IRC log for #koha, 2020-11-04

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:06 inlibro joined #koha
00:11 davidnind kidclamp:bug 26911 - does the patch get applied to 19.11.x or master? On 19.11.x the patch does not apply..
00:11 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26911 critical, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Needs Signoff , Update for 18936 can cause data loss if constraints are violated
00:18 kidclamp To master, 19.11 is where you can recreate the problem
00:19 kidclamp You could just do a manual insert and run the DB update if you want to get fancy
00:22 davidnind thanks kidclamp!  I've just tried on master and it works, I will amend the test plan when I sign off (step 9 says repeat 1-4 when it should say repeat 1-5)
00:23 kidclamp Thank you!
00:29 dcook kidclamp++
00:29 dcook For bug 7607 heh
00:29 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=7607 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Signed Off , Advanced search: Index and search term don't match when leaving fields empty
01:06 inlibro joined #koha
02:06 inlibro joined #koha
03:06 inlibro joined #koha
04:07 inlibro joined #koha
04:45 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
05:07 inlibro joined #koha
05:59 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
06:05 chriss joined #koha
06:07 inlibro joined #koha
06:27 lds joined #koha
06:48 lmstrand joined #koha
06:51 MarkHofstetter good morning, cait1 just requested the wiki login
07:07 inlibro joined #koha
07:17 ila_ron joined #koha
07:20 ila_ron tree
07:24 Joubu Thanks caroline and davidnind for the meeting slot adjustment!
07:26 cait joined #koha
07:33 fridolin joined #koha
07:35 alex_a joined #koha
07:36 alex_a Bonjour
07:36 wahanui que tal, alex_a
07:37 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
07:47 magnuse \o/
07:50 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:57 cait good morning
07:57 did joined #koha
08:04 cait joined #koha
08:07 inlibro joined #koha
08:10 ashimema grr.. these sandboxes are causing me some real headaches at the moment :(
08:11 cait1 joined #koha
08:17 sophie_m joined #koha
08:49 severine_q joined #koha
08:50 severine_q hello #koha :)
08:58 alex_a Hello severine_q
08:58 alex_a severine_q, bug 20125 is ready for test
08:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20125 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, alex.arnaud, Needs Signoff , Add a cron script to claim late orders
08:59 severine_q hi alex_a !
08:59 severine_q that's what I just saw !
08:59 severine_q take a coffee and ready for testing it one more time ^^
09:05 ashimema right.. hopefully the sandboxes are back in action
09:06 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
09:07 inlibro joined #koha
09:08 cait joined #koha
09:11 cait ashimema++
09:14 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
09:30 MarkHofstetter joined #koha
09:36 kohaputti joined #koha
09:37 MarkHofstetter1 joined #koha
09:45 davidnind left #koha
10:08 inlibro joined #koha
11:00 cait1 joined #koha
11:08 inlibro joined #koha
11:11 ashimema cait dissapeared
11:11 ashimema did cait1 appear?
11:21 magnuse uh oh
11:24 fridolin joined #koha
11:35 davewood joined #koha
11:44 did joined #koha
11:45 tuxayo hi #koha o/
11:47 magnuse hiya tuxayo
11:55 oleonard Hi all
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21898: Add basket for TT syntax <[…]6f194a2eb05071c60>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26190: Allow to close a basket with only cancelled order lines <[…]c18489c6ee799a9aa>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26680: Acq - Wrap (rcvd) in a span and change text to received <[…]8f75a6fc4bdc3eb9c>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26572: (QA follow-up) Escape strings in autocomplete <[…]7d46d917746e438d7>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26439: (QA follow-up) Correct MSG instances in cart.js <[…]5b33b4e28df4b806f>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24834: (follow-up) Improve breadcrumb <[…]1b3560bf0915fe845>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24834: (QA follow-up) Add missing filter <[…]3240f14e44f0882f5>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26641: Optimize CatalogModuleRelink lookup <[…]feaa61fc9c97ed68a>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26641: pass the MARC field as an argument to <[…]f444917a0ff336d50>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21898: Add aqbasket to available tables for ACQORDER <[…]ce23ba5d70c822b14>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26572: Add autocomplete to librarian field in log viewer <[…]94f032267679810bd>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 19351: Add items.copynumber to the checkouts table <[…]893af71edf26a473f>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24834: (follow-up) Add report id to page titles <[…]da88aa3076b255eeb>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24834: Display report number on editing or running a report <[…]1d6f1241273ce5705>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21882: Show price information in acqusitions tab on staff detail page <[…]991b03e9fb2bdecd2>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15780: Add inventory number to checkout list on summary print <[…]d220e7d418ca1c818>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15329: Add new column for budget to the late orders table <[…]ccfd20042594ac4bf>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 15141: Add MARC21 770/772 Supplement (parent) to OPAC and staff detail pages <[…]3c4fa161ffca0726f>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26439: Move cart-related strings out of and into basket.js <[…]016ae52e40f3817bb>
12:05 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21111: Add --exclude-indexes to koha-run-backups <[…]15eaa4de94e6bc16c>
12:08 inlibro joined #koha
12:12 magnuse shiny!
12:12 fridolin joined #koha
12:16 cait joined #koha
12:21 AndrewFH joined #koha
12:50 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #125: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_Deps/125/
12:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #117: UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U16/117/
12:53 fridolin joined #koha
12:55 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #935: UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/935/
12:56 ashimema cait keeps popping in, talking to me in PM.. then dissapearing offline again before I can reply :(
12:56 oleonard She's an angry ghost
12:57 ashimema haha.. indeed
12:58 * ashimema has decided classes are weird
12:58 ashimema in JS hasClass at least
12:59 ashimema having a class="thingy " takes it to mean there's a second class of 'empty string'.. spot the trailing space
12:59 cait1 oh
12:59 cait1 just switching between laptops
13:00 oleonard ashimema that sounds like something JS would do :)
13:00 oleonard ashimema it also sounds like something jQuery is designed to do better
13:00 ashimema lol
13:00 ashimema indeed
13:01 cait1 oleonard: more grumpy than angry... maybe
13:01 ashimema but i hasClass is jQuery I believe
13:01 ashimema hugs cait1
13:02 * oleonard is definitely grumpy today
13:04 * ashimema really hopes bug 24786 now passes Joubu's requirements
13:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=24786 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Passed QA , Allow setting a cash register for a login session
13:08 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #451: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 1 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/451/
13:08 inlibro joined #koha
13:18 tuxayo These comments are wrong, right? (name of the subroutine)
13:18 tuxayo[…]
13:18 tuxayo[…]
13:20 magnuse yup, that looks wrong
13:21 AndrewFH joined #koha
13:22 ashimema if anyone fancied a final QA of my followup on bug 21886 that would be awesome..
13:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=21886 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, stefan.berndtsson, Signed Off , Add option to send notices from owning library instead of issuing library
13:26 khall joined #koha
13:26 ashimema balls.. I hope 23091 isn't too hard to rebase now :(
13:27 ashimema that's been a right pain to maintain..
13:34 marie-luce joined #koha
13:34 khall_ joined #koha
13:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #131: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/131/
13:42 magnuse bug 23091
13:42 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=23091 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Patch doesn't apply , Add options to charge new or restore forgiven overdues when a lost item is returned
13:43 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #38: STILL UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/38/
13:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #430: UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/430/
13:50 khall joined #koha
14:03 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #132: UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/132/
14:05 cait joined #koha
14:08 kohaputti Joubu, this seems to have broken the circulation with PatronLibrary CircControl set, however there was follow-up for the other instance to fix the issue: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=108152 I'm thinking of submitting a fix now for the other one aswell, just asking you in case there is a bug report already for this open (I couldn't find)
14:08 inlibro joined #koha
14:09 kohaputti I missed the original patch, here: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=108150
14:10 kohaputti The issue is that my $checkout_count = $checkouts->count; is called even when $checkouts is undefined in the CircControl = PatronLibrary case
14:14 Joubu kohaputti: we can follow-up on bug 26132 if needed
14:14 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26132 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Improve readability of TooMany
14:14 Joubu do you have a fix already?
14:14 kohaputti I have no fix yet but can produce one probably in 30 min or so
14:15 Joubu great, thanks
14:15 kohaputti I can just copy & paste basically the patch Nick
14:15 kohaputti from nick*
14:28 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1485: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1485/
14:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #394: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/394/
14:32 khall_ joined #koha
14:39 thd joined #koha
14:44 Joubu dev meeting in 15!
14:58 tuxayo Thanks for the reminder Joubu !
15:01 Joubu #startmeeting Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020
15:01 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  4 15:01:08 2020 UTC.  The chair is Joubu. Information about MeetBot at
15:01 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:01 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'development_irc_meeting_4_november_2020'
15:01 henryb joined #koha
15:01 Joubu #topic Introductions
15:01 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
15:01 Joubu qa_team?
15:01 wahanui somebody said qa_team was cait Joubu marcelr kohaputti josef_moravec tcohen kidclamp khall ashimema alex_a jajm matts
15:01 Joubu rmaints?
15:01 wahanui somebody said rmaints was lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!âš¡âš¡
15:01 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_4_November_2020
15:01 * tuxayo emerges
15:01 tuxayo \o/
15:02 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
15:02 tuxayo-read-only joined #koha
15:02 amoyano #info Agustin Moyano, Theke Solutions
15:03 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, The Bad Place
15:03 tuxayo LOL
15:03 amoyano hehe
15:03 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
15:04 lukeG joined #koha
15:04 tcohen oleonard++ # keeping it up
15:04 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
15:04 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
15:04 ashimema made it.. just
15:04 Joubu #topic Announcements
15:04 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:05 Joubu Anyone have something?
15:05 Joubu #info Election of 21.05 release team is "tonight"! 20 UTC
15:05 oleonard Finally an election I can enjoy
15:06 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Konstanz
15:06 thd :)
15:06 lukeG #info Lucas Gass, ByWater Solutions
15:06 Joubu #topic Update from the Release Manager (20.11)
15:06 Topic for #koha is now Update from the Release Manager (20.11) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:06 tuxayo Job offer: Release Maintainer for Koha. Salary: a lot of magical internet points
15:07 tuxayo One candidate is needed
15:07 Joubu back from vacation, lot of things has been PQAed, great job QA team!
15:07 tcohen what brach is missing a candidate?
15:07 Joubu at least those who QAed ;)
15:07 ashimema 2
15:07 ashimema 20.05 and 19.11
15:07 wahanui 39.16
15:08 oleonard Patience, wahanui
15:08 wahanui rumour has it Patience is a virtue.. some of the updates are slow be nessecity
15:08 tuxayo oldstable (20.05)
15:08 ashimema tuxayo has been great on oldoldstable
15:08 Joubu everybody should run master anyway
15:08 tuxayo +1
15:08 tuxayo 19.11: I candated, unless aleisha wants to continue it
15:08 Joubu we should ping someone at Catalyst
15:08 tuxayo *candidated
15:09 inlibro joined #koha
15:09 Joubu to know if they want to continue
15:09 tcohen I volunteer for 20.05
15:09 Joubu what about lukeG?
15:09 tuxayo tcohen++
15:10 lukeG Joubu: I would like to have a break from Rmaint, I've done 4 cycles now
15:10 tcohen I would prefer to give new members the chance
15:10 ashimema I can back you up if you want to share at all tcohen.. can't commit full time but happy to share the load
15:10 ashimema yeah.. would be nice to have new blood though.
15:10 Joubu hehe lukeG, yes, fair enough!
15:10 tcohen cool
15:10 tcohen ashimema++
15:10 tcohen I will sign for 20.05
15:11 ashimema tcohen++
15:11 Joubu kidclamp: ES topic expert?
15:11 Joubu matts: CAS/Shib topic expert?
15:11 Joubu then we are good, great team once again
15:11 ashimema I would say those ones are 'nice to have', not as vital though..
15:12 ashimema :)
15:12 matts Joubu, okay for me !
15:12 Joubu so, I was saying, lot of things have been PQA, I am processing them all and hopefully will be "done" (pushed or not) before end of the week
15:12 Joubu no new enhancement will be pushed after this week
15:13 Joubu I hope we will manage to fix all the bugs next week!
15:13 cait i expect quite a bit of conflicts
15:13 cait and maybe needed follow-ups
15:13 cait is there some room we could give devs there?
15:13 Joubu Then, please add the release notes to your bugs. I will add the bz tags next week
15:13 Joubu We will also need to generate the technical release notes. I will ask you for help about that as well
15:14 Joubu next is the packages, we must continue the discussion we had on the dev list 2 weeks ago
15:14 cait tcohen: there is a term for people accumulating roles :)
15:15 amoyano he
15:15 Joubu cait: it will depend on the size of the patch set. I am pushing a lot of things and I am afraid of the time we will need to stabilize all that
15:15 cait some of the bigger stuff is currently sitting
15:15 ashimema I aim to lend a hand on release notes and swatting bugs the next few weeks.. at least a couple of hours a day
15:15 cait sending ILL emails for example
15:15 Joubu I am spending 90% of my work time on the PQA bugs
15:16 Joubu cannot do more
15:16 Joubu I am doing my best to give everybody the necessary feedback to have their bugs pushed to master ASAP
15:16 oleonard Joubu++
15:16 Joubu any questions?
15:16 ashimema Joubu++ You're doing great.. it was a BIG queue
15:17 tcohen cait I don't like doing it, actually
15:17 tcohen Joubu++
15:17 cait i know, i was just wondering if there might be a way to add a little room/time as i thnk it will be a close call
15:17 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #39: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/39/
15:17 Joubu cait: yes, it won't be strict for the things PQA already
15:17 cait sorry, if that came out wrong
15:18 Joubu nope :)
15:18 Joubu #topic Updates from the Release Maintainers
15:18 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the Release Maintainers (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:18 cait maybe have people check their stuff for rebasing
15:18 cait could help remove some extra work/time lost
15:19 tuxayo #info 19.05: last security release was without issue
15:19 Joubu #info If you have PQA bugs that have been FQA or needs a rebase, provide feedback ASAP to have them reach 20.11!
15:20 Joubu ho, I forget, D11 is completely broken, see bug 26893, must not be used!
15:20 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26893 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , New version of JSON::Validator (D11) break our REST API routes
15:20 Joubu #info Koha under Debian 11 is broken, it must not be used until bug 26893 is fixed!
15:20 Joubu we need this fixed for 20.11
15:21 Joubu #topic Updates from the QA team
15:21 Topic for #koha is now Updates from the QA team (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:21 tuxayo #info about RMaint I did a first pass on the release maintenance wiki page to complete and fix the security process. Needs a second one and proofreading from aleisha and lukeG
15:22 lukeG tuxayo: i'll have a look later today
15:22 tuxayo lukeG: thanks, I'll try also to do the 2nd pass
15:22 Joubu cait: something to add for the QA team topic?
15:22 cait yes
15:23 cait I am close to 1.000 QA in one year and it's not a reason for celebration
15:23 cait I can't keep this up
15:23 tuxayo :o
15:23 cait and I need everyone on the QA team signing up to step up some more next cycle
15:23 ashimema cait++
15:24 cait at the moment the load is mostly on ashimema and me
15:24 ashimema team--
15:24 cait ashimema++
15:24 cait and we need to fix that
15:24 ashimema I agree.. we need to spread the load more next release.. it's unsustainable as it is.
15:25 cait I know queue looks good right now, but as soon as 2 people step off for a day or 2 numbers are rising really fast
15:25 Joubu cait: do you get feedback when you ask for in your weekly email?
15:25 cait most of the time I don't
15:26 Joubu I think that's the mail problem. People should show up when we need them
15:26 cait i will still keep sending htem as i got positive feedback in general
15:26 ashimema I read the weekly mails and try to attack those as a high priority.. but often I find I'm locked out of at least some of them
15:26 cait it#s very time consuming to ask individual members to do things
15:26 ashimema I find the qa emails really helpful personally
15:26 cait i know it's human... and that it works
15:27 cait so maybe we need new ideas
15:28 cait best solution would be more time and people
15:28 ashimema perhaps we could mentor some new QA people?
15:29 tuxayo I was just writing that I'm feeling conformable to try QA now ^^
15:29 lukeG I would be interested in helping/learning
15:29 ashimema if there's anyone out there at all interested in doing QA.. or anyone anyone here thinks might be good at QA then feel free to apply and I'd be happy to guide on the process/mentor people
15:29 thd The best solution for most things is more available time.
15:29 Joubu we have 2 new members for 21.05
15:29 Joubu which is good
15:29 ashimema agreed
15:29 cait yes, but we started out quite well number wise this cycle, it's hard to predict
15:29 cait I am fine if people don't have many hours to spend
15:29 Joubu alex_a: not candidate to be a QA member for 21.05?
15:30 cait but having some idea when they are available and some kind of consistency would be great
15:30 ashimema also.. the QA queue is often full of easy starter bugs.. one's that don't take hours.. you can be on the QA team and be picky about what you choose to QA.. it's a good way to start
15:30 cait for sure
15:30 ashimema and it free's up other QA team members to look at some of the more narly and difficult to QA patches
15:30 * cait recommends oleonard's for starters
15:30 cait :)
15:30 tuxayo ashimema: alright, sound good for me :)
15:30 ashimema I'd love to see someone nick all the easy patches and overtake me on the leaderboards ;P
15:30 Joubu to be honest, the main problem right now is the NSO queue..
15:30 cait we have a general flow issue
15:30 ashimema That is also true
15:31 ashimema I ran a youtube 'live coding' session just before this meeting.. first half was about how to pick bugs to SO and then how to SO them using sandboxes..
15:31 cait and a lot of  the thigs gettings stuck are stuck because they are not easy to test for people with sandboxes or require dev knowledge
15:31 cait so a good topic for dev meeting - we need devs on this queue too
15:31 ashimema I'd be happy to run similar things regularly if it would help onboard people
15:32 lukeG since I won't be Rmaint'ing I hope to dedicate much more time to NSO
15:32 cait I hope this doesn't come off as too negative, but if we don't talk about... we can't change it
15:32 ashimema lukeG++
15:32 ashimema totally a worthwhile thing to discuss cait
15:33 cait lukeG: sounds great :)
15:33 ashimema as for sandboxes (* OK, they're broken right now but I'm working on that).. if there's something you can't test on them yet let me know and I can work on that
15:33 ashimema mail testing does work for example.. that's a recent addition
15:33 ashimema but perhaps we need to guide people on how
15:33 kohaputti I don't know if it is really problem that stuff is stuck in NSO queue, if things are important to more than just person then people will sign-off, not every feature needs to get in my opinion, and giving feedback on all features suggested always might not be time well spent
15:34 cait kohaputti: maybe true for a part of the queue, but there are also bug fixes and things that just aren't easy to test
15:34 Joubu kohaputti: I agree, but having the queue "clean" makes things easier to pick
15:34 cait yeah, I beleive that too
15:34 cait a not so daunting queue will be more inviting
15:35 tuxayo ashimema: «I ran a youtube 'live coding' session» Do you mean you recorded it for publication?
15:35 ashimema I would hope bugwranglers can help with keeping the queue clean.. a certain amount of that role is not to test, but to just take a look at the bugs and comment on whether they're valid, a good idea, need more thought etc
15:35 ashimema yup
15:36 ashimema
15:36 ashimema we need to edit it a little still.. but it's there
15:36 ashimema just need to cut off the first 5 minutes of us getting ourselves set up
15:36 Joubu #info QA team - The project is having a long standing issue about the QA queue. We should have more people involved in the process. It will especially help if you are kind of expert in a given area, let us know!
15:36 Joubu something like that..?
15:36 tcohen +1
15:37 tuxayo ashimema++ will watch, might learn a few things :D
15:37 ashimema all very informal.. but hopefully that also means it's a bit less scary for people.. shows we're all human
15:38 ashimema brill Joubu
15:38 Joubu so basically, I have nothing to suggest, cait, sorry. But hopefully amoyano and dcook will bring some fresh air :)
15:38 henryb ashimema: I liked all the deliberate mistakes :)
15:38 Joubu # #action amoyano QA all the things!
15:38 cait thx
15:38 ashimema haha.. only one was actually deliberate ;)
15:38 Joubu # #action dcook QA all the things!
15:38 amoyano he, I'll try
15:39 ashimema the others were me being human
15:39 cait ashimema: it looked planned to me .)
15:39 Joubu moving on?
15:39 cait ok
15:39 ashimema :)
15:39 Joubu #topic Actions from last meeting
15:39 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:39 Joubu #topic amoyano Will try to provide a Vue alternative to bug 15522
15:39 Topic for #koha is now amoyano Will try to provide a Vue alternative to bug 15522 (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:39 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=15522 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Patch doesn't apply , New interface for revamped circulation rules
15:39 Joubu you did it!
15:40 tuxayo amoyano++
15:40 amoyano yep!
15:40 cait amoyano++
15:40 ashimema amoyano++
15:40 tcohen amoyano++
15:40 Joubu amoyano: can you tell us something about it?
15:40 Joubu What's the next step? Should we ask the list for feedback?
15:40 amoyano If you checked it out, it's not exactly a copy of the proposal made with react
15:41 * ashimema is testing it.. but it's slightly behind keeping on top of the bugs bug queue at the moment.. and rebasing code for Joubu... I hope to do allot more testing and review first thing next cycle
15:41 tcohen there's a UX change
15:41 ashimema so.. thanks for submitting amoyano.. apologies I've not fed back yet
15:41 amoyano sorry if that mess things up, but I though it was a good time to introduce that change
15:42 tuxayo amoyano: that's relevant no worries
15:42 amoyano I believe it's simple to read..
15:42 Joubu #info amoyano wrote an alternative for the new circulation rules interface - code is available on bug 15522
15:42 ashimema so.. next step I think is to probably wait a couple of weeks (whilst we're all super busy with release), then go on a drive to find testers.. thinking mailing list, pre-setup sandboxes etc
15:42 amoyano vue packages modules in a single file, (.vue files)
15:42 tuxayo #info feedback is needed on the code and UX changes
15:43 ashimema code does look clean to me.. in what I have managed to read so far
15:44 Joubu #action amoyano advertise 15522 and ask the list for feedback [after 20.11 is released], setup a sandbox, etc.
15:44 alex_a joined #koha
15:44 amoyano I'll have to watch achimema's video to setup a sandbox, he!
15:45 Joubu amoyano: nope, you will need to catch him to set it up for you and have it "eternal"
15:45 Joubu or it will be erase after X days
15:45 ashimema haha.. I can help with that.. it may be one of those bugs that needs a little more behind the scenes to get it working on a sandbox
15:45 Joubu d
15:45 ashimema indeed
15:45 Joubu next topic was about the same things
15:45 Joubu #topic ashimema Setup a sandbox with lot of circ rules (ideally from production data) to test 15522. Then ask the list for feedback.
15:45 Topic for #koha is now ashimema Setup a sandbox with lot of circ rules (ideally from production data) to test 15522. Then ask the list for feedback. (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:46 Joubu so skipping this one
15:46 ashimema I did.. then I broke the sandboxes :(
15:46 ashimema so I'm back to square one and need to do it again
15:46 tuxayo :o
15:46 ashimema but yes.. wait for next cycle now
15:46 Joubu I am postponing the 2 next ones, David is working on them
15:46 Joubu #action davidnind Find and update relevant places to record Perl version required, including release notes, manual and wiki (one source of the truth) (still working on this)
15:46 cait i thin having both versions testable (GUI wise) woudl be great
15:46 Joubu hum, only one actually
15:46 cait and advertise that
15:47 Joubu yes, definitelly, we may need to pick a bit of both
15:47 Joubu #topic davidnind to add information about what to backport to the release maintainers role page (as a starting point for further notes and guidance) (initial information added - see Release maintenance page)
15:47 Topic for #koha is now davidnind to add information about what to backport to the release maintainers role page (as a starting point for further notes and guidance) (initial information added - see Release maintenance page) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:47 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]what_to_back_port
15:47 fridolin joined #koha
15:48 tuxayo davidnind++ this is great!
15:48 tcohen davidnind++
15:48 ashimema good call
15:49 ashimema davidnind++
15:49 Joubu #info davidnind wrote a wiki page to list the general principle for backporting - https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]what_to_back_port
15:49 Joubu @later tell davidnind thanks David!
15:49 huginn Joubu: The operation succeeded.
15:49 Joubu #topic ashimema to write a guideline to forbidding the use of type "number"
15:49 Topic for #koha is now ashimema to write a guideline to forbidding the use of type "number" (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:49 lukeG davidnind++
15:49 Joubu #link     https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ACC2:_Input_type_.22number.22_should_be_avoided
15:49 ashimema done :)
15:50 Joubu yup
15:50 ashimema feel free to point out amendments if anyone wants to :)
15:50 ashimema but hopefully it's fairly clear and concise
15:50 amoyano ashimema++
15:50 cait hm should we create an omnibus bug to check/fix codebase?
15:51 Joubu and we have the QA test:[…]merge_requests/28
15:51 ashimema not a bad idea cait
15:51 Joubu so we can consider this done
15:51 Joubu thanks ashimema
15:51 tuxayo ashimema++
15:51 tuxayo didn't knew about inputmode
15:51 ashimema lots of academy bug potential there
15:51 cait and lots of things i no longer will have to change locally :)
15:52 Joubu #info New coding guideline -  Input type "number" is now forbidden, use inputmode=numeric instead. See https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ACC2:_Input_type_.22number.22_should_be_avoided
15:52 ashimema I can take that action.. to create the omnibus bug
15:53 Joubu #action ashimema Open an omnibus bug to fix the existing occurrences of input type "number"
15:53 ashimema #action ashimema to add an omnibus bug to retroactively fix inputs for ACC2 coding guideline
15:53 ashimema :)
15:53 Joubu #topic General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...)
15:53 Topic for #koha is now General development discussion (trends, ideas, ...) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:53 Joubu #topic  Discuss Bug 20410, Remove OpacGroupResults system preference and feature -- oleonard
15:53 Topic for #koha is now Discuss Bug 20410, Remove OpacGroupResults system preference and feature -- oleonard (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
15:53 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20410 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Remove OpacGroupResults system preference and feature
15:53 oleonard So... Does anyone know if this feature is still used?
15:54 cait I haven't heard of a working implementation in quite a long while
15:54 cait and never seen a production one
15:54 cait do we have it on hea?
15:54 oleonard Every time the OPAC gets a big update I dutifully make a best effort to update but I'd like to not do that anymore :)
15:54 Joubu yes, 9 occurrences for 1/yes
15:55 cait i thin we should announce deprecation
15:55 tuxayo The 0 value means yes? :o
15:55 cait and remove in 21.05
15:55 cait there are 9 with 1 :)
15:55 Joubu oleonard: go for it!
15:56 Joubu #action oleonard ask the list if someone use OpacGroupResults somewhere...
15:56 oleonard I don't remember the last time we announced the deprecation of a feature. Does anyone?
15:56 Joubu zebra?
15:56 wahanui hmmm... zebra is running?
15:56 ashimema I did it once
15:56 Joubu (lol)
15:57 ashimema can't remember what
15:57 tuxayo lol
15:57 Joubu we did it few time
15:57 Joubu non xslt view
15:57 kohaputti ashimema, you deprecated some C4 function
15:57 kohaputti maybe couple years ago
15:57 ashimema I wouldn't "ask if anyone is using it".. I would "Announce wwe intend to remove it" and then see if anyone complains ;)
15:57 cait yep
15:57 tuxayo I suppose dead external services don't count?
15:58 Joubu we are reaching 1h, moving on
15:58 Joubu #topic  Sign off and tests failing - question: Recently I've had several cases where the tests pass before and after the patches are applied. However, if system preferences are changed as part of the test plan and tests are run at the end then they fail. If the developer says this is fine (for whatever reason), should we accept that when signing off and then leave to QA to critique their work? Example (not
15:58 Topic for #koha is now Sign off and tests failing - question: Recently I've had several cases where the tests pass before and after the patches are applied. However, if system preferences are changed as part of the test plan and tests are run at the end then they fail. If the developer says this is fine (for whatever reason), should we accept that when signing off and then leave to QA to critique their work? Ex
15:58 Joubu picking on this one in particular, it's the only one I can remember): Bug 22690. --davidnind
15:58 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=22690 normal, P5 - low, ---, ere.maijala, Failed QA , Merging records with many items too slow (Elasticsearch)
15:58 ashimema I've used in a few places to deprecate routines
15:58 ashimema manualcredit was one I think
15:59 Joubu The short answer is "it depends"
15:59 Joubu ideally tests should pass in whichever situation
15:59 ashimema it's a hard call.. in the best case all unit tests should be idempotent and do all their own setup
16:00 Joubu and mock "everything". Like: if you need this specific pref to be set to have the test pass, then mock the pref's value
16:00 ashimema if I hit such a situation during QA I tend to have a go at fixing it
16:00 kohaputti I'm under the impression if you remove like some default branches, etc. then maany tests will fail
16:00 ashimema exactly
16:00 ashimema correct kohaputti
16:00 Joubu but we use to accept tests if they pass on top of the sample data / default value
16:00 ashimema but for new tests it's important we try to be better ;)
16:00 tuxayo > do all their own setup
16:00 tuxayo Here, does is "just" mean that the test lacks setting the syspref in it's setup?
16:00 Joubu kohaputti: I don't think so, we took care of that
16:01 Joubu we do not longer use hardcoded data
16:01 Joubu like "branchcode=CPL"
16:01 kohaputti ok
16:01 Joubu the problem is more about the default values IMO, and so the syspref
16:01 Joubu s
16:01 ashimema also things like counting rows before and after the test.. rather than hard coding a number of rows we expect from the test data
16:01 ashimema that's a pattern now
16:01 kohaputti at least for new tests this might be a good idea
16:02 Joubu also: don't delete the data before the tests!
16:02 ashimema indeed... hense it being a judement call :)
16:02 kohaputti but existing tests, I don't know, could be potentially many many hours of work to get some bug fix, etc. in
16:02 Joubu most of the time it's the wrong way :)
16:02 ashimema yup.. QA team use your judement a bit basically ;)
16:02 cait should we have some notes about good pattersn in unit testing writing somewhere?
16:02 ashimema it comes with practice
16:02 kohaputti The current koha unit tests sound more like integration tests to me :D
16:03 cait if we intend to improve them, better make sure new people have some guidance
16:03 ashimema agree :(
16:03 Joubu kohaputti: yes, they are a bit of everything
16:03 ashimema well.. they're a real jumbled mix really
16:03 ashimema haha.. snap
16:03 blackbird joined #koha
16:04 Joubu ha but wait
16:04 Joubu Is David's question about searchengine?
16:04 kohaputti yes it is
16:04 Joubu so
16:04 Joubu bug 26250
16:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26250 major, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Test suite does not pass if Elastic is used as search engine
16:04 Joubu the test suite must pass with searchengine set to ES
16:05 Joubu We did not setup the new job on Jenkins already
16:05 Joubu (or make it the default)
16:05 kohaputti ok but it doesn't, is it the job of the patch writer to fix it that touches some unrelated test in the same file that has the bug currently?
16:06 Joubu after 26250 the whole test suite must pass with ES set
16:06 Joubu if it's not, it's a bug
16:06 Joubu open a separate bug report and link it with 26250
16:06 Joubu talk about it later if needed, moving on
16:07 Joubu #topic Review of coding guidelines
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Review of coding guidelines (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
16:07 Joubu #topic Proposal for uniform response code for duplicate errors on the API (vote)
16:07 Topic for #koha is now Proposal for uniform response code for duplicate errors on the API (vote) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
16:07 Joubu tcohen: ? Is that you?
16:07 khall joined #koha
16:09 Joubu we cannot vote on that without someone explaining it
16:09 inlibro joined #koha
16:09 amoyano pity.. seemed interesting
16:09 Joubu "When a create operation fails due to duplicate object, it must return 409."
16:10 Joubu[…]b/HTTP/Status/409
16:10 ashimema hmm
16:10 Joubu The HTTP 409 Conflict response status code indicates a request conflict with current state of the target resource.
16:10 Joubu Conflicts are most likely to occur in response to a PUT request. For example, you may get a 409 response when uploading a file which is older than the one already on the server resulting in a version control conflict.
16:10 Joubu not exactly the same
16:11 Joubu well, if it's the code to return, let's return it
16:11 Joubu not sure we should vote for that
16:11 ashimema indeed
16:12 ashimema so more of a mention to make sure QA catch it
16:12 Joubu #topic  Proposal for related object ids on the API (vote)
16:12 Topic for #koha is now Proposal for related object ids on the API (vote) (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
16:12 Joubu "Fields containing a key for a related object should be named related_id where related is the related object name and if called via embed should be replaced by just the related object name. "
16:13 Joubu and this one makes sense, go for it tcohen!
16:13 amoyano not sure that applies in every case
16:13 Joubu example?
16:13 amoyano if you've got more than one FK to another table you couldn't do it
16:14 Joubu yes
16:14 Joubu for instance suggestion, manager, suggester, etc.
16:14 Joubu but then it's manager_id, suggester_id
16:15 Joubu is then the rule wrong?
16:15 amoyano ok, then that's ok.. I thought it ment to place the <table name>_id
16:15 Joubu "related object name" is "patron"
16:15 ashimema I think it reads good
16:15 ashimema although it not always 'Object' name either
16:15 ashimema it's more the 'relation' name
16:15 Joubu In my understanding the suggestion.managed_by will become manager_id, not patron_id
16:16 ashimema so 'manager_id' and 'manager' is the relation name.. the final object is a Koha::Patron
16:16 Joubu yes, that's it
16:16 ashimema correct
16:16 Joubu can you update the guideline please?
16:16 ashimema that's my understanding too
16:16 ashimema yup
16:16 Joubu maybe with the example
16:16 amoyano great.. scratch from records everything I said, please :)
16:17 Joubu good catch amoyano
16:17 ashimema very good catch amoyano
16:17 amoyano hehe
16:17 amoyano thanks
16:17 ashimema it brings the guidline directly above into the mix to make sure they agree with each other
16:17 Joubu #topic Set time of next meeting
16:17 Topic for #koha is now Set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: Development IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
16:17 ashimema I think we agree on the approach so I'll update it to be clear
16:18 khall_ joined #koha
16:18 Joubu #info Next meeting: 18 November 2020, 15 UTC
16:19 Joubu don't forget a carrot cake for oleonard
16:19 Joubu and, peel the carrot, peel it hard
16:19 Joubu #endmeeting
16:19 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
16:19 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov  4 16:19:25 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
16:19 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-11-04-15.01.html
16:19 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-11-04-15.01.txt
16:19 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]04-15.01.log.html
16:19 oleonard Wha?
16:20 tuxayo IIUC an orange cake who also do right?
16:21 tuxayo Joubu++ thanks for chairing
16:21 cait Joubu++
16:21 ashimema Joubu++
16:21 ashimema well done everyone
16:21 Joubu weird how we either postpone a meeting or be productive
16:22 Joubu tuxayo: it can indeed work with oranges, but carrot cakes are better imo
16:22 cait left #koha
16:24 kohaputti Joubu, the fix for bug 26132 is there now
16:24 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26132 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, jonathan.druart, Pushed to master , Improve readability of TooMany
16:24 kohaputti included also test :)
16:25 Joubu thanks kohaputti!
16:25 cait joined #koha
16:28 Joubu kohaputti: why do you need the prefetch?
16:28 kohaputti for JOIN
16:28 kohaputti otherwise there is no items table
16:29 Joubu and?
16:29 wahanui and is there a specific folder where I can get the back up?
16:29 kohaputti Joubu, it compares item.homebranch = $branch
16:29 oleonard wahanui: Forget and
16:29 wahanui oleonard: I forgot and
16:29 Joubu ha yes, got it
16:29 kohaputti so if we don't have item there the comparison doesn't wrok
16:31 kohaputti the prefetch thing was new for me also so had to look it up from[…]esultSet#prefetch
16:34 ashimema could you not use 'join' kohaputti?
16:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26886: Compiled CSS <[…]94ff405e306aedef1>
16:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26132: (follow-up) Fix broken code in TooMany function <[…]c49b83a2d05a83d2c>
16:34 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26132: (follow-up) Add test to show errors in max issues amount calculation <[…]3b4877688b6f3ebce>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26745: (QA follow-up) Add Unit Tests <[…]16ee762a13bcc1629>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24567: (QA follow-up) Remove warning in regex <[…]2fb36eb782b26f34b>
16:35 * ashimema hasn't read the patch
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26804: (QA follow-up) add modal-lg class and intent markup correctly <[…]624ec77d49e5000a2>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26886: Correct style of alert-error class in the OPAC <[…]5f6bfe1a035b2ee6e>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26804: Add modal content preview <[…]7f553e1bbf54d4bed>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24567: Don't strip spaces along with dangling colons <[…]8f57189b285966180>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26745: Add TT support to 'title' in notices <[…]832924316a7601193>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26729: Add focus class to vendor name field in vendor add form <[…]829546642206b9987>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26736: Compare values of reports log entries <[…]c33fca246202c6988>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23823: (QA follow-up) Fix filter in link <[…]67bc4fb589ddc4032>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23823: (follow-up) minor visual fix <[…]02e72494decc0e1a0>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23823: Allow system preferences to be bookmarked <[…]3b476511730d05f66>
16:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23823: (follow-up) Get rid of some tabs in favor of spaces <[…]5a22e4a2868a66486>
16:35 ashimema prefetch tends to be if you know you need to use the fields in the related table.. if you just need them in the WHERE then join is enough
16:36 kohaputti ashimema, I basically went with how it written above, see https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]08150&action=diff
16:36 kohaputti ashimema, so I didn't want to deviate xD
16:37 kohaputti that double call should be refactored out at some point but since this bug was already about refactoring maybe another bug for refactoring even moe
16:38 kohaputti I got some stats out of git and I noticed the most edited files we have are C4/ and C4/, I'm planning to focus on refactoring those in the future to hopefully make the biggest impact on our development speed
16:38 ashimema yeah.. those are really big, really scary legacy modules
16:38 ashimema it would be awesome to work through refactoring them into Koha::
16:38 ashimema I'm onboard there.
16:39 fridolin left #koha
16:40 kohaputti ashimema, with double call I meant "duplicate code" sorry for being unclear, but maybe you deciphered my message anyways :)
16:41 ashimema dang.. sha1 errors on trying to apply that patchset
16:41 kohaputti ashimema, just get the last two patches
16:41 kohaputti the others are pushed already
16:42 ashimema ah, cool
16:42 kohaputti ashimema, ah it seems joubu pushed this already
16:42 kohaputti sorry, so just git pull :D
16:42 ashimema oh, cool
16:42 ashimema I shall keep schtum then :)
16:43 ashimema ok, prefetch is right anyway
16:43 ashimema but.. should probably be applied to all of them ;)
16:44 ashimema line 470 is the key piece
16:44 ashimema with prefetch that line will not hit the DB for each iteration of the while loop.. without prefetch it'll hit the db to grab the item for each iteration of the while loop
16:45 ashimema that's what prefect does.. prefetches the related info in one hit vs 'join' which will just add the join in for the where clause but not grab all the data
16:45 ashimema hope that helps to clarify when 'join' vs 'prefech' should be used
16:47 ashimema also.. as a personal preference I find it clearer to build the query up as params and then plug them into ->search.. rather than have lots of ->search calls inside if blocks
16:47 kohaputti thanks for the info! :)
16:53 lukeG1 joined #koha
16:53 ashimema it's the end of my day.. but I golfed it a bit to clarify me final comment there: https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]attachment=113014
16:54 ashimema just to give an example of a different way.. not necessarily better.. and the if blocks could certainly be nicer with my version by removing certain parts entirely that are now just empty comments
16:54 ashimema but it shows the jist of it.
16:55 * ashimema should do 5 minutes more real work today before clocking off
16:57 kohaputti ashimema, hmm I think the code was like that as it is now in your golf example but there was a patch to remove the prefetch for perfomance reason I think
16:57 kohaputti that might have been the patch that introduced the bug, not sure
16:57 * kohaputti has short memory
16:57 ashimema that's very interesting
16:58 kohaputti ashimema, you don't need to have the items prefetched if you just get all the checkouts for the patron
16:58 kohaputti you only need it if you need to filter based on the item branch information
16:58 ashimema we always iterate the checkouts and the first thing in that iteration will always be to grab the item
16:59 ashimema so I'm surprised.. maybe it was a deliberate thing to do multiple db calls in a certain case rather than grab tham all at once.. it can make sense if the performance issue is memory related
16:59 kohaputti well, I will find the patch, just a moment
16:59 kohaputti https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=108150
17:01 ashimema haha..
17:02 ashimema pretty sure this statement is wrong 'We only need to prefetch items if CircControl is set to ItemHomeLibrary'
17:02 ashimema either that.. or we have more cleanup to do in the routines directly below
17:02 ashimema all food for thought
17:03 * ashimema is looking at lines 470 (the one that always fetches the related item to get effective_itemtype), then the use of $itemtype in lines 485 and 500..
17:03 kohaputti are the items really fetched here, like if we just use the checkouts object to count them: my $checkout_count = $checkouts->count;
17:04 kohaputti it would make sense there is some logic not to fetch items if they are not used in the code
17:04 ashimema so.. in short.. no matter what we do, we still grab the related item to compare to itemtype
17:04 kohaputti and by calling prefetch explicitly it will fetch them even if they are not needed
17:05 ashimema count will do it's own DB hit
17:05 ashimema so prefetch makes no difference there
17:05 kohaputti ashimema, ah you were looking the case that is above
17:05 kohaputti I was looking the case below
17:05 kohaputti in the case above it needs the items
17:05 kohaputti and case below it doesn't
17:05 kohaputti so in the above case prefetch is good
17:05 kohaputti but below case it is bad
17:06 kohaputti wait..
17:06 ashimema hehe
17:06 kohaputti no actually, in the below case it was needed because of the WHERE condition
17:06 kohaputti okay, maybe time to end koha stuff for today :)
17:06 ashimema if its ONLY the where condition you need 'join' instead of 'preferch'
17:06 ashimema haha.. yeah
17:06 ashimema lets call it a night ;)
17:07 ashimema lovely to talk over this stuff with you though.. I find mulling over code with people really helps in my own understanding too.
17:07 ashimema hope you didn't find me too tedious ;)
17:07 kohaputti it was nice to talk too, see ya!
17:09 inlibro joined #koha
17:13 cait kohaputti++ # making sure things got done right :)
17:16 khall joined #koha
17:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #395: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/395/
17:21 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #126: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_Deps/126/
17:24 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #936: STILL UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/936/
17:32 tcohen back
17:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #118: STILL UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U16/118/
17:44 khall_ joined #koha
17:49 khall joined #koha
18:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #132: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/132/
18:09 inlibro joined #koha
18:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #431: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/431/
18:19 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #452: STILL UNSTABLE in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/452/
18:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #133: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/133/
18:32 lukeG1 ashimema still around?
18:52 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #40: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/40/
18:59 josef_moravec joined #koha
19:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1486: STILL UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1486/
19:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #133: STILL UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/133/
19:07 oleonard Oh no, the problem I was working on before lunch hasn't fixed itself.
19:09 inlibro joined #koha
19:10 davidnind joined #koha
19:15 cait 45 to meeting?
19:18 caroline that's what I have too
19:18 cait ok :)
19:18 cait my experimental pumpkin bread should be ready in time hten
19:18 henryb joined #koha
19:18 caroline lol!
19:19 tuxayo Is that for oleonard ? XD
19:33 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #453: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 3 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/453/
19:40 cait i think i missed why we are baking for oleonard, but wouldn't mind sharing
19:41 aleisha joined #koha
19:41 aleisha hi all
19:42 cait hi aleisha
19:43 ashimema Lol
19:43 ashimema How come we're trying to fasten oleonard up..
19:43 ashimema Fatten... Even
19:43 ashimema LukeG around again shortly
19:43 caroline I though you wanted to fasten him to volunteer him for some obscure role
19:44 ashimema Lol
19:45 tuxayo Meeting in 15!
19:46 lukeG1 ashimema, i think bug 26847 helps me a lot so thanks! Im curious if we could add something similar with a patron cardnumber or would that create secuirty issues? exposing the cardnumber
19:46 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26847 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Make borrower category code accessible in all pages of the OPAC
19:46 oleonard What's going on? I'm buckling in for some cake?
19:48 tuxayo cait: oleonard is having a difficult day due to the elections in their country and idea came up of offering oleonard orange colored cakes as moral support :P
19:49 cait oh
19:49 oleonard Make it orange-colored alcoholic beverages and I'm in.
19:49 cait I cooked that pumkin and then pureed it.
19:49 cait does that count?
19:51 caroline why orange?
19:52 oleonard I'm assuming because it represents the orange thing I'd like to see crushed into bits and dissolved in acid.
19:53 caroline ah ok! In my family that particular thing is a dorito
19:53 caroline that's waht we call him
19:55 tuxayo lol
19:55 lukeG1 :)
19:55 tuxayo Meeting in 5!
19:56 alexbuckley joined #koha
19:56 mkuhn joined #koha
19:58 ashimema Merging in 3 :)
19:59 hayley joined #koha
19:59 henryb joined #koha
20:00 cait #startmeeting General IRC meeting 4 November 2020
20:00 huginn Meeting started Wed Nov  4 20:00:10 2020 UTC.  The chair is cait. Information about MeetBot at
20:00 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:00 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:00 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_4_november_2020'
20:00 cait #chair Joubu ashimema
20:00 huginn Current chairs: Joubu ashimema cait
20:00 cait been a while, hope I still know how to do this :)
20:00 cait #topic Introductions
20:00 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:00 * ashimema is juggling two meeings
20:00 aleisha #info Aleisha Amohia, Catalyst IT, Wellington NZ
20:00 cait Please introduce yourself using #info!
20:00 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inlibro, Montreal
20:00 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:00 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:01 tuxayo #info tuxayo/Victor Grousset, France
20:01 ashimema #info Martin Renvoize, PTFS Europe
20:01 josef_moravec #info, Josef Moravec, Czech Republic
20:01 Joubu #info Jonathan Druart
20:01 mkuhn #info Michael Kuhn, Switzerland
20:01 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:02 Joubu #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]g_4_November_2020
20:02 henryb #info Henry Bolshaw, House of Lords Library, UK
20:02 cait will give it a a little more time
20:02 marie-luce #info Marie-Luce Laflamme, inLibro, Montreal
20:02 cait feel free to ping your friends - tonight is election meeting!
20:03 cait moving on!
20:03 cait #topic Update on releases
20:03 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:03 cait rmaints?
20:03 wahanui rmaints is lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!âš¡âš¡
20:03 cait RM?
20:04 Joubu yup, will copy what I said during the dev meeting earlier today
20:04 Joubu lot of things have been PQA, I am processing them all and hopefully will be "done" (pushed or not) before end of the week
20:04 tuxayo #info 19:05 latest security release was without issue :)
20:04 Joubu no new enhancement will be pushed after this week
20:04 Joubu unless they have been PQA already
20:04 cait lukeG++ aleisha++ tuxayo++
20:04 Joubu Please add the release notes to your bugs. I will add the bz tags next week
20:05 aleisha #info 19.11 latest security release also smooth
20:05 aleisha #info thanks to Hayley Mapley for her support with that release given we were also organising Kohacon at the same time
20:05 * oleonard would like to see bugs which won't be backported marked as "resolved fixed," meant to mention it during the dev meeting
20:05 aleisha don't forget to #info things you want recorded in the minutes
20:06 Joubu yes oleonard, you are right. We should try and add this to our workflow next cycle
20:06 tuxayo +1
20:06 cait +1
20:07 cait ok, anything more?
20:07 aleisha so that's for rmaints that won't be backporting a bug to their maintenance branch?
20:07 cait that's how I understand it - the first one to decide not to backport closes the bug
20:07 Joubu yes, when something is been being backported the status should be switched to "closed" instead of "pushed to master"
20:07 Joubu or "pushed to *stable"
20:08 cait i think resolved fixed would be good - still shows up in search and then we close it later with the normal process
20:08 aleisha #info rmaints to mark a bug as 'resolved fixed' if it is not to be backported to their maintenance branch
20:09 cait ok, anything else?
20:09 wahanui somebody said anything else was necessarily going to be incremental.
20:09 cait i know there is no kohacon topic now
20:09 tuxayo ok
20:09 tuxayo #action tuxayo: update release maintenance wiki page: when something is not been being backported the status should be switched to "closed" instead of "pushed to $RELASE"
20:09 Joubu #info D11 is completely broken, see bug 26893, must not be used!
20:09 cait thx tuxayo
20:09 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26893 blocker, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , New version of JSON::Validator (D11) break our REST API routes
20:09 inlibro joined #koha
20:10 cait I notice I skipped the announcements
20:10 cait #topic Announcements
20:10 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:10 Joubu D11 is Debian 11 (bullseye)
20:11 cait #info A big thank you to Catalyst IT and everyone involved in KohaCon20! It was awesome :)
20:11 caroline catalyst++
20:11 davidnind +100
20:11 oleonard seconded!
20:11 tuxayo catalyst++
20:11 ashimema +1
20:11 marie-luce catalyst++
20:11 ashimema catalyst++
20:11 aleisha #info all the links for kohacon20 content are available on the kohacon website
20:11 aleisha #link
20:11 tuxayo :D
20:11 Joubu catalyst++ and the whole kohacon20 team!
20:11 ashimema will the site be around for a while..
20:12 cait it's a good question
20:12 aleisha i'm sure it will be till at least the end of the year! but will need Chris to confirm
20:12 ashimema is there a way to submit it to the waybackmacine archive
20:12 cait i noticed some of the old kohacon page are gone and programs and the like lost
20:12 cait maybe we hsoudl move the most important links to the website as well
20:12 * ashimema has never tried.. but I like the idea for the link in the history
20:12 Joubu we should keep!
20:12 Joubu I mean
20:12 cait yep that too :)
20:12 cait is it possible?
20:12 aleisha #info the kohacon20 website will remain up forever says Chris Cormack
20:13 tuxayo > is there a way to submit it to the waybackmacine archive
20:13 tuxayo Yes, I do that a lot with various sites ^^"
20:13 mkuhn There's always the Internet Archive for lost sites...
20:13 ashimema is a great domain.. I had totally overlooked that
20:13 aleisha Chris owns
20:13 cait me too, but it is great indeed
20:13 cait rangi++
20:13 aleisha so he can point to wherever
20:13 tuxayo > There's always the Internet Archive for lost sites...
20:13 tuxayo it's important to check manually that all pages are archived.
20:13 aleisha or 2019 to last year etc
20:13 aleisha just needs to let him know :)
20:14 cait could you add that info to the kohacon organisation wiki page maybe?
20:14 caroline good to know!
20:14 davidnind or use a sub domain off and keep static copies of all sites
20:14 aleisha sure thing cait
20:14 cait so we don't forget... knowing us and all
20:14 cait ok
20:14 cait if there are no further announcments I will be moving on to the main event tonight
20:15 cait #topic Election of the 21.05 Release Team
20:15 Topic for #koha is now Election of the 21.05 Release Team (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:15 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.05 candidates
20:15 josef_moravec #info is now on wayback machine:[…]
20:15 ashimema nice one
20:15 cait before we turn to voting I'd like to give some room for questions and last minute additions
20:15 cait some things to point out:
20:15 tuxayo josef_moravec++
20:16 cait 1)  Rmaints - we discussed earlier to check if current rmaints want to continue and are also encouraging new people :)
20:16 cait 2) There is a completely new and great role - Accessibility Advocate
20:16 ashimema henryb++
20:17 ashimema great proposal there :)
20:17 caroline henryb++
20:17 cait 3) Topic experts are also great starter roles if you feel comfortable in a certain area of Koha
20:17 aleisha i would be happy to a recalls topic expert if it could ever get through :( lol
20:18 cait 4) Chad, our newsletter editor, is stepping down, but we are lucky to have a new volunteer!
20:18 mkuhn Hi there
20:18 wahanui bonjour, mkuhn
20:18 caroline mkuhn++
20:18 cait mkuhn++
20:18 cait i will give you a moment to check
20:18 cait please let us know here if you decide on a last minute thing :)
20:18 Joubu I have not written a proposal, like I am used to do. But basically I will stick to the same rules as the current release.
20:19 Joubu Which does not mean anything useful, but I guess you start to know who I am and how I am working now :D
20:19 * oleonard will continue to perform the same ritual sacrifices
20:19 ashimema excellent.. I hadn't spotted Newletter Editor :).. mkuhn++
20:20 cait oleonard: draft beer?
20:20 cait open to questions now too
20:20 marie-luce joined #koha
20:20 cait if there is no veto or wishes to do otherwise, we will vote on the full release team in one vote
20:20 tuxayo cait maybe another call for QA volunteers with emphasis about consistent time commitment? (even small)
20:21 cait tuxayo, couldn't have done it better :)
20:21 cait we need more shoulders to more evenly balance QA load - if you have a little time and can do QA somewhat regularly we'd be happy to have you
20:21 tcohen =9522,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,​,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,3
20:21 tcohen sorry
20:21 ashimema I think it's a little late for this coming team.. though I'm always open to extras.. but I do think during the next cycle we need to somehow really promote the roles and build more aspirations for a wider group of people to sign up
20:21 cait topic experts can also count towards qa with their sign-off, we established that a while ago :)
20:22 caroline tcohen you don't have cats per chance?
20:22 cait maybe a guinea pig?
20:22 tcohen mkuhn++
20:22 Joubu the QA group is quite big actually, we just need people to dedicate a bit more of their time ;)
20:23 cait going to read up on the voting command, brb with you all
20:23 tcohen caroline I have a demanding youngster
20:23 cait yes, i'd be super happy with 1-2 hours a week
20:23 ashimema The regulars on the team are all very friendly and supportive.. so don't be scared to put your names forward..
20:23 caroline hehe!
20:23 tcohen Joubu I think we need more team work
20:23 * cait thinks cait is scary
20:23 tcohen i.e.
20:23 ashimema I don't think any of us would mind new people having a go.. and they would be welcome to ask for support
20:23 ashimema or go their own way of course.
20:23 tuxayo Here are some citations from the previous meeting to encourage new QA
20:24 tuxayo > the QA queue is often full of easy starter bugs.. one's that don't take hours.. you can be on the QA team and be picky about what you choose to QA.. it's a good way to start
20:24 tuxayo > *cait recommends oleonard's for starters
20:24 cait I stand by that still :)
20:24 tcohen big devs need to incorporate other devs, probably QA team members into the discussion early. So there are no big-scary devs that no one can spend a week testing
20:24 tuxayo > ashimema if there's anyone out there at all interested in doing QA.. or anyone anyone here thinks might be good at QA then feel free to apply and I'd be happy to guide on the process/mentor people
20:25 ashimema tcohen++
20:25 cait tuxayo++ thank you
20:25 lavamind joined #koha
20:25 ashimema I do agree with that... getting QA onboard early really helps move the big stuff
20:25 domm quick question: Can I ran opac/intranet with just plack (eg starman), or does Koha need apache (or even mod_perl)?
20:25 domm s/ran/run/
20:25 cait domm: sorry, little bit of bad timing right now
20:25 cait we are holding elections
20:25 tcohen domm you can
20:25 domm oh, sorry
20:25 cait interested in becoming a bug wrangler? ;)
20:25 ashimema you can indeed domm
20:26 tcohen cait
20:26 tcohen cait++
20:26 domm thanks, and I'l shut up now
20:26 tcohen that's the spirit
20:26 cait #info We will vote on the whole release team in one go, results will be in tonight.
20:26 cait well.. my tonight.
20:26 tuxayo The world most important elections at the moment! :D
20:26 cait are there any more questions?
20:26 ashimema feel free to join in domm.. everyone is welcome at the meetings :)
20:26 tcohen I guess we can have the results before the US
20:26 tuxayo domm: no worries, just wait for the end of the meeting
20:26 ashimema and help cast the vote on the next team
20:27 cait yep, everyone can vote, join in! :)
20:27 cait ok, going to write up the voting command
20:27 cait can someone phrase me a question? i am so bad at it
20:27 tuxayo last moment to read the roles:
20:27 tuxayo https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]i/Roles_for_21.05
20:28 henryb joined #koha
20:28 cait #startvote Do you elect all the candidates for the roles they signed up for in the Koha 21.05 release team as noted on the wiki? (no, yes, abstain)
20:28 huginn Begin voting on: Do you elect all the candidates for the roles they signed up for in the Koha 21.05 release team as noted on the wiki? Valid vote options are , no, yes, abstain, .
20:28 huginn Vote using '#vote OPTION'. Only your last vote counts.
20:28 cait #vote yes
20:28 mkuhn #vote yes
20:28 ashimema #vote yes
20:28 caroline #vote yes
20:28 davidnind #vote yes
20:28 tcohen #vote yes
20:28 Joubu #vote yes
20:28 henryb #vote yes
20:28 oleonard #vote yes
20:28 ashimema that's looking to be a great team :)
20:28 marie-luce #vote yes
20:28 josef_moravec #vote yes
20:28 tuxayo #vote yes
20:29 aleisha #vote yes
20:30 cait again going to give tihs at least one more minute
20:30 mkuhn Hmm... what kind of election is this with 100% yes votes? What happens if someone votes no?
20:30 cait mkuhn: it will be counted
20:30 ashimema also.. final #vote counts if you vote twice..
20:31 ashimema so you can't cheat and vote twice ;)
20:31 mkuhn But I haven't registered
20:31 tcohen no need to
20:31 tuxayo no need
20:31 cait it goes by the nick
20:32 cait is it too early for election jokes?
20:32 A_brand_new_voter Am I too late to vote?
20:32 tuxayo-read-only #vote cheat
20:32 huginn tuxayo-read-only: cheat is not a valid option. Valid options are , no, yes, abstain, .
20:32 cait ok,ending vote!
20:32 tcohen hehe
20:32 Joubu I think there is a rule saying that you need at least 1 patch in the codebase to vote
20:32 cait i don't think there is
20:32 cait any rules
20:32 mkuhn I had a patch on my trousers, when I was a boy
20:32 tcohen gmcharlt would know
20:32 cait #endvote
20:32 huginn Voted on "Do you elect all the candidates for the roles they signed up for in the Koha 21.05 release team as noted on the wiki?" Results are
20:32 huginn yes (13): Joubu, davidnind, cait, josef_moravec, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, henryb, marie-luce, tcohen, mkuhn, caroline, aleisha
20:33 cait great, we got a release team!
20:33 cait confetti!
20:33 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
20:33 tcohen confetti!
20:33 wahanui o/`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`'`
20:33 ashimema I wasn't aware of that rule.. as it stands I don't feel 'vote rigging' is a problem here.. if it ever became one I'm sure we have tools should we need them.
20:33 cait good bot
20:33 gmcharlt tcohen: that there was such a rule?
20:33 tuxayo cait: you beat me to be it :P
20:33 gmcharlt not that I recall
20:33 tcohen better :-D
20:33 tcohen I know you know all the things
20:34 gmcharlt I know that I do not. :)
20:34 gmcharlt but thank you
20:34 cait release_team_21_05++
20:34 * Joubu wonders why he dreams such things...
20:34 cait gmcharlt++
20:34 ashimema :)
20:34 cait Joubu: you want a vote per one of your patches? :)
20:34 cait maybe we should draft a rule for repetitive Release Manager terms or so
20:35 Joubu 1 for all would be enough
20:35 cait no more than ... 3
20:35 mkuhn That would be the Koha form of a meritocracy
20:35 tcohen gmcharlt++ # socrates quote
20:35 cait in a row
20:35 Joubu I approve that rule
20:35 cait but just to keep people from going ... well...
20:35 mkuhn Sure you do :)
20:35 caroline it's hard enough to get rms and rmaints
20:35 cait ok, checking agenda
20:36 ashimema It comes to my attention we're not great at announcing the new team.. anyone object to me sending a mail to the lists with an announcement of the new team, when they take over and a little advertising to see if anyone might like to shadow a tam member this coming cycle with a mind to possibly signing up for 21.11?
20:36 mkuhn The team will be announced in the next newsletter :)
20:36 cait +1
20:36 davidnind ashimema++
20:36 henryb +1
20:36 tuxayo ashimema++
20:36 tcohen +1
20:36 aleisha +1
20:36 cait i think all advertising is good
20:36 tuxayo yep
20:36 cait would you all be ok with adding the countries too?
20:36 cait i think it's a great picture for our international community
20:36 aleisha i agree
20:36 Joubu (I don't know how someone could survive of being 3 times RM in a row)
20:37 tcohen I liked catalyst style / aesthetic for Kohacon
20:37 ashimema +1
20:37 tcohen (for branding the announcement)
20:37 mkuhn (that's why you can only get 3 votes, maximally)
20:37 tuxayo > survive of being 3 times RM in a row
20:37 tuxayo The rule of no more than 3 is already in the human body :P
20:37 cait before we end tonight... I suggest adding something about bidding for kohacon21 to the next meeting agenda
20:37 ashimema +1 cait
20:38 cait we are late because of COVID, but i think we should start thinking about something?
20:38 tuxayo +1
20:38 cait hybrid again like this time might be ideal
20:38 cait #action cait to add KohaCon21 as topic to next meeting's agenda
20:38 caroline depends... in some places you can't have large atherings
20:38 ashimema remind me.. what continents are in the running for 2021?
20:38 caroline so it would be virtual only
20:38 cait it's true, so maybe all virtual shoudl be allowed to as proposals this time
20:39 cait :)
20:39 tuxayo ashimema: All maybe? Because of the anniversary rule?
20:39 cait not oceania and not europe i thnk
20:39 tcohen Cordoba!
20:39 tcohen hehe
20:39 oleonard So it's decided. Everyone head to tcohen's house
20:39 tuxayo :D
20:39 cait heh
20:39 tcohen Exactly
20:39 ashimema yeay..
20:39 cait the food was great
20:40 ashimema tcohens house for kohacon21.. done
20:40 cait ok, so now you can think about it and we can make a plan next time
20:40 cait oh i think i need to #info
20:40 cait #agreed The 21.05 Release team was elected (yes (13): Joubu, davidnind, cait, josef_moravec, oleonard, ashimema, tuxayo, henryb, marie-luce, tcohen, mkuhn, caroline, aleisha)
20:41 cait #topic Actions from last meeting
20:41 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 4 November 2020)
20:41 cait #info there are no actions from last meeting
20:41 cait so... what's the time for next general?
20:41 cait December 2 ok?
20:41 ashimema sounds good to me
20:41 marie-luce +1
20:42 Joubu 15 UTC was good today
20:42 davidnind +1
20:42 Joubu #info Next meeting: 2 December 2020, 14 UTC
20:42 cait so stick with it?
20:42 tuxayo Risk of collision with dev meeting?
20:42 cait oh
20:42 cait i just typed it
20:42 cait #endmeeting
20:42 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:42 huginn Meeting ended Wed Nov  4 20:42:46 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:42 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-11-04-20.00.html
20:42 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-11-04-20.00.txt
20:42 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]04-20.00.log.html
20:42 Joubu I said 15 and wrote 14...
20:42 caroline cait++
20:43 davidnind cait++
20:43 cait well... #info Next meeting: 2 December 2020, 15 UTC was mine
20:43 caroline release_team++
20:43 ashimema cait++
20:43 cait :P
20:43 ashimema nice one
20:43 tuxayo cait++ thanks for chairing :)
20:43 marie-luce cait++
20:43 cait was fun - great to see things come togehter
20:43 josef_moravec cait++
20:43 ashimema thanks everyone
20:43 cait and even greater to see people come together
20:43 ashimema team++
20:43 cait made my day
20:43 ashimema domm still need some assistance?
20:43 davidnind Interesting Koha YouTube channel stats: most viewed video of all time is still "Koha, a community" from 2014 (45,000+ views)
20:44 cait it's the music
20:44 cait addictive
20:44 marie-luce :D
20:44 ashimema lol
20:44 tuxayo domm: for a dev env you can check out bug 20582
20:44 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20582 enhancement, P5 - low, Future, julian.maurice, Pushed to master , Turn Koha into a Mojolicious application
20:45 davidnind Thanks to the Kohacon20 team for using the YouTube channel - subscribers increased from around 250 to just over 350
20:45 cait awesome
20:45 cait maybe we shoud put that on the notes for kohacon organizing too?
20:45 oleonard There's also a bug to turn Koha into a more delicious application
20:45 davidnind That's a good idea
20:45 tuxayo he he
20:45 davidnind To both statements...
20:45 caroline oleonard lol!
20:46 caroline There is an ice cream bug I think
20:46 caroline And a cookie bug, I'm pretty sure I tested that one
20:46 ashimema there's a cookie and ice cream bug.. and a recipe book bug
20:46 ashimema the recipe book one is pretty new magnuse
20:46 tuxayo domm: I guess for a very small production instance using it bug20582 would be also ok. You can also have nginx but that more work.
20:47 caroline bug 5158
20:47 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=5158 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, camins, ASSIGNED , Koha needs its own cookie, ice cream, and fudge flavors
20:47 ashimema poor domm.. first we say we're all busy... then we all want to help :)
20:47 tuxayo lol
20:47 cait how often do i have to tell you not to scare the new people! :)
20:47 domm :-)
20:47 davidnind There is the suggestion from Kohacon20 to have a Koha recipe book, there is even and RFC https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Koha_cookbook_RFC
20:48 cait oooh
20:48 cait can someone run the meeting scrpit?
20:48 cait we should add that to agenda too
20:48 ashimema ah.. it was the RFC I was thinking about.. there is no bug attached
20:49 khall joined #koha
20:49 davidnind I think there were a couple of volunteers, including magnus
20:49 henryb ashimema: thinking back to earlier about making sandbox sign off easier, is there a way to run the tests via the sandbox?
20:50 ashimema that is a really good question.. and had also crossed my mind during the stream
20:50 henryb A lot of 'simple' test plans include a step to run tests
20:50 caroline I "attended" a knitting event that was supposed to be hel in Montreal, but ended up online and in the program, there were food and drinks recipes from Montreal... maybe do that for kohacon if it's going to be virtual?
20:50 ashimema Right now, I don't think there is.
20:50 aleisha bye all!
20:50 domm is this patch (bug 20582) available as a branch on github?
20:50 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20582 enhancement, P5 - low, Future, julian.maurice, Pushed to master , Turn Koha into a Mojolicious application
20:51 henryb bye aleisha!
20:51 henryb Right I'm off too - bye everyone!
20:51 tuxayo domm: it's in master
20:51 Joubu cait: I run the script and adjusted the time
20:51 tuxayo And will be released with 20.11 this month
20:52 ashimema I'll add a bug for that now henryb.. and have a think about how we might achieve it.
20:52 ashimema thanks :)
20:52 davidnind caroline: sounds like a great idea
20:53 mkuhn I will mention Koha 20.11 in the newsletter :)
20:53 cait https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]ember_2020#Agenda agenda updated
20:53 tcohen domm it is
20:53 tcohen and there's an issue on koha-testing-docker's gitlab proposing we add ways of running it easily
20:54 ashimema ooh.. koha-sandboxes-docker only exists in ptfs-europe and bywater githubs..
20:54 cait ashimema: tcohen had a command line thing in one of his patches that ran all the tests from the added/changed test files, maybe we could automate that
20:54 ashimema we should add it to gitlab
20:54 cait +1
20:54 cait and pleeease with docs
20:54 ashimema that would be fantastic cait
20:55 ashimema would love that
20:55 tcohen git diff origin/master --name-only | grep -e '\.t$' | xargs prove
20:56 cait yes that one
20:56 wahanui i heard that one was running fine for me
20:56 cait can we alias that in kohadevbox too? :)
20:57 mkuhn bye all, have a good night! (it's 10 pm here)
20:57 khall joined #koha
20:57 davidnind mkuhn++
20:57 oleonard wahanui forget that one
20:57 wahanui oleonard: I forgot that one
20:57 Joubu same, see you tomorrow #koha!
20:58 tcohen bye!
20:58 mkuhn (davidnind: what does it mean if a name has two plusses after it? is it some IRC rule?)
20:58 ashimema night mkuhn
20:58 caroline @karma mkuhn
20:58 huginn caroline: Karma for "mkuhn" has been increased 5 times and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 5.
20:58 ashimema karma mkuhn
20:58 wahanui mkuhn has karma of 5
20:58 ashimema @karma
20:58 huginn ashimema: Highest karma: "Joubu" (902), "cait" (832), and "ashimema" (579).  Lowest karma: "-" (-68), "failed" (-46), and "ie" (-40).  You (ashimema) are ranked 3 out of 1079.
20:59 ashimema @karma mkhun
20:59 huginn ashimema: mkhun has neutral karma.
20:59 ashimema karma
20:59 oleonard @karma cookies
20:59 huginn oleonard: Karma for "cookies" has been increased 1 time and decreased 0 times for a total karma of 1.
20:59 mkuhn Some karma is better than none, it seems
20:59 mkuhn I will dream of it
20:59 ashimema :)
20:59 ashimema time for me to clock out too.. have a great one #koha
21:00 khall joined #koha
21:03 khall joined #koha
21:04 chris_n joined #koha
21:06 thd Seems as if I was confused about the general meeting time.
21:10 tuxayo :(
21:10 inlibro joined #koha
21:11 thd However, if there is no meeting now then I can go to try to see a sometime employer in hospital.
21:19 marie-luce joined #koha
21:37 domm tuxayo: thanks!
21:55 tuxayo domm: you're welcome, when you have feedback, it will be valuable to send it in the ticket. Whether it's about issues to open new tickets or just know all stuff you are able to do.
21:55 tuxayo *just to know
21:56 tuxayo That will help be more confident and maybe expand the usage.
21:59 khall joined #koha
22:03 did joined #koha
22:10 inlibro joined #koha
22:30 tuxayo-read-only left #koha
22:37 marie-luce joined #koha
22:41 * dcook wonders if people are still around
22:42 dcook domm: There was a caveat I wanted to add to an answer to your earlier question
22:42 dcook Not all the code will work with Starman alone
22:42 dcook (Although I hope to fix that in the not too distant future...)
22:45 tuxayo o/ dcook
22:47 dcook salut tuxayo
22:47 khall_ joined #koha
22:48 tuxayo dcook: oh :o sorry I though there was no known issue with Starman alone
22:52 AndrewFH joined #koha
22:59 dcook Yeah, there are a few things that won't work / won't work very well
22:59 dcook Otherwise we probably would've ditched Apache by now heh
22:59 dcook That's why we have such a long list of scripts not to proxy in "apache-shared-intranet-plack.conf"
23:00 dcook I'm very slowly working on this though: bug 26791
23:00 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26791 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, dcook, NEW , Build Mojolicious controller replacement for
23:01 dcook It's in my own personal time though, so it's slow going (since I often don't feel like coding at home after working on computers all day at work)
23:01 dcook I'm planning on posting some patches soon to at least inspire other people though
23:04 * dcook wishes he was independently wealthy so that he could just work on Koha heh
23:10 inlibro joined #koha
23:16 khall joined #koha
23:40 oleonard dcook, big same
23:41 dcook oleonard: How good would that be, right?

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary