IRC log for #koha, 2020-10-22

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:05 cait joined #koha
00:12 inlibro joined #koha
00:12 dcook Ok to fix some Starman proxying issues...
00:53 davidnind joined #koha
01:12 inlibro joined #koha
01:30 alexbuckley joined #koha
01:36 dcook Man I'm good..
01:36 dcook Well maybe a bit premature but heh
01:37 * dcook hopes to fix bug 8437 today..
01:37 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8437 normal, P2, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Large database backups and large exports from fail under plack
02:12 inlibro joined #koha
02:28 cait1 joined #koha
02:41 dcook tfw something is working after not working and you have no idea why :|
02:42 kathryn joined #koha
03:12 inlibro joined #koha
03:23 aleisha_kohacon joined #koha
04:12 inlibro joined #koha
04:27 davidnind joined #koha
05:12 inlibro joined #koha
05:27 kathryn joined #koha
05:46 lds joined #koha
05:48 kathryn joined #koha
06:13 inlibro joined #koha
06:15 did joined #koha
06:24 kathryn joined #koha
06:24 alohalog` joined #koha
06:24 mtj joined #koha
06:24 dcook joined #koha
06:24 rangi joined #koha
06:24 aleisha joined #koha
06:24 ribasushi joined #koha
06:25 kohaputti joined #koha
06:29 aleisha_kohacon joined #koha
06:36 * magnuse waves
06:38 fridolin joined #koha
06:43 lmstrand joined #koha
06:51 enkidu joined #koha
07:10 alexbuckley joined #koha
07:13 inlibro joined #koha
07:18 severine_q joined #koha
07:19 severine_q bonjour #koha :)
07:24 magnuse hiya severine_q
07:28 severine_q morning @magnuse !!
07:31 ashimema mornin' #koha
07:32 magnuse kia ora ashimema
07:33 ashimema looking at your patch is top of my list this morning severine_q  :)
07:33 dcook joined #koha
07:34 severine_q hi ashimema !
07:35 severine_q thanks ! hope you will like it !!
07:36 magnuse ashimema++ severine_q++
07:36 ashimema looks good so far.. one tiny typo in the first line which I'll fix whilst doing SO ;)
07:36 ashimema well.. second changed line :P
07:40 severine_q oups... you mean the unexpected 'p' on line 298 ?
07:40 severine_q miss that one...
07:40 ashimema yup ;)
07:40 ashimema all good, it's very easily done.. that's what qa/so are here for :P
07:40 ashimema interesting.. I wasn't aware that kohacon11 was in Thane rather than Mumbai
07:41 severine_q well, that the information I found on wiki koha-community so I updated it
07:41 severine_q official website is now close :(
07:41 severine_q *closed
07:42 ashimema yeah, seems lots of kohacon websites are rather transient.. only around for the short term
07:42 ashimema oh cool.. so Thane is next to Mumbai
07:42 fridolin joined #koha
07:42 ashimema wow.. Thane means 'Police Check Post'
07:42 enkidu joined #koha
07:43 severine_q i've chosen to use koha-com or wiki links, they seemed to me the more reliable informations, and if there are several ressources, it's easy to find them all
07:43 severine_q i let you decide if it was a good choice !
07:43 ashimema great plan
07:49 severine_q thanks !
07:52 * fridolin waves
07:52 fridolin Bug 26687 is re patched
07:52 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26687 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, fridolin.somers, Needs Signoff , Add a Font Awesome icon for superlibrarian patrons
07:53 fridolin We agreed on bolt icon https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=112140
07:53 fridolin great brainstrom ;)
07:54 Ansar joined #koha
07:54 severine_q fridolin: yeah !! i love that one !! can't wait to see it next my name :D
07:59 fridolin severine_q: héhé :D
07:59 ashimema ooh, ooh..
07:59 ashimema fridolin
07:59 wahanui hmmm... fridolin is indeed, but maybe not on Rmain 18.11
08:00 ashimema 🦸
08:00 ashimema did you know there's a superhero unicode letter?
08:01 ashimema I discovered it last night
08:01 ashimema (but I also like the bolt icon 😉 )
08:01 ashimema 1F9B8 ;)
08:02 fridolin ineed
08:02 fridolin I use
08:02 ashimema haha, me too
08:03 ashimema I hadn't realised there was such a character though.
08:03 fridolin but its really to small for staff interface ;)
08:03 ashimema I like the look of the bolt though.. looks great
08:03 fridolin ref to The Flash ;)
08:03 ashimema yeah.. I noted that.. alot of the unicode chars are tiny unless you hugely increase the font size
08:04 ashimema I'd SO that one myself.. but instead I've chosen to mark it with the Academy keyword.. it'll be a nice one for the DIY days testers :)
08:08 ashimema wow.. the Jenkins chart is funky on the Dashboard this morning.. a wall of colours
08:10 severine_q thanks ashimema for testing, follow-up and feedback, i'll be more watchful next time :)
08:11 ashimema no worries at all
08:11 ashimema I've made that exact same mistake in the past when I was working with that file ;)
08:13 inlibro joined #koha
08:14 enkidu joined #koha
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26751: Fix fatal exception if only one repo defined <[…]858130f82a6b4fd65>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26735: Overdrive login modal broken in the OPAC <[…]807188394e29aea44>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26581: Only reindex records once per checkin <[…]a850946000066a281>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25549: Add error reporting to plugins-home <[…]4797fb21c3b2c22d9>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26581: Unit tests <[…]6d49485d44a5d63b5>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26496: Add op field to Budget Planning <[…]853ba2c8ef321cf66>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23828: Elasticsearch - Preserve record order when combining subfield in mappings <[…]ebc14be2cf479040b>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 23828: Unit tests <[…]7137daff2d6bdb4d9>
08:27 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25549: Remove plugin methods for broken plugins <[…]e2515691e092a701c>
08:48 khall joined #koha
08:49 khall joined #koha
08:59 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
08:59 wahanui Congratulations!
08:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #921: FIXED in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/921/
09:01 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #91: STILL FAILING in 2 min 22 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U16/91/
09:13 inlibro joined #koha
09:14 vfernandes joined #koha
09:14 khall_ joined #koha
09:15 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #115: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D11/115/
09:24 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
09:24 did joined #koha
09:38 enkidu joined #koha
09:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #440: FAILURE in 57 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/440/
10:00 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U2010 build #29: UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_Master_U2010/29/
10:11 dcook_ joined #koha
10:13 inlibro joined #koha
10:26 TimothyAlexis We can use $item->damaged(0)->store to change items.damaged. I suppose it does something like this: UPDATE items SET damaged = ? WHERE itemnumber = ?;
10:26 TimothyAlexis Where is this defined?
10:29 cait joined #koha
10:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #123: UNSTABLE in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U20/123/
10:49 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #415: UNSTABLE in 50 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/415/
10:55 davidnind left #koha
11:00 TimothyAlexis Found it in
11:00 TimothyAlexis Oh wow, I was working with such a simple thing for so long :D
11:01 TimothyAlexis $item in one function and $item_object in another.
11:13 inlibro joined #koha
11:19 fridolin joined #koha
11:24 tcohen hola ashimema severine_q
11:24 tcohen fridolin and Joubu ?
11:26 ashimema hi tcohen
11:26 severine_q hola tcohen !
11:27 ashimema severine_q has a bug in the QA queue tcohen ;)
11:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #101: UNSTABLE in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ter_D10_Deps/101/
11:40 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1459: UNSTABLE in 51 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1459/
11:49 cait tcohen: i will trade you bug 26745 for bug 25700
11:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26745 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Signed Off , Notice titles/subjects should support Template Toolkit
11:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25700 minor, P5 - low, ---, severine.queune, Passed QA , Recent Kohacons are missing from the timeline
11:49 cait oh no... too late
11:49 tcohen I can do 26745 as well
11:49 tcohen :-D
11:50 cait ok :)
11:50 ashimema hehe
11:50 cait severine_q++
11:50 ashimema :)
11:50 ashimema severine_q++
11:50 severine_q yeah !
11:52 * cait is slightly grumpy now because she didn't get to qa that one ;)
11:54 magnuse severine_q must do more patches, then ;-)
11:54 cait simple fix, i agree
11:55 severine_q cait : i'm @magnuse is right 😅
11:55 severine_q *i'm affraid
11:57 cait khall_: got another guarantor request for you... bug 26597
11:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26597 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, maryse.simard, Signed Off , Transfer information from guarantor when adding a guarantor to an existing patron
11:58 * ashimema contemplates converting the 'Bug activity' block to a chart of the last 7 days changes per status change
11:59 cait the long one?
11:59 ashimema the block that just has three dates and a numberic '450 Changes'
11:59 ashimema for example
11:59 wahanui for example is not fixed
12:00 * ashimema should finish the upgrade he's working on first really
12:00 cait ah
12:01 cait we could do a week one maybe hten instead of just 3 days?
12:01 cait 450... massive
12:02 fridolin tcohen: yep sorry lunch time. Whattts up ?
12:02 tcohen just saying hi
12:03 fridolin cool
12:12 cait oleonard-away: could we make this a bit easier to read? https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]ent.cgi?id=112175
12:14 inlibro joined #koha
12:17 oleonard I don't know, maybe!
12:23 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #377: STILL UNSTABLE in 45 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/377/
12:25 cait oleonard: as so oftne... not sure what to expect now :)
12:26 * oleonard is hard at work
12:26 oleonard ...with a follow-up
12:26 cait ah, thank you! :)
12:29 cait not sure when it was added, but love the new filter option on circ rules
12:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #922: UNSTABLE in 49 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/922/
12:37 cait oleonard: glad i asked, love it now :)
12:37 oleonard Glad to hear it
12:38 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9 build #310: STILL FAILING in 8 min 29 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_19.05_D9/310/
12:41 cait goes back to unseen renewals
12:44 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_U18 build #308: STILL FAILING in 5 min 22 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_19.05_U18/308/
12:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_19.05_D9_MDB10.3 build #74: STILL FAILING in 6 min 53 sec: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]05_D9_MDB10.3/74/
13:13 Dyrcona joined #koha
13:14 inlibro joined #koha
13:31 jzairo joined #koha
13:47 wizzyrea joined #koha
13:51 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #107: NOW UNSTABLE in 1 hr 27 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D9/107/
14:11 cait joined #koha
14:14 inlibro joined #koha
14:26 wizzyrea joined #koha
14:41 henryb joined #koha
14:42 marie-luce joined #koha
15:14 inlibro joined #koha
15:25 fridolin left #koha
15:49 ashimema ptfs-e sandboxes upgraded for DIY days.. I've added a bit more hardware to them for a few days for evertyone
15:56 caroline I was wondering if I could do a streaming of manual updating for either the workshop or the diy days
15:56 caroline It would be just me doing stuff, but maybe it could help someone
15:56 ashimema sounds like a great idea caroline
15:57 marie-luce I'll be keen to watch
15:57 * caroline is not sure how to stream though
15:57 caroline I'll try to find out before this afternoon
15:58 ashimema simplest option is probably zoom or google meet or something.. did you want it to be one way only or chatty with people able to ask questions either via chat or in audio?
15:59 caroline I was thinking one way with a chat
15:59 ashimema catalyst provided 'bigbluebutton' rooms for the sponsors during the conference itself.. they might be able to provide you with something similar..
15:59 severine_q caroline about streaming : i'd love it ! i'm quite interested about the job you do with David on the manual
16:00 caroline ashimema: good idea, I'll ask them
16:01 ashimema there are lots of other options of course.. I just know that one worked well and it could keep it nice and consistent with what the sponsors were doing as open chats
16:01 ashimema brb
16:02 ashimema Aleisha was in charge of setting ours uo
16:02 ashimema Up.. even
16:14 inlibro joined #koha
16:28 Dyrcona joined #koha
16:29 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #104: UNSTABLE in 1 hr 25 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_20.05_D10/104/
16:45 lukeG joined #koha
16:45 lukeG ashimema still about?
16:59 ashimema We, ish
16:59 ashimema Ascot to join a virtual scout meeting
17:04 lukeG ashimema: im trying to figure out how this JS error ended up in 20.05 but not in master
17:04 lukeG https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26785
17:04 huginn Bug 26785: normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , JS errors in pos/ in 20.05.x
17:15 inlibro joined #koha
17:15 davidnind joined #koha
17:15 ashimema oh, interesting
17:16 ashimema i can dig into it properly tomorrow
17:43 cait joined #koha
17:52 oleonard lukeG I think line 338 is extra
17:52 oleonard "}, items_columns_settings, false);"
17:57 cait joined #koha
18:06 lukeG1 joined #koha
18:06 lukeG1 master is a bit different because it has all the new TableSetting stuff
18:09 caroline Is it possible to change de labels of facets with ES?
18:09 caroline I see that there is a column for labels, but I can't figure out how to change them
18:11 cait hm last i checked it was not becuase of translations
18:11 cait the labels are still in the templates
18:11 cait not sure if htat changed
18:12 caroline unfortunately, that makes sense! hehe
18:12 cait #koha... what shall i have for dinner?
18:13 caroline I just ate a fritatta (eggs, lots of veggies, and cheese on top)
18:14 caroline you can make it with whatever you have on hand, which is a plus imo
18:15 cait true, but no eggs
18:15 inlibro joined #koha
18:15 cait in general a good suggestion tho :)
18:15 caroline you have no eggs or you eat no eggs?
18:16 cait I don't have eggs )
18:17 cait last went into pancakes, I guess it will be pasta with veggies
18:19 caroline also a good easy choice
18:23 lisettelatah joined #koha
19:13 davidnind caroline: I'm going to try and livestream the documentation workshop via a Jitsi meeting - see https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]orkshop_KohaCon20
19:13 ashimema Got an corgette.. thinly slice that instead of pasta to make it even more healthy
19:13 davidnind I did a test stream before and it worked
19:14 davidnind Will see how it goes...
19:14 caroline marie-luce^^
19:14 ashimema Nice one davidnind
19:14 caroline woah! that is veeeerryyy thorough!
19:14 davidnind I've found my plans never work out exactly as I intend...
19:15 inlibro joined #koha
19:15 caroline What I was thinking of doing is not the same so it's good!
19:15 caroline I was thinking of just doing what I normally do while saying aloud what I'm doing
19:16 davidnind I'll write something up about how to live stream - you have access to the YouTube account so should be able to live stream over YouTube as well
19:16 caroline How I work is not necessarily the way most people will go about it, but maybe some information I will share will be useful
19:16 davidnind that would be great - live editing of the manual!
19:17 caroline I was fiddling with my OBS earlier in case Catalyst can't create a BBB room for me
19:17 caroline I'll try livestreaming from OBS to YouTube
19:17 davidnind I've been experimenting  with OBS as well - I think I've got the basics down!
19:18 caroline just waiting on news from the organising team, if not, I'll just choose a time and write it somewhere on the wiki
19:18 davidnind that wiould be awesome!
19:21 davidnind left #koha
19:22 caroline I'm editing right now and narrating everything in my head as I go as if I was streaming lol! It's relly weird
19:24 cait obs?
19:25 caroline
19:25 caroline I think it's what twitch streamers use
19:26 caroline rangi said it was what they were using to manage the various feeds during the conference live streaming
19:29 cait ashimema: thx, but i like my carbs :)
19:30 cait caroline: maybe email the list too
19:30 caroline good idea!
19:30 cait more visibility
19:30 caroline main list or just docs list do you think?
19:30 cait davidnind++ caroline++
19:31 cait i think i'd send it to the main list
19:36 lisettelatah obs is what Koha-US used for our online conferences as well.
19:37 hayley joined #koha
19:43 cait hi hayley :)
19:43 hayley good morning cait! :)
19:56 Ellis joined #koha
19:58 edveal joined #koha
20:01 rangi thats right caroline
20:01 rangi in the first workshop, learning more about encoding
20:02 caroline ah while you're there rangi, do you know if there's a wiki page for things to work on or things that will be happening on DIY days?
20:02 caroline If not I can start one
20:02 rangi not yet as far as I know, if you want to start one we can add it
20:02 rangi hehe great minds
20:02 aleisha_ joined #koha
20:02 caroline even across the world lol!
20:04 cait :)
20:15 inlibro joined #koha
20:20 haleems joined #koha
20:21 edveal joined #koha
20:25 davidnind joined #koha
20:33 caroline If yall have anything you'll be working on tomorrow and the day after tomorrow, you can write it here and maybe you'll recruit some other poeple to work with you! https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]iki/Koha_DIY_2020
20:34 davidnind caroline++
20:34 aleisha_kohacon caroline++
20:36 rangi caroline++
20:36 cait caroline++
20:37 cait i think i'd use some bold for your workshop :)
20:37 caroline Good idea
20:37 caroline done
20:37 caroline but it won't be a workshop, it will be more like a twitch type stream
20:38 cait pondering... if i don't want to say "easy bugs"
20:38 cait what could i say instead?
20:38 cait starter bugs?
20:38 caroline simple bugs?
20:38 caroline simpler bugs?
20:39 caroline
20:39 cait :)
20:39 caroline light, painless XD
20:39 cait i found out yesterday that onesie was added in my birth year
20:39 cait and it was one of the nicer terms...
20:40 cait at leastone i could connect to
20:40 aleisha_kohacon hey caroline will you be using twitch or do you want to use the video conference room we've created for online workshops?
20:40 caroline aleisha_kohacon: I won't be using twitch I was thinking OBS and YouTube
20:40 caroline But it can be on BBB too
20:40 caroline I wrote to Tosca earlier asking about it ashimema told me you had set up a room for them
20:41 aleisha_kohacon the BBB link we've created is on the programme page on our website, you are welcome to use it for your workshop
20:45 aleisha_kohacon then people can communicate back with you!
20:47 caroline Yeah I think I'll do that... it seems simpler than my other option
20:53 khall joined #koha
21:00 aleisha_kohacon cool!
21:00 cait khall++
21:00 aleisha_kohacon if you want you could also screen record while using the room, i think OBS would let you do that maybe? and then we can upload that for you to the koha youtube
21:03 caroline I have access to the Youtube channel, so I think I can upload it myself
21:03 rangi even better!
21:03 aleisha_kohacon sweet :)
21:09 haleems hi
21:12 cait hello
21:12 wahanui hola, cait
21:15 inlibro joined #koha
21:17 khall joined #koha
21:18 haleems is the kohacon20 in person rrom workshop going on now?
21:18 sophie_m joined #koha
21:19 cait haleems: I am not sure, maybe hayley or rangi can tell? will try to find a link
21:19 caroline there is one right now
21:19 caroline
21:19 cait :)
21:19 cait caroline++
21:19 caroline I don't think it's the same as this morning
21:19 marie-luce this is for the online workshop
21:20 haleems already over
21:20 haleems ended
21:20 caroline sorry, I just saw that you wrote in person workshop
21:20 marie-luce the online workshop is still on at the moment
21:20 caroline there are many during the day
21:21 caroline https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]Day_5_-_Workshops
21:21 haleems by the koha-us right?
21:23 caroline aleisha_kohacon: So far I've only seen web cams and ppt presentations on BBB, is it possible to screen share?
21:23 haleems the online workshop ended already
21:24 tuxayo caroline BBB can screen share also.
21:25 caroline ok thanks tuxayo!
21:25 tuxayo hi #koha BTW o/
21:25 marie-luce haleems : the online workshop did start with a delay, so it is still on :
21:25 caroline haleems: I'm still seeing someone talking in the onlinw workshop
21:26 haleems is it possible to share some input on Pipitea Room and Thorndon Room (in person ONLY). Because external participants unable to join online
21:30 haleems caroline & marie-luce : thanks for the info
21:31 marie-luce haleems I'm glade you can join us
21:37 rangi haleems: https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]orkshop_KohaCon20  this is the documentation workshop on in thorndon room
21:38 rangi there is a couple of links to the livestream (it starts in 23 mins)
21:38 rangi it depends on how the wifi holds up though
21:39 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:49 haleems Thanks so much @rangi
21:50 khall joined #koha
22:00 * dcook waves to people
22:00 khall joined #koha
22:02 davidnind just getting setup for the live stream
22:02 cait hope it goes all well!
22:10 * dcook wonders if he intimidated everyone with bug 8437 or if everyone is just too sleepy/busy heh
22:10 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8437 normal, P2, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Large database backups and large exports from fail under plack
22:10 dcook I realized that today is hackfest day though, so going to have another crack at it from a Mojo/PSGI perspective..
22:13 hayley David's stream link:
22:13 hayley Join to learn about about documentation!
22:15 inlibro joined #koha
22:16 cait oleonard or kidclamp around?
22:19 * cait sends some dark chocolate to davidnind++
22:27 kidclamp I'm not entirely away ;-)
22:28 cait oh hey :)
22:28 cait it was a question for overdrive but actually i have moved on from that to another of yours
22:28 cait bug 19482
22:28 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19482 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, nick, Signed Off , Elasticsearch - prevent removal / editing of required indexes
22:28 cait just trying to figure out what it is doing
22:29 kidclamp It makes some fields read only, so users can't remove them
22:29 cait what is the criteria for the read-only
22:29 cait i think used for sorting i have spotted
22:29 cait are there others?
22:30 kidclamp Authority ids, as they are used for linking
22:30 cait a biblionumber index maybe?
22:30 kidclamp Yeah, things we really expect to be there
22:30 kidclamp And future features that may use ES benefit from the option
22:31 cait so... there is the yml file that is kind of a default set up
22:31 cait and i can overwrite that in the datbase
22:31 cait is that about right for the relation of the 2?
22:31 kidclamp Yeah, the mappings file can be reset to, there in case you break things
22:32 kidclamp Or if a bug fix adds new default indexes
22:33 cait it feels like missing unit tests
22:33 cait and a missing </td>
22:33 * kidclamp is no longer enjoying this chat
22:33 cait i am sorry :)
22:33 cait want some chocolate?
22:33 kidclamp :-P
22:33 kidclamp Always
22:34 kidclamp Only testing
22:34 kidclamp Teasing
22:34 cait well it was not real chocolate... so cheap
22:35 cait more worried about Joubu's queston on the suggestions bug
22:35 cait could you take a look at that tomorrow maybe?
22:35 cait 24370
22:36 dcook Hey kidclamp, I'm going to sign off your patch for bug 8437 shortly :)
22:36 huginn Bug[…]w_bug.cgi?id=8437 normal, P2, ---, gmcharlt, Needs Signoff , Large database backups and large exports from fail under plack
22:37 * dcook will then look at an underlying fix... O_O
22:38 dcook On the plus side, I think I may have found the source of many of our Plack/CGI problems and a potential solution so... yay?
22:39 * dcook quiets down and turns on davidnind's stream
22:53 haleems joined #koha
22:56 dcook Are online folk hackfesting at all?
23:00 lisettelatah I've been working on getting my devbox set up to do some work, but running into issues. I'll probably do sandbox testing the next couple of days if I can't get the devbox functional today.
23:01 cait working on the qa queue
23:02 cait lisettelatah: I saw on twitter that martin bumped resources on the ptfs sandbox server
23:02 cait not sure if htere is still a problem with the bws one
23:02 dcook lisettelatah: Happy to answer questions you may have on that front
23:02 dcook Great cait :)
23:03 lisettelatah the bws one should have been fixed earlier, though I haven't tested it yet, at least a couple other people did some signoffs today I think.
23:03 cait but not for much longer, it's alreay 1 am and trying to move myself into a less vampire like sleeping rhytm again
23:03 dcook I'm going to try my hand at bug 26791
23:03 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26791 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , Build Mojolicious controller replacement for
23:03 lisettelatah dcook: When I try to go to the patrons module on master I get : The method Koha::Patron->extended_attributes is not covered by tests!
23:03 dcook I have signed off kidclamp's patch for 8437
23:04 dcook Oh that's interesting lisettelatah..
23:04 dcook I'll take a quick peek myself
23:04 lisettelatah Yeah, not one I've run into before.
23:04 cait lisettelatah: any patches applied or just master?
23:04 lisettelatah just master
23:04 dcook Hm
23:04 dcook And what devbox are you using?
23:04 cait try a reset_all first
23:04 caroline davidnind++
23:04 dcook koahdevbox, koha-testing-docker, somethign else?
23:04 lisettelatah kohadevbox
23:05 lisettelatah (I know koha-testing-docker is better but I haven't been able to get docker to work on my laptop I'm using to work from home)
23:05 dcook Ah, I'm less familiar with kohadevbox these days than koha-testing-docker. cait is definitely the best one to listen to in this case I think
23:05 cait caroline: mine seems to behave normally, wen tto the module and searched empty
23:05 dcook (Always happy to help you with that one too heh)
23:05 dcook But yeah, as cait said, reset_all I reckon
23:05 dcook On the command line
23:05 cait could it be a testing leftover? maybe ht patch for showing patron attributes in results?
23:06 dcook Or even restart_all
23:06 cait sorry
23:06 cait i meant a restart_all
23:06 cait not a reset all... although i'd try that next if nothing else helps
23:06 dcook Yeah sounds to me like Starman running some outdated code, and just needs a restart
23:06 dcook I'm trying /cgi-bin/koha/members/ in koha-testing-docker with master and it's fine
23:07 lisettelatah Still did it after a restart all. Reset all had a bunch of compilation failed in reuire at
23:07 cait ook
23:07 cait try
23:07 cait go one directory up and into misc4dev directory
23:07 cait and do a git pull there
23:07 lisettelatah says "Already up-to-date"
23:07 cait hm
23:08 cait what exactly did fail?
23:08 cait maybe i have seen it before
23:08 cait can you paste?
23:08 dcook Also, is that error on your web browser page?
23:09 dcook If Starman were failing, it would usually just say "Internal server error"...
23:09 lisettelatah No, now I'm getting a proxy error on the web browser. The error was in bash
23:09 cait i think she meant the script was failing for reset_all
23:09 dcook Oh I meant for "The method Koha::Patron->extended_attributes is not covered by tests"
23:09 cait it probably only ran half way
23:10 lisettelatah
23:10 dcook Ohh actually I did see that the other day..
23:10 cait hm populate_db failes
23:11 dcook Is kohadevbox based on Debian Jessie?
23:11 dcook I was trying to build a Koha Debian package on Debian Jessie yesterday and had no end of problems
23:11 dcook I ended up upgrading to Debian Stretch to get around the issue
23:11 lisettelatah Stretch is the default for kohadevbox
23:11 cait what you could also try is get ouf of the devbox
23:11 cait halt it, pull the repo again
23:12 cait (tomas made some changes this weke)
23:12 cait and do an up --provision
23:12 * dcook gives a thumb up for this idae
23:12 cait with any other paraemters you usually have with up
23:12 cait well vagrant up (i have an alias set up so just use up)
23:13 lisettelatah The git pull said it was already up to date (I set up a new devbox on this computer this week)
23:13 cait hm getting harder :(
23:14 cait if you look at git log for the kohadevbox what's the top one?
23:14 cait Issue #306: Fix sample user.yml
23:14 cait ?
23:14 cait did they kick us out of youtuve?
23:14 dcook cait: I think it was a hiccup
23:14 dcook If you refresh your page, it should come back up
23:15 dcook lisettelatah: Do you use a koha git in the kohadevbox or do you use SYNC_REPO?
23:16 cait just chat got disabled now :)
23:16 inlibro joined #koha
23:16 dcook Ohh right
23:16 lisettelatah dcook :whatever the default is? I use git commands and koha-gitify is part of the install
23:17 lisettelatah cait: it is still provisioning, I'll let you know when its back up
23:17 cait ok, fingers crossed
23:17 dcook So you use "vagrant up" to set it up?
23:17 cait it will pull in all the new stuff hopefully ... and then a reset all might work
23:17 dcook I should have had you look at the kohaclone..
23:18 dcook But yeah starting fresh is always a good idea when having issues
23:18 dcook (That is where koha-testing-docker can come in handy)
23:18 lisettelatah dcook: yes I use vagrant up to set it up.
23:18 cait hm maybe you set the repo in your conf file
23:18 cait if that's what you usually do we will hopefully be fine
23:20 cait i think the youtube link is no longer working
23:20 cait just starts from the beginning
23:21 dcook davidnind: Nope that chat is off :(
23:21 dcook caroline: ^
23:22 dcook Ohhh
23:22 lisettelatah cait: git log gives me bug 26751
23:22 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26751 major, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Pushed to master , Fatal exception if only one repo defined
23:22 dcook Oohh you're probably right cait
23:22 dcook I'm so silly
23:22 cait ah that's the koha repo log
23:22 cait but that's alright
23:23 cait is the reset doing any better this time?
23:23 caroline yeah a voice said "The LiveStream Has Stopped"
23:23 caroline sorry about that
23:23 lisettelatah cait: no it looks the same
23:23 cait :(
23:23 cait if you do exit and then git log, where is your kohadevbox repot at?
23:24 lisettelatah 306
23:24 cait so that's ... just fine
23:24 cait as was the misc4dev
23:25 cait did you run the reset_all in kshell? (you should not)
23:26 cait grasping a bit at straws here
23:26 lisettelatah no, not in kshell
23:26 cait i didn't really think you did
23:26 marie-luce thanks davidnind for the online documentation workshop
23:27 cait hm ok anothe ridea
23:27 cait email:stuffer
23:27 cait maybe it#s a missing dpeendency
23:27 hayley jitsi stops the livestream after 1 hour apparently! good to know
23:27 cait ah yeah, that's a limit for the free ones
23:27 cait lisettelatah: try sudo apt install libemail-stuffer-perl
23:29 cait see if that installs something and if that works try the reset_all again
23:30 lisettelatah cait: That seems to have done it, at least I'm not getting the proxy error anymore.
23:30 davidnind thanks marie-luce and caroline!
23:31 davidnind hayley: thanks for figuring it out!
23:31 davidnind left #koha
23:31 cait woot
23:33 cait now if it fixest he patrons also... we might be happy
23:34 lisettelatah It ran me through the webinstaller again and when I tried to import some database defaults I got:
23:34 lisettelatah DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Cannot delete or update a parent row: a foreign key constraint fails at /usr/share/perl5/DBIx/ line 273. Something went wrong loading file /home/vagrant/kohaclone/instal​ler/data/mysql/kohastructure.sql ([SQL ERROR]: -- -- Table structure for table `auth_types` -- DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `auth_types` ) at /home/vagrant/kohaclone/C4/ line 564.
23:34 cait hm strange
23:34 cait the reset_all should give you sample data
23:34 cait did that finish without errrs this time?
23:34 cait ah ok
23:34 cait i see
23:35 cait i think dcook is to blame here
23:35 dcook :o
23:35 cait didn't you trop the marc column?
23:35 dcook Not yet I don't think? But maybe?
23:35 dcook I'll check
23:36 dcook Yeah that hasn't been pushed yet
23:36 dcook bug 26684
23:36 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26684 normal, P5 - low, ---, dcook, Needs Signoff , Remove 'marc' column from auth_header table
23:36 cait yeah just came to the same conclusion
23:36 dcook Nice try! hehe
23:36 cait i might still get to pin it to you... somehow
23:36 cait ;)
23:36 dcook hehe
23:36 dcook I have been more active lately, so you never know..
23:36 dcook The only weird thing is that I ran up a fairly fresh koha-testing-docker like 30 minutes ago
23:37 dcook So master should be OK
23:37 cait actually...
23:37 cait it could be a problem in kohastructure on master
23:37 cait ok, that speaks agains it
23:37 dcook Unless koha-testing-docker isn't using kohastructure?
23:37 dcook I imagine it probably is though..
23:37 * dcook can't keep track of all the dev tooling used these days
23:37 cait i'll stil take a look if there was a recent change there
23:37 dcook Actually..
23:38 dcook You know you get that kind of error when you're trying to run kohastructure.sql on an existing database I think
23:38 cait hm but the tools should drop it
23:38 dcook Sounds like it's trying to drop auth_types, but auth_header probably contains data
23:38 cait but we can try that
23:38 cait lisettelatah: motivatoin for another idea?
23:38 cait sudo koha-mysql kohadev
23:38 cait then drop database koha_kohadev; create database koha_kohadev;
23:38 cait exit;
23:39 cait reset_all
23:39 lisettelatah Sure, also I got this error when I reset before
23:39 lisettelatah
23:40 cait hm odd looking
23:40 cait but if not all tables got added it could be a side effect
23:41 lisettelatah I like that mariadb says "bye" when you exit. reset_all is running now.
23:43 cait we try killing the db... to make sure the script has to start over
23:44 lisettelatah No errors that time
23:45 lisettelatah but I can't login. It doesn't seem to recognize the user I setup or the default login.
23:46 lisettelatah Nevermind, typos
23:46 lisettelatah and it seems to work!
23:46 lisettelatah cait++
23:46 cait awesome
23:46 cait patrons?
23:46 wahanui patrons are import
23:46 lisettelatah Yeah, they load up!
23:48 lisettelatah Now I'm like, "quick, I better write a patch before something breaks again"
23:48 cait heh
23:54 cait y
23:57 dcook heh

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary