IRC log for #koha, 2020-11-03

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:02 inlibro joined #koha
00:10 dpk joined #koha
00:14 dcook @later tell Joubu I wasn't around at that time. I've been trying to finish up on time lately heh.
00:14 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:18 oleonard Sorry cait I was afk. My Open Library patch does contain a string change.
00:21 cait I didn't spot where the text was coming from at first glance
00:21 cait that's why the question, but I am not here really, so it has to wait
00:22 oleonard Me neither :)
00:41 dcook @later tell Joubu I'm really keen for us to move forward on Bug 25026
00:41 huginn dcook: The operation succeeded.
00:42 dcook Dang missed both people by af ew minutes
00:51 kathryn__ joined #koha
01:02 inlibro joined #koha
01:25 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
01:43 aleisha hi! does anyone know how I can access a list of authorised values in an xslt file?
01:43 aleisha sorry in an XML file
02:01 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
02:02 inlibro joined #koha
02:17 hayleymapley_ joined #koha
02:21 hayley joined #koha
03:02 inlibro joined #koha
03:31 Ila_ron joined #koha
03:43 dcook aleisha: Still around?
03:43 dcook also tfw you know there's a bug report for what you want but you're trying to remember how to find it..
03:43 dcook Muaha found it..
04:02 inlibro joined #koha
04:15 khall joined #koha
05:03 inlibro joined #koha
05:34 enkidu joined #koha
05:42 fridolin joined #koha
05:42 fridolin hi
06:03 inlibro joined #koha
06:05 davidnind joined #koha
06:10 chriss joined #koha
06:45 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
07:03 inlibro joined #koha
07:09 magnuse \o/
07:11 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
07:18 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:22 did joined #koha
07:38 pastebot "davidnind" at pasted "alexbuckley: for bug 25560 one test failure for prove -v t/db_dependent/Circulation/issue.t" (4 lines) at
07:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25560 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alexbuckley, Needs Signoff , Exclude itemtypes from UpdateNotForLoanStatusOnCheckin
07:39 kohaputti joined #koha
07:42 enkidu joined #koha
07:43 davidnind alexbuckley: if I don't change any of the system preferences as per the test plan, then all the tests pass (that is, as if I had just applied the patches, updated the database, but hadn't walked through the test plan)
07:50 ashimema Bug 25026
07:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25026 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, ASSIGNED , RaiseError must be set for the UI
07:50 ashimema Mornin' #koha
07:55 lmstrand joined #koha
07:59 alex_a joined #koha
07:59 alex_a Bonjour
07:59 cait joined #koha
08:00 ila_ron joined #koha
08:01 sophie_m joined #koha
08:03 inlibro joined #koha
08:07 domm joined #koha
08:08 cait1 joined #koha
08:08 lds joined #koha
08:32 ashimema cait around?
08:58 ashimema yeay.. I'm back to having half the QA of cait this morning :)
09:01 ila_ron joined #koha
09:03 inlibro joined #koha
09:07 magnuse ashimema++
09:07 magnuse can't ask more than that ;-)
09:07 ashimema hehe
09:07 ashimema she's a hard target
09:07 magnuse indeed
09:22 magnuse is there a clever way to search for patrons by (unique) patron attributes?
09:25 magnuse in code, i mean
09:30 magnuse ah filter_by_attribute_value
09:32 ashimema :)
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26806: Remove 1 remaining occurrence of jquery.checkboxes.min.js <[…]392c3f27479779b03>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26889: Remove extra space from "Damaged :" in item search <[…]7f91416d1cfe7a6c9>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26881: Remove period on limit to available items on opac <[…]f88d642992cd1f7d9>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26880: Add explanatory text to add course reserve pages <[…]ba1d7db2e7ff1c09d>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26828: Set focus for cursor to current password field when updating in the OPAC <[…]e0d41147bdbe2d5e1>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26826: Set focus for cursor to name input box when creating a new list <[…]af17c64bf5941eff5>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26830: Set focus for cursor to name input box when creating a new list in the... <[…]7238615a93953370b>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26806: Remove the jquery.checkboxes plugin from the staff client <[…]2462e87eae2aee308>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26805: Remove remaining instances of jquery.checkboxes plugin from the OPAC <[…]7570fcb41a1ad1872>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26800: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from checkout page <[…]ae6c1a902c6d52e33>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26799: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from patron payment page <[…]f0fb2195631749de6>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26798: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from patron detail page <[…]012834cd83990aca5>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26795: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from ILL pages <[…]50af2dda6ad6e687e>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26769: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from staff interface search... <[…]8dbbd5c1307183920>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26767: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from duplicate orders template <[…]29d0c312a2f31182c>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26768: Remove the use of jquery.checkboxes plugin from library transfer limits... <[…]819ff360079a54383>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26753: Set focus for cursor to password field on Overdrive login popup on OPAC <[…]061585c53d99076c5>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26694: Set focus for cursor to search input box on <[…]4b0145bab83d88127>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26695: Add modal "shown" event to set cursor focus <[…]9d95131078aa2bc50>
10:01 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26712: Set focus for cursor to basket name input box on <[…]d3e5a48a9c46381ea>
10:03 inlibro joined #koha
10:09 ila_ron joined #koha
10:16 cait1 ah the sound of pushed patches again
10:17 cait1 ashimema: you called for me?
10:17 ashimema :)
10:17 ashimema I did..
10:17 ashimema but I forget why now
10:17 ashimema ah.. I think it was the <p/> bug
10:17 ashimema I've commented on the bug
10:17 ashimema I should probably have failed it rather than just comment
10:18 ashimema I'm bad at that.. I don't like failing people so nicely ask for fixes often instead.
10:24 melek joined #koha
10:28 cait1 just fail me :)
10:28 cait1 or do a follow-up
10:28 ashimema hehe
10:30 nikkom joined #koha
10:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1484: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1484/
10:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #429: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/429/
10:52 severine_q joined #koha
10:52 severine_q hello #koha !
10:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #131: SUCCESS in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/131/
11:01 khall joined #koha
11:02 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:02 wahanui Congratulations!
11:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #450: FIXED in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/450/
11:04 inlibro joined #koha
11:05 tuxayo Hi #koha o/
11:07 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
11:10 kohaputti hmm, the elasticsearch searches don't seem to find anything with "Tutki ja kirjoita 2009" (without quotes) but if the search is "Tutki ja kirjoita AND 2009" then it finds. The title field here is "Tutki ja kirjoita"
11:10 kohaputti I wonder if the searches should by default insert AND on every whitespace
11:10 davidnind left #koha
11:11 kohaputti like "Tutki AND ja AND kirjoita AND 2009"
11:12 kohaputti the current default is like searching with ""Tutki ja kirjoita 2009"" (meaning the words should all appear in that order
11:13 tuxayo Right I didn't see the difference
11:13 tuxayo But is that an order problem in your case kohaputti ?
11:13 ashimema both are without quotes above right?
11:14 kohaputti yes, the 2009 comes from a different search field and is not coming directly after the title field
11:14 kohaputti ashimema, yes without quotes
11:14 tuxayo Nevermind, it's not about order, the AND is just to get from another search field
11:15 ashimema bowing out.. I don't know enough about ES yet to really comment
11:15 ashimema I would have expected your first example to 'just work' as is.
11:16 kohaputti we backported the elasticsearch patches like year or two ago to and then this search worked as if there was AND at every whitespace
11:16 kohaputti so maybe this is some recent change in master
11:16 kohaputti more likely a bug
11:16 ashimema yeah.. I'm sure that's our experience too
11:16 ashimema so maybe a recent change
11:17 ashimema asking kidclamp or ere would be your best bet
11:18 tuxayo Does anyone know between
11:18 tuxayo Koha::CirculationRules->set_rule and
11:18 tuxayo Koha::CirculationRules->set_rules
11:18 tuxayo If one is to be prefered? It could be that set_rule is to maintain compatibilty with pre bug 18936 code
11:18 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=18936 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, RESOLVED FIXED, Move issuingrules into circulation_rules
11:18 tuxayo[…]4CvTy4dnbF1Zzb6va
11:20 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
11:20 Joubu set_rule is to set 1 rule, set_rules is to set several rules, applying on the same (library, category, itemtype)
11:20 ashimema what he said ;)
11:21 Joubu kohaputti: did you track down what is the query we send to ES?
11:22 tuxayo Does set_rules replaces the rules? (removes the unmentioned ones) of just add to the set?
11:23 * tuxayo remembers that there might be a doc for the subroutines
11:23 kohaputti Joubu:
11:23 kohaputti 'default_operator' => 'AND',
11:23 kohaputti 'query' => '(Tutki* ja* kirjoita* 2009*)',
11:24 Joubu looks like there are unwanted parenthesis
11:25 khall_ joined #koha
11:25 kohaputti could be, I know there is some processing happening regarding parentheses
11:26 tuxayo Sorry that I forgot to check the doc, there is not but the code is short and simple enough. It adds the rules. Thanks Joubu and ashimema  :)
11:26 ashimema no worries at all
11:27 * ashimema often asks silly questions
11:27 khall joined #koha
11:28 Joubu bug 23521:
11:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23521 normal, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Pushed to stable , ES 6 - limit terms with many words can make the search inaccurate
11:28 kohaputti This issue with elasticsearch could be also happening with some setting, it has been quite delicate process to set all the right values to sysprefs because errors happen very easily if they are not right
11:29 kohaputti (i'm also having a bigger project fixing all the ES search issues and errors)
11:29 ashimema I had hoped we'd resolved the configuration delicacies with ES
11:29 ashimema brb.. meeting time
11:29 Joubu tuxayo: IIRC it will update the existing one(s)
11:29 Joubu or adds if none existed
11:29 tuxayo yep!
11:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #124: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_Deps/124/
11:39 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
11:39 wahanui Congratulations!
11:39 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #934: FIXED in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/934/
11:42 ila_ron joined #koha
11:42 * cait1 sees lots of bug mails
11:42 * cait1 wonders if ashimema failed ALL her patches
11:42 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #393: SUCCESS in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/393/
11:43 cait1 what I have been wondering... is there a nice way to get the error stack to displayon a normal package installation? (instead of the non-descriptive nternal error)
11:43 cait1 i know the dev installatons do it, but not sure what the trigger is
11:43 cait1 and if it can work for package test installations
11:44 khall_ joined #koha
11:45 cait joined #koha
11:49 khall__ joined #koha
11:58 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #116: SUCCESS in 56 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U16/116/
12:04 inlibro joined #koha
12:06 cait ashimema: commented on the patch with some more info, trying to sway your opinion :)
12:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #129: STILL UNSTABLE in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/129/
12:22 oleonard joined #koha
12:25 Joubu cait: koha-plack needs to be run with DEV_INSTALL=1
12:25 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:25 cait can this be done safely for a demo/test installation?
12:26 cait we use it for it for demos and currently for 20.05 testing
12:27 cait and we can't get to the logs easily, so this would make my life a lot easier
12:30 liliputech_asu joined #koha
12:30 tcohen morning
12:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #37: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/37/
12:35 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
12:50 cait1 morning tcohen :)
12:51 tcohen hi cait1
13:01 Joubu cait1: if it's a demo/test install it will be safe, yes :)
13:03 cait1 Joubu: thx, I have suggested that now to my sysadmins :)
13:04 inlibro joined #koha
13:06 cait1 MarkHofstetter: let me know once you registered for the wiki
13:06 cait1 I'll moderate it then
13:06 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #130: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/130/
13:09 domm is this:[…]ha-testing-docker a good template for creating a docker-compose setup for local dev?
13:10 tuxayo domm: it's already a docker-compose setup for local dev
13:11 tuxayo hi :)
13:11 tuxayo Is there something different from it that you need?
13:16 domm well, it says it's for running tests (which yes, implies local dev)
13:16 domm but I haven't tried it yet (after we have already spend some time coming up with our own docker-compose.yml)
13:16 domm which is not working good enough
13:16 Joubu domm: most of Koha devs here are using it
13:17 Joubu for dev purpose :)
13:17 domm perfect :-)
13:17 domm then I'll give it a spin
13:17 domm BTW, I'm just starting with Koha, working together with MarkHofstetter
13:18 Joubu welcome then :) Let us know if you face any issues or have questions!
13:28 magnuse domm++
13:43 cait1 tcohen: told you we should update the descriptions ;)
13:43 tcohen ?
13:43 tcohen context please!!!
13:43 cait1 we recently talked about the gitlab description for koha-testing-docker on IRC
13:44 tcohen AH
13:44 cait1 and I think you or ashimema volunteered to update :)
13:49 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
13:57 tuxayo domm: welcome to both of you :)
13:57 domm thx!
13:58 domm We are working on a project to move the "Steiermärkische Landesbibliothek" to koha
13:58 caroline joined #koha
13:59 domm i.e. the library of a state (Styria) of Austria
14:00 domm Maybe some of you know me from various Perl conferences / workshops in and around Europe
14:04 inlibro joined #koha
14:09 tuxayo domm: yay! :D
14:09 cait1 kohaputti: I really believe sometimes better than before is good enough
14:10 kohaputti in this particular case I think this would have created a new hidden problem, there won't be any errors about "html bloat"
14:11 cait1 we are never going to systematically fix html bloat
14:11 ashimema cait++
14:11 cait1 it's just too easy to use a br or p
14:11 kohaputti cait1, correct html tags are important for screenreaders, etc.
14:11 cait1 that's true
14:11 cait1 but i think a broken tag will cause more issues than an additional br
14:12 cait1 or a misused paragraph
14:13 kohaputti cait1, maybe someone else will tackle the issue, it should not be more than 5 min work but I'm too lazy to do it now xD Just happened to see the discussion
14:13 cait1 oleonard: would you inclined tohelp out? not sure if we have standard for stuff like this with CSS
14:13 ashimema hi
14:14 tuxayo QA question: should patches that add new strings to a template must have in the test plan the update of the .po and translating it?
14:15 ashimema haha.. that is a good question
14:15 kohaputti cait1, I'm working on now another bug so maybe after I'm done with that I could look into this aswell, but that might be tomorrow.
14:15 cait1 kohaputti: as I copied what was in the template already it might turn into more work fast, rewriting more of the templates in question
14:15 ashimema not strictly.. but if they're bugs that specifically add strings to ensure they are translatable then I would say yes
14:15 ashimema there's a lovely test plan written by caroline on one of my bugs for it now..
14:15 ashimema I failed miserably to work out how to write a test plan for it..
14:16 kohaputti cait1, that message was for tuxayo ?
14:16 cait1 oh yes
14:16 cait1 sorry phone call
14:16 * ashimema is confused.. too many cross conversations suddently :P
14:17 kohaputti :D
14:18 ashimema sorry cait1, I didn't mean to throw spanners into your </p> bug
14:19 * cait1 sulks ;)
14:19 ashimema I agree with it in principle.. also.. I learnt something.. I had no idea unclosed paragraphs were allowed now.. lol
14:19 ashimema kinda feels dirty to me to have them still.. but that's opinion so shouldn't come into it here.
14:20 Joubu - do we need the final dot in the last line?
14:20 tuxayo cait1: «as I copied what was in the template already» I don't get it
14:22 Dyrcona joined #koha
14:23 cait1 tuxayo:  I think I looked aroudn and just reused what was already used, but i have to take another closer look
14:23 tcohen next meeting?
14:23 wahanui next meeting is https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
14:25 cait1 Joubu: i think it would look better without
14:25 tuxayo cait1: maybe there is a confusion, I'm also working on patch that add strings and was wondering about the test plan. It's about a modal that contains around 20 strings.
14:26 tuxayo bug 23732
14:26 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23732 enhancement, P5 - low, ---,, Patch doesn't apply , Hold rules checker: show matched rules and syspref values to help understand why a hold is possible or not
14:27 tuxayo Most work in but in the end, there is a modal with some info
14:28 Joubu thx cait
14:32 cait1 tuxayo: never mind
14:36 cait1 tuxayo: the bug we were discussing is about <p/> appearing in the templates - that tag doesn't exist, so I was trying to clean it up some. In general some should be removed and replaced with CSS - but as I was not sure how we usually handle this I only fixed the tags. We are agueing about that :)
14:37 tuxayo ^^
14:37 domm any hints on how I can install a dump of a live koha DB into the koha-testing-docker container?
14:39 Joubu sample data is inserted automatically
14:40 domm yes, but I'd like to work on the actual config (and data!) we have stored in our DB
14:40 Joubu ho right, then you can drop the database, recreate it then load your dump
14:40 tuxayo domm: the koha source code is accessible from the container so there you can put quickly and dirty you .sql dump and insert it
14:41 Joubu `restart_all` and you will get the webinstaller (if you are running master)
14:41 domm ah, ok, so I put MY dump into the koha source, and the testing container will use it
14:41 tuxayo *your sql dump
14:42 tuxayo (I fixed a typo of mine)
14:42 Joubu domm: nope. There is no way to docker-compose up and have the container with other data than the sample ones
14:42 Joubu domm: you have to manually insert your sql dump
14:42 tuxayo domm: let me find how to connect to the from the main container
14:43 domm ok, so in the container, do dropdb, and create a fresh import
14:43 domm and as I'm using a bind-mount for mysql-data, I won't have to do that every time I start the container
14:44 Joubu I don't think it will work unfortunaly. The init process will create the DB and insert the data
14:45 Joubu that will make startup to fail
14:45 tuxayo Joubu: starting with persistence (kp) will work right?
14:46 tuxayo oops, I forgot were I found how to access the DB from the koha container ><
14:47 Joubu tuxayo: maybe it will, needs to be confirmed
14:47 domm I use docker-compose to exec bash in the mysql service
14:47 domm ok, so I'll give this a try :-)
14:48 domm but I'll have to stop my fingers from trying postgres commands on mysql...
14:48 Joubu tuxayo: from the koha container you can specify the host, user and pwd
14:48 tuxayo he he
14:48 Joubu mysql -h db -u root -ppassword
14:48 Joubu alias postgres=mysql :D
14:49 tuxayo lol
14:49 domm Joubu: I'm afraid that won't be enough :-)
14:49 Joubu will certainly be worst!
14:50 ashimema welcome aboard domm :)
14:50 ashimema was so in my own world there I missed we had a new face..
14:51 tuxayo > mysql -h db -u root -ppassword
14:51 tuxayo great, it's as simple as that
14:52 cait1 :)
14:57 domm yes, docker-compose inter-service networking is rather nice :-)
15:04 inlibro joined #koha
15:05 cait1 updated bug 26727 to default asignee oleonard - removing now
15:05 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26727 trivial, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Failed QA , Fix <p/> appearing in the templates
15:29 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
15:37 lukeG joined #koha
16:05 inlibro joined #koha
16:15 domm ok, I cannot get koha-testing-docker running with a persistent DB (i.e. -f docker-compose.persistent.yml )
16:15 domm I get either "User kohadev-koha already exists" or "Database not empty"
16:16 domm may I ask, what dockerfile is this basend on? I assume on of those:
16:18 ashimema[…]tree/master/dists
16:19 ashimema each dist has it's own Dockerfile
16:19 ashimema I can't remember all the gory details I have to admit
16:19 ashimema they're all there to see in the repo though.
16:19 ashimema we then use trigger a build on the git push which uses them to build images that are pushed to dockerhub.. I think
16:19 ashimema tcohen it the man
16:20 domm ashimema: ah, ok, yes, definitly easier to read there than on dockerhub (and obviously also in the checkout..)
16:20 tcohen dom
16:20 ashimema :)
16:20 tcohen domm what's your timezone?
16:20 ashimema yeay, tcohen is around
16:21 ashimema as if by magic
16:21 tcohen I'm just leaving, so want to be around when they are
16:21 ashimema your Austria aren't you domm?
16:21 domm yes
16:21 tcohen ping you later or tomorrow morning
16:22 domm it's 17:30 here, so I'll stop in a few minutes :-)
16:22 tcohen we need better docs for sure
16:22 ashimema so UTC +1
16:22 tcohen tomorrow then
16:22 domm perfect
16:22 tcohen bye!
16:22 ashimema :)
16:22 domm (I'm running my weechat in tmux, so I'll be in the channel 24/7)
16:23 ashimema sorry I'm not so much help domm.. I can do most things I need to do in docker.. but it tends to be a bit of a stumbling around to make it work.. I'm not confident enough yet to really help others beyond the very basics ;)
16:23 domm I've been using docker/docker-compose quite a lot in the last 2 years, and still not feel very confident :-(
16:24 domm (but then I'm more of a dev than on ops guy..)
16:24 ashimema that's very much the same position I'm in
16:24 ashimema :)
16:47 lukeG1 joined #koha
17:05 inlibro joined #koha
17:18 ashimema @later tell Joubu I'm happy with bug 26172 followup
17:18 huginn ashimema: The operation succeeded.
17:18 enkidu joined #koha
17:28 cait1 domm: tochen is in Argentina :)
17:29 mtj hey folks
17:29 mtj we need to decide if rabbit-mq is 'recommends' or 'suggested' in the koha-common package
17:29 mtj both options allow rmq to be uninstalled - each option has some differences
17:29 mtj 1/ 'recommends' means rmq is installed by default, and can be removed later. this is easier for users to upgrade
17:29 mtj 2/ 'suggested' means rmq needs to be manually installed before koha-common, so introduces an extra required step for upgrade/install
17:29 mtj i think suggested might be the 'correct' option, even tho it adds an extra step for upgrades
17:29 mtj any options..? ^
17:31 cait1 sorry, no real help there
17:32 mtj bug 26741 tracks the issue
17:32 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26741 minor, P5 - low, ---, dcook, In Discussion , Make rabbitmq-server a 'recommended' package
17:32 mtj hiya cait1, np :)
17:38 lukeG joined #koha
17:44 cait1 left #koha
17:46 oleonard o/
17:56 enkidu joined #koha
18:01 cait joined #koha
18:04 tcohen Joubu does Koha work without RabbitMQ at all?
18:05 inlibro joined #koha
18:08 mtj tcohen: hmm, i think no
18:08 tcohen so we need the package that installs it all
18:09 tcohen probably make koha-common a meta.package that pulls koha-core + rabbitmq
18:15 tcohen do we aim to have a 'koha' package?
18:16 tcohen I regret mentioning this as it will make the discussion more complex
18:16 tcohen lets have koha-core?
18:16 * cait sends cookies
18:21 mtj tcohen: i think the plan was to leave the existing koha and koha-common packages as-is
18:21 tcohen that's correct
18:21 tcohen so
18:21 tcohen lets have a koha-core package? With less deps?
18:22 mtj yep, thats my understanding ^
18:23 mtj i have made some progress on a koha-core pkg
18:23 mtj[…]/heads/koha-core2
18:24 tcohen how can I help?
18:24 mtj ignore the missing 'control' in that branch, it has not be generated
18:24 tcohen I need that ASAP so we can have a cool 20.11 docker image for production
18:25 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
18:26 mtj i wanted to ask you what deps you wanted in koha-core... do we need apache, memcached, mysql, rmq?
18:27 tcohen none of those
18:27 mtj ok, easy :)
18:27 tcohen maybe apache
18:27 tcohen for now
18:28 mtj ok, apache can be a 'suggested' package?, and can be added/removed as needed...
18:28 tcohen good idea
18:28 tcohen wait, keep it out
18:29 tcohen we'll deal with it in the Dockerfile, explicitly
18:29 tcohen until we ditch it
18:29 tcohen keep koha-core to the bare minimum
18:31 mtj ok
18:33 mtj tcohen: i have not worked out a way of properly testing koha-core, as it is non-functional by itself
18:34 mtj ill make a start by building a koha-core package, and adding it to an apt repo for you to pull
18:35 mtj ...then we can work through any problems
18:42 lisettelatah joined #koha
18:44 lisettelatah_ joined #koha
18:45 kidclamp joubu++
18:57 davidnind joined #koha
19:05 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
19:05 inlibro joined #koha
19:08 khall joined #koha
19:19 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:43 khall joined #koha
19:49 lds joined #koha
19:57 marie-luce joined #koha
20:05 khall joined #koha
20:05 inlibro joined #koha
20:06 tuxayo Has the dev meeting be moved?
20:06 tuxayo It now colides with the general meeting tomorow
20:07 cait hm i hink it did since moved from last date last week?
20:08 tuxayo Ok, I though it was today. Still the collision though.
20:08 caroline I haven't changed it
20:09 caroline Not sure how to change it
20:09 caroline In the calendar and the wiki?
20:09 caroline manually? is that all?
20:10 cait i dunno
20:10 cait Joubu: around?
20:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
20:10 caroline ashimema also maybe
20:10 caroline one of them is bound to know
20:14 khall joined #koha
20:14 davidnind I would change on the wiki (to a more Joubu friendly time 13:00 or 14:00 since it is release month), then ask ashimema or Joubu to change in the calendar
20:14 davidnind then maybe a note to the dev mailing list
20:17 caroline I have access to the calendar, so I can do this part
20:18 davidnind although ashimema is doing a live stream around that time...
20:18 davidnind that would be great caroline
20:19 cait maybe we should push dev to another day?
20:19 caroline davidnind: what is the time of the stream?
20:21 khall_ joined #koha
20:21 caroline so 14 UTC is 3pm in madrid, 9am east coast and 6am west coast and probably an ungodly hour in nz
20:21 davidnind 5 November 2020 ,14:00 UTC[…]iso=20201104T1400
20:22 caroline oh that's on the 5
20:22 caroline the meeting is on the 4 (utc)
20:22 davidnind I'm not sure what day it is anymore :)
20:23 caroline me neither
20:23 caroline but the link says november 4, so i'm not sure
20:23 marie-luce according to youtube it's in 17 hours from now
20:23 caroline ok so definitely near the meeting
20:24 caroline and it's at 14 utc so maybe the meeting at 15?
20:24 davidnind oops, my bad, it's the 5th NZ time rather than UTC
20:24 davidnind +1
20:25 caroline ok unless someone voices an opposition, I will change the wiki and the calendar to the 4th at 15 utc
20:25 davidnind lets those who want to an opportunity to watch ashimema
20:25 hayley joined #koha
20:25 davidnind +1
20:26 davidnind Updated time and date for IRC developers meeting[…]iso=20201104T1500
20:26 caroline can someone write to the dev list?
20:27 caroline @later tell Joubu we moved the dev meeting to 15 UTC on nov 4 because it clashed with the general meeting (and also it's a more manageable time for you)
20:27 huginn caroline: The operation succeeded.
20:28 davidnind caroline++
20:28 marie-luce caroline++
20:28 davidnind I will send a message to the dev list + update on Twitter
20:28 caroline thanks davidnind!
20:28 caroline davidnind++
20:29 caroline meetings?
20:29 wahanui meetings are https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Next_IRC_meetings
20:46 lukeG1 joined #koha
20:49 hayley joined #koha
21:05 inlibro joined #koha
21:08 cait coworkers located a bug i stable/master - bug 26915
21:08 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26915 critical, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Koha explodes when writing off a fee with FinePaymentAutoPopup
21:20 ashimema davidnind++
21:31 davidnind also caroline :)
21:34 davidnind cait: 💣
21:35 cait hm?
21:38 davidnind not sure how that would look - was a bomb with a fuse, from the title of the bug "explodes", I think my attempt at humour failed :-D
21:47 cait :)
21:47 cait mine does all the time
21:48 davidnind :)
22:06 inlibro joined #koha
22:15 cait oleonard-away: are you still a little bit around?
22:18 dcook Whew seems like folk were busy
22:36 hayley joined #koha
23:06 inlibro joined #koha
23:09 caroline I see a lot of ppl had fun with emojis lol! https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.05
23:11 dcook Without me? I thought I was the only one who used emoji in the Koha community heh
23:11 * dcook looks
23:11 dcook heh cute
23:14 dcook davidnind is just too fast heh
23:16 caroline David "The Lightning" Nind
23:16 davidnind it worked for me, I just follow the test plan - didn't see your comment until after...
23:17 davidnind only because I'm not at work  today :)
23:17 tcohen cait: have you seen bug 8179
23:17 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8179 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, agustinmoyano, Patch doesn't apply , Receiving multiple order lines at once
23:18 cait not yet in the queue, but saw that Severine was working on it
23:19 tcohen I'm surprised about the table search being kept
23:20 tcohen the cookie that is used for keeping the left search form doesn't contain a value for that table search
23:20 tcohen but I'm doing a reset_all against master to double check
23:21 dcook davidnind: I think my comment was wrong
23:21 dcook One of those cases where reading the code isn't enough heh.
23:22 davidnind search is complicated...
23:23 khall joined #koha
23:24 dcook davidnind: Story of my working life
23:24 dcook That said, it wouldn't be an issue if 25548 were pushed, but then ugly URLs...
23:25 cait tcohen: yeah i couldn#t see it in the cookies, that's what i checked too
23:25 cait but it did work sill
23:26 dcook Nick's patch works great. I'll do a 2nd sign off.
23:26 * dcook is looking forward to hopefully being on the QA team for 21.05...
23:26 dcook I probably won't do a tonne, but it would be handy for times like this
23:27 davidnind dcook++
23:27 hayley joined #koha
23:30 dcook Double trouble hehe

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary