IRC log for #koha, 2021-01-15

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:08 inlibro joined #koha
00:48 zb joined #koha
00:55 khall joined #koha
01:09 inlibro joined #koha
01:10 clrh joined #koha
01:52 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
01:52 wahanui Congratulations!
01:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U18 build #287: FIXED in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U18/287/
01:54 morrism joined #koha
01:56 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D8 build #358: UNSTABLE in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D8/358/
02:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U16 build #41: SUCCESS in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_U16/41/
02:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D10 build #120: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_D10/120/
02:09 inlibro joined #koha
02:11 morrism joined #koha
02:27 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_U20 build #184: SUCCESS in 34 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.11_U20/184/
02:42 morrism joined #koha
02:46 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.11_D9 build #291: SUCCESS in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.11_D9/291/
02:50 ccordova joined #koha
02:50 ccordova_ joined #koha
03:01 caroline_catlady joined #koha
03:09 inlibro joined #koha
03:37 khall joined #koha
03:55 Mike joined #koha
04:09 inlibro joined #koha
04:45 khall joined #koha
05:09 inlibro joined #koha
05:36 dcook joined #koha
05:54 caroline_crazycatlady joined #koha
06:09 inlibro joined #koha
06:27 Oak joined #koha
06:52 reiveune joined #koha
06:53 reiveune hello
06:54 khall joined #koha
06:58 morrism joined #koha
07:03 fridolin joined #koha
07:08 fridolin hi
07:08 wahanui que tal, fridolin
07:10 inlibro joined #koha
07:11 lds joined #koha
07:29 alex_a joined #koha
07:29 alex_a Bonjour
07:32 did joined #koha
07:42 alex_a_ joined #koha
07:51 morrism joined #koha
08:04 cait joined #koha
08:08 paul_p joined #koha
08:08 cait1 joined #koha
08:10 inlibro joined #koha
08:15 cait1 snow snow snow....
08:54 magnuse snow here too, first time this year we had a "proper" snowfall
08:55 morrism joined #koha
08:58 khall joined #koha
09:10 inlibro joined #koha
09:27 cait1 we never got that much as long as I can think of
09:27 cait1 not in Kontanz to be more specific
09:30 ashimema morning
09:31 ashimema fridolin.. have you tested bug 27299 ?
09:31 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27299 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Zebra phrase register is incorrectly tokenized when using ICU
09:31 ashimema it works really well for us in testing.. I'm hoping to get it through QA
09:38 fridolin ashimema: oh yep its perfect
09:38 ashimema fancy giving it your magic stamp as I SO'd it ;)
09:38 ashimema I'm also looking at bug 11158.. which we've retested on top of the above.. and it works great too!
09:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=11158 normal, P5 - low, ---, colin.campbell, Needs Signoff , Authorities 'starts with'  search returns the same as 'contains' when using ICU
09:39 fridolin ashimema: do you whant me to sign also ?
09:39 ashimema but as Colin wrote it.. many moons ago.. I'm unable to SO or QA that one
09:39 ashimema if you fancied it :)
09:40 ashimema ooh.. David re-wrote it.. so I can SO or QA :)
09:41 ashimema so yeah.. if you can varify it works too that would be awesome.. then we can get both in.
09:41 ashimema should mean Zebra and linking work much better :)
09:43 fridolin indeed, we are on this subject actually
09:44 ashimema excellent
09:44 wahanui darn tootin' it is.
09:44 * ashimema is really happy to see a bit more love going into Zebra again at the moment..
09:45 ashimema ES is cool.. but I personally still think there's a fair bit of life left in Zebra
09:45 der_smon joined #koha
09:45 der_smon hey!
09:47 der_smon got pulled away from my keyboard yesterday and was not able to react: on 19.05 with elastic search, i get duplicates when batch modifying records in the search index
09:47 der_smon meaning i have to reindex to get rid of the duplicate search results
09:53 morrism joined #koha
09:57 khall joined #koha
09:59 ashimema kidclamp is probably best to talk to about that.. but he won't be up for a few more hours I'm afraid der_smon
10:10 der_smon ok
10:10 inlibro joined #koha
10:10 der_smon seems i am somewhat out of sync with kidclamp
10:11 ashimema where are you based der_smon
10:11 ashimema kidclamp is USA
10:11 der_smon germany, and i  start working quite early ;)
10:11 ashimema the other one who knows elastic well is ere.. but I haven't seen him around much recently
10:12 ashimema generally, european afternoons are a good time to say hello.. at the point we should have a fair few europeans around as well as a few americans
10:12 ashimema catches the widest group :)
10:13 der_smon thx ;)
10:15 ashimema also.. my brain tends to wake up after a few cups of tea and I become more helpful in the afternoons too ;P
10:20 Joubu der_smon: I am going to ask you the same question as yesterday: in elastic index or in the Koha search result view?
10:21 der_smon in the result view
10:21 der_smon i am currently checking the index itself
10:21 Joubu Are they pointing to the same record (same biblionumber)?
10:22 Joubu (I don't think that's possible...)
10:22 morrism joined #koha
10:23 ashimema lol.. you beat me to it on bug 27047.. tnaks Joubu :)
10:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27047 normal, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Purchase suggestions can not search
10:23 Joubu It was on my list for 2 months...
10:23 ashimema haha..
10:24 ashimema it had only just gone on mine.. but was on the 'when i get a five minute break' list.. which isn't often these days
10:24 ashimema I'll test it though :)
10:24 jsicot joined #koha
10:29 jsicot Hi #koha folks
10:31 jsicot I'm a koha enthusiast, I join this channel to find or share some information about my favorite ils ^^
10:33 Joubu Welcome jsicot, that's the perfect place for that :)
10:33 der_smon yes, same biblionumber
10:33 Joubu der_smon: which exact version of Koha are you using?
10:34 der_smon
10:34 Joubu then detail what you are doing exactly in the batch tool, I will try
10:35 Joubu der_smon: can you try with the latest 19.05.x?
10:35 jsicot Joubu Great :-)
10:35 Joubu v19.05.17
10:35 Joubu you are missing 12 minor versions
10:35 der_smon i will try
10:36 Joubu there are 700 commits, maybe one is fixing it
10:37 der_smon so my modification rule is "update existing or add new" and basically i check for specific values of 856 z and want to replace them with a different value
10:37 der_smon the duplicate shows up even if the record is not changed
10:37 der_smon (meaning 856 z is no-matching)
10:41 kidclamp https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=25342
10:41 huginn Bug 25342: major, P5 - low, ---, nick, CLOSED FIXED, Scripts not running under plack can cause duplication of ES records
10:41 kidclamp der_smon: ^^
10:43 der_smon ah nice
10:44 Joubu Always consider the bug is fixed already, and update :)
10:55 cait1 oh so much talking here to read back
10:58 * cait1 waves at der_smon
10:59 cait1 which library?
11:02 jsicot Hi @cait1, Sorry, the question was for me? I'm a systems librarian at Rennes 2 university Library (in France)
11:02 fredericd joined #koha
11:02 cait joined #koha
11:06 Joubu jsicot, cait, I am pretty sure you met already :)
11:07 ashimema I think cait1 was asking where dr_smon comes from.. as they said they're german earlier in chat :)
11:08 jsicot ah sorry
11:08 ashimema no worries..
11:08 ashimema always nice to know where people are from..
11:08 ashimema we've probably met too.. if you've been to marseille hackfest in recent years :)
11:08 * ashimema is Martin from PTFS Europe
11:09 * ashimema wonders if we should have some guidelines of form validation... bug 27427 has opened a small can of worms for me.
11:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27427 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Needs Signoff , Update the way form validation errors are displayed
11:09 jsicot yes, I was present at Hackfest perhaps in 2012 or 2013 ?
11:10 ashimema aha.. I may or may not have been at one of those.. haha.. it's long enough ago my brain has faded
11:10 inlibro joined #koha
11:10 jsicot ^^
11:12 cait oh i meant der_smon - i know i have met jsicot :)
11:12 jsicot :-)
11:13 cait German users here always have me curious :)
11:13 ashimema hehe
11:13 ashimema your not german are you cait? :P
11:16 der_smon huhu cait
11:16 der_smon dainst ;)
11:19 cait1 joined #koha
11:22 khall joined #koha
11:40 khall_ joined #koha
11:53 ashimema I've updated bug 18017 to add bug 27299 as a dependancy fridolin
11:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18017 major, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Use index_heading and index_match_heading in UNIMARC authorities zebra configuration
11:53 ashimema I think it makes sense
11:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=27299 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Signed Off , Zebra phrase register is incorrectly tokenized when using ICU
11:53 oleonard-away Hi all
11:53 ashimema afraid I can't really test it.. don't know enough about UNIMARC.. but it 'looks right' to me.
11:56 ashimema hi oleonard
11:56 wahanui hi oleopard
11:59 liliputech_asu joined #koha
12:11 inlibro joined #koha
12:44 * oleonard sees the ElasticSearch license news... :(
12:55 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:06 fridolin joined #koha
13:11 inlibro joined #koha
13:15 morrism joined #koha
13:19 sophie_m joined #koha
13:19 cait der_smon: I had a  hunch :)
13:38 oleonard It would be cool if you could click a statistic in Hea and see a breakdown of Koha version numbers. I'm curious, for instance, what version the 103 libraries using LibraryThingForLibraries are on
13:39 oleonard ...with the ulterior motive that I want to be able to jettison LTFL support ;)
13:44 ashimema that would indeed be cool
13:47 ashimema that looks like it could be doable actually
13:56 magnuse cookbook-meeting in about 1 hour?
13:57 * oleonard has his apron ready
13:59 marie-luce joined #koha
14:02 cait is it an hour or half an hour?
14:02 cait also with apron ready here :)
14:02 ashimema mmm, foood
14:07 magnuse oh yes, maybe half past?
14:08 magnuse ah, yes, i am mistaken
14:09 magnuse cookbook-meeting in about 21 minutes?
14:09 cait should we change the links on the website? Github    Koha Gitweb
14:10 cait I'd like to change the first to: Github (mirror) and we are no longer using gitweb... so maybe Koha Git Repository?
14:10 cait
14:11 inlibro joined #koha
14:12 oleonard I agree cait. I would put "Koha Git Repository" above Github too
14:12 Joubu cait: yes, could be "Koha Git Repository" and a link to the "Gitlab mirror"
14:13 cait i think they are alphabetic
14:13 cait but it always bugged e too
14:13 cait it# actually the github mirror
14:13 cait but we could add the one on gitlab too?
14:13 cait i will see how tog et there
14:14 Joubu I was suggesting to replace github with gitlab
14:14 cait do you have th elink on hand maybe? i can do that
14:15 Joubu
14:15 cait
14:15 cait ah ok
14:16 cait should we point to the koha repo or to the level above?
14:16 Joubu for the other one you can directly link to[…]ha-community/Koha
14:16 Joubu I'd point to the Koha repo dorectly
14:16 Joubu directly
14:16 cait ok
14:16 cait on it
14:16 cait please test
14:18 Joubu no changes
14:18 cait hm
14:18 cait it shows for me
14:19 Joubu "Community Resources
14:19 Joubu "
14:19 cait deleting cache
14:19 Joubu those link?
14:19 cait try again please
14:19 Joubu is wrong
14:19 Joubu it's[…]ha-community/Koha
14:19 cait hm not very handy that one :)
14:19 cait changing
14:20 Joubu it's following the same pattern "koha-community" is the group/namespace
14:20 Joubu and Koha is the project
14:20 Joubu like gitlab
14:20 cait fixed
14:20 cait yeah i can see that, sorry
14:20 Joubu yup!
14:21 cait is vimeo still being used?
14:21 cait kidclamp: do youknow maybe?
14:21 cait
14:21 cait it lists only 5 videos
14:21 cait i am tempted to remove it?
14:21 cait koha 3.2 videos too
14:22 cait last link in the list (in case you wondered what i am talking about)
14:22 cait oleonard: the sequence is alphabetic, i see no option to change it :(
14:22 oleonard At least it's logical in some way
14:23 cait any votes on killing the vimeo oneß
14:23 cait ?
14:23 oleonard I would remove it
14:23 cait thx :)
14:23 cait i've set it to private
14:23 cait so if someone wants we could bring it back
14:24 Joubu maybe add the youtube channel?
14:24 Joubu
14:24 cait label?
14:24 wahanui label is "Additional attributes and identifiers"
14:25 cait heh wahanui, not in that case
14:25 cait Videos on Youtube ?
14:25 Joubu Youtube channel?
14:26 cait done
14:28 jsicot Twitter account maybe ?
14:29 oleonard A link to my SoundCloud?
14:29 cait heh
14:29 cait i will do that
14:30 cait twitter is a good idea, i have added it
14:30 cait just labelled "Twitter"
14:31 jsicot thx
14:31 cait thx for the suggestion )
14:31 Joubu (best meeting ever is coming, be ready)
14:31 cait are we meeting here?
14:31 cait ok *jitters*
14:31 caroline_crazycatlady yes
14:31 caroline_crazycatlady i'm getting ready
14:31 magnuse \o/
14:31 caroline_crazycatlady should I create a wiki page to get the minutes and everything?
14:32 ashimema :)
14:32 cait just realized i forgot to check out the wiki page :(
14:33 Joubu caroline_crazycatlady: nope, just the usual #
14:33 caroline_crazycatlady ah ok good
14:33 caroline_crazycatlady #startmeeting Cookbook Working Group
14:33 huginn Meeting started Fri Jan 15 14:33:55 2021 UTC.  The chair is caroline_crazycatlady. Information about MeetBot at
14:33 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
14:33 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Cookbook Working Group)
14:33 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'cookbook_working_group'
14:34 caroline_crazycatlady #topic Introductions
14:34 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Cookbook Working Group)
14:34 caroline_crazycatlady use #info for intorductions
14:34 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
14:34 caroline_crazycatlady #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro, Quebec, Canada
14:34 magnuse #info Magnus Enger, Libriotech, Norway
14:34 cait #info Katrin Fischer, Germany
14:35 magnuse (probably doing this on my own time, though)
14:35 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, UK
14:35 ashimema me too..
14:35 cait same
14:35 oleonard Yes, won't someone please think of the shareholders!
14:36 caroline_crazycatlady lol!
14:36 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
14:37 caroline_crazycatlady Ok, I didn't really prepare an agenda, but I thought of some things -- format, asking for contributions, measurements (:P)
14:37 magnuse international globetrotter ;-)
14:37 magnuse https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Koha_cookbook_RFC
14:38 magnuse format can be both input and output, i guess
14:38 caroline_crazycatlady We can start with the format
14:38 caroline_crazycatlady on the RFC, it says PDF and or epub
14:38 cait i think an html version could be nice too
14:38 caroline_crazycatlady how do we add contributions?
14:39 caroline_crazycatlady I'll edit the wiki page as we discuss
14:39 magnuse i am thinkgin a git repo that can maybe accept pull requests, but at least the working group members should be able to add commits
14:39 caroline_crazycatlady epub might be a bit big
14:40 magnuse big?
14:40 caroline_crazycatlady to host
14:40 cait caroline_crazycatlady: it#s easy if we use the same tools we have for the manual
14:40 magnuse i had not thought of the tools for the manual, but that does sound like a good idea
14:41 ashimema epub is not bad.. it was the translations that made things big in the manual
14:41 * ashimema was wrong to blame epub
14:41 caroline_crazycatlady so we want to use Restructured text for formatting and sphinx for output?
14:41 cait it's an option that would make it quite easy to generate theother things...
14:41 caroline_crazycatlady ok, good to know
14:41 cait but there might be other options too
14:41 caroline_crazycatlady but we still have to find somewhere to host it
14:42 Joubu what do you need to host?
14:42 cait we could put it on gitlab maybe? or the gitea
14:42 Joubu only the output?
14:42 magnuse gitea = ?
14:42 cait yes
14:42 caroline_crazycatlady I think so, since the input will be on gitlab
14:42 magnuse don't we need to host the source too?
14:42 caroline_crazycatlady or gitea
14:42 magnuse ah
14:43 Joubu I'd consider it the same as other side-projects, use gitlab and its workflow
14:43 AndrewFH joined #koha
14:43 magnuse sounds good to me
14:43 Joubu I think we can rely on gitlab to host the output as well. If too big I can host the pdf/epub
14:43 caroline_crazycatlady ok
14:43 * oleonard wonders if we need a recipe copyright expert's advice
14:43 cait +1
14:44 magnuse yeah, we have plenty of space/bandwith too
14:44 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed use gitlab and its workflow
14:44 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed host the output on gitlab as well
14:45 caroline_crazycatlady there was also a print-on-demand option
14:45 caroline_crazycatlady in the wiki
14:45 cait i like the information/layout the wiki suggests, can we make this work with docbook in a structured way?
14:45 caroline_crazycatlady
14:45 magnuse yeah, i want a physical book :-)
14:45 caroline_crazycatlady same!
14:45 cait :)
14:45 cait sorry, we ar not using docbook... sphinx... thing
14:46 cait might be good to create a template one can follow
14:46 magnuse i yup
14:46 magnuse awesome if people familiar with the manual could suggest a temaplte
14:47 magnuse but should we say all submissions must use the template? or accept anything and convert to the template ourselves?
14:47 cait i am not sure we have many super familiar with the technical bits and ther might be things we don't really use yet?
14:47 cait i think we shoudl accept submissions outside of gitlab too
14:47 oleonard Agreed
14:47 caroline_crazycatlady yes bc not everyone is confortable with git
14:47 cait i'd be willing to help reformat, once we know how we do it
14:48 cait can you make that an agreed plz?
14:48 Joubu we could have a template wiki page
14:48 magnuse keep it simple s**** ;-)
14:48 cait even the wiki is a bit of a hurdle
14:48 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed we accept contributions outside of gitlab
14:48 cait maybe also have an email acceptance?
14:48 magnuse but how? set up an email somewhere?
14:49 cait hm list is bad because it eats the attachements
14:49 caroline_crazycatlady kohacookbook@gmail?
14:49 cait gmail???
14:49 cait sorry :)
14:49 magnuse i think gmail or similar makes sense
14:49 cait paranoid German
14:49 caroline_crazycatlady I don't really know other ones, sorry!
14:49 magnuse hehe
14:50 cait Joubu: you have a kc address... is that an option in general?
14:50 Joubu we can use it, yes
14:50 Joubu ha
14:51 Joubu sorry, you mean the address?
14:51 Joubu it's not
14:51 Joubu not sure it makes sense to have
14:51 cait ah ok, yep no then
14:51 caroline_crazycatlady
14:51 Joubu no
14:51 caroline_crazycatlady ok
14:51 Joubu not possible
14:51 Joubu (there is no mail server)
14:51 magnuse cait: what are you actually paranoid about? it's not for sensitive info? :-)
14:52 Joubu use
14:52 Joubu and we will create it
14:52 cait magnuse: it reads emails for advertising... i think that's creepy?
14:52 cait but offtopic here :)
14:53 cait no idea waht protonmail is, but Joubu is usually right
14:53 caroline_crazycatlady so is good?
14:53 Joubu koha is missing :)
14:53 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed use to send recipes to the editors
14:54 cait i like it all in one word
14:54 magnuse is that webmail where we can log in and work in the queue? or would it just pass email along to everyone in the committe?
14:56 caroline_crazycatlady #action caroline will create a template using restructuredtext for the contributions
14:56 magnuse it would be practical if we had one webmail to log into where we could see which submissions had already been handled
14:57 caroline_crazycatlady Joubu or ashimema : can you set up the git repository and the sphinx part?
14:57 Joubu yes, action us
14:57 caroline_crazycatlady #Joubu or ashimema will set up the git repository and the sphinx part
14:58 caroline_crazycatlady #Joubu will create the email address
14:58 caroline_crazycatlady #action Joubu will create the email address
14:59 ashimema :)
14:59 Joubu (I've create koha_cookbook already and sent you the credentials)
14:59 Joubu can recreate without _ if needed
14:59 Joubu create*d*
14:59 caroline_crazycatlady can you set it up so that we can access it via web and/or set it up so that it sends us all emails?
14:59 caroline_crazycatlady oops, sorry, I didn't see!
15:00 caroline_crazycatlady do we prefer koha_cookbook or kohacookbook?
15:00 caroline_crazycatlady I don't have a preference
15:00 magnuse me neither
15:00 Joubu I prefer with _
15:00 Joubu :D
15:00 cait not a strong one
15:00 caroline_crazycatlady ok so lets keep it that way
15:01 caroline_crazycatlady #info email is
15:01 magnuse (off topic: who can add 2021 on ?)
15:01 caroline_crazycatlady I'll do it
15:01 lukeG joined #koha
15:01 caroline_crazycatlady I was already in there
15:01 Joubu (magnuse: I've asked gmcharlt already)
15:01 cait gmcharlt
15:01 wahanui i think gmcharlt is usually lurking much earlier.. hense ashimema's pointing him out
15:01 magnuse (cool!)
15:02 caroline_crazycatlady ok if it's something complicated i'll l et them deal with it lol!
15:02 cait i think you probably need to change the html template, not complicated but requires access
15:02 caroline_crazycatlady 2020 stopped in June so I though it was a manual thing
15:03 lukeG1 joined #koha
15:03 caroline_crazycatlady ok back to cookbook
15:03 * oleonard wishes 2020 had stopped in June
15:03 magnuse lulz
15:04 cait more .. February
15:04 cait do we agree on the general information to collect as stated on the wiki?
15:04 cait the layout section?
15:04 caroline_crazycatlady does anyone have comments on the elements of the contribution (name of dish, short description, estc
15:04 caroline_crazycatlady https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]RFC#Contributions
15:05 magnuse i was thinking, if we accept more than one receipe per person, it might make sense to collect the info about the people in one place
15:05 caroline_crazycatlady we had already discussed we wanted measurements in metric, so g for weight and ml for volume?
15:05 magnuse and link bwtween them
15:05 oleonard For completeness I would add "List of ingredients" to that list above "how to make the dish"
15:05 cait i thin it's there
15:05 cait The receipe  List of ingredients and quantities
15:05 caroline_crazycatlady yes under "The recipe"
15:06 cait ah it's in contributions
15:06 cait but missing in layout
15:06 caroline_crazycatlady Do we want more than one contribution per person or just one?
15:06 oleonard Right
15:06 cait hm i think it depends on how many we get
15:06 cait maybe?
15:06 caroline_crazycatlady Ok I added it to the "Layout part"
15:07 magnuse yeah, hard to tell if we will get lots of people contributing or not
15:08 caroline_crazycatlady circling back to oleonard's copyright comment we have to specify to people that this has to be an original recipe, or at least sufficiently modified from an existing one
15:08 magnuse yup
15:08 cait are recipes (simple ones) copyrighted?
15:08 cait a lot of cake recipes are very basic
15:08 caroline_crazycatlady if they are published, yes
15:09 cait waht about things like "pancake batter"
15:09 oleonard The US perspective:[…]otect.html#recipe
15:09 cait i mean a local recipe might be so general, it's hard to tell
15:09 cait something that is very common in a country
15:09 cait A mere listing of ingredients is not protected under copyright law. <
15:09 cait ok, so you have to make sure to write your own text?
15:10 caroline_crazycatlady If it's common, I wouldn't be worried about it
15:10 cait #link[…]otect.html#recipe
15:11 cait any suggestions on wording?
15:11 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed  specify to people that this has to be an original recipe, or at least sufficiently modified from an existing one
15:11 cait +1
15:11 inlibro joined #koha
15:11 * ashimema requests a beer recipe or two from Joubu ;)
15:12 caroline_crazycatlady Oh yeah, that makes me think, do we wait for contributions to see how we want to organized them?
15:12 oleonard I think that makes sense
15:12 cait ah categories
15:12 magnuse me too
15:12 cait i think that makes snse too
15:12 caroline_crazycatlady meaning in chapters, like desserts (first of course), main courses, drinks, etc
15:12 cait but we could state that all is good? cocktails to desserts? :)
15:12 cait and beer
15:12 magnuse sure
15:13 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed contributions of all sorts of recipes are welcome
15:13 cait do we really need to ahve beer? *hides*
15:14 khall joined #koha
15:14 magnuse a separate book for beer receipies? ;-)
15:14 cait maybe somethign for another volume
15:14 magnuse i wouldn't mind a few
15:14 oleonard cait no one will make you try the recipe
15:14 magnuse hehe
15:14 marie-luce favourite beer from different country
15:15 cait was just joking :)
15:15 ashimema hehe
15:15 marie-luce me too :)
15:15 marie-luce really exciting your project
15:16 caroline_crazycatlady The final point in the RFC is license
15:16 magnuse related to the question of copyrught is the license of the compilation we are making
15:16 magnuse jinx! ;-)
15:16 cait just got a cake delivery, back in a moment
15:16 magnuse :-O
15:16 oleonard :D
15:17 oleonard Hey you're not allowed to interrupt food meetings for food!!
15:17 magnuse i think it should be as open as possible, allow for remixing etc
15:17 caroline_crazycatlady CC0? CC BY?
15:17 caroline_crazycatlady
15:18 caroline_crazycatlady Non-commercial?
15:19 caroline_crazycatlady Since we are an open-source community, I would go with CC0
15:19 oleonard I would be fine with CC0
15:19 magnuse tricky
15:19 magnuse CC0 is public domain?
15:19 caroline_crazycatlady yes
15:20 magnuse i'm fine with that
15:20 caroline_crazycatlady anyone has an objection to CC0?
15:20 caroline_crazycatlady #agreed license will be CC0
15:21 magnuse cool!
15:21 caroline_crazycatlady #link[…]cdomain/zero/1.0/
15:21 caroline_crazycatlady oops
15:21 caroline_crazycatlady #link[…]cdomain/zero/1.0/
15:21 magnuse CC0 x2 = CC0
15:21 caroline_crazycatlady (I shake a lot)
15:22 caroline_crazycatlady (It's a wonder I can actually knit)
15:22 caroline_crazycatlady Ok so, to summarize
15:23 caroline_crazycatlady We will send a request for contributions
15:23 caroline_crazycatlady specifying the format, elements needed, copyright and licese information
15:24 caroline_crazycatlady Gitlab will be set up
15:24 caroline_crazycatlady and I think that's all we have to do until next mmeting
15:24 caroline_crazycatlady am i forgetting something?
15:24 magnuse setting up the template?
15:24 Joubu even the picture of the contributosr?
15:25 caroline_crazycatlady good point
15:25 magnuse do we want pics of contributors?
15:25 Joubu yes it's the list
15:26 caroline_crazycatlady https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]RFC#Contributions
15:26 oleonard I don't think we need it, personally
15:26 Joubu yes it's *in* the list
15:26 caroline_crazycatlady Me either
15:26 * caroline_crazycatlady doesn't like having her picture taken
15:27 caroline_crazycatlady anyone have strong feeling regarding pictures?
15:27 magnuse i put it in the list, but i'm fine with leaving it out
15:28 caroline_crazycatlady Can we put exceptions in a license?
15:28 magnuse best not to?
15:28 caroline_crazycatlady ok so we leave pictures of people out
15:29 caroline_crazycatlady but we want pictures of the dish
15:29 caroline_crazycatlady Next meeting?
15:29 wahanui i guess Next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
15:29 magnuse i want to see pics, yes. but they could be optional?
15:30 magnuse did we decide on more than one receipe per contributor?
15:30 oleonard We postponed the decision
15:30 caroline_crazycatlady No, we decided to wait and see what we receive
15:31 magnuse ok, so if we get a flood we can say "one per person"?
15:31 magnuse sounds good to me
15:31 caroline_crazycatlady Do we give it two months?
15:32 caroline_crazycatlady Or is that too long?
15:32 khall_ joined #koha
15:32 magnuse as the deadline for submissions?
15:32 caroline_crazycatlady I was thinking next meeting
15:32 caroline_crazycatlady but good point
15:32 magnuse ah, sorry, ok
15:33 caroline_crazycatlady I think we can have a deadline later that that
15:33 caroline_crazycatlady give time for people to find, test, wirte and take a picture of their recipe
15:33 magnuse sure
15:34 caroline_crazycatlady So Friday march 12 same time for next meeting?
15:35 magnuse works for me
15:35 oleonard +1
15:35 caroline_crazycatlady #info Next meeting: 12 March 2021, 14:30 UTC
15:35 caroline_crazycatlady #endmeeting
15:35 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
15:35 huginn Meeting ended Fri Jan 15 15:35:38 2021 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
15:35 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-01-15-14.33.html
15:35 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]1-01-15-14.33.txt
15:35 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]15-14.33.log.html
15:35 cait sorry, the cake was real
15:35 * caroline_crazycatlady goes to see wat are her action points again...
15:36 magnuse awesome meeting folks, this is gonna be so cool!
15:36 oleonard cait: Real cake is my favorite
15:36 caroline_crazycatlady XD
15:37 oleonard I can't wait to submit my recipe for Marseille Cheese Lunch (1. Buy all the cheese 2. Eat all the cheese)
15:37 magnuse +1
15:37 magnuse and pictures
15:37 wahanui pictures are gooood
15:38 magnuse have fun #koha!
15:38 caroline_crazycatlady I'll try to have a couple from our team... we have a very diverse team so it would be interesting
15:38 oleonard And we can simply steal all these[…]ay-cookie-recipes
15:39 cait heh :)
15:39 cait yep a coworker dropped by to bring me cake... :)
15:39 caroline_crazycatlady nice!
15:41 * cait got the best coworkers
15:43 ashimema did you see my PM oleonard?
15:43 oleonard Yes
15:44 oleonard I often think I'd like to contribute to hea and then I remember I have so much to do as it is
15:44 ashimema any thoughts?
15:44 ashimema haha
15:44 ashimema I've added some graphs back in.. still not pretty
15:44 ashimema but a start
15:44 ashimema the code is a bit .. challenging.. to work with
15:45 oleonard My thought was to provide a kind of "detail view" for a particular preference, so you could click through from the main list and see a breakdown by Koha version and setting
15:48 ashimema indeed
15:48 ashimema I was spitballing
15:49 oleonard Now that I think about it I think the installation process was a blocker for testing...
15:50 Joubu it's dancer and the DB structure is in the repo
15:50 Joubu install process shouldn't be a blocker
15:51 ashimema I've pushed my proof of concept up and submitted a work in progress merge request
15:52 ashimema what is hea_ws?
15:52 Joubu the webservice
15:52 ashimema I only needed hea_app
15:52 Joubu yes
15:52 fridolin left #koha
15:52 * oleonard should take another crack at it
15:52 Joubu hea_ws is the service called by the Koha install to upload their data
15:52 ashimema ah.. of course
15:53 ashimema my quick hack: http://mrdev-zebra-staff.koha-[…]erence_by_version
15:53 ashimema my d3 isn't very good... I'm thinking stacked bard would be nice
15:53 ashimema bars.. even
15:57 ashimema biblibre host hea still don't they?
16:03 liliputech_asu according to the dns , yes it is
16:03 liliputech_asu
16:06 reiveune bye
16:06 reiveune left #koha
16:11 inlibro joined #koha
16:21 cait khall_: around maybe?
16:21 cait or kidclamp?
16:21 wahanui rumour has it kidclamp is reply i guess kidclamp is the first RM not to be bribed
16:21 cait or both? :)
16:22 cait or anyone else interested/knowing about course reserves?
16:22 cait oleonard: are you using course reserves in some way?
16:22 cait caroline_crazycatlady: ? :)
16:22 caroline_crazycatlady some, what is the question?
16:22 oleonard cait no
16:23 oleonard I've only tested it
16:23 cait we are sponsoring a new feature
16:23 cait bug 14237
16:23 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=14237 enhancement, P2, ---, hayleymapley, In Discussion , Allow bibs to be added to course without items
16:23 cait because our electronic resources usually have no items... but people want to put them in course reserves
16:24 caroline_crazycatlady for online ressources?
16:24 caroline_crazycatlady makes sense
16:24 cait yep
16:24 cait the question is how to do it in the database
16:24 cait we could add a biblionumber column to course_items... or create a new table
16:25 cait at the moment i lean a bit towards the latter, i think you'd only need the course Id and the bilbionumber... and all the rest of course_items would remain unused/empty... also the name doesn't fit then
16:25 cait but not sure if that woudl be the best way to do it
16:26 caroline_crazycatlady I was leaning towards the first, but I'm not a DB architect, so I'm not the best person to ask
16:26 caroline_crazycatlady I don't necessarily want tables with a gazillion columns
16:27 oleonard Compare it to holds, where the reserve table has biblionumber and itemnumber, right? But only a hold with an itemnumber is an item-level hold.
16:27 oleonard Could it be similar for course reserves?
16:27 cait true
16:27 cait but the other holds columns are used for both
16:27 cait http://schema.koha-community.o[…]course_items.html
16:27 cait Joubu: maybe you know about the consequences more?
16:28 caroline_crazycatlady true
16:28 caroline_crazycatlady nothing else would be filled
16:29 cait timestamp
16:29 cait heh :)
16:31 cait hm but we have no clear vote yet, right?
16:31 caroline_crazycatlady no
16:32 cait thx for looking into this with me
16:33 caroline_crazycatlady sorry I couldn't really help
16:33 cait it's ok, i am stuck on this too
16:33 cait that's why we put it on bugzilla
16:58 ashimema I can think about it over the weekend cait
16:58 ashimema Right now.. a beer is calling
16:59 lukeG1 Enjoy ashimema!
17:00 ashimema :-)
17:02 ashimema Ooh, ooh... Thanks for the signoff lukeG1
17:11 inlibro joined #koha
17:14 morrism joined #koha
17:20 cait ashimema:  have a nice weekend :)
17:20 cait I'll be semi-around on monday - another presentation to prepare...
17:23 ashimema Enjoy the weekend #koha friends
17:23 oleonard-away Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday for Americans on Monday
17:33 khall joined #koha
17:52 cait enjoy yor holiday!
17:52 cait left #koha
17:58 cait joined #koha
18:06 cait joined #koha
18:12 inlibro joined #koha
18:32 cait joined #koha
19:05 davewood joined #koha
19:07 khall joined #koha
19:11 khall_ joined #koha
19:12 inlibro joined #koha
19:13 paul_p joined #koha
20:09 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:09 wahanui Congratulations!
20:09 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #189: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/189/
20:12 inlibro joined #koha
20:13 khall joined #koha
20:14 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:14 wahanui Congratulations!
20:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #54: FIXED in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/54/
20:21 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:21 wahanui Congratulations!
20:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #221: FIXED in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/221/
20:23 lilipute1h_asu joined #koha
20:51 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
20:51 wahanui Congratulations!
20:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #193: FIXED in 41 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/193/
21:00 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:00 wahanui Congratulations!
21:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #88: FIXED in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/88/
21:08 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
21:08 wahanui Congratulations!
21:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #192: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/192/
21:12 inlibro joined #koha
21:22 davidnind joined #koha
21:23 AndrewFH joined #koha
21:30 wizzycray joined #koha
21:53 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #89: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/89/
22:12 inlibro joined #koha
22:20 davidnind left #koha
22:48 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #193: SUCCESS in 38 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/193/
23:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #194: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U16/194/
23:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U2010 build #90: SUCCESS in 53 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_20.05_U2010/90/
23:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #190: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/190/
23:08 oleonard joined #koha
23:12 inlibro joined #koha
23:47 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #222: SUCCESS in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_U20/222/
23:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #55: SUCCESS in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/55/

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary