugfixes and stabilisation period
15:20 cait1 exactly
15:20 cait1 bugs and the old things i am mostly worried about, a lot of them got close already once
15:21 Joubu the old things?
15:21 Joubu which ones do you have in mind?
15:21 cait1 we have soe things in qa queue from december, january and so on
15:21 cait1 last change date
15:21 cait1 we have been great managing the numbers and waiting times last cycle, but this cycle thigns have relapsed
15:22 cait1 (if that is a word you can use here?)
15:22 cait1 so we need to get pushing but at the same time ashimema and I are low on time - Call to QA Team for rescue!
15:22 Joubu ok, I have not much to offer/suggest, as said I will try to do some QA in the next following days
15:23 cait1 of course
15:23 cait1 that was just a summary and you do  a lot - thx for that
15:23 Joubu and I will send an email to the team
15:23 cait1 i will try to catch up some until beginning of next week, at least to see where we are and where I can help most
15:23 Joubu (but it does not help much most of the time :D)
15:23 cait1 it's still something :)
15:24 * ashimema still thinks perhaps we need to somehow monetise QA..
15:24 cait1 you know i keep pestering them weekly as well
15:24 ashimema but that's a broader discussion
15:24 Joubu it's more "give and take"
15:24 cait1 yeah, not something for this release at elast
15:26 Joubu another topic you have in mind before I close the meeting?
15:26 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
15:26 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 14 April 2021)
15:27 Joubu #info Next meeting: 12 May 2021, 14 UTC
15:27 Joubu For the election team, will be a bit less than 3 weeks before the release
15:27 Joubu sounds reasonable
15:27 ashimema sounds good
15:27 cait1 maybe shoudl send the meeting date for election to list?
15:27 cait1 might hopefully trigger some more sign-ups
15:28 Joubu yes, please..?
15:28 Joubu :)
15:28 cait1 i was going to say, please don't make me do it
15:28 Joubu ashimema?
15:28 wahanui ashimema is suspecting network.. ashimema's ssh terminal is sluggish.. I type something and it take a second or two to actually appear
15:28 reiveune bye
15:28 reiveune left #koha
15:28 cait1 we shoudl make reiveune do it
15:28 cait1 :)
15:28 tuxayo lololol
15:29 cait1 ooh a tuxayo
15:29 wahanui it has been said that a tuxayo is on a role
15:29 Joubu ok, I will send a reminder
15:29 Joubu #endmeeting
15:29 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:29 huginn Meeting ended Wed Apr 14 15:29:12 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:29 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-04-14-15.00.html
15:29 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-04-14-15.00.txt
15:29 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]14-15.00.log.html
15:29 tuxayo :o
15:29 cait1 Joubu++
15:29 cait1 we msised our chance to make tuxayo od it
15:29 oleonard Thanks Joubu
15:29 tuxayo ><
15:29 cait1 see al the typos are the reason i should not do it
15:29 cait1 oleonard++ too tuxayo++ and all the things :)
15:30 cait1 goign to log out, cya later!
15:30 cait1 left #koha
15:31 tuxayo Joubu: I'm preparing the email for the election meeting ^^
15:31 kidclamp joined #koha
15:31 Joubu tuxayo: thanks!
15:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #545: SUCCESS in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/545/
15:39 ashimema thanks guys
15:39 ashimema sorry.. had to duck out for a phone call for a moment at the end there
16:05 fridolin joined #koha
16:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #562: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 8 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/562/
16:06 fridolin left #koha
16:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1620: SUCCESS in 54 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1620/
16:18 cait joined #koha
16:23 cait joined #koha
16:25 cait joined #koha
16:27 cait joined #koha
16:30 cait joined #koha
16:32 cait joined #koha
16:32 oleonard Anyone around who is familiar with background jobs?
16:33 oleonard I noticed we're outputting an English string ("finished") directly to the template... I'm wondering if there are other possible values for a background job's status.
16:34 oleonard Looks like "cancelled" and "started?"
16:35 cait joined #koha
16:38 khall joined #koha
16:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #563: STILL UNSTABLE in 32 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/563/
16:40 cait joined #koha
16:41 cait joined #koha
17:16 paul_p joined #koha
18:09 paul_p joined #koha
18:42 kidclamp do we have a 'preferred browser' for koha?
18:42 kidclamp like is firefox our favorite?
18:43 kidclamp :q
18:45 oleonard Koha should work in any modern browser
18:45 oleonard Firefox, Chrome, Safari.
18:48 oleonard kidclamp: I feel like that question is followed by a browser-compatibility bug
18:57 tuxayo kidclamp: IIUC Firefox is the preferred one and is continuously tested but bugs reported against Chrome, Safari and Edge Chromium should be valid.
18:58 kidclamp we just had that 'preferred' in our head, but didn't know where it came from
18:58 kidclamp i.e. is that an official declaration fot he community
18:58 kidclamp or like, '9 out of 10 devs prefer'
18:59 tuxayo I wouldn't be surprised that chromium and chrome would be used by more than 1 dev out of 10.
18:59 oleonard I've lost track in my head of official declarations
19:00 tuxayo About official declaration, IE 11 has been kicked out. It's the only one I remember, though I'm not here for very long compared to the topic.
19:07 tuxayo Does IE 11 being officially dropped means that we acknowledge Edge Chromium being officially supported? (even if it's not tier 1 support)
19:10 tcohen old IE prevented us from evolving
19:10 tcohen that was the whole point
19:11 tcohen we should say developers test mainly on Firefox and Chromium-based browsers
19:11 tcohen at least that's my opinion
19:11 tcohen I wouldn't mention proprietary Chrome explicitly unless we want to highlight it
19:17 tuxayo Yep not advertising for non-libre browsers is better if possible.
19:18 tuxayo Found something! kidclamp tcohen
19:18 tuxayo[…]n/html/intro.html
19:18 tuxayo > When working in the Koha staff interface it is strongly recommended that you use an up-to-date version of either Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.
19:18 tuxayo > The Koha community doesn’t support Internet Explorer for the staff interface.
19:18 tuxayo > If your organization only allows Microsoft products, use Edge instead of Internet Explorer.
19:18 tuxayo I remember the creation (or last edit) of this phrase was for the IE11 drop
19:23 tuxayo Meeting discussion about this:
19:23 tuxayo[…]0-07-15#i_2269641
19:25 dpk__ joined #koha
19:26 dpk__ joined #koha
19:28 cait joined #koha
19:55 kidclamp Tuxayo++
20:05 khall joined #koha
22:53 dpk_ joined #koha
23:39 dcook Anyone around in #koha atm?
23:47 tuxayo at bit around ^^
23:47 tuxayo *a bit

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary