IRC log for #koha, 2020-09-02

All times shown according to UTC.

Time S Nick Message
00:42 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
00:42 inlibro joined #koha
01:38 chris_n joined #koha
01:42 inlibro joined #koha
02:43 inlibro joined #koha
03:43 inlibro joined #koha
04:02 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
04:05 BobB_ joined #koha
04:23 aleisha joined #koha
04:24 dj_ joined #koha
04:24 BobB_ joined #koha
04:24 hayleymapley__ joined #koha
04:24 kathryn joined #koha
04:24 dcook joined #koha
04:24 irma joined #koha
04:24 mtj joined #koha
04:24 ribasushi joined #koha
04:43 inlibro joined #koha
05:08 chriss joined #koha
05:29 fridolin joined #koha
05:43 inlibro joined #koha
05:48 cait joined #koha
05:48 TimothyAlexis joined #koha
05:49 TimothyAlexis Is it possible in Koha to get statistics on how much a service is used? Such as visits to for example
05:51 kohaputti joined #koha
06:06 lds joined #koha
06:10 lmstrand joined #koha
06:16 did joined #koha
06:37 reiveune joined #koha
06:38 reiveune hello
06:43 inlibro joined #koha
06:49 sophie_m joined #koha
06:51 lari joined #koha
06:56 davidnind joined #koha
06:57 alex_a joined #koha
06:58 alex_a Bonjour
06:58 wahanui niihau, alex_a
06:59 cait joined #koha
07:01 cait1 joined #koha
07:01 cait1 good morning #koha
07:01 lmstrand joined #koha
07:20 alex_a joined #koha
07:24 magnuse \o/
07:38 magnuse joined #koha
07:44 inlibro joined #koha
08:36 magnuse joined #koha
08:44 inlibro joined #koha
09:30 alexbuckley joined #koha
09:44 inlibro joined #koha
09:55 alex_a joined #koha
10:12 davidnind left #koha
10:24 cait joined #koha
10:30 oleonard o/
10:44 magnuse \o
10:44 inlibro joined #koha
10:52 cait hm general question
10:52 cait i have started working on unifying the way the material type information is displayed in staff vs opac result list
10:53 cait can I assume that we cant it to look the same between opac and staff?
10:53 cait so far what i have found is that we display more icons in opac than in staff
10:53 cait my goal would be to use the same include file for staff and opac in hte end
10:53 cait so that we can keep them from diverging easier because oyu can compare and copy them around
10:54 oleonard @quote get 123
10:54 huginn oleonard: Quote #123: "rangi: #thingsihavelearnt if there is a mad scheme a library somewhere will be doing it ... except madder" (added by wizzyrea at 09:20 PM, March 30, 2011)
10:54 wahanui i already had it that way, huginn.
10:54 cait ohoh
10:54 cait so you think they  should be different?
10:55 oleonard I don't actually know
10:55 cait the logic behind is pretty insance
10:55 cait i might propose it and note the differences once i have found them all
10:55 cait hiding additional icons would not be hard
11:30 ashimema[m] funny cait.. I was looking at some of the code around there recently too
11:30 ashimema[m] when I was doing fixes for table sizing prior to it being reverted
11:31 ashimema[m] there's some terrible logic in the results list table on the opac.. we should at least hide the empty columns if not removing them from the table entirely at the template side
11:31 ashimema[m] also.. they're marked up as 'selectcol' when they're clearly not
11:32 ashimema[m] grrr
11:32 cait1 i think we are talking about very different thing
11:32 cait1 s
11:32 cait1 I am in the XSLT - the material type, format and audience information drawn from all the controlled field positions
11:32 ashimema[m] ok
11:32 ashimema[m] different
11:32 cait1 yep
11:33 cait1 even more horrible i think
11:33 cait1 :)
11:33 cait1 this one line display has like... a few hundred lines of code behind it
11:34 cait1 that's why i think separating it into an extra file that is the same between opac and staff would be a nice idea
11:34 vfernandes joined #koha
11:35 ashimema[m] sounds sensible
11:37 oleonard I'm getting this error when running some tests:
11:37 oleonard Cannot open /tmp/fh6pFlDVON/etc/koha/log4perl.conf (No such file or directory)
11:37 oleonard Is this a configuration problem on my end?
11:44 inlibro joined #koha
11:56 jzairo joined #koha
12:03 fridolin joined #koha
12:04 Joubu which tests oleonard?
12:04 oleonard More than one, including t/db_dependent/Circulation/transferbook.t. I'm testing Bug 19532.
12:04 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=19532 new feature, P1 - high, ---, aleisha, Needs Signoff , Recalls for Koha
12:07 magnuse /tmp/ looks like a bad place for a conf file? unless it's some docker thing I know nothing about
12:07 oleonard Hm, similar errors when I try to rebuild zebra "Cannot open `/tmp/fh6pFlDVON/etc/koha/zebr​adb/zebra-authorities-dom.cfg' [No such file or directory]"
12:11 alex_a_ joined #koha
12:12 Joubu oleonard: koha-testing-docker or kohadevbox?
12:13 Joubu what's the value of log4perl_conf in koha_conf? Is the path valid?
12:21 Dyrcona joined #koha
12:44 inlibro joined #koha
12:48 marie-luce joined #koha
13:26 edveal joined #koha
13:30 cait1 tcohen: hope you are not grumpy i made the bug fix a dependency :) (analytics feature)
13:32 ashimema[m] grumpy.. tcohen.. never....
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: DBIC schema changes <[…]aea29a67159c7c229>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Rename publicationdate with published_on <[…]e9419f133aad830a2>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: DBRev <[…]943cbf98828ae3541>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 26324: Fix spelling resizable vs resizeable in Dopop <[…]ebd96d722f1c77387>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: (QA follow-up) Check for field existence in db rev <[…]1b29b1fa061b6ab54>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25584: Fix minor styling issue <[…]68cf8f43bc308f142>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25584: Refresh checkouts table when a return claim is added <[…]3070fb660850be511>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: (QA follow-up) Fix publication date display in OPAC <[…]942aef13acbf24fc9>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 24147: Don't assume search_related will return ordered values <[…]0111acb79d4d53111>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25630: (follow-up) Fix capitalization and terminology for system preferences <[…]70a65599325dd4737>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Update translated news and notices <[…]c153ea10b9afa867e>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Update English sample notices <[…]7434cf513dcc013d7>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Update NewsChannels.t <[…]da618adcde1ac7324>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Resolve SQL errors in strict mode <[…]e79b3ab980edc47db>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25101: (follow-up) Tick preview checkbox on by default <[…]0cea45662165f60f0>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25630: Fix capitalization and terminology for Accounting, Administration and... <[…]198793e5b48917e69>
13:35 tcohen cait1 it is PQA isn't it?
13:35 tcohen :-D
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25630: Fix capitalization and terminology for Authorities and Cataloging system... <[…]05a682469303c614f>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 25101: Add ability to skip previewing results when batch extending due dates <[…]30bff889b9ae49176>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Code changes needed for replacing opac_news.timestamp <[…]3eac5a003df4f334b>
13:35 huginn News from kohagit: Bug 21066: Database revision <[…]2d22ba4c63a593eaf>
13:36 tcohen cait1 I asked a question here, that you're the one to answer I belive https://bugs.koha-community.or[…].cgi?id=26327#c11
13:36 huginn Bug 26327: enhancement, P5 - low, ---, tomascohen, Signed Off , Include transacting library in fines
13:45 inlibro joined #koha
13:48 * ashimema[m] just stole a QA from Tomas
13:48 ashimema[m] sorry tcohen ;)
13:48 tcohen wait what?
13:48 wahanui well, wait is that one debit or credit? I always confuse the two
13:49 ashimema[m] I QA'd something that had your name on it
13:49 caroline same wahanui!
13:49 ashimema[m] didn't spot your name until after I had gone through the process..
13:49 ashimema[m] Kyles SIP holds block bug
13:49 ashimema[m] bug 25541
13:49 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=25541 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, kyle, Passed QA , Add ability to prevent checkin via SIP of items with holds
13:51 ashimema[m] the QA queue is kinda crazy low...  did you get the branding iron out or something whilst I was away?
13:58 lukeG joined #koha
14:04 oleonard_ joined #koha
14:16 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U16 build #56: SUCCESS in 40 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U16/56/
14:20 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D11 build #77: SUCCESS in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_D11/77/
14:26 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
14:26 wahanui Congratulations!
14:26 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_MDB_Latest build #377: FIXED in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]9_MDB_Latest/377/
14:28 ivan_ joined #koha
14:28 ivan_ joined #koha
14:31 enkidu joined #koha
14:32 oleonard_ Hi ivan_ and enkidu
14:32 vfernandes joined #koha
14:33 ivan_ oleonard_: hi, how are you? Ready help me? :)
14:33 ivan_ with elasticsearch
14:33 oleonard_ haha, not with elasticsearch! I don't know about that.
14:34 oleonard_ But ask anyway and if anyone else here knows the answer they can chime in
14:36 ivan_ after command `misc/search_tools/ -v -d` I see error
14:36 lukeG Joubu around?
14:37 Joubu yes
14:37 ivan_ [Request] ** [http://localhost:9200]-[400] [illegal_argument_exception] Custom Analyzer [analyzer_phrase] failed to find filter under name [icu_folding], called from sub Search::Elasticsearch::Role​::Client::Direct::__ANON__ at /inlibro/git/koha-oralise-dev-inlibro/Ko​ha/SearchEngine/Elasticsearch/ line 341. With vars: {'body' => {'status' => 400,'error' => {'type' => 'illegal_argument_exception','reason' => 'Custom Analyzer [analyzer_phrase] failed
14:37 ivan_ What is this? Thanks
14:37 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9_My8 build #401: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 0 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]aster_D9_My8/401/
14:38 lukeG Joubu: im testing Bug 26265 on 20.05, after adding the patches I missed I am still failing tests on xt/check_makefile.t
14:38 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=26265 blocker, P5 - low, ---, martin.renvoize, Pushed to master , Makefile.PL is missing pos directory
14:38 vfernandes ivan_ -> which ES version are you using?
14:38 lukeG not ok 1 - All directories must be listed in Makefile.PL
14:38 Joubu lukeG: which directories?
14:38 ivan_ vfernandes: 5.6
14:38 Joubu It can happen locally if you have untracked dir
14:38 ivan_ vfernandes: 5.6.4
14:39 ivan_ vfernandes: "number": "5.6.16"
14:39 vfernandes did you install analysis-icu? sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install analysis-icu
14:39 ivan_ vfernandes: yes, I did it
14:40 ivan_ sudo /usr/share/elasticsearch/bin/elasticsearch-plugin install analysis-icu [sudo] password for ivan:  -> Downloading analysis-icu from elastic [=========================​========================] 100%    -> Installed analysis-icu
14:40 lukeG Joubu: thank you
14:42 vfernandes did you restarted ES after installing?
14:43 ivan_ vfernandes: no :)
14:44 margaret joined #koha
14:45 inlibro joined #koha
14:46 vfernandes try it :)
14:54 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U20 build #84: SUCCESS in 37 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ha_Master_U20/84/
14:56 vfernandes ivan_: worked?
14:59 ivan_ vfernandes: yes Thanks!) It remains to understand the name of the index, which I created :)
15:00 cait1 ... to do what with?
15:01 cait1 sorry, my window was stuck, that was referring to ashimema's ealrier branding iron comment
15:02 ashimema[m] just impressed by the QA queue.. I've not seen it this low in many months..
15:02 ashimema[m] but yeah.. The SO queue is high
15:02 Joubu s/months/years actually
15:03 ashimema[m] indeed
15:03 ashimema[m] cait1 is amazing..
15:03 alex_a joined #koha
15:04 cait1 i added the SO queue to tonight's agenda
15:04 cait1 i thnk we need to think about some event or so - or maybe put in newsletter etc.
15:04 oleonard Oh I'm glad you mentioned the agenda, I forgot there was a meeting
15:05 cait1 ;)
15:05 fridolin left #koha
15:06 * ashimema[m] still has another 215 emails to work through since coming back from vacation
15:06 ashimema[m] soooo much bugmail
15:07 cait1 sorry not sorry ;)
15:07 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D9 build #1420: SUCCESS in 47 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D9/1420/
15:09 AndrewFH joined #koha
15:11 cait1 left #koha
15:13 lisettelatah joined #koha
15:13 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10_Deps build #64: UNSTABLE in 46 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]ster_D10_Deps/64/
15:14 reiveune bye
15:14 reiveune left #koha
15:18 ivan_ vfernandes: My koha-conf.xml for elasticsearch is  <index_name>test_index</index_name> . Why I can't see this index on the page http://localhost:9200/test_index/_search   ?  "status": 404
15:18 oleonard I wonder if my regular patch-testers are on vacation. I'm going through signoff withdrawal.
15:19 lukeG oleonard is there anything in particular I could test for you?
15:19 oleonard @later tell oleonard_ You should test Bug 26305
15:19 huginn oleonard: The operation succeeded.
15:19 caroline oleonard: we have a new itern and I told him to check for your bugs
15:19 oleonard lukeG nothing in particular I'm just complaining :)
15:20 lukeG :)
15:21 oleonard Thanks caroline, I was hoping your intern could test the JS internationalization bugs in particular.
15:21 caroline I'll let him know
15:31 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_D10 build #339: SUCCESS in 36 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_D10/339/
15:33 ivan_ how to find the index of elasticsearch through the address bar? (ex. http://localhost:9200/index_na[…]type_doc/_search) Thanks
15:35 koha-jenkins Project Koha_Master_U18 build #884: SUCCESS in 58 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]a_Master_U18/884/
15:36 oleonard tcohen around?
15:36 tcohen around-ish
15:36 tcohen yes
15:37 oleonard I've got weird issues with indexing zebra that I think are docker-related
15:38 oleonard zebraidx(36201) [warn] Cannot open `/tmp/fh6pFlDVON/etc/koha/ze​bradb/zebra-biblios-dom.cfg' [No such file or directory]
15:38 oleonard The config information it displays at the start of the rebuild says "Zebra biblio directory      = /tmp/fh6pFlDVON/var/lib/zebradb/biblios"
15:39 tcohen does that happen when running tests?
15:39 tcohen is it plain KTD?
15:39 oleonard Yes, on Mac.
15:40 oleonard I got other errors when running tests, Cannot open /tmp/fh6pFlDVON/etc/koha/log4perl.conf (No such file or directory)
15:40 caroline Is the elasticsearch guru kidclamp?
15:41 oleonard And spiritual guru
15:41 tcohen oleonard you could try deleting the existing volumes
15:41 caroline and mustache guru
15:42 tcohen oleonard
15:42 tcohen might be generating those bad paths
15:42 oleonard How do I delete volumes?
15:42 tcohen docker volume prune
15:43 tcohen and then recreate the KTD stuff
15:43 oleonard Okay cool I always forget that that is a step I can take to refresh things
15:44 tcohen yes but
15:44 tcohen and t/Logger.t
15:44 tcohen they both share the recreation of config files on temporary places
15:44 enkidu joined #koha
15:44 tcohen so this might be a problem
15:45 tcohen it should be using /var/tmp/koha/kohadev
15:45 inlibro joined #koha
15:45 tcohen soirry, /var/lib/koha//kohadev/tmp
15:45 tcohen what KOHA_IMAGE have you set?
15:47 oleonard master
15:48 tcohen so stretch
15:49 tcohen I cannot reproduce
15:49 tcohen try docker system prune -a
15:49 tcohen and docker volume prune
15:49 oleonard It looks like "docker volume prune" did the trick
15:50 oleonard The zebra biblio directory looks correct now
15:50 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
15:50 wahanui Congratulations!
15:50 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D10 build #71: FIXED in 42 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_D10/71/
15:50 tcohen great, oleonard
15:50 oleonard What a weird problem
15:51 oleonard Thanks for your help tcohen
15:54 tcohen oleonard on Mac, we found that the docker subsystem uses a portion of the filesystem for the volumes, a fixed size thing
15:54 tcohen and when it fills up
15:54 tcohen weird behaviours are seen
15:56 oleonard The prune process did say it cleared up over 8GB
15:57 tcohen \o/
15:59 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #59: STILL UNSTABLE in 1 hr 10 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U20/59/
16:02 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:02 wahanui Congratulations!
16:02 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9 build #77: FIXED in 48 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]Koha_20.05_D9/77/
16:02 kidclamp ivan_: I don't know, that used to work for me, but hasn't in a long time
16:03 kidclamp koha_instance_biblios/data/
16:03 kidclamp Those are index and type
16:03 kidclamp _authorities for authorities
16:05 ivan_ kidclamp: yes, thanks
16:06 caroline Is it snob of me to think we should change "librarian" for "library staff"? (ex. Note: Your comment must be approved by a librarian.)
16:10 oleonard I like that suggestion
16:10 * oleonard is a "librarian" without a degree so is biased ;)
16:14 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:14 wahanui Congratulations!
16:14 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_D9_My8 build #67: FIXED in 43 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]_20.05_D9_My8/67/
16:29 ivandz joined #koha
16:30 ivandz joined #koha
16:30 ivandz test...
16:30 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U16 build #58: STILL UNSTABLE in 55 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U16/58/
16:31 ivandz caroline, test
16:31 oleonard What are you testing ivandz?
16:31 * caroline waves at ivandz
16:32 caroline he is one of my new coworkers :) we just installed an IRC client
16:32 oleonard Welcome, ivandz :)
16:33 * ashimema[m] quietly weeps into his keyboard whilst trying to rebase a test he only wrote a week ago but now can't remember at all
16:34 oleonard I know the pain of trying to rebase a patch when you've forgotten what you did :(
16:34 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
16:34 wahanui Congratulations!
16:34 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U18 build #62: FIXED in 44 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U18/62/
16:34 ashimema[m] The most anoying part of it.. I also wrote the patch that breaks it to require the rebase
16:35 oleonard You villain.
16:45 inlibro joined #koha
16:46 ashimema[m] lol
17:01 ivandz oleonard, HexChat I am ivan (elasticsearch)
17:05 koha-jenkins Yippee, build fixed!
17:05 wahanui Congratulations!
17:05 koha-jenkins Project Koha_20.05_U20 build #60: FIXED in 1 hr 5 min: https://jenkins.koha-community[…]oha_20.05_U20/60/
17:12 cait joined #koha
17:45 inlibro joined #koha
18:16 oleonard Anyone else get an error in master from circ/
18:16 oleonard Can't call method "description" on an undefined value at /kohadevbox/koha/circ/ line 98
18:20 caroline hm, right now no, I can see my transfers to receive.., but let me update my master
18:22 caroline still good... :/
18:23 CrispyBran joined #koha
18:25 oleonard My day for weird errors
18:37 caroline oleonard: do you think the community would be interested in something like this for comments?
18:37 caroline A client is asking for this and I was wonering if we should develop it with the community in mind
18:38 caroline I think it looks kinda cool
18:44 oleonard Putting comments into the sidebar instead of under a tab?
18:44 caroline yeah, with a title and the stars
18:45 inlibro joined #koha
18:50 oleonard It think it would be an appealing option
18:51 oleonard Grouping the rating with the comment shows that it would make sense for us to add the star ratings input on the comment form
18:53 caroline that was part of my specs, doesn't exclude that it could be standalon also, if someone only wants to rate it and not enter a comment
18:55 chris_n joined #koha
18:57 * oleonard forbids anyone from submitting an OPAC patch until Bug 20168 is pushed
18:57 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20168 enhancement, P5 - low, ---, oleonard, Signed Off , Update of the OPAC bootstrap template to bootstrap v4
18:57 * oleonard brandishes a cutlass menacingly
18:59 * oleonard , scared of the cutlass, resists the urge to write a patch putting the comment form into a modal window
19:04 davidnind joined #koha
19:06 CrispyBran joined #koha
19:17 enkidu joined #koha
19:26 cait oleonard-away: you make me wonder if i should look up that unknown word or not
19:33 caroline cait: it's just a type of sword I think
19:34 cait i can't really imagine oleonard wielding a sword... or well, maybe
19:46 inlibro joined #koha
19:57 tuxayo Apologies, can't attend to the meeting.
20:00 * oleonard brandishes his cutlass at tuxayo
20:01 cait scary
20:02 cait Joubu: around? :)
20:03 * oleonard brandishes his cutlass at Joubu
20:03 cait hm not keen on running meetings this time of day anymore
20:03 cait a little too sleepy
20:04 caroline I can try
20:04 oleonard If almost no one is around we should just postpone
20:04 caroline who is around for the meeting?
20:04 caroline me
20:04 cait maybe we could have a mini one?
20:05 davidnind Where are all the New Zealanders?:)
20:05 cait I#d really like to discuss ideas about getting more sign offs in
20:05 cait tiny bit too ealry still for them maybe
20:05 caroline ok, well, lets do one and the others can just read the minutes and accept whatever we decicde :_)
20:05 davidnind It's 8am, so probably on the cusp...
20:06 cait code names for releases!
20:06 donnab joined #koha
20:06 * cait goes to add all her secret plans to the agenda for voting
20:06 cait donnab: meet with us? :)
20:06 caroline ok I'll start then
20:06 caroline #startmeeting General IRC meeting 2 September 2020
20:06 huginn Meeting started Wed Sep  2 20:06:40 2020 UTC.  The chair is caroline. Information about MeetBot at
20:06 huginn Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
20:06 Topic for #koha is now  (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:06 huginn The meeting name has been set to 'general_irc_meeting_2_september_2020'
20:06 caroline chair cait
20:06 cait with # :)
20:06 caroline #chair cait
20:06 huginn Current chairs: cait caroline
20:07 caroline sorry!
20:07 davidnind #info Agenda https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]_2_September_2020
20:07 caroline #topic Introductions
20:07 Topic for #koha is now Introductions (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:07 cait we can do it all together
20:07 caroline (please use "#info" in front of your introduction to have it show up in the automatic minutes)
20:07 cait #chair davidnind
20:07 huginn Current chairs: cait caroline davidnind
20:07 donnab #info Donna Bachowski, ByWater Solutions
20:07 oleonard #info Owen Leonard, Athens County Public Libraries, Ohio, USA
20:07 cait #info Katrin Fischer, BSZ, Germany
20:07 caroline #info Caroline Cyr La Rose, inLibro
20:07 kathryn joined #koha
20:08 davidnind #info David Nind, Wellington, New Zealand
20:08 lisettelatah #info Lisette Scheer, Latah County Library District, Idaho, USA
20:08 kathryn #info Kathryn Tyree, Catalyst IT, New Zealand
20:08 tcohen #info Tomas Cohen Arazi, Theke Solutions
20:09 edveal #info Ed Veal, McKinney Public Library
20:09 caroline #topic Announcements
20:09 Topic for #koha is now Announcements (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:10 caroline anything to annouce?
20:10 cait not from me
20:10 caroline there is no specific agenda point for kohacon
20:10 cait yep, just noticed too
20:10 caroline is there anything new?
20:11 cait kathryn:  maybe?
20:11 kathryn Kia ora, 46 days away eep!
20:11 caroline yas!
20:11 kathryn #info We need people to register please regardless if they are coming in person or online
20:11 * cait is registered virtually :)
20:11 kathryn :)
20:12 thd joined #koha
20:12 kathryn #info the programme looks excellent, we're starting to work on some online social events which you'll hear more about soon
20:12 caroline is there a way to check if we're registered? I'm pretty sure I did it, but now i'm not sure anymore
20:12 thd #info Thomas Dukleth, Agogme, New York City
20:12 kathryn just ask, we don't mind caroline
20:13 lisettelatah The Koha-US 2020 Conference schedule and registration are live on our website.
20:13 lisettelatah[…]linetogether2020/
20:14 cait thx lisettelatah
20:15 caroline lisettelatah: this is this month right?
20:15 cait #info The Koha-US 2020 Conference schedule and registration are live on their website
20:15 lisettelatah yes, the dates are September 22nd-24th
20:15 cait #link[…]linetogether2020/
20:15 kathryn Also Alex from Catalyst and Jessie at Bywater did a webinar last week, which has about 10,000 views so far - if that keeps up we can expect a lot of engagement in our online events, during and after
20:15 cait #info dates are  September 22nd-24th
20:15 kathryn I need to find the link...
20:16 davidnind #link
20:17 kathryn thank you davidnind, I found every other link possible :)
20:18 kathryn #info the above link is for the International Koha Webinar kindly hosted by the North Eastern Hill University last week
20:18 kathryn (no more from me)
20:19 caroline #topic Update on releases
20:19 Topic for #koha is now Update on releases (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:19 caroline Joubu says Everything is going well. Still need urgent feedback on bug 20271 (Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables).
20:19 huginn Bug[…]_bug.cgi?id=20271 enhancement, P1 - high, ---, jonathan.druart, In Discussion , Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables
20:20 caroline re: 20.11
20:20 cait #info oubu says Everything is going well. Still need urgent feedback on bug 20271 (Merge deleted biblio, biblioitems, biblio_metadata, and items tables).
20:20 cait hm, J went missing...
20:20 oleonard I didn't see that Bug 20271 had gone into 'in discussion'
20:20 cait missed it too, bit behind there
20:21 caroline anything from our rmaints?
20:21 cait rmaints?
20:21 wahanui lukeG, aleisha, and tuxayo, I SUMMON THEE!!
20:21 caroline I saw that there was a tiny rmaint meeting the other day :D
20:21 caroline tuxayo said he wouldn't be here
20:21 cait #info congratulations to the well coordinated security releases!
20:21 kathryn Aleisha asked me to pass this along:
20:22 tcohen aleisha++
20:22 tcohen tuxayo++
20:22 tcohen lukeG++
20:22 tcohen Joubu++
20:22 cait mtj++
20:22 tcohen mtj++
20:22 tcohen team_work++
20:22 cait aleisha++ tuxayo++ lukeG++
20:22 cait balance :)
20:22 kathryn #info Aleisha would like to note that the wiki needs work on security release guidance, but the team worked well together to get it out
20:23 cait if there are any issues, please feel free to add questions or anything that was missing
20:23 tcohen there will be a new security release soon, so we'll see what we've learnt :-D
20:23 cait i think the current write up dates back to me
20:23 cait #link https://wiki.koha-community.or[…]security_releases
20:24 kathryn cait It sounded like there were some changes/discussions by email maybe, I don't know all the details sorry
20:24 cait that's ok - we need constant improvement
20:24 kathryn of course!
20:24 tcohen better each time :-D
20:25 cait as you can tell from the version noted there (17.05) it's been around a while :)
20:25 kathryn yep!
20:26 caroline #topic  Encourage community sign-offs
20:26 Topic for #koha is now Encourage community sign-offs (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:26 caroline #info      At the moment the QA queue is emptying out while the numbers in "needs Signoff" are rising steadily. We should discuss ways to actively encourage sign-offs and testing.
20:26 cait that's from me
20:27 cait as you can tell... having the qa queue at 6 or even 5 was a pretty nice feeling, but it's NOT NORMAL :)
20:27 cait I think we have a problem with the SO queue right now
20:27 donnab joined #koha
20:27 cait i was hoping we could brainstorm a bit to see if we can come with some things
20:28 davidnind The dashboard:
20:28 cait maybe we could think of having anothe rtesting event?
20:29 cait the webinar style ones were a pretty big hit the last time we had a testing day
20:29 tcohen I think we haven't been focused on some big things
20:29 cait and... we got some sign offs
20:29 tcohen that demand hours
20:29 caroline there is something on sept 24 with koha-us
20:29 cait lisettelatah: still around maybe?
20:29 lisettelatah Yes
20:30 CrispyBran joined #koha
20:30 lisettelatah we are focusing the third day of the conference as a bug-a-palooza. I'm going to start with a webinar/demo of finding a bug and doing a few signoffs.
20:30 cait looking for somoene to promote testing and sign offs at the US event :)
20:30 cait awesome
20:30 davidnind lisettelatah++
20:31 tcohen lisettelatah++
20:31 CrispyBran bug-a-palooza sounds so Americany
20:31 cait #info Koha US/lisettelatah: we are focusing the third day of the conference as a bug-a-palooza. I'm going to start with a webinar/demo of finding a bug and doing a few signoffs.
20:31 cait it is... but in a nice way kinda to me
20:31 ashimema[m] sorry I'm late
20:31 lisettelatah The rest of the day we are wanting to keep doing testing and also encourage discussion of bugs that line up with our Special Interest Groups (Webdev, acquisitions, etc) and try and get more signoffs and also discussions.
20:31 cait ashimema[m]: quite right to help with ideas on improving bug flow
20:32 CrispyBran We are all about making up words or re-using parts of words.
20:32 cait lisettelatah: comments/questions on bugs are great too
20:32 * ashimema[m] reads back a bit
20:33 caroline Test plans are a big part for me... I was looking for easy-ish bugs to SO for our new employees, and I had to skip a couple that didn't have good test plans
20:33 cait definitely
20:33 cait asking for a better test plan is totally valid too
20:33 cait if somehing looks to hard to test, feel free to tell the devs
20:33 caroline ok I'll keep that in mins
20:33 caroline mind
20:33 thd lisettlelatah: Will the third day conference be recorded in some way for later access and review?
20:34 hayley joined #koha
20:35 lisettelatah The Sandboxes demo at the start will be. Since the rest will mostly be more freeform than the other recordings we weren't planning on it, but if people think it would be helpful I'll bring it up at our next meeting.
20:36 cait #info We are in need of more testers and sign-offs, please help us out!
20:37 cait I don't have anymore.. maybe we need to keep thinking about it
20:37 caroline It'll be interesting to see how the bug-a-palooza will go, maybe it's something we could do on a regular basis?
20:37 cait we used to have gbsd = global bug squashing days
20:37 caroline like stream an intro and then have a bug squash
20:37 cait yeah
20:38 lukeG I will try to be better about signing off on things!
20:38 caroline did the last one go well?
20:38 cait i think KohaCon also plans for some kind of virtual hackfest
20:38 thd In general it would be helpful to have explanations of X in various formats including video if it can be done and better persisted on Youtube or some such place than in a less accessible Zoom silo.
20:38 cait caroline: i tihnk the last event we had went well, but there also was a bug squash session from bywater
20:38 cait so that combination seems to be a good idea
20:38 kathryn Kohacon hack fest "DIY" is Sat-Sun NZ time22-23 Oct
20:39 kathryn We're naming it DIY to encourage non developers to come too :)
20:39 cait i like it :)
20:40 ashimema[m] +1
20:40 cait moving on?
20:40 caroline sure
20:40 kathryn Btw, DIY means do it yourself
20:40 caroline #topic  Actions from last meeting
20:40 Topic for #koha is now Actions from last meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:40 caroline the only action point from last meeting is      caroline will change the message in the manual saying that the staff side doesn't work with IE
20:41 caroline and I scrambled earlier to see if I had done it hehe XD
20:41 caroline yes i did[…]/source/intro.rst
20:41 davidnind caroline++
20:41 caroline with oleonard's help to make sure the english was ok
20:42 cait caroline++ oleonard++ :)
20:42 caroline alright, so only point left is next meeting
20:42 caroline #topic set time of next meeting
20:42 Topic for #koha is now set time of next meeting (Meeting topic: General IRC meeting 2 September 2020)
20:42 caroline october 7?
20:43 cait we probably are missing a bit chance tonight ot make some radical decisions :)
20:43 cait sounds good
20:43 caroline like?
20:43 wahanui like is it possible to translate to all calendar systems you use from one calendar system
20:43 caroline what kind of radical decisions did you want to make ? lol
20:43 oleonard wahanui is down for radical change
20:44 kathryn I approve teleporting you all to Kohacon
20:44 cait yeah :)
20:44 caroline do we keep the meeting at this time for kohacon updates?
20:44 cait +1!
20:44 kathryn I would really appreciate that!
20:44 cait as we get so close that makes sense to me
20:45 kathryn it's in our team calendar now :)
20:45 caroline #info Next meeting: 7 October 2020, 20 UTC
20:45 caroline #endmeeting
20:45 Topic for #koha is now Welcome to #koha this channel is for discussion of the Koha project and software
20:45 huginn Meeting ended Wed Sep  2 20:45:40 2020 UTC.  Information about MeetBot at . (v 0.1.4)
20:45 huginn Minutes:        https://meetings.koha-communit[…]-09-02-20.06.html
20:45 huginn Minutes (text): https://meetings.koha-communit[…]0-09-02-20.06.txt
20:45 huginn Log:            https://meetings.koha-communit[…]02-20.06.log.html
20:45 davidnind caroline++
20:46 inlibro joined #koha
20:46 cait caroline++
20:46 kathryn good night/good day everyone :)
20:46 caroline ashimema[m]: do you still have to manually run the thingy to add the next meeting to the calendar?
20:46 caroline (and create minutes)
20:46 ashimema[m] me or joubu
20:48 * ashimema[m] is on his phone though at the minute rather than  computer
20:48 caroline no worries... I just wanted to know if I should remind you or if it's somehow automated now
21:04 alexbuckley joined #koha
21:12 bag joined #koha
21:46 inlibro joined #koha
21:49 wizzyrea aleisha++
21:56 lisettelatah joined #koha
22:18 lukeG anyone else getting a JS. error on /cgi-bin/koha/circ/ in 20.05.x?
22:41 oleonard-away At what stage lukeG?
22:42 lukeG I see it right away, before I do anything
22:43 lukeG Uncaught SyntaxError: expected expression, got keyword 'var'
22:44 lukeG i think it doesn't like this line in
22:44 lukeG var columns_settings = [% TablesSettings.GetColumns( 'circ', 'returns', 'checkedintable', 'json' ) | $raw %]
22:45 oleonard-away I don't get that error. Check the source to see if that template tag is getting evaluated to something sane.
22:46 inlibro joined #koha
22:47 lukeG it appears to be getting evaluated as empty or NULL because all I see is 'var columns_settings ='
22:56 oleonard-away Any luck figuring out why, lukeG?
22:57 lukeG not yet
22:57 lukeG oleonard-away: is your 20.05.x up to date?
22:58 lukeG i checked master and 19.11, and I don't see the error
22:58 oleonard-away Oh sorry I should have said I was looking at master
22:59 lukeG Oh sorry, it seems to be a 20.05.x only problem
22:59 lukeG So something I did wrong, I'd reckon
23:00 lukeG https://bugs.koha-community.or[…]_bug.cgi?id=26361
23:00 huginn Bug 26361: normal, P5 - low, ---, koha-bugs, NEW , JS error on in 20.05
23:05 dcook joined #koha
23:46 inlibro joined #koha

| Channels | #koha index | Today | | Search | Google Search | Plain-Text | plain, newest first | summary